Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



CHAPTER 13: Resplendent Island Skies

    

At 5:15 AM, while it was still dark, Sam and Tara quietly set out from their private beach front in a kayak and rowed themselves to Pellows Island. On the way there, they could just make out the irredescent white coral reef in the shallow waters beneath them that ran the periphery of the key, and small clusters of black spiny sea urchins guarding its shores. Once they'd hit land, they hopped out of the lightweight boat and dragged it along the flat white sand and hid it under low hanging leafy limbs. Beach towels in tow, they climbed rocks and exposed roots, grabbing hold of thick hanging vines. They pulled themselves up clear off the sandy shore up onto the fertile land about twenty feet above. Then carefully, they made their ways into the very heart of the archipelago.

Tall trees towered over them while thick clusters of green, leafy plants rose up in between the trees. Pushing past thick bush, the two lone figures came upon a clearing. In the clearing, at the center of the island, was a large natural hot spring. It sprang up from under the ground as it did long before man walked the earth, spewing forth clear warm water that pooled in a sunken basin lined by fine white sand. Glossy leafed plants and tall grass formed an oval border around the natural pool, the foot of which sat a large flat topped boulder. They sat on the boulder and dipped their feet into the warm welcoming water. All around them was a stillness that was only broken by their breathing.


"This place is magical. It's like we died and went straight to..." Tara started, and before she could finish, Sam covered her mouth with his. She sighed after she got over the initial surprise and felt like she was melting under his touch and his fruity taste of desire. His kisses filled her with hope, filled her with courage, filled her with love. Pausing while their foreheads were still touching, he completed her sentence and said, "...heaven.", because that was what she was to him, heaven.

Rising to his feet, he laid the large beach towel out on the grassy ground closeby. Unaware of the sky peaking through the tree tops, it began to lighten taking on a pinkish purple haze. Kneeling down at one end of the towel, he extended his hand to her, silently beckoning her to join him for a ride on his magic carpet. She took his hand and knelt down before him.

Lightly he brushed the back of his hand over her cheek before cupping her small face. He then leaned toward her and kissed her lips, the corners of her mouth, cheek, then neck. She responded with a tiny gasp as she felt his warm lips upon her skin. While showering her with kisses, his hands pulled at the hems of her white tank top until his finger tips found warm, silky skin hiding underneath. Suddenly wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her in close engulfing her with more of his hot kisses and his scent, a mixture of old spice aftershave and remants of Irish Spring soap. Momentarily, they interrupted their kissing spell just so they could help each other out of their clothes.

Through a gap in the bushes facing east, the sun began its slow ascent and the dark skies began its losing battle against the light.

The tranquil air was cool and condensation formed on leaves. Securely holding the back of her head and back, Sam gently and slowly rocked his love backways until she was laid out flat on the large beach towel spread out under them.

He looked into her dark brown eyes when she met his gaze.
He then kissed her cheeks, trailing his lips and tongue down her neck and her breasts. Lingering at her soft, round globes, he licked and sucked her dark nipples and areolae awakening within her a passion and a need for wild abandon. Spreading her legs for him, he could smell her sweet decadent musk rising up to meet him. Holding onto her hips, he lightly kissed her inner thighs, slowly and tantalizingly inching his way closer and closer to her bald pussy, whispering her name soflty along the way. The tenderness in his voice as he called her name over and over again made her feel wanted, made her feel needed. As his lips moved ever so slowly, his actions caused an ache in her to rise, so much so, she felt as though she was being slowly tortured.

Her juices began to flow and drip downwards between her pink labia. He could see that she was now good and ready for him and so, he could scarce hold himself back from mounting her right away. Thoughts of maddeningly thrusting his stiff unforgiving manhood deep inside her immediately came to him. Instead, he dove his heated tongue between her slick folds and with every ounce of strength in him, willed his cock to be patient.

