Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know it's been a while. I had major writers block. I don't have an outline or anything, I'm just seeing where the story takes me, and the story was having some engine troubles with this chapter so I'm not sure if we got anywhere. Enjoy!!

Please comment/rate <3




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


                Ana sat in the living room of John’s family, shifting back and forth nervously on the worn leather couch. It was a mix of burnt orange and olive green, and even though Ana found it odd, she liked it. It was homey. Everything around Ana was uncomfortably homey; it was beginning to make her skin crawl. That Jackson douchebag knew who she was. Ok maybe it wasn’t fair to call him a douchebag since he could be a good guy, but obviously not that good. Only people who ran on the wrong side of the law could get close enough to know who she was, and to recognize her by her face, he must be involved with something shady. Obviously he wasn’t undercover or he would have alerted John, his father, and A.J., hell 99% of this family were law enforcement, so what was he involved with? After letting her know that he knew her secret, Jackson had winked and walked into the house without another word, but Ana’s intuition was tingling. There was no doubt in her mind that Jackson would cause trouble for her. Ana tapped her leg impatiently, wondering what was taking so long. After everyone had been ushered inside, John’s family went to set the table. Everyone seemed to have a pre-assigned task for this occasion and what to grab. After noticing Ana’s confusion May had ushered her into the living room and told her to wait there while everyone got the table ready.

 

                A loud crash followed by muffled shouts and curses came from the dining room.  Ana sighed and began to pace back and forth until some of the photo’s I the walls caught her eyes. There were various frames, placed randomly on the walls, with no pattern or order whatsoever. Ana liked it that way, in the Aleksandrov house…in her house…anything on the walls costs millions, and were in matching golden frames with classic Greek carvings and inscriptions. Ana walked around the room slowly, taking in all of the pictures. There was one of May holding a tiny baby bundle cradled in one arm and a young A.J. was fiercely holding onto the other hand while sucking his thumb. Ana knew the kid must be A.J. because she could recognize his serious expression, even as a young child. So the baby May was holding must have been John. Ana nodded, taking this information in as she move on to the other pictures. There was one of A.J. at a petting zoo frowning at a small goat as it ate carrots from his hand, others of A.J. and John together, playing or wrestling in very locations at various ages. Camping trips, school dances, picnics, Thanksgivings, Christmas, and Easter….so many moments of John’s childhood were all captured here in front of her. Ana stopped at a photo of a pre-teen John sitting outside with a group of friends. His eyes sparkled with mischief as he sat on top of a picnic bench. Ana could tell he was caught of guard because he was ruffling through his hair. She couldn’t believe how cute he looked even as a pre-teen. Didn’t he have any type of awkward stage? His face was clear of any blemishes, though he did have braces, but for some reason the braces only gave him a youthful flirtatious look.  Ana saw one picture of a younger looking John grinning at the camera missing his two front teeth. He looked so…happy. There was a melting chocolate ice cream cone dripping down his tiny fingers and there was even more ice cream around his mouth and on his shirt. A.J. was in the distance behind him washing his hands in an outdoor water fountain.

 

                “They were a handful.” May chuckled, scaring Ana out of her thoughts. She hadn’t even heard the older woman come into the room. She was holding a small baby wrapped in a light blue blanket and rocking her arms gently. Ana turned and smiled at May briefly before she looked down at the small sleeping David. Ana couldn’t help feel a girlish “awww” creeping through her at the sight of the angelic sleeping baby. It was so small and magical to Ana. In her entire life Ana had spent less than a minute around a baby before, and seeing this one was such an odd experience. It was weird to think that two people could create a whole new life. A new being that would live on the earth, a new life form that would grow up and have experiences like all the portraits on the walls. She turned her gaze back to the pictures, holding back a small sigh.

 

                “You can see so much of their personality in these pictures.” Ana murmured, reaching out to lightly graze the bottom of the intracately carved picture frame.

 

                “Well you know how boys are, they have so much energy. I think John got more ice cream on his shirt than in his mouth. But they were happy. Even A.J. I know he probably doesn’t seem like it because he frowns all the time, but he was a jumpy kid just like John.” May sighed, for a moment she seemed lost in the memory. The look on her face, of total peace as she looked upon the portrait of her 2 children, it made Ana think that in many ways this portrait was worth millions. And it may as well have been wrapped in gold with the memories it shared. Ana felt a small bit of jealousy creep up her spine. She wanted a moment like that, to be happy from something so simple and beautiful at the same time. Hell, Ana quickly let that thought go. Sentimental bullshit like that had no place I her life. Moments like that could get you killed, Ana just had to make sure she remembered it. May once again snapped her out of her thoughts.

