Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hey all, this is an oldie, but hopefully goodie that I wrote after the Supernatural season 5 and Vampire Diaries season 1 finales. Also, this is another Bonnie/Dean fic. Hope you all enjoy.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Bonnie's POV

Mystic Falls has a way of killing any semblance of happiness that lies within. Trust me on this. And if you still don't believe me at the end of this tale, then the next round's on me.

It was the second semester of my junior year in high school. Don't ask me about the first one, because honestly, you wouldn't believe me. Anyway, my two best friends, Elena and Caroline, and I sat in at the Mystic Grill, our town's only real reason for existing, and caught up on all of the things that we had missed. And there had been a lot. For instance, there was the car accident that Caroline had been in just a few months before. The vampire device had affected Tyler- which no one had expected. Matt freaked out. No one was paying attention to the road, and then BAM! They crashed. Oddly enough, Caroline didn't show signs of injury until after she had stepped out of the car. But once she passed out, it was pretty clear that there was not one, but two wounded parties. She had recovered from her brief coma in no time, but her memory still came and went. I envied her.

I envied her ability to fall asleep completely ignorant to the night's unforgiving fury. I envied the way that, shallow and insecure as she was, she had no real reason to hate anyone. She hadn't spent weeks after her grandmother's death crying black and purple tears that never seemed to dry because there was nothing else that she could do. No spell. No bargain. Not a single damn thing could bring Grams back, and it tore her to pieces daily. She didn't finally run out of tears, only to find herself empty inside and pissed at the world for going on with its life when her grandmother never would. She hadn't avoided her friends using that "I have to plan the funeral" excuse weeks after her grandmother had been placed into the cold, hard ground, her own soul growing even colder and harder, and toying with a sweeter kind of darkness that enticed her and made Damon look about as dangerous as a spoiled two-year old.

She hadn't come back to school greeted by pitying eyes that quickly turned unforgiving when she rightfully found someone to blame in the Salvatore brothers, and consequently her best friend too. Sticks and stones may have broken my bones, but their whispers came back to hurt me.

No, she didn't know about the vampire killing device, Katherine, Elena's revelation about her vampire mother, or the fire that had almost killed me, and half the town-the supernatural part that is-, and the one thing Elena and I had agreed upon was that we would keep it that way. So we decided that this little outing would be all about catching up on our friendship. The sisterhood.

"So," said Caroline, "What gossip did I miss, while I was away?" Away. She made it seem like she had been vacationing in Cabo. This is why we loved her. She hated talking about unpleasant things almost as much as Elena and I hated living through them.

Elena and I looked at each other and simultaneously said,"Nothing much."

"You guys are always leaving me out! I swear sometimes, it feels like I'm the ugly stepsister, always competing against the beauty and the bi-"

"Bonnie, and I aren't keeping anything from you Caroline. It's just that, well..."

"Well what?" She looked from me to Elena and back to me, but neither one of us could figure out a way to tell her that we had barely spoken since her accident without arousing suspicion. And to tell the truth, Elena had been acting very strange lately. Kissing Damon one minute, and then acting head over heels in love with Stephen the next. I even saw her make a pass at Matt once, but I sure as hell was not going to tell Caroline that. Plus, Elena didn't even know that I had been spying on her these past few weeks, and I didn't want our first confrontation to be in front of Caroline.

"We've just had so much going on at school that there hasn't been much time for gossip." Caroline didn't look satisfied, and I knew that she didn't fully believe my explanation, but Matt was working tonight, and she hadn't seen him since she had been released from the hospital yesterday.

He made his way over to our table and Elena and I stifled a giggle as Caroline tried, and comically failed, to inconspicuously push her already low cut top further down.

Matt was just ending his shift for the night and decided to slide next to Caroline and help her finish her stale fries and congealing burger.

"So, what are you girls up to?" He asked taking a sip of her diet cola and making a face.

"No, no, no, Matt! This is Ladies Night! No boys allowed!" She tried to stand her ground against the adorable dirty blond, but everyone could tell that she loved the attention.

