Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Jason sat in the chair and watched her sleep. Her hand was still bandaged, though the swelling was completely gone, he could still make out the bruises. Another wave of guilt stirred in the pit of his stomach. He should never have left her alone. He could have taken her with him and made it look like a kidnapping while he searched for her grandmother. He could have done anything except leave her alone.

The door swung open Patrick stood there with her chart. “Jason.”

“How is she doing?” He asked never taking his eye off the girl.

“Nicole is doing great. I am taking the catheter out today and she can go home tomorrow barring any complications.” He checked the monitors. “After what happened today I think it would be best.”

“What happened?” Jason looked confused.

“Robin and Liz,” Patrick took a deep breath. “Look I know this is none of my business but I’m going to say it any way. I know you loved Robin and Liz but this girl needs you on her side 100% of the time. You can’t go back and forth between Robin and Liz. Nicole needs to know that you won’t set her aside for anyone else. She isn’t strong enough to take the rejection especially if she starts to remember what happened to her. You need to decide where your loyalties’ lie before she starts to depend on you.”

“Nicole is the only person that matters.” He said gruffly.

“Good. You may want to let the Barbie twins know while I remove the catheter.”  Jason nodded and left the room.

Sonny was waiting for him in the hall. “How is she?”

“Patrick may release her tomorrow.” He looked past the man to Liz who was lurking nearby. “Can you stay here? I need to handle something.”

“Sure,” Sonny took his seat again.

Jason walked around the corner; taking Liz’s arm, he dragged her into an empty waiting room.

“Stay away from Nicole.” He said coldly.

“Jason I…” She put her hand on his chest but he knocked it away.

“Stop trying to play me. I’m done with your games.” He glared at her. Years of suppressed anger over flowed. “Carly tried to warn me but I refused to listen.”

“Carly? Jason, Carly has always hated me. She hates that we have a child.” Tears welled up in her eyes.

“Stop it Liz, you can’t manipulate me anymore. Nicole showed me what a real woman is. She was willing to sacrifice herself to save my life. A man she did not know.” He dragged his hand through his hair, emotion overwhelming him. “Stay away from us Elizabeth. Go home to Lucky and your children. You made your decisions and I made mine.”

“But Jason,” She whined.

“We’re over. You made that decision too remember?” He looked her in the eye. They turned an ice blue. She had never seen Jason this uncaring. “We are over. Never come to me for anything again and if you try to hurt Nicole like you did Carly I’ll kill you.”

Elizabeth stood in the lounge in shock. Jason had just turned on her to protect a girl he barely knew. If he thought she was going to stand back and watch someone else take her place he had better think again. She had spent ten years and two children to make sure he always chose her. Now this tramp thought she was going to take her position it was not going to happen. There was a lot more to this story then he was saying and this girl was the key to getting him back into her life. She could never marry him, it was too dangerous but she was not going to lose her lover. She was not Robin. She was going to fight for her man.

Jason got back just as they were finishing up. He thanked Sonny.

“I told Elizabeth it was over for good. She isn’t allowed anywhere near me or Nicole.” He sighed.

Sonny nodded. He understood Jason’s dilemma. Liz did not want him to claim his child but she wanted him as her lover. The last years had been hell on all of them and she had been the center of it. Now Nicole, she had put her life on the line knowing Johnny would eventually find out she betrayed him. She saved Jason. He would owe her forever.

“Can you call Carly for me?” Sonny nodded. “Ask her to open the house I bought. Have Renaldo handle the security. I want everything air tight.”

“Got you man.” Sonny touched his friend’s shoulder as he left the hospital.

“Hey,” He whispered to Nicole as the doctors and nurses filed out. “Are you ready to go home?”

“I don’t have a home.” She looked over his shoulder at the wall.

“I have a house, it’s beautiful. You can decorate it yourself. It has a pool and a game room.” She smiled.

“I can’t swim.” She muttered.

“I can teach you.” He gently took her hand. “No one’s going to hurt you again.”

