The Cold and the Righteous by Diva58
Summary:

 

This is an alternate Y&R universe.The Winters, Barbers, and Hamiltons are the core families.  The story revolves around them.

Cast of Main Charaters

Neil Winters

Drucilla Winters

Lily Winters

Devon Hamilton Winters

Harmony Hamilton

Tyra Hamilton

Tucker McCall

Sophia Dupree Winters

Malcolm Winters

Olivia Barber Winters

Nathan Hastings Winters

 

 

****This is a soap so expect it to be soapy...meaning the chances of coincidence happening are very high!


Categories: The Bold and the Beautiful, The Young and the Restless Characters: Drucilla Winters, Lily Winters, Olivia Barber, Original Character(s), Other, Tyra Hamilton
Classification: Alternate Universe, Crossover
Genre: Comedy , Drama, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: Drucilla/Neil (The Young and the Restless)
Warnings: Adult Situations, Character Death, Extreme Language, Incest , Original Characters, Racism, Sexual Content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 28 Completed: No Word count: 233522 Read: 163650 Published: April 29 2012 Updated: January 07 2013
Story Notes:

This story begins January 1, 2012.  Some back stories are the same and some were changed.

1. Summary by Diva58

2. Episode 1 by Diva58

3. Episode 2 by Diva58

4. Episode 3 by Diva58

5. Episode 4 by Diva58

6. Episode 5 by Diva58

7. Cast Photos by Diva58

8. Episode 6 by Diva58

9. Episode 7 by Diva58

10. Episode 8 by Diva58

11. Episode 9 by Diva58

12. Episode 10 by Diva58

13. Episode: 11 by Diva58

14. Episode 12 by Diva58

15. Episode 13, Part 1 by Diva58

16. Episode 13, Part 2 by Diva58

17. Episode 14 by Diva58

18. Episode 15 by Diva58

19. Episode 16 by Diva58

20. Episode 17 by Diva58

21. Episode 18 by Diva58

22. Episode19 by Diva58

23. Episode 20 by Diva58

24. Episode 21 by Diva58

25. Episode 22: I Hate You by Diva58

26. Episode 23: The one He kept for me by Diva58

27. Episode 24: I Missed You by Diva58

28. Episode 25: A Shameful Secret by Diva58

Summary by Diva58

Neil Winters woke up one day and decided that it would be the day he no longer would work for someone else. So he set out to create his own empire.  He had given up on finding love after his first wife, Dru, had died in a freak accident so he settled for friendship in an arranged marriage with Sophia, the mother of his infant son.


Pamela was finally ready to embrace her new life with her new man.  It would have been easier if she remembered her old one.  She had been having vivid dreams about people she didn’t know.  Or did she?


Sophia Dupree Winters was growing tired of her marriage of convenience with Neil.  She had yet to reconcile the life she wanted with the life that she had.


Lily Winters was trying to figure out what she wanted to do with the rest of her life after her husband had died due to his father’s own manipulations.  Raising kids alone was not as difficult as she thought,  but going to bed alone every night was the hard part.


Harmony Hamilton had finally decided that enough was enough.  So she decided to finally kick her drug habit once and for all so that she would have a decent chance at life.   All she cared about now was forging a relationship with her children, Devon and Anna.  She vowed nothing would get in the way of that.  Yet, her son’s billionaire biological father, Tucker, had other plans.


Tucker McCall had finally found his son Devon and the woman who had given birth to him.  Part him wanted to put his family together the way that it should have been all these years.  Too bad he had just married another woman months before they came into his life.


Devon Hamilton Winters recently found that his biological father was a man that he did not like and his longtime girlfriend wanted to get married.  He was not ready for either scenario.


Olivia Barber Winters was content with her life.  Besides the problems with her son at the hospital, she had no drama in her life. Little did she know, a lifelong friend had plans to change their relationship forever.  And with that change, bring unwanted drama.


Nathan Hastings Winters had only ever wanted to be a doctor.  And so he worked hard to make that dream a reality.  Then one mistake at the hospital threatened to snatch his dreams away.  On a brighter note, the only woman he had ever considered marrying had returned to town for good.  And this time he planned to finally make her his. 


Malcolm Winters new wife, Sophia, had cuckolded him with his brother and had his child.  So, he had divorced her and left town secure in the knowledge that if they would be this happy family, he wouldn’t have to see it unfold.  But then his oldest son Nate was being railroaded at the hospital which forced him back into town.


Tyra Hamilton left Genoa City in disgrace vowing never to return.  She was finally able to get the education she wanted when her adopted daughter Anna opted to attend boarding school on a scholarship.  After graduating, the perfect job opportunity fell into her lap.  However, it was in the one town that she did not want to go back too.


Anna Hamilton was slowly letting her biological mother into her life.  She didn’t really need her because she had a great mother in Tyra.  But she had always wanted to know about her father and she felt it was time that she asked Harmony about him.

Episode 1 by Diva58

 

 

 

Episode 1

Time: Morning

Location: Neil Winters Apartment

 

Neil Winters sat on the couch next to his wife Sophia Dupree Winters holding their son 2 month old son Moses.  “I have been thinking Sophia”. 

“About what” she says.

 He looks at her thoughtfully and says “I want to leave a legacy for my children.  I understand that Devon is into music and insist on doing that no matter how unstable that industry might be. I know that there is nothing that I can say to dissuade him but if it doesn’t work out I still want him to have a family business to come too. I know that Lily is focused on the twins and Moses is still a baby but-” 

Sophia looks at Neil lovingly.  “I understand sweetheart.  You are a really good man who always puts his kids first”.  Although Sophia still has a lingering passion for Malcolm Winters, Neil’s brother and her ex-husband, she had always had an appreciation for Neil’s sense of family and duty.  Something Malcolm appeared to lack. “It’s one of the things that I love about you”.  

He smiles at her.  Although their association started out as a shameful secret, he is proud that she chose to marry him to give them a chance at having a real family.  Something he hadn’t felt like he had since his previous wife Drucilla had fallen over that cliff.  He still had resentment and missed her every day.  However, looking down at his son’s chubby cheeks and up at his lovely wife Sophia, how could he not feel that things were as they should be.  Sometimes tragedy can be destiny he thought.  “I want to start my own company.  I think it is past time”.

“What sort of company.”

“I am thinking about providing communications services for corporations.  You know telephone services, data communications including the Internet, two-way radios, emergency telephones, public telephones, voice mail, and calling card services.  We’d also responsible for the design, specification, and supervision of construction, wiring, testing, documentation, and maintenance of inter-building communications facilities required for major renovations and new building construction”.

Sophia was well educated and an astute business woman in her own right.  She had served as the right hand of Tucker McCall for years.  He was her dad’s best friend and had help raise her. “Well Neil, that market is saturated with big names already.  Oh don’t give me that look.  I will support you but I am just letting you know that it won’t be easy breaking into it”.

“Never doubt me momma.  I have worked at all the big companies in Genoa City.  I have connections.  And you know in business it is all about who you know.  I’ll make it happen.   Gonna make some calls and get some investors this morning.  Stick with me. I have played this game longer than you have”. 

Sophia rolled her eyes as he kissed her cheek and laid Moses in her arms.  She loved Neil but he could be such a pompous, arrogant ass.  When he leaned back and looked at her she smiled. “Okay” she said aloud but thinking inwardly “man please, I know business just was well was you”.

 

Location: Inside GloWorm

Tucker McCall, owner of McCall Unlimited, sat in a booth eating breakfast with his wife Ashley Abbot McCall.  He had built McCall from the ground up first in the music industry and now into a completely diversified international conglomerate. He was literally a self-made man and was quite proud of who he was.  But there was something or better yet someone who had an uncanny ability to take his pride and flush in down the toilet with a glance.  He saw movement out of the corner of his eye when that one person walked into the restaurant and headed to the bar.  He still could not believe that after all this time of him searching for them, his mother, Katherine Chancellor, had finally found his biological son and discovered who the woman was that had given Devon life.  Because he was such a philanderer back in the day when he was managing bands, he had slept with many women.  He smiled to himself.  He didn’t regret all the women he had slept with he just wished he had been more observant about them.  For the life of him he could not remember Harmony Hamilton, or Candy as she stated she went by then.  He knew it was wrong to be so free but he loved women.  And from the way he couldn’t look away from Harmony right now no matter how much he tried, it was obvious that marriage had not lessoned his appetite.   

“Tucker?”

“Oh yeah, what did you say darling”.  As he pulled his eyes away from Harmony hoping Ashley did not notice her walk in.

“I was saying that I have to get to the lab at Jabot but I was going to stop off to see Abby first.  Would you like to come with me?”

“No, I have an important meeting in about 20 minutes.  No time for morning visits.  Tell Abby I said hello”.

She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek noticing how distracted he suddenly appeared. “Will do.  Bye sweetheart”.  

When Ashley walked out Tucker took out his cell phone and dialed his personal assistant Chloe Mitchell.  “Chloe.”

“Yes Tucker”

“I have that meeting with Bell Communications this morning can you please reschedule it.  Something important has come up.”

“Sure thing boss”.

 

 

Location: Outside of Gloworm

As Ashley is leaving she passes the front window of Gloworm and sees Tucker hang up his cell, stand up and head to the bar.  Then she notices Harmony.  “So now I know why he was so distracted” she thinks as she continues to walk to her car.   Hoping that Tucker and Harmony can make peace for Devon’s sake, she takes out her phone and calls Abby.

“Abby are you awake?”

“Yes mother”

“I want to stop by and talk to you about something”

“Sure.  But you have to make it quick because I was on my way to Devon’s studio”

“Okay”

 

Location: Inside of Gloworm

“Morning”, he said standing right behind her.  He was so close that she could smell his cologne.

“Oh my god, here we go” she thought.  Since she has been back in town, Harmony has run into Tucker almost everywhere.  It’s like she can’t shake him.  Sometimes she thinks he might just be following her. 

“Mick” she says aloud.  Seeing Tucker all the time only reminds her of the mistakes she has made with her life.  Getting on drugs and abandoning her children.  She wishes she could just be in town for Devon and not have to see this man all the time.  And the worst part is that he is still so damn fine.  She looks over her shoulder at him then back at the bartender.  And why in the world is he always giving her this smoldering sexy look.  “Jesus Christ!”  she yelled in her head.

“So, how are you?”

“Fine” she stated in a low sultry voice.

“Have you spoken to our son?”

“Yes.” She says as she turns around hoping he will step back. To her dismay, he does not. 

“You know it is okay to talk to me and use more than one syllable words” he stated with a small smile.

She couldn’t help herself.  She smiled back.  Mick, or Tucker as he calls himself now, could be very endearing when he chose.  And then other times he could be a complete asshole.  She would never forget how he told his band manager to offer her money to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Devon.  He claims that it is not true.  That he did not give Ruben the money nor did Ruben tell him about the pregnancy.  She doesn’t know what to believe anymore.  It shouldn’t matter  to her but it still hurt.  Probably because of how low she felt after that and how she numbed herself with drugs and alcohol.  “I know” she stated.  “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“I am just trying to figure you out.  Wondering why I can’t seem to remember you.”

“Well, you had a lot of women around you then so I am not surprised” she said.  Lord, he still does not remember me she thought. How could she be so stupid as to get pregnant by a man who saw her as someone not worth remembering?  How could she give him her virginity?

“I am” he stated flatly. Tucker was surprised that he still couldn’t remember Harmony.  He looked at her.  Really looked at her.  She was gorgeous.  She was short in stature with nice curves and beautiful skin the color milk chocolate.  He bet she tasted just as sweet as milk chocolate too.  Damn it! Why couldn’t he remember? A few months back he was in a coma after his crazy step daughter Abby had plowed him down in her car and it had messed him up.  He couldn’t perform the simplest task at first but he thought he was back 100%. “Obviously not” he thought, if he couldn’t remember this curly haired beauty.

“Meaning?”

“Back to one word replies I see” he said.  She smiled again.  Broader this time than she did earlier.  Wow.  Why did making this woman smile make him feel like a king? Maybe it was the dimples. He thought only dolls had dimples that deep.  He reached out his right hand to rub his thumb across her cheek but pulled back before he made contact.  He was married now. He couldn’t get involved with her.  Besides, this was his son’s mother and he didn’t want to hurt her nor jeopardize any chance he had with getting to know Devon.  He already had an uphill battle since Devon was presently calling that self righteous, do gooder Neil Winters “daddy”.  He should be happy that Devon had found people like Neil and Dru to love him and provide for him when he was unable to.  And he was, it’s just that he felt like it should have been him raising his son. 

“So Harmony, what plans do you have today”.   She looked shocked that he asked that.  Actually he was shocked himself.  It dawned on him. He wanted to know her.  For a myriad of reasons he could think of but mostly he wanted to know her so he could remember her and conceiving his son.

“I still have a few places I need to go to put in an application for a job.”

“I thought you worked at Restless Style” he asked.

“I do but it’s only part time.  I want another gig”.

“One of my executives need a personal assistant and I think you would be a good fit”. Deep down he knew it wasn’t a good idea to have Harmony working so near him in the same office every day.  He was far too attracted to her for his own good.  And it wasn’t just her looks.  It was the way she carried herself.  Such dignity.  Even knowing that he should be furious with her for not coming directly to him instead of going to Ruben about her pregnancy, he just couldn’t feel that way.  There was just something about her he liked.  Something that drew him.

“No thanks” she chuckled.   

“Why not.  The job pays very well”

“Because I want to do this on my own”. 

“I guess I can see that” he stated skeptically. He didn’t see it at all.  She had refused his money before but moved in with his mother because she had nowhere else to go.  Well, at least she wasn’t a gold digger.  “How about I give you my number and if you need anything at all, give me a call.  Even if it is a ride to the grocery store.  Call me”.  He reached in his pocket and pulled out his card and placed it on the bar beside her.  He didn’t think she would take it from his hand.

“Okay” she outright laughed.  Her laugh is musical he thought. 

“So now that we have that settled, let’s take a seat.  Let me buy you breakfast” he asked hoping she would say yes.

“Didn’t I see you and your wife eating when I walked in” she asked.

“ I am still a growing boy and –“

“No Thanks Mick...I mean Tucker” she interrupted.

“You can call me Mick, I like how it sounds coming from you “ he said intentionally allowing his voice to drop lower as he looked into her eyes.  He was surprised to find her staring back. Her eyes were misty and full of awe.  She was not as immune to him as she had first appeared.  “Oh yes, it was for the best that she did not accept the job offer” he thought. 

“Well if you don’t want to eat with me then I guess I will see you later” he said aloud finally breaking the eye contact by looking down for a peak at her cleavage.  She wore jeans and a v-neck  t-shirt.  He had been a good boy the entire conversation. He had not looked once.  He deserved that reward and was not disappointed when he gave it to himself.  They were as perfect as the rest of her appeared to be.

“Bye Mick”.  She said as he turned and walked away.

When he was gone Harmony sighed and leaned her back against the bar.  Damn Tucker McCall she thought.  How is it that he can still have this effect on her.  She picked up his card and walked out without ordering her food.  Tucker had taken her hunger with him when he left Gloworm.

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Jill Abbot Fenmore walked down the stairs and headed to the living room.  She found Katherine Chancellor, her one time mother and sometime friend reading the newspaper.

“Good morning Katherine”

“Morning Jill”

“Where’s Harmony?” Jill asked.

“I would assume she is out and about.  I am not her keeper, just her friend”.  Kay loved Jill like a daughter.  They had been through a lot together over the years.  They had thought Jill was her daughter but it turned out to be a mistake and now they knew that Tucker was the baby that Kay had given up all those years ago. But it doesn’t matter how much she reminds Jill that she is important to her, Jill was still very jealous of anyone to which she showed any attention.  Her biggest rival in her head was Nikki Newman, someone Kay thought of as a daughter.  But over the past few days, she was beginning to think that Jill had replaced Nikki with Harmony, her grandson’s mother.  Kay had enough love and attention to spread around.  She never understood why Jill didn’t understand that concept. 

“Well, could have fooled me as you have her living here” Jill mumbled under her breath.  Jill actually liked Harmony.  She thought her a fun person to be around and felt like she livened up the house but she wouldn’t give Katherine the satisfaction of knowing. 

Kay opened her mouth to say something but before she could, Chloe walked in holding her daughter Delia’s hand.   When Delia spotted Jill and Kay she pulled away from her and ran over to where they were sitting on the sofa.  “Grandma Jill, Grandma Kay” she squealed.  “Delia, good morning sweetheart” Jill said as she enveloped her granddaughter in her arms.  She let her go so that Delia could embrace Katherine.

 Jill was so proud of Delia.  Chloe had given birth to Delia 3 years ago under the pretense that Cane was her father.  She still couldn’t believe that Chloe would lie and lead them all to believe that Delia was Cane’s child, when she was actually her son Billy’s daughter.  Even worse she couldn’t believe that Cane would go along with it knowing it wasn’t true.  But Cane was dead now. At the hands of his own twin brother and Billy had become quite the father to Delia.  She knew that Chloe still loved Billy.  In her opinion, they were soul mates.  No two people had been born more perfect for each.  But for some reason, her dumb son insisted that he didn’t love Chloe.  She would never understand that as one look at their interactions would show anyone with half a brain that Billy was smitten with Chloe.  “Oh well, a mother’s wisdom can only go so far” she mused.  And Chloe had been stood up at her wedding recently by that stupid Kevin Fisher.  She never liked him or his money grubbing mother, Gloria Baldwin Fisher Abbot.  She still blamed her for the death of John Abbot, her son Billy’s father. Anyway, Billy was now recently remarried to Victoria Newman.  Someone who was too old for him and too much of a daddy’s girl. 

“Are you heading to work Chloe” asked Jill.

“Yes I am.  Although I need to make a call before we leave to cancel a meeting for Tucker”.

“Cancelling meetings.  That is not at all like my son” says Kay. “Does he do that often nowadays?”.

“A few times in the past couple of weeks but it’s no big deal.  Sometimes things happen” said Chloe.

“I tell you what.  How about I take my granddaughter to breakfast at the GCAC then drop her off at school on my way to the office” Jill asked looking at Delia then to Chloe. The school was right across from the Jabot offices and it was more convenient for her to drop off Delia than Chloe.  Besides, she liked helping out when she could.  She knew that Chloe had to still be upset about Kevin and probably needed some alone time.

“Thanks Jill”.

Chloe then went into the dining room to make her call.  After rescheduling the appointment for next week she left the house. As she was driving she realized that she needed to go to Jabot to pick up some important files for Tucker before going to McCall Unlimited.  She refused to think about Kevin.  Everyone thought that she was upset but she really wasn’t.  She loved Kevin but not the way that she should have if she were going to marry him and certainly not the way she loved –

She interrupted her own thinking.  No she was not going to go there.  Billy had made his choice years ago and she wasn’t it.   She had moved on.  He had moved on.

 

Location:  Abby’s House

“Abby”, Ashley yelled as she walked into the house.

“In here mom”

Abby was seated on the sofa in the living room reading a magazine.

“You better not let your uncle Billy find out you are purchasing his competition”

“I know. Please don’t tell him” Abby stated as she laughed.

“I won’t if you take me up on this offer.  Come to work in the marketing department of Jabot?”

“Mom, you know that I just invested in Devon’s record label and had hoped to work with him on that. “

“Abby, you do realize that Devon is with Roxy and he seems devoted to her”.  Ashley felt compelled to state the obvious with Abby.  Her daughter could be like a dog with a bone when she gets an idea.  Getting ideas is exactly how she ended up hitting Tucker with her car when she thought he was seeing Diane Jenkins the early part of last year.  Thank god he had survived.  And Abby had narrowly escaped going to prison thanks to Tucker.

“I know that but they aren’t married yet”

“Just be wiser this year honey. Don’t do anything you will regret. Devon has been a good friend to you.  You’d be sensible not to mess that up”. Ashley knew what that was like from experience.  She had messed up many good friendships with men by taking it romantic or making stupid choices.  One that she really regretted was Paul Williams.  He was such a good man but for some reason she chased danger and threw over Paul for Tom Fisher, who turned out to be a crazy abuser.  But then it all worked out as she was with someone else now anyway.  Of course, the fact that Tucker was just as successful as Victor Newman, Abby’s bio father, was a bonus.  She enjoyed the status she got as his wife.  And Paul could never provide that.  But still she couldn’t help but wonder what if.

“Your one to talk about wise choices in men” Abby said.  “Tucker is not a paragon of virtue and I still don’t trust him”

“I know honey but I thought we had all moved on”

“Oh we have” she said in a way that left no doubt that  Abby had not moved on. “Look mom, I have to go.  I want to stop by Crimson Lights and get some pastries for the studio”

“Okay.  Just promise you will think about what I asked and what I said”. 

“I will now let’s go”.

As they left the house Ashley wondered how things had gone with Tucker and Harmony.

 

Location: Neil Winters’ apartment

Neil hung up his phone smiling.  He had just brokered the deal to purchase a well established small Communications company.  The owner stated that he had been in talks with some big conglomerate who wanted to buy the company to bring in as their communications department.   The CEO had cancelled their meeting at the last minute this morning so Neil had spoke to him just in time.  Now he needed to contact a few other people that he wanted on his team that would help with the transition of the company under his leadership.  First person was his cousin Christopher Winters.  They were always close growing up.  Although they had both planned to go to college together, Chris had decided to attend Vanderbilt University down in Tennessee, while he went to Stanford.  He dialed his cousin’s number.

“Hello” he heard a deep voice say.

“What’s up Chris” Neil said.

“Well well, if it isn’t cousin Neil, the unemployed baby daddy”, Chris teased.

“Whatever man, I am about to be unemployed no longer.  I got investors to start my own company.  And I want you to come here to help me run it.”

“What! When? How?” Chris asked shocked.

“You know Bell Communications?”

“Yeah”

“Well I just got off the phone with the owner .  I convinced him to sell it to me instead of some fat cat.”  Neil thought about his discussion about family with the owner who only agreed because of Neil’s family owned business mentality which the owner liked.  It was always his vision for him to leave it to his kids but he and his wife were never able to have any.

“You were always one smooth brother.  So what do you need me to do?”  Chris asked.

“I want you to move here and be my right hand.  You are single and have no kids.  Why not?  This is our chance to leave a legacy for the Winters family.  It was our dream.  Remember?”Chris and Neil had always shared the same vision.

 He wondered if Eve would be interested.  She was a defense attorney though.  He doubted it.  Eve Winters was Chris’ sister and also a cousin to Neil and Malcolm.  They all had grown up together.  Eve and Malcolm were always close and she was still pissed at Neil for sleeping with Sophia when she was engaged to Malcolm. What is done is done. He and Sophia had made the best of it.  And Malcolm had every chance to stay and raise Moses as his own.  But he chose to leave and divorce Sophia.  Malcolm’s loss was his gain.  He had gotten a great woman and a beautiful son. He would not keep apologizing for that.

“Alright cousin.  Let’s do this. I will give my resignation to Microsoft today and head out there tomorrow.  Let’s make history like we always planned.  I’ll tell Eve.  I wonder if she would be interested in joining us.  What about Malcolm?”

“I haven’t heard from my brother.  Understandably so.”

“That’s true”

“I am also gonna ask Justin Barber”,  Neil informed Chris.  “You remember Dru’s cousin right.  He works for Bill Spencer Jr at Spencer Publications.  He is a contracts guru.“

“Yeah, I know that slick bastard.  I haven’t seen him in years though.  He is just the kind to work for Dollar Bill. ”

“True.   As a matter of fact I need him to look over the contract for sale of Bell Communications.  Let me call him.  See you when you get here.”

“Later Couso” Chris replied.

“Bye man and –

 “Oh and by the way” Chris interrupted.  “I will need a personal assistant as soon as I touch down.  You know I don’t handle menial tasks”.

“Sure thing man.” Neil could only roll his eyes at his cousin’s ego.  The guy was way too arrogant for his own good.  But he liked that about his cousin.  They were finally going to be what they should be: Owners.

 

Location:  Crimson Lights

Abby Carlton Newman walked into Crimson Lights like she was on a mission.  And she was actually.  She wanted Devon Winters and would do almost anything to have him.  There was just something special about him.  When he smiled, his eyes sparkled.  She had caught herself staring into their depths while her heart was on a free fall more than once.  With his girlfriend “Roxanne the Perfect”  being out of the country for the next month for work as a buyer for some fashion house, she had plenty of time to seal the deal. Forget what her mom  Ashley said. She had just recommitted herself to Tucker McTool.  That man could not be trusted and had the worst wandering eye she had ever seen.

Abby made her way to the counter and ordered a dozen muffins. 

“That will be $16.75” said the barista.

Just as she was reaching into her purse for the money, a long tanned armed reached over her shoulder with a $20. 

“Allow me” she heard a voice say.

She turned to the right to witness Ricky Williams smirk as the waitress took the cash from his hand. 

“Have you forgotten who I am?  The Naked heiress is more than capable of buying her own breakfast.”  Another wandering eye she thought.  It must be something in the water in Genoa City.  Ricky was the son of Paul Williams and that loon Isabella Brana.  Abby was a young child when Isabella faked her own murder and set Christine up for it, but she remembered the tale that the adults whispered when they thought that she was playing.  Ricky was new to town because he had been raised by Iabella’s parents.  She noticed that Ricky looked a little pale and sweaty.  “Are you feeling okay?”

“I have been a little under the weather lately but I will be fine” he said.

“Well if you say so”.  She turned to get her box of muffins which were payed for by Mr Smarmy standing next to her and felt something bump hard into her.  She looked around to notice Ricky crumbling to the floor beside her. 

“Oh my god. Ricky. Ricky! Are you okay” she said kneeling on the floor next to an unconscious Ricky.  When he did not respond at all she yelled “Someone call an ambulance…please…now!”

Thinking about what to do next it dawned on her that she needed to contact Paul so that he could meet them at the hospital.  But she didn’t have his number.  She knew that he and her mom were friends so she decided to call her.  She pulled out her phone and dialed the number.

“Mom” she said out of breath.

“What’s wrong Abby” Ashley said trying to keep the panic out of her voice.

“Ricky Williams just collapsed at Crimson Lights.  The ambulance is on the way but I wanted to tell Paul but I don’t have his number”.  Abby began to cry overwhelmed by what was happening and her being allowed to be responsible in the situation.  No one else seemed to do anything but stand around. 

“Oh no, I’ll call Paul honey and meet you at the hospital”.

“Thanks Mom” she hung up the phone and waited  for the Ambulance.

 

Location:  The parking lot of Jabot Cosmetics.

Chloe Mitchell pulled up to the office and got out of the car, she dropped her cell phone.  She bent down to pick it up but noticed a hand snatch it away before she could reach it.

“Allow me” the deep voice said. 

Chloe looked up into vivid brown eyes.  She felt her heart skip a beat.  Seriously, it should be a law against such male beauty she laughed inwardly. This guy had caramel colored skin and very chiseled features.  “Thanks” she said as she took her phone from his hand.

“May I ask your name?” Detective Trevor Jacobs knew exactly what her name was.  He had seen her so many times over the past couple of months but she was dating that pip squeak Kevin Fisher with a rap sheet the length of the Grand Canyon.  He had heard that they were supposed to be married a few days ago but she wasn’t wearing any rings now. 

“Chloe” she stated her name matter of factly.

“You actually look like a Chloe.  The name suits you”.  He smiled broadly.

“Thanks, I guess” Chloe said slowly squinting her eyes in an attempt to try to figure out this guys’ angle.  Was he flirting with her or being nice.  She couldn’t figure it out.  More than likely, he was flirting.  Men she thought.  They are always looking for the next good time.  Whatever!

“You’re not going to ask my name?” he asked with a slight chuckle afterwards.

“I am sure you will supply it without being prompted to do so”.

“You’re right.  My name is Trevor Jacobs.  Detective Trevor Jacobs”.  For some reason her eyes  hardened at the mention that he was a detective.

“Do you have a thing against police officers” he inquired.

“I can’t begin to tell you all the things I have against those that protect and serve” she said with narrowed eyes.

 

Location: Ashley McCall’s car

Ashley pulled her car over.  She was shaking pretty bad and needed to calm down.  After pulling over she picked up the phone and dialed Paul’s number.  She hoped Ricky was going to be okay for Paul’s sake.  He was such a great guy and had just gotten his son back in his life.  They had been estranged over some things that Ricky had done to his sister Heather, Paul’s other child.

“If it isn’t Ashley the beautiful. What do I owe for the honor of getting such a call from such a woman on such a day”, he said with a smile as he answered the phone.

Ashley hated to take the smile from his voice but she needed to tell him.  “Abby just called and told me that Ricky collapsed at Crimson Lights.  The ambulance should be transporting him to the hospital right now.  You need to get over there”. 

“Okay. Uhm, Okay.  I am leaving right now,” he said. “Thanks for letting me know”.

“Of course Paul.  I will meet you there in a few minutes” Ashley said softly.

“Really.  Thanks Ashley”, Paul said gratefully.

“Well, Abby will be there and she seemed so upset”

“Oh.  Right.”  He said disappointed that Ashley was not thinking of him but of her daughter.  He should have known but he was still somewhat hopeful that they could still be able to explore the feelings they had developed for each other  years ago.  He wanted to tell her so but instead just said “bye”.

“Bye” she said.

Ashley knew that she was lying to herself and Paul when she said she was going to the hospital for Abby.  She was really going to give Paul her support.  She still had some guilt about how they ended.  But she was married and it wouldn’t be wise to let Paul know about her regrets.  She then pulled out traffic to head for the hospital.

 

Location: McCall Unlimited Offices

Tucker walked into his office and sat at his desk.  All he could think about on the drive from Gloworm was Harmony and that glimpse of her perfect breasts.  He wondered how they would feel in his hands.  He wondered what color and size her nipples were.  He wondered how they would taste.  He wondered about how hard her nipples would feel on his tongue as she came beneath him. He had to get a grip.  He loved Ashley and didn’t want to lose her.  She had brought so much to his life.  She had given him a new found respect for family and what that meant.  And now that he had found his son Devon, he wanted so badly to have that with him.  Maybe that was why he couldn’t help obsessing over Harmony.  Victor was Abby’s father and he had seen how the bond that Ashley and Victor shared was never broken.  Maybe that is what he is feeling for Harmony. Who is he kidding?  It wasn’t that.  He just wanted her.  He just wanted to bury himself in her.  As deeply as possible.  As often as possible.  Although his memory was shit now, he just knew he had never felt this kind of desire before.

He knows he shouldn’t give in to this but he hasn’t so much as looked at another woman inappropriately since he and Ashley got married…well until Harmony came to town.  Either way, he deserves some reward.    He closes his eyes and begins to fantasize about making love to Harmony.  She is lying naked on her back in his bed.  The white sheet makes her skin glow even more.  Her brown curls are wild on his pillow as she smiles up at him showcasing her dimples.  Her legs are raised , bent at the knees, and falling open haphazardly.  Her feet are planted firmly into the mattress.  Tucker can see her glistening juices dripping from her opening. 

“She is very flexible” he thinks.  He was really enjoying this fantasy now that he has decided to indulge himself so he continues.

As he looks at her mouth, he reaches out his hand to rub his index finger over her lips.  They are very soft.  He ached to kiss them but instead of doing so he allows his fingers and his eyes to travel the length of her body.  He runs his finger down her chin onto her neck.  He can feel her swallow. He continues his foray by allowing his finger to travel over her chest down between her breasts over her flat stomach to rest in the middle of her navel.  She moans seductively.  He takes that as a sign to continue. 

His finger travels over her lower abdomen and down to her lower lips.  She was shaven just the way he liked.  He parts them with his fingers and rubs her clitoris with his middle finger.  She moans louder this time but says nothing else.  He glides his finger down from her clitoris to her opening and begins to slowly push into her.  She is so wet. So hot.  “I want this woman so bad” he thinks to himself.  When his finger is half way in he stops. “Tell me you want me just as much as I want you” he demands in a hoarse  barely controlled whisper.  She stares into his eyes and opens her mouth to speak.  His desk phone rings and rouses him from his daydream.  Damnit!

 

Location:  Outside Delia’s school

Billy Abbot was just about to walk up the steps to his baby girls’ school when he noticed Chloe talking to some guy. She looked sexy as usual but it was something about her body language he didn’t like.  She was flirting with this guy it seemed and the guy was flirting back.  That little vixen!  He knew he shouldn’t begrudge her this small bit of fun but he couldn’t help himself.  Although they were not together and it was his choice, he still thought of her as his.  And he didn’t like to see her with other guys.  He had watched her make a fool out of Cane because he was too scared to claim his child that was growing inside of her.  But then it came out that Cane was the one making a fool out of them all.  Oh well, the little con artist was dead now so no matter.  He just hated seeing Lily Winters so hurt over it.  And those little babies growing up without a father was very sad.  He would do all he could to make sure they didn’t feel Cane’s loss too painfully. 

Instead of going into the school, Billy’s curiosity about this guy got the better of him so he turned and headed in Chloe’s direction.

 

Location:  Spencer Publication in LA

Justin Barber noticed the name on his caller ID and gave a grunt of shocked happiness.  He had been kind of down since his divorce to his wife Donna Logan.  The simplest things gave him such joy now. 

“Neil”

“Justin.  How’s LA treating you?”

“I can’t complain”.  Well he could but he would not do it to Neil.  Neil had lost Justin’s cousin Dru in a freak accident.  The particulars still were not clear to him but it involved a tussle over a cell phone.   At least Donna was still alive.  Just not with him anymore.

“Well I have a proposition for you.”

“Well let’s hear it”.

“How would you like to come to work for me here in Genoa City?”

“Work for you?” Justin was shocked. Olivia had told him about Neil resigning from Chancellor over the owner keeping the secret about Devon’s bio father.  He needed to call Devon to see how he was handling things.  Dru had loved that boy as if she gave birth to him.  Sometimes he had wondered if the boy had sprang from her body as a fully formed teenager.  That was Dru’s kid and he was so much like her in so many ways.  He was a good boy though whereas Dru was not always very good.  Justin laughed at this own thoughts. But Neil had raised him well and taught him what being a man was really about.  He respected that.  He just wished he had been able to raise his own son and given him such wisdom.  Maybe he wouldn’t have gotten himself caught  up with a baby by that alley cat Amber Moore.  But no, Marcus insisted on still calling that wimp Eric Forrester “dad” while calling him “pop”.  He still had some resentment towards Donna over it.

“Yeah man.  I got investors together and purchased Bell communications.  Even if you don’t come I will still need you to look over the acquisition contracts”. 

“No problem. I’ll look over the contracts but I am not sure about moving to Wisconsin.  It’s too cold there”

“Whatever man.  Everyone knows that is not the real reason” Neil stated then laughed out loud.

“What’s the real reason then Neil”

“You do not want to leave your son. But mostly  you do not want to leave your ex-wife in LA”.  Justin almost broke his pen in half.  Did everyone know that he was that much in love with Donna still?  How embarrassing.

Neil, oblivious to what was going on in with Justin’s anger continued, “I understand that better than anyone.  But I am trying to build a legacy for my family, which is your family too.  Don’t you want that for Dru’s kids and don’t you want that for Marcus.”  Justin had loved Dru.  She was such a spitfire. He missed her every day.  He didn’t tell anyone but he sometimes saw her in different places around town.  He knew it was just his imagination playing tricks on him. 

“Of course I want that for them”.

“Alright then.  My man.  Now we are talking.  How about I offer you 15% ownership?  Would that sweeten it”.

 Justin thought about how much Marcus admired Eric.  “Sure.  Why not.  I only live once”.  I will let Bill know that I am resigning and moving to the Antarctica.”

“I won’t even ask how Bill will take it.  I know you guys are friends but I speak from experience when I say that having a friend who is also your boss will make them forget what friendship actually means.”

“Bill’s a good guy…warped but a good guy”.

“If you say so, I will let you handle it. I will also send you that contract to look it over later today.”

“Alright, later Neil”.

“Later”.

Location: The parking lot of Jabot Cosmetics

“So Chloe, how about I take you to lunch sometime” Trevor asked.

“Take me to-“

“So where is our daughter”.  Chloe looked up to see Billy approaching.  She couldn’t believe his stupidity. How dare he come over here and blurt that out just when she was being asked out by a fine man.  Even if he was a detective.

Just as he arrived she stated casually, “oh pop the trunk of my car.  You’ll find her stuffed in there with her little orphan Annie rag doll”.

“Ha Ha. So whose your friend”. She heard as a hand settled possessively on her back. What the fuck is going on with Billy Abbot today she thought.  She knew he liked to ward off all men who showed interests in her when his wife Victoria was not around to see it.  But this hand caressing her lower back was something new. 

“This is Detective Jacobs.  He was just asking me out.”

“Asking you out.  I see”.  Billy removed his hands from her back and stared daggers at the detective. He also began fidgeting from side to side cracking and flexing his knuckles.  Something she knew from observation that he often did when he was annoyed.  Give me a break. How can Billy possibly be annoyed that she was being asked out.  He was married to Victoria Newman and they both were acting like the world would end if they didn’t have a child together as soon as possible.  Billy had even gone to the ridiculous length of buying a baby from a broker.  But that was her Billy.  The ultimate screw up.

“Yes Billy.  Asking me out.”  She looked over at the detective to see if he had the cajones to continue to do so with her baby daddy standing next to her.  But he wasn’t looking at her at all.  He was focused on his little stare down with Billy. “Spare me” she thought.  “I will just get out of the way so that you two cavemen can continue to pound your chest.  Oh yeah Billy.  Tell your wife Victoria I said hello”. She rolled her eyes and walked off into the building.  Both men watched as she walked away.

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

The gurney carrying Ricky was rushed into the hospital.  It was met by nurses and Dr Nathan Hastings Winters.  He had a gift for diagnosing rare diseases. It was his passion.  But he also did his rounds in the ER.   

“So who do we have here” asked Dr Winters.  He noticed a distraught Abby Newman run in behind the gurney.  She was the daughter of a family friend, John Abbot.  His great Aunt Mamie had worked for the Abbot family most of her life.  She had come into some money years ago so she didn’t do domestic work anymore.  But she and John had remained friends until his death.  Aunt Mamie had basically raised John’s children being that their mother had left them when they were young.  Ashley, Abby’s mother, was one of those children.

“His name is Ricky Williams.  His blood pressure has been dropping steadily. “

“Alright.  Thanks guys. “ He said to the EMTs. “Let’s get him to a room”.  He smiled at Abby as he ran beside Ricky.  “It’s gonna be okay.  Just wait out here and I will come back out as soon as we know anything”. 

“okay” she said, her voice shaking.

 

 

 

 

Episode 2 by Diva58

 

Episode 2

Time: Same day as previous episode, Midmorning

 

Location: Spencer Publications in LA

 

Justin had just finished looking over the contract that Neil had faxed over.  This guy that Neil was buying from must be a total pushover in business because there was not one ambiguous statement or underhanded clause in the contract.  He wondered if this was how Neil always did business and if these were the kind of people he were used to dealing with.  They were nothing at all like his boy Dollar.  He picked up his phone and dialed Neil’s number.

“Justin.  Tell me things are on the up and up” Neil playfully demanded when he answered the phone.
“Things are on the up and up”

“Are you serious?  So it’s a go?”

“Yeah man.  Sign the papers now before he changes his mind” Justin said playfully.

“Alright, let’s make this happen.  Have you spoken to Bill yet?”

“Not yet.  I wanted to get you this contract back first.  I am about to talk to Bill about it now.”

“Later”

“Bye”

 

Location: Jabot Cosmetics Office Building

Chloe took the files from the assistant and headed for the elevators.  Delia’s birthday was this weekend and she wanted a party.  Her oncologist had finally cleared Delia to go back to school after her recent bout with cancer so Chloe figured that Delia deserved to really celebrate this birthday.  She was thinking about who to add to the guest list when she realized that she could just stop by Ashley’s office to invite her.  Not only was she Chloe’s bosses wife.  But she was Billy’s sister which made her Delia’s aunt.  She exited the elevator and walked to the office door.  It was slightly ajar but she decided to knock anyway.  No one answered.   She pushed the door open and found that the office was empty.  She decided to look for Ashley in the lab.  Although Ashley was an executive, she was also a pretty good chemist.  She knocked on the lab door but didn’t get an answer.  Oh well, she would just tell Tucker to tell her. 

She decided to leave and got on the elevator.  As the doors were closing she noticed Adam Newman coming out of Ashley’s lab.  She found that interesting because he worked for his father’s company, Newman Enterprises.  Why would he be in Ashley’s lab? Why didn’t he answer when she knocked? She knew that Ashley and Adam had been friends two years ago when Ashley was married to Victor Newman.   It’s kinda hard not to be friends with someone when you share the same house.  But she distinctly remembered Billy saying that Ashley hated Adam now.  Maybe they had made up.

 

 Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Abby stood in the waiting room of the hospital crying and shaking.  She really hoped Ricky was going to be okay.  Her mom and Paul should have been here by now.  She knew she was being morose but what if something happened to them on the way.  Like maybe an accident or something.

Dr. Nate came out looking for someone.  Was he looking for her or the next of kin?

“Oh my god Nate.  He’s dead isn’t he? I just know he’s dead.”

He grabbed her shoulders with his hands and gave her a small shake. “Calm down Abby.  He is not dead.  We are still working on him. I came out to see if Paul had arrived so that I could ask a few questions”

“No. Neither he nor my mom is here yet.”

“I have been standing here trying to talk myself out of the thought that they were dead too.”

Nate narrowed his eyes at her.  He probably thought she was as insane as Ricky Williams’ mother.  But she wasn’t crazy.  She would claim high maintenance and high strung, but not crazy. 

“Okay.  I will have the nurses notify me when he gets here.  I’ll be back out later” he said as he walked off in a hurry.

“Well can you tell me what’s happening” she said to his retreating back.

“I can’t Abby. Sorry” he said as he looked over his shoulder and continued walking.

Abby was so scared.  What if Ricky died on her watch?  Then Paul and the Brana’s would all hate her. She started crying anew.  She needed someone to talk to or she would go crazy.  She picked up her phone and began to dial the only friend that she had.

 

Location:  Cold Winter Records Studio

Devon Winters sat in his office talking on the phone to his girlfriend Roxanne Davis.  Devon was still trying to figure out where to place his biological father Tucker McCall and biological grandmother Katherine Chancellor in his life.

“It’s not that I don’t want to know them.  I just don’t trust that they would ever be able to put family above their stupid vendetta” he told Roxy.

“I understand Devon.  But people change.  They make mistakes and they learn from them.  Look at your mom.  She has finally gotten it together.”

“Yeah”.  Devon smiled at the thought.  He had always loved his mother so much.  And he knew she loved him.  She just was not a strong person.  There was something inside her that made her live such a destructive lifestyle for so long.  Even sacrificing her own children.  He prayed that whatever it was in her that allowed her to become addicted to drugs was not something that he carried within himself.  Because of that fear, he had stayed away from all recreational drugs of any kind.  When other kids in college were getting high, he went the other way.  He did have an occasional beer and sometimes drank hard liquor but even moderated that.

“Maybe Tucker and Kay learned something from this.  You will never know unless you give them a chance.  I know you have always wanted to know your biological father.  I remember you telling me how you wished he would rescue you. “

“I don’t need Tucker as my dad anymore.  I have Neil”.  There were no words to describe how much he loved and respected Neil.  He knew Neil loved him and would do anything for him.  He was in awe of that love and wanted to make him proud. 

“Of course not.  Neil will always be your father.  But Tucker could be your friend”. 

“I’ll think about it.  But I will be honest.  I don’t like how Tucker got with my mom and didn’t even know her name.  He can’t even remember her.  It’s just something about that.  It bothers me.  I would never treat a woman that way.”

“Boy, you’d better not ever forget my name” she said with mock attitude.

“I don’t know.  I might” he said.

“Don’t play with me Devon.  You’re not that cute.”

“Where are you right now” he said laughing.

“I am lying in bed.”

His eyes bucked. Then he closed them in an effort to bring up the image.  Unknowingly his voice dropped very low, “So what are you wearing.”

“Don’t start with that.  You’re such a freak”

“Come on.  I just wanted to know what you were wearing.”  He slumped low in his chair so that the desk concealed his lower body from view.

“I thought you were at the studio.  Not at home”. 

“I am at the studio.  It’s early in the morning.  My mom has already stopped by on her way to work and no one else is scheduled.  And I am horny as hell.  You have been gone a full week. “

“Okay” she said softly.

“Yes” he said to himself as he undid the button on his pants and unzipped them. “I’m waiting” he said.

“I am wearing that red lace bra and boy cut panty set. “ She paused then said “And nothing else”. 

“Are you serious” he choked as he felt his stomach muscles clench at the visual. He pulled his underwear down in the front to free himself.  He held himself in a tight grip while he used his thumb to lightly stroke the tip.

“Yes I am serious. So what are you going to do about it?”

“No baby.  I am sitting behind my desk holding myself in my hand.  It’s hard as brick.  The question is what are you going to do about that” he said arrogantly.

“What do you want me to do?”

“What do you want to do?” Roxy could be such a tease. She knew exactly what he wanted to hear.  She knew exactly what to say to get him off.  And when they were in the same city she knew exactly what to do as well.  She was so sexy.  All that soft beautiful brown skin would drive him mad one day he just knew it.  There was nothing better than being on top of her with one of her legs draped over his arm while his other hand was buried in her silky, thick, glorious black hair and his head buried in her fragrant neck as he moved in and out of her to his favorite rhythm.  Their rhythm.  It spoke of familiarity and love. He had almost lost her a while ago.  And he was not going to ever be that stupid again.

“Hhhmm. Maybe I’ll go for a ride or better yet I will take it into my mouth.  Do you want me to suck it baby?” “Oh shit” he thought.  If she kept this up he would be done in a few minutes.  “Yeah I think I will suck it.  I am getting on my knees.  Now I am rubbing my hand up and down your thighs.” He was breathing hard now.  Panting almost as he gripped himself harder and rubbed up and down trying to find the perfect rhythm.  “I am leaning down.  I stick my tongue out and lick the tip very slowly. Hhmmm.  Your leaking baby and it tastes good.” 

“Oh god” he said as he kept stroking himself. He felt his heartbeat pick up.

“I reach out and take it in my hand.  I bend down to take it fully in my mouth…isn’t your phone beeping”

“Huh” he asked confused.

“Your phone.  Don’t you have another call?”

“Oh yeah” he said as he continued to stroke himself. “That’s Abby.  She has called me like 10 times in the last 5 minutes.”

“What.  It might be important.  Don’t you think you should answer?”

“No.  I am almost there.  Come on baby”.

“What if it is an emergency?  What if something has happened to Tucker or something?”

“Fine but you better pick right back up where you left off…and I mean mid moan.”

He heard her laugh as he clicked over to the other line.

“Hey Abby” he said in a rougher tone than he meant.  He wasn’t angry just frustrated.

“Devon” she said crying.  “Are you busy? “

“Are you crying? What’s wrong?”

“I am at the hospital.  Ricky Williams collapsed and I had to help him.  I am here alone and I am really scared.  Can you come here?”

Devon cared about Abby.  She was one of his closest friends and his business partner. So hearing her cry on the other line killed his lust. “Okay Abby. I am on the way”.

He clicked back over to Roxy. “Sweety, we will have to finish this later. I have to go to the hospital.”

“Oh my gosh.  See I told you something was wrong”

“Yeah, I guess you are generally always right.” He laughed.

“What happened?  It’s not Tucker or Ashley is it?”

“No.  Ricky Williams collapsed and Abby was with him when it happened.  She sounded really shaken up.  She asked me to come.  She needs me.”

“Oh. Okay.” Devon could tell in Roxy’s voice that she was confused. He hoped that she wasn’t worried about him and Abby.  He would never cheat on her again.

“Call me in the morning when you get up okay Rox.  Gotta go. Bye”

“Bye”.

 

Location: The Office of Restless Style Magazine

Harmony sat her desk scheduling appointments for the different people that worked at Restless Style.  She had an appointment book for each person and was busy trying to fit people in at requested time.  She didn’t understand why the other assistant that worked there in the afternoons insisted on writing everything on sticky notes instead of using the appointment book.  She had suggested to Billy that they purchase software for scheduling.  But no, Billy insisted on mimicking the father knows best lifestyle.  Thusly, they were all stuck in some 50’s time warp and she was stuck with pen and paper. Maybe she should have accepted that job at McCall Unlimited.  But truth is told she didn’t trust herself around Tucker.  He was married now.  Besides, no way would she lower herself again and be just another warm body to him.

The phone rang and she answered it. “Restless Style, this is Harmony”.

“Hey Harmony, this is Neil”.

“Hey Neil, can I help you with something.  Billy’s not in yet though”

“I am calling to talk to you.  I have a proposition for you”

“Okay” she said slowly.  For the life of her she couldn’t think of any proposition Neil Winters would have for her.  They had become friendly recently but she was sure he still did not trust her very much.

“Well, I know that you work there but I was wondering if you were interested in possibly taking another job “he asked excitedly. “And it will have better pay” he threw in almost as an afterthought it seemed.

“Well I am looking for another gig.  This one is only part time.”

“This one is full time.”

“Tell me what it is first before I decide.”

“Well, I just purchased my own business and my cousin is going to be my right hand.  He needs someone to be his executive assistant.  Well to be honest, more like his personal assistant. But anyway.  He will be in tomorrow and he insisted that he has to have someone right now”.

She could only laugh at this.  He seemed like a very demanding person and she didn’t even know him yet. “He sounds demanding”.

“Well he can be a little overbearing sometimes” Neil said hesitantly.

Harmony smirked.  It must be a Winters male trait.  Even her biological son Devon, whom Neil had adopted, was arrogant and very overbearing.  Well, he did learn all he knew about being a man from Neil.  The Winters nurturing was strong indeed. 

“Harmony, I really want you to do this.  I need people around us that I can trust.  This company is the start of the legacy I want to leave my children.  I know Devon is into music but this is for him too.  And I know that you would do anything for him.  This is a family business and you are family.”  He had obviously taken her silence as indecision.  She really didn’t need to be convinced.  She cared for Neil and wanted to help him. Although she was embarrassed about her behavior the last time she was in town, Neil seemed to have gotten over it. 

“Okay, I will do it”

“Great. Great.  Harmony, I really appreciate this.  Okay.  His name is Christopher Winters”

She wrote down the information she needed on Chris so that she could contact him when she hang up the phone with Neil.

This was her second job offer today.  And for a similar position too.  Now she was glad she turned Tucker down.  She trusted Neil and knew he would do right by her.  He does right by everyone. Folks wanted to rag on him for what happened with Sophia like he wasn’t allowed to make any mistakes.  Harmony hated when some people were held to a higher standard than others.  Sophia could have easily said no herself.   But no one seems upset with her.  She didn’t have to sleep with Neil. On second thought, Neil was scrumptious.  Sophia didn’t stand a chance.

Location:  Spencer Publications in LA

Justin walked into the office of Bill Spencer Jr carrying a white envelope.

“Bill” he said with a grin.

“Justin.  What’s up my man?”

“I have a bit a news.”

“Ho Ho. A bit of news. The last time you had a bit of news it was that you and the little barracuda Logan wife were divorcing.  I still don’t know why.”

“Let’s not get into me and Donna.  And I won’t go into you, Katie, AND Steffy, who is married to your son Liam by the way. Still don’t get why you allowed that.”

“Okay, I see.  The divorce is still a touchy subject.” 

“Pst. Whatever.  On to my news”

“Yes, let’s hear this news”

“Do you remember my cousin Drucilla?  The one that died a few years ago?”

“Hell yeah.  She was so fine. And a model too.  She had those long legs and perfect honey colored skin. And you wouldn’t set me up.”

“I don’t want you dating my cousin. Neither of them. Besides, she was happily married Bill.”

“That’s another thing.  I can’t believe a woman like that would be married to that pole up his butt Neil Winters.  The guy has –

“Okay, okay.  You know who I am talking about.  Anyway, the guy with the pole up his butt has decided to branch out on his own.  And he wants me to be part owner and work there.”

“What?!”

“Yeah.  I told him yes.”

Bill just stared at him. “Damn Justin.  You know you are my only friend.  The only one I trust around here.”

“I know Bill.  But this is about legacy. You received yours from your father and will pass it to your son.  I want something to pass to my son”

“You know this would mean leaving Donna.”

“Why are you telling me that Bill?”

“Because you still want her”, Bill yelled loud enough for the people outside the door to hear.

“I do still want her but she has to want me too.”

“I have seen how she looks at you.  She wants you buddy.”

“Well obviously not enough. And no I will not explain that statement.  So here’s my resignation.  I will be leaving in a week or so”

“Okay. Well we will have to throw a going away party.  I can’t wait to see how Donna reacts when she gets the news.”

They both looked at each other.  Bill smiled and Justin raised his left eyebrow.

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited Offices

Tucker sat behind his desk listening to Chloe run down his appointments and meetings for the afternoon.  And he barely heard what she said.  She would give him a print out anyway.  He still couldn’t stop thinking about her.  “Why did he have to reward himself today of all days”, he thought. He had missed a very important meeting this morning with the owner of Bell Communications.  It was a part of his global strategy.  Currently, each company in his global empire had their own communications department.  Either it was in house or out sourced.  His plan was to purchase Bell and make it the communications supplier for all his companies and possibly allow other companies to use the services.  He wasn’t sure he wanted to do that yet.  He would need to see the numbers on whether it would be a financially sound decision.  There was a lot of competition in that area.  Some really big names too.  He wasn’t going to sweat missing the meeting too much though.   The possibility of sitting down across from her was well worth the risk of losing Bell.  He doubted that he would anyway.

“-I rescheduled the meeting with Bell for next week” he heard Chloe say.

“Next week?”

“Yeah.  When I cancelled this morning the owner wasn’t at liberty to make another appointment because he was already en route here.  I had to contact his secretary to do so.  I spoke with her the first thing when I got here but she said that the owner was swamped the rest of the week and would not be available until then. “

“It’s not a problem. Continue”.    As she did, he descended back into his thoughts about her.

He wondered if she thought about him at all.  He doubted it.  She seemed so oblivious to his attraction to her.  Nor did she seem to want him very much. Then he remembered the look in her eyes when he told her he liked the way she sad his name.  Maybe she does know.

“-one last thing.  Can you tell Ashley that I want her at Delia’s birthday party this weekend.  I went by her office when I was at Jabot this morning but she wasn’t in”. 

“Okay.  Sure I will tell her.  Now, is there anything special Delia wants for her birthday?  Because you know Uncle Tucker will supply it.”

“I’ll let you know.  Thanks”.

When Chloe left, Tucker thought about what she said.  He wondered where Ashley was this morning. She should have been at work.  At least her plan was to work on some formula she was cooking up.  He decided to give her a call.  It went straight to voicemail.

 

Location:  Neil Winters Apartment

Neil sat at his dining room table talking on the phone.

“Thank you again sir.  I promise to maintain your vision for your company.”

“I have confidence in you Neil.  Or I wouldn’t have sold it to you”, the former owner of Bell Communications said. “I know you will make me and my wife proud.  Truth be told, I didn’t want to sell to that other guy.  His outfit was too big to keep the family feel for my employees.”

“I totally understand that.  Do you mind telling me who that person was?”

“It was Tucker McCall.”  Neil’s eye narrowed at the name.  He was sure that Tucker wouldn’t take the loss of this company too bad.  Such a small firm couldn’t have been that big of a deal to him.  

“Did you tell him that you had sold already” Neil asked.

“Nope.  I’ll let you do the honor”

“Thanks again sir”

“No son. Thank you.”

Neil hung up the phone elated.  He couldn’t wait to tell Sophia about this news.  It all happened so fast that he hadn’t had time to tell her.  He was too busy making sure all his ducks were in a row and that he didn’t lose this opportunity. He decided that he would surprise Sophia with dinner tonight.  Maybe even a little dancing.  He picked up the phone to call Lily and see if she wanted to babysit.

His daughter Lily seemed to be doing better.  It was very sad at first when Cane died.  She was distraught and inconsolable.  But it had been almost a year now and she seemed ready to start living again.  With that thought he changed his mind about only taking out Sophia.  Tonight was about their family.  And he wanted them to have a family dinner.  He decided to rent out the private dining area at Colonnade Room.  He would also invite his nephew Nate, Nate’s mother Olivia, and Harmony.

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Abby sat in a chair looking at the entrance waiting for someone to show up and take the burden of responsibility from her.  Just when she thought she would suffocate under its’ weight, Ashley ran in.

“Mom. Mom.  Thank god.  I was beginning to worry about you too.  You just don’t know.  I was thinking you were going to die too”

“Die too? Oh my god.” She grabbed Abby’s shoulders and shook her vigorously. “Did Ricky die?” She asked as she shook her again for good measure. “Did he?” she screamed.

“I don’t know.  Nate said he wasn’t dead but then he wouldn’t tell me anything else.”

At the moment Paul came running in the hospital.

“Ashley” he said.

Ashley turned and launched herself into his arms raising her own around his neck and running her hands through the hair at the nape of his neck.  “Paul,” she said.  “Everything’s going to be okay”.

“I hope so.”

Abby noticed that his eyes were red.  Well at least she wasn’t the only person crying themselves into a frenzy.

“Let’s go to the nurse’s station and she what we can find out” Ashley said.

They all turned and walked to the nurse’s station.

“Excuse me sir.  My son was brought into the ER a little while ago.  His name is Ricky Williams.”

“Okay.  Dr. Winters has been waiting on you. I’ll get him now”

 

Location: The Office of Restless Style Magazine

Billy Abbot walked into the office of Restless Style still somewhat pissed about Chloe and the detective.

“Morning Billy”

“Good Morning doll face” he said to Harmony.  He couldn’t help himself those dimples were just too cute.

“I have some news”

“Is it Restless Style kind of news?”

“No.  Just personal stuff”

“So then it is Restless Style kind of news”.  Everyone knows that his magazine had turned into a total gossip rag.  People claimed they hated it but he still sold out every copy.

“Naw man.  I have a new job so I am resigning.  Right now. At this moment.”

“What.  What will we do without you.  You know “post it” girl can’t do the job alone.”

“You need to hire someone else”

“You have to give me at least two weeks.  Come on. Come on. You  know you can’t leave me high in dry like this. Look at this face.”  Most women couldn’t refuse him.  He knew that.

“You’re right Billy.  You took a chance on me when no one else would.  I will stay part time for the next two weeks and find you someone competent before my final date.  But I warn you.  I won’t be able to spend as much time here everyday”

“I’ll take what I can get” he said.  When she smiled he playfully grabbed her head with both his hands as he kissed her loudly on the cheek.

He laughed at himself because he knew he only did that so that he could feel those dimples. 

 

Location:  Roxy’s temporary apartment in Paris, France

Roxy lay in bed but couldn’t sleep.  Her phone call with Devon had gotten her aroused without any real way to calm her body down.  She had graduated from college with a BS is Fashion Merchandising and had recently completed her MBA.  She had worked for Forrester Creations in the past as a buyer and now she worked in marketing.  She was ready to take a step up to the executive level.  After she graduated from her undergraduate studies, Lauren Fenmore had offered her a job at Fenmore’s Department stores.  She had turned the job down because she wanted to see the world.  She was born in Genoa City and felt like it was time to leave.  Of course that meant leaving Devon but he had also opted to spend a lot of time in New York for his music.  She missed him so much at times and tonight was the worst it had ever been.  Maybe it was time to return to Genoa City full time.  She was ready to get married and have kids.  She wasn’t sure where Devon was on that subject as they hadn’t discussed a time table since they both were so focused on getting their careers off the ground.  She decided to call Lauren and see if she had a spot for her. She picked up the phone and dialed the number.

“Good morning. May I speak with Lauren Baldwin please.”

“Hold while I transfer you” the assistant said.

After a few minutes she heard that the line had been picked up.

“This is Lauren Baldwin”

“Lauren. Hello.  This is Roxanne Davis.”

“Hi Roxy.  How are you?  Are you tired of Paris yet “ Lauren asked jokingly.

“As a matter of fact.  Yes I am.  That’s why I am calling. I was wondering if you still had a job available for me.”

“Well yes I do sweetheart.  I tried to get you after you graduated but you just had to see the world.  I figured you would get tired of it and want to come home.   I have been waiting on this call.  I didn’t think I would get it so soon though.  Is everything okay?”

“Yeah.  It’s just that I miss my family and Devon so much.  More than I thought I would. I am just tired of being away from them.”

“Ah, I see” Lauren stated.

“You say that like you see more than I stated” Roxy said.

“You are at that age.  You want to be with Devon all the time.  You’re ready to settle down”. 

“Is it that obvious” Roxy said. She wondered if Devon could see that too.  She didn’t want to scare him if he wasn’t ready just yet.

“Only to us women.  We all go through it. Men.  Not so much.” Lauren said jokingly.

“Oh okay”.  Well there went part of Roxy’s hope that Devon was ready for what she wanted.

“So I tell you what Roxy.  Why don’t you tender your resignation and head on home.  I have an executive position as head of merchandising and marketing that I think would be perfect for you.  I will give HR a call and let them know that you will start in say 3 weeks?”

“Okay.  Sounds good”

“And I promise not to tell Devon that you are ready to get married.” Lauren laughed at her own joke.

Roxy rolled her eyes as she realized the sort of teasing that she would have to endure daily working at Fenmore’s.  She almost regretted letting Lauren know how she felt.

“Thanks Lauren”

“Bye sweety”

“Bye”

 

Location:  Lily Winters Ashby’s House

Lily Winters Ashby was a widow living alone with her twins, Charlie and Maddy Ashby.  Her husband had turned out to be the biggest liar alive and had been killed by his own family almost a year ago.  The family had imploded after his death as they began to kill each other off and set each other up with the authorities.  They were either all now dead or in prison for life.  She had loved Cane and was very saddened by his death.  However, her major regret was allowing herself to be made a fool of by him.  She was almost glad that her children would not have to live under such a dark cloud.  Cane’s death had made them safe.  And for that she had learned to be almost thankful that he was gone.  Almost. Because it still hurt.  Lately she had started to feel like she wanted to date again.  Possibly find a stepfather for the kids.  Someone to help her with them.  But at this point, she didn’t trust her own instincts.  Cane had taught her that no matter how smart a person thought they were, they could still be susceptible to being made a fool of by someone.  And she hated the thought.  She was Drucilla Barber Winters’ daughter.  And Drucilla had made a point of not raising any fools. A smile crept across Lily’s face at that thought.   Some days she really missed her mother.  Her father, Neil, tried all he could to be both mother and father to her. But sometimes you just needed a woman’s touch. 

Cane’s death was just a line of tragedies that had touched Lily’s life.  She had found out that Neil was not her biological father.  It didn’t matter to her but it was still very much a disappointment to know that Malcolm was really her father.  To this day she didn’t really know how she was conceived.  And didn’t really want to know.  Then she witnessed her mother’s fall over a cliff as she tumbled to her death right before her eyes.  That was one of the saddest days of her life. Then her best friend Colleen had died of a drowning death.  Lily was then diagnosed with cancer.  Her having the twins was a miracle. She had to have  a complete hysterectomy to survive and had used a surrogate for her babies. Now Cane.  She just couldn’t take anymore loss-

Her ringing phone interrupted her thought. She answered it to hear her father’s voice.

“Hey sweetheart”

“Hi dad”

“How are you?  How are the twins?”

“We’re all fine.”

“Good.  Do you have any plans for tonight?”

“Hhmm.  Let’s see.  Plans for tonight?  Yeah, I have to sail around the world-“

“Okay. Very funny. Anyways, I want to take the entire family out tonight to the Colonnade Room”

“Oh wow. That sounds like fun.  I need to call the baby sitter”

“Nope. Bring the twins.  We will bring Moses. I want everyone there.  I have a big announcement”.

“Oh lord” she thought.  When her father had big announcements it meant he was going to do something that he would later regret.  She knew he felt he had to marry Sophia.  To her father, duty and honor were always paramount.  The only thing that trumped duty and honor was his sense of family.  She also knew that that he loved Sophia.  But she wasn’t sure that her dad was in love with Sophia.  And certainly not the way Malcolm was.  But then, she didn’t think that Sophia was in love with her dad either.  She had seen her in love and this was not even close.

“Okay. We’ll be there.”

“Alright.  Kiss my grandkids for me”

“Okay. Bye.”

“Bye baby”

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited Offices

Sophia was in Tucker’s office discussing the feasibility of using Bell Communications as more than just the Communications department for McCall. 

“Tucker, you know that area is saturated as is.”

“True.  But I wonder how many more employees we will need to go public with it.  Right now we know we will save money by consolidating our departments for all companies with Bell.  But how much revenue can we generate if we use it and we continue their current business.  Let’s not even think about generating new business yet.”

“Well I will crunch some numbers”

As Tucker was about to ask when she would have those available, James Jacobs walked into his office with a severe scowl.  “What’s this I hear about you missing that meeting this morning with the owner of Bell.  You know he already wasn’t too keen on the idea of you buying it anyway.”

Sophia looked at him shocked “What.  You missed the meeting?  You know Bell was hand picked and was the only company we found that completely met our needs and one of the few that we looked at whose owner wanted to sell.  If we don’t get Bell, then it will set back out time table for globalization.  It will take us months to find another company and coax the owner to sell. We are burning lots of money daily allowing all the companies to work autonomously.”

“I know Sophia.  I am well aware of how McCall works and what is needed.” He raised his brows at her.

“Fine then.  I will just go crunch these numbers.  I’ll get back with you.”  She rolled her eyes at him as she walked out.

James was one of Tuckers oldest friends.  He wasn’t from his band manager days but he had still been at McCall a long time.  Older than Tucker, he was in his mid 60’s and was more astute now than he had ever been.  If Sophia was considered Tucker’s right hand then James was certainly his left.  More like his fist than a hand though.  He did not have a light touch in business. Or anything else for that matter.

“And,” he said expectantly. Only James, and Sophia, would think to question him this way.  Probably because they were more so family than employees.

“And what” Tucker asked.

“What the hell was so important that you missed this meeting?”

Tucker looked at him and wiggled his brows.

“You got to be kidding me? You missed a meeting to get layed.  Well, well. I thought you had settled down since you got married.  Thought you were done with all the women.”

“I wasn’t having sex with her.  But even if I were, what makes you think it wasn’t Ashley?”

“Ha,” scoffed.  “That girl was never your type. She is pretty.  Certainly that. And refined and dignified.  But she is nothing that would inspire you to blow off business”. Tucker furrowed his brow and opened his mouth in preparation to disagree but was cut off by James before he could speak. “Oh, please.  Don’t give me that look.  You and I both know that Ashley is too bland and boring for your tastes.  She is a likeable chit, but she has absolutely no fire.  And we all know that you like fire.”

“Okay so it wasn’t Ashley.”

“Let me guess.  It was your son’s mother.” Tucker wondered was he so easily read. 

“Why would you think it was her?”

“Because ever since you mentioned in passing, which was strange by the way, that she was back in town you have been very distracted.”

“Distracted?” Tucker questioned.  He knew he was distracted but he didn’t think anyone else had noticed. He also wondered if Ashley had picked up on it.

“Yes son.  Distracted.  You have missed more meetings in the past few weeks than you have in years.  Be honest with me.  Why did you miss the meeting?  What were you and the woman doing?”

“Talking.  I wanted her to have breakfast with me but she turned me down.” Tucker said sheepishly.

“Boy, are you telling me you cancelled the meeting with that owner on the possibility that the lady would have breakfast with you”

“That may have happened.”

“Let me give you some advice.  Sleep with this woman.  Get her out of your system so we can get back to business as usual”.

Tucker laughed heartily at that statement, then replied “It’s not that easy.”

“Since when has it been hard for you to get a woman in the sack?”

“Since she became the mother of my son.”

“I thought that would make it easier.  The shared bond and all.”

“I am married and I don’t want to hurt her.  Nor Devon.”

“That is a telling statement”

“Meaning?”

“I noticed you didn’t mention not wanting to hurt your wife.”

Tucker furrowed his brow once again and replied “That goes without saying.”

“Have you forgotten that I was married for 38 years?  And no, it does not go without saying. Tucker, get it together one way or the other. You know you have made a lot of enemies over the years.  And if you get sloppy then you will set yourself up to be had.  There are plenty lined up to do it.”

“I am aware.”

“Well my piece has been spoken.”

“That it has.”

“This Harmony must be something else.”

“I like her.”

“Then I am sure she is something special. More than a pretty face. I bet she’s got moxy.  I can’t wait to meet her.”

“I offered her the job as your assistant.”

“I see you think something needs to be done too then.” Tucker furrowed his brow once again. “Tucker, you use to be smoother than this.  By offering her the job you must have been setting her up to have your way with her”

“I WAS NOT” Tucker protested.  “I just wanted to help her out.  She has been through a lot and is trying to get her life together.  I just wanted to assist her in doing that”

“I’ll bet you want to assist her in doing something else too”

“Now that I won’t deny.  But wanting something and going after it to make it happen are two totally different things.”

“That’s true.”

“Thank you.”

“Well I will leave it alone.  I still want to meet her.”

“I am sure you will get the opportunity soon enough.”

“I bet I will too.” James said as he walked out the door.

 

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Paul stood with Ashley and Abby as Dr Nate Winters came out.

“Hey Paul. Ashley.”

“So Nate. What’s going on with Ricky.”

“To be honest. We really don’t know yet.  He has had a couple of seizures.  So now his body is in shock.  It’s a typical reaction to having many seizures.  His blood pressure is low.  We are trying to figure out what is causing these things to happen.  Paul, has he complained about feeling sick lately?”

“I don’t know.  We haven’t really spoken in a while.”

“Well I guess you also wouldn’t know what medications he has been taking either”

“No I don’t.  Sorry.”

“Okay. Well let me get back.  We are doing all we can to stabilize him.  Prevent more seizures and get his blood pressure up.”

Nate walked off.

Paul immediately turned to Ashley who hugged him tightly.  “Paul, we have to be strong. I know what you are thinking but this is not your fault.”

“What kind of father doesn’t know whether his son has been sick or is taking any prescribed medication.” He and Ricky were still on the outs about him helping to ruin his sister’s career.  He felt responsible for that too.  He had two kids and didn’t raise either one.  He knew Heather better now but he barely knew Ricky.  “Ashley, what if I lose him before I get a chance to know him?”

Ashley stroked his back as she whispered in his ear.  “That won’t happen.  Oh sweety, we have to think positively.”

“You’re right.”

“How about we go to Ricky’s to see if we can find any medication.  I will give the nurse our cell numbers”

“That’s a good idea” Paul said as he released Ashley from the tight hug he had held her in over the past few minutes”

“I am not staying here alone mom.”

“Abby” he heard over his shoulder.  Paul turned around to see Devon Winters walking up to them.

Abby ran towards him and almost knocked him down as she made impact in her effort to hug him. He caught his balance and hugged her back. “Oh my god.  Thank you for coming Devon. My mom and Paul have to leave to go look for something at Ricky’s and I didn’t want to stay here alone.”

“Of course I would come Abby.  You seemed so upset on the phone.” He turned to Paul, “How is Ricky?”

“We don’t really know.  They are still trying to stabilize him.  We need to go to his apartment.  Will you stay with Abby?”

“Of course I will.”  Devon turned to Abby, “Let’s go sit down in the waiting room.  Have you had anything to eat today?  Maybe we should-“

That was the last that Paul heard of the conversation as he and Ashley left the hospital.

 

 

 

Episode 3 by Diva58

 

Episode 3

 

 Time: Same day as previous episode, Evening

 

 

Location: Ricky Williams’ Apartment

Ashley, along with Paul, had searched Ricky’s apartment for any medication or doctor’s papers that would give them some inclination as to what was happening with Ricky. They had called the hospital to inquire about his progress while they frantically looked.  Of course Abby was not at all in control and Devon had to relay the messages. No surprises there.  Ashley loved her daughter but she was very spoiled and really could not be counted on.  She had thought that she was becoming more responsible after she had taken some of Ashley’s business meetings for Jabot during her honeymoon.  Obviously not.  Devon, on the other hand, was very dependable.  He had been raised by Neil who was one of Ashley’s good friends so it was expected.  She had dated Neil briefly before her marriage to Tucker but he ended things under the guise of wanting to concentrate on his children.  She wasn’t so sure she bought that but she went along with it because it had saved her from having to confess that she had cheated on him by sleeping with Tucker. 

 So far Ricky was stable and had not had any more seizures.  However, the blood work had showed that he was low on platelets and they were attempting to replace those.  He had been tested for meningitis.  The results had not come in yet.   She felt it time to give up looking here and head back to the hospital.

“Paul, I don’t think we will find anything.  Let’s just head back”

“I think you’re right”, he said on a sigh. “We have looked for hours and found nothing.  Maybe we should”

She could see the wary, haunted look in his eyes and wanted to take it away.  Paul was a really good man.  When they were together he was always attentive to her.  Even Neil was not as in tuned with her as he was because he was always running off to take care of his adult kids.  She tried not to resent it but sometimes it did bother her.  And Tucker, he is always so focused on business that he barely knows whether she was there or not. 

“Hey, hey” she said looking into his eyes as she cupped his cheek with one hand and pushed his hair out of his eye with the other. “Don’t blame yourself.”

“Tell me how not to” he said with a trembling smile.

“You are a good man and a good father.  I know better than anyone that you can’t control your children.  And you won’t ever know everything about them.”  She said with a quirked brow.

“Abby is a handful isn’t she” he said as he covered her hand on his cheek with her own.  He then placed his free arm around her waist and pulled her to his body.  “Thank you for being here for me.  I don’t know what I would do without your sanity around.  You are always rational.”

Ashley felt her heart flutter.  Not many people considered her rational or sane.  She sometimes had episodes where she was confused about certain things.  The idea that someone like Paul would consider her an asset to have around based on her having all her faculties was the ultimate compliment to her. ‘Thank you” she said as she continued to look into his sad eyes.

She felt herself getting aroused.  He was looking at her with such longing and desire.  It was the way he always looked at her if she thought about it. She raised on her toes and kissed him softly on the lips.  She told herself it was just for comfort but she knew it was more.

He pulled back and searched her face. “Ashley?” he questioned. “Is this a good idea?”

At this point she didn’t care whether it was a good idea or not. She closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss him but before she reached him she felt his lip meet hers.  He framed her face with his hands to keep her steady.  His kiss was hard and demanding.  She opened her mother and he plunged his tongue inside.  She always loved the feel of it.  It was rough and smooth all at the same time. He then took his hands from her face to place one on each butt cheek just at the curve to her thigh.  She tilted forward and it was all the encouragement he needed.  He lifted her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

He carried her to the bed.  Once there he lay her down and fell on top of her never breaking contact with her lips.  Never taking his tongue from her mouth. With Paul she had never had to guess about what she meant to him.  She could see it in his eyes and feel it in every kiss. He reached down to pull her dress up above her hips exposing her panties. 

He stopped kissing her to stare into her eyes.  He laid his fore head against hers, reached down between her legs and slid her panties to the side.  He slid one finger all the way into. She almost blushed from the knowledge that she was dripping wet.  She wondered what he thought until she saw him smile.   “Are you sure” he said.

“Does it feel like I am unsure Paul”. 

He then took his hand from her panties and freed himself from his pants and underwear.  He placed himself at her opening and pushed the tip inside.  She noticed his eyes harden right before they closed. “Ashley, I am going to ask you again” he said as he pulled out and pushed the tip back in.  “You know what this means to me.” He once again pulled out of her and slightly flexed his hips to push the tip back in. “And you know what I will expect when we finish and walk out this door.” He pulled out again.  Opened his eyes to stare into hers. “Are you sure?”

She knew clearly what Paul was practically demanding of her if she allowed them to continue.  She wanted him so bad at that moment she would have agreed to anything. “Yes Paul.  A thousand times.  Yes” she said breathlessly. She wrapped her legs around his waist and lifted her lower body off the bed to meet his first full thrust.

 

 

 

 Location:  Home of Bill Spencer Jr in LA

 

Katie Logan Spencer had arrived home early from work set up a surprise for her husband.  She was busy unpacking food that she had purchased to a romantic dinner when her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and smiled as she said “hi baby”.

“Hey beautiful” her husband Bill said. “Where are  you?”

“I am at home preparing a surprise for you.”

“Hm. That sounds promising” she could hear the smile in his voice.

“I hope so.”

“Well.  We have a party to plan. “
“What sort of party?”

“A going away party for Justin.  He’s moving to the end of nowhere to help with a family business.  We’ve got to do it big for my boy. Dollar Bill style.”  Katie’s heart dropped when she heard the news.

“Oh okay.”

“Alright. Let’s do it this weekend because he will be leaving very soon.”

“When did he make this decision?” She wondered if her sister Donna knew.  They had recently gotten a divorce to the surprise of everyone.  Neither Donna nor Justin had revealed the reason for their split.

“It happened today.”

“Okay. Well let me start the planning.”

“Sure thing.  I’ll be home early tonight since I know there is a private party waiting for me.”

“You’d better”

Katie hung up the phone and immediately called Donna.

“Hey Katie” she heard her sister say.

“Donna, have you spoken to Justin lately.”

“No I have not.” She heard the panic her sister was trying to mask. “Is he okay? Is Marcus okay”

“Oh no sweety, nothing like that. It’s just that Bill just told me that we were going to throw a going away party for Justin.  He’s moving.  Soon.  Like within the next couple of days.”

“What”.  Katie could hear the disappointment in Donna’s voice.  Donna and Justin had gotten married the early part of last year.  It appeared to be the completion of a beautiful love story.  They had dated in high school.  Justin had gotten a scholarship and left for college.  After he left, Donna refused his calls and never answered his letters. They had lost touch.  Well unbeknownst to everyone except their aunt, mother, and father, Donna had gotten pregnant and given birth to a son, Marcus, whom she gave up for adoption. A few years ago Marcus has sought Donna out.  And a year later, Justin had moved to LA and found his ex-girlfriend reunited with her son.  He was surprised to find them and disappointed that Donna hadn’t told him she was pregnant.  But he didn’t seem angry.  He still seemed so in love with Donna and was happy about Marcus.

“Yes. Moving.  I am telling you because I know what it feels like to be the last to know.  Now you know.  But Donna, I know you still love Justin.”

“Katie”, she said hesitantly.

“Well you do.  If you still want him? Do something.  Time is running out.”

“He may not want me”

“Ha.” She scoffed, “Donna, you don’t really believe that.”

“I don’t know what to believe anymore.”

“Tell me what happened between you too.”

“I can’t talk about this.  I have to go” Donna said on a choked sob.

“okay sweety.  Call me if you want to talk”.  She heard Donna hang up the phone.

Katie wished she knew what was keeping Donna and Justin apart.  But if Donna wasn’t willing to fight for her family then there was nothing she could do except plan a going away part.

 

 Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Harmony sat in her room thinking about her attire for tonight.  Although the day had started shaky with that confrontation with Tucker, it seemed to end well. 

 She had spoken with Chris Winters and gotten all the information she needed to book his flight, a chauffeured driven car, and a room at the GCAC.  They agreed that she should meet him at the airport so that she could escort him around until he was familiar with the city.  He said he needed her to be at his side whenever she could.  Because of that she knew she would need different clothes to look more professional.  She had gone to a consignment shop and bought quite a few things.  

Now she was about to meet Neil and the rest of his family to celebrate the purchase of Bell Communications. She was flattered that Neil had invited her. When things like this happened to her it made her daily struggle to stay clean and sober worth it.  This is what she was working for.

Her son had finally come around.  They weren’t completely reconciled but she had hope that it would happen.  Now, things would be perfect if only she could stay out of Tucker’s orbit. She often thought about Anna but she didn’t want to disrupt her life.  Tyra and been a good mother to her and Harmony did not want to come between them.  She decided to let Anna come to her of her own volition.

Looking in her closet, she decided on a gold dress she had bought earlier that day.  The sleeves were three quarter length with a low cut rounded bodice.  The bottom was pencil shaped and the hem stopped in the middle of her calf. She slipped on her black pumps and decided to carry her black clutch purse.  She applied light make up and fluffed her curls.  She felt good about her appearance.

 Now if only she could avoid Tucker.  Their little confrontation this morning served as her warning. She was weakening towards him. He hadn’t really changed much over the years. He was still gorgeous and funny. And she still felt such a strong pull towards him.  It really hurt her pride that she was the only one that felt it.  Well this time around she would not give in to it.  She would resist.  All she had to do was focus on doing the right thing every day.  She had her son and this new job opportunity to look forward too.  And if she continued to stay on the right track, maybe Anna would want to be a part of her life.

 Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Paul walked into the hospital hoping things had changed for Ricky. With Ashley at his side, he knew he could do anything.  He knew anything was possible with her. He noticed Abby and Devon still sitting in the waiting room. 

“Abby.  Devon.  Have you heard anything?”

“No. We haven’t.”

“Okay. Thanks for waiting.  We didn’t find anything. But you guys have been here all day.  Why don’t you go home and get some rest.”

“Are you sure?  I don’t mind staying” Devon said.  Paul had always thought Devon was a good kid. When he had first come to live with Dru and Neil, most people had written him off as a lost cause.  But Paul had known he was just distrustful and hurt.  Anyone who had gone through what Devon had would feel the same way.  If Neil and Dru hadn’t taken Devon in, he had been prepared to do so himself. 

“No go ahead.”

“Okay. I will call to check on you guys and see if you need anything. I’ll also take Abby home”.

“Okay.  Drive safe.” Ashley said as she hugged Abby. “She whispered in ear “I’m proud of you.”

 

 

 

 Location:  Neil Winters’ Apartment

Neil had spoken to every member of his family in town and everyone had agreed to come. He couldn’t wait to make his announcement.  He packed up Moses and headed out the door.  This was going to be a night to remember.

 

Location:  Spencer Publications in LA

Donna peeked into Justin’s office trying not to be noticed.  He was busy working as usual.  When they were married he oftentimes worked very late but she didn’t mind because she knew that he would be coming home to her.  He was so beautiful.  He was everything that she had ever wanted in a man.  Smart, sexy, gentlemanly, and attentive. He was perfect.  And he had wanted her.  In high, she couldn’t believe her luck when he singled her out for his attention.  She knew that he was shy so she took it upon herself to ask him out.  She knew he would say yes just as she knew he had wanted her.  He claimed to have forgiven her for lying about Marcus.  But she wasn’t buying that.  When they were married, he had made unreasonable demands.  It’s not like she didn’t want another baby. His baby.  She did.  But she was afraid that he would realize that he was still angry and walk away.  She would not subject a child to having parents that hated each other.  Well, she could never hate him no matter what he did.  She noticed him look up at her abruptly.  He obviously had felt her stare because she hadn’t made a sound.

“Donna”, he said surprised as he slowly stood up behind his desk.

“Hi Justin.”

She watched as he came around his desk headed in her direction.  “How have you been?” he asked as he continued walking towards her never dropping his eyes.

“Good. And you?” she said as he stopped in front of her and reached out his hand to pull her to his body.  Obviously he remembered the new boundaries of their relationship because he stopped before he touched her and lowered his hands. 

“I am great” he smiled but she noticed that it didn’t reach his eyes. He must be really upset about something if he is allowing that to show.

They stood silently staring into each other’s eyes. She felt like she was going to break down crying.  She had never loved a man the way she loved Justin.  He was her first everything.  “I shouldn’t have come” she said turning to leave.

 Before she could turn fully towards the door she felt a hand grip her bare arm. She looked down at his hand and back into his eyes.  The feel was electric. She wondered if he felt the same pull that she did. “No.  You came for a reason.  Tell me why you came.”

Her mouth was dry.  She didn’t think that she could speak.  She heard a foreign voice and realized it was coming from her. “Is it true?”

“Yes. I decided to leave town.”

 Oh my god she thought. He was leaving her.  Her husband was leaving her. “Why?”

“My cousin-in-law has offered me part ownership of a company. It’s time I seek that out.”

“I don’t disagree but…are you not happy here?” Justin had always been hard to read.  That is what made him so good at his job.  He had the best poker face of anyone she knew.

“Of course I am happy Donna. But this is about a legacy for my son and granddaughter.  I don’t want their only inheritance to come from Eric Forrester.”  She turned her face away as if she had been slapped.  In a way she had been. She knew it though.  He was still angry.  He threw that she allowed Eric to adopt Marcus in her face every chance he could get.  When Marcus had finally found her, she was married to Eric Forrester.  Eric had wanted to adopt Marcus to make them a family.  Right before the papers were signed, Justin had come to town.  He wanted to adoption stopped but she didn’t have the heart to tell Eric or Marcus no.

“I understand” She said aloud.  The divorce was obviously for the best then. At least it was already final.

“Do you?”

“Yes” she said fighting tears.  Or at least she thought she understood.  She turned and walked out as fast as she could. She wouldn’t look back because she didn’t want him to see the tears on her cheeks.  Part of her hoped he would chase her.  But this was Justin.  He had too much pride to do that. When the elevator closed and started to descend she realized that she was right.

 

 Location:  McCall Unlimited Offices

Sophia had finally finished that financial analysis that she had promised Tucker.  She knew that he didn’t expect it today but she enjoyed the work she did.  She didn’t have to rush home to be with Moses because he was with Neil, who was currently unemployed.  He had been talking about owning his own company for a while now.  She wondered if it was dreaming out loud or if he would really go for it.  She hoped so. He was too smart to toil away for someone else and never seeing any real return.  She knew he was jaded after working for Newman Enterprises so long and always being pushed aside for anyone named Newman when opportunities for growth had occurred.  But then he had gotten a chance at the top working for Chancellor Industries.  Things were going well and he didn’t have to worry about some family member wanting the spot either.  The only Chancellor that would possibly get the job was Phillip Chancellor IV.  But he had shunned the family business for what he considered his calling as a soldier in the US Army and then as a detective for the Genoa City Police Department. And then it came out that Tucker was Devon’s biological father and Katherine had known but didn’t tell anyone.  Since Neil was Neil and put his children above all else,  he resigned as a show of solidarity with Devon.  It was noble but it didn’t fulfill him.  She knew he was miserable sitting at home.  He felt a man’s job was to provide.  Although he would never hurt for money and didn’t really have to work anymore, he didn’t feel right not working.

“Tucker” she said as she walked into his office. “I have those numbers we discussed earlier.”

“Soph, I didn’t expect that today”.

“I know.  But I wanted to get it to you so you could see what we stand to lose”

“Are you still chastising me?”

“Yes.  What is going on with you lately?  Is it Devon?  If it is, I thought we discussed that –“

He held up his hand to silence her. “No, it’s not Devon.”

“Then what is it?”  She knew something was going on with him.  She wondered why he just wouldn’t tell her.

“It’s more like Devon’s mother” he said.

“Harmony.  What did she do? Did she ask you for some money? Did she steal from you?” Sophia remembered the story Neil had told her about the last time Harmony had come to town.  She was wondering whether she needed to have a talk with this Harmony woman.

Tucker laughed. “No, I tried to offer her money and she didn’t take it remember.  I also offered her a job and she didn’t take that either.  I am just intrigued by her and what makes her tick.”

“She is probably playing games with you. Trying to draw you in. I don’t trust her at all.” Sophia hoped that Tucker was not stupid enough to risk losing a woman like Ashley for a tryst or two with Harmony. He liked to indulge himself.  There wasn’t much of anything or anyone that he wanted that he didn’t get. 

“I don’t think so.”

“Listen to me. Forget about her and focus on your son.”

“mmm” he said noncommittally. “How about some dinner then”

“Oh I am meeting Neil at the private dining room at the Colonnade.”

“I’m impressed.  I see Neil is on his job.  Keeping you happy.” Sophia knew that Tucker was jealous of Neil and his position in Devon’s life.

She only smiled at the question because she didn’t know how to answer that.  Neil was very attentive to her needs. He was very respectful of her and her position as his wife.   But she was more content than happy.  She knew what it was like to be happy and in love and this was falling somewhat short.  She wondered where Malcolm was now. Probably in some exotic place never giving her a single thought.

“Alright.  I’ll drive you.  I am meeting James and his grandson there for dinner.  I had hoped that Ashley could join us but I haven’t been able to contact her”.

“Okay thanks.  I need to stop by my office on the way”

“Come on.  Let’s roll”. 

 

 Location:  Parking lot of the Colonnade Room

As she struggled to get the twin stroller out of the trunk of her car with a crying Maddy on her hip, Lily regretted not allowing her dad to pick her. “Why was this thing so bulky” she thought when she saw a hand reaching for it and a voice say “Let me help you”. Maddy immediately stopped crying, intrigued by the deep voice.

“thank you. Thank you” she said relieved.

As the nice man took out the stroller and opened it for her Lily noticed how handsome he was.  He had caramel colored skin, high cheek bones, and full lips.  He was tall.  “It was just something about tall men” she thought to herself.

“Here you go” he said as he sat the stroller upright. “Ready for transport”.

“Thanks again.  You do that very well.  Do you have any kids?”

“No.  But I have a little brother.  He is 4 now.”

“What’s with these old parents having babies.  I have a younger brother too.  He is about 2 months old now.  But the twins are mine”

“Twins? I only see one. ” He looked down and smiled at Maddy who smiled back.

“Charlie is such a guy.  He went to sleep on the way here and has not woken up yet.  He’s inside the car.”

“Charlie huh?  And what is the princess’s name?”

“Maddy.”

“Hi Maddy”.  Lily looked at him as he spoke to Maddy.  He was really good with kids. “I know the kids’ name but I don’t know their mom’s name?” Lily wondered whether he was flirting with her.

“Oh I am sorry.”  Lily placed Maddy in the stroller and extended her hand. “My name is Lily”. 

“Hi Lily. I’m Trevor”

“Thanks again Trevor. Well I better get inside before my dad comes out looking for me.”

“okay. Well I am headed that way.  Let me help you with your bags.”
“Bags” she asked confused. 

“You have twins.  I know that you must have at least one diaper bag”

Trevor was really very sociable. He seemed like the kind of guy who never met a stranger.  She knew that she should be more cautious.  Especially with Cane’s family still out there.   But he had such an honest face.  Who was she fooling.  He had a handsome face. She laughed inwardly. “Thanks.  It’s in the trunk.  I’ll just get Charlie out of the car.”

 

 

 Location:  Inside the private dining room at the Colonnade Room

Olivia sat at the table in the private dining room at the Colonnade Room with her son Nate and her brother in law Neil.  Well Neil was currently her ex brother in law since her sister Dru had died and he had remarried.  She had also been married to Neil’s brother Malcolm who had adopted her son Nate. They had arrived about the same time as he had.  He was currently waiting on everyone else to make his announcement and wouldn’t tell them anything until everyone arrived. 

She and Nate had worked the same shift at the hospital.  She was the current Chief of Staff and he was an attending physician.  She was so proud of Nate.  His biological father, Nathan Hasting, had been hit by a car when Nate was about 3 years old.  So, Malcolm was the only father he had ever really known.  Although he never said anything to anyone in the family because Malcolm was a touchy subject, she knew that Nate spoke to him every day. 

“I wonder what is taking Lily so long” Neil said.  “she called from the parking lot. That was 15 minutes ago”. He had always been a hovering father.  Lily having children of her own had not changed that.

“Lily has two babies to get out of the car.  That takes time” she informed Neil.

“Well if she is not in here in a few more minutes I am going to go outside to check on her” Nate said. 

Olivia smiled at them.  The Winters men, whether by nature or nurture, were very protective of the women in their lives. 

At that moment, Lily walked in pushing a stroller with a very tall and very attractive man walking behind her carrying the twins diaper bag.

Neil and Nate both stood then noticed the man.  Neil scowled as Nate smiled.  “Hey Trev”, Nate said reaching out his hand.  Trevor shook it and said “Nate, what’s up?” Lily looked from Nate to Trevor and said with slight confusion, “You two know each other?”

Nate glared at Trevor, pointed from one to other and said, “you two know each other?”

“We do now. We just met in the parking lot and he rescued me from an uncooperative stroller.”

“Oh okay.  Trevor and I went to college together.  We’re frat brothers actually.”

Lily looked at Trevor and said teasingly acting as if she was impressed, “Oh, a frat boy”.

Olivia notices this interaction between Lily and Trevor with quiet glee.  They all felt that it was time for Lily to move on. No one felt that the liar Cane was worth any mourning.

“Hey Aunt Liv” Lily said as she approached her. “Hey sweety” she said to Lily before she reached down to pick up Maddy from the stroller.  Lily bent down to pick up Charlie.

“Trev, this is my mom and my uncle Neil” Nate introduced.

“Nice to meet you” Olivia said as he smiled at her.  “Yes, this Trevor is very fine indeed” she thought.

Neil reached out his hand as Trevor took it in a firm and sure hand shake “Likewise” Neil said.

“Nice to meet you too sir”.  Olivia looked at Neil and could tell that he was impressed.

“So Trevor, what do you do here in Genoa City?” Neil asked.

“I am a police detective”.  She could tell by the look in Neil’s face he was disappointed.

“Police work huh?  That’s sort of a dangerous career choice isn’t it?” Neil asked.

“It could be for some, I suppose.  But I have an MBA and most of my work focuses on white collar crimes.  You know.  Things like fraud and money laundering.” Olivia could tell by the light in Neil’s eyes that his interest was piqued.  The young man had just moved up a notch or two on Neil’s suitability ladder.

“Well, I just wanted to deliver your precious cargo safely.  I am meeting my grandfather and his friend here. So I’d better go”.  Olivia noticed that Lily looked a little disappointed but she quickly masked it with a smile.

Everyone waved as he looked to Lily.

“Well thanks again.  From here on out you will be forever known as my knight”.  Lily said with a warm smile.

“My lady” he nodded his head and left.

Olivia walked towards the other side of the table headed to one of the high chairs made available for the twins.  Lily followed her.  When they were far enough away from Neil and Nate she said in a whisper “were you flirting with him?”

 Lily narrowed her eyes “I was not”.

“Well he was quite handsome and tall.  You should have.”  Lily just rolled her eyes as the buckled the twins in.

 

 Location:  Inside the private dining room at the Colonnade Room       

Sophia walked inside the private dining area with Tucker behind her.  He said that he just wanted to pay his respects to her family, but she knew he just wanted to see if he could talk to Devon for a few minutes.  She really felt bad for Tucker with the Devon situation.  Devon appeared to be on decent terms with Harmony but was still shunning Tucker. She had started so many times to plead Tucker’s case with Devon.  She didn’t think he was being fair at all.

“Hey all” Sophia said.

“Hey Momma” Neil said as her rose to meet her and kissed her softly on the lips.

Everyone then turned to stare at Tucker.

“Hello. Since I knew you all were back here I just wanted to come a pay my respects.  Enjoy your dinner” he said as he walked out.

Sophia looked at Neil and said “now what’s the news worthy of such fanfare”

“You’re just gonna have to wait to hear it.  We are missing two more people”

“Two more?” she said confused.  Looking around the only other person that wasn’t here was Devon.

“Yeah.  Devon and Harmony.”

“Harmony?” Lily and Sophia said in unison.

“Yes. Harmony.  This is a night for family and Harmony is family”

Sophia found herself getting angry.  How could Neil consider Harmony family but treat Tucker, someone that helped raise her, like a pariah?  So wanted to point out his double standards but she didn’t want to do it with an audience.  She would bide her time.

“How do you think Devon will take that?” Lily said

“Lily, you know better than anyone else in this world how much Devon loves Harmony.  His whole life he has prayed for her to get clean and live a whole life.  I think that she is sincere and is ready to do that.  I will give Harmony what I wanted others to give me when I as battling alcohol.  I will not hold her past against her and make her answer for it every day.” He looked around the table. “And you shouldn’t either. It is hard enough for her as is without that.  Besides, I think our taking this approach will help push Devon on to totally being free of that demon.”

“Well what about Tucker?” Sophia said. She just couldn’t take it any longer. These people were so ready to forgive Harmony but hadn’t given Tucker a thought.

“Sophia. That is not remotely the same thing” Olivia said.

“Why not?  Harmony is his mother but Tucker is his father.”  She said before she realized the implications.

“I am Devon’s father. I will always be Devon’s father.  The only one that he has ever known or had” Neil said slowly and calmly to Sophia. 

Sophia looked down at her empty plate.  How could she possibly argue with that logic?  She still didn’t think it right but Neil was the only father Devon had ever had but he did know Harmony as his mother all his life even if he did also have Dru. Once again, she decided to table the discussion for another time.

 

 Location:   Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Ashley sat in the waiting room holding Paul’s hand.  She had checked her voicemail earlier and realized that she had missed a call from Tucker. She was so confused. She knew that being with Paul this afternoon had created a bond between the two that she didn’t want broken.  But could she really divorce Tucker.  She wanted Paul and she knew Paul wanted her.  Paul hadn’t made anymore demands since the one’s he made before he made love her.  He hadn’t even brought the subject of them up.  She didn’t know whether it was because he was worried or whether he felt that there was nothing else to say on the subject.

Rickey had stabilized and she had been trying to convince Paul to let her take him home to get some rest and some food but he had refused.  She was about to try again when she heard her phone ring.  She picked it up and looked at the caller ID.  It was Tucker.  She didn’t want to talk to him right now so she slipped it back in her purse unanswered.  She couldn’t leave Paul and she didn’t feel like explaining to Tucker why she wouldn’t.  She wasn’t even sure he would request an explanation.  He stopped asking for those a few months after they started dating.  She was beginning to think he just wasn’t the jealous type.

“Paul” she said. “let’s go home. He’s stable. You need something to eat and some rest or you won’t do him any good tomorrow”

“You’re right. But I want to wait until at least 12 to see if his condition changes. You can go. You don’t have to stay.”

She couldn’t tell whether he was serious or testing her either way her answer was the same.  “You silly boy. I’m not leaving you hear alone” she said before she leaned in to kiss him softly on the lips.

 

 Location:   General dining area at the Colonnade Room

Tucker sat with his friend James and James’ grandson Trevor. He made sure he was facing the door because he expected Devon to come in at any time.  But it wasn’t Devon that came in, it was her.  “Damn” he thought.  Just when he had managed to not think about Harmony for 20 minutes at a time, she shows up and resets his clock.  She looked radiant.  She wore a gold dress that fit her perfectly.  She hadn’t noticed him yet because she had dropped her keys and was looking at the maître d as he picked them up and handed them to her.  Tucker noticed that their fingers touched.  He was a little envious. Why did it seem that everyone but him got to touch that smooth skin? He didn’t care whether it was casual.  All that mattered is that people were touching her all the time and he had not done so once.  Well obviously he had since they shared a child but he didn’t remember that.  When she smiled her thank you at the man, his heart skipped a beat.

“Well, we have a fine one there” said James gesturing towards Harmony with his head.

“No. I have a fine one there.  That is my son’s mother.” Tucker said rising to meet her.

He stared at her as he approached.  She finally saw him and he noticed that her eyes rounded when she did so. She stopped and waited for him to make the finals steps to stand in front of her.

“Tucker”

“So I am Tucker now.  This morning I was Mick.”

 She smiled.  “Triumph” he thought.

“Well your name changes depending on the time of day and my mood.”

“I see. So are you here alone?  Would you like to join us?
“Us?” she asked.  Hope sprang up when she didn’t automatically say no like she did when he had offered to share breakfast with her this morning.

“Yes” he gestured towards the table. “I am with a friend and his grandson?”

“I’m sorry.  I can’t. I am meeting Neil in the private dining room”.  He tried his best not to let it show on his face,   but Tucker’s blood boiled.  So Harmony was invited to a family dinner but he was not.  That didn’t bother him so much.  But what had him seething with veiled anger was that she accepted the invitation because she considered Neil as family.  But she wouldn’t even have breakfast with him. 

“I see”.  He wondered if he looked as angry as he felt.  He could tell by the look in her eyes that she knew something was amiss.

“But if not for that I would have loved to join you” she said in her best placating voice followed by a smile.   So she was aware of his feelings.  He found that interesting.  Not many people could read him.  Ashley surely had never learned to do so or had never tried.

Her making the effort to assuage his hurt feelings softened him.

“Oh really” he said. Noticing the skin exposed by the neckline of her dress.  Her collar bones looked so delicate.   “Well how about lunch tomorrow?”

“Oh I’m sorry.  I can’t” she responded.

“Can’t or won’t” he asked softly.

“Can’t.  I have a previous engagement”. 

He wondered if this previous engagement was a date.  Date or not the end result was the same.  This person was just someone else to possibly touch her.  Someone else other than him to know what her skin felt like beneath their fingers.  He deserved to know what her skin felt like. 

“A previous engagement?” he asked in a raspy voice as he reached his hand out to touch her.  With his hand flat, he used the pads of his middle and index finger to touch her shoulder covered with the golden material of her dress.  He lightly and slowly slid it along her collarbone.  He watched his fingers as they moved from the material of the dress until they touched her uncovered skin.  It was even softer than he imagined.

He was losing his grip. He knew that the restaurant was full of people.  But he ceased hearing them when he decided to reward himself with the feel of her skin.  He wondered if she felt as out of control has he did? He looked into her eyes for a reaction. She closed them.  He didn’t know whether she did it to hide her reaction or whether it was involuntary.  He looked back at his fingers as they continued along the bone to the end and settled between them at the base of her neck. He pressed lightly into her neck and could feel her pulse race under his fingers. He was shocked to find that it beat to the same rhythm as his own.  Looking at the contrast in their skin tones was erotic.  His arousal was getting to the point past caring about consequences. He knew that Harmony was aroused too.  Powerfully so because he thought he could smell it.

“A previous engagement?” he asked again.  He noticed her lips trembling. “Is it a date?” he asked in a harsher tone.

 The thought of Harmony on a date with another man had Tucker’s mind racing to come up with some way to stop it.  He didn’t want her going out with anyone.  His knowledge of women made him wise enough not to voice it though.  

She opened her eyes as he slowly lifted his fingers to touch her lips.

“Tucker” she said. “It’s –“

“Tucker? Mom?” He heard before he could make contact. It took some effort but he looked away from her lips to see his son glaring at him. He lowered his hand to his side.

He saw Harmony smile guiltily as she looked towards Devon, “Hi baby.”

 “Devon” Tucker said.  “How are you?”

 “Fine” Devon said to Tucker.  Then he looked towards his mother. “Mom, I am sure everyone is waiting on us.”

“I am sure you’re right” Harmony said.  He held out his arm and she slipped her hand through.

“By the way Tucker, your wife is at the hospital with her friend whose son is in intensive care.  Shouldn’t you be with her?” Devon said as they walked off.

So it was safe to assume that Devon had felt the sexual tension between himself and Harmony. He was sure that everyone in the restaurant had felt it.  It wasn’t his intention to put on a show. He just had forgotten himself. He wasn’t a total bastard. He did feel some guilt about it.  He didn’t want to embarrass Ashley nor shame Harmony.  But he would do it all over again if it meant that he could feel Harmony’s beautiful skin.  Now that he knew what it felt like to touch her skin, he wanted to taste it.

As he walked backed towards his table, he decided that he should go check on Ashley and her friend at the hospital.  Regardless of how much he wished otherwise at the moment, he was still Ashley’s husband.  At least he now knew where she had been all day. 

 

 Location:   Inside the private dining room at the Colonnade Room

Nate sat to the right of Neil waiting for this announcement.  He could tell that his uncle was excited by the smile he had been wearing all night.  He couldn’t concentrate himself as he had Ricky Williams in the ER.  Nate had no clue what was going on with Ricky.  And he felt a special responsibility for this patient since his biological father and Ricky’s father had been best friends.  He didn’t know Ricky very well but he knew Paul. Paul had been to as many events of Nate’s life as his uncle Neil.  He came to all birthdays, graduations, and many of his football games.  He wanted to make sure that Paul did not lose his son. He was deep in thought trying to come up with a diagnosis when his he saw his uncle stand up.

“Today is a big day for our family.  I have spent years working for others. No matter how hard I worked, I always knew that I would be pushed aside for someone with the right last name.  A name that wasn’t Winters. But from this day forward, Winters is the right name.  Winters is the name.  Because it is no longer just the name of someone who works for someone else.  It is the name of someone who people work for.  Yes, this morning my dream came true.  The Winters will leave a legacy for our children.”  He turned to Devon and said “For Devon, my first born son, who has music in his blood” he looked towards Harmony and raised his glass in salute. “For Lily, my beautiful daughter” He looked at Lily then at Nate “And Nathan, my nephew who has chosen medicine. For Maddy, Charlie, and Moses.   Today I purchased Bell Communication. I plan to make it even more success that it already is”

Olivia stood, walked to Neil, and hugged him tightly. “I am so proud of you. I know how much this means to you”

As everyone else clapped and congratulated Neil.  Nate noticed that Sophia had not moved.  Nor did she seem happy.  He saw Neil look in her direction waiting for a response.

“Neil” she said, “Tucker already had a deal with the owner to purchase Bell.  It was a big part of our long term strategy for McCall.  I wish you had said something about your plans this morning.  That way I could have told you so that you could look for another company.”

“I don’t care about McCall Unlimited’s strategy. This is about my family.”

“Well Tucker is my family too”

“Sophia, I know you love Tucker.  But I see you in the same position at McCall that I was in at Newman.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” she said with an angry look. Nate knew that look.   Sophia was ready to go off.  This family dinner was getting entertaining. 

“It means that you have been loyal to Tucker all your life.  And when he was in his coma.  What did he do? Hhmm.  What did he do?  He listed Katherine Chancellor, a woman he hated, as his power of attorney.  You and your father were probably the closest to real family that Tucker has ever had. But he overlooked you.  Now I know you love Tucker like family.  But he does not feel the same way about you that you do about him.  He does not give you the same loyalty. I understand how you feel.  I know better than anyone that blood does not make a family.  But Tucker obviously thinks differently.  He does not have the same values as you.  The sooner you realize this, the better off you will be, “Neil finished with steely eyes and a deceptively low tone.

Nate noticed that when he finished, everyone was staring at Sophia.  He almost felt sorry for her but he couldn’t.  This was the same woman who had made a fool of his father.  She had cheated on him and forced him out of town.  He didn’t hold a grudge against her or anything but it made it hard for him to have any sympathy for her.

Sophia stood up and collected her things. “It’s nice to know that you think I am a fool Neil.”

“I don’t think that you are a fool.  I just think that you have misplaced loyalties.”


“If you think I will abandon Tucker, you are sadly mistaken” she said.  “He is the closest thing I have to a father. That will never change”

“I don’t think it should change.  I just think you need to understand your place there.” Nate knew that was a bad choice of words.  His uncle had a tendency to say whatever he meant without considering the consequences.  If he were talking to Nate’s aunt Drucilla, that statement would have earned him a slap.

“My place? I will show you my place” she said as she picked up Moses in his car seat, grabbed his diaper bag, and walked out.

 

 Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Tucker walked into the emergency room.   He didn’t see Ashley so he thought to look in the waiting area.  Oddly, there weren’t many people there so it took him a split second to locate the couple in the corner.  They were asleep. The man was sitting in a chair with a woman curled into his lap.  Her head was resting on his chest with her hands around his neck.  One of the man’s arms was around the woman’s waist securing the blanket that covered them both.  His other hand was buried intimately in her long blonde hair. Tucker knew lovers when he saw them.  And these two were obviously lovers in every sense of the word. He didn’t want to disturb their rest so he turned to leave the hospital.

He was an open minded man. Tucker understood better than anyone that monogamy was a difficult state.   Over the past few weeks, his neck had become chafed raw from it. It was nice to know when the rules of the game changed. And from the look of his wife on Paul’s lap, they obviously had.

 

 

 

Episode 4 by Diva58

 

Episode 4 

Time: Next day, Mid morning

 Location:  Neil Winters’ Apartment

Neil was dressed in his favorite black suit and power tie.  Today was his first official day as CEO and owner of Bell Communications. It took everything in him to remain professional and not show too much excitement.  Everyone knew first impressions were lasting impressions.  He could not afford to appear new to his title of owner.  Part of being CEO is looking like you belong in your position.  He wanted his employees to trust his abilities.  Power, he had discovered, is all about carriage.  And sitting at the right hand of Victor Newman all those years allowed him to learn from the master.

He dialed Harmony to make sure that Chris’ flight was on time.   He was counting on her to ensure that his President was at their first all hands meeting with their employees. 

“Harmony”

“Hi Neil”

“Where are you?  Are things going according to schedule?”

“Yes, I am sitting in the backseat of the car waiting for the driver to locate Chris in the airport. We are right on time.  I expect us to arrive at the office about an hour before the meeting” Harmony said.

“Alright.  Alright.  That’s what I want to hear.  I really appreciate you doing this. “

“It’s no problem.  I just hope everything is okay with Sophia.”

“She didn’t come home last night.  I called her but she never answered.”

“You should just give her some time.  She was blindsided last night. She had no clue that she would have been asked to choose between you and Tucker.”

“I wasn’t asking her to choose between me and Tucker” Neil scoffed.  “And that shouldn’t even be a choice.  I am her husband.”

“And Tucker, in her mind, is her father.  Imagine if Lily had a man who wanted her to choose between you too.”

“mmmm.  I am sure she will be home soon.  She has Moses to think about. Yeah. So see you soon.”

“Bye” she said with a dry tone.

Neil had heard Harmony.  He would try to be more understanding of Sophia and the position she was in.  But as far as he was concerned, Tucker had told Sophia what he thought about her in his living will.

As Neil picked up his coat to leave the front door opened.  Sophia walked in carrying Moses in his car seat.  They stared at each other.  Both waiting for the other to apologize.

“I am glad that you are back.  I missed you last night” Neil said.

He could see Sophia physically exhaled like she had been holding her breath. “I missed you too Neil,” she said.

“Good.” He walked up to her and kissed her on the lips. 

“You like nice.  Where are you headed” she asked as she sat the baby carrier down.

“We have our first all hands meeting this morning to announce the change of guard”

“Oh”, she said as she rolled her eyes watching Neil squat down to take Moses out of his carrier. 

“Are you still upset about this.”

“Yes Neil. I am. I am your wife and I had no idea that you were going to do this.  I feel like if you had told me I might have eliminated the issues we will have at McCall because of it.”

“Sweety.  In business.  You keep certain things close to your vest until they are a done deal. Some things are on a need to know basis.”

“I know that Neil.  But as your wife you didn’t think that I deserved to know.”

“Things happened so fast that I didn’t even think about it.  If it makes it any better, the former owner did not want to sell to McCall. He thought that the company was too big and he didn’t like Tucker’s image.”

“What do you mean, he doesn’t like Tucker’s image?”

“The guy was a family man and Tucker is not.”

“Tucker is married to Ashley now.  And if you are talking about Devon. Whose fault is that?”

‘It’s Tucker’s fault.  He was a womanizer that slept with so many women he didn’t know where to start looking for Devon.  In my opinion he let both Devon and Harmony down.  I won’t let that happen again.  I will make sure that they both are taken care of.”

“And how do you plan on doing that?” she spat out.

“Harmony was my first official hire.  She is the personal assistant to the President. My cousin Chris by the way.  He is due in town right now.”

“I see.”

“Okay. Well I have to get going.  I’ll see you later” he said as he laid Moses in her arms, kissed her on the cheek, and walked out the door.

 

Location: Genoa City Airport

Christopher Winters located his luggage and walked toward the man holding the sign with his name.  He had to admit that he was excited about this new venture.  He and Neil side by side making things happen.

“I’m Chris he said.”

“Chris, my name is Tom and I will be your personal driver.  The car is waiting outside.  Let me help you with your luggage” the driver said as he took charge of pushing the trolley.

He had decided to pack his essential clothes to bring with him.  His other belongings were being packed and shipped by a moving company.  He wasn’t sure about the weather here yet so he might need to go shopping.  He could tell just by standing in the airport that Wisconsin had a totally different climate than Florida.

He watched the driver open the door for him to get in.  As he looked down he noticed a beautiful pair of brown legs.  His eyes traveled from them over the woman’s body to her face as he sat inside the car.  She was very pretty.  He saw her reach out her hand and say, “Hello, I’m Harmony”.

“Chris.” He said as he shook her hand.  “Nice to meet you Harmony.  I hope you are up for the challenge. I can be quite demanding”.  

She gave a soft laugh in response and he saw the deepest dimples he had ever seen. “My goodness.  What was Neil thinking putting me in the way of such temptation” he said aloud. So this was Devon’s biological mother.  Now he knew his cousin was somewhat stuck up, but who would turn down this woman if she offered herself up for a feast.  He knew one thing, she had better never “drop trou” in front of him the way she had done Neil a few years back.  He would have his fill and ask questions later. 

She laughed even louder. “You’ll survive and rise above it, I’m sure” she said as she looked him boldly in the eye.

“Beauty and wit. That is a deadly combination.”  He knew exactly why someone like Tucker McCall would want Harmony.  She wasn’t simpering or weak.  It made him curious as to why she would turn to drugs.  But that was a discussion for another day.  Today was business.

“Very. So watch your step” She said. He liked her already.

“I’ll do that.  But even if I forget, I am sure that Neil and his precious baby boy will do it for me”.  She only nodded in response. “Now tell me Dimples.  What is on the agenda for today.”

She began the rundown the day.

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Dr. Nathan Winters sat in the medical library stumped at what was causing Ricky’s condition.  Right now they were treating his symptoms but didn’t know how to cure him.  When he started his shift this morning he had noticed Ashley McCall curled up in Paul’s lap in the waiting room.  They looked very intimate.  He wondered if they were seeing each other. As far as he knew, Ashley was still married to Tucker and they hadn’t separated.

Ricky’s symptoms had become more pronounced. Although he hadn’t had any more seizures, he had a high fever, jaundice, and bruised skin

He had found a rare disease that he thought might be a diagnosis.  He needed to send more test to the lab. Nate was almost 100% sure that Ricky had developed TTP.  The fatality rate was at 80%.  He needed to start treatment right away.

 

Location:  The office of Restless Style

Phyllis Newman sat on the couch waiting on Billy Abbot to make his appearance.  She had been fired by him when he bought the magazine from her ex husband Nick Newman a month or so ago.  But she wanted her job back. There might be many things she regretted in her life and many things she screwed up, but one thing was for sure.  She was good at being editor of Restless Style.  Damn good.  So she was here.  Ready to plead her case. 

She looked up as she heard a brash voice say, “look alive people.  What we got today.  What we got.  This is a gossip rag.  It needs gossip to survive.”

He noticed her and narrowed his eyes. “What are you doing here Phyllis, I could have sworn I fired you” He said.

“You did but I have some dirt and you need dirt. “

“Not from you” he said as he grabbed her arm and began to hall her to the elevator. “Security” he yelled.

“He knew damn well there was no security here” she thought. If ever she got her hands close enough to his neck, he’d be a dead man.  All this attitude because she dared to want to raise her grandchild herself.  Billy didn’t deserve Lucy after he bought her on the black market like he was at the co-op purchasing a 50 pound heifer.  He could just spare her his indignation.  “But it’s good gossip.  Hear me out” she said out loud.

“okay what is it”

“Now you know I have informants in every restaurant in this city.  Come on.  You just never know.  You know.  You just never know.  But anyway, one was at the Colonnade room last night and there was plenty to see and here.”

“Just get to the point Phyllis.”

“Okay well.”  “Harmony” She raised her hands to do air quotes. “And Tucker were very intimate in the common dining room.  Word is that the chemistry was so electric that folks thought that he would throw her on the bar and have his way with her.  He was very touchy feely.  Then Devon showed up and whisked her away.   He was not happy to see them together”

“Hhhmm that’s interesting.  What else?” Billy said as he rubbed his jaw.  Tucker better not be cheating on his sister.

“Apparently, they were all there because the Winters had a family dinner where Neil announced that he bought some company that McCall had planned to buy.  Sophia, Neil’s wife, was livid.  She stormed out.  There is some bad blood boiling there.  Let me run it down for you.  I think this will be juicy.”

“I tell you what.  If you can bring me a story worth reporting.  I will let you report it. But nothing about the personal relationships between Tucker and Harmony.  Ashley is my sister in case you have forgotten and Harmony still works here if only part time, in case you didn’t know.”

 

Location:  Office of McCall Unlimited

Tucker sat in his office reading the financial analysis on Bell Communications that Sophia had prepared yesterday.  He thought that the numbers were good enough to provide services to outside companies.  He wouldn’t have to increase his head count that much to make it happen either.  Sophia was still a little upset that he had missed the meeting.  He would do it all over again just for the opportunity to share a meal with Harmony.  He felt the same way today that he did yesterday. Probably more so now that he knew about Ashley and Paul.  He was a modern man.  Both he and Ashley could see other people.

He wondered what Harmony would think of that.  Would she be willing to see him knowing he was married to Ashley?  He doubted it.  From the way she handled her pregnancy with Devon, she had too much pride to be any man’s mistress.  And even if she did agree, he knew that his son would balk at it.  Devon  seemed disgusted with him last night.  And all he had done was touch Harmony.  He could only guess at his reaction if he actually slept with her.  He had to remind himself that Devon had been raised by Neil.  His sense of right and wrong was a carbon copy of the “righteous one”. No. He would not pursue Harmony.  No matter how much her body called out to him.  He would be a good boy.  But that didn’t mean that they couldn’t be friends.

He had woken up this morning  to find that Ashley had not come home.  He called her but she didn’t answer.  He guessed she was somewhere wrapped in the arms of her lover.  It would have been nice to get a courtesy call to keep him from worrying though.  He looked up as he heard footsteps.

“Soph.  Good morning”

“Tucker, we have a problem” she said. “Bell Communications is no longer on the market”

“Now where’d you here a thing like that. I was under the impression that the owner-“

“Bell has new owners now.”

“What.   Who? I am sure we could convince them to sell”

“I doubt it.  It’s Neil and his cousins”

“Neil?”

“Yes, Neil. And if you had heard him talking about family and legacy last night, you would know that there is no chance in hell he would sell it.”

“Soph.  Everything is for sell.  You just gotta find the right price.  Neil has always seemed a reasonable man”

“Reasonable? Neil?”

“Well we’ll see.”

 

Location:  Office of Bell Communications

“Should we change the name,” Neil asked his cousin Chris as he looked out the window in his penthouse office in the Bell Communications building.

“I don’t think so. Right now, we need stability to maintain our customer base. Bell is a recognizable name and we want to instill confidence in our customers.  Let’s keep it for now.”

“I agree.  I think that the all hands went well.  I have one issue though.”

“What’s that” Chris asked.

“ I am not comfortable with our System Architect living all the way in LA.  I think I want him in house so that we can keep a closer eye on him.  Right now, we have no real clue what he is working on.  I would hate for him to have some advancement in technology and sell it to someone else because we don’t have it here.  Granted, we own it.  But possession is 9/10ths of the law.”

“I agree.  By the time we finish that battle in court, technology would have caught up and surpassed us.”  Chris looked towards Harmony. “Dimples, can you set up a teleconference with me and the guy this afternoon.  I want to tell him the good news.  He’s moving.”

Neil narrowed his eyes at the nickname.  He would have to remind Chris that Harmony was Devon’s mother and as such was off limits. 

“Okay,” harmony said.

“Can you also notify the media that there will be a press conference in lobby at 12 with the new owners.”

“Okay.  Anything else?” she asked. 

“That’s it. Thanks.”

She stood and left.  Neil was impressed with Harmony. She was very competent and good at her job.  Chris had no complaints.  He hoped that was because he appreciated Harmony’s work ethic and not because she had beautiful legs.  From the way Chris watched her walk out, he had a sinking feeling it was the latter. “Chris” he yelled.

“Cous.”

“Let me remind you that Harmony is Devon’s mother. She has just gotten her life on track and wants to focus on Devon and her sobriety.  Don’t mess it up for her. I want my son happy. And her having a relapse would devastate him” Neil said.

“Well damn. You had to bring Precious into it.”  Precious was Chris’ nickname for Devon. The way Neil and Dru had hovered and cooed over Devon at his adoption, one would have thought he was a new born baby.  Thusly, Precious was short for Precious Baby Boy.  Truth be told, he loved Devon just as much and had done his fair share of cooing as well.  He was ecstatic that Devon was now using the name Winters.  Since Chris had no children of his own, Devon and Lily were his by surrogate.  His sister Eve had chosen Nate as her favorite.

“To hit the point home” Neil said.

“Well you had me at hello” Chris said sarcastically. “Fine. Harmony is off limits.  But I can look though certainly.  I have caught you doing your fair share.”

“I can still appreciate a fine woman when I see one” said Neil sheepishly.

“I just want to know how you walked away from all that when she offered herself to you way back when”

“Three words: Dru. Was. Crazy” Neil said, pausing after each word.

Chris laughed out loud and said “She was always too much woman for you. Had you whipped”. 

“Hater”

“So will the kids be at the press conference as planned?” Chris asked.

“Yes. Everyone.  They understand the image we want to project.”

“So how do you think McCall will take the news that we now own Bell” Chris said.

“If Sophia’s reaction is any indication, he will take it hard” Neil said as he smiled at his cousin.  He couldn’t help himself.  Part of him relished winning out over Tucker.  

 

Time: Same day, Lunch time

 

Location:  McCall Residence

Ashley was in her bedroom and had just finished packing her last bag when she heard her husband’s voice behind say “Going somewhere?”

She had hoped to skip this entire scene but now that it was upon her she couldn’t help thinking it was for the best.  She wasn’t a coward. Tucker had been a loyal husband to her  by putting up with Abby.  So he deserved to hear this from her mouth and not her attorney, Michael Baldwin.

“Tucker,” she began.  “I think we should divorce.”

“Divorce? Isn’t this kind of sudden?” He said blandly. 

“No.  Not really.  I haven’t been happy with how things are between us in a while now.”

“Well you never voiced your concerns to me.  You have packed your bags and I still do not know what they are” Tucker stated. 

“I just feel that something is missing you know.  I sometimes wonder why you married me?  It’s like I am just there. Like the couch.  You rarely notice me unless I force you too” She stated.

“So you feel neglected” he said.  She wondered how to answer that question.  It wasn’t so much as neglect as it was uninspiring. “I understand that in marriages there are periods where you crave something new or different.  I am a man after all.”

“What are you saying Tucker?” she said.  She really could not get over how calm Tucker was being that he had found her ready to leave him.

“Many couples have open relationships nowadays.  Craving attention from someone new is no reason to end our partnership.  I think we have both been good for each other and we can continue to do so.”

“Are you saying that you wouldn’t mind me seeing someone else? Sleeping with someone else?” she asked astonished.

“I am not some knuckle dragging cave man.  I am not the possessive or jealous type” he said.

Ashley scoffed at that.  She knew how jealous Tucker was of Neil with respect to Devon.  For him to stand before her a newlywed and tell her that she could have a boyfriend was all the proof she needed.  He didn’t really care about her.  He surely didn’t love her.  At least not like she wanted. She had seen the jealousy in Paul’s eyes every time she and Tucker had crossed paths with him when they were out around town together.  No, she had made the right decision.  

At that moment, the two men she had hired to collect her things came into the room for her bags.  When they left she turned to Tucker and said, “I am sorry Tucker, but I want more from a relationship.  I want to be the entire world to the man I am with –“

He interrupted her. “Ash, when we first got together,  I explained to you how I rolled.  You agreed.  Now you’re telling me that you don’t want to do this anymore.  I really just don’t see this little dalliance with Paul as anything to walk away from our marriage over.”

Ashley was shocked.  He knew about Paul. “It’s not about Paul”.

“No. It’s not.  It’s about you refusing to or unable to fulfill your role” he said calmly.

“Tucker, my mind is made up.  You will be hearing from my lawyer” she said angered. How dare he insinuate that she was inadequate.

“Well darling, we shouldn’t drag this out.  I can have the divorce papers drawn up and sent to you tomorrow.” 

“What about the waiting period?” Tucker’s easy acceptance of this had her a little nervous.  She wasn’t happy with him and she wanted to be with Paul but she wasn’t quite ready to give up her new lifestyle. She wondered if Paul would accept her while still married to Tucker.  She doubted it.  He actually cared enough to want her all to himself.  Something she couldn’t say for Tucker.

“There are ways around that”

“Have them sent to my lawyer, Michael Baldwin.”  Ashley said and walked out before she changed her mind.

 

Location: Crimson Lights

Michael Baldwin sat with his best friend Phyllis Newman having a cup coffee.  He had listened to her go on and on about how unfair it was that she was fired from Restless Style.  Michael loved Phyllis but he had understood why Billy had fired her.  He saw her as the sole reason why he and his wife Victoria were not currently raising Lucy.  However, in typical Billy fashion, he had excluded his own decision to buy Lucy on the black market as a reason.

“So now I have to prove myself to get my job.  Me.  Prove myself.  How lowering is that?”

“Well Phyllis, you do –“

He was cut off by his ringing phone. He looked at the caller ID and saw Ashley Abbot’s name. He held up a hand to Phyllis , “Excuse me, I have to take this.”

“Ashley, how are you?”  he said.

She explained that she and Tucker were getting a divorce and that Tucker had promised papers to be delivered to him by tomorrow. She also asked about the waiting period.

“Well there is a waiting period on divorce in Wisconsin but if Tucker says he can make yours happen, I trust that.  He is a powerful man with deep pockets.  I’ll contact you when they arrive.  There shouldn’t be any problems since you two had a prenup. Okay.  Bye”

Michael then turned back to Phyllis and said “where were we? Yes, we were on you having to prove yourself.  Just don’t do anything stupid to earn you more enemies in this town.”

“I won’t. I won’t.  Trust me.” She said as she rose and walked out the door.

 

Location:  Lobby of Bell Communications

Neil stood at the podium with his family behind him on the raised platform. He had never been more proud in his life. He had been fielding questions for about 15 minutes.

“Last question,” he said as he looked down at his list of media networks trying to decide who to give it to when a name popped out at him. “Phyllis Newman, Restless Style Magazine”

“Thank you”, she said. “You wife works for McCall Unlimited.  I noticed her absence here.  Word on the street is that Tucker McCall had a bid on the table for Bell.  Do you expect some sort of retaliation from McCall Unlimited?”

“Tucker McCall is a businessman.  I am sure this is not the first time that he has not acquired a company that he has targeted. No I do not expect any retaliation”.  Neil noticed movement to his right side and looked up to find that Tucker had entered the room. When everyone else noticed Tucker, the whispering became louder.  He knew Tucker well enough to know that he wouldn’t put on a show for the press. “Thank you.  That is all” Neil said as he walked off the dais with his family in tow.  He heard a couple of reporters shouting questions at Tucker as they walked away but he did not hear his reply.

Location:  Office of Bell Communications

Chris sat in the conference room with Neil preparing to have the conference call with their System Architect, John Jacobs.  .  Right now he had all the real power.  They needed him to remain stable.  They were discussing possible incentives that they could use to bribe the man to move to Wisconsin, when he heard a knock on the door. 

“Come in” Neil stated.

“Sir, Tucker McCall is in your office and wants to see you” Neil’s secretary stated.  She had been the previous CEO’s as well.  Keeping her on as well as other support personnel was a part of his strategy to promote stability.

“Sure Sherry.  Bring him in here.”

“Okay sir.” Chris looked at Neil silently asking with his eyes if he knew what Tucker would want.  Neil shrugged his shoulders in response.  “He didn’t know either” Chris thought.  However, he could almost guess. 

Neil had been only mildly annoyed that Tucker had interrupted their press conference.  But Chris had been livid.  It took everything in him to smile for the cameras as they took photos with the family.  In his opinion, Tucker showing up was his way of attempting to steal their moment.  Plus, it made people speculate.  Everyone knew that Tucker was the master of hostile takeovers.  And once he acquired the company, he would usually dismantle it and sell off business units or keep the more profitable ones for himself.  The last thing that they needed right now was people fearing a raid from McCall Unlimited.  Moments later Tucker walked in.

“Neil.  Congratulations” he said as he shook Neil’s hand. 

Then he looked at Chris. “Tucker, this is my cousin Christopher Winters.  He’s Bells new president” Neil said as they shook hands.

“Tucker,  take a seat” Chris said. “To what do we owe the honor.”  Tucker sat down in a chair on the other side of the table, crossed his legs, and steepled his fingers under his chin.

“Gentleman, I know you must be aware by now that McCall had been in negotiations with the former owner to buy Bell.  We’re still interested.  The question to you is what is your asking price?”

This was Chris’ first time meeting Tucker McCall.  He didn’t often meet people more arrogant than himself but he couldn’t help but think that he had just met his equal.  And he didn’t like it.  He looked at Neil who sat quietly with his arms folded.  He knew that Neil wanted him to handle this. Chris understood why.  Neil and Sophia had already gone two rounds about this acquisition and didn’t really want to give Tucker anything to take back to Sophia to force another.  And then this was Devon’s biological father.  Chris, however, didn’t have the same skin in the game.  But he did wonder about something though. He picked up the phone and dialed Harmony. “Dimples”, he said, “can you meet me in conference room 25A.  I need you to take notes.”

They all sat in silence for the few minutes it took harmony to make it to the conference room. Chris made sure to watch Tucker when she walked in.  He saw a twitch of his lips but nothing more. He pulled out the chair for Harmony and said towards Tucker, “My personal assistant, Harmony”.  As she sat down he smiled at her and turned once again towards Tucker. “Her beauty is only rivaled by her competence” he said as he placed a hand on her upper back.  Tucker’s eyes hardened at that. “Have you two met?”

Harmony looked at Neil who slightly shook his head to keep her quiet. 

Chris noticed Tucker had watched Harmony from the moment she walked in.  He seemed unable to pull his eyes away.  Still staring he said, “I am aware of who she is. We have known each other for” he paused for a moment then finished with “some time now. I didn’t know that she worked here though”.  He raised an eyebrow at Harmony in question. 

“Yes,” she said abruptly.  “It happened very quickly. No one really knows yet”.  Granted, Chris had not known Harmony very long, but from what he knew it was not like her to explain unnecessarily.  He wondered why she felt the need to do so to Tucker.  From the sound of her voice she was attempting to pacify him.  Was he upset?  Chris could not see any visual signs.

Tucker squinted his eyes a fraction and said, “I see”.  He then looked back at Chris.  “So back to my earlier question. What would it take?”

“We are not for sale. And we don’t plan to sale in the foreseeable future.”

Tucker said as he stood, “Then I guess there is nothing else to discuss today.  I do think you should think about it first.  Can you have your assistant escort me out of the building. I wouldn’t want to get lost.” He said with a friendly smile. “Interesting indeed” Chris thought.  He was sure he had just found Tucker’s weakness.  He wanted Harmony. Chris wanted her too.  But if she was off limits to him then he surely wouldn’t let Tucker’s married ass have her.  Hell would freeze over first.  Chris looked down and saw Harmony looking into Tucker’s eyes. She put her hand on the table in preparation to push back and rise.  Chris, standing behind her chair laid his right hand on her shoulder to keep her seated.  He then looked at Tucker as he lifted his index finger and slid it down her neck.  Tucker’s eyes narrowed.

“Sorry Tucker.  I need Dimples for this next meeting.  Let me call Sherry.”  He picked up the phone dialed a number and said “Sherry, can you escort Mr McCall out the building” then hung up the phone. Sherry came in a few seconds later.  Tucker took another long look at Harmony before he walked out the door.

Chris felt jubilant.  He hadn’t had that much fun in a long time.

“Now let’s make this call” Neil said as Harmony dialed John’s number. 

 

Time: Same day, Evening

Location:  The office of Restless Style

Billy had given her the go ahead to write the story about Tucker losing Bell Communications to Neil.  This wouldn’t be that big of news to readers if Restless Style hadn’t broken the news of Neil’s adopted son being Tucker’s biological son.  She knew bad blood when she saw it.  And Neil and Tucker definitely had a rivalry brewing.  She would have to really work her sources to ensure that no drama passed her by.

