In The Office by Flicker and Sparkle
Summary:

They had one rule. They keep it out of the office.

 

....Watch it get broken.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Comedy , Erotica, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Fluff, Original Characters, Sexual Content , Strong Sexual Content , Un-betaed
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 7092 Read: 7464 Published: August 09 2011 Updated: March 18 2012

1. The Office by Flicker and Sparkle

2. Family Dinner by Flicker and Sparkle

3. Birthday Boy by Flicker and Sparkle

4. Chapter 4: The Last Chapter by Flicker and Sparkle

The Office by Flicker and Sparkle

Author's Note: Please excuse any spelling/grammar errors I make, and I only ask that you give constructive criticism. I ask that if giving constructive criticism, please give it in a nice and kind a way. Also, if you also see this story on The Sweetest Taboo Forum under a different name (Daffodil-Dreams). That is my account on there. Not that I've had any problems, but I don't want to be reported for any false accusations. Again, please review and excuse the errors.

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Dru Hughes hardly was a domineering type; she could barely get her dog to get off the couch, even when she stamped her foot to "emphasize" her point. The animal, like most people, would look at her as though it just inwardly rolled its eyes. She was the very bottom of the dog-eat-dog food chain. But there was man she could easily control; whenever he was around and it was time to play, she came out.

 

She didn't have a spilt-personality or an alter ego (it amazed her that some people even still had those); it was like a primal instinct over took her body. The shy, scared, tender woman took a break and let this creature take over anytime that that man came near her.

 

That man in particular was currently walking briskly down the office corridor; he walked with a smile--more like a smirk--on his face. He talked to their fellow co-workers easily, unwavered, not a hint of any discomfort in his smooth voice. One of his pale hands ran through his messy, almost platinum blond hair in a relaxed way.

 

Dru smirked herself, her dark eyebrow lifting knowingly. Let's see if he can look that cool and collected later tonight. She shook her head, breaking the thought from her head. She never used to think like that, not that all of her thoughts were pure. However, he had her saying things--begging for things-she never even thought she'd want in a million years. She found herself doing things that never even crossed her mind before. She tried to keep the cuffs of jacket pulled down, wanting to hide the few marks the silver handcuffs left behind. She kept her legs crossed. The one stipulation she created for their agreement-keep it out of the office. So far, he seemed to be holding up fairly well; she, however, felt almost ready to slip up, almost.

 

That man walked toward her, finally. His strides still smooth as ever. "Good morning, Dru. I suppose you're already ready for this morning's board meeting." His voice was as smooth as honey, and despite being in the U.S. for a fair amount of time, his British accent still came through quite strong. That was one of the things, among others, that made all of the women of their company swoon and almost kill to make it into his bedroom. Dru liked to see them try.

 

Dru smiled brightly. "Of course, River. Will be walking separately, or do you care to accompany a woman such as myself?" she asked jokingly. She stood up, straightened out her skirt-suit, and felt a small grab on her butt as she walked. Sh*t. Did anyone see that? She looked around; all looked normal. She let the little grab go. He remembered the rules, well and clear.

 

Dru sat in her chair, and prepared early for the meeting. She knew, from habitual meetings, that the lights were typically shut off and the blinds closed to make sure the presentations were viewed "in the best possible lighting", and she didn't want to have look for her documents in the pitch dark. Just to annoy her, she mused, River Tyson sat next to her. The meeting still hadn't started, and they were the only ones in the room. He looked at her with his chin resting comfortably on his fist and wearing that trademark smirk. She shot him a look.

 

   "You know, to be sexing me on the regular, you sure are mean to me," he said, teasingly.

 

     "Excuse me, but the whole ‘sex thing' was your idea," she snapped back quietly. Blond-haired little--  

 

    "My idea?" He feigned shock. His voice turned to a low whisper. "I seem to recall us going back to my apartment after that office party, and saying how long it had been."

 

She bit her lip reflexively.

 

"And then we went to my bedroom," he was right in her ear now, "and then after we went to my pool table," .

 

Her legs rubbed together unconsciously, and her fingernails scratched down the arms of her chair as though her life depended on it.

