Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Episode 9

Time: Same day as last episode, Noon

Location: Genoa City Airport

Roxy’s plane had just landed.  She had thought to call Devon to pick her up but she decided to surprise him. So her sister Tamara was picking her up.  Thanks to Lauren she knew exactly where Devon would be.  And as luck would have it her sister was planning on going there anyway.  She was really good friends with Chloe Mitchell.  Roxy wasn’t much a fan herself after all that stuff went down with Lily and Cane but to each their own.  Chloe was at least tolerable.  And since Chloe and Lily were now on friendly terms, who was she to hold a grudge on her behalf. 

Roxy was standing at baggage claim when she heard her sister call her name.

“Rox.”

She turned as her sister enveloped her in arms. 

“Tam. I missed you sis.”

“Yeah me too.  It’s one of the reasons I moved back.”

“I know you are going to tell me that I am crazy considering all you have gone through to get a job in your major.  But I resigned from Forrester.  I will be working at Fenmore’s now.  And I will not be traveling for weeks on end anymore.”

Tam just stared at her like she was stupid.  After a good 15 seconds, she couldn’t take it any longer.

“Say something girl.”

“Well, I was attempting to hold it in because you won’t like what I am about to say,” Tamara said.

“Just say it,” she felt herself getting irritated.  And she and her sister had only been in the same town for less than 5 minutes.  It never failed.

“Fine.  Roxeanne, I know you are not rearranging your life and sacrificing your lifelong dream on a man.  Devon Winters no less. He who has cheated once and bound to do so again.”

“Devon would never do that again. He learned his lesson the first time.  Believe you me. He knows not to play with me,” Roxy said with confidence.

“Well, we will see. I can’t wait to see his face when he gets this announcement,” Tamara said with a smirk.

“What do you mean?”

“Devon is not a dummy by any stretch.  He will know just like everyone else that you are done traveling because you are ready to settle down.  And probably get married.”

Tamara and Roxy were only one year apart with Tammy being the oldest.  Maybe that was why Tammy had always been able to read her. And this time was no exception.

“So what if I am.  Is that such a crime?” Roxy loved Devon and she wanted to be his wife.  Why did her crazy sister have to make it seem like she was the crazy one for making strides towards getting what she wanted.

“No, as long as you two are on the same page,” Tammy said as she looked at Roxy.  Her face must have given her away because Tammy continued with, “Goodness gracious, you are counting your chickens before they hatch. You have moved here yet you have no clue what Devon wants do you?”

“We haven’t really talked about it but I know he loves me.”

Tamara sighed at her response and said nothing more as they began to pull her luggage off the conveyor belt.

“Just say it Tam.”

“Okay. I just think it is ridiculous for you to give up your dream job for a man. Look at me.  I have been trying to get a job at a magazine since I graduated almost 4 years ago. Side note, I got one that I will be starting Monday.  Restless Style.  Yeah. But anyway-“

“Hold up a minute.  Restless Style. You know that is a gossip rag don’t you.  It’s not very reputable.”

“Well, a girl’s got to start somewhere. Especially if they can’t find a rich man to marry. You know,” Tammy said jokingly.

“I feel you on that.  I really do.”

“Enough about my job woes. Let’s go so that we can reunite you with the cheating lover boy.”

“Will you ever let him live that down?  He made a mistake.”

“Oh yes, because everyone can mistakenly have their dick fall into their fake aunt on the couch in the living room of their house.  And not even bother to lock the door.  I still can’t believe that part,” Tamara said in astonishment.

Roxy touched Tammy’s arm. “Please, do not mention the whole cheating fiasco at this party. Please,” she begged.

“I promise nothing,” Tam said as she held her head high and walked off.

 

Location:  Tent on the grounds of the Chancellor Mansion

Lily was having a great time at the party.  “It would be better if she had brought a date”, she thought.  But she wasn’t the only person there without a date it seemed.  Nikki Newman was also alone.  She had been sitting with Lauren talking when she caught Lily’s eye and smiled.  She excused herself from Lauren and headed over to Lily.