She knew that Billy said no personal stuff should be reported but that was the juiciest part of the story. Phyllis had noticed the looks of admiration that Harmony had given Tucker as she left with the Winters family as Tucker fielded questions from the press.  She wanted him.  And who could blame her.  Tucker McCall was sexy and powerful.  He owned a room when he walked in it.  She had always thought that he was way too cool for the likes of Ashley and wondered what he saw in her.  And now she knew that Ashley and Tucker were divorcing.  She would take her chances with this.  If the blog received a lot of hits, Billy wouldn’t be so upset.  He knew how this game was played.  She was confident that he would accept it.

Phyllis logged onto the Restless Style blog and began to write:

A Double Whammy for Tucker McCall

Not only did Tucker McCall lose Bell Communications to the Winters family today, but he also lost his wife.  That’s right folks.  Tucker and Ashley McCall are divorcing. The reasons for said divorce are unknown at this time but rest assured we will find out.  However, it may have something to do with the public display Tucker put on for diners at the Colonnade Room last night.  The sexual tension between Tucker and Harmony Hamilton was palpable. Harmony was seen today standing with the Winters family at the press conference where the official announcement of the purchase of Bell was made.  It was noticed that Sophia Dupree Winters, McCall’s right hand, was not in attendance.  However ladies and gentleman, Tucker McCall did crash the show.  We think that there is some bad blood boiling between Tucker and Neil Winters, new CEO/Owner of Bell. Let’s not forget that we broke the story that Devon Hamilton Winters, adopted son of Neil, is the biological son of Harmony and Tucker.  One can only surmise that this story will entertain in weeks to come.

 

Location: Paul Williams Residence

Paul sat on his couch thinking about Ashley.  They had not mentioned the agreement they made yesterday nor had they spoken again after they left the hospital.  The doctors thought that Rickey had TTP whish was a rare blood disease.  The survival rate was not good so it was hard for him to keep a positive outlook especially without Ashley at his side.  He had secretly loved her for years and was thrilled a few years ago when he had finally gotten a chance to be with her.  But she had thrown it all away over Tom Fisher.  Some guy who wasn’t fit to shine her shoes.  He knew he should he angry with her but he just couldn’t be.  And he couldn’t shake this hold she had on him.  He should have never made love to her yesterday.  Living without her was bearable. But now that they had been intimate again, he didn’t know how he would survive losing her and possibly Ricky.   He had lost Heather too in a way as she moved away from town.  There was no way that Ashley would leave Tucker for him.  He is the kind of guy that Ashley had always wanted.  Never mind that there were times when Paul had seen her them together and noticed that the light in her beautiful eyes did not shine the way he had become used to.  He was interrupted from his thoughts by a knock on the door.  He rose from the chair, walked to the door, and opened.  He was shocked to see Ashley standing there with several large pieces of luggage.

“I made you a promise” she said with a shaky smile.  His heart almost leaped from his chest it beat so fast.

“Are you sure?”

She didn’t answer but walked inside and kissed him on the lips.  It was a kiss of homecoming. They both felt it. “Oh ye of little faith. Get my bags” she said as she brushed past him.

 

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Harmony descended the stairs wondering who would be here visiting her.  Maybe it was Devon.  He had been really sweet with her lately.  He had escorted her at the press conference today.  Her heart swelled at how he held his arm out for her to place her hand in the crook of his arm,  while he carried Moses in the other.  She also remembered how he had done the same last night too. She blushed thinking about how he rescued her from Tucker’s web.  Web was an apt description because she certainly had felt like a trapped fly.  The man was irresistible back in the day but she had been able to tell him no.  Now she felt totally powerless against his magnetism.  When he had touched her skin, she had heard a humming in her ears and a throbbing between her legs.  She had to close her eyes to gain some sort of equilibrium. If he was single she would have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with him by now she was sure.  Probably even offered herself up as the desert.  Honestly, it had been so long since she had been with a man she didn’t know whether it was him or whether it was just her body in heat.  Either way, she wanted him.  But she would not lower herself again.  She just couldn’t allow it.  Her sobriety and the respect of her children were on the line this time.

She rounded the corner to the living room and froze.  Tucker was standing with his arms behind his back facing the fireplace.  “Tucker?”

He turned slowly and walked towards her.  He stopped just inches away from her. He was so close she had to tilt her head back to maintain eye contact. She was sure that if she took a full breath her breast would touch his chest. She could tell at first glance that he was upset. His posture and his glassy eyes gave it away.  His eyes always shined when he was upset.  He inclined his head closer to her face. 

“So you refuse my job offer but take one from Neil?  What happened to wanting to do this on your own?” he asked. 

“I see what you are implying but it wasn’t like that.”

“Then how was it.  Explain to me how you came to be working as a personal assistant to Christopher Winters” he demanded in a low tone.

Harmony had been very respectful of Tucker feelings since she got back to town.  She really wanted them to get along and because of it had been sensitive to Tucker’s moods.  But she wasn’t his wife or child.  She didn’t have to explain herself to him.

“Tucker, I want us to get along but I don’t really have to explain myself to you” she said.

Although Tucker could be quite intimidating when angry, she refused to back down.  After a few moments, he seemed to relax somewhat.  “I agree” he said.  “You don’t”

“Thank you”

“I still would like to know why”.  Tucker could be relentless when he wanted something. She saw that had not changed.

“For Devon. Neil asked me to help him build a legacy  for his children.   How could I say no to that?”  She smiled. Whatever she said has pushed him right back to that angry place again.

“You don’t seem to have a problem saying no to me”

“It’s not as easy I make it appear” she said with a smile once again attempting to diffuse the tension.

“Hhhmm. When you said you wanted us to get along, I thought that you meant you wanted to be friends and get to know each other.”

“I do”

“Then have breakfast with me tomorrow?” he said.

“I can’t” she said with a pleading look in her eyes.

“Are we back to that?  Can’t or won’t”, he asked.  She just didn’t understand why he was pushing so hard for them to spend time together.

“Can’t.  I am meeting Chris in the morning for breakfast.  Our routine is to have breakfast every morning and go over the – “

“Your pushing me.”  If she was, she wasn’t doing it on purpose she thought. She gave him a confused innocent look. “It would be in everyone’s best interest if you did not use Christopher Winters as a shield”

 “That’s not what I am –“

“Oh, it isn’t?  You sat in that meeting and allowed him to put his hand all over you.”  She saw him look at her breast. 

She noticed that her nipples were starting to tingle.  Only Tucker could get her aroused with a glance. “Hands all over  –“  She began as he continued to stare at her breast. He interrupted her before she could finish. 

 “Now you will be eating breakfast with him every day.”  Finally lifting his eyes back to hers he continued. “Let me explain this to you.  I don’t like losing. I want to be amicable about Bell. I have offered to buy it instead of just taking it. Mostly for Devon’s sake.  But I buy and sell men like the cousin Winters on a daily basis and if you allow Winters to taunt me again, I will crush him.”

She couldn’t believe Tucker was threatening her. He was taking her kindness for a weakness.  And if she didn’t know better she would think that he was jealous. 

“Let me explain this to you.  I do not respond to threats very well. Now if you want to go out together then let’s just come up with an amicable time.  But I promise you I won’t be forced into something I don’t want to do. You got that.”

“Understood” he said with a smile.  He appeared amused.  Maybe he wasn’t used to people standing up to him. “So what is a good time for you?”

“How about Dinner tomorrow” she said. Tucker smiled triumphantly as he glanced  back down at her cleavage.

“Perfect” he said in a very low tone.  She didn’t know whether he was talking about the time or her breast but it didn’t really matter.  She was  totally aroused.  He lifted his hand and cupped her cheek.  “Just perfect” he said.

She opened her mouth to respond with a quick come back but her brain apparently wasn’t working because she could think of nothing to say.  All her energy seemed to be headed to her clitoris because besides Tucker’s hand, it was the only think she could feel.

He lowered his eyes to her mouth. She felt the pad of his thumb rub slowly across her upper lip then her bottom lip pulling it down at the corner.  She was stunned by the desire in his eyes.  She couldn’t believe that Mick actually wanted her after all she had done. She could tell he wanted to kiss her. It was a heady feeling.  But dangerous.  She lifted both hands to his chest to push him away. 

“You’re married Mick. Stop. Please” She knew she sounded pathetic at the moment. Begging him to stop as opposed to demanding him to do so. 

He leaned closer to whisper in her ear so she had to rest her hand on his shoulders. His hand stilled cupped her face. Her breasts were pressed against his chest. The friction was making her even wetter than she already was.  The smell of  his cologne.  His body heat surrounding her. It was hypnotizing. “Ashley and I are divorcing.  I expect it to be final before our date tomorrow night.”   

Her mind was racing on what this could mean.  “I’m sorry.”

He dropped his hand and stepped back. “At this moment, I’m not sorry at all.  I’d better go.  See you tomorrow.’ He said as he brushed past her and walked out.

Episode 5 by Diva58

 

 

Episode 5 

Time: Next day of Last episode, morning

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Chloe sat at the table in the dining room with Kay, Jill, Nina Webster, Delia, Murphy, and her mother Esther.  Esther had started out as Kay’s maid but somehow became her best friend.  She assumed that was why her mother had named Kay her godmother.  At one time in Chloe’s life, she would have given anything to be something other than the help’s daughter.  But she realized that wasn’t such a bad position.  Her mother was a great mom and even greater grandmother.  She had learned to be proud of her and in herself.  She now regretted the choices she made with attempting to fool Cane Ashby.  What a dud he had turned out to be anyways. She then heard a beep come through on her phone.  It was an e-mail from Phyllis’ Restless Style blog.  Curious, she read the e-mail and gasped.

“What is it honey.  Is it Kevin?” her mother Ester asked.

“Kevin. No. It’s Phyllis Newman’s Restless Style blog.  Apparently, Tucker and Ashley are divorcing.  And Neil has bought some company right from under Tucker’s nose.  This is not good.  He will be on the war path.  The man hates losing.”

“What? Divorcing? Why? Does it say?” Kay asked.

“He’s probably cheated on her. Tucker is a cad if I ever met one” Jill said.

“Oh shut up Jill.  You’re just mad because he didn’t go for that little business proposition of yours” Kay said. Jill and Tucker had been lovers until he broke it off with Jill for no other reason than she asked him for a business favor.

“Ladies, ladies” Murphy said.  “Let Chloe finish”.

“It doesn’t say why.”

“And it’s on Restless Style’s website?  I can’t believe that Billy would put Ashley’s business out like that. But since he starting running that magazine, he has lost any sense of right or wrong that I tried to instill in him” said Jill.

“Sense of right or wrong? Spare me Jill” said Nina.  Nina Webster had been married to Phillip Chancellor III, Jill’s other son, and had his son whom was nicknamed Chance.  Everyone had thought Phillip died in a car crash almost 20 years ago until Cane came to town claiming to be him.  But then he had later revealed to the family that he was alive and that Cane was an imposter.  It was some stupid convoluted plot to give the family closure.  Men. Do what they want when they want.  Whatever!

“I think it’s very sad.  Ashley is a really nice and genteel lady” said Esther.

“Hhhmm I wonder what happened there?” Kay asked.  “It’ll come out soon enough I am sure.  But I am very happy for Neil.  I think I will invite him to lunch and tell him so.  Jill I need to ask you something.”

“Ask me something? Since when have you ever asked anything of me.   You normally just tell me what it is and blackmail me into it.”

“Well sometimes you need to be told what to do.  I swear you sabotage your life on purpose for sympathy?”

“Just tell me what it is old lady.” Jill stated rolling her eyes.

“I want you to run Chancellor Industries.  Neil is not going to come back obviously.  And I need a new CEO. “

“Are you sure” Jill said instantly softening.  Running Chancellor had been her dream.

“Yes, my dear.  I am sure.”

“Of course I will Katherine. I’d be honored.”

Although Kay and Jill argued incessantly, they were quite fond of each other. 

“I also have another idea” she said as she looked to Nina.  “I know that Chance has a calling to serve his country but I think it is time he comes home and takes his rightful place.  I plan to ask him to come back to serve as President.  I think it is time.”

“I am not sure he will do it.” Nina said.  “But I would love to have him home and out of harm’s way for good.”

“Oh.  He’ll come.  I will assure you of that” Kay said.  “So about this birthday party this weekend” she said as she looked at Delia.

“Yea, birthday party…” Delia squealed in delight.

 

Location: The offices of Bell Communications

Christopher sat at the table in a conference room across from Neil.  He was really enjoying being an owner of a company.  Of course, he knew that he had always been a little full of himself but this new title had definitely increased his ego ten-fold.  There were times recently he had to reign himself in.  He looked to his right at his beautiful personal assistant.  She seemed like such a genuine person.  He was still dumbfounded as to how she got hooked onto drugs and how someone like her would want Tucker McCall.  Either way, she was off limits to himself.  But that didn’t mean all women were off limits.  He needed to find himself a date. And soon.

“I think that we should call Justin and let him meet with John Jacobs out in LA” Neil said. “See if he can convince him to move here.”

“Word on the street is that he has a fiancee and a little kid that can’t move right now.  So he wants to stay there with them” said Harmony.  Chris could tell by her tone of voice that she respected their System Architect’s decision.  Possibly thought it was sweet or romantic. Women sometimes have no clue about a man’s motives.  This guy was probably possessive or insecure.  He was probably staying there to keep an eye on her as opposed to him being such a devoted man.

“I can respect that” Neil said.

“I bet you can” Chris said sarcastically. “Here’s the thing. We need him here for certain reasons. The existence of a fiancé and a kid does not change that.  The question is do we force him to move anyway.”

“Hhhmm.  Not sure I want to do that.  You know as well as I do that when you treat employees like that they rebel.  Either they will get passive aggressive with their work or leave at the first opportunity. “

“Neil, we are owners now.  You have to start thinking like the top guy and stop putting yourself in the position of the employee.  Those are shoes you do not walk in anymore.  Thank God” Chris said irritated.

“Chris” Neil began in the same tone, “This is a family company.  That is our image.  How would we look forcing a man to leave his family.  Word of this type of strong arming gets out.  You know that.”

“Okay.  Let’s call Justin.  Maybe he can convince him. But if he can’t we will have to discuss this again because there is no way we should allow this guy to work from LA.”  Neil nodded his head slowly in agreement. 

Harmony who had been watching them go back and forth like it was a tennis match then picked up her phone, located Justin’s number, and dialed it on the landline.

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Paul arrived at the hospital holding hands with the woman of his dreams.  They had talked all through the night about their regrets and future.  Her strength and positive thinking had given him hope for Ricky’s recovery.  They had gotten a call from Nate Winters telling them to come to the hospital so that they could discuss Ricky.  Paul had known Nate all his life and if there was anyone he trusted to take care of Ricky, it was Nate.  They had been waiting for a few minutes when Nate came out.

“So Dr, how is he” Paul said to Nate with a teasing smile.

“Well, he is about the same.  But the good news is that we are fairly certain that we know what is going on. “

Ashley squeezed Paul’s hand, smiled at him and said “That’s good news right”. 

“Yes.  But the test to confirm it is not in yet.  I expect those this morning.  I wanted you here when they do come in.”

“Okay Nate.  We’ll be right here” Ashley said. 

“Alright then” Nate said as he looked at Ashley curiously and walked off.  Paul noticed the look and smiled to himself.  Nate must be wondering what was going on with Ashley.  He was sure they looked like a couple to everyone who cared to notice.

 

Location:  Cold Winter Records Studio

Abby sat on the sofa watching Devon on a call.  The boy was just gorgeous she thought.  He hung up the phone and looked at her with a smile.  She felt herself floating.

“So how did the call go?”

“Okay.  Not sure if the guy is really serious about music.  He is young and still wants to go to college.  I think he should actually.  Give him something else to fall back on”

“Now you sound like your dad” she said with a smile.

Devon laughed out loud. “You’re right.  I do sound like him.  But hey, it’s not a bad thing. Neil Winters is usually right.”

“He is isn’t he?  I wish I could say the same about my mom.  I still say that Tucker will break her heart one day.”

Devon smirked in response.

“So how is Roxy” Abby asked with a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.  It wasn’t that she didn’t like Roxy.  She actually did.  She just didn’t like that Roxy was with Devon.

A broader smiled broke out across Devon’s face.  “She is great.  I can’t wait for her to come home.”

“You miss her huh?” 

“I do.”

“I wish I had someone to miss me like that?”

“Don’t worry Abby.  You will meet someone.  In the meantime you have me to hang out with.”

Before she could reply, Abby’s phone rang.  She answered it to hear her mother’s voice on the other end.

“Abby”

“Hi mom.”

“Hi honey.  I wanted to see if I could meet you for lunch.  Say at your house.”

“Sure, but I am not cooking anything.”

“I’ll bring take out. And honey, don’t stand me up.  I have some important news”.  What is that suppose to be mean Abby thought.  She hated when people implied that she was fickle or flighty.

“Whatever!” she said with attitude. “Bye”. And hung up her phone.

She noticed Devon frown in the direction of the door.  She looked in that direction and saw her stepfather Tucker. 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Kay had finally decided enough was enough with Chance.  She understood wanting to serve his country.  She understood he felt it was his calling but it was time Chance also understood what it meant to be a Chancellor.  She only had three grandchildren.  Mac had just had a baby so she would not force her back to Genoa City.  And her newfound grandson Devon didn’t want to have anything to do with her.  She hadn’t given up on him but she knew he had just started his own record company and didn’t have any interest in anything else going on at Chancellor.  So Chance was going to be the one.   Whether he liked it or not.  She knew he had not been redeployed and his enlistment date was only a week away.  So it would be time for him to reenlist soon and she had every intention of stopping that.  She had spoken to one of her old high school classmates, who was now a 4 Star General in the Army, earlier this morning. She let him know that under no terms was Chance to be allowed to sign his life away again. 

Some people may feel guilt over this type of trickery.  But not Kay.  Sometimes people didn’t know what was best for them.  And just like his grandmother Jill, Phillip Chancellor IV didn’t know what was best for him.  Well, she did.  Now all she had to do was sit and wait for Chance to arrive. 

“Kay, is there any coffee left”

“Yes dear, the pot should be half full.  I have only had one cup.”

“So have you spoken to Chance” Nina asked.

“I have not and don’t you talk to him either” Kay said pointing a finger at Nina.

“But I thought you said that you was going to ask him to come home” Nina said sounding confused.

“I said no such thing.  I said I would get him home and I will.”

“How do you plan to do that?”

Kay sometimes wondered how any of these people functioned without her.  They seemed so naïve sometimes.  Even Nina who had never been a simple girl had turned clueless.  When she was younger, she made a habit of getting exactly what she wanted.  Now, not so much.

“I spoke to someone higher up and he agreed with me.  It’s time for Chance to come home.  And he plans to make that happen.”

“I am not sure that I agree with this.  It should be Chance’s decision.”

Nina Webster had always been an exasperating girl Kay thought. 

“Do you want him home or not Nina?”

“I do”

“Then does it matter how it happens.  Just sit back and wait.  Chance will be home soon.  He might be heartbroken at first but I am sure he will get over it.” Kay couldn’t help but think that Chloe could help with that. They had been engaged a while ago. Before she was engaged to Kevin.  But things didn’t work out for them then.  She had high hopes that with Kevin out of the picture, Chloe and Chance might reconnect.

 

Location: Spencer Publications in LA

Justin sat at his desk attempting to get things in order for his successor at Spencer. He hadn’t spoken to Donna since she found out that he was leaving.  His going away party was tonight at Bill and Katie’s.   He assumed she would be there.  He hoped she would be there just so he could see her one last time without having to seek her out.  Hopefully he would not have to swallow anymore of his pride.  To keep this from happening he would call Katie to see who was on the guest list.  Doing so wasn’t that big of a blow to his ego.  He reached for his phone just as it rang.

“Justin Barber”

“Justin.  Are you ready for the move?” he heard Neil say.

“Yes, I am gonna leave out earlier than expected.  I will arrive tomorrow.”

“That’s great news. I don’t know how you pulled that off but we’re glad that you did”.  He knew that arrogant voice.  It was Neil’s cousin Chris.  Working with him was something Justin would find amusing.  Neil needed Chris to counterbalance him.  One cousin was too ethical and other too unethical.  He just knew he would find himself stuck in the middle of many a disagreement.

“Well, I am the best negotiator in town.  Surely I can work out a deal for my own release” he said with a light laugh.

“These skills are just why we are calling.” Neil said. “here’s the issue.  Our System Architect cum head of R&D is out in LA and refuses to move.  We feel we need him here for obvious reasons. “

“Right. Right” Justin said thoughtfully.

“We need you to meet with him and see if you can convince him to move.” Chris said.

“Okay.  Do you plan on forcing his hand or greasing his palm to make it happen?” Justin asked.

“You know me man.  I say force his hand if he doesn’t comply” Chris responded.

“Neil?”

“I don’t think that kind of strong arming is a part of the image we want to project.”

“Of course not” Justin said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. “Neil, sometimes in business you are going to make enemies.  Sometimes there will be people that hate you.”

“So says the man who has worked with his best friend his entire career.  You have no clue what it’s like to feel bottled in at a job.  It’s not the way to get the best results. I know this first hand.” Neil said.

“Ah. Let’s not get into the Newman era of the Neil Winter’s saga” Chris said.

“Okay.  My hands are out of it.  I don’t want to know how he gets here. If it hits the airwaves, I can be totally honest in my ignorance.”

“Great. Make it happen Justin Barber style.” Chris responded.

“For sure,” Justin said.

“I’ll have Dimples here set up a meeting with him today for lunch.”

“Dimples?”

“My personal assistant.”

“Ah, Dimples. I see.” Justin said with a knowing smile.  He wondered if Chris was sleeping with his personal assistant.  There was a certain something in his voice as he said the name.

“Excuse me Justin, but my name is Harmony.  I prefer that.”  Justin smiled at the repressed attitude he heard in in Harmony’s voice.

“Okay.  I’ll be sure to remember that” he said softly.  His voice dropped lower of its’ own volition. 

“Remember that she is also family.  She’s Devon’s biological mother and a real asset to us.” Neil said sharply.  Now Justin was really confused.  Neil was warning him off Harmony.  Olivia had told him that Yolanda was back in town and had really gotten herself together. Listening to Chris and Neil over the phone, he couldn’t help but get the feeling that they both had a thing for her.

“Dually noted.  Now, I’ll get this guy to Antarctica one way or the other. If I have to live in the cold, so does he.  Later.”

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

“I wonder if Olivia is on call this morning?” Ashley asked Paul

“I am sure the nurse station will know.  Why don’t you ask while I go get us some coffee.”

“Okay” she said as she rose on tip toe and kissed Paul lightly on the lips.  Just as she did so Olivia turned the corner and walked into the waiting area.

“Ashley,  Paul” she said with an astonished look.

Olivia was shocked to see Paul and Ashley kissing like they were lovers.  Although it was a peck it was still very intimate.  She had Ashley had went to college together and were sorors. She knew that Ashley was not totally happy with her marriage with Tucker but it wasn’t like her to have an affair. Ashley had learned her lesson from that affair she had with Victor years ago.

“Olivia” Paul said as he kissed her cheek.  “I was just about to go get coffee.  Be right back.”  Paul walked off in the direction of the cafeteria.

“Ashley, did I just see you kissing Paul. What is going on?”

“Okay Liv.  I know this will seem sudden but I left Tucker and I am with Paul.”

“It’s not that sudden.  I knew that you were not as happy as expected with Tucker but I didn’t think it was something that you would leave him for. “

“I just didn’t feel valued Liv. Tucker is so caught up in business.  It’s the only thing he is passionate about.  But Paul makes me feel like I am the only important person in the world.”

“Okay Ashley. I understand the feeling.  But you have made a commitment to Tucker. You love him.  I don’t think that his something that you should throw away over night.”

“”It’s not overnight, I assure you.”

‘Well, it sure seems that way to me.  Just last week you were telling me how you had waited your whole life for someone like Tucker.  But now he is not the one. I guess I just want to know what happened between now and then.”

“I can’t explain it.  It’s in here you know” she said as she pointed a finger at her chest.  “Does that make sense?”

“I guess so but –“

“I just want to be happy. Just support me please. “

“You do look very happy.  There is a certain light in your eyes that I haven’t seen since we were very young.”

“Please, don’t bring up Victor.”

“Okay, okay. I won’t.  Just promise me that if you start to feel depressed or really unhappy, you call me okay”.  Olivia reached out and hugged Ashley.

“Okay. I will”.

Although Ashley was better now, she did have a history of having these episodes.  Olivia just wanted to make sure that this wasn’t one and that Ashley remained emotionally healthy.

 

Location:  Cold Winter Records Studio

Tucker walked into Devon’s studio on cloud nine.  He had spoken with his lawyers this morning and they had assured him that his divorce from Ashley would be final today.  He also had a date tonight with Harmony.  If it had been hard to concentrate before, he found that it was even more so now.  After weeks of denying himself the opportunity to spend time with her, to touch her, to kiss her, to possibly make love to her, he was finally done with that.  But before he became too wrapped up in his fascination with Harmony, he thought he should clear the air with Devon first. For some reason, the boy insisted on hating him.  And from his response the other night when he had seen him touching her, he didn’t think Devon would take this well at all.  The question was whether he was willing to continue to deny himself the pleasures of Harmony if Devon didn’t approve. 

“Good morning all”

“Tucker” Devon said.

“Hello” Abby said as she rolled her eyes.

“So how is the music going?  Still can’t find Angelina?”

“Nope, but I am over it.  She’ll turn up when she turns up.  Thanks again for the help with flipping her MIA act. Now she is even hotter than before.”

“Well that’s good.  Glad to help.” Tucker wanted to bring up his date with Harmony but he didn’t want to discuss it in front of Abby.  She may not know about her mother refusing to uphold her end of their bargain. 

Behind him he heard Abby say, “So how’s my mom.  She said she had something to tell me. Do you know what that could be about?”

“You should talk to her.  It’s not my place to tell you.”

“Oh my god.  You did something didn’t you?  You cheated on her again.  I knew you would.  Poor mom.  Now she’s just another cliché” Abby said in a hurry as her voice increased with every word she spoke.

“Is this true Tucker?  I hope it’s not with my mom. I remember what I saw the other night.”

“What? No Devon. Your mother and I are just becoming friends. I swear to you. That’s all.”

“Yeah right.  Kinda like you and Diane Jenkins were just friends?” Abby said under her breath but loud enough for him and Devon to here.

“Abby. Don’t insult Harmony that way.  We haven’t…”

“You better not have done anything.  My mom has finally gotten her life on track.  She has worked so hard to get this healthy.  I just don’t want anything or anyone to get in the way of that.  Please.  I’m begging you.  Don’t get in the way of that. Please Tucker.  Please.”

Well damn.  What was he to say to his son after that plea? He was not going to promise to stay away from her or not get involved with her. “I promise not to get in the way of her happiness,” Tucker said.  He felt like that was a promise he could keep.  He didn’t think he would ever hurt her.

“Well, it’s obvious that I need to talk to my mom.” Abby said knowingly.  She grabbed her purse and stormed out.

“Okay.  Now that Abby is gone.  Tell me.”

“Ashley has decided that she would rather be with Paul Williams than me.”

“What? Ashley left you. Why?”

“I’m still not sure.  But it doesn’t matter.  As long as she’s happy.”

“You’re taking this well.” Devon said.  After a slight pause he continued in a shocked tone. “Oh my god. You are seeing my mom. Aren’t you?”

“No I am not. But I won’t lie to you. I want to.  See her, that is. I just want to get to know her. ”

“I would think that you already know her. Afterall, you do have a kid together. Oh that’s right you don’t don’t know her. Do you? You didn’t even know her name.”  Tucker wondered how many times Devon would throw that in his face.  It’s one of the biggest regrets of his life.

“I admit to having been less than attentive to women in the past but I am not that person anymore.  People do change and grow you know.” 

“I know that.  But my mom.  I just don’t want her to be hurt.”

“Devon.  I just want to be a friend to her.  I know that you don’t really know me.  But if you did you would know that I would never hurt your mother.”

“Yeah. A friend. Right?” Devon said slowly. “I am a fully grown man you know.  I saw the way you were looking at her the other night. I was not the look of a man who wants to be just friends.”

“So what. I noticed the charms of a beautiful woman but that doesn’t mean I have to act on it. As you say, you’re a man. You should be able to relate to that.”  And Harmony is beautiful and voluptuous. He was sure that every man that came into contact with those breasts took notice.  Why would Devon expect him to be any different?  Surely he was used to people being attracted to his mother.

“Listen Tucker. It doesn’t matter what I think or what I say, you will do what you want.”

“I care about your opinion Devon.  It’s why I am here”.

“So if I say no. You’ll still attempt to be my mom’s friend” Devon said using air quotes to emphasize the word friend. 

One thing he had learned about his son is he was direct.  He asked direct questions and gave direct answers.  Tucker wanted to be evasive but he knew his plans for Harmony and if they came to fruition the way Tucker thought that they would, he didn’t want the kid to think he was anymore of a liar than he already did.

“And honest question deserves and honest answer.  So I will give you one but you won’t like it.  I like your mother.  I want to get to know her.  And I won’t let anything or anyone get in the way of that. And that does include you.  But it doesn’t mean that I don’t respect your opinion.”

“I can respect that. But now if you don’t mind, I have a few calls to make.” Devon said.  Tucker could tell that Devon was impressed with his forthrightness. 

“Alright, I’m out.”

 

Time: Same Day, Lunch

 

Location:  GCAC

Neil sat at a table at the GCAC waiting for Kay.  He wasn’t surprised that she wanted to have lunch.  He figured that she had heard by now about his acquisition and wanted to congratulate him.  What she had done was wrong but she had been a good friend to him and his family over the last couple of years.  It was time to let it go.  Not just for him but for Devon’s sake.  He knew his son took a lot of his cues from him.  So it was time for him to let go so that Devon could do the same.  Besides, Kay was helping Harmony.  And for that he was grateful.  But Tucker was another matter all together.  He didn’t hate him or anything.  Neil just had no respect for him.  How could someone treat a woman the way he treated Harmony?  He just hoped that Tucker had the decency to steer clear of her now.  To not hurt her again.  He just didn’t see what women saw in Tucker.  Beyond Harmony, there was Sophia.  She was still mad at him about giving her that ultimatum. It was for her own good. Tucker was bound to put her in an awkward position sooner or later when it came to Bell.  He and Chris were prepared for some sort of retaliation of McCall Unlimited.  It hadn’t occurred yet, but he knew that it would one day.  The thought that Tucker would let this go for Devon’s sake was never an option. 

“Neil” he looked up to see Kay standing before him.

 He stood and pulled out her chair as he said “Katherine, how are you?”

“I have been good”

“And your health” She looked good but she was over 80 years old so he needed to be sure.

“I am not some frail old lady” she said sharply.

He couldn’t help but smile at her fire, “of course not”

“So I heard about your acquisition.  I just wanted to say congratulations.”  Kay had always been a class act.  There was a small part of him that thought she might be a little hurt because he didn’t tell her his plans.

“Thank you.”

“I am not going to say that I was not disappointed that you won’t be back at Chancellor.  But you have more than earned this chance.  It’s time.”

“Thank you”

“I just want us to be friends again.”

“I would like that Katherine.  I really would.”

“I am sorry you know.  I just felt that I needed to protect Devon from Tucker” Kay said.

“I know how you feel.  It is taking everything in me not to demand Tucker stay away from him and Harmony.  I just want to protect them”.  Both Devon and Harmony had come so far.  He didn’t want their growth stunted by the likes of Tucker.

“Harmony? She told me that you gave her a job.  She loves it by the way.  But why would you need to protect her from Tucker.  Has he threatened her or something?” 

Neil remembered how Tucker had looked at her in the meeting the other day.  He had a thing for her.  Which was odd. Since he didn’t even remember conceiving his own child.  He didn’t remember Harmony at all.  “I think that something might be going on between them.  And Harmony doesn’t need the heartache.  I just don’t want her to relapse.”

“Really?” Kay said with a smile.

“You approve of this?  Tucker is married. ” Neil couldn’t believe that Kay was alright with Tucker and Harmony.  Considering his track record.

“Oh, you obviously haven’t heard.  It’s all over the Restless Style website.  Tucker and Ashley are divorcing. Besides, I think Harmony could be good for him.  She doesn’t take his crap that’s for sure. That is one lady that might be able to teach my wayward son some humility and respect.”

Tucker and Ashley divorcing.  This was interesting news. But if Tucker was lacking in respect then it shouldn’t be Harmony’s place to teach him.  “Katherine, as an addict, you know how hard it is.  She is very fragile right now.  I just don’t think that Tucker is a good match for her.”

He noticed Kay cock her head to the side and study him. “And who would be a good match for her. Hhmm.  You? Perhaps” 

“What? Me? No.  I am married to Sophia.  I have a family”

“And how is that going by the way?”

“Some days it’s perfect.  And other days…” 

“You miss Dru” she finished for him. He gave a small smile at the mention of her name.

“How’d you know?  Is it so obvious?”   He wondered if everyone knew.  Even worse, if Sophia knew?  He hoped not because he didn’t want to hurt her.

“Only to those who know you.  Knew her.  And have seen you two together.”

Enough of this talk about Dru.  His heart couldn’t take it.  Besides, they had even ordered yet.

“Hey, I thought we came here to eat.”

“Change the subject huh…alright.  I will let it slide for now.  Let’s order.”

 

Location:  Dayzee’s Café in LA

It was happening again Justin thought to himself as he passed the front of Dayzee’s café headed to the parking lot out back.  If he didn’t know better he could have sworn that was Dru walking out the door of the café.  But it couldn’t be her.  She had been presumed dead for almost 5 years now. He wondered if Olivia or Dru’s kids also saw Dru from time to time like he did.  It had been going on for about 3 years now for him.

He parked his car, got out, and headed for the entrance of the restaurant.  When he arrived he looked around to see if he could see the person he thought was his cousin.  Of course, per usual, she was nowhere to be found.  Which he guessed was a good thing considering.  He walked into the restaurant and spotted Dayzee taking orders. He waved to her.   Dayzee was his son’s girlfriend and the namesake for the restaurant.  When she saw him she excused herself from the member of the staff with whom she was speaking and walked over to him.

“Mr. Barber.  How are you?”

“Justin.  Please.”  She always so respectful and polite.  His son had chosen well.  And he was glad.  Because the alternative had been Amber. 

“Okay.  Justin.  How are you?”

“I am great.  How are you?   I hope my son is keeping you happy.”

With that she blushed.  Obviously Marcus was on the job.  It was good to know.

“Yes.  He’s the best.”

“Yeah.  He’s a good man.”  And he was.  If only he would recognize that he was a Barber and not a Forrester.  He could see how his son would be impressed with their power and wealth.  But being a Barber was nothing to scoff at either. There was a lot of pride in their family.  And he wanted his son to understand that.

“So what can I get you” Dayzee asked.

“Oh. I am here to meet someone.  His name is John and I think he may be a little eccentric. Have you seen anyone hanging about-“

Before he could finish to pointing in the direction of a table in the corner.

“Yep. That’s him thanks.” He said as he walked in the man’s direction taking him in.  The guy was dressed in an old t-shirt and jeans.  He seemed engrossed in his own thoughts as he looked out the window. 

“John” he said as he approached the table.

John stood and held out his hand.  “Justin Barber, I presume”

“That’s me.”

“Great.  Let me tell you the same thing I told the HR people. I am not interested in moving to Genoa City” the man said as they shook hands.  Justin could tell that this was going to be an interesting talk.  The man was already on the defensive. 

“Relax John.  That’s why I am here.  I want to know why it is you are set against moving in hopes that I can come up with the reasons that everyone will accept to justify you staying.”  John’s eyes snapped to attention then.  He knew it was always a shock when he gave people that line.  They all expected him to play hardball.  But what he found is that when people had their mind already made up, it was easier when you made them think that you had their best interest as heart.

“Okay. First of all, I have a fiancée and a son. I don’t want to uproot them.  My fiancée has been through a lot and she has finally gotten to the point where she is comfortable in LA.  I don’t want to take her to a new city where she will have to start all over.  She had a horrible accident a few years ago and it left her traumatized.  She is only able to relax when she is in familiar surroundings.  It’s a sort of posttraumatic stress disorder.”

“I see.  So what did you do to get her comfortable in LA.?  It seems to me that she would be more comfortable in a small city as opposed to a super crowded LA.”   In Justin’s mind, if it worked in LA, it could work in Antarctica.

“I hired a counselor to stay with her and go out with her at all times.  Of course she didn’t realize the lady was a counselor.  She thought that she was a baby sitter for our son. John said with a smile.  “Pamela is just as proud as she is smart and beautiful. She would have never gone for s sister for herself you see.”

“And where is this sitter now?”  Justin wondered.

“She is no longer needed.  Pam can go out herself alone now.”

“So what makes you think that she won’t be able to do this if you move?”

“I don’t know.  I just don’t want to risk it.  She has come so far and I don’t want her to regress.”

“Have you asked her about the move?”  Justin had found that women were usually stronger than their men gave them credit for and did not like being considered weak.

“No.”

He was ready to take a gamble.  This woman sounded like a fighter.  And if John’s love for her was any indication of her love for him then there was no way she would want his career stunted because of her presumed failings.  Besides, a little research had shown that John had a father and a son in Genoa City.  The son considered this woman his mother.  She would want to be close to him. 

“I tell you what. Put it to her. Give her all the facts about this.  And see if she is willing to move.  If so, then we will get her a full time nanny there. I will even promise it to be the same one that has helped raise your son.  If not, then we will allow you to stay here for the time being.”

“And if I choose not to ask her?”

Why is it that people always wanted to know the consequences of not doing something? Typical.  He found that taking the bait and making threats was never the way to go. “I have found it pointless to get into what ifs.  I am trusting you to be a man of your word.  So trust me.  I have your best interest at heart.”  And he did because it would be in no one’s best interest for Bell to have to drag this man into court to force his move or keep him from working for the next 25 years.  Bell didn’t need the bad press and this man had a family to support.

“Okay.  I will ask her.  I will let you know her decision.”

“Thanks”

Location:  Eve’s Bistro

Harmony was so happy that Devon had called to ask to meet her for lunch.  They were in a good place now.  He seemed to have forgiven her for letting him down growing up.  This was all the encouragement that Harmony needed to ensure that she stayed clean.  Not that she would relapse if Devon had not come around.  But it was always nice when things worked out the way one wanted.  She looked up and saw him walk through the doors.  His face lit up with a smile when he spotted her.  She lifted her hand to wave at him as he made his way to the table.  She couldn’t help but notice what a change it was to have her son smile when he sees her.  To be happy to spend time with her. 

“Hi mom”, he said as he bent down to kiss her on her cheek.  That had just made her entire week worthwhile.

“Hi baby” she said. “I ordered your favorite.  The waitress says that the food should be out in a moment.” 

Just as she said that the waitress brought out their meal.

“Wow. Thanks mom,” he said surpised.

“You seem surprised.  What? That I would remember your favorite food.”

“Well yeah.”

“Come on.  Everyone who knows you knows that you love grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. When you were a little boy, it’s all I could get you to eat.  And I remember when I stayed a Neil’s awhile back, you ate one at least once a day.”

His smile reached his eyes then. How sad was it that her son was surprised that she remembered his favorite food.  She knew that he didn’t mean to do so but his obvious happiness reminded her of how she failed him.  She sat and watched him eat his sandwich for a while before starting to eat her salad.

“Mom”, she heard her son say.

“hhmm” she looked up into his eyes.

“Tucker came by to see me this morning”.  

When she heard Tucker’s name she felt her stomach flutter.  It was a sensation that she had become accustomed too since it happened every time she heard Tucker’s name, which had become quite frequent over the last couple of weeks.  “Oh” was all she could say in response.

“Yeah, did you know that he and Ashley are splitting up?”

He was watching her intently.  Probably trying to gauge her reaction to the news.

“Yes.  He told me about it last night.  It’s kind of sad I think.” She said calmly.

“Sad.  He doesn’t seem sad at all.  He seems excited to me.”

She hunched her shoulders in response because she surely had no words. 

“He also said something about getting to know you and being your friend.

Once again she had no words in response. She just stared at her son waiting for his question or next comment because she was sure he was building up to something.  And she was fairly sure she knew what it was.

“Mom, I am so proud of you.  And how you have turned things around. I just don’t want anything to get in the way of that. And I think that Tucker can’t be trusted not to get in the way.  I think he will hurt you.”

She smiled at Devon and shook her head slowly. It dawned on her that her son was afraid that she would relapse.  She wished that she had the words to reassure him that it was not going to happen.  But experience had taught them both that talk was cheap and action is what mattered.  “For what it’s worth Devon, I am not in jeopardy of relapsing.  I feel great emotionally and physically.  I am done with drugs and alcohol.  But I have said it before and didn’t follow through.  So this time I am going to show you.  Don’t worry.  Besides, you’re the only man whose opinion really matters to me.  Tucker doesn’t have that kind of power over me. “At least not anymore she thought.

“I pray that is true. But I just don’t want to see you hurt.”

“Relax baby.  I won’t be.  People can only hurt you if you let them.”

“Abby also said something about Tucker cheating on her mom before.”

“You’re telling me this because…”

“Because I just want you to know the kind of person he is.” Her son was something funny.  He was so like Neil. Which meant he wouldn’t just come right out and say it.  Possibly scared he would give her ideas. 

“Devon, come on.  Be real. You’re telling me because you think that he and I are intimately involved and you don’t want that. Just say it”

“Fine.  I don’t want you to see him.”

“I have no plans right now to see anyone romantically.  I just want to focus on my babies and my job.” That was obviously what he wanted to hear because his eyes twinkled when he smiled.  This was one thing about her son that had never changed.  He loved getting his way.  Whenever he was able to talk her into things as a little boy, his eyes would twinkle.

“Will you promise me that when you are ready that it won’t be him” he pushed further.

“Baby.  You know I love you.  And you and Anna are the most important things in my life.  But even you won’t dictate to me who I am friends with. Okay.” She smiled to take the sting out of her rebuke.

“Okay.  I guess the fact that you don’t plan to see him is enough.”

“So how is your music going?”

“It’s slow.”

“You mean because you can’t find Angelina.”

“No, my hearing.  I am having a hard time distinguishing pitches but it will be okay. I am getting by.”

She wondered what else could be done for him. She was just about to ask him about the last time he saw his doctor but before she could he replied, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

She knew him well enough not to force the issue.

 

 

Location: Park

Lily sat in the park on a blanket as Charlie and Maddie toddled about her playing with a miniature rugby ball.  It’s just one of the ways she tried to keep Cane’s memory alive for them.  When they got older she would allow them to see the DVD he left for them.  But until then they looked at pictures and she told them stories.  

“No Maddie. No.  Come back here little girl” she said as she saw Maddie dash off towards the woods Times like these are when she missed having a partner.  Someone to share her burden with.  Another pair of eyes and hands.  Maddy stopped. Looked at her.  Then continued the way she was going.  Darnit.  She would have to get up and chase that little scamp. 

She rose from the blanket.  Ran over to Maddie and scooped her up.  “Maddie” she said in her sternest voice.  “You need to listen to mommy.  Don’t go into the woods. Okay”.  Maddy looked at her and gave a mischievous smile.  Lily tickled her stomach and kissed her cheek.  This little girl knew what she was doing. Just then she looked and noticed Charlie headed to the street and her heart dropped.

“Oh my god.  Charlie no. Come back” she screamed.  Of course, like his sister, he continued on his way as if she hadn’t just screamed his name.  At least Maddie had the decency to stop and look at her.  Charlie didn’t even give her that much respect.

Lily took off running full speed to Charlie praying that she could reach him before he made it to the street. “Charlie. Charlie. Charlie” she yelled.  But he kept running. Her legs were burning from running and her arms were burning from carrying Maddie.  She knew that she was running as fast as she could but everything seemed to go in slow motion.  She couldn’t breathe.  Lord please let her catch him in time. 

The park was downhill from the street and because of it, the drivers of the cars would not be able to see Charlie coming.  Just when he reached the apex of the incline she saw him being lifted up in the air by two arms.  For a minute she thought it was an angel swooping down to save his life.  Maybe it was Cane.  But when she looked up into the face connected to the arms, it was a honey brown instead of white. 

“Trevor” she said out of breath as he began to walk towards her.  “Thank God”.

“Hey Lily.  Look who I found trying to run away.”

She put Maddie down to stand beside her and reached for Charlie, hugging him close and kissing his head. “Thank you so much.  Thank you.” She said to Trevor.  She looked at Charlie and said “Charlie, you naughty boy.  You can’t run from mommy like that.” 

“It’s no problem.   I’m glad that I was here.”  Looking from Lily to Charlie he said “You little rascal.  You have to mind your mother” while touching Charlie’s head. Charlie laughed.  She looked down for Maddie who had toddled over to Trevor and was reaching her hands up to be picked up.  “May I” he asked.

“Of course.”  Trevor bent downed and picked Maddie up.  Her daughter threw her arms around his neck.  She knew how Maddie felt.  She wanted to throw herself into his arms too.  Not just for saving Charlie. But because Trevor was just as handsome in the sunlight as he was in the dark of night.  He was wearing snug fitting peach polo shirt under a khaki colored suit and dark brown overcoat.  It was casual yet dressy.  She felt her heart rate pick up again but this time for a different reason.  She was glad that she had taken the time to put on nice clothes and do her makeup and hair.  There had been times since Cane’s death that she just didn’t feel up to it.  What was the point without someone to dress up for?  She knew her mother would probably think she was crazy.  Drucilla dressed up every day and it didn’t matter if no one saw it but herself.

“I think she likes you” Lily teased him.

“Well, she’s got good taste” he said with a smile.

“Thanks again for helping me with Charlie.  It’s kind of hard having two kids with one set of eyes” she said.  And it was hard.  She wasn’t exaggerating.  Even though she was known to do that. 

“I can understand that.  When I take my little brother out, I can hardly keep up.  And there is only one of him.  I don’t know how you do it with two.” He said looking impressed.

“Well, just call me wonder woman.” She realized that was corny right after it came out.  She just wasn’t good at this at all now. Maybe she was out of practice.

“hhhmmm.  I can just look at you and tell that you excel at everything.  Don’t you?” He said in a very low tone.

It dawned on her then.  He was flirting with her.  And if she didn’t know better, he had just made a reference to sex.  She looked up into his eyes and noticed that they were almost closed.  Was he intentionally looking at her like that? She wondered. It didn’t matter because whether intentional or not, her stomach began to flutter.

“Assuredly” she replied.  She noticed that her own voiced had taken on the same tone as his. 

“I bet.” He said with a smile.  And that was all it took.  She felt herself getting aroused and it was totally inappropriate.  She was standing in the middle of a park holding her son while he held her daughter.  Regardless of how right it felt, she knew it was wrong to be having these thoughts right now.

“Ah…I think it is time we head back home.” She said looking down and around for her stuff.

“Is it anywhere around here?  I could help you with the kids.  You know, anytime you need to come to the park or go shopping or anything where you need extra hands.   Give me a call.  I’d be more than happy to help.”

“Okay.  Thanks. We are a few block down the street.”

“I’ll put my number in your phone when we get there.  Maybe you will give me yours too”. He said with a smile.

 

Location:  Abby’s house

Ashley and Abby sat at the dining room table eating lunch. 

“Mom. Ugh. This is disgusting.  It tastes like you got it from the hospital or something. Ugh!”

There was no way that Ashley would tell her that she did get it from the hospital cafeteria. She only smiled.

“So you have made me wait long enough.  What is this news?”

“Tucker and I are divorced.” She saw Abby’s mouth open in surprise.

“I see I have surprised you. I thought that you would be happy.  Isn’t it what you wanted? What you have been lobbying for since we got married.”

“Well mom.  I am glad but I just want to know why.  What happened?  He cheated on you again didn’t he.”

“What?  Why would you say that?”

“I saw him this morning at Devon’s studio.  He looked so happy. That’s not how you would think someone who was getting divorced would look.  You know what I’m saying.”

Ashley had found herself wondering why Tucker was letting this go so easily.  Granted it wasn’t like him to chase behind a woman but it also wasn’t like him to lose anything without some fight. “hhhmm, happy you say.”

“Devon said something about him and Harmony looking like they were having a thing.”

Ashley found that hard to believe.  He had made it clear to her that he didn’t even remember being with Yolanda.  Had no clue who she was. “I don’t think that’s true.”

“Why not? It’s not like Tucker has ever been discriminating in who he slept with.”

“True.  But he wants a relationship with Devon more than anything. I don’t see him jeopardizing getting to know Devon over a few rolls in the hay with Yolanda.”

“We’ll see mom.  I have no faith in this guy.  Are you sure this is going happen.  He might just sweet talk his way back into your life.  And let me say that I hope you stay firm because-“

“Abby” she interrupted. “I am not going back to Tucker. Our divorce is already final.”

“Final?  Already. I thought that there was a waiting period?”

“Well Tucker was able to circumvent that.  He got a judge to sign off on it. He wanted it over and done with quickly”

“Oh my god” Abby said as she covered her mouth.  “Don’t you see mom.  He is seeing someone.  He was probably cheating on you.  And it is probably with Harmony.” She reached to pick up her phone. “I need to call Devon and tell him.”

Ashley took the phone from her hand. “Abby, that’s not it at all.  I am the one who is seeing someone else.”

“What? Who?”

“Paul” Ashley said slowly.  She hoped that Abby approved of him.  The last thing she and Paul needed right now was Abby interfering in their relationship.

“Williams?”

“Yes.” At Abby’s confused look she continued. “You know we dated some years ago and it turned out badly.  It was my fault. And we never stopped caring about each other. So when Ricky’s health issues came up it kind of threw us back together.  I realized that I would be happier with him than with Tucker.”

“Good for you mom. Good for you.  Paul is a much better man than Tucker will ever be.”

“I think so too”

 

Time: Same Day, Afternoon

 

Location:  Office of Bell Communications

Neil hadn’t heard from Sophia all day.  He assumed she was still upset about his ultimatum.  But in his opinion the time was nigh for her to make a choice.  Because as sure as the sun rose and set daily, Tucker would retaliate.  And they needed to be ready. He didn’t want to have to watch what he said in his own home in fear that his wife would have divided loyalties.

“Hello” he said as he answered his phone hoping it was Sophia.

“Neil. Good news. John Jacobs will be moving within the week”. 

“Well that’s good news Justin.  I am not going to ask how you pulled it off.  I will only ask if we have any obligations.”

“Yes.  We have to provide a full time nanny for the kid.  Long story but it has to be this specific person. I will contact HR with her details.  John will be out Sunday I think and his fiancée and kid a week later.”

“That’s great.  So are you still on schedule to be out tomorrow?”

“Yep. Tomorrow night.”

“Great. What does Donna think?”

“Why are you asking me about Donna? She and I are no longer together.”

“I see you are still not ready to talk about it.” Or do anything about it Neil thought. He just never understood men who had the woman of their dreams but let them slip away.  He and Dru had wasted years being apart.  If he could get those back, he surely would.  He wanted to tell Justin this but changed his mind.  Obvious pining for another woman would be a slap in Sophia’s face. Even if the woman was presumed dead. She didn’t deserve that.

“Alright fine.  Can’t wait to see you man.  The family will have brunch Sunday morning at the club at 9 then go to church. I’ll see you then.  Oh yeah, Harmony will meet you at the airport.”

“Okay.  Thanks man.  Later.”

Neil hang up the phone.  He needed to call the jewelers and make sure his order was back. He wanted to give out the gifts to the family before church Sunday.  The women would love it.  He just hoped that Sophia did too.

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Olivia Barber Winters sat in her office going over the file for Ricky Williams.  As chief of staff, it was her job but she had an affinity to Ricky because of Paul.  Besides, his condition was not improving even though they had been treating him for a rare disease.  She had ordered another chest x-ray just to be sure and was expecting it sometime soon.  She heard a knock on her door.

“Come in”

“Here is the new chest x-ray for Ricky Williams.” 

“Thanks” she said standing and taking the x-ray from the nurse. She put it on the wall so that she could view it. When she saw it she held her breath.

“Oh my Dr. Winters.  That looks horrible.”

“Yes.  I need to go down right now and get him a round of antibiotics. He has pneumonia.  I can’t believe he has been here days and he hasn’t been diagnosed.”

What had Nate been doing?  Didn’t he order x-rays before now. Why had this been allowed to go on so long?  She had so many questions.  Olivia hoped that she wasn’t too late.  People died from this.  Just as she was about to run out the door her phone rang.

“Dr. Winters?” she said.

“Dr, we have news on Ricky Williams blood pressure is very low.  He has flat lined once but we got him back.  The treatment has not been working.”

“I know why.  Give him a round of antibiotics for pneumonia.  I am on my way down.”

She needed to check with Nate before she went off.  There was a high possibility that the hospital will want to investigate this. She just hoped Ricky didn’t die.

Location:  Office of Restless Style

Billy Abbot sat at his desk listening to his wife on the phone ream him out over the Restless Style website.  She was pissed because it had announced that Ashley and Tucker were divorcing.  He had told Phyllis to publish reports about the Winters’ family purchasing Bell Communications but he had explicitly told her to leave out any mention of the personal.  But obviously she hadn’t done that.

“Vikki, I didn’t approve this.  I didn’t even know she had done it.”

“But you knew she was working there and you didn’t even tell me.  How could you Billy?  How could you hire her back?  After all she did to us with Lucy.”

“Listen.  sweetie. I didn’t hire her back.  I told her that I would see if she could get a story.”

“Whatever Billy. Even that is too much.”

Lord, he was tired of explaining himself and stifling himself to make his relationship with Victoria work.  He never had to do this with Chloe.

“Honey.  Can we talk about this more when I get home? I got to go.  Bye.” He said as he hung up the phone as Phyllis walked through the door.

“I could just…” he said as he held his hang up in a strangling gesture.

“Come on Billy.  Have you seen the hits?  We can’t just sit on this stuff.” He hadn’t seen the hits. He wasn’t totally against airing family dirty laundry but he liked to give them a heads up first.

“No I haven’t seen the hits.  I don’t even know what it says.  I got the information from Vikki.  Along with a good dressing down. Now I am in the dog house.”

“All it said was that there was bad blood brewing between the Winters and McCall.  And that the divorce may have something to do with Tucker’s attraction to Harmony.”

“What? Why would you do that?  I told you she worked here.  We need her.” At that point his phone rang.  He looked at the caller ID and noticed it was Harmony.  “Ssshh, its Harmony” he said to Phyllis.

“Harmony. Doll face.  What can I do for you?”  He prayed she wasn’t going to also tell him off too.

“Hey Billy.  I just wanted to let you know I will be interviewing tonight. Hopefully I will have a name for you tomorrow.”

“Okay.  Thanks.” He wondered if he should tell her what Phyllis has written or if he should let her find out on her own. He looked at Phyllis who was holding up a picture.  He reached for it and saw a picture of the woman who was on the phone seemingly in an embrace with his soon to be ex brother in law. “Just let me know.”

“Okay. I will. Bye”

As he hung up the phone he studied it more in detail.  “When was this taken?” They appeared to be in the Chancellor Mansion living room.

“Last night. Still think I am making this up?  We have to post this.  Come on.” He couldn’t believe that Tucker had the nerve to cheat on his sister.  And Harmony, working for him while sleeping with his sister’s husband.  He felt betrayed.  He really needed to talk to Ashley to see if she was alright.

“Yeah. We should post it but let’s wait until we get a replacement for Harmony first.”

“Yes.  Does this mean I am hired?” 

Billy quickly weighed his options.  Phyllis obviously had the inside scoop and the sources needed to keep this magazine in the loop.  But Victoria would hate it.  Eh, he could talk her into it.

“Okay.  But you are on probation.”

 

Location:  Cold Winter Records Studio

Nate sat at the sound board with his cousin Devon listening to music.  With his rotations at the hospital, he didn’t get much time to hang out.  But he had a night off and Ricky Williams was being treated so for the first time in a week he could breathe easy. 

“So what do you think” Devon asked.

“I like it. It would be hot at a club. I can see everyone rushing to the floor when the DJ plays it.”

“You think.  That’s what I was going for.  A club banger.”

“Well you’ve got it cous”.  The family, especially his uncle Neil, was a little skeptical when Devon decided to major in music and minor in business. To top it off, he had turned down a job offer from a big New York firm after graduation.  But it seems that everyone had come around to supporting him.

“So have you spoken to Uncle Malcolm?”

“Yeah.  He was somewhere working on an expose.  I don’t even remember.”

“Every time he calls me, he is in a new location” Devon said.

“I wish he would come home but I know he won’t.  I get why but I still miss him.”

“Yeah me too.”

Enough about his dad.  He decided to change the subject. “So how’s your mom?  Did you see what was written on the Restless Style blog about her and Tucker?”

“No I didn’t. What did it say?” Devon said tensing up.  Nate knew that posture.  Devon was getting ready to do battle.  Its better that he tell him so that he could diffuse the situation.

“Something about them having sex and it being the reason for his divorce from Ashley”

“I’m going to kill Billy. My mom doesn’t need that crap.  Besides, she promised me it was not true.”

Nate knew that Devon had a hot temper.  He reminded him so much of his dad, Malcolm.  It was funny because people always told him that he was so much like his uncle Neil.  Maybe each brother adopted the wrong kid he thought with a laugh.

“What’s funny? Just imagine if it were Aunt Olivia they were slandering” Devon said.

“No. No. It’s not that. I am with you on Restless Style.  We should sue Billy’s ass.”

“Sue?  No.  Let’s go up there and beat him to a bloody pulp” Devon said with a sneer.

“Have anyone told you that you and my dad are two of a kind?” Nate said laughing.  He just couldn’t help it.

“Yeah. My dad says it all the time.  I consider it a compliment.” Devon said rising ready to head up to confront Billy.

“It also said that there was some feud going on between your two dads.” Nate said in hopes of distracting Devon.  Not that he wasn’t willing to deliver a punch to the face of Billy Abbot. He just didn’t feel like having to call someone to bail them out of jail if it came to that.

“Nate. I only have one dad. Let’s make that clear.”

“You don’t have to tell me. I totally understand.” He understood how his cousin felt. Malcolm was the only father he had ever known being that his biological father had died when he was really young. He continued, “Let’s wait.  Be smart about this.  Besides, my dad’s not in town.  Do you want to call your dad to come to the station and bail us out cause I sure don’t.”

“We’ll call Lily.  She would do it.”

“And Lily will tell it at Sunday brunch.  You know she has always had a mouth that leaks like a basket.”

“True” Devon said sitting back down. “Billy better be glad that we don’t have proper back up.  Damn I miss my uncle.”

“Me too man.   Me too.”

“Enough about me.  How’s work?”

The one thing that Nate didn’t want to talk about. “It’s okay.  Still don’t know what is wrong with Ricky Williams.  I thought it was this rare disease but the tests came back negative.  He was stable when I left the hospital so…”

“Well, that’s why being a doctor is considered a practice.  It’s not an exact science.”

This is why he loved his cousin.  He knew exactly what to say to him to make him feel better. “Hey, let’s go out tonight” Nate said.

“Yeah.  Why not?  I have nothing better to do since Roxy is still gone.”

“Foxy Roxy.  Is she enjoying her trip?” He couldn’t help himself.  Roxy was a fox. But then so was her sister Tamara.  He didn’t know what his cousin was waiting on to marry her.  If he continued to snooze, he would lose.

  “Hey hey.  Watch it.  She’s my fox.”

“What are you waiting on to make it official?”  He just had to ask.

“I think we are in a good place.  I don’t want to rock that boat.  Besides, I am not ready.  I am still trying to build my career.”

“I feel you.  But you need to just make sure she feels you.”

“Heck no.  I am not going to bring it up. It might give her ideas” Devon said wide eyed.

Once again Nate laughed. Devon was clueless.

“What?” Devon asked.

“Cous. I am 100% positive that she already has the idea. Now, I am a few years older than you. I know these things.  Trust me.  It’s best for you if you bring it up so that she will know you have thought about it. If not, she’ll think you aren’t really serious about her.”

“I know Roxy. If she had the idea I would have known by now.  Trust me. She is happy with the way things are.”

“Okay bro.  We shall see.”

“Why are you wishing this upon me?”

“I’m not. I’m really-“

Before, he could get it out the door opened.

“Angelina. Kevin.  Where the hell have you been” his cousin screamed.

 

 

 

Cast Photos by Diva58
Author's Notes:

Only original characters and recasts will have cast photos.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Episode 6 by Diva58

Episode 6

Time: Same day of Last episode, Evening

Location:  Office of Restless Style

Harmony sat at her desk watching the young man leave.  She had just interviewed him for the position at Restless Style.  He was intelligent and seemed to understand the importance of using the appointment books.  And of course he got points for that.  Working a job and a half was finally starting to take its toll on her.  Although she was getting more than enough sleep and taking her vitamins, she felt tired still.  She was hungry because she hadn’t eaten anything since her lunch with Devon. She also had a head ache.  And to top it off, her feet were hurting from wearing these darn heels all day.  She was supposed to have dinner with Tucker tonight but at this rate she didn’t think she would be able to make it.  She looked at the clock and realized that her last appointment was running late.  It was a shame really because that lady was the one she was banking on hiring.  Her phone rang.   It was probably her next interviewee calling to reschedule. 

“Hello”

“Darlin” Her pulse raced as she sat up straighter at the sound of his voice.

“Tucker” she said breathlessly.

“The one and only.  Just confirming for tonight.”

“Well.”

“Come on.  I know you’re not going to cancel on me.”  He said playfully.  But there was a certain something in his tone that let her know he was serious.

“I’m sorry.  But I am still at Restless Style interviewing for my old position.  I had one more person to speak with but it seems that they are running late.”

“Well, maybe they won’t show.”

“Maybe not.  But I am really tired.”

“Tired?  You know, I am beginning to think that you are afraid to spend time with me.”

“Ha.  Please.  Why should I be afraid of you,” she said.

“You tell me why I can’t see you tonight then.  The real reason.”  The real reason what the she told Devon that she would not get involved with Tucker.  And just from hearing his voice over the phone she was getting excited.  It wasn’t that she was afraid.  She was just cautious.  It was preventive measures.

“Alright.  But first tell me why it’s so important to you that I do.” She hoped by putting him on the defensive, she could distract him.

“You know why”, he said.  His voice even deeper than before.

“I am going to need you to spell it out for me.” She challenged him.  Knowing Tucker he would tell her exactly what she doesn’t need to hear.  That he wanted her.  She just didn’t know if she would able to say no if he pursued her.

Before he could do so, the elevator door opened and a young woman walked off. 

“I am here to see Harmony” she said.

“I will be with you in one moment.  I need to finish this call.”

“Hey” she whispered. “I have to go.  The lady just arrived.  I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Okay.” And hung up the phone without allowing Tucker a word.

Location:  Donna Logan Barber’s house in LA

Donna stood in her closet wondering what to wear to her husband’s going away party.  No, ex-husband, she corrected herself.  She needed to look her best in hopes that it would give her confidence.  Something she needed very badly tonight.  She didn’t know how she would get through the night without bursting into tears.  She knew that there would be quite a few people there including her son with Justin and their granddaughter. She still couldn’t believe he was leaving. Part of her wanted to beg him to stay.  But the other part knew it was in his best interest to go.   She had to put on a good face for her family. If her sisters knew how hurt she really was, they would endlessly hover over her.  She just couldn’t handle all that attention. 

She decided on her favorite red dress. It was fitted and the hem line finished at the knee.  The dress had one shoulder strap that was ruffled while the other should was bare.  It was a dress in which she always felt good.  And she knew Justin had always liked her in it too. She took the dress off the hanger and headed to the bathroom to get dressed so that she could say goodbye to her husband. 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Chloe wondered where Billy was.  He was supposed to be here an hour ago so that they could finalize plans for the party tomorrow. She really didn’t need him to do it but he had insisted that he wanted to be involved.  So she had relented and accepted his help. But of course now he was flaking out. Men. Do what they want when they want.  Whatever.

It took everything in her not to call Billy and tell him off.  She would let this go.  She refused to play a harpy with him anymore.  Regardless of how much he deserved to be told off.  She was not going to do it.  He had made a habit of making her out to be the bad guy for speaking the truth and this was one time would not play that role.

She looked up to see Jill walk into the living room.

“Hey Chloe.”

“Hey”

“Where’s Billy.  I thought he was supposed to be here helping you.”

“Well, you know Billy.”

“Yes I do.  But he knows how important this party is to Delia. Something important must have come up.”

“Maybe.  But he still could have called and said something.”

At that moment, Nina came into the room.

“Hi.” Nina said. Jill rolled her eyes at the greeting and began pouring herself a drink.

“Hey Nina.”

“How’s the party planning? Need some help. I’d be more than overjoyed to help out tomorrow.”

“Thanks.  That would be great.” Chloe said out loud. 

“Of course. It’s a big day for Delia.”  Nina said with a huge smile.

“At least someone understands that” Chloe said under her breath.

“Why the hell are you so happy Nina” Jill asked Nina abruptly.

“Well,  I wanted it to be a surprise but Chance is coming home.”

“He is?” Jill said astonished. “I thought he had his heart set on re-enlisting.”

“He did.  But apparently he couldn’t get a medical clearance.  They told him no.”  Nina said with glee.

“Oh no.  He’ll be crushed” Chloe said. She knew how much being a soldier had meant to Chance.  He had seemed so unfulfilled the last time he tried being a civilian.  Even a job as cop didn’t help that.

“It’s for the best Chloe,” Nina said. “And when he gets here please don’t start in on him about that mess with Heather.”

“I had no intention of reliving that.  Thank you” Chloe said aloud.  “How dare Nina tell her what she could say,” she thought.  She really had no intention of discussing that time in her life again.  She had been engaged to Chance after her marriage to Billy ended.  But he had cheated on her with Heather Stevens, the DA.  Heather had recently left town in disgrace over some photos of her and Adam Newman in Restless Style. Good riddance. In her opinion, if Heather was not such a tramp, she wouldn’t have gotten caught with her panties down.

“Ha. That’s a first, ” Jill said astonished.

“What does that mean,” Chloe asked.

“Come on Chloe.  When have you ever missed out on a self pity party?” Jill said.

“You’re one to talk Jill.” Nina said.

“Ladies” Kay said as she walked in.  “Stop this bickering. I can’t deal with it right now.”

“I spoke to Chance.  He is coming home,” Nina said.

“That’s great news” said Kay with a knowing smile.

“Oh my god. I know that look. What did you do?  How is it that you decide you want Chance to come home then, like magic, he appears.” Jill said.

“What are you accusing me of?  I can’t control the military” Kay said as she looked from Jill and narrowed her eyes at Nina.

“I hope you haven’t taking my grandsons’ dream from him all because you have it in your head that he should be here.”

“I thank you not to make such accusation. And please don’t do so in Chance’s hearing when he arrives.” Kay said pointing her finger.

Jill scoffed and turned back around towards the bar to make herself another drink.

“Where is Harmony?” Kay asked.  “She is usually here by now.”

“Well she is obviously not in any of our purses,” Jill said.

“Oh grow up Jill,” said Nina. “I think she said that she had to do some interviews for her position at Restless Style.”

“What.  She is still working there after that blog piece that came out?” Chloe said shocked.

 “Maybe she doesn’t know,” Nina said. “I know I didn’t tell her.”

“Well someone should” Chloe said.  No one should be the last the know anything that pertained to their life.  She would make a point of telling her so.  Of course, she hadn’t mentioned it to Tucker either. Well, she really didn’t have a chance yet.

“I don’t know what Billy was thinking. I am really going to have a talk with him about this.  It’s not just Harmony, but Ashley too.  How could he draw attention to her like that?” Jill said.

“Well, it’s just gossip. I don’t think it is that big of a deal.  Tucker is used to being in the rags.  And Harmony should get used to it as well. It’s not like he had pictures of them on a nude beach making out or anything.  A few lines about a divorce and chemistry between two people are nothing,” Chloe said.  And in her opinion it was nothing. 

At that moment Esther came in to announce dinner.

 

Location:  Neil Winter’s Apartment

Neil walked into his apartment after the long day at work.  Things had been going well at Bell.  One of their biggest hurdles with John Jacobs had been overcome thanks to Justin.  Now he just wanted to hold his son and unwind. 

“Hey Sophia,” he said as he walked into the door. Maybe she wasn’t home he thought.  Or maybe she was in the shower and didn’t hear him call her name.

He went into the nursery and didn’t find Moses in his crib.  So they obviously wasn’t home.  He would give them about 30 more minutes before he called to check up on them.  In meantime, he decided he might as well get comfortable and start dinner.

He walked into his closet and noticed one side totally empty. All Sophia’s clothes were gone. He ran out of his room and back into the nursery.  He opened the drawers and Moses clothes were gone too.

He was shocked.  He grabbed his phone and dialed Sophia’s number who answered on the first ring.

“Neil” she sounded nervous.

“Sophia. Where are you?” He said calmly.  Although he wanted to yell at the top of his lungs, it wouldn’t get him anywhere.

“I am back at my own apartment.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to do this over the phone.  I had planned on being there when you got home from work but time got away from me.  I’m sorry.”

“Okay.  I will come over.”

“Okay. Bye.”

Neil was livid.  How dare she take his son and move out.

 

 

 

Location:  Office of Restless Style

Tucker couldn’t believe that Harmony had the nerve to hang the phone up in is face after canceling their date.  She obviously was accustomed to dealing with weak men.  Men who let a few no’s stand in the way of what they wanted.  That was not him.  He didn’t get where he was today by allowing people to walk all over him.  Not even Harmony and her tight, rounded, perfect ass. So, he had told his driver to bring him to Restless Style. Harmony seemed good at saying no over the phone.  The question was would she be able to say no to his face.  He doubted it.  But knowing her she just might.  She was just as strong willed as their son.

Tucker had thought to stop off at Devon’s studio on the way up but changed his mind since he had already spoken to him today.  Besides, he didn’t want the inquisition about Harmony or his intentions.  At the moment, they were good.  But he knew himself very well.  His attraction to Harmony could turn those intentions bad very quickly. 

The elevator doors opened just as Harmony was shaking hands with the young lady she was interviewing.  They both looked towards him when they heard the door open.  The lady gave a small smile but Harmony did not smile at all.  She frowned and her eyes narrowed.  Even from this distance he noticed the slight flaring of her nostrils as she took a deep breath.  She was annoyed. “good” he thought to himself. “at least now I am not the only one.”

“Thank you for coming.  I will have to speak with Billy Abbot about the candidates. You should hear something from him in a couple of days.”

“Thank you Miss Hamilton.” The other lady said as she walked off.  She looked him in the eye and smiled again as she walked past him. 

When the elevator door closed Harmony gave him her full attention. “I can’t believe you just showed up here.” She said as she raised both hands shoulder high with the palms up.

“You didn’t think that I would give up that easily.”  She needed to learn that she couldn’t just blow him off.  He was not that kind of guy.

“ Mick, I can’t spar with you right now. My day has been way too long. Besides, I am too tired to drive all over town.“

“I tell you what.  We will leave your car here and you can ride with me.  I will have your car delivered to you tonight. Besides, you had obviously planned on going.  You’re already dressed for it.” He said with smirk as he let his eyes roam from her face to her feet and back up.  She was wearing a form fitting maroon dress that stopped just at her knee.  It had a v-cut neckline that showed off her ample cleavage with rhinestones on each shoulder.  She was also wearing a pair of nude colored platform stilletoes that made her at least 5 inches taller.  Her brown curls were parted on one side and hanging prettily.  She looked very sexy.

“I am not dressed to go out.  I wore this to work.  I had planned on changing clothes.”  If she wore that to work he wondered what she had planned to wear out.  And who was she dressing like this for in her office anyway.  He had already warned her about Winters once.  He would not do so again. 

“We can eat in at home.  My private chef will cook whatever you want.”

Her eyes lit up with that. So he continued, “Let me just give him a call with your request.  Tell me what you want”

“How about stuffed bell peppers.  I love those.”

“Stuffed bell peppers it is.”  He called his chef to put in the request.

“All right sweetheart, let’s go.”

“Okay”

 

Location:  Marcus Barber’s car

Marcus held his girlfriend Dayzee King’s hand as he drove to out to his aunt’s house for a going away party for his dad. He noticed that every now and again she would look in the back seat to check on his daughter Rosie.  He knew how lucky he was to have someone like Dayzee in his life.  She accepted Rosie in a way that some women would never do.  He often times thought that she wished she was Rosie’s mother.  But that titled belonged to Amber Moore.  She wasn’t a bad person like people made her out to be.  She really was just misunderstood.

“So do you think your mom with be here,” Dayzee asked.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t see?”

“I don’t know.  I just get the feeling sometimes that she is having a hard time with the divorce.”

“Nah.  She’s fine.  They parted as friends.”

“Or so they want us all to believe.  I am not sure I buy that story they gave as their reason for the divorce. They felt like more friends that husband and wife.”

“Well, it’s possible.  Look at me and Amber.  We’re friends.”

“Uhm Marcus.  Amber would give anything to be with you. She just knows that she doesn’t have a prayer in hell of making that happen.”

“So what are you saying?  That my mom still wants to be with my dad.”

“I don’t know. It’s just a vibe I get from them both.  They seem so tortured.”

“Uhm hum. Well. Speaking of tortured. Do you know if Thomas is going to be here tonight.” Thomas Forrester was Dayzee’s ex-boyfriend.  And Marcus could tell that he still wanted her.  But there was no way that was going to happen.

“No.  You know I don’t talk to him unless I see him at Dayzee’s.” 

That was the answer he wanted to here.  He smiled at her as he kissed the back of her hand.

“So,  how do you feel about your father moving to Genoa City.  I know it has to bother you.”

“I am really going to miss him, you know.  But I think this is good for him.  Besides, it gives me somewhere to go visit.  I have cousins there which I haven’t seen since they visited to meet me when Justin found out I was his son.  We talk on the phone and e-mail but it’s not the same.”

“Yeah. I have cousins that I don’t get to see too.  I miss them.”

“Well, maybe when I go out to visit my dad, I will take you with me so that you can see your cousins.”

“That would be nice.”

 

Location:  Victoria and Billy Abbot’s House

Billy loved Victoria but she just didn’t understand him.  He couldn’t believe that he was being forced to explain to her again about Phyllis’ blog.

“Vikki. Listen.  It’s not like it was a negative piece. It was just stating facts.”

“Billy, did you ask Ashley’s permission to tell her business.”

“No” Of course he had not being that he didn’t even know anything about it until after the fact. “But in my defense, I didn’t write the piece.”

“Why would you hire Phyllis back?  You know she’s a loose cannon.”

“The same reason your brother is back with her.  She’s good at what she does.”

Victoria narrowed her eyes.

“That probably wasn’t the smartest thing to say” he thought.

“Listen Vikki,” he said putting his arms around her and pulling her into an embrace. “Phyllis has contacts that I don’t have.  She can get the dirt better than any else I know.  And she is not afraid of the back lash from publishing it either.  I won’t be able to find that in just anyone.”

Just as she was about to respond his phone rang.  He answered it at the same time the doorbell rang.

“Hello,” he said as Vikki walked towards the door.

“Billy. Where are you?” Jill said through line.

“At home ma,” he said as Vikki opened the door.

“Why. Chloe is waiting on you….” His attention drifted from the phone to the door as he heard a familiar voice say “Hi. Is Billy home?”

He walked to the door as Jill continued to talk “…You really need to get it together Billy. “ He had no idea what she had said before that. When he made it to Vikki’s side his heart dropped. “Mom, let me call you back. Bye,” he said and hung up the phone. “What the hell are you doing here?” This woman was the person who set him up when he had left town over losing Lucy.  He had been in a prison for months before he was found.

“Liam. I see you haven’t forgotten about me,” the woman at the door said.

“Stay away from me and my family. Now get off my porch.” Billy reached for the door to close it. Before he could, she opened her coat to reveal a very noticeable baby bump.  His heart dropped.

 

Location:  Sophia Winter’s Apartment

Sophia heard the doorbell ring and knew it was Neil.  She had debated for the last couple of weeks on what to do about her relationship with Neil.  She cared for him and wanted to make a home for Moses but she deserved more than this.  She wanted a marriage and not a friendship. 

She opened the door and Neil walked in past her.

“Sophia” he said calmly but she knew he was extremely angry. 

“Neil. Hi. I know you must be shocked.”

“Hhhm.  Shocked is not the word I would use to describe how I am feeling.”

“Angry then.”

“Yes, I am very angry.  Imagine coming home to find that your wife has packed up herself and your child and left.”

“Okay. I get it.” She wanted to remain calm but his attitude was pissing her off.  It’s not like things between them were so great. “But you had to have seen this coming.”

“No I didn’t actually.  I thought we were getting along well.”

“Getting along well.” She thought.  Who uses words like that to describe the relations of newlyweds. “Yes Neil.  We do get along well. But that is the problem. Isn’t it,” she said.

“What do you mean,” Sophia.

“I mean that we are newlyweds.  But I feel more like we are friends.  And not even close friends at that.”

“I thought we had something good here.” Neil said.

Was he serious? This was not good.

“Neil.  Admit it. This is not how a marriage should be. You have been married before.  Tell me that this is what it felt like,” she begged.

“Sophia. Sweety,” he said.  “Every marriage is different. No two will ever be alike.”

“I know that.  But I am not comparing it to another marriage. I am comparing it to a standard.  There are certain things I expect. And I am not getting that.”

“Is this about sex? I know that we haven’t consummated…”

“No Neil” she cut him off. She didn’t want him to even think that she was some desperate woman acting out because her husband didn’t sleep with her.  Truth be told, it dawned on her that she didn’t want to sleep with Neil. “It’s not that. You and I are not just meant to be in that way.  I thought I would give it a try for Moses but it is not working.  And if you were honest with yourself, you would see it.”

“I don’t see it.  We are making a family for our son. Everything else is just noise to me.”

She needed to just lay it out there. “Neil, I want an annulment.”

“Why?”

“I just finished telling you why.”

“I don’t want that. I want to come home to my son every day.”

“Yeah. I know.  But do you want to come home to his mother.” She could tell that the question gave him pause. “Because I have found that I don’t want to come home to his father.” She couldn’t help herself.  At that moment the tears started to flow down her face.  How did her life get so messed up?

Neil being ever the gentleman, even in anger, wrapped his arms around her.  “Don’t cry please.”

“I’m sorry. You don’t know how much I agonized over this.  I would do anything for my son.  But I think we both deserve and opportunity to meet someone that we feel something more than affection for.”  She felt him sigh as she lay her head against his chest.

“Okay.  But we need to work out an arrangement.  I don’t like you two living all the way on the other side of town.”

“What do you suggest?”

“There is an apartment opening in my building.  Why don’t you two move over there and I can see Moses anytime I want.  And you can have your own space.”

“And the annulment” she asked.

“Let’s hold off on that for now.”

“No. Please. Let’s do it now.”  She needed to do it while she was still strong enough to walk away. 

“Okay”

“Thanks.”

 I will get the ball rolling. Now,” he said tipping her face up so that he could look into her eyes, “can I see my son before I go.”

“Of course you can.  You’re his father. You can see him whenever you want.  That will never change.” And she meant it.  She knew the sacrifice Neil was making in letting her walk away without taking her to court for custody.  

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s Limousine

Harmony could not believe she was in Tucker’s car headed to his house to have dinner.  She had decided earlier that she was not going to go.  But when he showed up looking like someone out of Uptown Magazine and offered her a choice of whatever she wanted, how could she say no.  He was sitting next to her.  Not too close but she could still feel his body heat and smell his cologne.  He kept looking at her smiling.  Now she knew where Devon got that twinkle he gets in his eyes whenever he has his way.  Tucker was sporting it right now. 

“Do you generally get your way” she asked noticing his attire.

He was wearing a navy blue tailored suit. With a light blue dress shirt and blue and grey striped tie.  One thing she had noticed over the past couple of weeks is that Tucker really knew how to wear a suit.  He was just too gorgeous for words.

“Generally, yes.  Is that going to be a problem?” He said as he looked at her thoughtfully.

“Why would it be a problem for me?”

He raised an eyebrow and said with smirk “Because that means that unless we are of like minds, you probably won’t be getting yours very often.” 

She couldn’t help but laugh at that.  This man was so arrogant.  No wonder he and Ashley were divorcing.

“Is that why you and Ashley broke up?”

“No.  Ashley and I didn’t have a problem with that.  Before we made it official, I explained to her that I was set in my ways.  How I rolled is how I rolled.  She agreed to that.  So no, we never had those kinds of disagreements.”

Harmony hoped that she didn’t looks as astonished as she felt.  What woman agreed to that mess?  She knew she never would. “I see”.

“Meaning?”

“Meaning that Ashley is a better woman than me” was the only way to respond.  She didn’t want to judge another woman.  Or talk bad about her in front of Tucker.  She hated when women did that.  It always just seemed so self serving.

“Meaning we will have a problem with that” he enquired.

“Uhm, no. We won’t. I don’t have to deal with you like that.  I am not your wife.” She said as she felt the car slow down.  She looked at Tucker and noticed him studying her.

“You’re right.  You’re not. But you are the mother of my child.   That is something far more important than just a wife.” He said calmly as he stared her in the eyes. 

That was not the answer she expected.  Before she could formulate a reply, the car stopped and the door was opened by the driver.  Tucker got out and reached his hand in to help her out.  She placed her hand in his and felt a shock go through her body.  His hand was warm and slightly rough against her palm.  She wondered how it would feel against the rest of her skin.  Back in the day, it had felt great to have him touch her finally.  As a virgin, she had held out as long as she could.  But curiosity and her love for Mick had gotten the best of her. 

When she stood, he didn’t release her hand as expected.  They headed for the front entrance of the building holding hands.  She was sure that if anyone saw them, they would think that they were an item.  She tugged slightly on her hand hoping Tucker would let it go.  But he only grasped it more firmly.

“Tucker please.   Someone might see us and misunderstand” She pleaded.

“Misunderstand what?”

“You’re still married and I don’t want to be branded as a home wrecker.  I am already being called a gold digger.”

“The divorce is final. So I am single and you are single.”

“But still. I don’t want Devon thinking something that is not true. Besides, what makes you think I am single?” she teased him. He was really assuming.  He did not know for sure.

He stopped in is tracks and she almost bumped into him, “What?” He said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes as he squeezed her hand unconsciously.

“I may not be single.”

“Are you single?”  She noticed him holding his breath.

“Yes”

He began walking again. He opened the front door to his house as he said, “I think you like messing with me”

“A little bit.  Your arrogance is just too much sometimes.”

“You’ll get used to it.” He said with a smile.

“Let me make this clear.  I will NEVER get used to it. “ 

“We’ll see. Now let’s eat.”

 

Location:  Bill and Katie Spencer’s Beach House

Bill and Justin arrived at the house with the party in full swing.  They had  a few loose ends to tie up at work due to Justin leaving tomorrow afternoon.

“Hey party people.  The man of honor has arrived,” Bill said as he walked through the door.

Justin followed him in with a smile on his face.  “Hey everybody,” he said as he walked in.

Everyone in the room clapped and began coming up to him one by one for congratulations.

His son Marcus came up last. “Pop, I am really going to miss you.” He said as he hugged him. “I am going to miss you too son.  Now you know that if ever you want to leave Forrester or want a change of scenery, there will always be a position for you at Bell. The family has already been asking me about you coming.  But I told them I wouldn’t pressure you.  That you were happy here.”

“Thanks Pop. But you just never know what the future hold so…”

“Yeah.  So is your mother here?” he asked his son.  He had discreetly looked around the room when he first arrived but didn’t see her.

“Oh yeah.  She is in the kitchen with Aunt Katie.”

“Oh okay.”

Justin decided to seek her out now and get it over with.  He didn’t want there to be tension in the air all night. But just as he was about to head that way he heard Bill start a toast.

“Thank you everyone for coming.  This is a bittersweet moment for me.  As you all know.  Justin has been my right hand since we graduated from college. He has been with me every step of the way at Spencer.  I know that I am sometimes a difficult boss and an even more difficult friend.  But he stuck with me.  And for that I am grateful. And now he is branching out on his own.  It would be selfish of me to not be happy for him.  And although I am a selfish man, I fathom myself at least a decent friend. So I will at least feign happiness.  So let’s raise our glasses to say goodbye to my boy. I am going to miss you man.”

“Same here,” Justin said. “ Same here.”

Justin took a sip of his champagne and turned once again towards the kitchen in an effort to talk to Donna.  He saw her standing in the doorway.  She had obviously come out during the toast. 

“She looked beautiful as usual,” he thought as he approached her.  He noticed the tears in her eyes as he got closer.  He couldn’t help but smile.  She was always so sentimental.

“Thank you for coming,” he said.

“As if I would miss it,” Donna said with a smile.

“Well, I didn’t know.  Things have been so difficult between us lately.”

“I’m sorry.  I know I am mostly to blame for that.”

“No, I think we both share the blame. Anyway, I am going to miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too.  And I promise to e-mail you a picture at least once a day of our granddaughter.”

“I’m going to hold you to that.”  One of the things he hated about this move was not seeing his little Rosie when he wanted. 

“Justin, I just want to tell you something before I lose my nerve.”

“Okay.  What is it?” He said curiously.  He needed to leave. He was dedicated to this new business venture. He just hoped that she didn’t say anything that would make him want to stay.

“Not here.  Let’s go into the bedroom for some privacy.” 

He followed her down the hallway and into the bedroom.  She walked in as he hovered in the doorway.  She turned and said, “I love you. I mean, I am still in love with you.  And I know it doesn’t change anything but I just wanted you to know.”

“I know that.  And I love you two Donna. But we obviously want different things.  Which I have finally made peace with.”

“It’s not that we want different things Justin.  It’s just that I am afraid.” She said as she started to cry.

He stepped into the room and stopped in front of her.  “This woman really knows how to push my buttons” Justin thought.  He reached out a hand and cupped her jaw.  “Hey, look at me,” he said.

She raised her eyes to meet his.  “Tell me what you are afraid of sweetheart,” he asked. 

“I am afraid of raising a child alone.  It’s the main reason that I haven’t had any more kids since Marcus. My dad abandoned us when we were young. You know that.”

“Yes I know that”, he said as he rubbed his thumb back and forth against the skin of her jaw.

“So what if you decide that you don’t want me.  Or that raising a child is not what you really want.”

He was shocked that Donna would think that he could walk away from her or their child. “Donna, do you really think that is the kind of man that I am?”

“No.  I don’t but this fear is beyond that. I was thinking that maybe I should see someone about it.”

“I agree that you should.”

“I don’t want you to think I am doing this to keep you tied to me or anything.  I just want you to understand that me not wanting to have a baby wasn’t just something I was telling you.  It’s deeper than that.”  Donna looked so vulnerable.  Justin wished he could take that look out of her eyes but he couldn’t.

“I wish I could make this better for you but I can’t.  And I can’t sit around waiting on it to get better.  I want more children.  Besides, we will be a plane ride away from each other. Unless-“

“No.  I couldn’t leave Marcus and Rosie.  Not now at least.  Maybe if Rosie was older.  You know they need me.”

“So do I,” he screamed in his head.  But he wouldn’t pressure her.  These were decisions she needed to make on her own.  “You know. We really need to talk some more before I leave.  But I don’t really think this is the place.  How about I come by your house later and we can finish,” he asked.  He really didn’t want this to be their last conversation before he left.

“No.  That’s not a good idea. I think we have said it all. I just wanted you to know that I wasn’t just saying no because I didn’t want your baby.”

He dropped his hand from her cheek and took a step back.  “Well.  Okay then.  I guess I will head back out. Bye.”

“Bye” She said and turned away from him. 

He wanted so badly to hold her again.  To chase away her demons.  But he couldn’t do that. Donna had already cost him so much in his life.  He refused to allow himself to lose out on the possibility of another child. So he turned and walked away.

 

 

Episode 7 by Diva58

 

Episode 7

Time: Same day of Last episode, Late Evening

 

Location:  Victoria and Billy Abbot

Billy couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Chelsea was standing before him pregnant. He gave a silent prayer to every deity he could think of that she wasn’t here to tell him that this child was his.

 

“Yes Billy this is your baby” Chelsea said.  It was the one thing he did not want to hear.  He was scared to look Victoria’s way. He didn’t think he could handle anymore disappointment in her eyes tonight. Especially not stemming from something of this magnitude.

 

“You’re lying.”

“I am not. Didn’t you tell your wife about our time together?”

“Yeah I did.  I told her about how you set me up with those drugs.”

“Those were your drugs Liam. Which is why you were arrested for them.  And not me.”

“You know what.  Get the hell out of my house now.”

“Fine. But I will be back.”

After Chelsea walked herself out and closed the door.  He turned to Vikki was silently crying. He reached out to touch her shoulders but she shrank away from him.  How could he make her understand this?

“Vikki, let me explain.”

“I don’t want to hear it Billy.  I really don’t”

“So is this going to be like last time.  You’re just going to turn your back on me when times get tough.” After they lost Lucy, Vikki hadn’t been able to stand the sight of him and had gone running back to her father Victor Newman who hated him. “I thought we had learned something from that but obviously not. You gonna go running back to daddy too.”

“How dare you? Get out Billy.  I can’t deal with this right now.”

“Fine. I have to go over to mom’s and help Chloe put the finishing touches on DeDe’s party. But I will be back.  Don’t give up on me. Please.”

“Goodbye” she mumbled as she ran up the stairs.

 

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s House

Tucker sat across from Harmony attempting to eat his dinner.  He had wanted to take her out somewhere but this was even better.  This way he could talk to her about their past and see if he could remember her.  Try as he might, he couldn’t take his eyes off of her lips as she put the fork in her mouth for bite after bite.  Each time she would close her eyes and give a low soft moan.  He was in a fierce battle with his arousal and was losing rapidly.  He vowed that he wouldn’t sleep with her tonight. That spending time with her was about getting to know her.

“mmmm,” she said.  The moan went straight to his loins.

“Is it good darling?”

She turned her head slightly to the left and raised her right shoulder.  “Yes,” she said with a slight smile with her eyes closed.  She opened her eyes to pick up another piece.  She closed her eyes once again.

“mmmm,” she said again and his body reacted the same way it did previously.

He hadn’t even noticed but that was her last bite.  He thanked his maker because he didn’t want to embarrass himself when he stood up.

“Would you like some more.”

“No thank you.”

 “ Great,” he thought. He wanted to talk but he didn’t want to disturb her meal.

He stood and grabbed her hand as he walked over to the couch and sat down.  He intentionally sat in the middle so that she would have to sit close to him. He wanted her to get use to him, being near him, and being touched by him.  With all his dealings with women he knew how to make them feel comfortable.  And it seemed to be working. 

“Would you like to listen to some music?” he asked.

“I am not sure I have the time. It’s kind of late. And I am so sleepy.  I don’t want to fall asleep on you”

He looked at his watch. It was only 9 pm.  “It’s not that late.  Besides, you don’t have to drive home.”

“Okay. I can stay for a little while”.  He tried not to smile in triumph but from the way she rolled her eyes, he must have not succeeded.

“You really are used to getting your way,” she said as she reached down to take off her shoes. 

He got up and went to the CD player to play some of the old music of the bands he used to manage.

“Oh wow.” She said as he returned to sit back down. “I haven’t heard this in forever.”

He noticed her flexing her toes so he lifted her feet into his lap as she lay back into the corner of the couch.  Her toes were painted bright pink and were as perfect as the rest of her.  He began to massage her arch in her right foot.

“mmmm,” she moaned and his body responded.  “What was it with this woman and her moans,” he thought.  They were working his libido overtime. She arched her back and unwittingly pushed her breast forward.  And that was all it took.  He was now fully aroused. 

“So tell me darlin.  Why didn’t you come to me about being pregnant?” She didn’t even flinch at the question.  Just kept her eyes closed and back arched with her perfect breast on display. She must be very relaxed.  He had achieved his goal then.

“I told you…mmmm…I was afraid to tell you so I told Ruben.”

“Why were you afraid of me? Was I that bad back then?”

“No.  It wasn’t you…mmmm. It was me.  I guess I didn’t value myself that much then..mmmm…I was shy.”

“I can’t imagine you as shy.”

“Oh I was…mmmm…I didn’t date a lot. And you had all those girls around you…mmmm…I felt kinda used too.  I gave you my virginity and…” His heart dropped.  He didn’t hear anything else she said after that because his mind was flooded with memories of the past. Although he had slept with many women, only one had been a virgin.  His Songbird.  She had been so sweet and giving.  He hadn’t even known she was a virgin until right before he entered her.  But it didn’t surprise him to find out.  He had genuinely liked her as a person but he had his career to think about so there was no way he was ready to have the type of relationship he felt she deserved.  So afterwards, he had kept his distance.  He remembered the pain in her eyes when she realized that he had no intention of taking what they shared further.  And one day she stopped coming around.  Although it had bothered him, he felt it was for the best.  All that wide eyed innocence was bound to get in the way. He came back to the present and focused on Harmony who was still talking.

“My low self-esteem is why I started drugs.  And the reason I couldn’t kick the habit. But along the way to loving myself, I learned a lot. I am in a good place right now.  I don’t think I have ever felt this good about myself before.”

As she spoke, he could see it now.  The dimples, the soulful eyes, the flawless skin.  His songbird.  He opened his mouth to speak but he couldn’t find his voice.  That was odd.  It had never happened to him before. He tried again.

“I’m sorry Songbird.”

At the sound of the endearment she sat straight up and looked at him.

“What did you say?”

“I said I was sorry.”

“And what did you call me?” He knew then. The look of surprise said it all.  It was her. His Songbird.

“Songbird.” He noticed her eyes watering. “Don’t cry,” he said as he reached out with both hands, grasped her shoulders, and pulled her closer. When she didn’t protest, he pulled her onto his lap. 

“Don’t cry,” he said again as his hands travelled from her shoulder to around her waist.  Tucker couldn’t believe how incredible she felt in his arms.  She just fit there.  It felt so natural.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that the name brings back so many memories.”

“I know.  For me too.  I remember missing you when you left. I thought you had left because I was keeping my distance.”

“Well that was part of it,” she said as she looked up at him with those same eyes that he remembered.

“And the other part was that you were carrying our child. How stupid was I? I knew you loved me.  I could see it in your eyes.” She closed her eyes when he said that.  Did she think he could still read her feelings there? He wondered.

“Well I can see why you wouldn’t want to be saddled with me and a child.  You were trying to build a career in the music business and that’s hard.” She kept her eyes closed as her head hung down. He still sat with his arms circling her waist and hands resting on her side.  “So you do remember me? I thought that you didn’t,” she said with her voice cracking.

“I thought that I didn’t but some things you said just now reminded me of who you are. I am sorry it took me so long to place you.” Although she looked different, where it really mattered she had not changed at all.  She was still so understanding.  Almost to a fault. He had hurt her in one of the worst possible ways and yet she was making excuses for him.  He ran his hand from her knee up the outside of her thigh.  Taking the hem of her dress with it. As he stroked back down to her knee, Tucker was shocked to find that his hand shook.

“mmmmm,” she moaned and trembled slightly. She was just as aroused as he was.  Now he was sure that was what he was smelling the other night at the Collonade room.   He detected the same sweet yet musky scent in the air now.  He wanted her so bad and had thought that he hadn’t felt this all-consuming need before.  But how wrong he was.  He had.  It was approximately 24 years ago.   With this very same woman. 

He then turned her to face him so that she was straddling him with her knees bent and legs resting flat against the couch on each side of his thighs.  Not close enough so that she would be sitting on his erection but close enough that he could feel the heat coming from her.  He put her hands around his neck and circled her waist with his arms while resting his hands on the small of her back. 

“Look at me,” he said.  She raised her head and her teary gaze met his.  He wanted her to understand that it was not her.  That it was him.  “You were as perfect then as you are now. I was just not ready for the kind of relationship that you deserved.”

“I know that now,” she said with a weak smile.

He took his right hand from her waist and ran the tips of his fingers down the side of her face. “For what it’s worth, I do regret the choices that I made back then. There were times that I wish I had been ready and thought I had lost out on the one woman that truly did care for me. And not just my money.  I thought about you for a long time. But then I got caught up in work and moved on. I’m sorry.”

“It’s water under the bridge.” Her lips trembled as she smiled and continued to stare into his eyes. “It’s the past. Let’s leave it there.”

He looked down at her lips. He promised himself that he wasn’t going to do this but he couldn’t stop himself.  Those lips were calling his name.  Just begging to be kissed.  He had been a good boy all evening.  He deserved one kiss from his Songbird. Besides, she needed comforting. He would keep it chaste.

His head lowered as he lightly pressed his lips to hers.  They were so soft.  He pressed more firmly testing them against his own. 

“mmmm,” she moaned again and his manhood jumped as if trained to do so on command. 

Harmony was so responsive.  He could feel little tremors throughout her body. He needed to taste her. But he would leave the choice to her.   He ran his tongue across the seam of her closed lips asking for admittance.  Hers immediately opened.  He plunged his tongue inside of her mouth. He roughly pulled her forward so that she was sitting on top of his erection.  Her dress rode up even further so that it was around her waist.  He slid his hand down to grab her perfect ass and realized he was holding flesh.  Her skin was so soft and smooth.  But the muscles underneath was firm as if she worked out regularly.

“Mmmm. Do you know how good you feel?  You are a perfect fit for my hands,” he said roughly breaking the kiss and touching is forehead to hers. He was trying to catch his breath.  His heart was racing so fast that it became somewhat difficult.  This woman was driving him crazy. He briefly wondered why she went to work without panties but he couldn’t concentrate because she started to slide her body back and forth on his lap. He reminded himself of his promise to not sleep with her.  Devon would hate it too and he didn’t want to come off as a liar to their son.

“Mmmmm, I always was,” she moaned against his mouth.

“I remember that. I guess some things never change,” he said right before kissing her again.  She sucked his tongue into her mouth.

He wondered how wet she was.   Since her legs were open, it was easy for him to slide the middle finger of his right hand down between her cheeks.  He felt the pucker of her forbidden hole and rubbed it lightly with his finger.  She gasped in shock into his mouth.  He could tell by her reaction that it was unchartered territory.   He pressed more firmly and she shuddered. He dipped lower to encounter her opening.  She was very wet.  He rubbed his finger up and back spreading her juices and reveling in the feel of them on his hand. 

“You’re so wet. Is all that for me?” He knew he should stop but he couldn’t.

“Mmmmmm,” she moaned against his mouth and he responded in the same way he had all night long. Their breath mingled while their foreheads touched.

“Hhmm Songbird.  Is all this mine?”  He said as he circled her opening with his finger. 

When she didn’t immediately respond, he leaned back, looked in her eyes, and raised his eyebrows.  He wanted to hear her say it.  No, needed to hear her say it.  At this moment there was something in him that desired confirmation that she was all his.   That this, what they were doing, was only done with him.

He saw the battle raging inside of her in her eyes as he held her gaze.  He continued to circle her opening.  The more he circled, the wetter she got, and the more her body trembled. He squeezed her left butt cheek to remind her that he was serious about getting an answer.

“Just say it darlin.  We both already know the answer. I can feel it in every shudder of your body and hear it in every moan from your lips.”

“Yes,” she said in a breathy whisper. 

“Yes,” he repeated silently as he fused his lips to hers and explored her mouth once again with is tongue.   He also slipped his finger inside to test the feel of her.  She was so tight and so very wet.  And it was all for him.

Forget the promise.  He wanted her and she wanted him.  He broke the kiss to stare into her eyes as he continued to simulate the act with his finger by repeatedly pushing in and out of her.  She was breathing heavily and he knew she wanted to come just as much as he did. He thought about just unzipping his pants, releasing himself, and replacing his finger with it.  But he wanted her to be comfortable. They needed to move to the bed.

“So. Candy. How about we take this to the bedroom. Huh?”

She jumped off of his lap and stood up as she pulled her dress down. “Oh my god.  What am I doing?  I should know better.  I have to go.”

She turned and headed for the door.  He stood to chase her and grabbed her hand after her first few steps. 

“It’s okay. What’s wrong?” They were just having a great time.  She seemed to be just as into it as much as he was.  His hand was soaking wet with her juices as proof.

“I can’t do this Tucker,” she said.  He knew from the use of the name Tucker that she was attempting to put distance between them.

“Do what?”

“Sleep with you.”

“Why not,” he said as he rubbed his thumb over her hand. “We both want it.”

“No.  You want it.  I just want to go home,” she said  with eyes hardening.

“Are you saying you don’t want me?”  He narrowed his eyes. “Because I could have sworn you were just grinding-“

 “Besides, Delia’s party tomorrow and I promised Chloe I would help out,” she interrupted.

Tucker figured she was just nervous. And he had taken her further tonight than he had planned.  Because no matter what he had told Devon, her, James, and even himself, he knew deep down that from the moment she came to town, he had always had intentions of sleeping with her. He raised the hand he was holding to his lips and kissed the palm.  “I repeat.  Are you saying that you don’t want this?”

“Well it’s just that I am not sure I trust myself and my decision making right now.” 

“So you don’t feel this pull between us?”  He said.  He was beginning to get frustrated.  He hated denying himself and he had about enough of denying himself Harmony.  Now that he had accepted that his hunger for her outweighed his resolve, he wanted his payoff.

“I feel it.  It’s just that I don’t know whether it is real or hormones. I’m in a horrible position.  I haven’t had sex in years. So my judgment may be clouded,” she said with a self-conscious laugh.

 “No sex in years,” he thought. For Tucker, this was just getting better and better. He wanted her tonight. No, needed her tonight.  It was time he reclaimed what was his.  So he decided to change tactics. 

“I understand Songbird. I really do,” he said kissing her palm again.  He noticed her visibly relax. “Well since it is so late, why don’t you just stay?  And since I plan on going to Delia’s party, I can drop you off then. ”

“I am not about to sleep with you tonight Mick,” she said softly.  He noticed that there was no conviction in her voice.

“Understood.  No sex.” At her skeptical look he finished with, “I just found you again.  I think I am entitled to some quality time.”

“That is not quality time.  We’ll both be asleep. Call your driver and tell him I’m ready.”  He knew then that all hope of burying himself in her body was lost.

“Nah.  Forget the driver. I’ll take you myself.” He saw her eyes light up in response.

“Okay. Thanks,” she said with a smile.

 

Location:  Justin’s Apartment

Donna once again found herself with a door standing between herself and Justin’s domain.  Dare she knock?  Dare she attempt to explain herself once again?  The more she had thought about it the more she didn’t like how things ended with Justin.  He had offered to stop by but she had nixed it.  At this point, what did she have to loose.  She knocked on the door.

A few minutes later it was swung open to reveal Justin in his favorite pair of pajama bottoms and nothing else.  Her breath caught as he looked at her expectantly.  She wanted to speak but every coherent thought and reason for her showing up here had left her head.

“Donna,” he said he in a low tone. “Come in.”

She walked into the room. He shut the door and leaned against it with his arms folded across his chest. A chest that she had lay on every night for almost a year as she listened to his even heartbeat as he slept.

“You said that you wanted to talk.”

“And you said that there was nothing left to say,” he said as he stared into her eyes.

So he wasn’t going to make this easy for her. Fine.  She deserved it. “Well obviously I was wrong.”

He angled his head in the way she had become accustomed when he was trying to figure something out when things didn’t add up or make sense to him. He broke the eye contact finally, looked down and sighed. “Donna, what is it you want from me?  Just say it.”

She wanted to be his wife.  She wanted to be with him.  But if she couldn’t have that then at least she could experience being in his arms once more before he leaves her for good. “I want you.  Only you. Do you know how hard that is when I know it’s not in your best interest,” she said on a sob. “I love you.”

He sighed again and pushed off the door. He stood there looking at her for few seconds. Then walked slowly towards her to stop inches short. At the last second he roughly pulled her into an embrace. “Do you know how hard it is to walk away from you? Do you know how hard it is for me to leave you?  I remember clearly leaving you when I went off to college.  It broke my heart but I knew it was something I had to do.  Needed to do.  But that feeling pales in comparison to how I feel right now.”

She leaned back in his arms to look into his eyes.  And when she did she knew he was telling the truth. She reached up on tip toe and gently touched her lips to his.  He crushed his lips to hers in a hard yet gentle kiss. And she felt like she had come home.  She wanted him to make love to her. She ran her hand from the middle of his back to grab his butt and squeezed it hard.  He pushed her away so that he could look in her eyes again. She did her best to make sure that he saw how much she loved him and wanted him. 

She obviously succeeded because he picked her up in his harms and carried her to the bedroom.  Once there he lay her gently down and stood at the side of the bed.

He looked so tortured. If he backed out on making love to her she felt like she would die. “Donna, I don’t want to hurt you.  I am still leaving tomorrow regardless of what happens in this bed.  If you can’t deal with that then we prob-“

“Justin.  Make love to me.”  She gave him a smile to soften her tone. He smiled at her.

“Alright, take your dress off,” he demanded.

Justin was always so gentle with her when they were married.  This demanding tone was something new.  And the fact that her hands went immediately to her zipper to comply, her body must like it. As she unzipped her dress and slid it down her body she looked at him.  He smiled when he saw that she had on a red lace strapless bra with a matching thong.

“You’re beautiful.  You know that.”

“You always made me feel so.”

“Well it’s true. Come here.“ He grasped her wrist and pulled her to a kneeling position in front of him on the bed so that they were face to face.  “Take off your bra”, he said as he released her wrist.

She reached behind her back and released the clasp and allowed the bra to fall.  He lifted his left hand to cup her right breast. He ran his thumb over her nipple and it immediately hardened. He lowered his head and took it into his mouth and sucked on it.  Her back arched as she felt her inner walls contract. “Justin, I love you.”

“mm hum,” he moaned in acknowledgement.  She could feel his arousal and reached down to grip him through his pants. He released her nipple and straightened up.  He reached for the tie of his pants to take them off.  As he did so she reached for the waist band of her panties. “No leave them on.  I like how the feel rubbing against me.” That was a new admission.  She had never known that.

After he stepped out of his pants he reached for her again.  This time he held her close to his chest stroking her back while he kissed her passionately.  His tongue was rough against hers.  She felt the moisture between her thighs and knew she was ready. Justin trailed one hand around to her stomach and reached inside her panties.  When he encountered her wetness, he smiled against her lips and said, “I see you are ready for me. As usual.”

“I am.” She was always ready for her husband.

“That’s good,” he growled. “Now turn around”

She turned around still kneeling in front of him.  He held both her breasts in his hands while he kissed and sucked on her neck.  She knew she would have passion marks tomorrow but didn’t care.  She wrapped her hands around his neck while she ground her hips into his erection. She needed him inside her now.  “Justin please” she said.  She sounded whiny to her own ears.   She hoped her neediness didn’t turn him off.  But he began to suck even harder on her neck and pinch her nipple.

“Okay. I’ll give you what you want. Bend over. Hands and knees,” he whispered in her ear.

She felt her stomach muscles clench in preparation. She bent over into the position he requested. He put his hand to her lower back to push her down further as he used his other hand to spread her thighs further apart. “Lower baby,” he said as he did so. And her insides clenched again. This wasn’t Justin’s normal position.  He was more of a missionary kind of guy.

She braced herself for his entrance.  When he didn’t she looked back over her shoulder to see him staring down at her and stroking himself.  He lifted his free hand to stroke her lower back and butt. “God you’re beautiful Donna,” he said.

“Justin.”

“Okay. But here’s the deal. You don’t come until I tell you too.”

“Okay.” What was she getting herself into? She had never been able to hold her passions back like that.  But she would agree to anything to have him inside her again.

She felt the bed sink as he kneeled behind her.  She felt her panties being pulled aside and the tip of him circle her open spreading her juices.  Then he pushed all the way in.

“Ooooh” she moaned as he grunted.  He stayed completely seated inside of her for some seconds before pulling back out and completely pushing back in.

“Ooooh” she moaned again.

“That’s right.  Let me know how it feels,” he said through clenched teeth.

He once again pulled out and pushed back in.  And just when she didn’t think he could go any deeper, he rotated his hips at the end of his thrust. Before she knew what was happening, she was coming.

“Oh god,” She screamed as her muscles clenched again and again around him.  And her arms shook in the effort to keep her upright.

When it was over, she lowered her arms and allowed her head to fall down to the bed.

She then felt Justin’s chest against her back as he bent over her to whisper in her ear.  “Donna, I thought that we had an agreement. You weren’t supposed to come until I told you. Now I am going to have to punish you.” Her muscles clenched around him at the thought.  She couldn’t believe that Justin was saying these things to her.  But she couldn’t help herself, she loved it.

“Punish me,” she asked.

“Yes baby.  Punish.  And no matter how much you scream I will not let up.  Now” he said as he straightened back up, “hands and knees.”

She pushed back up and as soon as she did so he slammed into her. It took him no time at all to find his rhythm. And this time it wasn’t slow.  They were quick, hard, and powerful. With each thrust she could feel her next orgasm building.  She tried to hold it off but the harder she tried the more her inner muscles clenched. After about 15 minutes she couldn’t take it any longer.

“Justin.  Please.”

“I know baby.  Go ahead and come for me.”

And she did. Harder than she ever had in her life.  Once again she lowered her head to the mattress as his rhythm changed. His thrusts were still hard but they were also shallow. She knew he was close himself. She squeezed her muscles tight to help him along. And that was all it took.  She felt him empty his seed inside of her. 

“I love you”

“I love you too” she said in return.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Jill was helping Chloe put together party bags for the kids.  They were expecting about 50 kids of all ages.  All the kids from school had been invited plus some other family and friends.  They were expecting twice as many adults.  Luckily, it had been unseasonably warm this year.  The temperature should be around 70 degrees at party time. 

“What do you think about us doing party games for the adults while the kids are playing in the bounce house and riding the ponies that Victor will bring,” Chloe asked.

“I think that is a great idea,” Nina said excitedly.

“Of course you do.  Your life is just flowers and rainbows now that Chance is coming home,” Jill said.

“Chance is coming home,” Billy asked as he walked in.

“Yes he is.  And why the hell did you hang up on me today.”

“I’m sorry mom,” he said as he kissed her cheek.  “But something urgent came up.”

“It would have been nice to get a call so I wouldn’t have been waiting on you Billy,” Chloe said.

“I’m sorry okay,” he said as he kissed Chloe lightly on her bare shoulder. “Forgive me.” He said grabbing her hands and swinging them back and forth. For the life of her, Jill couldn’t understand why Billy was still so affectionate with Chloe when he insisted that he didn’t want her. She wanted to pop him in the back of the head but decided she would bide her time and have a full on conversation about his behavior some other time.

“Fine Billy. Whatever,” she said pulling her hands from his grip and walking away. “We were just discussing whether we should have some adult games for the parents.”

“Yes, I think so.  Parents need a little fun too. Uhm Chloe.  Can I talk to you for a moment. In private.”

“Sure,” she said as they went into the kitchen.

 

 

Location:  Tucker’s car

Harmony sat in the passenger seat of Tucker’s car.  She wasn’t sure what kind of car it was but she knew it was expensive.  Some sort of sports car.  The interior was really soft black leather and it smelled new.  The bucket seat was very comfortable and she was tired enough to fall asleep. But she couldn’t. She kept her eyes closed in hopes that Tucker would think that she was. She could not believe that she had almost lost herself in Tucker tonight. Or more aptly, allowed Tucker to lose himself in her.  His touch could still make her lose her head.  And at this stage in her life, she could not afford to do that.  Her body had calmed down some but she was still very wet, which she knew that nothing but a hot bath would cure.   Her nipples still tingled.  And her clitoris still throbbed.  But her breathing had steadied quite a bit.  She felt Tucker lift her hand from her lap to hold it in his.  She felt their fingers intertwine.  Her breathing became labored again.  Tucker could take her from 0 to 120 mph with just a touch.

“I know you are not asleep.  You might as well open your eyes.” He paused then for her to comply. “Harmony, look at me.” She heard him say in a very soft tone.  Well at least soft for him.

She hated feeling like a coward.  Hated even more that he knew she was being a coward.  So she opened her eyes and turned her head in his direction still leaning her head back on the head rest.  Due to the console light and the street lights, they could see each other very well.

“Now that’s more like it darling,” he said. She could only smile at his charm.

He rested her hand on his right thigh so that he could shift the gears in the car.  It reminded her of how she had straddled and rubbed against him earlier.  She let out an involuntary moan.  As she did so, she felt the muscles in his thigh clench. 

He briefly glanced at her then back at the road. “You know that moan of yours is something sexy.”

She laughed at that.  What does one say? “Thanks,” she settled on.

“So how about we go out tomorrow night since we didn‘t get a chance tonight” he said.

She didn’t think she could survive two nights in a row. He probably knew it too. She didn’t know where to begin to explain how it wasn’t a good idea. She began to lift her hand from his leg as she said “Tucker, I-“

He captured her hand and pressed it back to his thigh. “Are you really going to deny us the pleasure of each other’s company,” he asked.

This man was relentless.  How was she expected to continue to say no to him?  Did she even want to? She sighed. Caught up in her own thoughts she began to rub Tucker’s thigh with her hand. She felt it clench again and immediately stopped.

“Don’t stop sweetheart.  I like your touch.” 

“Okay,” she said as she began to slowly rub his thigh again.  She was beginning to understand why he and Ashley didn’t have a problem with him having his way.  She was finding it hard to tell him no too.  “Mick, I can’t take the risk right now.  I don’t want to get hurt.”

“I would never hurt you. Not again.  Trust me.”

He sounded so sincere. She wanted to believe that was true but she knew better than anyone that sometimes you could hurt people unintentionally. “I don’t think you would intentionally hurt me but you can’t make any promises that you wouldn’t unintentionally hurt me.”

“No one can do that.  But I can promise to be in tune with you and your needs.  To be considerate of your feelings.”

Was he begging her? She was kind of shocked that the man that Tucker had become wanted to spend so much time with her.  This was an intoxicating feeling.  One she could get used to.  She decided to mess with him.  Just to test her power.  She let her hand drift to the inside of his thigh and a little higher up as she stroked his leg.  His thigh clenched as she heard him gasp.

“hhhmm. I thought that you had to always have your way.  Are you now telling me that I can get my way,” she asked as she leaned closer to him.

For the first time Tucker was silent.  He didn’t have a ready come back.  She glanced in his direction and he looked thoughtful. 

“Well are you,” she asked intentionally lowering her voice to a sexy whisper.  “Yes, this was a lot of fun,” Harmony thought as she continued to rub the inside of Tucker’s thigh.

He glanced at her hand, then at her face, and back at the road.

“Yolanda,” he said in a serious tone. No one called her that now.  She was a little shocked to hear it from Tucker of all people. “I find myself willing to do almost anything.  I have never felt like this before. That being with a woman is worth me making concessions in my life.  I am going to be honest here because we are both way too old for games.  I want you. And I don’t just mean sexually.  I want to be with you. Do you or do you not want that too?”

“It’s not that simple” she said.  Lord knows she wanted him. Always had.  But she was scared of getting hurt again.  And beyond that, Devon would blow a gasket. And it was happening too soon.

“Why not?  I already told you that I wouldn’t hurt you-“

“Devon would hate it,” she said.  And she was sure of that after their lunch earlier today.

“How do you know that?”

“He made a point of having lunch with me earlier to warn me away from you. He wanted me to promise that I wouldn’t get involved with you?”

“And did you?  Promise him.”

“What? No. Not that I had intention to get involved with you or anything.  But I am a grown woman.  No one is going to dictate to me where I go or who I see.  I thought I made that plain to you a while ago.  Our son is no different.  But I still don’t want to upset him.”

“That boy is as bad as me when it comes to getting his way.  He tried to get my word this morning to stay away from you.  I guess he took it to you when he didn’t get it from.  Maybe he saw something between us. Anyways, I tell you what.  I will talk to Devon.  Man to man. Let him know what’s up. ”

Tucker had a lot to learn about their son if he thought that he could talk some sense into Devon.  The only person who she had ever known to do that was Neil.

“Maybe I should ask Neil to talk to D-“

“Absolutely not.” Tucker said raising his voice an octave over his usual tone.  He was not yelling by any stretch but she knew he was upset at the thought. “I do not need Neil to run interference between me and my son.  Especially not over my relationship with you.”  Her heart did a flip flop over the use of the word relationship.  What was she getting herself into?

“Okay. I regret bringing it up. I’m sorry baby.” With that she stopped stroking his leg.  And looked at him abruptly to see if he had noticed what she said.  He looked at her and smiled brightly before looking back at the road. She felt like she was losing the war. She had started using endearments with Tucker.  “Baby,” she thought.  Where did that come from?

She looked back at the road when the car slowed. They were pulling into the drive way of the Chancellor Estate. She felt relieved. In the few short hours that she had spent in Tucker’s presence she had lost almost all her resolve to not get involved with him.  There were a few cars in the drive which meant that the house was still up. 

He cut the engine on the car, unbuckled his seatbelt, and turned towards her.  He then unbuckled her seat belt also. “So tomorrow night.  Let me take you out to dinner and we can do a little dancing.”

She wanted to go but she already had plans. She had to pick up Justin Barber from the airport and get him settled at the Athletic Club.  “I would love that but I can’t.  I have some things that I have to do.”

“Are we back to this? Come on Songbird.  I thought we had come to an understanding,” he said frustrated. She knew that she should correct him on the understanding that they supposedly had.  She had no real intentions of being with Tucker.  At least not yet.  Not until he had proven that he really wanted her this time.  She refused to relive past mistakes.  But the look in his eyes made her think twice about telling him so.  It was just best to pacify him for now and explain later.

“We have.  But I still have a job to do. It’s work.  I have to meet one of the VPs at the airport and get  him settled at the club.”

“What time does his flight come in?”

“7”

“Okay, you should be done with him by 8:30”.

“Yeah, probably.”

“So, we can have dinner at the club.”

“I will probably be tired.  After the party then helping Justin, I am not sure I could keep my eyes open.”

“How about this?  I will get a room at the club.  We can have dinner in suite.”

Being honest with herself, she wanted to spend time with Tucker.  She enjoyed his company.  But them in a hotel room alone would not be a good idea. She’d just have make sure that they ate downstairs if she actually decided to meet. “Okay.  I will meet you at the club.”

“Don’t forget to pack an overnight bag”

An overnight bag? She really needed to manage his expectations.  “Mick, I don’t think that will be necessary.”

“As a precautionary measure only.  Just in case you are too tired.”

“Let me make this clear.  I am not ready to sleep with you.”

“I understand. Like I said earlier, we don’t have to have sex.  Holding you through the night will be enough for me.” He hesitated and finished with, “for now. But let me be real here.  I am not used to waiting.  Nor am I used to being denied.  So don’t make me wait too long Songbird.”

Was he threatening her?  How dare he?  Just for that it would be a long time before he got a chance to even smell it, she vowed to herself.  Granted, she had pacified him a lot since she had been back.  She had given in to him against her better judgment.  But he needed to learn that he couldn’t force her to do things she didn’t really want to do.  Threats would get him nowhere.  She looked him in the eyes and said, “you’ll regret making that statement.”

“Meaning,” he challenged.

“Meaning that your balls will have turned a deep beautiful blue before I give you some. Now I am about to go inside.”  She heard him laugh out loud as she reached for the door handle. 

“We’ll see Songbird.  Stay put.  Let me get the door for you.  I will walk you inside”

 

 

 

Location:  Justin’s Apartment

Justin woke up to find himself alone. He wasn’t surprised at all.  Donna was never one for big goodbyes.  And after what they had just shared, he knew it would be harder than ever to walk away.  She was once again making the choice for him.  And even if he was a little resentful for her doing it in the past, this time he was thankful. He rose from the bed to take a shower and finish packing.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Chloe turned and headed back into the living room on fire.  Billy had once again screwed up.  Now he had some woman in town claiming that she was having his baby.  So now Delia could possibly have a sibling whose mother is some crazy woman.  She wanted to strangle him.  Just wrap her fingers around his neck and squeeze all the life out of his body.  And poor Victoria.  Chloe couldn’t help but think, “better her than me.” Oh yes, she had escaped a life a disappointment when she and Billy divorced.

“Chloe wait. I am telling you this out of respect.  Please don’t repeat it to anyone.  Please.”

“Are you serious?  There is no way I would want anyone to know I procreated with someone so stupid.”

“Ha ha.”

“Whatever Billy. “

As Chloe walked back into the living room she said, “So back to the party planning. What games would we like for the adults?”

“How about Pictionary and Taboo. I love those games,” Nina said.

“You love everything today don’t you,” Jill said bitterly. “I swear your good will is going to make me lose my dinner.”

“Oh no Jill.  Don’t do that,” they heard a voice say from the door way.

Everyone turned to see Harmony and Tucker descending into the living room.

“Hey everyone,” Harmony said self-consciously.  She probably knew that everyone was wondering why she was coming home so late in the company of Tucker.

“Hey Harmony. You’re in trouble.  Katherine has been asking for you all day. I can’t wait until she finds out that you were with Tucker. Ha!” Jill said with excitement.  Chloe thought that was the first smile they had gotten out of Jill all day.

Harmony narrowed her eyes at Jill and turned to Billy.  She reached in her purse and pulled out a piece of paper. “This has the name and number of my recommendations. I have them listed in order of best to worst although I think they all would do a commendable job.”

“So, I guess you still don’t know. Huh,” Nina said.

“Know what,” Harmony asked.

“That Billy here, whom you have been trying to help, has listed you two in his blog,” Jill said.

“Mom,” Billy warned.

“No Billy.  If you are going to be man enough to print smut, the least you could do is man up to it.”

“Alright Fine. Phyllis’s blog hinted at you two having an affair and it being the reason that Ashley is divorcing Tucker,” Billy said.

“What. Billy. I thought we were friends,” Harmony said obviously hurt.

“I didn’t print it.  Phyllis did it without my knowledge.  But I see that there is some truth to it.”

“You know what. I can’t deal with this right now.  I’ve had a long day.  I’m going to bed,” she said as she turned to leave.

“Candy, can we-,“ Tucker began as she approached him but was cut off as Harmony threw her hand up.

  “Tucker, not now,” she said never breaking stride as she brushed past him and headed up stairs.

Tucker watched her go and turned to Billy when she was out of his vision. He gestured towards the door with his hand flat and palm up.

“See what you just did. Now I am going to be the one who has to deal with that.”

“So it’s true then.  You were cheating on my sister,” Billy said.

“Are you asking? Seems to me that you should know since you have it printed on a website.  You didn’t bother to ask your sister or anything did you.”

“Now hold on a minute. Everyone just calm down,” Chloe said walking over to stand between Tucker and Billy. “Tucker, I saw it and it isn’t as bad as some would like to think.  It is just a little innuendo. Most of the piece was about you and Neil battling over Bell Communications. Trust me.  A little press never hurt anyone. You know that.”

“Mmm,” Tucker said to Chloe. Then looked towards Billy, “I will let it slide this time for your sister’s sake and for Chloe but please keep my family out of your useless excuse for a magazine. Harmony doesn’t need this right now.”

“You’re awfully protective of her for you two not to be involved,” Billy countered.

“She’s the mother of my child. I should think that you would be able to relate to that.”

Chloe looked at Billy and made eye contact.  He gave her a smile and said, “point taken.”

“I think you need to speak with your sister.  Our divorce was her decision. I won’t go into details about it.  Just speak with her,” Tucker said and walked out.

“Thanks for sticking up for me,” Billy said walking up to Chloe.

“I mean really.  It’s just a little gossip.  It never hurt anyone.”

“I totally agree,” Billy said reaching for her hand and rubbing his thumb across the back of it. “You and I were always on the same page with most things.” Chloe couldn’t believe it.  He was openly flirting with her in front of others. She figured that Victoria didn’t take the news well and he was stroking his ego with her.  She would not allow it. Before she could tell him off Jill spoke.

“Oh lord. Billy. Spare us all and go home. We will finish this without you.”

He looked at Jill then back at Chloe and smiled. “Okay. I will. See you all bright and early tomorrow.”

“Ha.  I won’t hold my breath,” Chloe said as she pulled her hand away and walked over towards Nina on the couch.

“Bye,” Billy said as he left.

“So, did anyone catch the body language between Tucker and Harmony,” Nina asked.

“Yes,” Chloe had definitely noticed it. “And the way he couldn’t take his eyes off of her the entire time they were in the room.”

“Nina.  I think your happiness is catching.  I seem to have picked some up.  Oh I can’t wait for this party tomorrow. Kay is going to pitch a fit when she finds out that Tucker really does want Harmony,” Jill said.

“She seemed fine with it earlier,” Chloe said.

“Oh Chloe dear, you don’t know anything at all about Kay of you think she will be fine with this.  She likes Harmony.  She doesn’t like Tucker. Son or not. She may say all the right words. But wait until it starts to become a reality,” Nina said.

“Ha,” Jill laughed again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Episode 8 by Diva58

 

Episode 8

Time:  Next day from last Episode, Mid-Morning

Location: Chancellor Mansion

 

Phillip Chancellor IV pulled up to his ancestral home overflowing with excitement for this new chapter in his life.  At first when he was told that he could not reenlist due to not getting a medical clearance, he had been devastated. It had always been his dream to be a career soldier.  It was all he had ever wanted.  But somewhere from walking out of the general’s office to arriving here, his outlook had changed.  His family had always wanted him back home for good. And he had to admit that when he was here on leave, it was always nice to bask in their love. He had truly missed them.

 

 

The question was what he was going to do with the rest of his life.  He had tried being a cop.  He had loved that job.  It was fulfilling but he had lost himself while doing it. And in doing so, he had lost Chloe.  She had been his first everything. He still cared for her and her daughter Delia but he knew that she had moved on and was over him.  His family wanted him to work at CI, he figured he would give it a try.

 

 

He knew his mom and grandmother would be happy to see him.  They had not been expecting him today but when his mother told him about Delia’s party, he decided to surprise her.  He loved that little girl like his own.  He hoped that Billy had become a more responsible father to her in his absence.  But it didn’t matter.  He was more than willing to step up and be what she needed if he couldn’t.  And his willingness to do so had nothing at all to do with Chloe.  It was all about that beautiful little girl.

 

 

Chance got out of the car and walked into the house.  He headed for the living room to see who was up and around.  He noticed the grounds were full of people and there was as tent outside. He assumed for the party.

 

 

He saw Delia sitting amongst his mother, grandmother, and Kay as they all talked about the festivities.

 

 

“Well, look at the beautiful birthday girl” he said as all heads looked his way.

 

 

“Chance,” Delia squealed as she ran to him and launched himself into his arms.

 

 

Location: Lily’s House

 

Devon walked into Lily’s house as she opened the door with Maddie on her hip.

 

 

“Morning ladies” he said as he kissed Maddie loudly on the jaw as she squealed. “Are we all ready to go?”

 

 

“Yes we are about ready.  I just need to get the bag from the back.  Thank you so much for doing this.”

 

 

He had volunteered to escort Lily and the twins to Delia’s birthday party. He loved spending time with them so it was no hardship. “Well that’s what big brothers do,” he said with a laugh.  He knew she had always hated when he reminded her that he was older.

 

 

“Whatever Devon. You are barely 4 months older than me. But I won’t complain being that you are being so nice.”

 

 

“You not complain.  That’s a first.”

 

 

“Oh. You are already working my nerves. I knew I should have called Trevor to help me,” she said exasperated.

 

 

“Trevor.  Who the heck is Trevor?” Devon was shocked.  He had never heard Lily mention some guy before. And they were obviously close if she was calling him to help with the kids.

 

 

“Trevor Jacobs. He is Nate’s friend.  And now mine,” she said with a smirk. This made Devon breathe a little easier.  He knew this guy.

 

 

“Oh okay.  I know him.  Not very well but he seems like a nice guy.  Besides, he is Nate’s friend. You know your cousin. All his friends are just the same way.”

 

 

“Oh gosh. Say it ain’t so.  I had such high hopes for this guy.  If he is just another reincarnation of Nathan, he will bore me to tears.”

 

 

“Hey, Nate isn’t that bad.  He is just always on his best behavior around you because you have a reputation of being a tattle tale.”

 

 

“Are you serious?  You guys won’t ever let me outgrow that will you. I admit to telling things in the past. But that was because the family thought you two were perfect.  I just wanted to dispel the myth.”

 

 

“Lily, that was just two weeks ago at Sunday brunch. You just had to tell that Nate had called in sick to work because he was hung over.”

 

 

“Well I got tired of dad going on and on and on about how Nathan was so responsible. But whatever. I am going to get the bags.  Maddie be a good girl for your uncle while I get Charlie and the things,” she said as she gave Maddie to Devon.

 

 

“Whatever. My niece is always a good girl. Isn’t that right Maddie,” he said as he tickled her sides and she laughed.

 

“We’ll see how long you keep that thought while at this party,” Lily said as she laughed. “Which brings me to ground rule number one.  No sweets of any kind or they will be intolerable.”

 

 

“Oh come on.  It’s a party.  No cake or anything.”

 

 

“No.  Just trust me,” she said as she walked out the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Location: Sophia’s Apartment

 

Sophia walked out into the living room to see Neil holding Moses.  He had come by to pick them up for Delia’s party.  It was their first outing since they agreed to get an annulment. Neil seemed to be accepting things well.  She had not brought up the annulment today because she didn’t want to spoil the jovial mood.

 

 

“So, we are all ready,” she asked.

 

 

“Alright then.  Let’s head out. You heard that Moses.  You are about to attend your first birthday party.  Are you excited?”

 

 

Moses smiled.

 

 

“So will we need to pick Lily and the twins up?”

 

 

“Nope. Devon will help her,” Neil said as he continued to coo at Moses.

 

 

“Oh, so Devon will be there.  You know that Tucker is coming too.” She wondered if Devon knew.

 

 

“Yeah I figured as much.”

 

 

“I just don’t want anyone to be uncomfortable.”

 

 

“By anyone, you mean Tucker right,” he said annoyed.

 

 

“No Neil.  I mean everyone involved.”  Neil could be so tiring sometimes. Now that she had decided to move on she couldn’t imagine what was keeping her with him this long. 

 

 

“Well as long as Tucker keeps his distance from Devon and Harmony, everything will be fine,” Neil said harshly.

 

 

“Harmony? Why would you include her?” 

 

 

“Because I think that he is trying to work his way back into her life.”

 

 

“Tucker is still married to Ashley,” she said. And she hoped it stayed that way.  Not just for business but because Ashley had brought so much to Tucker’s life.  This was the first time he had ever settled down.  And he seemed happy and content.

 

 

“Oh. You don’t know do you. Something else your so called family hasn’t told you. Tucker. Ashley. Divorce. Apparently, it is all over the Restless style blog.”

 

 

“What? I need to talk to Tucker.”

 

 

“I guess you do,” he said with a smug smile.  It took everything in her not to slap that look off his face.  So much for the happy mood.

 

 

“Let’s just go Neil.”

 

 

“Okay. After you,” he said picking up Moses’ carrier.

 

 

Location: Nick and Phyllis’ House

 

 

Phyllis was a little nervous to attend Delia’s party with Summer.  Nick was out of town on business so she would have to go alone.  People were still mad at her over Lucy.  Plus she knew that people were also upset at her for her blog piece about the Winters, Harmony, Tucker, and Ashley.

 

 

Well, if things went according to plan, they would be even more upset because she fully intended to publish more of the story.

 

 

Then, she just knew that Sharon, Nick’s ex-wife, would also be there with Adam Newman and her and Nick’s daughter Faith.  Sharon claimed to be in love with Adam.  And maybe she was.  But one thing was for sure.  Nick hated them together.  And for good reason. Adam had kidnapped Faith when she was born and given her to Ashley Abbot, whom has miscarried and was having a hysterical pregnancy.