 

"Are you getting wet?" His white hand moved over dark thigh, to her underwear and stayed there, never going in. "Let me help you remember so more, eh?" He gently rubbed her, and her toes immediately curled up, her eyes shut, and she had to use all of her willpower to keep the expletives she wanted to yell at bay. "We've gotten creative, haven't we?" He rubbed slower, occasionally going in circles, quickly making her "wet situation" worse. "My kitchen counter, remember that?" He rubbed faster briefly, making have to pant. "And your table." She gave a low and equally high-pitched curse as she leaned forward.

 

   "River," she panted, "no one can see us like this," she said, but he kept moving his fingers against her. Besides I'm supposed to be able to control you, not the other way around.

 

   "They can't; the blinds are already closed." He paused. "But if you scream as loud as you do with me, they may just hear you." He whispered the last part against her.

 

    "If we get caught,--" she started, trying and failing to keep a normal voice.

 

    "We won't," he whispered back quickly. She felt the muscles in her began to tighten under the work of his fingers. Before she could even say anything, she felt two his finger enter her, and she almost came just from impact. She could barely breathe. His lips found the side of neck, and he began to suck and bite gently. Her muscles kept tightening and tightening, and her will to not take him right there was quickly shrinking. She felt that final snap, and had to cover her mouth to muffle any moan or scream that threatened to leave her. She kissed him roughly. "In my office. Now." She grabbed his tie roughly. "And if we get fired; I'm so kicking the crap out of you."

 

   "Understood."

 

After explaining to the board members that they realized they made a miscalculation on a report, and had to redo it, and they should reschedule the meeting, Dru and River hurried to her large office. She locked the door behind them, closed the blinds, and when she checked and double-checked that no one could see what they really doing she launched herself at River, kissing him aggressively. He stumbled but quickly recovered; he sent his hands through her neck-length jet black hair. He turned them around, knocked a lot of the pictures and papers off of one of her desks, and sat her on the edge of it. He quickly, blindly yanked her underwear off, still lost in their kissing. "Why did you agree to this?"

 

  "Are you complaining?" They still kissed.

 

  "H*ll no. I just know how your rule."

 

  "I don't trust either one of us behind the wheel of the car in this condition." She unbuckled his belt, and quickly unbuttoned his pants as well while he worked open her top. "Stand up." She didn't argue; no time to. They had to hurry. He spun her around, leaned her against the desk, and entered her body in one swift fast motion. He didn't take his time; he moved quickly, exiting and entering her.

 

Dru felt herself barely breathing, every time she needed to breathe, a moan wanted to fly from her throat. That couldn't happen! People would know then. She was honestly glad something horrendous, like her desk rattling and shaking, wasn't happening. Even if she kept her job, she'd never live down the embarrassment of being caught doing the bad thing with a co-worker, let alone him. When he first start working here, she swore up and down that she liked nothing about him, despite the fact she saw him as brilliant.

 

Her toes were curling tightly up in her high heels. She was getting closer. Acting quickly but being careful, she turned around, removing the man from her briefly. She pushed him into her chair, roughly. She got on top of him, and moved her body as quickly as she could. Normally, she'd drag out every motion, every feeling, but she didn't have that kind of time. She covered his mouth, trying to keep his quiet as possible, all the while moving with a friction so fast flames could've been created. She felt it, that telltale tightening, she quickened further, and felt a release that caused her to make a long scratch with her nails down River's arm.

 

His normally cool face was flushed pink and sweat covered. He leaned his head back against her chair. "I know that was a quickie, but--"

 

  "That was insane," she finished, breathing hard.

 

He looked thoughtfully at the nameplate on the ground. "You know, you're going to have to change that to Mrs. Tyson one day," he said.

 

Her arms wrapped around his neck as she laughed. "How about Mrs. Dru Hughes-Tyson?"

 

  "No, woman," he slapped her bottom playfully. "You're taking my last name, and just my last name, so, you better get the form to get your letterhead and all of that changed."

 

He may have been a blond-haired jerk, but he was hers so, it was okay. She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him. "You know, how are we going to play off the ‘sex smell'?"

 

    "Well, that's how I normally smell, but you might be in trouble though."

