HIS FAIR CAPTAIN by marchpisces92
Summary:

Fred Weasley gives his stamp of approval for Angelina Johnson as captian of the Gryffindor team in thier 7th year. 


Categories: Books Characters: Angelina Johnson
Classification: None
Genre: Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 6154 Read: 355 Published: April 21 2021 Updated: April 21 2021

1. ONE by marchpisces92

2. TWO by marchpisces92

3. THREE by marchpisces92

4. FOUR by marchpisces92

ONE by marchpisces92

ONE 

Frederick Weasley had already given his seal of approval when he found out that fellow seventh year student Angelina Johnson was appointed Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team this year.

With previous captain Oliver Wood having graduated the team was probably thinking that Angelina would be less stern and demanding of them. But if they knew Angelina like Fred knew her then they were dead wrong.

Sure Angelina wasn't as hard as Oliver was being a female but she was still serious about her position and would be taken seriously as well.

The young black witch with fire in her brown eyes and smirk in her smile had already declared that she would be the future captain of the Chudley Cannons upon graduation.

It was a crisp fall afternoon in early October and Gryffindor had the Quidditch field reserved for practice and there was Angelina in her captain's uniform with her arms crossed and a serious look on her face.

Her friends Katie Bell and Alicia Spinett who were two of the teams Chasers chuckled since they knew Angelina was going to let them have it.

Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley were sitting in the stands to support both the team and Angelina's first day as team captain. It seemed like the ladies of Gryffindor were running things this year.

Fred, his twin brother George, his younger brother Ron, and Harry Potter were making their way down to the field when Angelina yelled at them

"You boys are fifteen minutes late!"

"Well isn't she just a ray of sunshine" Ron said a little annoyed "Snape doesn't even get like that if we're late to Potions class besides it's Friday"

"At least she won't taking away points from our own house though," Harry pointed out

"This is the first practice of the season" she said, "no excuses for your tardiness"

"Harry unless You Know Who is attacking you no excuse"

"Ron you better hope that you'll be steady on your broomstick with the seconds and thirds you had for lunch today"

"George what were you and Weasley doing?" she asked, "picking on some helpless first and second years again? You're seventh years now grow up"

Fred smirked and it annoyed Angelina even further "What's so funny Weasley?"

"You didn't address me by my first name Angelina" he teased, "if that's the case you could have addressed my brothers the same way"

Fred could see Angelina blush under that beautiful honey brown complexion; he lived to see and get her riled up. He wanted to hear Angelina utter his name in more ways than one; beneath that tough girl exterior he knew she was as meek as a kitten.

"If you have enough energy for jokes then you have enough energy for practice" she said "let's get started our first match with Slytherin is in two weeks"

 

Angelina would be lying if she said that Fred and his twin brother George weren't talented Beaters because they were. The Weasley family had enough kids to make a qudditch team of their own if they wanted. She was able to tolerate George a little more but with Fred the jokes never seemed to end.

Granted they were born on April Fool's Day but with Fred being older Angelina would think that he was more mature. Molly Weasley most be a saint of a mother to deal with not only five other boys but Fred too; Angelina probably would have drawn the line at him. Ginny must have been an answer to her prayers.

Beaters were required to be focused and have good balance since they were in charge of making sure Bludgers didn't knock anyone of their broomsticks while at the same time knocking the opposing team off their broomsticks.

There were times Beaters had to have both hands off their broomsticks in order to bat Bludgers, which was sometimes dangerous, but leave it to the Weasley twins to throw caution to the wind.

"Weasley!" Angelina scolded him "be more careful!"

Fred had swung at the Bludger so hard that it flipped him upside down and he was hanging midair from his broomstick by hind legs. George howled in laughter.

"I'm fine Angelina!" Fred teased, "were you were worried about me?"

"Quit playing around!" she fired back at him "that dangerous and you know better!"

Angelina knew that Fred was a good player but he had to stop playing around or they'd lose to Slytherin for sure. Other than Fred the team was doing stellar.

Katie and Alicia whom she had been Chasers with since second year were great at passing and deciding where the Quaffle should go. Quick thinking was key.

Ron like his brothers had quick reflexives in blocking the Quaffle out from the hoops as Keeper at least all the calories he consumed at lunch were being put to work now.

