destined. by TheDoll
Summary:


She left it all behind. Her past. Yet somehow here she stood in the midst of it.... forced to relive it. 




*ORIGINALLY my 500 word CHALLENGE* 


*Formerly titled a chance encounter with destiny*


 


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: Original Character(s)
Classification: Drabbles , Supernatural
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Suspense
Story Status: Completed
Pairings: Original
Warnings: Fluff, Original Characters
Challenges: Second Chances
Challenges: Second Chances
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2062 Read: 13516 Published: July 18 2013 Updated: June 23 2014

1. Chapter 1 by TheDoll

2. Chapter 2 by TheDoll

3. Chapter 3 by TheDoll

4. Chapter 4 by TheDoll

Chapter 1 by TheDoll
Author's Notes:

Here's my take on the prompt. 500 words exactly. Woo Woo! 

Letisha was so late; her alarm clock had broken somehow in the middle of the night. Mr. Swedleson was going to fire her for sure. Weaving her way through the busy sidewalk, she was just a few blocks away from her office. BAM! She ran right into a strange man standing a block away from her building. “So sorry.” She said as the older, handsome man helped her to her feet.

 

“You are the one.” He said. The tall stranger with dirty blonde hair gazed into her eyes. Letisha arched a dark brown eyebrow. “I'm sorry?” He took her hand as he reached into this blazer pocket. “Letisha Daniels. 40 years old. You grew up in the Outer Banks of North Carolina; you graduated UNC Wilmington many years ago. Your parents divorced and split you and your brother up.”

 

The curly haired woman pulled her hand away. “How do you know all of that?” He simply chuckled and stuck his hand out, holding a small red velvet box. A ring box?, she thought as he took her hand once more and placed into her palm.

 

“A mutual friend asked me to give this to you.” He said. Letisha was confused, what mutual friend?. He looked into her eyes and continued, “I have to warn you. What's in this box is very powerful. Life changing. It has the power to jump back into the past. I was told to trust that you wouldn't open it once it was in your possession. Please take care of this for me Letisha.”

 

She blinked as he pressed the box to her chest. She whispered, “Who are you?” The handsome gentleman began to walk away, placing a hand on her shoulder, he whispered back as she looked ahead of her. “Just call me destiny.” With that he turned the corner and carried on. Letisha was a bit spooked. However she reminded herself she was still running late to work and made a dash down the block for her office building.

 

Once she entered the building she ran past the crowd of gentleman exiting the elevator, catching the it just in time to take it up to the 16th floor. She thought about what the handsome stranger said to her. Time traveling? Yeah right. But her curiosity was stirring. What exactly was in this box? She sighed. She couldn't believe she was about to do this but... She opened the small box and gasped at it's contents. This is Mrs. Steven's ring?! She thought she lost it 20 years ago, only a year after Carmine had given it to her. That's when the elevator started shaking. She screamed as the car rocked violently and lights flashed rapidly. She screamed just before she blacked out.

 

----

 

 

Letisha finally came to. Opening her eyes she was in her old dorm room at UNC. She panicked and ran into what was then the bathroom. OH MY GOD... I'm 19 again...

End Notes:

So what y'all think? 

Chapter 2 by TheDoll
Author's Notes:

My bad for the long wait on an update but there's more to come. My work schedule has been ridiculous.

"How could this be?" She said breathlessly as she gently poked the contours of her face. She was in an utter state of shock. Her reflection was starting back her in horror of what was before her. She had to be dreaming... yet it didn't feel like any other dream she could remotely remember.

She whined as she began to panic. "Snap out of Letisha." Even her voice sounded more high pitched than she remembered.  She swatted her cheek with the pads of her fingers over and over again. Sigh. She could feel it.  Defeated, Letisha leaned over the sink and her now much bigger curly head slumped forward. What was the meaning of this? Why was this happening?

"I told you not to open the box..." She jumped back when she heard a husky masculine voice come from her bedroom. Letisha peered around the corner, meekly. Her brown eyes stopped as the older gentleman she met outside her office .  He sat on her bed in white slacks and a matching white dress shirt. His dark golden locks just brushed back past his ears.  "But then again, I knew you couldn't resist the temptation, Letisha."


Letisha stepped out of the bathroom and moved forward closer to the mystery man. "Who are you?" 


“Destiny. I thought I introduced myself when we met. “ He sat on her bed with his hands in his pockets.
She cocked a brow as her heavy breathing was slowly beginning to subside. “That’s a bit ominous don’t you think, Destiny..?”
“Possibly.” He chuckled  “But I am the one that is going to show you the error of your ways.” 


Letisha folded her arms underneath her chest. “The error of MY ways?” She arched a brow at him. “I haven’t done anything wrong. “
“Oh but you have…” He stood and began to walk a circle around her. “You’ve been a very bad girl, Letisha. You’ve been so bad you don’t even remember how bad you’ve been.”  Letisha’s eyes wondered around the room as she couldn’t even fathom what he was talking about. “I can’t fix your mistakes but I am here to help you search for them and guide you as you correct them.”
Her eyes remained still as ‘Destiny’ stopped before her. “So you can tell me that I’ve messed up somehow, you think you can be a nice guy and tell me what those mistakes are?” He chuckled again as he shook his head. “Why not?” She whined.


“Unfortunately it’s not in my job description.” He moved a step closer to her. “My duties from our mutual friend were to give you the box and make sure you were brought back to this time in your life.” He began walking toward the door. “You don’t have long. If you want to go back to your present, you need to change something in your past…” He opened the door and walked out leaving her there on her own.


Letisha needed answers so she followed him. She swung the door open and realized he was gone. However she was met face to face with another figure from her past.