 

    "Smarta**," she cursed, under her breath.

 

He feigned shock. "How would your mother feel if she heard you using that kind of language, young lady?"

 

She laughed lightly.      

 

 

End Notes:

Thank you for reading.

Family Dinner by Flicker and Sparkle
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Author's Notes: Thank you all for the wonderful reviews. I've decided to do this story somewhat like a series of one-shots so far, but we can just see what happens. However, I will do my best to make sure that the summary and title of this piece tie into the story as well. Again, thank you for the great reviews.

 

Dru held out her leg, eyebrows arched, challenging him. "Well, take it off." She moved her foot back and forth. River stuck his tongue in his cheek, smiling. He slowly started peeling back the long, sheer, black stocking that covered her entire leg. He made sure to remove it slow, giving him time to kiss each part of her leg that became uncovered. "I just hope you know that whole office thing was a one-time only deal." She felt him smirking against her leg. "What?" She smiled.

 

      "I'll believe that when I see that."

 

       "Excuse me?" she asked, faking taken aback by his statement.

 

        "Well, first of all, between the two of us, I can hold out longer." Her eye brow rose.

 

         "Right," she said, disbelievingly. "Sure."

 

He let go of her long leg. "Do you need me to prove it?" 

 

Dru threw off her underwear, leaving herself completely naked on the bed. She placed her foot, in a pointed position, on her husband's chest before she started sliding down toward his groin, applying enough pressure, from beginning to end, to make it pleasurable, not painful. "I'd love to see you...try."

 

   "You're an evil woman," he said, moving her foot and resting between her legs.

 

   "Honey, I'm your wife." They laughed before they started kissing, getting wrapped up in each other all over again.

 

As soon as River opened the front door, the delicious smell of different foods hit him. He followed the smell into the kitchen. He saw Dru cooking, moving around hastily. The food that was already cooked was set over on a cooling rack. "You know, there are so many ‘Woman, get back to the kitchen' jokes I could say right now," he said, smirking and leaning against the wall.

 

    "And if you do, you know I can't hit you because I have to make sure the food doesn't burn."

 

    "I know." He walked over to the stove top. He saw spaghetti noodles cooking, meat sauce-using sausage pieces instead of beef, rolls and biscuits were in the oven, and two pies sat on the cooling rack. That only meant one thing. "My mother's coming over, isn't she?"

 

    "Well, she was trying to reach you, but we ended up talking for a few minutes. Then she said she wanted to get to know me better. So, she invited herself to dinner."

 

River groaned. His mother had a habit of doing this. She would come to dinner to meet one of his girlfriends, and then afterward tell him all of the things that was wrong with her. Then she'd demand he break up with her, and then ask why he can't date a woman who was better for him. Someone, who in his mother's eyes, had great upstanding morals and family values. So, a woman who could cook, listened to and followed his mother's advice, and had a lot of his babies. Well, he had Dru now, and he wouldn't change her for anything. He did wonder though if his mother honestly expected him to divorce her if she didn't fit her "standards"?

 

--

River sipped his white wine lightly. He was waiting, patiently, for his mother to say anything, anything at all, to hurt Dru. Then she'd be gone, out, even if it meant he'd have to grab her by her shirt collar and top of her pants and throw her out like they did the old cartoons.

 

   "So, Dru," Deborah Tyson said her name with skepticism, as though it wasn't a real name for a person, much less a woman, "why do you want my son?"

 

River choked briefly, but after regaining himself, was about to stand up, only being stopped by Dru.

 

    "Mrs. Tyson, I love your son; that's the only reason why I married him." She smiled, looking to River.

 

    "How do I know you aren't some jezebel after his money? He does come from money, you know. I meant we aren't Rockefellers, but we aren't the poor house either." She touched her hair.

 

    "Well, we both work in the same position at work. I'm very accomplished. I have two degrees, both of which are in Business and Management. So, I can take care for myself."

 

     "So, you mean to tell me they let a woman be a manager?" She bit her lip. "My, my things have changed." She paused. "I mean, are you really a manager, or did they just give you the title and a little bit of an increase? Do you actually make decisions?"

 

Dru visibly hid her irritation. "Yes, yes, I do."