 

                “Anyway, I need you to hold David or a moment,” May began, taking a step towards Ana to hand her the baby, “I have to go help my husband with the food on the grill. I swear he cannot do anything right. Centuries of being married to Harry and he still can’t function without me.” May explained, stepping closer to Ana, who was backing farther and farther into the wall.

 

                “Oh May that’s so sweet but, you really don’t want to trust me with it-err-him. I mean, I’m not the maternal type. I could drop it or something? What if it breaks? Can’t someone else hold it-HIM! Can’t someone else hold him?” Ana rambled nervously, her eyes wide with fear. Watching Ana’s reaction had May nearly falling over laughing. The woman clearly had no experience with children, and she was terrified. May decided that she would have to find out more about this girl who John had brought home with him, she was so odd. Before she seemed to display confidence and control but now he woman looked like she’d rather walked through a razor factory and swim with a pool of sharks afterwards, just to keep away from the baby.

 

                “Oh but sweetie the other grandkids tore through the kitchen like a tornado on acid and made a huge mess, now everyone is so wrapped up I cleaning up the mess we need an extra set of hands. Surely you could help out just a little bit.” May aid, looking at Ana from beneath her lashes, playing the part of the weak needy old woman. May was always really good at guilting people to do stuff for her and she mentally scolded herself for taking advantage of the poor girl, but she would just take a second to help her husband Mark, and then she could run back to the kitchen ad spy on Ana with the baby monitor. May didn’t give Ana a chance to say no, she grabbed her wrist and tugged her over to couch. Once Ana was sitting, May placed the sleeping bundle into her lap, promised to be right back, and dashed out of the room.

 

                Ana’s mouth hung open in shock as she looked down at the sleeping baby in her arms. Thank god she was sitting because she was pretty sure her legs would have given out. It was so small and fragile, like a glass vase that could breathe. Ana wasn’t sure what to do with it. Would it stay asleep? Damn it, ok first she had to stop calling it “It”. Ana couldn’t help herself, she baby seemed like such a foreign object to her, she was nearly hyperventilating. Once Ana got her breathing under control she took some time to observe David better. Ana had to admit he was a cute baby. The shadows of his long eyelashes danced across the tops of his round reddened cheeks. His nose was small and had the gentle slope that children often had, and he was pursing his tiny lips in his sleep. She subconsciously began to rock the baby softly in her arms and looked around desperately for a clock, shouldn’t May be back by now? May looked down at David again but he was still dozing, occasionally sighing in his sleep.

 

                “At least he’s till sleeping” she admitted out loud. The minute the words were out of her mouth David’s round eyes popped open.

 

                “Fuck.” Ana cursed under her breathe. “So….hi David, umm go back to sleep, go dream of boobs or whatever it is babies dream of.” She pleaded softly, trying to coax David back to sleep as he blinked slowly up at her. First there was a moment of calm, where Ana thought that this may work out on its own. Then David’s face quickly contorted into a rage filled red faced pout and Ana knew she was going down in flames.

 

                “No no no no.” Ana hurriedly prayed to every god she could think of to get her out of this awkward situation.

 

                Eeeeeeeeewaaaahhhh!!*gasp* waaahhhhh

 

Ana’s ears felt like they were splitting open at the sound of the David’s crying. It wasn’t super loud, but the sound of despair coming from a child still made her want to give her cutest pair of Louboutin’s to make it stop.

 

“Please don’t cry, your mommy will be back soon! Grandma will come back!” Ana promised David as he continued his sobs. “Ok if you stop I’ll give you a cookie! And candy! Ugh you don’t even have the teeth to eat those things yet! What about money? I’ll give you $20 bucks!” Ana bargained with the baby to no avail, large fat tears still rolled down his pudgy red cheeks.   She desperately looked at the baby monitor that May had placed nearby, as if the baby monitor could release some type of scent that would calm the baby down. Ana relocated the baby, instinctually moving him to lay vertically against her chest and she began to rub small circles into his back, but little David was not having it. He arched his back, kicked his legs free of his blanket, and wailed louder.

 

“Ok what is it that you want David? You need to use your words. Do you want to watch tv? Some cartoons? Are you hungry? Because my boobs don’t do the whole baby nourishment thing. These D’s are purely for decoration. When mommy comes back she’ll feed you though.” Ana rambled on, hoping that baby David would understand her and show her some mercy. No such luck. David’s cries continued to belt out strong, and Ana was beginning to feel light headed. What do people do with crying babies? Ana had a small memory of being rocked and sang to by her father, would that work? She decided to give it a try. Ana slowed down her previously frantic movements and began to rock the baby slowly while humming the notes to The Weeknd’s ‘Lonely Star’.