Harry who had been the only one playing since first year was proving himself to be quite the professional Seeker with his speed she was sure that he's catch the Snitch during the game in two weeks.

"Good job today everyone you know who you are" Angelina said at the end of practice "I don't mean to be hard on you guys I just want us to be the best we can be"

"Next Friday same time for practice" she announced "and be on time the first game is stressful enough but even more so since we're playing against Slytherin"

With that said Angelina dismissed everybody and they all were making their way back to the Great Hall for dinner.

"You coming Fred?" George asked his brother who lingered behind

"I want a little word with our new captain first"

George chuckled "It was nice knowing you dear brother"

Fred shrugged and made his way over to Angelina who was now putting away the Qudditch equipment. He took note that her qudditch uniform wasn't really doing a good job of hiding her curves. The late afternoon sun glowed on her face the same face he wanted to see express pleasure that would come from yours sincerely.

"Need a hand Angelina?"

Angelina startled a bit turned around to see Fred smirking at her; more than likely checking out her backside as well.

"I'm fine"

"Yes I wholeheartedly agree"

Smartass

"You know what I mean Weasley"

Angelina reached for the Bludger, which was quite heavy, and Fred lifted it from her hold while almost lacing her fingers with his.

"These are quite heavy you know" Fred said "much too heavy for a little lady such as yourself---

"Cut the chivalry Weasley" Angelina said "I didn't like you goofing off during practice today you know how dangerous handling Bludgers are you were practically hanging off your broomstick"

"I've been playing as long as you have" Fred insisted "besides I'm okay it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last"

"Falls during Qudditch can be dangerous resulting in injuries that are fatal" Angelina said "I want everyone to have fun but there are safety precautions for a reason"

"And you have one of the best Beaters Gryffindor could ask for" Fred boasted being his cocky self as usual "now tell me Ange were you really worried about me?"

Angelina felt her face heat up again as much as Fred tried her nerves and patience he was the only one who called her Ange and she kind of liked it. She then realized that they were still the only ones in the middle of the Qudditch field with both of their hands laced onto the Bludger.

"Well?"

"Just be more careful Weasley," she said "you're a talented Beater but I don't want to have you removed from the team because you can't follow orders"

"Nice to know that the lovely captain of Gryffindor shows concern for all of her players" he teased, "it's okay Ange I'll be here as long as I can"

Angelina rolled her eyes and Fred was amused. This was seventh year after all and after six years of beating around the bush so to speak; Fred was going to make Angelina his.

TWO by marchpisces92

TWO

Angelina let out a long sigh as she plopped herself onto her bed in the girls dormitory back in the Gryffindor house.

"Hard practice Angelina?" Ginny chuckled

"Very" she replied "and no offense but your brother didn't make things easier"

"At least you were firm with them," Hermione pointed out "you have to do that with boys most of the time"

"I should know" Ginny laughed, "Fred has always been like that though he just enjoys showing off"

"Yeah maybe a little too much"

"Well you know that Fred fancies you Angelina" Katie said, "it's so obvious and now that you're captain he's going to want to impress you even more"

"Well he can keep dreaming because it's not happening" she said "I don't know who Weasley thinks he is or what game he's playing but I'm not the one"

"I don't know Angelina you sound like you're fighting something too" Alicia teased "why is it so hard for you to call Fred by his first name"

"It's not" Angelina replied a little too quickly "I just choose not to his head is already big he doesn't need an ego boost"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night"

The girls all giggled but Angelina could see some bit of truth in their words and that's what scared her the most.

 

Angelina was the only female Qudditch captain at Hogwarts this year.

Zacharias Smith was the captain of Hufflepuff

Rodger Davis was the captain of Ravenclaw

Graham Montague was the captain of Slytherin

From the outside looking in it seemed intimidating but Angelina was up for the challenge; under her leadership she wanted to win the house cup for Gryffindor. Although there were females who played Qudditch it was still a predominately male field.

There weren't many notable female Hogwarts alumni that went on to play Qudditch professionally either. Much to Angelina's dismay her father sent her an owl stating that she had just better focus on passing her N.E.W.T.S exam at the end of the year to start a more stable suitable career for a witch.

It hurt she knew her father meant well and wished that she could pursue her passion but she'd be out in the real world outside of Hogwarts soon and he just wanted her to be prepared to it's harsh realities.