“Lily dear.  How are you?”

“I am good.  Things are going well.”

“Yes. I am sure.  But I also remember what it was like. I bet you are starting to go stir crazy in the house alone huh.”

“Yeah.  Something like that.” 

“You know.  The Arts Benefits Gala is coming up in a few weeks and I could really use some help with the final preparations.  And I thought that you would be the perfect person to assist me.”

Lily was flattered that she would ask her. “Of course.  Just let me know what I need to do.”

“Thanks sweetheart. Let’s just meet Monday morning at the club to go over some things.  Say around 9.  Make sure you bring those beautiful babies.”

“Oh no, I don’t think that is a good idea.  They’re cute but they are too demanding.  We won’t get a thing done.”

“Well if you say so but just remember, you can always bring them.” 

“Thanks Nikki.  Thanks for thinking of me.  I have been wanting something to keep me busy.  I love being a mom but sometimes I wish I also had a job.  Just to have an adult conversation.”

“I know exactly how you feel.  Let this be a start.”

 

 

Location:  Harmony’s bedroom in the Chancellor Mansion

Neil stood outside of Harmony’s bedroom waiting for her to acknowledge Devon knocking on the door.

“Come in”, she said. 

Devon tried the door but it was locked.  Neil hoped that Tucker wasn’t in the bedroom with her.  But he didn’t see him anywhere else so he figured that he was wishing in vein.

“It’s locked mom,” Devon said.

She opened the door and said, “Hey baby.” She hugged Devon and finished with, “It’s nice to see you.  I haven’t in a couple of days.”

“Mom, all you had to do was call.  I would have come by,” Devon said brushing past his mother and entering her room.

Neil studied Harmony for a moment.  She looked a bit disheveled.  He wondered if Devon noticed. He made eye contact with her in silent enquiry.  She blushed as she looked away. 

“Why,” Neil asked himself upset.  Why would Harmony get involved with Tucker?  Because as much as he hated to believe it at first.  This was conclusive evidence.  He tried to remain calm. 

“Tucker, why are you in my mom’s room,” Devon asked.

Before he could answer, Harmony spoke. “Baby, we were discussing you.  Tucker and I just got off the phone with a doctor who might be able to restore you hearing. Isn’t that great news,” she said with a smile.

“Why are you making calls on my behalf with Tucker?”

“Well, he is a benefactor and I thought that he could get things done quicker.”

“Oh, so I guess this is another attempt at him trying to force his way into my life.”

“Devon, it’s not like that at-“

“Hold on Candy. Devon’s a smart man. He knows that I want a chance to get to know him.  So it makes sense that he would think this,” Tucker said. 

Neil wanted to interject but decided that he would let his son handle this situation.  He would get his chance later.

“But Mick, it wasn’t like that,” Harmony said as she walked over to stand just in front of Tucker and reached for his hand.  She seemed to be to be trying to protect him or comfort him for some reason.  Either way, it was an intimate gesture that grated on Neil.

“We know but he doesn’t.”

“You guys are talking about me like I am not in the room.”

“Sorry,” she said turning around to face Devon. She was still standing too close to Tucker for Neil. “But I called Tucker and asked him to contact the institute.  And he did.  The doctor wants to fly out next week to examine you.”

“Well, let me think about it and I will let you know,” Devon said.

“Fine Devon.  But I want to let you know that you are acting like a fool. Anyone in your position would jump at the chance.”

Devon smiled. “Mom, you really know how to put a guy in his place don’t you.”

“Yes, she does,” Tucker said with a smile looking at Harmony.

“Come on. Let’s go down stairs.  I know you don’t want to miss the games,” Devon said to his mother.

“Okay, let me get my coat,” she said. Tucker picked up her coat to hold it open for her.  After she had slipped her arms through the sleeves, he rubbed both his hands from her shoulders down her arms. Devon stiffened.  Tucker reached for his coat and Neil asked, “Tucker do you mind if I talk to you for a minute?”

“Not at all.  I also think we need to talk.  I will see you downstairs in a little while Songbird.  I am expecting you to be my partner in the games,” he said.  She smiled at him and walked off. 