Tara moaned softly as he tongue fucked her scrumptious innards, lapping and sucking her folds and hardened nub. Spreading her legs even wider, she tilted her hips so that he could have greater access to her pleasure zone. Knowing which buttons to punch, rather, tweak, he then reached up with both hands and pinched her nipples causing more of her warm secretions to flow freely. She tasted exquisite. She smelled divine. She felt like home.

Feeling primal, uninhibited and downright naughty, they moaned louder than they normally would for they knew that they were the only ones on that tiny island, far away from judging eyes and ears whilst being protected under the cloak of dark skies and thick foliage. Holding onto him, Tara steadied his head and wiggled her hips upon his needy mouth before crying her first release.

His penis now hard and heavy, throbbed excitedly at its root, yearning for her warm, moist, tight cavity to swallow him whole. Rising up on his knees, he steadied his long, thick meat, meanwhile giving it quick long strokes with one hand. Leaning forward, he placed his mushroom tip at the entrance of her wet heat. He then lunged forward, pushing his rock hard erection deep inside her, gasping her name as he felt her inner walls tighten around him.

The slow rising sun crested above the horizon while Tara stretched to accommodate him, licking her lips as though she could taste him from below. Moving in and out of her at first slow and deep, then hard and fast, he fought against the tidal wave of wild nefarious pleasure rising exponentially out of control before it came crashing down at any inopportune moment. Slowing his pace down to regain some sanity, he looked down at her. She looked alluring. Neither of them could believe that they were in such an enchanted place with no one else around but small birds and lizards looking on.

As she looked back at him with half opened eyes, she said to him softly,

"I love you Sam."

He replied,

"I love you too, Tara."


Then he leaned forward and met her lips.

Tara felt as though she could go on kissing him forever and he felt he could hold her for an eternity. If only they could slow time down and savor every delicious, enjoyable act of making love. If only.

While penetrated deep inside her, he cupped his hand behind her head and gently held it at a slight angle. He then broke away from her lips and licked her smooth neck slowly, tasting her sweet, unchained passion while being enraptured by her beauty. Trailing his tongue down to her chest, he paused over her breasts while slowly moving in and out of her. Teasingly he blew upon her sensitive dark nipples. His warm breath causing them to tighten even more and setting her quivering core aflame and drip with heated wanton. He then licked both tasty nipples one by one before settling on one. He sucked on the tasty teat deeply, tugging deliciously at her nerve endings, sending raw yet delightful sensations from her breast all the way to her womb.

"Oh Jesus. Oh Sam." Tara murmured. By this, the sun was half way out of the sea and the sky took on an orange tinge. Releasing her breast from his hungry mouth, he looked at her and she looked so beautiful he felt as though he wasn't worthy of her love. Looking up at him, she could see that the sun's gentle rays created a soft orange glow upon his muscular shoulders and back.

Quickening and deepening his thrusts, he slammed into her while her creamy juices coated his ten inch dick. Shifting slightly under his weight, she managed to raise herself up onto her elbows thereby gaining a pleasingly better view of him sliding in and out of her. Sheathed deep inside her but at a slight yet mouthwateringly new angle, the bulbous tip of his cock found her G-spot and began to hit it with quick tasty repetition. With one hand, she reached forward and grabbed onto the roundness of his buttock, curling her fingers into its flexing pillow, urging him in deeper into her depths.

Feeling the inner walls of her pussy squeeze and tighten around his cock, he knew the end was close. Watching her face intently, he saw that her eyes were closed and she looked absolutely breathtaking beautiful submitting herself completely and entirely to him. His heart pounding in his chest, he glanced at her full breasts heaving up and down, the sight of them excited him even more. And, finally, no longer able to hold himself back, he growled along with her sensual cries, filling her up with his creamy release. Lastly, he remained fully immersed in her warmth until both their spasms of pleasure were no more.

~0~


Hours later, 7:00 p.m. in the resort's Italian restaurant, Tara and Sam sat at a small table on an open terrace that faced the sea. There under a clear violet sky, they looked up and could see a sickle-shaped silvery moon set high amongst the backdrop of twinkling stars.