 

“Baby you could have it all. Baby you could have it all. Baby you could have the cars, the clothes, the dreams, the sex, the host, baby you could be a star.”

 

 She sang the full lyrics along in her head. David’s crying faltered and then he sniffled, blinking up at her with his bright eyes and tear stained cheeks. Ana gave a mental cheer of congratulations and kept her humming up, watching transfixed as David blinked a few times, yawned, and stared up at Ana without crying or turning red at all. Ana smiled down at the baby, and in return David sent her a toothless grin, showing off adorable little dimples. Ana felt something in her heart tighten as she began to coo and play with the baby.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

John straightened the crisp olive green tablecloth and began to set out new pieces of silverware. Natalie, Marie, and Freddy had ripped through the dining room a few minutes ago and had taken the navy tablecloth with them, including all of the dishes that were already on the cloth. So now the three nieces and nephews had gotten a stern talking to about horsing around and Jessica had ordered them to stay silently seated at the table. All of the adults had to start setting the table all over again. Chris was setting down the place settings and placing the food in the center of the table with Jessica, A.J. was washing everything that had fallen, Jackson was leaning against the wall eating chips since ‘helpful’ wasn’t in his vocabulary, and John began wiping down the counters. He stepped back to admire his handiwork with he heard the door to the kitchen that led to the backyard slam open and he turned to see his mother race into the kitchen, pluck the baby monitor from the counter, and sat down in a hurry, holding it to her ear. John didn’t have to be a cop to know his mother was up to something.

 

“Mom.” John called out, trying to get her attention as she began altering the baby monitors frequency. Her anxious expression ad obvious mischief had caught Jessica and Chris’s attention too, and they both looked at May with curious expressions as they moved closer.

 

“Yes John dear.” May answered in her trademark oblivious state. Jessica sat down next to May and placed her hand over May’s.

 

“Mother,” Jessica spoke softly in her kindest voice, “what are you doing? And where is David?” she asked, looking around with a slight frown.

 

“Oh dearie I let Ana hold him in the living room Poor thing looked terrified, she must not spend a lot of time around children. She was probably an only child.” May explained as she continued fiddling with the baby monitor. John rolled his eyes, understanding why his mother was so desperate to eavesdrop with the baby monitor and stepped away from his mother to resume his own tasks.

 

“She is very beautiful John, though I am a bit surprised, you’ve never dated a black girl before. It was always the ditzy little blondes that seemed to hold your interest.” Jessica chimed in. John stuck his tongue out at his younger sister and she sent the gesture right back to him.

 

“John where did you find her?” Jackson’s deep molasses smooth voice emerged from the corner as he crumpled his potato chip bag up and threw it in the general direction of the trashcan, missing the can by a few good inches. John sighed, picked up the offending piece of trash and put it in the bin.

 

“We just bumped into each other one day, that’s all. We both share a love for newspapers” John gave his own vague explanation.

 

“Got it!!” May cheered as she finally got the baby monitor to pick up the other frequency. There was a little bit of static as May turned it up, and almost everyone in the kitchen moved closer to hear more clearly, even John. First there was the sound of little David crying, the they could clearly hear Ana’s voice.

 

Please don’t cry, your mommy will be back soon! Grandma will come back! Ok if you stop I’ll give you a cookie! And candy! Ugh you don’t even have the teeth to eat those things yet! What about money? I’ll give you $20 bucks!

 

“Oh my goodness that poor girl, bargaining will not work.” Jessica shook her head with a small smirk. May nodded her head in agreement and the room fell back into silence as they all listened avidly.

 

 Ok what is it that you want David? You need to use your words. Do you want to watch tv? Some cartoons? Are you hungry? Because my boobs don’t do the whole baby nourishment thing. These D’s are purely for decoration. When mommy comes back she’ll feed you though.

 

May chuckled out loud and shook her head as Jackson let loose a low whistle.

 

“D’s huh? You chose a good one John.” Jackson leered. Jessica, May, Chris, Natalie, Marie, ad Freddy all collectively “shush”’d Jackson while John turned around to send him a glare that would melt ice. Then John froze as the sound of Ana humming rang clearly through the monitor. It sounded so sweet and melodic. May held her hand to her chest and smiled down at the monitor. After a few moments, he sounds of David’s crying stopped and Ana stopped humming.

 

Aww see how happy you are now? You’re just a little angel aren’t you? Yes, a little angel that was throwing a little baby tantrum

 

The sound of Ana cooing and playing with the baby gave John a peculiar feeling that he didn’t even want to attempt to name. It was so odd. She seemed like the high class, daring bad girl in Gucci type. Not the type of female to coo and wonder over a little child, but that’s what she was doing.