 

 

It had taken months for all this to come out.  But afterwards, Adam had been thoroughly hated by everyone in town.  But eventually Sharon had forgiven him.  And now they were together.  She was glad Nick wasn’t in town to witness them.  She didn’t want a fight to start between the brothers.  Nor did she want anyone to question the reason for the fight.  She knew there was this unspoken idea that Nick was still in love with Sharon. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn’t.  At this point she had ceased to care anymore.  She and Nick were no longer married although they were still seeing each other.  She was about ready to be done with him anyway.

 

 

“Baby girl. Are you ready to go,” she yelled upstairs to Summer.

 

 

Summer came running down the stairs. “Yes, mom.  Let’s go,” she said excitedly.

 

 

Location: Sharon’s House

 

 

Sharon was preparing to leave when Adam walked in.

 

 

“Morning beautiful,” he said as he kissed her lips.

 

 

“Hey you,” she said back. This party would be her first outing with Adam sense she had made it clear that she would be with him no matter what happened in the past.  People changed and deserved forgiveness. She knew that better than anyone.  She had messed up a lot on her life.  But she refused to see her love for Adam as a screw up.

 

 

“So are you ready,” he said.

 

 

“As ready as I will ever be.  Just so you know.  I am proud to be with you.  And no one will ever be able to say or do anything that will change that.”  She saw the smile in his eyes at her admission.

 

 

“Thanks for that.  You know that there will be people here that will shun you for being with me.”

“I know.  But the Winters will be there.  And I know that they will support me.”

 

 

“Yeah, they will.  I have often times heard you speak about Dru. I regret I didn’t get a chance to meet her.”

 

 

“I still miss her so much. She was the only true friend I ever had. But enough about that. This is a happy day.”

 

 

“Yes.  Very happy day.  Let’s go.”

 

 

 

Location: Tucker’s House

 

Tucker sat at his desk listening to James talk about business.  His mind once again drifted to Harmony and last night. He couldn’t believe he shared a child with his Songbird.

 

 

“Tucker, are you listening me,” he heard James say.

 

 

“Do you want an honest answer,” Tucker asked with a smile.

 

 

“So, I see you didn’t take my advice about your son’s mother,” James said shaking his head.

 

 

“What advice would that be?”

 

 

“The one where I told you to sleep with her and get her out of your system so you can move on,” he said with a chuckle.

 

 

“So I guess you haven’t heard the news. Ashley and I are divorcing.”

 

 

“Well I wish I could say I am surprised,” James said calmly.

 

 

“What does that mean?”

 

 

“It means just what I said.  I am not surprised.  Like I told you before.  I never thought that Ashley was woman enough to hold your attention for long.  And I was obviously right.  What happened?  Did she catch you when you were purging yourself of your son’s mother?”

 

 

“Harmony.  Her name is Harmony.”

 

 

“Hhhmm.   It fits her. But anyway.  I can’t believe you got caught.  I thought you were smoother.   I am a little disappointed in you boy. What did you do? Take her back to your house.  You have been playing this game long enough to know not -”

 

 

“I have not slept with Harmony. Ashley has decided that she would rather be with Paul Williams than me.” Tucker said cutting James off.

 

 

“Now I am really disappointed.  You lost your wife to that bore.  You should never show your face in public again,” James said laughing heartily.

 

 

“So this is funny to you.”

 

 

“Hell yeah it’s funny. But you seem to be taking it well.”

 

 

“Eh, as long as she is happy, I am happy for her.” And he meant that.  Ashley deserved some happiness.

 


“Son, do you hear yourself.  No man wants to lose anything that belongs to him.  Even if it is something that he doesn’t particularly care for.  It’s still his. And yet, you are wishing her well.”

 

 

“I do care for Ashley.  But I have never been possessive. You know that.”

 

 

“All men are possessive.  But, we shall see about that.  I wonder how you would take Harmony with another man,” James said thoughtfully.

 

 

Tucker felt himself getting upset just thinking about it.

 

 

“I can see it all over your face.  You would hate it.  You need to ask yourself this.  Why is it that you can let Ashley walk away with another man without a backwards glance?  But just the thought of Harmony with another man has you set to boil over.”

 

 

“She’s vulnerable.  And I don’t want anyone hurting her.”  Even as Tucker said this, he knew it was a lie.  The memory of how he forced her to tell him that she was his last night flooded his mind.

 

 

“When I saw her the other night she didn’t seem all that vulnerable. She seemed very much in control. Although that display you put on made me question your self-discipline. What possessed you to do that in a room full of people knowing your situation? ”

 

 

“I just wanted to touch her.  Know what her skin feels like.” Tucker said under his breath. But then raised his voice to his normal tone and said, “That’s not relevant.  Bottom line is she needs to be protected.”

 

 

“Protected? From who? “

 

 

“For starters, Winters.”

 

 

“Neil? He is married to our Sophia.  Surely, he wouldn’t go there.”

 

 

“Not him.  The cousin.”

 

 

“Oh, that Winters.”

 

 

“Yeah. That Winters. She is actually his executive assistant.”

 

 

“Oh, then you don’t have anything to worry about.  Those Winters fellows are sensible if nothing else. They know better than to shit where they eat. “

 

 

“We’ll see.” Tucker hoped that was true.  But he still didn’t trust Christopher Winters around his Songbird. And she was so caught up in doing a good job that she seemed to be oblivious to the threat he posed.  He wondered if she would be willing to leave that job.  She didn’t need to work. He could take care of her.

 

 

“I imagine she will be at Delia’s party.  I plan on getting to know her a little.  She is pretty and all. Nice body.   But you have never been the kind of man to get all worked up over just physical attraction. I am kind of curious what it is about her that has you so fascinated.”

 

 

“I am not sure what it is myself.  But I did figure out who she is last night.”

 

 

“Oh. And?”

 

 

“She was one of the groupies like I thought.  But she wasn’t just any groupie. She was special.  Young and naïve.  Not jaded like they could usually be you know.  So innocent.”

 

 

“Innocent.  That’s an interesting term to use for a groupie.”

 

 

“Well in her case it applies. She was a virgin when we slept together.  And I didn’t realize it until we were in the middle of the act.  At the time, I didn’t have the will power to stop.  Although I should have. But I wasn’t surprised to find out.  Like I said, she wasn’t like the rest of them.”

 

 

“So what happened after you deflowered this girl? What the hell did you do? Because I just know you didn’t take the knowledge well,” James said accusingly.

 

 

“I kept my distance.  There was no way I was ready for what she deserved.”

 

 

“You what,” James said astonished.  “How old were you two then?”

 

 

“I was about 30 and she was 19.”

 

 

“And I assume she was in love with you.”

 

 

“Yes. She didn’t say it but I knew.  It was written all over her.”

 

 

“Now I see why she didn’t come to you herself.  And now I understand why she has gone all these years without attempting to extort money out of you. Pride. But tell me. What is it that you felt for her?   And don’t tell me nothing boy.  Because I know better.”

 

 

Tucker stood up from his desk and faced the window.  Then he spoke, “I don’t know.”

 

 

“You don’t know?  Stop lying to yourself. You do know. Look at how you have been chasing her since she came to –“

 

 

“I have not been chasing her,” Tucker interrupted.  He knew that he had been thinking about her a lot and had wanted to spend time with her.  And so he had made sure that he had opportunities to see her.  But he wouldn’t call that chasing.

 

 

“Let me break the news to you. Not only have you been chasing her but you have opened up a space in your life for her so that when you catch her there won’t be any doubt about where she belongs.”

 

 

Had he done that?  Had he let Ashley go so that he could be with Harmony? It was possible. “Maybe there is some truth to that. I do want her. ”

 

 

“Maybe huh? Well this party will be interesting.  So what about Devon?  What does he think about you and Harmony?”

 

 

“He hates it.  But I plan to talk to him about it.” Tucker was sure that he could get Devon to see reason.

 

 

“Yes this party will definitely be interesting,” said John.  “Speaking of sons, it seems that mine will be moving to Genoa City.”

 

 

“Really?  I am surprised that Neil was able to talk him into it.”

 

 

“Well he didn’t actually.  It was Pam’s decision.  You know how she is about Trevor.  I am sure being in the same city with him was her incentive.”

 

 

“True. I wonder if my niece will be accompanying them. I need to touch base with her and find out.”  His niece, Calista, was his stepsister’s only child.  His stepsister, whom Tucker had met when his mother married her father when he was 13 and she was 10, had been killed in a car accident 12 years ago.  That was a horrible year.  It was also the year that Sophia’s father died.  The two young women had bonded in their grief.  Now she was an Occupational Therapist who pretended to be a nanny to John’s wife who suffered from post-traumatic stress.  Tucker had been the one to recommend her to the family since they wanted someone they could trust. Pamela was much better now and didn’t really need the live in therapist.  But she still wanted the nanny.  And no one had the heart to tell her that the nanny was less for the baby and more for her.  She would not take it well. And no one wanted to feel her wrath.

 

 

“I think so. To be honest with you.  I am almost glad that we lost Bell.  I get my son and little grandson in the same city.  And you will probably get your niece in the deal.”

 

 

“I guess there is something to be said for mixed blessings.  But I still have not given up on Bell.”

 

 

“Son, let me tell you something.  If you have the idea of ever putting Harmony in this spot that you have so conveniently opened up and have her stay there, you had better let Bell go.”

 

 

Tucker smiled. He thought that he could have them both.

 

 

Location: Abby’s House

 

 

Abby was very excited about going to Delia’s party.  She had spoken to Devon this morning and he was bringing Lily and the twins.  This would be her chance to spend some time with Devon and his family.  She knew how much family meant to him and if she could get in good with them then she knew that was half the journey of being with him.  Of course, they loved Roxy.  But it would make a relationship between her and Devon easier if they liked her also.  The last thing she needed was if she got with Devon, all the Winters and Barbers hating her and telling Devon that he could do better.

 

 

She vowed that she would be on her best behavior today. She wouldn’t go off on Tucker no matter how much he deserved it. She would also not have one alcoholic beverage.  Not matter how much it called to her.  Lastly, she would help out Chloe where needed.   She would show that she could be selfless.

 

 

And these things would all be made easier because Roxanne was still out of town.  If she had a man like Devon there is no way that she would leave him for weeks on end the way that Roxy did.  No way.

 

 

Location: Lauren and Michael’s Apartment

 

 

It took everything in Lauren to contain Fen’s excitement over Delia’s party.  She was somewhat excited herself.  It wasn’t often that she got a chance to socialize with many of her friends all in one place.  But this was going to be one of those times.  Besides, Roxy had come in this morning and she wanted to surprise Devon today.  It would be nice to see the young lovers reunited. 

 

 

Location: Olivia’s Apartment

 

 

Olivia had received an invitation to Delia’s party.  She had already sent her gift because she wasn’t sure she wanted to go.  But then Ashley had called her earlier and asked her to come to support her.  This would be her and Paul’s first outing as a couple.  She didn’t know why Ashley was stalling telling her siblings Jack, Tracy, and Billy about it.  It’s not like they didn’t know Paul or like him. Of course, Jack would question it and have something to say about how rushed this was.  But that was just him.  Tracy and Billy would be happy for her. Besides, the rest of her family would be there and she could spend some time with her godson Moses and her great niece and nephew, Charlie and Maddie.

 

 

 

 

Location: Billy Abbot’s car

 

 

Billy was on his way back out to the Chancellor Mansion.  He had been out there earlier to help set up but he needed to run home and pick up Delia’s gift.  He also wanted to check on Victoria.   Last night when he got home she was not there and didn’t come home. She still hadn’t been back.  He had called her a couple of times but she didn’t answer nor call back either.  He was getting tired of this behavior. He knew that he was a handful but was it too much to ask that they handle his screw up like adults.

 

 

At that time he remembered that he needed to call his new executive assistant and make her a job offer.  He found the piece of paper Harmony had given him last night.  “Tamara Davis” was at the top of the list.  He knew a Tamara Davis.  She was one of Chloe’s closest friends.  He wondered if it was the same person.  He dialed the number. 

 

 

“Hello,” he heard a feminine voice say.

 

 

“Hello, Tamara Davis please?”

 

 

“This is she”

 

 

“High this is the owner of Restless Style magazine.  I was told that you would be perfect for the job of my executive assistant.  But you have to start Monday.  Are you able to do that?”

 

 

“Yes.  It just so happens that I have moved back from New York this past week. So I am free.”

 

 

“New York you say.  Let me ask you.  Do you know Chloe Mitchell?”

 

 

“Yes. She is one of my closes friends.”  Billy didn’t know if he liked hiring one of Chloe’s friends.  She would undoubtedly report everything that he did to her.

 

 

“Hey Tammy.  This is Liam.”

 

 

“Oh. Hi Liam,” she said in a less than thrilled voice.  All Chloe’s friends greeted him this way now.

 

 

“So does that voice mean that you don’t want the job?”

 

 

“No.  I want the job.  I know that I have not always been your biggest fan but Chloe tells me that you are an awesome father to Delia.”

 

 

“She did.”

 

 

“Oh yeah.  I am sure I will see you later today.  I had planned on coming to Delia’s party.”

 

 

“Okay.  Well I will see you there.  And Monday morning in the office.”

 

 

“Alright.  Later.”

 

 

 

Location: Paul William’s Apartment

 

Paul wasn’t really in a party mood but Delia’s was Ashley’s niece so he wanted to go to the party with her.  Besides, Tucker would undoubtedly be there.  And the last thing he wanted was for her to connect with Tucker in a family atmosphere. 

 

 

Things were still touch and go with Ricky.  He was now in a coma but they knew what was wrong with him.  He had pneumonia and had developed sepsis from that.  They were still attempting to treat his symptom and give him antibiotics. Olivia had felt that his chances of survival were better.  And although in a coma, every day that he lived increased his chances.

 

 

He felt that he should be at the hospital around the clock but Ashley had made him see that he wasn’t doing anyone any good by camping out and harassing the staff.  So, he would go by and visit three times a day then come home at night.  It seemed to be working out best for everyone. 

 

 

He didn’t know how he would have gotten through this crisis without Ashley.   She was the best thing to happen to him in a long time.  And today, they would make their appearance as a couple. Although her divorce from Tucker was publicized, not many people knew about them being together.  So today would also be a coming out party for them.

 

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

 

 

Chloe had just finished directing their last vendor out in the heated big tent.  It was about the size of a circus tent.  One end had the balloon bounces.  Another had the ponies that Victor’s ranch hands had brought over.  Another had a picnic area where they would eat and play games if any of the adults were so inclined. Another had clowns who would do face painting and games with the kids.  She was on her way out of the tent just as Billy was coming in.  They bumped into each other.

 

 

“Hey. Sorry about that. Are you okay,” he asked while rubbing his hands up and down her arms. Although she had on a jacket she could still feel the warmth of his hands.

 

 

“Yeah. I’m fine,” she said side stepping him and continuing on her way. 

 

 

“So everything is ready to go,” he asked falling into step beside her. 

 

 

“Yes. We’re all ago. Thanks again for coming out this morning.”

 

 

“Well it’s not like I had anything else to do. Vikki didn’t come home last night.”

 

 

“Well Billy, having a woman show up saying she is carrying your husband’s baby is a lot to take in.” Running away wasn’t the way that Chloe would have handled it but she understood the impulse.

 

 

“Yeah.  But she didn’t let me explain. She doesn’t even know what happened.”

 

 

“Like I said, I understand.  I didn’t give you a chance to explain last night either.”

 

 

“But look at you now.  We’re talking about it. And I want to explain.”

 

 

“But I am not the one that you need to explain too.”

 

 

“I disagree.  You deserve to know what happened just as much as Victoria.”

 

 

“If you feel you must,” she said with a smirk.

 

 

“Well, I was in Myanmar.  Drowning my sorrows.”

 

 

“That was typical”, she thought but refrained from saying so out loud.  No need to kick Billy while he was down.

 

 

“I was at this bar having some drinks with this chick Chelsea. Next thing I know I was waking up with the authorities standing over me yelling about drugs.  They took me to prison and you know the rest.”

 

 

“Let me ask you this.  Do you think Victor has something to do with this?”

 

“It’s possible that he had them plant the drugs and all but none of this would have happened if I hadn’t run off.”

 

 

She was shocked.  Billy was actually accepting responsibility.  She thought that this deserved special acknowledgement.  She reached out her hand to stop Billy by touching his arm.  She turned to face him as he did the same.

 

 

“Billy.  I just want you to know that I am proud of how you are accepting responsibility for how you got into this situation. And no matter what happens, I will back you up.”

 

 

He smiled at her and her heart fluttered. He reached out and cupped her cheek.  “Thanks Chloe that means a lot to me.  Although I am not surprised.  Like I said last night. You are always on my side.”

 

 

She felt her heart being tugged on by him.  And she had finally moved on so there was no way she would fall back into that pattern. So she reached up and removed his hand with her own.  “Well, what can I say?  I am loyal.”

 

 

She then turned and walked towards the house. He stood watching her for a few seconds then had to run to catch up with her.

 

 

Chloe noticed when they walked into the living room that guests had started to arrive.  Lily and Devon were there along with Charlie and Maddie.

 

 

Lily was so busy chasing behind Maddie that she didn’t see Chloe walk in.

 

 

“Hey,” Chloe said.

 

 

“Oh hey,” Lily said.

 

 

“Hey guys,” she heard Devon say from the other side of the room. “Maybe we should take these kids out to the tent before they start breaking things. My niece and nephew can be quite destructive.”

 

 

“Okay.  I will walk you out. Billy, stay here and direct traffic please.”

 

 

“Yes ma’am.”               

 

 

“You two go ahead. I will be right behind you with this little one. I need to talk to Billy real quick.”

 

 

When the women had left, Devon walked up to Billy and stared him in the eye. “Listen man. Keep my mother out of that magazine.  This is your first and last warning.” With that he turned and walked out of the room.

 

 

Harmony had gotten a few phone calls from Tucker this morning.  And when she didn’t answer he started texting her.   Each was long and drawn out.  One about how he enjoyed their dinner last night.  Another about how he was looking forward to seeing her today and later tonight. Then a third one about how he was happy he had found her again.  And finally, one apologizing for Billy putting them into the Restless Style blog.  And she didn’t answer either of them. She was not about to allow Tucker to draw her further into his life than she already was.  The knowledge of that blog was a wakeup call for her. She did not come to Genoa City for him. She came for her son and her daughter, who was still not very welcoming to her.  She couldn’t let Tucker get in the way of that.

 

 

Last night she had thought about being with him.  She really had.  But once she got upstairs into her own domain, reality hit. Although she had told Devon he couldn’t dictate to her, it was a lie. His approval meant more to her than being with Tucker.  Her children meant everything to her now. This is why she had been doing research on hearing loss due to meningitis.  She had found a research institute that had been restoring hearing for some patients.  She noticed that McCall Unlimited was amongst the donors.  Before she spoke to Tucker about it, she wanted to talk to Neil first.  Just to see what all had been done with Devon’s hearing so she could have all the facts.

 

 

She left her room and descended the stairs just when Sophia, Neil, and Moses arrived.

 

 

“Morning,” she said.

 

“Hey,” Sophia said dryly. Harmony wasn’t shocked. That was how she usually spoke to her.

 

 

“Hey Harmony,” Neil said with a smile.

 

 

“So how’s little Moses? I see he is just as cute as ever.”

 

 

“Yes, he is,” Neil said.

 

 

At the moment Billy walked into the foyer. “Hey, I am directing all party goers to the big top out back”

 

 

“Okay. Well let us head out there then,” Sophia said with a light laugh.

 

 

“Uhm, Neil.  May I speak with you first?”

 

 

“Sure,” he said handing the carrier to Sophia. “Sophia, I will be out in a moment.”

 

 

“Uh huh,” she said as she walked off.

 

 

“For some reason, Sophia still does not like me.  I haven’t done anything to her.”

 

 

“Well, she can be very loyal.  Mostly to Tucker,” he said rubbing the lapel of his jacket.

 

 

“I see. Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about Devon’s hearing.  He confided in me that he was having trouble distinguishing pitches.  Has he said anything at all to you about it?”

 

 

“No, he hasn’t.  But I will talk to him about it. See what’s going on.”

 

 

“Okay.  I did find a procedure that is available now. It’s fairly new.  I was thinking about contacting them to see what can be done.”

 

 

 

“You know what.  I think that is an excellent idea. Get the particulars first before you take it to Devon.  No one wants him getting his hopes up if it won’t work.  Good strategy I think,” he said with a serious expression.

 

 

“Okay.  Thanks.”

 

 

“Alright. I am gonna head out to the tent.  See what the grandkids are up too.”

 

 

“See you later.”

 

 

She took out her phone and headed into the dining room for privacy.  She dialed Tucker’s number.

 

 

“So you finally remembered my existence,” he answered in his usual deep voice. It was something about his slow drawl that excited her. 

 

 

“Mick, I don’t think I have ever forgotten your existence since we met over 20 something years ago,” she said honestly.

 

 

“I called you and sent you a few texts this morning and I didn’t get a response. Seems to me that I have been forgotten. But don’t worry.  The next chance I get to spend some alone time with you, I will make sure that it’s not so easy for you to ignore me when I am not in your presence.”

 

 

“I wasn’t ignoring you.  It’s just that I have been so busy helping Chloe this morning.  This is the first free moment that I have had.”  She was lying of course but he didn’t need to know that.

 

 

“I see,” he said in such a way that let her know that he didn’t believe her.

 

 

“Okay. Well, I have something I wanted to talk to you about.  Its Devon’s hearing.  He is having trouble distinguishing pitches and I did some research about it.  There is this new procedure available at this institute. I wanted to contact them but I am not sure they would talk to me.  McCall Unlimited is one of their top donors.  So I was wondering if you could call and -“

 

 

“Done,” he said cutting her off.

 

 

“Thank you. Thank you so much.  I really appreciate this.”

 

 

“Not a problem.  I am glad that you came to me.” She could hear the excitement in his voice.

 

 

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re just as much his father as I am his mother.”

 

 

“Thank you for saying that. It really means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me,” he said in almost a whisper.

 

 

Her heart rate picked up at his tone.  “Stay focused,” she told herself.

 

 

“Okay, I will show you the information when you get here.”

 

 

“I’ll be there in a little bit. And don’t you dare act shady with me when I get there either, “he said jokingly. 

 

 

She was many things, but she was not shady. “I am never shady Mick. I’ll be waiting for you in the living room.”

 

 

“We’ll see. But let me warn you.  If you do, you will regret it,” he said seriously.

 

 

On that she hung up the phone. She couldn’t believe he was threatening her again. He would have to learn his lesson the hard way.

 

 

 

Abby walked into the living room to see Devon’s mother Harmony flipping through a magazine.  She knew that Devon and his mother had gotten close. So this was an opportunity for her to converse with her. And possibly impress her.

 

 

“Good morning,” she said.

 

 

“Hi. How are you?  You’re Harmony. Right?  Devon’s mother.”

 

 

“Yes, I am.  And I am fine. How are you?”

 

 

“I’m great.  My name is Abby Newman.  I am friends with Devon.  Well we are also business partners.”

 

 

“Oh.  Well it’s nice to meet you Abby.”

 

 

Abby knew she should quit while she was ahead but she couldn’t help herself. She needed to warn this woman about Tucker.

 

 

“I read that piece in Restless Style about you and Tucker. You seem like a nice lady so I feel I need to warn you.  He cheated on my mom once before.”

 

 

“So you are Ashley’s daughter?”

 

 

“Yes. And I just want you to know that you can’t trust Tucker.  I know he is Devon’s biological father and you probably know him better than anyone.  The man is a total womanizer. He would-“

 

 

“Abby,” she heard a deep voice behind her say. “Why would you want to tell Harmony such things about me?”

 

 

“Tucker,” Abby said startled.  She composed herself and finished with, “It’s only the truth.”  And it was only truth that she was telling Harmony. Abby didn’t care one way or the other whether Tucker had caught her.  But she didn’t want to argue in front of Harmony. So she decided to head on out.

 

 

“Harmony, we will finish this other time,” she whispered so that Tucker couldn’t hear her. Harmony winked at her as she walked off.

 

 

 

Tucker couldn’t believe that he walked in on Abby poisoning Harmony’s mind against him.  He and Ashley were no longer together so you would think the little harpy would be happy and leave him alone. 

 

 

Harmony stood as he approached her. He couldn’t tell if she was angry or amused.

 

 

“I’m sorry about that.  Abby has never liked me for some reason.”

 

 

With that she started to laugh. “Maybe it’s because you cheated on her mother.”

 

 

“Don’t listen to her. That girl is very high strung and often times doesn’t know what she is talking about from one moment to the next.”

 

 

“I bet,” she said skeptically.

 

 

He stopped in front of her and bent his head to kiss her on the cheek but she sidestepped him before he could make contact. She looked around to see if anyone had entered to see the gesture from him but no one had come in.  “So she was acting shady,” he thought. 

 

 

“No kiss for me today, Songbird?”

 

 

“Someone might come in and I don’t really want it getting back to Devon.”

 

 

“So you are going to let him dictate to you,” he asked walking up to her again.

 

 

He heard her sigh. “It’s not that.”

 

 

“Well what is it?” His mood was deteriorating by the second.

 

 

“Can we talk about this later,” she said getting annoyed. “I want to-“

 

 

“I want my kiss Songbird,” he said.  He lifted his hand to her cheek and ran his thumb over her lower lip. 

 

 

“First let me show you the information I found. It’s in my room. Come on,” she said walking off.

 

 

His mind immediately went to the possibilities that could occur while alone with her in a bedroom. So he allowed her to walk away without satisfying his need for a kiss.  If he played this right, he would get more than a kiss.  She headed for the stairs.  And he followed closely behind.  He was sure she had no clue where his mind was.

 

 

As they ascended the stairs, he couldn’t take his eyes off of her butt.  She was wearing these tight jeans and boots with a cream shirt and black leather jacket.  He wanted so badly to reach out and touch her as he watched her hips sway from side to side.

 

 

After they topped the stairs, passed a few doors, her suite was on the left.  He filed that information for future reference.

 

 

She opened the door and walked in expecting him to follow her.  He did so and closed the door behind him. She took off her coat and threw it on the chair next to the bed.  He did the same.

 

 

Location: The Party Tent on the Chancellor Grounds

 

 

Olivia walked into the tent in awe of Chloe’s party planning talents. The kids were playing with the different games and feeding the ponies, while the parents were in a picnic type area.  She walked up to see most of everyone there.  But the people she wanted to see had not arrived.

 

 

“Hello all” she said as Neil rose to kiss her cheek followed by Devon.

 

 

“Hey...Hi…Hello” she heard coming from different people.

 

 

“So where’s the birthday girl.” she said sitting down on an empty bench.  “And look at my handsome god son.”

 

 

“Oh, I am sure Delia is riding the ponies,” Jack Abbot said with a smile as he rose from his bench to sit close beside Olivia.  He pushed her hair behind her ear and kissed her on the cheek.  After all these years, Jack would still flirt with anyone in a skirt.  It never ceased to amaze her.  Good thing she never took him seriously.

 

 

“I’m sure.  She loves those ponies,” she said to Jack.  She turned towards Lily, “And where is my niece and nephew?”  

 

 

“Oh Billy took them to see the clowns,” Lily said.

 

 

“Where’s Harmony.  I would have thought that she would be here.”

 

 

“Oh.  I left her in the house with Tucker,” Abby said.

 

 

“With Tucker,” Devon questioned irritably. 

 

 

 

“Well I got caught giving her the low down on who Tucker is.  She didn’t seem at all phased by my revelations. I am thinking he hasn’t reeled her in yet. But he will. All womanizers are experts at that.”

 

 

Olivia noticed Neil scowl.

 

 

Devon immediately rose and said, “Uhm, I’m going to find my mom.  I know she wouldn’t want to miss out on the fun and games.”

 

 

“I doubt the fun here is near comparable to the fun that can be had in the house with Tucker,” Nina said under her breath with a smile. 

 

 

“You know what. I think I will accompany you son,” Neil said.

 

 

“Harmony is an adult.  I am sure she is more than capable of taking care of herself,” Sophia told Neil.  Olivia could tell that something was going on with them.  With any luck it wasn’t anything serious.  She really had hopes of the marriage working for Moses’ sake. 

 

 

Neil didn’t respond.  He walked out behind Devon.

 

 

 

Location: Harmony’s Suite

 

 

“So this is the information I was talking about,” she said as she gave him the papers.

 

 

“Okay.  I see the number here.  Let me just call right now and see what they have to say,” he said.

 

 

He dialed the number as he sat down on the bed in the middle of the room. He patted the space beside him for Harmony to join him.  To his amazement, she did. 

 

 

“May I speak with Dr. Steven Hillsboro,” he said as he clasped her hand with his own and intertwined their fingers.

 

 

“This is he”

 

 

“Dr. Hillsboro, this is Tucker McCall.”

 

 

“Of McCall Unlimited?”

 

 

“Yes”

 

 

“How may I help you sir.”

 

 

“My son suffers from hearing loss from meningitis.  It has been brought to my attention that you do research on those types of patients and I was wondering if my son would be a good candidate for your new procedures.”

 

 

“Well, there is no way for me to tell you without looking at his records and examining him.  But I tell you what.  I can make a special trip out to see him next week to be sure one way or the other. Where is he located?”

 

 

“That would be great. Thanks. And we are in Genoa City, Wisconsin.”

 

 

“I am always happy to assist one of our major donors.” Tucker was not surprised at him willing to come out.  This is the type of response he usually got from people.

 

 

“Well just give me a call with the details later today when you know your exact plans.”

 

 

“Will do.”

 

 

“Thanks again.”

 

 

“No.  Thank you.  Without your funding, none of this would be possible.”

 

 

“I look forward to hearing from you. Bye.”

 

 

“Bye.”

 

 

He hung up to phone and turned towards her.

 

“So what did he say? Can they help him?”

 

 

“Well, he is not sure. The doctor will fly out next week to examine him and will let us know.”

 

 

With that she let go of his hand and hugged him tightly around the neck. “Thank you,” she said excitedly. He wrapped his arms around her waist to anchor her to him as her breasts were pressed against his chest. She felt just as good in his arms today as she did last night.  At least now he knew it wasn’t some aberration. It wasn’t just the moment of remembering her.  This woman belonged in his arms.

 

 

She leaned back to look into his eyes.  Her arms were still around his neck. “Thank you.”

 

 

“So surely now I deserve that kiss you denied me earlier,” he said.

 

 

She smiled.  “Yes, you do,” she said softly.

 

 

And before he could respond, she kissed him lightly on the lips.

 

 

“mmmmm,” she moaned. And he became immediately aroused. 

 

 

He deepened the kiss slipping his tongue into her mouth.  She rubbed her tongue against his. She tasted sweet.  If it were possible, even sweeter than last night. 

 

 

He pushed her lightly to lay her down on the bed.  She lay back and scooted up to the pillows.  He knew she was trying to put some distance between them because she wanted to end their kiss but he wasn’t ready yet. So he followed her up and lay beside her.  He was on his side propping his head up with on hand while the other rubbed her abdomen as she lay on her back.  It amazed him that she had once carried his son there.

 

 

“Do you know how sweet you taste” he asked before kissing her softly and slowly on the lips.

 

 

“I could lay here and kiss you for hours.  Days even.  And never get tired of it,” he said has he kissed her lingeringly again.

 

 

“Tucker.  Why are you making it so hard for me?  Why can’t you accept no,” she pleaded with her eyes closed. 

 

 

“Because then I would be doing us both a disservice. Besides, you feel it too. You admitted it last night.”

 

 

He rubbed his hand from her stomach to her side down her thigh to her knee.  He lifted her leg then ran his hand back up her thigh to squeeze her butt.  “Look at how well you fit me,”  he said. It still amazed him.

 

 

Then he slid his hand up from her butt over her waist to cup her breast. “Every part of you fits me like you were made for my hands,” he said hoarsely. 

 

 

“Mmmmm,” she said as he cupped and lifted her breast and rubbed the nipple through her shirt with his thumb. He saw her clutching the comforter. She had both hands balled up into tight fists. Probably to keep from touching him. He figured she wouldn’t let go so he decided to push the boundaries. He began unbuttoning her shirt.  When she didn’t protest he continued. After a few seconds he had her shirt open and was looking at her breast through a lacy black bra with a front clasp.

 

 

“You’re so beautiful,” he said.  He used one finger to rub the tops of one breast slowly. Then the other. 

 

 

“Thank you,” she said with a small smile with her eyes still closed.

 

 

He undid the clasp and her breast sprang free.  Her nipples were a dark brown and were very hard.  He reached out and squeezed her left breast and rolled her nipple between his thumb and finger.

 

 

“mmmmm,” she moaned and he responded as on cue.

 

 

“So beautiful,” he said kissing her again on the lips and trailing his mouth down her neck to lick her right nipple with the tip of his tongue.

 

 

“Miiiiick,” she moaned.

 

 

“Do you like that Candy,” he asked in a whisper.

 

 

“Yes,” she said.  He could tell that she was almost done fighting it.

 

 

He sucked her nipple fully into his mouth while still rolling the other between thumb and finger.

 

 

“Mick, please,” she said.

 

 

“Please what,” he asked with her nipple still in his mouth.  Because at this point he didn’t know what she wanted.  Was she asking him to stop or to continue?

 

 

“I don’t know,” she finished weakly. 

 

 

Still propped on his elbow, he raised his head from her breast and looked at her. She was not only lying to him but she was lying to herself.  He knew he could sleep with her right now.  But he wanted to hear her consent. And he wanted her to acknowledge her own consent.  He didn’t want her stating he took advantage of the situation later on.

 

 

“Your breasts are beautiful Songbird.  You know I have had this fantasy about them for weeks now.” At that she opened her eyes and looked at him. He could only smile.  He stopped rubbing her nipple and slid his hand down her stomach to the button of her jeans.  He flicked it lightly back and forth with his pointer finger.

 

 

“You seem surprised,” he asked.

 

 

“A little.”

 

 

“If only you knew how I have obsessed about knowing exactly how hard they will feel against my tongue while you come around me as I am buried deep inside you.”  I heard her gasp. 

 

 

“ Will today be the day I find out? Hmmm,” he said slowly.

 

 

“Mick,” she hesitated then finished. “Baby,  you know how much I want you.  I know you do. You are too experienced not to see it. But I am not ready.  And more importantly, Devon is not ready.  I have too much to lose.  Everything that I have wor-“ she stopped as her voice cracked and a tear rolled from the corner of her eye down towards her ear.  He could see the war raging in her eyes. Her love for their son versus her own desire and affection for him.  He knew just how much she loved their son.  And he found it exciting that her need for him rivaled it.  Although he knew it was wrong, he found her torture breathtaking.

 

 

“I understand,” he said as he flicked the button on her jeans hard enough to unbutton them.

 

 

“You do,” she asked.  He heard the amazement in her voice.

 

 

“I agree.  Devon is not ready. But I think you are,” he said as he unzipped her jeans.

 

 

“Baby, no,” she said.

 

 

Tucker felt himself getting more desperate by the minute. He was willing to make concessions.  Especially if they led to the ultimate prize the way he thought that they would.

 

 

“So how about a compromise then”, he said. “ Hhhm. No intercourse. No penetration. And I can still find out how hard your beautiful nipples feel against my tongue as you come for me. I just won’t be inside you when it happens. I can live with that. So, will today be the day Songbird,” he asked as pushed his hand inside her jeans.

 

 

She looked at Tucker and smiled. “Yes,” she said with her voice shaking as she stopped his hand before his fingers reached their goal. “But not right now. Not here.”

 

 

They stared into each other’s eyes for a while.  He weighed his options.  Should he trust her word or not.  He was not prepared to wait another day to make her his.  It had to be today.  But if he pushed her now, she may not continue. 

 

 

“Alright . Later then,” he said as he took his hands from her jeans and rubbed it slowly from her stomach, between her breasts, to cup her cheek.  He softly kissed her lips. 

 

 

She pushed his hand away, rose, and got up off the bed and began restoring her clothes.

 

“Mom, are you in there,” they both heard their son say from the other side of the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Episode 9 by Diva58

Episode 9

Time: Same day as last episode, Noon

Location: Genoa City Airport

Roxy’s plane had just landed.  She had thought to call Devon to pick her up but she decided to surprise him. So her sister Tamara was picking her up.  Thanks to Lauren she knew exactly where Devon would be.  And as luck would have it her sister was planning on going there anyway.  She was really good friends with Chloe Mitchell.  Roxy wasn’t much a fan herself after all that stuff went down with Lily and Cane but to each their own.  Chloe was at least tolerable.  And since Chloe and Lily were now on friendly terms, who was she to hold a grudge on her behalf. 

Roxy was standing at baggage claim when she heard her sister call her name.

“Rox.”

She turned as her sister enveloped her in arms. 

“Tam. I missed you sis.”

“Yeah me too.  It’s one of the reasons I moved back.”

“I know you are going to tell me that I am crazy considering all you have gone through to get a job in your major.  But I resigned from Forrester.  I will be working at Fenmore’s now.  And I will not be traveling for weeks on end anymore.”

Tam just stared at her like she was stupid.  After a good 15 seconds, she couldn’t take it any longer.

“Say something girl.”

“Well, I was attempting to hold it in because you won’t like what I am about to say,” Tamara said.

“Just say it,” she felt herself getting irritated.  And she and her sister had only been in the same town for less than 5 minutes.  It never failed.

“Fine.  Roxeanne, I know you are not rearranging your life and sacrificing your lifelong dream on a man.  Devon Winters no less. He who has cheated once and bound to do so again.”

“Devon would never do that again. He learned his lesson the first time.  Believe you me. He knows not to play with me,” Roxy said with confidence.

“Well, we will see. I can’t wait to see his face when he gets this announcement,” Tamara said with a smirk.

“What do you mean?”

“Devon is not a dummy by any stretch.  He will know just like everyone else that you are done traveling because you are ready to settle down.  And probably get married.”

Tamara and Roxy were only one year apart with Tammy being the oldest.  Maybe that was why Tammy had always been able to read her. And this time was no exception.

“So what if I am.  Is that such a crime?” Roxy loved Devon and she wanted to be his wife.  Why did her crazy sister have to make it seem like she was the crazy one for making strides towards getting what she wanted.

“No, as long as you two are on the same page,” Tammy said as she looked at Roxy.  Her face must have given her away because Tammy continued with, “Goodness gracious, you are counting your chickens before they hatch. You have moved here yet you have no clue what Devon wants do you?”

“We haven’t really talked about it but I know he loves me.”

Tamara sighed at her response and said nothing more as they began to pull her luggage off the conveyor belt.

“Just say it Tam.”

“Okay. I just think it is ridiculous for you to give up your dream job for a man. Look at me.  I have been trying to get a job at a magazine since I graduated almost 4 years ago. Side note, I got one that I will be starting Monday.  Restless Style.  Yeah. But anyway-“

“Hold up a minute.  Restless Style. You know that is a gossip rag don’t you.  It’s not very reputable.”

“Well, a girl’s got to start somewhere. Especially if they can’t find a rich man to marry. You know,” Tammy said jokingly.

“I feel you on that.  I really do.”

“Enough about my job woes. Let’s go so that we can reunite you with the cheating lover boy.”

“Will you ever let him live that down?  He made a mistake.”

“Oh yes, because everyone can mistakenly have their dick fall into their fake aunt on the couch in the living room of their house.  And not even bother to lock the door.  I still can’t believe that part,” Tamara said in astonishment.

Roxy touched Tammy’s arm. “Please, do not mention the whole cheating fiasco at this party. Please,” she begged.

“I promise nothing,” Tam said as she held her head high and walked off.

 

Location:  Tent on the grounds of the Chancellor Mansion

Lily was having a great time at the party.  “It would be better if she had brought a date”, she thought.  But she wasn’t the only person there without a date it seemed.  Nikki Newman was also alone.  She had been sitting with Lauren talking when she caught Lily’s eye and smiled.  She excused herself from Lauren and headed over to Lily.

“Lily dear.  How are you?”

“I am good.  Things are going well.”

“Yes. I am sure.  But I also remember what it was like. I bet you are starting to go stir crazy in the house alone huh.”

“Yeah.  Something like that.” 

“You know.  The Arts Benefits Gala is coming up in a few weeks and I could really use some help with the final preparations.  And I thought that you would be the perfect person to assist me.”

Lily was flattered that she would ask her. “Of course.  Just let me know what I need to do.”

“Thanks sweetheart. Let’s just meet Monday morning at the club to go over some things.  Say around 9.  Make sure you bring those beautiful babies.”

“Oh no, I don’t think that is a good idea.  They’re cute but they are too demanding.  We won’t get a thing done.”

“Well if you say so but just remember, you can always bring them.” 

“Thanks Nikki.  Thanks for thinking of me.  I have been wanting something to keep me busy.  I love being a mom but sometimes I wish I also had a job.  Just to have an adult conversation.”

“I know exactly how you feel.  Let this be a start.”

 

 

Location:  Harmony’s bedroom in the Chancellor Mansion

Neil stood outside of Harmony’s bedroom waiting for her to acknowledge Devon knocking on the door.

“Come in”, she said. 

Devon tried the door but it was locked.  Neil hoped that Tucker wasn’t in the bedroom with her.  But he didn’t see him anywhere else so he figured that he was wishing in vein.

“It’s locked mom,” Devon said.

She opened the door and said, “Hey baby.” She hugged Devon and finished with, “It’s nice to see you.  I haven’t in a couple of days.”

“Mom, all you had to do was call.  I would have come by,” Devon said brushing past his mother and entering her room.

Neil studied Harmony for a moment.  She looked a bit disheveled.  He wondered if Devon noticed. He made eye contact with her in silent enquiry.  She blushed as she looked away. 

“Why,” Neil asked himself upset.  Why would Harmony get involved with Tucker?  Because as much as he hated to believe it at first.  This was conclusive evidence.  He tried to remain calm. 

“Tucker, why are you in my mom’s room,” Devon asked.

Before he could answer, Harmony spoke. “Baby, we were discussing you.  Tucker and I just got off the phone with a doctor who might be able to restore you hearing. Isn’t that great news,” she said with a smile.

“Why are you making calls on my behalf with Tucker?”

“Well, he is a benefactor and I thought that he could get things done quicker.”

“Oh, so I guess this is another attempt at him trying to force his way into my life.”

“Devon, it’s not like that at-“

“Hold on Candy. Devon’s a smart man. He knows that I want a chance to get to know him.  So it makes sense that he would think this,” Tucker said. 

Neil wanted to interject but decided that he would let his son handle this situation.  He would get his chance later.

“But Mick, it wasn’t like that,” Harmony said as she walked over to stand just in front of Tucker and reached for his hand.  She seemed to be to be trying to protect him or comfort him for some reason.  Either way, it was an intimate gesture that grated on Neil.

“We know but he doesn’t.”

“You guys are talking about me like I am not in the room.”

“Sorry,” she said turning around to face Devon. She was still standing too close to Tucker for Neil. “But I called Tucker and asked him to contact the institute.  And he did.  The doctor wants to fly out next week to examine you.”

“Well, let me think about it and I will let you know,” Devon said.

“Fine Devon.  But I want to let you know that you are acting like a fool. Anyone in your position would jump at the chance.”

Devon smiled. “Mom, you really know how to put a guy in his place don’t you.”

“Yes, she does,” Tucker said with a smile looking at Harmony.

“Come on. Let’s go down stairs.  I know you don’t want to miss the games,” Devon said to his mother.

“Okay, let me get my coat,” she said. Tucker picked up her coat to hold it open for her.  After she had slipped her arms through the sleeves, he rubbed both his hands from her shoulders down her arms. Devon stiffened.  Tucker reached for his coat and Neil asked, “Tucker do you mind if I talk to you for a minute?”

“Not at all.  I also think we need to talk.  I will see you downstairs in a little while Songbird.  I am expecting you to be my partner in the games,” he said.  She smiled at him and walked off. 

When they left Neil closed the door behind them.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion Foyer

Tamara and her sister were standing in the foyer and the Chancellor Mansion talking to Esther, Chloe’s mother.  She had always loved Esther.  She would come visit her and Chloe when they were in college at least once a month. She would always clean their dorm room and take them out to dinner. 

“Tammy, I am so glad that you are back in town.  Chloe could use a friend.  Especially with all this Kevin stuff happening. You know he is back. But she hasn’t heard anything from him.  Let’s hope he doesn’t show up today.”

“Oh, he had better not.”

Before she could finish she heard Devon’s surprised voice coming from the stairs.

“Roxy?” He ran down the stairs to hug her sister tightly. “What are you doing here? I didn’t think you were coming back until next week.”

“I changed my plans.  I missed you,” her sister said as she leaned back in his arms to look in his eyes. They stared at each other for a few seconds then began to kiss intimately. After a few seconds the kiss became deeper.

“Mhum,” the lady who was with Devon cleared her throat loudly, startling the couple who immediately broke apart.

“Oh. Sorry mom,” Devon said. 

So that was Devon’s mother who had chosen drugs over him for most of his life.  She didn’t look like a drug addict but Tammy had lived long enough to know that drug addicts didn’t fit any certain model.

His mother smirked and raised her eyebrows at him while he blushed.

“Mom, you already met Roxy.  But this is her sister Tamara.”

“Hi Roxy. Tamara.”

“Hey,” she and her sister said in unison.

“Ms. Hamilton, it’s nice to see you again.  You just don’t know how much your son talks about you,” Roxy said.  Tammy could only smile at her sister ingratiating herself with Devon’s mother. She knew Roxy wasn’t doing this on purpose, it was just the way she was. Well, if she wanted to marry him, this was definitely the way to go.

“I don’t know whether that is a good thing or not,” Harmony said with a smile.  But Tammy noticed that it was something in her voice that was unsure.

“Oh, most definitely good.  I haven’t seen him this happy in a long time and I know it is because of you.”

“Okay, enough of this talking about me,” Devon said.

“Tamara. What coincidence.  I didn’t know this when I interviewed you.  Hopefully, Billy has contacted you by now.”

“He did this morning. And I start Monday.  Thanks.”

“No.  Thanks to you I won’t be working a job and a half now. You have taken so much stress from me.”

“Happy to do it.”

“Let’s head out to the party you guys,” Esther said. “Chloe will be ecstatic to see you Tammy.”

 

Location:  Harmony’s bedroom in the Chancellor Mansion

Tucker stood near the bed he had just been laying on kissing his Songbird.  He knew that his erection was probably blatant.  But he didn’t really care. It had only been a day since he had started to really pursue her but it seemed like weeks.  He was already tired of her excuses as to why they couldn’t be together. At this point, he didn’t think Devon would ever accept them together.  But he didn’t think it should stop them. And now, he was pretty sure Neil was about to warn him away from her.  It was futile but he would allow Neil to say his piece.

“Tucker, just what is it that we walked in on here?”

“It’s none of your business Neil.”

“It is my business when it involves my family.”

“Listen, I don’t need your approval to spend time with the mother of my son.”

“Your son? Let’s get this straight.  Devon is my son,” Neil said in a low tone.

“Yes, but Harmony is not yours now is she?”

“She’s not yours either.  You walked away from them both. You never gave either of them a real thought. You lived your life while she numbed her disappointment with drugs and Devon languished in foster care. You never cared one iota for either one of them. You didn’t even know her name.”

Tucker was getting angrier by the second. No one knew his choices and what they had cost him better than himself. Although what Neil said was true.  It wasn’t all encompassing.  He did know his Songbird.  And she knew him. And it hurt him to walk away from her. He didn’t realize how much until last night. But he was not about to explain himself to Neil.

“How do you know what happened Neil? I ask again, were you there,” Tucker asked in an even tone.  He refused to allow his anger to show. He vowed he would remain as in control as Neil appeared although he was raging on the inside.

“I didn’t have to be there. But I was there for Devon and Harmony when it counted. And you weren’t.”

“Oh yeah.  Because you are such an upstanding guy.  That’s right. All great men sleep with their brother’s fiancée and get her pregnant.” If it were left up to Tucker, Sophia wouldn’t be with Neil. But she thought it was best so he chose to support her in her decision.

“But at least I didn’t abandon her to take care of my son on her own. I am right beside her every step of the way.”

“Look, I admit that I made mistakes with Candy.  Some that I will regret for the rest of my life.  But I will not let anyone come between us again. And that includes you.”

“And what about Devon. Hhm. Will you disregard his feelings? Does that anyone include him?”

“Devon will come around.” At least he hoped Devon would come around.  Being honest with himself, he wasn’t sure but he would not show that weakness to Neil.

“If you knew Devon you would know that he is as stubborn as a mule.  Do you even know why he hates the idea of you and Harmony?”

Tucker remained silent.  He had no real idea.

“I figured as much. Harmony is his mother.  For all her faults, he has always loved her more than is good for him.  He doesn’t like that you used her and tossed her aside like she meant nothing. He has no respect for any man who would do that. So, if you think he would ever forgive such a slight, you are sadly mistaken.”

Although he didn’t realize it, Neil had just given him the information he needed.  He would sit down with Devon and explain to him what had really happened between him and Harmony.  She wasn’t just some random woman. What they had was special. She was special.

“And let me tell you something else.  I will not allow you to hurt either of them again. I think it is wise for you to keep your distance from them both.  At first I was all for Devon getting to know you. I even pushed him to do it. But look at you. Barely broken up from Ashley and already moved on to pushing up on Harmony regardless of Devon’s feelings. With your track record with women, you’re bound to hurt her again. And that will hurt Devon. I am not having it. You walk away far too easily for me to ever entrust them to you.”

“It’s not up to you to trust me with someone that already belongs to me.  They are already mine. Both of them. They’re my family. Besides, I would never take orders from a man who has taken orders all his life.”

“I don’t take orders from anyone anymore.”

“And that is because I allow it. I could take that little dream of yours if I so chose.”

“Not so little,” Neil said with a smile. “You wanted it. Still do, if I am not mistaken.”

“I have allowed you to keep it out of respect for Devon, Harmony, and Sophia. But if you continue to push me, even they won’t be able to deter me.”

“Do your worst Tucker.  Do your worst,” Neil said as he turned and walked from the room.

Tucker waited a few minutes to get himself under control.   Then he followed Neil out to the party.

 

Location:  Tent on the grounds of the Chancellor Mansion

Chloe was standing with Billy watching the kids enjoy the clown show with Billy at her side.  He was being very attentive to her today.  Even more so than usual. This was her first chance to have a real conversation with him since the kids arrived.

“So you still haven’t heard from Victoria?”

“No, I haven’t. I am a little disappointed that she didn’t come to the party though.”

“Well the party isn’t over yet.  But you have to understand this news is still fresh. Give her time.”

“Yeah. I just –“

Billy was cut off by a feminine voice saying, “Hey chica.”

Chloe turned to see her best friend, Tammy approaching.  She ran to her and they embraced.  “I can’t believe that you have been in town two days and just decided to come by,” Chloe said in playful indignation.

“I had to focus all my attention on getting a job first.  And I did.  Thanks to Harmony for recommending me and Billy for having the wisdom to listen to her. Now I might have to retract that statement I made about him not having taste,” she said widening her eyes. Then they both laughed.

“I am so glad that you are here. Now, let’s pray that Kevin doesn’t show up.”

“Huh, I will make him wish he didn’t, if he does,” Tammy said in all seriousness.

“Oh yes, I am glad that you are back in town.  So come on.  Help me with the kiddies.”

 

Tucker walked into the tent excited about the future.  He had a date with Harmony tonight and a clear path to getting Devon to soften towards him.  Not even the sight of Neil, Devon, Abby, and Jack glaring at him could change his mood. He felt invigorated after his altercation with Neil.  He was still unsure about how he was going to play things with Bell. Neil had issued a challenge.  Everything in him said “pick it up”.  But he had a family to think about now.  He couldn’t just do as he pleased anymore. 

“Hey all,” he said as he approached the table. He noticed an empty seat beside Harmony and made to sit there.  Devon was on the other side of her with his girlfriend Roxy sitting on the bench beside him.

“Hey Soph,” he said as he bent and kissed Sophia on the top of the head as he passed her. She smiled in return.

“So I see you saved me a seat Songbird,” he whispered after he sat down. “Thank you.”

“Well, I felt sorry for you.  I think you might need some protection in this crowd,” she said with a smile.

“So let’s start these games huh,” Jack said with smile. “Of course the pretty doctor here will be my partner.” Tucker noticed the way he was leaning towards Olivia.  He wondered what was going on there but didn’t have time to really think about it before Devon spoke.

“Mom will be my partner,” he said smiling at her.

“Of course I will baby,” Harmony said.

Tucker wasn’t surprised to hear Devon attempt to thwart his plans. The boy just had to put himself between himself and Harmony.  Tucker felt like they were having a tug of war with her.  And of course, if put in a position to make a choice, she would always choose their son.  He expected nothing differently.

“I have been abandoned by my boyfriend for his mother.  I don’t know how I will survive this slight,” Roxy said laughing.

“I will be your partner Roxy,” Chance said eagerly.  Almost too eagerly, Tucker thought.  But Devon didn’t seem to notice.

“Well, why not,” she said rising to go sit beside Chance.

“How do you like that? Abandoned. Devon is a good son.  He chooses his mother over a young pretty face.  My son hasn’t quite gotten their yet,” Nina said with smile.

 

Ashley was a little nervous about arriving with Paul.  She knew she should have informed someone other than Abby about their relationship but she just didn’t feel like hearing it.

They walked into the tent hand in hand as they heard everyone arguing about who would be partners. The first person she saw was Tucker who was sitting next to Harmony.  He looked happy. Certainly not like a man whose wife had just left him.  Maybe there was something to what Abby said about him and Harmony after all.

“Hello everybody.  Where’s the birthday girl?”

“She is over with the clowns,” Abby said pointing to the other side of the tent.

She made eye contact with Tucker and he smiled.  It was confirmed. Tucker was not at all fazed by her leaving him.  But Jack, on the other hand, looked very concerned.

“Ash, can I see you outside for a moment,” he said as Olivia’s phone rang. She stood, walked off to answer it.

“Is it important Jack?”  She knew exactly what he wanted. And this was not the time.

“I think so.”

She sighed preparing to go out with him when Olivia came back with a concerned look.  “Paul, something is happening with Rickey.  We need to head to the hospital.  Right now.”

“Okay.  Do you know anything?”

“No details.  But we need to go now.”

Paul turned to her and said, “It’s your nieces birthday, you don’t have to come you know. You can stay here.”

“I know that Paulie, but I want to be there for you.  Let’s go.”

 

John walked into the party tent brimming with excitement. He passed Ashley and he assumed her new lover on the way in.  He saw Tucker and Sophia sitting with a group of people and headed in that direction.

“Hello all.  Seems I am a little late to this shindig.”

“What’s new? You’re always late.  Everyone, this is John, a friend and business associate of mine,” Tucker said.

He heard different greetings from all around then took a seat right across from Tucker.

“So, Tucker,” he said as he raised his eyebrows.

“James, this is Harmony. And Devon,” Tucker said. If John hadn’t seen it with his own eyes, he would never believe that Tucker was capable of blushing.

“So Harmony, Tucker tells me you turned down a job offer to work for me. I promise it wouldn’t have been that bad.”

“Yeah. That’s what they all say to reel you in. Then they work your fingers to the bone,” Jill said playfully.

“And you are,” James asked.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?  But I am not in the mood to provide the answer.”

“Hhmm, I am sure I will get the answer before I leave.”

This woman was interesting and good looking James thought.  He wondered if she was attached.  Probably not since she seemed to be openly flirting with him.

“Neil Winters,” a man said as he stood and reached across the table to offer his hand.

“Nice to meet you,” he said in reply.  The man appeared just as rigid as Tucker had made him out to be.  He couldn’t believe that this seemingly passionless man was married to Sophia.  She had so much spirit. He was surprised that he hadn’t stamped it out yet. He saw no one else around that could possibly be the cousin that Tucker detested.  If Neil was any indication, he was fairly certain he was right about those two. They had better sense than to mess around with Tucker’s lady while she worked for them and her being Devon’s mother.

 

Chance was having a great time talking to Roxy at another table.  Devon seemed so focused on his mother that he hadn’t even given her another thought. His careless behavior was Chance’s gain.

“I just got back in town today,” she said smiling.

“So did I. Originally, I was supposed to re-enlist but that didn’t happen due to medical reasons.”

“Oh, really.  Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am fine.  It was because I donated part of my liver to my brother.”

“That’s noble.  Especially sense it cost you your place in the military.”

“But I don’t regret it”. And he didn’t.  There was no way his mother could take the death of his brother after she had just found him again. “Besides, this gives me a chance to start something new. I will be working with my grandmother as her right hand at Chancellor.”

“Something else we have in common.  I have a new job too.  I will be working as the Vice President of Product Merchandising and Development at Fenmore's.”

“Sounds exciting. Besides, Lauren is great.  I admit to being biased, she is my aunt.” They both looked in Lauren’s direction.  When she noticed them, she acknowledged them with a smile and a wave.

“Yeah, it is exciting, but not as exciting as the term “right hand”.  What does that mean anyway? Will you be the enforcer? The strong arm.  Either way, I am sure you will be excellent at it,” she said laughing.

He smiled at her having faith in him.  Of course, she didn’t really know and was only joking but he appreciated it all the same. “I’m not sure what it means. I don’t start until Monday.  But when I do, you will be the first to know.”

He noticed her looking in the direction of the kids with the clowns. This wasn’t the first time she had done so.

“Would you like to go see what the kids are doing with the clowns,” he asked with a smile.  He could tell that Roxy was special, not many beautiful fashionable women would want to willingly spend time with the clown and the kids at a birthday party.  Well, at least none he knew.

She looked back at Devon who only had eyes for his mother. “Yes. That would be fun.”

“Okay,” he said rising from his seat. He reached for her hand to help her up. “Let’s go,” he said as he placed his hand at the small of her back to usher her past him.

 

 

Harmony saw Roxy walk off with Chance and nudged Devon’s knee with her own.  When he looked at her she gestured with her head in their direction. Devon looked at them and smiled at her.

“Roxy is very friendly.  She never meets a stranger,” he said proudly.

That might be so but Roxy had just come back in town, Devon should be the one with her.  Instead he was glued to her side. “Yeah.  But she just got back into town.  Surely she wants to spend time with you.”

Just as she said that Abby sat down right next to Devon.

“She’s okay. Besides, we will go out to eat later tonight.  Maybe go out to a club or two.”

“Oh, you are going out tonight?  Which club? I will meet you there,” Abby said eagerly looking at Devon.  There was no mistaken the interest in her eyes.

Was her son always this clueless when it came to women? He surely didn’t get that from Neil. And most definitely not from Tucker. 

“Probably Level 3,” he told Abby.

“I am sure Roxy does not want to go out to a club tonight. Maybe you should stay in.  Order take out. Oh. And Candles and flowers,” she told Devon.

“Roxy is not the romantic type,” Devon said.

Harmony heard Tucker laugh at the comment.

“What is that supposed to mean,” Devon said leaning forward looking at Tucker. He was still whispering but she could tell that he was upset.

“All women are the romantic type.  That’s all,” Tucker said in his usual tone.

“Well you are the one to know right. You know exactly how to suck a woman in.  Get her to care about you so that you can sleep with her then abandon her.  No thanks.  I’d rather not play that game,” Devon said irritated.

“Devon, that was totally uncalled for. And it was disrespectful,” Harmony said dismayed over Devon’s overreaction.

“It’s the truth. Right,” Devon said as he stood and walked over in the direction of Roxy.

Abby watched Devon leave. Her disappointment was evident.   She hoped Devon didn’t get  himself in trouble with Abby. 

“I am so sorry Mick,” Harmony said as she placed her hand on Tucker’s thigh closest to her. He covered her hand with his own and smiled.

“You’re just as sweet as ever you know that.  Don’t apologize for Devon.  He is a grown man. Besides, he was only stuck to you because he knows.”

“Knows? Knows what,” she asked.

“Knows that I want you. And that I am willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen,” he said as he rubbed his fingers over her hand on his thigh.

She blushed because Devon was right.  Tucker definitely knew how to talk a girl out of her panties.  Because regardless of what she had told him last night and herself every night since they had come face to face again, her panties were ready to fly off. She looked across the table to see John watching them with a knowing smile. 

 

Kevin walked into the tent on a clear mission.  He would apologize to Chloe for not going through with the wedding.  If he was so inclined, he knew he could blame it on Angelina’s drama.  Or her father’s threats.  But deep down he knew he was lying.  He didn’t marry Chloe because he knew that she didn’t love him like she should.  At first it didn’t bother him so much. He felt he could love her enough for both of them. But then, the more time he spent around Angelina and saw how she really had deep feelings for him.  The more he realized that he wanted more from Chloe than she could give.  He wasn’t currently in love with Angie, but she loved him.  This was more than what he could say for Chloe. 

He saw them over near the kids and the clowns so he headed in that direction. 

“Oh uh uh,” he heard Tammy say and knew he was in for it.  Of all the times for Tammy to be back, this was not it. She would only make this harder for him.

When she said they all turned to watch his approach.  When he got a few feet away, Billy stepped up to meet him with a punch to the face.

“How dare you show up here after hurting Chloe?  At my little girl’s party no less. You classless chipmunk bastard.”

Kevin was bent over holding his bleeding nose so he couldn’t reply just yet.

He heard Kay walk up behind him and say, “Billy.  This is not the time or the place. You’re scaring the kids. Take this outside if you must hash it out.”  She must have entered the tent behind him.

“Oh yeah. Take him outside and hash it out Billy,” Tammy said as Chloe remained quiet.

“I came to see Chloe.  I wanted to talk to her and no else,” Kevin said after finally getting his bearings.

“Okay, I will talk to him. Let’s go Kevin.”

“Billy, stay here. I will come with you Chloe.  I won’t interfere.  I will just be there if you need me,” Chance said.

“Okay”

Chance then turned to Roxy and said, “Roxanne, I won’t be long okay.”

“Have you forgotten? She’s not here with you bro. She’s here with me,” Devon said challengingly.

“Oh really.  Could have fooled me, cause I thought you were here with your mother,” Chance said with a smile and followed Chloe out.

Tamara laughed as she looked at Devon’s face turning red with anger and said, “What an exciting party.”

 

Chloe would allow Kevin to say his piece and send him on his way.  When they stood outside the tent she turned and said, “Speak.”

“First I just want to say how sorry I am about how things went down.  Angelina lied about her ex-boyfriend wanting to kill me.  She said that your life and Delia’s was in danger. And that Carmine could hurt you.  But it was all a set up.  Once I found this out, her father did too and assumed that we were lovers.  So he tried to kill me for that.  We were on the run for some time and then we made it to her father’s private island to hide out.  The only thing that kept me alive was the fact that I married her.”

Chloe realized at that moment that Kevin was an idiot.  She didn’t care to here anymore of the story.  The knowledge that Kevin had married Angelina had her feeling nothing.  She knew that this all happened for the best.  The one bad thing in all of this was that she would miss Kevin’s friendship. After all that had happened, there was no way she trusted him.  Thusly, they couldn’t be friends. 

“Okay.  Thanks for telling me,” she said.

“But that’s not all.”

“Oh yes it is.  I’m done with you,” she said as she patted his chest and walked back into the tent with Chance at her heels.

“Are you okay,” he said.

“I am better than okay,” she said with a smile.  And she was.  She felt great. She had just dodged a bullet in not marrying Kevin. 

“Good girl,” Chance said with a wink.

 

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Rickey woke up wondering why he didn’t feel any pain in his chest or that tube down his throat. Actually, he wasn’t at the hospital at all. He seemed to be in the garden behind his grandparents’ house. It was such a beautiful day.  The sun was shining and it was so warm.

“Rickey”

He turned towards the voice to see his mother standing behind him.

“Mommy,” he said in an uncertain voice.  He didn’t have any memories of his mother.  He recognized her from pictures around the house.  She was just as beautiful in person as she was in those pictures. 

“Yes, it’s mommy.  I came to get you son.  It’s time to go.”

“Go where?”

“Home baby. Home,” she said as she reached out her hand for his.

He clasped his hand with hers.  They walked hand in hand as they disappeared into the shrubbery.

 

 

Location:  Tent on the grounds of the Chancellor Mansion

Kay was glad that Kevin was back in town.   And glad that he had come by to talk with Chloe.  But this was surely not the right time.  She was happy that she could diffuse the situation.  Chloe seemed happier when she came back in.  Her step seemed lighter.  Maybe they had worked it out that quickly and gotten back together.  She would spend some time later with Chloe and find out just what happened.  Right now, she was watching her son fawn all over Harmony.  She decided that she wouldn’t say anything right now.  She would wait and see how it turned out. Give Tucker a Chance to show her that he was deserving of Harmony.  Besides, she knew that Jill and Nina were expecting her to not like them together.  To talk Harmony against Tucker.  And she didn’t want to give them the satisfaction of being right. So she would wait.  But the minute he screwed it up she would jump in.  And she expected him to screw up because he was just a distrusting bitter human being.  She noticed Phyllis watching them too.

“So I guess you are only here to see what gossip you can find out and put it in Restless Style.”

“No, I am here because Summer was invited.”

“Oh yes, Summer. But I see you didn’t bring Lucy.”

“Well, I know it can be difficult letting go of a child.  I didn’t want to make it harder on Victoria than it already is.”

“How noble of you. Yet this could have been avoided if you had just left things alone.”

“Listen, I don’t want to discuss this.  It’s over and done with.  I had to do what I had to do for my family.  If this were Neil, no one would have a thing to say.”

“Yes dear.  But you are a far cry from Neil.”

“What do you want me to say? I will not apologize for protecting my family.”

“Calm down Phyllis,” Lauren said.

“Yes do calm down dear.” Kay said.

“Calm down. Calm down. I just don’t get why people are all on me about protecting my family, when Sharon over there is trotting around town with the man who kidnapped her daughter. But oh, that’s right.  She gets the benefit of the doubt. She gets forgiveness. But not me.”

“Stop playing the martyr. It does not become you.” Kay said with a laugh. “Now if you would excuse me.”

She walked over to the table and stopped beside Harmony.

“Harmony, are you enjoying yourself.”

“I am.  Thank you,” Harmony said with a smile.

“And I would ask Tucker, but if the broad smile on his face is any indication, then assuredly he is too.”

“That’s right I am,” Tucker said scowling.

“Interesting.  I never took you for the kiddie party type.  There must be another reason why you seem so happy. “

“Oh please old woman.  Stop harassing the party guests,” Jill said annoyed.

“Yes, Jill.  I see you sitting there. I would ask you if you are enjoying yourself but I am sure the answer is no since you are almost incapable of embracing any happiness.  Now, I am feeling a bit tired.  I think I am going to lie down for a while.  Good day.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Episode 10 by Diva58

Episode 10

Time: Same day as last episode, Evening

Location: Genoa City Airport

Harmony could only sigh when Justin got into the back seat of the car that she had arranged to chauffer him around for his first couple of weeks or at least until he becomes acclimated to the city. She wondered if all the men she would be working with would be this fine.  First Neil, then Chris, and now Justin.  This was a lot of temptation for one woman to handle.

“Hello, my name is Harmony.  I am Chris’ personal assistant and will be helping you until you hire your own,” she said shaking his hand.

“Ah, the famous Dimples.”

“Harmony,” she reminded him.

“That’s right.  Only Chris is allowed such liberties.”

“He does it against my wishes.  But he signs my paycheck so I refrain from too much complaint.  But you do not.”

“I see,” he said chuckling. “So where are we headed Harmony.”

“Well, you will be staying at the Genoa City Athletic Club for now.  Or at least until you find another residence.”

“Well, since you are my acting personal assistant, I would appreciate it if you could find a suitable apartment for me,” he said with a full smile.

“Does that smile generally get you what you want,” she asked.

“Generally, yes.”

“Well not in this instance. My duties do not include house hunting.”

“Pray tell. What do your duties include,” he asked widening his eyes.

“Not that either,” she said quickly while narrowing her eyes.  He had better not be alluding to what she thought he was.

He laughed out loud.

“I didn’t think so.  Something about you says all work and no play.”

“Meaning?”

“Meaning that you are strung as tight as bow. When was the last time you had release.”

“Justin, you are working on getting slapped,” she said through gritted teeth.

“The look on your face makes it well worth the pain,” he said with a smile.

Times like this made Harmony insecure about her past.  When people starting making crass comments to her, she didn’t know if it was because they were just generally crass people or whether they did it because they had no respect for her. She didn’t want to over react or get on a soap box unnecessarily.

“Why are you talking to me like this?  We just met.  And you are my boss. Or at least, somewhat boss.”

“Harmony, I didn’t mean to offend you. I guess I am just used to saying what’s on my mind.  Product of working and being best friends with Bill Spencer for 20 years. But I see that Bell has a different culture.   Not that I am surprised considering Neil is the CEO. It might take me a while to adjust. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.  I guess I can be a bit touchy with my background and all.  I am sure you are aware of it.”

“Yes, I know that you are Devon’s biological mother. I know about the entire story.  Drucilla was never one to keep anything to herself.  Especially when she felt disrespected,” he said with a laugh.

“Yes. I know”.  His laughter was catching so she found herself laughing along with him.

“Eh,” he said fanning his hand. “That’s ancient history. Anyway, something that I have learned is that you can’t change the past.  You have to focus on the now and look towards the future.  This is what we control.”

“Spoken like a man with his own past he needs forgotten.”  Harmony wondered about his story. He seemed to be speaking from experience.

“Not necessarily my mistake.  But mistakes that affected the here and now in my life.  I’ll tell you about it later.  Right now, I don’t think I have the energy.”

“Jet lagged? Don’t worry. We’ll be pulling up at the club in a little bit.  Go ahead and rest your eyes in.”

She watched him as he closed his eyes. He seemed so sad when he was talking about past mistakes.  She realized looking at him that his behavior earlier was just a cover up.  It was his wall he could hide his pain behind.

She heard her phone beep indicating that she had gotten a text message.   She checked the message and it was from Tucker.  It read: Room 202.  Ask for the key at the desk.  I will be waiting.

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club Dining Area

Roxy sat eating dinner with Devon.  He wanted to go out to a club tonight after dinner but she really didn’t want to go.  Instead of coming here she would have preferred if they had ordered in and spent a quiet night together just talking.  But of course, that was not Devon’s idea of fun.  She had yet to tell him about her new job and thought that this was as good a time as any.

“Well, I have good news,” she said.

“Oh yeah.  Well I can’t wait to hear it,” he said smiling holding her hand atop the table.

“I won’t be travelling anymore for work. Well not like I was before. I took a job with Fenmores. So I will be in town most of the time.”

Devon looked shocked and a little scared.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy,” she asked.

“Of course I am happy.  I love being with you and spending time with you.  I am just surprised. That’s all.  You didn’t say a thing to me about it.”

“Well, I just recently made the decision.”

“I didn’t even know you were thinking about it.  When we were in college, working at Forrester was your dream.  I am just confused on what changed.”

“Well, to be honest Devon.  I missed you. And I don’t want to be separated from you for weeks on end.”

At that he smiled and breathed out slowly. “Baby, if this is about that phone call from Abby when we were –“

“No,” she interrupted.  “It’s not that at all.”

“Okay. Because you know that I only want you. No one else.”

“I know that baby.”

“Well what is it?”

Although she had planned on having this conversation a few weeks from now, he was asking so she decided to lay it all on the line right now.

“I know we have never discussed this but I was wondering have you thought about us and the future.”

He released her hand and sat back in his chair.

“What do you mean the future?”

“Like us getting married and having a family.”

“Where is all this coming from? I thought that we were happy with the way things are,” he said. She could hear the panic in his voice.

“Calm down Devon.  I just want to know where you stand on the subject. I am not giving you an ultimatum.” She paused. “Yet,” she added with a smile. 

Obviously her attempt at humor didn’t register with him because he didn’t smile or laugh. He continued to sit up straight in his chair as if he was ready to bolt at any minute.

“Roxy, you know I am trying to build this music career. I don’t even have a steady income. In my opinion, a man needs that before he even thinks about having a family.”

He heart dropped. She felt like Devon was just making up an excuse instead of telling her that he didn’t want to get married. Or even worse, he didn’t want to marry her.

“I have a steady pay check.  This is 2012. The day of a man providing and the woman staying at home is all but extinct.”

“Not for me it isn’t,” he said stubbornly.

“If you needing a steady job is the only thing keeping us from getting married then how about you get one.  It’s not like you would have a hard time doing so.  You have practical experience from an internship.  Besides, your dad, Tucker, and Mrs Chancellor all would be more than happy to give you job.”

“But then I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on music.  You know it is all I have ever dreamed about.”

“Really,” she said sarcastically. So this was it.  Devon was not ready to get married and not willing to compromise. At least now she knew.

“Don’t be mad baby,” he said grabbing her hand that was on the table.

“Excuse me”.  The both looked up to see Tucker standing beside the table. “Can I talk to you Devon?  In private,” he asked.

“Tucker, not now. We are in the middle of something,” Devon said irritated.

In Roxy’s opinion, they had said all that needed to be said on the subject tonight.

“Go Devon. Just go. I need a minute alone anyway,” she said taking her hand from his.

“Okay Tucker.  Where too,” he asked rising from his seat.

 

 

Location: Sophia Winter’s Apartment

Sophia had just put Moses down for the night and taken a long bath for herself.  She was craving a glass of wine but didn’t want to take the chance since she was still nursing Moses.  Her doctor told her than a glass of wine every now and then wasn’t a big deal but still refused to partake no matter how frazzled her nerves.

She sat on her couch and began to open her mail. One particular envelope caught her attention.  It was from the hospital.  She could have sworn that she paid that bill months ago but maybe that one didn’t include all the charges.  She opened the envelope and began to read the letter:

Mrs Sophia Winters,

It has been brought to our attention that our genetics laboratory here at the hospital has had an issue with cleaning medical equipment.  This type of problem has been known to result in contaminated specimens, which could lead to inaccurate results.  In light of this, we are providing free retesting for all tests performed within the last year. If you are interested please contact us at the number provided to set up an appointment.

Sorry for you inconvenience,

 

Sophia dropped the letter to the floor in shock. She didn’t know what to think. It seemed that there was a possibility that Malcolm was Moses’ father after all.  This also meant that Neil was not. After all the pain that everyone in the family had gone through.  There was a possibility that it was all for nothing. She began to cry.  Just when she had made peace with the situation and resigned herself that Malcolm was lost to her, now this. She couldn’t help but feel that God was still punishing her for sleeping with Neil.  

She didn’t know whether she should take the lab up on the offer or not. She didn’t want to hurt Malcolm all over again by having him redo a test and finding out that it was right the first time.  And Neil would be devastated to find out that he was not the father. Moses deserved to know who his biological father was.  But he also deserved a father who was responsible and would not run away when things did not go his way.

She needed to talk this out with someone.  At times like this, a woman needed someone she could trust.  She dialed Calista, her lifelong friend, but there was no answer.  She wondered what Tucker was doing.    She decided against calling him. She and Callie had discovered early on after their parents’ death that there were certain things that one just did not tell Tucker unless absolutely necessary.

She decided that she would call her other best friend Victoria.  She noticed that she didn’t come to Delia’s party today and that while she was missing, Billy was very attentive to Chloe.  She figured that they both needed to talk.  She dialed her number.

“Hello”

“Hey girl.”

“Hey Sophia.”

“Can you come by?  I really need to talk to you about some stuff.”

“Me too.”

“I figured that.  See you soon.”

 

 

Location:  Abbot Mansion

Jack was on the phone with a political strategist tossing around the idea of running for Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin.  He had enjoyed his stint as state senator. He actually felt like he was making a difference.  He missed having a purpose.  Now that he had finally gotten Jabot back, his drive had all but disintegrated.  The pursuit of owning jabot was much more fulfilling than actually possessing it.

“So what do you think my chances are,” he asked the strategist.

“You had a pretty good approval rating at the end of your tenure. And your record is aligned well with the party base and the promises you made while campaigning. So that is always a good thing. Are you still planning on running on the Republican ticket?”

“That’s the plan.”

“Although your politics look good, your personal life might be an issue.”

“How so?”

“Do you remember the whole diary incident that was in the news?  Then you had a woman stalking you based on how you treated her in the past. Then let’s hope the entire story about the stalker doesn’t come out. Is this woman still in a facility where the media can’t get to her?”

“No, she is not there anymore.  No one knows where she is.” 

“Besides that, you have two ex-wives in 4 years I think. Conservative values will frown on the exes. And then you were a suspect in another ex’s murder.  Where is your son?”

“He is in boarding school.”

“That is something else that will be frowned upon. You need to bring him home.”

“Anything else?”

“Well, I think you need a wife.  Someone who can offset your own skeletons and present a united family for the media. Someone that people would look at and think if she is interested in you then you must be worthwhile.”

Jack thought about that for a second. Only one woman that he knew fit the bill.  Olivia would make the perfect politician’s wife. She was well educated, poised, and classy.  Not to mention she was beautiful. She would look absolutely stunning on his arm. She was Ashley’s friend so they were a few years older than him.  He had always had an interest in her but didn’t think she would ever date him so he never really pursued her.  However, he did flirt with her every chance he could. If he needed a wife, he might as well go for the ultimate prize.

“Okay, thanks for all your help,” he said as he hung up the phone.

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Olivia was on the verge of tears standing outside of the conference room.  She was trying to pull herself together to face Paul and tell him that his son had died.  She couldn’t believe it herself.  If only they had known what had been wrong with him sooner.  She just didn’t understand how Nate had missed this when Rickey first came in. 

Her phone rang and she answered it.  

“Hey beautiful.”

It was Jack.  She really couldn’t deal with his flirting right now. “Jack, I am sorry.  But I can’t talk now.”

“What? You don’t have time for me? Now I can’t believe that is true. Make the time,” he said.

“Not right now.  I will call you back,” she said hanging up the phone.

She took a deep breath, braced herself, and entered the room.

“Olivia, so what’s going on with Rickey,” Paul asked.

“I…Paul…there is no easy way to say this.  Rickey didn’t make it. I am so sorry.”

“What do you mean he didn’t make it? I thought that you were treating him.”

“Yes. We were.  But he had complications.  If we could have found out sooner that he had pneumonia –“

“What? Are you telling me my young vibrant son died from complications from pneumonia? A treatable disease,” Paul said livid.  She knew firsthand how grief went.  Paul was angry but eventually he would move on to other stages.

“Paul.  It happens when not treated early enough. He developed sepsis. His blood was poisoned from the bacteria.  The survival rate of that is very low.”

“No,” Paul said crying. “No, I don’t believe you.  I want to see him.”

Ashley then walked over to Paul and hugged him from behind. She had forgotten that Ashley was even in the room. “Paulie.  I am so sorry.”

He turned around and buried his head in her hair as he cried uncontrollably.  “I can’t believe my son is dead,” he sobbed. “We didn’t even get a chance to really know each other.  I don’t even know if he knows how much I love him.”

“He knows Paul.  You have to believe that.”

Olivia turned and walked out of the room.  Once outside, she closed the door and fell against the wall next to it.  She covered her face with both hands and cried.  

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club Roof

Devon walked out on the basketball court behind Tucker. He really didn’t want to have this conversation right now. He needed to figure out what words he could use to get Roxy to understand that he wasn’t ready to get married and it had nothing to do with his love for her or him wanting to be with her.  He hoped she was still at the table when he finished up with Tucker. Something in her eyes told him she would not be. He could strangle Nate right now.  He just knew all that discussion about Roxy being ready to get married talked it up.  When you put things out in the universe they have a way of being picked up.

“Tucker, what is it?  I really don’t have the time right now,” he said letting his agitation show.

“I wanted to talk to you about your mother.”

Devon was not surprised that she was the intended topic of conversation.  “What about her?”

“Why are you so against us seeing each other?  She told me that you tried to get her to promise not to get involved with me.  I just want to know why.”

“I told you already.  She is vulnerable now. I don’t want her to relapse.”

“What makes you think that will happen?  Harmony seems very strong to me.”

Tucker was obviously leading him. He really didn’t have time for it.

“Just say what you want to say. Please. Roxy is waiting on me.”

“Okay. I wanted to talk to you about our past.  Your mother and mine.”

With that Devon sat down on a bench.  This was the first time that either Tucker or Harmony had ever tried to tell him about their history.  He was intrigued.

“When we met, your mother was 19. So kind hearted.  So sweet. That’s how she got the name Candy,” Tucker smiled to himself. He seemed to be replaying some memories in his head which shocked Devon because Tucker originally said he didn’t remember her.

“Wait a minute. I thought that you didn’t remember her or know her name.”

“I told you.  They all had nicknames.  That’s why I didn’t recognize the name Yolanda. However, after we spent some time together and began talking about the past, I do remember her.”

“And,” Devon asked slowly. No matter how much he said it didn’t matter, he had this desire to know how he came to be.

“And I was stupid and young,” Tucker said slowly looking out in space.  Devon could tell he was caught up in his memories again. “When I met her, my career was just starting to catch on. We spent a lot of time together. Mostly in groups and then alone. She was so beautiful. And she was in love with me. I knew that. She didn’t tell me but I knew. And I wanted her so badly that I overlooked all the warning signs.  In retrospect they are as clear as day.  Even then I knew she wasn’t like the rest of the women that I had taken into my bed. Which is probably why it took me so long to finally give in to what we both wanted. She was a virgin. I was a little surprised. Only a little though. Like I said, she was nothing like the others. She made me want things that I knew would get in the way of my career.  I had vowed that I would not allow anyone to get in the way. So I walked away from her.”

“Did you know she was pregnant when you walked away?”

He noticed Tucker jump when he spoke.  He seemed to have forgotten that Devon was there.

“No, I had no clue.  I wish I had known. It would have forced me to do what I really wanted to do any way. Damn, I remember the way she looked at me afterwards. But I felt it was for the best.  I didn’t think I was ready. I didn’t think I could give her the kind of relationship she deserved. Getting married was not a part of my plan for my life at that time.”

As much as Devon hated to admit it.  He understood Tucker’s position. He was in a similar position with Roxy right now.  He loved her and wanted to be with her, but he didn’t want to be tied down to the responsibilities of having a wife and family of his own.

“Were you in love with my mom?”

“You sure like to ask the hard questions, don’t you,” Tucker said on a laugh.

“Not hard at all. Either you were or you weren’t.”

Tucker laughed lightly again. “Honestly, I don’t know. But I have never felt like this about anyone else. So maybe this is what being in love feels like.”

“Thanks Tucker. I really appreciate you telling me all this.  I understand a lot better about how things were with you two. But I am shocked that you didn’t think it was her who had your child.”

“I never thought that she had it in her to play that game with me.  To taunt me. But given that the person never asked for money, I should have known.  Most groupies would have taken me for all they could get.  But not Candy.  That would have never been her style.  Now that I know it is her, I am not surprised at all.”

“And you don’t seem at all angry.” Which was shocking to Devon.  If it had been him, he knew he would never be able to get over it.

“How can I be angry at her? It’s my own fault. I forced her to walk away from me thinking that she meant nothing. Even made her feel insecure to the point where she was afraid to come to me and tell me she was pregnant. It’s my fault.”

“So are you really trying to be with her now?  Are you serious about her?”

“Yes, I am.  But she is holding back. She cares more about your opinion than she does about being with me,” Tucker said. 

Devon laughed because Tucker sounded jealous. He must surely be in love with Harmony if he was jealous of her relationship with him.

“I won’t stand in your way anymore.  But there is still a part of me that does not trust you. Just do not walk away from her again.”

“I am not that man anymore Devon.”

“Time will tell Tucker. Time will tell,” Devon said and headed back to Roxy hoping she was not still mad.

 

Location:  Sophia’s Apartment

Victoria was standing over Moses crib trying not to feel bitter.  It was a minute by minute struggle.  It was not fair that her ex-husband had taken her child from her.  And it was even less unfair that he had moved him all the way across the country.  She could only see him on Skype.  Many times she had thought to just move to the same city as Reed so that she could see him every day.  But even then there was no guarantee that JT would let her see Reed or allow him to spend that much time with her.  And now this Chelsea chick was in town claiming to be pregnant by Billy.  It was just more than she wanted to deal with.

“So tell me. Why were you at your step daughter’s party,” Sophia asked politely.

“Okay.  Promise me this won’t go anywhere.”  Victoria really didn’t want anyone to know that Billy had screwed up again. It was very embarrassing to constantly have him do that and her to lower herself to take him back. After this got out she wouldn’t be able to show herself in public again.

“And I will need to hold you to that same promise,” Sophia said with her eyes wide.

“Really?”

“Yes.  But you go first.”

“Okay. Well. This girl showed up at our doorstep last night and said that she was pregnant by Billy.”

“What,” Sophia asked shocked.

“Yes.  And it was obvious that Billy knows her. And Well.”

“Okay,” she said slowly.  “Do you think it is true?”

“My gut says yes.”

“Well don’t make any sudden decisions without the facts. Get a DNA test. But then those can be faulty too,” her friend said thoughtfully.

“Uh oh, what does that mean?”

“It means that I got a letter from the lab at the hospital saying I need to redo the DNA test on Moses.  It could be faulty.”

Now it was her turn to look shocked.

“My sentiments exactly,” Sophia said and laughed.

“Oh I am sorry but this is a shock.  I thought that we had this settled.”

“So did I.  And I really don’t know whether I want to open it back up again.  Do I want to tell Malcolm that he might still be the father only to find out he isn’t again.  And if he is, Neil will be devastated.  I just feel like whichever way it goes, I will break someone’s heart. Again.  I just don’t want to do that anymore.”

“Oh sweetheart. I am so sorry. But you do know that they deserve to know. Moses deserves to know more so than anyone.  Look at all the drama surrounding Tucker and Devon.  Don’t put that kind of pain on your son.”

“If you are making comparisons between me and that tramp then surely I must be a hot mess right now.”

They both laughed. But Victoria had an idea that would get them results without anyone knowing.

“Okay.  Here’s what we will do.  Get a DNA sample from Neil.  Then we will send it to a private lab.  No one will have to know the results but you.  If Neil is the father, there is no need to say anything.  But then if he is not, you have to determine what is best.”

“Why is it that it sounds like you have done this before,” Sophia laughed.

“Not relevant.”

“But you know Neil and I are getting an annulment and I don’t live there anymore.  The sample isn’t so easy.”

“Sophia.  Come on. You are the right hand of Tucker McCall.  You will think of something.” They both laughed again.

“Side note.  Billy was very attentive to Chloe today. If I didn’t know better I would think something is going on between them.”

“Oh, that’s how he always is with her.  And even worse when I am not around.  For some reason, he likes to play games with her.  I don’t even care anymore. He won’t go there.”

“I am not so sure.”

“And I almost don’t care.  Almost.”  And that was the truth.  Too much had happened between her and Billy.  She was living back at the Ranch with her father, Victor Newman.  He knew something was going on but didn’t know what.  It was only a matter of time before he found out.

 

Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club Bar

Chris sat at the bar at the club having drinks. He waved at Devon as he came inside and joined his pretty girlfriend.  She had seemed upset when he first sat down now she seemed fine.  Tucker came in from the same way Devon had and sat a few seats down from him at the bar.

“McCall”

“Winters”

“So, have you found a replacement for Bell yet?” He just couldn’t resist taunting Tucker about their win.

“No need.  Still got my eye on Bell.”

“I don’t know why.  I know the owners and they will never sell.”

“This wouldn’t be the first time I have taken something that was not for sell.”

“Bell is privately owned.  Not publically traded.  I am sure that even you have not pulled that off.”

“You’d be surprised at the tricks I know.”

“You are lucky that I love and respect my family. Or I would show you what it really feels like to lose. Show you a few tricks.” And he meant that.  There were parts of McCall Unlimited that they could easily take.  But Neil was stuck on this family image.  So if he couldn’t hit him in his business, he decided to hit Tucker where he knew it would really hurt.  He finished with, “But I forget.  You don’t know anything about that do you. No wife, no family, no love.” 

“Well I am working on that,” Tucker said calmly.

He expected Tucker to show some small sign of irritation but he didn’t.  So he pushed it further.

“So am I.”

“What the hell does that mean,” Tucker asked with his voice rising.

That was the reaction Chris wanted. Tucker had mistreated Dimples and by product Devon.  He deserved some misery for it. He didn’t deserve to walk back into her life and be loved like nothing had happened.  Both Dimples and Precious were worth more than that.  Chris knew that she was softening towards Tucker.  He could see it. He could tell from how she acted that things were different.  If being with Tucker would make her happy then so be it.  It couldn’t come up with a legitimate objection being that McCall was now single.  Chris couldn’t be with her anyway.  But he wanted Tucker to have doubt. Maybe that would keep him on his toes.  So he pushed it even further.

“Oh I think you know exactly what it means.”

Tucker just stared at him.

“So you want to hear it. Okay, I think you and I have a similar want.  Or Shall I say, a similar need. And I get to assuage mine on a daily basis.”

“In your dreams,” he said with his voice rising.

“And surely only in yours.”

“I have a son to prove that I have done more than just fantasize.”

“That was over two decades ago.  A lifetime almost. Dimples wouldn’t be naïve enough to trust you again. ”

“You think so huh,” Tucker said pursing his lips. 

“Oh I know so.”

“I think I will leave you with your fantasies. I have somewhere to be.”

Tucker stood and left.  Chris didn’t look in his direction.

 

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Nate felt like throwing up.   He couldn’t believe that Rickey had died from pneumonia under his care.  He felt like a failure as a doctor.  This type of diagnosis was routine.  He just couldn’t understand how he had missed the signs. Then of course, the medical review board would meet. This was the type of thing that people lost their license over.  But at this point, he didn’t care about that.  All he cared about was that Paul had lost his son. 

“Nate, I am going to have to put you on leave until after the review board looks at this case,” his mother said teary eyed.

“But mom.  I promise you. I saw no indication that he had pneumonia.  The x-rays were clear.”

“Not the ones that I had done. And his folder did not include any old ones.”

“Come on.  That is routine. I am not so incompetent that I wouldn’t order x-rays.  It was one of the first orders I gave.”

“Are you sure?  The ER is sometimes hectic and it is easy to forget things.”

“Like I said.  I ordered them and they were clear,” he said.  He knew he sounded more like he was trying to convince himself than her.

“Well, it should all come out in the review board process.”

“And how long will that take,” he snapped.  He was getting angry now.  For some reason his mother did not believe him.  Of all the people in this world, he thought she had the most faith him.  He guessed he was wrong.

“I am going to let that tone slide because I am speaking as your boss and not your mother.  Although you keep calling me mom so you are fairly aware of our relationship at this moment.”

“Sorry.”

“I am sure you are.  Just go ahead and leave. The review board will contact you when the findings are in.”

“Fine,” he said walking off. 

He immediately pulled out his phone and called Devon. 

 

Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club Dining Area

Devon was sitting with Roxy trying to talk her into staying.  She seemed so determined to leave and he didn’t want their first night back together to end this way. He had missed her. 

“Well you weren’t tired earlier,” he said with a smile.

“I was always tired Devon.  But you wanted to go out so I agreed to go.”

Before he could respond, his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and it was Nate.  He probably wanted to know which club they were going to later.

“One second Roxy,” he said then answered the phone. “Hey man.”

“What are you doing right now?”

“Just finished eating with Roxy at the club. Why? What’s up? You sound on edge.”  He sounded like he had just run a marathon actually.

“That’s because I am on edge. I just got put on administrative leave because Rickey Williams died of Pneumonia.”

“What? He died.”  He needed to call Abby and check on her.

“Yeah. And it seems like they want to lay the blame on me.”

“Did you do anything wrong.  Anything at all.”

“No.”

“Well then.  Don’t worry about it.”

“Okay.  Easy for you to say. But thanks anyway. Well, you guys don’t go anywhere.  I am headed that way.”

“We’ll be here,” Devon said smiling at Roxy who shook her head in return as he hung up his phone.

“Hey babe.  Rickey Williams died today.”

“Oh no. He was so young. Do they know why?” she said sadly.

“Pneumonia.”

“That’s surprising.  Most people don’t die from that.”

“Yeah I know. Abby will be devastated.  I need to call her and possibly go by and check on her depending on how she feels.”

He could tell that Roxy was concerned about that but she didn’t say anything.  She would never let any jealousies take over her sense of duty.  Her sense of right and wrong.

“Okay. I think that is a good idea.  You can do it now. Like I said, I am way too tired for clubbing tonight. I am just going to head home.” She said standing.

He stood too and leaned in to kiss her on the lips but she turned her head.  His lips connected with her jaw.  Then she turned and walked away with no parting words.  She was still mad but she would get over.  This was Roxy.  She always got over it. 

 

He then took out his cell phone to call Abby.  He just knew she would be distraught. 

“Abby”

“ Hi Devon.”  She sounded normal.  “She probably doesn’t know,” he thought.

“Have you heard the news about Rickey,” he asked.

“Yes. It’s so sad.  I just know his grandparents will be devastated.  And poor Paul.  But my mom is there for him.”

“Well I am glad that you are taking this so well.  I figured you would be upset considering.”

“Well, I am trying to -,” she said as her voice wavered and she began to cry. 

“I’m sorry.  I am so sorry.”  He didn’t know what else to say. “Do you need me to come over?” 

“Yes.   That would be great,” Abby said.

 Devon figured she would be alone crying her eyes out.  Her mother would be with Paul and Abby had no one with her.

“Are you at home,” Devon asked. He would just head over there now.

“Oh no.  Right now I am at Fenmore’s. “

“Okay. Well I am at the Athletic Club.  You can just stop by here then.”

“Okay.  I will. And we can take my limo out to Level 3 tonight,” she said sniffling.

“Are you sure you are still up for that,” he asked.

“Oh yes, it will help cheer me up.” Most people wouldn’t want to go out after something so traumatic.  But not Abby.  She was a party girl. Always up for some fun.  He liked that about her.

“Okay.  Nate will probably be joining us.”

“Not a problem,” she said cheerily. 

“Great.”   That was another thing about her he liked.  She was always accommodating to him.

“Okay.  See you then.”

 

Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club Front Desk

Harmony stood at the front desk of the club with Justin to ensure that everything was in order.  They gave him his keys and he turned and spotted Chris at the bar talking to Devon.

“There’s Chris and Devon at the bar.  Let’s say hi before I get the bags out,” he said.

Harmony really didn’t want to talk to both Chris and Devon. She was afraid that they would be able to look at her and tell what she was about to do with Tucker.

“No, you go ahead and catch up with them.  I will get your bags out and make sure they make it to the room.”  And it would also allow her to get her own bag undetected.  She didn’t know why she felt the need to hide what she was doing. Well, except to Devon. But she found herself also wanting to hide it from Neil and Chris too.

“Okay. Thanks,” Justin said as he walked in the direction of the bar.

She turned to the attendant.  “My name is Harmony Hamilton.  Has a key been left for me?”

“Yes ma’am.  Room 202,” the attendant said giving her the key.

“Thank you.”

 

Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club Bar

 

Justin walked to the bar and stood behind Chris and Devon.

“Gentlemen”

They both turned around and smiled.  Devon hugged him and said, “J. It’s nice to see you. I am so happy that you are here.”

Chris shook his hand. “Me too.  Now maybe we can get some real business done at Bell,” he said with a smile.

“Chafing under the family image already,” Justin said. He figured there would be some conflicts between Neil and Chris.  They were alike yet different in so many ways.

“Was that my mom I saw walk out the door.  Where is she going? Why didn’t she say hello?” Devon asked worried.

“Yes that was her.  She volunteered to oversee the bell boy getting my bags to my room.  She’s very nice and helpful.  Even though she told me off on the way here,” Justin said with a chuckle because he knew that he deserved it.

“You probably deserved it.  And yeah, she is a big help.  And very smart. Just a good woman all the way around,” Chris said.  Justin noticed Devon beaming at the praise for his mother. Now he knew why Neil had insisted that she was off limits.  Devon would not take it at all well if it didn’t work out.  It just wasn’t good for family discord.

“Hey, let’s call Neil and Nate up here and have a boy’s night,” Chris said.

“Nate’s already on the way.  And he is having a bad day. So none of those doctor jokes please. Let me just call my dad and tell him to meet us,” Devon said.

“Alright.  That’s what I am talking about,” Justin said.

He had been tired earlier.  But now that he was here, he seemed to be getting his second wind.

 

Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club Room 202

After dropping Justin’s bags off, Harmony picked up her own bag and headed for room 202.   She was so nervous that her hand was shaking as she slid the key into the door. Once she got the door to open, she walked into the room and sat her bag down.  The lights were dimmed, there was soft jazz playing, and there were dozens of white candles lit all around the room. But she didn’t see Tucker. She walked over to the small table that was set for two with a half dozen long stemmed red roses in a vase as a centerpiece. She uncovered the food and it was stuffed bell peppers.  He had remembered her favorite.  She turned to get her bag from the door and noticed that the bed was turned back and had red rose petals on it.  She felt herself about to cry. No man had ever done anything like this for her.

“Songbird,” he said as he walked out the bathroom in a pair of silk pajama pants and nothing else. At that moment she knew. She was still in love with him.  She wanted to be with him no matter who objected.  “I am glad you showed up.”

“Well we made a bargain today. I can’t go back on it,” she said playfully as he walked up to her and stopped.

He reached out a hand and trailed it slowly down the right side of her face, over her neck, down her shoulder and arm to grab her hand. He pulled her to him and kissed her lightly on the lips. “That’s my girl,” he said possessively. The sound of him calling her his made her stomach flutter.  

“So do you want to take a shower or a bath?  Get comfortable before we eat?” He raised her hand to his lips and kissed it.  That small gesture sent tingles up her arm. She thought that a shower would be good to calm her down.  Maybe while she was in the bathroom she could get her bearings before she embarrassed herself.  She nodded in agreement.

“Okay. Let me just get your bag,” he said as he spotted it by the door.  He picked it up and took it into the bathroom. She walked in behind him. She noticed the muscles in his back and arms move as he walked.  Although Tucker had to be at least 50, he still had the same lanky sinewy body he had when they were younger. 

“I will be waiting beautiful,” he said as he sat the bag down and walked out closing the door.

She turned on the shower and took out the things she would need.

Once her shower was over she began getting dressed. She had gone out today and purchased herself some new lingerie although she wasn’t sure she would even wear it.  She liked to be prepared though.  Tucker had always marveled at her butt.  So she wanted something that would fit and show off her figure. She had found just the thing.  It was a teal colored laced gown. The top was half bra cups so that the tops of her breast were shown.  But the rest was a thick stretchy lace.  So thick that it wasn’t see through or sheer.  It had a short matching silk robe that was a little longer than the nighty which stopped in the middle of her thigh. She applied light make up and combed her hair.

 

 

 

Tucker was trying to play this cool.  Trying not to act like an eager teen that had not been with a woman before. Trying not to rush what they had.  Even though Devon had agreed not to get in the way, he and Harmony as a couple would still take some getting used to for him.  Besides, the lady still had not agreed. But this primal part of him pushed him to stake his claim completely with her. To make them permanent.  Official.  Especially for people like Winters who he knew wanted her.  After a minute of deliberating, he decided that there was no harm in setting things in motion and being prepared.  So he called his friend Neil Lane, a jewelry designer in California. 

“Lane.”

“Tucker. What can I do for you?”

“I need an engagement ring.”

“Engagement? Already. Let me guess. The grapevine is correct.  You and the baby momma.”

“Harmony.  And yes, for her.”

“Alright.  I will put together a few options for you. Do you know the size?”

“I am pretty sure it is a 7.5.”

“And how do you know this?”

“Because I am Tucker McCall.”

“Oh yeah. That’s true.  Mr leaves them with something to remember you by.”

“Hey. I have found that women are more than happy to have a consolation prize rather than me. Go figure.”

“And does Harmony feel the same?”

“No.  She wants me.  The man. Not the money or the power.”

“And you’re sure?”

“More sure than I am about anything.”

“Well I am happy for you.  It’s rare that a man like you finds a woman who looks beneath all that.  Do you want me to fly out in the morning?”

“Yeah. I will send my jet for you. Later,” he said as Harmony opened the door and walked out of the bathroom.

She looked exquisite. The robe showed off her legs and the color was beautiful against her skin.  He wondered what she had on underneath.

“Songbird. You’re beautiful.  I wonder what is under that robe.”

“Would you like me to take it off?”

“Yes,” he said astonished that she was volunteering.  He had been prepared for a battle of wills tonight.

She untied the robe and let it slide down her shoulders to the floor.  She looked at him and smirked.

“Damn,” he said.  She was all woman. And all curves. “Turn around please.” She turned slowly on her tip toes. Her ass was still as perfect as he remembered. “How am I supposed to get through this meal without throwing you in that bed and ravishing you.”

“You are so silly.”

“I am serious.  But let me tell you something. I spoke with Devon today.  And he gave us his blessing.”

“Really,” she said eagerly. “What made him do that?”

“I told him about our past and how much I regretted it. And how you meant just as much to me then as you do now. He asked me if I was in love with you then.”

“And,” she asked.  He could hear the hope in her voice.

“I told him that I didn’t know.”

“Oh,” she said obviously disappointed.

He decided that he might as well lay it all out there on the line and go for what he wanted. “But I do know.  I was Songbird. I am. I’m in love with you.  I have loved no one but you.  Ever.”

She smiled brightly. “I love you too.  I always have. But I think you already knew that.”

He pulled her roughly to him with both hands on her butt and fused his lips to hers.  There was nothing soft about his kiss.  Not right now.  He just couldn’t do sweet with her no matter how much he wanted too.  She still loved him.  And he wanted to brand her as his so that everyone would know.   She broke the kiss and leaned back. She looked in his eyes and whispered, “Make love to me.  Make me yours again.”

She turned from his embrace and walked towards the bed.  He could only stare at her perfect butt in the tight lace. She climbed in the bed upright on her knees. She grabbed the hem of her nighty and pulled it over her head.  He watched in awe as she threw it at him. It flew through the air and hit his chest. He looked down as it landed at his feet and back up at her. She was even more beautiful than he imagined. Her skin was flawless and smooth.  It had an inner glow that he found erotic.  Her breast were large and high. Her stomach was flat and her hips flared out to beautiful thighs. Thighs that he knew could grip him tightly.  His heart was pounding in his chest so that he felt like it would break through.

He didn’t expect this. Her offering herself up to him.  He guessed it was true what they said.  Those three little words were powerful.  He wished he had said them earlier.  Back in the day before she had lost her innocence to him.  Before he had broken her heart.  Before their son was born and lost to foster care.  He had loved her.

When she reached out her hand and said “please” he was jolted into action. He untied his pants and stepped out of them. And lay down in bed beside her. 

“You are so beautiful,” he said as he kissed her deeply settling between her thighs and holding himself up on elbows. She opened her legs wide to receive him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He laid himself right atop her clitoris and began to move back and forth. He broke the kiss to trail his lips down her neck to stop over her breast. He licked  her nipple then took it into his mouth. 

“mmmm”, she moaned.  His stomach muscles clenched at the sound.

“Do you know what you do to me,” he asked blowing against her nipple. “Hhmm, do you?”

“Yeeeeeeees,” she said.

“Do you know what I want to do to you?”

“No,” she said shaking her head.

“Yes you do,” he said in deep voiced whisper. ”But I will tell you anyway. I want to make you come over and over again so that you won’t ever want anyone but me. Until your body only responds to mine. Until your body only recognizes mine.” He said as he took her other breast into his mouth.  Using his tongue to lick the nipple slowly then sucking on it as he continued to rock between her legs.

“Mick,” she said on a sigh. “I love you so much.”

He released her nipple as his mouth hovered over her breast then said, “I love you too.”

He rose up higher on is arms to stare down at her body.  “You’re breast are so suckable. But I find that I want to break our bargain.  The first time you come for me, and I do remember that you didn’t when we created our son, I want to taste it.  Can I taste you?”

“mmmm,” she moaned as he lowered is head back down to her other breast and slowly licked her nipple.

“Songbird.  Can I?”

“Yes. Please,” she said politely.  And even that turned him on.

He licked down her stomach then dipped his tongue into her navel.  Her skin tasted just as good and it looked. He kissed her lower abdomen slowly.  When he settled between her thighs, he pushed them back and opened them even wider.  When he saw her he thought, “Is their no part of this woman that is not beautiful.” 

He slowly licked from her opening to her clitoris curling his tongue at the end.

“mmmm,” she moaned louder.

“That’s right. Tell me you like it.  Before the night is over I want to hear you singing my name,” he said as he continued his slow licking.

He reached up to rub her right nipple between thumb and forefinger. He knew she was getting close to orgasm because her breathing was labored as she gripped the headboard tightly. He had never wanted anything so much in his life as he wanted to feel her come on his tongue at this moment. He slowly inserted his middle finger in her as he administered another slow lick curling his tongue once again over her clitoris.

“mmmmmm” she said again.

With his finger imbedded in her as far as it would go, on his last slow lick he said, “Come for me. I need to feel it.” Then he took her clitoris in his mouth and sucked on it lightly. 

“Aaaaaahhhhhh,” she screamed delicately in the back of her throat as she came.  He stopped sucking and lightly pressed his tongue flat against her clitoris.  He could feel it pulsate as her orgasm washed over her.  He wanted her to savor it.  He wanted to savor it. When he thought it was over he pressed more firmly with his tongue and it started all over again.

After the last waved passed through her, he climbed back up her body and kissed her deeply.   She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pressed his forehead to hers. “Damn, you’re delicious,” he said on growl.

She gave him a sweet feminine smile and said in breathless whisper, “thank you.  That was wonderful.”

When he looked into her eyes, they were still glassy and dilated. She was still in the afterglow. And the knowledge that he had given her that look gave him a different kind of pride.  One that he couldn’t remember the last time he felt. For the first time in a very long time he knew that a woman’s reaction to his sexual prowess was real.  That a woman’s reactions to him were real.  It wasn’t about his money or his name. It was about him as a man and how he made her feel as a woman.

He was ready to be inside of her. So he rubbed himself against her wet, hot opening. He wanted to just push his way inside but he needed to hear her confirmation.

“Will you allow me to make love to you fully,” he asked while staring into her eyes as he pushed himself an inch inside of her. 

“Yes,” she said. He didn’t think it was possible but his heart beat faster. The thought that he was finally going to be inside of his Songbird again had him beyond excited.  It seemed like he had been waiting a lifetime.  And he had.  He just hadn’t known it.

“Do I need a condom Songbird?”  He didn’t want to use one.  He didn’t want any barriers between them.

“Yes Mick. I am not on birth control.”

He reached over and opened the drawer next to the bed and took out one of the condoms he had placed there earlier. He opened the package and kneeled between her bent legs. She rubbed the front of his thighs with her hands as he rolled the condom on.

He wanted to watch himself enter her this time. So he reached down and wrapped an arm around each thigh and pulled her towards him.  “Come here” he said. She squealed in shock and he laughed softly at the sound.

Still on his knees, he had one of his arms wrapped around her thigh holding it open while she lifted her bottom off the bed.  He used his free hand to guide himself to her opening.  He looked up from their bodies to her face. She had her eyes closed. “Look at me,” he demanded softly. She opened her eyes and he smiled.  “I love you Yolanda. I just wanted you to see me when I say it so that you will know that it is true. And I promise you, it will never change.”

“I love you too,” she said rubbing her hands softly from his abdomen to chest.

He began to slowly slide into her.  It was magical to watch himself be lost within her. She was so tight around him. And so wet.  He found himself fighting for control.

“Perfect,” he whispered when he was fully inside her.

Then he lay down atop of her holding himself up on his forearms as she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. She tangled her hand in the hair at the nape of his neck and sent a shiver down his spine.  He stared in her eyes as he watched them get a faraway look. Her passion for him was just as breathtaking as her need had been earlier in the day.

He began to move in and out of her in slow controlled thrusts as she lifted herself off the bed to meet them. It took every ounce of will power not to pound into her. But he wanted to relish this. The moment of being aware of making love to a woman for the first time.  His woman for the first time.  

“mmmm” she moaned softly on his every stroke.  He could tell she was holding back and he didn’t like it.  He wanted all of her.  All of her love.  Her attention. Warmth. Loyalty.  Trust. Innocence.  All of it. But most of all, right now he wanted all of her passion.

“Let me hear it baby. Sing for me. It’s just us here. No one else.  Just us. Let go.”

When she continued in the same way for next 5 minutes, he decided to stop holding back himself in hopes maybe she would too.

He leaned on his left arm and reached his right hand down to grip her leg.  He brought it up to rest the bend of her knee in the crook of his arm.  He did the same to her other leg.

“I want all of you. Don’t ever hold back on me Songbird,” he said looking into her eyes.

“I’m not. I promise baby.”

“Hhhmmm. We’ll see,” he said before kissing her deeply, sliding his tongue against hers.

He moved his body up just a little bit as he leaned over. He kissed one of her legs which were on each side of his head and grind his hips against hers a couple of times in an attempt to find the perfect angle.

“Aaaaaaaahhhh”, she screamed loudly. And he knew he had found it.

“Yes, darlin.  That’s the scream I want to hear.” He said as he began to thrust into her. 

She screamed on every hard stroke and it was like music to his ears.  After about 15 minutes she screamed,  “aaaaaahhhh, baby. I’m coming.”

“That’s right. Come for me again,” he growled as he took her breast into his mouth and flicking the hardened nipple with his tongue.  It felt just as good against his tongue as he thought it would when he had daydreamed about this moment. He felt the vibrations of her orgasm around him and tried to hold on.  He wasn’t ready for it to be over yet.  But he couldn’t. Her pulsating grip on him forced him to come before he was ready.

“Mmm” he grunted arching his back as he came. He fell down allowing her to take his weight as he waited for his heart rate to slow down. She rubbed her hands lightly down his spine prolonging the sensation causing his body to twitch.

He knew that he was crushing her so fell to the bed beside her and wrapped her in his arms.  Her head was resting on his shoulder and her body was partially covering his. There were no words to describe how good they were together.  He couldn’t believe he had lived this long without this woman. Without realizing that she was even missing from his life.

“You were amazing baby. I love you so much,” she said groggily as she titled her head up and kissed his cheek. She promptly fell asleep. 

“Not as much as I love you Songbird”, he said. He would let her sleep for a while.  Then he would wake her up and make love to her again. And again. And again.

 

Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club Room 203

Neil was the happiest he had been in a long time as he sat in Chris’ room at the club watching a basketball game with Devon, Nate, Justin, and Chris.  This is what he had wanted for his family.  A sense of purpose.  A shared camaraderie.  And most of all, them in the same city and supporting each other the way a family should.  Now, all that was missing was Malcolm and Eve.  And of course, Drucilla.  But he wouldn’t dwell on that grief anymore although he had not moved on.  Part of him realized that he never would.

“So gentleman.  I figured I would tell you all so you wouldn’t be blindsided.  Sophia and I are getting an annulment.”

“Annulment? Doesn’t that signify that the relationship was not consummated,” asked Chris astonished.

 “There are other grounds for an annulment besides impotency,” said Justin laughing. “Although I don’t think that Neil would fit either one of those. So.”

“Uhm. No thanks on that convo.  I would rather not discuss my dad’s sex life,” Devon said grimacing and looking down at his phone.

 “Justin. Can you handle this for me so that we can all spare my son here the embarrassment?” Neil said smiling.

“No problem,” Justin said.

“Thanks.  Speaking of intimate relations. I am also wondering why my son is here with us instead of with his beautiful girlfriend,” Neil said to Devon.

“Oh, she’s mad with him,” Chris said laughing.

“Just how do you know that?” Devon asked.

“I saw you two when you were eating.  A man of my, ahem, background knows a pissed off woman when he sees one. Besides, the way you keep looking at your phone smacks of a man being ignored by his woman,” Chris said smiling.

Devon immediately put his phone in his pocket.

“Oh, I have never seen a pissed off Foxy before. I bet that was sexy,” Nate said smiling at Devon.

“Hey. Watch it.  And stop calling her Foxy. And I blame you anyway.”

“Me. How is it my fault that your woman is mad at you,” Nate asked lifting both hands palm up.

“It was all that talk about getting married. You put it out in the universe and the winds blew it her way, “ Devon said rising and pointing his finger close to Nate’s face.

“I told you she was thinking about it. And I told you to bring it up before she did.  But you don’t listen,” Nate said calmly pushing Devon’s hand out of the way.

“Hold on son,” Neil said. “Are you saying that Roxanne wants to get married?”

“Yes, and I am nowhere near ready for that,” Devon said looking at Neil.  He turned to Nate again.

 “You wished your ill will on me and now I have to figure out how to get her to see that I am just not ready and it has nothing to do with her.”

Neil looked at Chris who smirked.  Then he looked a Justin who raised his eyebrows. It seemed no one had anything to say. They would leave this up to him.

“Son. Do you want to hear some advice?”

“No offense dad.  But no. I don’t.” Devon said taking out his phone again.

“None taken.” And he meant that.  Sometimes a man just needed to handle things on his own.  But he didn’t see how Devon would. But he was willing to let him try before he interfered.

“I could just strangle you Nate.”

“Listen man.  Don’t blame me for your drama.  I have my own to contend with.”

“What’s going on with you baby doc?” Chris asked.

“A patient died. And I think they are going to try to lay the blame on me.”

“Olivia would never let that happen,” Justin said.

“I don’t think she will be able to stop it.  It’s the review board’s decision.”

“Do you need representation,” Justin asked.  “I would be more than willing to be there.”

“Thanks. I think I might call Eve too.  See if she would be willing to come,” Nate said.

“Yes, by all means.  Please bring Eve to town,” said Justin in a sexy tone.

“No. Absolutely not Justin. If Dimples is off limits to me then my sister is surely off limits to you.”

Devon looked up from sending a text on his phone and said “I hope you are not talking about my mother Chris.”

“Oh, calm down Precious. Your mother is not interested in me anyway.  For some reason, she wants Tucker.”

“What makes you say that,” Neil asked concerned.

“You have seen them in the same room.  You know exactly why I say that,” Chris said.

“I had a good talk with Tucker today. He knows to keep his distance from her.   I don’t trust him to take care of her,” Neil said.

“Me either,” Devon said. “But he told me a little about their history tonight.  I get it. He seemed genuinely sorry. So I told him that I wouldn’t stand in the way.”

“Ah, that explains the things he said to me earlier today,” Chris said.

“Devon.  Son.  I really wish you hadn’t done that.”

“If you want my opinion. Harmony has been through a lot. She deserves some happiness. And I think that her finding it with Tucker after all these years and their mistakes makes it even sweeter,” Justin said pensively.

Neil knew that Justin was projecting his own situation onto Harmony. He wouldn’t remind him that everyone was not him and Donna.

“Oh please. You’re acting like a sap. And please stop projecting your own life onto Dimples.  Look how that reunion turned out for you,” Chris said.   Neil should have known that Chris wouldn’t let the opportunity slide by.

Then Chris looked towards Devon, “I know this guy is your biological father but if he hurts her, he will regret it.”

He then looked towards Neil. “In more ways than one.”   Neil nodded in return.  He knew what Chris was saying.  And he agreed.  If Tucker hurt Harmony, they would go after him personally and professionally.

“Well, I see this could get very interesting,” Justin said chuckling.

 

 

 

 

Episode: 11 by Diva58

 

 

Episode 11

Time: Next day, Morning

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club Room 202

Harmony sat astride Tucker with him buried deeply inside of her.  Her legs were wrapped around his waist as he sat up against the head board. The sheets were tangled around their lower bodies.  Her hands were resting on his shoulders anchoring her to him.  He had one arm wrapped around her waist and the other squeezing and lifting her breast while rubbing the nipple with his thumb.

They had worn themselves out last night.  Tucker had awakened her to make love to her again 3 times.  And each time had been more earth shattering than the last.  Now there love making was leisurely. Unhurried.  Between kisses and conversation she would periodically slide up and down on him sending shivers through her body and his.

“hhhmm, so what are your plans today?” he said softly as she slid up and down on him.

“Brunch with the Winters and then church.” She panted kissing him softly.  She didn’t think that he would like that answer but he didn’t seem at all fazed by it.

“Sounds like fun. I guess I am not invited,” he said in a husky voice bending his head and taking her nipple into his mouth to suck on it lightly while still lifting and squeezing the other.

“mmmmm,” she moaned as she slid up and down on him again. “Baby, I am not sure that it would go over well.”

He released her breast and wrapped both arms around her waist. He looked her in the eyes and said, “We’re together now. Everyone is just going to have to accept it.”

She slid up and down him again. “Mmmm, that may take some time baby.”

He tightened his hold on her waist to hold her steady and pushed himself further inside her by rotating his hips. “Aaaahh,” she screamed lightly. 

“You’re mine now. I don’t care what anyone thinks,” he growled. The look of possessivenes in his eyes gave her pause. 

Tucker was not going to let them ease people into the idea of them being together, she realized. It was futile to fight it. She needed to preserve her energy to take on battles she could win. This was not one. She knew in her head that she shouldn’t like him being demanding and possessive.  She shouldn’t bask in it.  But her heart and body said differently.   

Bracing her forehead against his, she wrapped both arms around his neck as she slid up and down again. “I am yours. Don’t ever doubt it,” she said breathing hard.

“Okay,” he said then kissing her slowly on the lips.  He left her lips and to trail his lightly over her cheek to suck on the side of her neck.  She hoped that she didn’t have any passion marks. “So, move in with me,” he finished.

When she gave an inch, he took a mile.  He seemed to always be eons ahead of her in what he wanted as opposed to what she was ready to give.

“Tucker -,” she began but was cut off when he grabbed her forearms and leaned her back until she was lying flat on her back in the bed with her legs  wide. “Eeeh,” she squealed in surprise.

He then kneeled on all fours atop her with his hands next to her head.  “So you are back to calling me Tucker again huh?”

“Well I told you it depended on my mood and the time of day,” she said laughing.

“So you won’t be moving in with me I take it,” he asked seriously while moving one of his hands between her spread legs and rubbing his finger up and down her opened folds.

“Mmmm,” she moaned. “No. I am not shacking up with you.” And certainly not in a house and bed that he lived and made love to another woman in.

“Why not,” he said as he rubbed her clitoris with his thumb.  His voice was very close to whining.  Which is something she never thought to hear Tucker do.

“Honestly, I like my independence,” she sighed.  It was true.  She was enjoying her life for the first time in years. She wasn’t ready to let it go.

“I don’t like that word Songbird,” he warned as he bent and licked her lips while exerting more pressure with his thumb rubbing her clitoris.

“Aaaaah,” she screamed lightly. “Okay baby, I won’t use the word anymore.  But that won’t make it less true. This is all happening so fast.  I want to slow it down just a little bit. Catch our breath. Date first.”

He bent his head and kissed her deeply.  His tongue tangling with hers. “Okay.  Fine. I’ll allow it.  For now. But you will only see me.  No one else.  Right?”

She chuckled to herself. Tucker sounded a little insecure and unsure of her. She couldn’t imagine why being that she had been in love with him for 24 years and he knew it.  She should be the one insecure.  But oddly enough, she wasn’t.  She could feel that Tucker was sincere in wanting her.

“Right,” he asked again inserting a finger in her and moving it in and out slowly.  

“Do you know how long I have waited to be here with you?  To have you love me back. You are all I have ever wanted.  This is all I have ever wanted. There is no way that I would throw it all away on some other guy.  I only want you baby.”

“Good,” he said with an impish grin. “Because you are going to get a lot of me.”   He removed his hand from between her legs and smacked the side of her thigh. “Now come on,” he said as he sat up beside her on the bed leaning back, bracing himself on his hands with his legs straight out.   He looked down at himself fully aroused still and back at her. “Let’s finish your ride. I wouldn’t want you to be late for worship service because of me.”  He winked and her stomach muscles clinched.

Harmony thought that Tucker was the sexiest man she had ever known.  And he was all hers.

She climbed on top facing away from him.   She was on her knees with them spread wide.  She leaned forward and braced her hands on either side of his legs.  She felt him position himself at her opening as she sank down slowly.

“mmm hum,” he said. “You feel so good.”

She clenched her muscles around him as she began to move up and down in a steady rhythm. 

“Mmmm,” she moaned as she felt him lightly rub her butt.

“Do you know how exquisite you look,” he asked in a husky voice rubbing the tips of his fingers slowly up her spine and then back down causing her to vibrate around him.

She looked back at him over her shoulder.  When he finally looked up from her body to her face, she smirked.  She knew fully well what she was doing when she chose to turn this way.

“Oh, I see. I guess you know what I like huh,” he said breathing hard as he looked away from her face to watch her body move up and down.

“Mmm, I do,” she said as she moved faster.  She began to clench and unclench her muscles around him on every stroke.

“Aaahhhh,” he screamed. “I see you do.”

He began to move with her. On every down stroke he rose to meet her. Three minutes later she felt her stomach muscles tighten at the beginnings of her orgasm.

“Aaaaaahhhh,” she screamed as she came around him.

“I love you,” he said as his body stiffened and she knew that he had come too.  After the last wave of her orgasm faded away, she looked over her shoulder at him again and smiled.

“Mmm,” he said shaking his head slowly from side to side. “You’re just so damned luscious.” He smacked her butt cheek lightly with his hand then squeezed it.  “You better get out of this bed right now and get dressed.  Or I will keep you here all day,” he continued as she rose from him and lay down in the bed.  He got up from the bed and went into the bathroom. 

“That wouldn’t be such a bad thing now would it,” she teased as she continued to lay in the bed. She heard the toilet flush before he walked back out.

“Are you offering sweetheart,” he asked as he lay down on his back and pulled her towards him.

“No.  Not really,” she said jokingly as she lay her head on his chest and partially covered his body with her own.  She would love nothing more than to stay with Tucker all day.  But she had other commitments.  She didn’t want to make a habit of neglecting her friendships, relationships, nor job.  She had learned that these were things that had to be nurtured to survive and grow. 

“You are such a tease. Oddly enough, I like it. So, you won’t move in with me.  But at least, will you spend the night with me tonight?”

“Baby, you’re going to need a new bed if you want me to stay overnight,” she said.  And she meant that.  She knew she would feel totally uncomfortable.

“A new bed?”

“I hope you don’t expect to make love to me in a bed that you have repeatedly made love to another woman.  Certainly not,” she said lifting her head up off his chest to look into his eyes.

“Hey hey,” he said rolling her over on her back to lie atop of her. “You are the only woman I have ever made love too. I thought I had made that clear.”

“Okay then.  Had sex with.”  Made love to.  Had sex with. In her mind it was all the same. It was still him sharing with someone else what should have been hers.

“I tell you what. How about we go out after you leave church and pick out a brand new king size bed for my place. Huh,” he said smiling.

“That sounds like a plan,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him deeply on the lips.  As she kissed him she could feel him getting aroused. 

“So do you have time for one more round before you go,” he asked rocking his hips to rub himself against her opening.

“For you baby, I will make the time,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. She was surprised that Tucker was ready again after they had just made love.  She hadn’t expected Tucker to have such a high sex drive. She wondered if he would always be like this or if it was just the novelty of it being their first time together again.

“I love you,” he said as he began to slowly push inside of her. 

“Baby wait.  We need protection.  I am not on birth control. Remember?”

He kissed her as he pushed further. “I remember.  I just don’t want to wear it,” he said as he kissed her again.

“No sweetheart. No. We need it,” she said resting her hands on his shoulders. There was a time in her life where she was irresponsible.  But that time was no longer.

“I’ll pull out. I won’t come inside of you Songbird. I promise. I just don’t want anything between us.”

“Tucker, we are both too old to have this conversation,” she said with conviction staring into his eyes. He stopped and stared back.  They lay that way having a silent battle of wills for several heartbeats.

 “Damn,” he said as he pulled out and got another condom from the drawer. He stood by the bed and put it on. “I don’t want to wear these forever you know,” he said with a smile.  She assumed it was to ease the sting of his demands.  But she understood where he was coming from so she wasn’t angry.

“You won’t have to baby.  I will make an appointment tomorrow for birth control.”

He lay back down between her legs and pushed all the way inside of her with one stroke.

“Mmmmm,” she moaned. 

“Birth Control? Hhmmm,” he said thoughtfully. “We need to discuss that. But right now I want to hear you sing my name.” he said kissing her neck.

 

 

Location: Devon Winters’ House

Devon had been calling and texting Roxy all night.  She was supposed to come with him to Sunday brunch with his family like she always did when she was in town.  He had told the men in the family about Roxy, but he didn’t want to have to tell the women.  His mother, Aunt Olivia, Sophia nor Lily would understand the problem.  They would take her side.  He just knew it.  The last thing he needed was for the women of his family to tell Roxy she was right.  He dialed her number again in hopes that this would be the time she answered.  To his amazement, it was.

“Roxanne,” he said attempting to keep the annoyance from his voice. 

“Devon,” she said dryly.

“So it’s like that huh?  You ignore all my calls and texts.”

“I was tired.  I didn’t feel like talking.”

“You could have at least texted me back.  You don’t know. Something terrible could have happened to me.” 

“Well, I figured you were okay.  Being that if you weren’t, you wouldn’t have been capable of calling me or texting repeatedly.”

“I may have had an emergency or something. I might have needed you.”

“Your father is Neil Winters.  I am sure that he would come running if ever you needed anything.”

“Well he couldn’t have given me this,” he said lowering his voice so she would know what the “this”  was to which he was referring.

“Whatever Devon. What is it that you want,” she said irritated.

He had never known Roxy to act this hard with him.  Not even when he had cheated on her.  That had been the worse feeling. Knowing that he had hurt her like that. He still didn’t understand why that had happened.  Roxy was the only woman he had ever been in love with.  The only woman he wanted to ever be in love with.

“Baby. Come on.”

“What,” she asked pretending not to understand him.

“Well are you coming to brunch today.  My family will be expecting you and would be really disappointed if you didn’t show.” He knew he was wrong to bring up his family as an emotional blackmail.  But he wanted to see her today and he thought that this brunch was his only chance.

“Sure. I will be there,” she said sighing.

“Great.  I will come pick you up.”

“Let me ask you this. Did you go out clubbing last night?”

“I texted you and called you all night and would have come running if you had even hinted that you wanted to see me.”

“Answer the question Devon?”

“Yes.”

“Why am I not surprised? No thank you. I will meet you there,” she said and hung up the phone.

Well, she was more upset about this than he thought.  But there was one thing he knew for sure was that Roxanne loved him.  And he loved her.  It wasn’t that he didn’t want to marry her.  He did. She was the only woman that he wanted. The only woman that he wanted to be the mother of his children.  He knew he had reacted badly last night.  He had been shocked. But it wasn’t just shock.  He admitted to himself that he had some fear of divorce.  He remembered how lost Lily had been when they met. The things that she had gone through. He didn’t want his children to go through that.  He just wanted to do it right so that it would be forever. 

 

Location: Neil Winters’ Apartment

Sophia rang Neil’s door bell and waited for him to answer.  He was supposed to pick her up but she needed to attempt to get a DNA sample as soon as possible so she decided to pretend that she had gotten her signals crossed.  Neil opened the door and smiled.

 “Hey,” she said.

“Hey you.  I thought that I was going to pick you up today,” he said taking Moses’ carrier from her hand.

“Oh were you,” she smiled. “I must have gotten that confused.” She hoped that she didn’t sound as nervous as she felt.

“Okay well come on in. Let me just finish dressing and we will be ready to go.”

“Okay.  Let me just reapply my make up too. “

“Why,” he said looking at her. “You look beautiful.  Your make up is perfect, as usual.”

“Thank you.  But I still want to check it,” she said.  She couldn’t stop herself as she giggled nervously.

“Okay. Well Moses and I will be in the bedroom.”

“Okay.” She said as she went into the bathroom and closed the door.

There was no mistaken the toothbrushes or getting his mixed up with anyone else’s because there was only one left in the bathroom now. She took a plastic back out of her purse and turned it inside out.  She put her hand inside the plastic, picked up the toothbrush, turned it outside in, and zipped it up.  She put it in the inside compartment of her purse and zipped it up.  She reapplied her makeup and walked out to sit on the couch in the living room to wait on Neil.

He came out fully dressed with Moses in the carrier.

“Oh, I hate to tell you this.  But I mistakenly knocked the toothbrush container off the sink.  Your toothbrush fell in the toilet.  I threw it away,” she smiled genuinely because the lie just rolled off her tongue.

“Okay.  No problem.  I have done that a time or two myself. So let’s head out.  We have to pick up Lily,” he said as he picked up a bag.  She wondered about what was in it but decided not to ask.  She just didn’t care enough.

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Nina was sitting in the living room enjoying having her son back.  And he didn’t seem as upset as she thought he would be.

“So Chancey, how do you really feel about being back for good,” she asked.

“You know mom.  At first I was hurt.  But now I am really excited.  I can’t wait to start work at Chancellor.”

“So is it just the job that has you excited or is it a certain beautiful girl.  You know the one that you met yesterday,” she said teasingly.

She saw Chance blush.  So it did have something to do with Roxanne.

“She was beautiful.  Wasn’t she?”

“Yes.  But let me remind you that she is also Devon’s girlfriend.  They have been dating for like 3 or 4 years now.  They seem devoted to each other.”

“He didn’t seem all that devoted to me.”

“Well he had some other things going on too.”

“If I had a woman like that there is no way I would let anything take my focus from her.”

Chance had a woman like that in Chloe but he had lost sight by cheating on her with someone else.  He had made some mistakes but she wouldn’t list them for him.  He knew his flaws. And she hoped he had learned his lesson with what happened.  “Just be cautious because I would really hate to see you get hurt again or hurt anyone else.”

“Mom, let’s not talk about this.  I just met her yesterday.”

“Okay.  I will let it go. Just a heads up though.  I am sure she will be at church with the Winters as she is every Sunday that she is in town.”

“Thanks.”

 

Location: Paul Williams’ Apartment

Ashley was at a loss for words with Paul.  He still seemed so angry. She was sitting on a corner of the couch with him lying across it with his head in her lap. He still hadn’t contacted Rickey’s grandparents.

“Paulie, you still need to contact Rickey’s grandparents and let them know what has happened,” she said running her hand through his hair.

“I know.  I just don’t want to call them and tell them that another one of their loved one’s died on my watch. First Isabella and now Rickey.”

“Sweetheart, you can’t blame yourself for this. Neither was your fault.”

“I know that.  But I still feel responsible.  Like I wasn’t attentive enough to him. I still want to know how someone young and healthy dies from pneumonia.”

“What are you suggesting?”

“I am suggesting that the hospital may be at fault.  And I won’t rest until I know what happened to him.  And why he had to die.”

“Paul.  I am not sure that anyone is to blame.” Ashley was well aware that Nate was the attending physician for Rickey.  If Paul wanted to place blame it would surely fall on him. 

“I disagree. Something had to have gone wrong.  I want to know.  This may prevent someone else from going through what I am going through right now.”

“Sometimes Paul, things just happens.  And it is no one’s fault.  I totally understand wanting to know what happened.  But I don’t want to see you so consumed with this that you lose yourself in the process.  I, better than most, know what that feels like.”

“I know you do.  We will just wait and see what comes out of the review board. I know it is customary procedure to have one.  I think I will call Olivia and ask her when can I expect to hear the result of it.”

“Why don’t I ask her about it?  Take some of the load off of you.  Now let’s get dressed for church.  We need God’s grace right now.” 

