Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For those reading...thanks...for those not...yeah...I'll try not to cry...

I'm seriously fusing timelines and seasons here...this is definitely AU...enjoy and hopefully the twists and turns are not confusing you too badly.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Stefan Salvatore."

 

Bonnie stared at the hand extended towards them. Elena slid her palm against the vampires and smiled. He did not bite. No he turned his gray gaze towards Bonnie and waited for her to acknowledge his presence. This was not how her first introduction to Stefan Salvatore occurred. He ignored her and opted to follow Elena down the hall as she chased after her brother. No in this time and place, he was standing still, and extremely interested in the young Bennett. It made her nervous and she was ready to skip the last class of the day and rush home to garner wisdom from her Grams.

 

Had her return to this timeline interfered with history already? She became conscious of the blush in her friend's cheeks and the heavy lashes that shielded her eyes. Elena Gilbert was working overtime to win the war for Stefan's attention.

 

"Salvatore," Bonnie interrupted the three way stare-a-thon, "I met your brother Damon earlier."

 

Stefan's resolve cracked but he quickly recovered, "Really," He paused, "Damon was here."

 

She nodded, "Yes something about registration...classes...immunization forms..."

 

Elena interjected, "Oh was that the hottie, Caroline saw you with?" Yes Mystic Falls' very own Gossip Girl had already mentioned their meet and greet session. Bonnie fully expected to see a full page spread in the morning paper.  

 

Stefan backed away furrowed brows and all, "See you later Bonnie..." He snapped his fingers feigning a vain attempt to recall Elena's name, "See you later Bonnie's friend."

 

"That was weird," Bonnie nodded in agreement with Elena's observation. "See you in class." The brunette turned to catch up with her brother Jeremy.

 

Bonnie's hand reached for Elena's arm, "Go easy on him," She hesitated, "He's going to be okay...he just needs some time."

 

Elena looked at her friend confused, "And you know this how..."

 

A feeling of warmth washed over her, "Call it witch's intuition."

 

Her words did little to clarify the situation for the brunette but she took them and hurried off to the boys' room to confront the younger Gilbert.

 

Bonnie meandered through the hall to her next class. She was trapped in a haze. Damon was aware of their future and based on the brief interaction with Stefan so was he. What had gone wrong with Noah's spell? Immediately she worried about the fate of her children. If and when the balance totally shifted would her babies cease to exist? She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't notice the blur that whirled around her and whisked her into the janitor's closet. When the light flicked on, she found herself face to face with Stefan Salvatore.

 

When he spoke, she didn't feel safe or comforted, "Tell me what you know."

 

Her heart sank. There was something inherently different about this Stefan. She studied him for the first time that day. His eyes were brighter but held a darkness that made her shiver. His cheeks were rosy, which could only mean he recently fed. This was not the Stefan who won her best friend's heart. Bonnie Bennett was in the company of ‘The Ripper'.

 

Bonnie reacted. Her eyes narrowed and she watched as Stefan fell to his knees, with his hands gripping his temples, "No, tell me what you know."

 

She had him until a wry grin curved his lips and he stood to his full height, "Cute Bonnie, but that little trick stopped working on me the year you fell in love with my brother."

 

His words registered as true but she ignored them, "My name is Bonnie Bennett Gilbert and you Stefan The Ripper can go straight to hell, where you belong."

 

He was on her in seconds; hand around her throat and the other threatening to push through her chest and remove her heart. He pressed her against the wall and relished in the sound of her heart thumping violently in her chest, "Where's the fun in that?" He trailed his nose along the length of his neck, "Now I see it," He inhaled, "The fire...the passion...that's what kept him in love with you all those years...the reason why he bedded the women who looked just like you..." He leveled a chaste kiss just above her pulse point, "He cried so hard at your funeral until only blood left his eyes," He released her and created some much needed distance between them, "You're in denial Bonnie."

 

Bonnie said nothing. At the moment she needed answers, "Tell me how you got here?"

 

Stefan laughed, "One day I was in Chicago with Klaus and Rebecca," Her mind raced, the day he spoke of fell during the summer before their senior year of high school, "The next I'm here with you." It didn't make sense. Stefan knew about her death. He also had intimate knowledge of Damon's feelings and the ones she continued to deny, "Don't try and make sense of it Bennett," He flashed the smirk she was used to seeing on the other Salvatore's face, "This time - space continuum shit doesn't apply to me." He closed the gap between their bodies and bent to meet her gaze, "Want to know a secret?" His fingers reached for her lips and she smacked them away. He seemed amused, "I love it when you fight," His breath tickled her ear when he leaned in to whisper, "Your little boy's spell, brought your favorite Original home too."

 

She found herself alone and unable to breathe. She emerged from the closet and headed in the direction of Tanner's AP US History.

 

Bonnie kept her eyes trained on the seat in front of Matt. She purposely avoided Stefan and the seat he had reserved just for her. She went through class, mind whirling with fears and possibilities. She indulged a notebook full of what ifs and contemplated a hard drive overloaded with oh nos. Whenever she chanced a glance over her shoulder, Stefan was always staring, and his eyes were never focused on Elena, only her.

 

Klaus was here...

 

Stefan was evil...

 

And the life she once knew and loved was in jeopardy of being no more.

 

When the bell chimed, Stefan jumped from his seat and grabbed her things, "Hurry Bonnie, I think there's someone outside you want to see."

 

She didn't respond when Elena and Matt called after her. She put one foot in front other and followed the vampire out of the door. She shielded her eyes from the sun as she made her way down the stairs. Bonnie scanned the parking lot and immediately located Damon and his muscle car, but Stefan headed in the opposite direction. She whispered and prayed that the eldest Salvatore heard her words. Obviously he did, based on the way he slammed his door and sped to her side. She didn't have to ask for him to link his finger with hers and send every ounce of strength he possessed over their connection. Somehow she knew what awaited her.

 

Bonnie choked back her tears when Stefan's surprise came into view. There balanced on Klaus' hip was her daughter Izzie and at his side, smile spread across every inch of his face was son Noah. In unison they both yelled her name, "Mommy," and her heart broke and fresh salt water spilled from her eyes.

 

Klaus had her children, which meant he had her will. She would do anything to protect them and the hybrid would do anything to insure his plan was an overwhelming success.

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

If it doesn't make sense now...I promise it will...soon







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.