The reality that the Wizarding World was just as sexist as the Muggle World. Angelina wanted to change that she wanted it to be able to encourage not just the younger girls of Gryffindor but to all four houses as well.

"I certainly to commend you on your commitment Miss Johnson" Professor McGonagall said, "I think it's a splendid idea and it will improve upon the confidence of our young female students who want to take Qudditch seriously"

Angelina was excited she knew that she could rely on Minerva McGonagall to agree with her as she went over the poster and it's information.

"Now this won't interfere with your own duties as captain will it?"

"Oh no Professor not at all" Angelina explained "it will be for the first and second year girls on Hogsmeade weekends since they aren't allowed to go it will give them something productive to do"

"First years too?" McGonagall said surprised

"It's never too early" Angelina insisted "besides Harry was a Seeker his first year"

"Yes I suppose times are changing" McGonagall said "you know by the time I was your age most young women stopped playing Qudditch"

"I don't want it to be taboo anymore"

"And you're just the person to break that barrier Miss Johnson"

 

"Seriously?" Draco Malfoy sneered as he and his friends Crabbe and Goyle chuckled at the posters Angelina was putting up around Hogwarts.

"Give those back Malfoy!"

"This is even worse than when Granger was trying to get house elves paid" he chuckled "you witches need to stay in your places"

"Give them back!" Angelina said trying to get her posters from Malfoy who kept dangling them above her

"You really think you're going to change things Johnson? Pathetic I always knew you Gryffindors were progressive but this is just stupid" Malfoy said "I mean think about why do you think they made you captain in the first place?"

Angelina wanted to ignore Malfoy since he always was an asshole to everyone and thought he was Merlin's gift to everyone simply because of who his father was. No wonder Harry couldn't stand him.

Angelina finally snatched her posters back but Malfoy went on anyway

"You're captain out of pity Johnson. Everyone knows women don't go onto play professionally let alone become captains. They just felt sorry for you and wanted you to live your fantasy"

"That's not true!" Angelina argued not angry with herself as tears came to her eyes but Malfoy really managed to hit a button

"Keep telling yourself that" Malfoy laughed "I hope you have your team well prepared because you're going to need it with the match coming up"

"She does"

Angelina turned around to see Fred making his way towards them he looked like he was ready to rip Malfoy a new one.

"You here to defend your little captain Weasley? It's obvious she can't do so herself"

"And shouldn't you be running behind your father to protect you Malfoy?" Fred shot back "that's what you usually do"

Malfoy's face grew pale and then blushed bright red out of embarrassment and Fred chuckled "Easy to be the big wizard when you're picking on a girl but not so much now huh?"

Even that wiped the smirks off of Crabbe and Goyle's faces and Malfoy rolled his eyes "Let's get out of here boys we'll have plenty of time to get back at these pathetic Gryffindors on the field"

Fred shook his head as the three Slytherins walked away with their tails between their legs yet they were the ones that were pathetic. Screw Malfoy he wasn't his concern at the moment.

"You alright Ange?"

"Yes"

"Don't pay attention to what Malfoy says you know he's just a git," Fred said noting her tears

"I know...thanks...I'm just going to finish hanging these up"

"You need help?"

"No" she said a little too quickly "I'm going to go now"

Before Fred could say anything else Angelina left no doubt probably crying even more. However one of her posters managed to slip from her arm to the floor and Fred picked it up as Angelina quickly made her way down the corridor.

As he read the poster he smiled and Fred knew that Angelina was the witch for him.

 

It was the first Hogsmeade weekend and all of the students who were third year and up were getting ready to leave for the village after breakfast. While George was going along with a few friends his twin brother had other things on his mind besides Zonko's Joke Shop.

All of the first and second year girls from all the houses congregated down to the Qudditch field with excited faces and laughs. Fred was certainly impressed and he could imagine that Angelina was probably feeling overwhelmed by the impact that she was about to make.

Angelina had all the girls sit in a huge circle on the grass as she addressed them in the center of the circle; while unknowing to her Fred observed from a distance.

"Good morning" Angelina greeted "how are you girls feeling today?"

"Good!"

"Who is here because they like Qudditch?"

All of the girls raised their hands and Angelina smiled

"Who is here because they want to play for their house teams?"

