Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Mr. Beard, could you come up to the board and answer the question please?" The teacher, Mr. Hopp, called on Remy Beard, one of his least favorite students.

            He watched as another student jabbed Remy in the ribs, causing him to wake up from his slumber. He often slept in Mr. Hopp's class which is one of the reasons he wasn't liked too much by him.

"Hey," Remy mumbled as he picked his head up slowly "I was getting my sleep on..."

            He was about to drift back off but Mr. Hopp snapped at him.

"Mr. Beard, answer the question."

            Remy looked at the board in hopes that the question was written up there but instead saw a mixture of letters, shapes and numbers.

"Were still in geometry?"

            The class giggled and Mr. Hopp clenched his teeth and held up his hand, a signal for the class to be quiet. Immediately the class's laughter died down and they watched as their teacher cleared his throat.

"This is all material we went over today and yesterday. If you can't answer it you'll be rewarded with a detention."

"Some reward." Remy mumbled and then grinned at his favorite teacher.

"Come up to the board and answer the question, Mr. Beard. Now."

            Remy stood up, taking the time to stretch and dust himself off before swaggering up to the board. When he finally did get up there he looked at the problem on the board that he had no clue how to answer. But Remy kept a smooth demeanor and made like he was going to answer the question. He picked up the green chalk but then set it down. Then he picked up the blue chalk but once again set it back down. Then he grabbed the pink chalk and analyzed it carefully before setting it down.

"Please just choose any color, Mr. Beard." Mr. Hopp said impatiently.

"You know Hopper, seeing as we've been in the same class for two years now, we should be on a first name basis."

"Would you like to spend lunch with me?" Mr. Hopp threatened.

"...are you asking me on a date?"

            Once again the class burst into laughter and Mr. Hopp gave Remy a look that said he was through playing. Remy, finally deciding to attempt the problem, picked up a white piece of chalk. Fortunately for him, the bell rang just as the chalk touched the board.

"Oh, sorry Hopper, I would but I don't want to be late to next period." Remy pretended to be disappointed as he gathered his belongings and shuffled out the classroom with the rest of the students, leaving Mr. Hopp frustrated once again.

            Remy laughed to himself as he walked down the hall, heading to lunch. His best friend, Travis Robinson, quickly caught up with him and began walking beside him.

"Rem & m's did you see Hopp's face when you started playing with the chalk?" Travis laughed aloud. "You're so stupid."

"I had to stall somehow. I couldn't get detention today; I have basketball practice."

"Yeah, you were just lucky today though. Next time good old Hopp's gonna give you detention anyway."

"I wouldn't doubt it; Hopper doesn't seem too fond of me."

"How's basketball coming along anyway?" Travis asked, changing the subject.

"Not as good as last year; we'd be doing much better if someone didn't quit." Remy said as they entered the cafeteria.

"I told you; I needed a break, those practices were killing me. Besides I only scored around 8 points per game, not enough to make a significant difference."

"That's more than what these newbies are scoring." Remy grinned suddenly. "But you can't fool me; you just wanted to spend more time with Maria."

"I can't help it." Travis grinned too. "I'm love sick."

            They laughed as they walked over and stood in line for their food. After a few minutes they got their food and sat down at the table where some of their friends were. As they were eating and talking Remy spotted a very pretty girl sitting at a table all by her lonesome.

"Whoa. I'll be back." Remy got up immediately.

"Where are you going?" Travis asked.

            As Remy was walking he stopped himself and went back to the table.

"New chick; think I got a chance?" He asked.

            Travis looked at her and his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Nope, better let me handle this one."  He grinned.

"I thought you were love sick." Remy sucked his teeth.

"Love doesn't last forever." He said. "Especially when a new hot chick appears."

            Remy and Travis slapped hands as they chuckled to themselves. Before Remy was about to walk away, a brilliant idea popped into his head. He stuck his hand in his drink and pulled out an ice cube.

"I'm so good." Remy thought aloud as he hurried over to the new girl.

As he got closer, he could see she was intensively reading what looked to be a manual. When he got in front of her, he threw the ice cube on the ground so hard it shattered, causing the girl to look up slightly started.

"Now that I broke the ice, hi my names Remy." Remy grinned like the dog he was.

            At first the female looked annoyed then her look changed to disbelief, as if she couldn't believe it was him.

"Beard?"

"The one and only."

            She smiled a warm friendly smile which made Remy's grin a devilish grin; she was falling for him already. Or was she?

"You know of me, I see...well, I am pretty famous amongst these here commoners."

"You still got that big head I see, but you're still just as handsome."

            Remy kept a poker face although he was slightly confused. For a quick second he wondered if she was one of his ex's, but quickly came to the conclusion that she wasn't. He would've remembered such a pretty face. Especially those big, light brown eyes.

"Do I know you sweetheart?"

"Yes, or at least you will."

"...alright, so you're new?" Remy sat down across from her.

"You could say that." She said as she picked up her manual again.

"Where'd you come from?"

"The future." She flipped through the pages as she spoke.

"...the future?" A puzzled look appeared on Remy's face. "Is that like a new school or something?"

            She put the manual down and looked at him strangely.

"No; the real future as in what is coming in your upcoming years. I came back in time to see you in your adolescent days but unfortunately my time traveling belt broke and I'm unable to fix it. So I'm stuck in this time period." She sighed heavily and rested her chin in her hand, "Which is very bad because any mistake can lead to my non-existence. So as you could see, I'm very relieved I've found you; I need all the help I can get."

            Remy kept a smooth demeanor as usual, but internally was beginning to regret going over there. He eventually smiled at her and nodded.

"Okay, so you're a little loopy." He grabbed her hand "That's alright, you're still cute."

"Thank you...I guess, but now is the wrong time for flirting." She took her hand back. "We need to discuss something more important."

"Like you and me?" He grabbed her hand again.

"No, like how I'm going to get back to my time." She snatched her hand back again.

"I'd prefer to talk about you and me."

            Once more Remy grabbed her hand and caressed it but she snatched her hand back quickly.

"Stop it! I insist you pay attention, this is crucial. If I don't get back to my time period, I will fade for good and if I fade for good your future will be ruined." She said seriously.

"Oh my gosh!" Remy was shocked.

"Now you realize how urgent this is?" She sounded relieved.

"No, I realize I forgot to ask you your name."

            She sighed heavily before responding. Remy might not be as helpful as she thought he'd be.

"Teresa."

"You know your first name goes well with my last name."

"My, you're quite the Casanova, aren't you? You haven't changed a bit." She sounded a little irritated. "But I'll have you know there is no need to try and woo me as we are already married."

"What?"

"I'm your future wife."












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.