Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Bonnie closed her locker and nearly jumped at the sight of Damon Salvatore, "Good morning witchy." She cast her eyes around to the unsuspecting students and hoped they hadn't heard his greeting, "Oh I forgot today is the day you meet Stefan Salvatore, reformed ripper, consummate gentleman, and the less attractive brother. You also lust after him and essentially play matchmaker for Queen Emo and King Brooder." She didn't hesitate to walk away from him, tucking her history book in her messenger bag and heading towards homeroom, "Alaric will make an appearance in about a week or two." She was content at playing stupid, "But it will be months, hell almost a year before you fall for Prince Emo."

She turned on her Van covered heel and finally indulged the vampire, "What Damon?" In this timeline they had yet to meet. There were weeks left to pass, indiscretions with her best friend, and an attack on her life that had yet to happen. They were still technically strangers but there were secrets lingering between them that refused to stay contained in a specific span of time.

He smiled, "There's my girl," He placed a hand on either side of her head and walked her backwards until her back met the wall, "Tell me what you know."

She belched, apologized, and had the common decency to look mortified, "For one my grandmother still makes a hell of a breakfast."

He shook his head and clutched his stomach, "Your daughter doesn't."

Her eyes misted just a bit at the mention of Izzie, "Are they okay...do they...I mean..."

His finger caressed her chin, "They miss you...Jeremy misses you..." She noticed the strange glimmer in his eyes, "You look good Bennett." There was no need for him to say it, he had missed her.

She self consciously tucked her hair behind her ear, "I went to bed last night and woke up this morning sixteen again."

Damon confirmed the thoughts that resulted from the conversation with her grandmother, "It was Noah," He allowed her release from his impromptu captivity and proceeded to walk her to class, "Kid's going to be a hell of a warlock one day, I'm just glad he's on my side." He halted his movement, "He showed up in my room this morning and shared his mischief. He was so proud. He was excited." She didn't miss the pride registering on his child's godfather's face, "Now I'm here." Damon started to walk again, unwilling to confront the elephant in the room.

"So it's true..." She bit her lip, "I'm really dead."

His steps faltered and then his hand reached for hers. His palms were cool to the touch but she could feel. She felt the tightness of his grip, "Not now and I plan on keeping it that way." He opened his mouth to speak and then opted for a different course of conversation, "This is where I get off the trip down future memories lane," He sniffed the air, "I smell a mangy mutt." He pressed a kiss to her temple and muttered, "Happy Birthday Bennett," before he disappeared.

Bonnie was still in shock whenTylerreached her, "So rumor has it that the lovely Bonnie Bennett is now sixteen and ready to accept my invitation to party." Oh how she had forgottenTyler's shameless attempts at flirting between classes and hookups with Vicki Donovan. He took an unwelcomed kiss from her lips, "Tell daddy what you want for your birthday."

She swallowed the bile in the back of her throat, "You, to get a clue." Undeterred by her insult, Tyler Lockwood followed her to their first class of the day, "Thank you for the warm birthday wishes but I'll be celebrating with Grams this evening."

"Is she a light sleeper,"Tylerslipped into the desk beside her, "I can come by after eleven before midnight and officially welcome you to womanhood."

Was this really the same man married to her best friend in their future? She was growing increasingly ill by his poor attempts at earning an invitation to her bed, "I think I'll pass."

Tylersmirked and rolled his eyes, "Whatever," He caught sight of Vicki Donovan in the hall and promptly jumped from his seat, "I can always find a better opportunity."

Bonnie shook her head and started to review her notes when she heard a throat clearing. She looked up to meet the warm brown eyes of the youngest Gilbert. He didn't say much, he only stood, watching her, and contemplating how to break the ice, "I just...thanks..." He stammered and hawed, "I'm glad you're my sister's best friend." Her face flushed in response to his words and she accepted the paper he offered. He had refused to sketch one image after his parents' death but for her birthday, he had. Her presence had already ruined the historic chain of events. In her time, he had only begun to dabble with drawing again after he found his ancestor's journal. She unrolled the string tied contraption to find the image of a little girl, with tight curls and bow shaped lips. The details....the personality...it was a life like rendering...

She choked back her tears, it was Izzie, "I don't know why but I have been seeing her face in my dreams for the past week and I wanted to draw you something for your birthday...I can try again if you don't like it."

She wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes with the back of her hand and clutched the paper to her chest, "No it's perfect," She stared at the picture again, "It's absolutely beautiful."

Jeremy smiled and her heart crumbled, "Happy birthday Bonnie."

And like that he was gone.

She wondered if on some unconscious level he knew. Did he remember the first time they made love? Could he recall their wedding day? Did he know he was the one who cut Noah's cord and placed him in her arms seconds after he was born?

Maybe the spell affected their memories and what they perceived to be past, present, and future events. She studied the drawing in her hands. She allowed her fingers to trace the outline of her daughter. Bonnie had done the same thing Noah did once, tampered with the balance of nature for the sake of love. She would do it again if presented with the same opportunity. She understood her son's position all to well.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.