 

Time: Same day, Mid-Morning

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club Dining Room

Neil looked down the table at his family and his heart swelled with pride.  To his immediate right were Devon then Roxy, Maddy, Olivia, Harmony, and Justin.  To his immediate left was Lily, then Charlie, Nathan, Moses, and Sophia. Chris was seated at the other end of the table.   Everyone looked happy and healthy.  Especially Harmony, who seemed to be glowing from within. The exception  was Devon and Roxy.  She spent most of her time feeding and playing with Maddy. Which wasn’t unusual as she would always take responsibility for one of the twins to ease Lily’s burden whenever she was around. They had become great friends over the years.  But what was unusual is that she was pointedly ignoring Devon.  It was obvious that he needed some help.  Luckily he had a surprise that he thought might do that.

He stood and everyone looked towards the end of the table at him.  He lifted the bag he had brought earlier and sat it on the table on front of him.

“Everyone, you just don’t know how it does my heart good to see us all here.  No matter what has transpired during the week, we are always able to pull it together on Sunday.  The Lord’s day,” Neil said.

“Neil, you have become just as much a sap as Justin here.  What happened to you man,” Chris asked with a laugh.

“Oh, he’s always been this way. At least as long as I have known him,” said Olivia. Followed by laughter from all.

“Okay. No long winded melancholy speech then,” Neil said with a smile. “However, I did bring gifts”. 

“Yay, gifts from my daddy. My favorite thing,” Lily said as she lightly clapped her hands.

Neil pulled out a stack of medium sized flat jewelry boxes.

“You have always been such a daddy’s girl,” Devon said in mock irritation.  Lily smirked at him.

“Okay, I have one for all the ladies,” he said as he passed the jewelry boxes down the table except for one.  “And this one’s for Roxy.  You know we love you and you are already a part of this family,” he said to her with a smile. 

“Thank you,” Roxy said smiling.  He could tell that she was surprised.

Neil winked at Devon and laid the box in front of him.  He could have easily place it before her himself but he wanted to help Devon score some points.  Devon picked up the box with his left hand and put his right hand around Roxy’s chair. He leaned in and held the box out for her.  She took it and smiled at him.

“Open it,” Devon whispered.  She opened it and gasped as did the other women at the table.

It was a platinum chain with a pendent in the shape of a script W.  The pendent was made of small sapphires with diamonds around the edge and was about an inch in diameter.

Neil heard thank you’s from all the women as Lily stood and hugged him. “Thank you,” she said.

“You’re welcome baby girl,” he said as she sat down. 

He then turned back to Devon and Roxy.  She ran her finger over the pendant.  “It’s beautiful,” she said.

“Would you like me to put it on for you,” Devon asked.

“Yes, thank you.”

Devon removed the necklace from its’ case and stood behind Roxy’s chair.  She lifted her hair as he put the necklace around her neck and fastened the clasp.  Then he sat back down.  

“You’re beautiful,” Devon said placing his arms back around Roxy’s chair and rubbing his fingers over the pendant that lay flat against her breast bone.

“Thank you,” she said as they stared into each other’s eyes.

Neil felt like he had done his job.  Now it was up to Devon to make sure that Roxy continued to feel like she was a part of this family whether they got married now or sometime in the distant future.

“So the ladies get gifts but not me,” Nathan said with a laugh. “I’m hurt.”

“Well nephew it just so happens I also have something for you too.”

“Now that’s what I am talking about,” Nate said rubbing his hands together.

Neil once again went into his bag and pulled out smaller boxes and passed them around.

The boxes contained cuff links and a matching tie pin.  Both were platinum surrounding black onyx.  Inside the onyx was a smaller replica of the sapphire and diamond pendant on the women’s necklace.

“Cousin, I see your tastes have improved dramatically. Thanks,” Chris said.

There were thank you’s from all the men at the table. 

“Uhm, although this is quite beautiful and I thank you for it.  Need I remind you that I am a Barber,” Justin said.

“I know you think that this stands for Winters.  But it doesn’t.  The W is for WinterCorp. The umbrella company that will house Bell Communications and every other business we acquire.  It’s the name of our empire.”

“Well, in that case.  I am honored,” Justin said.

Chris leaned back in his chair.  Neil caught his eye and knew that he approved.  Bell Communications was just the beginning of what he had in store.

 

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Kay and the rest of the occupants of the house were having breakfast with the exception of Harmony.  She was aware that Harmony didn’t come home at all last night.  She assumed that she was with Tucker.  She was a little disappointed in Harmony at the idea.  When she first came to town, she thought that Harmony could handle Tucker.  Not let him run over her the way he did Ashley and everyone else in his pursuit of what he wanted.  But it seemed that Harmony was giving in to Tucker way to easily.  She didn’t like it at all.  Tucker needed to be reined in and taught a lesson.   She had backed up off him and Devon in the last couple of weeks.  But now, since Harmony was a disappointment, she figured she would have to get back in the fight.

“Uh oh, Billy strikes again,” Chloe said.

“Don’t tell me that it is about the Winters,” Jill said.

“Not the Winters per say.”

“Then who?  What is it this time,” Esther asked.

“Tucker and Harmony. It appears they are in the living room here.  They may be embracing. Then not.  One can’t really tell from the picture.  It was obviously taken from the window.  It seems either or the other of them has become a hit with the paparazzi,” Chloe said casually.

“Poor Harmony.  She’s going to be devastated that Billy has done this again,” Nina said.

“So he has done this before,” Chance asked.

“Well they scooped that Tucker and Ashley was divorcing at the same time that Neil Winters and his cousin bought Bell Communications.  Tucker really-,“ Chloe cut herself off. “You know what Chance.  I will explain all this to you on the way to the church.”

“Okay,” he said.

“Katherine, you haven’t said anything. I was wondering what you are thinking,” Jill said looking at Nina who smiled knowingly.

“Well, I must say that I am disappointed in Harmony.  I thought she was made of stronger stuff than to succumb to Tucker’s advances so soon,” Kay said.

“Maybe she has ulterior motives, like I said,” Jill stated.

“Oh please Jill.  You think everyone is a villain and no one has altruistic reason for doing anything,” Nina said.

“That’s because they are and they generally don’t,” Jill shot back.

“Maybe that’s because you don’t,” said Esther.

“Ladies, enough with the bickering.  I can’t enjoy my breakfast over here,” Murphy said.

“Well, I think her motives are true with Devon and Anna.  They are even true with Tucker I think. If she wanted his money Jill, she could have had it long ago.  No, she obviously loved him,” Kay said.

“And from the look on her face in this photo, she still does,” Chloe said.

“Well, I am not sure that this relationship is in her best interest.  I do not trust Tucker to treat her right,” Kay said.

Jill and Nina looked at each other and smiled.

 

Location: Paul Williams’ Apartment

Paul knew that he couldn’t put it off much longer.  He needed to just make the call and get it over with.  He was sure that they would want to bring him home for a service.  He dialed their number.

“Hola,” a female voice said.  He recognized it as Ricky’s grandmother.

“Mrs. Brana. This is Paul,” he said.

“Paul. How are you?”

“I’m not doing that well.”

“What is going on?”

“It’s Rickey.  He became sick last week.  And although we had every hope that he would be fine.  Something happened at the hospital and he didn’t make it,” Pauls said beginning to cry.

“Paul.  Are you telling me that my baby died?”

“Yes ma’am.”  As much as it pained him to say this out loud.  It was true.

“Oh no,” she said as she begin to cry. He could here Mr Brana in the background asking her what was wrong and her incoherently try to tell him.

“Hello.”

“Sir.”

“Paul. What happened?  Is it our boy Rickey.”

“Yes sir.  He got sick and he died.”

He too began to cry as well.

“Do they know what happened,” Mr Brana asked through his sobs.

“Apparently, he had pneumonia.  But it just seems odd to me.  I vow to you, I will find out what happened to our boy.”  And he would if it was the last thing he did.

“I don’t know what to say,” Mr. Brana said.  “I am at a lost.  There are no words.”

“Well, I know that you would want to bring him home to rest beside his mother.  I will make arrangements for that. “

“Thanks Paul.”

 

 

Time: Same day, Noon

Location:  Genoa City Episcopal Church

Nathan walked towards the entrance of the church.  It seemed that everyone he knew was here today.  Maybe it had something to do with the death of Rickey Williams.  One dying so young always seemed to have an effect on the people that are left behind.  Sometimes positive.  Sometimes negative.  But it seemed that facing mortality always brought people closer to God. 

He noticed Devon standing on the side walk holding Roxy’s hand.  They were talking to someone who appeared to be Roxy’s sister.  Surely he was mistaken because Devon would have told him if Tammy was back in town.  Devon knew that he had a crush on her.  The closer he got to them, the more excited he became.  It was Tamara. 

She smiled as she noticed him approaching.   And just like that, his worries disappeared. 

“Hi Nathan,” she said in her usual sexy voice as she opened her arms in anticipation of his embrace.

“Tamara,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face in her hair. It smelled the way it always did.  Like roses.  “I didn’t know you were in town.”

“Yes,” she said stepping back out of his arms.  “I have been here a few days. How are you?”

“A few days,” Nate thought. He would strangle his cousin when he got him alone.  Devon knew he had a thing for Tammy and had been trying to get with her since they met a few months after Devon started dating Roxy.

“Good,” he said aloud. “I would ask you but it is obvious how you are.  You look absolutely stunning.  As usual.”  He heard Devon snicker. “So how long are you in town for?”

“Oh, I have moved back. Got a job and everything. So you and the rest of these folks will be seeing a lot more of me.  I am not sure either you or the town will be able to handle me,” she said saucily.

“I am not sure about the town, but I am more than capable of handling you,” he said.

“Okay,” Roxy said laughing. “I see the game has started already. Before it goes any further and embarrasses me, let me remind you that we are on church grounds.”

“You’re right. We had better go in and pray for my soul.  It’s just something about Nathan that makes me want to sin,” she said winking at him. “Rox, can I talk to you before the service begins.”

“Sure,” Roxy said as the women walked off towards the church.

When they were out of hearing range, Nate turned to Devon annoyed.  “I can’t believe that you didn’t tell me that Tamara Davis was back in town.  You know she is my dream girl.”

Devon began laughing. “Well, I was going to tell you last night but it slipped my mind while I was trying to get in touch with Roxy.  I still blame you for our latest problem you know.”

“Like I said, you don’t listen Devon.  But she seems okay now.  She was holding your hand when I walked up,” Nate said.

“It’s the necklace.  She loves it.  I am going to have to do something special for my dad to thank him.  Maybe I should have asked his advice afterall.”

“Yeah.  Probably.  That was a smooth move. But let me tell you, this won’t hold her off longer than a few days.  Do you want to know what I think?”

“No. But I know you are going to tell me anyway.”

“Marry her now Devon.  She is a great woman. You don’t want to lose her to someone else.  Have another man living your life. Believe me there are plenty of men out there who are willing to give her what she wants.  And right now.”

“Don’t you think I know that? I want to marry Roxy.  That was always my plan. I am just not stable enough right now.”

“Make yourself ready. It’s not hard.”

“Easy for you to say.  You have gone to medical school.  Your dream career is established.”

“Cous, I am going to give you fair warning.  Tammy is back in town.  I fully expect to catch that little flirt this time.  And when I do, it will be for keeps.  Roxy’s going to feel like crap if Tammy gets engaged before her and she has been dating you for three years.”

“What the hell?  Are you saying that you are in love with Tamara Davis and plan on marrying her sometime soon?”

“No, I am not in love with her. But I do plan on marrying her though.” Nate knew that didn’t sound right.  But after witnessing what his dad has just gone through, he just felt like he didn’t want to be bothered with the sentiment. He just wasn’t one for love.  He thought it was overrated.

“Not computing doctor,” Devon said looking at him like he had sprouted a second and third head.

“I know a good woman when I see one.  She is perfect for me.  She is a social butterfly and having someone like that on my arm would do wonders for my career.  By the way, she’s fine.  I want her.”

“I cannot believe you are choosing a wife in such a cold blooded way.  You better hope that she never finds out.  But I am not so sure that she will agree anyway.  She has always been hard to get.”

“Yes.  But she is older and wiser now.  Trust me.  My chances have gone up every year that she hasn’t met anyone else.”

“I can’t believe you,” Devon said astonished. “ Anyway, let’s go inside before the service starts.”

 

Olivia walked towards the entrance of the church alongside Harmony. 

“You seem so happy this morning Harmony.  Care to share,” she asked.  She figured it had something to do with Tucker.  She wouldn’t begrudge Harmony being with Tucker.  Ashley had decided to leave him.  So he should find someone else too.

“It’s Tucker,” Harmony said with a smile.

“Of course it’s Tucker. What happened?”

“Okay, it’s just between you and me for right now.  But last night, he told me that he loved me and we are together.”

“By together you mean?”  She just wanted clarification.

“We are seeing each other exclusively.”

“I know you love Tucker.  It’s written all over you.  But I just want you to be careful with him.  He can be very attentive.  Make you feel like the only woman in the world.  But he can also be callous and ruthless.”  Olivia hated telling Harmony this but she felt that she needed to know.

“In business, yes,” Harmony said slowly.

“No sweety.  I mean in general.  Look at the way he has treated Kay.  Just be careful.  I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

At the moment Jack walked up.

“Ladies, it’s nice to see you this morning.  Olivia, can I speak to you for a second.”

“Okay, I think I will just head on inside,” Harmony said as she walked off.  Olivia braced herself for another round of Jack’s flirting.

“Jack.  What do you need?”

“Weren’t you supposed to call me back?”

“I’m sorry, I totally forgot.”

“Don’t worry.  You can make it up to me by allowing me to take you dinner tomorrow night.  I have some things I want to talk to you at length about.  And this is not the time.”

“Sure.  I always have time for dinner with an old friend.”

“Okay.  How about 7?  I’ll pick you up.”

“Okay.  Sounds like a date.”

“Yes, it is a date.   Have I told you how beautiful you look today?”

“You are such a flirt Jack.”

“But that doesn’t mean that I don’t mean it.”

“Hhmm. “

“Don’t think too hard on it doctor.  Now, let’s go in,” he said hold out his arm.  She slipped her hand through as they walked off.

 

 

Roxy was standing in the vestibule of the church speaking with her sister and waiting for Devon and Nate. 

 “Did you get a chance to talk to Devon about the reason you moved back,” Tammy asked.

“Yes.  And he said that he wasn’t ready.”  And from what Roxy could tell, he may not be ready for another 15 years if he was waiting on his music career to take off.

“Well, I am not surprised.”

“Neither am I.  Isn’t that sad?”

“Yes, it is. That’s a beautiful necklace chickadee,” Tammy said in awe. “I haven’t seen it before. Did Devon give it to you?”

“Yes.  Well, really his dad but who’s taking score.” 

“Huh.  You’re confusing me.”

“Devon’s dad gave all the women in the family a necklace like this.  He included me.” Roxanne knew what that meant.  Devon’s family accepted her as one of them.

“Wow girl.  I guess you really are in there. That family loves you.  But they always have. It shows their wisdom.”

“I guess that’s true,” Roxy said laughing.

“The necklace is nice and all but don’t lose sight of what you want.  The symbol of it is not lost on me.  But don’t let it be a replacement for that wedding ring.”

“You really know how to rain on a party, you know that Tam.” 

“Hey, someone has to keep you focused.  I would hate for you to waste anymore good child bearing years on Devon Winters.” 

“Are you calling out my biological clock?  You are older than me Tammy.  And all you have ever really wanted was a job as editor of a magazine and a family.”

“Yes, but I haven’t been dating the same guy for over 3 years.”

Roxy couldn’t even argue with that. When her sister was right, she was right. Before she could tell her so Chance walked in with his mother.

“Ladies, good morning,” he said.

“Good morning,” she and Tamara said in unison.

“I am not sure you met yesterday, but this is my mother, Nina Webster.  Mom, these are the amazing Davis sisters.  Tamara and Roxanne.”

“Ah yes.  I didn’t get a chance to meet Tamara, but I remember Roxanne here.  The beautiful fresh face that made my son forsake his mother without a backwards glance,” she said with a laugh.

“See, if I had known that you wanted him, I would have never agreed to be his partner.  I think that mothers should always come first,” Roxy said jokingly.

“Smart girl.  Chance, I like this one.”

“I like her too,” he said with a smile.

“Okay, well I will head on in and get a seat while you catch up,” Nina said.

“So are you ready for your new job tomorrow,” Roxy said. “Have you been working out your right hand?”

“Yes.  What about you?”

“I don’t need a strong right hand for my position,” she said. 

“I am sure your strengths lie elsewhere,” he said looking down at her body then back up to her face. “ So how about lunch tomorrow to discuss our first morning as executives.  Somehow, I think that you will be much better at this than me.  I am sure I will need some pointers.”

“I doubt if you will need any instruction from me. But the lunch sounds good.”

“Okay. Eve’s Bistro at 12,” he said. 

“Okay, see you then.”

“Enjoy the services ladies,” he said as he walked off.

Both she and Tammy watched him until the doors to the sanctuary closed.

“Uhm. Rox. Did you just make a date with that fine Phillip Chancellor IV.”

“What girl? No.  That is not a date.”

“Seems like one to me. You know he was engaged to Chloe.  Cheated on my girl.  Be careful.”

“Nah. It wasn’t a date. Where is Devon and Nate.  Or as you call him, Nathan.  Why do you flirt with him so when you know it won’t go further than that?”

“What makes you think that it won’t go further?”

“You two have been doing this dance for a while now and nothing ever comes of it.”

“Well, there is a reason for that.”

“Because you are not really interested.”

“What? Surely you don’t believe that. Nathan is a doctor. A surgeon, no less. He’s very sexy.  He’s a gentleman. He’s dependable. He’s kind and attentive. He’s generous. He’s trustworthy. He’s also well raised.  He’s funny. Oh yeah, did I mention he is a doctor,” she said laughing. “Besides, I look damn good on his muscled arm.”

“So what’s the problem then?  He obviously likes you.”

“I know that.  It’s just that he was here and I was in New York and not wanting to be here.  I don’t like long distance relationships.  But since I am here now, I might as well give him what he has been after for so long.”

“Uh oh,” Roxy said laughing.

“Yes ma’am.  I am about to rock the good doctors world.”

 

Location: Tucker McCall’s House

In light of the conversation that he and Harmony had this morning about taking their relationship slowly, he still wanted to be prepared. So he sat with Neil Lane, a jewelry designer from California, looking at possible rings.

“So Lane, what do you have for me,” Tucker said standing up.

“These are all one of a kind hand crafted pieces from my latest collection,” he said opening up a portable jewelry case.

Tucker looked at the rings.  He picked up a few and held them up.

 “So what do you think,” Neil said.

“Well, they are all beautiful. Definitely worthy of being worn by my wife. But I don’t know. I am just not getting the feeling that either one of them is for her.”

“What’s the problem?”

“These are all so shiny and new. I don’t think that they represent what I feel for her.  My love for her is not new,” he said thoughtfully.  And it wasn’t.  Although he had just allowed himself to claim it.  To acknowledge it for what it had been.  And what it still was.  “My love is not shiny and it’s not perfect. It’s weathered and worn.  It has been painful for both of us.  More so her than me.  I want something that indicates that. Something that says I recognize what she has been through.  That I see what loving me has cost her. That I see her. It should at least be older than our son.”

“Ah, I see,” Neil said.  “I have something else. It’s is an antique piece.  I was saving it for my personal collection.  But I think it would be better served by you.” He said as he lifted off the velvet section and pulled out small bag with a ring box.  He opened it up and gave it to Tucker.  

 

Tucker gasped as he said, “this is it.  This is the one.  It will look spectacular on her finger.”

“You’re in love.  I am sure no matter what you buy, you would think it looked spectacular on her finger.”

Tucker could only laugh.

“Just so you know.  The setting is titanium.  Hand crafted. That is a flawless yellow diamond. I suggest you get it ensured.”

“I will.  Thank you. “

“No, my friend.  Thank you.”

 

Location:  Genoa City Episcopal Church

Harmony sat in the pew at church listening to the guest pastor, Joel Olsteen, speak about forgiveness.  When she realized what the sermon was about, all she could think about was her children and Tucker.  She had been given forgiveness by all three.  She didn’t think she deserved it but she would accept it for the gift it was and be thankful.  She zoned back in as the pastor was finishing up.

“When you’ve been hurt or offended, sometimes it’s tempting to hold on to unforgiveness. But we have to remember, when people wrong us, our battle is not against flesh and blood. In other words, that person who hurt you is not the real enemy. The Bible says that your adversary is the devil, and he knows that if you don’t forgive, then your prayers won’t be effective. Unforgiveness puts up a barrier in your life to the power of God. In fact, if we don’t forgive others, we can’t be forgiven by God. But when you choose forgiveness, you open the door for God’s healing power to flow through your life. Disarm the enemy in your life today by choosing forgiveness. Bless those who curse you and pray for those who wrong you. Look at what Jesus did—when He was betrayed, beaten, mocked, and disrespected, He chose forgiveness. As you follow His example, you will open the door for God to move in your life, and you’ll live in victory in every area of your life!  Let us stand,” he said.

As she stood, Harmony felt light headed. Her knees began to buckle as she passed out.

 

Time: Same day, Afternoon

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Sophia had accompanied the family to hospital after Harmony had fainted at church.  She had not come too yet.  Everyone was frantic with worry.  Although she was not a fan of harmony’s herself, she was also worried.  She didn’t want anything to happen to her.  Devon was almost inconsolable with worry.  But Neil and Chris were doing their best to make him think positive.

“Precious. Relax. Think positive,” Chris said.

“I am trying. I really am. I just got my mom back, I can’t lose her again.  After losing Dru, I never thought I would have a mother again.  But now-“

“Son.  No one knows how you feel better than I do.  But this is not like Dru. That was different.  Just breathe,” Neil said as he held Devon’s face in both his hands.

“Okay. Okay,” Devon said.

She figured no one had told Tucker about what was going on.  She knew he would want to be here for Devon so she decided to go outside to call him.

“I am just going to step outside and check on Moses,” she said as she walked out. She did want to check on Moses.  They had elected not to bring him to church today.  He was at Lily’s with Charlie and Maddie.

She dialed Tucker’s number.

“Hey Soph,” he said. He sounded so happy.

“Hey Tucker.  I don’t know if anyone told you or not. But Harmony is at the hospital. She fainted at church.”

“What? Is she okay? How is she doing? Do they know what’s wrong? Tell me something.  Tell me something Soph,” Tucker said frantically.

“Tucker calm down. Calm down.  We haven’t heard anything yet.” He seemed very upset.  She was surprised.  She expected him to be worried about Devon.  But he didn’t even mention him at all.

“Devon is kind of losing it.”

“Okay.  Okay. I need to come there. I am on my way. Bye.” He hung up before she could respond.

“That was interesting,” she thought.  They really needed to have a talk.

She dialed the sitter’s number to check on Moses. 

 

Neil was just as nervous as Devon.  He was trying to stay calm for his son when the doctor walked in.

“Ms. Hamilton has woken up but she is still kind of groggy. She said that she had been working two jobs and hadn’t gotten much sleep.  She is just exhausted. She will be fine with a little rest.”

“See son.  She’s fine,” Neil said embracing Devon.

“Thank God,” Devon said. “Can I see her?”

“Yes. For a little while. But you are her son, right?”

“Yes, I am,” Devon said proudly.  Neil was touched.  Harmony had worked hard for that tone from Devon.  He was happy that she had earned it.  He just wished she was standing here to hear it.

“Okay.  Do you know whether she is pregnant?”

Neil was shocked. He looked at Devon who also appeared just as shocked.

“I don’t think so,” Neil said for Devon. “Why do you ask? Do you suspect that?”  If she was, Neil would deal with Tucker.  Because from the way they both looked in her room yesterday, he just knew he was the father.

“No.  We were just wondering.  There is some medication we wanted to give her right now but we needed to be sure that she wasn’t pregnant beforehand. But don’t worry. We will just do an ultrasound. She’s groggy so we didn’t trust her answer when she said no.”

“Oh okay,” Devon said.  “Can I see her now?”

“Sure come with me.”

                                                           

Lily was happy that Harmony was okay.  She knew that Devon really couldn’t take losing her.  Besides, she liked Harmony.  She liked having her around. She reminded her somewhat of Dru when she was bouncing around having fun.  And Lily still missed her mother so much.  Since Harmony was okay she figured she would go home to relieve the baby sitter who had agreed to keep the kids on short notice so they could come to the hospital. She sounded worn out when she had spoken to her.

“Hey guys, I think that I need to go home and let the baby sitter go now that we know Harmony is okay.  She seemed sort of stressed out when we spoke.”  

“I think I will pick Moses up too,” Sophia said.

“Well, I can’t leave Devon here,” Neil said.

“No problem.  I will take everyone home,” Justin said. “I’ll drop them off and come back.”

“Thanks Justin.”

“No thanks needed.  This gives me time to catch up with Lily.”

 

Chris walked into Harmony’s hospital room. She lay in the bed with her eyes closed.  Her breathing was even so he thought that she might be asleep.  He wouldn’t disturb her.  He just wanted to sit by her side for a while.  When he sat down in the chair, she opened her eyes.  When she saw that it was him, she smiled.

“Hey boss,” she said.

“Hey you.  You had me worried earlier.”

“I am so sorry.  I don’t know what happened.”

“I do. The doctors said that you were exhausted.”

“Well, I have been feeling tired a lot lately.”

“And why didn’t you tell me that you were working another job?”  He had been furious when he found out.  There was no need for her to work two jobs.  He didn’t know him but Billy Abbot was obviously a disloyal selfish asshole.  She had been doing him a favor that was detrimental to her health and he had thrown her to the wolves on his website.  Chris would make sure that he was punished for that.

“Well, I didn’t think it was a big deal.  It was only temporary until I found a replacement.  And I did.  So I won’t be doing that anymore.”

“That’s good.   But also, I think we should cut back on your responsibilities to me.”  He had been keeping her occupied in hopes that she wouldn’t have time for McCall.  But it seemed that his plan had holes in it.  She had fallen through on and into his trap anyway.

“No, don’t do that.  I love my job.  I love working with you every day.”

“That’s great.  And I think you do a wonderful job.  I just think that I shouldn’t put so many demands on your time.  You are obviously bending over backwards to meet them.  And I dare say, meet those being put on you from other people too.” 

“Other people?”

“Oh, you know who I am talking about.  There are new pictures of you two up on the Restless Style website.  You were embracing it seems.  Then another where you were holding hands. It was at night,” he said questioningly.

“Billy.  I am not surprised he would continue doing this.”

“I am not of fan of his,” he continued. “I don’t trust him. But I want you to be happy.  You deserve some happiness in life.  Precious told me that he gave you two the green light.  And it is obviously what you want.  So I won’t keep you tied to me.  I have a car and a driver.   And I do know my way around the important parts of the city.  So I won’t need you to accompany me anymore.”

“Oh Chris.  I don’t mind.  I like your company.”

“Hhmm, I am sure you do.  But it seems you like the company of someone else more.”

“That’s not true.”

“Really,” he asked with a smile.  Because although she protested, he had never seen that particular look on her face in those pictures. 

“It’s different that’s all.  You and I are friends,” she said reaching out to grab hold of his hand.

And there it was.  The dreaded “friend” word that no man wanted to hear from an attractive woman.  He didn’t know why he felt hurt.  He knew that he could never date her anyway.  Neil had been right. It was never a good idea.  This way, at least they could remain friends. 

“I know.  Which is why I am releasing you from some of your Chris duties. So, we no longer need to have breakfast together every morning either.   Justin will be sharing Sherri until he hires his own assistant.”

“One fainting spell and a girl is being treated as weak,” she said teasingly.

“Weak?  You?  Nah.  Not in the same category at all.”

“Thanks.  I really needed to hear that.”

“So tell me.  Are you in love with him?”

“Yes,” she said. 

“And does he feel the same way?”

“He says he does.”

“But you don’t believe him.”

“Actually I do.  I’m just not sure that I believe that we can move past all the pain of the past.  That’s all.”

“Well, time will tell. But, if he ever mistreats you.  Let me know.  I’ll make sure that punishment is meted out.”

She laughed.

 

 

Roxy was at the hospital supporting Devon.  She had been there all afternoon with the rest of the family.  Harmony was doing fine now and everyone felt relieved.   Everyone else had left besides Devon, Chris, Neil, and Nate.  Olivia had started her shift at the hospital.  And Sophia and Lily had gone to get their kids.  Justin had driven them.  And Nate was currently looking out the window at the skyline.  Something seemed to be bothering him.  For the first time since he had met her sister, he had not asked Roxy once about her.

The abrupt time change seemed to be catching up with her because she felt herself getting tired. She had her first day at Fenmore’s tomorrow and she wanted to be well rested.  She figured she had better leave now before she would be too tired to drive herself home. Especially since she didn’t want Devon to have to leave his mom here to do it.  Harmony needed him here.

“Sweetheart,” she said as she stood up and walked towards Devon who was standing near the entrance of the waiting room talking to Neil.

“Hey Foxy,” he said.  “Thanks for staying and supporting me,” he said wrapping his arms around her waist and hugging her as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She had missed being in his arms when she was gone.

“Anytime,” she said leaning back with a smile looking into his eyes.  And she meant that. She loved Devon.  There wasn’t much she wouldn’t do for him.  And she was sure that he knew it.

“But I know you are tired.  You must be,” he said. Then he lowered his voice and finished with, “And I still have not gotten my “I’m home daddy” goodies.”

Her stomach fluttered.  She looked at Neil to see if he had heard.

Neil smiled slyly at her and she looked down. She could feel herself blushing.

“I think I am going to go check out that view with Nate and give you two love birds some privacy,” he said walking away.

When he turned his back on them, Devon slide his right hand from her waist to rest on her butt.  He used it to pull her closer to him so that her body was pressed to him from chest to thigh.

“I missed you,” he said in a whisper while squeezing her butt.  Her inner walls clenched involuntarily along with it.

“I missed you too,” she said kissing him softly on the lips.

“You are so beautiful. Do you know that?”

“Actually, I do,” she said tilting her head to the side with a pout.

He raised his hand from her waist and ran the pads of his fingers across her lips. “Sexy too. So, if I come by your house when they release my mom, will I get my goodies,” he asked.

The feel of his fingers on her lips reminded her of the feel of his fingers on her other set of lips.  She felt them swelling in anticipation of her man’s homecoming.  She thought that they both needed something to hold them over until they could fully be together.

“Well, you might not make it.  There’s no telling what time your mom will be released. How about you walk me to the car and I will give you a sample,” she said with a wink. She saw the look of surprise on his face as she pulled out of his embrace and walked out the waiting room. 

She heard him say, “I’ll be back. Gonna walk Roxy to the car.”

 

Tucker was frantic as he raced into the emergency room.  He almost stopped a nurse and asked for his Songbird but thought better of it.  They probably wouldn’t tell him anything because he was not family. “At least not yet,” he thought.  The ring he was carrying in his inside coat pocket was a symbol of that changing.  He hoped sooner rather than later.  He figured that the Devon would still be here.  And of course, Neil and his annoying cousin too.  So he decided to check out the waiting room.  He heard voices and what they were saying stopped him in his tracks.

“Harmony pregnant,” he heard a voice say in shock.  “Imagine that,” he finished with a laugh.

“I know right. I think everyone in the room almost fainted when the doctor said that,” Neil said with a smile.

Tucker couldn’t hear anything said after that.  Their voices were completely drowned out by the intense pressure in his head. His entire face felt like it was on fire and his ears hurt.  He couldn’t believe it.  His Songbird was pregnant.  And it wasn’t by him. She had lied to him.  She said that she had been celibate for years. And like a fool he believed her. 

He stumbled away from the waiting room door before he could be seen.  He felt like he would pass out from lack of oxygen because he couldn’t breathe.  He needed to find her. He needed to see for himself whether this was true.  He knew it had to be true.   Neil would not have said it if it were not.

His chest hurt.  He lifted his hand subconsciously to rub it as he held himself upright by leaning against the wall.  He had only gotten a few steps from the waiting room door when someone noticed him.

“Sir, are you alright,” the nurse asked.

“No,” he screamed in his head but said, “Yes, I am just looking for a patient. My would be fiancée.”

“Oh, maybe I can help you.”

“Her name is Yolanda Hamilton.”

The nurse pointed towards a door and walked off.

Tucker slowly walked towards the door and looked through the window.  What he saw made his chest hurt even more.  Harmony was lying in bed.  She looked even more beautiful than when she left him this morning.  But she was smiling at Winters who sat by her bed.  She was holding his hand as it lay beside her.   The look on his face said it all.  This bastard really did care for Harmony.  And his gut said that he was the one whose baby she was carrying.  Tucker felt like it should have been his baby. Then it hit him.  She had made love to him all night while she carried another man’s baby in her body.  Tucker felt dirty. He felt violated.  But most of all, he felt hurt.

He pushed the door open and walked in.  She looked up directly into his face.  Her smiled broadened as her eyes got brighter.  He once again felt ten feet tall.  How dare she make him feel like this when it wasn’t true?  When it was just an illusion.

“Don’t you dare look at me like that,” he said in a low tone.

“What,” she asked confused as she raised her eyebrows.

“Like you love me.  Because it is clear you don’t. You are such a liar. I don’t know why I ever trusted you.  I should have known better,” he said as his voice rose higher on each syllable.

“McCall,” Chris said on a growl as he began to rise from his chair. “You have clearly lost your mind if you-“

Harmony reached out her hand to stay him. He looked at her and sat back down. “She even has him on a leash,” Tucker thought.  

“No Chris. Tucker obviously has something he wants to say. Let’s hear him out. Go ahead,” she said never breaking eye contact with Tucker.

Couldn’t she see that he didn’t want to finish.  That he didn’t want to have this conversation.

“So what were you doing, huh?  Reeling me in so that you could walk away from me.  Hurt me. Break my heart. Or were you planning on passing the kid off as mine.  Is Devon even mine?  I should have known to never trust a groupie.  You are all the same.”

He knew he was hurting her.  He could see the tears forming in her eyes. And his heart broke even more because he hated seeing her cry.  Even now, knowing that she had betrayed his trust, he still wanted to protect her.  To be with her.  He still loved her.  The knowledge ate at his pride.

“You know what.  I should have stayed with Ashley,” he said as he noticed her lips tremble and tears fall from the corner of her eyes. “At least she –“ 

“Shut the hell up and get the hell out,” Chris interrupted rising from his chair.

“My pleasure,” Tucker said as he walked out of the room without looking back at Harmony.  He didn’t stop until he reached his car.  The driver opened the door and he got in.  When he was seated, he pulled the ring box out of his coat pocket and opened it up.  “A love that is weathered and worn,” he scoffed as he closed the box.  Tucker would not allow himself being made a fool of by Christopher Winters go unchecked.  He had destroyed Tucker’s life.  Taken his future.  Therefore, Tucker decided, he would destroy his in return.

 

 

Devon heart had skipped a beat when Roxy had suggested that he walk her to the car.  He hadn’t had sex in in two weeks.  It felt like an eternity. When they arrived at the car she opened the back door and got in.  He followed her inside.  When he closed the door she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him sensually on the lips. They were in the far corner of the parking deck. Although it was still light outside, it was darker there.  They wouldn’t be seen.

He took her arms from around his neck as he leaned into one corner facing her. 

“Open your shirt for me please,” he asked.

She smiled and unbuttoned it so that it hang open but was still inside her skirt.

“Lay back,” he said breathing hard as she lay down on her back on the seat.  He reached down and put both feet in his lap.  He took off one shoe then the other. He pushed her skirt up her hips then grabbed the waist band of her red lace panties and pulled them off.  He held them up to look at them. 

“You know I love these,” he said as he dropped them to the floor.

“I know,” she said with a smile. 

He bent her legs at the knee and spread them wide. When he did so, he could smell her special smell.  It was just for him.  He knew that no one but himself had ever smelled it.  He had been Roxy’s one and only. 

“You smell ready.  Let me see if you feel ready.” With one finger he rubbed her folds.  She was dripping wet. “Damn, my goodies are wet.”

He inserted a finger inside of her and her muscles clamped down on it.  He withdrew it slowly.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

He lifted the finger to his mouth and sucked her juices off.

“You taste ready too. What I wouldn’t give to be inside you right now.  Do you have any condoms?”

“No,” she gasped. “I’m sorry sweetheart.”

“That’s okay.”  There were other things they could do. And they had done many back in the day before they had actually made love.

He took off his suit coat and threw it on the front seat. His tie followed. He rolled up shirt sleeve and looked at Roxy.  He had been so afraid when his mother had fainted at church.  He thought about all the years they missed in the past.  And all the years that they would possibly miss in the future.  And then it dawned on him.  Life was too short to try to live it according to some plan or schedule.  He had to take the life he wanted now.  And there was never any doubt.  He wanted a life with Roxy.  He couldn’t imagine his life without her.  He prayed that he never had too.

“I love you Foxy,” he said.

“I love you too,” she said with a broad smile.  And that smile nearly took his breath away.  He wanted to keep her smiling like this.  He hated the look on her face last night when they discussed getting married.  She deserved to be happy.  And from this point on he would make sure that she was. Her happiness would be his number one priority.

 

Roxy lay back on the seat watching Devon remove his coat and tie trying to figure out why he had such a thoughtful look at a time like this.  And even with that he was handsome.  Over the last year or so, his body had changed.  He had put on muscle.  It was no longer that of a kid.  And neither was his sexual appetite.  He had become so demanding. She had enjoyed being with him before.  But now, it was way more exciting.  And her body let her know it whenever he touched her.  She couldn’t get enough.

“You look absolutely ravishing laying here spread open for me,” he said.

“Now, let’s see if I can get my goodies to come for me.”  She knew that would be easy.  She was already on the precipice just listening to his voice say such naughty things to her.

He reached up and spread her shirt wide to reveal her breast in her bra.  He pulled the right cup down and rubbed the nipple with his thumb.

“Oh baby,” she gasped.

He used his other hand to part her folds to slide his middle finger in her.  She clamped down around it again.

He began rubbing her clitoris lightly with his thumb.

“Oohhh,” she moaned as she felt her muscles contract.

He leaned forward and licked her nipple as he rubbed her clitoris faster.

“Oh Devon, that feels so good,” she said. He seemed to be in tune with her body and knew exactly what she needed to get her there.

He took her nipple in his mouth at the same time he pressed more firmly on her clitoris.  Her back arched as she came hard.  Wave after wave shook her body as Devon continued to lightly rub her clitoris drawing out her pleasure.

“Oh, I see my goodies were definitely ready.”

It took her a few minutes to calm down.

“I love you baby,” she said when she was able to speak. “So tell me what I can do for you.”

“Let me just hold you for a few minutes before you go.  That’s enough for me,” he said as she sat up.  He wrapped his arms around her as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“Are you sure baby?” She found that interesting.  Devon had never turned down sex before.

“Yes. I missed you when you were gone. You know that. And I am so glad that you won’t be traveling like that anymore.  I don’t want us to be apart for extended periods of time again. I love you far more than you will ever know,” he said kissing the top of her head.

Roxy knew Devon loved her.  Maybe she was being a little unreasonable with the marriage issue.  But how long should she wait. She knew that if she waited too much longer her resentment would grow.  Then neither one of them would be happy. And it wasn’t fair to Devon to force him to do something he wasn’t ready for. She sighed and closed her eyes enjoying the feel of being held by her man.

 

Harmony could hear herself crying as she watched Chris stare at the door after Tucker left.  After a few seconds he turned around and walked back towards the bed.  She knew she looked broken as she lay there with tears streaking down her face as her chest rose and fell rapidly from trying to contain her emotions.  But as much as she tried, she couldn’t get control of herself. He sat on the bed next to her and pulled her into his arms.  She buried her face into his chest.

“Let go Dimples.  Don’t hold back,” he said. 

And then she began to sob. Tucker had used similar words with her last night as they made love.  She knew giving in to him so soon was a mistake.  They hadn’t really resolved anything from the past.  And from the way he had come in spewing venom, he still held a grudge.  Maybe he didn’t even really love her. Maybe she wasn’t worth loving. No, she would not go down that train of thought. It would only land her back into the throes of her addiction.  And she wouldn’t sink back there for any one.  Not even Tucker McCall.  Especially not Tucker McCall.

She pulled herself together and pushed off of Chris’ chest.

“I’m fine,” she said.

“No you are not.  It’s okay to be hurt.  It’s okay to cry. As long as we leave it at that and don’t try to numb ourselves with alcohol or drugs.  We’re fine,” he said smiling at her while rubbing his hand up and down her back.  She noted that it was very comforting but there was nothing at all sexual about it.

“So when you say we, I assume you mean me,” she said laughing.

“Okay. You then. What happened here?  It seems that Tucker thinks that you are pregnant. And not by him.”

“He assumes wrong. I am not pregnant.”

“Well, why does he think that?  Do you know?”

“I have no idea.  None. But you know what.  It doesn’t matter.  I guess he doesn’t really love me huh.”  And it was a horrible feeling.  She felt like her life had just been snatched away. Again.  But this time it was worse.  This time he had claimed to actually be in love with her before he walked away. 

“Why do you say that,” he asked confused.

“Look at the horrible things he said to me.  That’s not how you treat someone you love.” She hadn’t had much love in her life but she knew that was true. 

“Let me tell you something about men.  Only one who was deeply in love would expend that kind of energy. Which is the only reason that I didn’t follow him outside and commit murder.  See, who says that I am not sympathetic,” he said.

She laughed at that.  She knew he was trying to make her feel better.  And it was working.

“Why didn’t you tell him the truth?  Why listen to that garbage from him?”

“I guess I wanted to hear what he would say. See what he really thinks of me.”

“That’s not what he thinks of you.  He was clearly in pain.  And in true human form, he had to spread that pain around.  Here’s what I think.  You still feel guilty about him and Devon.  And you were punishing yourself.  It’s time to let that go, Dimples.  It’s over and done with.  You have suffered enough.“

She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.  He smiled as he continued to hold her and rub her back soothingly.  Chris was such a sweet guy.  In business he was ruthless, but with those he cared about he was really kind.  He may say things out of turn and call people on their crap, but he was also a guy you wanted in your corner. 

“I think you have him in a very tight grip. It couldn’t have happened to a worse bastard I suppose. I mean, you really couldn’t have chosen worse if you tried.  But it’s your choice and I respect it. The question is what do you want to do about it.”

“Do?  Nothing. Okay. So he loves me.  But look how easily he has walked away.  It’s what he did when I was pregnant.  I can’t deal with that again. He didn’t even ask me first.”

“Tucker has not walked away from you.  Even if he wanted to, I don’t think he is capable. Pregnant by someone else or not.  Trust me, he ain’t going anywhere.” 

Harmony had heard all Chris had said.  Deep down, she knew he was right. She did feel like Tucker loved her.  She just wasn’t willing to gamble her new life on him.  Because no matter what Tucker had said last night, his actions just now proved that he was still a gamble. However, she didn’t want this situation between them to affect his relationship with Devon.

“Chris, promise me you won’t tell Devon about what happened with Tucker.  I don’t want to come between them anymore.”

“Okay. He won’t find out from me.”

“Thank you. And please don’t tell Neil.”

“I will only tell Neil if I have too.”

Episode 12 by Diva58

Episode 12

Time: Next day, Morning

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Harmony lay in bed thinking about the things she had to do today.  Or better yet, the things that she should be doing if she hadn’t been forbidden to go back to work for the next couple of days.  She tried her best not to think about Tucker and the things he had said to her last night.  But no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t get him out of her head.  Her phone rang and she noticed Devon’s number before she answered it.

“Hi baby.”

“Mom.  How are you feeling?”

“Great.  I knew I should have gone to work today.” 

“I don’t think that was necessary.”

“I just started working there.  I can’t take days off like this.”

“Uhm, I am sure that Chris doesn’t mind.”

“All the more reason not to do it.” And she meant that.  She didn’t want other employees thinking that whatever success she had wasn’t earned.  She wanted to prove that she belonged there.

“Okay.  But just don’t overdo it and rush back to work when it’s not necessary.”

“I won’t. But have you heard from the doctor yet about your surgery.”

“I didn’t know I was supposed to hear from him.  This was all on you and Tucker. Remember?”

“Okay.  I’ll talk to Tucker about it.” She didn’t really want to talk to Tucker but she would do it for her son.  His future was at stake.

“I guess you two are getting closer?”

“Why do you say that?”  She hoped she had not given herself away too much.  The last thing she wanted was for people to expect her and Tucker to be together now.  Because when they realized that she and Tucker weren’t together, people would speculate on what went wrong.

“Just some things that I have noticed. “

“What things, “she asked curiously.

“How you are around him.  I can see that you have feelings for him. You know that I don’t really trust Tucker.  I just don’t.  But we had a conversation the other day about your past.  And I could tell that he has feelings for you.  If you want to be with him then I won’t give you are hard time. He had just better treat you with the respect you deserve.”

She knew that she should tell Devon that they were not together but then he might probe further.  And she refused to outright lie to her son.  Even for his relationship with Tucker.

“Thanks baby. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Location: Nate Winters Condo

Nathan knew that the board would probably meet in the next couple of week so he needed to contact Eve now to see if she would be willing to fly out for a couple of weeks to represent him.  It wasn’t customary to have representation at these hearing but he felt like he needed it.  A doctor was all he had ever wanted to be and he was not about to lose everything he had worked for over someone else’s mistake. He dialed her number.

“Hey baby doc,” she said as she answered the phone.  For some reason, she and the rest of his family insisted on calling him by that nickname.  Sometime it annoyed him but it never did coming from her.

“Hey there,” he said.

“Uh oh, I know that voice.  What’s going on?”

“Well, a patient died and I think that they are going to try to make it my fault when I did nothing wrong.”

“What happened?  Give me all the details,” he could hear the change in her voice.  She went from sweet, loving cousin to sharp take no prisoner’s lawyer on a dime.

“The gist is that the young man died of sepsis which he got from pneumonia. The diagnosis from pneumonia took a while to be made because his original chest x-rays didn’t show it.  They are saying that I didn’t order x-rays because they can’t find them in his charts.  But I did. I am a good doctor.  That was the first thing that I did.”

“I believe you.  Now we have to make sure that the board does too. I won’t gamble with your career.  I will just fly out there for the next couple of weeks. Make sure you don’t get railroaded for something you didn’t do.”

“Thanks.  Justin is here.  But he specializes in corporate law.  Not criminal or civil law.  And this has those implications.”

“Oh is he now,” she said.  Nate could hear the smile in her voice.  He knew that Justin and Eve always had a friendly rivalry.  It had been going since he was old enough to recognize it for what it was. 

“Yes.”

“Well this will be a fun trip,” she said laughing. I should be out by Wednesday.  I want to meet with the members of the board and be a part of the process.  Just to ensure it is fair.  I don’t want them to make an example out of you because of your mother.”

“Me either.  Thanks for doing this.”

“Of course.  I’ll let you know when I am scheduled to arrive.  I will even give you the honors of picking me up from the airport.  You’re such a lucky boy. Bye.”

“Bye,” he said smiling. 

 

Location: McCall Unlimited Offices

Tucker sat in his office staring at the ring he had bought for his Songbird. He held the box in his hand with the ring still inside.  It represented everything that he wanted. That he thought that he should have. He lay awake all last night thinking about her having another man’s child. It hurt.  But the more he thought about it, the less it hurt.  He had found somewhere between 4 and 5 am that he didn’t care.  He loved her. He still wanted her.  And he wanted this baby. One thing he had learned with Devon was that when it came to love and children, biology didn’t matter.  And this baby’s biology didn’t matter to him.  He would love him or her just as much as he loved his Songbird.  Just as much as he loved Devon.  He also thought about Anna. Another child that he had been cheated out of because she should have also been his.  The way he figured it was that he could hold onto his pride and let some other man swoop in and take his family again.  Or this time he could man up. Nothing was standing in his way. Except for Winters. But if his Songbird wanted him then Winters wouldn’t matter.  And Tucker was sure she still did.  When he had initially found out about her pregnancy, all kinds of thoughts went through his head.  But he knew her.  She wasn’t vindictive. She wasn’t liar.  And she wouldn’t have told him she wanted to be with him and that she loved him if it wasn’t true. He had seen the look in her eyes. The way her body responded to his. Those things couldn’t be faked.   But Winters would still need to be dealt with.  He had gotten his Songbird pregnant.  He had tried to steal Tucker’s life.  He would still need to be punished.

Tucker knew that the cousin Winters had ambitions higher than owning just Bell.  Eventually they would want to branch off. And they would probably use Bell as capital for a loan.  He located the number for the bank that held Bell’s assets from the file that they had accumulated when McCall was looking into purchasing it.  He dialed the president’s personal number.

“Tucker McCall, what can I do for you?”

“The question is what can I do for you?”  Because the previous owner was so family oriented, he always chose to deal with others that had the same mindset.  The bank was small and family owned. Very reputable and secure but still looking to grow.

“Okay.  So what can you do for me?”

“I can move half my personal assets to your bank.”

“I think that would be a good idea.  But why would you give us the management of over a billion dollars?”

The guy was smart, Tucker thought.  This made his decision to trust them with his fortune easier.

“Because I want a favor in return.”

“What kind of favor?”

“Bell Communications.  I am still looking to get into that market.  And I want part ownership.  If ever the owners take out a loan using the business as collateral.  Let me know.  Sell the debt to me.”

“Whether they default or not?”

“Glad you understand.”

“I think it is worth it,” the president said matter of factly.

Now these are the types of men that Tucker liked to deal with.  Sometimes integrity was over rated.  And sometimes it could be bought.  Even it had a price.  You just had to figure out what it was.

“I’ll have my lawyer contact you with the details within the hour,” Tucker said and hung up the phone.

He immediately called his lawyer and gave him the bankers contact information. As he hung up, Sophia walked in.

“Goodmorning Tucker,” she said without her usual smile.

“Wow, you seem sad. That’s not like you.  What’s up?”

“I left Neil.  I moved out this weekend,” she said glumly.

“Why.  I thought things were going well.”

“They were.”

“So why did you leave?”

“Because we are newlyweds, it should not be going that well.  I want more from a marriage than that.  There is just no passion there,” she said wistfully.

“I see.”

“Do you?”

“Yes I do.  Spare me the details okay,” Tucker said. He did not have the stomach to listen to stories about Sophia’s love life.  He’d like to think that Moses came from immaculate conception.

“Fine.”

“Soph, I won’t say that I am sorry.  I think you can do so much better.”  He never really liked Neil for her anyway. Besides, this would make his plan go smoother.  His right hand woman wouldn’t have divided loyalties and effected sensibilities.  

“But what about you.  I hear that you and Ashley are divorcing?”

“Correction. We are divorced.”

“What.  I thought that it was going well.  You seemed happy.  At least up until a few months ago when you got distracted.”

He knew she was referring to his Songbird coming to town.

“Well.  It was going well.  But she decided that I was not what she wanted. She would rather be with someone else.”

“Now Tucker.  I find that hard to believe. As long as I have known you, no woman has ever been able to walk away from you.  You have always been very smooth with the ladies.”

“Well it was brought to my attention that I wanted her to leave me.  That I wanted someone else in the spot she was occupying.”  And it had turned out to be true.  He smiled at the small amount of time it took him to buy an engagement ring.

“Oh my goodness Tucker,” she said rising and pacing the floor. “I can’t believe you.  After all this woman has done to deprive you and Devon of a relationship, you forgive her. You leave Ashley so that you can be with her.  Knowing that your already shaky reputation would take a hit. And the company along with it.”

Tucker couldn’t fault Sophia for overstepping. She had always been loyal to him and McCall.  Even as a little girl she had been this way.  He loved her like a daughter.  She protected him like he was her father.  He was grateful for her affections.  At times, she and his niece Callie were the only people he could trust.

“What happened in the past was not exactly all her fault.  I do share some of the blame,” he said.  “Besides, I love her.”

“You love her?  Just a few days ago, you loved Ashley. Forgive me if I find that questionable,” Sophia said softly.

“I know it seems unbelievable.  But I remember her now.  And I remember who she was to me.  What she meant to me.  I was stupid enough to walk away from her.  Now that she is back in my life, that won’t happen again.”

“There will be scandal.  You do know that right?”

“Yes, I am aware of it. But neither one of us is stranger to that.  Are we?”

She sat down and laughed. “No we are not,” she said. “Tucker, I am going to be honest with you. I don’t like the woman.  I don’t trust her.”

“You just need to get to know her. That’s all. And if things go according plan, you will have plenty of time to do just that.”

 

Location: Jabot Cosmetics Offices

This was Ashley’s first time back in the office since Rickey’s illness.  She had been working on a new Shampoo and Conditioner that she thought would be a great addition to their Tuvia line of products.  She just needed to discuss it with Jack and put the finishing touches on the formula. She decided to stop by Jack’s office to tell him about it.  When she arrived, his door was open.

“Jack,” she said walking in.

“Morning Ash.  It’s nice to see you back in the office.”

“It’s nice to be back.  I didn’t realize how much I missed being in my lab until I walked in the building.”

“When were you going to tell me about you and Tucker,” he asked abruptly.

“Well, it happened so fast.  With Paul losing Rickey, I hadn’t really had the time.”  And it was true.  She hadn’t really given him or Billy much thought.

“Imagine my surprise when you walk in Delia’s party hand and hand with Paul Williams. Not that I have anything against Paul, but Tucker was a good ally for Jabot.”

“Jack, Tucker doesn’t seem too broken up about us.  I doubt if he holds a grudge about it. He would have to really care for him to do that.  And I honestly don’t think he does.”

“He’s a man Ashley.  No man likes to be cuckolded by their wife.”

“Typical Jack.  All you think about is Jabot and the implications for Jabot.  What about my happiness?  Or does that not matter?” Jack had always been this way.  The only thing he had ever put ahead of Jabot was his vendetta against Victor Newman. 

“Of course you matter Ashley.  But I was just pointing out that-“

“I get it Jack.  Just let it go.  Tucker and I are done.  And I am happy.  Just be happy for me.”

“Fine.  But I just hope this doesn’t bite us in the ass.”

“Well, we have survived worse,” she said.  He knew she was referring to him losing the company. She didn’t have to clarify it.

She was getting side tracked.  She came to talk about her new products.

“Jack, I came to tell you about what I have been working on in the lab.”

“Go on,” he said as he walked around his desk and sat down.

“Well, I want to expand out Tuvia line. There is the new trend for African American women going natural.  Meaning no chemical straightening.  Our other products are still selling but the sales are down.  Not enough to discontinue the line.  But enough I think to warrant these new products.  I have been working on organic Shampoo and Conditioner.  I am almost finished with that.  But my coup is a styling cream. I think it will be a big seller.”

“Well, you know I am out of touch with the trends. I trust your judgment on this. It sounds good.  When do you think you will have it ready for roll out?”

“I am thinking maybe a month for the shampoo and conditioner.  The styling cream will take a little longer due to more testing needed.”  She wanted to make sure the styling cream worked properly before putting it on the market.  The other products would also need testing but they contained ingredients she was very familiar with and that they had used in other natural products.  So they required less intensive trials.

“Okay. We need to get on a marketing strategy.  Start getting a buzz on the product before the roll out date. “

“I had planned on talking to Abby about it today.”

“Okay. Let me know what you come up with,” Jack said.

Ashley was somewhat shocked that Jack was taking such a hands off approach to this.  It wasn’t like him.  But she wouldn’t push him.  He might decide to get more involved and that was the last thing she wanted.

“Okay. We’ll talk later.”

 

Location:  Newman Enterprises Offices

Adam had finally gotten back to work at Newman.  His siblings still didn’t like him very much but at least his dad respected him. Nick had decided that he would no longer stand in the way of him and Sharon being together. Although he didn’t support them either, not standing in the way was enough. 

Now Adam had an idea he wanted to run by the board to see if he could get it approved.  He thought that he would get Nick on board for support first.  He knocked on Nick’s door.

“Come in,” he heard Nick say.

Adam opened the door and walked in.

“Hey Nick. I have an idea I want to run by you.”

“What? You’re running an idea by me and not taking it to dad to score points. Shocking.”

“Well, I am a new man this year.  Life is good.”

“Hhmm.”

“So, I was thinking about expanding Safra line with organic products for the AA women who are going natural.  Apparently there is a trend with that.”

“How do you know this?”

“I read brother.  Something I am not even sure you know how to do.”

“I guess the new man didn’t last 2 minutes in my office.  He just couldn’t resist a dig.”

“That wasn’t a dig.  Just an observation.  Every female magazine catered to AA women has discussed this.”

“Since when did you become so interested in Black women that you would read magazines catering to them?”

“You gotta keep up with what’s hot to all women. Not just fiery red heads who lack a conscious and empathy.”

“Whatever.”

“So I want to take it to dad and to the board this week.  We need to jump on this as soon as possible.  Do I have your support?  Will you help me pitch this?”

“Well, you need to show me some numbers first.  Then I will let you know.”

“Why am I not surprised?  I should have known that you would use your vendetta to look past this huge opportunity.”

“It’s business.  I need facts and hard numbers before I make a decision.  Things must add up. One would think a Harvard grad would understand this.”

“What? GCU grads can add.  Learn something new every day.”

Adam realized he was getting nowhere with Nick, so he decided to take it to Victor on his own. He walked out the office without a backwards glance.

 

 Location:  Fenmore’s Offices

Roxanne sat her in her new corner office at peace with her decision to take the job at Fenmore’s.  When she arrived this morning everything was set up for her.  In processing with Human Resources had gone smoothly and when it was complete, she was shown here.  Her computer and phone were set up.  There was even a nameplate bearing her name and title on the door.  She was looking through a few files that had been left for her preparing for her morning meeting with Lauren, when she heard a knock on her door.  She looked up into Lauren’s smiling face.

“Morning Sweety,” Lauren said.

“Good morning,” she said standing.

“So how is your morning going?”

“It’s great.  Thank you again for the opportunity.”

“I think the company is lucky to have you.  I just want to talk to you a little about expectations.”

“Oh yes, thanks.   I was expecting that.”

“Okay.  Let’s sit down.”

“So, I am sure you are fully versed in this job considering what you have been doing.  However, I just want you to know that I am not a micromanager. I will allow you to do your job without any interference.  So which products we decide to sell, which one’s we don’t sell, product placement in the store, store advertising decisions all rest on you.  It’s your call.  And I trust you.”

“Thanks Lauren.  I appreciate the confidence.”

“Well, we are expecting big things from you, you know.”

“I will try to live up to that.”  And she would.  Roxy knew that most people would be intimidated by all the responsibility.  But she was looking forward to it.  She had the experience to do this job so there was no need for her to be nervous.

“So I will just get out of your way and let you get started.  You have all the files and contacts you need to get going,” Lauren said standing and walking towards the door. “So let me know if you need anything. Smooches.”

“Bye,” she said as Lauren turned the corner.

The first thing on Roxy’s agenda was to call a meeting with her staff.  There were only three people.  But she needed to touch base with them and introduce herself and find out the most pressing tasks.   She sent out and meeting notice for 1:30 pm to the list of people that she knew reported to her.  That would give her enough time to at least scan the files so that she could at least be familiar.

When she picked up the next file, her cell phone rang.  She looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Devon.

“Hey handsome,” she said as she answered the phone.

“Hey there.  How’s my gorgeous girlfriend.  Who just so happens to be this smart executive.”

“She’s great.”

“How’s the job so far?”

“It’s going well.  I just have a lot of catching up to do.”

“Okay. I won’t hold you then.  Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you.  As always. And I wanted to see if you were available to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate starting your new job.”

 “Oh you’re so sweet.  That would be great.”

“Okay.  At 6.”

“How’s your mom feeling this morning,” she asked.

“Great.  She wants to go back to work. Like now.”

“I think she should wait at least a week.” In Roxy’s opinion, there was no need for her to rush back to work. 

“See we are always in sync.  That’s what I said.” 

On everything except on getting married Roxy thought.

“But she said no,” she said out loud.

“Yep.”

Roxy wasn’t surprised.  She seemed just as strong willed as Devon. 

“But hey, I don’t want to keep you.  I’ll let you go,” he said. “See you later tonight. Love you.”

“I love you too. Bye.”

At that moment she received another knock on her door.  This time it was a delivery man carrying a vase of flowers. 

“Delivery for Roxanne Davis,” he said.

“Okay. Can you just put those down right here,” she said point at an end table in the corner of her office. He sat the flowers down, she tipped him, and he left.  The arrangement was a dozen long stemmed white Calla Lilies. She figured they were from Devon. She opened the card and read it out loud.

Call me if we are still on for lunch (555-1911)

Have a great first day

~Chance

Roxy smiled to herself as she picked up her cell and dialed his number. 

“This is Chance,” he said in a deep voice as he answered.

“Hey there man with the powerfully strong right hand.”

“Oh hey, how are you?”

“Great. Thanks for the flowers.  They’re beautiful.”

“No problem.  Every woman deserves flowers on her first day as an executive,” he said laughing.

“I like how you think Chance.”  As she said it, she found that it was really true.  Chance seemed to be a really great guy.  “So how is your day?”

“It’s totally different from the military. But that’s  a conversation for another time. So, are we still on for lunch?”

“Yes, 12 at Eve’s right?”

“Okay.  I will see you then. Bye.”

“Bye,” she said as she hung up the phone.

She sat down and once again began to read through files.

 

Location:  Bell Communications Offices

Bell had retained all their previous clients from before the sell.  Now Neil felt like it was time to expand WinterCorp.  And he knew just the area that they could excel.  So he sat in his office with Justin and Chris discussing his idea.

“So, let’s talk about the expansion of WinterCorp,” Neil said.

“Yes, let’s talk,” Chris said eagerly.

“Here’s my idea.  I am thinking a new media productions company.”

“Hhhm, I am not sure how that fits into our other line of business,” Justin said skeptically.

“Well, it doesn’t.  But I think that there is a market for it.  All of our current clients do TV and radio commercials and print adds.  I think we could leverage our relationships with them.  Besides, Justin’s connection with Spencer Publications would be an added bonus,” Neil said. 

“I have no doubt that it could work.   But I know that marketing is a dog eat dog business. It’s –“

“Oh no.  I am not suggesting we do marketing.  Just productions.  We let the marketing firms fight and compete with ideas.  We just produce whatever they come up with.  Besides, one of my closest friends is the president of one of the biggest firms in New York.  We could get all their business.  He has already agreed.”

“Well now that you put it like that,” Justin said with a smile.

Chris had remained silent while allowing him to talk it out with Justin.  He wondered about his thoughts.

“Chris,” Neil asked.

“Well, I think it is a good idea.  Especially when you have connections like those of yours in New York and Justin’s at Spencer Publications. But what about start-up capital and staffing,” Neil said.

“ I am thinking about putting up part of some of my part in Bell as collateral.”

“How much,” asked Chris.

“15%”

“Not bad,” Justin said.  “Even if things go sour, you will still be majority owner of Bell with 55%.”

“Yeah, but you do know that when we decided to buy Bell together that the documents I drafted stated that any decisions have to be unanimous between owners.  This is our company.  Not just mine,” Neil stated.

“Well, this means that we are possibly opening ourselves up,” Justin said.

“I think it is a no lose situation for us. We would be able to pay the loan back within a year’s time,” Neil said.

“Nothing wagered, nothing gained,” Chris said.

“Let’s do it. This is an informal meeting for Bell. We will call a formal meeting of the owners on Wednesday. We will have to do it that way for the bank after I secure the loan this afternoon,” said Neil.

“Let me make this clear. This new company will be a subsidiary of Wintercorp the same way as Bell.  Even if someone is able to get a hold of that 15% by some strange stroke of bad luck for us, they still wouldn’t own a part of any other company we start,” Justin said.

“Alright, let’s make it happen.  I think we need to put out a job requisition for a president of this new company.  And we need to come up with a name for it,” Chris said.

“I think I have just the man for the job,” Neil said. “I think this will be perfect for Devon.  He has a great business mind and he already works in production.  You should have seen how well he performed when he was interning at Newman Enterprises a few years ago.”

“I don’t know if he will want the job. He has this path set for his career and it doesn’t include working for his family’s media and production company.  I just think he wants to focus on being a music producer,” Justin said.

“But his little foxy is ready to get married,” Chris said.  “I am sure that will make him rethink his position.”

“I am not so sure.  He is stubborn like Dru. If he has to choose between his career and love…,” Justin said leaving the sentence hanging.  Neil knew that he was thinking of when Dru chose her career over being a housewife.  He still regretted putting her in a position to make the choice.  They had lost so many years because of it.

“He may be stubborn but I think he also loves deeply like Harmony.  And he clearly loves Roxanne.  I think he will be willing to make some concessions,” Chris said.

“Maybe.  If he turns it down then we will advertise.  By the way, Sherri tells me that we are expecting John Jacobs within the week.  I think the Arts Gala would be a good forum to introduce him and his wife to town.  I think the company should secure his ticket.”

“Great idea,” Chris said.

 

Location: Law Offices of Whitcomb and White in New York

Eve was in her office at Whitcomb and White trying to figure out what to do about her cases so that she could make the trip to Genoa City. She was the best attorney in the firm so she only had a few high profile cases on her desk.  She decided to run it by the partners at the staff meeting coming up five minutes from now.  She stood and walked to the conference room across the hall. She took her customary seat at the immediate left  of Whitcomb’s chair at the head of the table.  Each partner sat at each end.  Her seat was at the end farthest from the door.  As each lawyer came in, she smiled as she always did at her being the only woman.  There was another black man but besides that, everyone else was a white male. 

White stood as the meeting began.

“So, are there any new issues that we need to discuss?”

This was her opportunity. “Yes,” she said.  “I need to go out of town unexpectedly for a family emergency.  For at least a month.  Someone will probably need to take over my cases.”

“That’s not possible at this time. Request denied,” said Whitcomb.

“Oh, I am sorry. That was not a request. I am needed elsewhere.”

“You are needed here Eve. Have you forgotten the motto here: Clients before all else. This is non-negotiable,” he responded.

Eve was taken aback. She had worked for this firm for 13 years. And not once had she needed to take time off. A month sabbatical should not be that big of a request.

“I am firmly aware of the motto. I made it my mantra over the past 13 years. Which is how I helped build this firm’s reputation.  And why I am always requested by the clients who patronize us.”

“So then, why are we even having this conversation,” he asked abruptly.

“This can’t be helped.”

“Everything can be helped.  It’s what we do here,” he said.  “We help people.  There are clients counting on you.”

At that moment, Eve knew that it was time to move on from this firm.  They seemed to not be able to spare her but had promoted others who had lesser win percentages and had a lesser case load.  She was tired of fighting the sexism and racism.  She had always thought that if she worked hard and was good at her job, then it would be valued.  She would be valued. She had finally realized that this was not the case.  This firm would use her.  But not reward her.  She stood up and walked towards the door. When she reached it she turned around to face the room.

“Consider my exit as a resignation.  It is non-negotiable.”

She went to her office and packed her family pictures, awards, and degrees and walked out the door.

 

Location: McCall Unlimited Offices

James was still curious about the mystery woman that he had met at Delia’s birthday party.  He figured Tucker would know her since she seemed to be on such unfriendly terms with his mother.  He knocked on Tucker’s door.

“Enter,” he heard Tucker say.

He walked in to see Tucker closing what looked to be a ring box and placing it in a drawer.  He knew exactly what it was but if Tucker didn’t bring it up then he wouldn’t either. Obviously, he wasn’t ready to share.  Maybe he was still trying to work things out in his head. James figured he’d just help him along by being his sounding board.

“So, you and Harmony seemed to be on very good terms this weekend. Both of you looked ready to explode.  And I mean in a good way.  You must have been making progress.”

“You could say that,” Tucker said with a gleam in his eyes.

“Oh ho. So it finally happened huh.  You finally got over those moral hurdles and went after what you wanted. How was it?”

“Hey. Gentlemen do not kiss and tell,” Tucker said with a chuckle.

“From my experiences, that’s all that gentleman ever do.  Sometimes they tell and haven’t even kissed.” Sad to say, but James had known quite a few men that liked to lie about their sexual exploits.

“True. Well, I will say this.  I have never tasted anything or anyone that delicious,” Tucker said closing his eyes and shaking his head.

“Ha,” James said smiling.  “Good for you son.  Good for you. Well, that brings me to someone I thought looked delicious this weekend.  But she refused to tell me her name.  I figured you would know it.”

“Yeah, I know her name very well,” Tucker said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

James knew what that meant.  Tucker more than likely had slept with this woman.  He loved his younger friend but he hated when his sexual promiscuity stepped on his toes.

“Don’t tell me.  You slept with her.”

“Why? Are you interested?”

“Well I was.  But I have no desire to share in your left overs.”

“It wasn’t like that. She’s a good woman. Just wasn’t for me. I think you should go for it. You would hit it off.”

“What’s her name?”

“Jill Fenmore.  She lives at my mother’s house.  They have this sordid, convoluted history.  I will leave her tell you about it.”

“Thanks. So back to business.  What are we going to do about losing Bell?”

“I think that we may be getting Bell soon,” Tucker said with a smile.

“Are those Winters cousins willing to sell it now?”

“No, but their banker is willing.  I just placed a call to him. Told him that I would buy it if they ever used it as collateral for a loan.  He agreed,” Tucker said bitterly.

James knew that Tucker was still smarting from losing Bell. But the tone of his voice suggested something deeper than just losing out in a business deal.

“Tucker, I thought that we agreed this weekend that if you wanted things to work out with Ms Delicious, not to mention forging a relationship with your son, you needed to walk away from Bell.  Because neither one of them will appreciate your underhanded tactics against the cousin Winters.”

“Oh, I think that they both will totally understand why I feel the need to teach Winters a lesson.”

“Did something happen recently?”

“It’s not important,” Tucker said slowly shaking his head.

James knew when Tucker had made up his mind.  And this was one of those times.  So he decided discussing it further would be a waste of energy.  Besides, he would eventually find out what happened.  Tucker and Harmony seemed to be a recent favorite of this local blogger of this gossip magazine.

“Well, I will leave it alone. What was this banker’s price?”

“Management of half my fortune,” Tucker said shrugging.

Now James knew something was up.  That bank was reputable and solid.  Very old institution but still small time for someone with Tucker’s wealth.  He must want Bell bad if he would give them a billion dollars of his assets. Which meant that this was personal.   James pitied anyone whom Tucker had such a grudge with.  Those in the past never fared well.

 

Location: Jabot Cosmetics Offices

Abby walked into Jabot feeling really good about her future.  She had spent time this weekend with Devon.  And without Roxy.  This seldom happened when Roxy was in town.  Devon hadn’t said anything but she knew that they must be having problems. She would just continue to bide her time.  One day, she knew that Devon would see that she was better for him than Roxy. 

She decided to go see if her mom was in this morning. She had not come to work since Rickey collapsed.  She opened the door to her mother’s lab and found her working.

“Mom, you’re back to work.”

“Yes.  And I happy to be her.  I am glad that you stopped by.  I wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Okay.  What’s going on.”

“I have a new product that I want to roll out. It’s an extension of our Tuvia line.  I have been working on it for a while.  It is for those AA women who have stopped straightening their hair.  I have a Shampoo and Conditioner about ready to go.  But my major product is a styling cream,”  Ashley said excitedly.

“Sounds exciting mom.  And I can see you are very proud of it.”

“I am.  As our new head of marketing, you will need to prepare a marketing strategy and get some buzz going before the roll out.”

“Okay.  I am on it.  But I will need to hire someone.  Just in case you haven’t noticed, I won’t be using those products.  I am going to need some help with this.”

“Already got it covered. I was thinking of Lily to assist you in Marketing and as the spokes model.  She has worked for us before. So she knows the job.  Besides, this line was Dru’s baby. It only exists today because of her ideas.  Hiring Lily pays homage to that.  It’s a way to honor Dru and her contributions to Jabot.  Besides, we can play that up in our campaign.  What do you think?”

“Mom, I think you are a genius,” Abby said.  The ideas were phenomenal.  Especially the part about hiring Lily.  It would also score her more points with Devon.

“I will get on it right now. Later,” she said walking out the door. 

Once outside in the hallway she dialed Devon’s number.

“Abbs,” he said as he answered the phone.

“Hey Devon.  I need to talk to you about something.  Can you meet me for lunch.”

“Sure.  What about Eve’s?  I could use a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.” 

“Okay,” Abby said laughing.  She found his craving for ham and cheese sandwiches endearing.

 

Location:  Newman Enterprises Offices

Victor Newman looked up from reading a contract when he heard a knock on his door. 

“Come in,” he said.

His son Adam walked in.  He had decided to let Adam come back to work at Newman.  He had built this company for his family.  He wanted all his kids to work there.  He didn’t trust Adam all that much but he was still his son. And he loved him.

“Adam, how are you adjusting to being back?”

“It’s great.   Been looking over some data and trends to come up with new ideas.”

“Good.  So what have you come up with?”

“I want to add some new products to Safra.”

“Go on.”  This sounded interesting.

“Well, the trends for AA women show that many of them have stopped straightening their hair.  So there is a market for products catering to that.  I am thinking organic Shampoo and Conditioner.  Styling cream and maybe a holding spray.”

“Hmmm.  Sounds interesting.  But you know we don’t have a full time chemist.  We would need to hire someone to create these products.  That might take a while.”

“I am no chemist but if we hire someone who has lots of experience, I am sure it wouldn’t take that long.”

“Hhhmmm, I know a guy.  He used to work for Safra when it was Satine.  His name is Damon Porter. “

Victor scrolled through his rolodex and found Damon Porter’s card.  He pulled it out and handed it to Adam.

“Call him and see what he says. Get back to me.”

“I will sir,” Adam said as she walked towards the door.

“Good work.”

 

Location:  Bell Communications Offices

Neil was content with how things had gone with Chris and Justin.  He didn’t really expect much opposition and he was happy that he didn’t get any.  He wasn’t at all worried about getting the loan from the bank.  It wasn’t very large but it was reputable.  The institution didn’t really have many large accounts.  He was sure that Bell was one of the largest.  He dialed the banks president.

“Hello Mr Winters,” the president said.  Neil wasn’t surprised that he knew his name and number.

“Hello.  How are you,” he asked.

“Great.  Tell me what I can do for you today.”

“Well, I need to take out a loan.  We are attempting to expand into a new area here.  I am prepared to use 15% of Bell’s assets as collateral.”

“Done.  I will fax over the papers as soon as possible.  Sign them and send them back.”

“Okay.  Just so you know, we will have an owner’s meeting every Wednesday afternoon.  Feel free to send over a delegate if you choose,” Neil said.  He didn’t actually think that the bank would but he wanted to give them confidence in the company and that they were not a risky loan.

“I don’t think that will be necessary. Look for those papers within the hour.”

“Great. I will have my contracts guy look them over, sign them, and send them back.”

“Look forward to hearing back from you. Bye.”

“Bye.”

 

Time: Noon

Location: Eve’s Bistro

Roxy had decided to walk over to Eve’s for her lunch with Chance.  Although it was cold outside, the sun was shining and she felt energized.  It was only two blocks and she used the time to think. 

She walked into Eve’s and immediately spotted Chance sitting at a table.  She walked over and he stood.

“Hi,” she said as she began to take off her coat.

“Hey,” he said taking it from her shoulders and draping it over the back of another chair.

“Thanks,” she said as he pulled her chair for her to sit down.

“So,” he said looking at the menu. “What are you going to have?”

“A cobb salad.”

“A salad.  Come on.  You can’t survive off that bird food,” he said smiling.

“Well, what should I have then,” she asked smiling back.

“Steak and potatoes.”

“What? No.  I would be way too sluggish.  Probably would fall asleep at my desk.”

“Well, if your job is as boring as mine then I don’t doubt it,” he said widening his eyes as he signaled the waitress.

After the waitress took their orders and left, he turned back to her with a smile.

“So honestly, how is it going?”

“It’s going pretty good.  Lauren has given me a lot of responsibility.  I like that.  It makes me feel like my work matters.  You?”

“Well, my grandma is a real micromanager.  But I knew that before I took the job,” he said laughing. “But I do worry that I may not be taking serious by subordinates.”

“Why,” she asked.

“Well, when your name is the one on the building and all letterheads, I think that people have a tendency to question whether you deserve your job. Or whether you are there because you have the right name,” he said thoughtfully.

“Hhhmm, never had that problem,” she said jokingly to lighten the conversation.   He smiled in return.  “But seriously. You can’t worry about that.  Just work hard and do your job to the best of your abilities then everyone will see that.  If you are always prepared and thorough, confident, make commitments and deliver on those, people will respect you.  Even more so because your name is on the stationary,” she said with a smile.

“Thanks,” he said. “Were you born this way or did you develop this skill over time?”

“What do you mean?”

“The ability to put people at ease and make them feel better.  Instill confidence. “

“Is that what I am doing,” she said laughing.  Roxy was having a great time with Chance. 

“Yes. Beautiful and friendly.  A girl after my own heart.”

Roxy wondered if Chance was flirting with her.  She knew that he was aware that she had a boyfriend.  But she felt the need to remind him.

“Are you flirting with me?”

“Yes, is it working,” he said raising his eyebrows repeatedly.

“Yes it is,” she said honestly.  “But you are aware that I have a boyfriend.”

He reached across the table and picked up her hand. “But you are not married.  I don’t see any rings on this slender finger.”

Why did Chance have to bring that up, she thought.  She had managed to go a full 20 minutes without thinking about marriage and the issue between her and Devon.

“No,” she said sadly. “No rings.”

“But I see that you want there to be.”

“What makes you say that?”

“You seemed so sad just now.  What is the problem?”

Roxy didn’t like telling strangers about her problems but Chance was so likable and friendly.  She felt like she knew him already.

“Devon says he is not ready.”

“Not ready?”

“Yeah, he has this laundry list of things he feels he has to have completed before he gets married.”

“And he wants you to wait.”

“He didn’t say that but I assume he does.”

“Hhmm,” he said thoughtfully.

“Okay.  Just say it.”  It’s not like she hadn’t already heard it all from her sister anyway.

“Well, let me just say that you have so much going for you.  Beautiful, funny, smart, and friendly.  Did I say beautiful? You can have any guy you want. You don’t have to sit around and wait on someone to make up his mind about whether he is ready to move forward with your relationship. There are guys out there who are willing to give you what you want right now.”

She smiled at Chance. There was nothing for her to say. She knew he was right.  She didn’t have to wait around.  Maybe it was time for her and Devon to see other people.  She wanted to marry him but she was about tired of waiting.  At that moment the waitress brought their food.

 

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Nikki sat with Lily having lunch and discussing her tasks for the upcoming Gala. 

“So Lily, here is the list of vendors I need you contact,” she said handing Lily the folder. “Just check with them one last time to make sure that they are up to speed.  A sanity check.”

“Okay.  I will get right on it,” Lily said. 

Nikki had every confidence that she would.

“I know you will.”

“So tell me.  Have you given any thought to what you want to do now?”

In Nikki’s opinion, Lily had been throwing herself away the last few years on Cane.  He seemed to just have been a born liar and was not going to change.  Nikki knew better than anyone what it was like to waste your life away on a man that would never learn and would never change.  She loved Victor but she had accepted his flaws and learned to live with them.  But there was a price to be paid for that.  One she didn’t want to see any other young woman pay.  Maybe that is why she felt an affinity to Lily and wanted to see her happy.

“Well I think I am going to go back to school this semester and finish my degree. “

“That’s a great start honey.”

“And I always wanted to be a jewelry designer.  I think I might resurrect the hobby.”

“I have an idea.  If you think you can have a few pieces done by the weekend.  We can do a silent auction at the gala.  I think that would be fun.”

“Wow.  I don’t know what to say.  School doesn’t start until next week so I will have the time,” Lily said excitedly.

By the way, the night of the event, we both will need to arrive at least 4 hours early.”

At that moment, Nikki noticed Lily’s face light up as she looked past her shoulder towards the door. She turned to see what had caught her interest.  I turned out to be a very handsome young man who was waving in their direction.

“I will provide a suite for us to get dressed because we won’t have time to go home and change.  I hope your date doesn’t object.”

“Date?  I don’t have a date,” Lily said looking back at her.

“I think you should rectify that.”

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Neil knocked on Harmony’s bedroom door.  He hoped she wasn’t sleeping. He would have known if he had called first.  But he didn’t call because he didn’t want her to tell him it wasn’t necessary to come.   He had noticed that she was like that.  She was always willing to do things for other people, but had a hard time accepting praise or help for herself.

“Come in,” she said.

He walked in to find her curled up in a chair watching TV.

“Hey,” he said.

“Neil.  Hi. Sit down,” she said gesturing towards the couch. “This is an unexpected surprise.”

“I brought you some lunch,” he said sitting the bag down on the coffee table.

“Oh.  That’s so sweet.  Thank you.  But totally unnecessary.  I know that you are probably really busy,” she said smiling.

“Not too busy to take care of you. We did miss you at work today.  But I want you to take off the rest of the week.”

“No, I don’t think that is necessary.  I am totally bored here. I have never watched so much reality TV in my life.  And it has only been half a day.  No.  I will be back on Wednesday.” 

“If you insist.  But there is no rea-“

“I insist,” she interrupted. “I love my job.”

“Well you are good at it.  So has there been any news on Devon’s surgery.”

“No, I haven’t heard anything from Tucker about it.” 

Neil thought that was odd.  He half expected Tucker to be camped out at her door after the things he had said this weekend in this very room.  “You haven’t spoken to Tucker today?” he questioned.

“No,” she said with a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

“Tell me. Did something happen between you too?”

“Nothing important.”

So something did happen. She just didn’t want to share.  He would respect that and not push her.

“Well just know that I am a good listener if you need one. “

“Thanks. I will take you up on that some time.”

“So have you spoken to Anna lately?”

“Yes, she called me this morning to check on me.  Someone told her that I had been in the hospital,” she said smiling at him.  “And I think that someone’s name was Neil.”

“Well, I felt like she needed to know. Besides, I talk to her at least once a week.  She asks about you every time. I know she told you that she wasn’t ready for a relationship but I think that she is.  You should start attempting to communicate with her regularly.  See where it goes.”

“Thanks Neil.  I will.  You know, you have been so nice to me.  I really appreciate how you have treated me with respect after what I did the last time I was in town.”

“Everyone deserves second chances.  And if your name is Neil, you might need a third, a fourth, and fifth chance before you get it right,” he said laughing.

“What?  Are you telling me that Neil Winters is not perfect? Did you feel that? The world just stopped rotating,” she said laughing. 

He liked her laugh.   He hadn’t heard it often.   He suspected that she hadn’t had a chance to use it often. “You know you should laugh more often.  It’s good for your soul.”

“I haven’t had all that much to laugh about.  But with this news about Anna, I think that might be changing.”

 

 

 

Location: Eve’s Bistro

Devon  walked into Eve’s and scanned the dining room looking for Abby.  He wasn’t surprised that he didn’t see her being that she was always late.  But his heart skipped a beat when he saw Roxy sitting at a table laughing at Chance who seemed to be telling some animated story.  He knew that Chance was interested in her by the way he had acted all possessive at Delia’s birthday party.  He took a minute to gather himself before he walked over.  He didn’t want come across as a jealous fool. 

As he approached, Roxy looked up and noticed him.  She smiled broadly.

“Hey Foxy,” he said bending down and kissing her on the cheek in greeting. 

“Chance,” he said smiling and holding out his hand for a handshake.

“Hamilton,” Chance said shaking his hand.

“Winters,” Devon corrected. “The name is Winters and has been for the last 5 years.”

“I stand corrected,” Chance said shrugging. 

Devon couldn’t believe it.  The guy was challenging him for no reason.  Chance seemed to have an issue with him and he didn’t know why.  It could have something to do with Kay and him keeping his distance.  But his gut was telling him it was because of Roxanne.

“So, how was your lunch sweetheart?”

“Great,” she said looking at her watch and pushing back from the table to stand up. Devon pulled her chair out for her as she stood.  “But I have a meeting in 30 minutes so I should head back.”

“Did you walk,” he asked.   He hoped that she didn’t ride with Chance.

“I did.”

“Okay, I will walk you back.”

“Thanks,” she said kissing him softly on the lips then wiping the lipstick off with her thumb. “But first let me go to the ladies room.  I will be right back,” she said walking off. 

He and Chance both watched her walk away.  When she turned the corner, he turned back to Chance and said calmly, “What’s your problem?”

Chance stood and said, “the question is what’s your problem?”

“What does that mean?  You’re the one acting like my girl is your girl.”

“Your girl?  I don’t see any rings on her finger.”

“Keep looking. You’d be shocked at what you’ll see. And soon.” And it had nothing to do with the feelings of jealousy that he was experiencing right now.  He had decided yesterday at the hospital that he would propose to Roxy within the week.  And after he had made the choice he felt lighter.  Now he was excited about it.  He hadn’t said anything to her because he wanted the proposal to be a surprise.

“I hope it isn’t too late for you, bro?” 

Devon wondered what that meant.  He hoped Roxanne hadn’t been telling this self-righteous prick their business.

“Too late for me?  I think it is too late for you.   About 3 years,” Devon said calmly.  He would not give Chance the satisfaction of knowing that he was upset.

“Well it isn’t too late until the vows are said.”

“I don’t even get where this is coming from.  You don’t even know Roxy.  You just met her a couple of days ago.”

“I like what I see.  And I think she likes me too. I know one thing.  She’s tired of waiting on you.  I think she is about ready for something new.  Something different. I think she might be curious.”

Was that a sexual reference, Devon asked himself.  Just in case it was, he wanted to let Chance know. “Let me tell you something, Phillip.  Just in case you didn’t know.  I have been her one and only.  And I plan on staying her one and only.”

This guy was delusional if he thought he had a chance at sleeping with Roxy.  She was not that type of woman and never had been.  If he knew her then he would know that. But he would let him find that out on his own.  So Devon just smiled at him and picked up Roxanne’s coat and headed in the direction of the bathroom.  He took out his phone and texted Abby to let her know that he wouldn’t be able to meet her.

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

After Lily finished up with Nikki she headed to the bar to talk to Trevor.  Every time she saw him he became more handsome.  She also had not forgotten the feelings that he had elicited from her at the park.  They were totally inappropriate but felt so good.  She had not been with anyone since Cane died.  She admitted that was one of the best parts of being married.  All the bedroom fun and no guilt.  Apparently, the celibacy she was living under was starting to wear on her.

She walked up beside him at the bar.

“Hey,” she said as she leaned in towards him

He looked towards her, stood, and smiled as he said in a deep voice, “Hey my beautiful damsel. How are you?”

“Great.  You,” she asked looking up into his face.

“Hhhm. Not so great.  I have been staring at my phone for days willing it to ring. Someone was supposed to call me,” he said jokingly raising his eyebrows at her.

She knew that he meant her.

“Well, I hadn’t really needed that extra pair of hands just yet,” she said smiling back. And she hadn’t.  She had thought to call him for Delia’s party.  But when Devon volunteered to take her and the kids and much of her family being there, it really wasn’t a need for him.

“Lily,” he said seriously looking at her.  “Although I would love to spend more time with the kids, they don’t have to be the only reason we see each other.”

She had been out of the practice of dating for some time.  So it was taking her a while to get back into picking up on signals.

“I see,” she said looking down.   She hoped he wasn’t angry with her for not calling.

“Good,” he said.  She felt his hand cup her face and she felt that familiar tingle in her body.  The same one she had felt in the park. He rubbed her cheek with his thumb then ran it down her jawline to lift her face up to his.  She looked in his eyes.  “I am not going to subject myself to waiting anymore.  I promised myself that when I saw you again, I would ask for your number. So please put me out of my misery. May I have your number,” he asked smiling.

His closeness and the feel of his hand on her cheek had her spellbound.  She wanted to respond but she couldn’t.  Her reply seemed to be stuck in her throat. 

“Lily, stop looking at me like that or else I might just forget myself and give in to the temptation of kissing you in this crowded room.”

“That wouldn’t be such a bad thing,” she thought to herself. But then she heard him sigh and knew she had said it aloud.

“Oh,” he said huskily as he lifted his hand to rub his thumb across her lower lip. “A temptress too.”

“Oh, did I say that out loud,” Lily said shakily.   “I’m sorry.” 

“Yes, you did say it out loud,” he said lowering his head closer to hers.  Her heart beat faster in anticipation of a kiss. “I would –“

“Sir, your food is ready,” the bartender interrupted him.

Trevor removed his hand from Lily’s face and straightened up.  He squinted his eyes at her in wonder before looking towards the bartender.  “Thanks,” he said reaching for the bag.

Lily was disappointed.  She hadn’t realized how bad she wanted the feel of his kiss until she was denied it. 

“Lily, I have to get back to work.  Can I call you later?”

“Yes.”

“Okay.  I will call you,” he said as he walked off with his bag. 

She watched him walk away. When he reached the door, he turned around to look at her.  He smiled and left.

Lily sat down at the bar and fanned herself with her hand.   The bartender sat a glass of ice water in front of her without request.  She looked at him and noticed his sly smile.  She felt herself blush. 

 

 

Time: Afternoon                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Location: McCall Unlimited Offices

Tucker sat in his office looking at the ring he had bought his Songbird when his phone rang.  He looked at the Caller ID and it was the president of the bank that he had spoken to earlier.

“Hello, I didn’t expect this call so soon.”

“Honestly, I didn’t expect to make it at all when we struck our deal. I actually didn’t think that they would use the company as collateral. But it seems you were right.  They have taken out a loan using 15% of its assets“

“Well this is good news,” Tucker said.  It seems he had read the cousins right.

“I will fax the papers over later.”

“And I look forward to receiving them.”

“One more thing,” the banker said.  “There is an owners meeting every Wednesday afternoon at 2 pm.”

“Thanks for the information.”

“Congratulations sir.”

Tucker hung up the phone and smiled.  He would have Bell Communications, his Songbird, and his family.  And that included this new baby.

 

Location: Newman Enterprises Offices

Adam sat at his desk at Newman excited about his new idea.  Granted he had help with it but no one needed to know about that.  He picked up his phone and dialed the number on the card that his father had given him.

“Hello,” he heard a deep voice say.

“Hello.  May I speak with Damon Porter.”

“Speaking.”

“Damon. Hello. This is Adam Newman from Newman Enterprises. I was wondering whether you would be interested in coming to work for us here.”

“What do you have going on at Newman that would require my services Adam?”

“We are looking to expand our Safra product line. We know there is a new trend with AA women who have stopped straightening their hair.  We want to develop some products catering to that.” 

“Hhmm.  Interesting .  I am not really in a position to move right now.  However, I do have someone that I think would be interested.  She is a recent graduate but she is a really good.  She developed the types of products that you are looking to create as part of her research for her doctoral research.  It’s one of the reasons that I hired her.  But the company has decided not to pursue that line of business.”

“Oh.  I see. Do you think that she would be interested?”

“I think so.  She has a special bond with these products and would be happy to get them out in the market.”

“What’s her name?”

“Tyra Hamilton.”

“Tyra Hamilton? Tell me.  Why are you so eager to get rid of her if she is such great talent?”

“I don’t want to hold her back.  She has great products that I think should be on the market.  She has worked hard to get where she is. She deserves to have some pay off.”

“Alright.  Fair enough. What’s her contact?  I will give her a call and see if she’s interested.  A glowing recommendation from you is worth 20 years of experience.”

Adam wrote down the information that Damon provided.

“Thanks Damon.”

“I hope it works out.”

 

 

Location: Jabot Cosmetics Offices

Jack sat at his desk reading over the latest sales report.  But he couldn’t get into it. His mind kept going to Olivia.  He had planned to just show up at her home to eliminate her saying no to their date.  He knew how she operated.  If he gave her half the chance, she would probably back out on him.  But now, he just wanted to hear her voice.  He decided to call.

“Hello,” she said when she answered the phone.

“Hey beautiful.”

“Jack.  How are you?”

Jack smiled at the pleasure he heard in her voice.  He hoped he was the reason for it.

“Better. Now that I am speaking with you. How is your day?”

“It’s okay.”  She said laughing. “Jack, your flirting never gets old.  You know that?”

“I would hope not.  So are we still on for dinner tonight?”

“Sure.  But I will be on call though.”

“No. The hospital is just going to have to do without its’ Chief of Staff tonight.  She’s mine.”   After Jack had called her his, he realized he liked the idea more than he thought he would. 

“Sorry.  Some things just can’t be helped.”

“We’ll see about that.”

“Okay. So where are we going?”

“Not sure.  Shall I pick you up?”

“No.  I told you that I am on call. I’ll have to meet you.”

“Okay.  Just meet me at home and we will decide.”

“Okay Jack.  See you later. Bye.”

“Bye.”

 

 

Location: McCall Unlimited Offices

Sophia sat at her desk reading through research on other Communications companies trying to figure out which one would be a good replacement for Bell.  She was still surprised that Neil had bought them company from under them but she was no longer upset about it.  It was time for McCall Unlimited to cut its’ losses and move on.  Much the same way she had in her personal life.

She heard a knock on her door and looked up to see the delivery man.  

“Yes,” she said smiling.

“I have a delivery for Sophia Winters.”

“That’s me,” she said rising to meet him.

“Can you sign here,” he asked holding out the clipboard. 

She signed and he gave her the package.

“Thanks ma’am,” he said and left.

When he left Sophia opened the packaged and noticed that it was the DNA test that she had ordered.  Her stomach began to hurt.  She was still apprehensive about knowing the truth.  But Victoria was right.  Moses deserved to know the truth.   She would go home tonight and prepare it and send it off with tomorrow mornings mail.

 

Time: Evening

 Location:  Cold Winter Records

Nate was at Devon’s studio listening to his latest song. 

“So, I spoke to Eve and she is going to come,” he told Devon.

“That’s good.  But I still don’t think you will need her.  You didn’t do anything wrong. “

“I wish I had your confidence.”

“Well, I will have enough for us both.”

“How’s things with Roxy? “ Nate still didn’t understand Devon’s reluctance to make it official.

“Still Good.  But I caught her having lunch with Phillip Chancellor IV today,” Devon said.  Nate could hear the disdain in his voice.

“Caught?  What was she doing?”  He couldn’t believe that Roxy would cheat on Devon.

“Nothing inappropriate.  Just talking and eating.”

“So why do you use the term caught?”

“Because he made it clear that he wants her.”

“I told you th-“

“Yeah.  I know. I know.  But I have news.  I have decided that it is time. “

“What happened?  Just a few days ago you were not ready.”

“Well, my mom going into the hospital was a wake up call. When I thought I could lose her I was reminded that life is fleeting .  Why wait to have the life I want.  I can have it now.  And the only life that I really can’t live without is one with Roxy.  I love her.  I couldn’t imagine having a child whose mother is not her,” Devon said. 

“Well, I am happy for you.  Now, do me a favor.  Call Roxy to come by here and bring Tamara.”  And he was happy for Devon.  It was about time he woke up before he lost her.  But he had his own love life to think about.

“Hey. I am not your wing man.  And neither is Roxy.  Besides, if you want to see Tammy you should have gone upstairs to Restless Style.”

“What?  Her job is at Restless Style.  I have been sitting here for hours and Tamara has been right upstairs.”

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t you tell me,” Nate said rising and heading towards the door.

“I’m sorry. I thought you knew,” he heard Devon say as he closed the door.

Nate went directly to the elevator and went up to Restless Styles office space.  He got off the elevator but didn’t see Tamara anywhere.  But he did see Billy Abbot, someone he had never liked, head his way. 

“Nate Winters, what brings you up here?”

“I am looking for Tamara.”

“Oh, looking for Tamara. I wonder why.  Isn’t she too much woman for you,” Billy smirked.

Nate considered himself a civilized man.  He wasn’t a fist fighter but Malcolm Winters was his father so he knew how. And he would of he had too.  But he liked to hit people where it really hurt.

“You mean like how Chloe was too much woman for you?” Nate knew that Billy thought that his divorce from Chloe was his decision and that he could have her if he wanted.   But he knew better.  Billy was scared. He had seen men like that many times.  On the outside they appeared to be so self-assured.  But on the inside they were worried that they didn’t have what it took.  And Chloe was very intimidating.  Kinda like Tammy in that way.  It was probably why they were such good friends. 

“Whatever Nathan.  Here’s the difference between us.  I have had Chloe. But I don’t think that you are anywhere near having Tammy.”

“But look at where you are now,” Nate said said calmly.

He noticed Billy’s face drop before he recovered.

“And look at where you are,” Billy countered.

“Where am I?”

“Unemployed we hear. But don’t worry.  We won’t print it just yet,” Billy said with a smile.

“Don’t push me Billy.  And don’t think I am not aware of nor care about your little love fest with my family in your paper.  You’ll pay for that.”

“Oh, I am so afraid,” Billy said in mock fear.

“You should be,” he said seriously.  Before he could explain to Billy why, he heard a familiar sexy feminine voice.

“Nathan,” Tammy said and walked briskly towards him. Both he and Billy watched her approach.

Right before she reached him he opened his arms and enveloped her in their usual hug.

“Mmmm,” he said as they hugged with his arms around her waist and hers around his neck. As they parted, she rested her hands on his shoulder for a second as she leaned up and kissed him on the corner of his mouth. “Hey beautiful,”  he said as she pulled away.

“Are you looking for me Nathan,” she said mischievously.

“How’d you know,” he asked.

“Lucky guess,” she said laughing.

He heard Billy snicker.  It was the same sound that Devon had given at the church.  He didn’t know what about his interactions with this woman that other people found so funny.

 “I actually wanted to take you out to dinner tonight.”

“Oh, I can’t.  We will be here all night putting the magazine to bed,” she said.

Tammy also heard that snicker.  She looked at Billy and rolled her eyes.

“But what about tomorrow night,” she said. “If you are free.”

“I’ll make myself free,” he said smiling. And he would  but he didn’t have too.  He had absolutely nothing going on.

“I figured you would,” she said with a smirk. “Call me. And I will see you tomorrow night.”  She stepped closer to him again and kissed him on the same spot on the corner of his mouth.  “I gotta go. Bye,” she said turning and walking off.

He and Billy both watched her until she turned the corner.  Then they looked at each other. Nate didn’t feel the need to say anything.  Tammy’s reaction to him spoke for itself.  So he turned and walked into the elevator.

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Harmony sat curled up on the sofa in her room watching television.  When she heard a knock on her door. She assumed it was Kay coming to check on her for the 20th time that day.

“Come in,” she said with a smile.

The door opened and Tucker walked in.  She was a little surprised to see him after what had happened at the hospital and not hearing from him all day.  But only a little.  Just as Chris had said, she knew that Tucker loved her and only wanted her.  She could feel it. But she didn’t think he would seek her out so soon.

“Hey Songbird.  Esther let me in and told me you were up here,” he said. “How are you feeling?”

“Better. I am surprised to see you.”

“No you are not,” he said walking towards her.  “May I,” he said gesturing to the seat next to her feet on the couch.

“Sure ,” she said sitting up straighter and placing her feet on the floor.

“So, I got a call from that doctor today.  He will be out tomorrow to take a look at Devon.  If all goes well, he said he can perform the surgery this week while he is in town.  But if not then Devon will have to fly out to Denver.”

“Have you spoken to him about it?”

“No, I thought we could do it together.  Devon is more likely to do it if the information comes from you.”

“Okay,” she said picking up her phone and dialing Devon’s number.

“Hey mom,” he said. “How are you feeling?”

“Good baby. I wanted to talk to you about this surgery.”

“Okay.  But I am still apprehensive about taking Tucker’s help,” Devon could be so stubborn.  

“Do you want to hear again or not,” she said getting upset. “Because from where I am sitting, this a golden opportunity that you shouldn’t pass up just because you want to be stubborn.” She looked towards Tucker and shook her head.  He smiled back at her.

“Okay. Okay,” he said.  “I will do it.  You don’t have to get upset about it.  I don’t want you relapsing or going back into the hospital.”

“Great,” she said smiling.  Who would have thought that passing out and being hospitalized would have such perks as getting one’s son to fall in line and do whatever one wanted. “The doctor will be here tomorrow to examine you.  Tucker will call you with the details.”

“Okay.”

“Bye baby.  I love you.” 

“I love you too mom,” she heard him say before she hung up the phone.

“Wow, you handle him so well,” Tucker said impressed as he laid his hand across the back of the couch behind her.

“It’s a woman thing,” she said with a laugh looking into his eyes.

“I see,” he said as he stared back.  He lifted his hand from the back of the couch to her hair and began wrapping curly strands around his finger.  “I love you Songbird,” he said softly.

“You have a funny way of showing it.”  Because she knew that when you loved someone you didn’t repeatedly walk away.  It’s something that she had to learn herself.  And she had. But it seemed that Tucker had not.

“I’m sorry.  I had a momentary lapse in judgment. Only momentary.  But its’ one thing that I have learned about this situation with Devon is that DNA does not matter,” he said softly.  While still playing in her hair with one hand, he reached out the other hand to lay flat against her stomach. “I will love this baby just as much as I love you.  I don’t care whose DNA she or he has.”

Harmony was shocked and humbled that Tucker still wanted to be with her while thinking she carried another man’s child.  While thinking she had lied to him. This confirmed what she knew in her heart.  That Tucker really did love her.

“Baby,” she said smiling while lifting his hand from her stomach.  She brought his hands to her lips and kissed the palm.  “I am not pregnant.”

“What,” he asked surprised.  He also seemed disappointed.

“I am not pregnant. And I don’t even know where you got that.  It’s not true.”

“I was at the hospital to see you and I heard Neil discussing with someone that they were shocked when the doctors announced it.”

“And this is why you said those hurtful things to me.  You didn’t even ask me.  You just assumed it was true,” she said dropping his hand.

“Well if Neil said it, I figured-“

“So what if Neil said it,” she cut him off angrily.  “You should have at least asked me about it.  To at least see if it was true.”  And then it came to her.  He didn’t trust her.  She gasped, “You don’t trust me do you.  You don’t trust my word.” And he had every right not to do so.

She couldn’t sit down any longer.  She stood and began pacing.

“I do trust you,” he said with his voice rising.

“Not true.  If you trusted me then nothing Neil said would have mattered.  I certainly wouldn’t have had to lie in a hospital bed and listen to you call me a liar. Especially since I have never lied to you.”  At least not about anything of real importance she thought.  Little white lies didn’t count.

“Calm down,” he said standing. “I am so sorry.  I made a mistake.”

“No. I am the one who made a mistake.  I knew that we were rushing this.  Us.  But I love you so much,” she said as she began to cry. “Oh god, I love you so much Mick. But we just have too much baggage.  I knew it.  But I wanted to be wrong so badly,” she said closing her eyes.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his body.  She was surrounded by his smell and warmth.   “Don’t cry Songbird.  Please. I’m sorry. I screwed up. I was an asshole.”

She lay her head on his chest trying to get control of her emotions as he rubbed her back tenderly.  This made the second time in as many days that Tucker had reduced her to a sniveling mess. And she didn’t like it. 

After a few minutes, she pushed back to look into his face.  He smiled.  She couldn’t help herself.  She found herself smiling back.

“Feel better,” he asked. 

“Yes.” Oddly enough she did.

“Forgive me?”

“Yes,” she said as she stepped from his embrace and put a few feet between them.  She needed this space for what she was about to say.  If she continued to allow him to hold her, she wouldn’t be able to say it.

“Tucker, I don’t think it is a good idea for us to see each other anymore. “

“I said I was sorry.  I admitted I screwed up. Come on,” he said taking a step towards her.  She put her hand out to stop him.  His touch was the last thing she needed if she wanted to remain strong.

“I know.  And I forgive you.  But I can’t go through this again. When you said those things to me I started to feel those old feelings of self-doubt.  I’m sorry.  I just can’t risk this.  I just shouldn’t be in a relationship right now.”

“You don’t mean that,” he said reaching out a hand to touch her face.  She stepped away before he could make contact.

“I do,” she said turning her back to him.

“Are you really going to do this to us. To me. Again,” he said angrily. 

“Again,” she asked turning back around to face him.

“Yes, again. You have a very bad habit of walking away from me when I make the least mistake.”

She was taken aback.  He couldn’t possibly be laying the blame for what happened between them  back in the day on her.  “Are you saying what happened was all my fault.  That it was my fault that you slept with me and turned your back on me. That is was my fault that you wouldn’t give me the time of day.  That it is my fault that you ignored me. That it was my fault that you were so preoccupied with all those other women that you couldn’t even spare me a glance.  And I wouldn’t call these little mistakes,” she yelled.

“Okay. Fine. I admit it. I reacted badly.  But you could have given me time to come to terms with what was going on between us,” Tucker said yelling back. “Time to adjust to a new reality.”

“How long was I supposed to wait huh? How long?  I waited three damn months. That’s forever when you are 19, alone, lonely, pregnant, and being ignored.”

“Like I said Songbird. I screwed up.   But you could have stuck around.  Instead, you ran away like the dreamy eyed little girl that I knew you to be.”

Little girl, she thought. She obviously needed to remind him that the little girl he remembered was now a woman fully grown.   “Not so little anymore,” she said intentionally lowering her voice to a sexy whisper. “I think I proved that a few times the other night and twice again the next morning.”

His eyelids immediately lowered halfway as he slowly looked down her body and back up to her face to look into her eyes. 

“This so called little girl had the great Tucker McCall with all his vast experience screaming her name. Over and over and over again,” she said with a smirk.

He opened his mouth to respond but at that moment the door to the bedroom opened and Kay walked in.

“What is going on in here?  I can here you two screaming all over the house.”

“I’m sorry Katherine. But Tucker was just leaving,” Harmony said calmly as she continued to stare into his eyes.

“Uh uh. I am not going anywhere until we resolve this,” he said lowering his voice back to normal.

“It’s resolved. I’m done.”

“I love you Yolanda,” Tucker said in a soft voice.

It reminded her of what he had said the other night right before he had entered her. She felt her resolve slipping away.

“Don’t walk away from me.  Please,” he said never breaking eye contact.

Harmony could tell that she was hurting Tucker.  She hated to see that look in his eyes.  Maybe they could still spend time together, she thought.  Just not in a romantic capacity.

“I. Maybe –“

“Tucker,” Kay interrupted her. “Harmony just got out of the hospital.  She doesn’t need this undue stress. Why don’t you just  go.  If you love her like you say you do, then you would respect and accept her decision.”

Finally, Tucker looked at Kay. He had not done so since she walked into the room. “I do love her. And I respect her decision.”  Then he looked back at Harmony. “I just will never accept it. Ever,” he said as he turned and walked out.

 

Location:  Abbot Mansion

Olivia stood outside of Jack’s house and rang the doorbell.  After a minute Jack opened the door with a dish cloth on his shoulder. 

“Hey come in,” he said kissing her on the cheek as she walked in. 

“Uhm.  Jack, have you been cooking?”

“Yes.  For you,” he said with a big smile. 

She was surprised.  As far as she knew, Jack didn’t know how to cook.

“Really,” she said heading into the living room

“You seem surprised,” he said following close behind her.

“Just a little.”

“Have a seat.  You said that you were on call.  So I thought this would be better than going out.  More relaxing.  Just in case you have to go back to the hospital.”

“Thanks,” she said sitting down.

He poured her a glass of wine and handed it to her.  He then sat down beside her proceeded to stare with a broad smile.  If she didn’t know better she would think that he was trying to date her.

“Jack, what’s going on?”

“What do you mean,” he asked innocently.

“What’s going on here,” she said pointing between them. “You want something.  Just tell me.  You don’t have to cook. I am pretty sure that I will give it to you without all this,” she finished while taking sip of wine.

“Regardless of what it is,” he said lowering his voice.

“Well, it couldn’t be that big of a favor.” She chose to ignore his vague sexual reference.

“You might disagree when you hear it.”

“Just ask me,” she said sipping her wine again. “By the way, this is good wine.”

“Only the best for you.  Let me ask you something first.”

“Okay,” she said reluctantly.

“Why is it that you have never remarried in all these years?”

“What,” she said shocked.  She didn’t know where this was coming from and her instinct said that wherever it came from she wouldn’t like it.

“You heard me,” he said smiling.

“ Are you serious?”

“Yes.  I am curious.”

“No reason really.  Other than I haven’t met anyone that I wanted to marry.”

“That’s a decent answer.  So what would someone you wanted to marry be like?”

“Okay Jack. What is this all about,” she said curiously. 

“Well, I will come out and just say it.  I am thinking of running for US Senate.”

“And how does this relate to my marital status.”

“A strategist says that I need a wife.”

“And?”

He raised his brows and smiled.

“Are you kidding me Jack,” she said standing up. “You want me to enter a marriage of convenience to give you a better chance at winning.  Unbeleiveable,” she scoffed walking over to the side board and sat her glass of wine down. 

“Convenience,” he asked rising following her.  “No. Convenience implies that the marriage wouldn’t be real,” he said stopping just inches away from her turned back. He placed a hand on either side of her blocking her exit.  “I fully expect the marriage to be real.”

“Jack,” she said turning around.  She didn’t expect him to be so close. Looking into his eyes made her lose her thought.   She never noticed before but they were vividly blue.  Beautifully so.

“Yes,” he asked lowering his voice and looking at her lips.

He breathing became labored. She was totally taken off guard.  As long as she had known Jack she had never been drawn to him in this way.  Oh, she had thought he was an attractive man but this erratic heartbeat at his nearness was something new.  She looked down breaking the eye contact and slowly shook her head in an attempt to get her bearings. “I am not going to condemn us both to a loveless and passionless marriage just so you can possibly be Senator Abbot.”

“As I said, I am not proposing that,” he whispered leaning in.  She thought that he might be smelling her hair and was shocked at the behavior.  “I think you and I would work well together.  In every way.   And you can’t tell me that there is nothing between us. That there is no passion. You’re eyes are dilated and you are breathing hard.  You appear very excited.  I know you feel what is happening between us right now so don’t attempt to deny it.”

And she couldn’t deny it. Her lack of response prompted him to continue.

“As for loveless.   I have known you almost 30 years.  We have been friends that same amount of time. I don’t think that lends itself to indifference.  I care about you. And I know you feel the same way.”

Once again, she couldn’t argue with the rationale. 

“I am not expecting an answer tonight.  Think about it.  Let me date you.  Seriously.  Then make your decision.”

“And what will you do if I say no.  Will you move on to the next woman on your list,” she asked looking up and into his eyes.

“Sweetheart, you are the only woman on my list,” he said with a smile.  And her heart fluttered.  Another shock. 

She looked into his eyes and silently weighed her options.  What did she have to lose?  A good friend in Jack.  Her best friend Ashley if things ended really badly. But he had only asked her to think about it.  She could do that.

“Okay. I will think about it,” she said.

“Yes,” he said. “So how about we seal this agreement with a kiss.  And then I will finish our dinner.”

“Not necessary,” she said.

“It’s necessary. I need to disprove this no passion theory,” he said lowering his head. 

She closed her eyes in preparation for the kiss.  It seemed like an eternity before his lips touched hers.  At the initial contact she felt a jolt in her body.  He lightly pressed his lips to hers and she couldn’t help herself she pressed back. 

“Hmmm,” he said against her lips.

She raised her hands from her side and placed them on his shoulders.  They were broad and muscular. Another shock.  As many times as she had hugged Jack over the years she had never noticed his shoulders before.

She felt his hand on her face as he broke the kiss.

“Can I kiss you.  I mean really kiss you,” he said looking into her eyes.

“Yes,” she said without thinking.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her body to his. He bent his head and fused his lips to hers again.  This time she opened her mouth when their lips touched and he plunged his tongue into her mouth rubbing his tongue against hers repeatedly. 

Olivia felt dizzy and her nipples ached.  She couldn’t believe what was happening.  But there was no denying it.  She wanted Jack Abbot.  In that way.

“Mmmm,” Jack moaned then broke the kiss and looked into her eyes.  “That was better than I thought it would be.”

Jack was right.  The marriage, if she chose it, wouldn’t be passionless after all.

“It was good,” she admitted licking her lips.  She noticed him look at them again when she did so.

“You know what.  I think I better finish our food.  Give myself something to do or I might just try to take this further than a kiss.  And I know that you don’t want that,” he paused.  Then added “Do you” in a hopeful voice.

“No Jack.  I don’t.  You are right.  We had better eat,” she said taking her hands from Jack’s shoulders.

He slowly released her and stepped back. “After you,” he said gesturing towards the dining room.

 

Location:  Devon’s House

Devon had just received a call from Roxy saying that she would be here in a few minutes.  So he plated their food and put it on the table.  He lit the candles for their centerpiece and waited.  He had decided that they should stay in instead of going out.  So he picked up some food on the way home.

A few minutes later she walked in the house. 

“Hey,” he said hugging her around the waist. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” she said breaking their hug and walking further in the room. 

Devon thought that was odd but he didn’t think much of it.  Maybe she was tired.

“I picked up take out from your favorite restaurant.  I thought you might be tired from your first day at work.”

“Oh, that’s sweet,” she said sitting down on the couch without taking off her coat. 

Another anomaly, Devon thought.

“Sit down,” she said as she patted the couch beside her.  “We need to talk.”

Devon’s heart dropped.  Every man knew this tone and that phrase. This was not going to be good for him.

“Okay,” he said sitting down beside her and picking up her hand to intertwine their fingers.

She looked at him for a while and he noticed that she had tears brimming in her eyes.

“Baby, what’s going on?  Why are you on the verge of tears?”

“Because I have to tell you something and it’s breaking my heart,” she said as she pulled their hands into her lap.

“Just say it.  It can’t be that bad,” he said calmly although he was feeling frantic.

She took a deep breath and said, “I love you.  And I want to be with you.  But I think that we are at an impasse with the marriage thing. I think it’s time for us to see other people,” she said softly then kissing the back of his hand.

“Roxanne no,” he said. “I disagree.  And we are not at an impasse,” Devon wanted to ask her to marry him right now to prove the point but she deserved better than a ring less proposal. 

“We are.  You are not ready.  And it is understandable.  You have a plan for your life.  And it is wrong of me to ask you to change it for me,” she said on a sob.

“It’s true that I do have a plan for my life.  But every plan that I have ever formed since the day we met has included you.”

“I don’t doubt that.  I know you love me.  It’s just that we are on two different time tables. And I have come to realize that there is nothing wrong with that. I love you too much to see you sacrifice your happiness for mine.”

“Roxy.  Please. Just trust me. It will work out,” he said in a hoarse whisper.

“I am not saying that we can’t still see each other.  We can. But just that maybe we need to open ourselves up to the possibility that we may not be meant to be.”

“I don’t want anyone but you. And I know you don’t want anyone but me.” Then the picture of her sitting with Chance laughing and having fun entered his head. “Unless you do want someone else,” he said pulling his hand away from hers.

“What does that mean,” she said.

“Maybe you were being more than friendly when I saw you with Phillip Chancellor today.”  When he said it, he knew it was the wrong thing to say.  And he wanted to take it back.

“What, so now I am the cheater,” she said shocked.

“No. I am not accusing you. But it just seems that all of a sudden now you want to see other people.”

“You know what Devon.  If this is what you think of me, then it is obviously for the best that we don’t get married,” she cried as she stood and headed towards the door.

“No, I don’t think it.  I am just trying to figure out where this is coming from.  Don’t go,” he said walking behind her. “Please.  Stay. Let’s finish talking.”

“I think we’re done. In more ways than one,” she stated flatly as she opened the door and walked out. 

Devon walked out behind her.  There was no way he would let her walk away like this.

“Wait,” he said.

“No, I have said what I came to say,” she said as she reached her car and opened the door.  He caught it before she could get it all the way open.  He pressed the front of his body to the back of hers and buried his face in her hair.

“Please.  Just listen to me,” he whispered. “You don’t have to say anything.  Just listen.  Then I will let you go. Okay.”

“Fine,” she said still crying.

“Can you please turn around so I can see your face,” he continued to whisper.   He felt on the verge of tears himself.

“No.”

“Okay.  I am sorry that I said that. I know you would never cheat on me.  It’s not who you are.  I’m hurt.  That’s all.  But I shouldn’t have made that stupid statement.  I love you. I don’t want anyone but you.  And you’re right.  I do have dreams about a career.  But it’s not my only dream.  I have another one that is more important.  One about a beautiful brown skinned wife named Roxanne and the family that we will create with our love.   And although you may be willing to let it go, I am not. I have dreamed it way too long for that baby. It’s etched on my heart.”

He could feel her body shaking with tears.  He knew what he said had affected her.  He stepped back to give her room to think. 

He saw her open the door further and then hesitate. He hoped she would turn around and throw herself in his arms.  Tell him that she didn’t mean what she said about seeing other people.  After a few seconds, she opened the door and got in. She started her car and pulled away from the curb. All without ever looking back at him.

 

Episode 13, Part 1 by Diva58

 

Episode 13, Part 1

Time: Next day, Morning

Location: Newman Ranch

Victor sat on the couch reading the newspaper when his daughter Victoria came down the steps.  He knew something was going on with her but she refused to tell him what it was.  He was happy that she was living there as opposed to with that worthless cad she had chosen to marry.  Because of it, he didn’t push her for more information.  Eventually he knew she would tell him.

“Good morning dad,” she said as she walked over to the side bar to poor herself a cup of coffee.

“Morning sweetheart.  How did you sleep?”

“Good,” she said.

Victor noticed that she looked fidgety.  She looked as if she wanted to talk to him about something.

“Is something going on Victoria?  You seem out of sorts.”

“Well dad,” she said sitting down in an arm chair. “I wanted to talk to you about returning to Newman.  I think it is time. “

“Of course.  There is always a place for you at Newman. You can start when you are ready.  But I wonder what Billy will think about this.”

“Billy doesn’t signify in this.  It’s my decision.  I need something to do.  Something to fill my days.”

“I see.  Well I won’t ask any further questions.  I am just happy to have you back.”

“Thanks for understanding,” she said rising.  She walked over and kissed him on the head. 

“I will start this afternoon,” she said as she went back upstairs.

 

Location: Billy Abbot’s House

Chloe stood on the door step of Billy’s house hand in hand with their daughter when Billy opened the door.

“Hey.  It’s my two favorite girls,” Billy said opening the door.

“Daddy,” Delia squealed as she launched herself into Billy’s arms.  He lifted her high and turned and walked inside the house. 

Chloe smiled  at the obvious affection between father and daughter. 

“Daddy, can I have a cookie,” Delia asked. 

Billy looked at Chloe for her consent.   Delia had eaten her breakfast this morning without any complaint, so Chloe thought that she could have a little reward.  She nodded her head and held up one finger for Billy.

“Yes, my little peanut.  But you can only have one.  Do you need me to get it for you?”

“No, I can get it myself,” she said as she ran off into the kitchen.

“Still no Victoria, huh,” she asked.  She was pretty sure she was right since there were no signs of her around.

“No,” he said.  “But you know, the longer she stays away.  The less I miss her.”

“Don’t give up on her Billy.  You two love each other.”

Billy walked over to her and pulled her into a tight hug.  She placed her arms around his waist as a reflex. And her heart beat faster.  Being held in Billy’s arms was one of her favorite things.  It wasn’t a place she often found herself these days though.   Not because Billy wouldn’t want to hold her.  Because he would.  She knew that.  But because she didn’t allow herself the luxury. It would be too easy to fall back into her old pattern.  And that, she would not do. 

After a few seconds she leaned back to look up in his face and asked, “What was that for?”

He looked down at her and loosened his arms by holding her lightly around the waist.  He lifted one hand to cup her face.  “It’s a thank you for supporting me,” he said looking into her eyes. He seemed to be searching for something there.

“Billy.  You know I will always support you,” she said.  She heard her voice shake and prayed that Billy didn’t.  If he knew that he could still affect her, he would never let her live it down.  Nor would he ever stop trying to elicit some sort of reaction from her again.

 She dropped her hands from his waist and slowly pulled from his embrace before she allowed him liberties she would regret later.  When she got a foot away she thought he would let her go but he didn’t. He moved the hand from her side to curl his arm around her waist again. He pulled her roughly towards him.

“I know you do.  It’s by far the sexiest thing about you,” he said in a husky voice that was accompanied by a smoldering look. 

She knew that voice and that look. He was about to try to kiss her. And just as she predicted he began lowering his head.  Before he could make contact she lifted her hand and placed her pointer finger over his lips. 

“Absolutely not Billy Abbot,” she said.  “Now let go of me.”

He let her go and stepped back.  “I’m sorry Chloe.  I shouldn’t have done that,” he said looking down.

“Oh Billy, I am use to you by now.  No hard feelings.”  And she meant it.  She knew better than to take him seriously. “But what is going on with this woman.  Is she still in town?  Have you seen her again?”

“No I haven’t. “

“Well, do you want my advice,” she asked.

“I know that this is where I would normally say no.  But I find that I actually do want it,” he said.

“Wow, this is a first.  I think I might need to write this down.”

“Don’t get used to it,” he said smiling.

“Okay.  Why don’t you ask her to take a paternity test right now? This way you will know for sure if the baby is yours without waiting months for the baby to be born.”

He smiled brightly at her.  “I knew there was a reason, besides your beauty, that I like having you around,” he said.

“Daddy. Daddy. Look, I got it all by myself,” Delia said running back into the room.

“That’s great baby,” he said.

“Well I have to go,” Chloe said bending down to look Delia in the eyes.  “You be good at school today.  And I will see you this afternoon at your play.”

“Okay,” Delia said. “Bye mommy.”

“Bye,” she said kissing Delia on the cheek.   She stood and looked at Billy. “Later,” she said as she turned and headed for the door.

“No kiss for me, huh,” he asked playfully.

She didn’t respond as she walked out.

 

Location: Cold Winter Records Studio

Devon sat in his studio looking at his phone willing it to ring.  He had called Roxy and texted her numerous time.  But she wouldn’t answer.  Nor did she call him back.  He was about to dial her again when Tucker walked in.

“Mornin Devon.”

“Hi,” he said.

“I have good news for you.  The doctor will meet you at the hospital at 2,” Tucker said with a smile.

“Thanks.”  As much as Devon was excited about this surgery and possibly hearing again.  He had other things  on his mind.  He had more important things in his life not going right.

“I thought you told your mother you were excited.  You don’t seem excited to me.”

“No, I am.  It’s just that I have other things going on.”

“Is it something that I can help you with,” Tucker asked concern. 

“No.”

“Are you sure? Sometimes it helps to talk about things,” Tucker said.

Devon remembered the things Tucker had told him about his relationship with his mother.  The look on his face as he spoke.  He knew that if anyone understood, Tucker would.  Normally, he wouldn’t confide in Tucker but he was feeling desperate.

“It’s Roxy. She broke up with me last night?”

“Oh.  I am sorry.  What happened?”

“It’s a long story.  Suffice it to say that she is ready to get married.”

“Okay. And I take it that you’re not.”

“I had this plan for my life you know. I wanted to build my career first then start a family. But Roxy has other ideas about it.  She is ready now.  I could lose out on the one dream that I hold in my hand while I am out chasing another.  If I never become successful in the music business, I can live with that.  But I  don’t want to live my life without Roxy. Before I could even tell her this, she broke up with me.  I understand why, but I feel like she could have at least given me a couple of days to get everything in order.”

“Do you love her,” Tucker asked.

“Yes, with all that I am.”

“Then fight for her.  Don’t let her walk away from you.  Don’t let some other man take what belongs to you.  What should be yours. You will regret it the rest of your life,” Tucker said solemnly.

Devon knew that advice Tucker was giving was personal.  It was based on his own experiences with Harmony and the choices that he made.

“You do love her don’t you,” Devon asked.  There was no reason to clarify who she was.  Tucker knew of whom he spoke.

“With all that I am,” he repeated Devon’s words back to him in a low hoarse voice while looking him in the eyes.

 Devon believed him. He could see the same feelings he had for Roxy reflected in Tucker eyes.  Only they were for his mother.

 “But she doesn’t trust me now,” Tucker continued looking.  “She’s afraid of me. Afraid to be with me.”

“Then fight for her,” Devon said with a smile.  He knew that his mother loved Tucker and wanted to be with him. When he told Tucker that he wouldn’t stand in the way, he meant that.

“I plan on it. I will never give up on her. And don’t give up on Roxanne.  So go out and buy her a ring. She may be mad now but when you present her with it, I guarantee all will be forgiven.”

Devon wondered if that was Tucker’s plan. He doubted it.  He didn’t think Tucker would be ready to get married again so soon after the divorce.  He thought it was amusing that Tucker would give him advice that he wasn’t taking himself.

“Is that what you plan on doing for mom,” he asked with a smirk.  Already sure of an answer.

“No.  Harmony is way too stubborn and jaded for that. That wouldn’t work with her. I will have to do something else. Something more drastic.   Besides, I already have her ring.  I bought it this past weekend.”

Devon was shocked.  He hadn’t expected that.

“You seem surprised,” Tucker said.

Before he could respond his phone rang.  He pulled it out to look at the caller ID.  He hoped it was Roxy but the caller ID said that it was his dad Neil. 

“Excuse me Tucker,” Devon said as he answered the phone. “Dad, what’s up?”

“Hey son.  Can you come by Bell today?  I have something I want to discuss with you. And no, I don’t have time to get into right now.”

“Okay,” Devon said laughing. “I will be there later.”

“Great, see you then.”

“Bye,” he said as he hung up the phone.

“Sorry about that. But are you saying that you are ready to marry my mom.”

“Yes.  She’s the one.”

Part of Devon was scared for his mother.  Despite believing Tucker loved her, he still wasn’t sure Tucker could be trusted to protect her. She was fragile.  And she needed someone who understood that.  He didn’t mind them dating but he hadn’t bargained on them getting married. But then the other part of Devon was elated.  His biological parents together was a dream that he had since he was a little kid.  And now it seemed that it was about to happen.  He didn’t know what to say or think. But he knew one thing.  Tucker had better not hurt his mother again.

“Tucker, I just ask one thing.  Please don’t hurt my mother again. She’s fragile.”

“Harmony is precious.  But she is not fragile. She has more strength than anyone I know.  And more will power too.  But I won’t get into that, “ Tucker said smiling.

“Please don’t,” Devon said with a frown.  He was sure that Tucker was talking about the physical.  It was something about his tone that gave him away.

“I won’t.  But I have to go,” he said heading for the door.  “Don’t give up on Roxy.”

“Bye Tucker.”

“Bye,” he said as he walked out the door.

 

Location: Restless Style

Phyllis sat at her desk trying to come up with inspiration for her blog when her phone rung.

“Restless Style, Phyllis Newman,” she said as she answered the phone.  It was her source from the hospital. He informed her that Harmony had collapsed from exhaustion but there had been speculation about whether she was pregnant.  She thanked her source and hung up her phone.

Phyllis thought that this was juicy information and didn’t know whether she would run it as a cover story for the magazine or as a blog piece.  Before she decided, she thought that she might try to get a quote just to gauge the truth of the situation.

She rose and went to the new assistant’s desk.

“Tammy,” she said. “Can you locate Tucker McCall’s number for me?”

“Why do you need it,” she asked.

“Because, I need to get a quote about this story that I am trying to run about him and Harmony.”

“What story?”

“Well, my source says she is pregnant.  And if she is and the baby is Tucker’s, this is proof of his cheating.  And if it is not Tucker’s baby, then it shows that Harmony is-,” she said before cutting herself off. “Why am I explaining this to you?”

“No.  We are not running that story Phyllis.  Find something else.”

Phyllis was taken aback by her outspokenness.  She was almost speechless. Almost. “And who are you to tell me what story I can run,” she asked Tammy.

“I am someone with an undergraduate degree in English from NYU and a master degree in journalism from Columbia.    One who has ethics.  One who knows that you can’t print this story without knowing whether it is true.  It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.”

“Oh please, no one is going to sue us.”

“You’re right they won’t,” Tammy said standing.  “Because we are not printing this story.”

“Have you forgotten that I am the editor of this magazine and you are just the receptionist?  I do not answer to you. You really are working on getting fired.  That’s really what you are doing.”

“You may be the editor, but you are not the owner.   Thusly, the buck does not stop with you,” she said. “Let me just call Billy right now for a decision,” she said picking up the phone dialing. 

 

 

[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/ajsp35801/Pamela.png[/IMG]

 

[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/ajsp35801/Callie-1.png[/IMG]

 

Location: The Jacob’s House in LA

Pamela was excited about the move to Genoa City.  She would be closer to her step son and her future father in law.  She had met John about 4 years ago after she had woken up in a hospital with two broken legs and a fractured pelvis.  He had been in after having a bad accident.  She had no memory of what had happened to her nor who she was.  All she knew was that she was pregnant.  And because she didn’t know her own name, she had no hope of finding out the biological father of her child.  She had made her peace with that.  Besides, John was a great father to their son.  He hadn’t officially adopted him although he had convinced her to put his name on the birth certificate when he was born.  They had named him Neil Walter Jacobs.  Pamela never told anyone why she chose those names.  And John never asked.  She had been having these dreams about the same people for years now.  One of them was a man named Neil.  She didn’t know whether these were memories or just a figment of her imagination.  But they seemed so real and vivid.  There had been a time where she had searched to see if she could find the people from her dreams.  But with only first names and, in some cases, no names.  It was difficult.  So she had given up.  It had taken John a long time to convince her to let her past go and move on towards the future with him.  He was so good to her that she reluctantly agreed.  Her reluctance was not because she didn’t love him, but because she didn’t know who she was.  But she had decided to put those fears behind her and embrace her future.  To just be happy.

She was in the kitchen packing when her son’s nanny, Calista, came in. 

“Hey Pam, do you need any help. I am done packing Walt’s things.”

“Yes, I do actually.  Thanks,” she said as Callie sat down and began wrapping china in newspaper.

“So how are you feeling about the move,” she asked.

It really annoyed Pam when people attempted to treat her as some fragile bird.  She knew that when she first got out of the hospital she had been a little skittish but those days were long past.

“Callie, you know I love you.  And you know I am happy you have decided to move with us.  But you’re working on getting cursed out.”

Callie laughed softy.

“Sorry.  Old habit.”

“Well it is one you really need to lose.  Did you call your uncle to tell him the news yet?”

“No, I want it to be a surprise that I am moving to Genoa City.”

“Well I am sure he will be very excited.  So you know that we are supposed to go to this arts gala Saturday night.  They got all of us a tickets.  So, we will need to find a sitter for Walt.”  Pam had been trying to get Callie to date since she came to work for them.  The girl just seemed to not be interested at all. She sometimes thought that maybe something had happened to her in the past.  Something painful that had just turned her off from men altogether. 

“Oh no.  I will stay with Walt.”

“No, you are going.  And that is final.  I will call Bell and ask for a recommendation for a sitter.”

“I am not sure about leaving Walt with just anyone.  We would really need to do background checks and all that before we could leave him,” Callie said.

Pam knew that she was just coming up with excuses.

“I will call the CEO himself if it will make you feel better about leaving him with someone.  As a matter of fact I think that is exactly what I will do. Really, you need to get out more.  Live a little. Use it before you lose it girl.  You know what I am saying.” 

Pam decided then and there that she would not only make sure that Callie went to the gala.  She would also make sure she had a date.

“I know what you are saying Pam.  But I am fine. I promise you.”

“So, we should go shopping tomorrow.  Now, let’s talk about something far more entertaining. What will we wear?”

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Kay decided to bring Harmony breakfast to save her from having to get out of bed.  She wished that she would take at least the full week off but Harmony insisted that she would go to work tomorrow.  When Kay reached her room the door was open so she walked in and found Harmony sitting on her couch watching TV.

“Good morning dear, I brought you breakfast.”

“Thanks Katherine.  You didn’t have to do that.”

“I know I didn’t,” Kay said putting the tray down on the coffee table. “But I wanted to do it.”

“Okay,” Harmony said with a knowing look.

“What,” Kay asked innocently.

“Just say it.  I know you want to ask me about what went on with Tucker last night.”

“The thought had crossed my mind,” Kay said sitting on the bed.

“Tucker and I had a disagreement.”