His youthful blue eyes and short golden hair greeted her like a punch to the face.  He stood before her with a bouquet of red roses. “Hello beautiful.”
“Carmine…”

 

Chapter 3 by TheDoll
Author's Notes:

Okay so I didn't explain this in the previous chapters. So I'm trying my best to keep this as close to the original challenge as possible. 500 Words. However I know my last chapter was close to 600. So I'll to my best to keep each within 500 to 600 words.

Hope you guys like this one. I'm working on getting another chapter up for this and Show Me today while I've got the free time. 

She stood there with her mouth gaping open like a befuddled idiot.  He held the bouquet out to her, a kindly smile stretched across his lips. “Well beautiful, are you gonna just stand there or are you gonna take the flowers and invite me in?”

Letisha stood still. Her heart had begun to grow warm. “C-Carmine…” She managed to stutter. She had so many emotions, many mixed and missed emotions. 20 years… she had forgotten how handsome he was. She had forgotten the sound of his gently hoarse vibrato. However she could never forget the sea clear blue hues in his eyes.  

Carmine laughed nervously, “Right. That’s my name.” He looked around, believing he missed something. “Tesh… why you being so weird?”

“Oh. Oh sorry…” Younger Letisha took the bouquet and moved out of his way, turning her back to him as she placed the flowers on her desk.  “The flowers are pretty. But what are you doing here Carmine?”

“You sure you okay Tesh? You don’t remember me calling two hours ago to tell you I was coming to see you before I set up for tonight?” He walked up behind her, wrapping his athletically slim arms around her smaller waist.

Letisha remained still as his body heat warmed her back. “I’m fine. I’ve just had a long day already.” She breathed licking her lips.

“Aw poor baby.  Well let me make you feel better.” He groaned. Carmine dipped his head into her neck, inhaling her intoxicating scent, giving the nape of her neck a kiss. He groaned into her flesh, “Mmm.  Hibiscus Haze… you know that drives me crazy.”

Letisha bit her lip, remembering how his touch always made her weak. He whipped her around to face her gently devouring her lips. She scooted back onto the desk as he boosted her up on the flat surface. She wrapped her arms around his neck, as their tongues fought for dominance.  Her legs wrapped around his waist as she forced herself to pry away from Carmine’s mouth. She helped him pull his Carolina blue tee over his head.

Her bare nails scratched at his shoulder blades as she nibbled at his collarbone. His chest was slim and chiseled. She always thought he looked like he stepped off a Tommy Hilfiger ad. Carmine growled as he bit his lip and his body began to shake with need. She had forgotten how turned on Carmine got whenever she did this. He hooked his fingers under her gym shorts to slide them off and flinging them onto her bed.

He gripped her slimmer thighs and forced them far apart. His concealed erection rubbed up against her moistening heat as his big hands dug into her curls and pulled her head back into lusty, ravenous kiss…

Any focus Letisha had on finding out why Destiny brought her here was now gone. The only clear thought in her mind right now getting Carmine out of those jeans… God she missed this…

 

She missed him. 

Chapter 4 by TheDoll

She lay on her tiny bed, snuggled next to Carmine's slim body. The thin sheet barely covered their bodies. That was intense... She knew she shouldn't be resting at the moment. She should have been out looking for her "mistakes".  But she felt like maybe a few minutes reacquainting herself with her college sweetheart wouldn't hurt anything.
"So are you feeling any better beautiful?" Her youthful love smiled, tracing his fingers over her forearm.
She kept staring at her ceiling. "A little. " She murmured. "I just wish--" She stopped herself from thinking out loud. She quickly changed the subject. "wish I could get some more sleep  right now."
"Heh. Poor baby." Carmine kissed her forehead, squeezing her close to him. "You'll get plenty of rest after the party tonight. You spending the weekend with us.  I'm just glad my parents are being cool about me having a party at the beach house"
Letisha thought about it. Crap, this was the night of our grad party. He's gonna propose to me tonight...”Yeah. Sounds like a lot of fun can’t wait spend time with you guys.”  She leaned up to kiss his lips.  Their moment of bliss was short lived as she could hear her front door unlocking. Carmine stood and quickly pulled his jeans back up over his waist in time for them to watch. Letisha’s roommate, Hallie, walk through the doors with shopping bags.
“Hey—whoa.” She smirked standing at the door, her rail thin frame looked like it was going to tip over from the weight of her newly attained items. “Did I walk in at a bad time?”
Carmine laughed pulling his shirt over his head while Letisha covered up in her bedsheet. “Nah, I needed to get going anyway. Hadn’t planned on staying long to begin with, I just missed my girl.” He kissed Letisha one last time. “Love you.”
“Love you too.” Letisha smiled and looked over his shoulder at Hallie who had dropped her bags on her bed and fanned herself; she pretended to be faint for their brief PDA.  Letisha wanted to scowl but she knew that Hallie was only teasing.
When Hallie heard the door close behind Carmine, she shot Letisha waggled her eyebrow suggestively. “You guys are too cute.” Letisha climbed  out of bed and slid her shorts back over her legs. “I’m so surprised he’s taking things so well.”
Letisha buttoning her shorts, didn’t bother to look up at darker skinned woman sitting on her bed. “Taking what well?”
“OH MY GOD!” She exclaimed, bouncing up out of bed and placing her hands on her hips. “Tish you still haven’t told him?”
Letisha told looked up confused. She couldn’t remember having this discussion with her roommate. “What?”
“You need to be ashamed of yourself.” Hallie stated, shaking her head. “You’re the worst girlfriend I swear…”
Letisha raised a brow, placing her hands in her pockets. What was she talking about? She looked over at the calendar on her desk. She looked at today’s date again… June 14th, 1994. Then that would mean…  She couldn’t possibly mean…

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2605