All of the girls raised their hands once more

"Who is here because they want to play Qudditch professionally one day?"

The hands were hesitant now and Angelina hit the nail on why she organized this in the first place.

"Miss Angelina?" a first year Ravenclaw spoke up nervously "my father says there's no place for witches in Qudditch past Hogwarts"

The girls murmured sadly and were beginning to feel bad and Angelina wanted to squash that negativity.

"Well I'm here to say that there is" she said, "anyone of you girls can play just as good if not better than any wizard"

"Could we even been a captain like you?" a second year Hufflepuff asked

"Of course you can times are changing and there will be places for women in Qudditch whether men like it or not"

Fred smiled that was his Angelina always a spitfire no matter what.

"I've organized this program to encourage  girls who are interested in Qudditch to

take action and pursue that interest no matter what anybody tells you," she said, "I believe in you but more importantly you have to believe in yourselves and that's what we'll be working on"

 

Angelina was happy to hear how excited the girls were about the next meeting they'd have in two weeks. Today had been a good turnout after all. She had the girls practice riding broomsticks, discussing positions, and explaining the dynamics of the game.

"That was nice of you"

Angelina was surprised to see Fred making his way towards her and a blush rose in her cheeks

"Are you following me Weasley?"

"Perhaps"

"It's nothing really" Angelina said modestly "I just want to give back that's all"

"It may not seem like nothing to you but it obviously will mean something to them"

"If you're worried about it interfering with my duties to the team it won't"

"Oh I know it won't" Fred said "though I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous"

"What do you mean?"

"You seemed patient and understanding with them" Fred smirked "how come you're not that motherly with us?"

Angelina knew that smirk from a mile away and the twinkle in those blue eyes; Fred was being both sarcastic and mischievous. But she'll be damned if she said she didn't like it however she knew how to see past that.

"Because you and our teammates are older and know how the game is played," she replied, "therefore I don't have to be that and I expect your experience to exceed expectations"

"Ouch that's a little too much tough love Ange"

"No it's being honest" Angelina replied, "this is more to do with boosting your ego isn't it?"

"Well I do like to be praised for my sportsmanship" he said "especially if it's coming from the lovely captain of Gryffindor"

"I'm flattered" Angelina replied sarcastically

"You're quite welcome Miss Johnson"

"You still need to show up on time for practice Weasley"

"How about saying ‘You need to show up on time Fred'?" he suggested, "that would sound much sweeter coming from you"

Fred smirked which really annoyed Angelina he was really trying to get her to say his name but she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

"Be on time Weasley"

 

 

 

THREE by marchpisces92

THREE

For his first five years at Hogwarts Angelina was another student in his house and was in the same year. She was just another teammate.  Then something changed and the girl he knew since he was eleven became something more. Fred remembered when he fell for Angelina and it was at the Yule Ball last year.

Ironically enough Fred didn't even go to the Yule Ball with Angelina instead he and his twin George were only there to be their usual selves and causing mischief. There was plenty of food and butter beer to go around so that was pretty much their incentive.

"Blimey" George said surprised "is that Angelina?"

Fred looked in his brother's direction to see his classmate walk in looking like the Gryffindor beauty that she was. Her hair plaited in two braids with the back out like a frizzy halo. The dress she wore looked like it had been dipped gold making her look like an Egyptian goddess.

Fred was stunned he never seen Angelina like this before and he certainly never felt this magnetic connection to her either.

She was beautiful.

"I didn't know she was seeing Zabini" George pointed out

Fred had been so busy paying attention to Angelina he didn't even notice her date. Blaise Zabini a black Slytherin student. Blaise looked rather smug with Angelina by his side and something about it didn't sit well with Fred. Then again most if not all Slytherins were snakes in his opinion anyway.

"Why did Ange ask him anyway?" Fred said, "if she needed a date she could have asked me"

"Really?" George teased, "I didn't know you felt that way dear brother"

"As friends of course" Fred said "anyone besides that git"

"Yeah you can deny it all you want your jealously is obvious"

Fred shrugged off his twin brother's suspicions but for most of the night he periodically watched Blaise like a hawk.

With chaperones like McGonagall and Snape it wasn't as if the students could get too frisky anyway. Fred calmed down a little and continued to have fun with George they had managed to put a gig together where the students paid them for entertainment.