When they left Neil closed the door behind them.

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion Foyer

Tamara and her sister were standing in the foyer and the Chancellor Mansion talking to Esther, Chloe’s mother.  She had always loved Esther.  She would come visit her and Chloe when they were in college at least once a month. She would always clean their dorm room and take them out to dinner. 

“Tammy, I am so glad that you are back in town.  Chloe could use a friend.  Especially with all this Kevin stuff happening. You know he is back. But she hasn’t heard anything from him.  Let’s hope he doesn’t show up today.”

“Oh, he had better not.”

Before she could finish she heard Devon’s surprised voice coming from the stairs.

“Roxy?” He ran down the stairs to hug her sister tightly. “What are you doing here? I didn’t think you were coming back until next week.”

“I changed my plans.  I missed you,” her sister said as she leaned back in his arms to look in his eyes. They stared at each other for a few seconds then began to kiss intimately. After a few seconds the kiss became deeper.

“Mhum,” the lady who was with Devon cleared her throat loudly, startling the couple who immediately broke apart.

“Oh. Sorry mom,” Devon said. 

So that was Devon’s mother who had chosen drugs over him for most of his life.  She didn’t look like a drug addict but Tammy had lived long enough to know that drug addicts didn’t fit any certain model.

His mother smirked and raised her eyebrows at him while he blushed.

“Mom, you already met Roxy.  But this is her sister Tamara.”

“Hi Roxy. Tamara.”

“Hey,” she and her sister said in unison.

“Ms. Hamilton, it’s nice to see you again.  You just don’t know how much your son talks about you,” Roxy said.  Tammy could only smile at her sister ingratiating herself with Devon’s mother. She knew Roxy wasn’t doing this on purpose, it was just the way she was. Well, if she wanted to marry him, this was definitely the way to go.

“I don’t know whether that is a good thing or not,” Harmony said with a smile.  But Tammy noticed that it was something in her voice that was unsure.

“Oh, most definitely good.  I haven’t seen him this happy in a long time and I know it is because of you.”

“Okay, enough of this talking about me,” Devon said.

“Tamara. What coincidence.  I didn’t know this when I interviewed you.  Hopefully, Billy has contacted you by now.”

“He did this morning. And I start Monday.  Thanks.”

“No.  Thanks to you I won’t be working a job and a half now. You have taken so much stress from me.”

“Happy to do it.”

“Let’s head out to the party you guys,” Esther said. “Chloe will be ecstatic to see you Tammy.”

 

Location:  Harmony’s bedroom in the Chancellor Mansion

Tucker stood near the bed he had just been laying on kissing his Songbird.  He knew that his erection was probably blatant.  But he didn’t really care. It had only been a day since he had started to really pursue her but it seemed like weeks.  He was already tired of her excuses as to why they couldn’t be together. At this point, he didn’t think Devon would ever accept them together.  But he didn’t think it should stop them. And now, he was pretty sure Neil was about to warn him away from her.  It was futile but he would allow Neil to say his piece.

“Tucker, just what is it that we walked in on here?”

“It’s none of your business Neil.”

“It is my business when it involves my family.”

“Listen, I don’t need your approval to spend time with the mother of my son.”

“Your son? Let’s get this straight.  Devon is my son,” Neil said in a low tone.

“Yes, but Harmony is not yours now is she?”

“She’s not yours either.  You walked away from them both. You never gave either of them a real thought. You lived your life while she numbed her disappointment with drugs and Devon languished in foster care. You never cared one iota for either one of them. You didn’t even know her name.”

Tucker was getting angrier by the second. No one knew his choices and what they had cost him better than himself. Although what Neil said was true.  It wasn’t all encompassing.  He did know his Songbird.  And she knew him. And it hurt him to walk away from her. He didn’t realize how much until last night. But he was not about to explain himself to Neil.

“How do you know what happened Neil? I ask again, were you there,” Tucker asked in an even tone.  He refused to allow his anger to show. He vowed he would remain as in control as Neil appeared although he was raging on the inside.