 

 Let’s go see if things are ready in the kitchen little angel

 

May jumped up and tossed the monitor to Jessica who quickly hid it and they all began to act super busy right as the kitchen door opened.

 

“Oh Ana dear there you are!” May exclaimed cheerily, as Ana entered the kitchen. She was holding a giggling David against her chest and smiling shyly. May hugged her and kissed the top of David’s head before moving away to finish setting the table. Ana turned to John and saw the fierce expression on his face and frowned.

 

“John?” Ana asked, still bouncing David who was giggling and attempting to eat her hair. At the sound of her lips releasing his name something inside of John snapped. He crossed the distance of the kitchen in a few long steps and grabbed Ana by the back of her neck. Holding his body as close as he could get without mushing David, he cupped Ana’s smooth milk chocolate toned cheek and slanted his lips across hers. Ana gasped at the feel of his smooth and demanding lips against hers and John took advantage of it, sliding his tongue into her mouth he tasted her, drinking her in and started a slow burn in the pit of her stomach that slowly spread to the rest of her body.

 

“Ewwwwwww! Cooties!” whined the 3 oldest grandchildren, snapping John out of his lust filled haze. He separated his lips from her’s but still held Ana by the back of her neck, keeping her close. John had no idea kissing her would be like that. Sure he’d felt the little currents of attraction, but there was no reason a simple kiss from her should make him want her this much. Finally John released her and stepped back, pleased to see that she was definitely a bit out of breath too.

 

“Well now, let’s get the little man out of the cootie infestation zone.” Jessica said with a smirk as she tugged an unwilling David from Ana’s arms. “Thank you for watching him.”

 

Ana smiled and looked down at the baby. “Oh...sure, it was an interesting experience. He’s very cute.” Ana beamed. May clapped her hands and announced that dinner was ready as Harry walked in form the backyard and everyone sat down at the table. John held out her chair for him, and sat down next to her. Ana could practically feel waves of heat rolling off of him. After everyone was situation, and the grandkids led the table in a prayer, everyone began to eat. The food as delicious, especially the sweet potato soufflé, Ana was sure she could eat the entire bowl. Ana tried to stay quiet and disengage herself from any conversations but May wasn’t having it.

 

“So, Ana, what do you do?” May inquired.

 

“I work with cars.” Ana replied smoothly, ignoring the grunt that came from Jackson’s side of the table. She turned to give May a small smile. She hadn’t said specifically what she did with the cars, only that she worked with them. She hoped May didn’t ask a follow up question because she did not want to go deeper into the subject.

 

“And your parents?” May asked.

 

“Both dead.” Ana said without a pause, taking a bite of her green bean and then smiling as she chewed. She could tell her announcement had caught the sweet woman off guard, and she even felt John stiffen a bit beside her.

 

“Oh my dear girl, I had no idea, I’m sorry to hear that. What about your-” Harry turned to his wife and cut her off to keep her from further interrogating the poor girl.

 

“May baby, stop questioning the poor girl and let her eat.” He chastised. May nodded in agreement and changed the subject. Ana relaxed a bit, happy to no longer be under the spotlight. After that the rest of the dinner went lovely. John’s family was extremely kind, and Ana could see how much they loved and cared for each other. When it started getting late, John drove her home which made for a tense car ride. Once they were in close quarters that lusty electrical current between them just seemed to build. Every cell in Ana’s body had been demanding to get closer to John ever since he had kissed her. By the time they had made it back to her apartment Ana knew she might be in trouble. There was no explanation for it but she found John terribly attractive and being attracted to a cop as definitely a bad thing.

 

“Today was nice. Thanks for my punishment.” Ana joked, leaning against the doorframe of her apartment. John shrugged and put his hands in his pockets.

 

“It was no big deal. Thanks for coming. I’ll see you tomorrow Ana. Lock your door.” John ordered and walked down the hall to his apartment. He had already opened his door when he turned around and walked back to Ana’s door. He grabbed the knob and wasn’t surprised at all when it turned easily. The infuriating beautiful woman was stubborn, there was no chance in hell she'd easily obey him. He opened the door to see Ana sitting on the couch, looking back at him with a puzzled smirk. He growled and reached around the door to lock it.

 

“You do not follow instruction well.” He growled before leaving again and closing the now locked door behind him. As he walked down the hall he was sure he could here Ana laughing.






Chapter End Notes:

More Mikhail in the next chapter. And the winer is......idk

So many people want Ana to be with bad boy Mikhail, but some people want it to be John, so I've decided that since Ana is a true princess, why can't she have both? Atl east for a little while...More to come!! PLease comment and rate! It means so much to me to here our critisisms and ideas!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.