After their orders were taken, they took a moment and breathed in the cool calmness of the gentle breeze. Sam looked across at Tara, humbled by her beauty. Tonight she wore a shimmery sleeveless, one-shouldered, floor-length dress. The bronze dress was made by her and she wore it proudly. It showcased her toned arms, sexy shoulders and gorgeous shape. Her braids were swept to one side and made to cascade over one shouler. From her ears dangled her favorite saphhire earrings that sparkled and shined along with her radiance. She looked glowingly stunning. Her eyes were closed and her face relaxed and slightly upturned to the sky as she listened to the soothing sounds of the sea. When she finally opened her eyes and met his adoring gaze, she blushed.


"You look absolutely astonishing." Sam said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"And you are the handsomest man around." Tara replied smiling at him with a smile only for him.

"Condsidering who I'm up against, I'd say the competition is pretty close." Sam jokingly retorted checking out his pot-bellied contender with a receeding hairline sitting at least four tables away. Then they snickered like school children.


"OK. Let's make a toast.." Sam went on to say, while still fighting back the temptation to burst out laughing again.

Picking up the long stemmed glass filled with white wine, he continued,

".. to happiness, to love."

Tara then held up her glass and joined in and said, "To happiness, to love and to wonderful memories."

Then they lightly tapped the mouths of their glasses together.

"To wonderful memories." Sam ended with an approving nod.


Simultaneously, they drank before placing their glasses back down on a perfectly decorated table, dressed in an ivory white table cloth and set with matching cutlery, and gold rimmed china ware. A tiny lighted oil lamp sat in the center of the table provided extra lighting and romantic flair.


"Sam, thank you for making this trip possible. I am having a fantastic time."

"Thank you for being here, for sharing these moments with me." Sam responded not noticing her reach into her black clutch purse.


"I, um, here..." Tara said nervously, placing a gift wrapped rectangular box on the table in front of him.

"A gift, for me? But, honey, it's not even my birthday."

"I know, I just wanted you to..you know, have this."


Surprized, Sam slowly picked up the neatly wrapped package and wondered what could be inside, all the while thinking what he'd done to deserve it and hoped she hadn't spent too much on it.


"Go ahead. Open it." Tara said excitedly when at first she was a little concerned about sounding clumsy, but now, she couldn't wait to see his reaction.


Doing as he was told, he tore the shiny green wrapping away to reveal a black velvet box. He then carefully opened the box to find a gold chain and gold pendant inside. On one side of the flat, round pendant was a raised engraving of an oak tree. He gasped and touched the pendant feeling the ridges of the tree with so much likeness to the one they were familiar with back home in Bon Temps. A stark reminder of special times together instantly brought a smile to his face.

Taking the shiny jewelery out the box, he held it and flipped the brilliant pendant on its other side. The engraved writings on it read, 'Sam, together we make wonderful memories, love Tara'.

Sam was touched and for a moment he was silenced not knowing what to say or how to respond. Such sentiments from Tara he regarded highly as she was the only woman he loved. The only one to make him feel alive and happy. Every experience he's ever had with her has always been exciting, new, wonderful.


"This is the best present anyone has ever given me, well, besides you walking into my life. Thank you, Tara. I'll cherish this, forever." He said reaching across the table, placing his warm hand on hers.


Knowing she must have spent a fair amount of her hard earned money on his gift, he held back from saying this, for this moment was perfect. Just as he was about to rise to his feet with the sole intention of going over to her side and showing how much he loved her, she said,

"Don't move a muscle honey. Let me come over there and help you put it on."

"Okay."


Swiftly, she got to her feet and walked over to where he sat, her black stilhetto heels clicking on the polished tarazzo floor. Standing directly behind him, she took the ends of the chain from him and hung it about his neck, securing the ends together by its tiny golden latch. She then bent down and hugged him from behind, resting her soft, cool cheek against his freshly shaven face.