 

Her mother-in-law rolled her eyes. "Things have changed." She took a large sip from her wine glass. "So, what about children?"

 

River threw his head back briefly. "Mum, we'll have kids when or if we have kids."

 

    "If? Did you just say ‘if'? River you can't be serious. You can't do this to me, to your mother. I want grandchildren. Are you telling me that you've become one of those ‘new age' people who wants to just go around pretending they're in their 20's for the rest of their lives? You can't be serious." She fanned herself.

 

    "You've got grandkids. In case you forgot, Mum, Donny and Greg both have kids that you can grandmother and coddle all you want." Donny and Greg were two of four of River's brothers. Both of them were married, and had three kids a piece at the insistence of Deborah. "Maybe kids....aren't in the cards for us."

 

    "What is she infertile? Can she not have kids? River, I told you, you should've married that girl who works in the flower shop. Why didn't you listen to me? Now you have this, this, this thing spelling binding you into loving her."

 

River wasn't going to let her finish the rest of her tirade. "Alright, good-bye, Mum." He helped out of her seat, handed her the things she brought with her, led her out of the door, and then closed it after hearing her blubbering about him never knowing the love of being a father.

 

Dru carried the empty plates to the kitchen sink, and started to wash them.

 

   "Sorry about her."

 

    "Eh, it's fine. My parents still aren't talking to us. My mother is still heartbroken that we didn't do everything she suggested in the wedding."

 

     "What is she on? We did almost everything she asked."

 

     "We didn't have the one thousand snow white doves releasing right when we said ‘I do', cementing our love forever," she replied in airy voice, imitating her mother. "And well, my dad is afraid of my mom so, he'll agree with anything she says."

 

He laughed. "Would it offend you if I said your parents are two sandwiches short of a full picnic?"

 

   "No," she snapped her fingers. "My brother likes you."

 

He looked at her through slitted eyes. "You told your brother I was Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter."

 

    "It's not my fault he actually believed me. In my defense, he should've paid more attention to the credits."

 

    "Just be glad the boy actually read the credits, eventually." He ran a hand through his blond hair.

 

    "Anyway, the point is," she wrapped her arms around her neck, "we still have each other." She kissed him lightly. "No matter what happens." 

 

He picked her up, and threw her over his shoulder.

 

"Where are you taking me?" she asked, laughing, shifting her body upward as best she could.

 

    "To do some more of what we did this morning," he said, carrying her to their bedroom.

 

    "I thought you said you could hold out," she replied teasing, smirking the entire time.

 

    "Yes, but if you're naked first, that makes me a victim to your harpy-like ways?"

 

    "What?" She laughed. "I'm not naked."

 

    "Give it time, woman. Give it time." 

End Notes:

Thank you for reading, and I thank you in advance for the reviews, if you give any. I'll try to update soon.

Birthday Boy by Flicker and Sparkle

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Author's Note: I finally updated. Thank you all for the beyond lovely reviews for these stories. Your comments were amazing. Again, thanks for all of the support. Since these are a series of one-shots, I will start naming each individual story. So, please review, and please excuse any spelling errors and grammatical errors. Again, thank you so much for all of the support.

 

 

River entered then exited Dru repeatedly. They were pressed against a wall, her dark brown legs wrapped tightly around his waist. Her head leaned back, and silent curses left her lips. He could feel one of her heels digging into his lower back, the other fell off a long time ago. How he convinced her to try this stunt again was beyond him. This time though they were in his office, and it was a Friday evening. Excluding a few janitorial people, they were alone. She probably could've screamed her head off if she wanted to, but chose not to. He wouldn't admit it, but as much as he enjoyed hearing her scream his name, watching her mouth it or whisper, along with a few other things, was much more sexier. The way her lips would just barely move back and forth, or her neck would extend enough for him to watch a trickle of her sweat run down. His mouth attached to the side of her neck, his tongue every now and then tasted her slightly salty skin.

 

He felt her start to clench, and saw her visible skin turn reddish-brown. He pulled out enough to withdraw, but not enough to drop her. She looked down dumbstruck. He promised himself that he'd draw it out for her, even if he needed it and she begged. Before she could say anything, he dropped her to her feet, turned her around, and entered her again. He heard that low curse of hers.

