Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 photo 8fe44961-87f6-42af-8540-8a692d8f4dd8_zps7c1406d4.jpg" alt="The Preacher's Son" />




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to give you an update on The Preacher's Son, my first published work.

The book is finished and I've included the cover for you guys to look at.

I wouldn't be to this point if it hadn't been for all of your support.

I originally wrote "The Preacher's Son" in  2009 and I remember that when I brought the story here to The Chamber, how quickly I was embraced by all of you.  I've never looked back and I consider all of you guys on The Chamber to be my extended family.

With that being said, I found a wealth of talent on this site and some of the best stories that I've ever read.  A lot of the writers are in school, getting degrees and I feel that the world should be reading their stories!

Even though I'm just beginning the journey and I haven't sold one copy yet, I want to reach back and help other writers on this site to realize their dream as you guys have inspired me to realize my own.

One thing I've learned in my journey is that professional editing and a professional cover for your book is just as important as the contents of the book itself. Professional editing is expensive, but worth every penny.  I had a great editor who polished my story and made it so much better.  The average cost of professional editing is two cents a word and more than that in a lot of places.

If you're a wordy person like myself, then that can get expensive and it's scary putting out money when you haven't sold a thing yet.

That's why I have decided to donate to The Chamber twenty percent of my net profits from this book towards helping upcoming writers realize their dream.  This money can be used to help pay for professional services.

I have talked to Jacci and I would like to have you guys imput on how to go about distributing the money. Prizes could be awarded quarterly for $300 to an unpublished writer here on the Chamber who met the guidelines that will be established.  I need you guys help on what those guidelines should be.

Now as I have said, I haven't earned a dime yet, but I am confident that with your support we can do this!

The Preacher's Son will be available for sale in about 10 days.  I need you guys support in order to realize my dream!

It will take an additional 6-8 weeks for the book to be available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, but I would prefer that you bought the book straight from my publisher LULU because the royalties would be greater!  Amazon and Barnes and Noble will take a big bite out of the bottom line if you purchase from them!

I will keep you posted on the release date.  I am so excited about this!  Not only because I'm publishing, but also because I'm going to help others to see their dream come true too!

I would like to get the rules of the contest done as soon as possible, so please give me (and Jacci) your imput on what those rules should be.  

If all goes well, I hope to be able to kick the contest off sometime early summer.  It all depends on how the book does, so please invest in me and in yourselves.  

The ebook will be $5.99, the softcover will be $18.99 and the hardcover $34.99.

Once I get my copies and give them the final approval to release it for sale, I will provide a link for you guys to purchase the book. 

Thanks again in advance for all your support!

Brenda












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.