Turning his head around until their faces met, he kissed her softly and whispered, "I love you" to which she replied, "I love you too".

When Tara noticed the waiter approaching with their appetizers, she returned to her seat oblivious to Sam's stares. He thought how sexy she looked in her body hugging dress and imagined releaving her of it before making love to her later.

~0~


After dinner, they watched a show of water ballet by the main pool, and when that was over, they took a long leisurely walk on the beach. Barefooted, they walked along the well lit sandy stretch enjoying the coolness of the fine sand sifting through their toes. Shoes and purse in one hand, Tara listened to Sam jabber on excitedly about their visit to Uncle Tim's farm earlier that day. Normally Sam wasn't the talkative type, but to see him like this made her smile.

The drive to Thompson Coffee Farm was pleasant and scenic, to say the least. Tara remembered green hills all around and seeing friendly faces along the way. To have finally met Uncle Tim was something special for Tara.

She found him to be warm and jovial and quite a story teller. While they toured his large farm, he told her stories about Sam, Marvin and Martin, as teens spending their summers at his farm and getting up to no good with his own twin boys, Vince and Vance. Tara felt that being able to connect Sams'summer stories to the place where it all happened and learning bits and pieces of his life she never knew made her feel closer to him.

Tonight, as they strolled beneath a starry sky, Sam told Tara one story after the next about his summers at Uncle Tim's. Some of the stories Tara had heard before but she just kept listening as she loved seeing him smile and his baby blues light up.

However, there was one story she hadn't heard before.

One hot summer at the Thompson's Coffee farm, all five boys wanted to go riding and do a bit of exploring on their own. Uncle Tim told them that he would allow them to go only if they've had their lunches. Back then, there were only four tame horses and one donkey that didn't bite so the boys knew that they were in for a race as none of them wanted to end up riding the donkey and be the laughing stock. When lunch time came, Uncle Tim announced the conditions of the race,


"Rule number one, no one can leave the table before finishing everything on their plates."

With equal goals in mind, the teenagers gobbled all their food and left their plates clean. Diligently, they all washed and dried their plates and glasses, then sat back down around the table and waited for Uncle Tim's signal. Just before the race began, he said,

"Rule number two, no shifting is allowed. The race starts in.."


Then he gave the last ten second countdown and the moment he said 'one', all five boys were out the door, and across the open land, in the direction of the stables on the other side of the large cow pen about a quarter mile away from the farm house. When they came to the cow pen, all but Vance and Vince, also known as the twin Vees, went through the pen. The three boys cleared the first iron fencing, looping through the wide gaps. They laughed at the twin Vees when they saw them going around the pen instead of through. Little did the three know that the cow pen was built on a split level so, at the opposite end of of the pen, there was a sharp drop by as much as six feet.

Meanwhile, cow droppings that had been previously swept and hosed over the edge of the concrete floors on a daily basis, was left to pile up behind the pen, facing the stables. The growing mountain of poop had been sitting there, accumulating for well over a month before being composted. Whilst fresher cow feces was at the top, older stale bovine excreta was nicely settled at the bottom. Although the cow pen was empty as the cows were in the milking house, the three boys ducked and climbed through the iron fencing into the recently cleaned pen all the while keeping their sights rivetted on the the horses waiting in the stables just a few yards away.

When they finally got to the other side of the pen, they did as before and weaved and bobbed through the gaps before standing at the very edge of the concrete slab. Simultaneously, they took a leap and as they did so, they thought that less than a foot below them was dirt. Alas they were wrong. They jumped straight into a five foot mountain of semi-hardened cow pies. Right after impact, they slowly sank into the thick viscous, warm, smelly excrement and became waist deep in it before they managed to wriggle free. Needless to say, the twin Vees were sitting on their horses laughing their heads off while the rest of them were on the ground soaked in stinking cow shit.


"Oh my God. Sam, that is the best story I've ever heard." Tara said laughing and holding her sides.

"Yeah, I'll never forget it." Sam laughed.