     "Why can't we just do this at home like a normal couple?" she struggled out.

 

     "Because you've been so preoccupied with work that we haven't had time to." He kept moving at a reasonable pace in and out of her. "You need to relax." He punctuated each word with a decent thrust, the last one earning a small cry from her. He kept moving. He had to focus. If not, he'd miss it. He wasn't a "one-round" type of guy, but he'd wanted to leave her shaking with legs like gelatin, barely able to walk kind of feeling. She started to push back against him. He heard her hard breathing, and waited for her to start to tighten. He felt her muscles start to contract, and pulled out one more time.

 

       "River, what the f*ck?" she said, immediately turning around. How could he tease her like that? That's like holding an ice cream cone out in front of someone and licking it right before they grab it.

 

He kissed her, picked her up, and put her on his desk. Before she could even stop him, he was inside of her again. Everything felt so...sensitive now. She tried to stop herself, but a small cry came from her lips almost from every stroke he gave her. She ran her hands through his platinum blond hair. She started to lean back, and he let her, taking this opportunity to put her legs over his elbows. She felt her other heel fall off. She was surprised it stayed on this long. He held a firm grip on her, and began to give fast, deep thrusts. Her body arched high; she couldn't control it. "Please...please don't stop," she begged. She could feel it mounting inside of her now. He must've picked up on as well, because he moved as quickly as he could. Dru put her fingers to her mouth. No sounds. Everything within her seemed to break, and she released. She felt him go shortly after she finished. She sat up and kissed him, her fingers playing with the hair on the back of his head.

 

        "We've proved something today," he said suddenly.

 

         "And that is?"

 

         "You may queen at home, but I'm king here."

 

          "Shut up," she replied. 

#

Dru spun her robe's tie while leaning in the doorway to River's study. He was sitting down reading a book over at his desk. She waltzed over, and straddled him. "Hey you, you're right. I was being a little neglectful."

 

   "A little neglectful?" he joked.

 

   "Okay, okay, I lost sense of my priorities. Cut me some slack." Her arms wrapped around his neck, and she leaned on him.

 

    "So, what brings you in here, may I ask?" he smirked.

 

    "Well, you distracted me from my work. I'm just trying to repay the favor."

 

    "Oh no, he's off limits. He's been punished enough. He's on break until tomorrow." He gestured downward while talking.

 

    "That's too bad. I wanted to show him something." She stuck out her tongue, showing a small, silver ball near the center.

 

     "You never told me you got a tongue ring?"

 

     "You never asked." She winked. "I was really planning to treat you today," she kissed the side of his face, "and thank you for straightening me out." She sucked on his neck. "But your friend is on vacation now so I'll guess I'll have to take a rain check." She got up and sauntered away.

 

River sighed. "F*ck."

#

River felt something....that was amazing. He held the covers up, and saw Dru's head bobbing up and down. This had to be a dream. He was going to wake up, and she was going to laugh at him for being almost thirty and still having wet dreams. But this all felt so real. He kept his hands out to his side and over his eyes. He would've fisted her hair, but he read somewhere that girls hated it when you literally pushed down. So, just in case he wasn't dreaming, he'd be nice about it. It didn't take him long to finish off. Dru came from up under the bed. "Good morning, birthday boy," she said, smiling sneakily.

 

  "Did you give me that just because it was my birthday?"

 

   "No." She ran her fingers on his bare chest. "Now, did I wake you up with it because it was your birthday? Yes."

 

    "Thanks for making me feel loved," he joked. "I really hope that's not you're only present."

 

Her finger went down to his belly button. "That's something for me to know, and you to find out." She jumped off him, and ran into the bathroom.

 

     "Don't take too long in there, woman. Some of have to get ready for work too!"

 

      "Lalaladida!" The shower turned on. 

#

  "Seems like everyone knows it's your birthday," Dru said lowly, as she and River walked side-by-side down the corridor in their office building.

 

   "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied.