“I didn’t have to be there. But I was there for Devon and Harmony when it counted. And you weren’t.”

“Oh yeah.  Because you are such an upstanding guy.  That’s right. All great men sleep with their brother’s fiancée and get her pregnant.” If it were left up to Tucker, Sophia wouldn’t be with Neil. But she thought it was best so he chose to support her in her decision.

“But at least I didn’t abandon her to take care of my son on her own. I am right beside her every step of the way.”

“Look, I admit that I made mistakes with Candy.  Some that I will regret for the rest of my life.  But I will not let anyone come between us again. And that includes you.”

“And what about Devon. Hhm. Will you disregard his feelings? Does that anyone include him?”

“Devon will come around.” At least he hoped Devon would come around.  Being honest with himself, he wasn’t sure but he would not show that weakness to Neil.

“If you knew Devon you would know that he is as stubborn as a mule.  Do you even know why he hates the idea of you and Harmony?”

Tucker remained silent.  He had no real idea.

“I figured as much. Harmony is his mother.  For all her faults, he has always loved her more than is good for him.  He doesn’t like that you used her and tossed her aside like she meant nothing. He has no respect for any man who would do that. So, if you think he would ever forgive such a slight, you are sadly mistaken.”

Although he didn’t realize it, Neil had just given him the information he needed.  He would sit down with Devon and explain to him what had really happened between him and Harmony.  She wasn’t just some random woman. What they had was special. She was special.

“And let me tell you something else.  I will not allow you to hurt either of them again. I think it is wise for you to keep your distance from them both.  At first I was all for Devon getting to know you. I even pushed him to do it. But look at you. Barely broken up from Ashley and already moved on to pushing up on Harmony regardless of Devon’s feelings. With your track record with women, you’re bound to hurt her again. And that will hurt Devon. I am not having it. You walk away far too easily for me to ever entrust them to you.”

“It’s not up to you to trust me with someone that already belongs to me.  They are already mine. Both of them. They’re my family. Besides, I would never take orders from a man who has taken orders all his life.”

“I don’t take orders from anyone anymore.”

“And that is because I allow it. I could take that little dream of yours if I so chose.”

“Not so little,” Neil said with a smile. “You wanted it. Still do, if I am not mistaken.”

“I have allowed you to keep it out of respect for Devon, Harmony, and Sophia. But if you continue to push me, even they won’t be able to deter me.”

“Do your worst Tucker.  Do your worst,” Neil said as he turned and walked from the room.

Tucker waited a few minutes to get himself under control.   Then he followed Neil out to the party.

 

Location:  Tent on the grounds of the Chancellor Mansion

Chloe was standing with Billy watching the kids enjoy the clown show with Billy at her side.  He was being very attentive to her today.  Even more so than usual. This was her first chance to have a real conversation with him since the kids arrived.

“So you still haven’t heard from Victoria?”

“No, I haven’t. I am a little disappointed that she didn’t come to the party though.”

“Well the party isn’t over yet.  But you have to understand this news is still fresh. Give her time.”

“Yeah. I just –“

Billy was cut off by a feminine voice saying, “Hey chica.”

Chloe turned to see her best friend, Tammy approaching.  She ran to her and they embraced.  “I can’t believe that you have been in town two days and just decided to come by,” Chloe said in playful indignation.

“I had to focus all my attention on getting a job first.  And I did.  Thanks to Harmony for recommending me and Billy for having the wisdom to listen to her. Now I might have to retract that statement I made about him not having taste,” she said widening her eyes. Then they both laughed.

“I am so glad that you are here. Now, let’s pray that Kevin doesn’t show up.”

“Huh, I will make him wish he didn’t, if he does,” Tammy said in all seriousness.

“Oh yes, I am glad that you are back in town.  So come on.  Help me with the kiddies.”

 

Tucker walked into the tent excited about the future.  He had a date with Harmony tonight and a clear path to getting Devon to soften towards him.  Not even the sight of Neil, Devon, Abby, and Jack glaring at him could change his mood. He felt invigorated after his altercation with Neil.  He was still unsure about how he was going to play things with Bell. Neil had issued a challenge.  Everything in him said “pick it up”.  But he had a family to think about now.  He couldn’t just do as he pleased anymore. 