"Wait 'till we're back in Bon Temps. I'm gonna tease Marvin and Martin about it."

"Yeah, you do that." Sam chuckled back.

"Speaking of horses, how did ya like riding at Uncle Tim's farm today?" Sam asked.

"It was great. It was my first time riding a horse and I wouldn't mind doing it again." Tara answered.

"We could go riding on the trails tomorrow. We just need to sign up for it in the morning."

"Oh yes, let's." Tara replied excitedly.

"Now that you are an expert, tomorrow's five mile trail should be a cinch."

"Me, expert? After just one day? I wouldn't go that far. But, I like horses."

"The brochure says that we also get to ride the horses into the sea. Now, swimming is a good way to keep the horses muscles well conditioned."

"Wait a sec! You mean, we'll be on their backs while they're swimming?"

"Yup."

"Sam, how come you know so much about horses?"

"Well, I once worked at a ranch in Wyoming."

"Wyoming? How did you end up there?"

"When I turned twenty-five, I decided to go look for my birth parents. But, before I could, I had to find my adoptive parents, Sue Ann and Mitch Merlotte first. In my search, I learned that they were living in Cheyenne. So, I took a bus there. With little money left, I needed a job and got one at a ranch. That's how." Sam replied. His voice sounded a little restrained and Tara picked up on that.


She knew that the whole adoptive parent thing was always a sore topic for him, but she couldn't help thinking something else was amiss. That perhaps another pandora's box had been opened. She then asked,

"And, did you find them, the Merlottes?"

"No, by the time I got there, heard they'd already left for Canada. I gave up lookin' and stayed at the ranch for four years, saved some money, then headed south, to Louisiana." Sam voice waivered without him knowing it.


He's hiding something, she thought.


"I guess that explains the plaid shirts and big belt buckle." Tara said trying to lighten the mood.

"Are you makin' fun of the way I dress?"

"No. I think you look cute in plaid shirts and jeans. However, I'd love to see you in a cowboy hat, an' nutthin' else." Tara said coyly.

"Hmm, that can be arranged." Sam breathed with a devilish grin then he pulled her close and nuzzled her neck.


They ended their walk and headed back to their suite where they made love, cuddled and slept before the start of a brand new day.

~0~


The following morning, bright and early, Tara woke up to find a note next to her, sans her lover. A red hybiscus flower was on top of it. It read, 'Good morning my sweet angel. I am gone for my run. Love, Sam.'

She knew he would make sure to be extra careful while using his shape shifting powers out in the open. It was a good thing that the grounds of the resort was well vegetated and had lots of places where he could could hide his clothes and key card, go for his run, return to his hiding spot, shift back to human form and get dressed without being noticed.

Tara smiled holding the note and flower in her hand. She then checked the time on her watch. It was 6:05 AM. But, when she thought about their last talk during their late night walk, she felt a little unsettled. If she could help it, she was determined to get to the bottom of whatever it was troubling him. She got up of bed, did some push ups and sit ups then had a quick shower. She fixed her hair, brushed her teeth and dressed.. Lastly, she cracked open her Accounting text book and read a few more chapters before doing some questions and before she was done, Sam returned, had a shower after he blew her a kiss.

An hour later, while on their way to breakfast in the resort's general dinning area, they signed up for horse back riding at the front desk. It would be a good three hours before their excursion would begin. So, they went for a swim in the large infinity pool then jet skied for an hour. With enough time to spare, they had a quick snack before joining a group of people in the lobby who were waiting on the chartered bus that would take them to the trails.

~0~


A small group of six people, Sam and Tara included, began their five mile trek on horseback. It included going up a steep forrested hill, coming back down on the flat, then ending up at the beach. At the start of the journey, the ground was slippery and Tara being inexperienced was a bit concerned about falling off her horse while it tried to get a good footing on the steep slick slope. Sam made sure to ride close behind her urging her onwards with encouraging words. She found that her horse was perceptive and when she calmed down, it calmed down too.