 

   "Happy Birthday, Mr. Tyson," a young intern said walking up to them. Her dark, curly brown hair rested against her chest, trying to draw attention to the low-cut top she wore. "Did you want anything special for your birthday?" The hint behind her statement was made entirely too obvious.

 

   "Well, I would like a few things." He touched his chin.

 

Before she could stop herself, Dru's hand swung out, and hit him in the stomach. "You don't have to get him anything. He's only kidding." She squinted at him. "Come on, Birthday Boy; we have a report to do." She pulled him to his office.

 

River's eyebrow rose after sitting at his computer for a few minutes.

 

  "What's wrong with you?" Fake bells chimed saying Dru logged into her laptop.

 

  "I have fifty-six new e-mails."

 

  "Is it spam?" She put her laptop on the chair and walked over behind his desk, and broke out into peals of uncontrollable laughter. She leaned on the desk, burying her face in her arms. "Someone has fan girls." She continued to laugh.

 

He sighed. "Remind me why I married you again?" he asked. "Alright, alright. It's funny. Now stop making me sound like a bloody actor or musician. I don't have 'fan girls'."

 

  "Really? What do you call this?" She clicked on an e-mail and went back into her rolls of laughter.

 

  "I hope you know I'm going to spank you when we get home."

 

  "I look forward to it," she said, sitting down, slowly crossing her legs."

 

  "Knock, knock." A man around their same age opened the door. "What are you guys up to?"

 

  "Talking about how River has single handedly gotten his name written down on the list of potential sperm donors by almost every woman in the office," Dru answered before her work-non-admitted husband could say anything.

 

The guy choked on his coffee. "What?"

 

   "She means I just have a lot of birthday wishes from our female co-workers," River said, glaring slightly at Dru who only briefly stuck out her tongue.

 

   "You know, sometimes you two act like you're in middle school." He shook his head.

 

   "What?" They both replied.

 

   "You know, the two kids that act like they hate each other, but really like each other." He leaned over and looked at River's computer then laughed but quickly recovered.

 

    "I hate both of you so much right now," River said.

 

    "That's not true. If you really hated us, you wouldn't put up with us."

 

    "Well, him, he's negotiable. The only reason I put up with you is because you're se-" River bit his bottom lip to hide his smile as Dru's eyes got huge. "I put up with you because you're so good at your job."

 

Dru paled and mouthed something quickly before their co-worker could see it.

 

      "Okay, okay so, they're a little...." Their co-worker, Eric, started.

 

      "Easy," Dru suggested, snorting.

 

      "I was going to say overzealous."

 

      "They're definitely going out of their way," River said, still reading the e-mails. Eric leaned down and whispered something in River's ear, which made him grin. "Hey Dru, quick question."

 

       "You check all of the e-mails' boxes then select 'Trash'," she answered automatically, looking down at her laptop.

 

       "Not that, not that."

 

       "Then what?" She looked up.

 

       "Are you jealous?"

 

       "Jealous? Of who? Those crazy--No, I'm not jealous."

 

       "You're blushing! You are jealous."

 

       "I'm not jealous, you pompous Brit."

 

       "You say Brit like it's an insult," he replied, teasing her. He was getting under her skin. He loved it.

 

       "Fine then. Egotistical, pompous, narcissistic, conceited-"

 

       "Are you done?" he teased.

 

       "Accent-using b*stard."

 

       "I love you too." He made a kiss motion.

 

She narrowed her eyes. "You're a--"

 

        "I know, I know, a b*stard," he finished, holding up his hands.

 

The rest of their day had been like that. Dru and River taking small jabs at one another while still working on their projects.

#

Dru pressed the clicker, and changed her slide. "As you see by our projections, we'll actually go up in profit by switching to this way of manufacturing. As far as everything, one of my partners will explain the rest." Dru sat down in her chair to small group of applause. The board meeting was going smoothly so far. River gathered the entire stack in front of him, and walked to the front of the room.

 

   "Well, it's going to be really hard to follow that up," he joked, making the entire group laugh. "However, Ms. Hughes did do her homework." River started his presentation, starting where Dru left off. She watched as everyone in the meeting nodded his or her head along with what he was saying, and she would catch their boss smile occasionally. River's presentation seemed to go by quickly, ending with the entire room clapping and complimenting him. After the board members, the CEO, and the president of the company left, Dru and River were the only ones left.

