Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

CHAPTER 16: HOME SWEET

Waking up to wonderful scents of fried eggs, bacon and ho-cakes in the morning, Tara yawned and stretched. Oddly enough, she got a feeling of home. As she opened her eyes and looked around, she was beginning to think she was dreaming. To begin with, the room was unfamiliar and so was the bed she was in.

“Hold on. Where am I?”, she asked herself as she quickly raised her self up in a seated position.

The last thing she remembered was sitting next to Sam in his truck, chatting and laughing away with him as they drove to Bon Temps from the airport. What she didn't remember was falling asleep on his lap,being lifted out of the vehicle and being carried into their new home.

Tossing the white fluffy duvet aside she wiggled herself to edge of bed, swung her legs over the side and placed her feet squarely on the hardwood floor. Looking down she noticed that she was dressed in one of her Kitty Pride t-shirt nighties while on the floor next to the bed were a pair of her favorite bunny rabbit bed-slippers.

She stood up and walked over to the closet. When she opened it, she noticed all her clothes were hanging in there and her shoes were neatly placed on the floor below. She smiled to herself while she could hear the sound of pots and pans banging in the direction in which the delicious scents came from.

She put on her bunny-slippers and exited the bedroom. She walked down to the end of the hall and paused. From across the living room, she saw Sam in the kitchen and said to him smiling, “Sam!” Sam who was standing in front of the stove, looked up and called out above the noise he was making, “Hey baby!”,.

She looked all around as she gradually made her way toward the kitchen. Meeting her half-way, Sam looked at her delighted expression and caught himself beaming from ear to ear.

“Well, what d'ya think? D'ya like it?”, he asked as he watched her taking in the place. He could have guessed by the look upon her face that she loved their new home. But, he wanted to hear it from her.

“Like it? I love it! This is amazing Sam.”, she replied and met his stares.

“Come, sit, eat before your breakfast gets cold.”, he said taking her hand and guiding her to the dining table.

“Sam, I can't believe it. What you've done to this place is short of a miracle. And that bed. Wakin' up in that piece of heaven, I thought I was back at the resort.”, Tara said barely able to contain her excitement. She was so excited that she forgot she was hungry and turned right back around and ran off to visit each and every room.

“Oh my God. Sam, a soaker tub!”, Tara exclaimed from the bathroom while he remained seated at the table calmly sipping a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.

Sam could feel her happiness literally bouncing off from the freshly painted walls. Eventually, she rejoined him at the table and asked him what seemed to be a million questions per minute. He didn't answer any. Not one. He just sat there and watched her jibber-jabber away with her eyes sparkling and her face lit up. Silently, he bit down on a piece of crispy bacon and smiled.

~0*0~

In the months that followed, Sam and Tara got in a routine of living together. Everything was going pretty well. Business at Merlotte's had picked up since Jonas Bar, the bar a mile away had burned down. With no other bars for miles around, everyone from Renard county pretty much came to Merlotte's to wet their whistle. No one knows for sure how the fire started but the owners claimed it was an accident. Bill Compton, however, thought differently. He believed it was the work of arsonist and the owners didn't want to report it to the police. He and Sookie came by for a visit and during the visit, Bill decided to share what news he had about the fire incident with Sam.

“So you think it was the work of arsonists, but, it is strange that Pete at least report it to the police?”, Sam asked Bill.

“They wouldn't want the police to come sniffing when they had a crystal meth lab hiding in their basement.”, Bill said.

“Pete Jonas a meth dealer?” Sam exclaimed in disbelief. Since he moved to Bon Temps, he knew Pete and he striked him as a pleasant middle-aged man. He'd been at his bar before and thought it was a bit run down. For years, his jute box never worked and he only served liquor.

He, Sookie, Bill, and Tara were all in the living room chatting. Bill and Sookie visited regularly and the four of them would sometimes have game's night or go on double dates.

“It appears his bar was just a front.” Bill said holding a bottle of warm True Blood in his cool hands.

“D'ya think the fire was out of retaliation for a deal gone bad ?” Sam asked.

“That is a possibility. It was a small operation no one else apart from his wife and son knew about. He was careful about moving his merchandise. He had a few pushers who mainly did buisness outside of town.”

“That explains why more customers are coming to my place. Maybe my place is next. So, how d'ya know all this?”, Sam asked.

“I glamored him.”

“Okay, why?”

“It's my job to investigate everything both legal and illegal and report back to the sheriff of area 5.”

“Area 5? Sheriff?”, Sam asked with a puzzled look upon his face.

“He means Eric.” Sookie interjected.

“Oh, right. How come you are investigating a fire that destroyed property that does not belong to a vampire?”, Sam asked.

“Our kind is always under constant threat so we make it our business to be aware of any trouble-makers in our district. Humans and otherwise.”, Bill stated placing his bottle on a coaster atop the coffee table.

“Well, d'ya at least know who is responsible?”, Sam asked.

“No, not as yet. Although I did pick up on two unfamiliar scents.”, Bill said.

~0*0~

It was about midnight when Bill and Sookie bade their farewells. Tara hugged Sookie before she hopped into Bill's car.

Thanks for coming by guys. This was fun.”, Sam said standing next to Tara. They both waved at Sookie and Bill while they were seated in Bill's black BMW sedan.

"Thanks for having us.”, Sookie responded with a smile.

"Hey, guys, don't forget Assassins next week, ok?”, Tara said. They had spoken about double dating before and tonight, they all agreed on going to the new club in Vanceville.

“Do they serve TruBlood?”, Bill asked.

“Yes. They do.”, Tara replied. 

She was glad he was interested in going to Assassins. She was surprised to learn that he was up to date on the latest songs and dance moves. 

“Yay! So that's settled.”, Sookie said then Bill started up the engine.

“Hey, Bill. Once you got any leads, let me know.”. Sam said referring to the fire investigation.

“Of course.”

~0*0~












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.