Tears spilled from her eyes at his gentle proclamation. She believed him. He could keep her safe. All she had to do was get rid of the two women that everyone seemed to think controlled his life. Johnny had talked a lot about Elizabeth Webber and Robin Scorpio. They had been the cause of many break-ups in Jason’s life. They were a threat to her child’s future. They had to go, permanently.

“When are we going to get married?” She asked softly allowing the blush to appear.

Jason laughed. “Next week.”

She shook her head. “Today, everyone needs to know I’m yours before we leave this hospital. I, I don’t want to take any chances.”

He opened his phone and called Sonny again. After a brief conversation, he tracked down Patrick and made arrangements with the hospital.

Robin watched from the nurses’ station as flowers were carried by.

“Isn’t it so romantic?” Amy asked as she smiled dreamily.

“What?” Robin watched Father Luke walking behind Sonny.

“Jason is marrying Nicole. I mean after all she’s been through they are finally doing it.” Amy took her clipboard and walked away.

Carly stopped to gloat at the gaping doctor. “Funny, you have been kick to the curb twice in one night; first by Patrick now by Jason. He must really love her”

“Go away Carly. No one wants you here.” Robin gripped the chart she held.

“It looks like no one wants you either.” Carly waved and walked away from the woman she hated.

Carly stood next to the bed holding the bouquet as her friend said his vows. He was determined. Nicole was going to be protected. In the last few months, Jason told her everything the girl had gone through to protect him and her grandmother. The tough blonde had nothing but respect for the young girl. Of course, she knew the kid had a plan to keep her child safe and the first part was to marry Jason. Carly had seen the look on Nicki’s face when Liz walked past the room. She was going to bury the nurse and Carly could not wait to see it happen.

The ceremony was quick. Jason left Carly and Sonny to thank everyone. He stayed with Nicki. She had drifted off to sleep soon afterward. He held her hand when the physical therapist came and worked her hand and leg, which was still in a cast. By the next night, they were home. They lay in the large bed as they did months ago and watched movies until they fell asleep.

That was how Sonny found them with Jason’s body wrapped around her. He frowned. She stroked Jason’s arm with her good hand. It was as if she was comforting him even when they slept. Nicki was a strong kid. His reason for coming quickly forgotten, Sonny left them to sleep anything else could wait until the next day.

Soft sobs woke him later that night. Jason sat up aware she was not in the bed next to him. He followed the sound to the guest room. She lay on the bed sobbing.

“Are you hurt?” He asked as he knelt next to her.

“No, I don’t know what’s wrong. I was sleeping fine then…I don’t know.” He gathered her into his arms and carried her back to their room. She was grieving and she did not understand it. Years of hiding her emotions had left her disconnected. He placed her in the bed and wrapped his arms around her careful of her injuries.

“My grandmother Lila is a great woman. She would pretest us with her life. Tell me about your grandmother.”

She fell back into an exhausted sleep. After hours of talking to her Jason knew what she needed. He made two calls. After Laura showed up, he left with Luke. He did not care what it took Nicole was going to feel safe.

“I get ordered around in my own house?” Edward grumbled. He did not know what possessed Jason to call this meeting or way it included his mobster friends.

“Thank you all for coming. Grandmother made me an offer and I rejected it. But I've changed my mind.” Jason let his eyes wonder over the crowd.

“We all know Nicole's attack stemmed from her protecting Jason. She lost what little family she had because of it.” Lila took a sad breath. “Jason has agreed to move back into the mansion with Nicki while his men work on their home if we all agree to the upgrade in security and we promise not to argue around her.”

“Nicki's family were good people. She feels alone without that security...she's having a hard time.” Jason shrugged. “She heard all of you talking to her. She knows you. I...”

Edward touched his grandsons shoulder. “She likes to read and the den is off the garden. Alice could turn that into a bedroom before the day is out.”

“We can have the security system in place by tonight.” Sonny smiled.

“Go take care of your wife.” Carly hugged him. “We can pull this together.”