 

     "Great presentation," she said, clapping. "So, now what?"

 

      "We head home."

 

     "Okay. You're taking the long way home," she said, smiling.

 

    "Hey! I always have to take the long way home. Besides it's my birthday." He paused. "You know I'm starting to think you're as-" Her lips interrupted the rest of his statement.

 

    "I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I'm not, nor have I ever been, ashamed of you." She touched his cheek. "I just worked too hard to get where I am, and I know marriage is important, but the last thing I need is a rumor going around saying I sleep my way to the top."

 

     "We're in the same position."

 

      "I know that. There can still be a lot of consequences." She leaned up and pulled away. "So, that's why you should take the long way home."

 

        "But it's my birthday," he whined.

 

        "All the more reason; I don't want your fan brigade finding out where we live."  Dru waved as she walked out.

 

         "Bloody tease," he whispered after her, grabbing his stuff and following behind her.  

 

#

 

River came home to smell of something delicious cooking. He saw a long rectangle on the table wrapped in paper and a large red bow placed on top of it. She better not have gotten me another tie, he thought before opening the package. He tore open the paper, and blinked in surprise. "Mrs. Dru Tyson" was written on a wooden-like surface in white. Dru walked out of the kitchen. "I see you saw your gift. I got you the box set of that you watch all of the time too, but I thought you'd want to see that first."

 

   "Are you serious? You're really going to put this up?" he asked.

 

She nodded. "First thing tomorrow. I would've put it up today, but they were still making it."

 

                    "What was all of that a few minutes ago?"

 

                     "Great actress, ain't I?" She winked. She turned and went back into the kitchen. "Oh, and happy birthday." She leaned out of the kitchen doorway.

 

Yeah, happy birthday, he thought.

 

End Notes:

Again, thank you for the reviews and the support. Once again, please forgive the errors.

Chapter 4: The Last Chapter by Flicker and Sparkle
Author's Notes:

That

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Note: I just want to thank all of the people who read and reviewed this. You all really inspired me to keep going, and finish out this story. I appreciate all of what you've done. And once again, I just wanted to say thank you. This is the last update for this story; I just wanted to let everyone know to reduce confusion. I hope you enjoy it. I apologize for any errors, spelling or otherwise. So, once again, thank you for reading.

Dru sunk herself down into the warm bath water. Her body instantly relaxed as she leaned back, resting against the back of the porcelain, white bathtub. Her long dark hair was clipped to her head. Today had been a long day. After having to deal with the evil eye from some of her female co-workers, repeatedly explaining to her different bosses the name change, and dealing with the wide grin her husband had like he just found his father's Playboy collection under the mattress, she wanted nothing more than to relax. She closed her eyes. All of this because she put a f*cking nameplate on a door. The bathroom door creaked open. She didn't have to open her eyes to know who it was. "What?"

 

   "Long day?" River asked.

 

   "You should know; you work there."

 

    "Come here."

 

     "No; I am not getting out of this tub."

 

     "Fine; just turn then." He kneeled by the tub, and she turned to face him. "Now, was it really all that bad?"

 

      "Just a little bit." She had her thumb and forefinger a few centimeters apart. "Your little fan-girls made it worse."

 

He sighed. "Why do you keep calling them that?"

 

       "Because that's what they are," she replied, snorting. "I mean come on; if they had things their way, you'd have them bent over your desk, giving it to them six ways from Saturday."

 

He smirked. "If I had things my way..."

 

         "I already know, and you've already showed me." She imitated his grin, and rested her arms on the side of the tub before sticking her tongue out.

 

         "So, are you coming out of there or not?" He rested his forehead against hers, placing each one of his hands next to her each one of her elbows.

 

          "Hmm...no." She pushed herself to the other side of the tub.

 

          "Fine then." He pulled his shirt over his head, and started unbuckling his pants.

 

          "What are you doing?"

 

          "Since you won't come out, then I'm coming in."

 

She didn't say anything. The tub was big enough to fit them both, even comfortably. Water splashed against her as River stepped into the tub. His hands started to rub her shoulders gently before moving down her back.