Using a batch of temporary Polyjuice potion the twins took requests to morph into different professors and do impressions. Everyone got a kick out of it except for Snape of course who was ready to take away points from Gryffindor with quickness.

"We're running low on Polyjuice" George said, "you think you can get some more out of the Potions class room?"

"Right on it" Fred replied.

As Fred was making his way down the dimly lit corridor he still wore a smirk of amusement on his face. However he stopped in his tracks when he heard somebody crying,

Who could be crying at such a joyous occasion such as the Yule Ball? It sounded like a female crying and Fred followed the sound of the crying to find Angelina sitting by herself with teas streaming down her face.

"Angelina?"

She looked up surprised since she wasn't expecting anyone to be out here besides herself.

Fred kneeled down in front of her and placed his hand on hers and looked into her weeping brown eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"...Blaise he...ditched me" she managed to say

"What? where is he---"

Fred looked over Angelina's shoulder to see Blaise flirting and chatting with two other girls from Slytherin. That damn git. Didn't he know that he had the best date of the ball and yet he chose to just leave her?

"I..thought..he was getting us some punch but..."

"Hey" Fred whispered, "he's not worth your tears"

"I thought Blaise liked me," she continued, "when he asked me to be his date....I really thought he wanted to be with me"

"I...mean I guess I can't blame him...those girls are very pretty"

"Ange" Fred said, "you're not seriously comparing those two Slytherin snakes to a Gryffindor lioness like yourself are you?"

Angelina couldn't help but giggle a bit and said "Fred stop..."

"I'm serious" Fred insisted "forget Blaise you're gorgeous Ange"

Fred was granted a smile with that complement. He stood up and held out a hand for her but Angelina shook her head

"I don't want to go back in there" she whispered embarrassed knowing Blaise was still in there

"You don't have to" Fred insisted, "we can have the last dance of the evening right here that is if you agree"

"Yes I'd like that"

"Well then my Lady Angelina shall I have this dance?"

For the remainder of the evening it was Fred who made Angelina smile and laugh.

It was Fred who made her feel better.

It was Fred who wished her goodnight after escorting her back to the common room.

Fred had fallen for Angelina.

 

 

 

FOUR by marchpisces92

FOUR

GRYFFINDOR VS SLYTHERIN GAME I

The sky was nice and clear and the air was crisp. A gorgeous Saturday for a Qudditch match. Everyone had a hearty breakfast was ready to play a fair and fun game and judging by the cheering coming from their classmates they were looking forward to seeing a good game.

There was positive energy all through out the locker room, which was a good sign since Angelina was feeling a bit nervous. This was her first game where she was the official Captain but she figured as long as things went as well as their practices then they should be fine.

"How are we all doing this morning?" she asked getting them pumped

The team cheered in response and Angelina smiled

"That's great now I know you're all ready because you all have practiced very diligently"

"Now who's going to win House Cup?"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Who?"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Alright let's get out there and show Slytherin what we're made of!"

Each of the players grabbed their broomsticks and made their way out onto the field.

Just as Angelina was about to follow suit she felt somebody gently take a hold of her arm; she wasn't really surprised to see Fred Weasley smirking at her.

"That was a nice little prep talk Miss Johnson"

"Thanks"

"I sure look forward to giving my best performance today" he smirked

"Yes I'm sure you will Weasley" Angelina chuckled rolling her eyes as he took his broomstick and swung it over his shoulder

"I'm pretty good off the field too," Fred added giving her a wink "if we win today's match today which I know we will how about I show you a good time?"

"What are you going on about?"

"I show you a good time in Hogsmeade" he replied "you like Honeydukes?"

"Let's just focus on the match," Angelina said taking her broomstick as she made her way outside

"The match for now and I'll treat you to a butter beer next Saturday"

"Head in the game Weasley"

However Fred stood in front of her again

"You" he said tapping her on the shoulder and then jabbed his chest "Me. Hogsmeade next Saturday"

"Weasley you know I have to mentor the girls on Saturday"

"Not the Saturday before Halloween" he reminded her "besides isn't that your birthday?"

Angelina bit her lip partly to keep from blushing and to keep her cool

"Am I right?"