“What kind of disagreement?”

“The kind where you break it off with someone,” Harmony said looking down.

“I know you two had recently starting seeing each other.  I think everyone knows that.  But why break it off so soon?”  From where Kay could see at the party, they were happy.  She had never seen her son so content.

“Because we just weren’t meant to be.”

“I saw the look on his face when he left last night. You hurt him.  Which means he genuinely cares about you.  I mean truly cares about you.  I think he loves you.  It seems to me that you two are more than meant to be.”

“I love him too.”

“Well that was also obvious,” Kay said laughing.

When Harmony didn’t say anything else, she decided to make a confession.  “You know why I wanted you to stay with me? “

“No.”

“Because of Tucker.  I know Devon thought it was because of him.  And it was at first.  I thought it would help him to know that you were safe.  But then after I saw the way that Tucker reacted to the idea of you leaving, I knew…well, let’s just say, I knew that he wanted you here.  And I wanted to give him an opportunity to have you here.  To have his family close. “

“What did me being here have to do with Tucker having a family.  He had a family with Ashley when I came to town.”

Kay sighed loudly.  Once again she wondered how people survived without her guidance. “You don’t really believe that do you? “

Harmony remained silent.

“Children bond you.  Regardless of how or why they get here.  They bond you.  In a way that marriage never will. So just because Tucker was married to Ashley, doesn’t make them a family.  I don’t know if you have heard this story before but Jill had a child with my husband.  A bond that I couldn’t hope to compete with.  I would never tell her this but I know he actually did love her.  In a way that he never loved me. So, trust me when I say, Tucker did not have a family when you came to town.  But I think he has one now.”

Kay noticed that Harmony looked like she was taking in and analyzing what she had said.  Since she had her ear, she decided to continue.

“Now I don’t know the reasons for this spat but I know that you two love each other.  And I think that is worth fighting for.  It’s clear that you want him.  You want to be with him. So fight for what you want. Don’t give up on him. Fight.”

“I’ll think about it,” Harmony said.

Kay was exasperated.  She saw where Devon got his stubborn attitude. 

“Listen, I know he can be impulsive.  Relentless.  And sometimes unfeeling and cold.  But I think underneath it all is a man who is worth loving.  And that man loves you. He has chosen you.”

“Yeah, but not when it counted,” Harmony said frowning.

“Come on.  This is your second chance. Are your really going to throw it away?”

“No, I’m not,” Harmony said smiling.  “But if Tucker chooses to then that’s on him.”

“You and I both know that this choice falls on you.  You can choose to love Tucker and be with him despite his faults.  Tucker needs a reason to try to be a better man.  You have the power here.  Not him”, she said standing and walking towards the door.    “You have it. Use it,” she said walking out.

 

Time: Mid- Morning

Location: Crimson Lights

Victoria stopped off at Crimson Lights to get some coffee before going in to work at Newman.  She ordered her usual and went out onto the patio for moment of privacy to clear her head.  She was a little nervous at how she would be received at work after so publically fighting with her father over the last few years.  But she was happy to be going back where she belonged. 

She stood at the table facing the wall filling her cup with sugar when she heard Billy’s voice behind her.

“So, you just ignore Delia’s birthday?”

She sighed deeply and turned around.  This was the last person she wanted to see today. 

“Billy. Listen. I am sorry.  I just didn’t want to deal with all the drama.  I knew that if I came, the focus would have been taken from Delia.  You wouldn’t have been able to give your daughter your undivided attention.”

“Okay.  Fair enough. But where are you staying?”

“I am staying at the ranch.”

“So I was right, huh.  You have run back to daddy. You have chosen him over me.”

“Billy. It’s not like that at all.”

“Then how is it,” he asked snidely.

“Not like that.”

“Fine.  But we need to talk. We need to clear the air,” he said through gritted teeth.

Victoria was ready to talk.  She had gotten past her wanting to avoid the situation.  She was willing to talk, but she didn’t have the time right now.

“Billy, I can’t talk right now.  I am starting back at Newman this afternoon and I have a meeting with Nick and Adam that I need to prepare for.” 

Besides, they had an audience now.  A man had come outside too.  Probably for the same reason that she had.

“Are you saying that you are working for your father now too,” he said angrily.  “After all that your father has done to us.  Done to break us up.  You choose to go back to him.  I thought that you were done with this.”

She was getting upset.  How dare Billy be resentful of her job?  She needed something to take her mind off of him possibly having a baby with someone else and for not having Reed, her son, with her every day.

“How dare you begrudge me?  I need this,” she said getting angry also. “And it is not a choice.  You act like I am choosing my father over you.”

“You are, aren’t’ you,” he said and walked out angrily.  In his willingness to exit, he bumped hard into the man who had come out.

 

 

Location: New Enterprises Offices

Nick walked into Adam’s office and sat down.  He was actually getting used to not being so antagonistic with Adam.  Things always went better when Sharon was not mentioned.  And to Adam’s credit, he never mentioned her.

“So dad tells me he gave you Damon Porter’s contact information for your project.”

“Newman’s project brother.  And yes, he did.  But Damon can’t do it.  He gave me the name of someone who could do it.  And she already has the products developed so we could probably get them on the shelf sooner than anticipated.”

“Tell me about her,” Nick said.

“Well, she is a newly minted PhD in chemistry.  Her name is Tyra Hamilton,” Adam said pushing a folder across the desk to him.

“Tyra Hamilton? I know a Tyra Hamilton.  She used to be the manager for Indigo.  Is this the same person?”

“Read her resume.  If she is that person, then it should be there.”

Nick opened the folder and did a quick survey of her resume.  And he saw it listed.  This was the same person.

“It’s her.  She was always very professional,” Nick said aloud.  And one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen too he thought to himself. “Have you spoken to her yet?”

“No, I have not.  Dad has said that we must work on this project together.  So in the spirit of togetherness, I was waiting on you to show up. I didn’t want to make the offer without your agreement.”

“Well, I agree.   Let’s give her a call now.”

 

Location: Restless Style

Tammy sat at her desk shuffling papers. She was fuming.  It really galled her that people like Phyllis Newman could get jobs without any formal training or education, while she had it all but struggled.  There was no way that Phyllis should be the editor of this magazine.  From what she could tell Phyllis knew nothing about journalism.  She didn’t even adhere to simple ethics.  She had called Billy but he didn’t answer.  So she left him a voicemail letting him know that his presence was required.  Her phone rung and she answered it without looking at the caller ID. 

“Hello,” she said.  Her annoyance was evident.

“Oh no. I don’t like that tone. Tell me what’s wrong so I can fix it for you beautiful.”

At the sound of his voice, Tammy immediately felt herself relax.  It was like all the stress and anger lifted away.

“Nathan.  How are you this morning,” she asked in a softer tone than the one she answered the phone with previously.

“I’m fine.  But you don’t seem to be. “

“Oh, I am better now that I have heard your sexy voice.”  And that was no lie. His voice was extremely sexy and hearing it did make her feel better.

“Mmmm,” he said and her stomach fluttered.  “Okay.  You don’t have to tell me but just so you know, I would do anything for you. Anything to make you happy. To keep you smiling.”

She felt herself blushing and couldn’t stop.  She looked up and noticed Phyllis staring at her.  She swiveled her chair around facing the wall and away from prying eyes.

“Nathan,” she sighed as she blushed deeper.  He always did have the ability to make her feel special and desired. 

“So, I just wanted to make sure that we were still on for tonight.”

“Of course.  I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to spend time with you,” she said.

“So, I will pick you up at 6.”

“I will be ready.”

“You won’t be ready.  But I don’t mind waiting for you either.”

“Let me rephrase.  I will try to be ready,” she said.

“Good morning people.  How’s the shop running this morning,” she heard Billy ask.

“Nathan.  Billy’s here.  I have to go. I will see you later okay.”

“Okay.  I can’t wait.”

 

Location: Crimson Lights

Justin had come outside at Crimson Lights just in time to hear the last of the argument between a man and a woman.  The man had bumped into him without an apology, but he wouldn’t hold it against him.  The spat was intense.  The woman now seemed on the verge of crying.  He felt sorry for her so he couldn’t just walk away. 

“Hey,” he said as he approached her.  “Are you okay?”

“Yes, thanks I am fine,” she said.

“You don’t seem fine.  Why don’t you sit down and gather yourself,” he said holding out the chair for her.

“Thanks,” she said sitting down.

He sat down opposite from her and said, “Is there anything I can do?  Get you a refill of your coffee? Hire a hit man to take him out,” he said smiling.

 “No. That won’t be necessary. Although I did think of the hit man myself,” she said as she laughed in return.  And her face lit up.  Justin thought she was striking.  And for some reason his interest was piqued. He knew it was a bad idea since she seemed to be already involved.   But he couldn’t help himself.

“My name is Justin by the way. Justin Barber.”

“Barber? Any relation to Dru and Olivia,” she asked.

 He should have known that she would know his cousins.  It seemed that everyone around town did.

“Yes.   They are my first cousins.  Now you know my name, but I don’t know yours.”

“Victoria Newman.  I mean Abbot.  Victoria Abbot.”

“Nice to meet you Victoria whose last name she is not sure of.  You seemed to be feeling better.  And since I have a meeting in a little while. I need to be going.  I was only here to get a cup of coffee,” he said standing up.

“And became my hero,” she said with a smile.

“Hero.  I like that.  My mother would be proud,” he said and walked away.

 

Location: Newman Enterprises Offices

Adam was surprised that Nick agreed with any course of action he chose.  There were times when Nick would disagree just to disagree because it was his idea.  Adam hoped that this was the beginning of him getting along with Nick.  It seemed that they had tacitly decided not to discuss Sharon.  And that was for the best.

He dialed Tyra’s number and after a few rings heard a sultry voice say, “Hello.”

He looked at Nick questioningly and Nick widened his eyes in the affirmative.

“Hi. Tyra Hamilton?”

“Yes, this is Tyra.” 

Adam noticed that Tyra’s voice was turning him on.  He hadn’t had that happen to him with a stranger before.  And especially not over the phone.

“Tyra, this is Adam Newman at Newman Enterprises.  We were given your number by Damon Porter.  We’d like to offer you a position as head chemist for Newman Cosmetics.  You come highly recommended.”

“Thanks,” she said in the same sultry voice. “But I am not sure that it is a good time for me to move there.”

“Well, let me tell you more about what we are trying to do first.  Then you decide.”

“Okay.  I am willing to listen.”

“We are trying to expand one of our brands to include products for black women who are no longer chemically straightening their hair.   We were told that you had great products that were begging to be put into the market.”

“I do have products.  But I am not sure I want to lose the formula to some big corporation.”

“Ah, I see.  How about we not only hire you as head chemist, but we also purchase the formula’s from you.”

“I repeat.  I am not sure I want to lose the formulas to some large company. “

Adam looked towards Nick once again.  Nick shrugged his shoulders.

“Help me out,” Adam silently mouthed.

“Tyra. Hello again.  This is Nick Newman.  I often times came into Indigo when you were the manager there. I was wondering if you remembered me?”

“Yes I do Nick. How are you,” she asked.  Nick could hear the smile in her voice although the tone didn’t change.

“I am great.  It seems that you have been doing great things since you left us poor saps here in Genoa City.”

“Well, I am passionate about my chosen field.”

“So we’ve heard.  Now tell me. What can we do to induce you to move back?  You’re familiar with the area.  You know people here.  As a matter of fact, your sister moved back here not that long ago I hear.  You have family in town.  So it must be that you have reservations about Newman.”

There was a long pause.  Then she said, “I have spent quite a bit of time developing these products.  I admit to being a little sentimental about them.  However, I do feel like they should be on the market.  I really believe in them.  As a matter of fact, I use them myself.”

“I am impressed Tyra,” said Adam. He looked at Nick who placed his hand up to silence him.

“Tyra, just tell us your terms and we will see if we can meet them.”

“Let me think about it and get back to you.”

“Let me give you my cell so that you may call me directly,” Nick said.

He gave her the number and assumed she wrote it down.

“We look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks for your time,” Adam said.

“Thank you,” she said as she hung up the phone. 

When he was sure the line was dead, he turned to Nick and asked, “Is she as sexy and she sounds?”

“Think of the most beautiful woman that you know.  Now magnify it times 10.  That is Tyra.”

“And you and she never,” Adam said leaving the sentence open knowing that Nick knew what he meant.

“What? No,” Nick said.

“Oh, so I guess that means that you are not into black women then.  You are not attracted to them or something,” Adam asked.  He was just curious.  He had met many attractive black women over the years.  But none of them seemed very interested in him.  He wondered if most of them just weren’t that into white guys in general.  Or if it was just something about him that they didn’t like.

“I have met plenty of attractive black women that I would have liked to get to know better.  Plenty.  Let me reiterate.  Plenty.  Tyra included. But I haven’t been in a position to pursue anything with anyone since I was 18.  Of course I got married young and then I sorta fell into this thing with Phyllis.”

“Oh, that’s what they are calling it nowadays.  Falling into a thing.” He didn’t even know why Nick was using that as an excuse anyway.  He had never had any qualms about cheating on both Sharon and Phyllis.  But maybe he liked to limit himself to only 2 women at a time in his harem.

“Why did I even bother being real with you.  Moving right along. Tyra says that she uses the products. She is beyond beautiful.  Why don’t we use her as a spokemodel?  You know.  These products are so good, I use them on myself type of campaign.”

“I like it brother.  If only we could get her to accept,” Adam said.

“I might have an inside track.  Let’s give her a few days before we recruit backup.”

“Alright.  I will follow your lead,” Adam said.

 

 

Location: Restless Style

Billy had gotten numerous phone calls from both Tammy and Phyllis this morning. They seemed to be arguing about a story.  Apparently, one wanted to run the story and the other didn’t.

“Billy, I need to speak with you,” Tammy said as she hung up her phone.

“Your Editor takes precedence over a receptionist,” Phyllis said walking up to Billy.

“Ladies. Ladies.  I am only one man.  Everyone will be heard.”

“Tammy,   why don’t you go first,” he said looking at her. 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Phyllis said staring up at the ceiling.

Tamara smiled at him and began her story. 

“Phyllis wants to run some story about Harmony Hamilton being pregnant when she has no clue if it is true or not.  I think it is unethical and a liability to the magazine.”

“And just in case you didn’t know, this is a gossip magazine,” Phyllis said pointing her finger.

“Last time I checked, we were listed as a fashion magazine,” Tammy countered looking down at Phyllis’s finger with a glint in her eye.

He had seen that glint many times before when they all lived in New York.  She was on the verge of retaliating against that finger.  And probably with a slap.  The last thing he wanted was a physical altercation between Phyllis and Tammy.  So, he stepped between them.

“I agree with Tammy.  This hits too close to home and I wouldn’t want my sister finding out this way.  We won’t run the story.”

“Billy, you can’t be serious,” Phyllis said walking off towards her desk.  “You just can’t be serious.”

“I am,” he said following her.

“So you are going to let this little know it all receptionist come in and change how we do business.  I mean really.  Come on.  Who is she to dictate anything?”

“Phyllis,” he said lowering his voice as he looked over his shoulder at Tammy who was glaring daggers their way.  “Lower your voice.  Tammy is Roxanne Davis’ sister.  Roxanne is Devon’s girlfriend.”

“Ah, I see. “

“No you don’t see.  She is also a friend of mine.  Well really, she is Chloe’s friend.  Her best friend actually. So I need you two to get along because she isn’t going anywhere.  I already have enough drama. I don’t need any from Chloe because of Tammy.   Besides, you owe me after getting me in trouble with Vikki last week.”

“Okay. I will try to get along with her.  But I can’t make any promises.”

 

Location: Bell Communications Offices

Devon stopped at the door to his dad’s office at Bell Communications.  He knocked on the open door and Neil looked up at him.

“Dad,” Devon said. “You wanted to see me?”

“There’s my son.  And yes, I wanted to see you. Come in and sit down.”

Devon walked in and took a seat across on the other side of Neil’s desk. 

Neil picked up the phone on his desk and dialed a number.

“Sherri, can you ask Justin and Chris to come to my office please,” he said.

“Thanks.”

“This must be important if all of you need to be here,” Devon asked. 

“Well I think I will need back up.”

Devon was getting nervous.  Like a kid who was waiting to be reprimanded, he started to think about all the things he had done over the past couple weeks that Neil could have heard about. 

“If this is about something that you heard that happened at a club, I promise you that it is probably embellished.”

Neil laughed as Chris walked in.

“Precious.  Glad that you could make it.”

“Hey Chris.  Mind telling me what’s going on?”

“I wanted to wait on Justin,” Neil said.

“He is not here.  He went out for coffee.  Apparently, living in New York all those years changed him.  He is now a part of the designer coffee set,” Chris said.

“Oh well, let’s get started then. So Devon.  We asked you here to make you a job offer.  Here me out and promise to think about it before you say no.”

“Okay,” Devon said smiling.

“Well, we are starting a media productions company.  We want you to be the president.  You get to hire your own staff and even name it.  Now I know this is not what you wanted.  And I won’t guilt you into anything.  However, this company, and any other company that WinterCorp acquires, is going to be yours.  I was just hoping that you would want to be a part of building it. This is a family company. The Winters legacy.  And that legacy starts with you as my eldest son,” Neil said. 

Devon looked at Neil’s face and then at Chris’.  They both wore the same expression.  One of pride and love.  And that love was for him.  Even if he wanted to, how could he say no to such looks from such men.

“You know something.  Now I know why you and Dru were such a good match,” Devon said as Neil smiled.

“Why is that?”

“Because when you want something you always go straight to the big guns.  Tug on the heart strings.  I don’t think I ever told you this.  But do you remember when Aaron Neville sang at the opening of Indigo and I couldn’t hear him.  This was before the implants.”

“Oh yeah.  I do.  And you disappeared.”

“Yeah. I was upset that I couldn’t hear him so I left and went to Crimson Lights.  Of course Dru being Dru, she found me.  I knew what she wanted before she even spoke and I told myself no matter what she said, I wouldn’t give in and go back.  But she brought out the big guns. She said, “If you don’t go back, you will break your father’s heart.”  How could I say no to that?  So I went back and you two had an interpreter there for me.”

“I remember,” Neil said misty eyed. “The signing was just as beautiful as his singing.”

“Yeah, it was.  So, to answer your question, I will accept the job.”

“Thank you son.”

“No thank you. “

“Okay.  Okay. Enough of this sappy talk.  I swear you two are about as bad as Justin. “

“Who is as bad as me,” Justin said as he walked into the office.

“These two here.  Why did it take you so long?  Did they have to grow the coffee beans.”

“I got side tracked by a beautiful woman,” Justin said sitting down.

“A woman? You? What would Donna say,” Chris said is mock horror.

“I am sure she would have something to say.  Living women usually do.  But that blow up doll that you sleep with every night would remain silent.”

They all laughed.

“I am going through a dry spell. But don’t worry.  I vow to have a date for this gala coming up,” Chris said.

“We’ll see,” Neil said.

“Oh, you doubt me,” Chris said.

“For someone who claims to have such skills with the ladies, you are always dining alone,“ Justin said.

“Let’s make a bet. I will have a date.”

“I’ll take you up on that,” Justin said.  “We can work out the particulars later.”

“Okay.  Enough about my cousins pitiful love life. Devon, tell me why you accepted this job.  I really don’t want to guilt you into it,” Neil said.

“Roxy.  I have concluded that she is right. It’s time we married.”

“Are you sure?  You had this plan for your life mapped out,” Neil said concerned.

“And that plan includes Roxy.  What would be the point of me becoming this big music mogul without having Roxy beside me?  I would feel like something was missing. My life would be incomplete without her.”

“I get it son.  I do. And I am going tell you something.  Not a day goes by that I don’t wish for Dru at my side.  Roxy is a good woman. I think you are making the right choice.”

“So do I,” Justin said pensively.

“Don’t start Justin. Just don’t,” Chris said. “I also think you are making a great choice Devon.”

“So, have you picked out a ring yet,” Neil asked.

“No,” Devon said. “But I need to do it as soon as possible.  Roxy broke up with me last night because she didn’t know what I was planning.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it.  She will be fine once you give her the ring,” Chris said.

“That’s the same thing that Tucker said.”

“Devon. A little respect please.  Don’t ever compare me to Tucker,” Chris said.

Devon couldn’t figure out whether he was serious or not. So he went on with the topic.

“Oh, I have some news about Tucker and my mom.  It seems that he is ready to marry her.  He claims to have purchased her an engagement ring.”

Neil sighed loudly, which was just the reaction Devon expected.

Chris smiled, which was not at all the reaction Devon expected.

“I am happy for her,” Justin said.  “She loves the guy.”

“Yes, she does.  I really wish she didn’t though. I just don’t trust him,” Neil said.

“He seemed pretty genuine to me,” Devon said.  “And I want my mom to be happy. Being with him would make her happy.”

“Chris,” Justin said. “You are awfully quiet.  I would think that you would have something to say.”

“I have decided that Dimples should get what she wants. She wants Tucker.  A piss poor choice. But as long as she is happy and he treats her right, I have no complaints,” Chris said.

 

 

Time: Afternoon

Location: Fenmore’s  Offices

Roxy sat her at her desk reading through files when she heard a knock at her door.  She looked up and saw a delivery man standing in the doorway. 

“Yes,” she said.

“I have a delivery for Roxanne Davis.”

“I am Roxanne,” she said as he walked in carrying a small box. 

“Here you are,” he said handing her a box.

“Thanks.”

“Oh, and you have to sign for it.  Sorry that it wasn’t ready on time.  It was supposes to be delivered yesterday but there was an issue with the engraving.”

Engraving, she thought.  Who would be sending her something engraved?  Maybe it was another gift from Chance. Or from her father.

She signed the paper on the clipboard and the delivery man left.  She picked up the card on the box and read it aloud:

Foxy,

Since I can’t be with you at work, here’s a chest full of kisses until I can see you again.

I promise to keep this just as full as my heart is with love for you.

~Devon

As she read the card, he throat became dry.  Whatever this was, he must have bought it before their break up last night.  She opened the box and pulled out a treasure chest about the size of a brick.  It was very delicate and covered in rhinestones.  She opened the chest and it was filled with Hershey’s kisses, which were her favorite candy.  When she saw the candy her, her stomach began to hurt.  This was so like Devon. He always remembered the little things.  When they first began dating, she told him that she would rather have candy than flowers.  Flowers were pretty to look at and they were nice in their own way until they died.  But chocolate was something she could really enjoy.  And from that day forward, he would always bring her chocolate. 

The delivery man had mentioned that the box was engraved.  She emptied the chocolate on her desk and turned the box over.  There in gold script was:

To our future as one

Roxy sat the chest down on her desk.  She walked over and closed her door.  She leaned against it and began to cry. 

 

Location: The Jacob’s House in LA

Callie picked up her phone and dialed her uncle’s number.  He answered on the first ring.

“Hello,” he said.

“Uncle Tuck.”

“Callie Girl, how are you,” he said excitedly.

“Great. And you?”

“Good.”

“First things first, Sophia told me that you divorced Ashley.  What happened?”

“More like Ashley divorced me.  It seems she found someone better.”

“Not possible.  You’re the best man I know.”  Her uncle had his faults but he was a great guy.  And if Ashley didn’t see that then it was her loss.

“You know.  If you were still 10 I would think you were angling for a new pony with that kind of praise,” he said laughing.

“If I were 10, I probably would be.  Seriously, I am sorry about Ashley.”

“I am not sorry at all,” he said.

She knew that tone too.  He had moved on.

“Already Uncle Tuck.  You already have someone new. Unbelievable.” She loved her uncle but she also knew that he was a bit of a player.

“Well, I wouldn’t call her new.”

“Devon’s mother,” she gasped.

“How did you guess,” he said.  She could hear the smile in his voice.

“Tabloids.  But I didn’t really give much credence to them.  Uncle Tuck, I have to warn you.  If you are going to get involved with her, be prepared for it to effect whatever relationship you have with Devon.   You have to be serious with this.  If you mess over her, Devon will never want you to be a part of his life.”

“I know. But I would never disappoint her in that way again. I am in love with her. You need to meet her Callie.  She’s smart, beautiful, feisty, and sweet.  She is such a sweetheart.”

“Wow.  Are you trying to get her to buy you a stable of ponies Uncle Tuck?”

He laughed heartily. “No horses.  Do I sound that bad?”

“Yes.”

“I love her Callie.”

“I can tell.  And does she love you?”

“Yes,” he said.

“You say it so boldly,” she said laughing.

“Well, I am sure.”

“That’s great.  It really is.”

“So tell me.  Are you moving to town with John and his wife? Soph would be so excited.”

“I haven’t decided yet,” she said.

“Well, even if you don’t move. You should visit.  I want you to meet them both.  Devon and Harmony. Then you have to see little Moe.  Pictures don’t do him justice.”

“I’ll bet.  Okay.  I will make plans for a visit soon.”

“Good.”

 

[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/ajsp35801/DrStephenHillsboro.png[/IMG]

 

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Olivia stood off the side waiting for the doctor to finish examining Devon.   She knew he was nervous so she decided to join him for moral support once she heard that the doctor would be here at the hospital to examine him.

“Well, everything looks good. Devon, I think you would be a good candidate for the surgery.”

Olivia walked over and patted Devon’s thigh.  He looked up at her and smiled.

“So when can we do the surgery?”

“Whenever, you’re ready.  I can do it tomorrow if you like.  Or some other time.  But if we don’t do it while I am in town in the next couple of days, you will need to fly out to Denver to get it done.”

“I can’t do it this week.  I have to start my new job. So I will probably fly out next week. Let’s say Wednesday,” Devon said standing.

“Okay.  I will put you in the schedule.”

“Thank you,” Devon said extending his hand.

“No thanks needed,” Dr Hillsboro said.

Devon then turned to her.

“Thank you for coming to be with me Aunt Liv,” he said kissing her on the cheek.

“Uhm hum.  I am just so happy for you.”

“Me too,” he said.  “But I have to go.”

“Okay, be careful.”

“You are such a worrier,” he said as he walked out the door.

She turned back to the doctor.

“Thank you again,” she said. “Our family appreciates this so much.”

“As I told Devon, no thanks are necessary.  However, I was wondering if you had any plans for tonight.  I don’t know anyone in town and have always found it unsatisfying to eat alone. Maybe I could take you to dinner. “

“Oh, I think I would like that,” she said.

 

Location: New Enterprises Offices

Victoria walked into the conference room and said, “Hello boys, did you miss me?”

They both turned towards her and smiled.  But the smile only reached one brother’s eyes.

“Hey, Vick,” Nick said standing and walking towards her.  “Are you back at Newman?”

“I am,” she said as he kissed her cheek.

“Good.  This company needs you.”

“I think we were doing fine without you myself,  but I am glad you’re back,” Adam said

“I bet,” she said looking at Nick.

 “We need someone to go on donut runs,” Adam said.

“I am not going to even dignify that.  So tell me what we are doing.  What’s out next project?”

“Well, Adam here has decided to expand our Safra line with hair products for Black women are going natural.”

“Oh, that is a great idea.  But I do wonder,” she said looking at Adam.

“Wonder what,” he asked.

“Where you got the idea.  It just doesn’t sound authentic.”

“My thoughts exactly Vick,” Nick said.

“What can I say?  I am in the know.”

“Anyway,” Nick said.  “We have a feeler out for a new chemist who already have products developed.  You will remember her.  Tyra Hamilton.”

“Devon’s aunt.”

“Yep, the one and only,” Nick said.

“And your brother here has come up with the idea of her also being the spokesmodel for the products since she uses them herself.”

“I like this,” Victoria said. “But you say feeler.  Which means, she hasn’t accepted yet.”

“No she hasn’t.  I was thinking of speaking to Neil about it if she says no.  Maybe he can talk her into it.”

“That’s a good idea.”

 

Location: Outside of Delia Preschool

Billy was headed to his car with Chloe and Delia.  Both were holding a hand as she swung between them.  She had been the best flower of all the flowers in her school play.  He had decided to take them all out to get something to eat and to his delight, Chloe agreed.  He loved spending time with just the three of them together.  When he was with them, he often regretted the choice he made to divorce Chloe.  To this day, he still didn’t know why he did it.  Well, he did know. Mack. He thought she was the love of his life.  She had been ripped away from him before it got started because they thought that they were related.  Turns out that they weren’t.  And he, like a fool, wanted to recapture that.  He didn’t want to live the rest of his life wondering what could have been.  But he had traded one set of regrets for another.  Because now, he felt the same way about Chloe.  And what was worse was that this time in included Delia.

“So where are going to eat,” he said looking at Chloe.

“How about we let the munchkin here choose,” she said.

“Okay.  Where do you want to-,”

He was cut off by the sound of a woman’s voice close behind them.

“Hello Liam.”

His stomach droped.  The last thing he needed was for Chloe to have his sins thrown in her face.  Of course she knew about the existence of this woman.  But knowing and seeing were two totally different things.

“Chloe, can you take Delia to the car,” he said before he turned around.

Chloe turned as they all faced Chelsea. 

“So is this your daughter.  I hope our baby is girl.  And if she is half way as pretty as her, she will be a knockout.”

“Be quiet,” he said through clenched teeth.  “Chloe, please just go to the car and wait for me.”

“No Billy, I-“

“Sweetheart,” he said slowly.  “This is not the time to go into pitbull mode,” he said pointing down at Delia.

“Fine,” she said walking off.  “Let’s go Delia,” she said aloud.  Then he heard her mumble, “apparently we are too delicate to hear this conversation.”

“Don’t ever approach me when I am with my family,” Billy said when Chloe and Delia were out of range to hear him.

“Your family?  I thought that you were married to Victoria Newman?”

“I am. But it’s not your business.”

“Since my baby and I will soon be a part of your family.  I think it is my business.”

“You know what.  I think we should do a DNA test on the baby as soon as possible.”

“When the baby is born-“

“No,” he said cutting her off.  “Let’s do this now.”

“If you insist,” she said.  She took out a piece of paper and wrote her number on it.  “Contact me and just let me know where.”

Billy was surprised at how quickly she agreed.  But he still wasn’t going to take anything she said at face value.

“I will call you,” he turned and walked away.

 

Location: Dr. Taylor Hayes Office in LA

After Tyra received the job offer from Newman Enterprises, she was at a lost.  So she did what she had been doing the last few years when she felt this way.  She called her therapist for an emergency session. 

“Tyra, I think this job offer is just the catalyst you need to force you to face people that you have been avoiding.  Don’t you think that it is time to face up to your mistakes?  Start the healing process with your family? You’ve been dodging them for a while now,” Dr. Hayes said.

“I know.  But the embarrassment over the choices I made is just as strong now as ever.”

“I thought that we had worked through this.”

“We did.” 

She was just still feeling guilty over it, she thought.  She felt that she had done to Devon what had been done to her.  It didn’t matter that he was an adult when it happened.

“Okay then.  You know that those choices were a direct result to what happened to you as a child.  Your associating any loving male relationship to your molestation is normal.  You were trained to think it has to be sexual.  You understand this right?”

“Yes.  I get it.”

“Okay.  If you sit down with your family and explain it all, they will understand.  And if they don’t, then at least you will have tried.”

“Okay.  I will call my sister.  Start with her.”

“I asked you this before.  Your aunt’s husband.  Do you think that he molested anyone else in the family?  From what you have told me about how things happened, I think he may have.  Your sister may also have been one of his victims.  Her chronic drug abuse is one of the signs.”

“I don’t know,” Tyra said.

“Either way, I think it is a conversation that you two need to have.”

“I will call her tonight.  No matter how hard it is.”

“And tell her that you are taking the job and moving to town,” the doctor asked.

“And tell her that I am moving to town and taking the job.”

“Good.  I will also find a therapist there for you.  So you can continue your sessions.”

“Thank you Dr. Hayes.  I appreciate everything that you have done for me.”

“I am happy to help. You have come so far Tyra.  I want to see you continue to be strong.  Live the life that you want to have.”

 

Episode 13, Part 2 by Diva58

Episode 13, Part 2

Time: Evening

Location: Gloworm

Tucker sat at the bar in Gloworm drinking a glass of scotch.  He had a few women, including Gloria, come up to him in an effort to get his attention.  But he just wasn’t interested.  He wanted Harmony. But it seemed she wasn’t speaking to him just yet.  He had called her earlier but she didn’t answer and didn’t call him back.

“Hi there,” another lady said as she sat down beside him. 

This one was pretty and looked familiar.   She reminded him of his Songbird. Same beautiful skin color and riotous curls. She was a little skinnier though.  But if he squint his eyes, maybe he wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

“Hey darlin,” he said in return.  “Can I get you a drink?”

She smiled and said, “Thanks, a Riesling wine please.” 

He noticed that she didn’t have the same deep dimples as his Songbird.  And her lips were fuller too.  But it wasn’t something a few more glasses of scotch couldn’t take care of.

He tapped the bar with his finger, “Bartender, a Riesling wine for the lady and another scotch for me. Make it a double.”

“My name’s Tucker,” he said introducing himself to her. 

“Leslie Michealson,” she said in return.

Now he knew why she seemed so familiar.  She was a hotshot lawyer.   A real pit bull if he remembered correctly.  But he had softened more than one hardened woman before.

“So tell me now.  Why would a woman as stunning as you be here all alone,” he asked smiling.

“Was that a pick up line Tucker,” she asked laughing softly. 

“No. Just an honest question.”

“I bet,” she said smiling.

“You know what I think,” he asked leaning closer to her.  “We should get a table and I can buy you dinner.”

“Well I never make a habit of turning down dinner from a handsome man”

“Now that’s what I want to here.”

“Bartender, can you let the hostess know that we would like a table,” Tucker said as she smiled at him.

 

Location: The Jacob’s House in LA

John had just finished packing for his flight tomorrow.  He hated being parted from his family for any reason.  The next couple of days would be torture.  But he would just have to deal with it until they met him in Genoa City.  At first he thought that Pam was faking her happiness in moving.  Just putting on a brave face for him.  But now it seemed that she was genuinely happy and excited about this new adventure.

“Pam,” he said as she walked out of the bathroom in a robe.

She had just taken a shower and the steam had curled her hair.  She looked so young.  They really had no clue how old she really was nor the date of her birthday.  But in true Pamela form, she had chosen an age far younger than the doctors estimated for her. 

“Johnny,” she said in a sexy whisper.

He loved that whisper.  And he knew what that whisper meant.  She was in the mood to make love.  He stayed in the mood but he didn’t want to harass her with his sexual appetites.  So he generally let her set the time and places that they were romantic. 

He walked over to her and pulled her into his arms and kissed her softly on the lips. He trailed his lips from her mouth across her jaw to whisper in her ear. 

“I am going to miss you,” he said.

“I am going to miss you too,” she said raising her arms to place them around his neck.  “But we will be there before you know it.  Speaking of which, we are going to have to find Callie and date for this gala.  She doesn’t want to go, but I promise you that she is going.”

“Pam, if she doesn’t want to go we can’t force her.”

Of course, when he said this he knew that it would mean that he probably wasn’t going to get any tonight.  He should have kept his mouth shut.  But sometimes, he just couldn’t resist the urge to rein her in.  She seemed to think that there was nothing that she didn’t want that she couldn’t get. 

She looked at him and rolled her eyes. 

“Trust me John.  It’s for her own good.”

“How do you-“

“Because I know. Okay,” she said cutting him off.

“Okay.  Well you do whatever you need to do.  But can you please just leave me out of it.”

“Gladly,” she said pulling out of his arms.

As she walked over to her dresser in a huff, he heard her mumble, “I will make sure you stay out of a lot of things.”

She took off her robe and let it fall.  She was completely naked underneath. She bent over to pull out a drawer and he got immediately aroused.  He slowly walked towards her.  Just when he got a foot away he reached his hand out to rub her firm butt.  Before he could reach his destination, she straightened up and turned around briskly.  He wondered if she was teasing him.  Knowing her, probably so.

“Yes, Johnny,” she said innocently.

He looked down at her hand and she held a long sleeve flannel pajama set.

“You’re not wearing that to bed I know.”

“I certainly am,” she said stepping into the pants.

“But it’s my last night here.”

“Somehow that should effect what I wear to bed?  I don’t see how.”

“Pam.”  She was so exasperating sometimes. But so damned sexy with it.

“James,” she said back.

“So tell me what I need to do to help you with Callie?  To make you wear absolutely nothing to bed,” he said reaching out to cup a firm breast in his hand.  He ran his thumb over the nipple and watched her eyes soften into smoky passionate stare.

“Nothing.  I will handle it,” she said hoarsely.  “But the offer is more than enough.”  She pushed the pants past her hips and stepped out of them.  “Make love to me Johnny.”

He picked her up and carried her to the bed. He lay her down on it and lifted her legs up so that they were bent at the knee and pushed back.

“You’re beautiful.  Every inch of you,” he said. He had every intention of arousing her slowly and thoroughly making love with her tonight.  But looking at her now, he could see her juices coating her folds. He lifted one hand and rubbed the tips of his fingers from her clitoris to her opening. “I see you are ready for me.”

“Yes I am.  So what are you going to do about it?”

“The same thing I always do.  Make you come.”

 

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Olivia sat with Stephen on a couch in the common area at the Club.  It was very crowded so they had to wait for a table to become available. Stephen had suggested they have drinks to start them off and she agreed.  She needed to relax after a stressful day.  And her dinner date was very entertaining.  He had just finished telling some story about medical school that had her giggling like school girl. She took another sip of her wine and noticed Jack across with room.  He was leaning against the bar facing them.

She smiled at him and waved.  He walked over slowly with his hands in his pocket.  As he approached, she noticed that he wasn’t wearing his normal smile.  His face was red and twisted into a very severe scowl.  She knew that look.  He was upset about something.  He had probably had a run in with Victor today.

“Excuse me,” she said to Stephen as she stood up right as Jack reached the couch.

“Hi Jack,” she said.

“Hello beautiful,” he said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes as he dipped his head and kissed her cheek.  He straightened up and looked down her body slowly. “You look radiant.  As usual.” 

And just like that, he had taken her to that same place he did last night with just a look. Her nipples were tingling.  This sensations that Jack was able to elicit from her were unsettling. Especially since it just came out of nowhere.  She still hadn’t had time to process all that it meant.

He then looked to Stephen and said, “Introduce me to your date?”

It was something about how he stressed the word date that got her attention.  

“Jack, this is Dr Stephen Hillsboro,” she said as Stephen stood up beside her.  “ Stephen, this is Jack Abbot.” 

The two men shook hands. 

“So, how long have you two known each other,” Jack asked Olivia.

“Oh.  Not long.  We just met today.  He is going to do surgery on Devon.  Hopefully restore most of his hearing,” she said smiling at Stephen.

“I will do my best,” Stephen said.

“I am sure you will.  Stephen here is the pioneer of groundbreaking research that has been giving miracles to people that has suffered hearing loss.  He -”

“Olivia, can I speak to you in private for a moment?  Maybe we could step outside,” Jack interrupted.  

Olivia was surprised  at his outburst because it wasn’t like Jack to be rude to her.

“Okay,” she said. “Stephen, I will be back in a moment.  Order another glass of wine for me?”

“Of course.”

“Thanks.”

 

Location: Lily Winters House

Roxy sat on the couch beside Lily eating Chinese food and watching an old movie.  This was their first time spending time together since she got back in town.  She was trying to figure out how to tell her than she had broken up with Devon.  She and Lily were best friends.  As close as sisters.  But Devon was Lily’s actual brother and loved him very much. They may joke around a lot and call each other out when they got a chance but a person would be foolish to mistake that for anything other than what it was.  Lily would do anything for Devon and usually thought he could do no wrong.  Especially when he was wrong.  Lily was always the last to admit it.

“Lily, I have something to tell you.”

“Sounds forboding. But go ahead anyway.”

“So I know you know me well enough to know that I moved back here for a reason.”

“I do know that,” Lily said with a smile.

“And I am sure you know what that reason is.”

“Yes.  Two words.  Devon. Marriage.”

“I guess everyone could read me but Devon.”

“What?  He didn’t guess that,” she asked shocked.

“No,” she said.  Her voice sounded sad to her own ears. “He didn’t.”

“Well, you do know that men are usually very dense.  Very dense. And Devon is no exception. So have you spoken to him about it?”

“Yes.”

“And?”

“And he said that he wasn’t ready.”

“Oh.  I am so sorry,” Lily said. “But did he say what was holding him back.”

“He said that he wanted to get his career on track first.”

“Ugh,” Lily said in disgust. “That is such a lame excuse. But I do understand where he is coming from.”

Roxy wasn’t surprised that Lily would understand Devon.  She always understood Devon. 

“Not surprised,” she said smirking at Lily.  “Anyways, I have decided that it is time we saw other people.  I broke up with him last night.”

“No,” Lily said sliding over and enveloping Roxy in a hug. “No wonder you seem so down.”

“Yeah. I am hurt,” she said pulling out of Lily’s embrace.  “But I refuse to cry anymore.  I will move on from this. From him.”

“I don’t believe that Devon would choose his career over you.  I will talk to him.”

“No. Please no.  Don’t Lily.  I just want to make a clean break.”

“Well girl.  I hate to tell you this but that is totally not going to happen.  Look at how many times I tried to break away from Cane.  It took death for it to happen.”

“Well you two had kids.  That’s different.”

“No.  We loved each other.  And you and Devon love each other. And if you think that it will be easy to just move on from him to some other guy…,” Lily said leaving the sentence hanging.

 

Location:  The Colonnade Room

Chris sat at the bar with Justin and Neil having drinks.  When he looked up and saw Nate walk in holding hands with a beautiful young woman. 

“Hey. Hey. Look who is walking through the door with a dime on his arm,” Chris said.

Both Justin and Neil looked towards the door as Nate spotted them at the bar.  He gestured towards them and whispered something to her.  She looked their way and smiled.  That smile made her even more beautiful.

They headed their way and Chris, Justin, and Neil stood in anticipation of their arrival.

“Hello all, this is Tamara Davis. Tamara this is my uncle Neil.”

Neil smiled and nodded his headed.

“My cousin Chris.”

“Hello there,” Chris said reaching out his hand to shake hands with her.

“And my cousin Justin.”

“The pleasure is all mine,” Justin said kissing her hand.

“Hello,” she said in a confident voice.

“Davis?  Any relation to Roxy,” Neil asked.

“Yes.  She’s my sister.”

So this was the girl who Devon, Lily, and Roxy were always joking with Nate about.  The one that he had a thing for that everyone knew about it.

“I thought you lived in New York.  Are you here just for a visit? Decided to spare my nephew a few minutes before you go back,” Neil said smiling.

“No,” she said.  “I have moved back,” she said smiling up at Nathan who looked back at her with a pleasure written all over his face. 

It was obvious why they teased him.  He seemed smitten with her.

“Looks like someone is pleased with that,” Justin said looking at Nate.

“I hope so,” she said looking at Nate too.

“Very pleased,” Nathan said.

“If you all would excuse me, I need to go to the ladies room,” she said looking at them. Then she turned to Nate.  “Nathan,” she said dropping her voice a level. “I will be right back.” Then she kissed him on the corner of his mouth, turned, and walked away.

They all watched her until she turned the corner to the bathroom.

“Nathan,” Justin said mocking her tone. “She’s impressive baby doc.”

“Very impressive,” Neil said.

“It just amazes me that you and Devon can get these fine ass women.  But then we, seasoned and attractive men, are sitting here at the bar eating together.  Someone tell me what is wrong with this picture.” Chris said.

“Well your problem is you set your sites on a woman that you had no chance with,” Justin said.

“Oh I had more than a chance,” Chris said. “Believe that.  However, I won’t even go into your problem.”

“Nephew, tell me about Ms Davis. Is it serious?”

“When I can get this issue at the hospital settled, I plan on making her Mrs Nathan Winters.”

“Well well. Both Winters boys are ready to settle down,” Chris said.

“I thought Devon said he wasn’t ready,” Nate asked.

“It seems he has changed his mind,” Neil said.

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Harmony sat in her room thinking about all the things that Katherine had said about her and Tucker.  She concluded that she was right.  Tucker wasn’t perfect and would never be perfect.  And if she wanted him she would have to accept this.  She had come a long way from that young woman she used to be. From the woman she was last year even.  She could handle Tucker.  And more importantly, she could handle herself with Tucker. She had been waiting on him to mess up.  Looking for a reason to not be with him. And, of course, he had given it to her.   If she wanted to be with Tucker.  She was going to have to fight for him.  And that meant dealing with his drama. And that also meant dealing with his resentment over their past and the choices she made. 

Her phone rang and disturbed her thoughts. She answered it without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello,” she said.

“Hi,” she heard a soft voice say on the other end and throat went dry.

“Tyra,” she said.

“Yes, it’s me Yolanda.”

She hadn’t spoken to Tyra in years.  She admitted that she was avoiding doing so. Her selfishness had all but destroyed her sister’s life.

“How are you?”

“I am great. And I hear that you are doing well. You don’t know how happy it makes me to hear that.”

“Thank you,” Harmony said.  She assumed that she had heard about her from Anna.

“Well, I just wanted to let you know that I will be moving to Genoa City.  I have a job as head chemist with Newman Cosmetics.”

“Wow.  That’s wonderful.” Harmony wasn’t surprised at Tyra’s success. As a little girl she was always very bright.  There was no telling where Tyra would be right now if she hadn’t burdened her with Anna at such a young age.

“I just wanted to clear the air before I came.  See if we could put our past behind us. Make a fresh start as sisters.”

“You know.  I would like that. I know that I haven’t always been the model big sister.  But I would like to be given a chance to change that.”

“I do remember a time when you were,” Tyra said.

Harmony felt herself tearing up.  She knew that Tyra was referring to their childhood and how she used to follow her around wanting to be just like her.  But Harmony’s drug use had destroyed that.

“I think we all have made mistakes,” Tyra continued.  “I just want to put that in the past and move forward to a place of healing.  I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

Location: Glow worm

Katherine walked into Gloworm to pick up a brownie for Delia.  She went directly to the bar and placed her order.  She turned around and the first person she noticed was Tucker sitting in a booth next to a young, pretty woman.  He was leaning in whispering in her ear while the lady blushed.  On closer inspection, she realized it was Leslie Michealson.  She didn’t know what Tucker was playing at but she decided to go over and find out.

He noticed her right before she reached the booth.

“Mother,” Tucker said.

“Tucker.  Hello Leslie,” she said.

“Hello Mrs Chancellor.”

“I didn’t know you two were acquainted,” Kay said.

“Oh, we just met tonight while sitting at the bar,” Leslie replied with a smile.

“I see. Leslie, would you mind if I spoke to my son alone?”

“Of course not.  I am just going to go to the restroom.  Excuse me,” she said rising and walking away.

Kay sat down across from Tucker and just looked at him.

“Yes?”

“I was just wondering what you were doing here with this girl?”

“Having dinner.”

“And trying to have more from the looks of it.”

“We’re both adults.”

“So, what if this gets back to Harmony. You know how small this town is.”

“Harmony is ignoring me.”

“So does that mean you have the right to go out and fall into bed with the first willing body?  Do you think Harmony would agree to that?  Especially since it is so obvious that you chose a younger version of her to do it with.”

His eyes narrowed.

“What?  Don’t tell me the resemblance escaped you.  No, it didn’t.  I am sure that is the reason you chose her.”

“Okay, so I would rather be with Harmony. And Leslie looks like her.”

“No amount of scotch will make Leslie the one you want. Don’t do this to yourself.  Don’t cheat yourself out of this opportunity with Harmony.”

“I thought that you didn’t want us together.  But now you are playing matchmaker.”

“Tucker, you love her.  Harmony loves you. Don’t let your pride and ego ruin that by crossing a line in which you cannot go back.”

At that moment, Leslie walked up to the table. Tucker stood and said, “Leslie, it was nice meeting you.  But I have an early morning so I need to head home.  Thanks for the company.”

“It was a pleasant evening,” Leslie said.

“Good night,” Tucker said to Leslie.

“Goodnight mother,” he said to her and walked out the restaurant.

 

 

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Jack walked behind Olivia watching her hips sway and feeling hurt.  He thought that they were dating exclusively.  But it seemed he was wrong.  She was here with some godlike doctor. Smiling, drinking wine, and exuding charm, grace, and beauty.  A charm, grace, and beauty that was supposed to be reserved for him.  He had always been a jealous of any man she was with.  But now, it seemed his jealousy was magnified tenfold.  When he had first spotted her sitting with someone, he didn’t think much of it.  But then he saw the way the doctor looked at her.  And he knew that look because it was the same way he looked at her.  Of course it didn’t help that it had taken her almost 10 minutes to notice his presence.

“So, what’s going on Jack,” she said stopping and sitting down demurely on the park bench. “I noticed that you seem upset.  Did something happen with Jabot?”

“No,” he said stopping a few inches from her so that she would have to tilt her had back to look into his eyes.  Her hands were folded in her lap and her feet were crossed at the ankles.  On some women, this pose would look frigid but on her it was sexy.

“Okay, then what?”

“Are you on a date with this guy,” he said in a rough voice.

“Excuse me,” she said with a shocked expression.

“Are you on a date with this guy,” he said slowly enunciating every word with a slight pause in between them.

“Is that why you seem upset,” she asked innocently.

“That is exactly why I am upset.”

She didn’t respond but just stared at him with those coffee colored, doe shaped eyes. 

“I thought that you agreed to date me seriously.”

“I did Jack.”

“So what does serious mean to you?”

“It means that I will seriously consider being with you.”

“No sweetheart. It means that you are already with me and there should be no dates with anyone else.”

“Oh,” she smiled broadly. “It seems that we have a different definition for certain terms. I didn’t know that I wasn’t supposed to date anyone else.”

He breathed a sigh of relief.  So, she wasn’t backing out on their agreement.  She just didn’t know what the agreement meant.  He sat down beside her on the bench.  She turned her body towards him.

“So,” he said putting his arm behind her on the bench.  “Will you tell this guy that you can’t stay and have dinner with him?  And that you can’t go out with him again.”

“Jack, I don’t think that is necessary,” she said with a light laugh.  “Besides, it is rude.”

“Oh,” he said dropping his voice to a whisper and leaning closer to her. “You don’t want to hurt his feelings.  I see.”

He then reached out his hand and cupped her face.  He rubbed his thumb over her bottom lip.

“So you care more about hurting his feelings than you do for hurting the feelings of your boyfriend,” he continued in the same whisper.

Her eyes softened as she smiled.

“Boyfriend,” she said softly.

“Well, I prefer the term fiancée but I know you don’t want that yet.  So boyfriend will have to suffice for now.”

“Jack,” she sighed and stared into his eyes. He could feel her lips tremble beneath his thumb.

“Yes, sweetheart.”

“Why don’t you just join us for dinner?”

“And have to sit through hours of him undressing you with his eyes and not call him on it. No. “

Jack’s days of having to endure that kind of torture with Olivia and another man were over.

She sighed again.  He wanted to kiss her so badly but he needed to make sure they had an understanding first.

“Okay,” she said shaking her head slightly.

“Good,” he said as he lowered his head and touched his lips to hers. 

 

Time: Late Evening

 

Location: Tamara Davis’ Apartment

Nate sat on the couch in Tammy’s apartment waiting for her to come back from the kitchen with the water he had requested. As usual, they had a great time together.

“Here you are,” she said passing him the bottle of water and sitting down close beside him on the couch with her feet curled beneath her.

She had been all over him all night.  He was accustomed to her heavy flirting, but there seemed to be something extra added to it now.  Not that he was complaining at all.  He just wondered what was different for her. 

She leaned her head on his shoulder and curled her left hand around his bicep.  She raised her right hand and began rubbing his chest.

“Tamara, what’s going on with you,” he said smiling.

“Going on,” she asked.

“Something is different for you with this thing between us.  I can feel it.  Tell me,” he said.

“Nothing is different,” she said.

“Really, I don’t remember you ever being all over me like this before.”

“You don’t like it,” she said lifting her head and stopping the hand that was rubbing his chest.

“Hell yeah I like it. I love it actually. But just wondering why.”

“I guess you aren’t going to let this line of questioning go are you.”

“Not until I get an answer.”

“Okay. Fine Nathan. I have always liked you.  Been attracted to you.  It’s just that we were a plane ride away.  I didn’t want to set either one of us up for the heartache,” she said.  Then added softly, “I cared about you too much.”

“That’s the reason why I have been chasing you for 3 years and seemingly getting nowhere. You didn’t want to do long distance.” 

He couldn’t believe it.  There were times when he thought he was wasting his time.  But it seems he wasn’t.

“Who says that you were getting nowhere?  I am here aren’t I,” she asked.

“You are here,” he said sitting up slightly on the couch so that she would raise her head and look him in the face.  She loosened her grip on his arm and he pulled it free.  He turned towards her and wrapped one arm around her shoulders and the other around her waist.  He pulled her even closer to him and she lay her head on his chest. “In my arms, where you belong,” he continued. 

They sat that way for a few minutes, then she said, “Now it’s your turn.  What is going on with you?”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re distracted.”

“I’m sorry,” he said as he rubbed his hand slowly up and down her spine.  “Have I been inattentive?”

“If it were another man, I would say no.  But by your standard, I can tell that you are preoccupied.”

He didn’t want to tell her about what was going on at the hospital but since he was sure she would find out anyway, he decided to just confide in her.

“I have been put on leave at the hospital.”

“Why,” she said as she began to rub his chest again.

“Because a patient died from a common disease. Which means that the death could have been prevented. They think I was negligent.”

“You weren’t.”

“How can you be so sure?  There are times lately that I have begun to doubt myself.  I have played it over and over again in my head.  Maybe they are right. Maybe I didn’t follow the procedure.”

She lifted her head and looked him in the eyes.

“Because I know you Nathan.  You are a very thorough person.  And you love being a doctor.  There is no way you would overlook the obvious. Especially when it comes to someone else’s life. So yes, I can be sure,” she finished with a smile.

“Thank you,” he said.  “Thank you for having faith in me.”

“No thanks necessary,” she said tilting her head up to kiss on that same spot on the side of his mouth that she had been kissing for the past three years. But this time, he twisted his head so that her lips met his full on.

He pressed lightly testing for a few seconds.  Then more firmly. He wanted to taste her so badly but she kept her mouth closed.

He pulled back slightly.  Just enough so he could whisper against her lips, “Let me in baby. Open your mouth.”

When he pressed his lips back to hers she titled her head and opened her mouth. 

He pushed his tongue inside and rubbed his tongue against hers. She raised her arms and wrapped them around his neck.

“Mmm,” she moaned into his mouth. 

Her kiss felt as glorious as he knew it would. As glorious as he had dreamed it would.

He broke the kiss again and trailed his lips across her jaw and down to her neck.  He could see her pulse beat at the base. He licked the spot once then twice.  Then he sucked on it lightly.

“Nathan,” she moaned.

He raised his head to look down at her upturned face.  Her eyes were closed, her nostrils flaired, and her lips were slightly parted.  She never looked more beautiful. He had told Devon that he wasn’t in love with her.  But looking at her now and being with her now, he wasn’t so sure about that.

“You’re beautiful you know that,” he said as he kissed her softly on the lips and raised his head to look at her again. She opened her eyes to look at him.

“Thank you,” she said breathlessly.

He kissed her softly again and pushed his tongue into her mouth to rub against hers once before breaking the kiss.

“You taste beautiful too,” he said.

She laughed lightly and asked in a soft tone, “How does one taste beautiful.”

“I don’t know how but your lips managed to achieve it. I wonder if the rest of you taste as beautiful.”

She gave him a knowing sexy smile. “I couldn’t say.  Maybe you should taste the rest of me and find out.”

He stared into in her eyes and saw what she meant. And every cell in his body screamed with delight. 

“Tamara, do you want to take this to your bedroom,” he asked tentatively. 

“Yes,” she said.

 

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club Room 204

Justin was checking his e-mail when he saw Donna’s name in the list.  He opened the e-mail and it read:

Here are a few family pictures.  I keep my promises.  ALL of my promises.

Donna Barber

He opened each picture one by one to savor it.  There were pictures of Rosie alone.  Then pictures of her with Donna and then some with Marcus. 

Justin missed his family. But he knew that this was where he needed to be.

Donna’s double meaning in her short message did not escape him.  He hoped that she was working on herself. However, he was still unwilling to wait or settle.

 

 

Location: Tamara Davis’ Apartment

Tamara dimmed the lights in her bedroom as she walked through the door.  There is no way that she would make love to Nathan for the first time in the dark.  She didn’t want to miss an inch of his body.  She hadn’t even thought about allowing him to be with her like this when they got back from dinner, but now that moment was upon her she knew it was right.  They had spent so much time together over the past three years. Many evenings alone.  Then when they were in different cities, just talking on the phone.  But this was the first time that they had ever even kissed.  She always wondered what held him back.  What kept him from making a move. Not that she would have slept with him but his self-control always fascinated her. Well really, everything about him was fascinating she admitted to herself.  But she was glad that he never tried anything because she had not been ready for him.

She stopped by the bed and turned around to face him.  The gleam in his eyes gave her pause.  She knew he wanted her.  Had always known that.  But there was something else there. And it made her feel beautiful.  And powerful to know that she could affect him this way.

“Can I undress you,” he asked in a husky tone that made her clitoris throb even more than it already was.

“Yes,” she said.

He unzipped her dress and watched it fall to the ground. He looked down at her body.  She was wearing a pink bra and matching thong.

He walked around her to stand behind her and she heard him catch his breath.

“You’re so beautiful, I am almost afraid to touch you,” he said.

“I won’t break or disappear Nathan. Besides, I like when you touch me.”

She felt him lightly touch the back of her upper thighs and rub his hands slowly over her butt to her lower back and up her spine.   He brushed her hair from her back and over her shoulder to hang to one side. He then used both hands to release her bra strap and let it fall to the floor.

He walked back around her and stood in front again.

“Tamara, Tamara,” he said shaking his head in disbelief.  “You’re even more lovely than I thought.  Do you know how many times I have imagined seeing you like this?” He lifted one hand to cup her breast not covered by her hair. He slowly rubbed his thumb across the nipple. “Imagined touching you like this?”

His voice and his praise were taking her to place she had never been.  And that place being close to climaxing with the barest stimulation.

“Nathan,” she moaned.

“So you feel it too huh,” he asked in a deep voice.  “I swear I am about to explode and the only thing I have done is look at you.”

“Yes I feel it,” she said.

He picked her up and laid her in the middle of the bed.  She watched as he took off his shoes, socks, shirt, and pants.

And he was just as fine as she thought he was.  He had a well-defined chest and flat abs. There was no fat on his body at all.  She didn’t know when he had the time, but he obviously worked out regularly.

He took something out of his wallet and lay it on it on her nightstand.  She assumed it was protection.

He walked to the foot of the bed and grabbed both her ankles.  He slowly pulled her down so that her butt was at the edge of the bed.  Her stomach fluttered and her inner walls clenched.  He rested her ankles on his shoulders and hooked his finger around the waistband of her panties and began to pull them off slowly.

“You do know what this means Tamara,” he asked.

“Yes,” she said panting softly.

“Once we do this, there is no going back to things being the way they were,” he said pulling her panties from her legs and throwing them on the floor.

“I know.”

“I am in this for keeps,” he said kneeling on the floor between her legs and placing them over his shoulders. “Are you sure you want this,” he said using his fingers to open her folds to bare her clitoris. “Are you sure you want me,” he asked as his breath blew against it and caused shivers throughout her body.

She looked down and locked eyes with his for a second. He was waiting for her response. 

“Nathan, of course I want you. I have always wanted you.”

He gently and slowly licked her clitoris while holding the folds open with is fingers.  He rubbed his free hand over her stomach up to her breast to rub the nipple between thumb and finger.  She felt herself on the edge. When he increased the pace of his licks and squeezed her nipple, she fell over.

“Nathan,” she screamed as she came harder than she had ever come in her life. He slowed down the pace of his licks and rubbed her nipple lightly, drawing out the orgasm for her.

When it was over she lay limp.   He kissed her clitoris and took her legs from his shoulder to let hang over the side of the bed.

He stood and walked towards the nightstand. “Can you slide back up on the pillows for me,” he asked.

She didn’t think she had the energy to move.  “Nathan, I can’t move right now. I don’t have the energy.”

He chuckled lightly and she looked over at him.  He had pulled off his underwear and was putting on a condom. Her jaw dropped.

His feet weren’t that damn big, she thought.  She would have never guessed he would be so well endowed.

“Come on now beautiful. Wake up.  We’re just getting started,” he said lifting her up and placing her on the pillows.

He climbed atop of her and settled between her legs. He kissed her on the lips and when she opened her mouth he plunged his tongue inside.  She sucked on his tongue and he moaned into her mouth.

He broke the kiss then dipped his head to take her right nipple into her mouth and sucked on it.  Then he held it between his teeth bit down lightly as he flicked his tongue across the tip.  Her inner walls clenched.

“Nathan, please,” she begged and shocked her own ears.  She had never sounded so desperate in her life.

“I love the way you say my name,” he said on a growl.  He lifted up on his knees between her legs then placed each leg on his shoulders.  He lowered himself back down with a hand on each side of her head and looked her in the eyes.  Once again she saw something there that she had not seen before tonight.  “Guide me in baby. Place me where you want me to be.”

She reached down between their bodies and grabbed him firmly.  She rubbed her hand up and down his length.

“Mmm,” he moaned.

Once again, she marveled at the size of him.  Part of her was a little intimidated. She placed him at her opening and he slowly entered her.

“Mmm, you’re so tight,” he said.

“No Nathan, you’re just very big,” she said closing her eyes at the wonderful sensation of him filling her. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

Once he was fully inside her he stopped and her body responded by involuntarily softly clenching and unclenching around him. She was once again on the verge. She could feel her orgasm building.

“Tamara, open your eyes,” he said.

She complied and met his.  He stared at her for a few seconds as if he was searching for something then said in hoarse whisper, “I am in love with you.”

And she shattered. “Nathan,” she screamed as she came harder than she did the first time.  If it hadn’t happened, she wouldn’t have thought it possible.  She couldn’t respond if she wanted too as her muscles clamped down tightly on him.

He grunted and fell down atop her. They both panted in an effort to catch their breath. He lifted back up on his arms and looked down at her.

“Now see what you did.  You made me come before I was ready,” he said playfully.

“Sorry,” she said smiling weakly. 

He kissed her deeply then pulled out of her.  He rose and went to the bathroom.  She heard the toilet flush.  She turned to see him walk back into the room and was shocked.  He was still sporting the largest erection she had ever seen.

He walked to the nightstand and got another condom. He put in on climbed back into bed and in between her legs.  He propped himself up on his elbows and kissed her leisurely. 

“Roll over for me,” he asked.

“Okay,” she said.

He lifted his body up and she rolled over onto her stomach.  He kissed her shoulder and trailed his lips over to her middle of her back.  He kissed her there.  Then trailed his lips over to her other shoulder and kissed it.  He leaned down and whispered into her ear, “Hands and knees for me.” 

She pushed back on her hands.  As she rose to her knee, he also rose behind her never breaking contact between his pelvis and her butt.

He position himself at her opening and pushed in slowly.

“Ahhh,” she screamed at him being inside of her again.

“Am I hurting you,” he asked.

“No.  It feels good.”

“Good,” he said as he began slow controlled thrusts. With each thrust she could feel her muscles clenching as he rubbed his hand up and down her spine.

“I wish you could see yourself right now. See how beautiful you are,” he said.

He leaned forward and grabbed her hair with one hand. He wrapped it around his hand.

“I love you hair,” he said pulling on it slightly as he continued his slow thrusting. The slight tug caused her to throw her head back and put a deep arch in her back.  Which forced him to thrust deeper inside of her.

“Nathan,” she screamed.

“Come here,” he said pulling on it harder. She raised up on her knees with her legs wide apart.

She placed her hands around the back of his neck as he continued thrusting in her.  He rubbed his hands from her sides around to the front of her stomach. His right hand when down to rub her clitoris, while his left hand went up to cup he breast and rub her nipple with his thumb.

And once again, she found herself on the edge.

“You feel so good sweetheart.  Tell me that you’re mine,” he growled.

“I’m yours,” she moaned

“Tell me you love me,” he demanded as he pinched her nipple and her clitoris at the same time.

“I love you Nathan,” she said without thinking as she came again.

“I love you too,” he said as he came along with her.

 

 

Time: Late Night

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Tucker  was sitting outside the Chancellor Mansion weighing his options.  He had lay in his bed earlier tossing, turning, and thinking.  He couldn’t get comfortable no matter how hard he tried.  And he couldn’t stop thinking about Harmony no matter how hard he tried. This feeling of being uneasy in his own domain was a new affliction.  It started after he spent the night with his Songbird and had been getting progressively worse with each passing night.   He told Devon today that he needed to do something drastic.  And he did because he was starting to feel desperate.  And desperation was a feeling he did not like. To his surprise, Devon didn’t question him about what he would do.  Possibly because he was feeling desperate himself.

His desperation had almost caused him to make a mistake earlier.  He was glad that Katherine had showed up to talk some sense in him when she did.  He was somewhat surprised that she was pulling for them.  He figured that it was more for Harmony’s sake than for himself.  Which didn’t bother him at all.  He liked the thought of her being close with Katherine.  He liked that they got along.

So after about an hour of trying to go to sleep to no avail, Tucker had gotten in his car to go for a drive in hopes that he could clear his head.  He ended up at his mother’s house.

He wanted to go in to see his Songbird but he was afraid they would get into a shouting match again and he didn’t want them to be interrupted by his mother like they were last night.  He wanted to resolve things so she would not be here with his mother.  So she would be with him, in his bed, where she belonged.

Tucker decided that calling her would be a better option although she had ignored him all day long.   He picked up his phone and dialed her number and hoped this was the one time today that she would answer.

“Hello,” she answered quietly.  Almost in a whisper.  When he heard her voice his heart beat faster.

“Songbird,” he said softly in a tone that matched hers. “How are you feeling?”

“I feel great.  How are you?”

“Not so great.  Tired but I couldn’t sleep. I’m missing you. So I went for a drive.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be.  I’m not. I would give up sleep all together if it meant being with you. ”

There was silence on the line for a few seconds.  He was wondering whether they had gotten disconnected when he heard her voice.

“You said you went for a drive.  And you’re tired.  That wasn’t a good idea. Where are you,” she asked. 

He could hear the concern in her voice. He was almost ashamed to tell her.

 “I am sitting outside my mother’s house,” he said on a light laugh. 

“Mick,” she said then sighed.

“I know it’s late.  I won’t press you to see me. I was just driving and somehow I ended up here.  I’ll just go home.”   And he meant that. He would go home if he had to go.  It was late and she needed her rest.  He didn’t want her back into the hospital because of him.

“No, you’re tired.  I don’t want you driving if you’re tired.  It’s dangerous baby.” 

His heart leapt at the endearment.  Was she inviting him in?  He held his breath waiting on her next statement.

“Why don’t you just come in and stay here with me? I am sure Kay wouldn’t mind.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. I am sure.  I will be down to let you in. Don’t ring the bell though.  I don’t want to wake everyone up.”

“Okay, see you in a bit.” 

“Okay,” she said as she hung up the phone.

Tucker couldn’t help but feel smug.  For all Harmony’s protesting last night about not seeing him anymore, she couldn’t walk away any more than he could.  He wasn’t surprised that she invited him in. It’s the reason he was there. Her love for him was evident. He knew he shouldn’t take advantage like this by setting her up, but he wanted to be near her.

 

 

Harmony got out of bed and put on the matching robe to her short satin gown.  She went down stairs and looked through the peep hole.  When she saw Tucker she opened the door and he slid through.  She closed the door and locked it. 

It was dark so she really couldn’t see Tucker’s face.  She grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers.  At his touch she felt the same familiar flutter in her stomach that she had felt in his presence since they met.  She pulled on his hand to get him to follow her up stairs. 

She opened the door to her room and walked in.  Once they were both inside, she closed the door.  She dropped his hand and walked over to her bed and turned on the lamp on her night stand.  The room was bathed in a soft light.

Then she turned to Tucker who was leaning back against the door with his arms folded staring at her.  He was dressed in jeans and a leather jacket.  His clothes reminded her so much of their past.  And the look in his eyes made her catch her breath.  They were filled with longing and love.  She knew her eyes mirrored his.  For she loved this man beyond all reason.

She reached out her right hand and he immediately walked to her. He grasped her hand in his and looked into her eyes.

She tugged her hand away and unzipped his jacket. She slid it off his shoulders and threw it onto the chair by her bed. She pulled his shirt over his head next and also threw it onto the chair.  She got down to the ground on both knees with her butt resting on her feet and untied his shoes.   He stepped out of them both and she pushed them under the edge of the bed.

She then rose upright while still on her knees. She unbuckled his belt.  Then unbutton and unzipped his pants.

“Mmmm,” he moaned softly with his hands clenched at his side. While still holding the zipper, she looked up at him and saw a sexy gleam in his eyes. It didn’t take long to dawn on her why.  She was in the perfect position to take him into her mouth.  She knew that he was already aroused being that she could feel his erection against her knuckles.

She licked her lips involuntarily and noticed his eyes lower to look at them. She felt herself getting aroused in return.  She broke eye contact in an effort to finish her task.  She debated with herself. Should she give him what he was silently asking her for with his eyes? She pulled his pants down and he stepped out.  She also threw them into the chair.

She looked back up at him.  He reached out one hand and ran his pointer finger over her lips. She sighed which caused her lips to part slightly.  He took the opportunity to push his finger slowly into her mouth.  There was just enough room so that her teeth grazed his finger.  She closed her eyes while he pulled it out even slower as she curled her tongue around it and she sucked.  He stopped right at the opening of her lips.  When he did so, she couldn’t stop herself from licking the tip of his finger by curling the tip of her tongue over and over again in a slow rhythm.

“Damn,” he whispered.

As much as she wanted to feel him in her mouth, she felt like he didn’t deserve such special treatment from her.  Not after the stunt he pulled at the hospital nor after trying to place the blame on her for their past.  Tucker would have to learn that his actions had consequences. So instead of listening to the pleas of her body and releasing him from his underwear, she pulled her mouth from his finger.

“No,” he asked astonished.

“No.” She didn’t have to question him.  She knew what he was asking.

“Punishment?”

“Consequences to actions,” she answered in a tone that let him know it was not debatable.

She then stood, turned off the light, took off her robe, and pulled back the covers on the bed.  She got in and slid over making room for him.  He got in beside her and pulled her into is arms. He had one hand behind his head as he lay on his back staring at the ceiling and the other around her shoulders.  She rested her head on one side of his chest as she repeatedly rubbed from his chest to stomach with her hand.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

“I know.”

“I need you with me Songbird.”

“I realize that now.”

 

 

Episode 14 by Diva58

 

Episode 14

Time: Next day, Morning

Location: Jacobs House in LA

Pamela stood at the door saying bye to John.

“So do you have everything you need,” she asked.

“I think so.  But it doesn’t matter.  It all will be there on Friday,” he said lifting his hands to her waist.

“That’s true,” she said placing her hands on his shoulders.

“I guess I better get going.  I don’t want to miss my flight.  I have a meeting at 11.  My flight will arrive just in time for it.”

“Okay,” she said leaning in and kissing him softly on the lips.  She broke the kiss and whispered against his lips, “I’m going to miss you.”

“I love you Pam,” he said.

“I love you too,” she said stepping back from his hands.  He picked up his carryon luggage and walked out the door.

As soon as the door closed Pam opened her phone and dialed the number she had stolen from John’s phone the night before.

“Hello, Bell Communications.,” she heard a masculine voice say.

“Yes, this is Pamela.  The fiancée of your System Architect.  I am sure that you are aware that he is arriving this morning. “

“Yes ma’am.  I am aware.”

“Great. I will also be arriving prior to this weekend and I have a slight issue that has come up.  I was told that your owner/CEO would handle all our relocation personally.  I was wondering if you could put me through to him.”

“I’m sorry ma’am.  But all his calls must go through his secretary. I can connect you to her. “

“That would be great.”

“Can you hold please while I connect you?”

After a few minutes, she heard a feminine voice say, “Hello Pamela, this is Sherri.  I heard that you were having a problem.  Can you tell me what it is so that I can better help you?”

“Well, as you know, John and I have a 4 years old son.  We have a live in nanny but she will also be accompanying us to the gala Saturday night.  So I am sure you can guess the problem.  We will need a sitter.  I was hoping that the CEO could recommend someone to us?”

“I understand.  I can compile a list of possibly sitters for you this afternoon. That will give you time to speak with each one.”

“Yes, but it wouldn’t give me time to thoroughly get to know them.  Do you have any children Sherri?”

“No. I have not been blessed with any children.”

“Okay then.  So this list will not include anyone that you know personally.  That is unacceptable. One just can’t leave their children with anyone these days.  You understand, I am sure.”

“I do understand.  But, I am not sure this is an issue that can’t be handled without bothering Mr. Winters.”

Winters, Pamela thought.  The name sounded very familiar.  Did she know anyone named Winters?  Maybe in her past. Before her accident.  She wasn’t sure.

“Sherri.  Dear. Mr. Winters promised to handle any issues we had in moving personally.  This is an issue. I am expecting him to solve it to my satisfaction. I would hate to tell my husband that I don’t want this move after all.”

“Mr. Winters is not in yet.  But I will transfer you to our President.”

“Thanks Sherri.”

 

Location: Lily Winters House

Lily sat on the couch with Abby listen to her rambling on and on about Dru and how she worked at Jabot.  She didn’t know whether she was building up to something or was just there looking for Devon.  Lily was aware of her crush on him.  She wondered if Abby knew about his break up with Roxy and was there to see if she would tell her anything.  Of course, it was juvenile. But Abby was oftentimes juvenile.

“Yes, Abby.  I know my mother’s role at Jabot.”

“Okay then.  So, I have a job offer for you.”

“Job offer?”

“Yes.  We need a spokesmodel for these new products geared toward black women.  We are extending the Tuvia line.  Mom agrees that you would be a great fit.  It’s your legacy after all.”

“Wow, I am honored that you would think of me. But I will have to say no.”

“No. Why?”

“Abby, I vowed this year that I would finish my education. I just registered for school.  I have one more semester left and the term starts tomorrow.  If you can wait the 4 months it will take for me to finish that up then I would be delighted to do it.”

“I know this may sound selfish, but can’t you do both?”

“Maybe if I didn’t have the twins.  Yeah.  But with them.  I don’t think so.  Being spokesmodel will require traveling.  There is no way I can pull it off.  Sorry.  I can’t do it.”

“I can’t say that I am not disappointed.  But I totally get it.”

“I wouldn’t mind consulting though.  But being the full out spokemodel.  I just can’t right now.”

“Consulting would be great too.  I will talk to mom about it.”

Lily knew she was being a little bitch for what she was about to do, but Abby needed to be reminded sometimes that she couldn’t always have her way.

“Why don’t you ask Roxy?  She’s smart, beautiful, well educated, and well spoken.  I think she would make a perfect spokesmodel for the new products.”

“Hhhhm, I will give that some thought.  Well, I have to go,” she said standing.  “Thanks for hearing me out.”

“Thanks for stopping by.”

 

Location: Cold Winter Records Studio

Nate sat in Devon’s studio listening to his latest track.  He tried to concentrate but his mind kept drifting back to Tamara.  He didn’t necessarily believe in being in love.  He always thought that he would have a marriage of convenience where the relationship was mutually beneficial to both parties. But Tamara had changed all that because he was definitely in love with her. He checked his phone to see if she had responded to his text about meeting for lunch at his apartment.

“Nate,” he heard Devon say in a raised voice.

“Yeah.”

“What is going on with you today?  You have been daydreaming off and on since you got here.  Is it the stuff at the hospital?”

“No. Not that. It’s Tamara,” he said.  He felt himself blush and hoped Devon didn’t notice.

“Tammy.  What about her?”

“I’m in love with her man.”

“Oooohhh.  She finally gave you the goodies,” Devon said smiling. “Congratulations buddy.”

“What makes you think that?”

“Because you are daydreaming, blushing, and spouting off about love when just 4 days ago you said you weren’t in love with her.  The only thing I know that could make a man flip like that is really good pussy,” Devon said smirking.

“You must mean a man like you.  Someone who has only been with 3 women. “

“Whatever Nate,” Devon said dropping his smile. “I don’t need to sleep with a lot of woman to know a good one when I see her. Roxy is perfect.”

“Okay.  I’m just saying.  I have had plenty of pussy.  Some of it good.  Some of it not so good.  But some of it was great. And I never fell in love with any of it. So no, I wouldn’t be persuaded by that.”

“Uhm hum,” Devon said. “So why now?”

“I don’t know.  We were talking last night and the thought just popped into my head.  After thinking about it, I realized it was true.  I think I was just waiting for her to be ready.”

“Wait.  So Tammy is ready.  After 3 years, she is now finally ready.”

“She said that she was holding off because she didn’t want to do long distance.  She thought that it wouldn’t end well.  She cared about me too much for that.”

“Really,” Devon said skeptically.

“Yes really,” Nate said. 

“Well I am happy for you.  Tammy is a great girl. A little too feisty at times.  But still a great girl. ”

“Yeah. She is.”

“Do you think she’s in love with you too?”

“She said she was.”

“What?  Tamara Davis said she loved you,” Devon said shocked.  He seemed even more surprised by her admission than Nate’s.

“Yes. Is that so unbelievable?”

“Are you sure you didn’t sleep with her?”

“I told you.  It has nothing to do with sex,” Nate said getting exasperated. Devon was starting to piss him off.  As if it was so hard to believe that their love wasn’t about sex.

“Okay. Okay.  Well, I am happy for you man. It’s about time that you settle down with one woman.  By the way, I was just messing with you.  Although I was wondering how long it would take you to admit to loving her.  I figured that out a while ago.  So I think you might be the last to know.  There is no way a man would chase behind a woman the way you did with her if he wasn’t in love.”

“Nah.  I’m just secure.  That’s all. And she is worth it.”

 

Location:  Glow worm

Chloe spotted Tammy sitting at a table.  She was looking off in space with this worried look.  Chloe rushed over concerned. Not only because of the panicky call that she had received early this morning, but also because the look was simply not Tammy.  She never really let anything get to her. 

“Tammy,” she said as she approached.  Tammy stood to embrace her.

“Chloe. Thanks for coming,” Tammy said frantically.

“Of course I came.  When your best friend calls sounding frazzled and says that she needs to talk.  You come.  What is going on chick?  This is just not you,” she said as they both sat down across from each other.

Tammy sighed. “I am dangling from a cliff by a fingernail and I need you to rescue me.  To pull me up to safety before I completely lose myself.”

“What happened?  Tell me what’s going on,” Chloe said concerned. 

“So you know I had a date last night with Nathan, right?”

Chloe looked at Tammy and noticed that certain glow to her skin.  There was only one reason for that.

“Oh my god,” Chloe said with a pause between each word. “You slept with Nate.”

“Yes,” Tammy said. “And been avoiding him all morning.”

“So, how was it,” Chloe asked excitedly.

“It was the best I have ever had girl. The best,” Tammy said with eyes wide.

“Nate.  Boring Nate,” Chloe said. 

“First of all, Nathan is not boring.  He is dependable okay.  There is a difference.”

“Okay. Dependable then. Just don’t get sidetracked. Back to the topic.”

“Yes.  Dependable and,” Tammy said pausing a few seconds.  “Blessed,” she finished raising her eyebrows.

“Noooooo.  How blessed?”

“Indescribably blessed.” 

“Nate,” Chloe asked.

“Intimidatingly blessed.”

“Your Nate?”

“Yes girl. My Nathan.”

“His feet aren’t even that big,” Chloe said.

“That’s the exact same thing I said to myself when I saw him,” Tammy said as they both laughed. 

“Tammy.  I don’t see the problem here.  You have this great guy.  A dependable guy,” she said smiling and stressing the word dependable.  “Who has been touched by God.  Whom you have had the best sex of your life with.  Who wants you.  Who likes you.”

“Correction.  Loves me,” Tammy said.

“What,” Chloe said shocked.

“Nathan says he loves me.”

“You must have really rocked his world Tam,” Chloe said laughing softly.

“No. I didn’t.  At least I don’t think so,” she said thoughtfully.  “He was very much in control of the entire experience from beginning to end.”

“Hhhmm.  That’s interesting.  Never would have thought that either. But then again, he usually does get lots of attention from women.  I thought it was because he was a doctor. But I guess there is another reason,” she said laughing.  “But still, why are you so upset about him telling you this.  The guy has chased you for 3 years.  Surely you knew that the possibility was there.”

“Because Chloe, after my third, or was it the fourth, orgasm, I told him I loved him too. I am not sure which because I lost count.”

“Whoa,” Chloe said.

“Tell me about it.  So now, I need you to talk some sense into me.  You know how I feel about the idea of love.”

“Oh my god,” Chloe said again.

“I mean really girl.  You know that I do not do love.  It is so overrated. Nothing good ever comes of anyone being in love. And especially telling a man you are in love with him.”

“Oh my god,” Chloe said for the third time.  She couldn’t believe it.  Tammy had told someone she loved them. And not just anyone.  Nate. The guy she had put in a glass box and sat on a shelf for three years.  Her emergency dick. 

“Is that all you can say?”                                         

“I have to ask. Is it true? Do you love him?”

“Yes. Maybe. I don’t know.”

“Hmmm,” Chloe said.

“Yes. I do okay. But whatever. That is not the point.  I shouldn’t have told him.  When men think you love them that is when they start to take you for granted. “

Chloe couldn’t argue with that.  Look at her and Billy. Her and Chance.  Then her and Kevin.  They were all about her until she let them know she felt the same.

“Well, you know I tend to agree with you about that.  But this is Nate here.  I doubt if he changes how he treats you,” Chloe said.

“Chance,” Tammy threw out.  

She didn’t have to say anymore because Chloe knew what she meant.

“That’s totally different.  I mean Nate is a bit of a boy scout too.  But Chance was a virgin so I think it was inevitable that he get curious about other women.  Nate definitely doesn’t sound like a virgin.  From the way you talk about last night, I think he has had his share of sex already.”

“True. But Nathan is a man. A very good man,” Tammy said smiling to herself.  “But a man all the same.”

Chloe looked at Tammy and that smile.  Her friend had done everything the right way.  Unlike herself, Tammy always made the practical choice.  She always led with her head.  Never the heart.  This was one time that Chloe wanted her to be impractical.

“Listen Tam, here is what I think.  Just give it a chance.  You don’t need me to pull you up.  Let go and just fall.  One of us deserves a happily ever after.  Clearly, my time has passed.  It probably won’t happen for me. But you have a chance here at the real thing with Nate.  I say go for it.”

“You think so.  Don’t you ever tell anyone this but I am a little scared.”

“What,” Chloe said with a smile. “Tamara Davis is fearless.  That’s one of the first things I learned about her.”

Tammy smiled in return.

 

Location: Bell Communications

Chris was in his office going over his schedule for the day when his phone rung.

“Hello,” he said.

“Chris.  This is Sherri.  I have John Jacobs’ fiancée on the line and she is threatening to cancel the move here if she doesn’t speak with someone about a sitter for her son.”

“Really,” Chris said. “Put her through.”

This should be interesting Chris thought.  The woman sounded like a real diva.

After a few seconds he heard a cultured voice say, “Hello.” 

The voice sounded familiar.

“This is Chris, the president of Bell.  How can I assist you?”

“Well, as I am sure the secretary informed you of my issue.  However, I don’t mind repeating it.  Since Bell wants John in attendance at this gala, we will need a sitter for Saturday night.”

“Oh. I’d be happy to help.  Bell is a family friendly company.  Our CEO has an infant son and small grandchildren.  They all use the same sitter.  I am sure that it would be no hardship at all to add your son to her charge. How old is he?”

“Thank you.  I think that will work.  He just turned 4.”

“That’s a great age. There is a set of twins that are almost 2 and a baby that is 6 months.  How about I give you the number to his wife.”

“Thank you Chris,” she said.  He listed the number for her.

“You’re very helpful.   Do you have children?”

“No.  I haven’t been that fortunate.”

“Maybe it will still happen. Do you have a wife or partner?”

“No.  I am single.”

“Really? I know this is prying but, do you have a date for the gala?”

This woman was very nosy, Chris thought.  But he didn’t mind at all.

“No. I do not. Do you have someone in mind,” he asked teasing her.

“As a matter of fact I do.  She is the live in nanny for my son.  A really sweet person.  She is single and won’t know anyone in Genoa City.  She will need an escort.”

Chris gave this real thought.  He was leery of any woman who was touted as a sweet person.  This generally meant unattractive with a heart of gold.  But he did have his bet with Justin to think about. And this was just one night.  He wouldn’t have to marry the woman.

“I’d be delighted,” he said.

“So, let me give you her number,” she said.  Chris wrote the number down.

“Her name is Calista. And thank you Chris.  You have been most helpful.”

“Anytime.”

When Chris hung up the phone he picked up his cell and sent Sophia a text that said:

Our System architect needs a sitter for Saturday night.  Expect a call from his fiancée soon to discuss arrangements.

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Sophia was just finishing up her breakfast with Neil.  She sat silently waiting for him to bring out the annulment papers for them to sign.  But Neil had not mentioned them once.  He seemed content with idle, mundane conversation.  It was starting to grate on her nerves.

“How was your breakfast,” he asked.

“Fine Neil.”

“So what other plans to do have for the day,” he asked. 

She was saved from having to answer when she received a text. 

“Excuse me.  This could be important.”

She read the message.  It was from Chris.

“It seems your new System Architect will need a sitter for the gala Saturday night. His fiancée should be calling me about it.”

“Oh. Speaking of the gala.  I was wondering if you wanted to attend with me.  I know that we are no longer together but we are still friends.  Right,” he said.

“Yeah.  We are friends.  And sure.  I’d love to attend with you.”

“Thanks.  You’re doing me a great favor.  Maybe being seen with such a beauty like you at a big time event will boost my status around here,” he said with a smile.

She laughed then said, “Neil, I know that you are stalling.  Trust me.  I am fine with our annulment.  Moses will be fine too.”

“I know. It’s hard to go to being a weekend dad after having him every night.”

“He will be down stairs.  You can come by and see him anytime you choose.  I promise, I won’t stand in the way.”

“I know that,” he said.  He picked up his briefcase and took out the papers.  He passed them to her.  Just as she reached for her pen, her phone rang.

“I think this might be the fiancée.  I need to answer this. Hello,” she said.

“Good day. May I speak with Sophia?”

“This is Sophia.”

“Hello.  This is Pamela.  The fiancé of John Jacobs.  I was told that you would be expecting my call.”

“Yes.  So you need a sitter for Saturday I hear.  Well, we generally use the same sitter.  We have done all the necessary background checks and have known her for 2 years.  I trust her.”

“This is good news.  I was beginning to despair that we wouldn’t find anyone acceptable.”

“Oh I understand exactly how you feel.  You can’t just leave your child with anyone.  Let me give you her number so that you can speak to her and get comfortable with the idea.”

“Thank you so much,” she said. 

Sophia relayed the information then said, “If you have any other questions, just give me a call.”

“Thank you.”

“So what we will do is bring the children to one of our respective houses and have her watch them there.”

“I like that idea better than it being in her home.”

“Oh, I totally understand.  I will let you know what we decide.”

“Thank you. I will give the lady a call today.”

“Trust me.  You won’t be disappointed.”

“Okay.  Thanks again.”

“Uhm hum. Bye.”

“Thanks Sophia. I appreciate you handling that,” Neil said.

“It’s a mother thang,” she said laughing.

She picked up the papers and signed them feeling happy to be free.

 

 

Location: Lily Winters House

Trevor stood outside of Lily’s house waiting for her to open the door.  He had been out of town the last couple of days on a case he was working on.   He had arrived back late last night and had wanted to see her then but he decided to wait.  She wasn’t just some booty call that he could pop up at her house at random times of the night.  He respected her.  Besides, she had children too.   They had spoken over the phone so often the past couple of days.  They had talked about anything and everything.  He had told her about his biological mother dying of cancer when he was 9 years old, his step mother and father, and how they met. And she had spoken about her own cancer story and mother who had died in a freak accident a few years ago.   The more they had talked, the closer he felt to her. 

She opened the door and smiled at him.

“You’re back,” she said.

“Yes, I’m back.  And I brought you, Charlie, and Maddie breakfast,” he said holding up a bag as he walked in.

“Thank you.  That was thoughtful. Why don’t I go into the kitchen and get plates,” she said turning to leave.

With his free hand he grabbed her hand and pulled her roughly to his body.  He released her hand and wrapped his arm around her waist to hold her tightly against him.

“So are you just going to act like nothing has changed,” he said looking down at her upturned face.

“What do you mean,” she said.

“Meaning, that I didn’t get a kiss or a hug or anything,” he said looking into her eyes.  Such expressive eyes, he thought.

She lifted her hands to his shoulders and slid them slowly around his neck. He lowered his head and their lips connected.  He licked the seam of her lips and she opened her mouth.  He pushed his tongue inside and rubbed it against hers.  She tasted sweet. And innocent. So innocent, he thought.  He decided to end their kiss before it became something that he didn’t think that she was ready for. He slowly pulled his lips from hers.

“That was nice,” he said.

“It was nice,” she said blushing.

“Where are Charlie and Maddie,” he asked.

“They are gated in their room,” she said stepping out of his embrace.

“Oh no, not the jail,” he said laughing. “How about you fix the food and I release them from captivity?”

“Okay,” she said taking the bag from him. “The second room on the left.”

Trevor walked down the hall and didn’t have to guess which door.  Both Charlie and Maddie were standing at the gate.  They were such beautiful children.

“Hey guys,” he said smiling down at them. Charlie smiled in return as Maddie extended her hands to be picked up. 

He picked her up and she leaned her head on his shoulder. His heart melted at the gesture.  He opened the gate and Charlie came running out and headed in the direction of the living room.  Trevor followed him.

They found Lily setting plates on the table. 

“Hey look at who I found,” he said approaching her.

“Look at you two.  I think that she has crush on you,” she said reaching for Maddie.  Obviously Maddie was not ready to leave his arms because she pulled back from Lily and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Can you believe this girl,” Lily said jokingly. “After all I went through to have her.  She abandons me for a handsome face.”

“So you think I am handsome,” he asked.

“Are you fishing for compliments?”

“Yes.”

“I’m sure you have plenty of women complimenting you.”

“I don’t care about plenty of women.  I only care what you think.” And it was true.  He found that he didn’t want to date anyone but her.

“That remains to be seen,” she said.

“Oh, did I tell you.  My father is arriving today.  And my mother is coming Friday. I am so excited.”

“I am sure you are. I am excited for you.”

“So, I would love for you three to meet them.”

“Of course,” she said.  “I would be honored.”

 “Great. Now let’s eat before our food gets cold”

 “If Maddie will release you long enough.”

 

Location: Cold Winter Records Studio

Devon was happy for Nate.  It seems that things were coming together for him.  He just wished things would come together for himself and Roxy.

“So, Nate.  I accepted a job offer from my dad.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.  You are looking at the new president of the family’s new productions company.”

“That’s great.  It’s still in line with what you want to do with your life.  And I am sure it comes with a big salary. “

“It does.”

“And a ring for Roxy I hear.”

“Yes. You know.  When my mother collapsed at church it kinda reminded me of what is important.”

“I feel you on that.”

“How about this though.  Roxy broke up with me last night before I could even buy her a ring. She has no clue that things are different.”

“Ah,” Nate said waving his hand. “When you give her the ring, that argument will be water under the bridge.”

“That’s what everyone keeps telling me. And I hope it’s true.  But she and Tammy have one thing in common if nothing else.   Stubbornness.  Look at how she strung you along for 3 years for no real reason. And Roxy says she wants to see other people. “

“Nah.  I doubt that.  She loves you.  She just thinks that you won’t give her what she wants so she is forcing herself to attempt to move on. Just get her a ring. It will be fine.”

“I had planned on going ring shopping today. Do you want to come? Help me pick it out.”

“Yeah.  I need to pick out one for Tamara anyway. But I will hold off on asking her.  Give you a chance to patch things up with Roxy first.  Because if I don’t, it will be that much harder for you.”

“Thanks cous.”

“No problem. I have waited 3 years.  I can wait a little while longer.”

“You sure,” Devon asked skeptically.  Nate seemed very patient for a man newly in love who wasn’t getting any.

“Yeah.  By the way, I did sleep with Tamara last night,” he said with a grin.

“You are such a liar,” Devon said laughing. “I knew it.  Was it worth the wait?”

“Hell yeah. If I had to, I would wait 3 more years. ”

“That good?”

“It was that damn good,” Nate said as his phone beeped.  He read the text and smiled broadly. It was from Tamara and stated:

I will see you then

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Tucker sat at a table eating omelet thinking about whether he wanted to go through with his plans for Bell or not.  He had made progress with his Songbird and Devon.  He wasn’t sure how either one would take him buying into Bell. Devon, more than likely, would understand it was just business.  But Harmony would take it personally.  And she would be right.  The only reason he had set this all in motion was because of her. He had been wrong about that.  Yet, he really didn’t feel the need to back out now that he knew the truth.  McCall still needed Bell and this was the way to get it.

He looked up as he saw Sophia approach.  She sat down across from him and said,” Morning Tucker.”

“I see you have found your vibrancy again?”

“Yes. I just signed annulment papers.”

“Good for you.”

“Tucker, we really need to discuss some alternatives to Bell.  I have a list of companies that might-“

“We don’t need to do that,” he interrupted. “You are looking at the new partner for Bell.”

“What,” she said shocked.

“They took out a loan and I bought the debt.”

She sighed deeply and Tucker knew what was coming.

“This is not a good idea Tucker.  How do you think Devon will take this?”

“It’s business.”

“Really,” she asked skeptically.  “Or is this the Tucker can’t stand to lose thing.”

“Both.”

“Harmony won’t take this well either.  For some reason, she and Neil have this loyalty to each other.  I don’t know why.  But it’s there.”

Tucker acknowledged the truth in that and he didn’t like it.  He had also noticed how loyal Harmony was to Neil and Chris.   And how protective of her that both cousins seemed to be. 

“I appreciate you looking out for me.  You know that.  But I can handle this.  Don’t worry about me.”

“It’s not you I am worried about,” she said.  “I will see you at the office.”

 

Time: Mid- Morning

Location:  Bell Communications

John sat in a meeting with Neil and Chris Winters discussing new ideas.  He had noticed Chris secretary Harmony fidgeting in her seat a few times.  He was sure she had something she wanted to say but probably felt like it wasn’t her place.  John disagreed with that.  He had found that the best ideas came from the least expected places.

“Harmony,” John said. “If you have an idea, please let us know.”

She looked at Neil, who smiled at her in return.

“Well, when I was working at Restless Style, I noticed that we would have a hard time keeping track of assets.  Like which equipment was being used and which conference rooms were being booked.  And I have noticed a similar problem here.  I know that Microsoft Office has certain features but it is not very user friendly and it is only for conference rooms.  It doesn’t do asset management.  I did some research when I was trying to get Billy to update the office and there is scheduling software available.  But it’s not real time and it’s not online either. And certainly nothing that can be accessed via a smart phone with an App.”

“I like this idea,” John said.  And she was right.  There was nothing out there like this that he was aware.

“So do you think it is worthwhile to pursue,” Chris said.

“I think so.  I can create a preliminary development schedule today and have the conceptual design by the end of the week.”

“Are you sure about that,” Chris asked.

“Yes, it’s more than enough time.”

“Well, let’s get working on it then,” Neil said.

John rose from his seat to leave.

“John, by the way.  I had the pleasure of speaking to your fiancée this morning.  I hope she is satisfied with the sitter.”

“Sitter,” John asked.

“Yes.  She wanted a sitter for your son for Saturday night.  And a date for your nanny.”

John smiled and said, “I am sure that she got both.  Pamela can be very persuasive.  She usually gets what she wants.”

“I can tell,” Chris said. “If you don’t mind me asking, how did you two meet?”

It was a long story. One that Chris did not feel like telling right now. He had found over the last couple of years that people would often wonder about him and Pamela.  They wanted to know how someone like him was able to get with a woman like her.  He wasn’t unattractive.  He knew that.  But he wasn’t very outgoing nor was he a snazzy dresser.  And Pamela was both these things.  When he told the story, people had a tendency to think that he took advantage of her isolation in the hospital and her amnesia to forge a bond with her.  And there was just enough truth to that to make him leery of telling the story too often. Especially to these two.  Successful black men like Chris and Neil were the worst when it came to questioning his relationship with Pam.

“That’s a story for another day.  I had better go and get to work,” John said with an edge to his voice and walked out.

 

Location:  JKrupp’s Jewelry

Devon and Nathan both looked at the engagement rings as the associate waited for them to make a choice.

“So many choices,” Nate said.

“Yeah, but I think I see the one,” Devon said. “Can I see that one?”

The associate opened the case a pulled out the ring.  “Nice choice sir.  It’s classic and elegant.”

“This is it.  What do you think Nate?”

“Well Roxy is a classic beauty and she is very elegant.  I think it looks like something she would wear.”

“Yeah,” he said as Nathan walked off to look in another case.

“Can I also get those earrings,” Devon said to the associate.

“Of course. She’ll love those, I’m sure.”

 

 

Devon walked over to Nate.

“You don’t see anything at all you like?”

“Yes, I do. I like this bracelet. Tamara looks ravishing in pink.”

“As long as I have known Tammy, I have never seen her in anything pink.”

“Well I have,” Nate said smiling to himself. “And trust me, she looked very sexy in it too.”

“Can I see this bracelet,” he said to the associate.

“Of course sir,” he said taking it out.

“It’s nice,” Devon said.

“I think so too.  And I think she would love it.”

“If you like that, we do have a ring that compliments it really nicely.”

The sales associate went to another counter and pulled out a ring.  He brought it back and Nathan smiled.

“Wow, it’s pretty. I like the three stones too.  It took me three years to win this woman. I think it is fitting.”

 

 

Location:  Jabot Cosmetics

Ashley sat in Jack’s office with him and Abby discussing her new products.

“Bad news mom.  Lily has declined being the spokesmodel.  But she would like to consult.”

“Oh no.  Really.  Why did she decline,” Ashley asked.

“She wants to finish her degree and school starts soon.  She says that she just can’t do it all right now.  But school will be over in 4 months so she would be available then.”

“We can’t wait that long.  I think that we better think of someone else,” Ashley said.

“Maybe we should just advertise,” Jack said.

“We could, I suppose.  But I’d rather it be someone we know.  Oh, I have another idea.  What about Roxanne,” Ashley said.

“Mom.  No.”

“Why not? She’s pretty.  She knows advertising and –“

“No,” Abby said cutting Ashley off.

“I think Roxanne would be a good candidate,” Jack said.

“Uncle Jack.  No.”

“Why are you so against this Abby,” Jack said.

“Because Abby here has a little crush on Devon.”

“What? This is business.  And in business you have to put all your personal feelings aside. So you will go to her and ask her.”

“But-“

“Not buts.  Ask her,” Jack said.

 

Location:  Fenmore’s Offices

Chance stopped in the door to Roxy’s office and just watched her.  She was so beautiful.  He wondered if she was aware of just how beautiful.  He knocked on the door and she looked up.

“Hello,” she said with smile.

“Hi.  I just happened to be in the building. Thought I’d stop by and see you.”

“Just happened to be in the building,” she said smiling. “Hhhmm.  That sounds suspect.  But come in and sit down anyway.”

“Okay.  I was looking for you,” he said sitting down in the chair in front of her desk.

“So, how have you been?  We haven’t spoken since our lunch,” he said.

“I’ve been good and really busy,” she said.

But she didn’t sound like she had been good at all and he doubted she had been that busy.

“You don’t sound good,” he said smiling. “Is something wrong?”

“Well, you could say that.  I broke up with Devon.”

“I’m sorry,” he said.  He wasn’t sorry at all.  He was happy about it actually.

“Don’t be.  I think we were just in two different places.”

“Well then.  I am happy for you.  You really can do better than waiting on some guy to decide to be with you.”

“Yes,” she said sadly.  “I know.”

“You know what I think.  You need to get out and have some fun.  Forget about him and just enjoy yourself.”

“You’re right. I do.”

“Good. So, let me take you out to dinner tonight. It’ll be fun.  And there will be no talk about he whom shall not be named.”

She laughed and said, “Okay.”

“Great.  I’ll pick you up at 730.  Text me the address to your house,” he said standing and walking out.

 

Location:  Bell Communications

Neil looked at Chris who was smiling at John’s retreating back.

“I must have struck a nerve,” Chris said.

“I think how he met his fiancée is a touchy subject,” Harmony said.

“It seems so.  Maybe they met on the internet.  He seems just the kind of guy to do that,” Neil said.

“No.  I think it is because his wife is Black.  And I bet she is a real beauty. He’s probably threatened by me.”

“His wife his Black? Never would have guessed that. What makes you think that she is a looker,” Neil said.

“You should have heard her on the phone.  Her voice was oddly familiar which is interesting.  But beyond that she seemed to be used to getting her way.  Like she doesn’t hear no very often.  Only the truly fine women have that kind of confidence.”

“Oh really,” Harmony said rolling her eyes. “I don’t think confidence has much to do with looks at all.”

“So says the prettiest woman in this building,” Chris said winking at her.

She blushed and looked down at her notes.

“And who might just be the smartest too,” Neil said smiling at her. “Thanks for the ideas.  I knew that hiring you was a great idea.

“You two are really stroking my ego today,” Harmony said laughing.  “Well, I think that we will get to see his fiancée soon enough.  She will be in town Friday and at the gala.”

“Oh by the way, Justin owes me money.  I have a date with John’s nanny, whom his fiancée has described as a sweet person,” Chris said.

“Uh oh,” Neil said.

“What’s so wrong with that,” Harmony said.

“Because sweet girl is code for unattractive,” Neil said. “Why did you agree to it?”

“Have you ever known me to be able to tell a beautiful woman no.  And trust me, this Pamela is a beauty.”

“You guys are something else.  But I have work to do so I will leave you to your boy talk,” Harmony said standing and walking out.

“Cous, if you don’t believe me, I will call her back so you can hear her voice,” Chris said to Neil. "She called to speak with you anyway.  I only got the opportunity because you weren't in yet. Call her Neil."

“Not necessary,” Neil said laughing. “And please, when she does arrive, do not flirt with her no matter how fine she is.  It will only piss John off.  We can’t afford to alienate him right now.”

“I would never do that Neil,” Chris said in mock disgust.

“Harmony. Tucker.”

“I do not flirt with Harmony to piss off Tucker.  I flirt with her because I like her.  And Tucker doesn’t deserve her. So if he gets his underroos in a bunch, then all the better. That guy is just all wrong for her. He is such a short little weasel.”

“Oh, I totally agree.”

 

Time: Lunch

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Olivia was sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch when her son walked in and sat down in front of her.  She had expected him to be still upset about being on administrative leave but he seemed happy.

“You seem unexpectedly happy,” she said.

“That’s because I am happy.”

“Really,” she said slowly.

“Yes.  Okay so. There’s this girl that I want you to meet.”

She was pleasantly surprised.  She didn’t know anything for sure but she had heard rumors around the hospital about her son seeing many women. She had never seen him with any of them so she took it with a grain of salt even though he seemed very popular with the nurses.

“This is surprising,” she said smiling.

“Why?”

“Because as long as I have known you and known that you were interested in girls, you have never wanted me to meet any of them.”

“Well Tamara is different.”

“Tamara?  Why does this name sound familiar?”

“She’s Roxy’s sister.”

“Ah.  The young lady that Lily and Devon have been teasing you about for years now?”

“Yes,” he said looking uncomfortable.

“The one that lives in New York.”

“She’s moved back now.”

“Yes, I knew she was in town because I saw her at Delia’s party. At least I assumed that was her.  I didn’t get a chance to meet her though.  She’s very pretty.”

“Yeah, she is.”

“So tell me son, why is it important that I meet her?”

“Because I want to marry her.”

These were the words she had been waiting to hear for years now.

“Awe,” she said standing up and extending her hands to Nate for a hug.  He stood and embraced her. “My son is ready to get married. I am so excited about this.”  She released him and sat back down. “So, have you bought a ring yet? Have you asked her?”

“Slow down.  I haven’t asked her.  But I did get the ring.”

“Can I see it?”

“Mom, I wanted Tamara to be the first to see it.”

“I understand. I’m so excited. But does she know about what’s going on at the hospital?”

“Yes.”

“And?”

“She says that there is no way I made a mistake.  I am too thorough for that.”

“I love this girl already.”

 

Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club

Abby sat smiling watching Devon eat his lunch.

“So what did you want to discuss Abby,” Devon said.

“Okay. So. We offered Lily a job at Jabot being a spokesmodel but she turned it down.”

“Really.  That’s surprising. Why?”

“Because she is starting school and she can’t travel right now.”

“Makes sense.  She told me that she had plans to go back to school this semester.  I just didn’t think she would place that over a job at Jabot.”

“Well, I was wondering if you would talk to her and see if you can convince her.  The alternative to her are unacceptable to me.  I just can’t work with the person every day.”

“I can’t do that Abby.  I agree with her decision. She has the twins to consider too. It would be too much.”

“Fine.  I understand.  So how have you been?  I haven’t seen you out at the clubs the past couple of nights.”

“I haven’t felt like going out lately.”

“But what about your music?”

“I have other things going on.”

“Like what?”

“Well, for one Roxy broke up with me.”

Abby tried her best not to smile.  Not to show that she was ecstatic at this news.

“Why?”

“Because she is ready to get married and she doesn’t think that I am.”

Abby didn’t ask whether he was ready or not because she didn’t want to know the answer.

“Well, if she loves you then she would wait.  Besides, you have your career that you are trying to get off the ground.  You really don’t need the responsibility of a family.”

He smiled at her and her stomach fluttered.

“It’s easy for you to be understanding because you are a third party.  Not so close to it.”

“True.  But I am still right.”

“To an extent.  Either way, now I have to convince Roxy to take me back although she wants to see other people.”

“Are you sure that you want to do that.  Maybe you should just let it stay this way for a while.  See what happens.  There might be someone out there that you are more compatible with.”

“That’s possible,” he said. “Only thing is I wouldn’t love them and they wouldn’t be Roxy.  So it would never work. She’s who I want.”

 

Time: Late Lunch

Location:  Nathan Winters Condo

Tammy had just finished eating with Nate.  He grabbed her hand, pulled her out of the dining room chair, and led her over to the couch. He sat down and pulled her onto his lap.  She wrapped her arms around his neck. 

“So,” he said rubbing his fingers up and down her spine with the other arm resting on the back of the couch.  Just that small gesture was getting her aroused. “What time do you have to be back at work?”

“I have some time still,” she said.

“I was wondering if you had any plans for tonight.”

“No. I don’t,” she said.  She was wishing that he would want to see her.

“I was hoping that you would go to dinner with me and my mom so that I could introduce you two,” he said.

“Of course.  I would like that.” She tried to contain her smile but she couldn’t.

“Alright. So, I just wanted to also make sure we were on the same page. We didn’t get a chance to do much talking last night or this morning,” he said smiling as he continued to lightly rub her back.

“That’s true. So go ahead. I’m listening.”  She was starting to feel breathless from his touch. 

 “I only want to see you and no one else. I want an exclusive relationship with you. But it seemed that you were a little shaken earlier.  I barely heard from you all day. What’s going on?”

Leave it to Nathan to read her and call her out.  He knew her too well. It must have been the three years of friendship that did it.

“Okay. I can’t lie.  I was a little thrown.  I didn’t expect us to take it there,” she said breathing hard. His hand on her back was so distracting, but he didn’t seem to be affected at all.

“You mean the sex,” he asked

“No, I am actually surprised it took us this long to have sex.  I meant the I love you.” 

“I’m going to be honest. I didn’t expect to love you the way that I do.  I didn’t. But now that I do, I am embracing it.   Because it’s true.  I love you,” he said looking into her eyes.

“I believe you Nathan.”

He titled his head to the side as if he was studying her.

“And I notice you didn’t say it back. I know that when you said it last night, we were,” he paused then  smiled and continued with “in the throes of passion.”

She laughed out loud at his description.

“But I felt that you meant it when you said it,” he said.  “If you didn’t, I will understand,” he said.  His smiled turned sad. “But I want to know now since we are not in bed. Did you mean it? Do you love me?”

“Nathan,” she said breathlessly smiling at him. “We may not be in bed.  But your hand on my back right now has me very much in the clutches of your passion.”

“Really,” he said slowly.

“Yes. I am so wet right now. And I know that you know it.  So stop with your really.”

“Okay.  I know it. I was trying to cheat,” he said taking his hand from her back.

“You don’t have to cheat. I want to be with you. I don’t want to see anyone else because I am in love with you.  And it scared me shitless.  I was avoiding you this morning. But I had a very calming conversation with Chloe. Conclusion. Grab you with both hands and never let go.”

“I like the sound of that,” he said grabbing her face in his hands and kissing her softly on the lips.

The kiss was sweet but it wasn’t enough for Tamara.  If he had gotten her aroused intentionally, the least he could do was finish it.  She tilted her head to side and opened her mouth.  He opened his in response and she slipped her tongue inside swirling it against his repeatedly. She broke the kiss and stood in between his legs. 

She stared down at him.  He looked so sexy sitting there looking up at her. He really was the man of her dreams. At that moment, she knew that the fingernail she had been holding onto the cliff with all morning had broken. 

She stepped out of her shoes.  Then unzipped her dress and let it fall to the ground.  She took off her bra and dropped it next to her.  The entire time Nathan didn’t move.  He continued in the same pose he had been in when she stood.

She stood before him with her hand on her hip staring in his eyes.  Most guys would have pounced on her by now.  But not Nathan.  Once again his self-control amazed her.  And excited her. It was a silent challenge.  “Break me,” it screamed.  She gave him a sexy smile sure that he didn’t know what she was thinking.

“Go ahead Tamara.  Finish. Take off you panties,” he said in a deep voice that let her know that he was affected by what she was doing. 

“Okay. But when I do, you can’t touch me.”

“Okay.”

She turned around with her back facing him and bent over with her legs straight and slightly spread apart.

“Damn girl,” he said on a growl.

She grabbed the waistband of her panties and slowly pulled them down.  When she got right below her butt, she felt his hand squeeze her right butt cheek.

Yes, she thought to herself.  A crack in his self-control.  She pulled them off and turned around. 

“Do you like these,” she asked saucily.

“Hell yes,” he said.

She placed one hand on his arm on the back of the couch and leaned forward and pushed her panties in the pocket of his dress shirt. “Then you can keep them.”

As she was standing back up he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down to lie on the couch beside him.

She was surprised to hear herself giggle.  That was something she hadn’t done since she turned 14.

He lifted her legs up and bent them at the knees.  He opened them wide and pushed them back.

“I have a gift for you,” he said looking down at her folds.  He pulled out the drawer of table next to the couch and picked up the box.  He passed it to her.

“Thank you,” she said.

“Open it. I want you to wear it while I make love to you,” he said as he rubbed one hand over his stomach and the other over her folds.

She opened the box and sighed.  “Nathan it is beautiful. Thank you.”

He took the bracelet out of the box and placed it around her wrist. She held her wrist up to the light at looked at it.  Tamara was used to Nathan buying her things.  But he had never given her anything this expensive before.

“You’re welcome.  It’s commemorative of our first night together. A night I will never forget. Pink diamonds for pink thongs.”

“Nathan,” she said getting up and straddling him as he cupped both her butt cheeks in his hand. He looked him in the eyes and said, “You’re just so perfect you know that. A girl would be crazy or stupid not to love you.”

She kissed him again as she unbuttoned his shirt and took it off. She trailed her lips down his neck to his chest and licked his nipple. At the same time she unbuckled his belt and unzipped his pants. She released him from his underwear and he was just as big today as he was last night.

“Mmmm,” he moaned as she rubbed her hands up and down his length.

He reached over into the drawer by the couch again and pulled out a condom.  He opened it and held it out for her.

“You put it on,” he said challengingly.

She took it from him and rolled the condom on his length.  She placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned up preparing to slide down on him but he stayed her with his hands on her thighs.

“Baby, are you sure you want to ride?  I don’t want to hurt you.”

“You won’t hurt me. Besides I get to control the depth anyway,” she said sliding slowly down on him.  She was a little sore from last night but he still felt great inside of her.  His size would definitely take some time to get used to. 

She lifted up tightening her muscles around him then relaxing as she slowly slid down again

“Tamara,” he growled.  “I like that.”

“I like it too,” she said repeating the motion.

She began to pick up pace and found a rhythm she liked as she rolled her hips. She felt her orgasm building.

He wrapped both arms around her waist and sucked her right nipple into his mouth.

“Nathan,” she screamed as she came around him. She stopped moving to enjoy it wash over her.  When it was done, she unwrapped her arms from around his neck and cupped his face.  She lifted it to look into his eyes. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he said lifting her up and pulling out of her. 

 

Location:  Jacobs House in LA

Callie stood at the sink washing dishes as Pamela dried them and put them up.  They only had a few out that they hadn’t packed so it was easier to do it by hand than use the dishwasher.

“So Callie, I found you a date for the gala,” Pamela said.

Callie’s stomach dropped.  “Pam, I told you that it wasn’t necessary.”

“I disagree.  Everyone at this gala will be with a date.  I refuse to have you as the lone puppy.  Besides, it is just a faux pas to attend something like this alone.  Societal suicide.”

“I don’t mind societal suicide.” And she didn’t because there was no way that she was attending some event with a man she didn’t know.  Blind dates were dangerous.  Women ended up hurt doing things like that.

“Let me tell you who he is first.  Then decide.”

“Okay.  His name is Chris Winters and he is the President of Bell.”

“And,” Callie asked.

“And what?  That’s all I know.”

“You want me to go out with a perfect stranger?”

“He is not a stranger.  John knows him. And your uncle probably knows him too.  And your friend that works for your uncle.  That town is not that big and he is a prominent businessman.  So it is only reasonable that they know each other.”

“Now that you mention it.  Sophia is probably married to a relative of his.  The guy she married has the last name Winters,” Callie said drying the last dish and passing it to Pam.

“Sophia Winters?  I spoke with her today about a sitter for Walt.  If we can trust her word with someone who cares for Walt, then surely we can trust her with someone who will take you on one public date. You should call her and inquire.”

“I think I will ask Sophia,” she said.  But definitely not her uncle.  She had learned a long time ago that any man she dated would never live up to his standards.

“And you should do it soon,” Pam said placing the last dish in the cabinet.  “I gave him your number so he might call at any moment,” she finished as she floated out of the room.

 

Location:  Nathan Winters Condo

Nathan was fighting for his self-control with Tammy.  He didn’t know whether it was intentional or not, but she was pushing him to the edge.  The strip tease had cracked it.  And the way she had gripped him as she rode him had it almost in pieces.  He had not lost control since he was a teenager.  And he certainly didn’t want to lose it with Tamara Davis.  He didn’t want to scare her off.  He realized that he had a big dick.  And many women were intimidated by that.  He had seen the way she looked at him last night so he knew that she could possibly be in that category. 

He positioned her on her knees with her legs spread wide facing the back of the sofa. Then he took off the rest of his clothes. He got on his knees in between her legs.  He placed himself at her opening then slowly pushed into her.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

He made love to her with slow thrusts. She began to sway her body back and forth with his rhythm and clenching and unclenching her muscles around him.  He wanted so badly to slam into her as deep as he could go but he was not about to lose her over some wild sex. 

“Tamara, don’t do that,” he said squeezing her hip to stop her movements.  “You’re going to make me lose control and I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Nathan,” she said. “Look at me.”

He stopped moving and let his eyes slowly travel from his hand on her butt up over her back to her face.  She looked breathtaking with her hair hanging down the on the other side of her face.

“I am not some fragile doll.  I won’t break. I can handle your needs.”

“But you’re so small. So tight,” he said pulling out of her slowly and pushing back in.

“Mmmm,” she moaned. “Listen to me.  If you hurt me I will let you know. And if you do something I don’t like or I think is disrespectful, you know I will stop it and slap the shit out of you.”

“True,” he said sliding slowly in and out of her again.

“Mmmm,” she moaned again. “So don’t be scared to let go,” she said slowly in a sultry voice. “Lose yourself in me because I damn sure plan on losing myself in you. I’m yours. My body is yours. It was made for your pleasure. So if you want to pull my hair,” she said smirking then finished with “or spank me then do it. Claim your pussy Nathan.”

He leaned over her and growled in her ear, “You’re intentionally provoking me because you know I love your hair.”

“I do know,” she said chucking softly.

He had grabbed it last night before he had realized what he was doing which is why he had changed positions so that he could force himself to let it go.   But now since he had free reign, he gathered it in one hand and wrapped it around his hand the way her did last night. He tugged on it and her head went back forcing a deep arch in her back.

He pulled out of her and slammed back in hard rotating his hips when he was fully inside.

“Aaaahh,” she screamed loudly.

He pulled out and slammed back in again. Then began to surge in and out of her with powerful, hard, deep strokes.  The arch in her back forced him deeper inside of her than he had ever been.  She began to sway her body to meet his thrusts as she clenched and unclenched her muscles around him. His pelvis slapped loudly against butt as he picked up the pace of his thrusts.  

After about 5 minutes he felt himself about to come and didn’t want to leave her behind. He released the tight grip he had on her butt then spanked it lightly.

“Come for me baby.”

“Nathan,” she screamed.

The sound of her his name on her lips brought him even closer to the edge.  He spanked her butt once again.  Not quit as lightly as before. Then he reached around to part her folds to press his finger against her clitoris.

He pulled her hair a little harder and then vigorously rubbed her clitoris.

“I’m coming,” she said she screamed.

When he felt her pulsate around him, he let go too. He wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned his chest against her back as spasm after spasm went through his body.

After a few minutes he rose up from her and stood up. 

“Come here baby,” he said and she stood up in front of him.  He wrapped his arms around her waist as she placed her arms around his neck and kissed him softly on lips.

He broke the kiss and leaned back as he looked down into her eyes to see if he could figure out what she was thinking.  She had a self-satisfied smug look on her face.  Like she had achieved her mission in life.

“I told you that I wouldn’t break,” she said against his lips

“Be honest, did I hurt you?”

“In a very good way.  Did you feel how hard I came?”

“I felt it.”

“I loved every second of what we just did,” she said in an erotic whisper.  “Don’t doubt it. I told you that my body was made for your pleasure.  Maybe now you will believe it.”

He felt himself getting aroused again.  She obviously felt it too since she looked down at his erection and laughed.

“I’m sorry Nathan. But I don’t have time right now.  I have to go back to work.  Later okay,” she said pecking him on the lips then pulling out of his embrace and walking towards the bathroom. “I’m going to take a short soak before I go.”

It took every ounce of will power that he had not to follow her into the bathroom with the engagement ring. He needed to let Devon know that he wasn’t as patient as he thought he was earlier today.  He needed to fix his disagreement with Roxy as soon as possible. Because Nathan knew that for the first time in his life, he was sprung.

Episode 15 by Diva58

Episode 15

 

Time: Same day as Previous Episode, Afternoon

Location:  Bell Communications

Tucker walked into Bell and right to the conference room that held the meeting.  He was glad that the Neil had been so detailed in the e-mail that was forwarded to him by the bank’s president.  He noted that the security needed to be updated.  There was no way a random person should be able to enter this building and make their way here.

Tucker was about 7 minutes late.  He had timed his arrival perfectly for his grand entrance.  He opened the door to the conference room.

“Good afternoon gentleman,” he said walking in and sitting down at the opposite end of the table from Neil.  He had Justin on one side and Chris on the other. A secretary, not his Songbird, was seated in the corner of the room to take notes. 

Tucker looked at each man in turn and took in their expressions. Neil looked angry.  Chris looked amused. And the other guy, whom Tucker did not know, had no expression at all.

“McCall,” Chris said.  “Care to tell us why you are here?”

“This is an owners meeting.  I am an owner.”

“Really now,” Chris said.  Neil stood and walked out the door without saying a word.

“Yes Winters.”

“This is not at all surprising,” the other guy said. “Justin Barber,” he said introducing himself.  “And I assume you are Tucker McCall.”

“In the flesh.”

“Do you have any paper work verifying your claim,” Justin asked calmly.

It was obvious that this guy was a lawyer. “I didn’t think that would be necessary.  A call to the bank will confirm it.”

 

Location:  Tyra Hamilton’s Apartment in LA

Tyra had finally made a decision.  She would take the job in Genoa City.  Dr Hayes was right.  She needed to face the consequences of her choices head on.  She took this opportunity as an omen of sorts. 

She dialed Nick’s number and he answered on the first ring.

“Nicholas.  This is Tyra Hamilton.”

“Tell me that you are calling to give me good news,” he said laughing.

“I am calling to give you good news.  I have decided to take your job offer.”

“Now that’s what I am talking about.”

Even though she still had some trepidation, his exuberance was catching so she laughed in spite of herself.  She had seen and spoken to Nick many times when she was the manager of Indigo.  He always seemed caught in the middle of some fight between his ex and current wives.  Sure, he was handsome, funny, and rich but she didn’t quite understand why they felt the need to fight over him.

“So will you be able to make it in before the end of the week.  We would like to announce you as our head chemist before the arts gala and have it as a coming out party of sorts.”

“I can make it by Friday but I am not sure about going to this gala.  I wanted to keep my coming back into town as low key as possible.”

“Tyra, I don’t think that is possible being that the press conference is scheduled for Friday afternoon and the business world will be abuzz with Newman finally employing its’ own chemist.  They will want to know what we have up our sleeve.  And I plan on telling them. Well, I plan on you telling them.”

She knew that this was necessary to create buzz around the products although it was the last thing she wanted to do.  She could call Neil and Devon to let them know to ease the way but she just didn’t have the nerve.  She would just hope that Yolanda would tell them for her. 

“Okay Nick.  I understand. I can attend the event.”

“You sound like it is the last thing you want to do. Don’t worry. I won’t throw you to the wolves.  If you like, I would be more than willing to be your escort to the gala.  Although I am sure you will know people there, I won’t let you be there alone.”

“Thank you Nick. I appreciate that,” she said gratefully. “I should arrive in town Friday morning.”

“And we will have the press conference Friday afternoon. So, if you need anything, anything at all, call me.”

“Will do.  Thanks again.  Bye.”

“Goodbye.”

 

Location:  Restless Style

Billy looked up from working to see Chelsea get off the elevator.  It was clear to him now that this woman was a total stalker.  First she shows up at his home with Victoria.  Even worse, she shows up when he was out with his family.  The last thing he wanted was for Chloe to know who this woman was and to confront her.  He hadn’t really told her the entire story about how he was set up.  He left out all pertinent details that would lay any blame on him. He rose from his desk to meet before she came too far into the office. 

“What the hell are you doing here,” he asked cutting her off.

“You said that you would contact me about a paternity test but I haven’t heard from you so I thought I would stop by here to see when you wanted to do it.”

Once again, her eagerness gave him pause.  She wouldn’t be so gung ho about this if she wasn’t sure that the outcome would fall in her favor. 

“I haven’t had a chance to speak to the doctor yet,” he said placing his hand on her back guiding her around and back towards the door.  But she pulled away from him.

He looked around to see if anyone had noticed.  And of course, Tammy was all over it.  She stood and headed their way.  He braced himself.

“Billy,” she said.  “Is there a problem here?”

“No Tammy.  Everything is fine.”

“Okay.  I just wanted to make sure no one needed my assistance.”

“I would love some water.  And to sit down for just a minute,” Chelsea said.

“Sure thing.  You can sit right over there on the couch and I will get your water.”

“Thank you,” she said heading towards the couch.  “Since I am carrying Billy’s child, one would think he would be more considerate of me.”

Billy looked at Tammy who gave him a blank stare.  She was obviously waiting for him to confirm or deny this claim.   Since he could do neither he said nothing.  He only stared back with the same expression.

Their stare down was broken when Chelsea said, “thank you for being so kind.”

“I’ll be right back,” she said.

Billy was a little surprised that Tammy didn’t already know about this situation. She and Chloe told each other everything.  Once again he was impressed with Chloe’s loyalty to him.  She placed him above her friendship with Tammy.  He knew that he could count on her to be discreet.  But it was nice to have that confirmed.

 

Location:  Fenmore’s Department Stores Offices

 

Roxy stood with her back towards her door looking out her window.  No matter how hard she tried she couldn’t stop thinking about Devon and the things he had whispered in her ear before she had walked away from him.  “It’s etched on my heart,” he had said.  Well it seemed that the dream was also etched on hers.  He had tried to contact her over the last couple of days but she had ignored him.  She was just too weak right now to talk to him.

She was startled when she felt hand covering her face. But after a split second she calmed down.  She knew those hands.  She knew the feeling of those hands all over her body.  They were the only ones that had ever touched her intimately.

“Devon,” she said slowly turning around as he dropped his hands. “I didn’t hear you come in.”

“You were in another world.  That’s why,” he said looking from her face down her body then back to her face again.  And that small gesture sent her hormones into overdrive.

“I guess so,” she said smiling weakly.

“How have you been,” he asked.

“Fine.”

“I’ve missed you,” he whispered.

“I miss you too.”

“Really,” he said.

“Yes. Why do you doubt it?”

“Hhhm, maybe because I have called you a dozen times and sent twice as many texts that all went unanswered,” he said with a small smile.

“Devon,” she said. “I just-“

“It’s okay,” he said cutting her off.  She could look in his eyes and tell that it wasn’t okay.  He looked just as miserable as she felt. “I understand. It’s just that I thought that we were at the least friends. You know.”

“I know,” she said smiling at him.  He smiled in return and her chest began to hurt.

“I have some things that have happened over the last couple of days that I wanted to talk to you about.  I figured stopping by unannounced was the only way.  Sorry about doing that.”

“Like you said, we are,” she paused.  Then finished with “friends.  Friends can stop by for a visit. How about we sit down okay?”

 

Location:  Bell Communications

Chris was not at all surprised by Tucker.  He had hoped that his desire to have a relationship with Dimples and Devon would prevent him from going after them.  But it hadn’t.  Part of him was glad.  Maybe this would wake Neil up.  Force him out of the pursuit of the family image for the company. 

Neil walked back in and made eye contact with him and Justin.  Then he glared at Tucker and said, “Let’s proceed with the meeting. We were just about to vote on developing new SW.”

“Yay,” Neil said.

“Yay,” Justin said.

“Yay,” Chris said.

“Nay,” Tucker responded.

“Nay,” Neil repeated.

“Yes.  I have no clue about this software. I won’t approve something of which I do not know any details.”

“Okay.  Without going into too many of the details.  It is scheduling software that can be used via smart phones as well as desktops.   We think that there is a market for it,” Neil said.

“My vote is still nay,” Tucker said. 

And his vote will always be nay, Chris thought.  It was obvious his plan was to weaken Bell so that it would fold then he could put them out of business and buy Bell outright. 

“Is it possible to persuade you to vote otherwise or is this a fait accompli,” Justin asked with a gleam in his eye. 

“My vote will not change.”

Chris wondered about that.  It was easy to say no to them.  But would he be so willing to tell Dimples no. 

“Maybe you don’t necessarily understand just what this software would do.  We should probably get the person in here who came up with the idea.  Maybe they would have a better chance at convincing you. Besides, I’d hate for the person’s creativity to be stamped out due to this disappointment,” Chris said.

“I doubt your system architect has that kind of sway, but please invite him in,” Tucker said.  “And yes I know him.  His father is a friend of mine,” McCall said smugly.

Chris picked up the phone and dialed Harmony’s number.  “Can we see you in the conference room?  We have a new owner who is not at all convinced of your idea about the software.  Maybe you could convince him,” he said when she answered the phone.

“New owner,” she said confused.

“Yes. A new owner.  It was a surprise to us all,” he said smiling at Tucker.

“Okay, I will be right there.”

 

Location:  Restless Style

Tammy went to get the woman a glass of water reeling at this news. She needed to call Chloe and tell her what was happening here but she decided to wait until she got more information.   She went over to their break area and began pouring water in a cup when Phyllis walked up beside her and started to pour coffee.

“Who the hell is that and why does Billy look like he has seen a ghost,” she side through a clenched smile.

“She claims to be carrying his child,” Tammy said with a fake smile of her own.

“Really now.”

“He neither denied nor confirmed this accusation,” Tammy supplied.

“You’re best friends with Chloe I hear.  What does she say?”

“She hadn’t said a word to me about it,” Tammy said smiling while looking over to the woman on the couch.

“Well you have known Billy longer than me.  Do you think it is possible,” Phyllis asked.

“This is William Foster Abbot we are talking about here. AKA Liam.  It is more than possible,” Tammy said with a fake laugh. “Let me go see what else I can find out.”

She went back over and passed the woman the glass.

“So, how far along are you,” Tammy asked.

“Six months.”

“Oh. Really,” Tammy said looking at Billy. “Where did you two meet?”

“Tammy, can you please just go and do your job.  Answer phones, make more coffee, or something.”

“You know. I would be more than happy to go and write the cover article for out next issue,” she said smiling at Billy.  He knew what she was saying.  Her walking away right now would come at a price.

“Yes. I will make sure our editor knows that you are working on it,” Billy said. “Now go. Shoo,” he said fanning his hand.

“Great. It was nice meeting you-,” she said pausing and holding out her hand in hopes that the woman would supply her name.

“Chelsea,” she said shaking hands.

“Awesome.  Thanks Billy,” she said turning and heading back to her desk.

 

Location:  Newman Enterprises

Nick walked into Adams office without knocking.

“So, I got a call from Tyra.  She has accepted the job offer and will be here Friday morning.”

“Awesome.  Did you tell her about the press conference?”

“I did. I also invited her to the gala and agreed to be her escort.”

“Hhmmm,” Adam said.  “I wonder what the world’s favorite red head will say”

“There is nothing for her to say.  She and I are not together.”

“And you seem so happy about that right about now.”

“Being single has its’ perks.  I think I am going to enjoy it. An elegant night. A drop dead gorgeous, smart woman on my arm. Can’t wait,” he said walking out of Adam’s office.

 

Location:  Fenmore’s Department Stores Offices

Roxy grabbed Devon’s hand and the contact was like electric currents to her heart. She led him over to the sofa in her office and they both sat down facing each other.  She tried to pull her hand away but he wouldn’t let go.  Instead he intertwined the fingers.  They both stared at their conjoined hands.

“So,” he said breaking the silence first.  “I met with this doctor yesterday.  He says that he believes that he can restore most of my hearing.  And I won’t have to wear these implants anymore either.”

“Really,” she said excitedly. This was great news.

“Yes.  He wanted me to have the surgery this week but I decided against it.”

“Why?”  That was surprising since Devon needed his hearing for his career.  Just the thought of said career was enough to make her stomach hurt along with her chest.  It was a career that he wanted more than he wanted her. 

“Because of my other news.  I took a job with my dad that I wanted to get off the ground first.  I am the new President of a Media Productions company.”

She didn’t know what to think about this.  Why was Devon accepting a job with his family’s company?  He had been adamant that he did not want to do that.

“At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have to ask why again.  I thought that you didn’t want to do that.  It would slow down or get in the way of your music career.”

He raised her hand and softly kissed the back of it.  “There are things in this life more important than my music career,” he said looking at her with smile.

Was he talking about her?  Did she care if he was talking about her?  Yes, she answered herself.  A sure sign that this entire situation was driving her slightly insane.

“I don’t know what to say,” she said.

“You don’t have to say anything. Yet. Will you have dinner with me tonight,” he asked.