When they came to the top of the hill, everyone got off their horses, tied the reins securely to posts and took a breather. The scenery up high in the hills was spectacular. Everywhere around them was nothing but green rolling hills. As they were all standing on a large wooden deck, a wide river ran below them. It was crystal clear and they could see locals either fishing or setting traps for crayfish. Gradually, the rest of the group moved away to take pictures with their cameras, leaving Sam and Tara by themselves on the deck.


"What is Wyoming like?" Tara finally asked.

"It's huge, dry, mountainous. It's quite beautiful." Sam answered looking straight ahead at the scenery before them.

"Sounds like a nice place. Made friends?"

"Yeah, some." Sam said shrugging his shoulder.

"Girl friend?" Tara came out and asked.

"Yes, Luna." Sam answered, his tone fell.

"Shifter?" Tara pressed.

"Yes." He said. Still staring ahead, his eyes looked distant.


Their conversation was suddenly interrupted when the guide announced that it was time for them to continue their trail.

When the group made it down the hill and continued onwards on the stretch, Sam and Tara lingered behind the rest of them. The guide stayed up front, and wasn't too concerned about them as he could tell that Sam knew his way around horses.


"Sam, usually you are upfront about everything with me, until now. I know I shouldn't be asking you too much about your past, but, why is it you didn't come right out and say you had a girlfriend until I practically dug it out of you?" Tara asked. Her horse began to knicker sensing a change in her demeanor.

"OK. You want to know what really happened between me and Luna? Well, we were datin' for a while, we got serious, then I found out she was cheating on me. So, I ended it. End of story." Sam replied, his voice sharpening. His horse to began to show signs of anxiety, mirroring his own.


At first instance, Tara didn't know what to say except to apologize.


"Sam, I'm so sorry. But, I felt …. look, I'm sorry that you had to go through having your heart broken like that. Trust me, I've had my fair share of cheatin' boyfriends too."

"No, I'm the one who should apologize. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I'm sorry. And you're right, I should've been more forthcoming, which is what we had agreed to do with each other, to be honest and open. You're my girlfriend and you have a right to know these things." Sam said calming down.

“Still, I shouldn't have pried. I should've given you a chance to open up in your own time. We don't have to talk about this right now. I understand you not wanting to relive the pain."

"Thank you. You are the one I want."

"What makes you say that, hon?"

"Because I know you. I know you're thinking that I may still have feelings for her, and quite frankly, I don't. I don't miss her. I don't want to have anything to do with her. She means nothing to me. It's been nearly seven years since we broke up and I haven't kept in touch with her since.”

"I'm glad we met. I'm glad to have you in my life." Tara said looking into his eyes. She stretched forward and gave her horse a reassuring pat on its neck, its rump slightly bumping into Sam's horse.

"Me too." Sam replied and winked. He knew deep down that without a doubt, that Tara was the one for him, and no one else.

"Oh look, the beach!" Tara exclaimed, looking up ahead.

"OK Tara. Remember to keep a good grip on your reins, but don't pull on them. Relax your arms and let the horse do the rest." Sam advised.


Then, one behind the other, the horses followed the guide's horse ahead of them and trotted into the shallow part of the water until they got to the deeper parts. They kept going until their legs were no longer touching the bottom. Tara felt the excitement rising in her chest and held her breath not knowing what else to expect. Then, she exhaled and calmly breathed again when she felt the horse's muscles flexing under her leather saddle as it kicked its legs forward and pull them back sharply as though it were in canter mode. While it kept its head above the water, its nostrils flared. The horse didn't struggle or make a fuss, rather it moved gracefully through the clear medium. In a single file, the horses with their passengers in tow swam a good length of the beach before returning to shore.

At the end of the ride, everyone were smiling even though they were tired and a bit parched. They all drank cool coconut water plucked from the tree. The guide complimented everyone on a job well done and even told Tara that she was a natural. She told him that she had a good teacher and smiled at Sam when she said this.

~0*0~












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.