"Weasley please I really think we can win this today"

"Of course we will wouldn't want to disappoint my captain"

Fred gave her a wink as he exited the tent and Angelina rolled her eyes. Merlin give her strength.

 

The tall wooden doors opened slowly as Angelina walked out mustering all of her courage and looked up at the sky. Breathing in the fresh air she mounted her broom and lifted off from the ground.

She was closely followed by her teammates. Katie and Alicia. Ron and Harry. Fred and George.

The stadium roared with cheers and glee as all of the students and professors were donned in their house colors; it definitely was setting the mood for the game.

"-And welcome to the first Quidditch match of the year Gryffindor versus Slytherin!" Luna Lovegood moderated the game.

Members of both teams flew around on their broomsticks doing laps to warm up for the game when Angelina came face to face with Slytherin's team captain Graham Montague along with Draco Malfoy.

"Johnson" Graham addressed her rather smugly

"Montague" she replied keeping her cool "Malfoy"

"Ready to ‘play' Captain Johnson?" Draco smirked

"At least I am a captain" Angelina shot back which made Malfoy get beat red in the face and embarrassment swept over him

"Watch it Johnson" Graham stood up for Malfoy "there has been a female captain in years and we're not planning on being beaten by any Gryffindors today"

"Then I guess there's a first time for everything then"

Angelina just noticed Fred had flew next to her and she shot him an annoyed look; she didn't need him coming to her defense all the time; and he simply smirked at her in response. She supposed he was serious about that Hogsmeade date

"Well game on then"

The tension between the two playing houses was thick and with good reason too since it was well know that Slytherins were avid cheaters.

The Qudditch referee Madam Hooch made her way to the middle of the field with the crate that held all of the balls for the match. One by one she released all of them unclipping the Bludgers, and letting the Snitch fly free until it was practically out of sight.

"Let the match begin!" Luna announced as Madam Hooch finally threw the Quaffle into the air.

Immediately all of the Chasers from both teams went in for the Quaffle until one of the Slytherin Chasers emerged with it tucked under his arm and was headed toward the Gryffindor's goalpost. Ron tightened his grip on his broomstick bracing to guard the goal post.

The Gryffindors of course weren't having any of that and they fought back for the Quaffle again; Katie managed to retrieve it again much to Angelina's relief which was cut short the minute another Slytherin tackled the Quaffle from her.

"Come on Ron!" Angelina called out to her Keeper "it's coming towards you!"

The Weasley brother managed to stand his ground with the goalpost and immediately kicked the Quaffle away.

"Great save by Ron can't let those Slytherins get too cocky can we?" Luna moderated earning herself a stern look from McGonagall.

Angelina heard the sound of a Bludger hitting a bat and she turned around to see a Bludger zooming towards her head and she quickly ducked out of it's way. Fred stepped up to the plate as one of the Beaters and swung his bat to send the Bludger back.

Angelina joined both Katie and Alicia in their chase for the Quaffle since her duel position was Chaser as well; she was hoping that all of the distraction would help Harry find the Snitch.

The fact that Slytherin's Seeker was Draco Malfoy was more than enough of a reason to make sure Harry had all of his attention on beating him to the chase. George helped Fred to keep the bludgers off of any Gryffindors and even sent come over to the Slytherins hoping they'd get a taste of their own medience.

Some of the Slytherins were so concerned with knocking some of their opponents off their brooms that their Keeper was distracted and Angelina was able to get the Quaffle in their loop.

"Score for Gryffindor, in the lead ten to nothing!"

Annoyed Graham quickly took a hold of the Quaffle again almost knocking Angelina off her broom as he tried to sip back over to the Gryffindor goal post. Fred took note of that and it pissed him off but he knew he had to keep his feelings in check right now for the sake of the game.

How dare that git do that Angelina; it took a lot of strength for Fred not go throw Graham off his broom; but he knew that Angelina could handle herself. She wouldn't be captain if she couldn't.

Graham threw the Quaffle towards the center goalpost but Ron managed to catch it

"Ron over here!"

Angelina sighed in relief as Alicia caught the Quaffle, which pissed Graham off to say the least, and he went off to chase her next.