Matt had visited Caroline everyday that she was in the hospital, from the first day that she was admitted, until the last night of her stay. He was the first face that she saw when she had come out of her coma, and he even helped her mom out by taking her home when she was released. Caroline complained a lot about how her bad luck had landed her in the hospital with head trauma, but even she couldn't deny that, underneath all of the Why-Me's, the crash had strengthened their relationship.

"But I haven't seen you since you were released," he snuggled closer to her, and then dropped his voice a couple of pitches, "and you should really be in bed."

"Why?" Caroline asked, ignoring the fake gagging sounds that Elena was making. "Are you offering to tuck me in?"

"So what if I am?" Oh Hell! I thought, Why don't you two just dry hump on the table and get it over with? Though I suppose that they were a cute couple. You know, if you disregarded the hot and heavy make-out with which they were currently privileging us; Matt because he was just hard up, and Caroline because, even though she was fairly certain that her relationship with Matt was safe, she still couldn't resist marking her territory where Elena was concerned.

"Come on, you two. Get a room." Elena laugheduproariously, causing me to join her. She and I had been poking each other in the side ever since Matt had sat down, in the attempt to stop the other from laughing or otherwise embarrassing Caroline. But as you can see, we'd failed.

"We'll get right on that," Matt said to Elena while showering Caroline with his Do Me eyes. She was thrilled, and Elena and I both knew that the price for practically ignoring Elena for Caroline was high, and his compensation began and ended with Caroline herself. Oh yes! He would definitely be getting some tonight.

After the couple left, Elena and I commented on how funny they were, and how satisfied that she was now that Caroline had stopped being so jealous of her. To anyone else, this statement might have sounded conceited, but it was the truth. So, boys liked Elena! Nothing was new, but she didn't let it get to her head. Plus, she was happy with Stephen. Or at least, this is what I had always thought. Now, I didn't know what to believe. I wanted so badly to cast a truth spell on the girl, but I had been trying hard not to use my powers. It was getting tougher not to use them for evil, though fighting evil with evil wasn't that much of a crime in my book. And evil, felt good. Oh God! I was starting to sound like a Salvatore. Ugh, speaking of which, one of the walking blood bags started to approach us. Well, you know what they say,"Speak of the Devil, and he doth appear."

"Hello, Bonnie." I gave a tight smile. Hey, I had come a long way, but I still couldn't pretend that I liked Stephen. Elena would have seen right through me anyway.

"Stephen, what are you doing here? I told you that I was having a Girls' Night?" Elena said, saving me the agony of being cordial.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I just thought that since Damon was gone for the weekend, you and I could..." he trailed off and Elena turned to me. I could tell that she wanted badly to leave, but wouldn't do so unless I gave her the okay. So I dismissed her. What was I supposed to do? Make her choose? That was the reason that I had started avoiding her in the first place. I didn't want her to have to choose between me and the boy that she loved. Or the boy that she claimed to love but, well, cheated on? I needed a drink. Fast!

I ordered a gin and tonic on the rocks, and sat there staring angrily at the liquor bottles behind the bar, using my powers to break each of them one by one, until vodka, beer, and scotch mixed into a honey golden river of glass dust. A slow smile crept over my lips, and I couldn't help the delicious feeling that came from being so bad. It was addicting. Suddenly, I understood bloodlust. Only, I wasn't thirsty for it in a literal since. I thirsted to feel it on my fingers, running down my palms in hot streams.

That's when he came in. He was a tall, dirty blond, modern-day James Dean with a deep raspy voice and green eyes that looked as if they had seen and done it all. He ordered a whiskey and then fondled the drink in his large, and very capable hands. I couldn't help wondering just what they were capable of.

Under the bar, our knees clicked, and I felt an overwhelming sense of emotions. Underneath that that bad-boy swagger and sexy smirk, not to mention, constant lust, there was an overwhelming sense of pain and loss. This cutie was angry at the world and wanted to take it out on someone. No, something. For some reason, I got the feeling that he hadn't just come to Mystic falls for its extensive history and southern hospitality. No, he had come in search of evil with a full arsenal set to stop it where it dwelled. A man after my own heart.

In another lifetime, he and I could have been great friends. But he had a million ways to send me to Hell. And that summer, he tried every single one of them.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.