Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Nichole woke to the sound of birds chirping and the smell of fresh cut roses. Jason’s warm body wrapped around hers drawing her into him. She became accustomed to it. For a moment in the first minutes between sleep and wake, she was happy. The nightmare dissipated. The only thing that mattered was they were safe, for now.

Their brief stay at the Quatermaine house was ending. She could still hear his laughter from the night before. He seemed lighter yet he had not lost his focus. Johnny was a dead man by either Jason’s hand or hers. The sight of her grandmothers’ body haunted the girl. She knew that fear. Nichole felt it every day of her life since she met the sick bastard.

For many fear paralyzed, it was the inspiration Nichole needed to heal. It became her motivation to survive. It fueled her desire to more forward and past her fate. She would dismantle anyone who stood in her way, including Jason Morgan’s ex-lovers. The women were an annoyance. If needed Nichole would put them down like stray dogs.

“Stop,” Jason whispered in her hair. “You’re safe.”

Nicki trembled in his arms. Jason held her tight against his chest. She did not tell him what she was really feeling. “I want to be a good wife. I want to make you happy.”

Jason looked down at her head astonished. “Nicki you risked your life to save a stranger. You knew what Johnny would do to you and you were brave enough to protect me. You don’t need to make me happy.”

“I'd do it again, because it was right.” She whispered allowing a shiver to pass through her.

There was a brief knock at door before Jason could stand up Carly burst in.

“Carly,” Bobbie admonished. “What if they aren't decent?”

“She just got out of the hospital; Jason isn't jumping her bones yet.” Carly looked over the couple. Jason sighed. “Are you?”

“No, Carly,” Jason sighed with a smile.

“Good, we brought the entire crew, mani, pedie, facials, the whole package.” She enthused.

Nicki squeezed Jason’s hand. “Thanks Carly but…”

“No buts,” Emily came in followed by Monica. “You deserve a treat. Carly brought Fredico. His hands are magic…”

Nicki’s eyes clouded over. She still felt Johnny’s hands on his neck, the impact of his fist against her tender face. She heard the snap of her leg breaking.

Jason watched as she slowly faded away. Carly kept chattering until she noticed Nicole’s horrified look and shaking frame. “Oh God Jason, I didn’t think.”

“None of us did.” Emily said apologetically.

“Nicki?” Jason whispered. “Nicki, please, it’s me. It’s Jason.”

Nicki heard his voice through the haze. Slowly she turned to meet his eyes. He barely heard her whisper. “Don’t let them touch me.”

“No one’s touching you.” He pulled her to him. “Never again.”

At his look, the women quietly shuffled out. Carly leaned against the closed door trying not to remember what the girl looked like in the days after the attack. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Monica took one hand while Bobbie took the other.

“It was a good idea.” Her mother whispered.  They waited silently until the door opened and Jason stood in front of them.

“Why would anyone do that to her?” Emily cried sliding down the wall.

“Because they could not get to Jason.” Ned said from the library. “It didn’t take much to put it together. She protected you and they punished her.”

“What did you drag that precious girl into?” Edward demanded.

“Jason isn’t responsible for every crazy person in the world.” Emily stood angered by the impending attack.

“No he isn’t.” Edward conceded. “But that girl needs protection. She needs to feel safe. That means we think before we do anything. We talk to Jason before we make any plans.”

“Agreed.” They said together.

 

Monroe stood above the bleeding man. Sometimes he hated the kid he made. He was weak like his mother. Slut wife, stupid kid. His only hope was a grandchild with smarts. Nicki was smart. Smarter than any of these bastards. She survived the attack, so did her baby. That was the type of blood he needed.

“What is your plan?” Monroe asked wiping the blood for his hands.

Johnny shuddered when he looked over at his team. His father spent hours torturing them until they died. He knew the only reason he survived was because they were blood. Now he needed a plan. “Wait. I wait for one of his family to drop their guard. Maybe his sister or that girl Carly, then use her as Leverage against Morgan.”

“Good, I want you to understand boy. If you fail I will kill you. I want my Grandson in my arms not Morgans.” Monroe walked to the door stepping through brain matter and intestines.

“Yeah, pop.” Johnny sank back against the wall blood poured from a wound in his head. He knew he should get up so the cleaners could do their job but he did not move. He made a plan. Not to get Nicki back but to ensure Monroe would never touch his son. Nicole’s boy would not live in fear as he did.