"Looks like Potter's found the Snitch so Malfoy better keep up if he wants to win the game for Slytherin" Luna continued

Angelina saw that Harry was hot on the Snitch's trail while Draco was struggling to keep up his face beet red from frustration. The two of them zip zapped through the bleachers chasing that little golden ball that seemed to move fast as lighting.

Thanks to the Bludger that George had passed off from Fred he was able to send it Graham's way to knock him off track. That allowed Alicia to score once more which agitated the Slytherins.

"Twenty to nothing, Gryffindor is in lead but Potter and Malfoy are still chasing that Snitch"

Draco was getting pretty dizzy and when Harry made a turn that was a little too fast for him he crashed into the bleachers earning a boo from Slytherin and a cheer from Gryffindor.

Draco recovered quickly and made his way towards Harry again as the Snitch was now only a few inches away. It was all up to Harry now even though Gryffindor was in the lead whoever catch the Snitch won the game so Angelina was counting on him now.

The Slytherins sent one more Bludger in Harry's direction and just as it was about to hit him Fred was able to block and it whirled right back toward that Beater who sent it and hit him in the face.

"Ohh!" Luna moderated "and Goyle is definitely going to be feeling that in the morning"

"GO HARRY!" Angelina cheered on her Seeker "GO!"

The minute Harry's fingers curled around the small ball a wave of cheers erupted in the Gryffindor stands. Madam Hooch blew her whistle to signal the end of the game

"And it's over! Gryffindor wins!" Luna announced "two hundred thirty to nothing this has got to be embarrassing for Slytherin and not the best way to start the season"

Angelina was very proud of her team and she smiled as her teammates lifted Harry off the ground and tossed him up the air again and again cheering.

She could also see Graham, Draco and the Slytherin team looking at them bitter and jealous. By the way Graham looked at her with his eyes slit she knew he was threatening her

Angelina knew that this wasn't the end of this as it was only the first game of the season and Slytherin would come back with a vengeance. The hurt and bruised ego of a Slytherin was dangerous after all but she'd deal with that when the time came.

The House Cup was still up for grabs and it wasn't over yet.

Angelina caught Fred's eye and he gave her a sheepish grin tossing his Beater bat over his shoulder and then she remembered his compromise from earlier. Merlin please give her strength again.

 

There was a huge celebration in the Gryffindor Common Room that evening and they were all in good spirits and butter beer and chocolate frogs were all around. Angelina praised her team and they in return praised her, which made her feel great and confident about her new role.

During the whole party Angelina knew Fred was watching her and itching to get to talk to her but she kept ducking and dodging him as the evening went on.

"Great catch Harry" Angelina said patting Harry on the shoulder as the party died down "if anybody's the star tonight it's you; we couldn't have won otherwise"

"It was nothing Angelina really," Harry said modestly

"Yeah well Gryffindor couldn't have asked for a better Seeker"

"Thanks Captain"

Harry could sense Fred's presence as he popped open yet another butter beer and he chuckled

"I think someone wants a word with you I'll see you around" Harry said going to join Ron and the others by the fireplace "night Angelina"

"Night Harry"

As soon as Harry walked away Fred made his way over with a butter beer he opened just for the captain herself.

"Good game today Weasley" Angelina said figuring she might as well break the ice because she knew that's what he was looking for

"I should say the same for you too Miss Johnson" Fred said taking a swig of his butter beer

Angelina was a bit distracted by the fact that Fred was still wearing his Beater's uniform which fit him a little too well.

"So I'm guessing I can take the birthday girl out to Hogsmeade next Saturday?" Fred asked not even beating around the bush "we did win after all why not celebrate?"

"You really aren't going to let this go are you?"

"You know me Ange" Fred winked at her "besides I know you'll have a good time"

"You're pretty sure of yourself aren't you?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"This is just a one time thing Weasley" Angelina said finally and very firmly "and I do mean that one time I need to set an example for the team and my girls"

"You say that now" Fred said "but I'm sure you'll change your mind Miss Johnson"

Angelina almost wanted to slap that smirk off of Fred's face but she didn't want to give him that satisfaction; knowing him he'd take it as flirting.

"Goodnight Mr. Weasley"

"Goodnight Captain"

Angelina could see Fred still smiling at her as she made her way up to the girls dormitory and she knew it was going to be a long week leading up to her birthday.

Merlin clearly was not giving her enough strength for this stubborn Weasley.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3919