 

           "What do you want?" She looked at him out of the corner of one eye.

 

           "Nothing; I'm not allowed to be a nice, caring, generous husband," he replied, feigning hurt.

 

           "Your mother isn't moving in, is she?" She spun around.

 

           "No," he replied, confusion evident in his voice. "I just know that everyone gave you a lot of sh*t today. I wanted to make it up to you." He leaned in toward her.

 

           "Even though, you were one of the main ones giving me sh*t?" she replied, smirking.

 

           "Couldn't help it; I was happy."

 

            "F*ck you." A wide smirk stretched across her lips despite her crude statement.

 

            "Love every minute of it." His lips touched hers before she could say anything back.

 

            "In the bathtub?" she asked with a sly grin, between the kisses.

 

            "Why not? It'd be something new." He pulled her into his lap. "I mean we paid for it."

 

            "Yeah, but," his lips moved up her collar bone, "this is....different." She failed to keep the wide grin off her face.

 

He pulled away and looked at her. "Woman, listen to yourself sometimes. We've had sex on my desk at work, and you're feelin' shy about sex in a bathtub." One of his blond eyebrows quirked upward.

 

             "I'm not ‘feelin' shy'," she mocked his accent, "but it's still kind of new." She rose up slightly, which made her taller than his sitting height.

 

              "Sure, sure." He smirked. "So, tell me exactly how bad was it today?"

 

              "Bad enough that I'm glad it's the weekend, but it's not enough to make me quit." She moved her neck and back muscles.

 

               "Neck and back hurt?"

 

She ran her wet hand over the back of her neck and rubbed. "Yeah, a little."

 

               "Turn around."

 

             "Why?"

 

             "Can't you just do something I say without asking a question?" he teased.

 

             "No, that'd be too easy." She eased back into the water, turning around. His ran over her neck and back slowly. "That feels nice."

 

             "Good."

 

She laughed.

 

"You still haven't told me what happened?" He kissed the side of her neck as his hand ran around her front, diving into the soapy water. He moved a single finger along her thigh and her head tilted to the side.

 

As much as she hated to admit it, it felt nice. Really nice. "It was just the same thing, different day type of mess." Her lips curved.

 

   "Go on." His hands still moved along her body.

 

  "Well, half of the female body there were looking at me like they wanted me to suddenly burst into flames." She moved her arms slightly for emphasis.

 

    "More than usual." He snickered.

 

She looked over her shoulder, and squinted at him. "Yes, more than usual." She blew out air. "Please. They were calling me out, and when I know half of them want to--"

 

     "I know, I know, bent over my desk, screaming my name like someone who just lost their mind, getting f*cked six ways from Saturday. You've said it over and over and over and over again."

 

     "And then they were up there talking even more sh*t. ‘I bet she doesn't satisfy him', ‘how does he stay with her? You know black girls don't do a lot'. Please. You don't know--" River held his fore finger in front of her making her stop.

 

      "Before you finish that statement, think about what you're  about to say." He tried and failed to hide the large smile on his face.

 

She thought for a minute and a large blush tinted her dark skinned cheeks to a more reddened peach color. "I f*ckin' hate you, you know that?"

 

            "Well, I f*ckin' love you, do you know that?" He quickly kissed her on the lips.

 

             "I can go all night on this, you know?" She sucked in her lips, but still smiled.

 

A sly look crossed his face. "I know; it's one of the many things I love about you."

 

She hit him in the shoulder. "Do you have to make everything a sex pun?" Despite what she said, the wide smile on her face said otherwise.   

 

     "Not really, but I know it irritates the sh*t out of you, which why I do it."

 

She turned around fully now, facing him, and was standing on her knees. "You're a jacka**," she said, laughing.

 

     "Yes, but I'm yours."

 

     "I love you." Her voice was sincere. She really did.

 

He moved his hand from side to side, smiling. "Eh, comes and goes."

 

      "You're a jerk." The look of happiness on her face betrayed her.

 

       "I love you too." He leaned up and kissed her.

 

They lived happily ever after, whatever that meant these days.

 

The End

 

 

 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=1767