Given his size, Johnny should dominate his father but the old man was just mean. He forced ten-year-old Johnny to watch as they murdered his mother and uncle. He still did not know what they did to deserve eight hours of pain. He remembered her wails as his father stripped flesh from bone. Her eyes filled with pain. Johnny should have killed him then but he was afraid. His boy would never be afraid. Johnny would die to make sure of it. Jason Morgan would see that the baby was safe but he would need help.

 

Jason sat behind the desk signing pay roll checks for the coffee house employees when his phone rang. His first thought was Sonny but then he saw the number, Johnny.

“Morgan,” he answered in a harsh tone.

“You want me dead that’s fine, I need to die.” Jason heard the staggered intake of breath. “She made me a better man when I let her. Shouldn’t have done that stuff to her. Promise me the kid won’t be in the mob. I want him to have a better life.”

“Nicki and the baby aren’t your concern.” Frost dripped from his voice.

“I want to make a deal, my life for my sons’. You take me out and my boy gets a good life.”

“Where?”

“You name the place and time.”

“Port street warehouse one hour.” Jason hung up the phone only to open it again. “Max, get the men together.”

 

Johnny’s truck stopped inside the warehouse at the appointed time. Jason stood just inside the giant empty room. Clear plastic lined the floor. It was time to end this. The plastic crinkled as his heavy biker boot touched the material. Jason and his men waited.  

 

 

“Never wanted to hurt her Morgan, not Nicki. I get mad and I lose control. Like my Pop. We get worse every time. his dad, mine, me…” He sat his gun on a nearby create. He slowly walked to the man falling to his feet. “Take care of my boy. Kill Pop so he don’t come after him. Then my Uncle Travis, he’ll take control but he’s worse than my old man. He’ll go after Nicki, kill her and the kid. My cousin Kevin, he went to college, he’s good and fair. He has a family too he’ll keep the peace. He knows I love Nicki. He knows about the baby. He’ll protect them from the family. Just take care of my kid.”

Jason did not speak as he removed his gun. He almost felt sorry for the man kneeling before him. Almost. His bullet ripped through Johnny’s temple. The heavy body fell with a thud to the floor. It was the beginning.

“Clean it up; use the lye mixture to dissolve the body.” Jason instructed moving to his car. He opened his phone. “It’s done, move in.”

The newspapers’ called it the Moorhead massacre since Moreno and his brother Travis were meeting with his Lieutenants at the Moorhead restaurant. They compared the Valentine Day massacre in Chicago. Twenty-two men and women died in a spray of bullets. The gas line was broken as a single match sent it up in flames.

Kevin sat down with the five families, Sonny, and Jason. He agreed to their terms. The boy and his mother were off limits to the family. When Jason returned home that night, the Quatermaine men were waiting.

“Did you finish it?” Edward asked handing his grandson a cold beer. “Are they safe?”

“No one is going to hurt Nicki again.” Jason assured.

“Good,” The old man took a breath. “You have joined a unique club in the Quatermaine family. Every man in this room has killed for the woman he loved. Even our Mr. Jacks got rid of that Manny thug after he threatened Carly.”

“Our goal is to make sure our children make better choices. We hope you will join us.”

“I don’t want my son to bear the burden of taking another person’s life.” He replied softly, feeling relieved. “I’m leaving the mob. I’m not going to join ELQ. I want to open the bike shop again; Nicki wants to help at the community center. There’s a lot I can learn from her.”

“Agreed,” Ned applauded. “So you’re moving into your home tomorrow?”

“I want to be settled before the baby comes.” He sat the empty bottle down as he walked to the door.

“We’re always here Jason.” Ned shouted. Jason gave him a small nod.

 

Several months later

Jason wiped the towel across his body as he stepped from the shower. Silence filled the house. Nicki gave birth to their son several days before. Jason Edward Morgan Jr. weighed eight pounds and seven ounces. Carly nick named him Jase.

It took months for his mother to relax in their lives. She attended weekly session with a rape survivors group. Jason was able to convince her that Robin and Elizabeth were not a threat. No matter what happened he would never leave her. She was his life.

Jason entered the quiet room. Nicki slept peacefully in their bed. He could hear Jase’s muted whimpers. His tiny son opened his eyes when he bent over his bassinette.

“Hey little man.” He said as he held him to his chest. “Tomorrow I your Christening, you officially become a Morgan. Jason Edward Morgan Jr. Do you like that?”

The baby yawned comforted by a familiar voice. Jason carried him outside to the veranda. “No one is going to hurt you or your mom. I promise. We are going to have a good life. I’ll teach you how to rebuild an engine when you’re older and maybe in a few years you can have a little sister. Marissa, I like that name. What do you think about that? Did I tell you about my trip to Africa? There are these giant things called…”

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.