Jason nodded refusing to allow the pent up tears to fall. He needed to protect Nicki not cry.

“I’ll have what you were looking for in a few hours.” Luke promised.

Lila smiled at Carly. “So where should we start?”

Nicole woke up at noon Jason was packing his things. “What are you doing?”

“I want you to feel safe,” He said as he sat on the bed next to her. “I know a part of that is being around family. Since you don’t have yours I’m taking you to mine. Cook has already called asking for your favorite meals.”

“Thank you Jason.” A tear slipped from her brown eye.

“How do you feel?” He asked softly touching her face.

“I want this cast off. It itches.” She frowned.

“It will stay on until Patrick says it can come off.” She flinched. “I’m sorry. His father shipped him out of the country.”

“Let it slip that I’m alive and pregnant. He will come running back for this baby.” She said somberly.

“No.”

“Yes, it’s the best plan and I want this over before I have our child.” She took his face in her hands. “This baby could easily be yours Jason. Johnny has been trying for years to have a kid with Maria. I get pregnant that first week. I’m not drinking the kool-aid.”

“Kool-aid?” Jason smiled.

“It’s the right plan.” She insisted.

“I won’t make you vulnerable.” He shook his head.

“I trust you to protect me but remember I spent most of my teenage years under Johnny’s thumb. No one knows him better than I do. He wants a child more than he wanted me. He breathes to be a parent. He hates his father. He hates himself but he believes he can be a better father then Monroe.”

“Marie?” He listened intently.

“Hate all of them. Johnny killed his cousin, James; Maria loved James. Three days after they buried him they made Maria marry Johnny.” She said confidently. “Maria won’t betray the family but she will pass on a message from me.”

“How?” Jason asked.

“Give me a phone.” Jason handed her his cell. He watched as she dialed.

“What?” A groggy voice said through the speakerphone.

“Long time no hear.”

“Nicki? Oh my God! I thought Johnny killed you.” Jason heard a choking sob. “Baby girl if I could have I would have killed him first.”

“I need you to get a message to Johnny.” She said handing Jason the phone.

“Sure sweetie anything.”

“Tell Johnny he better stay under ground. Nicki and the baby belong to me. If he comes after them he is going to die.” Jason closed the phone.

Maria fell back into her pink bed. Her lover lay next to her. Frank was Johnny’s right hand man and her guard. Everyone thought he was gay which was why Johnny chose him to protect her. Frank liked to play for both teams.

“Hey babe, Jason Morgan is going to handle our problem.” She smiled sweetly.

Later

Jason carried his wife through the door Max held open. Most of the Quatermaines gathered in the hall to welcome their newest member. They were oddly quiet. Nicki fought a sigh.

“Edward I believe you owe me a game of chess.” She gave him a shy smile.

“As soon as you are settled my dear.” He promised.

Jason shook his head. “Not tonight, games on.”

She laughed. “You know you’re going down.”

“What game darling Lila asked.

“Packers vs the Giants.” Lila gave her a blank look. “Oh Mrs. Lila I have so much to teach you.”

“Cook has prepared dinner. If you don’t mind we would like to join you in the study.” Allan said.

“I’d like that.” She whispered.

“We hope you like it.” Emily stepped forward. She smiled sweetly. “I’m Emily, Jason’s sister.”

The double doors of the study opened. A large bed sat against the far wall facing the fragrant gardens. Edward insisted the desk remain so Jason could do his business here with Nicki. She spied two full stories of books the occupied three walls. Family pictures decorated the walls.

Carly stood next to her as she pointed to the empty spaces. “When get your stuff that is where your family will go.”

A large tear traveled slowly down Nicki’s cheek. Jason held her close. “Welcome home.”

 

Monroe sat across from his daughter-in-law. His nostrils twitched as he absorbed the information. The slut just broke the news that Nicki not only survived the attack but she was pregnant. Jason Morgan had his grandchild. His stupid ass kid fucked up again. “Get Johnny back here tonight.”

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.