Yes, she screamed in her head.  But she stopped herself before she said it aloud.  She had plans tonight and she shouldn’t break them for Devon. A man whom she had broken up with because he was not ready to commit.  She needed to train herself to not put him first on her list of priorities.  Tonight was as good a time as any.

“I don’t think-“she began but he cut her off.

“It’s just dinner Roxanne.  I know we are not exclusive anymore but that doesn’t mean we can’t still see each other or spend time together.  Right?”

She knew it was a bad idea. But she couldn’t stop herself.

“Not tonight,” she said. “I have plans.”

“Plans,” he said in a curious voice. “Is it a date?”

She wasn’t sure whether it was a date or not that she had with Chance but either way there was no way she would tell Devon.

“No. No. Nothing like that.”

“Okay. So what about tomorrow night then?”

“Okay. Tomorrow night.”

“Great,” he said standing and using her hand to pull her to her feet.  He walked towards the door then stopped at the entrance.  He turned to face her and slowly pulled her into his arms.  Hers went around his neck involuntarily. “I love you so much.  I would do anything for you,” he whispered looking at her lips.

“Devon,” she begged but had no clue what she was begging for.  Did she want him to kiss or release her? She didn’t know.

He slowly lowered his head then pressed his lips firmly to hers. And her heart broke all over again.  She missed him so much.  She parted her lips in anticipation of him deepening the kiss.  Instead of him doing so, he broke contact.  He raised his head and looked into her eyes. 

“Tomorrow night.  Don’t forget Foxy,” he said with a broad smile.

“I won’t,” she said as he released her and walked away.

 

Location:  Bell Communications

Harmony was surprised to learn that Bell had another owner.  She had thought that Neil, Chris, and Justin were the only ones.  Maybe she had just missed it.  She stopped at the door to gather herself.  She placed a smile on her face and braced herself for the barrage of questions that was surely to come and opened the door.

Her smile faltered as she saw Tucker at the table with Neil, Chris, and Justin.

“Oh, here’s our creative genius,” Chris said as she approached the table.   He stood and held the chair out for her. “McCall here is a new owner.  He just purchased a percentage of the company.  Of course without our knowledge or agreement.  But that’s what corporate raiders do.  Isn’t that right McCall? “

She looked from Chris to Tucker, whom she could tell was getting angry.

“Is this true Tucker,” she asked.  Tucker winced and opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Chris.

“Oh yes, Dimples.  It is most certainly true. Not only that.  I think he had plans to vote no on anything brought to him in hopes of ruining us so that he can take Bell when the company fails.”

“Mick,” she gasped never breaking eye contact.

“You know what.  I think we should give you two some time alone to discuss this,” Justin said.

“I don’t think that will be necessary,” Neil said.  “Tucker has voted nay so nay it shall stay. I will not subject Harmony to groveling to him.”

“Oh, I don’t think she will be the one on her knees at all,” Chris said with a cruel smile.

Once again, Harmony was disappointed by Tucker’s actions.  Just when she thought that they understood each other, he does something else to let her know that they were not really ready for this relationship.  But this time she wouldn’t run away.  Just as Katherine suggested, she would fight for him.

“Can you give us a few minutes alone, I think we need time to discuss it,” she said looking at Neil.  Then she turned to Tucker and gave him a sultry smile.  She lowered her voice a fraction and said, “I might just be able to convince him.” 

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited.

Chloe was sitting at her desk shopping on the internet when her phone rang.

“Chloe.  I have horrible news.  Brace yourself,” she heard Tammy say.  Her tone was one that you used when a loved one dies.

“What is it,” she said with dread.

Chloe heard her take a deep breath then say, “There is some tramp sitting in our office claiming that she is carrying Billy’s baby.”

“Oh. Yeah. I am not surprised.  She accosted us the other day outside of Delia’s school.  And you know he had the nerve to send me away as if he was afraid of what I would say, Chloe said affronted.”

“What? And you didn’t tell me,” she asked.  She sounded shocked.

“Well Tammy. You know how I hate letting people know that I procreated with the biggest idiot this side of Christendom.  This would fall into that category,” Chloe said matter of factly.

“True.  I’m sorry. But do you think it is true.”

“Tammy, this is William Foster Abbot we are talking about here.  AKA Liam. Anything is possible.”

“Those were my first thoughts as well. But listen, I have a cover story to write. So we will discuss this later,” Tammy said.

“Thanks for the heads up.” 

“Anytime. That’s what girls do.”

 

 

 

 

Location:  Fenmore’s Department Stores Offices

Lauren was headed to a meeting when she walked past Roxy’s office and noticed her sitting on the sofa crying.  She knocked on the door and walked in.

Roxy jumped at the sound then wiped her face with the tissue.

“I’m sorry Lauren.  I know I probably should be working,” she said smiling through her tears.

“No. No. Honey.  I have cried myself silly a time or two at work,” she said walking over and sitting down beside her. “What’s wrong?”

“Devon.”

“Of course it’s Devon. What happened?”

“We broke up. You were right.  He had no clue what I wanted.  And then when I told him he acted like I had the plague or something.”

“Oh honey.  I’m so sorry,” Lauren said wrapping her arms around her as Roxy leaned her head on her shoulder.

“It wouldn’t be so bad but then he showed up here and told me about him taking a job.  He was so against that when we were together.  But now all of sudden he’s willing to do it now that I have decided to move on. Then he wants me to have dinner with him as friends tomorrow night.  I can’t just be his friend.  I love him too much for that.”

“Okay. Sit up sweety. Think about this now. Devon has taken a job and wants to have dinner with you.  Read the context clues.  Are you sure he is not thinking of proposing?”

“The thought did cross my mind briefly.  But it’s too late for that now.  I have made up my mind to move on.  I have made peace with it.  A painful peace.  But peace none the less.”

Lauren thought that this was just her pride talking.  And she knew that in love there was no place for pride.

“Roxanne. Let me tell you something about men and loving them,” she said looking her in the eye. “There won’t be a line you draw in the sand that they will not cross.  There won’t be one deal breaker you lay out on the table that they won’t pick it up and break.  They are just simply infuriating that way,” she said.

 “So what are you saying Lauren,” Roxy said laughing and wiping her tears.

“What I am saying is that if you plan on continuing to date men, and not just Devon but especially Devon, if you catch my meaning. Then there is no place for pride. You can’t love a man, marry him, and stay married to him, and keep your pride.  He simply won’t let you.”

They both laughed.

“You think my pride is in the way,” Roxy asked

“Let me ask you this.  If Devon did propose to you tomorrow, what would you say?”

“I don’t know,” she sighed.

“Look at you. At work crying your eyes out because you think he didn’t want to marry you.  But when you find out that he does, you don’t know what you will say.”

“Because I don’t want him to resent me later on when he has thrown away his dream of being a music producer to marry me.”

“It doesn’t have to be one or the other you know.  He can have you and the career he wants.  You will just have to make sure he gets it by pushing him and supporting him.  Make sure he doesn’t settle or give up.  That’s what wives do.”

Lauren could tell that Roxy was thinking that over. 

“Okay.  I will let you stew on my words of wisdom,” she said standing and walking towards the door. “Toodle loo.”

 

Location:  Bell Communications

Tucker watched Chris, Neil, and Justin walk out and close the door.  He knew Harmony was surprised and was expecting her to be upset and to possibly walk away from him again.  But from the look on her face and the sound of her voice, she was about to attempt to seduce him.  His body responded the way it always did with the idea of being intimate with her. 

“Mick,” she said standing and walking towards the door.  “Would you like a cup of coffee?”

He wouldn’t mind a cup but he didn’t know what she would do with it.  She might give it to him to drink or he might end up wearing it.

She locked the door and walked back towards him.

“No thanks,” he said pushing back from the table and turning his chair to face her approach.  He allowed his eyes to travel slowly up her body before he settled on her face. She was wearing high heels and yet another form fitting dress with a v cut neckline.  This meant she was also probably not wearing any panties either.   He became fully aroused.  It didn’t help that it had been 4 days since they had been together.

She stopped in front of him and leaned forward placing a hand on each armrest of the chair. “Are you sure,” she said in a sexy whisper.  He tried not to look down at her cleavage.  But his eyes seemed to have a mind of their own.

“I’m sure.  I don’t want any coffee,” he said to her breast.  But I damn sure want some of the other you seem to be offering up, he said to himself.

“Okay then,” she said straightening up.  She placed her hand on his shoulder and walked around his chair. “Let’s talk,” she said massaging his shoulders.

Tucker did not want to talk. He wanted to make love. And he didn’t care at all that they were in a conference room at Bell.

“Okay,” he said. Picking her hand up from his shoulder and using it to guide her back around. “I will change my vote,” he said pulling her into his lap. To his joy, she complied. “I will vote yay,” he said wrapping his arms around his waist as she placed her arms around his neck.

She lowered her head and stopped with her lips just inches from his. “But that’s not what I want to talk about baby,” she said.

“Me either,” he said taking one hand from her waist and cupping her cheek.  He used the hand on her face to pull her head towards him and fused his lips to hers.  She tilted her head to the side and opened her mouth. He took that as an invitation and thrust his tongue inside.  She slid her tongue against his.

“mmmm,” she moaned.  Tucker had missed that erotic sound. 

She broke the kiss and said, “While I love your kisses, that is not what I meant.”

“What then,” Tucker said placing his hand on her knee then rubbing it up her thigh.  The sooner they could get this over with the sooner he could be buried inside of her.

“I want to know why you decided to go after Bell,” she said.  The question was like cold water on a flame.  He knew that this conversation would not end well.  And he probably would be enduring another 4 days of celibacy.

“It’s simple.  I wanted it,” he answered defiantly looking her in the eye.  

“Why Tucker?  You can purchase any company you want.  Why must it be this one,” she asked softly while tangling her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck.

“Why not this one?

“Because it is owned by Neil, Justin, and Chris.  This is not going to go over well with Devon.”

“Maybe not.”

“Then why did you go after it,” she asked.

“Honestly, because I thought that Christopher Winters had taken something from me so I had to punish him for that.”

“What could Chris have possi-“she cut herself off when she realized he meant her.  “But I told you that it wasn’t true.”

“When I found out, I already owned it.”

“Baby. You can easily rectify this before this becomes some all-out war between you and them. Just sell it back to them or the bank. Okay,” she said looking him in the eyes.

“No.  I won’t do that.”  

“Not even for me,” she said softly with a sad smile.  “You don’t need it.”

 He didn’t like her being sad. He wanted to make her happy.  So he decided then and there that if he wasn’t going to get Bell, he would make sure he had her.  If he was going to make all these concessions, then he needed to at least get a reward.  The ultimate reward.

“True.  But I do need you,” he said.

“I’m yours,” she said smiling. He had heard that from her before. Then she had changed her mind.  He couldn’t live like this. The constant back and forth and not seeing her every day.  He couldn’t do it.  He wouldn’t do it.

“I have a proposition for you.”

“Proposition?”

“Yes. If you be with me, I will give Bell to you.”

“Huh,” she said looking confused.

“I want you.  You want Bell away from me. So if you be with me then Bell is yours.”

“So what,” she said getting angry.  “I am supposed to sell myself to you like a prostitute.” She pushed against his chest in an effort to rise from his lap.

“No songbird,” he said grabbing her hands to stay her.  “Like a wife.”

“A wife,” she said with her voice cracking.

“Yes, my wife. We have wasted enough time.  I know who I want and what I want.  And that is you.  I want to wake up to your vibrant smiling face every morning.  I want make a life with you.  I want a family with you. I want to have you naked, wet, and waiting in our marital bed for me to come home every night. I want you.”

He could tell she was thinking about it. Weighing her options.

“And if I say no,” she asked in the same sexy whisper he had heard earlier while pulling her hands from his.  She placed one arm back around his neck with the on his chest.  She began to rub it slowly. He wrapped an arm around her waist and put the other back on her knee and began rubbing her thigh again.

“Then I will keep Bell.  And bring it to its’ knees,” he said harshly.

“I guess it is best for everyone that I won’t be saying no,” she said then kissed him slowly on the lips.

His heart soared. Finally, he thought.  He would finally have the life he should have.

He used the hand on her knee to open her legs wide then slid his hand beneath her skirt.  He was right earlier, she didn’t have on any panties.  The folds of her sex were slick with her juices.

“You’re already wet for me,” he stated as he parted the folds with his fingers.

“Yes,” she said closing her eyes.

He rubbed his middle finger back and forth across her clitoris.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

“You know it has been four days since we made love.  Four long torturous days since I have been inside you,” he whispered in her ear as he slid his finger further down and encountered her opening.  He pushed one finger in her as far as it would go.

“For me too baby,” she moaned as she clamped down tightly on his finger.

“So does that mean you would be willing to…,” he left the sentence hanging.

She reached down and pulled his hand from her body and looked him in the eye.

“As you say, it’s been four days. I don’t think a quickie on the table in a conference room at Bell would satisfy either one of us.”

She was right.  He wouldn’t be satisfied. But it would surely take the edge off.

She stood up and pulled her dress down.  Then she bent over him again and placed a hand on each arm of the chair.

“But I tell you what I will do.  I will go home and pack a bag-”

“All your bags,” he corrected.

“A couple of bags,” she said compromising. “Then I will meet you at your house tonight.  You’re going to need a new bed before then,” she said standing and walking towards the door. She unlocked it, turned the knob, and then looked back over her shoulder at him with a sultry smile. “Oh yeah, tell security to be expecting me early.  I plan to be naked, wet, and waiting in your bed when you arrive.” Then she opened the door and walked out.

 

Location: Jacobs House in LA

Pamela lay in bed thinking about all the things she had to do.  But she was so tired that she figured that she was just take a quick rest before her son woke up and needed her attention. After about 5 minutes was startled awake by a soft kiss on the lips. She opened her eyes to find herself in a familiar bedroom although it was not the room that she had gone to sleep in. She looked up to see her husband standing by the bed. 

He was so handsome she thought. He was tall with brown skin and a beautiful smile.

“Hey momma,” he said.

“You’re so fine,” she said.

“Mmhum, but not nearly as fine as you,” he said allowing his eyes to slowly travel from her face down her body.  She looked down to notice that she was naked. 

“I must have fallen asleep after my shower,” she said.

“Are you tired,” he asked reaching out and touching her ankle with one hand. 

“Not really,” she said as he slowly rubbed his hand up her leg over thigh to her hip.  He stopped and squeezed her butt and her inner muscles clenched involuntarily. She was never too tired for him.

“Good.  Because I have some time before I have to go back to work and I really need to make love to my wife,” he said in a husky tone.

“Your wife would like that,” she said and he smiled. 

“So you’re not still mad at me,” he asked.  She didn’t know what she was supposed to be mad about.  But watching him now she didn’t care.  She loved him and their family more with each passing day. She had worked hard to make it what it was and she was not about to let it go now.

He began to undress and she couldn’t take her eyes off him.  She wanted to feel him inside of her.

“No, just hurry up baby,” she said.

“Uh uh momma.  This is not a sprint. It’s a marathon,” he said winking.

Sometimes, he could be arrogant.  But his ego was made for hers because it was equally as big.

When he finished undressing, he climbed onto the bed and kneeled between her legs. He grabbed the back of each knee with a hand and pushed them back opening her to his view.

“mmm mmm mmm,” he said in a deep voice shaking his head.  “Look at that. Freshly shaved and freshly washed.  Just begging to be eaten.”

He released one leg and trailed his hand over her stomach between her breasts.  He lifted it from her chest to rub her lips. 

“Ahhh,” she sighed and he used the opportunity to push his finger in her mouth.

She sucked on it as he pulled it out.

“Damn girl.  You know I like that,” he growled.

“Mmm hum,” she said smugly.         

He then placed his wet finger on her clitoris and rubbed it slowly.

“mmm,” she moaned.

“I know I can get a better scream than that,” he said slowly. He lay flat on the bed and said, “Hold your legs up for me.”  She could feel his breath in her lower lips and her inner muscles clinched once again.

She reached down and held her legs up bent at the knee.

“Now, no matter what happens,” do not let go he growled.

She felt him lick her clitoris once then twice. “Mmmm. You taste exceptionally sweet today,” he said.

“Baby,” she moaned as he picked up the pace of his licks.

“I won’t stop until you come for me momma,” he growled against her clitoris then continued licking her.  He held her folds opened with the fingers of one hand while he pushed the thumb of the other inside of her opening and circled it.

“Baby please,” she begged.

He pulled his thumb out of her dripping wet with her juices and trailed it down to the pucker of her butt.  He pressed lightly on it as he circled his thumb and he continued licking her with flicks of his tongue to her clitoris. 

“Aahhh,” she screamed loudly.  “I am so close,” she said as she felt her orgasm building.

“I wonder how close,” he said as he continued licking.  Then he pushed his thumb inside her butt an inch and she came with her legs shaking.  He slowed down his licks as pulse after pulse vibrated through her body.

He took his hand from her body then he slid up her body and kissed her deeply. She loved having his beautiful skin against hers with no barriers in between.  She wrapped her legs around his waist as he slowly entered her.

“Mmmm,” he growled into her ear when he was fully inside. “Your body is my nirvana,” he whispered as he began to move in and out of her slowly.  He took her right nipple into his mouth and sucked on it.  Then he bit it softly with his teeth.

“Daddy,” she screamed as he began to rotate his hips and the end of each thrust as she lifted up to meet him.

“You feel that. Huh, you feel how perfect we fit together,” he whispered in her ear.

“Yes,” she panted as she squeezed her inner muscles tightly around him.

“And how tightly you hold me.”

“Yes daddy,” she said squeezing harder which caused her to get that much closer to her orgasm.  She was so close.  All she needed was a little more and she would be over.  She guided his headed to her breast and he sucked on it harder than he did the first time.

 “I love you Neil,” she screamed.

She had just begun to come when he lifted his head and looked into her eyes and said, “I love you Dru.”

Her eyes fluttered open and her body was humming. She realized that she had just had the wettest dream of life and was on the verge of an orgasm.  One that her body wanted so badly. She reached between her legs and rubbed her clitoris once and she came silently. When it was over she covered her head with the pillow embarrassed by her behavior.

This wasn’t the first dream of this kind she had about this man named Neil whom her body had recognized as her lover.  Was he her husband, she thought for probably the millionth time that she could remember. Was he real? Or just her dream lover and a figment of her imagination? And for the first time he had called her a name.

“Dru,” she said out loud.  

 

 

 

 

 

Episode 16 by Diva58

 

Episode 16

Time: Same day as last episode, Evening

Location: Roxy’s Apartment

Roxy sat with Chance on the sofa attempting to talk her way out of going out to dinner.  She wasn’t hungry.  There was no way that food would sit well with the knot in her stomach that Devon had put there earlier today.

“Chance, I just don’t feel like going out to dinner.  I am not hungry at all.”

“What’s the problem,” he asked concerned. “And don’t try to tell me nothing.  I can look at your beautiful face and see that you are upset,” he said cupping the side of her face with one hand and rubbing his thumb across her cheek.

“Devon came by to see me today.”

“I am not surprised.  He probably tried to talk his way back into your life.  Don’t let him. He won’t give you what you want.”

“At this point Chance, I don’t care,” she said sadly. “I want him. I love him.”

“You deserve better than waiting on Hamilton to decide to marry.  Trust me,” he said smiling and tilting her face up so that he could look her in the eyes. “You will meet someone else,” he said lowering his eyes to her lips.

Roxy could tell that he wanted to kiss her. Maybe he was right.  But she didn’t think so. Her feelings for Devon were real.  And she knew in her heart that they would not change.

“I don’t want anyone else. I want him.”

“Have you ever dated anyone besides him?”

“Yes.”

“No I mean really been with someone,” he asked. 

She knew what he meant. “No, only Devon,” she said blushing.

“You don’t know then.  You may find that you could have more with someone else. How about an experiment then.  Let me kiss you. See if you like it.”

“Not necessary,” she said laughing.

“You sure. Just one kiss,” he said.

Now that they were talking about it, she was curious. It was only one kiss. 

“Okay,” she said.

Chance lowered his lips to hers and pressed firmly.  She felt nothing. Maybe if she deepened the kiss it would be better she thought. So she titled her head to the side and opened her mouth.  He wasted no time sliding his tongue inside.  She rubbed her tongue up against his and heard him moan.  The sound made her break away.  She still felt nothing and didn’t want to lead him.

“Wow,” he said.

“Chance. Listen.  You’re a great guy.  And I like you. But I love Devon. I love him.”

“I have been in love before. More than once so I know what it is like.  You just think that you want Devon because you have only ever been with him.  But once you open yourself up to being with someone else then you will see.  You can fall in love with someone else just as easily as you fell in love with him.”

Roxy figured Chance had to be joking.  Real love, true love, did not work that way.  It did not go away just because you meet someone else.  Or even sleep with someone else.

“Chance, what I feel for Devon will not go away.  It will always be there.” 

“So you’re going to take him back even though he won’t give you what you want.”

“Yes,” she said.  She hadn’t planned on saying yes but once it was out of her mouth she knew it was true.

“Okay.  I just want you to be happy.  And if being with him makes you happy then I am all for it,” he said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

“You’re a great friend. You know that.”

“Friend yeah,” he said looking down then he looked back up at her face and smiled. “And this friend says that you need to eat.  So let me take you to Glow Worm for dinner. If not then I will go and bring it back here.”

She laughed at his persistence. “Okay. Let’s go.”

 

Location:  Glow Worm

Nate held out the chair for his mother then slid in beside Tamara in the booth.  He had introduced them when he and Tamara had picked her up at home.  They were getting along well.  Of course he knew that they would.  His mother was a really nice and sensible woman. And Tamara was friendly and respectful. Their compatibility was one of the reason he had originally chose Tamara.  He found all his reason funny now that he had such strong feelings for her.  Why did he ever think he could really marry a woman and not fall in love with her? Especially a woman like Tamara.

“So ladies,” he said looking at the menu. “How about some drinks?”

“I am not sure it is a good idea for me to have drinks on the very first night that I meet your mother. I wouldn’t want to give off a bad first impression,” she said teasingly.

“Oh please,” Olivia said smiling waving over their waitress. “I don’t often get a chance to indulge in cocktails because I am generally on call at the hospital.  But tonight I can drink all that I want. So, I will have a Cosmopolitan.  And Tamara here will have a….,” she paused waiting for Tamara to give her drink order.

“An apple martini please,” Tamara said laughing.

“And I will have a Bulleit Neat.”

“Bourbon Nathan,” Tammy said. “How do you drink that stuff? Ugh,” she said making an ugly face, which he didn’t think looked at all ugly on her.

At that moment, Justin and Chris walked in as the waitress left.    The two spotted them and immediately came over. He prepared himself for the jokes he knew were sure to come.

“Liv,” Justin said kissing Olivia’s cheek.

“Hey guys. Would you like to join us,” Olivia asked.

“And become the fourth and fifth wheel as the baby doc tries to introduce his little dime piece to his momma. Noooo,” Chris said. 

Then he and Justin both looked at Tamara.

“Hi there Ms Davis,” Justin said.

“Nice to see you again,” Chris followed.

She smiled shyly. “Hi,” she said.

If Nate didn’t know better he would think she was embarrassed.  Which was funny because not much of anything embarrassed her.

 “Okay, leave them alone.  Go away,” Olivia said playfully.

 

 

 

Jack walked in Glow worm with Ashley and Abby to have dinner.  They were still discussing and brainstorming about a spokes model for the new products.  Abby still refused to ask Roxanne.

“There’s Olivia,” Ashley said pointing in her direction. “I am going to say hello. Get us a table Jack.”

“I think I will say hello too.  Abby. Table,” he said walking off behind Ashley. 

“Ugh. Just treat me like a servant why don’t you,” he heard Abby say to their retreating back.

When Olivia saw them approaching she stood and hugged Ashley.

“Hey girl,” Ashley said.

“Hey there,” Olivia said in return.

Jack was wondering if she had told anyone about them dating.  It didn’t matter because he wasn’t about to hide it. He pulled Olivia into his arms and kissed her softly on the lips. “Hey beautiful,” he said.  He wanted to do more put they were in a public place.  She blushed and said, “Hi Jack,” as he released her.

He noticed Nate narrow his eyes. And he didn’t dare look at Ashley. He would deal with her questions when they sat down.

“Nate,” he said extending his hand. “I haven’t seen you in a while,” he said as Nate shook his hand firmly. “And who is this beautiful young lady?”

“This is Tamara Davis.  Tamara, this is Jack Abbot. Billy’s brother.  And Ashley, his sister. She is Abby’s mother.”

“Oh. Nice to meet you both,” Tamara said.

“Didn’t I see you at Delia’s birthday party,” Jack asked.

“Yes, I was there.”

“I thought so.  I never forget a pretty face.”

He looked back at Olivia who was still blushing. “Liv, can I speak with you in private later before you go.”

“Okay,” she said breathlessly.

“Ashley, shall we,” he said ushering her away from the table towards where Abby was sitting.

When they were far enough away she said, “Really Jack. When are you going to let that incessant crush on Olivia go? The flirting is one thing.  But to kiss her in a crowded dining room is just taking it too far. She was so embarrassed.”

So Olivia hadn’t told Ashley.  He wasn’t surprised with the revelation.  A little disappointed but not surprised. “I don’t think so sis.  Apparently Olivia didn’t tell you.  But we are dating now.”

“Dating,” she said astonished.

“Yes.”

“I am going to have to hear this from her.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this was all in your head.”

“Ask away.”

 

 Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Tucker casually walked from his car to the entrance of his building.  It took all his will power not to run.  After he had left Bell, he had Chloe call the furniture store to order a new king size bed.  It had arrived about an hour after he ordered it.   He had also called the bank and signed over ownership of Bell to her. He then informed his staff that Harmony would be moving in with him so they should expect her soon.   He wasn’t sure whether she had arrived yet but he hoped so.  There several time throughout the day that he wanted to call her but he didn’t.  It was more exciting that way.  Even though part of him was hurt that the only reason that she was here was because he forced it on her. 

He opened the front door to his home and walked in.  He didn’t see any sign that she was there.  There were no bags nor were the lights on.  She had promised to be in bed waiting so he decided to check his bedroom.

He walked into the dimly lit room and stopped at the sight of her. She was lying in the middle of the bed on her side with her head propped on her forearm as she slept. She never looked more beautiful.  And it was exactly how he dreamed she would look here.  He wondered if she was naked or if her statement today was just a bluff.  He walked to the edge of the bed and grabbed the comforter.  He slowly pulled it down to her just below her waist and stared hungrily.  She was naked as promised. He liked that she had kept her word.  That she had done what she said that she would do. He had found in the past that many women would say things but not follow through. 

He didn’t want to wake here but he had this need to see her entire body.  So he grabbed the comforter again and pulled it slowly down.  When it got halfway her leg, she woke up with a start and looked at him.  He held his breath waiting for her reaction.  When she gave him that same sultry smile he had seen earlier, he let out a breath.

“Hi baby,” she said in the same sexy whisper as she rolled over to her back and sat up leaning back on her hands.  Her beautiful breasts were perfectly displayed. 

“Hey there darlin.  I am happy you came.  Happy you are here,” he said walking to the side of the bed while staring at her body. He sat down next to her.

“Did you think I would flake out,” she asked.

“I didn’t know what to expect,” he said cupping her right breast and rubbing the nipple with his thumb.

“Mmm,”she moaned. “[i]I said I would be here wet and waiting.  I am a woman of my word.”

He wondered if she was wet.  He rubbed his hand from her from breast down her stomach to between her legs and found that she was very wet. She spread her legs wider and he circled her opening with his finger.

“Songbird,” he said watching her breast as she began to breathe hard. “I am sorry about what happened at the hospital. I am sorry for accusing you. I am sorry for the things I said.  I know there is really no excuse for it but my heart was broken when I thought that I was about to lose you.  Again.  The first time, I deserved to lose you. I deserved everything that happened.  But this time, I felt like I hadn’t done anything wrong. And I was losing you all over again. I can’t lose you. Not again,” he said. Then he began to slowly insert a finger in her.

“Baby,” she said panting. “I am not going anywhere.”

“That’s what you said Saturday night but just a day later you were ready to walk away from me,” he said as he slowly pulled his finger out of her and placed it on her clitoris. He pressed lightly

“Aaah,” she gasped. “Just like you needed some time when you thought I was pregnant, I needed some time to get over what you said to me. Besides, I am here now.”

“Yes,” he said smiling taking his hand from her folds. He leaned his forearms on his knees and clasped his hands together as he sat on the side of the bed.  “Naked and wet. But only because I forced it on you.”

“That’s not true.”

“You’re not really here for me,” he said sadly. “You’re here for Chris and Neil. To protect them.”

She chuckled softly and lifted to her knees behind him.  She leaned on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt so good.    He wanted to just throw her down and ravish her.

“Baby,” she whispered in his ear. “I am here to protect you. To protect you from yourself.  Now I care about Chris and Neil.  I do. But I care about you more. This is about you.  Not them.  And I am here because I want to be with you. If I can prevent ridiculous drama while doing so, then great. But even if that wasn’t the case, I would still be here.”

Her voice went straight to his loins.  She seemed to know all the right words to say and all the right things to do to pacify him.  If he wasn’t already fully aroused this would have made him so.  It was time that they finalized their deal that they had made earlier today.  He took her hand from around his neck and stood up.  He then walked out of the bedroom.

 

 

Location: Glow Worm

Justin sat at the bar with Chris having drinks before their food arrived listening to him recount speaking with the system architect’s wife.

“She was just so self-assured,” Chris said.

“It sure sounds like it.  She got you to go out with her sweet nanny,” Justin said with emphasis on the words sweet.

“No.  You did that. I refuse to lose a bet with you.”

“Oh well.  It worked out for her,” Justin said chuckling.

“True. I can’t wait to see this Pamela.  I’m telling you, she’s fine man,” Chris said.

“I believe so too.  Probably too fine to be with him which is why he got all twisted today. Now we know why he didn’t want to leave LA. Probably whipped.”

“Or scared someone else would slip in.  Pun intended,” Chris said laughing.

“I tried to get Neil to call her.  But you know stick up his butt wouldn’t do it. I wish you had been there.”

“Let’s call her tomorrow. Pretend like you lost the sweet nanny’s number,” Justin said.

Justin enjoyed working with Chris.  They had similar sense of humor so they got along well.  He reminded Justin a lot of Bill.  He was just a fun guy to be around.

“Uh oh, Precious’ little Foxy just walked in with another guy,” Chris said.

“Where,” Justin asked looking around spotting them being seated.  This didn’t look good.  One could mistake them for just friends if not for the way his hand was sitting right at the top curve of her butt and the smug smile he wore. 

Roxanne sat down in the booth and he sat down next to her.  Another tell. 

“I think she is on a date,” Chris said.

“Me too,” Justin said. “Devon did say she wanted to see other people.  I just didn’t give much credence to it.”

“Me either.  Let’s hope he doesn’t show up here tonight.”

 

 

Abby couldn’t believe that Roxanne was actually here with Chance with half Devon’s family here to witness it.  He needed to know that she was making a laughing stock of him. So, she sent him a text.  It read:

You should come to GW. Half your family is here.  And Roxy is here on a date with Chance looks like. Sorry.

“Abby,” Ashley said. “Did you have an opportunity to speak with Roxy?”

“No.  Not yet.”  And if she had her way she would never speak with her about it.

“Why don’t you go over and speak with her now. This is as good a time as any.”  Then she turned to Jack and said, “don’t you think so Jackie?”

But Uncle Jack wasn’t paying them any attention. He was too busy watching someone across the room.  Abby thought it might be Olivia but she wasn’t sure.

“Jackie,” Ashley said raising her voice.

“Oh. What did you say Ash?”

“I said that this would be a great time for Abby to ask Roxy to be spokes model.”

“Mom, she’s on a date.  No one wants to talk business on a date.”

“That’s true.  But tomorrow, you need to have that conversation with her,” Jack said.  “No putting it off.”

Abby rolled her eyes and took a sip of her wine.

 

Tamara couldn’t believe Roxanne’s luck.  Of all the places to show up on a date with another guy, she came here.  Half the people in here were related to Devon and the other half knew that they had been dating for forever.  Now she would be the one to have to put out this fire.  She just prayed that Devon didn’t somehow show up.

“I can’t believe Roxy is here with another guy,” Nate said angrily taking out his phone.

“She and Devon are broken up you know,” Tammy said.

“That’s not relevant Tamara,” Nate said.

“Nate. Do not call Devon and tell him,” Olivia said. “You know how hot headed he can be.”

“No mom.  He needs to know. He bought her an engagement ring today. He is planning on proposing to her tomorrow night. And she is out seeing someone else. Phillip Chancellor no less.  They are semi-related. That’s low.”

Engagement ring?  This was news.  And information that Roxy needed to be privy too, Tammy thought.  She wasn’t the biggest fan of Devon but she wanted her sister happy.  And marriage to Devon the cheater would make her happy.  Because god knows she had been totally miserable for the past few days.

“Nathan,” she said slowly lowering her voice the way she always did when she said his name.  And it had the same effect it always had on him.  His spine stiffened.  She placed her hand on his arm and said, “We don’t even know what’s going on yet.  Why don’t we go over and say hello. Judge the situation.  Then later on tonight you can tell Devon if you so choose.  But not now.”

He looked at her and she gave him her sexiest smile. Then he put his phone back into his coat pocket.

She would also make sure that Nathan was too preoccupied when they got home to remember to call. And if she really tried, she was sure she could get him to promise not to tell Devon at all.  The sacrifices one made for a sister she thought with a naughty smirk.

 “Excuse us,” she said looking at Olivia as Nathan stood.

“Thank you,” Olivia mouthed to her and she smiled in return.   

Nathan reached out his hand to her to assist her in rising.  They headed in the direction of the booth where Roxy and Chance were sitting.

As they were passing a booth with two young women, one said in a sexy voice, “Hello Dr Winters.” The other gave him a knowing smile.

“Hi Leslie,” he said and kept walking.

Tamara knew those looks. One of them had slept with Nathan. Her money was on the one named Leslie.  She didn’t have time to question him about it so she filed the information for later.

“Hey,” Tamara said smiling with her hand resting in the crook of Nathan’s arm as the reached their destination.

“Hey,” Roxy said sadly. 

If this was a date, Roxy didn’t seem too happy about it.

“Another beautiful Davis sister,” Chance said looking at her. “Hey Tamara.”  Then he focused on Nathan. “And if it isn’t Hastings.”

Nathan let out a long sigh.  Tammy knew he was fighting for control.

“I haven’t seen you in years,” Chance continued.

“Has it been that long McNeil,” said Nathan. Chance’s eyes narrowed.  They had both attended Walnut Grove although Chance was a few years older than him.

Nathan balled up his fist lay it on the table then leaned his body weight on it.

Then she spotted Justin looking there way and signaling.

“Nate, I think that your cousins are trying to get your attention. Remember what we discussed okay,” she said kissing him softly on the lips.

“Fine,” he said walking off.

“Roxy, I am going to go to the bathroom.  Want to come with,” Tammy said.

“Okay,” Roxy said with a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

 

 

Chris turned as Nathan approached them at the bar.

“Nate, I hope you did not call Devon and tell him about Roxy,” Chris said.

“No I didn’t.  I wanted to but mom and Tamara were against it.”

“Smart women,” Justin said.

“He deserves to know,” Nate said angrily.

“Relax. In the grand scheme of things this is no big deal,” Chris said.

“He’s planning to propose to her and she is out with some other guy.  That’s a big deal.”

“No.  It’s not,” Justin said.  “He already knows that she wants to see other people. Let’s keep that theoretical in his mind.  Not something that actually is real and happening. He’ll be fine. Besides, it’s not like she is sleeping with this guy.”

“How do we know that,” Nate said.

“Because this is Roxanne.  Come on. You know her,” Chris said.

“True. You’re right,” Nate said.

“Relax Nate,” Justin said.

Nate laughed as he visibly calmed down. And Chris was happy for that.  For a minute he thought that he was going to have to break up a fight between Nate and Roxy’s date.  These young men could be so emotional.  Even Nate was that way and he was colder blooded and self-disciplined than most men twice his age.

“Man. I pity your little dime piece and anyone who might even think about looking her way,” Justin said.

“Tamara knows better. She would never even attempt something like this,” Nate said.

 

 

Roxy followed Tamara into the bathroom at Glow Worm.

“I know what you are going to say Tam.”  She wanted to cut her off before the lecture started.

“You do?”

“Yes. And no, this is not a date.  He asked me to have dinner and I said yes. But before we left I told him that I was still in love with Devon and wanted to be with him.”

Tammy sighed. “Roxanne,” she said. “You have the worse luck.  I mean most of Devon’s family is here tonight.”

“I know. My stomach is in knots. And even though we are not together, I still feel like I am cheating on him.”

“That’s because in your heart you are.  I know this should be a surprise and all but I feel you need to know.  Devon bought you an engagement ring today.  So just imagine what would happen if he had been here.”

“He did,” she said smiling broadly.  So it was true.  Devon was planning on proposing to her tomorrow.

“That’s what Nathan says. So I suggest that you hurry Chance on up out of here girl. Because together or not, Devon would feel betrayed.”

“He asked me if I had a date earlier and I told him no.  I should have never come.”

“Now I am not saying all that,” Tammy said. “You should have just done reconnaissance first. That’s all. Survey the parking lot.  Make a few subtle inquiring phone calls. It works. I managed to keep Nathan from seeing me with another guy for three years.”

“By the way,” Roxy said. “Don’t think it escaped my notice that you are with Nate and his mother.  And you didn’t even tell me you were meeting her.”

“Listen chick. I don’t have to tell you everything.  You just have to tell me.  The rights of being a big sister,” they both laughed as they walked out of the bathroom.

 

 Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club

James walked into the club looking for his son and grandson when he spotted the spitfire at the bar having a drink.

“Jill,” he said walking up and standing beside her.

“I presume Tucker told you my name.”

“He did.  But that is all he told me about you. And I was happy about that.”

“And why is that,” she said.

“Because I would much rather find out the rest on my own.”

“Ha,” she said smiling. “Who says that I will give you the chance to do so?”

“Eyes don’t lie.  And your eyes are telling me that you like to be pursued. And just so you know, I like to pursue.”

“Is that right,” he asked.

“That’s right.  Now, here’s what we can do.  You can run and I will chase.  But you have to at least make it fair.”

“Fair?”

“Yes. Go out with me. Spend time with me. Give me an opportunity to catch you.”

“You know what,” she said.  “Why not. Pick me up tomorrow night.  8 o’clock. You know where I live. And I will let you take me dancing.”

“Done,” he said and walked away.

 

Location:  Glow Worm

Devon walked into Glow Worm heartbroken. Roxanne had lied to him today.  She said that she didn’t have a date but it seems she did.  Maybe this was something that happened after they had their conversation.  Maybe her original plans fell through and she just happened to meet Chance somewhere and they decided to grab some food.  That sounded more likely than her having a date and outright lying to him about it.

As he looked around, he immediately spotted her sitting in a booth with Chancellor next to her.  They looked to be on a date and his heart sank.  He wanted to cry but there was no way he would give the bastard she was with the satisfaction of seeing his weakness.

He also saw Justin and Nate at the bar and Olivia, Nate, and Tamara at a table.  And none of them had seen fit to call him and tell him that Roxy was here with another guy.

 

Roxy was busy trying to explain to Chance why she was ready to leave without eating when she saw Devon walk in.  He scanned the room, located them, and headed in their direction.  He wore a cold smile that matched his eyes perfectly.  She had scene that smile many times but never directed at her.   She knew from it that he was very upset.  Very hurt.

“So,” he said as he approached the table. “Having a good time on your date?”

Chance looked at him and smirked. “Actually Hamilton, I am.”

Devon had corrected Chance one time with his name. So he must be attempting to goad Devon on purpose. And that was the last thing he should do.

“Chance,” she said. “Why don’t you give me and Devon a few minutes?”

“No.  How about Phillip stays here,” Devon said balling up his fists at his side starring at Chance.

“Chance please.  Just a few minutes.”

“Sure. I need to make a few phones calls anyway. I will be in the back.  Just come get me when you’re done if I don’t come out before you are ready to go,” Chance said getting up and walking away.

Devon sat down across her from her and laid one arm across the back of the booth.  He propped the elbow of the other arm on the table and rested his head in his hand.

She watched Chance leave then looked back at Devon.  He had the same cold smile and same cold look.  She looked into his eyes and saw them water.  She knew that he was on the verge of tears.  She had only seen him cry once.  And that was when he had told her about his mother Dru dying.

“So, you lied to me. You’re a liar. Roxanne Davis is a liar now,” he said slowly. He appeared calm but she knew it was deceptive.

“Devon, this is not a date.”

“Really,” he said in mock astonishment. “Cause it sure looks like a date to me.”

“No,” she said. “Chance asked me to go to dinner because he was tired of seeing me look sad.”

“Yeah. Because there is nothing like a date with Phillip to make a woman happy.  I asked you if you had a date and you said no.”

“Because I didn’t.”

“Okay. Were these the plans you told me about earlier today.”

“Devon, I am-,” she began.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” he said laughing icily as he interrupted her. “And did he pick you up?”

“Baby, it’s not-,” she began again.

“I’m right again I see,” he said unemotionally. “Did you let him touch you?” he asked.

“If you would just let me-“

“Did you allow him to kiss you,” he interrupted her once again.

She had already lied to him once and she didn’t want to do it again.  She broke eye contact and look down at the table.  The pain in his eyes was too much to bear.

“Wow. Roxanne, you wasted no time did you. Here’s the bottom-line, I think. I’m a fool,” he said tapping the table with his finger after each point.  “I have been twisting myself in knots this past week trying to make a woman happy that doesn’t care about me. She wants someone else. She doesn’t love me.”

“That’s not true,” she said tearing up.  How could he say that?  She loved him more than anything.

“Oh, it’s true.  Maybe you did love me back in the day.  But I guess you outgrew it. It was just puppy love anyway. Right?  Not the real thing. At least now I know why you never answered my calls or texts. I thought maybe you were hurt. But it wasn’t that at all was it.  Now, I see what this is. Roxy’s got a new man.”

“Devon,” she said on a sob.

 

 

Olivia watched Devon and Roxanne with trepidation.

“Who called him because I know this was not coincidence,” she asked out loud. 

“Nathan,” Tamara said calmly. “Did you call him after we asked you not too?”

“No, I didn’t.  Justin and Chris made me see reason. But look at the way Abby is staring.  I bet it was her.  She has a thing for Devon.”

“You know what.  I am going to have a little talk with her later,” Tammy said.

“Okay. Now she’s crying. Nathan go get him,” she turned around and signaled to Chris and Justin then point to Devon and Roxy. “Take him outside then tell them to take him home.  If not someone is going to end up bailing him out of jail tonight for assaulting Chance.  And I refuse for it to be me.”

 

 

Devon sat their watching Roxy cry.  He wanted to cry along with her. He hated seeing her cry.  And even worse was seeing her cry because of him.  Couldn’t she see how much he loved her? Couldn’t she see that he wanted her more than anything in this world? He only said those things because he wanted her to refute them.  Just in a semi believable way so that he could make excuses.  And even knowing that she couldn’t and that she had lied to him and that she was out with Chancellor, he still wanted her. He had no pride when it came to her. It wouldn’t matter to him if she had slept with Phillip. He would still love her. He would still want to marry her.

“Don’t cry Rox,” he said with tears in his eyes. “I’m so-“

“Hey buddy,” Justin said.

“Hey,” Devon replied.

“How about you step outside with us for a second,” Nate said.

“I’d rather not.”

“I think it is a good idea. Roxy’s already crying. You don’t want to hurt her anymore do you,” Justin asked.

He looked at her and said, “I’m sorry Foxy.”

They were right.  He needed to calm down before he finished this conversation.  So he stood and walked out as they followed him.

 

 

When Devon left, Olivia, accompanied by Tamara went over to the table to check on Roxanne who sat silently crying.

“Hey sweety,” Olivia said.

“Hey,” she said smiling weakly.

Poor girl, Olivia thought.  These men, even her sweet nephew, could be so cruel when their feelings were hurt.

“Let’s go to the bathroom okay,” Tammy said.

“Okay.”

Roxy stood and headed to the bathroom with them right behind.

Right before they reached their destination, Chance came out of a side room.

“Roxanne, are you okay,” he said grabbing her hand. 

Olivia felt the need to look behind them to ensure that Devon did not see them talking.  She was sure that would end up in some sort of altercation between the two young men.

“Yes, I’m fine.” 

“You don’t look fine.  Let me take you home.”

“Absolutely not,” Tammy said. “We will take her home.”

If there was any doubt in her mind, this solidified her opinion.  She loved her son’s choice in Tamara Davis. The girl had sense. If Roxy had any chance of getting back on track with Devon, she could not be seen leaving with Chance.

“Is this what you want,” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Okay. I will call you tomorrow,” he said walking away.

Then they entered the bathroom.

Olivia took out a handkerchief and wet it.  Then she began to wipe Roxy’s face.

“Sweety. What happened?  What did he say?”

“Devon thinks that I don’t love him now.  He said that I was a liar. And now I have ruined everything,” she said starting to cry all over again.

“Well, you did lie to him Roxanne.”

“Shut up Tam.”

“I think that it’s obvious to all that you love Devon.  He knows it too,” Olivia said smiling at their exchange. She remembered when she and Dru had similar back and forth about the men that they dated. Times like this made her really miss her sister.  Sometimes she needed back up dealing with the men in her family.  Another reason to be glad that Eve was coming to town.

“You didn’t see the look on his face. He gave me his icy smile. It’s the look he gives people when he is done with them and ready to cut them off.”

 Olivia laughed softly as she wet the handkerchief in cold water again and folded it.  She placed it across Roxy’s forehead and held it there. “Devon loves you. He won’t be cutting you off. You kids are so dramatic. Here’s what you do. Give him a couple of days to cool off. Cook dinner. Make sure you look really nice.  Wear something pretty. Then invite him over. Tell him that you were wrong to break things off with him. That you love him and only him. Trust me. Works every time.  Men are simple creatures. Devon is no exception.”

“That could work,” Tammy said impressed.

“Of course it will work. Now, I really hope they are not in the parking lot beating up Chance.  We all know Devon is volatile. And Nate has just enough Malcolm Winters in him so that he will act a fool on occasion.  Justin, I think, has mellowed in his old age so he might put a stop to it. But Chris would probably stand there smiling and watching it unfold.  Let me go out there and check on them.”

 

 Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Harmony sat up on the edge of the bed in the same spot that Tucker had vacated. She was trying to figure out what had just happened. Earlier Tucker had said he wanted her here.  But now that she was here, he didn’t seem happy about it.  And to top it all off, she was sitting here naked. And ever worse, wet and sexually frustrated as well. She noticed movement out of the corner of her eye as Tucker re-entered the room.

He walked to her and stood in front of her. She titled her head back to look into his eyes. 

“So, you don’t want me here,” she asked.

He smiled and said, “Of course I want you here Songbird.  I just want it to be what you want and for the right reasons.” 

She watched him drop to his knees before her. He placed both hands on her thighs as he began to rub them from thigh to knee. 

“I thought that the reasons didn’t matter.  Why you were with me didn’t matter. As long as you were with me, I was fine. But when I saw you here in this bed, I found that it does matter. I love you. And want to be with you. And I want you to feel the same,” he said.

“I do.  There will be no more running away. Or changing my mind. I want to be with you.”  She had made that decision last night.

“Good,” he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a ring box.  He opened it and she caught her breath and let it out slowly.

“I know that I am a difficult man to love.  I know that. I know that it takes effort. I can be stubborn, strong willed, impatient, impulsive, and vindictive.  Let’s just say that I know that I am a project. But I promise to make the effort worth your while. I will really try to change. I have never had a reason to try before.  I guess I have never cared enough about what anyone thinks before either.  But I promise you, I will try to be a better man for you.  I want to be worthy of you. Of your love.  So, will you give me a chance?  A real chance. To be the man that you deserve.”

“Yes,” she said with tears in her eyes.

“I love you Yolanda. Will you marry me?”

“Yes,” she whispered.

He took the ring out of the box and placed it on her finger.

“It’s even more beautiful on your finger than I thought it would be,” he said lifting her hand to his lips and kissing the ring.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

“I love you just the way that you are baby.  You don’t have to change for me,” she whispered in his ear.

“Really,” he said pulling back so that he could look at her face.

“Yes, really.”

“Hhhm, we will see about that.”

“I guess so.”

 

 Location:  Glow Worm Parking Lot

Justin saw Roxy’s date walk out of the restaurant and head their way. 

“Here comes lover boy now,” Nate said.

“I should beat his ass for even thinking that he could go out on a date with my Foxy,” Devon said.

“I agree,” Nate said. “If it was Tamara, I know I would.”

Justin heard Chris laugh and knew he had no help coming from him in calming these two down.

“That is not the way to go.  You want Roxanne back right,” Justin asked.

“More than anything.”

“Well, if you act like some brute and get an assault charge for fighting with this guy, then you’ll be seen as the Neanderthal and he will get the sympathy from her.  Don’t do it.  Besides, he is leaving alone.  She is still inside.  Just let him pass.  Focus on her.”

“You’re right.  But he had better not say anything to me.  If he does then I can’t be held responsible.”

Justin could tell by the guy’s demeanor that he wanted a confrontation. So he approached him before he got too close.

“Listen man,” he said whispering. “I would really hate for Roxanne to find out that you got an assault charge fighting Devon. He already has an advantage over you because she loves him.  But if you hurt him then she would never give you the time of day again.”

Chance looked at him and nodded his head slightly. He’s sensible, Justin thought.

“So just walk around to your car the long way.”

Chance turned in the other direction and he breathed a sigh of relief.

 

 

Jack saw Olivia come out from the bathroom and excused himself from Abby and Ashley.

“Liv,” he said.

“Hey Jack.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes.  Just a lover’s spat with Devon and Roxy.”

“Oh,” he said. “I hope everything is cleared up now.”

“It’s better.”

“I wanted to spend some time with you.  I was wondering if I could take you home.”

She smiled at him. “Of course Jack.  Let’s go outside and tell Nate.”

 

 

Abby sat in quiet glee over the destruction she had caused. A small part of her did feel bad for Roxy when she began crying but she would do it all over again.  Devon needed to know what was happening.

“Abby,” Ashley said. “I think I am going to head on home.  I have an early morning tomorrow.  Paul and I will be flying out to Rickey’s Funeral. I am still so proud of you for how you handled that.”

“Thanks mom.  And give condolences to the Branas and Paul.”

“Will do honey.  Bye.”

“Bye,” Ashley said leaving.

Abby wondered whether Devon was outside or whether he had gone home. She picked up her phone to call him when she saw both Roxy and Tammy approach.

“Abby,” Tamara said as Roxanne looked on with puffy red eyes. “Did you call Devon and tell him that Roxy was here with Chance?”

“What?”

“You heard me. Did you tell Devon about Roxy being here with Chance?”

“I don’t see how that matters,” she said looking from Tammy to Roxy.

“Which means you did right,” Tammy asked.

“Abby,” Roxy said. “What did I ever do to you to make you try to ruin my life?”

Abby didn’t know how to answer that.  She wanted to say that her existence was enough but then she would sound like a loon because Roxy never did anything to her.  She was always pleasant.

“Roxy, can’t you see.  She wants your man, girl.”

“You’re right,” Roxy said. “I guess I was just giving her the benefit of the doubt.  So Abby, you’re right. It doesn’t matter. You know why?  Because Devon still loves me and he does not love you.  Now I tolerated you because Devon considered you his friend.  And since he was the only one you seem to have, I felt sorry for you.  But make no mistake, I never liked you either.”

Abby was impressed with Roxy’s little speech. She seemed to have more backbone than she gave her credit for.  Kudos to her for not being the simpering little Ms Goody Two Shoes she had taken her for.

“Well that is awesome.  Now we can both stop pretending,” Abby said.

“Works for me.”

“Rox,” Tammy said looking at Roxy. “Let’s go outside with Devon and Nate.  I am sure he is waiting for you,” she said.  Then she looked to Abby with a devious smile. “You can let him take you home and spend all night making this up to him.  I am sure he would love that.”

Abby felt herself about to throw up at the visual of Devon and Roxy having make up sex.

“I think I will do just that,” Roxy said turning leaving.

Tammy looked at her one last time and turned up the corner of her top lip in an ugly frown. Then rolled her eyes and walked off.

 

 

Chris was having a ball tonight.  He knew he shouldn’t think this situation entertaining.  Especially since it involved Precious and his little Foxy, but he couldn’t help himself.  He found himself chucking a few times.  He figured it was time for him to step in with words of wisdom.

“Precious. My man. What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.”

“You still want to marry her right,” Justin asked

“Yes.”

“Okay. Take her home tonight and have some great make up sex,” Chris said.

“I’m still angry.  I don’t want to ever to touch her when I am angry.”

“What,” Justin exclaimed astonished. “Angry sex is some of the best sex I have ever had,” he said thinking about the last time he had made love to Donna before he left.  He had definitely been angry with her.

Devon looked at Nate who hunched his shoulders. “I don’t know man. During all the make-up sex I had, the woman was mad at me.  Not me mad at her.  So I can’t say.”

“Listen Devon. It’s rare that a good woman like Roxy messes up and gets caught. When it happens you got to milk it for all it’s worth. This is probably the first and last time she will do anything of this magnitude, which is not even that big a deal anyway.  Trust me.  She will do anything right now. She will fulfill any fantasy about her that you have ever had,” Chris said.

Devon looked at Nate again who gave the same clueless shrug.

“Besides Devon,” Justin said.  “You need to remind her of why she would rather be your woman than that other guy.”

Chris laughed again at the thoughtful look on Devon’s face.

“He means take her home and blow her back out so that even if she does spend time with this other cat tomorrow, she won’t be able to think of anyone but you,” Chris said.

Devon looked at Nate once again who smiled and nodded.

 “I want to but I promised myself I would never touch another woman in anger again.  After what happened with Tyra, I just can’t.”

“Tyra,” Justin asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Devon said. “Let’s just say that when I am angry I have a tendency to forget myself and do stupid things that I will regret later.  I can’t do it.  Not with my Foxy.  I will wait until I calm down before I make love to her.

Well, Chris had tried. There was nothing else for him to do but sit back and watch the saga continue to unfold.

“I think I will leave now before she even comes out.  I don’t want to be tempted,” Devon said walking away.

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Tucker watched Harmony fall back on the bed staring at her ring and his mouth watered.  He had thought he was ravenous for her before but now he felt like he was starving.

“Songbird,” he said taking his shirt off.  “Will you please lie on the pillows?”

She laughed and said, “Okay.”  She climbed further into the bed and laid her head on the pillows.

“Lie on your back, put your feet flat on the bed with them wide apart.  I want to see you,” he said as he walked to the foot of the bed.

She complied the way he knew that she would.  He loved that about her. She was very willing to accommodate.  But after turning him down last night, he figured that was about to change. 

“I love the way you look in my bed,” he said taking off his shoes, socks, pants and underwear. 

“Really,” she said smiling and running both her hands through her hair. 

“It’s where you belong.”

He stood at the foot of the bed naked and watched her breast lift with the movement.  He stared at their perfection then lifted his eyes to her face.  She wore a very smug smile.  Then it dawned on him.  She was teasing him with her body.  She had done it last night when she sucked on is finger.  And she had done it today in the office at Bell.  If he didn’t know better he would think that she was trying to control him with sex.  He knew he shouldn’t like the idea but he did. I could prove to be a lot of fun.

“Are you teasing me,” he asked smiling.

“Maybe. Do you like it,” she said with a throaty chuckle.

“I love it,” he said gripping the footboard with both hands and watching her lay in the bed. “But just know that when you tease things you have to eventually deliver. You can’t tease forever.”

“Things,” she asked.

“Last night. You on your knees in front of me. Sucking on my finger,” he said lowering his voice. With all his experiences with women, he knew that was something that you just didn’t ask them to do.  And especially not Black women.  But he saw in her eyes that she knew what he meant. 

“If you are a good boy, then I might reward you,” she said winking.

“How good do I have to be,” he said huskily reaching down and grabbing himself firmly in his hand.

“Very good,” she said.

“Hhmmm,” he said stroking himself.

“Exceptionally good.”

“I can handle that. So it’s a deal. Slide down here,” he said.

She scooted down to the foot of the bed.  He released himself and leaned over the raised footboard.  He rubbed his hands from her bent knees down her thighs, over her abdomen and to her breast.  He cupped both of them in a hand and squeezed them.

“Mmm,” she moaned.

“These are perfect,” he said rubbing his thumbs across the nipples. “But I suspect you know that with the way you have them on display every day.”

“Mmm,” she said arching her back.

“Do they normally get you what you want,” he asked as he pinched her nipples.

“Sometimes,” she moaned.  He released her breast.   He lifted her legs and spread wide.  He then draped them over the footboard.  He stared at her lower lips covered in her juices.  He reached his right hand out and rubbed her clitoris in a circle with his thumb.  He used his free hand to rub himself.

“Mick, stop teasing me,” she said breathlessly. “Make love to me. Please. I want to feel you inside of me.”

“Not yet,” he said. “We have all night.”

He continued to rub her clitoris as she started to lift herself up and rotate her hips in small circles.  As she lifted up her breast began to bounce.

“Songbird, play with your breast,” he said coaxingly.  She looked at him questioningly then lifted both hands to breast and began to massage then and rub the nipples. The visual caused his stomach muscles to tighten.  “Damn, you’re sexy.”

“Mmm,” she said closing her eyes. “I am about to come.”

He stopped stroking her then slid his finger down her folds to her opening.

“Don’t stop baby,” she begged.

“I want to feel you come,” he said in a husky tone while slowly pushing a finger inside of her.  “You’re going to have to finish it off yourself.”

She opened her eyes and looked at him.  She gave the same questioning look she had given when he asked her to touch her breast.  He knew he was pushing her. But he wanted her comfortable with him.  His sexual appetites leaned toward the freaky.  Being his wife would require her to be equally as freaky.   

After a few seconds, she gave him a beautiful dimpled smile and released one of her breast to touch the tips of her fingers to her clitoris.  She began circling her hand over it.  She closed her eyes and continued to play with her breast.

“Mmm,” she moaned as she began to lift and circle her hips again.

“You’re beautiful Songbird,” he said as he rubbed himself faster.

“I’m coming,” she screamed as she lifted her hips up from the bed as came.  He could feel in muscles contract around his finger.  After he felt her last clench he slowly extracted his finger.

She opened her eyes and looked at him.  He looked her in the eyes and raised the finger that he just been buried inside of her to his mouth and sucked the off juices.

“I see that you have become even more delicious over the past 4 days,” he said. 

She blushed in response the way that he knew that she would.

He lifted her legs and laid her crossways in the bed.  He walked around to the side and grabbed her ankles. He pulled her towards him so that her butt was positioned at the edge and her legs were hanging over his arms.  The bed was high enough so that she was at the perfect place for him to stand at the edge and slide into her. He placed himself at her opening to do just that.

 

 Location:  Phyllis Apartment

Phyllis opened her front door to see Nick standing there with Summer.

“Mommy,” Summer said hugging her legs.

“Hey baby girl. I have a treat for you in the kitchen.  Why don’t you go look on the counter?”

“Awesome,” Summer said running off in the direction of the kitchen.

“Hi,” she said with Nick.  She still didn’t know what they were doing now.  They weren’t together but they were seeing each other. Well really, they were sleeping together.

“Hey there,” he said. “I wanted to talk to you about something.  Do you mind if I come in for a while?”

“Since when do you need an invitation to come in Nick,” she said jokingly as he walked inside.  She could tell that whatever she had to say was serious.

“Phyllis, our current arrangement is not working for me.”

“Okay,” she said smiling broadly.  He must be ready to give them another chance.  The current living arrangement was not working for her either.  She would much prefer to be living in their home on the ranch. “I would love to move back to the ranch,” she said.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Oh,” she wondered if he was suggesting moving in with her.

“No Phyllis. I think that it’s time that we stopped this game we play.  I think that we should both move on.”

“Really Nick,” she said sarcastically. “I have already moved on.”  She hadn’t but she wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of dumping her.  Especially since it was her decision to leave their marriage and he had been recently sleeping with her sister.

“Phyllis.  I am not trying to hurt you. I –“

“Aren’t you? But luckily for me I am way past being hurt by you.  Way past” she said.

“Good then,” he said. “Tell Summer I will call see her tomorrow,” he said and walked out the door.

What just happened, Phyllis asked herself.  She wondered if he had started back sniffing around Sharon again. That was the only thing that could possibly make him do this 180 on her.  Sharon was just not the woman that everyone thought that she was.  She just wasn’t.  She was sure that something else would happen that would bring Nick back her way.  And when it happened she promised herself that she would be strong enough to resist him.

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Harmony lay on her back looking up at Tucker.  She should feel embarrassed about touching herself in front of him but she didn’t.  The look on his face as she did so made her feel adored and potent. Now he stood between her legs looking down at her body.  She felt him begin to push inside of her.

“Mick, I am still not on birth control.”

“Good,” he said looking down at himself as he entered her slowly.

“Not good,” she said moving her legs to rest her feet against his chest to stop him.

He looked down at her with a predatory smile.  And she knew that she was not going to like what he would say.

“Baby, I thought that you understood the deal that you made earlier,” he said.

“I do. We’re engaged to be married. We’re a family.”

“Okay,” he said reaching between her legs and rubbing her clitoris slowly. “Then being a family means children, which means no birth control for you. And being my wife entails no barriers between us when we make love.”

“But,” she said about to protest.

“Yolanda,” he interrupted staring into her eyes as he pulled out of her. “I love you and want to be with you.  But I realized today that I can’t force you.  I don’t want to force you. Either we are a family or not.  Either you want to be my lady or not. There is no in between. Now, I want you to choose me but the choice is still yours. What’s it going to be?”

This was just like Tucker. He was absolutely everything that he described himself as earlier.  And she loved him anyway. There really wasn’t a choice to be made. She loved him and wanted him. And she felt like he deserved the chance to raise a child. She wouldn’t deprive him of that again.  Besides, she wanted to have another baby and a chance to do it right.

She took her feet from his chest and laid her legs over his arms.  She reached down between her legs to hold him in her hands.  Then rubbed him slowly and said, “I made my choice over 23 years ago Mick.”  Then she placed him at her opening.

He smiled broadly and said, “That’s what I want to hear Songbird.”

He looked back down then pushed into her swiftly.

“Ahhh,” she screamed.

“I love you,” he said as he began to move in powerful sure strokes.

She lifted her hips to meet his strokes as she squeezed him with her inner muscles.

“You feel so good baby,” he said as he squeezed her thighs with his hands.  He looked up from where they were joined to her breast. “Can I borrow your hands again? Hmm?”

She complied by massaging her breast with one hand and rubbing her clitoris with the other. Seeing the look in his eyes as she did so made her stomach muscles clench and got her that much closer to her second orgasm.

“Mick,” she screamed.

“I know baby. I know,” he said stopping and pulling out of her. “Slide back into the bed.”

She slid back and he climbed on the bed to kneel between her legs. He placed himself at her entrance then lifted her legs onto his arms.  He lowered himself over her body and kissed her deeply as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He began to move in and out of her in a feverish pace.

He broke the kiss and lifted his head to look at her face.

“You’re gorgeous,” he said in a deep voice while looking into her eyes. “And all mine.”

“Mick,” she screamed again.  She was very close orgasm. She began to lift her hips to meet his thrusts and clenched her muscles around him.

“Are you my lady,” he asked staring into her eyes.

“Yes Mick,” she moaned.

“Well, give me all then baby,” he said leaning down to whisper in her ear. “Give me all.”

 “Aaah,” she screamed as the sound his voice whispering in her ear pushed her over the edge.

The vibrations of her orgasm around him made him come along with her.  His arms shook with the force of it.  She felt him pulse inside of her and it drew her own orgasm out longer.

When they were both finished shuddering he looked down at her and said, “Is it just me or does our love making just get better and better.”

“No baby,” she said smiling up at him and brushing his hair out of his face.  “It’s not just you.” 

He lowered his head and kissed her slowly.  She opened her mouth and he pushed his tongue inside to tangle with hers.

“Mmm,” she said as he began to move in and out of her.  She felt him harden.

She broke their kiss and laughed softly. “Already. Wow, I’m impressed Mick”.

“Take note. This is what happens when you deprive me for days on end. I fully intend to wear you out tonight,” he said smiling as he began to make love to her all over again.

 

Time: Late Evening

Location: Sophia Winters Apartment

Sophia had just finished checking her mail in hopes that the paternity test results had come back today when her phone rang. 

“Hello,” she said.

“Hey Soph.”

“Calista, tell me that you are moving to town with John and his fiancée.”

“Yes I am.”

“Yaaaay,” Sophia said. “I am so excited.”

“Me too.  But don’t tell Uncle Tuck. I want it to be a surprise.”

“Okay I won’t.”

“I also have something else I wanted to talk to you about. Pamela insists that I attend the gala Saturday.”

“I think that is a good idea.  I think it is way past time for you to really date.”  She didn’t know what had happened to Callie.  But about 10 years ago she had just stopped dating.  As far as Sophia knew, Callie hadn’t had a boyfriend in that same amount of time.

“I know Soph.  You’re right. Which is the only reason that I am even entertaining going on this blind date that she set up for me there.”

“A blind date? With someone in Genoa City.  I didn’t even know that she knew anyone here.”

“Apparently, she doesn’t.  But she’s one of those people that get what she wants.”

“I spoke with her today and I did get the vibe. 

“She got the President of Bell Communications to agree to be my escort.  Do you know him?  Tell me now.  Am I making a huge mistake?”

Sophia didn’t really know Chris that well but he seemed to be a decent guy.  If only a little full of himself.

“I don’t know him that well but he is cousins with Moses’ father.  I think all males in the family are similar in some regards.  They are all about family.  They really take care of their women.  But they are also kind of conceited,” Sophia said.  Then she thought a second longer. “And all very fine,” she said laughing.

“Really,” Callie said.

“Yes girl.  Really very fine.”

“Even Chris.”

“Especially Chris. Plus he seems really smart.   Great sense of humor.  But that’s all that I really know.”

“Okay.  The ultimate question.  Would you let him baby sit Moses?”

“In a heartbeat.”

“I guess I don’t have any excuses now.”

“I guess not,” Sophia said laughing.

 

Location:  Olivia’s condo

Olivia sat on her couch next to Jack.  She was still shocked that he had kissed her in crowded Glow Worm.  Now she knew that she was going to have to explain things to Ashley.  Something that she didn’t want to do until she was sure about whether she was going to continue to see him or not.

“I feel at odds,” he said.

“At odds,” she questioned.

“Yes.  Jabot just is not doing it for me anymore.  I want something different from life.  I want to help people. Do something useful.”

Olivia had always known Jack to care for nothing but his family, pleasure seeking, and Jabot.  So to hear him say this now made her respect him more than she had previously.

“I totally get that Jack.  I do.  It’s one of the reasons that I chose medicine.”

“Really?  I thought you chose medicine because you know how pretty that white lab coat looks up against your skin,” he said smiling at her.

She blushed in spite of herself.

“You are such a flirt Jack.”

He slid closer to her and put his arm around the back of the couch.  He then placed his hand atop hers in her lap. He looked her in the eyes and said, “I know that I can be a flirt but I mean everything I say to you.”

She stared in his eyes for a few seconds before looking off and clearing her throat.

“So you want to make a difference in the world?”

“Yes.  I just want to focus on different things now,” he said.

“Like what?”

“Like my family. I have missed so much time with my children.  Keemo is still in Tokyo.  And Kyle is at boarding school.  I want them here. Close to me.”

“I understand that too. I really do.  When all is said and done, our children, our family is all we really have.”

“Why do you seem so sad when you say that?  Is something going on with Nate?  Or are you missing Dru?”

“Both,” she said as she smiled sadly at him.  Not many people would have asked her that question about Dru.  When tragedies like what occurred with Dru happened, people didn’t know what to say.  It was like they thought that if they didn’t bring it up, then she wouldn’t be in pain.  But it didn’t work that way.

“Both?”

“Yes,” she said. “Nate has been suspended from the hospital.  They are accusing him of being negligent with Ricky William’s death.  I don’t think that he is but it seems that the review board might find him at fault.  They will have an inquest on Friday and I am afraid of what will come of it.  I think that they might try to make an example of my baby because of me being Chief of staff.”

He released her hand to cup her face.  He stared into her eyes and rubbed his thumb over her cheek. 

“No one is going to railroad Nate into something that he didn’t do.  I will make sure of that.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Don’t worry about it.  Just let me handle it.  Trust me,” he said in a husky voice.

“Thank you,” she said.  If Jack said he would handle something, she knew that he would.

“No thanks necessary.  I would do anything for you.  Anything.  Besides, I care about Nate too,” he said looking at her lips.

She leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips. When she pulled away she could see the awe in his eyes.  A woman didn’t get to her age without being able to tell when a man was being authentic about his feelings.  And Jack really did care about her.  She found that she cared about him too.  And not just as friends.  She was feeling that familiar yearning of sexual desire.  And it was a strong pull.  She still marveled that Jack was the object of said desires.

“You know what,” he said. “I think I better go or I might not be able to in a few minutes.”

“Okay,” she said smiling.  She thought that was a good idea or she would probably find herself naked underneath him soon.

 

Location:  Lily Winters House

Lily rushed to the door to see who was ringing her doorbell so urgently.  She looked through the peep hole and saw that it was Devon.  She opened the door ready to give him a lecture but it caught in her throat.  She could tell that he had been crying.  Something he rarely allowed himself to do.  Without asking any questions, she hugged him tightly around the neck and his arms went around her.  After a few seconds he stepped out of her arms and walked past her into the house.

She closed the door and stood next to it waiting on him to explain himself. 

“So, Roxy has a new boyfriend.”

“What makes you say that,” she asked. Roxy did tell her that she was moving on but she said nothing about having a boyfriend. 

“Because she was out tonight on a date with Chance,” he said sitting down on the couch.

Lily walked over to the couch and sat beside him.

“What makes you think it was a date.  It could have just been two people eating together.”

“I wasn’t the only one who thought it.  Abby texted me and told me that she was there on a date.  I didn’t necessarily believe her but when I got there they were together and sitting next to each other in a booth.  I mean, who does that unless they are on a date. And what’s worse is that most of the family was there.  Nate, Aunt Olivia, Chris, Justin. And none of them called me and said a word. “

“Hold up. Abby called you and asked you to come there.”

“Yes.  She was the only one that cared enough about how I felt.”

“Well no one called you because this isn’t a big deal.  And Abby called you because she wants you for herself.’

“What,” Devon said with a surprised look.

“Oh, you didn’t know?”

“I don’t think-“

“It’s true,” she said interrupting him. “Don’t be naïve Devon.  She has a thing for you. It’s one of the reasons why I didn’t want her to be your business partner.”

Devon sat quietly thinking.  He appeared to be trying to wrap is mind around what she had just said.

“Yes, think about it long and hard. The signs are all there.”

“Maybe she does have a crush on me.  But I would like to think that she agreed to be my partner because she saw my talent and potential,” Devon said.

“That too.  But she wants you.  Don’t let her come between you and Roxy.”

“Oh, she’s not the one coming between us.  That would be Phillip Chancellor IV,” Devon said bitterly.

“Devon, Rox does not love Phillip.  And he is only a factor if you let him be. The real problem is you.  You and your plan and ideas about how things should go.  Rox should have never had to tell you she was ready to get married.  She should have never even had to have this discussion with you. You two have been together for 3 years.  I have been married twice and each guy did not date me for 3 years before they decided they wanted to marry me.”

“And look at how both those turned out,” he said.

“Whatever. Point is that Roxy shouldn’t be waiting on you.  I wouldn’t either if I was her.”

“I know I screwed up.  I want nothing more than to marry her okay.  I bought her a ring today.  I was going to ask her over dinner tonight.”

“And you didn’t tell me,” Lily gasped in surprise.  How could Devon decide to get married and not tell her?  She was disappointed.

“I love you sis, but you know how you are.  You can’t hold anything,” he said smiling.

“Whatever,” she said again. “So what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you saying that you don’t know if you want to marry Roxy now?”

“No. Of course I still want her.”

“Good.” 

Lily was happy to hear that Devon wouldn’t let Abby’s tattling keep him from being happy with the woman he loved.

“But maybe she doesn’t want me anymore.   He’s a Chancellor and can give her things that I can’t.”

She laughed heartily at that.  Devon obviously needed to adjust his way of thinking.

“First of all, this is Roxy.  She does not and never has cared about money.  But say that she did. You do realize that Devon Hamilton, poor kid in foster care is long gone right.  You are Devon Winters. Whose father Neil Winters is a millionaire. Whose biological father Tucker McCall is a billionaire who only has you as an heir.  And whose biological grandmother is also a billionaire and a Chancellor. You do realize that people are calling you the Crown Prince of Genoa City.  Like I said, not that it matters but Chance has nothing on you in that department.”

“I guess you are right,” he said he said with a wry smile.

“I know I am right.”

“But she lied to me.”

“Eh,” she said waving her hand. “Give her a pass.”

“That’s essentially what Justin and Chris said earlier.”

“Well listen to us. Besides, you don’t want her to know how self-righteous and unforgiving you can be until after you are married.  It will be harder for her to walk away from you then,” she said jokingly.

“Whatever,” he said laughing.

 

Location:  Olivia’s condo

Jack watched her rise so he stood also. She turned and preceded him to the door.  As usual when he was walking behind her, his eyes went straight to her butt. In his mind, there wasn’t much better than watching Olivia’s hips sway from side to side as she walked away from him.  But then, he had yet to touch her there so he was sure that list of things he liked the most about Olivia would change as he had new experiences.  Up until a couple of days ago looking was all he had. But now, he was touching.  And he refused to leave without knowing what her butt would feel like in his hands.

She started to open the door but he put his hand up to push it closed.  She turned around startled and gave him questioning look.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her roughly into his arms.

“Jack,” she squealed breathlessly.

“I can’t believe you are going to let your boyfriend leave without giving him a real kiss,” he said huskily.

She gave him a sexy smile and his stomach dropped. He had seen that smile on her before.  But never had it been directed at him.

“You’re right.  My boyfriend definitely must be kissed,” she said softly as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

She rose on tiptoe and fused her lips to his.  He felt her tongue licking the seam of his own and opened his mouth.  She pushed her tongue inside mouth repeatedly simulating the act that he had wanted to perform with her since he was 16 years old.

He slowly lowered his hands from her waist to her butt and squeezed. 

She broke the kiss and looked him in the eyes.  Then she smirked and said, “Jack Abbot, I would have never taken you for an ass man.”

“I am an Olivia man,” he said pushing her back against the door. “Any and every part of her mesmerizes me.  Any and every part of her is sexy,” he whispered.

She kissed him again.  This time more passionately than the last.  And Jack knew that she wanted him. That Olivia was finally seeing him as a man. 

He broke the kiss and looked down at her.

“I should go,” he said.

“You don’t have to go Jack,” she said softly.

He knew what she was offering.  And lord knows he wanted it. Had wanted it since he knew what it was.  But that wasn’t all he wanted.  And if he played his cards right, he knew he could get it.

“I should leave.  I don’t want to rush anything between us.  I want our relationship built right so that it will last.”

“Jack,” she whispered rubbing both her hands up and down his chest. “We’re both mature adults. I don’t think whether it happens now or later will matter.”

“It matters to me Liv. I have waited way too long for this opportunity. I don’t want to waste it,” he said grasping both her hands that were rubbing his chest.  He stepped back and pulled her away from the door.

“Goodnight,” he said kissing her on her cheek.  Then he opened the door and walked out.

 

 

 

 

 



 

Episode 17 by Diva58

Episode 17

Time: Next day of last episode, Early Morning

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s House

Tucker woke up to the feel of the entire front of his body against the back of Harmony’s.  His palm rested flat against her stomach and his erection was nestled between her butt cheeks. He slid his hand up to cup one of her breasts and rubbed the nipple with his thumb.

“Mmm,” she moaned still asleep.

“Good morning Songbird,” he whispered in her ear as he began to grind his pelvis into her butt.

“No baby,” she said groggily. “I’m still sleeping.  Just give me 20 more minutes. And I promise I will let you have your way with me.”

“Okay,” he said burying his face in her hair.  He lay there smelling and rubbing his face in her soft curls for a few minutes. Then he got out of bed and picked up his cell phone from the night stand.  He walked into the bathroom dialing Devon’s number.

“Hello,” he heard his son say.

“Devon. You’re up.”

“Yes.  I have always been an early riser,” Devon said.

Tucker smiled at the knowledge.  He was also a morning person.  He must have gotten that from him because he surely didn’t get it from his mother.

“Do you have any plans for breakfast?”

“No.”

“How about you meet me and your mother at Katherine’s for breakfast?  We have something we want to talk to you about.”

Devon was silent for some time then finally said, “Sure.  What time?”

“Great.  See you there at about 8.”

“Okay. Later.”

“Bye,” he said and hung up the phone.

Tucker wanted to tell Devon about their engagement first. He didn’t know what Devon’s reaction would be but he surely didn’t want him hearing about it from someone else or somewhere else.  When Harmony was spotted wearing the ring he bought her, the tabloids would be all over it and her.  Devon would get even more attention than he was getting when it had first broken that he was his son.

Tucker then called Bell’s banker.  Well he was sure that he wouldn’t be the banker for Bell much longer.  Not after he had sold out the Winters cousins for him.

“Good morning Mr McCall.”

“Mornin.”

“What can I do for you today?”

“Well, I just want to make sure that the transfer of sell for Bell had been finalized.  It seems that I was hasty in buying into for myself.  I should have purchased it in some else’s name all along anyway.”

“The transfer of ownership was easily handled.  It’s done.  I will have the papers sent to you for signature.”

“Okay.  Remember, her name is Yolanda Hamilton but soon to be Yolanda McCall.  She’s my fiancée.”

Tucker didn’t know why he was telling this man these tidbits.  Well yes he did.  It was because he was happy and wanted to tell the entire world that he finally had his woman.

“Congratulations.  I’ll fax the papers over in a little while.”

“Thanks.”

“No sir.  Thank you.”

 

Location:  Tammy Davis’ Apartment

Nate was startled awake by the sound of his phone ringing.  It took him a split second to register the familiar weight and warmth of the naked body anchored to his side and the intoxicating smell of soft hair brushing against his chin.  “Tamara,” he whispered in his head. He smiled as he picked up his phone from the night stand and answered it.

“Hello,” he said.

“Baby doc.  What are you doing,” Eve said on the other end.

“Lying in bed.”

“I know that you are not still asleep.”

“I was a few seconds ago,” he said in a low tone as he combed his free hand through Tamara’s hair.

“If you’re still in bed then why in the world are you whis-,” she cut herself off. “Oh, are you with someone? A girl perhaps,” she asked teasingly.  Then her tone turned serious as she said, “I hope you are being responsible.  Please don’t trap yourself with some gi-“

“Can we talk about this later,” he said cutting her off.  He didn’t want to wake Tamara.  She needed her rest.  He had kept her up most of the night.

“I see,” she said laughing. “Well, I will be arriving today.  My flight comes in at noon.”

“I will see you then,” he said.

“Bye Nate.”

“Bye,” he said.   He extended his arms and lay his phone back down on the nightstand.  The movement jarred Tammy awake.

“Nathan,’ she said questioningly.

“Uhm hum,” he asked wrapping both arms around her.

“What time is it? I need to get up.  I am supposed to meet Rox for breakfast at the club,” she said groggily.

“It’s still early.  You have plenty of time.  Go back to sleep.”

“I have to get up,” she said pushing on his chest attempting to rise.

 “Just give me 10 more minutes.  Let me hold you 10 more minutes and I will let you go,” he said holding her tighter.

She lay back down and snuggled closer to him. Then she tilted her head up and kissed his cheek.

“You’re right Nathan.  I have plenty of time,” she said.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

Location:  Jack Abbot’s House

Jack had made a decision last night.  It was time he brought his kids home.  Kyle wouldn’t want to leave boarding school and his hockey team but eventually he would get over it.  He was still a minor so Jack could force his hand.   But his son Keemo was a fully adult man.  One who had always had a mind of his own.  He had been working for Jabot’s International Division in Korea for years now.  And Jack wanted him to run the main office while he focused on his campaign.  He knew that it was a long shot to get him to come to Genoa City but it was worth a try.  He dialed his son’s number.

“Hello,” he heard the familiar deep voice say.

“Hi Son.”

“Dad, how are you?”

“I’m fine.  How are things over there?”

“Jabot is doing well.  I am still at the off-“

“Keemo, the last time we spoke I thought we agreed that you would not work so hard.  That you would find the time for a personal life.”

“That was just 3 days ago,” Keemo said chuckling.  “It takes longer than that to develop a personal life.”

“Somehow, I don’t think that you have tried.”

“I will.  I promise.”

“I tell you what.  I think that I need to keep a closer eye on you.  I have a proposition for you.”

“Okay.”

“I am thinking of stepping away from Jabot.  I want you to run the entire corporation for me.”

“I’d be happy to do that.  I think that our staff here is more than-“

“No son.  You misunderstand me.  I want you here running the main office from the main office.”

“Dad,” he sighed.

“Son, I really just want my family around me.  Then there is Kyle to think about.  He is growing up so fast.  And with everything that has happened over the last year, he needs the family he has left around him.  Remember how you felt when your mother died.”

“Dad,” Keemo sighed again.

“Just give it a thought.  Just think about it. Don’t answer now.  Give yourself time to think.”

“Okay.  I will give it some serious thought.”

“Just remember, I love you son. Whether you come or not, I love you.”

“Thanks dad. I’ll think about it and let you know what I decide. “

“Bye son.”

After Jack hung up from Keemo, he called Kyle’s school to inform the head master that he was coming to get his son.

 

Location:  Sophia Winters Apartment

Sophia had lain awake all night trying to decide if she would open the envelope that she received from the lab.  She needed backup bad so she called the one person that knew what was happening.

“Vickie, are you asleep?”

“No.  I couldn’t sleep.”

“Billy and the baby?”

“Yes.”

“You should talk to him.  Trust me.  You won’t feel better about anything until you make a decision one way or the other.  All this limbo is not good.  I feel so much better now that I have decided to leave Neil.  You will feel better too.”

“You know what.  I think that you are right.  I will call Billy over and talk to him.  It is about time that I stopped avoiding him anyway.”

“I agree.”

“But that is not why you called me.  What’s going on?”

I received the lab results.”

“And?”

“And I didn’t open them.  Do I really want to know?”

“Whether you want to know or not, you need to know because Moses deserves to know the truth.  How can you tell him when you don’t know?”

“True.”

“Do you want me to come over and open it with you?”

“No.  I will be fine. Just have lunch with me later.  I might need support by then,” she said laughing.

“You’re on.”

Sophia hung up the phone and picked up her envelope.  She took a deep breath and opened it. Scanned the document for the probability of paternity.  It read 57%.   The summary said that the test were inconclusive.  She knew what this meant.  Neil was not the father of her child.  She felt herself getting light headed and her heart rate beat faster as she thought about the choice she was now being faced with.

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s House

Harmony woke up to feeling a warm body cover her entire back.  She smiled to herself.  Mick was insatiable.  He had indeed worn her out last night the way he had promised.  And it seemed that he still wanted more.

“Wake up Songbird,” he said into her ear as he picked up where he left off by moving his pelvis against her butt. “We have to meet our son at my mother’s house for breakfast in a little over and hour.”

“An hour,” she said smiling. “It’ll take me at least 40 minutes to get dressed. Let me up baby so I can take a shower.”

“You must be joking,” he said as he stopped moving.

She looked over her shoulder at him raised above her on his arms. She arched her back and pushed her butt into his pelvis and rotated her hips in circle. “What do you think,” she asked in a soft voice.

“I think this is the happiest I have ever been in my life.  I love you,” he whispered as he rubbed himself against her opening. “And you’re already wet for me,” he said as he slipped into her from behind.

“Mmm,” she moaned.

“Tell me Songbird.  How is it that you are already wet and I have barely touched you this morning,” he whispered into her hair as he pulled out of her and pushed back in.  He stayed inside of her and kissed her back.

“Mmm,” she moaned again.

“You’re spoiling me,” he said. 

She shivered from the feeling of his breath on her spine.

“I know,” she said. “But I can’t help it.  I love you.”

He pulled out of her then she heard him say, “Roll over baby.”

She complied to see him kneeling on the bed.  He moved forward to stop between her legs. He picked up a pillow and said, “Rise up.”

She lifted her butt off the bed and he slid the pillow underneath.  Still kneeling, he placed himself at her opening and pushed inside again.

“Mmm.”

“I love the sounds you make when we are making love,” he said as he began to push in and out of her in a steady rhythm. 

 After about 5 minutes, he pressed his thumb to her clitoris and she felt her stomach muscles clinch in anticipation of her orgasm.

“Baby,” she said on a moan.

“Oh, I know what that moan means,” he said. “You’re about ready to come for me.”

He pushed into her then rotated his hips and held there. He pressed more firmly on her clitoris.

“Baby please,” she begged.

He pulled out of her and pushed back in again repeating the same motion he had earlier.  He held still then rubbed her clitoris in a slow circular motion.

“Give me all baby,” he said in a husky voice. 

And she did by coming for him for what she thought was the eighth time since she had agreed to marry him just 12 hours ago.

“Whew,” she said smiling up at him.

She reached out her arms towards him and he lay down atop her holding himself up by the elbows.  She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly on the lips.

“I think that you are spoiling me too,” she said.

“I can’t help it.  I love you,” he said repeating her words back to her as he began to move inside of her again.

 

Time:  Morning

Location:  Newman Ranch

Billy smiled at Victoria when she opened the door.  He had been surprised to hear from her this morning.  When she said that she wanted to talk, he had gotten right out of bed and rushed over.  He had barely taken the time to dress.

“Come in,” she said.

He walked into the living room looking around for Victor. 

“He’s out riding,” she said.

“Good. I don’t necessarily feel like going around with him this morning.  Besides, I am here to see you,” he said walking up to her.  He cupped her cheek with one hand and titled her face up so that he could look into her eyes.  “I miss you,” he said.

“I miss you too.”

“Then come home.”

“I can’t Billy,” she said pulling away from him and taking a step back.  “I need you to settle this thing about the baby first.”

“So what are you saying?  That you won’t be with me until I fix this situation.”

“Yes. That is exactly what I am saying.”

“This is funny,” he said laughing harshly. “Because I could have sworn that we took vows that said for better or worse.”

“I did not forget my vows.  But it seemed you did when you lay down with another woman and got her pregnant.”

“Listen okay. Listen.  I don’t even remember what happened.  Victor set-“

“Oh no you don’t blame my father for this,” she yelled. “No one can make a man have sex with a woman.  Not even the great and powerful Victor Newman.  So if you slept with this woman that is all on you.”

“I don’t know whether I did or not.”

“Well I suggest you find out.  Because if you did, our marriage is over.”

“So I don’t get any support at all from my wife in dealing with this.”

“Ha,” she said bitterly.  “You don’t deserve support.”

At that moment his cell phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and saw Jack’s number.

“One second.  I need to take this.”

“We’re done here anyway.  You can see yourself out,” she said as she headed towards stairs.

“Jack. Hey,” Billy said answering the phone heading out the door.

“Hey Billy. You’re up early. I expected you to still be asleep.”

“I wish.”

“I’ll bet.  But since you are up, why don’t you come by for family breakfast.  I have an announcement to make. “

“Okay.”

“And bring Delia.”

“You got it.”

“Thanks.”

“See you then Jack,” he said getting into his car.  He texted Chloe to let her know that he would pick Delia up early for the breakfast and take her to school this morning.

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Tucker walked into his mother’s home holding Harmony’s hand.  He expected her to attempt to pull hers away once they walked in the door. But she hadn’t. They went into the living room and saw Katherine reading the paper. 

“Good morning,” he said.

She looked up and smiled at them.  “Good morning,” she said standing as they approached. “You two look happy.”

“That’s because we are happy,” Harmony said.

“And engaged,” Tucker said.

“Well, congratulations,” Katherine said clapping her hands looking at Harmony.

“Thank you,” Harmony said kissing her on the cheek and stepping back.

“I think you two will be happy together,” she said. Then she looked at Tucker and smiled, “if you both remember to love each other and think of each other above yourself.  And remember not to cross any lines that you can’t come back from.”

“That’s good advice,” Tucker said out loud then he whispered, “Thank you.”

“That’s what mothers are for dear.”

“Now, let’s start planning this wedding,” Kay said looking back at Harmony.

“Oh no, this will be a decent length engagement,” Harmony said. “We won’t be getting married soon.”

That wasn’t what Tucker had in mind and it must have showed on his face. 

Katherine looked at him then back at Harmony.

“Good luck getting my son to agree to a long engagement.”

“Engagement,” Jill said walking into the living room.

“That’s right Jill,” Tucker said. “Engagement.”

“Congratulations,” Jill said. “I am sure that I am supposed to say that I am surprised being that you just got divorced 5 minutes ago but I am really not.  I don’t think anyone will be.  You can thank my son for that.”

“Thank you Jill,” Harmony said smiling.

“So does this mean that you won’t be living here anymore,” Jill asked.

“Yes,” Tucker said at the same time that harmony said “No.”

“Well,” Jill said. “Trouble in paradise already.”

“It’s just that we haven’t had time discuss any of the particulars,” he said looking at Harmony with a smirk.  She blushed in return.

“Yes, I know exactly how time gets away from a woman when she is with Tucker,” Jill said with a knowing smile.

“Really,” Harmony said looking back and forth between them frowning.

“Oh Yes, I-,” Jill began but was cut off by Katherine.

“So, does Devon know yet?”

“No,” Harmony said still looking at him. She slowly looked away from him towards Kay. “But we did invite him over this morning.  We will tell him when he gets here. I’m a little nervous.”

Tucker stepped closer to Harmony and began to rub her lower back as he said, “Don’t worry Songbird. It’ll be fine.”

“I hope so,” Harmony said.

 

Location:  Lily Winters’ House

Trevor sat at the dining room table eating breakfast with Lily, Charlie, and Maddie.  He smiled to himself when he realized that he had hardly eaten any of his own food because he was too busy feeding Maddie.  She had decided that he had to be the one to feed her by keeping her mouth firmly closed whenever her mother attempted to feed her.

“So are you ready for your first day of class,” he asked Lily.

“Yes.  But I don’t know if I am ready to take my kids to daycare,” she said sadly.

Lily was a great mother.  It’s one of the things that he liked about her.  That, and her long legs, he thought to himself.

“That’s because you are accustomed to being with them all the time.”

“Yeah.  But what if they need me during the day?”

“Kids adjust. Probably better than we do.  Of course they will miss your beautiful face throughout the day.  But they also know that you will be back to pick them up. Trust me.  They will be fine.”

She sighed and looked at him sadly.  He wanted to kiss that look away.  But he remained seated and said again, “Trust me.  They will be fine.  I tell you what.  I will take you to drop them off then I will take you to school.  And I will pick you up after your last class and we can pick them up together.”

“Really,” she said shocked. “Don’t you have to work?”

“Yes.  But I am not glued to my desk.  And even if I were, you, Charlie, and Maddie are more important to me than my job.”

“Thank you,” she said smiling. She had the worshiping look in her eyes again.  The one that was great for his ego and made him fall for her a little more every time he saw it.  He smiled in return.

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Tammy sat across from Roxy eating her breakfast.

“So, have you spoken to Devon?”

“No. Not yet.”

“Not yet. What are you waiting for?  Abby to slither into his bed like some albino python?”

“What? Devon would never do that. He doesn’t like her like that.”

Tammy rolled her eyes.  Her sister obviously had learned nothing from her past with Devon.

“Roxy. I wonder about you sometimes.”

“What does that mean?”

“This is the same man who slept with his fake aunt.  He wouldn’t sleep with Abby? Are you serious? Of course he would sleep with Abby. Wake up girl.”

“Okay. It is a possibility.  But I can’t worry about that. Besides, I am following Olivia’s advice. She said give him some time.”

“You gave him one night.  That is enough. Call him and invite him over tonight.  If you wait too long, he’ll screw up.  Trust me.”

“You say that like you speak from experience. Oh that’s right. You do.  But you don’t want to talk about that now do you.”

“Roxanne Davis. You know that subject is off limits. Besides, I have another man. Dr Nathan Winters. And he’s perfect.”

“Nathan is a sweetheart,” Roxy said.

“Yes, he is. I have never felt like this before. I mean, I feel safe with him. Like I can trust him with my heart. It’s very freeing.”

“Tammy, are you in love with Nate.”

“Yes. I am in love with Nathan.”

“Did you tell him?”

“Yes.”

“Aaawww,” Roxy cooed. “I am happy for you sis.  I really am.  I bet he is just in heaven right about now. He has been in love with you for a long time.”

“Amazing isn’t it.”

“And it is about time that you moved on. “

“Once again you are veering into a subject area that you know that I do not discuss.  And you shouldn’t discuss it either.  Especially with Devon. You haven’t, have you?”

“No.  I wouldn’t do that to you.”

“Thanks.  Besides, why are your bringing it up now anyway? You haven’t in a long time.  But whatever. Anyways, you know what you should do.  Call Devon now and invite him over. Do not let him go all day wondering where he stands with you.”

“You’re right.  Let me call him now,” Roxy said.  She took out her phone and dialed Devon’s number.

 

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Devon was a little reluctant to come to Katherine’s.  He still wanted to pummel Chance into the ground.  But he had heard Justin last night. He didn’t want to risk Roxy taking Chance’s side. 

He had just gotten out of his car when his phone rang. 

“Hello,” he answered without looking at the caller ID.

“Hi baby,” he heard Roxy say.  His chest tightened at the sound of her soft voice.

“Hey,” he said lowering his tone to match hers.

“I’m sorry about last night,” she said.

“No. You have nothing to be sorry about. I was out of line.  I’m sorry,” he said.  He had realized that he had overreacted. Lily, Justin, and Chris were right.  One night with Chancellor didn’t matter.

“I disagree. But I just want to make sure that we are still on for dinner tonight.”

He was surprised that she was still talking to him much less wanting to go out to dinner.

“Of course we are.”

“Good.  How about you come by my apartment tonight at 7.”

“That sounds like a plan. Should I bring dinner or will we go out.”

“Neither. I will cook,” she said in a sexy whisper.

Devon couldn’t help the smile that spread across his face.

“Mmm, that sounds tasty.”

“How can it sounds tasty, you don’t even know what I am cooking.”

“I wasn’t talking about the food.”

She laughed softly.

He loved her laugh.  He hadn’t heard it in a while so it was just what he needed for this breakfast with his mom and Tucker. Especially being that he figured he would see Chancellor too.

“You know something.  Thanks for calling me.  Hearing your laugh has made my day.”

“Awe baby. “

“Okay. I will see you at 7. Well, I have to go. I am about to have breakfast at Katherine’s. ”

“Katherine’s,” she questioned.

He could hear the trepidation in her voice.  She was worried about him having an altercation with Chancellor.  And she was right to be concerned.  He planned to be civil out of respect for his grandmother’s house.  But that could change if Chance pushed him.

“Yes,” he said.

“Okay,” she said slowly.  “Well, I will see you later tonight. I love you.”

Before he could tell her that he loved her back, she hung up the phone. He opened the door and walked into his grandmother’s home.

 

Location: Tyra Hamilton’s Apartment in LA

Tyra picked up her phone and dialed Anna’s number.  She wanted to let her know that she would be moving.

“Hello,” Anna said.

“Good morning baby girl.”

“Morning mom.”

“So how is school?”

“It’s okay.”

Anna always said that school was okay.  But Tyra could tell that she was not as happy there as she thought that she would be. 

“Are you sure?”

“Yes mom.”

Since Anna had been in school, Tyra had gotten so much accomplished in her life.  She had been able to go to school full time and fulfill her dream.  She was also about to embark on a career that she loved.  She just didn’t want Anna to think that she would be in the way if she wanted to live with her again.

“Okay.  Just know that if you want to come back to live with me full time, you can do that.  I am proud of you for being accepted to such a prestigious place.  But I want you to be happy too.  And if you are not then-“

“It’s fine mom.”

“Okay.  Well, I have news. I am going to move back to Genoa City.”

“Really,” Anna said excitedly.

“Yes.  I have a new job as head chemist at Newman Cosmetics.”

“Wow mom.  I am so proud of you.”

“Not as proud as I am of you I bet.”

“Have you spoken to Devon and Neil?”

Tyra had not spoken to either one of them since she left.  Anna always asked if she had spoken with them but she always side stepped.  She knew that Anna would suspect something if she told her that she never spoke to them.

“Not this week,” Tyra said. “But I did talk to Yolanda.”

“You did,” she asked surprised.

“Yes.  I am so proud of her and how she has turned her life around.  I think she really means it this time.”

“I think so too mom.”

“So have you spoken with her?”

“Yes.”

“Good baby.  I want you to give her chance.”

“I already have a mom. I don’t need another.”

“True.  But I think that it is in your best interest and hers if you can get to know each other.  I think a relationship with you would help her stay on the right path.”

“I see what you mean.  And I do talk to her.  But you are the only mother that I want.”

Tyra felt tears forming in her eyes at Anna’s declaration.

“Thanks baby girl.  That means a lot. But I promise you. I am not threatened by you to forming a close relationship. Did I ever tell you how close we were growing up?”

“No.”

“Ah well.  She was like 12 years older than me and I thought the world rose and set on her.  She was the best big sister ever.  She never treated me like some of my friend’s sisters treated them.  I was never a nuisance to her. She was always so sweet to me,” Tyra said smiling to herself.

“Wow.  You sound like you really loved her.”

“I still love her.  She is the only sister that I have. No matter what she has done, that will never change.”

“I know how you feel.  It’s how I feel about Devon. I will give her chance.”

“Good baby.  I am proud of you. But I will let you go.  Shouldn’t you be on your way to class?”

“Yes. You’re right.  I will call you later.  I love you. Bye.”

“I love you too.”

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Harmony sat on the couch next to Tucker listening to Kay talk about plans for the wedding.  Every now and then Nina would throw in an idea and Jill a negative comment.  But Harmony remained silent as Tucker stared at her wonderingly. She figured he wanted to know why she wasn’t talking about the wedding plans. That was because she was not ready to marry Tucker yet.  They still had so much they needed to work out.  She would be glad when Esther served breakfast so that this conversation could end.  Just when she thought that she could take no more, Devon walked into the room.

“Good morning,” he said.

“Morning,” she said rising and walking towards him.

She stopped in front of him and he kissed her cheek.

“So what’s this news?  I am anxious to hear it,” he said smiling.

Harmony rubbed her left hand through her hair in a nervous gesture.  Before she could lower it to her side, Devon caught it and held it palm down.

He looked past her to Tucker who stood behind her then back at her face.

“This is a nice ring.”

“Thank you.”

“Does this mean what I think it means,” he asked.

“Yes,” Tucker said.

“And is it what you want,” he said never looking away from her face.

“Yes.”

“Then I am happy for you.”

“Really?”

“Yes mom.  You deserve to be happy. I want you to be happy.”

“I am.  I really am.”

“Good,” he said.

At that moment, Esther walked in and informed them all that breakfast was ready to be served.

 

Location: Jack Abbot’s House

Jack opened the door to his home and smiled at Olivia.  She looked beautiful, as usual.

“You’re here,” he said.

“Yes, I am,” she said rolling her eyes at him as she walked past him heading for the living room. “Have you finished cooking breakfast yet?”

“No.  I was just about to get started.  I would love if you would help me,” he said following her as his eyes went to her butt instinctively.

“Sure,” she said dryly.

If Jack didn’t know better, he would think that Olivia was upset with him.  But to his knowledge, he hadn’t done a thing to piss her off.

“I mean you don’t have to if you don’t want to.  You could just watch me.”

“No, I don’t mind.  Come on.  Let’s get started.  We want it ready when everyone gets here,” she said turning heading to the kitchen.

He grabbed her hand before she could take a step.

“Hey. No morning kiss for your boyfriend?”

She pursed her lips and took a deep breath. Then let it out slowly. He knew then that she was indeed pissed. 

“I would but I don’t want to tease myself.   So no thanks,” she said pulling her hand out of his and turning towards the kitchen.

Jack smiled to himself as he watched her turn the corner.  Olivia was mad because he didn’t make love to her last night.  He had held out because he didn’t want to ruin this opportunity.  Having sex too soon had a tendency to cloud the relationship. He didn’t think she would care all that much.  But she obviously cared.  She wanted him last night.  And was mad because she didn’t get him.  It was true that knowledge was power.  Because he planned on using this knowledge to his advantage.  If he had his way, the first time he and Olivia made love would be on their wedding night. He just hoped she didn’t decide to really tempt him with a little seduction. There was no way he would be able to say no he thought as he headed towards the kitchen.

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Billy walked inside just as Chance was coming down the stairs.

“Hey nephew,” he said.

“Billy.  You’re up awfully early.”

“Yes, I am here to pick up Delia for breakfast at Jack’s,” he said as they both walked into the dining room.

“Morning,” Billy said.  He noticed Harmony, Tucker, and Devon being there.  When he walked in, Tucker had his arm behind Harmony’s chair as he whispered in her ear.

“Well, lookie here.  It’s my wayward son. Peddler of filth,” Jill said smiling.

“And my perfect son, the soldier turned executive,” Nina said smiling. “Good morning.”

Billy noticed the hostile stare from Devon.  He figured that it was because of Phyllis continuing to post about Harmony.  He thought he would set their minds at ease.

“Devon. Why the hard look.  Relax. I headed your warning.  No more posts about Harmony here. Actually, you should be thanking me instead of giving me killer looks.  Yes, that’s right.  I recently prevented Phyllis from telling the entire world about Harmony being pregnant. Congratulations doll face.”

“What,” Jill exclaimed with a laugh. “You’re pregnant?”

“This is good news,” Nina said smiling.

Kay sat silently with an amused look on her face.

“My mother is not pregnant Billy,” Devon said. “You need to fire your fact checker.”

“Which means that you better be glad that you did not print that story. I want the world to know that I am marrying Harmony because I love her. Not because she is carrying my child,” Tucker said raising her hand to his lips.  It dawned on Billy that he was not just kissing her hand but he had kissed the ring on her finger.  He must have been right all along about them and the affair, he thought.  But it no longer mattered since Ashley had moved on anyway and seemed happy as far as he could tell.

“Yes. Be very glad.  I told you to keep my family out of that magazine anyway or we would have a problem,” Devon said.

“I think you had better listen to my son,” Tucker said menacingly.

“Enough,” Harmony said raising both hands chest high with the palms facing outward. “Threats are not necessary.  Billy, thank you for not printing that gossip.  I know how hard it was for you,” she said smiling broadly at him.

“Thank you doll face.  Someone appreciates the sacrifice I made,” he said laughing.

“Billy, you don’t have to explain yourself.  I think that look from Devon was meant for me,” Chance said finally coming fully into the room and sat down across from Devon.

“Oh really.  What could a boy scout like you do to a fellow three finger soluter to get that look,” Billy said.

“Go on a date with his girl,” Chance said winking at Devon.

Before Billy could respond, Devon leaped over the table knocking over platters of food and tumbled Chance along with his chair to the floor.

“Good heavens,” Kay said. “You boys stop that right now.”

“Devon. Baby. Stop,” Harmony said. “Mick, stop them.”

 “Stop Chance,” Nina said.

Tucker stood and walked around the table to where they tussled at Billy’s feet.

He grabbed Devon’s arms but he couldn’t pry them apart.

“Billy, don’t just stand there.  Help him,” Jill said excitedly.

It took some effort but Billy and Tucker managed to pull Chance and Devon apart.

“Stay away from Roxy,” Devon said breathing heavily.

“And if I don’t,” Chance asked.

Devon lunged for him again but Tucker held him firmly.

“Let’s just go,” Harmony said. “Devon, walk.”

Devon looked at her then walked out with Tucker and Harmony behind him.

“I knew this would happen,” Nina said. “Chance, I told you seeing Roxanne was not a good idea.”

“You’ve been seeing Roxanne,” Kay asked.

“We’re friends,” Chance answered picking up a napkin and wiping blood from his mouth.

“Chance. Now we all tolerated you going after Chloe right on the heels of her break up with Billy here.  But you don’t want to make a habit of dating the lady of your relatives,” Kay said,

“Devon and I are not related,” Chance said.

“He is my grandson and I consider you to be my grandson.  In that respect, you are related.  Now I suggest whatever you have going on with Roxy you put an end to it. For my sake if for nothing else,” Kay said.

“She doesn’t want me anyway,” Chance said sadly.

At that moment Chloe and Delia walked in.  Billy thought they both looked especially beautiful.

“Who doesn’t want Chance,” Chloe asked

“Roxanne Davis,” Billy supplied admiring Chloe’s legs.  She was wearing a very short skirt accompanied with a long sleeve top.

“Oh.  Of course she doesn’t.  Every knows that she is totally in love with Devon,” Chloe said nonchalantly. “Delia is ready to go.”

“I see that. Hey, why don’t you come with us?  It’s a family breakfast.  And you are still an Abbot,” he said smiling down at her.

“Good grief Billy,” Jill said rolling her eyes.

She looked at Jill then at the table like she had just noticed that damage done by Devon leaping over it. She widened her eyes and said, “Why not.  There doesn’t seem to be anything left on the table here to eat.  And you can tell me why that is as we head over.”

 

Location: Tucker’s Limousine outside of the Chancellor Mansion

Devon sat in Tucker’s limousine fuming. Harmony sat beside Tucker across from him.   She had her hand on his thigh with his hand placed on top of hers while they watched him.

“Boo, what just happened? Why did you start a fight,” Harmony asked.

“I didn’t start anything.  I finished it,” Devon said harshly.

 “Calm down Devon.  What is going on with you and Roxy? Last time we talked, you were planning on proposing to her.  But did I hear Chance say that he was dating her,” Tucker asked.

“What? Devon is going to ask Roxy to marry him,” Harmony said shockingly.  Devon could see that she was happy. Then her eyes turned sad. “It seems I am the last to know.”

 “Mom.  I am sorry I didn’t tell you.  It’s just that you have been sick and then she broke up with me.  So the time wasn’t right.  Besides, I was kinda embarrassed to tell you about her breaking up with me anyways.”

“Why?”

“Because of the reasons.  And I knew that you would take her side.”

“Devon.  Don’t you know I am always on your side.”

“Even when I am being dumb and selfish,” he smiled slightly.

“Especially when you are being dumb and selfish,” she said laughing.  “But being on your side doesn’t mean I agree with your choices.  It means that I want the best for you.”

“Thanks,” he said smiling at her.  Then he looked at Tucker and said, “Chance has been trying to get with her since they met.  Last night she went on a date with him.  Abby saw them and told me about it.”

“Tell me you didn’t go and see for yourself,” Harmony said.

“I did,” Devon said.

Harmony sighed loudly then said, “That Abby. It wasn’t her business anyway.”

“Well, now I see why you felt the need to clear the table just now,” Tucker said.

“I still don’t,” Harmony said.  “There is no reason for fighting.  Especially at your grandmother’s house.”

“I will apologize to her. But I won’t apologize to Chance,” Devon said.

“And no one would ask you too.  Regardless of what you mother here says, he deserved it. However, let me just say.  That is not the way to win your woman back.”

“I know that,” Devon said.

“You want some advice,” Tucker asked.

“Couldn’t hurt,” Devon said.

“Buy her some nice jewelry,” Tucker said.

“What Mick?  That’s your advice,” Harmony said looking at him.

“Listen Devon, I have yet to meet a woman that doesn’t like nice jewelry,” Tucker said still looking at him.  Then he raised Harmony’s hand to his lips.  He kissed her engagement ring. Then he placed her hand back on his thigh and covered it again with his own.

“Oh really,” she said.

 “Trust me. It works every time,” Tucker said still looking at Devon. He didn’t respond to Harmony verbally.  He simply repeated the motion he had a few seconds earlier by bringing her hand to his lips, kissing her engagement ring again, and placing her hand back in his thigh.

“I’m sure it does when you are a wealthy old man trying to buy a trophy wife. That isn’t the type of relationship that Devon has with Roxy though,” Harmony said rolling her eyes.

Finally Tucker looked at her and said, “So now I am an old man trying to buy you.”

“If the shoe fits,” she said.

“It doesn’t,” he said.

Devon laughed at their banter.  This was his first time spending time with them together. It was obvious to him that they were very comfortable with each other.  He wasn’t really sure how he would feel about them getting married.  But he found that he liked the idea even if he wasn’t completely sold on Tucker yet. 

“Listening to you now, I am not so sure,” Harmony said. “I hope you know that I would never be swayed by your money.  And that is not the reason that I agreed to marry you.”

“Songbird,” Tucker said lowering his voice. “I know that you don’t care about money.  But when we were together before, I didn’t have anything.  I couldn’t provide for you the way I wanted.  Now, I can.  I would drape every part of your body in diamonds, if you allowed me.” 

Devon knew sexual undertones when he heard them, so he wasn’t surprised when Harmony gave Tucker her “whatever” look.  Women generally didn’t want to hear anything about sex when they were upset.  And Harmony was definitely annoyed with Tucker. 

 “Which I see you won’t,” Tucker said softly smiling at her. Then he lifted her hand to kiss her ring again and placed her hand back on his thigh.

“You guys are so funny,” Devon said.

Harmony blushed and looked out the window.

“Hey Devon.  Listen. You know that Roxy loves you for you.  There is nothing wrong with buying your woman nice things.  And I know that you can afford it now.  There is no way that Neil isn’t paying you well.  And if you need more money, I would be more than willing to set up an allowance for you.”

“No.  Thanks anyway.  But my salary is more than sufficient to take care of Roxy.”

“Okay then.  I have a private jet and an island that is also at your disposal.”

Devon looked at his mother who continued to look out the window. 

“Thanks.  I think I will use that.  What about tomorrow night? Is it free?”

“Of course it’s free. And it’s yours. For however long you need it.”

“Thanks.   I only need it for one night. I want to be back for the gala.”

“I’m sure she will enjoy it,” Harmony said finally looking back at him.

“I hope so,” Devon said.

 

Location: Charlie and Maddie’s School

Lily stood in the classroom at the twins’ new school watching them play.  She knew that she was hovering but she couldn’t make herself leave no matter how hard she tried.

“They are okay Lily,” Trevor said as he walked up behind her.  He placed his hands on her shoulders and rubbed them.

“I know.”

“Okay.  And you also know that the longer that you stay, the harder it will be to leave.  Besides, you don’t want to be late on your first day do you?”

“No I don’t,” she said turning to face him.  She looked him in the eyes and it gave her the strength to do what she had to do.   She grabbed one of his hands and led him out the door.

Once outside she peeped in through the window.  Neither Charlie nor Maddie had noticed her leaving.  She didn’t know if that hurt more than if they had screamed and whaled for her to stay.

“Hey,” Trevor said as she faced him. “I am proud of you.”

“It’s harder than I thought it would be.  I am so used to spending most of my time with them as a stay at home mom, it’s like I feel like I am missing something when they are not with me.”

“I totally get that,” he said hugging her and rubbing one of his hands up and down her spine.

She pulled back to look into his eyes.

“I tell you what I will do,” he said. “I will come and check on them throughout the morning.  The precinct is only a block away.”

“You would do that,” she asked.  Trevor was just so perfect.  And he did remind her of Nate in that he was very dependable.  There was a time when she thought that she would be bored with that.  But now, she found it comforting.  And there was nothing boring about Trevor. Especially the way he was looking at her now.

“To make you feel comfortable so that you can concentrate on finishing your education. Yes. Also, I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little worried about how they will adjust,” he said cupping her face and rubbing his thumb across her lips.

“Stop looking at me like that,” he said in a low tone.

“Like what,” she asked breathlessly.

“Like I hang the moon,” he said laughing softly.

“I’m embarrassing myself,” she said looking down.

“No,” he said tilting her face back up. “It’s just that when you look at me like that, I feel myself turning into a cave man. “

“A cave man,” she said laughing.

“Yes.  It makes me want to claim you as mine by throwing you over my shoulder, taking you home, and locking you in the house so that no other man can have you look at him in that way.”

Lily was speechless. And aroused.  She knew she shouldn’t like him acting possessive but she did.  She wanted to tell him that but all she good do was stand there with her mouth ajar.

“Too much information,” he asked after half a minute.

“No. It’s not that. I just didn’t know.”

“Now you do.  So be careful with those looks or you might find yourself in a place you may not be ready for.”

“Trevor,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck.  “I am very ready,” she finished.

Then she went on tip toe and kissed him softly on the lips.  When she pulled away his eyes were blazing with passion.

“No Trevor,” he said is a whisper. “You are in the hallway of the twins’ school.  Lily has to go to class and it is the first day.  You should go to work. You don’t want to screw this up. It’s too soon. You-“

“Trev, what are you doing,” she said.

“I am listing all the reasons for why I shouldn’t take you back to my loft and make love to you all morning,” he said seriously.

“I’m more than willing,” she said kissing him again.

“No, Lily.  Let’s wait okay. At least until after your classes this morning,” he said stepping back with a smile. “Let me take you to school. He held out his hand to her. 

She clasped his firmly and said, “okay, if you insist.”

 

Location: Jack Abbot’s House

Chloe sat at the dining room table next to Billy.  Every time she saw him he became more and more attentive and affectionate.  She would be lying to herself if she said that she didn’t enjoy the attention from him.  She enjoyed it.  Way more than what was good for her.  He was bound to get back with Victoria any day now. And if she allowed herself to fall for his charms, her heart would be broken again.

Jack came out from the kitchen with Olivia behind him. Chloe was a little surprised to see her here for a family dinner.  She knew that she had been a family friend for almost 30 years.  But generally, these family dinners were reserved for family only.  The Abbots were exclusive that way. 

“So, Jack what is this news,” Billy asked.

Jack sat down and Olivia sat to his immediate right.

“Abby is not here yet.  I want to wait on her.”

“Is it that important?  Or are you just being melodramatic,” Billy asked smiling.

“Billy.  It’s that important to me,” Jack said.

“Which means that you are being melodramatic,” Billy said laughing.

“Now Billy.  Cut your brother some slack.  Wait until you here his news first before you accuse him of being an attention hog,” Olivia said patting Jack’s hand atop the table.

“Heeeeey,” Bill said. “Why do I get the feeling that you two are-“

“That’s because we are,” Jack said.

Olivia smiled.

“Congratulations bro.  It took you long enough,” Billy said looking back and forth between Olivia and Jack.

“Billy,” Jack said in a warning tone.

“Long enough,” Chloe said.

“Yeah.  What does that mean,” Olivia said.

Billy looked at Jack who looked at him pleadingly.  But he couldn’t resist.

“Jackie boy here has had a crush on Olivia since I was a kid.”

“Really,” Olivia said. “Is that true Jack?”

Before he could answer, Abby walked in.

“Good morning,” she said taking a seat next to Olivia. “I see I am right on time.”

“Perfect timing Abby,” Jack said. “Now to my news. I have decided that it is time for me to focus on something different.  I love Jabot, but I want to make a difference on the world.”

Chloe could only smile to herself.  It seems that Olivia was already influencing Jack and making him a better person.  That make a difference in the world thought surely was a Barber-Winters trait if there ever was one.

“What does that mean Uncle Jack,” Abby said.

“It means that I am thinking of going back into politics.”

“Are you sure Jack,” Billy said.

“Very sure,” Jack said.  “I have even asked Keemo to move here and run Jabot. He hasn’t agreed yet but-“

At the mention of Keemo moving here Chloe’s mind began to race. This was the worst time for him to move back.  She picked up her phone and sent a text message:

Don’t over react. But Keemo may be moving back to Genoa City. Soon.

                                                             

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Roxy had just paid the bill for her breakfast when Tammy looked at her phone.

“Oh my god,” Tammy said. “Oh. My. God.”

“What’s wrong Tam,” Roxy asked starting to panic.

“I will not cry,” Tammy said.

Cry Roxy thought.  Tammy rarely cried.  And when she did it was for good reason.

“Talk to me girl. What’s wrong? I am starting to panic here just in case you haven’t noticed.”

She held her phone out and Roxy took it and read the text.

“Huh,” Roxy said. She couldn’t believe that Keemo could possibly move here. Him not wanting to live full time in the states again was one of the main reasons that he and Tammy didn’t work out. It took her a long time to get over the disappointment.  And now that she had finally moved on with Nathan and was happy, he might be showing up.  This was just tragic.

 “Sissy, don’t panic,” Roxy said. “He may not even come.  This text said he might.”

“Oh, he will Rox. He will. I just know it,” Tammy said with tears in her eyes.

“Even so.  It doesn’t matter.  You are in love with Nathan.”

“I am.  Nathan is everything I ever dreamed of in a man.  But it still hurts.  And I can’t help wondering what if.  You know.”

“I get it. I do. I just wish I could make this better for you.”

“Me too,” Tammy said sadly. “But don’t worry.  I will be fine. Let’s go to work,” she said standing.

“Okay.  Want to do lunch and talk some more,” Roxy asked.

“Yes.  Thanks,” Tammy said hugging her.  Then they walked out the door and headed their separate ways.

Episode 18 by Diva58
Author's Notes:

Writer's block has me in a tight grip...LOL

Episode 18

Time: Same day of last episode, Midmorning

 

Location:  Jabot Cosmetics

Jack sat behind his desk thinking about all the ways he could make love to Olivia.  It’s something that he had been doing for a few decades now. And it never got old.  It seems that his imagination had gotten more vivid since it became possible that his fantasies might become a reality.  He was startled out of his own thoughts by his phone ringing.

“Jack Abbot,” he said as he answered the phone.

“Jack, this is Joseph from McGill and Associates.”

“Oh, Hey there.  Tell me that you’ve got some good stuff for us for this new line.”

“We have some good stuff for you.  But it would be better if we knew your strategy for marketing.  Abby told us that you still don’t have a spokes model.”

“We’re still working on that.”

“How hard can it be Jack?  Just find a beautiful black woman with gorgeous natural hair.  I see one that fits the bill every other step I take on my lunch run.”

“Genoa City, Wisconsin is not New York.  We have a limited pool.  Besides, Jabot is a family company.  We prefer someone that we know and can work with.”

“Understood,” Joseph said.

“What I wouldn’t give for Drucilla to be able to handle this,” Jack said.

“That was very tragic what happened to her.  And they didn’t even find the body I hear.”

“No they didn’t.  So the family hasn’t really been able to put her to rest.”

“Yeah.  I know her husband Neil.  We interned at the same company when we were in college.  Considering that you like to do business with people you know, I am sure you will like this. Neil and his media production’s company, Indigo Productions, will be handling all the commercials for TV and radio.  Even print. “

“Really,” Jack said.  “You’re right.  I like that.”

“I am going to send him what we have come up with and see how he brings it to life.  And since he is local, Abby can have a hand on approach. But remember, there is only so much that can be done without a model.”

“Agree. And I will handle that model situation soon.  I can’t wait to see what you have come up with.”

Location:  WinterCorp

Neil walked into the conference room smiling at Harmony as she sat around the table with Justin and Chris.

“Well, well,” he said. “Looks like Bell has yet another owner.”

“Another one,” Justin said. “We definitely need to get another banker.  One that is more loyal to us.  Let me right that down as priority number one.”

“Actually, we only have the one.  It seems that Tucker has given his portion of Bell to a Yolanda Hamilton,” Neil said looking at Harmony.

“Impressive,” Justin said.

“What’s so impressive about that,” Harmony said.

“Well, let me see.  You have convinced Tucker McCall to walk away from a company that he wanted.  One that was stolen from under his nose by us. This is the same man that took his mother’s company.  I would expect him to have no qualms about taking ours. Not just that.  But he gave it to you.”

“Since you put it like that I can see how you would think that I did something out of the ordinary.  But I didn’t really.  We had a talk and I made him see how his attempts to ruin Bell were not in anyone’s best interest.  Least of all his own,” Harmony said smiling.

“I see,” Neil said. “And how does that ring you’re wearing fit into this.”

“Neil, can we talk about this later,” Harmony said pleadingly.

“Okay. But just answer the question. Are you engaged to Tucker now,” Neil asked.

“Yes,” she said.

“We will definitely need to talk about this later.  But right now, I need to brief Devon for a meeting we will have later today.  So I have to go.”

Neil stood followed by Justin.

“I also need to find that new banker,” Justin said as he and Neil headed for the door.

 

Location:  Keemo Abbot’s Apartment in Seoul, South Korea

Keemo lay in bed tossing and turning.  He couldn’t get comfortable no matter how hard he tried.  And every time he closed his eyes all he could see were the sad eyes in the gorgeous face of Tammy Davis.  It must have been his father calling him and asking him to move that had sent him travelling back in time 3 years.  They had met when he was in New York visiting Billy and had dated long distance for a year.   They would see each other at least once a month.  Either she would visit him there or he would go to New York.  After a while, the travelling got old.  And he had wanted her to move there to be with him but she refused.  At the time, there was no way that he could live in New York and run Jabot International.  He had responsibilities to his family and wanted to make his father proud.  And she wanted to be a journalist.  He tried to convince her that journalism was one of those careers where you weren’t tied to a specific city but stubborn Tamara wasn’t having any of that. He smiled as he remembered their passionate arguments.  And even more passionate make up sessions. Finally he gave her an ultimatum.  One that he had regretted everyday it came out of his mouth. Move there or they would move on.  She didn’t respond well so they moved on.

He never asked Billy about her when they spoke.  And Billy never brought her up. He wasn’t sure if Billy really had known how serious he was about Tammy.  Most of the time when he and Tammy had spent time around Billy, he was too focused on Chloe to even notice them.  Besides Billy was somewhat of a cad.  He probably assumed all the attention he gave Tammy and all the visits were just something he was doing to just pass the time.

After a while, Keemo gave up on sleep and got out of bed to sit before his computer.   He located the file on his laptop that said Tammy and clicked on it.  He spent an hour looking at picture after picture and reliving every moment that he had spent with her.   He wondered where she was now.  What she was doing.  Had she gotten that job that she wanted?  He decided that he would send an e-mail.  Just to let her know that he is thinking about her.

 

Location:  WinterCorp

Chris stood and Harmony followed suit by standing and facing him.  He hadn’t said a word earlier. He was speechless.  He figured that she could get Tucker to back off, but he didn’t think that he would give her the company.  He admittedly had set Tucker up to fail in her eyes when he called her into the meeting yesterday.  But that little weasel passed the test. He must really love her. Chris suspected as much anyway.  But he didn’t think he was capable of putting her before his vendetta.

He lifted her left hand high so that he could see her ring.  And what a ring it was. He wasn’t into jewelry by any stretch and even he could tell that the ring looked priceless.

“So, its official Dimples.  You’re going to marry McCall.”

“Yes,” she said.

“And I see that you are happy about it,” he said lowering her hand.

“Yes,” she said smiling at him.

There went his theory that she was sacrificing herself for them. He reached out a hand and laid the pad of his pointer finger inside one of her dimples.

“Are you sure you are not just doing this to protect us,” he asked anyway.  Because Chris could just tell how it went down. It was just too convenient that after she said that she could convince Tucker, she turned up engaged and owning Bell the next day.  She probably asked him to back off and Tucker, like a true raider, wanted something in return. Her. He wasn’t mad at Tucker’s tactics.  In his situation, he would probably do the same.

She gave a guilty look then broke eye contact by looking down at the floor.

He cupped her cheek and with his thumb under her chin, lifted her face back up so that he could look into her eyes.

“So that is the reason.  You’re marrying him to keep the peace between Devon’s two daddies.”

“That’s part of it. But it’s not my only reason,” she said looking him in the eye. “It’s not even my number one reason.”

“Okay then.  What is tops on your list.”

“Tucker is tops on my list.  I love him Chris.  You know that,” she said softly.

“I do know that,” he said remembering the hospital confrontation. “So tell me.  What else was a part of this deal? Because I just know there was one. So it was you and-“

“Nothing,” she said.

“Okay.  But just promise me that you won’t let him control you,” he said rubbing his thumb over her cheek.

“Tucker would never attempt to control me.”

“He’s a powerful man in love. Of course he will try to control you dimples. Don’t let him do it.”

“You know Chris, although you say otherwise, I do believe that you think me weak. It started with my fainting spell and has gone downhill ever since,” she said laughing lightly.

“A weak woman wouldn’t be standing here owning part of Bell.  Nah.  I think you are quite powerful.  And I like having you around here.  I think that Tucker will want you to quit and stay at home to be his trophy wife. And I would miss you. So it’s selfish on my part.”

“Trophy wife. Yes, that’s what it is.  Because surely an ex addict who abandoned her kids is a woman that every man covets as a partner.”

“That may be what you did but it’s not who you are. Besides, you’d be surprised at the things men covet,” he said looking at her lips.

“I’ll bet,” she said laughing. “Either way, I need to be here to protect my investment.”

“So can I kiss the bride,” Chris said moving his thumb from her cheek to rub her bottom lip. Since he had officially lost, the least he could do was get a consolation prize.

“No,” she said stepping away from his hand with a smile. “I am not a bride just yet.”

He lowered his hand to his side and smiled at her.

“Well, the newly affianced then. Just a brotherly kiss,” he said coaxingly.

“Christopher Winters.  You don’t strike me as the kind of man who has ever given a woman a brotherly kiss. I doubt if you have ever even kiss your sister’s cheek for that very reason.”

“You know what. I think you may be right,” he said laughing.

“Uh huh, now let’s go.  You have a meeting in about 10 minutes,” she said.

 

Location:  Chancellor Industries

Jill walked into Chance’s office and smiled at him as he looked up from reading files.

“Hey Grandma.”

“Hey Chance.  How’s the eye?”

He smiled wryly and said, “It will heal.  I can’t believe I let Devon surprise me like that.  Only a few days in this office and I am already getting soft,” he said laughing.

“If you are going to keep going after taken women then you had better stay battle ready.”

He laughed.

“Seriously though.  I wanted to talk to you about that,” Jill said.

“About what,” he asked innocently.

“About why you continue to feel the need to go after women that are already taken.”

“Like Chloe,” he said. Neither acknowledged that Billy and Chloe were divorced when he began pursuing her.  Anyone who cared to look could see that Billy and Chloe had unfinished business.  Divorced or not.

“And Roxy sweetheart.  There is never anything in that course of action but heartbreak.  One way or the other you will get let down.”

“It’s not like tha-“

“Trust me Chance.  It will always end badly.  It took me a few years to figure this out but you can’t get your happiness off the back of someone else’s pain. You understand what I am saying here?”

“I think so.”

“Besides, you are a great catch.  I would much rather see you with a woman who loves you.  And not as a second choice because she can’t have who she really wants. Chance Chancellor is no woman’s consolation prize.”

Although he laughed again, Jill could tell that he was thinking about what she had said. So she figured it was best to just leave it alone for now.

“Now get back to work,” she said playfully while walking out.

 

Location:  WinterCorp

Chris had found it harder than he thought seeing Harmony wearing Tucker’s ring.  Although he had conceded defeat days ago in a battle for Harmony’s affections that had never really been.  It still bothered him to know that she was going to marry that short little weasel when she could have been with him.  He just hoped that Tucker treated her right.  As a matter of fact he would make it his personal mission in life to remind Tucker periodically what he had in Harmony.

He opened his phone and stared at the sweet nanny’s number.  He had been putting it off but he knew the gentlemanly thing to do would be to call her and break the ice.  To have one or two phone conversations before Saturday night so that she would feel at least somewhat comfortable around him.  And Chris, like all Winters males, was ever the gentleman.  Regardless of whether he wanted to or not, he dialed her number.

“Hello,” he heard a clear feminine voice say.

“Hello. May I speak with Callista?”

“I prefer Callie.”

“Callie,” he said smiling. “This is Chris Winters.  I think I am to be your escort for the gala Saturday night.”

“Oh. My escort,” she said laughing softly. “That sounds so formal.”

He found himself laughing along with her.

“Chris, let me tell you just in case the wind blows it your way.  I did a background check on you,” she said.  He could hear her smile in her voice.

“Really,” he said in a similar tone. “What did you find?”

“Oh I heard all sorts of things.  However, it would not be wise of me to disclose any confidences.”

“I see. Then I am at a disadvantage.  Because I don’t know anything about you,” he said leaning back in his chair.

“A little mystery in a woman is a good thing,” she said.

“I agree.  So tell me.  When are you arriving in town?”

“We were set to come tomorrow.  But we were able to get everything packed and ready so we will be arriving this afternoon.”

“I am sure that John is excited.”

“Yes, he is.”

“And what about you,” he asked wondering if she was possibly leaving someone behind that she cared about.

“I am also excited. I have family and friends in Genoa City already.  So it will be nice to live in the same city with them.”

“I understand that.  I recently moved away from a city where I didn’t have any family to here where I have plenty.  It’s such a pleasant change.  It’s nice to be around them every day.  And my sister is moving here also.  As a matter of fact, she will arrive this afternoon.”

Chris didn’t know why he was revealing so much about himself to the sweet nanny.  Maybe it was because he felt so at ease with her.  He was actually enjoying their conversation.  And what was even odder was that he wasn’t flirting with her and still enjoying talking to her. 

“I am sure it will be nice having her in town to add to your list of relatives.”

“You don’t know my bossy sister,” he said jokingly.

She laughed heartily at that.  Chris liked the sound. 

“Women are bossy. We’re born that way,” she said.

“Hhmm,” he said thoughtfully.  “Maybe it is in the DNA. However, you don’t seem very bossy at all.”

“You haven’t gotten to know me yet,” she said laughing.

Get to know her Chris thought.  Before speaking to her he had decided that he didn’t really want to know her all that much.  But now, even knowing that she was probably unattractive physically, he felt that he did want to know her.  Maybe he was getting old and physical attraction wasn’t the beginning and end of what made a woman valuable to him anymore.  Or maybe he was just lonely.  Either way, the sweet nanny seemed worthwhile. 

“How about we change that?  I know that you will be busy unpacking today.  But how about we have lunch tomorrow.  Meet and get to know each other before the big event Saturday. Despite having performed a thorough background check, I am sure that you have some reservations going out with a total stranger.”

“A gentleman too I see.  That was not in my report. And I would like to meet beforehand.”

He felt himself smile broadly at her acceptance of his invitation.  And despite the words she said, he noticed that she was more teasing than flirting.  He found the fact that she was able to achieve that interesting

“Great.  I will contact you later with the details.”

“Works for me. And Chris, I appreciate you agreeing to do this.  I am sure there are plenty other women that you could take.  I know that Pamela can be quite a handful and is accustomed to getting her way.  I hope she didn’t threaten you to get you to do this.”

“Not at all,” Chris said smiling as he thought of the reason that he did say yes to Pamela.

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited

Billy walked the building with Chloe at his side.  He knew that he didn’t have to walk her in but he wanted to prolong the time he spent with her.  He had always liked being around her but he hadn’t always appreciated what she brought to his life.  He noticed that with her he felt good about himself.  Even with her knowing about Chelsea, she didn’t hold it over his head.  Not that that she couldn’t be a ball busting little dictator when she chose.  But she also knew when to massage them.

“Billy, I think that you should ask Olivia about performing the DNA test.  I think she would keep it discreet for you.”

“That’s a good idea.  I will go by the hospital today and discuss it with her. Thanks.”

“I’m sure since someone’s got to think for you because you obviously are not capable of running two thoughts together at times,” she said with a stoic face not looking in his direction as they approached the closed door to her office.

He had the urge to pin her against the door and kiss her senseless to remind her that he wasn’t the only person that had trouble stringing thoughts together at times.  But decided against it.  She probably wouldn’t go for it anyway.  So he went another route.

