Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

She was kept in the coma for three weeks until Patrick decided it was time to wake her up. Most of the swelling had gone down. There were still bruises and her hands were still bandaged. It took hours for her to wake up. When she did, Patrick questioned her.

“Do you know who did this?” Patrick asked. She did not need to look at Jason to know how to answer the question.

“I don’t remember anything. Will I?” She was trying to focus on his face but her vision was still blurry.

“It’s hard to tell. Some people remember some never do.” He hoped she never did. “Detective Taggart and Mac Scorpio want to interview Nicki.”

“Can you hold them off? Justice will be here in an hour.” Jason moved his chair back to her bed.

“Sure.” Patrick left closing the door as he did.

“He’s going to die as soon as I can get you and the baby safe.” He looked her in the eye. “If anyone asks the baby I mine. When you get better, I want you to marry me. No one will touch my wife and child.”

“He killed Grams.” She began to shake. “I want him dead Jason. I don’t care what he did to me. He killed her.”

Jason nodded. Johnny was dead anyway. Moreno could not hide his kid forever.

"Now you step aside. I will visit that sweet young girl if it's the last thing I do." Nicole smiled when she heard the old man’s voice.

"Jason?" Her eyes pleaded with him. He opened the door as the family shuffled in. "I have been waiting for days to tell you you are wrong."

"About what dear? Alice move." Edward huffed moving past the giant woman.

"Shakespeare's son was called Hamnet not Hamlet." She gave him a weak smile.

"Are you certain?" She nodded. His blue eyes softened. “It has never been my way to argue with a lady."

"I hate to interrupt but a certain young woman needs her rest. That medication will be taking affect anytime now.” Patrick smiled as he ushered the visitors out of the door. Jason held her hand while she slept.

 Mac and Taggart came into the room several hours later. Jason and Justice stood by her side.

“Ms. Cannon. I need you to tell us what happened.” Taggart stared at her.

“Go away.” She whispered bowing her head.

“Unfortunately, we can’t do that.” Mac said gently. “You’re grandmother was beaten to death. You were raped and beaten. I need to know what happened.”

“I don’t remember.” She stared at them defiantly.

“Someone beat and raped you; your child could still die. What the hell is wrong with you?” Taggart shouted.

“That’s enough.” Patrick said from the door. “I told you she has had massive head trauma memory loss is to be expected.”

“I think she’s lying.” Taggart took a step towards her. “Let me ask a question you may know the answer too. Who is the father of your baby?”

She glared at the bald man. “Jason Morgan.”

“Then Jason Morgan you are under arrest for the statutory rape of Nicole Cannon.” Taggart took out his handcuffs. Jason sighed. “What no protest?”

“Let’s just get this over with.” He sighed. “Give me an hour.”

Nicole smiled at him. The group left. She did not know what Jason was doing but she knew she had to trust him. She had no choice. Johnny in his stupidity gave her someone to fight for. She was having a baby.

Nicole knew Jason would make him pay for what he did to her grandmother. She was not afraid; she knew if Johnny came for her, she would kill him herself.

=

 For now, she trusted Jason.

Her door flung open. A short white woman in a white lab coat stood there. Nicki did not like her. She knew the type of person. She thought she knew what was best for everyone.

“Why did Taggart arrest Jason?” The woman asked coldly.

“Get out.” Nicki said equally as bitter.

“Jason…” Robin watched a smile spread across her face. “What?”

“You love him.” She smirked. “But he doesn’t love you.” 

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” She folded her arms across her nonexistent chest.

Nicki gave her a sly smile. “I know Jason. We spent two weeks getting to know each other. When I leave here, I’m going home with him. Me and our baby.”

Robin turned around when she heard a gasp. Liz stood white faced. Her hand covered her mouth. Nicki yawned as if bored. “Oh wow, another one.”

“You don’t know anything about Jason.” Robin said angrily.

“Let’s see, I know that you were the first person to notice he was awake from his coma. You made Sonny fire him and he never really trusted you after that. You told his brother about Michael’s paternity and then testified for the man who kidnapped him. Funny thing is my Doctor is Michael's father. Must suck to be you.” Nicki smirked again. “This is real life little girl. I am not Carly. I won’t lose Jason to you or that slut. I’ve spent too many years playing the game. Jason Morgan is as good as it gets in this world. You think he would choose you over me? After everything I went through for him, no one will.”

She pressed the call button several times. Patrick came running into the room. Nicki's eyes filled with tears. “What’s wrong?”

“I told them I could not remember.” She quietly sobbed. Patrick checked her vitals and gave her a soft smile.

“Get some rest.” He grabbed Robin by the arm. He snatched Liz’s coat as she tried to leave. “I don’t want either of you near Nicole. Do you understand?”

“Dr. Drake!” Allan Quatermaine raced around the corner. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Saving a very traumatized patient from your son’s jealous ex girlfriend’s.” He released his hold on them. “Jason admitted to being the father of Nicole’s child. Taggart arrested him for statutory rape. I went to check on other patients next thing I know her call light is going off and she’s in tears.”

“Robin, Liz you are not to go aware near this patient. How is she Patrick?” He asked. Monica had filled him in on the case. He went to visit her twice. Jason was always next to there. He sighed, he would have to tell the family the baby was Jason's.

Patrick nodded. “I think Taggart is angry about the memory loss. It is frustrating but not unexpected. I thought it would be more significant maybe it’s more mental than physical.”

“We should have Lainey talk to her.” He recommended.

“I suggested it but Jason refused and he has power of attorney.” Patrick sighed.

“This is another mess.” He walked away prepared to tell Monica she had another grandchild that they would not be able to see.

Patrick looked at the two women in disgust. He turned to the guard. “Remember the Chief of Staff said they were to say away from Ms. Cannon.”

The gruff man nodded. He had seen Morgan’s face and did not want to be on the wrong side of his boss’s anger.

“Taggart, Mac, A copy of Nicole’s original birth certificate and a statement saying she was nineteen when the sex took place. An order of release.” Justice smiled smugly.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.