Veiled Threat by jojo83
Summary:

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" is usually taken as unwanted advice. Sometimes, it's a mild warning. But once in a while, it's a threat.

 

Nikki James moved to Hopen Island as a way of burying her head in the sand after her life became one colossal fail. The one time she decides to throw caution to the wind may just be her last. Ever. Will she heed the advice so many other's ignored?

 

*** While working on the story, I listened to my Lorde station on Pandora (and a bit of AWOL Nation). The music totally set the mood for me, and it might do the same for you :) ***


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Character Death, Dark Fic, Original Characters, Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 34050 Read: 73388 Published: July 20 2013 Updated: February 28 2015
Mea Culpa by jojo83
Author's Notes:

See, what had happened was...

I know that it's been for..ev...er. Please don't think that I forgot about this story, or that I gave up on it. Life in the last few months has been crazy, more so than usual (i have 4 kids and a military hubby, crazy is the norm lol). We moved to a new house, and in the process the USB that held ALL of my stories, notes, ideas, cast pics, and random thoughts went missing. No, there were no backups. Yes, I 'bout lost my mind. Thankfully I found it.....mixed in with the hubby's stuff. I finished chapter 11 in one night, and 12 should be soon to follow. Don't give up on me ladies! Thank you for your support and encouragement!!

S/N: I'm realizing, the further I get into the story of Nicole, Quinn, and the gray-haired man..the hot and steamy is slow in coming. This isn't that kind of story. Hope you're cool with that. Maybe there will be something more in the future....

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2626