She grabbed the doorknob.  He covered her hand with his before she could open the door.  She looked up at him with a questioning look.

“Hey,” he said lowering his voice to a whisper and looking into her eyes. “Thank you again for standing by me.  Especially after everything that I have done.”

“Billy,” she said softly. “I still care about you. Regardless of what has happened between us in the past.  That has never changed nor will it.”

Against his own volition, he lowered his forehead to touch hers and closed his eyes.  He knew it was never a good idea for him to touch her. Especially in an intimate way. She had always been able to get to him.  Even when he had been certain that he didn’t want a life with her.  She had gotten to him. Gotten under his skin in a way that no one ever had before or since.  

“I care about you too Chloe,” he said.  “I wish thi-“

“Uh hum,” he heard someone intentionally clear their voice across the hall.

He stood up straighter and removed his hand from Chloe’s.  He looked over to see Sophia Winters with a frown on her face. She was one of Victoria’s best friends and knew that she would tell her what she had seen.  Part of him didn’t care.

“Good morning Sophia,” Chloe said opening the door and walking into her office without a backwards glance.

“Chloe.  Billy,” Sophia said in greeting as she turned and walked away.

“Morning,” he said to her retreating back.  Then turned and followed Chloe into her office.

She walked over to her desk that had an arrangement of two dozen long stemmed white roses. He felt himself getting upset.  Who would be sending Chloe flowers?  Per his knowledge, she wasn’t dating anyone.  Unless it was that detective he saw her with a while back.

“You aren’t going to run behind Sophia to explain yourself,” she said as she reached for the card.

“No,” he said. “Who sent you flowers Chloe,” he asked.

She read the card and smiled. “Just someone thanking me for being a friend,” she said.

“Well whoever this person is should know that you don’t even like roses.  They obviously don’t know you very well. Or doesn’t care enough about you to find out that your favorite flower is the daisy.”

“It’s the thought that counts Billy,” she said looking at the card again.

“Who sent the flowers,” he asked again.  He needed to know so that he could let them know that Chloe had a child to raise.  She was too busy being a mother to their daughter to date anyone.

“Through process of elimination you should be able to narrow it down and find that it wasn’t you.  Which is really all that you need to-“

Before she could finish, he took the card from her and looked at the hand written script.  He read aloud:

Thanks for the advice to Tamara,

Nate

When he saw that it was from Nate, he breathed a sigh of relief.  That was probably the only man in this world that he knew was not interested in Chloe.  He only had eyes for Tammy.  Which as far as Billy could tell was a waste of time because she clearly wasn’t going to ever be with him despite the games she played.

“Nathan Winters is such a dweeb.”

“No, Nate is dependable, attentive, and charming. I also hear that he is an excellent lover and has a real Jonah Falcon type thing going on.”

“Jonah Fal,” he began but cut himself off. “You’ve got to be kidding me right.”

“Nope,” she said snatching the card back from him.

“How do you know that,” he asked.  He knew it was childish but he wondered if Nathan’s dick was bigger than his.

“Oh I didn’t tell you.  Tamara and Nathan are together now.”

“What. Tamara settled for Nathan’s boring ass.”

“He sounds quite exciting to me. Besides, she’s in love with him.”

 

Location:  Restless Style

Tammy tried hard to work on her article but her mind kept going back to Keemo coming to Genoa City. 

“Tammy,” she heard Phyllis yell just a foot away from her.

“Yes Phyllis.”

“Didn’t you hear the phone ringing?”

“If I had I would have answered it,” Tammy said. She must have been so caught up in her thoughts that she tuned it out.

“What are you doing over here that has you concentrating so hard that you can’t do your job?”

“If you must know, I am writing the cover article for our next issue.”

“Cover article,” Phyllis said with a confused look.

“Yes.  Cover article.”

“I have no plans of allowing you to write the cover article of any issue. Let alone the next one.”

“Luckily for me, you don’t have the power to stop me.”

“Says who. In case you have forgotten, I am the editor of this magazine. ”

“Says Billy when he told me that I would be writing the cover article.  He owns this magazine.  And I concede that you are the editor.  For now.”

“For now.  Little girl, are you after my job,” Phyllis said laughing.

“No Phyllis.  I am after my job.  The one that I have worked my whole life to have.”

“Let me explain something to you just in case you didn’t know.  I started this magazine.  Regardless of who owns it, it’s mine. Mine.”

“Well if it is yours then you have nothing to fear in me.  Now if you don’t mind, I have a cover article to finish,” Tammy said looking back her computer monitor.

“We’ll see about that,” Phyllis said walking off.

Tammy noticed that she had gotten several e-mails while she had been daydreaming. Most of them were junk mail.  She began deleting one after the other as she read the names of the sender.  Then she caught her breath and held it for a few seconds as she read Keemo’s name. She let out the breath slowly and her body began to panic.  Why was Keemo contacting her now she wondered?  Did it have something to do with him coming back to town?  Part of her wanted to leave well enough alone and just ignore the e-mail by deleting it unread.  But then the part of her that demanded retribution from the break up wanted to read it.  The latter won as she opened the e-mail and read it to herself:

Tammy,

I just wanted to send you a note to say hi.  I know it has been a while since we have spoken but I wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you.  It would be nice to hear from you.  If for no other reason than to know that you are doing well.

Keemo

He was thinking about her, she thought.  Her heart rose up to her throat as she painfully struggled to hold back her tears.  He was still as selfish as ever.  She knew that he was only contacting her now because he was seriously giving consideration to moving back to States. And what was worse was that if he came back he would be living in the same small city as her.   There is no way that she would want to see him every day.  And Nathan.   Should she tell him about Keemo or just let him find out on his own? She wanted to be honest with him but she knew that he would not understand.  He would think that the reason that she held him off was because of Keemo.  And honestly, she couldn’t say that it wasn’t partly true. She had learned from her relationship with Keemo.  Enough to know that long distance never worked. But Nathan would not think it was due to lessons learned. He would think it was because she was still in love with Keemo. 

She forwarded the e-mail to Chloe and Roxy with an introduction:

Is it now safe for me to over react?  See forwarded e-mail below.

P.S. Meet me at my apartment at noon. Please.

 

Location:  Charlie and Maddie’s Daycare                      

Trevor walked into daycare and was met by the director.

“Sir,” she said. “May I help you?”

“Yes.  I am here to check on Charlie and Maddie.  Just to see how their day is going.”

“They are doing fine.  But let’s go look.  I know that you would want to see for yourself.”

They walked to do the door of the classroom and looked through the glass window on the door.  Charlie and Maddie were both sitting with the rest of the children on the carpet.

“They are currently having circle time.  We are all surprised at how very well behaved they both are considering they have never been in a school type setting before.  Not one temper tantrum today.”

“Yes.  They are very well behaved children,” he said continuing to watch them through the door. “They have a wonderful mother.”

“I am sure that you had something to do with it.  I can see how much you care.  Not many fathers would come in the middle of the morning to check on their kids.   I can tell that you are wonderful father.”

Father, Trevor thought as he smiled broadly.  A father to Charlie and Maddie.  He liked the way it sounded.  But more importantly, he liked how it felt.

“Thank you,” he said instead of correcting the director. He looked into the class room once more then took out his phone.  “Can you excuse me?  I need to make a call to their mother to let her know that they are doing well.”

“A considerate and attentive husband as well as a good father.  Someone is a very lucky woman,” the director said with a smile then walked away.

Husband. Trevor liked the sound of that even better.  He laughed to himself as he dialed Lily’s number.

 

Location:  WinterCorp

Devon sat listening to Neil and his college friend Joe exchange a few jokes as they relived their college days. It was always fun to attempt to picture Neil so young and enjoying his youth.  In the recent years, he could count the times he had seen Neil really, truly having a good time. Where the sad look that had been a permanent fixture since Dru’s accident seemed to be gone.  The entire family still missed her presence every day.  There was a time when he had thought that the feeling would lessen with time.  But it had not.  And he was sure that Neil felt it worse than he did.

“So. Enough of this.  You’re making my son think I was some party animal,” Neil said.

“Oh no.  There is no threat of that,” Devon said laughing.

Neil bumped his side with his elbow and smiled.

“Okay.  On to business.  Your client is Jabot cosmetics.  I spoke to Jack Abbot this morning and he assured me that he was very much acquainted with you.”

“Yes.  We are old friends,” Neil said.

“Great. So there won’t be any problems there,” Joseph said.

“None,” Devon responded.

“Great.  We have come up with some good concepts and would like to see how Devon pulls it together.  It’s for their Tuvia line.”

Devon looked at Neil at the mention of the name.  The line had been Dru’s baby.  Her brain child. 

“We’re familiar with the line,” Neil said in a pained voice. “What are they planning on doing with it?”

“They are expanding the line.  Organic products for Black women who have stopped straightening their hair.”

“That’s a good idea,” Devon said.

“I thought so too.  But they haven’t found a model yet.  So a lot of the work will be limited until one can be found.  I told Jack to go out and find a gorgeous black woman with beautiful hair.  He assured me that it was harder than it sounded.  Are the picking so limited in that city.”

“I don’t think that Jack is looking in the right places,” Devon said smiling.  He knew quite a few women that fit the description.

“Neil. Opinion?”

“It’s not so much a matter of not being able to find one.  But finding one that has that special something is what is difficult,” Neil said sadly.

“Hhhm.  I see,” Joe said. “Glad that I am not in that city.   So.  I will e-mail you all the information you will need to get started.”

“Looking forward to it,” Devon said.

“Thanks Joe.”

When Joe hung up, Neil turned to him and smiled.

“So son.  Are you ready for your first assignment?”

“I am.  But I was hoping it would have been something I could finish soon.  Remember that I am having surgery next week.   I won’t be able to hear until I heal and they turn the new implants on.”

“Don’t worry about it.  Your health is more important than this project.  Besides, from the sound of things, you ears will be healed before they even find a model.  I have every confidence that you will make it work.”

“Thanks Dad.  I appreciate that.”

“Hey.  It’s true.”

“I saw the look on your face when you heard that it would be Tuvia that we are working on.”

Neil smiled softly. “I think about her every day. Miss her every day,” he said in a hoarse voice.

“Me too,” Devon said returning Neil’s smile.

“There are just some wounds that time will not heal.  But we learn to live with it.  We have no other choice.”

 

 

Episode19 by Diva58

 

Episode 19

Time: Same day of last episode, Lunch

Location:  Tammy’s Apartment

Roxy sat at the table quietly eating a slice of pizza as she listened to Chloe and Tammy go back and forth about what she should do. 

“Do not tell him,” Chloe said. 

“Didn’t you tell me that their parents are dating? They will surely spend some time around each other.  It will come out,” Roxy said rolling her eyes at Chloe.  Obviously Chloe had not learned a thing over the last couple of years.  She was still as big a liar as she was when she had tried to pin Delia’s paternity on Cane.

“Nate won’t understand,” Chloe said to Tammy without even acknowledging what Roxy said.

“I agree he won’t.  I love him Chloe.”

“I know Tam.  I know how big a deal that is for you.”

“I don’t want to lose him,” Tammy said.

Lose him, Roxy thought. Tammy was being dramatic.  There was no way that Nate would break up with her over dating someone else.

“Sissy, you won’t lose Nate.  He knows that you dated before him.  He’s not stupid,” Roxy said soothingly as she rubbed Tammy’s shoulder.

They both turned and looked at her as if she had sprouted a second head.

“Roxy.  I really wonder about you sometimes.  You know nothing about men.  Of course Nate knows that I dated before him.  But he doesn’t know that I was in love with someone.  And he surely doesn’t know about the whole pregnancy thing.”

“Nate is not going to stop loving you over that,” Roxy said.

“I agree. Nate is just not that kind of guy,” Chloe said. “But he will see you differently.  May even treat you differently. And that is what you will have to deal with.”

“And that is what I do not want. I mean you guys should see the way he looks at me. It’s like -,” Tammy said cutting herself off then sighing wistfully.

“Chickadee.  I think we all have seen the way Nate looks at you,” Chloe said.

“Yeah. I think that you are the only one who just noticed that,” said Roxy laughing.

Tammy smiled then said, “Okay. Here are my options.  I can tell him everything and possibly ruin our relationship or I cannot tell him anything and hope he doesn’t find out.  And if he does find out, our relationship will be ruined.”

“Are we voting,” Chloe said. “Because I vote to keep your mouth shut.  Let Nate find out on his own.  And if he does, it will be from Keemo.  So deny it.  It’s your word against his.  Nate will believe you.”

“I vote to tell him everything,” Roxy said.  She had learned her lesson from the situation with Devon last night.  She would never lie to him again.

Tamara sighed again.  “Here’s what I am going to do. I will tell him about Keemo.  But nothing about the baby thing.  I doubt if Keemo would ever mention that.  It’s not something he is proud of.  Not one of his finest moment.”

Roxy thought it was a bad idea to withhold any information.  But it was Tammy’s life and relationship at stake.  She was the only person that would have to live with the consequences.  That made it her call.  So Roxy kept her argument to herself.

 

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Olivia sat in the cafeteria eating lunch as she noticed Billy walk in.  He looked around, spotted her, smiled, and headed in her direction. 

“Hey Liv,” he said sitting down.

“Billy,” she said smiling. “What brings you to the hospital?”

“You. I was looking for you.”

“Me,” she said skeptically. “You haven’t sought me out at the hospital since you were a little boy and refused to let any other doctor but me stitch up that cut on your chin,” she said as she touched the small scar on his chin that the cut had left.

“That’s because you were the only one I trusted.  And this is similar.  I need someone I can trust to do a favor for me,” he said.

“What do you need Billy,” she said bracing herself to hear the worst.  Although Billy had grown up a lot over the last several years, he was still prone to screw ups.  He was like Jack that way she thought amusedly. And like Jack, he wasn’t a bad person.  They both had good hearts. It’s was just that Jack would sell his soul to the devil to win.  And Billy.  Well, she didn’t know his motivations.  All she knew was that he usually ended up in some trouble.

“Promise me that you won’t tell anyone first,” he said.

“You’re the one who needs the favor you scamp,” she said laughing.

“I know but I know you are best friends with Ash. And now tNnhat you and Jack are,” he said allowing his voice to taper off without finishing the sentence.

Little did he know, she thought.  Her and Jack were not doing anything of the kind.  And it was really annoying her.

“I won’t tell them unless your life is in danger.  And that is the only promise you will get.  Now what do you need,” she said.

“There is this pregnant woman who has pinged me as the father of her unborn child.  I need a DNA test performed as soon as possible.”

She wasn’t surprised at the revelation. This type of thing was commonplace. And it bothered her that the young men would always act like they were preyed upon.  As if the woman had sex with herself.

“Is there a possibility that it is true,” she asked.

“I am not sure.  I was drugged.  One minute we were at the bar having drinks then the other I was waking up at gunpoint,” he said.

“Gunpoint,” she said alarmed.

“It’s a long story. You should have that new guy you are seeing tell you about it sometime.  But right now, I really don’t have the time.  I need to get to Restless Style.  Phyllis and Tamara are having yet another disagreement.”

Olivia didn’t know Tamara well yet but she could already tell that she was very much an alpha female.  And from what she knew about Phyllis, she was also in that category.  She didn’t know her very well herself so this was all second hand information from Dru whom had an intense rivalry with Phyllis from the moment they met.  And Tamara reminded Olivia of Dru so it stood to reason that she and Phyllis would not get along.

She smiled at Billy then said, “That news doesn’t surprise me.  Alright.  I will set something up.  Let’s say around 2.”

“Thank you Liv.  I’m glad that you and Jack are together.  Having a doctor in the family will come in handy.  What am I saying, you were always in the family,” he said as he stood. “Gotta go.”

“Bye Billy,” she said to his retreating back.


Location: Jabot

Jack had been trying to reach the Chairman of the Board of Directors all morning but couldn’t get him.  So he sat at his desk waiting for the guy to return his phone calls.  He felt more upset with each passing minute that his phone did not ring.  What was so important that the guy couldn’t return the phone call from one of the hospital’s biggest donors, he wondered.  Just when he was about to call him again, his phone rang.

“Hello,” he said harshly.

“Mr. Abbot.  I got a message that you were trying to reach me.”

“Yes. I have been. And now I am wondering why you hadn’t returned my call until now.”

“Sir.  We are busy here.  We have had an incident lately that we are trying to clear up.  Putting out fires so to speak. Surely you can understand that.”

“I understand it. However, as one of your largest donors, I expect my voice to be heard,” Jack said calmly.

“You have my ear Mr. Abbot.  Proceed.”

“It has been brought to my attention that one of your most promising and brightest young surgeons have been put on administrative leave.  And that there is an investigation surrounding his handling of a patient.”

“Yes, sir.  Nathan Winters is being investigated. It was quite surprising that he would be involved in this.  He is always very thorough.  He has even operated on me before.  So that should tell you the level of confidence I have in him here.  The board feels the same way.”

“Have you finished the investigation,” Jack asked.

“Not yet.  But we hope to have the findings complete soon.”

“I just want to let it be known to you that he is a very close family friend with the Abbots.  More like family than not.  One of the main reasons that my family has been so generous with the hospital over the years is in support of his mother’s career, who is your current chief of staff.  We have slated a sizable amount to also fund some of the younger Dr. Winter’s research for the upcoming year.  However, if he is working elsewhere, then our funds will travel with him.”

“I see.”

“Do we understand each other?”

“It seems I was wrong before.  We have finished our investigation on Dr Winters.  All the evidence points to him having done his due diligence.  He is absolved of any wrongdoing.”

“That’s good to hear.  It was nice speaking with you.  If ever you do any superfluous fund raising, let me know.  I would be more than happy to donate above and beyond my usual annual amount.”

“I will do that Mr Abbot. Good day.”

“Good day to you as well.”

Jack hung up the phone and opened his desk drawer.  He pulled out a photo that he had for years.  It was one that he had kept in his workspace since he was a teen.  It had been in his desk drawer at home, then at college, then at Jabot, at Newman, when he had been a state senator, and now back at Jabot.  The only time he didn’t have it nearby was when he had gone to war in Vietnam.  Over the years, he had looked at it often.  Any time he needed to focus and be reminded of what was important to him, he would take it out.  He placed the photo on his desk and smiled at the beautiful fresh face with the dark eyes.  He didn’t know how she did it but Olivia hadn’t changed all that much over the years.  She was still as beautiful today as she was when she had taken the picture with him all those years ago when she was a freshman in college with Ashley.

 

Location:  Restless Style

Billy had arrived at Restless Style prepared to break up a battle between Tammy and Phyllis but Tamara was nowhere to be found.  He thanked God for small miracles.  However, with respect to Phyllis, he was not so lucky.

“Billy,” she said as he walked in. “I need to speak with you.”

“One second,” he said as he typed Chelsea a text telling her to meet him at the hospital for the DNA test.   After he sent it, he looked at Phyllis and said, “I am at your beck and call Phyllis.”

“Am I the editor of this magazine,” she asked.

“Yes,” he said slowly wondering what she was leading up to.

“Then why is it that the receptionist informed me that she was writing the cover story for our next issue. As editor, isn’t that something I would already know. Matter of fact, as editor I would have been the one to give her the assignment.  But I was not.  Now isn’t something wrong with that?”

“Tammy.   Her name is Tammy.  And she is not just a receptionist,” Billy said.

“Oh come on.  She’s a nobody.  A nobody, Billy. Even had the nerve to throw her education in my face. “

“In her defense, she does have a mast-,” Billy began but was cut off by Phyllis.

“I don’t care how many masters’ degrees she has,” Phyllis yelled.

“Okay. Sorry,” Billy said in a placating voice as he raised both hands palm up.

“Did you tell her that she could write the cover article,” Phyllis asked.

“Yes.  And I am sure it will be great.”

“Billy, if I am the editor of this magazine then I will act like the editor.  That means cover articles have to be approved by me.”

“Agreed.  But Tammy will be writing the next one.  I promised her.  So maybe you two can work together and come to an agreement on the topic.”

“Fine,” Phyllis said with a devious smile and walking off.

At the moment he received a text from Chelsea saying that she would be at the hospital at 2.

He began dialing Chloe’s number but stopped.  What am I doing, he asked himself. Why not call Victoria to tell her that he was making progress and would have an answer about the baby today. He still wanted her back didn’t he? And why was Chloe the person whom his instincts told him to call?  He realized the answer as he asked the question.  Because he liked having her by his side.  He liked having her support. He liked her.  But Victoria was still his wife.  So he dialed her number.  He wasn’t surprised when she didn’t answer.  He thought about leaving her a message but decided against it.  He hang up before her voicemail beeped the signal to start recording then dialed Chloe’s number.

Location:  Tammy’s Apartment

Chloe sat listening to Tammy rationalize her decision to lie to Nate by omission.  In her opinion, it wasn’t that big of a deal.  She and Tammy had always had differing moral compasses.    But it seems that it was a Davis sister thing because Roxy seemed to have the same attitude about it.  Granted, Chloe had come a long way since the Delia paternity debacle. But she still knew the value of and the timing for a good lie. In her opinion, the time was approaching for her girl to come up with a good lie.  Her phone began to ring.  She looked at the caller ID and saw Billy’s name.

“Excuse me, this is the baby daddy calling.  I need to take the call in private. I’ll be right back,” she said rising and walking into Tammy’s bedroom.  Once inside, she closed the door.

“Hey Billy,” she said.

“Chloe. I have news.  Olivia agreed to do the DNA tests at 2 pm.  The results will be in this evening.”

“Great Billy. The sooner we know the facts, the sooner we can formulate a plan in dealing with this.”

“That’s true.”

“I will meet you at the hospital. Unless Victoria will be there to support you that is,” she said correcting herself.  What was she doing, she thought. Why was she acting like she and Billy were some united front? As if they were together.  He is still Victoria’s husband, she reminded herself.  And  besides, she had moved on from wanting and wishing for having a traditional family with him.

“Chloe,” he said.  She could hear the smile in his voice. “Your support means the world to me.  I am so lucky to have you on my side.  So yes, I would like you to meet me at the hospital.”

“So I guess Victoria is not going to be there,” she asked.  She just had to ask for her own piece of mind.

“I haven’t even spoken to her about it.”

“Okay then.  I’ll see you there.”

 

Location:  Newman Enterprises

Victor sat in his office at Newman reading over the latest financial report when his phone began to ring.

“This is Victor Newman,” he said as he answered the phone.

“Mr Newman.  This is Chelsea.”

“Has there been any progress on your assignment?”

“Yes sir.  I am going to have a DNA test performed on the baby today at 2.”

“And will this procedure take place at Genoa City Memorial Hospital.”

“Yes sir.”

“Thank you for the information.  I am sure that the results will pinpoint Billy Abbot as the father.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because I will not leave it up to chance.  Billy Abbot is the father of your baby.  Now I have to go,” he said hanging up the phone.

He then dialed his contact’s number at the hospital whose job it was to ensure that Billy Abbot did not get away with being a no good son of a bitch.

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited

Victoria knocked on the open door of Sophia’s office and walked in.

“Hey girl, I brought lunch,” she said as she held up the bag of food that she had gotten from Gloworm.

“Thanks.  But my stomach has been tied up so tight in knots that I can’t eat. Close the door.  I’ve got news.”

Victoria closed the door walked over to Sophia’s desk.  She took out the salads she had bought and gave one to Sophia who sat it on the desk and eyed it with a frown on her face.

“Are you okay?  You look a little queasy,” she asked.

Sophia sighed audibly then said, “Malcolm is Moses’ father.”

“Is this good news or bad news,” Victoria asked.  In her opinion, it was good news.  She knew that Sophia had never really loved Neil the way she had loved Malcolm.  Maybe this meant that she and Malcolm could have another shot.  She thought that was what her friend wanted.

“Bad news Vikki.  Just bad news.  After all the pain I have caused Neil and Malcolm.  Now I have the power to cause them even more. I don’t think that either wants to revisit this paternity issue.  I surely don’t.”

“That’s interesting.  Although you said that you didn’t know what you wanted to do about this, I get the distinct impression that you still cared for Malcolm.  Enough to want to try at being with him again.  And I know that the only thing that was standing in your way was Moses being Neil’s child.”

“I just can’t bounce back and forth between brothers.  It’s just not a good look.”

“True,” Victoria said thinking of Sharon. “It is a very bad look.”

“I have decided to let things remain the way that they are.  I guess giving up Malcolm for good is my punishment.  Besides, I don’t think he could ever forgive me for the betrayal.”

“Well, I am proud of you for making a choice,” Victoria said thinking about her inability to really do so with Billy.

“I know that you are thinking about Billy.”

Victoria gave what she knew was a very sad smile.

“What happened,” Sophia asked.

“I told Billy that if Chelsea is really carrying his child then we are done.”

“You know something.  That is exactly what Malcolm told me.  And so we were done.  But if we had been able to work things out then this news about him being Moses’ father would have been like a miracle.  Learn from me Vikki.  Or I should say, learn from Malcolm.  Don’t throw love and a future away based on one mistake.  You just never know what might happen down the line.”

That was something for Victoria to really think about. 

“Let me also tell you that I saw Billy here with Chloe this morning. They seemed awfully close.”

“I told you, he flirts with her.  But trust me.  He doesn’t want her.  If he did, they would still be together.  She has always been all about Billy.  Always.”

“It seemed more than just flirtation.”

“You think so.”

“Yes.  They seemed very close.”

“Hhhmm,” Victoria said. Something else for Victoria to consider. But she was not truly worried about losing Billy’s affection to Chloe. “Enough about our problems. Let’s eat.”

 

 

Time: Afternoon

Location:  Genoa City Airport

Callie had just landed in Genoa City with Walt and Pamela.  They found their way to the baggage area and stood at the belt waiting for their bags.  Surprisingly, John was nowhere to be found.  She half expected him to be standing at the gate.

“Where’s John,” Pamela said.

“I don’t know.  Maybe you should call him and see where he is?”

“Great idea. But-,” Pamela interrupted herself to speak to Walt who was holding Callie’s hand.  “No sweetie, don’t play on the conveyor belt.”  Then she continued with, “but first, I will go use the restroom.”  Pamela turned to walk away.

“Wait Pam.  How do you know it is that way?  I don’t see any signs.”

“Oh,” Pam said looking around for signs. “I don’t know how I know.  But the restrooms are around that corner.”

“Really,” Callie asked skeptically. “Let me ask someone first.”

“Callie,” Pam said rolling her eyes.  “I am not some child.  I am capable of going to the restroom on my own. I wish you and John would just let go. I am fine.”

“Sorry. Go ahead.”

Pam turned back and headed in the direction she had been earlier.  Callie could hear her grumbling under her breath as she walked away.

“This girl is cooking my last grit. As if…”

 

 

Eve was happy to finally be in Genoa City.  Her flight had been very tiring. Apparently it had a computer problem and they had been grounded for two hours on the run way.  She had been astonished and a little afraid when the pilot had told them that the airplane had lost itself. She assumed it was a GPS tracking problem.  All types of scenarios had gone through her head. What if this happened in flight and other planes and towers couldn’t see them.  It was the perfect set up for in flight head on collision.  Just when she thought to de-embark the plane, pilot had come on the loud speaker and said that the problem was fixed as the plane began to taxi.  So she had been stuck.

So now she headed to the baggage area to pick up her bags.  She stepped up to the conveyor belt beside a young woman and her son.

The lady looked at her and smiled. She smiled in return.  She wondered if she looked as haggard as she felt.

“Long flight,” the woman asked as she turned her son’s hand loose to get a suit case off the belt.

“Yes.  I am so happy to finally be here.”

“I know how you feel,” she said as her son tried to step on the conveyor belt. “No Walt,” she said as he began to fall.

Eve caught him before he hit the ground and stood him back up.  She hadn’t really paid him much attention before but he was such a handsome little boy.  He looked so familiar.  If she didn’t know better she would think that he was a part of her family. 

“Thank you,” the woman said grabbing the little boy’s hand. “Walt,” she said. “You are too old for these antics. What has gotten in to you?”

“I sorry Callie,” he said in a small voice. “I was just trying to ride it.”

“It’s not a toy sweetie.  Just be a good boy for me while I do this and I will make sure your mommy gives you a treat.”

“A treat,” he said with his eyes lighting up. “Okay.”

So he wasn’t her child after all.  Eve looked at the little boy again and her interest was piqued. 

“So are you from here,” Eve asked her.

“No. Walt’s dad moved here for his job.  So here we are.”

Walt’s dad, she said to herself. Alarm bells began to ring.  Her brother had recently moved here for a job. And those eyes in that little face were Winters eyes.  Surely her crazy brother had not had a baby and not told her about it. So she continued her line of questioning.

“Oh,” she said nonchalantly. “And what does he do?”

“He’s a systems architect,” she said smiling unaware that she was being drilled for information.

Eve breathed sigh of relief.  No one in her family had a career even close to that.

“Sounds exciting,” she said.

“You’re just being polite.  Tell the truth.  It sounds boring,” she said laughing.

“Just a little.”

“Are you from here,” the woman asked.

“No.  I have lots of family here though.  So right now, I am just visiting.”

Eve pulled her bag off the conveyor belt just as Nathan walked in the door.

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Chelsea Lawson arrived at the hospital to meet Billy.  She knew that he hated her right now.  But she didn’t care.  Not really.  All she wanted was the best for her baby. She knew that he thought that she had set him up.  She was just as surprised as he was when those men came into her apartment with the guns.  But he would never believe that. And if she had known that he was so drunk, she wouldn’t have ever slept with him.  In her mind they were two people trying to move on from heartbreak.  He told her that his wife couldn’t forgive him for a mistake he made and she had talked about her this guy she had cared for who had decided that the uneducated Chelsea was not good enough.  She had thought that both she and Billy choosing Myanmar to hide and lick their wounds was fate.  That they were meant to meet.  But it seemed that he was just another guy using her.

She stepped off the elevator and asked the nurse for directions to the room that she was going to have the procedure. She followed her directions and opened the door.

“Hi,” a doctor said rising and walking to her. “My name is Dr. Winters,” she said with a smile

“I’m Chelsea,” she said shaking her hand.

“Nice to meet you. Now, have a seat.  Let’s talk before we get started. I know you must have questions.”

Dr. Winters explained the procedure and clear terms that she could understand.  It relieved some of her fear to know that the procedure was safer than she had thought.  But she had been willing to risk it because she wanted to prove that Billy was the father of her baby. 

“Chelsea, would you like to see your baby today,” Dr Winters said.

“Yes. Thank you.”

Chelsea lay down and pulled her shirt up to bear her stomach.  Just as Dr Winters was squeezing gel onto her abdomen, Billy walked in with the mother of his daughter.

“Hi Billy.  Chloe,” Dr Winters said.

“Hey,” Chloe said.

“Liv,” Billy said.

“Well, I was just about to do an ultrasound for Chelsea so she could see the baby.”

“That’s nice Billy,” said looking at her stomach. 

“So if you don’t mind stepping out,” Dr Winters said pleasantly.

“Liv. Why can’t I stay? She says it is mine.  I should be able to see the baby too.”

“I’m sorry Billy.  But that is not how I operate.  As long as this baby is inside Chelsea, you have no rights.”

“But Liv-,” he began but was cut off by Chloe.

“Billy. She’s right. It is Chelsea’s body,” Chloe said.

“It’s okay.  They can both stay,” Chelsea said.

“Have a seat then you two,” Dr Winters said turned on the machine. 

She rubbed it across Chelsea’s abdomen. Then turned it towards them.

“Here you go,” she said. “Your baby.”

Chelsea looked at the monitor and fell in love.  She had seen her baby before during an ultrasound.  But that was in her first trimester when there was not much to see.  It had looked like a blob.  But this was a baby.

 

Location:  Genoa City Airport

Nate walked into the airport and saw Eve talking to a pretty woman and her son.  He headed in their direction.  When Eve saw him, her face lit up in a broad smile. As he reached her, they embraced and he kissed her cheek.

“My little boobala is all grown up now.  It never ceases to amaze me,” she said patting his cheek.

He laughed.  Ever since he had known her, she had called him by that nickname. 

“So, have you gotten all your bags,” he asked looking down at her many bags with a smirk.  He was not surprised that she had so many.  No woman he knew traveled lightly.

“I think I am missing one more,” she said looking at the belt. “And there it is,” she said pointing at it.

“Excuse me,” he said as he brushed past the lady.  He reached to get the bag and as he did so he noticed her son.  That’s interesting he thought.  The little boy looked a lot like Moses.  

As he stood, he turned back to Eve.

“Is that it,” he asked.

“That’s it.”

Nate loaded her bags on a nearby trolley.  Then they left.

 

Pamela headed back towards the baggage claim area thinking about all she had to do today.  Moving was exhausting.  It was something that she didn’t plan on doing every again if she could help it.

When she was halfway across the terminal she saw John walk through the door.  Obviously Walt had seen him too.

“Daddy,” he squealed as he ran towards John as fast as his little legs could carry him.

John scooped him up and hugged him tightly.

Anytime Pamela had any doubt about marrying John and being with him not knowing who she was, scenes like this reminded her that she had done the right thing. John was a fabulous father to Walt.

She walked over to where they were and said in a sultry voice, “I missed you Johnny.”

He transferred Walt to one arm and reached out the hand of the other to cup her cheek.

“I missed you too gorgeous,” he said in a husky voice while running his thumb over her bottom lip. “No kiss for me?”

She leaned in and kissed him slowly on the lips. 

“Mmm,” he moaned as she pulled her lips away. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” she said.

“I love you too mommy,” Walt said.

“Awe. I love you too baby.”

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Chloe sat beside Billy holding his hand.  She knew that he had been affected by the ultrasound. She could tell by the way his eyes were riveted to the monitor. 

“Chelsea, are you ready to start the procedure,” Dr Winters asked.

“Yes.  Let’s get it done doctor.”

“Billy and Chloe,” Dr Winters gestured to the door with her eyes.

“I should -,” Billy began.

“Let’s give Dr Winters some space to do her job.  The last thing she needs is you breathing down her neck,” Chloe said before he could finish.  She grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door.

Chloe understood how scary these procedures could be.  It’s something that a person needed peace to get through.  Chelsea did not need Billy in the room making her nervous. 

They walked hand in hand down the hall to the waiting area.  Once inside he closed the door.  He released her hand and wrapped both his arms around her waist. He pulled her forcefully to his body.  Before she could respond he lowered his head and claimed her mouth in a feather light kiss.  She closed her eyes to savor the sweetness of it.

When he broke the kiss, she opened her eyes to see him lick his lips and smile at her.

“What is going on with you Billy,” she said pulling away.  He released her.  She turned her back on him and walked to the window.

“What do you mean,” he said right behind her. 

“All this kissing, hugging, and touching you have been doing lately. Why?”

“Because you’re a beautiful, sexy momma,” he said lowering his voice and pressing his body against hers.

“I was a beautiful, sexy mother, to your only child I might add, when we divorced,” she said.  As soon as it was out of her mouth, she regretted the statement. She admitted to herself that she was enjoying Billy’s attention and didn’t really want it to stop.  But she also didn’t know what to do about it so she fell into her old pattern of making snarly remarks to push people away to protect herself.

“I agree.  You were,” he said into her hair as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

It felt so good being in Billy’s arms again. She had missed it.  She didn’t know how much until just now.

“Stop Billy,” she said with no conviction as she rubbed her hands down his arms and wrapped her arms around her body atop his.

“I’m trying.  But I can’t seem to pull myself away,” he whispered in her ear in a way that aroused her.

She could feel her nipples getting hard and her lower lips begin to swell.  But she didn’t want to give in to it.  He was still married to Victoria.

“Try harder,” she said.

“Harder than this,” he said pushing his pelvis into her butt.  “I don’t think that’s possible.”

She could feel his arousal.  And he was very hard. The thought of being with Billy in that way again was very exciting.

“I’ve felt harder,” she said nonchalantly.

He laughed softly then whispered into her ear, “My little Vixen. You feel so good in my arms Chloe. Doesn’t it feel good to you too?  I know it does.”

“It’s okay,” she said.

“Just okay, huh? Well, let’s see if I can make it better,” he said.

He raised one hand from her waist to cup her breast.  He rubbed his thumb over the nipple. 

She couldn’t help herself when she moaned loudly.

“Damn. Your nipples are about as hard as my dick.  Are you wet,” he said in a deep voice next to her ear.

“Maybe,” she said.

“Maybe,” he said.  “I think I better find out for myself.”

He moved his other hand from her waist to her thigh. He slowly rubbed his hand lightly up her leg as he pulled her dress up along with it.  His hand made contact with the edge of her panties. He rubbed one finger back and forth next to her he panties all the while repeatedly rubbing his thumb across her nipple.

She sighed as her stomach muscles clenched at the light touches from his fingers. 

“It’s been a long time since I experienced you coming for me. I remember exactly how it was between us.  The way you moan. The way you tighten your thighs. The way you arch your back. The way your body glistens. The way you smell. I missed it all Vixen,” he whispered.

“Billy,” she whimpered.

“Can I make you come right now,” he asked tentatively.  As if he was sure the answer was no.

“I doubt it,” she said saucily.

He slid one finger inside of her panties and rubbed her clitoris with a feather light touch.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

“You’re so wet,” he said rubbing his finger more firmly. 

Chloe felt her orgasm building.  She hadn’t had sex in a long time so her body was more than ready for it.

“Billy,” she said again as she began to move her hips to the rhythm of his fingers.

“What? Hhmm? What do you want,” he said.

“I don’t know,” she lied. She knew exactly what she was asking him for when she said his name.  And she knew he knew too.

“You’re lying.  You know exactly what you want,” he said increasing the pace with both his fingers.

“Ahh,” she said as she moved her hips faster to keep up with his fingers.

“That’s right Vixen. Go get it. Go get that O,” he said laughing softly.

She began to move faster as the tension built higher and higher. And tighter and tighter.  Finally, it broke.

“Mmmmm,” she moaned loudly as she came very hard arching her back.  She squeezed her thighs together trapping his hand between.

After the final shudder passed through her body, he wrapped both arms back around her waist and held her.

“I loved that Chloe,” he said. 

That one statement was like ice water in her veins. How dare he use the word love to her, she thought angrily.  She pulled away from him, turned around, and slapped him hard across the face.

“I guess some things never change. You love touching me and having sex with me.  You just don’t love me,” she said running towards the door.

“Chloe,” he called following her.

He grabbed her hand just when she made it to the door.

“Wait,” he said looking her in the eyes. “I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Of course you didn’t,” she said. “You never do.”

“But,” he began as she cut him off.

“Please Billy,” she pleaded with tears forming in her eye.  “Just let me go.”

He raised his other hand to her cheek and rubbed it with his thumb.

“Thanks for being here,” he said still looking into her eyes. “It really meant a lot.”

Chloe felt herself drowning in his eyes.  She loved those eyes.  Even more so because they were the same one’s she looked at in her daughters face every day.  She pulled away from him and left.

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited

Tucker sat at his desk reminiscing about the night he had with his Songbird.  He wondered how her day was going.  He had thought at least 20 times throughout the day to call her.  But he didn’t want to push her away by smothering her.  He got the impression at his mother’s house this morning that she still wasn’t ready.  That she wasn’t completely sold on him.  The only real way to convince her was to show her that he meant what he said.  Time, he hoped, would take care of her reservations.  But right now he missed her and wanted nothing more than to just see her.

He heard his office door close and looked up to find his Songbird leaning against the door carrying a bag.

“Well, look what my thoughts conjured up,” he said standing and walking around his desk. “It’s the love of my life.”

She met him half way and rose on tiptoe to kiss him lingeringly.

“Mmhm,” he said against her lips then broke the kiss to look into her eyes.  “What brings you hear,” he asked. He wanted to hear her say it.

“I came to feed my sexy fiancée,” she whispered against his lips. Then she kissed him deeper by sliding her tongue into his mouth. She broke the kiss. Then held up the bag of food she was carrying. 

“What did you bring for me to eat?  Besides, you that is.  Because I fully plan on getting a sample before you leave,” he said. 

“That was my plan,” she said with a sexy smile.  Then kissed him deeply again.  She broke the kiss and grabbed his hand and led him over to the couch on his office.  They sat down and she began to take out the food she had brought with her.

Tucker was very excited that she had showed up.  It made him feel more secure in the idea that she really did want to be with him. He was sure he looked like a goofy fool sitting there staring at her.

She looked at him, tilted her head to the side, and smiled.

“Baby, did you just take someone’s company or something.  You seem like you are on cloud nine,” she said laughing.

“No.”

“Are you sure?  You know that if you did, I will understand.  I won’t be upset or anything.  I know it is just business.”

“I love you,” he said lifting her hand wearing his ring to his lips and kissing it. 

“I love you too,” she said opening the containers.  “Can I ask you something?”

“Anything Songbird.”

“Do you mind that I work?”

“Do I mind that you work? No. Do I mind that you work for Chris and Neil? Yes.”

“Why baby,” she asked. “Why does it matter that I work for them?”

“Because they are confused.  They seem to think that you belong to them. But they’re wrong.  You’re mine.  And you working there just reinforces their thoughts.”

“Baby, I am not an object to be owned,” she said laying her hand against his cheek.

“That’s not what you said last night when I was inside you,” Tucker said.  He distinctly remembered her saying that she was his lady.

Harmony blushed. “Mick, I am bound to say anything while we are making love,” she said laughing softly. “You can’t hold me to that.”

“I can and I will.”

She leaned in and kissed him softly.

“You know what baby.  You’re right.  I am yours. Not in the way of property.  But in the way that your soul is the only one that my soul hears.  That my heart is only connected to yours.  My happiness is bound up with yours. You are the only man for me,” she said smiling.

How did she know that this was what he needed to hear right now? How did she know exactly what to say to make him feel good?  His ego just grew at least two sizes bigger.

“It doesn’t matter what other men think.  Not Chris.  Not Neil.  It doesn’t matter where I work. I will always hear you when you call out to me.  Whether you pick up the phone and verbalize it or not.”

“Is that why you came today? Did you feel me missing you?”

She leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips again. And his heart fluttered.

“Yes baby.”

Damn, Tucker thought to himself.  He just fell in love with her all over again.  He wondered if it would always be this way. He wrapped both arms around her and pulled her to him. He kissed her slowly. Sliding his tongue in and out of her mouth mimicking the action he wanted to perform with her.

“Mmm,” she moaned into his mouth and he became fully aroused the way he always did when she moaned that way.

“Songbird, may I make love to you,” he asked against her lips with is breath mingling with her.

“Please,” she said. 

He stood and pulled her to her feet.  He placed her on her knees on the couch facing away from him with her hands braced against the back. He slowly pulled her dress up to reveal her butt. He used both hands to massage the cheeks.

“Your ass is still perfect,” he said. He could see her juices glistening on her lower lips and felt like the luckiest man in the world. “And you are already wet,” he said pushing one finger inside of her while he undid his pants with the other.

“Mmmm,” she moaned as he pulled the finger out slowly.

He freed himself and positioned himself behind her. He slowly pushed in as he gripped her hips.

“Aaah,” she screamed softly.

He pulled out and pushed back in harder.  Then began a gentle steady rhythmic thrusting.

She screamed softly on every thrust.

“That’s all you got for me. Hmm. That’s all the scream you gonna give me,” he said.

“We’re.  In. Your. Office,” she said each word on his outstroke. “Someone. Might. Hear.”

“Oh. So you’re shy? Don’t want anyone to know that the boss is making love to his lady in the office,” he said. He continued his rhythm and leaned down to whisper in her ear. “Too bad I don’t give a damn.”

And he didn’t.  He wanted to hear his Songbird sing. So he began thrusting harder.

“Ahhh,” she screamed louder.

Still not loud enough for him. He slid one hand from her hip to the middle of her back and pushed.  She complied by lowering her body and putting an arch in her back, which forced him deeper.

“Aaaah,” she screamed louder.

“Yes,” he said slamming in and out of her. “That’s the note I want to hear.”

He could feel her legs begin to shake and knew that she was close to orgasm.

“Let me have it darlin. Come on. Let me have it,” he said as he began rotating his hips at the end of each thrust.

 “Eeee,” she squeeled softly as she came. 

He stopped moving to feel her muscles pulsate around him.  He savored the sensation.   When she was done, he slid in and out of her again. He leaned down and whispered against her neck.

“You cheated me,” he said pushing in and rotating his hips.

“What,” she said laughing. “You told me to come.”

“You held back when you did,” he said as he started the same slow steady rhythm he had begun with earlier. “You know I don’t like when you don’t give me all. Now I am going to have to make sure that this next time you are not capable of holding back.”

 

 

Chloe was just about to knock on Tucker’s door to remind him that he had a meeting in 15 minutes when she heard screams.  It took her a few seconds to make out what she was hearing but it was obvious that Tucker had a woman in his office and they were having sex.  Some very good sex if she wasn’t mistaken. Her money was on the woman being Harmony.  Good for them, she thought as she smiled and walked away.  Her first order of business was to clear Tucker’s calendar for the next hour.   

 

 

 

 

 

 

Episode 20 by Diva58

 

Episode 20

Time: Same day as last Episode, Evening

Location: Roxy’s Apartment

Roxy was on pins and needles waiting for Devon to arrive. She had cooked a full course meal with appetizers and desert.  She had also dressed for the occasion in a skin tight red dress with classic black platform stilettoes.  The dress had long sleeves and a bateau neckline.  The top was really modest.  But the bottom was a super mini.  It ended a few inches under her butt. She generally didn’t wear dresses that short, but tonight was an exception. 

He heart beat faster when she heard a knock on the door.  She walked to the door.  When she reached it she took a deep calming breath. She opened the door and smiled. Devon had also dressed for the occasion.  He had on a grey suit that she knew was tailored and carried a square red box in his hand.

She stepped back from the entrance while still holding the door.

“Come in,” she said breathlessly.

He walked in then she closed the door.

“I hope you’re hungry,” she said turning around to face him.

He looked slowly down her body and stopped on her legs.

“Ravenous,” he said in a husky tone.

“Good,” she said. “I plan to really feed your appetite tonight.”

“Hmmm. Can’t wait,” he said looking slowly back up her body to rest on her face. “I bought you something.  Your favorite chocolates.”

“Thank you,” she said taking the chocolate box from his hand.  She leaned in and kissed him quickly on the lips.  Then she walked around him to lay the box on the side table.   She felt like she needed a moment to catch her breath. To calm her nerves.

“I am just going to go in the kitchen and get our appetizers. I was thinking that maybe we could talk before we eat. Okay,” she said heading into the kitchen.

Roxy didn’t know why she was so nervous.  She had known Devon for years now.  She hadn’t felt this way with him since they had sex for the first time.  Maybe it was be because he was so quiet.  Something he rarely ever was. She tried to calm down before she went back out.

 

 

Devon was still standing in the same spot.  He was sure there must be drool on his chin. His Foxy had on one of the shortest and tightest dresses he had ever seen in his life.  And definitely the shortest dress he had ever seen her wear.  His eyes had been glued to those legs when she walked away.   He shook himself out of the daze he had been in since she had opened the door and sat down on the couch. He was lucky to have such a smart and beautiful woman in love with him.  He didn’t fault other men for wanting her.  But Phillip Chancellor IV must be crazy if he thought that he would ever let Roxanne go.   Those long sexy legs belonged to him. She was his.

She walked out holding a tray and his eyes went back to her legs.   She bent over directly in front of him and sat the tray down.

He groaned involuntarily.  She must have heard it because she looked at him and smiled.

“I am trying so hard not to pounce on you,” he said smiling back at her. “But you have got to know how sexy you look. I want to lift that dress and taste you so bad right now.  But I don’t want to spoil your dinner. Which smells delicious by the way.”

She sat down next to him and clasped his hand.  She intertwined their fingers as he lifted their hands to his lips and kissed the back of hers.

“Can we talk,” she said.  “I want to clear the air.”

“Beautiful ladies first,” he said.

“Okay,” she said laughing softly. “For the record.  I was not with Chance. He wasn’t my man.  I would never sleep with him.”

“I know that Foxy,” he said kissing the back of her hand again. Although he had said those things to her at Gloworm, he knew in his soul that Roxy would never give Chance his goodies.  She had just met the guy.

“I was wrong for breaking up with you.  It was stupid.  I love you. I want to be with you,” she said looking him in the eyes.

“I love you too.”

“And finally, I don’t care if we ever get married.  I will still love you and be with you. If it never happens, I won’t care. ”

He knew she was lying but he still appreciated the sentiment.  She wanted to get married. And so did he.  He had been carrying the ring around in his pocket for days now.  His plans were to ask her tomorrow night on Tucker’s private island.  But he was too excited to wait. This was the perfect setting.  It was a place where they had spent many days and nights. A place that they both had grown from kids to adults. He thought it was fitting.

“I will care Roxy,” he said standing and pulling her feet also.  He took a step back and got down on one knee. Still holding her left hand, he looked up at her.

She placed her right hand over her heart and gasped.

“My beautiful, sweet, considerate, and loving Roxanne. I will care.  When I was growing up in Foster care, I went from home to home. Angry at no one.  Angry at everyone.  But wanting a family.  Desiring a family. I never thought that I would have one.  But now I do. Having that one prayer answered makes me feel like the luckiest man in the world.  But it has also taught me to think bigger.  To dream bigger than I ever would have if it had never happened. So now, I have these ambitious ideas about a music career and being rich and famous. I know I made you feel like you would get in the way of that.  But that is the furthest thing from the truth.  Since the moment we met, my dreams have begun and ended with you.  No dream of mine would be complete without you. My life is incomplete without you,” he said.

He took the ring out of his pocket and opened the box. His heart pounded in his chest as he noticed Roxy begin to cry. 

“I know that I took you for granted. But I promise that is a mistake I will never make again.  Will you marry me Foxy? Will you allow me to spend the rest of my life showing you how lucky I feel to have you in my life,” he said.

“Yes,” she said as he slipped the ring on her finger. He noticed the perfect fit and smiled.

He stood and embraced her as she wrapped her arms around his neck.  She felt so good in his arms. He couldn’t help himself as his hand slid from her waist to cup and squeeze her butt.

She leaned back to look in his eyes.  And he saw the only life he ever wanted to have reflected in the dark depths. He lowered his head and kissed her slowly. As he did so, he pulled her even closer to his body.  He lifted one hand from her butt cheek to cup her face.  He broke the kiss and leaned back to look in her eyes.

“So will you feed me now,” he asked in a husky voice.

“Yes,” she said shakily.

He released her and took a step back.

“Good.  Because I am starving,” he said looking slowly down her body again. 

He looked back up to her face, tilted his head to the side, and stared into her eyes for a few seconds. “Take off your dress,” he demanded.

 

Location:  Lily Winter’s House

Trevor had picked Lily up after her classes and they had gone together to pick up Charlie and Maddie.  Now they were sitting on the couch watching the kids play.  She was sitting with her feet curled up under her and her head resting in the crook of his arm that was wrapped around her shoulders.  She used one hand to rub his stomach.

“Remember that I told you that my mom was coming in town today,” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Well, she made it.  And we are having dinner tonight at my parent’s house.  I would love for you and the twins to come,” he said.  He was serious about Lily.  He probably should have introduced her to his dad and granddad before now but he had enjoyed keeping her to himself.  He liked spending time with her at home.  That way he had all her attention.  Now he could introduce her to his entire family at one time.

“I would love to meet your family.  But I am not sure it is a good idea. It will be past the twin’s bedtime.  They are crabby under normal circumstances like that.  But compounding that with today being their first day at school,” she said raising her head to look at his face.

“Hey.  Its fine,” he said kissing her on the lips. “You’re a mother first. You put your kids first.  It’s one of the many things I like about you.”

“Are you sure,” she asked tentatively.

He could see the nervousness in her eye.  She thought that he would be upset.

“My lady,” he said kissing her on the lips. “It’s fine.  You can meet them another day.  Charlie and Maddie should be your first priority.  If they weren’t then I probably wouldn’t be so smitten with you.”

“My knight,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck. 

He wrapped both arms around her and pulled her closer.  He lowered his head slowly and their lips met.

“Mm,” she moaned.

He licked her bottom lip with his tongue and softly sucked it into his mouth.   He released it and raised is head to look at her face.  She opened her eyes and he saw his favorite look.  The one that was great for his ego.   The one that made him want to stake his claim.  But he put a stop to it.

“Lily,” he said. “I want to be with you. Intimately.  But I don’t think the time is right for us. I think we should wait a while longer.”

“I think that the timing is perfect Trevor,” she said shyly.

He chuckled softly and said, “You have been through so much.  And this is your first relationship since your husband died.  I just want you to be sure. “

“I’m sure.  I think that you should come back after your dinner,” she said kissing him on the lips again.

“I don’t want our first time together to be like that,” he said lowering his voice aware that the twins are in the room.  “I was thinking that maybe we could find a sitter for the twins and go away for the weekend.  That way I can spend some real quality time with you. No distractions.”

“That sounds like a great idea.  Just tell me when.”

“This weekend is the Arts Gala.  So I was thinking next weekend,” he said rubbing his hand up and down Lily’s spine.  He felt her shudder as he did so.  He bet she would shudder the exact same way when he entered her for the first time. If she didn’t, he’d make damn sure that she did when she came for him.

“Okay. I will make plans for a babysitter.”

He smiled at her and lowered his head to kiss her again.  Before he could make contact her felt a light touch on his thigh.  He looked down to see Maddie standing between his legs. She looked up at him with her mother’s eyes.  They had the same worshipping look.

He unwrapped his arms from around Lily’s waist and reached for her.

“Hey baby girl,” he said as he picked her up.  In the gesture that he had become accustomed, she laid her head on his shoulder. “I think someone is sleepy.”

“Probably,” Lily said looking at Charlie who continued to play in his own little world. “I think it is bath time so that I can put them down for the night.”

“Would you like some help,” he asked.

“Thank you,” she said smiling broadly.

 

Location:  Glow Worm

Kevin walked into Gloworm looking for his mother.  She had called him and asked if he would work the bar.  He didn’t much care for mixing drinks but he needed to get some space from Angelina.  She was sweet and all.  And she loved him but her voice was super annoying.  This break would do them both good.

He headed towards the bar when he saw Chloe.  She was sitting at a booth as if she was waiting for someone.  She looked as beautiful as she always did.  He stood there contemplating going over to talk to her.  He hadn’t seen nor spoken to her since their conversation at Delia’s party.  He knew that they traveled in different circles so he wouldn’t see her much unless he sought her out.  This might be his only chance in a while.  Just when he had decided to walk over, he heard a menacing voice right behind him.

“Don’t even think about it.”

He looked over his shoulder to see Billy standing behind him.

“Think about what,” he asked looking back at Chloe.          

“Going over to harass Chloe.”

“I am not going to harass her.  I just want to speak with her.  See how she has been. Make sure she is okay.”

“She’s fine. Actually, she is better than fine.”

“How do you know,” he asked.  Billy never seemed to notice very much about Chloe when they were together.  But now he was acting like he was some expert on her and her feelings.

“Because I know.”

“I don’t see how. You never cared about Chloe or her feelings before.”

“Listen chipmunk.  Don’t worry about Chloe.  She is not your concern.”

“So what?  Is she your concern now,” he asked.  As far as Kevin knew, Billy was still married to Victoria.

“She’s always been my concern.  She is the mother of my kid. That makes her my concern.”

“Psh, yeah right.  She was the mother of your kid when you divorced her to be with Mac.”

“You don’t know anything about it okay,” Billy said. “So I suggest you shut your mouth.”

“Ha, I know plenty about it.  I was there.  Remember?”

“Like I said, you don’t know anything about me and Chloe,” Billy said between clenched teeth.

“Fine Billy,” Kevin said.  He would just leave her alone for now.  It might be awhile but he would see her again.  Eventually.  And hopefully then, her phony guard dog wouldn’t be around.  

“Yeah, it better be fine and it better stay fine,” he heard Billy say to his back as he walked away.

 

Location:  The Legacy Club

Neil sat with Justin and Chris having dinner at his members’ only private social club.  It was on the style of the Yale Club in New York.  The club was about 80 years old and had only started allowing women as members about 25 years ago.  Because of that, many people in town considered those who were members to be snobby.  Being allowed as a member of such a club signified to him that his hard work had paid off.  Growing up, he had worked at a similar club in Houston, Texas.  He had also fallen for a girl whose father was a member.  Of course, the boy who parked the cars was not good enough no matter how smart and promising his future had been.  He just didn’t have the right last name nor did he grow up in a house with the right address.  So he vowed that his kids would have the right last name.  No one would ever deem them unfit.  So far, he had succeeded.

“This is a nice place,” Chris said.

“Seems a great place to network,” Justin said.

“If you guys want a membership, I will sponsor you,” Neil said.

“Sure,” Chris said.

“Devon and Nathan are both members.  Legacy clause and all,” Neil said laughing.  “Nathan understands the importance of networking by rubbing elbows with the cities elite. So he comes here sometimes.  But my son is a different story.   He only comes for special events like balls.”

“I guess Precious still hasn’t grown into his new status,” Chris said.

“I don’t think he ever will either,” Neil said.

“Well, I say good for him,” Justin said. “It doesn’t hurt to remember where you come from.”

“Justin,” Chris said exasperated.  “I am about over this moping around.   You need to find a woman and get laid. Even if you have to purchase her.  You are obviously long overdue.”

Neil looked up from his plate and laughed.

“Me,” Justin said pointing to his chest.  “I am not discussing Donna tonight by the way. However, I think you are the one who complains about not having a date.  Not me. And if I recall, I am not eating dinner alone every night.  You are right there beside me.”

“Well brethren, that is about to change.  I spoke with the sweet nanny today.  And she has arrived in town.  We are set for lunch tomorrow,” Chris said.

“You must be desperate,” Justin said laughing. “Need I remind you of the code. The sweet nanny is surely not a beauty.”

“Looks are not everything,” Chris said looking down at his plate.

“But they surely do help,” Justin said.

“Here’s what I have found over the years.  An unattractive woman will give you just as many headaches as an attractive one.  So you might as well get the prettiest one you can find,” Neil said laughing.

“True,” Justin said.

“I have had many beautiful women. Many, many, many beautiful women,” Chris said wistfully.  “I admit to dating women for looks alone.  But the older I get, the more I realize that looks are just not enough for me anymore.  I want someone I can come home to at night and have a little peace. Someone I can talk to about anything and not have her give me a clueless or, even worse, an uninterested look.  A mother for my children.”

“That’s deep cousin.  And I totally get it. Totally,” Neil said.

“Neil.  You had that in Sophia but you let it go. I would be remiss if I didn’t remind you,” Justin said.

“Sophia is a good woman,” Neil said.

“Then why are you two no longer together,” Chris asked.

“I didn’t love her like I should and she knew it.  I tried.  I really did.  But it just didn’t happen.  My heart is full of love for someone else.  There just wasn’t any room there for her.”

“Dru,” Justin asked.

Neil smiled sadly.  He knew it was crazy which is why he rarely voiced it out loud.  But he was deeply in love with a dead woman. Still.

 “I get it.  One just does not get over such a woman.  It just doesn’t happen.  And I don’t think that any man who knew her would expect you too,” Chris said.

“I think I just want to be alone for now.  I don’t want to hurt another woman by not loving her like I should,” Neil said.

“Speaking of loving a woman like a man should,” Justin said laughing. “Tucker must really love Harmony.”

“It seems so,” Neil said. “But he will screw it up.”

“No doubt,” Chris said bitterly.

“I’m not so sure about that.  He has to want her really bad to give up his fight over Bell,” Justin said. “I mean really bad.  He had us in the palm of his hand. He could have gotten his revenge and the company.  But he chose her over it.  Not many men would have done that.  I can’t say that I would have myself. It makes you wonder though doesn’t it?”

“Wonder,” Neil asked.

“About her.  Makes me want to find out what lays between her thighs. It’s got to be good. Must be a goldmine,” Justin said laughing.

“Justin. Listen. You’re my boy and all.  But don’t make me hurt you. Cause if either one of us at this table has the pleasure of tasting that pussy, it will be me,” Chris said seriously.

“Gentleman,” Neil said.  “Have some respect please.”

“As if you didn’t think it too,” Justin said laughing.

Neil smiled guiltily.

 

Location:  Olivia Winter’s Condo

Olivia had just finished eating dinner with her house guest Eve.  She was so happy to have her in town.  Even for a little while.  So now they sat on the couch drinking wine and catching up on each other’s lives.

“So missy,” Olivia said. “Who are you dating?”

“No one right now,” Eve said. “I just haven’t had that much time lately.  With work and all.”

“Oh, you know I understand how that is.  But surely, you must get some free time.”

“Actually no.  But since I quit my job before I came out here, I have nothing but free time.”

Olivia knew Eve well. All the Winters were about family.  And Eve was no exception.  She may appear to some as a career woman, but she wanted a husband and family.  And she had just the man for her.

“That’s good,” she said giving a knowing smile. “Justin has also moved to town.  And is single.”

“Single,” she said with a frown. “He and Donna are divorced.”

“Yes.  And I won’t say that I am upset about it. I never liked her.”  Olivia remembered when they were all in high school and Justin coming to visit them for the summer time to work for her father.  And Justin would always spend so much of his money buying Donna gifts and sending them to her.  But Donna barely wrote him letters.  She always felt like their love had been one-sided.  And then the entire Marcus fiasco just sealed it.  Justin could do better than that.

“We all know that,” Eve said laughing. “You made that plain when you found out that he was going to marry her.”

“She’s just a little liar,” Olivia said under her breath.  “But enough about her. Back to you and Justin. He has a thing for you.”

“I know,” Eve said laughing. “He has never tried to hide it.  And I do enjoy sparring with him.”

“We all know that,” Olivia said repeating Eve’s words back to her with a smile.

“Enough about my love life. Or lack thereof.  Who are you seeing?”

“His name is Jack Abbot,” Olivia said with pride.  The feeling was odd being that it was a pride that she didn’t know she felt in her relationship with Jack.

“Jack Abbot.  Abbot. Abbot,” Eve said thinking aloud. “I know that name.”

“Yes. It’s the last name of my best friend Ashley. Jack is her brother.”

“That can get kind of sticky if it doesn’t work out.”

“I know.  But we are taking it slowly. Very slowly,” Olivia said emphasizing the word slowly.

“And you don’t sound happy about it. Do you think that you are more invested that this Jack Abbot.”

“Gosh no.  He is very much invested.  It’s just that I am starting to have these urges and he doesn’t want to go there just yet.”

Olivia laughed at Eve’s look of amazement.

“Tell me about it,” Olivia said.  In all her years, she had never met a man that would turn down sex from any woman.  Let alone one to which they were attracted.  But Jack was an anomaly.

“Liv,” Eve said with a twinkle in her eyes. “If you are ready to sleep with Jack then sleep with Jack.  I say seduce him.”

“Seduce him,” echoed in Olivia’s head like the revelation that it was. Now that was a thought and something that Jack would probably never expect her to do.  She looked at Eve with a bright smile.

 

Location: Roxy’s Apartment

Roxanne sat at the table across from Devon as she slowly ate her dinner. He had gulped his down so quickly.  Probably so that he could just sit and watch her.  She was wearing nothing but his ring, a black G-string, and her favorite pair of black heels.   He, on the other hand, was fully clothed.  And by the look in his eyes, he was also fully aroused. And she enjoyed every minute of being on display for him. Her fiancée, she thought happily.

When she finished she looked up at him and smiled.

“I’m done,” she said standing.  She picked up her plate and his.  Then she walked over to the counter and put both plates into the sink.  As she walked she could feel the string of her panties rub against her.  Each step making her wetter. She turned around and walked back over to him.  Her eyes were glued to her body.

“Would you like desert,” she asked with a sweet smile as if she wasn’t almost naked.

“Yes,” he said sliding his chair back.  “Sit right here,” he said laying both hands flat against the table top in front of him where his plate had been.

She slid between the table and his chair and sat before him. She placed her hands on the table behind her and leaned back slightly as she placed her feet on each one of his thighs.

“You’ve got to tell me your secret Foxy,” he said lifting one foot.  He removed her shoe and dropped it to the floor beside her chair.  Then he sat the foot back on her thigh.

“Secret,” she said as he repeated the gesture with the other shoe.

“When we first met, you left me breathless. And you have been taking my breath away every day since then,” he said spreading her legs wide.

“Devon,” she gasped as she looked down at him. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he said pulling her to the edge of the table. 

She watched him as he lowered his head to her entrance, pulled her G-string aside, and inhaled leisurely. Then he lifted one finger to her lips and traced them.  She sucked his finger into her mouth and he slowly pulled it out.  He rubbed that finger from her mouth down her neck to circle one of her nipples. Then across her chest to slowly circle the other one.  He slid the finger down her stomach to encounter her folds.  He slowly slid it up and down.  He used the other hand to open her up as he continued to stroke her up and down lightly.

Every time he rubbed across her clitoris, her stomach muscles clenched.

“Baby please,” she begged.

“Please what,” he said as his breath fanned across her clitoris.

“You’re such a freak,” she said laughing.

“Tell me what you want Roxanne,” he said. “Please what?”

“Please eat me,” she said.

“Those,” he said licking her opening lightly. “Are,” he said licking her again. “Not,” with another lick. “The magic words.”

“Please eat your pussy,” she said breathlessly correcting herself.

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, he latched on to her clitoris and sucked on it.

“Aaaah,” she screamed. 

He slowly slid a finger into her opening and she thought she would die from the pleasure of it. 

He began to slide the finger in and out of her in a steady rhythm while he continued the pressure on her clitoris.

With ever stroke of his finger her stomach muscles became tighter and tighter.  She could feel the tingle in her nipples as they got harder and she knew she was close.  She lifted a hand to squeeze her right breast.  She rolled her nipple between thumb and forefinger.

“Devon baby please,” she screamed louder.

He pushed his finger inside her and stopped.  He slowly curled it and hit her g-spot.

“Aaaaaah,” she screamed as she threw her head back as she came.

He released her clitoris with his mouth and slid his finger out of her.  He brushed that finger up her folds to her clitoris.  He rubbed it slowly as he sat back in his chair and watched wave after wave of her orgasm rack her body.

When the last wave washed over her, she looked at him and smiled.

“You’re so beautiful.  And when you come for me, there are no words to describe the sight.  I’m breathless,” he said.  He lifted her hand and kissed his ring. “Desert was tasty. But then, it always is.”

 

Location: John Jacob’s House

John sat at the table with his family eating dinner.  He was happy that he had Pam and Walt in town.  He had missed them so much.  He had also missed Callie. She was a member of his family too.  He had spent so much time around her over the last few years that he missed her presence almost as much as he missed Pam.  He had always wanted a sibling growing up but never got one after his mother died.  The presence of Callie filled that void.  He loved her as much as he would any sister.

“John, how about you take us all to the office tomorrow,” Pam asked.

John wouldn’t mind that.  Actually he would enjoy showing them around his new office.  But then he thought about Neil and Chris.  They would have something to say about Pam being with him.  Their types always did.  He tried not to be insecure about her being with him.  But sometimes he just felt like someone would come in to take her and Walt from him.  He liked them at home so that he knew where they were.

“I am not sure about that.  I have so much work to do putting this schedule together for this new software.  I don’t think I will have the time,” John said.

“Really, John,” Pam said rolling her eyes. “Don’t be such a stick in the mud.  You can spare us a few minutes, I’m sure.”

“Daddy,” Walt said.  “You’re stuck in the mud.” Then he began to laugh hysterically.

“Yeah dad,” Trevor said laughing. “Don’t be stuck in the mud.”

“It’s really nothing to see,” John said. He knew he was being obtuse, but the thought of the Winters cousins judging him over Pam just made his hackles rise. And he definitely didn’t want them flirting with her.  Chris Winters would do it just because he could.  He had noticed the way he was with his secretary Harmony.  John wanted none of that directed at his Pam.  For that reason alone, he didn’t even have a picture of her up in his office.  He had thought to keep her as far away from them as possible.

“We can’t go anyway. We need to unpack and get settled.  Then we need to meet with the sitter for Walt.  Then you promised me you would help me find a dress,” Callie said.

“Callie. Girl. You’re right.  I totally forgot about meeting with the sitter and your clothing ignorance. So I guess that means we can’t go.”

John looked at Callie who gave him a small smile. Calm down, she said with her eyes. He had confessed his issue to her a while back.  She was trying to help him work through them. He knew that there was no way that Pam would put up with him trying to keep her tied to the house.  It was easy before she was fully recovered from her head injury.  When she hated crowds and got easily confused, she didn’t want to go out and about much.  But things were totally different now and he was having to face his demons.

“We can’t go,” Walt said starting to sniffle. “But I want to see daddy’s new job.”

“Don’t cry little man,” Trevor said.  “How about I take you to see my office.”

Walt’s eyes lit up. “Yes.  I can see your job,” he asked.

“Yep.  And I can take you for a ride in the police car.”

“Yay,” Walt screamed.

John felt bad letting his issues affect his boy.  There really was no harm in taking Walt to work with him.

“Wally, how about Trevor brings you by my office when he takes you for that ride.”

“Yay,” Walt screamed again. “Mommy, I get to see two jobs tomorrow,” he said holding up two fingers.

“And what fun that will be,” Pam said.

“I might even take him to meet the kids he will be with tomorrow night for a play date.”

“Oh, you know them,” Callie asked.

“Yes,” Trevor said with a broad smile. “I actually wanted to bring them along with their mother tonight.  We are dating.”

“You’re dating my boss’ daughter,” John asked. “This is the first I have heard of this.  I didn’t even know that you knew her.”  From what he had heard, Lily Winters was a real heroine in all the wrong ways.  It seemed that the worst things always happened to her.  He didn’t know whether it was because she sought it out or whether it was by chance.  Either way, he didn’t necessarily want his son caught up in any drama. 

“I met her weeks ago. And she is really nice.  Really innocent and sweet,” Trevor said with a smile.

John knew that smile.  Trevor probably fathomed he had feelings for the girl.  Probably even thought was he is in love.

“How innocent can she be Trev? She has two kids,” Pamela said with an irritated look.

“Yeah.  And she went through a lot to have those kids.  She had cancer so she had to have them by surrogate.”

“Which means that she can’t have any more. Right,” Pam asked.

“No she can’t.  But she is a great mother to the one’s she has. Her husband died last year so they don’t have a father.”

“And let me guess.  You have gotten it into your head that you can be their daddy.  You are just so much like your father, you know that,” Pam said irritated.

“You say that like it is a bad thing.” Trevor said.

“It’s not.  It takes a special kind of person to love someone else’s  child like their own.  But your father is mature.  He had you already.  You’re still young. You should be able to have children that are biologically yours,” Pam said.

“I don’t care about that mom.”

“Son, you say that now but then what about 10 years from now.  Your outlook might be different,” John said.

“I don’t see women as brood mares and Lily Ashby is a good woman.”

“That may be so but that doesn’t make her good mate material for my son,” Pam said.

Pam was usually very hard on anyone that Trevor dated, but this was one time that John agreed with her.  Lily Winters was crisis central.  His son didn’t need that.

“I have to agree with Pam.”

“You guys haven’t even met her yet and already you are against her,” Trevor said getting upset.

“Just calm down,” Callie said. “I am sure that Lily is a lovely young woman.  And I think that judgment should be reserved until you both get to know her.  I do know a little about her from my friend that lives here.  And she had nothing but good things to say.”

“Callie, you are working my last nerve.  You know that,” Pam said. “You go against me on everything and it is wearing thin.”

“I was just trying to be helpful.”

“Gracias,” Pam said through clenched teeth.

 

 

Location: Colonnade Room

Tucker sat with Harmony having dinner.  She was talking about something but his mind kept wandering to the memories of the love making session they shared in his office this afternoon.   He was having a hard time keeping his eyes above her chest.  They were engaged now so he had the right to ogle her whenever he chose.  But he didn’t want her thinking that he wasn’t interested in her outside of the bedroom.  So with some effort he lifted his eyes back to hers.

“Mm hum,” he said nodding his head in agreement yet not knowing what he was agreeing to.

“I knew you would understand.  My continuing to stay at your mother’s along with my sister will help our relationship so much.  I can see us becoming as close as we were growing up,” she said smiling at him wistfully.

“Huh.  Why would you live at my mother’s house? We have an agreement and an engagement.”

“Mick,” she said with a disappointed look. “I just want to repair my relationship with my sister. Her moving here is my chance. I just think it will be easier this way.  You just said that you understood and wouldn’t give me any flack about it.”

He didn’t remember any such conversation.   Was that what he was agreeing to before?

“I don’t –,” he began but was cut off.

“I am just so proud of her,” Harmony said.  “Going to college and getting a PhD.  Now landing this job at Newman as their lead chemist.  It’s so exciting.  She will be here tomorrow.  Katherine offered for her to stay at her home and Tyra said yes.”

Tucker watched her as she spoke about her sister. He knew that he was being selfish but he couldn’t help but think that he didn’t want to share his songbird with any more people.  There were already the kids and the Winters family.  Now, there was a sister being added to the list.  Plus this job that she took so seriously. He wondered where he would fall on her priority list once the newness of their relationship wore off for her.

“Songbird, it’s nice that she will be staying with Katherine.  But I would rather have you with me. Every night.  In my bed,” he said looking down at her breasts again. He couldn’t help himself.  They just drew him in.

“Hey,” she said lowering her voice to a whisper and laying her hand atop his on the table.

“Yes,” he said as he looked at their hands then back up into her eyes.

 “I need to make things right with my sister,” she began softly as she stared him in the eyes.  “It’s part of my recovery. I know it is not what you want.  But if you make this one sacrifice for me, I promise that you will never live to regret it. I will always consider you and what is best for our relationship and family in any decision I make.”

He heard her voice crack and saw the tears in her eyes.  There was no way he could tell her no.  He leaned over and kissed her softly on the lips.  He broke the kiss then said against her lips.  “If this is what you need then I agree.  I can’t wait to meet Tyra.”

“I love you,” she said.  He could feel her smile on his lips.

“Well, well.  It’s the love birds,” he heard James say standing right in front of their table.

He and harmony both sat up straight and looked at their uninvited guest.  Tucker could only smile when he saw Jill standing next to James.  So he had taken Tucker’s advice to pursue her.  Good for him, Tucker thought.

“You got that right,” Tucker said to James.  “Very much in love.”  Then he looked at Harmony and said, “Songbird, you remember my friend James.”

“Yes,” she said smirking at Jill, who uncharacteristically, had not said a word. “And of course I know his date very well. Good evening James and Jill.”

“Hello Harmony.  Tucker,’ Jill said.

“Would you like to join us,” Harmony asked. 

“Maybe another time.  Tonight is our first date.  And all first dates should be one on one.  That way you get to know each other better.  So,” he said holding his arm out to Jill. “Shall we.”

“Yes.  I think we shall,” she said laughing while wrapping her arm in his.

“Good evening,” James said as he and Jill walked away.

 

Location: Gloworm

Chloe looked at the menu trying to figure out what to order for dinner.  She was still reeling over what happened between her and Billy earlier.  She hated that she had allowed herself to show him the weakness she still had for him. 

“Ugh,” she said aloud.

“Can’t decide on what you want to eat,” she heard a voice say.

 She immediately knew that it was Billy.  She had hoped to avoid him but no such luck. 

“No,” she said.  “Nothing looks appealing.  Maybe I should just leave.”

“Can we talk before you go,” he said trapping her in the booth by sitting down beside her.

“I would love nothing better,” she said sarcastically.  The last thing she wanted was to discuss what happened with him earlier.  She knew that was the only thing he could possibly want to talk about.

“Why did you run away earlier today,” he asked.

“I told you exactly why I left,” she said.

“No, you made an accusation. But you didn’t even give me a chance to defend myself.”

“There is nothing to defend.”

“There is.  For some reason, you think that I was using you today,” he said. “I wasn’t.”

“Sure, you weren’t,” she said.  Chloe wasn’t a fool. Nor did she have any delusions about what had happened between them.  Not in the past.  And definitely, not today.  There was a point in time where she wanted to be wrong about Billy’s intentions with her.  But that time was long past. 

“Vixen,” he said lowering his voice.

“Don’t call me that Billy,” she said getting upset. “You are playing games and I am past it.  Now, if you don’t mind.  Please leave.”

He looked at her for a moment then stood.  He turned and began walking away.  Then he stopped, turned around, and came back.  He looked down at the floor then looked back up into her eyes. 

“I am sorry if I offended you today,” he said in a low tone. “But you don’t know what I feel. Whoever told you that I didn’t love you was lying,” he said.  Then turned and walked away.  

What in the hell, she thought to herself. He knew very well that he was the one who said that he didn’t love her. She didn’t know what game Billy was playing but she was not going to take part. 

 

 

Location:  Olivia Winters Condo

Justin watched as both Neil and Chris hugged Eve.  She was still just as beautiful as ever. Of course, she was supposed to be off limits.  But what Chris and Neil didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them. After they both walked past her to take a seat he turned towards him.

“So I don’t get any kind of greeting Justin,” she said as he approached her.

He stopped in front of her.  If he greeted her the way he wanted, he’s probably end up with two black eyes.  One from her brother and the other from her cousin. So he settled for a hug.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into an embrace.  Against his better judgment, he buried his head into her neck and was met with the intoxicating smell of her skin. It took will power not kiss her neck.  Not to run his tongue over her collarbone to taste her.  He released her before he got himself into more trouble.

“Satisfied,” he said releasing her with a smile.

“Hardly,” she said turning and walking away. His eyes went to her butt as he followed her to where the others were sitting.

He sat down opposite her so that he could enjoy the view. He hadn’t seen one this nice since he left Donna in LA.  

“I was just telling Liv about this little boy I saw at the airport.  He looked so much like our family.  I actually questioned this lady about his father.”

“I am sure she didn’t suspect you at all,” Justin said laughing.  Eve was always very smart and very smooth. She would entrap a person before they knew what was happening.

“She did answer all my questions.  So my guess is no,” she said crossing her legs and giving him a sinful smile.

How was he going to stay away from this woman, Justin thought.  She was single and so was he.  Why should he, a little voice said in his head.  Then he looked over and Chris and Neil and was reminded.  Family drama.

“So Sis, who did you think was the culprit,” Chris asked.

“I immediately ruled Neil out.  The boy was around 4 or 5 years old.  He would never cross Dru that way.  If he had then she would know it.  And if she knew it, he wouldn’t be sitting here.”

They all laughed because they all knew that to be true.

“Then I thought maybe Malcolm but then he was out of country and falling in love with Sophia.  Although he wasn’t scared of her, he is a one woman man.  Not at all a cheater.  So that left you big brother.”

“Oh, So I am a cheater,” Chris said laughing. Not upset by what he perceived as an accusation.

“Not a cheater. But just careless.   Need I bring up the several paternity cases that-“

“No need,” Chris said interrupting her. “But let me point out for the record that each of those came back negative the way I told you they would.”

“Really Chris,” Olivia said astonished. “What kind of women have you been seeing?  No wonder you are still single.”

“The pretty kind with no morals obviously,” Neil said.

“Well I think that run is over,” Justin said laughing. “He has a date with nanny whose employer described her as sweet and nothing more.  We all know the implications.  And to Chris’ credit, he is still going to take her out.”

“Well good for you. My brother has finally grown,” Eve said. “I can’t wait to see how long this lasts.”

 

Location: Colonnade Room

Angelina sat with Abby having dinner.  This was her first night away from Kevin since they got back into town.  She had read in Vogue that in order for marriages to survive, each spouse needed their own friends and hobbies.  So although, she missed him when he wasn’t around, she would take some space and give him some space for them to work out.  She also decided that she would not be insecure about Chloe.  If her Kevie wanted another woman she would walk away with head high. No games and no begging unless absolutely necessary. 

“Have you heard from Devon today,” Abby asked her.

“I hear from Devon every day.  He always has some song he wants to run by me.  Genius.”

“Yeah,” Abby said sadly.

“Okay Abs.  Everyone with eyes can see that you have the hots for Devon.”

“Doesn’t everyone have the hots for Devon when Devon is just so hot,” Abby said wistfully. “But he is stuck on that Mary Sue.  Okay. I admit it.  She is pretty and all.  But she has zero personality.  Absolutely none to speak of. He and I would be so much better together.”

“Of course you would.  Have you told him how you feel?  Maybe he doesn’t know.  You have to put yourself in play.”

“If I tell him outright then he might feel the need to pull back from me.  Maybe even buy me out of the record company to get rid of me,” Abby said sadly.

“I am still trying to figure out why he didn’t just let his family bank roll him.  By the way, there is Tucker McCall over there canoodling with some woman.  Does he prefer black women or something?  Your poor mother never stood a chance.” 

Abby looked around and spotted the pair.

“That is Devon’s mother.  And Tucker likes all kinds of women.  He’s a man-hoe.  I don’t know why my mother ever married him.  Poor Harmony will probably end back on drugs dealing with him.  She seems a nice woman.  She can do better.”

“I don’t see how a poor former crack head can do better than Tucker McCall, the multibillionaire.”

“Come on Ange.  You know that you’re not worthy of the label star unless you have been to rehab a few times.  That drug habit is nothing.  Besides, she is pretty.  And looks young although I know she has to be in her forties.  Her hair is so pret-,” Abby said cutting herself off.

“What is it,” Angelina said.

“I have the idea to trump all ideas.  Brace yourself. I can hire Harmony to be the spokes model for this new line.”

It sounded good out in the air, but Angelina wasn’t so sure that it would work. Ashley was Tucker’s ex-wife and these were her products.  And from the looks of it, Harmony and Tucker were seeing each other. Old squeeze working with new squeeze could be world war three.

“Abs, I am not sure your mom would want that.   Working with Tucker’s new old lover could be a disaster.”

“Better her work with Harmony than me being forced to work with Mary Sue. My mom has moved on to Paul while I still love Devon.  It would be cruel to force me.”

“Well it won’t hurt to ask then.  I say go for it.”

“I am going over.  Wish me luck.”

 

 

Location: Roxy’s Apartment

Devon carried Roxy to the bedroom and lay her down in the bed.  He watched her as he took off his clothes piece by piece. She was so beautiful.  He opened up the top drawer of the night stand and pulled out a condom.

“Baby, I take birth control. We don’t need those anymore.  We’re engaged now,” she said.

His heart skipped a beat at the thought of being inside Roxy without any barriers between them. 

“Are you sure,” he said putting the condom back in the drawer.

“Yes, I am sure,” she said smiling.

He climbed on the bed to kneel between her legs.  He hooked his finger around her panties and pulled them off. He threw them on the floor.

He lay down and kissed her deeply on the lips.  She opened her mouth and he slowly pushed his tongue inside to slide against her own. He broke the kiss and trailed his mouth over her cheek to her ear.  He licked the lobe and she shuddered.

“Mmm,” she moaned lifting her legs and wrapping them around Devon’s waist.

Devon loved the way she wrapped her body around his. It had been weeks since they had made love.  He wanted to dive into her but felt the need to take it slow. To take his time loving her.  They had all night. But the possessive part of him just wouldn’t allow it.

He rose up and looked into her eyes. “I missed you,” he said.

“I missed you too,” she said in a husky voice that made his stomach muscles clench.

“Really,” he asked dipping his head and licking his tongue leisurely around her nipple.

“Yes baby,” she moaned as she wrapped one arm around his neck and cradled his head in one of her hands. The feather light touch at the nape of his neck sent a shockwave down his spine.

“I am not sure if I believe that,” he said gently sucking her nipple into his mouth.

“Ooooh,” she moaned. “Why not?”

He released her nipple and allowed his breath to fan across it as he said, “Because you were so hard and aloof with me.  You were trying to walk away.”

He felt her shudder and again rose up on his arms to look down her body then back up into her face.  She was perfection, he thought.  She had the perfect body to go along with the perfect face. Her flawless brown skin was the perfect complement to them both.  He loved her skin. It was soft and had a natural fragrance that called to his senses. 

“I’m sorry,” she said while trailing her hand down his spine to grip his butt.

He smiled at her.  In his opinion, Roxy had nothing to be sorry about.

“Baby,” he said reaching one hand down between their bodies and placed himself at her entrance.   “Don’t be sorry.  You were right.”

“I was right,” she smirked skeptically.

He chuckled at her.  Was he that bad, he thought?  Did he never admit to being wrong?  He took a mental note to work on that.  She deserved a fair minded husband.

“Uh hum,” he said rubbing himself against her wet opening and coating himself in her juices as he did so.  “You were right. Along with being very mean to me.”

“I’m so,” she began but he cut her off by kissing her deeply.  He plunged his tongue into her mouth and she rubbed hers against his repeatedly.

He broke the kiss and raised his head.  He looked her in the eyes again.

“Don’t apologize,” he whispered. “Besides, I plan on punishing you good for that tonight.”

“Devon,” she gasped as he began to slowly push into her.  She seemed hotter and wetter than usual. He didn’t know whether it was that they weren’t using a condom, that they were now engaged, or a combination of both. Either way, he savored it.  Savored the feel of her wrapped around him.  When he was all the way inside, he rotated his hips and stopped.

“Aaaah,” she screamed.

He kissed her softly on the lips once then leaned down to whisper in her ear.

“You feel that baby?” 

“Yes,” she whimpered.

“It’s a perfect fit. We were made for each other,” he said pulling out of her slowly then thrusting back into her with force.

“Aahh,” she screamed softly.

“This is mine,” he said pulling out of her slower and thrusting back in harder than before.  “Tell me it’s mine baby,” he growled.

“It’s yours,” she moaned.

Still buried deep in her, he lifted both her legs and draped them over the crook of his arms.

“That’s right. It is mine,” he said as he found an unusual rhythm of entering her hard and pulling out slowly.

He repeated the motion over and over again.  She screamed after each thrust as her inner walls pulsed around him.

“Baby,” she said after about 5 minutes. “Faster. I am about to come.”

He stopped moving.  He wasn’t ready to come yet and he wanted them to come together tonight.

“Not yet baby,” he said then kissed her slowly. “Wait for me.”

“I’ll try,” she said breathlessly. “But I make no promises.”

He rolled them over so that she was sitting on top as he reclined on the pillows. He lifted her legs at the bend of the knee so that he held one in each hand.

“Baby,” she squealed as she balanced herself by leaning back and placing her hands on his thighs. “I’m going to fall.”

“I got you Foxy. I would never let you fall,” he said as he began to push up into her repeatedly. 

“Baby,” she said throwing her head back.  He breast bounced with each thrust and her skin was slick with sweat. The visual accompanied with her squeezing him tightly, quickly brought him to the brink.

“Foxy,” he growled. “Are you ready to come with me? Hmm. You ready?”

“Yes baby. Please. Yes.”

“Come on then,” he said as he hardened his thrust going deeper than before.

“I’m coming,” she screamed.

“That’s right,” he said continuing to pound her as he felt her clamp down tightly around him. “Come the way a sweet little fiancée should.”

The feel of her pulsating around him pushed him into his own orgasm.

He growled stiffening and arching his back as he came.

When they both were finished shuddering, she leaned down and brushed her lips gently against his.

“I love you,” she said against his lips.

“Not nearly as much as I love you,” he said releasing her legs then wrapping his arms around her tightly. He would gladly die for this woman, he thought.

 

Location: Colonnade Room

Abby walked over to the table with Tucker and Harmony and sat down.

“Hello,” she said.

“Hi Abby,” Harmony said smiling.

“Abby,” Tucker said.

“I know this is a little rude of me to just barge in but I had the best idea of my life.”

“I thought that was your reality show The Naked Heiress,” Tucker said rudely.  He obviously had not forgiven her for bad mouthing him to Harmony. 

“Mick,” Harmony said. “Be nice.”

“I understand Tucker’s issue with me.  He is allowed to have it because my issue with him is still firmly in place.  However, I have a proposition for you,” she said to Harmony.  Then she looked at Tucker who was fuming. “Tucker if you don’t mind.  Will you give us a moment to speak in private?”

“So you can badmouth me to my fiancée.  I don’t think so.”

Fiancée, Abby thought. Wow.  Tucker had moved on quickly.  It made her wonder again if these two weren’t having an affair behind her mother’s back. But she couldn’t get derailed with that kind of knowledge.

“No.  I actually want to offer her a job.  As the spokes model for Jabot.”

“Me?  A spokes model,” Harmony said flattered.

“Yes. You would be perfect.  It is organic hair products for AA women who do not have chemically straightened hair.  It’s a new line.”

Harmony looked at Tucker who Abby saw was not at all happy with this job offer. She reached out her hand to cover his that lay on the table. 

“What does being a spokes model entail,” Harmony asked looking away from Tucker and back at her.

“It involves doing commercials for TV and Radio.  Some print ads. And lots of travel to promote the line. You would be all over the place,” Abby said laying out her key selling points of the job.

Harmony looked back at Tucker again.  He wore the most pronounced hangdog expression that Abby had ever seen.  Harmony smiled at him reassuringly then spoke without looking back at her.

“Abby. I am sorry.  I will have to turn down your job offer.”

Tucker breathed audibly then smiled at Harmony in return.

Abby couldn’t believe what was happening.  Was Harmony really turning down a wonderful job because of Tucker? When did he begin to care what his wife did?  He never cared that her mom worked or even that she traveled a lot for work.  Now, all of a sudden he had an issue with a working spouse.  And to top it off, his little 1950’s throwback attitude was interfering with her plans. She felt herself getting angry but didn’t want to show her worst side to Harmony. So she remained calm with some effort.

“May I ask why,” she said sweetly.

“Because travelling would not be good for my family,” Harmony answered still looking into Tucker’s eyes. 

Tucker was staring back at her with an intense look.  Abby could feel the heat between them begin to rise and became a little embarrassed. She felt herself blush. She decided to give them some privacy.

“Uhm, I think I will let you think this over Harmony,” she said standing and backing away. “I will call you tomorrow after you have had time to think about it.”

 

Episode 21 by Diva58

 

Episode 21

Time: Next day of last Episode, Morning

Location: WinterCorp

Neil knocked on John’s door and it pushed opened.  He walked in and looked around wondering if John had made it in yet.  John was usually early but he knew that his family came in town yesterday so he might not be in yet.  He saw no signs that he was there so he turned to walk out.  As he did so, he saw a picture of a little boy on his desk.  He picked it up and looked at it.  The boy was handsome.  But he was clearly not biologically John’s son.  Neil found an entirely new respect for his system architect.  There were some people in the world who didn’t want to raise another person’s child. But Neil knew that biology didn’t matter.  The love he had for Lily and Devon was equal to that he had for Moses.  This kid actually looked like Moses. He guessed it was true what they say.  There were only a certain number of faces in the world.  Neil briefly scanned the room for a picture of John’s fiancée.  He didn’t see one.

“May I help you,” he heard John ask in a harsh tone.

Neil placed the photo on the desk and turn towards John. 

“Yes, I was wondering if you had finished the schedule and requirements for this new software,” Neil said casually.  He chose to ignore his employees tone.

“I will have it completed by this afternoon.”

“Great.  We are assigning it a budget and we need that to do it.  I would like you to look it over when it is complete.  Just to make sure it is doable.”

“No problem.  Now if you don’t mind.  I would like to get to work so I can have it ready for you,” John said walking around his desk.

Neil was puzzled as to why John seemed upset.  Some bosses would probably upbraid him for insubordination.  But that wasn’t Neil’s style. He understood that he should be afforded a certain respect from his employees.  But he didn’t want them afraid of him.  Fear stifled creativity. He would much rather they respect him because they liked working for him.  So he drew upon the patience that fatherhood had taught him and smiled. 

“So John,” Neil said.  “I know that your fiancée and son made it in yesterday.  Are they settling in?”

“Yes,” John said not even looking at him.

“Good. Good.  If you, or they, need anything to help with the transition, just let me know.  For example, if your fiancée needs a domestic or personal shopper, I would be more than willing to provide -”

“I am more than capable of providing anything that my family needs,” John said cutting him off.

“I am aware of that.  No disrespect was intended.  I just wanted you to understand that you are valued here. That’s all.”

“Thank you,” John said in a dismissive tone.

Odd, Neil thought to himself as he turned and headed towards the door.   He refused to sink to the petty level of throwing his position in John’s face. 

“I look forward to seeing your work,” Neil said politely walking out the door.

 

Location: John Jacobs House

“Rise and shine,” Callie heard as Pam’s words woke her up. 

“Pamela, what time is it,” she asked.  Pam knew that she was not a morning person.  And took much delight in waking her up way before she was ready to rise.

“Time for us to tackle the day. We have several items on the agenda,” Pam said opening the curtains covering her window. “First and foremost, we need to finish unpacking the kitchen. Then we need to go shopping for a dress for you to wear to this gala.”

“Oh yeah, shopping,” Callie said unenthusiastically.

“Yes, shopping.  It’s imperative that you look your best. First impressions are lasting impressions.  And this will be our first social outing in Genoa City.  I refuse to let you look like some peasant wall flower.”

“Peasant wall flower,” Callie said laughing.  She knew that her style was totally different from Pam’s.  She chose long and flowy, while Pam usually wore sleek and fitted. She chose to wear her hair curly while Pam straightened hers. Pam was platform stilettoes while she was classic flats. Her clothes were modern, just not couture, which Pam seemed to love.  Pam often reminded her of some top model who still dressed for the catwalk although she was many years past it. 

“Yes.  New City.  New Callie. We will reinvent you,” Pam said with a gleam in her eyes.

“This is punishment for not agreeing with you last night, isn’t it,” she asked laughing.

“However did you know,” Pam drawled.  “Now get up. Get dressed. John is already gone.  And Trev has picked up Walter.  So it’s just us for the rest of the day,” Pam said with an evil smile.

Callie laughed.  This was definitely Pam’s way of punishing her.  Pam knew that the last thing she wanted was to reinvent herself in any way.  She tried to come up with excuses for why she didn’t have the time then she remembered.

“I have date.”

“A date,” Pam questioned as if she didn’t believe her.

“Yes.  With Chris.  The guy that you forced upon me for this gala.  He thought it would be better if we met beforehand to alleviate some of the awkwardness.”

“A gentleman. I like it,” Pam said.

“You don’t even know him,” Callie reminded her.

“A gentleman. Smart. Rich. Handsome.  Trust me.  He is likable.”

“How do you know he is handsome,” Callie said jokingly. “You have never seen him.”

“I heard his voice. Trust me. He is fine. Voices never lie. Now, get up.  We will go shopping after your date,” Pam said walking out of the room.

 

Location:  Olivia Winters Condo

Olivia hung up the phone from having her conversation with Nate feeling very antsy.

“What’s wrong Liv,” Eve asked.

“Nate says that the committee will have an inquisition this afternoon.  A decision will be made on whether he is responsible for Rickey William’s death.”

“Well then.  It seems that I came right on time.”

“Yes it does,” Olivia said.  Most of the time in these situations, they have already come to a conclusion and want to ask questions.  It’s really just a formality.

“Don’t worry. Between myself and Justin being present, there is no way that Nathan won’t be dealt with fairly.”

“I hope that you’re right.”

“I am right,” Pam said.

 

Location:  Tamara Davis’ Apartment

Tamara was getting ready for work and thinking about ways to casually bring up past relationships with Nate so that she could tell him about her dating Keemo.  She stood looking at herself in the mirror.  How could you let this happen, she asked the woman in the mirror?  It was a question that she had asked herself at least a thousand times since the baby incident. She should have been more responsible. Or even better, she should have saved herself for marriage the way she was taught in Sunday school. Well, she had been thoroughly punished by God for her sins. That was for sure. But for the first time since her bad choices, things were finally looking up.  She had the job that she wanted.  And the man that should have always been hers.  Nathan.

As if her thoughts had conjured him up, her phone rang and it was him.

“Nathan,” she said with a smile as she answered the phone.

“Morning beautiful,” he said in a deep voice that made her heart flutter.

“Good morning. How did you sleep last night,” she asked.

“Not good.  I missed you,” he said.

“Um hmm.  I bet you did,” she said lowering her voice to sexy whisper.

“Well yeah.  There is that,” he said laughing softly. “But, it’s more than that.  I like having you with me. Holding you through the night. The way you feel in my arms. Your head on my chest. Your heart beating next to mine. Makes it difficult to let you out of bed in the morning.”

“Nathan,” she sighed.  This man was a dream come true. And he knew exactly what to say to get to her. She found it amazing that he had gone this long unattached.  Without some woman scooping him up.

“I even missed your snoring,” he said.

“I do not snore.”

“You do.  But that’s okay.  Because I love it too. I love everything about you.”

“I love you too,” she said.  Nathan may love her now.   But she wondered if he would love her when he found out about her and Keemo.

“I don’t like spending the night away from you.  I think it’s time that we are together every night,” he said thoughtfully.

“I am not shacking up with you Nathan,” she said.

“Who said anything about shacking up? But that is not why I called you anyway. There is a hearing today at the hospital at 2.  The committee will make a decision one way or the other.”

“Don’t worry.  You didn’t do anything wrong.  And I am sure that you will be reinstated at the end of this.”

“You think so,” he asked skeptically.

“I know so. You are a great doctor. Everyone at that hospital knows that.  And I will be right there by your side when you get the good news.”

“Thank you.”

“You can thank me by taking me out tonight to celebrate.”

“It’s a plan,” he said.  She could hear his smile in his voice.

 

Location: Keemo Abbot’s Apartment in Korea

Keemo lay in bed thinking about taking his dad up on his offer to take over Jabot’s home office in Genoa City.  His sister Mai was in the states and he missed her.  Moving there would afford him the opportunity to see her more.  Something he always vowed that he would do but never seemed to make the time. 

Keemo found himself drawn out of bed towards the computer and the pictures of Tammy again.  She hadn’t responded to his e-mail and that bothered him.  He decided to do a little investigation on her.  He logged into facebook and did a search on her name.  He found the Tamara Davis he was looking for by her picture on the third page of the list. 

It seems that she was now also back in Genoa City and working at Restless Style for Billy.  As he looked over the page and pictures, he saw no evidence that she was in a relationship of any kind.  Maybe he still had a chance with her, he thought.  He didn’t even realize that he wanted one until just now.  He knew he had regrets, but he thought that he had made peace with not being with her. But from the way he chest tightened from the knowledge of her single status, it was apparent that he had not.

And then there was the added bonus of being around his other family.  Not just his dad and brother, but his aunts and cousins also.  So, that was it.  He would move to Genoa City. He thought about calling his dad and telling him the good news but thought it would be a better as a surprise.  He would move his second in command up to lead the office tomorrow.  And head out as soon as possible.

Location:  Genoa City Airport

Harmony sat in the limousine being held in Tucker’s embrace.  He was trying his best to entice her into a sexual scenario but she was just not in the mood.  They were at the airport to pick up Tyra and take her back to Katherine’s.  And Harmony was nervous about their meeting for the first time in years.  Even if she were able to concentrate on what he was doing to her body, they didn’t have the time.  Her flight was scheduled to land at that moment.

“Mick,” she said resting both her hands against his chest. “We do not have time.”

“Trust me.  These domestic flights at this airport are never on time,” he said lowering his head and kissing her again.  Before he could deepen it, she broke the kiss and looked into his eyes.

“Even if that were true, which I am not sure I believe, I am still too worried to concentrate on sex.”

“Making love,” he corrected. “But damn, I must not be doing something right,” he said lowering his head to kiss her neck.  He started right under her ear with slow kisses and grazed his lips down her neck to stop in front right at the base where her pulse beat. She felt herself moisten despite the distraction.

She rubbed her hands from his chest to his shoulders then around his neck to tangle her fingers in the hair at the nape of his neck.

“Baby,” she moaned as he raised one hand to cup her breast through her blouse.

“Mmm, I must be doing it right afterall,” he said in a husky voice before sucking on the sensitive area in the front of her neck.

“Yeeees,” she said closing her eyes. Tucker was definitely doing it right. She was getting wetter by the second.

“I see.  Or should I say I feel,” he said into her neck as he rubbed his thumb across her nipple lightly.   “This,” he said rubbing nipple between thumb and forefinger, “Is almost as hard as I am.”

She laughed in spite of herself. No matter how distracted she was, Tucker had managed to arouse her with very little effort.

“Uh hum,” he said trailing his mouth from the front of her neck back to hover above her ear. He inner walls clenched at the feeling.

“I know you are not wearing any panties,” he whispered slowly into her ear while continuing to rub her nipple. “So, all you have to do is slide your skirt up and get on top of me. I promise to hit the right spot. To make you come quickly.  And I know when you do, the feel of you tightening around me will make me come too. It will take less than 5 minutes for me to get you there.”

She could feel her stomach muscles tightening in preparation for the orgasm to come. At that moment she was sure that if he tried, Tucker could talk her into one.  She took a mental note to tell him to try that one day.  But right now, she still didn’t think they had the time although she wanted him badly. 

He lifted his head and looked her in the eyes as he continued to rub her nipple. 

“Make love to me,” he said in a coaxing voice.

“Tyra will be calling any minute.  I can’t.”  Harmony just wanted to put her sister first for once.  She had been selfish for most of Tyra’s life.  Not really giving thought to anything but her own feelings.  She didn’t want to be that person anymore.

“I’m hard.  You’re wet. So what are you going to do about it…….Candy Cane,” he said slowly with a wild gleam in his eyes.

Harmony caught her breath at the use of that name from Tucker. Him calling her Candy was one thing.  But Candy Cane was something else altogether.  She knew exactly what he was trying to do.  He was reminding her of the days when she would have given anything to be the woman that he had in the back of his car or in his hotel room having sex.  Of how she had all but embarrassed herself by coming close to begging him to be that woman. Of how she would have not cared about anything but the possibility of being with him. How she had chased him. How he had been the most important person in her life even when she wasn’t the most important to him.  Surprise, surprise, she thought to herself. What Olivia and Chris had told her was true. Tucker was just as ruthless in his personal life as he was in business and every bit the control freak.  It was obvious that he didn’t like coming second to her sister and being denied because of it.  She was going to have to be a little ruthless too if she hoped to survive in this relationship.

She leaned in and kissed him on the lips. She pulled away slightly so that her breath would fan across his lips when she spoke.

“Do you want to know what Candy Cane would do or what Mrs. Tucker McCall will do?”

“They are one and the same aren’t they,” he said then ran the tip of his tongue across her lower lip.

“No. Two different women. Candy Cane would probably screw you senseless because she wants you more than anything in this world, get caught in the act by her sister, feel like total crap because of it, then go and get high.  Mrs. Tucker McCall would spend the next 5 minutes explaining that while being your little sex kitten is one of her main priorities in life, she also has other responsibilities that may sometimes trump her sex kitten duties. Then put you in the dog house for a few days. I thank my God every day that I am no longer Candy Cane.  And you had better thank yours that I am not yet Mrs. Tucker McCall.”

“Properly chastised,” Tucker said.

She leaned in and kissed Tucker deeply.  She sucked his tongue into her mouth and slid hers against his. She broke the kiss and leaned back and looked into his eyes.

“So, we can pick my sister up and take her to your mother’s home. Get her settled. Then go to my bedroom and finish what we started. I am not expected at work until lunchtime,” she said smiling into his eyes.

“I like this plan,” Tucker said.  “Let’s get out and wait for her at the baggage claim.”

“I figured you would suggest that,” she said on a laugh. “Also, let me text Devon and tell him to meet us at Katherine’s.  He will be so surprised and excited to see Tyra.”

 

Location:  Roxanne Davis’ Apartment

Devon stood at the edge of the bed holding the breakfast tray.  He set it down on the night stand and sat on the bed beside a sleeping Roxy.  She looked how he felt.  Peaceful and happy. It had been a long time coming for them.  Now that they were finally engaged, he wondered why he wanted to wait. He was ready to say vows today.  In his heart, they had been said ages ago. 

He raised his hand slowly and cupped Roxanne’s cheek.  He rubbed his thumb across her full soft lips.  Although the pressure was light, it was enough to wake her up. She opened her eyes and smiled at him.  His breath caught at the sight.

“Good morning,” she said.

“Morning my beautiful fiancée,” he said. “I made you breakfast.”

“Thank you baby,” she said sitting up.

He picked up the tray and placed it in her lap.  He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips.

“Mmm,” he moaned.  “I forgot just how sweet you taste after just waking up in the morning.”

“Oh stop,” she said with a smile while pushing him away. “You are such a flatterer.”

“It’s true.  So, how do you want to tell our families about the engagement?  Should we do it together?”

“We can tell your family together if you like.  But I think I should tell my dad alone,” she said with a worried look.

Devon didn’t like her being worried about anything. He used his thumb to massage the furrow that had appeared between her brows. 

“Don’t worry.  I know that your dad is not sold on me.  I will do everything in my power to ensure that he understands how much I love you and that I will never hurt you again,” Devon said.

“I really regret telling him about the whole Tyra situation. I should-“

“Hey, we’re past it so no regrets okay.  Especially not on your part. You have always been perfect.  I am the screw up here,” he said.  He stopped rubbing her face and moved that hand to hold hers.  He lifted it to his lips and kissed it.

Devon knew that his actions had consequences.  He was prepared to deal with it.  Roxy’s dad had gone from being his biggest supporter to hating his guts.  And he had good reason. No man should like a guy that had hurt his daughter.  He would just have to rebuild Mr. Davis’ respect and trust.  He was up for it.

“You’re right. No regrets,” she said.  “But I do wish my mother was alive to help me with the wedding.”

“I get it. I miss Dru every day. And I know how Lily wished for Dru when she was sick and trying to have the twins.  But you know what?”

“What,” she said pouting.

“I have been blessed with a second chance with my mom.  This means that you have been blessed with a second chance at having a mother-in-law.  And I know that Harmony would love a chance to help you with the wedding. All you have to do is say the word.”

“You think so,” Roxy said excitedly.

“I know so.  Unlike your dad, she likes her future in law,” he said laughing.  “Let me call her now and tell her that I have news.”

He picked up his phone and noticed he had a text.  It was from his mom. 

“Well.  It seems my mom is reading my mind.  She just asked me to meet her at my grandmother’s house this morning.  She has a surprise for me.  I wonder what that could be?”

“Anna,” Roxy said.

“Maybe.  But whatever it is.  I won’t be the only one surprised. Will you come with me so that we can give her the news together?”

“Yes.  I am so excited,” Roxy said.

“Me too Foxy.”

 

Location:  Newman Enterprises

Adam walked onto the elevator to find Nick alone. 

“So big brother.  Today is the day huh.”

“Yes.  A new era at Newman Enterprises.  I am still wondering where you got this idea,” Nick said.

Adam was not surprised to hear Nick question his genius on the new line.  Neither Nick nor Victoria ever wanted to admit that he was smarter than them and a better businessman as well.

“My brain, Nicholas.  Now if only you could get the Wizard of Oz to grant you one too.  We might get more done around here.”

“Just so you know Adam.  I was getting things done around here when you were still bailing hay on the farm.”

“Somehow, I doubt that. Have you heard from Tyra Hamilton yet?”

“No.  But she is due to arrive right this minute.  I expect a call soon.”

“Now why is that?  Why would she be calling you as soon as she touches down?”

“Maybe because I have been speaking with her over the last few days.  Served as her point of contact within the company.”

Adam was surprised to hear this. He had no clue that Nick was communicating with Tyra.  He felt like Nick was trying to score points with their dad or at the very least steal his glory for the idea.

“I am sure daddy dearest will be so proud of you for making sure things fall into place.”

Nick smiled broadly. It was a smile that left words unsaid.

“What,” Adam asked.

“If you think that I am trying to score points with dad, you don’t know me very well.  The daddy scorecard tally is your thing.  Not mine.”

“Then what is your thing,” Adam asked as the elevator stopped.

“Beautiful, intelligent women,” Nick said as he walked out the elevator when the doors opened.

 

Location: WinterCorp

Eve strolled leisurely down the halls of WinterCorp checking the place out.  She was proud of Neil and Chris for making their dreams come true.  When they were kids, they spoke about being rich like Howard Hughes.  Being younger than them, she didn’t know or care who Howard Hughes was.  All she wanted to do was play with her dolls. She could never get either one of them to play with her. But Malcolm always did.  Not that he didn’t want to be rich.   He did.  But it was a different kind of rich.  He wanted to be Joe Theismann. 

“Hey there,” Eve heard Justin say behind her.

“Justin.  Good morning,” she said turning around.

“Are you looking for Chris or Neil,” he said in his signature deep voice.  That voice had always made Eve’s acutely aware of his masculinity.

“No.  I was just looking around.  But I did have intention of seeking you out. I want to discuss something with you.”

“Well, I can’t wait to hear what this is about.  Just step into my office,” he said opening a door. “After you,” he said stepping back so that she could pass.

She walked into a small office with a desk.

“This way,” he said passing through that office into a much larger one.

“Have a seat,” he said. “Would you like something to eat or drink?”

She sat down on a couch and said, “No.  I am staying with Olivia remember.  You know how she is about breakfast.”

“Yes I know. Must be the doctor in her,” she said watching him lean against his desk and cross arms over his chest.  And what a chest it was.  Justin had always been gorgeous.  And the years had been more than kind to him.

“Probably,” he said chuckling.  “So what do you need to discuss with me?”

“Nathan.  The hearing is this afternoon and I wanted to make sure that you were there with me,” She said then grinned.  “As my backup.”

“Second chair,” he asked.

“Yes,” she said knowing he would object.

“Oh no, Ms. Eve Winters, Esquire. You know that I am lead counsel or not at all,” he said looking her in the eyes.

She stood and walked over to stand less than a foot in front of him.

“I thought for once, counselor, that you would put your ego to the side.  Especially being that my boobala’s career is on the line,” she said crossing her arms to match his pose.

 

“Not even for Nathan would I sit second chair.  Especially since there is no real reason that I can’t be first,” Justin said looking down at her cleavage then back up to her face.  He couldn’t help himself.  He just had to take a peak.  Eve Winters was far too enticing for her own good.

“I see you are still very arrogant,” she said with nostrils flaring.

“And I see you are still very beautiful,” he said uncrossing his arms then grabbing both her arms to uncross hers.  He couldn’t concentrate on the argument with all that cleavage showing.  Part of him thought that she knew that.

“Come on Justin.  Just this once,” she whined.

“And still very persistent,” he said. For some reason, Eve had been trying to get him to be her second chair for as long as they had known each other.  It was a running joke between them.  Part of their little rivalry.

“Of course.  That’s how I win. Now,” she said grabbing his hand and holding it with both of her close to her chest. “Nate needs us.”

Justin looked at his hand in hers held between her breast and his stomach muscles clenched.  It would be easy for him to slide his hand to either the left or the right so that he could feel the firmness of one of her breast filling his hand.  So he could rub his thumb across what he just knew were some of the ripest nipples God ever created.  But Neil and Chris had made their opinions known.

He sighed audibly.  It was good thing that she wasn’t staying indefinitely.

“Co-counsel. And nothing less,” he whispered looking into her eyes.

“Fine.  But one of these days you will bow to my supremacy and consent to be beneath me,” she said giving him a seductive smile.  His hand was still held in hers and nestled between her luscious breasts. 

Her words sent his mind racing. An image of him lying propped on the pillows in the bedroom of his suite being fully imbedded inside Eve fully naked on top.   He closed his eyes to the image in hopes that she wouldn’t see it too.

After a few seconds he opened them to find Chris standing behind her with deadly scowl on his face.

 

Location: John Jacobs House

Pam was currently putting away plates in the kitchen. She was thinking about why John seemed not to want her to come by his office.  When she was stick feeling the aftershocks from her accident.  She didn’t want to go much of anywhere. But now that she was feeling better and wanted to get out, John seemed to want her to stay at home constantly.  Had he always been this way and she hadn’t noticed it.  That was possible.  She had always taken his concern for her as just that.  Concern. But now, it seemed more like control. It had even gotten so bad that he was letting it effect the time he spent with Walt.  Well, she was not going to allow it.  No man was going to keep her tucked away at the house unable to meet any new people or make any friends. She fully intended to take advantage of this new city and society. 

“Callie, while you are lunching it up with Mr. Rich and Fine, I think I will pay John a visit at Bell.  Surprise him with some lunch.”

“Pam, I don’t think that is a good idea.  He said he was going to be way too busy for that.”

“Well the way I see it is that a man is never too busy for a lunch break with his woman. Okay.”

“I don’t know-“

“Besides, Trev and Walt will be there.  So why not me?”

“Well just promise me that you will call him first.”

“Promise you. Psshh.  You ain’t my momma.”

Callie laughed the way she always did when Pam got colorful.

“Okay Pam.  But listen.  About this shopping trip.  We need to bound it.  No more than 2 hours spent in the store.  And no more than two formal dresses and two other outfits for me.”

“Deal,” Pam said.  “However, I get to choose it all.”

“But that doesn’t mean I have to wear it.”

 

Location:  Lily Winters House

Trevor walked into Lily’s house as she came running from the kitchen. 

“Hey there,” she said breathlessly.  And the sound went straight to his loins. 

“Hey,” he said staring at her.  He couldn’t take his eyes away.  Then he felt movement against his leg and remembered Wally.

“Lily. I want to introduce you to my little brother.  Master Neil Walter Jacobs.”

Lily kneeled down in front of him and shook his hand.

“Hello Master Neil Walter.  That is a nice name. It’s my father’s name and grandfather’s name all rolled into one.”

“Thank you,” Wally said.

“You’re welcome.  My name is Lily.”

“Like the flower,” Wally asked.

“Yes.  Just like the flower.”

“But you’re not purple,” he said giggling.

Lily gave her musical laugh that Trevor had come to crave hearing so much.

“No.  Definitely not purple,” she said standing up but still looking at Wally.  “I made Chocolate chip pancakes just for you.”

“Wow.  Trev.  Chocolate chip pancakes just for me.  That’s Awesome.”

“Yeah.  And so is the chef,” Trevor said.  He leaned in and kissed Lily slowly on the lips.  She was just so perfect. So sweet.  Regardless of what his parents thought, he felt like she was the best thing that ever happened to him.  And so were Charlie and Maddie.

“Oooo,” he heard Wally say.  He broke the kiss and looked down at his brother.

“What,” Trevor asked him.

“Kissing gives you cooties.  But not if it is your girlfriend.  Is Lily your girlfriend?”

“I hope so.  Are you Lily,” he asked.  They hadn’t officially talked about it but he assumed she knew that their relationship was exclusive.

“Yes.  Now let me get Charlie and Maddie so we can eat,” she said walking away.

Trevor’s eyes went directly to her butt. One that he wanted to see unclothed very badly.  With Lily acting this way, it was hard to deny himself. 

 

Location: WinterCorp

 

Chris walked in Justin’s office in search of him to discuss the new banker that Justin had proposed.  He didn’t expect to see his sister there holding Justin’s hand and looking fascinated.  And he surely didn’t expect to see Justin seemingly fighting some internal battle with his eyes closed. This was unacceptable.  He liked Justin.  And if he wasn’t so in love with his ex-wife, Chris wouldn’t mind having him as a brother-in-law.  But as things stood.  No. Eve was not going to end up broken hearted.  And to top it off, he had to give up Harmony.  Although it was for the best, he was still a little put off about it. But one thing was for sure. He wouldn’t be the only person making sacrifices in this family.

“Chris,” Justin said when he saw him.  “Eve and I were just discussing strategy for the Baby Doc’s hearing today.”

Justin pulled his hand away as Eve turned around and smile.

“That’s exactly what it looks like you were doing,” Chris said sarcastically.

“Oh brother. Pun intended,” Eve said laughing. “Good morning.”

Justin looked at his watch and walked towards the door.  “Wow. Look at the time.  I am late for a meeting.  I have to go,” he said.

Chris knew that Justin did not have a meeting.  He had looked at his calendar before coming to his office.  But he let it slide.  He would have a talk with Justin later.  Now he needed to speak with his sister to ensure that she knew that Justin was not available to her.

They both watched Justin leave. 

“So, I see you still take pleasure in running men away from me,” Eve said with a sting in her voice.

“Every guy I ran off deserved to be run off.  You have an uncanny ability to pick losers,” Chris said.

“They were not losers,” she said defensively. 

“Not only were they losers.  But they were spineless losers. I mean come on.  One little threat from your brother and they are gone,” Chris said laughing.

Eve laughed too then said, “Okay.  I admit to them being a little weak of character.”

 “Try a lot of weak.  They were each chicken shit bastards.  Trust me.  A real man wouldn’t let anyone stop him from being with the woman he wants.  But anyway, I haven’t done that in a long time. The last time was when you were in college.  “

“Justin just left didn’t he,” she said laughing softly.  Chris could tell that she was serious.  He heard the honesty behind her laugh.

“Eve.  I like Justin. He’s a cool guy. I trust him. But he is still in love with Donna.  As a matter of fact, he has always been in love with Donna.  Since he was in high school.”

“Olivia told me that they were divorced.”

“They are.  But a piece of paper does not stop feelings. You’re a lawyer. I am sure that you have seen people divorce that were still in love.”

She walked over and hugged him briefly. “Thanks for the information.  Now, I have to go.”

She walked towards the door.  On her way out, she threw back over her shoulder, “Nice outfit you have here.  You and Neil did well.”

“Thanks,” he said thinking that it was nice to have his sister in town.  Even if he was probably going to have to run off one undeserving coward after the other.

 

Location:  Genoa City Airport

Tyra hung up the phone from Nick informing him that she had arrived and would be ready for their afternoon press conference.  She walked towards baggage claim area about to call Harmony when she saw her standing to the side holding hands with a man.  She headed in their direction and before she made it, harmony saw her and ran towards her.  The sight warmed Tyra’s heart.  She hadn’t seen her sister in years.  And it had been even longer since she saw her look so healthy and happy.  Before she knew it she was running towards her too.

They met and embraced excitedly.  They hugged for a few seconds then broke apart to look into each other’s face.  It was like the weight that had been straining against their relationship melted away.

“Wow.  Look at you.  My baby sister is a beauty. And she’s got brains.  Ms. Chief Chemist for Newman Cosmetics,” Harmony said.

“And look at you.  I guess beauty runs in the family.  And brains, because Anna tells me that you have some high powered executive job now.  I am so proud of you.”

“Well, I guess us Hamilton sisters are finally on top,” Harmony said laughing.

“I guess so,” Tyra said looking at the man walk up whose hand her sister had been holding.

“Tyra, this is Tucker McCall. My fiancée,” Harmony said as Tyra shook Tucker’s hand.

Fiancée, Tyra thought. And Tucker McCall.  No.  It had to be a coincidence.  Surely he wasn’t The Tucker McCall.  She just had to ask.

“McCall.  As in McCall Unlimited.”

“The one and only darlin’.”

“He is also Devon’s biological father,” Harmony said with sheepish smile.

Tyra was shocked. She had heard from Anna that Devon’s father was back in his life but she didn’t know it was some billionaire.  This also begged the question of why Harmony had allowed Devon to go in foster care when he had a filthy rich daddy to take care of him.  This made her now wonder who Anna’s father was.  But these were conversations for another day.  She was back in Genoa City.  She was sure that her presence would cause problems for some people.  But she wouldn’t let that run her life. Besides, she had her sister back now.  Together, the Hamilton sisters had always been able to handle anything.  Even the unspeakable.

 

 Location:  Newman Enterprises

Victor sat in his office dictating a press release for to his secretary. 

“Newman Enterprises will hold a press release today at 2 pm to discuss the strategy for growing the Newman Cosmetics Division.  New hires will be introduced and each will take questions from the press.”

He thought that was cryptic enough.  And couldn’t wait to see the look on Jack Abbot’s face when their plans were announced.  He hadn’t heard anything from his sources that said that Jabot would be attempting to venture into the market that they had now taken on. It was going to be amusing beating Jack to the punch again.  Of course, he was anticipating Jack to scramble and attempt to put a product in the market.  But by the time they get the product ready for distribution, it would be too late.

“Make sure you send these to every major publication that caters to Black women. I want them to be aware that Newman Enterprises is not just going after their business.  But we are hiring them too.  And not just in front of the camera for marketing.  But where it really counts.

“Okay Mr. Newman.”

Episode 22: I Hate You by Diva58

Episode 22

Time: Same day of last Episode, Midmorning

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Tucker walked into the living room being followed by Tyra and Harmony.  Watching his Songbird’s reunion with her sister had been heartwarming.  Tyra had seemed surprised when Harmony had introduced him as Devon’s father.  He was sure she had many questions.  He was prepared to answer all of them. 

“Hey hey. Look who we found this morning,” he said to Kay.

She looked up as Harmony and Tyra came walking in arm in arm.

“Ohhh,” his mother squealed in delight as she stood and opened her arms in the universal sign for a hug. Tyra released Harmony’s arm and rushed over to hug Kay.

They broke the embrace and Kay placed a hand on each side of Tyra’s face then said, “Let me look at you. Just as beautiful as ever.  We are so happy to have you here with us.  Now if we can only get our little Anna to come visit us, I would be a much happier woman.”

Tucker was surprised at this show of affection.  He didn’t even know that his mother knew Tyra and Anna so well. He silently marveled at the small world in which they lived. 

“I am sure that you will get a chance to see her soon.  There is always spring break,” Tyra said.

At the moment, Tucker’s driver brought in Tyra’s first set of luggage. 

“Oh, there are your bags.  Let me show you to your room,” Kay said.  They both turned and headed towards the door with the driver following with Tyra’s bags.

When they were out of sight, Tucker turned towards Harmony and smiled.

“I had no idea that your family and my mother were so close.  She knows Anna that well,” he asked. 

“Yes.  She made it possible for Anna to get this scholarship to the school she attends.  This was 3 years or so ago I guess,” she said placing her hands on his chest and rubbing them up to rest on his shoulders.

“You know what I think,” he said wrapping his arms around her waist.

“No, but I think you are going to tell me,” she said then reached on tiptoe to peck him softly on the lips. 

“I think that we should go visit Anna.  I want to get to know her.  And I know that you would probably like to visit her,” he said rubbing one of his hands up and down her spine.

“Yes.  I would enjoy that.  She and I have spoken a lot about me coming to visit her over the past week.  I think my episode scared her a little.  I also think that Neil has been talking me up,” Harmony said smiling.

Neil, Tucker thought.  Why was he talking to Anna so much?  Why did he have such influence over her?  He didn’t like it.  There was no way that he would allow Neil to steal yet another child that was supposed to be his. He thought about voicing that aloud to his Songbird but thought better of it.  He would just bide his time.  Besides, he had not forgotten the deal they brokered at the airport earlier.  He wasn’t stupid enough to start a discussion that might make her break it.

He lowered both hands to her butt and held her firmly in his hands.

“So,” he said looking into her beautiful eyes.  The look she gave in return always gave him an ego boost.  She loved him.  There was no mistaken it.

“So,” she said lowering her voice and leaning in closer to him so that her breast were pressed against his chest.

She was teasing him again. And he was enjoying it. Again.

“Are you prepared to finish what we started at the airport,” he asked lowering his voice to match hers.

“Yes,” she whispered then went on tiptoe and kissed him again.  This time the kiss was not quick.  It was slow and drawn out.  When she tried to pull away by lowering her feet back flat against the floor.  He followed her so that their lips never separated.  He licked the seam of her lips asking for admittance.

“Mmm,” she moaned and her lips parted.  He used that as an opportunity to slide his tongue into her mouth to taste her.  She tasted the way she always did.  Like she was his. 

“Oooweee, look at the love birds,” he heard a feminine voice say.

He felt Harmony jump and attempt to pull away from him.  He held her firmly to his body. They had nothing to be embarrassed about. He wasn’t ashamed to let people know how much he was attracted to his fiancée.

He looked up to see Roxy and Devon standing in the doorway holding hands.  She wore a huge smile.  But Devon’s brow was furrowed. He probably didn’t like seeing her in his arms.  Well, Devon would have to just get used to it, Tucker thought.  Because he had no intention of curbing his affection for his Songbird for anyone. Ever.

 

Location: Newman Enterprises

Billy stood outside Victoria’s office still reeling from the news.  He was going to be a father again. Chelsea’s baby was also his baby.  He needed to tell Victoria.  He owed her that much.

 He knocked on her door then heard her voice.

“Come in,” she said.

He walked in and saw her face drop.  She went from smiling and happy to frowning and sad.

“Billy,” she said. “What are you doing here?”

“The baby is mine,” he said quickly.  There was no other way to do it.

“I figured as much,” she said without showing much emotion.

“So.  What are you going to do?”

“I want a divorce Billy.  I just can’t help you raise this baby. She or he would be a constant reminder of your betrayal.  And I wouldn’t want my attitude to affect the baby.  This child deserves better than that.”

This was what Billy expected her to say.  He couldn’t blame her for not wanting to raise this baby.  It was more than most woman could bear.

“I understand.  I do,” he said.

“Thank you for being understanding.  I will start the proceedings,” she said.

“What the hell are you doing here Abbot,” he heard Victor say behind him.

“Billy was just leaving daddy,” Victoria said.

There was nothing left for Billy to say.  He turned and left.

 

 

Victoria watched Billy leave then ran into her father’s arms.

“Make the divorce quick daddy.  Just please make it quick.”

“Let me handle everything.  Don’t you worry about it,” Victor said.

Times like this were when Victoria was glad that her father was powerful and ruthless.  He would make sure that her divorce from Billy was painless for her.  At least as painless as a divorce from the man you love can be.

 

Location: Abbot Mansion

Olivia sat on the couch discussing her fears about Nate with Jack.

“I am just so afraid that they will try to make an example of him,” she said.

“Hey,” Jack said wrapping her arms around her waist and pulling her into his arms.  She laid her head on his chest. “Be positive.  I have a feeling that everything will be alright.  Nathan is an excellent doctor. They know that.”

Just the feel of Jack’s arms around her made her feel better.  The sound of his steady heartbeat in her ear gave her strength.

“How it is that you know what I need to make me feel better,” she asked leaning back to look into his eyes.

“Because I know you,” he said looking down at her.

She smiled at up at him.

“Liv, you know how I feel about you,” he said.

“I think so,” she responded.  She couldn’t be sure that his interest in her was altruistic. In fact, she knew jack well enough to know that was not the case. But she could feel that he cared about her.  That he might even love her. 

“This is not new you know,” he said.

“What do you mean,” she asked.

“I mean that I have wanted to be with you since we met.  But I knew that you would never be interested in me.  So I didn’t say anything.”

“Oh Jack,” she said as she felt her heart flutter.  This was a new Jack.   She had always known arrogant Jack. Smart Jack. Selfish Jack. Ruthless Jack.  But this Jack was sweet. Unsure.  Sexy.

He lowered his head and kissed her softly. 

She deepened this kiss by pushing her tongue into his mouth.  She wanted him so badly. She was positively hungry for Jack Abbot.

“Mmm,” she moaned as she gave herself up to the kiss.

Jack pulled away and stood abruptly.  He walked over to the other side of the room.

This was the second time Jack had stopped their intimacy.

“What is wrong Jack,” she asked.

“Being with you means something to me.  I want to wait until we are married,” he said.

“What if we are never married,” she said.

He looked her in the eyes and she knew that he meant every word that he was about to say.

“I want you. I want to be with you. But I have lived this long without knowing what that feels like.  What it feels like to make love to you.   But as much as I want to, I can live the rest of my life without knowing because I will not risk getting hurt.  I want all of you or nothing. So, if we ever make love, it will be sanctioned by God.”

 

Location: Jacobs House

Callie looked in her closet wondering what she should wear on her date with Chris when Pam walked in her bedroom.

“Study long, study wrong,” Pam said.

“I don’t even know why I am hesitating,” Callie said wonderingly.  She had never cared very much about what she wore before.

“Because you know that you dress like a school marm.”

“I do not,” Callie said laughing.

“Okay.  Not exactly school marm.  More so, a nanny.”

Callie wouldn’t touch that conversation.  She would say that she was a nanny so it fit.  But then she was much more than that. And she promised herself that she would never outright lie to Pam.  So far she had kept that promise.

“Regardless of title, there is nothing wrong with my clothes. I am conservative.”

“You’re right sweetie.  You’re perfect just the way that you are,” Pam said smiling at her. “You are a lovely woman.  But men are visual creatures you know.  I want you to put your best foot forward with this guy.”

“Okay.  Well why don’t you help me pick something out,” she said.

“I’d be happy too,” Pam said.  “And I can’t wait for our shopping trip later.”

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Roxy was amused to see Tucker and Harmony making out.  Now she knew exactly how Devon was conceived because those two were hot for each other.  She looked at Devon who was wearing his unhappy face.   She couldn’t help but laugh to herself.  Devon would just have to get used to Tucker and Harmony’s displays of affection.  If the look on Tucker’s face when they were kissing was any indication, this sort of thing was going to happen a lot.  Besides, Devon, of all people, should understand.  Any chance he got, he was all on her the same way. 

“Morning,” Harmony said with an embarrassed smile.

“Good Morning,” Roxy said in return.

“Tucker, will I have to pry my mom loose with a crow bar or will you let her go willingly.  She has to greet her son and soon to be daughter-in-law properly,” Devon said with a smile. 

Tucker smiled at him then looked at Harmony.  He had a certain gleam in his eyes that one didn’t often see.  He released Harmony.  She turned and walked towards them with Tucker following directly on her heels.

“So it’s official,” Harmony said clapping her hands.

“Yes.  I asked Roxy last night and she said yes,” Devon said raising the hand he was holding to his lips and kissing it softly.  He was looking at Roxy with the exact same gleam that Tucker had in his eyes when he looked at Harmony.  She had to keep herself from losing herself in that gaze.  She wondered if Harmony had the same issue.

“Congratulations,” Harmony said hugging Roxy and then Devon.

“Yes. Congratulations,” Tucker said kissing Roxy’s cheek then shaking Devon’s hand.

“So, have you set a date yet,” Harmony said.

“No,” Roxy said.  “Not yet.”

“I am so excited,” Harmony said.  “I hope you allow me to help plan the wedding.”

“Yes.  I would like that,” Roxy said.  “My mom died when I was young and I don’t really have anyone to mother over me and help with the planning. I am so happy to be marrying Devon.  But that still makes me kind of sad.”

“Oh baby,” Harmony said hugging her again. “Well, I know that I have not been the best mother.  But times are changing.  I am changing. I would be honored if you would consider me a second mom.”

“Thank you,” Roxy said.  She felt herself on the verge of tears. 

“Okay. Okay,” Devon said.  “This is a happy occasion. No tears.”

“You’re right baby.  It’s just so hard not to be kind of sad,” Roxy said with a tear falling down one cheek.

Devon lifted his hand to rub the tear from her cheek.

“I have a surprise for you,” he said looking at her.  “Pack an overnight bag and be ready to leave around 2 p.m.”

“Are we going somewhere,” she asked.  A bag.  Maybe they were just going to stay at a hotel. 

“Maybe,” he said. “You will just have to wait and see.”

She decided not to question him further.  She would just blow with the wind. 

“So mom.  What surprise do you have for me,” Devon asked smiling at his mother.

“Turn around,” Harmony said with a broad smile as she looked past them to the doorway.

They both turned to see Tyra.

Roxy felt her blood start to boil.  She didn’t often use the word hate to describe how she felt about someone.  But it was an apt description for the feelings she felt for the woman standing before her.

 

Location: McCall Unlimited

 

Chloe was busy trying to reschedule Tucker’s morning g appointments when she looked up to see Billy walk into her office.  Her heart began to beat faster when he gave her a sad smile.  Why was she allowing him to affect her this way?  She thought that she was past it.  But it seemed she was not.

“Morning,” she said politely hoping that he didn’t mention their last two encounters.

“Hey there,” he said.

“What brings you here,” she asked.

“The DNA tests.  I got the results and it seems that Chelsea is not lying.  I am the father,” he said in his best Maury Povich voice.

Chloe was not surprised.  She suspected that he was the father. And what was done could not be undone.  Billy was about to become a father again.  Delia would have a little sibling. She knew that Billy would be a doting father to this new baby the way that he was with Delia. She stood and walked around her desk to stop directly in front of Billy.

“I know how much you love kids.  You are a great father to Delia.  I know that you will love this new baby as much as you love her,” Chloe said.

“Thank you,” he said.  He lifted his hand to cup her face as he stared into her eyes. “Thank you,” he said again with feeling.

“It’s true,” she said returning his stare as she placed her hand over his on her cheek. “I am not just blowing smoke up your butt you know.”

He laughed softly. “No, you wouldn’t.  You mean what you say and say what you mean.  One of your finer qualities.”

“All my qualities are fine,” she said with an attitude that she didn’t quite feel.

“Is that so,” he said in a husky voice while lowering his head closer to hers.

Her heart skipped a beat then began to beat even faster than before.

“Yes, that’s so,” she said with her voice matching his.

“Hmmm,” he said. “I think I better go.”

“Okay,” she said lowering her hand.  Even she could hear the disappointment in her voice. Before he could respond to it, she stepped away and walked back around her desk to put some distance between them.

“Can I come by later tonight,” he asked.

“Well,” she hesitated because she didn’t know if it was a good idea for her to spend more time with him. 

“To see Delia,” he added as an afterthought.

“Of course,” she said readily.  Delia was always open to seeing her daddy.

“It’s a date then,” he said smiling broadly.  Then turned and left.

 

Location: Abbot Mansion

Jack had laid out his position to Olivia.  As much has he cared about her.  As much as being with her was a dream come true for him.  He was not about to accept anything less than the full commitment from her.  She sat looking at him dumbfounded.  This was one of the few times that he had seen her speechless.

“Jack, have you even thought this through,” she asked.

“What is there to think through?  I want you.  You want me. What else is there,” he asked her.

“Maybe we are not compatible,” she said shaking her head.

“I see the way you respond to me. We are compatible,” he said lowering his voice to a whisper.

“Oh Jackie, that’s not what I meant.”

“What do you mean then,” he asked.

“For one, I never wanted to be a politician.  And definitely not a politician’s wife. Besides, we have totally different political views.  You are Republican and I am a Democrat. I support President Obama and you don’t.”

Jack didn’t think these would be problems for his campaign.  He actually saw these as pluses.  It would be good for his campaign and good for his term in office.  With someone like Olivia beside him, he would vote honestly.  For what was best for the people.

“That is a good thing.  It would keep me honest.  You would ensure that I had a bi-partisan agenda.”

“And what about your campaign.   Do you think that the party base would vote for you with a Black wife that is a democrat.  I might actually hurt you more than help,” she said sadly.

Jack walked over to stand in front of Olivia. He reached for her hands and pulled her to her feet.  He looked her in the eyes and said, “I think that the party base will take one look at you and fall in love the same way I did all those years ago.  They will recognize you for exactly who you are. Smart, kind, intelligent, feminine, classy, beautiful, and too good for me.”

“Oh Jack,” she said looking up into his eyes. She had such concern there.  He realized it was all for him.  He couldn’t stop himself from lowering his head and connecting his lips to hers in the sweetest kiss he had ever tasted.

 

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club

Adam sat with Sharon and Faith having breakfast.  Their relationship had settled down.  Nick had ceased being totally antagonistic with him about it.  One would think that he would be happy about that.  But he wasn’t. It kind of took some of the lure of the relationship away.

“Adam,” she said.  “I am so proud of you.  So proud of the man that you have become. Honest and upstanding.  No more lies and schemes.  This is the man that I always knew that you were.”

Adam felt a pang of regret over his latest deception but quickly squelched it.  That was business and had no bearing on his relationship with Sharon.

“To be honest Adam, my heart just couldn’t take any more lies.  I am just so grateful to you for the efforts that you have put in.  Thank you.  I know this change was for me and Faith.”

“Your love has changed me Sharon,” Adam said.

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Tyra had come down the stairs so happy.  With her warm welcome from Harmony and Kay, she had almost forgotten the reasons she had been apprehensive about moving back to Genoa City.  But as soon as she hit the door to the living room, she had been reminded.  It was a harsh reminder at that.  And it was standing 3 feet in front of her.  She had not seen, nor spoken to, Devon sense she left town.  He looked ashamed.  And Roxanne, who was standing next to him, just looked furious. What did one say after seeing people for the first time after doing what she had done?  After causing so much destruction.

“Hello,” Tyra said in a soft voice.

Roxanne took two steps forwards.  And before Tyra could react, Roxy’s hand had connected with her cheek. Her head snapped to the side from the force of the blow.

“What in the…,” Tyra heard her Harmony say.

“I hate you,” Roxy said covering her mouth with her shaking hand as tears began to spill out he eyes.

“I’m sorry,” Tyra said as her face stung.  What else could she say?

“You should be,” Roxy said and ran past her.

“Foxy,” Devon said running out behind her.

Tyra noticed that he hadn’t said a word.  She looked at her sister whose mouth was wide open in shock as the front door slammed shut.

Harmony opened her mouth to speak.  But Tyra didn’t want to answer any questions so she turned and ran out. She ran back up the stairs in the direction of her room.  She was holding on to her tears by a thread.  She was so busy concentrating on making it to her destination before breaking down that she didn’t notice the person coming down the hall until she bumped directly into him.

 

 

Chance was heading out for work when he saw this woman barreling down the hall towards him.  She wasn’t paying any attention to where she was going.  He tried to get out of her way but didn’t fully succeed.  They collided into each other and he placed both his hands on her waist to steady her.  She felt small yet feminine.

 “Hey,” he said.  “Are you okay?”

“Yes. I’m fine,” she said with her voice breaking.

“Hey. Look at me,” he said.  She didn’t seem fine to him.  He needed to look in her eyes to make sure that what she said was true.

She raised her face and they made eye contact.  It was electric. Like a jolt of lightening throughout his entire body.

Whoa, he thought to himself.  She’s stunning.  Made even more so by the tears brimming in her eyes.  He instantly knew who she was.  His grandmother had complained to him that they would be getting a new houseguest.  Harmony’s sister.

“See,” she said. “I am fine.”

“No, I don’t see.  What’s wrong? Tell me,” he said softly.

“I don’t want to talk about it.  Please. Just let me pass,” she said as tears slipped out of her eyes and down both her cheeks.

His heart broke just a little at the sadness in her voice.  If she didn’t want to talk about it, he wouldn’t make her.

“Okay,” he said lifting a hand from her waist.  He rubbed his thumb down one of her cheeks then the other to wipe the tears away.  Her skin was so soft and smooth. “But can I do anything?”

“No. I will be fine.  I just need a moment.  Excuse me,” she said pulling out of his embrace and brushing past him as she continued on her way to her room. 

Chance stood in the hallway and watched as she disappeared inside.

 

Location: Restless Style

Billy walked into Restless Style to find Chelsea waiting on him.  She rose as he walked into the office space.

“Billy,” she said.  “I need to talk to you about our baby.”

“Okay,” he said. “But not here.  Let’s go into the conference room.”

She followed him into the room and he closed the door behind her.

“So what do you need,” he asked fairly certain that it would have something to do with money.

“I am not in a position to take care of a baby.  I can barely take care of myself.  So, I would be willing to let you have the baby.”

Billy was surprised at this turn of events. It was not at all what he was expecting which is why he was skeptical.

“And what will I have to give you in turn for my own son,” he asked.

“$3 million dollars.”

“What.  Are you trying to sell me my own kid,” he asked.

“I just need the money to start over somewhere else.  Money to build a life.  A business of my own.”

“And how do I know that in a few years when you have used my money to build this life that you won’t just come back in and take the baby from me,” Billy asked.

“Because I will sign over all my rights,” she said.

“I will need to consult my lawyer on this.  I will let you know.  But I am going to be honest; my gut says not to give you one red cent.”

Not to mention that he had already gotten in trouble once for attempting to buy a baby.  He didn’t want to go before a judge for the same crime.

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Harmony knocked on Tyra’s door to her room.

“Come in,” she heard Tyra say.

She opened the door and walked in to find Tyra sitting on the bed clutching a box of tissue. How small and sad she looked.  Like the little girl that Harmony had left behind when she decided to follow Tucker and his band.  Harmony walked over and sat beside her.  She placed her arm around her shoulder.

“Tyra.  What just happened,” she asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it right now,” Tyra said without looking at her. “But I promise I will tell you everything.”

If she hadn’t been intrigued before, Harmony was now.  Roxanne was a really sweet person as far as she could tell.  That slap seemed out of the ordinary for her. 

“Why can’t you tell me now,” Harmony asked.  There wasn’t anything stopping them from talking. 

“I can’t allow myself the opportunity to get caught up in the past right now.  I have that press conference. It’s just not a good time.”

“Okay.  Just tell me when you are ready,” Harmony said smiling rubbing her sister’s back.  Tyra had just gotten in town.  She didn’t want to push her with their relationship still so rocky.  She would just let Tyra come to her on her own.

“Thank you,” Tyra said.  “And please don’t ask Devon or anyone.  I want to be the one to tell you.”

“Okay. Okay.  You have my word.  Now. Enough of this crying.  The last think you need is puffy red eyes today.   You’re going to be on national TV,” harmony said laughing.  She was trying to lighten the mood.

“You’re right,” Tyra said. “I know that you are probably busy.  But it would mean so much to me if you were there.”

“Hey. I am never too busy for family.”

“Thanks,” Tyra said hugging her. “I love you.”

Harmony chest tightened at the words from Tyra.  She hadn’t heard them in over 10 years.

“I love you too Little Bit.”

Tyra laughed at the name.  It was one that Harmony had given her the day their mother had brought Tyra home.  She had been about 1 while Harmony had been 12.  It had stuck. 

“Okay.  I need to go to work,” Harmony said rising.  “I also need to check on Tucker.  Make sure he has not gotten into it with Kay.”

“Tucker,” Tyra said laughing. “That’s Devon’s father?”

“I know.  I think I will save that discussion for our next conversation.  That’s more time and energy than either one of us want to spend right now.”

“I can’t want to hear that explanation,” Tyra said laughing.

“It’s a long one,” Harmony said smiling as she walked out the door.

She walked down the hall headed back to the living room when a hand came out of her room and pulled her in.  Before she could register what was happening, the door slammed behind her and she was pinned up against it by a hard, slender body.  Tucker, she thought as she relaxed and her eyes focused on the face that was so close to hers.

 She wrapped both arms around his neck and breathlessly asked, “What are you doing Mick?”

“Making love to my lady,” he said with a smoldering look.  Then he lowered his head as his lips connected hungrily to her.  She melted into his body as the butterflies in her stomach began to flutter.

 

Tucker lifted his head to look into Harmony’s eyes.  He released her and stepped back a few steps.

“I want you naked,” he said challengingly.

She stood up from the door in which she had been leaning and walked around him towards the bed.  She stopped just beside it and began to take off her clothes piece by piece.  As she did so, he removed his coat and draped it over the couch. Then rolled up his sleeves. He unzipped his pants and released himself from his underwear.  He stroked himself as he watched her undress.  By the time she got to her bra, he was breathing hard from his arousal.

He walked over to her and stopped just inches away.  He saw her chest rising and falling rapidly and knew that she was just as aroused as he was.  He lifted both hands to hold a breast in each.  He lifted them and pushed them together and as he did so the front clasp gave way.

“Mmm,” she moaned. 

He rubbed his hands to the shoulders and lifted the straps to pull them off her arms.  The bra fell to the ground.  He lifted both hands back to her breasts to cup one in each hand again.  He lightly rubbed a thumb across each nipple.

“You are so damn sexy,” he said as he lightly trailed his right hand from her breast down her stomach to stop at her lower abdomen. He felt her stomach clench at his touch. “I know I can be a little demanding of your time and your body. But I won’t apologize for being crazy attracted to you. And I won’t restrain my need for you.”

“Baby,” she said softly. “I like how much you want me.  It makes me feel beautiful.”

“You are beautiful. And desirable. And special. And mine,” he said lowering his hand down to between her legs. She opened them to give him better access. He rubbed his fingers between her folds and encountered her wetness. “And wet,” he said smiling.

“Mmmm. I’m always wet when I am near you,” she said looking him in the eyes.

“Is that so,” he asked spreading her juices over his fingers and rubbing her clitoris lightly.

“Yes. So now take off your clothes and make love to me,” she said breathlessly reaching up to unbutton his shirt.

He removed his hand from her from her folds and his other hand from her breast to grasp both her hands in his.

“No,” he said. “If I am able to feel your body against mine skin to skin, there is no way I would be able to let you go to work.  I am going to keep my clothes on.”  Besides, it was very much a turn on to have her completely naked while he was fully clothed.

He sat down on the edge of the bed which put her breast at eye level. Still holding her hands, he pulled her in between his legs and latched onto her right breast with his mouth.  He sucked on it lightly. Then grazed the nipple softly with his teeth.

“Oh Mick,” she moaned.

He released her nipple then watched it harden even more as he blew on it. She was so responsive to him.  Any man would be obsessed with a woman whose body gave him exactly what he requested.  Especially when the woman was the person her loved.  And even more so when she was the mother of his child. 

He trailed his lips from her right breast across her chest to the other breast.  He licked the nipple repeatedly with the tip of his tongue as he intertwined their fingers. He used the leverage to put her hands around his neck, and then pulled her onto his lap.  He wrapped one arm around her waist then used his other hand to put himself at her entrance.  He slowly lowered her down as he entered her.

“Ahhhh,” she screamed softly.

“Mm huh, I like that sound,” he said looking into her face.  The passion he saw there was pushing him to the brink.

He placed both hands on her butt to hold her steady so that he could push fully into her and hold there.

He took a nipple into his mouth and sucked on it lightly. 

“How tight can you hold me,” he asked allowing his breath to blow on her nipple and she shuddered in response.

“I like that,” he said as he felt her squeeze her muscles tightly around him.

“Is that tight enough for you or,” she said allowing her voice to trail off as she tightened her muscles even more. Almost painfully on him. 

“Damn,” he growled as she began to lift up and down on him to a slow rhythm and his eyes crossed from the sensation.

“Mmmm,” she moaned and his stomach muscles clenched. “You’ve got three more minutes Mick.”

“Three minutes,” he asked lost.

“Yes,” she said as she increased her speed. “You told me that you only needed 5 minutes to come and to make me come.  And that’s all you’re going to get.  So, you had better hit that spot quickly.”

Just when Tucker thought that he knew the depths of his attraction to Harmony.  He found a new level.  She was challenging him.  And he loved it.

He rolled over and she fell softly on her back onto the bed with her legs wrapped around him and him leaning over her.

“Slide back into the bed,” he said and she complied as he followed her.

He kissed her hard on the lips with his tongue plundering her mouth.  She gave everything he gave her back as she sucked on his tongue eagerly. He raised his head and looked her in the eyes.  She wanted to come within three minutes.  He could make that happen.  But it might be a little dirty for her.   

“Do you trust me,” he asked her.

“Yes,” she said breathlessly.

“Do you love me,” he asked.

“Always,” she said.

“Roll over,” he said. 

She smiled then rolled over.

He lay out atop her and entered her swiftly.

She screamed softly then gripped him tightly with her inner muscles.

He lifted up on his arms as he began to pound into her in deep, quick strokes.

“Ah,” she screamed into the pillow on his every stroke.  Then she lifted up on her elbows and pushed her butt up in a half circular motion to meet his thrusts.  His heart beat even faster than before.

He buried his face in her hair as he fought to regain control of himself and their love making.

He lowered his head to kiss then lick the skin at the back of her neck.

“I love the way you taste,” he said against her neck then began to suck on it hard enough to leave a passion mark.  He reached under her with one hand to squeeze her breast.  Then used his thumb and finger to pinch her nipple hard and roll it between his fingers.

“Ahhh,” she screamed as she came softly around him. 

 “Oh. That’s right.  Come for me,” he whispered against her neck as he continued to pound her while she came. He didn’t stop his thrusts so that she could enjoy it because he intended to make her come again.

He used the hand gripping her breast to pull her to her hands and knees.

He gripped her hip with one hand and continued to squeeze her nipple with the other.  He looked down at his hand on her butt and thought the contrast in the colors of their skin was still the most erotic thing he had ever seen.  As he watched himself push into her over and over again, he noticed his thumb next to her forbidden hole.  He rubbed his thumb next to her opening that he was filling completely with his dick so that he could coat it with her juices.  Then slid it up to rub those juices on the pucker of her butt.

“Have you ever,” he began but was cut off before he finished.

“No,” she moaned as began to sway back to meet his thrusts.

“Not right now, but I want to go in here. I plan to go in here. Will you let me,” he asked breathing hard as he continued his feverish pace.

“Yes baby,” she said.

Tucker felt his stomach muscles clench at just the thought of being that intimate with his Songbird.

“Hhhm.  Something to look forward too.  But right now, I want you to come for me again,” he said as he squeezed her nipple harder and pushed his thumb into her butt.

“Miiick,” she screamed loudly.

“You like that baby,” he growled.

“Yes.  You feel so good,” she whimpered as her thighs began to shake.

“How good. Hhhm. Show me,” he dared her.

 Harmony arched her back to bring him deeper then began to roll her hips up and down as she pushed back against him.

“Ahhh,” he screamed.  He couldn’t help himself.

He could feel her periodically clench around him and knew she was on the verge of coming again.  He released her breast to rub her clitoris lightly.

“I’m coming,” she moaned as she came again.

The sound of her voice and the feel of her pulsing around him pushed him into his own orgasm.

“Me too,” he said as he came.

 

Harmony fell flat to the bed then rolled over trying to catch her breath only to be crushed into the mattress by Tucker’s weight as he lay down atop her.  After a few seconds she felt his chest shake as he started to chuckle.  He lifted up to look at her with a smile.  She smiled back and began to laugh.

“You’re so pretty, you know that Yolanda,” he said pecking her on the lips then raising his head to look at her face. “That smile is so innocent and sweet.  But you don’t fuck innocently or sweetly do you.”

“Well, you challenged me,” she said.  “I had to rise to the occasion.”

“True,” he said.

“Well, let this be a lesson to you.  Don’t.  Challenge.  Me,” she said punctuating each word then began to laugh.

“No. I think I might just challenge you every day.  Sometimes twice a day.  Morning and Night,” he said.

“How lucky for me,” she said in a sultry whisper.  Every woman needed a man like Tucker.

“No, I am the lucky one,” he said looking down her body then back to her face. “I really want to challenge you again right now.  But I know you have things to do.”

“You’re right,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck.  “I am going to have to cram a lot of work into the next couple of hours.  I told Tyra I would be at her press conference today.”

“That’s nice.  But did you find out why Roxy hit her,” he asked.

“No, but she promised to tell me later.  She didn’t want to talk about it just yet.  And I told her I wouldn’t ask anyone else either.”  Harmony had a feeling that she wouldn’t like this news at all.

“Interesting,” Tucker said.

“Very.”

 

   

 

Episode 23: The one He kept for me by Diva58

Episode 23: The one He kept for me

Time: Same day of last Episode, Lunch Time

Location:  Eve’s Bistro

Chris sat at the table casually browsing the menu and waiting for Callie to arrive. He was so anxious that whenever a woman walked in, he would look up wondering if that was her. He had only been there 5 minutes but he had analyzed and dismissed several women on sight as not being her. One had been too formal. She had a suit and as far as he could tell, nannies didn’t wear suits. Maybe linen capris, but power suits. No. Then a couple others had been the wrong color. He knew by the sound of Callie’s voice that she was a black woman. And now, another woman entered. She stopped as she spoke to the hostess and Chris immediately dismissed her. She was the right color but too beautiful. Far too beautiful, Chris thought as he watched her take off her coat. She wore a black sweater dress that belted at the waist along with black stiletto boots. And she had a nice body, he said to himself as he watched her give her coat to the hostess to hang in coat check. She wasn’t voluptuous but slender. But she did have curves in all the right places. And those curves were covered in a pecan colored skin that he just knew was sweet and juicy as the nut can be when newly ripened.  For a split second, he wished that he wasn’t meeting someone so that he could approach her. But then thought better of it. He was meeting his sweet nanny whom he liked very much. But he could look so he continued watching her as she spoke to the hostess.  Then the hostess pointed in his direction and the woman looked his way and smiled. Their eyes locked across the room and he felt a tug on his soul.  She headed in his direction and with her every step his heart beat faster and louder.  By the time she made it to the table, he found himself standing up without ever having given his body the command to do so.  And then she spoke.

“Hi. I’m Callie. And I was told that you are my date. Christopher Winters,” she said on a light and throaty laugh.  One that he recognized from their phone conversations.

At the sound of that laugh, Chris felt another tug. This woman was like a Siren. With only a smile, a few words, and a laugh, she had put him in a trance. Had him ready to crash his ship into the rocks of love and commitment in pursuit of her. What was it about her that drew him so? He just stood there studying her trying to figure it out. She was not at all what he had expected. From head to toe she was gorgeous.  After staring for a few seconds he realized that he may be making her uncomfortable.

He shook himself and only then he was able to form coherent words.

“Yes, I am Chris. Nice to meet you.”

He held out his hand as she took it in hers. When their fingers touched, it was electric. He could feel it in every part of his body. Especially his loins. But it wasn’t just sexual. It was deeper than that.  He looked down at their hands to make sure that what he had felt was from her touch alone. When he saw her hand in his, he knew. She was the one. Her hand belonged in his. This was the woman that he had been looking for all his life. The one that God had kept just for him.

“Nice to meet you as well,” she said as she tried to pull her hand away.  Chris looked back into her eyes and tightened his hold briefly because he didn’t want to lose the feel of her soft smooth hand in his. But then thought better of it and let her go.  He didn’t want to come on too strong. At least not yet.

“So, shall we eat,” Chris said gesturing to the table with his hand.

“Yes. Thank you,” she said with a smile as he pulled her chair out for her. Then he sat in his own and just stared at her beauty. 

 

Location: WinterCorp

Devon sat across the table from two men that his family had a long history with. Well, mostly his sister. But he had put out job requisitions and both applied.  At first he thought there was no way in the world that he would hire them. Although they were friendly now, there was still a small part of him that would never forgive them for hurting his sister.  Then common sense took over. Daniel Romalotti was an artist.  And a darn good one at that. Any decent productions company needed a graphic artist. And Kevin Fisher was a guru of all things technical. There wasn’t anything he couldn’t do pertaining to computers and websites.   And Devon needed people whose skills he trusted. They didn’t know this but their interview was just a formality.

“So,” he said. “I want to know why each one of you applied for the jobs I posted. Daniel, since you were once my brother in law, I think we should start with you.”

“You know I have a daughter now. I need a more steady work to take care of her. Art is kind of fickle. This way I can love what I do and get paid on a regular basis.”

Devon understood that. He thought it noble.

“Kevin?”

“And I am married. I don’t think I need to explain further.”

No he didn’t. Devon understood fully. It was one of the main reasons why he was working here himself. Providing for his soon to be beautiful wife.

“Well,” he said standing. “You’re both hired.”

“Thanks man,” Daniel said shaking Devon’s hand.

“No problem. Just don’t make me regret it,” Devon said.

“Does this mean that you won’t be producing my wife’s music anymore,” Kevin asked jokingly while he shook Devon’s hand.

“Absolutely not. As a matter of fact, I have a new song I want her to look at. “

“I will let her know.”

 “I need you guys to start Monday morning. We have a big account that we need to work on ASAP.”

“No problem.”

 

Location: Restless Style

Tammy went over to Phyllis desk with the notes that she had been preparing for her article. She wanted to do an in depth piece on SOPA and PIPA acts that were going before the Congress.  It was one of the hottest topics in the news right now.

“Phyllis,” she said. “I wanted to discuss my cover article with you.”

“Okay.  Shoot. What do you have?”

“I was thinking that we could do an informative piece about the SOPA and PIPA acts that are currently in congress,” She said laying out her notes in front of Phyllis.  “I have interviews with congressman set up and some notes here th-“

“No,” Phyllis said without looking at her notes.

“No,” Tammy asked. “Why not?” She remained calm but it was hard for her.  She knew that if she got rowdy, Phyllis would never agree.

“Because no one cares about politics.  At least not our reading audience.”

“That’s not true. Either way, this goes beyond politics. If you would just lo-“

“No,” Phyllis said standing then walking around her desk. “Tamara Davis.  This is my magazine. I know the readers well.  And none of them will care.  That just won’t sell.  Now, I know you have these ideas about being a real journalist,” Phyllis said putting emphasis on the term “real” letting Tammy know that she was mocking her. “Even got the masters degree to prove it.  But that is not the type of article we would run here.  Our audience wants something interesting and amusing. That is neither. Go back to the drawing board.”

Breathe Tammy said to herself.  This was still not the time to go off on Phyllis. But she was practically choking on the words that would curse Phyllis out.  With some effort she swallowed them down.

“I think I might just run this by Billy first,” Tammy said with her throat burning from the unsaid words.

“Do that. In the meant time, since you want to be this big time journalist, why don’t you cover the Newman Enterprises press conference this afternoon?”

“I can’t. Sorry.  I have plans that I cannot break,” Tammy said. Nate’s hearing was this afternoon and she needed to be there to support him.

“You do realize that this is your job.  You can’t just be gone all afternoon.”

“And neither do I punch a clock,” Tammy said then turned and walked away.

 

Location: Jabot Cosmetics

Ashley sat in her lab with Abby discussing strategy for their new products. 

“Abby, just stop stalling.  We need to find a spokes model soon so that we can get our advertising finished,” Ashley said calmly.  Her daughter had always been a practice in patience for her.

“Mom, since you don’t think my feelings of working with Roxy are relevant then you won’t mind the new candidate that I selected.”

“New candidate?”

“Yes. It is Harmony,” Abby said excitedly.

“I don’t know ab-,” Ashley said before she was cut off.

“She’s perfect for this job.  She has nice, naturally curly hair.  And she is very pretty and has a nice figure.  Meaning not too skinny.  The day of the skinny model is over.  Besides, we are trying to reach Black women here.  I was told once by this guy that a black woman should never be skinny.  That they like women with meat on their bones.”

“Abby, I really don’t think you should perpetuate stereotypes,” Ashley said. She hoped that Abby would listen to her.  The last thing Jabot needed right now was the press to pick up some thoughtless comment from Abby and have it misconstrued as racist.

“Okay. But anyway.  Harmony is perfect for what we need,” Abby said.

“I was thinking of someone more polished,” Ashley said.

“More polished?  Have you seen her lately,” Abby asked.

“No. Not for a while.”

“I think she must have had a makeover or something.  She was very well dressed.  She looked poised and well put together.”

“Still. Her background,” Ashley said shaking her head.

“Oh, come on Mom.  Don’t be such a snob. I think her story is compelling.  It’s almost like Cinderella.”

“Girl.  You must be mighty desperate if you are pushing Harmony’s life as some fairy tale. What about doing drugs and abandoning her kids is a story that anyone wants to have?”

“Well, she is now engaged to a billionaire.  I think there are many women who would want that ending,” Abby said.

“Engaged?”  Ashley was surprised to hear that Tucker was about to marry Harmony.  That he had made a commitment so soon.  This was the same man who had never been married and told her that she was the only woman that he wanted to try to settle down with.  This just wasn’t making any sense. “Are you sure?”

“Yes mother,” Abby said rolling her eyes. “I saw the huge ring on her finger. Personally, I think she can do better than him.”

“How so?”

“Maybe she could meet a man that would support her in bettering herself. I sat down with her to discuss the job.  And Tucker refused to leave the table.  I don’t know what he thought I would do.  Either way, it was very rude.  The entire time she and I spoke about it, he scowled.  She took one look at his unhappy puppy dog expression and turned me down.  It’s apparent that he doesn’t want her to work. He wants to keep her under him so that she won’t ever meet anyone else. The 1950’s tyrant that he is.”

“Really?”

“He probably thinks she will wise up like you did.”

This didn’t seem at all like Tucker. He never had a problem with her working. He actually liked that she had ambition.  He said that it was one of the things he admired about her.  Ashley thought back to seeing Tucker sitting beside Harmony at Delia’s party.  And seeing him through the window at Gloworm talking to her weeks ago. Then his quick acceptance of her leaving him for Paul.  His total lack of emotion about it. She wondered if Tucker had been cheating on her with Harmony. This thing with them seemed to happen so quickly.  She had moved on from Tucker to Paul but she didn’t like the idea that he had been making a fool of her again.  He had cheated on her once.  So it was not outside the realm of possibility that he would do so again. To top it off, she didn’t think Harmony would care whether he was married or not.  If she wanted him then she probably would be with him. She decided that to go pay him a visit this afternoon to get some answers.  Then she would go over Abby’s head and ask Roxy to be the spokes model herself.

 

Location:  Eve’s Bistro

Callie sat across from Chris enraptured by his beautiful smile. She had seen handsome men before but none whose smile made her stomach flutter nor whose voice had made her body hum. She hadn’t felt this way in almost 10 years. The last guy whom she had wanted like this was a mistake.  But she wouldn’t dwell on that anymore. She had spent 10 years doing so. It was time for her to move forward.  She finally felt secure enough to do it.  Her counselor had told her to trust her instincts. And her instincts told her that Christopher Winters was a man she could trust. And one who had been staring at her since she walked in the door.

“Chris,” she said smiling. “I get the impression that I am not what you expected.”

“Why do you say that,” he asked.

“Because you keep staring at me.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean to make you uncomfortable.”

Uncomfortable was one word to describe it, she thought as she smiled at him. But she wouldn’t have thought of the word herself. She would have called it something else. Desired maybe.  It was a feeling she hadn’t allowed herself to feel in a long time.

“I notice that you didn’t answer the question,” she said.  Christopher Winters was slick. She made a mental note of that.

“No I didn’t, did I,” he said leaning back in his chair with a devilish smile. “We had quite a few phone conversations. In those, I could see your inner beauty. It was a pleasant surprise to find that you have an outer beauty to match.”

“Ah, I see,” she said. Chris had thought she would be unattractive. She wouldn’t fault him for that. Any man would think that about a woman who needed her employer to set her up on a date. “And you were still willing to go out with me, huh,” she asked laughing.

He smiled in return and her stomach fluttered again. Then his expression turned somber as he looked her in the eyes. “When a man is looking for a life partner and a mother for his children, inner beauty is the only beauty that truly matters,” he said in a deep, low voice. One that caused his words to pass over her skin like an erotic caress.

She truly felt like he had touched her. Or at least her body was reacting as if he had. Part of her liked it and part of her was afraid of it. Fight or flight? Fight or flight? Her body warred with itself as she looked into his eyes. They were so kind and trusting but she had seen kind and trusting eyes before that had turned out to be anything but. She felt his warm hand touch hers atop the table and felt herself relax. Fight, her body settled on as she smiled at him. Most definitely fight.

 

 

Location: WinterCorp

Neil sat behind his desk across from Devon who was talking about the qualifications of the two new hires who would be working with him. Their credentials sounded solid.  He thought that his son had made a good choice. But for some reason he seemed to be laying it on just a little thick for these guys.

“So do Superman and Batman have real names,” he asked chuckling.

“Daniel Romalotti and Kevin Fisher,” Devon said looking him in the eyes.

Daniel and Kevin, he thought. No. Both those boys were of low character.

“Son,” he began but was cut off.

“Dad,” he said passionately. “I understand that you don’t like them. But they have changed. I have gotten to know them over the years and they are better men than they were then. They have really grown. Daniel is a father now. And he took the job because he wants to be able to provide for his daughter. Surely, you won’t deny him that opportunity. Besides, you were cool with him last year when he was helping us save the twins from Cane’s father. I think he has proven himself.”

“Hhmmm,” he said thinking about it. True. Daniel had been there for their family when Lily needed him. And he hadn’t taken advantage of her sadness to try to get close to her again. For that he deserved some respect.  “Okay. Daniel is fine. But that Kevin Fisher, I don’t think so.”

“But dad-,” Devon began visibly irritated but Neil cut him off.

“No son. I do not trust him and never will,” Neil said calmly.

“What about a trial period for Kevin. Remember that I am having my ear surgery next week and it will take some time before I can hear again. Although Kevin is not one of my favorite people, I do trust his skills. I need to be comfortable with who I am working with. Besides, I already made them both job offers.”

“Sill no,” Neil said. “You should have run it by me first.” Devon had only offered them jobs first so that he would have no choice but to agree to these two untrustworthy scoundrels working for his company.

“I mean no disrespect when I say this dad. But I don’t need you to micromanage me. You told me I would have autonomy but now it seems like that is not the case. Either I am in charge or not. Either you trust my judgment or not,” Devon said getting angry.

“I just-“

“And think of how it looks,” Devon continued. “I make a job offer but then have to rescind it because my daddy doesn’t like it. That would undermine my authority to everyone.”

Neil thought about telling him he should have thought of that before he hired people. But then thought better of it as he looked at his son. All grown up and engaged to be married. He was a man now. And as such deserved to be treated like one.

“Alright Mr. President. It is your call.”

Devon visibly relaxed and his face broke out in a brilliant smile.

“Thanks. I promise you won’t regret it.”

“Oh, I know I won’t regret,” Neil said laughing. “Because if they set a foot wrong, Mr. President will be dealing with it. Not me.”

 

Location: Restless Style

Billy walked into Restless Style and felt the tension in the air. His instincts told him that Phyllis and Tammy had another disagreement.  He made a beeline for his desk with a plan to look really busy so that he could think about his options about the baby when he heard his name.

“Billy,” Tammy said. “I need to speak to you about something.”

Tammy had that look her he eyes. It was the same one that Chloe got when she thought she was right and was looking for satisfaction.  This probably wouldn’t end well.

“Sure thing,” he said and kept walking.  But I only have a minute.  I need to make an important call in less than five minutes,” he said to ensure that Tammy was quick and to the point.

“Okay. I pitched my article to Phyllis and she said no.”

He had been right.  Phyllis and Tammy had an argument.

“Pitch it to me and we will see if she was justified.”

Tammy spoke passionately about the article she planned to right but Billy barely heard it because when he realized it was about politics, his mind wondered to his problems about the baby.

She finished with, “And that’s why I think that this is important.”

“No doubt it is important.  But our readers want drama and gossip.  This is not it.”

“So what are you saying Billy.”

“I’m sorry Tammy. But I agree with Phyllis.  Find something else.”

Tammy turned and Billy heard her whisper under her breath as she walked away, “I should have taken that job writing for Highlights Children’s Magazine…”

 

 

 

Location: Newman Ranch

Nikki sat down next to Lily going over the final details for the gala.

“Well, it seems that everything is in order. All we need now is to show up and act as hostesses.”

“Thank you for allowing me to assist you.  It really helped me to get out and start to get busy. It was the kick I needed to ensure that I started school.  I had forgotten that I could do more than just be a mother.”

“Lily, you are an incredibly intelligent person.  There is nothing wrong with being a homemaker. Oh, let me rephrase. I think your generation calls it a stay at home mom.”

“Yes,” Lily said laughing. “That is the PC term.”

“Well, there is nothing wrong with that.  But there is also nothing wrong with using your god given talents to the fullest either.”

“I agree. I think about my mom sometimes and what she gave up to pursue her career.”

Everyone knew how Dru had left Neil to pursue her dreams as a supermodel.  And how when her career was over, she came back to him and they picked up where they had left off. Nikki didn’t think that Neil had ever loved another woman.  Not even her daughter Victoria during their brief engagement.

“Yes.  But look how that turned out for her. She had her career and you,” Nikki said.

“Yeah. Oh, did I tell you I finished the jewelry. Let me show you the pieces,” Lily said reaching into her bag and taking out the box. She opened it and almost took Nikki’s breath away.

“Wow, Lily. These are beautiful sweety. You could really sell these.”

“You really think so.”

“Yes. You should be selling this.” And then a thought came into Nikki’s head. “You know what. I think that you and I should go into business together to sell this jewelry.”

“Oh my. Really. You would do that?”

“Yes. And I know that you are in school. So we can wait until you graduate to start.  But in the meantime, you could make as many pieces as time permits.”

“Thank you. I am so excited.  I have been dabbling in jewelry since I was a teen but with all that has happened over the last couple of years, I had almost forgotten about it.  Thank you for bringing my passion for it back.”

“Oh Honey,” Nikki said enveloping Lily into a hug. “I think we will both enjoy this venture. We both need this.  And I am sure that these will be the hit of the gala.”

 

Location:  Eve’s Bistro

Chris stood with Callie at the entrance of Eve’s waiting for the hostess to bring their coats.  Their lunch had been pleasant but they kept the topic of conversation light. Which, in his opinion, was a good thing. He was already way too drawn to her to take things slow the way he intended. He didn’t need to rush. They had all the time in the world. Besides, he had seen the fear in her eyes when he had mentioned looking for a mother to his children. Something was off. No, his beautiful Siren did not need to be rushed.

The hostess arrived with their coats and Chris took them both. He put his coat on then held hers up to assist her. She turned around and slipped both arms in the coat one by one. As she did so, Chris couldn’t help but lean down to lightly brush his face in her thick curly hair. The smell and feel of it on his face was intoxicating.  Claim her, his soul screamed. He laughed at himself and stepped back.

“So, can I drop you somewhere or did you drive,” he asked her.

“Thank you,” she said as she turned to walk out of the door. “But I drove.”

He followed her out and they stood on the side walk staring at each other until his car pulled up. His driver got out and opened the door for him. She looked over at him holding the door and smirked.

“What,” he asked her.

“A chauffer driven car,” she questioned.

“I utilized the service only because I was new to the city and didn’t know my way around,” he said by way of explanation.

“Hhhhmm,” she said smirking again. “I have been here less time than you and I am driving myself around. So somehow, I don’t buy that.”

“Are you implying that I am a snob or spoiled Callie,” Chris said laughing.

“Not a snob nor spoiled. Possibly just used to the finer things in life. My uncle is the same way. He refuses to drive himself anywhere if he can help it. And if he had his way, he would also force me to have a driver who doubled as a body guard.”

“I can respect that. In his position, I would probably do the same,” Chris said. Then he lifted his hand to cup her cheek. He rubbed his thumb back and forth across her high cheek bone as the tips of his fingers grazed her curly hair.  “Beautiful sirens need to be protected,” he said lowering his voice to a whisper.

She covered his hand on her check with her own, smiled, and looked deep into his eyes. Chris was spellbound. He looked from her eyes to her lips and felt an acute urge to taste them. He looked back into her eyes and began to lower his head to kiss her when he saw that same panic he had seen before come into them. The look was only a split second before she relaxed but it still stopped him cold.  She wasn’t ready for that, he told himself. So he straightened back up and smiled at her to put her at ease.

Then he saw a flicker of something else before she smiled back at him. Disappointment, perhaps. Before he could think on it, she pulled his hand from her face and went on tiptoe and kissed him softly on the cheek.

“Thank you for lunch,” she said still holding his hand. “And for being such a considerate gentleman.” She released his hand and walked away before he could respond.

 

Location: Fenmore’s Offices

Lauren sat across from Roxy talking about some of the new products that they were considering selling in Fenmore’s. She had repeated the same questions three times and still no response from Roxy.

“Roxy,” she said loudly and touched her arm to pull her out of her daydream.

Roxy jumped as if startled awake.

“I’m sorry Lauren. You were saying,” Roxy said with an embarrassed smile.

“What’s wrong? I thought you and Devon had made up,” Lauren asked

“How did you know,” Roxy asked surprised that she could be so easily read.

Lauren smiled. As if any woman would miss the pretty diamond that Roxy was wearing on the ring finger of her left hand.  Women just noticed these things.

“Because you are wearing an engagement ring. Who else would have given it to you if not Devon?”

Roxy held her hand up and looked at the ring.  A wistful smile briefly crossed her face.

Yes, Lauren thought. She was definitely engaged to Devon.

“Now tell me. What has you so unable to concentrate?”

“Okay. Devon and I are engaged. It happened last night. I was so happy this morning. That is until I ran into the only person in this world that I hate. Devon made a mistake with her a few years ago. And I thought to never see her again. But as soon as he and I make it official, she shows back up and steals my joy,” Roxy said bitterly.

“Why is she ruining your happiness? Do you think Devon will repeat this mistake?”

“Gosh no,” she said vehemently. “He’s not that stupid. I know he loves me and what happened with her was years ago. It’s just the fact that she is here in town. Why couldn’t she have stayed away?”

“Listen Roxy.  This woman has about as much power as you and Devon give her. So I suggest that you don’t give her any.  And double dog dare Devon to do anything different. Treat her like the non-entity she is. It seems like what happened is in the past. Let it stay in the past. You and Devon are beyond that and happy. Act like it.”

“You’re right,” Roxy said smiling. “Thank you for the pep talk.”

“Anytime Sweetie. Now back to work.”

 

Location: WinterCorp

Pam walked into the lobby of Bell Communications looking for the elevators when she heard the receptionist say, “May I help you?”

“Yes, I am here to see my fiancée. If you would be so kind as to direct me to his office. His name is John Jacobs.”

“Okay, let me just call him and confirm-“

“Confirm,” Pam interrupted. “Oh, so you can’t take my word for it.”

“It’s not that ma’am. Regardless, we have certain security protocols that must be followed. If this had been a week ago, I would have let you up go up. But the owners had an unwelcomed guest not that long ago and security has been increased. Sorry.”

“Um huh,” Pam said rolling her eyes. “Just get on with it then. Call him. Tell him that Pamela is here.”

“Is there a last name,” the receptionist asked.

“No last name. Just Pamela. It’s like Cher,” Pam said walking away from the desk and taking a seat in the lobby. She picked up a magazine to read while she waited.

Less than 10 minutes later, she looked up from reading to see John practically running towards her. She stood as he approached. He didn’t look too happy at his surprise.

“What are you doing here Pam,” he said grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the door.

She tugged her hand loose from his then stood her ground as he continued walking.

“Surprising my fiancée, whose new office I would like to see,” she said.

It took him a few steps to realize that she was not following him. He turned around and walked back towards her.

“And for some reason my fiancée doesn’t seem too happy about it. What is going on with you James Jacobs II? I get the feeling that you don’t want me to come here.”  And she didn’t like it. Was e ashamed of her? Did he have some tramp here he was seeing? All kinds of questions began flowing through her head.

“Oh no Pam.  It’s not that at all.  I am just so busy that I won’t have time for lunch. I have to get this schedule out and it is a short turn around.  We spoke about it last night remember.”

“Oh,” she said calming down. “I understand that. I am so-“

She was in the middle of her apology when she heard her both her sons right behind them.

“Daddy. Mommy,” Walt screamed as he came running over.

“Hey,” Trevor said. “So I guess we all will get a tour of your office today. Dad, you didn’t tell me mom would be here to when you called and invited us over.”

It took Pam a split second to digest the information. John had invited over the kids but not her. He wanted to show them around but not her. He was lying to her. How novel, she thought. Or at least she thought it was. Bu maybe this was something he did all the time. She really had no way of knowing being that she had been stuck mostly at the house due to her issues from her accident. The thought was pissing her off. But times were changing. It was time that she got back out in the world full force. And nothing was going to stop her. She would let John know that later. No reason to have a scene in front of the kids.

“I wanted to surprise him,” she told Trevor. “But seems like the surprise is on me.”

“No surprises Pam,” John said.  “How about we all go have lunch together.”

“Great idea,” Pam said calmly and sweetly to her fiancée.  But on the inside she was fired up. She would just bide her time. Tonight, she and John would have a reckoning of sorts.  She would lay it all out and explain how things were going to be from here on out.

 

Time: Afternoon

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Nate sat in the hearing waiting for the panel to read their findings.  He had Eve on his right and Justin on his left. They were both ready to defend him to the death. He knew that with all his heart, but it still did nothing to calm his nerves. Tamara along with Devon, Lily, and Roxy were in his office waiting to hear the news. While Chris and Neil were waiting in his mother’s office. His mom, along with Paul, was sitting in the back of the room. Paul, he thought. He could barely look him in the eyes now.

“I will now read to you the results of the investigation,” said the Chairman of the panel. “It is this panel’s conclusion that Dr. Nathan Hastings Winters is not culpable in the death of Rickey Williams.   All indicators point to Dr. Winters doing his due diligence and following standard medical procedure. He shall be re-instated forthwith. This concludes our hearing.”

Nate immediately let go of the breath it seemed he had been holding since Rickey’s death as he watched the people before him rise to depart.

Eve squeezed his hand and smiled at him.

Justin patted his back and said, “see, you didn’t need us here after all.’

“I guess not,” Nate said.

He turned around to smile at his mother and saw Paul stand up and scream,” Is that all? I want to know what happened to my son.”

“Sir,” the chairman said. “I am sorry for your loss. But this matter is closed.” They continued walking out the door.

“Not until I find out why my son died. I will never let this matter go,” Paul said to their retreating backs.

“Paul,” Olivia said. “Calm down. I will get a copy of the report and see if there is anything in it.”

“Alright,” Paul said. “I hope I can trust you to do the right thing.”

 

Location: McCall Unlimited

Tucker sat in his office going over reports. He was having a hard time concentrating. Normally it would be memories of or fantasizing about his Songbird.  But today was different. He spent a lot of time wondering what was going on with Devon, Roxy, and Tyra. Something wasn’t right there. And his gut was telling him that something was about to hit the fan. And it wasn’t going to be very ugly.  But he just couldn’t fathom what it might be. Roxy had slapped Tyra like she was a feminine rival. Which made no sense being that she had been dating Devon for years now? Maybe they knew each other from before then.

“Tucker,” he heard Chloe say in is doorway. “You have a visitor.”

“A visitor,” Tucker thought. It must be his Songbird.  He wanted to discuss that slap with her anyway. This morning he didn’t have time as he was too busy making love to her. And at the time, that was all that had mattered.

“Afternoon Tucker,” Ashley said as she walked into his office. For half a second Tucker had been disappointed, but then he recovered. He was happy to see Ashley.

“Beauty. Come in. It’s always nice to see you. To what do I owe the honor,” he said walking around his desk to kiss her cheek.

“I wanted to speak with you about something,” she said.

“Shoot,” he said wondering what she could want.

“I have heard a few rumors,” she said.

“Rumors,” he repeated her wondering what they could be.

“Yes. About you. And Harmony,” she said. “Are you two engaged?”

“Yes,” he said walking back around his desk and sitting down in his chair

She stood looking at him. Probably waiting for an explanation. He could almost imagine what she must be thinking.  But he would never defend his love for Yolanda to anyone. If Ashley was expecting that she was not going to get it.

He raised his hands palm upwards in the universal sign for “what’.

“I am just wondering why,” Ashley said.

“Because I am in love with her.”

“You. In love with her. Yolanda. The woman whose name you didn’t even remember three months ago. So I guess it is true then. You were having an affair with her when we were married.”

“No. Yolanda is not the kind of woman who would disrespect marriage vows. None that she had taken herself and not even those taken by someone else. It’s just not her. She is a better woman than that.” When Tucker said the words, he knew that they were a slap in Ashley’s face. She had forsaken vows on both sides.

“Oh please Tucker. You have no clue who this woman is. She tried her best to ensnare Neil when he was married to Dru. Disrobed in front of him and everything. The entire town knows about it. Drucilla made sure of that.”

“Those were probably the effects of the drugs,” Tucker said in defense of Harmony. He knew that she had been on drugs around that time.

“She was sober and clean,” Ashley said looking him in the eyes.

“Are trying to tell me that Neil had an affair with her,” Tucker asked frantically. He didn’t think that it was true. He always saw Chris as the threat.  Not Neil. But it would explain why he was so protective of her.

“I doubt it. Neil is really not that kind of man. When he is committed, he is committed all the way. So are you telling me that you didn’t have an affair with her?”

“No I did not. She and I reconnected after our divorce.”

“Reconnected,” Ashley asked. “I was under the impression that there was no connection in the beginning.”

“I thought so too until we actually sat down and talked. I know exactly who she is now. I was stupid to ever let her get away. And she has forgiven me for being stupid. She loves me warts and all. And I thank God for that,” Tucker said passionately. At that moment, a meeting noticed popped up on his computer monitor reminding him of the press conference at Newman.

“Excuse me,” he said to Ashley. He picked up the remote and turned on the TV.

 

Location: Newman Enterprises

Nikki stood next to Harmony to the side of the room as the press conference got underway. Victor went to the podium and began to speak.

“Newman Enterprises started Newman Cosmetics almost 20 years ago. We had a long term strategy to compete in several markets. Over the years that strategy has changed and grown with the times. But there was always a piece of the puzzle that was missing. Newman Cosmetics has never had a head chemist until now. So, I would like to introduce the world and industry to one of its’ brightest and emerging stars.   As she comes forth, she will discuss some of the new products she has created and will soon put Newman Cosmetics at the top of that new market. Ladies and gentleman, Dr. Tyra Hamilton.”

Tyra stepped to the stage with mild applause. Nikki remembered Tyra from when she was in town a few years ago. She worked at Indigo for Neil and had a sweet young daughter. Of course, they all knew now that Anna was really her niece and was actually Harmony’s biological child.

“Thank you Mr. Newman. I thank you for the faith you have put in me and this opportunity to create new products for women and men alike. I want to speak about our first endeavor. Mirroring the love that Black women have for their natural hair. We plan to put out an entire product line dedicated to just that. It will include Shampoos, conditioners, styling creams, moisturizers, and a protective straightening serum. Each developed and produced with the attention to ingredients that are best for healthy hair. I know that they work because I designed them to be used on myself. I am on a hair journey myself and am my biggest customer. So I ask that all you consumers join me in my journey.  Thank you,” Tyra said.

Tyra stepped away from the podium to a loud applause.

Nick stepped up to the microphone and said, “We will now take questions. Essence magazine, you’re first.”

“Can you tell us a little bit more about Ms. Hamilton’s educational and career background?”

As questions were taken and answered, Nikki turned to Harmony.

“It must be nice to have your sister in town.” Nikki wished her own sister would move back to Genoa City.

“Yes it is. You already know my story so I won’t go into that. But I think that this is a perfect time for us to be close again. And I know going through the history that it would take to achieve that closeness is a threat to my sobriety,” Harmony said.

“I understand. There is nothing like having to face your past mistakes to make one yearn. But if you ever need someone to talk to, I am available.”

“Would I seem too eager if I took you up on that and said tonight? I could really use it. And not just about my sister either,” Harmony said.

Ah, it must be about a man, Nikki thought.  Katherine had told her that Harmony and Tucker were engaged. And it had been rocky before the engagement. She knew what it was like to be married to an all-powerful and controlling man. As a matter of fact, she could use a friend who knew what that was like. Katherine was great support. But they were in different eras in their lives.  There were times when she needed some understanding. Something she rarely found with Katherine when it came to Victor.

“No. I think we both could use a good meal,” Nikki said.

 

Location:  McCall Private Jet

Roxy and Devon had left the hospital right after hearing the good news about Nate. Now they had just taken off and she still had no clue where he was taking her. It was a lot of travel for one night but she wasn’t complaining. She guessed it was just something she would have to get used to as the fiancée of the Crown Prince of Genoa City.  She laughed at the nickname that Devon had been given by the paparazzi and socialites. He would never like nor embrace it.

When they got to their cruise altitude, Devon unfastened his seatbelt then hers. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her softly on the lips.

She had missed him today. It was the day after their first night together in over a month. Having his arms around her and kissing her was enough to throw her hormones into overdrive. She long ago had discovered that the more she made love to Devon, the more she wanted to make love to him. And right now, her body was abuzz. She sighed and pressed more firmly to deepen the kiss.

Devon, as if trained, took that as a sign.  He slipped his tongue past her lips into her mouth and she rubbed hers against it.  He broke the kiss to trail his lips lightly across her cheek to whisper in her ear.  “I missed you so much today,” he said in a husky voice.

“I missed you too,” she said breathing hard.

He lifted his head to look into her eyes.

“I am sorry about Tyra. I had no idea she was coming back to town,” he said looking pained.

“She is a non-entity,” Roxy said cupping his face in both her hands and kissing him softly on the lips again. “I know you are worried that her presence will derail us. But it won’t. I have forgiven you and forgotten her.”

“I was hoping that we could get past what happened and be family again,” he said softly.

Roxy loved Devon with all she had in her and would do anything for him. But he must be high if he ever thought that she would ever consider Tyra family. It would never happen. She opted not to tell him that. Instead she trailed her hands from his face to down to his waist and under his shirt to touch his skin beneath.

Why in the world were they talking about Tyra when they were together alone on a plane. And he was looking more handsome than ever and smelling absolutely delicious, she thought angling her face to kiss his neck.

She rubbed her hands from his stomach to his chest repeatedly. Feeling the hard muscles underneath his smooth skin.

“Foxy,” he moaned. “I was hoping we could talk about this.”

She pulled out of his arms and stood in front of him between his legs.

“We can talk. But we don’t need words to do it,” she said and proceeded to take off her clothes. He watched her silently until she had on nothing but her underwear. A burnt orange lace bra and boy cut panty set. She knew that her nipples were hard and visible through her bra. “So what’s it going to be Mr. Winters,” she asked challengingly.

 

Location:  Office of Leslie Abramson

Leslie sat behind her desk listening to Paul Williams’ story about the death of his son. He left out important names but those were not relevant. The story and the facts are what mattered. And from where she was sitting it sounds like he was right in his pursuit of the truth. Something had to have been missing.

“Mr. Williams,” she began but was interrupted.

“Call me Paul,” he said politely.

“Paul,” she said. “Something doesn’t seem to be adding up. So here are your options. Take it to the authorities. And if that doesn’t get you anywhere, there is always a civil suit.”

“I don’t want money,” he said.

Paul was like most people who didn’t understand the real purpose of a civil suit. Many people thought it was about money. But no. It wasn’t. It was a way for the law to get the next best thing to a guilty verdict and jail time. Sometimes, they even prompt the authorities to pursue a criminal trial.

“I understand how you must feel. But sometimes a civil suit serves a high purpose than just money. It is about accountability. And it seems to me that in the case of your late son, someone is liable.

“Okay. Will you be my attorney,” he asked.

“I would like nothing better,” she said.  After all, getting justice for the voiceless is the only reason that she went into the law.

 

Location: McCall Unlimited

Ashley watched Tucker turn off the TV and turn back towards her. She felt that sad sinking feeling that she hadn’t felt in a long time. The kind that would eventually be accompanied by depression and hallucinations. She was heartbroken that all her hard work on her line would soon be overshadowed by the line being developed at Newman Cosmetics.  One that their head chemist designed and uses herself. A perfect marketing strategy she had to admit. Which added to her ill feelings.

She looked back at Tucker who stared at her nervously.

“Tucker, I have to ask. You knew what I was working on in my lab. I know you are on the board of directors at Newman. Did you tip them off?”

“Beauty. Come on. I wouldn’t do that to you.”

She had to admit that he seemed genuine. But then he always seemed genuine and more times than not he wasn’t.

“Really,” she asked.

“Yes really. If it makes you feel any better, I didn’t realize that this press conference had stepped on your toes until you said so just now. I had forgotten all about your new project until now.”

No, that didn’t make Ashley feel better. She didn’t know what was worse. Having Tucker betray her or have him find her so uninteresting that he couldn’t remember one of the most important things going on in her life.

“I am not surprised at all that you don’t remember,” she said bitterly.

He rose from his chair and came around to stand in front of her.  He raised his hand to touch her cheek but she stepped away. How dare he try to comfort her?

“Listen Ash. Now I may not have been as attentive as I should have been. Me not remembering is a big indicator of that. I am sorry. I really am. But I would never give away your hard earn work. I still care about you.”

“Oh please. Save it. And I don’t think for one second that you ever loved me. Nor if you did would you ever let it get in the way of business. You have always been a cold hearted liar who was incapable of making a real commitment. I hope Candy Cane, Harmony, Yolanda or whatever she calls herself nowadays knows that. But I am sure that if she doesn’t, she will soon find out. Goodbye Tucker,” Ashley said on a sneer and walked out.

 

 

Location:  McCall Private Jet

Devon sat looking up at Roxy. When they first started the physical aspects of their relationship, she was very shy.  Over the years, she had become more emboldened. But this saucy little wench standing before him issuing challenges was new aspect of her personality. And be darned if it wasn’t just as sexy as her sweetness.  He looked down her body to her painted toe nails and slowly up her legs to her thighs over his panty covered goodies to her flat stomach to her full breast and back to her eyes. She was gorgeous. And testing him. But she had no idea what she was trying to unleash. When she had broken up with him, and especially that night when he had seen her with Chance, it had taken everything in him not to take her home and tie her to his bed.  To beg and plead, to make love to her, to buy her whatever she wanted, to promise her whatever she wanted, to change his life, or just change himself. To do anything it would take to get her to agree to be his wife. Any possibility of her leaving him brought out those primitive feelings in him. He had them all day. He was beginning to feel like a freak. Roxy often called him one but he didn’t think she realized how close to the truth she was.

He reached up and took off his tie and wrapped it around his hand. He placed both his hands on her waist and moved her back a little so that he had room to stand up.

He gestured with his right hand towards the bedroom in the back of the plane.

She gave him a self-satisfied feminine smile and turned towards the bedroom. He licked his lips as he watched her hips sway as she walked ahead of him.

When they made it into the room she lay down in the bed and he threw his tie on the bed beside her.

He unhurriedly took off his clothes as he watched her lay back on the pillows then slide under the covers. Her beautiful black hair stark against the white pillows. After he finished undressing he slipped in beside her and pulled her into his arms as he settled between her legs. Her arms went around his neck and she held on tightly. He kissed her softly on the lips at first. But she didn’t want soft. She deepened the kiss by opening her mouth and he went along with her demands. He repeatedly plundered her mouth with his tongue and she matched the passion in his kiss with a passion of her own. He raised his head to look into her eyes.

I love you, her eyes said. 

“I love you too Roxy,” he said in a husky voice.

“How did you know that is what I was thinking,” she said amazed.

“You’re right. We can communicate without talking,” he said laughing. “But I think our marriage will work best if we communicate.”

“You’re right,” she said smiling up at him. “Some subjects are off limits though. And you know what they are.”

“Whatever makes you happy,” he said. Devon was for anything that kept her engaged to him. And if ignoring the elephant in the room that was Tyra would do that then so be it. Tyra who?

“You know what,” he asked her.

“What,” she said rubbing her one of her hands down to squeeze his butt.  The feel sent a shiver down his spine. He flexed his hips involuntarily which cause him to rub himself against her. He could feel her heat and moisture through her panties.

“I have been fantasizing all day about tying you to my bed,” he said laughing softly to take some of the weight off the urge. If she knew how serious he was about it, she would probably say no.

“You are such a freak,” she said laughing.

“I admit that. But you seem to like it,” he said to ensure to himself that she did like it. He held his breath waiting for her answer.

“I do like it. Every way that we make love is beautiful. I enjoy every demand you make of me. Even when you start in with your commands. It’s arousing. Sexy. You’re sexy,” she said softly looking into his eyes.

“Not nearly as sexy as you,” he said unfastening her strapless bra throwing it on the flow.

He licked her nipple slowly. Then licked across her chest to perform the act on the other one. They both beaded up into tight, hard little buds. He raised his head and lifted up on his arms to look down at them then back up into her eyes.

“So, what’s it going to be Foxy? Can I tie you up,” he asked.

 

 

Roxy lay looking up at Devon. He wants to tie me up, she said to herself. She ran the thought around in her head to see how she felt about it. If the rush of moisture that she felt dripping from her folds and the clenching if her inner walls was any indication, she liked it very much.

“Yes,” she said.

He eyes got large for a second before he gave her a twinkling eyed smile. She had surprised him. It was nice to know that she could.

Devon reached for the tie he had lay on the bed earlier. He kissed one of her wrist and tied it. He looped the tie through the iron slits in the bed then kissed her other wrist and tied it. Neither was tied very tightly so she felt she could pull loose if she wanted to. Both her arms were above her head.

He then leaned up onto his knees between her legs. He lifted one of her legs then the other at the knee to push them forward. He reached under her to remove her panties then also threw them on the floor.

“I would do anything for you Roxanne. Anything. Just love me. Stay with me. Be my wife. Please,” he said as he rubbed his hand against her abdomen and the other on her leg.

“Devon,” she sighed then lifted her hand in an effort to touch his face and remembered that she was tied to the bed when her hands wouldn’t go further than the sides of her face.  She pulled a little to see if she could get free but realized it was futile and stopped.

Devon eyes caught her slight struggle and gleamed.

“Would you like me to untie you,” he asked.

“Do you want to untie me,” Roxy asked.

“No. I want to make love to you like this. This way, you can only just feel how much I love you. How much I worship you. How much I need you. How much I desire you.”

With his words, she felt another gush of moisture between her legs.

He lifted her leg to kiss the instep of her foot and trailed light kisses down her leg to the inside of her upper thigh. He sucked on that sensitive spot and felt her stomach muscles clench.

“Mmm,” she moaned.

He then kissed the inside of the other thigh and slowly kissed up her leg over her knee to the instep of her foot.

He leaned down and kissed her lower abdomen and trailed kisses and light bites up her stomach to the underside of her breast. He licked one then the other.  He then sucked one nipple into his mouth while rubbing the other with his thumb. Then he switched sides and sucked on the other while he rubbed the other with his thumb.

By the time he lifted his head and kissed her softly on the lips, she was panting so hard that she could barely catch her breath. And she was so aroused that she could feel her inner walls pulling and tightening preparing for her orgasm.

He kissed and licked back down her body the same way he had come up it. When he got to her abdomen, he opened her legs wide. He stared at her folds and used one finger to trace up one side then down the other.

“You’re so wet,” he said against her.

A low moan was the only reply she could give him.

He dipped his head and she felt the tip of his tongue swirl around her clitoris. Before she could stop herself, she was coming hard.

“Aaaaaah,” she screamed.

Devon slowly rubbed his thumb against her clitoris to prolong her orgasm. When she finished shuddering she looked up at him as stroked himself then lowered his body down atop hers.

“Did you enjoy that,” he asked her huskily.

She nodded her head yes because she knew that her voice would be nowhere to be found.

“Me too,” he said as he rubbed himself at her opening coating himself in her essence. Then he pushed slowly into her. 

“Aaah,” she screamed lightly.

 

 

Devon lay atop Roxy looking down into her beautiful face.  She was so wet and tight. The feel of her around him was mind numbing.

He began moving in and out of her to a slow yet steady rhythm. But at the moment that wasn’t enough. He needed to see her. He needed to see where their bodies were connected. He got up on his knees and maneuvered two pillows underneath her bottom so that he could enter her more smoothly in that position.

He pushed back in and watched himself enter her. The sight was just as magical as it always was. He began to move again in a steady rhythm and she moaned on his every stroke.

He looked up from where they were connected to allow his eyes to travel over her body. He passed over her quivering belly to her full bouncing breast to her gorgeous face. She had her eyes closed. And with her hands bound above her head, he didn’t think that she had ever looked more beautiful.

Devon had always scoffed at skeptics. Those people that didn’t believe in God or some higher power. Because watching Roxy now and feeling the perfect way they fit together, he knew that she belonged with him. That God had made her just for him.

He used one hand to hold her steady and the other to trail up her stomach to capture her breast and rolled her nipple between thumb and finger.

“Devon,” she screamed as she came again. The pulsing of her walls pushed him over into his own orgasm.

“I love you,” he said to her as he came.

 

 

Location: Newman Enterprises

After the press conference, Victor stood there watching his sons fall all over themselves trying to get Tyra’s attention. She was a beauty. No doubt about that. But he was done watching his sons fight over women. Besides, Tyra didn’t seem to be enjoying their display at all.

“Tyra, allow me to show you to your office,” Adam said.

“I was just about to do that after I showed her around and introduced her to some of the people she would be working with,” Nick said.

“That can wait for later. I am sure she wants to unpack her bags, so to speak, before she jumps into working.”

“I am sure that she would rather meet people then get settled in. It makes more sense to me anyways.”

“Nick. Adam. I think that I would rather go to HR first and make sure things are settled before I go to the office or meet anyone.”

“Naaaah,” Nick said waving his hand. “There is no fun in that. Office gossip is where the good time is,” he said laughing.

Tyra couldn’t help herself from laughing in return. Nick’s dimpled smile was infections.

“If only we all came to work to have a good time like you brother. Some of us have to work for our wages,” Adam said.

“But I ne-,” Tyra began but was cut off by Nick speaking to Adam.

“Adam, you are just jealous that I have eons of experience at Newman over you,” Nick said.

“Sure, because everyone knows that most of your time you coasted off the Newman name,” Adam said.

Victor had heard enough. Tyra didn’t need to know too much about the Newman rivalry in her first 10 minutes. He walked over to his sons arguing back and forth and said to Tyra, “May I have a word with you in private.”

“Yes sir,” she said as they walked off together to leave Nick and Adam both looking at their backs.

 

Location:  McCall Private Island

A man who looked like Lily’s  dead husband stood on the beach of Tucker’s private island. He had been there for months after stowing away on the plane when Tucker and Ashley had gone on their honeymoon. But now, he was sure things had died down and was ready to return back to civilization. He had spent months avoiding the small amount of staff on the tiny island whose job was to upkeep the area and keep it habitable. He wondered how long it would take for Tucker and Ashley to come back for a visit. He needed to get off the island to see Lily. He was getting desperate. Then he saw a plane in the distance ready to land.

 

 

Episode 24: I Missed You by Diva58

 

 

Episode 24:

Time: Same day of last Episode, Early Evening

Location: Jacobson House

Pam sat down on the couch next to John. She was still pissed from earlier today and couldn’t figure out what his issue with her was.  She had racked her brain most of the day trying to think of the reasons for his behavior but decided to stop wasting her time.  She decided to just brow beat it out of him later.  So now she looked at his handsome face and scowled. Preparing to beat his brow.

“Okay John. What happened today,” she asked.

“What do you mean,” he said reaching out to hold her hand in his as he looked her in the eyes. 

“You know exactly what I mean,” she scoffed taking her hand away. He had some nerve acting all innocent.

“Okay. Okay,” he said grabbing her hand again and intertwining their fingers. “I just don’t trust my bosses.”

“You don’t trust your bosses,” she said. “And what does that have to do with me visiting your office pray tell.” Pam felt herself getting more upset and she had vowed to stay calm for this discussion.  Getting riled up would only put John on the defensive and that is not what she wanted. She hoped she could hold it together. But if he kept making dumb vague statements, she knew that she would be pissed soon.

“Yeah,” he said. “They just seem like the type of guys that would go for you.”

“The type of guys that would go for me,” she asked looking at him. Pam didn’t think that there was a certain type of guy that would be more inclined to approach her. She thought that most men would do that. Not trying to toot her own horn or anything but she did have a mirror. She knew that she was very attractive.

“Yes,” he said looking at their hands.

“John, stop being cryptic. Just spit it out,” she said pulling her hand loose and standing up to face him as he remained seated.

“Okay, Okay,” he said moving his hands up and down slowly with the palms facing down in the universal sign to calm down. He took a deep breath then said, “They are wealthy and smart.”

 “James,” she said in a tone she would use for Walt to let him know that she was reaching the end of her patience.

“And black,” he said looking up at her.

Oh, so that’s what this is, Pam said to herself. James thought that she would leave him for some random Black man. How stupid.

“Really, John. Really,” she said facing him with her hands on her hips.

“Not just that. I mean,” he said nervously. “You would probably have more in common with them.”

“Do you realize how ridiculous you sound,” she said turning away from him.  “As if I would leave you for the first black man I see walking the streets. As if I am so fickle. Ha,’ she scoffed.

“No,” he said rising to stand behind her. “It’s just that you are so beautiful and smart. So well dressed. And such a social butterfly now that you no longer suffer from the effects of your accident. Maybe I just feel like you are too good for me.”

She turned back around to look at his handsome face. “John,” she said. “I love you and our family. You and they mean the world to me. I am not going anywhere.”

“You promise,” he said kissing her softly on the lips.

“Yes, I promise. You’re stuck with me,” she said smiling in return.

“Okay,” he said.

“I need you to trust me. Just trust me.”

“Okay,” he said again.

“But listen now. I won’t be stuck at the house anymore. We are in a new city and I want to get out and meet people. Get an active social life and make some new friends. Do some volunteer work or something. Maybe even get a job,” she said thoughtfully.

“You don’t need a job Pam.” John said.

“If I decide that I want a job and I find something that is a good fit, then I will get a job. Point. Blank. Period. So get used to the idea.”

They stared at each other for a while then he said, “A job it will be then.”

 

Location: Tucker McCall’s Private Island

A man who looks like Lily’s dead husband watched the pilot exit the plane and head into the servant’s house on the grounds of the island. He waited a while and when he saw the lights go out in the house, he walked onto the airplane to find a place to hide in preparation for his long awaited flight off the island.

 

Location: Dr. Brad Elliot’s Office

Callie walked down the hallway in search of Dr. Brad Elliot’s office. He was a Psychiatrist that her counselor in LA had hooked her up with. She was a little nervous about her first appointment with him but she needed to speak with someone about her date this afternoon with Chris. 

He was so handsome and such a gentleman.  There were times throughout the date where she felt a little overwhelmed with his touch and his nearness. It wasn’t that she didn’t want his touch or him near. In her heart she felt ready to date again. But it seemed her body had some old habits that were very hard to kick. She tried to mask it but she knew that Chris had seen it. And when he did, he always backed away. She appreciated his consideration for her.  She knew from experience that many guys would overlook her uneasiness and take what they wanted anyway. Chris didn’t seem to be that kind of guy.

She located the office, walked in, and sat down next to a woman. After getting settled she looked at the woman, who smiled back at her nervously.

She knew this woman. Or at least she thought that she did.

“Hey, don’t I know you,” Callie said.

“Yes. I think we were both patients of Dr. Hayes in LA.”

That’s right. This increased the odds that they both would be here at this doctor’s office too.

“Hello,” Callie said holding out her hand. “It’s nice to see a familiar face isn’t it.”

“Yes, I am a little nervous to tell you the truth. My name is Tyra Hamilton,” the woman said shaking her hand.

“Callie McCall. How long have you been in Genoa City?”

“I just arrived this morning. I left LA for a new job at Newman Enterprises. What about you” Tyra said.

“My job relocated here. Not sure if I like it yet.”

“I understand. New cities can be tough. Especially when you don’t know anyone. I have had my fair share of that,” Tyra said.

“Oh no. I don’t really have that problem. My uncle lives here and one of my friends.”

“Yeah. I have a sister and a nephew here,” Tyra said. But then her faced turned sad, “but I am not sure if they will have much to do with me though.”

Callie looked at Tyra’s sad face and saw a kindred spirit. There must be a reason that they were both here at the same time after having both been patients of the same doctor in LA.

“You know what Tyra. Providence has put us here together at the same time for a reason. I think that we are destined to be friends.”

“You think so. A friend would be nice. I don’t have many of those.”

“Neither do I.”

At that moment, the doctor came out and said, “Tyra Hamilton.”

“That’s me.”

“Great. Step into my office.”

Tyra stood then reached in her purse and pulled out a business card.  “Call me. Maybe we could go to lunch sometimes.”

“I will do that,” Callie said taking the card and putting it in her purse.

 

Location:  Newman Ranch

Harmony sat across from Nikki eating dinner.

“This is nice isn’t it,” Nikki said smiling at her.

“Yes it is. And I thank you for having me over. I am sure that you are probably very busy.”

“Would it surprise you if I said that I wasn’t,” Nikki said laughing. “But things are looking up. In a few months, I hope to be very busy.”

“Doing what? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Well no one really knows about this yet.  And nothing is official but Lily and I plan to start selling her jewelry when she finishes school.”

“That’s great. Sounds exciting,” Harmony said.

“It is. I am really excited about it. I haven’t had a job in a long while. It’s been years. To be honest, Victor doesn’t say this but he doesn’t really like me to work.”

“I know the feeling.”

“Tucker too,” Nikki asked.

“Yes. He pretends that it is where I work. But I get the feeling that no matter where it is, he wouldn’t like it. And now he wants a baby. And I know that if-“

“A what,” Nikki said surprisingly.

“You heard me. A baby. My kids are almost grown now. And I don’t know if I want to bring another child in the world with my track record. And then I am enjoying working. Is it selfish of me to be thinking of a job,” Harmony asked. She had spent years putting her addiction above her kids. And now she thinking of her job above a new baby. She felt bad for even thinking that way.

“Not at all. There is nothing wrong with these thoughts. Let’s be honest here. Women do much of the child rearing. A baby will affect your life more than his. You will have a nanny to help you if you need one. But still. You won’t be able to just hand total care over to the nanny. While men can do that, we, women, are blessed with guilt,” Nikki said. “A trait that men lack,” she finished with a laugh.

“When you’re right. You are right,” Harmony said. “I don’t think it is a good time right now with trying to build a relationship with Anna. My sister coming to town.” Harmony thought about the slap that Roxy gave Tyra. She has promised that she wouldn’t ask anyone about it until her sister had spoken but curiosity was getting the better of her. She figured, there wouldn’t be any harm in asking Nikki about her last stint in town.

“So, do you remember my sister from when she was last here?”

“Oh yeah. She worked at Neil’s club, Indigo. She was always very sweet and friendly.”

“Do you know why she left?”

“Not really. Anna left to go to school. When she was hired at Newman, I figured that Tyra left to go to school too. Why do you ask? Did you hear something different?”

“No,” Harmony said. “Just wondering.”

“Well, I did hear a rumor that she was having an affair with Neil. I didn’t peg Neil as the affair type so I didn’t believe it. But he did get a divorce from Karen soon after.”

Tyra and Neil, Harmony thought.

“You know what. We need to dinner at least once a week” Nikki said with a smile.

“It’s a standing date,” Harmony said laughing.

 

Location:  Nathan Winters Condo

Nathan had gotten Tamara’s father’s phone number from Devon earlier today at the hospital.  He wanted to speak to Mr. Davis before he asked her to marry him.  Devon had told him that the notion was old fashioned but he didn’t think so.  He had met the man more than once. The first time was at Devon and Roxy’s college graduation. He knew that both Davis sisters were close with their father. And Nathan wanted his marriage to Tamara to work. Part of that entailed him having an amicable relationship with the people that Tamara loved. So he picked up his phone and dialed Allen Davis’ number.

“Hello,” he heard a deep voice say.

“Hello sir. My name is Nathan Winters. I am not sure if you remember me or not.”

“Oooh,” he said. “Yes, I know who you are.”

“Great. So how are you,” Nathan asked. He figured he would start with small talk and work his way up to Tamara.

“I am fine. But somehow I doubt that you are seeking me out to discuss me. What can I do for you Dr. Winters.”

Well since he had asked, Nate went into selling himself and his relationship with Tamara.

“I am not sure if you are aware of this or not but I met your daughter Tamara over three years ago. And we have been close friends ever since.”

 

Allen Davis was a political strategist who currently lived in Washington, DC.  His wife had died over 13 years ago and he hadn’t seen the need to marry again. He had devoted himself to his daughters and his work, with his daughters being the most important thing in his life. And now, if he didn’t know better, Nathan Winters was about to ask him to marry one of them. He wasn’t opposed to it. He had med Nate a few times and liked him. And from listening to his daughters talk about the young man, Nate was dedicated to Tamara.  And Tamara, the stubborn clueless girl, was in love with Nate.  He knew that Nate had been patient with Tamara and accepted her friendship when it had been obvious he had wanted more. That was the kind of man he wanted his daughters to be with. Not at all like his cousin Devon who had thought nothing of breaking his baby girl’s heart.

“Yes. I am aware of that,” he told Nathan after the young man had spent 10 minutes explaining his 3 year friendship with Tamara.

“I am not sure if you know that Tamara and I are now dating,” the serious youngster said.

“Yes, she told me that you were.”

He heard Nate take a deep breath then say, “I plan to ask Tamara to marry me and I would like to ask for your permission to do so.”

Finally, he had gotten to the point of the call.

“So, you want to marry my daughter,” Allen said.

“Yes sir.”

“Why?”

“Because I love her and think she would make the perfect wife.”

This was typical of young people nowadays. They get married with these expectations and when they were not fully met they got a divorce and moved on to make the same mistake again.  He didn’t want his daughter falling into the category.

“Nate. My daughter, for as much as I love her, is not perfect. Marriage is not about having a perfect partner. It’s about love and, most of all, commitment,” Allen said.

“Sir, with all due respect, I know that. I am committed to Tamara. I think I have proven that.”

Well Allen couldn’t argue with that. He was never inclined to say no to this young man. But he hoped not to receive a call like this from his cousin. Ever.

“Nate, I think that you and Tamara will work well together. I hope she says yes.”

“Thank you.”

 

Location:  Lily Ashby’s House

Lily had just put the twins down for a nap and was waiting for the baby sitter.  She was going to meet her family for dinner tonight to celebrate Nate being re-instated at the hospital. It was also a big night for her because this was her first time bringing someone to a family gathering since Cane had died. It was her and Trevor’s coming out party where it would be official to the world that they were now a couple. She was a little nervous about it. She had no doubts that her family would approve of him but it was just the thought of being coupled off had her on edge and a little melancholy.  She still missed Cane. She figured that a part of her always would. But she was happy to be with Trevor. More happy than she had been since before Cane’s lies came about. She never quite trusted him the same. But Trevor was different. She trusted him with her entire heart.  She was broken out of her thoughts when the door rang. Hopefully it was the babysitter, she thought as she reached for the door knob. She opened the door and it was Trevor.

“Hey,” she said and stood back to allow him to enter. She closed the door behind him then said, “I am still waiting on the ba-“

She was cut off by him stepping towards her and pressing her body against the door with his own. She looked up into his eyes and saw a fire burning there. Her insides turned to jelly at the contact of his body pressed up against hers. She raised her hands to his shoulders to steady herself.

“Lily,” he said in a deep voice before capturing her mouth in a soul stirring kiss. One that reminded her how much she wanted him. Just how much she craved him. She sighed from her need. As she did so he deepened the kiss by pushing his tongue into her mouth.  Her stomach muscles clenched in rhythm with every swipe of his tongue.

He released her kiss swollen lips and stared into her eyes. It was as if he was searching for something but she didn’t know what.

“What,” she asked shakily.

“I am wondering if you missed me as much as I missed you today,” he said in the same deep voice he had used to say her name earlier. And it was wreaking havoc on her senses. She felt the vibrations all the way to the tips of her toes.

“Yes Trevor. I missed you,” she said softly rubbing her hands across his broad shoulders.

“How much,” he asked with a small smile.

This much she said as she raised up to give him a fierce kiss that rivaled the one that he given her just a few seconds ago. 

 

When Trevor walked in, the sight of Lily in her low cut dress had him wanting to be inside her. Although he had vowed they would wait a little while longer, he saw kissing her as one way to satisfy his need. And he couldn’t wait to seize the moment of being inside her in some way. But she had turned the tables on him. And Trevor was getting more aroused than was good for him at the moment as Lily kissed him in a way that she never had before.  Typically, it was him the aggressor to Lily’s innocence. But this aggressive Lily was just as arousing as sweet Lily. Almost too arousing.

“Mmmm,” he moaned as the hot, sweet taste of her flooded his mouth. He almost lost himself at the soft feel of her tongue sweeping against his own.

He raised one hand from her waist to cup her breast. They were ripe and firm as he rubbed his thumb across the nipple. She moaned into his mouth at the stimulation.  He realized at that moment that she didn’t have on a bra with the low cut dress and decided to see her which was something he had been obsessing over for a while.

He broke their kiss and raised his head to look her in the eyes. He uncovered her right breast and smiled at her. She gave him a shy smile in return before he slowly lowered his eyes to take in her beauty. And what beauty it was.

“Lily, you’re perfect,” he said.

“Thank you,” she said.

He lifted his hand in anticipation of touching her bare flesh but then stopped with his hand in mid air.

“May I,” he asked her. He didn’t have to clarify. She knew what he was asking.

“Yes,” she said breathlessly.

He cupped her breast in the palm of his hand then rubbed his thumb lightly over her nipple. It instantly hardened to a tight bud. He felt the shudder pass through at his touch.

He lowered his mouth back to hers in a seering kiss as he continued to rub her nipple. He wanted to taste her so he left her lips and trailed kiss down her neck, over her chest to hover above her nipple. He lifted her breast with his hand and took her nipple deeply into his mouth.

“Trevor,” she moaned over and over again as he sucked, bit, and licked her nipple. The taste of her breast was just as sweet as her lips.  After a few minutes of loving her breast, they both were breathing hard. He could tell by the sweat on Lily’s skin that she was ready to come. He rubbed one hand slowly down her soft thigh and lifted it at the knee so that it was wrapped around his upper thigh. He snuggled his erection in her most intimate place and was surprised at the heat he could feel through his clothes.

He released her nipple and allowed his breath to fan across it as he said, “I can tell you want to come Lily. I can feel it. I want you to come too. But you have to say the magic words.”

“Yes,” she moaned with her eyes closed.

“That’s not it sweetheart,” he said raising his head from her breast to look at her face. She opened her eyes and looked at him confused. “Say, make me come daddy.”

Her eyes searched his for a few heartbeats. Probably to determine if he was serious. He was very serious. But she would learn. Then she gave him a bold smile then said in a sultry and sexy whisper, “make me come daddy.”

Yes, a voice screamed in his head. He kissed Lily again while exploring her mouth and trailed his right hand that had been cupping her breast down her stomach over her dress to lift the hem line. He reached under it and cupped her mound over her panties with his hand and felt the moisture. Her panties were soaking wet.

His lady was ready for him, he thought. He pulled her panties to the side and rubbed his fingers back and forth lightly over her folds. Then he slipped one finger inside of her as he rubbed her clitoris with his thumb.

“Trevor,” she moaned into his mouth. She shivered as he began to slowly and repeatedly push his finger in and out of her. When she started to move her hips in time to the thrust of his finger, he replaced one finger with two. Stretching her and going deeper.

“Ahhhh,” she screamed into is mouth as he felt her clench around his fingers.  He stopped thrusting his fingers but rubbed her clitoris lightly with his thumb to draw out her pleasure.  He raised his head to look at her face as wave after wave washed through her body. He didn’t think it possible for her to look more beautiful than she did right now.

She opened her eyes and smiled at him.

“Wow,” she said.

“Wow is right,” he said lowering her leg and pulling her dress over her breast.  He took a step back. “You probably should wash up before we go.”

“We don’t have to go. I mean, we can stay here. If you like,” she said with a shy smile.

He knew what she was offering him. And lord knows he wanted it. But were they ready? He wasn’t sure just yet. And he wanted more than just sex from Lily. He could wait until the time was right.

“Go wash up Lily,” he said softly looking at her.

She walked up to him and cupped his face in her hand.

“Trevor,” she said softly. “I want to be with you.”

The sound of those words coming from his sweet Lily was hard to turn away from. “I…I,” he stammered as he warred with himself. He closed his eyes to regain his resolve. Then the door bell rang.

“That must be the sitter,” she said. “We can send her away.”

“It’s a big night for Nate. We shouldn’t miss it. Go wash up and I will let the sitter in. Okay,” he pleaded with her.

“Okay,” she said turning and walking towards the bathroom.

 

Location: Tucker McCall’s Private Island

 

Roxy lay in Devon’s arms in the middle of a king sized bed. Her head rested on his chest as she rubbed her hand across hard planes of his stomach.

“Wow, this place is really nice huh,” she asked.

“Yes it is,” Devon said. Then kissed the top of her head as he held her firm with one arm and rubbed his hand up and down her back with the other.

“How are things between you and Tucker? I noticed the look on your face when we walked in and caught them necking,” she said laughing softly.

“I see that he is not such a bad guy. He has his faults but I do think that he really loves my mom. And he treats her with respect. I like that. I can respect him for that.”

“So do you have any regrets?”

“Regrets” he questioned.

“Yes. Regrets about your life,” she said softly. “Maybe wish that your biological parents had been able to raise you together.”

“Roxy, there were times when that was all that I wanted. But then I would not have met the Winters family. And I wouldn’t trade that experience or their love for anything.”

“Well, I must admit that Roxanne Winters has a certain ring to it,” she said laughing.  “But if you had not been adopted by them, I wouldn’t know you anyway. There is no way you would have gone to GCU.”

“Eee,” she squeals in surprise as Devon rolled her over onto her back. He rose up on his elbows and settled between her legs. He slowly lowered his head and kissed her deeply.

“Mmmm,” he moaned into her mouth. The sound of his voice and feel of it into her mouth pulled a responding moan from her.

“Mmmm” she moaned as she felt her body respond to his with a gush of moisture between her legs.

He lifted his head and looked into her eyes.

“You are my soul mate. Sooner or later, my soul would have found yours no matter where we had gone to college,” Devon said.

“I love you,” she said drowning in his eyes.

“I love you more,” he said lowering his head to take her lips again.

 

Location: Dr. Brad Elliot’s Office

Tyra sat across from the doctor who was reading her file from Dr. Hayes.  Her mind wandered back to her first day at work. It was one of the few things that she had accomplished in her life that she was proud of. It had gone well.  All except for the Newman brothers arguing for no reason. She could tell that they might pose a threat to her peaceful work life and was not impressed. She could also tell that they both were aggressive and accustomed to getting their way. All she had wanted was to see HR first to make sure her insurance would cover her doctor appointment today. But they both had an idea of what she should be doing. She was happy that their father rescued her from their chest thumping.  Which she had to admit was amusing and annoying all at the same time.

“Tyra, tell me why you felt the need to come here today,” Dr. Elliot says as he looks up at her with a smile.

“I need to tell my sister what happened with her son,” Tyra said.

“And,” he asked.

“And I am very nervous about it. I haven’t felt this way in a long time.”

“I can imagine. What do you think your sister’s response will be?”

“Disgust. Loathing. Hatred ,” Tyra said. This is how she felt about herself so it only followed that everyone else would feel the same.

“No compassion,” the doctor asked.

“I don’t see that being anywhere near the discussion.”

“Does she know about the abuse?”

“No”

“Here is my advice. Tell her about the abuse. Then tell her about her son. She has made mistakes herself. I think you will be surprised at the outcome.”

“I am just not ready to talk to her about it,” Tyra said.

“Do you want her to hear about this from someone else?”

“No.”

“Then you know what you have to do. Every moment you wait, increases the chances that this will occur.”

 

Location:  Newman Ranch

Nikki and Harmony were just finishing up their dinner.

“Would you like some coffee Mrs. Newman,” the maid said.

“Coffee,” Nikki asked.

“Yes. Thank you,” Harmony said.

“I will bring it right back,” the maid said.

“I have monopolized enough of the conversation talking about my kids. How are yours,” Harmony asked. Nikki was grateful for the question. She hadn’t had anyone to really confide in,  who would understand, about her children. Katherine was a different point in her life where she had stopped internalizing her kids’ failures and her sister didn’t have any children.

“Victoria is getting a divorce from Billy.”

“I’m sorry,” Harmony said concerned.

“I knew something was going on with them. But Victoria would not confide in me. So I have no clue what is going on. No one does apparently. I just hope Victor had nothing to do with it.”

“Victor,” Harmony asked surprise. “Certainly you don’t think he-“

Nikki cut her off because she knew what she was going to say.

“Of course he would do something,” Nikki said getting upset. “He never wanted them together and fought it every step of the way.  He has a history of doing horrible things trying to protect his kids.  And no matter what I say, he will do it anyway.”

Harmony reached out and grabbed her hand in a comforting gesture.

Harmony smiled and said, “Hey, I understand. It’s upsetting. Especially when you suspect Victor. I have a feeling that Tucker will probably be the same way. He is just on his best behavior right now with Devon.”

“For your and Devon’s sake, I hope he is nothing like Victor.”

“But you seem to handle Victor so well.  And here I was ready to ask your advice.”

“My advice,” Nikki laughed. “You obviously don’t know my history. It is very rocky.”

“No rockier than mine. We met at an AA meeting. We were both there,” Harmony laughed. 

“That is very true,” Nikki said continuing to laugh.

 

Location:  Tamara Davis’ Apartment (n)

Tamara had a long day. Arguing with Phyllis and Billy had her spirits down but they were brought back high when Nate was reinstated at the hospital. But then she had gone back to work only to be depressed again. Nate’s family had decided to throw him a celebration and although she wasn’t much in the mood for socializing, she would put on her best face for Nate. She looked at the clock as she applied moisturizer to her skin. She was running late. Nate was due to pick her up any moment now was her thought when she heard her doorbell ring.  He was here. She put on her short satin pink robe and ran to open the door for him.

“I’m sorry,” she said hastily as he walked in with a bright smile looking edible wearing a charcoal grey, tailored, three piece suit and a lavender shirt with no tie. “I’m late.”

“No surprises there,” he drawled looking down her body then back up to her face. “Take your time.”

“Thank you,” she said hastily kissing him on the lips. Even that small amount of contact gave her butterflies.  She smiled at him then turned and walked off heading back into her bedroom expecting him to sit down and wait for her. But instead she heard his voice behind her as she continued to walk.

“As a matter of fact, I like when you’re late. It’s one of those endearing quirks of yours that I love,” he said.  She didn’t have to see his face to know he was smiling. She could hear it in his voice.

“I don’t do it on purpose you know,” she said smiling in return as she bent over to get makeup out of her vanity. Just as she was standing back up she heard his deep voice in her ear. 

“I know,” he whispered sexily.  She jumped because she wasn’t expecting him to be so close.

She turned around to find herself pinned in and surrounded by his maleness and cologne with his hands resting on the vanity on each side of her.  She closed her eyes at the sensations wafting through her body as she extended effort to remain in control.

She opened her eyes and looked at him. Then she noticed that he had taken off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves. 

“Nathan,” she warned in a shaky voice.

He didn’t respond verbally but untied her robe then skimmed his right hand lightly over her stomach around her side to palm her butt. Her body responded to the light touch of his sure hands. Hands that she knew first hand were gifted. Hands that could provide her so much pleasure if she allowed it. But they didn’t have time right now. No matter how aroused he was making her.

“Nathan,” she whispered just as his mouth covered hers in a deep and tantalizing kiss. She closed her eyes again to savor the feel of him as he repeatedly pushed his tongue into her mouth. She felt drugged off the taste of him as he lifted his head to stare at her lips.

“Tamara,” he said leaning back to look at her body partially revealed by the robe. “I missed you.”

“Did you now,” she said saucily in an attempt to mask what his nearness what doing to her. She needed to assert some control or they would be late and she didn’t want that.

“Mmmhum,” he said then rubbed a finger on the hand cupping her butt in her juices. He spread them from her opening to her clitoris. “And I do believe that you missed me,” he said arrogantly. Of course she had missed him. Even if she wanted to deny it, her wetness had given her away. There was no use pretending.

“Yes, I missed you,” she said breathlessly. “But we don’t have time for this right now,” she said placing both hands on his chest rubbing them up and down slowly. “Your mother told me that dinner would be served promptly at 8 o’clock and not to be late.  I want her to like me. So being late is not an option.”

“She already likes you,” Nathan said lifting his other hand from the vanity and pulling the robe off her shoulders to fall to the floor. “But I understand your predicament,” he said lifting his hand to cup and lift her full breast as he rubbed the nipple with his thumb. She had to bite down on her lip to stop herself from moaning. “And I hope you understand mine,” he said removing his hand from her breast to tilt her chin up to look into her eyes. “I. Missed. You,” he said punctuating every word with the same conviction she saw in his eyes. “But I will save the main course for later. Right now, I will settle for an appetizer. Can I taste you before we go?”

“Nathan,” she sighed again as she felt her inner muscles contract at his question.

“Oh,” he said in awe as he continued to lightly trail his fingers over her most feminine place. “I felt that you know. Taste?”

She looked into his mocha colored eyes. The love show saw there crushed whatever protest she was going to make. Nathan was hers and she was his. And the things he could make her feel was addictive. So she responded in only the way her body would allow.

“Yes,” she said.

“Yes,” he growled before connecting his lips to hers in a bruising kiss that her body craved. As his lips connected with hers he gripped both her hips and lifted her to sit her on the vanity. He continued kissing her as she placed both arms around his neck to cup his head in the palm of her hands.  Being with Nathan was like a high she had never experienced before. The way his hands trailed slowly up her back made her shudder. He wrapped one arm around her waist and trailed his other hand up her spine to bury it into her hair. He grabbed a handful and slightly pulled it as he broke their kiss. He used the force he was exerting on her hair to angle her face up so that she was looking him the eyes.

“I love you so much,” he said.

“I love you too,” she said thinking that she could drown in the love she saw in his eyes for her.

“I like the way that sounds coming from these lips,” he said unwrapping his arms from around her waist and rubbing his pointer finger across her lips. Then he trailed is finger down her chin, between her breast, over her abdomen, to her folds. “Now let’s see if I can get an I love you from these lips,” he said rubbing his finger back and forth in her juices. “Lean back and brace yourself on your hands for me.”

She complied as he took one nipple into his mouth and sucked on it. Then released it and began to lick the nipple slowly with his tongue. As he loved one breast then the other, she felt herself getting closer and closer to her peak.

“Nathan,” she moaned. “I don’t think I will make it to the tasting part. I am about to come.”

He dropped to his knees before her then set both her feet on his shoulders and allowed her legs to fall open. She was spread open for him and never felt more womanly.

He lowered his head and licked her juices from her then spread her open with his hands to better access her jewel. He pushed one finger inside her core as he slowly swirled his tongue around her clitoris.

“Aahh,” she screamed as she came with a force that took what little breathe she had left away. He didn’t stop moving until her last shudder had passed through her body. He raised his head, pulled his hand from her center, and then he lowered her legs from his shoulders and stood.

He looked her in the eyes as he sucked her juices from his finger. She had not moved from her earlier position of leaning back on her hands. All she could do was stare and breathe hard as her body slowly came down from the heights to which he had taken her.

“Your taste is intoxicating,” he said rubbing tips of the fingers of one hand down the side of her face. “I plan to taste you again tonight and every night from here to eternity. I hope you will let me,” he said then kissed her softly on the lips, turned, picked up his coat and walked into the living room.

 

 

Location: Dr. Brad Elliot’s Office

Callie sat across from Dr. Elliot who was smiling at her.

“Why did you feel the need to see me today Callie,” he asked.

“I met a guy.”

“This is not unusual,” he said

“I handsome, considerate, nice guy,” Callie said by way of explanation.

“Still not unusual Callie,” he said with a broader smile.

“I like him.”

“And,” he asked.

“And I went on a date with him,” she said. It was a date that she couldn’t stop thinking about.

“Okay,” the doctor said. “I know you are trying to make a point here. I know you are leading somewhere with this.”

“He tried to kiss me but I panicked,” she said. It was an attempted kiss that kept playing back and forth in her mind. One that she actually wished she had gotten.

“Ah, I see. That’s normal for someone who has been through a traumatic experience like you.”

“I mean it’s not like I didn’t want him to kiss me. I did. I just couldn’t stop my body from reacting negatively.”

“From what Dr. Hayes told me, you haven’t dated since your incident 10 years ago. You’re rusty at dealing with men and romantic or sexual advances compounded with your other fears. But trust me. The more you do it, the easier it will be. And once you get comfortable, your body will stop going into panic mode. Start slow. Maybe with holding hands then hugs.”

“And what if this doesn’t work,” Callie asked. She had a slight fear that she would never get over this trepidation with men.

“Trust me. It will work. But you will have to push yourself. You probably won’t be comfortable at first,” the doctor said.

“And then, what if I am wrong about this man and he is no better than the other guy that attacked me,” Callie asked. She didn’t think that Chris was messed up like that. It was something about his eyes. But then, she had been fooled before. She didn’t trust herself or her judgment.

“Callie, most men are not predators or stalkers. Most men will not attack you. But me telling you does nothing. I think you consciously know this. But it’s your subconscious that needs work. If this guy that you met seems genuinely to be a good guy to you, then trust that.”

 

 

Episode 25: A Shameful Secret by Diva58

 

 

Episode 25:  The Ring Proves It

Time:  Same day as last episode, Evening

Location:  Heritage Club, Private Dining Room

Eve had just given the waiter her drink order when the guest of honor, Nate, walked into the room holding the hand of a pretty young woman.  Everyone clapped as they noticed him.

“The man of the hour has arrived,” Neil said walking up and shaking Nate’s hand.  “Ms Davis,” he said to young lady.

“Finally,” Olivia said as she walked over. “We were beginning to worry,” she said as she hugged Nate. Then she looked at his date and said, “Tamara, you look lovely.”

“Thank you Dr Winters.”

One by one everyone greeted the couple.  Eve was one of the lasts to have the honor.

“Baby doc,” she said. “I see you are fashionably late.”

“Not my fault,” he said smiling at the young woman by his side. She smirked in response.

“Eve, this is Tamara. Tamara meet Eve Winters.”

Eve noticed that Nate hadn’t supplied who this woman was to him and she was curious. 

“So, I am his cousin. And you are,” she said leaving the sentence hanging.

“The love of my life,” Nathan said smiling at the woman who smiled back at him.

That wasn’t what she had expected to hear. Nate must be really serious about this girl. Strange that she had never heard of her before.

“What a very grand and poetic title. Well, I look forward to getting to know you better.”

 

Lily stood smiling at Trevor across the room as she spoke to her aunt Olivia.  She couldn’t help but blush as she remembered how he had pinned her against the door earlier. He was standing with her father speaking animatedly about something when he noticed her staring. He gave her a sexy smile that made her catch her breath.

“Lily, “Olivia said. “Are you listening to me?”

“Yes,” she said pulling herself away from that smile to focus back on Olivia. “I am listening.”

Olivia gave her a sweet smile and said, “I can see that you like him a lot.”

“I do. I don’t think I have ever felt this way before.”

“This way?”

“I mean. I loved Cane. And Daniel. But I couldn’t trust them. But Trevor is different. I feel like I can trust him.  There is no drama. I am almost afraid that something will happen to ruin what I feel.”

“Oh sweetie. Don’t worry. Trust your gut.”

“I am trying Aunt Liv. I really am.”

“Lily, it’s normal to feel this way after everything you went through with Cane. But don’t let him spoil you forever.”

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Delia’s Room

Chloe sat on one side of Delia’s bed with Billy on the other as he read to her a bed time story. Times like these are when Chloe often thought what if. What if Billy had loved her? What if they had made their marriage work?  What if they could have been a united family? These times were always hard for her. But she endured for Delia. She decided long ago that she wanted her daughter to have a great relationship with her father. So if that meant that she would have to endure Billy and what ifs, then she would.

“…and they lived happily ever after,” she heard Billy say as she pulled herself out of her own thoughts.

“Read another one daddy,” Delia said.

“I just read four, baby. It’s time to go to bed. I will read another one tomorrow night,” Billy said.

Tomorrow night, Chloe thought. Since when did Billy come over to read to Delia two nights in a row?

“But you don’t read to me all the time. You won’t be here tomorrow,” Delia said.  Delia had just voiced her own thoughts.

“I will if you want me to read to you,” Billy said. Then he looked at Chloe questioningly. “And if your mom doesn’t mind.”

“Of course I don’t mind,” she said as Billy broke out into a large grin.

“See,” Billy said looking back at Delia. “Now go to sleep you little munchkin,” Billy said then kissed Delia’s brow.

“Good night baby,” Chloe said then kissed Delia.

“Good night,” Delia said as both she and Billy walked out the room.

When Chloe closed the door to her daughters room, Billy said,” Hey Chloe. Can we talk?”

“Sure,” Chloe said. She was sure it had something to do with this woman who was pregnant by him.

 

Location:  Heritage Club, Private Dining Room

Chris stood in the dining room speaking with Justin before dinner began.

“By the way, you owe me money,” Chris said.

“I am not so sure about that. We will see if you actually show up with someone or not.”

“Oh, I will. Did I tell you that I met the sweet nanny today,” Chris said. He could feel the broad smile on his face and didn’t try to hide it.

“And?”

“And she was just as described. Really sweet. And gorgeous,” Chris said. He intentionally left out that he felt that he had lost his soul in that one meeting. He didn’t think Justin would understand.

“Really,” Justin said. “I guess we were wrong in our assumption then.”

“Yes. For once, I am happy to be wrong.”

“Why didn’t you ask her to come with you tonight?”

“I don’t know,” Chris said looking down at the drink in his hand thoughtfully. But he did know. She had seemed a little skittish and he didn’t want to come on too strong. This was the first woman he had ever felt a connection with right away and he didn’t want to take things too fast. “I guess I didn’t want to overwhelm her,” he finished looking back up at Justin who was staring across the room.

“Overwhelm her,” Justin asked.

Chris followed his line of vision and knew that it was Eve that Justin was looking at.

“Justin,” Chris said in a tone harsher than he intended.

“Yeah,” Justin said pulling his eyes away to focus back on Chris.

“I don’t want to see Eve hurt.”

“Neither do I,” Justin said challengingly.

“Listen. I like you. We’re boys. So I am going to just say this. You are still in love with Donna. Eve deserves a man who will put her first and think of her first.”

“And you think I am incapable of doing that,” Justin asked.

“Let me ask you one question. Are you still in love with Donna,” Chris said.

Justin looked back Eve. He lingered for a few seconds then said “Yes.”

“I rest my case,” Chris said.

 

Eve is standing with Olivia speaking about Nate’s hearing.

“I can’t believe how easy things were today,” Eve said.

“Me too. I was prepared for them to make an example of Nate,” Olivia said.

“Well, I am glad that they didn’t. But if they had, it would have been fine. I had great back up,” Eve said looking over at Justin speaking with her brother. Their eyes connected and she smiled at him. He gave her a small smile in return. He had a look on his face that seemed regretful. Almost sad. She wondered about it for a few brief seconds then turned her attention back to Olivia.

“Yeah, you did,” Olivia said with a smile and in a tone that let her know that she had seen the look between her and Justin.

Eve chose to ignore her tone and went on with the conversation. “I wonder what happened to make things so easy. It could have been just that they didn’t find anything. But I got the distinct impression from Nate earlier that he thought that they would find him at fault.”

“Did he say that,” Olivia said.

“No. You know how he is. He would not say that. I had to read between the lines to really hear his concern. The way things turned out. It just seemed too…” Eve paused searching for the word.

“Clean,” Olivia supplied. She looked at Jack across the room as he stood with Nate and Tamara. She wondered if he had done something. He did make a statement about ensuring that nothing happened to Nate. But at the time she took it as him comforting her.  But now she was not sure that was all that it was.

 

 

Tamara stood with Nate speaking to Jack.  If she didn’t know better she would think that Jack and Olivia were together from the way that he kept looking at her smiling. She did remember that kiss he had given her the other night at GlowWorm. She made a mental note to ask Nate about it later.  She also noticed that Jack was talking to her like he didn’t know her or had never heard her name before. This meant that Keemo had never mentioned her to his father. Part of her was upset. Hurt. Disappointed that Keemo didn’t think her important enough. The other part was happy that she wouldn’t be put on the spot because she had not told Nate about the relationship. And she realized that it could get very awkward of Keemo’s father was dating Nate’s mother. That meant that they were bound to eventually see each other. She had to tell Nate. But still did not have the words to do so.

“So Tamara. What do you do,” Jack asked.

“She’s a journalist,” Nate said proudly.

“Well, as much as anyone can be a journalist at Restless Style,” Tammy said unhappily. “Oh, I am sorry. I know that Billy is your brother.”

“No no,” Jack said. “Do not apologize. I know my brother Billy and what that magazine has turned into better than most. It’s a disgrace.”

“I wish I had known before I took the job. Not that I wouldn’t have taken it. But it’s nice to know exactly what you are walking into.”

“You don’t sound very happy,” Jack said.

“I am appreciative of the opportunity.”

“You know what,” Jack said tilting his head to the side thoughtfully. “I might have a job offer for you. You should come by the house tomorrow afternoon and I will tell you about it. And bring this one here with you,” he said gesturing his head towards Nate. “We can have lunch as we talk it over.”

“I’ll bring her by,” Nate said smiling at her.

Lily stood with her father and Trevor as they spoke about graduate school at Stanford. Neil wanted to know if some of his old professors were still teaching. Lily found the conversation super boring and began to tone them out as she looked around the room. Her eyes caught on Tamara holding Nate’s hand as they spoke with Jack. She didn’t like Tamara very much. Of course Tamara was close with Roxy but since they were sisters, Lily didn’t hold it against Roxy. One doesn’t choose family. But friends are another matter. The girl was best friends with Chloe. For that alone she couldn’t be trusted in Lily’s estimation. Birds of a feather flocked together. And Chloe was one of the nastiest birds ever.  She would never forget the lies that Chloe had told about Cane. And she would never forgive her. Over the years, she had learned to tolerate her.

As she stared, Lily wondered why Tamara was here with Nate now. She had made it obvious that she would never be with him. One of the reasons that she felt it was okay to joke with Nate about her.  Because if she thought that there was a possibility that Tammy would truly be with Nate, she would have warned him off long ago. Rumors were that these two were an item now. With school, the kids, and Trevor, Lily had been too busy to talk to Roxy. So she was out of the loop and had not confirmed whether the rumors were true. But it seemed that they were. She wondered what had changed for Tamara now.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Harmony’s Room

Harmony sat in her room watching TV in anticipation of her conversation with Tyra. She hadn’t heard from her since the press conference and had not gotten an answer when she had phoned her. She was going crazy wondering about what Tyra would tell her. Then her phone rang. She answered it without looking at the caller ID.

“Tyra,” she said hurriedly.

“No. It’s me,” Tucker said.

“Oh,” Harmony said disappointedly.

“So it’s like that Songbird,” Tucker said. “No love for me.”

“I’m sorry baby. It’s just that I have been trying to contact Tyra for hours and she hasn’t gotten back with me. We are supposed to have a talk tonight about the slap.”

“Oh. The infamous slap. I see.  I was calling to tell you that I have a meeting scheduled with a subsidiary in Japan and will be coming home really late. So don’t wait up.”

“I had planned on staying here anyways. I get the impression that this talk will be very heavy and I am sure I won’t feel like driving. “

“No dice darlin.”

“No,” Harmony said questioningly. She didn’t think she had asked a question.

“Look down at the ring finger on your left hand. That diamond has some very small print. It says that if we are in the same city then we will be sharing a bed. Now if you don’t want to come home. Fine. I will be staying with you at my mother’s house.”

Harmony rolled her eyes and said, “If you insist Tucker.”

“I do,” he said. “So, I will see you later. I love you.”

“I love you too,” she said as she slammed the phone down. She did love Tucker but she was not in the mood for his amorous attentions at the moment. Her mind was on other things.

Just then Tyra walked into her room.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Chloe’s Room

Billy sat with Chloe in her room trying to think of the words to tell Chloe what he had been considering doing with the new baby he was expecting.

“Just say it Billy.  I can tell by the look on your face that you don’t think you will like my reaction.”

He smiled at her then lifted a hand to cup her cheek and caress the line of her jaw with is thumb. Chloe was one in a million he thought. She had always been able to read him like a book. One of the reasons she made him so uncomfortable.  He couldn’t just tell her anything and have her believe it. Being with her was always a challenge.

“Chelsea has made me a proposition,” he said lowering his hand back into his lap.

“What kind of proposition,” she asked.

“She wants money and in return she will turn over full custody to me.”

“Money for the baby,” she said then sighed deeply. “Billy, you have already been in trouble for buying a baby once. I would really hate for you to have to go before a judge for a similar offense.”

“But this is different,” he explained. “Granted I did get Lucy from a baby broker. But this one would be more like a private adoption. It is not unheard of for prospective parents to pay for services. I am looking at it like a surrogate type thing.”

“I don’t know Billy. It’s best to ask Rafe about your options and rights. I know that you have some.”

Billy looked a Chloe.  Really looked at her. She was a sassy little vixen. Always supportive no matter how stupid he was. She got him. He once told her that they were kindred spirits. Both from the dark side. But that wasn’t necessarily true. He might be from the dark side but Chloe definitely wasn’t. Oh, she put up a good front. Wanted all to think that she was hard hearted. But that wasn’t true. Her hearts was very soft and big. And at one time it had beaten just for him. What in the world had he been thinking letting her go.

He raised his hand to cup her cheek again. This time he rubbed his thumb over her soft lower lip.  And when her lips opened on a sigh, he knew that he needed to taste them again.

 

Location:  Heritage Club

Tammy sat with the Winters family eating. She was really enjoying herself and had been made to feel comfortable by everyone. Well almost everyone. That drip Lily had been staring daggers at her when she thought that she wasn’t looking. Granted, she and Lily had never been truly friends. But they had run in the same circles over the last couple of years due to Roxy dating Devon and being great friends with Lily.  So they had been friendly. She knew about Chloe’s plan to get a good father for Delia when it looked like Billy wasn’t capable. She had advised Chloe against it but what was she to do. Betray her friends trust by telling everyone the truth. That was never an option. And Tammy was unapologetic about it.  She hoped that Lily didn’t become a problem for her and Nate. She would make an effort to get along with his family, including Lily, but she wasn’t going to grovel and kiss anyone’s butt to have a relationship with them either. Her thoughts were interrupted as Neil stood.

“So, we all know why we are here. To celebrate my nephew here. I just want to say,” he said looking at Nate. “There was never any doubt. Everyone here knows your dedication to helping people and saving lives. May your star continue to shine as your career soars to new heights.” He raised his glass and said, “To Nate.”

Tammy raised her glass along with everyone else and looked at Nate who was sitting beside her. “To Nate,” she said.

“Speech,” Justin said to Nate.

Nate smiled, pushed his chair back and stood.

“Thank you all for supporting me. Especially Justin and Eve. The faith you, my family, has in me means everything. Also, there is another person who stood by me and helped me keep faith even when I began to doubt myself,” he sat his drink down and turned to her. “She changed how I view love and relationships. I never thought that I would ever feel this way about anyone. But I love her. More than I ever thought possible. She’s smart, beautiful, graceful, “he said then paused and smiled. “Sassy, driven.  She’s perfect in every way.”

Tamara felt herself blushing at Nate’s praise. Then she noticed him reach in his pocket as he kneeled down before her. And her breath caught. Was he proposing to her?

“Tamara,” he said looking up at her. “You know how much I love you. Please marry me and allow me to spend the rest of my life making you happy.”

Tamara looked from his face and down at the ring and back to his face. She was shocked. She had no clue that he was anywhere near ready to get married.  But she wasn’t stupid. Shocked or not, there was only one answer.

“Yes,” she said softly as she looked into his eyes. “Yes,” she said again for good measure.

He put the ring on her finger and it fit perfectly. He stood up then pulled her to her feet. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her tightly. He leaned back to look in her eyes then kissed her softly. He pulled back to look into her eyes and she felt like she would drown in what she saw there.  It was hard to find the words to describe it. Love, yes. But more than that. A future, life, commitment, trust. All that and then some. Then she heard people clapping. Tammy looked around the room at all the smiling happy faces and felt very lucky. Then she saw Lily. She was obviously not thrilled with what had just happened. Oh well, Tamara thought. She would get used to it. It’s not like she was marrying her.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Harmony’s Room

Tyra sat down next to Harmony trying to find the right words. She took a deep breath and began in a stoic monotone way as if she was reciting things that had happened to someone else and not herself.

“Aunt Virginia’s husband molested me growing up,” Tyra said. She went on to explain how he would touch her whenever she went over for a visit. How it started out with hugs then moved on to inappropriate touching to kissing.  Then culminated with him raping her.

“Oh my god Tyra,” Harmony said pulling her into a hard embrace. “I am so sorry.”

Tyra laid her head on her sister’s chest and allowed her comfort to sooth her soul. After a few minutes she realized that Harmony was crying. She wished she had the tears to cry along with her but at this point she was all cried out. She lifted her head and pulled away so that she could finish the story.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. It’s not your fault,” Tyra said.

Harmony winced and looked down at her hands in her lap.

“What,” Tyra asked.

“It is my fault,” Harmony said crying harder.  “I left you to his nastiness.”

“What do you mean left me?”

“Don’t you see? I thought I was the only one. It’s the reason that I left home at an early age and never really came back to stay,” Harmony said as she continued to cry.

Tyra didn’t think that she had any more tears left. And for herself she didn’t. But it seems for her sister, they were willing to fall.  Because she felt them began to spill from her eyes.

“Yolanda, are you saying that he molested you too,” Tyra said in disbelief.

“Yes. He did. But I left before he took it as far as he did with you. I never thought that he would do those things to you. I figured that there was something about me that was dirty and so wrong that he would only do it to me because I deserved it. Besides, you were so young. I never thought he would do that to you.”

Tyra’s heart broke for her sister. Now her lifelong battle with drugs made sense. It has always puzzled her why her sister, someone so smart and intelligent, couldn’t seem to bring herself to desire getting off drugs enough to actually do it.

“I am so sorry I left you Tyra. Can you ever forgive me,” Harmony said.

Tyra hugged her sister and said, “There is nothing to forgive.”

“Maybe if I had told someone what he did, then you wouldn’t have had to go through that. I might have been able to save you.”

“You were just a kid. You can’t hold yourself responsible for what he did or what happened to me. It’s not your fault,” Tyra said.

She and Harmony sat on the couch together embracing as they both shed tears for the loss of the others innocence.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Chloe’s Room

Chloe sat spell bound as she watched Billy lower his head with the intention of kissing her. She warred with herself over whether she should allow it. Just before his lips connected to hers, she put her hands to his chest to stop him. Interestingly enough, he responded to the light pressure and stopped with his mouth inches away from hers. He covered her hands on his chest with his own.

“Victoria and I are over,” he said looking into her eyes.

“But that doesn’t change how you feel about her,” Chloe said. But what she really meant was that it didn’t change what he felt for herself.

“I agree,” he said looking at her lips in a way that made her feel that he had kissed her. “Because being with Victoria never did change what was between us. At least not for me.”

Chloe pulled away from him and stood up. She turned her back to him so that she wouldn’t see him as she spoke.

“Billy, I am so over you,” she said in her strongest voice. There was a time when she had believed that was true. But his attention over the last couple of weeks, along with the knowledge that he was supposedly done with Victoria, had her doubting herself where he was concerned.

“I know,” he said standing right behind her. “I know Chloe.”

She didn’t respond for fear he would hear in her voice how she wasn’t as strong as she seemed to be.

“So, do you have a date for the gala tomorrow night,” he asked softly.

“No,” she answered automatically without thinking. Any other time she would never have admitted that to Billy. Just because she hated for him to know very much about her lacking love life. Especially when he had been so in love with Victoria. Having no date made her feel inadequate. To her, it would just reinforce his decision to cast her aside for another woman. Because really, why would he want a woman that no one else wanted.

“I was wondering if you would be my date,” he asked.

“I don’t thi-,” she began but was cut off.

“Come on. You don’t have a date and neither do I. Why not go together. We always had a lot of fun before didn’t we?”

Chloe thought about it. Why not, she said to herself. It would beat going alone. Which is what she had planned to do. Of course, Tammy would be going with Nate. She knew that neither one of them would make her feel like a third wheel but it would be nice to actually have a date too.

“Sure,” she said. “Why not.”

“Great,” he said moving closer to her and rubbing both his hands up and down her arms.

“Uhm. Not so fast cowboy,” she said stepping away and turning around to face him.

“I will go with you but just because I agreed to be your date doesn’t mean that I am also your back up plan. Just because Victoria dumped you doesn’t mean that you can come crawling back to me.”

“Chloe,” he said with a smile. “That is not what I am doing. But I won’t press my luck. Good night.” Then he turned and walked out of her room.

 

Location:  Heritage Club

Nate was counting down the time until he could get Tamara home. But he had to go by the hospital first to check the schedule and to check on some patients that he had been treating before his suspension. He quickly said his goodbyes and was headed out the door when Jack came up to him and Tamara.

“Nate. Don’t forget to bring your fiancée by tomorrow.”

“I won’t,” Nate said bringing Tamara’s hand that he was holding to his lips for a light kiss.

“I won’t let him. I admit that I am curious as to what this job might be,” Tammy said.

“Well I won’t get into it now. I can see that Nate is eager to leave,” Jack said with a smile.

“Quite,” Nate said but he didn’t think he had been that obvious. “See you tomorrow,” he said as they walked out the door. They walked in silence to the car. And when they reached it he pinned her to the door with his body with a hand on each side of her on the top of the car. Then he kissed her the way he had wanted to when she had said yes. It was a hard and bruising kiss. And when she sighed, he took the opportunity to slip his tongue into her mouth.

“Mmmm,” she moaned into his mouth. And he knew then that he needed to stop before he spread her out onto the hood of his car. He wondered if she would be that adventurous. He had a lifetime to find out.

He broke the kiss and pressed his body closer to hers so that he could feel her body heat and her breast pressed against his chest through her coat.

“So,” he said softly with his lips inches away from hers. “I need to go by the hospital tonight to see the schedule and to check on some patients. I was thinking that I can take a cab to the hospital while you drive my car home.”

“Okay,” she said just as softly. “I know how excited you are about going back to work.”

“Yeah. But I am more excited about being inside of my fiancée,” he said then kissed her softly on the lips. “So will you be wet when I get there,” he asked her.

“How wet do I need to be,” she asked saucily.

 “Wet enough for me to slip right in. No foreplay required.” He wanted her bad now. He knew that the hour it took him to go to the hospital and get home would only intensify his need.

“I’ll see what I can do,” she said laughing softly.

He smiled and stepped back. He opened the door for her, gave her the keys, and stepped back so that she could get in the car. Once she did, he closed the door and walked back to the front of the building to get into one of the cabs that were waiting.

 

Eve and Lily stood together as Nate and Lily left the room. Eve had noticed Lily’s face as she watched Tamara throughout the night. It was obvious that she was not a fan.

“So, what do you think of Tamara,” Eve said casually.

“She’s Roxy’s sister. And she is best friends with Chloe.”

“Chloe? Wasn’t she the one who caused you so much trouble with Cane?” Eve remembered something about her being pregnant by Cane and it had turned out to be a lie. But then Cane had also been lying.

“Yes. And Tammy had known all along that it was a lie. But she never said a word to me or to Roxy. I mean really. What kind of person just sits back and allows someone to destroy another persons’ life.”

“Well you can’t blame her for that. She’s loyal.” In Eve’s eyes, that wasn’t a bad trait to have. It meant that she would show the same loyalty to Nate.

“Not just that. I don’t think she even wants him,” Lily said.

“What? Why do you say that?”

“Because he has run behind her like a puppy for the last 3 years and she never gave any signs of wanting to be with him. And now all of a sudden, she agrees to marry him. I think that she probably has run out of options or something and he is her back up plan.”

“Hey, don’t sell your cousin short. He is a great guy and I think that any young woman would see that.”

“He was also a great guy when she met him and has been one every day for the last 3 years.”

“True,” Eve said.

“I just don’t trust her and think that he will end up hurt dealing with someone like her. That’s all.”

“I see,” Eve said. Maybe she needed to spend some time with this Tamara to see what she was all about. She can’t have her boobala getting hurt by some scheming woman who didn’t even love him.

Just then Olivia walked up to them.

“Eve. Jack and I are going to have a night cap. Do you want us to drop you off at home on our way,” Olivia said.

“No,” she said looking at Justin. “I think that I will get a ride.”

“Okay,” Olivia said then left with Jack.

 

Justin saw Eve look at him as she bid Lily and Trevor goodnight. He couldn’t help himself. He walked over to her. It was like he was being drawn in like a moth to a flame.

“Eve,” he said as he walked up to her.

“Justin,” she said in return. “I guess our expertise wasn’t needed today. I have never been so happy not to have to flex my legal muscles.”

“I hear you. Me too,” he said laughing.

“So counselor, where are you headed when you leave here.”

“My room at the club,” he said wishing he was going somewhere private with her.

“That sounds lonely. But I can’t talk. Olivia has abandoned me for a night cap with Jack.”

“Oh. Do you need a ride? Because I would be more than happy to take you home.” Amongst other things. But he wouldn’t offer those being that he had been warned. Although he did care about Chris’ friendship, that wasn’t the reason why he wouldn’t try anything with her. He respected her. Liked her. Cared for her. And he didn’t want to hurt her. He knew deep down in his heart that he wasn’t as through with Donna as he would like to be.

Before she could answer, Chris walked up.

 

Chris had seen Eve and Justin exchanging looks all night. And he didn’t like the implications. He had warned Justin away from her and he had warned Eve. But he thought to try her one more time and wanted to prevent whatever little connection they seem to have going on tonight from going any further. That is, if he could. A relationship between those two had heartbreak for Eve written all over it.

“Eve,” he said. “I need to speak with you about something.”

“Ok, I will let you have your family powwow. I will see you both later,” Justin said then left.

“What’s going on big brother? Sounds ominous.”

“Justin. I thought we had spoken about this.  But then I see you making doe eyes at him across the room.”

“Whatever Chris,” she said laughing at his description.

“The man is in love with Donna. They have a kid and a grandkid. She is not going anywhere.”

“I heard you the first time Christopher,” she said.

“Don’t let him use you.” Because if she got involved with Justin that is all it would be. Justin using her to assuage his needs. Both physically and emotionally.  But he would never be able to give her his heart nor a commitment when he belonged to another.

“Okay. Geez, what is with the Winters clan today selling each other short in the romance department,” she said.

“What,” he asked missing her meaning.

“Nothing,” she said. “Just take me home.”

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Harmony’s Room

Harmony couldn’t believe that her baby sister had to go through what she went through. It was devastating to think about.

“I have more to tell you,” Tyra said.

Harmony braced herself. If Tyra had lived through it then the least she could do is listen to her tell her story. Regardless of how painful it may be to them both.

“I am listening,” Harmony said shakily.

“I continued the cycle of abuse,” Tyra said.

“Anna,” Harmony said astonished as her stomach began to hurt.

“God no,” Tyra said. “Not that. You know when I found out a few years back that we were not related by blood.”

“Yes,” harmony said slowly.

“I was going through a very bad time. I felt lower than I ever had in my life.   I slept with Neil and helped ruin his marriage. Devon was so hurt and disappointed in me. So I resorted back to the only way I know how to make any male happy who is upset with me. I had sex with him.”

Harmony felt herself becoming nauseous. She stood and ran into her bathroom to kneel in front of the toilet.  She threw up over and over again.

Tyra heard her sister being physically ill due to her disgraceful behavior. She thought about going to her but the shame of what she had done had become fresh again now that she had discussed it. So she did the only thing that she knew to do. She stood and slowly walked out of the room.

 

Time:  Night

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Chance’s Room

Chance lay in bed trying to go to sleep when he heard weeping coming from next door. He rose from bed to go check to make sure that the person was okay. He knocked lightly on the door but didn’t get an answer so he twisted the handle and the door opened. He didn’t see anyone but he heard the sobs louder coming from the direction of the bathroom. He walked to the door and saw her, Harmony’s sister, crying again. She was sitting on the rug next to the tub. He walked over and stood in front of her but she didn’t look up. So he sat down beside her and pulled her into an embrace.

He held her like that as she sobbed for what he estimated to be 20 minutes. Finally she stopped and pulled back to look up into his face.

“Thank you,” she said with a sad smile.

And his chest squeezed tightly. There were those beautiful eyes brimming with tears again.

“No problem. This is the second time today that I have come across you crying. Do you want to tell me what is going on,” he said softly.

“I have disappointed my sister by doing something shameful,” she said in a shaky voice that he knew meant that she was still in jeopardy of bursting into tears again. He held her tighter in hopes of pushing them away.

“I can relate. But you know what I have found in these situations,” he said smiling down into her face.

“No. What,” she asked.

“That we all fall down. Admit the mistakes. But get back up and move forward. Try not to make the same mistake twice. When people see that you are really remorseful they tend to forgive,” he said.

“Some things are unforgivable.”

“Nothing is unforgivable,” he said.

She looked at him skeptically. He knew that look. It said, “You just don’t know what I have done.”

“I have served several tours of duty in Iraq as an MP. The things I have done…” he said allowing the sentence to trail off.

“You were at war. Fighting for your life. Those things were justified, I am sure,” she said.

“Tell that to the mother of the little 6 year old boy that the Humvee I was driving intentionally ran over,” he said. Even now, 5 years later, just talking about that made him feel horrible.

He noticed that his companion didn’t respond. They sat there in comfortable silence for a few minutes. Then she said, “My name is Tyra Hamilton.”

“Phillip Chancellor IV. But please call me Chance,” he said.

“Chance,” she said pulling away and standing up. “Thank you.”

He stood up also and faced her in the bathroom. Once again, he was struck with how beautiful she was. Even with puffy eyes from crying and a tear streak down the side of her face, she was gorgeous.  It amazed him. He reached out his right hand and rubbed his thumb slowly down her cheek to wipe away the tear.  She smiled her thank you and he knew he was being dismissed. So he turned and walked away.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion, Harmony’s Room

Tucker walked into Harmony’s bedroom and saw her lying on the bed. He walks over, takes off his clothes, and gets into bed with her. He pulls her into his arms with the intent of making love to her when he notices that she is softly crying.

“So it was that bad,” he said kissing the top of her head.

“Yes,” she said.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No,” she said. “Just hold me.”

“Okay,” he said. He decided not to press her. He knew that she would tell him when she was ready.

 

Location:  Nate’s Condo

Nate walked towards his condo with a wide smile on his face. He knew exactly what to expect when he arrived. Tamara had made sure of that when she sent him a beautiful picture of herself about 30 minutes ago. The picture was so clear and close up that he could see clear juices dripping from her and could tell that she was freshly shaven. When he first saw it, he had been surprised that she would even do that for him. And then as he stared at it in the elevator of the hospital, he started to imagine exactly what she had to do to herself to achieve that effect. He wondered how many times she had come without him. Just how beautiful she would look as she stroked herself into orgasm.  He groaned out loud as he became hard. He had rushed right home to be with her. To see if he could make her come a few times.

And now, he was finally home. Nate walked in and took off his over coat and suit coat and threw them both on the couch. He walked into is bedroom and saw Tamara lying in bed. She didn’t move as he approached her then he realized that she was asleep.  He decided to take a quick shower and walked into his bathroom.  He turned on the shower then finished undressing. As he did so, he imagined all the things he would do to Tamara.  And it further excited him.

Once his shower was finished, he got out and dried off.  He was still erect. So he reached into a drawer, took out a condom, and put it on. He walked out and Tamara was still asleep. She must be tired, he thought. He wished that he was the kind of guy that would forsake his pleasure so that she could get rest. And maybe on an average day he would be. But today was not an average day. And he needed to finish his celebration by making love to his fiancée. So he pulled the covers down and crawled atop her in the bed. He lay between her legs and she still didn’t wake up.

He reached down between their bodies with his hand and rubbed his fingers in her folds. She was still just as wet as she was in the picture. He removed his hand from her and used it to grip himself tightly as he began to slowly rub himself in her juices. 

“Wake up,” he said softly against her lips and her eyes fluttered open.

She smiled warmly at him, wrapped her arms around his shoulders, and said, “You made it.”

“Yes I did. I had a little encouragement by way of a sexy picture from my naughty fiancée,” he said then kissed her deeply on the lips as his tongue explored every corner of her mouth. He raised his head then looked down at her.  “How many times did you have to come to get this wet,” he said as he began to slowly push into her.

“Twice,” she said, and then moaned loudly.

“I would love to watch you please yourself.”

“That can be arranged,” she said then smiled. “But right now I want you to make me come.”

“That, definitely, can be arranged,” he said as he pushed swiftly as far inside of her as he could reach.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

But that wasn’t enough for him. Now that he knew she could handle him, he liked to be as deep in her as possible.

He reached down and grabbed her right leg at the knee and brought up to rest in the crook of his arm. Then he did the same thing to her left leg. With his forearms resting on either side next to her head, he pushed deeper inside.

“Nathan,” she screamed.

“Mm hmm,” he said as he began to move in and out of her with a mind numbing slow pace.  One designed to build her up to the best orgasm she had ever had. Then he dipped his head then licked her nipple slowly before he took it into his mouth to suck on it lightly.

“Oh my god,” she said as she cupped his head in her hands.

He could feel her beginning to tighten around him and knew that she was about to come already.

He bit down on her nipple and grazed it lightly with his teeth and her breath caught. He felt her clench around him and thought he would die from the pleasure of it.

He stopped moving then lifted his head to look down at her beautiful face washed in the passion of their love making and smiled at a newfound revelation.

 

Tamara’s body was infused with pleasure as she lay beneath Nathan. She opened her eyes when he stopped moving.

“What,” she asked cupping his cheek with one of her hands while the other arm was wrapped around his neck as she looked into his eyes.

“I believe that you like a little pain with your pleasure,” he said in a husky voice.

Her body answered for her as she involuntarily clenched around him.

“Really,” he growled.

“Just a little,” she said.

His only response was to withdraw and push back into her with slow powerful deep strokes.

“Oh Nathan,” she moaned. After about a minute she began to lift up to meet his every stroke in an effort to take him deeper.  He knew what she wanted because he lifted her legs from his arms to his shoulders. Then continued his same rhythm.

She felt her nipples tightening in anticipation of her orgasm. Her stomach muscles began to twitch. But it wouldn’t come.

“Nathan, I can’t,” she said.

“Yes, you can,” he said then pushed in her as far as he could go. Stopped. Then began to grind against her so that he was also rubbing her clitoris. Then he dipped his head and whispered in her ear.

“I just have got to hit the right spot,” he said in a deep voice.  Then he touched her just the right way and she came harder than she had the previous time they had made love.

“That’s right. I love the way you feel coming around me,” he said as shudder after shudder passed from her inner walls out through the rest of her body.

 

Nate stopped moving to let Tamara savor the feeling. He also enjoyed feeling her clench around him. When she was finished, he pulled out of her and kneeled between her legs and he lowered them back to the bed. He smiled at the way they shook. He knew that they were probably weak and numb from the position he had her in. He rubbed his hand up and down them to help get the blood circulating so that she could get feeling back in them.

Once he thought that she could support herself he positioned her upright on her knees with them spread wide with him behind her on his. He entered her from behind and began a slow rhythm.  He looked up into the mirror across the room and his stomach muscles clenched at the sight of Tamara’s beauty. He watched them as he made love to her. As he rubbed his hands across her stomach. He watched her breast bounce as they were proudly displayed for him with her hands around the back of his neck. He wondered if she knew exactly how breath taking she actually was.

“Open your eyes Tamara,” he whispered.

She complied and he knew the exact moment that she saw them in the mirror by the way she held her breath and let it out slowly. Her eyes locked with his in the mirror and she gave him a sexy smile.

“I could make love to you like this for hours,” he whispered in her ear and was rewarded with her clenching around him.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

He reached up and took right hand from around his neck and placed it on her stomach beneath his. He slowly slid it down her abdomen to rest the tips of her fingers on her clitoris.

“Will you show me how you like to be touched,” he whispered in her ear.

She didn’t hesitate as she began to rub herself. Nathan felt every touch with his own hand and it excited him even more than he already was.

He used his free hand to cup her breast then squeeze the nipple hard to give her the little pain he knew that she liked. 

“Nathan,” she screamed and began to push back into his strokes and roll her hips.

He let go of her breast to bury his hand in her hair. He couldn’t help himself as he grabbed a handful and pulled her head back to expose her neck.

She gasped as he kissed the side of her neck.

“You’re perfect. You know that,” he growled as he closed his eyes at the feelings that she was evoking. “I can’t wait until this officially belongs to me,” he said.

He picked up his pace just as she began to come again. A few strokes later and he joined his orgasm with hers. When they both were finished. He wrapped both arms around her and looked at her in the mirror.  She locked eyes with him and smiled.

“If only you knew how much I loved you,” he said.

She smiled at him.  “Oh, I do know. And I have got the ring to prove it,” she said holding up her left hand and wiggling her fingers.

They both laughed.

 

 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2091