“Hey all,” he said as he approached the table. He noticed an empty seat beside Harmony and made to sit there.  Devon was on the other side of her with his girlfriend Roxy sitting on the bench beside him.

“Hey Soph,” he said as he bent and kissed Sophia on the top of the head as he passed her. She smiled in return.

“So I see you saved me a seat Songbird,” he whispered after he sat down. “Thank you.”

“Well, I felt sorry for you.  I think you might need some protection in this crowd,” she said with a smile.

“So let’s start these games huh,” Jack said with smile. “Of course the pretty doctor here will be my partner.” Tucker noticed the way he was leaning towards Olivia.  He wondered what was going on there but didn’t have time to really think about it before Devon spoke.

“Mom will be my partner,” he said smiling at her.

“Of course I will baby,” Harmony said.

Tucker wasn’t surprised to hear Devon attempt to thwart his plans. The boy just had to put himself between himself and Harmony.  Tucker felt like they were having a tug of war with her.  And of course, if put in a position to make a choice, she would always choose their son.  He expected nothing differently.

“I have been abandoned by my boyfriend for his mother.  I don’t know how I will survive this slight,” Roxy said laughing.

“I will be your partner Roxy,” Chance said eagerly.  Almost too eagerly, Tucker thought.  But Devon didn’t seem to notice.

“Well, why not,” she said rising to go sit beside Chance.

“How do you like that? Abandoned. Devon is a good son.  He chooses his mother over a young pretty face.  My son hasn’t quite gotten their yet,” Nina said with smile.

 

Ashley was a little nervous about arriving with Paul.  She knew she should have informed someone other than Abby about their relationship but she just didn’t feel like hearing it.

They walked into the tent hand in hand as they heard everyone arguing about who would be partners. The first person she saw was Tucker who was sitting next to Harmony.  He looked happy. Certainly not like a man whose wife had just left him.  Maybe there was something to what Abby said about him and Harmony after all.

“Hello everybody.  Where’s the birthday girl?”

“She is over with the clowns,” Abby said pointing to the other side of the tent.

She made eye contact with Tucker and he smiled.  It was confirmed. Tucker was not at all fazed by her leaving him.  But Jack, on the other hand, looked very concerned.

“Ash, can I see you outside for a moment,” he said as Olivia’s phone rang. She stood, walked off to answer it.

“Is it important Jack?”  She knew exactly what he wanted. And this was not the time.

“I think so.”

She sighed preparing to go out with him when Olivia came back with a concerned look.  “Paul, something is happening with Rickey.  We need to head to the hospital.  Right now.”

“Okay.  Do you know anything?”

“No details.  But we need to go now.”

Paul turned to her and said, “It’s your nieces birthday, you don’t have to come you know. You can stay here.”

“I know that Paulie, but I want to be there for you.  Let’s go.”

 

John walked into the party tent brimming with excitement. He passed Ashley and he assumed her new lover on the way in.  He saw Tucker and Sophia sitting with a group of people and headed in that direction.

“Hello all.  Seems I am a little late to this shindig.”

“What’s new? You’re always late.  Everyone, this is John, a friend and business associate of mine,” Tucker said.

He heard different greetings from all around then took a seat right across from Tucker.

“So, Tucker,” he said as he raised his eyebrows.

“James, this is Harmony. And Devon,” Tucker said. If John hadn’t seen it with his own eyes, he would never believe that Tucker was capable of blushing.

“So Harmony, Tucker tells me you turned down a job offer to work for me. I promise it wouldn’t have been that bad.”

“Yeah. That’s what they all say to reel you in. Then they work your fingers to the bone,” Jill said playfully.

“And you are,” James asked.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?  But I am not in the mood to provide the answer.”

“Hhmm, I am sure I will get the answer before I leave.”

This woman was interesting and good looking James thought.  He wondered if she was attached.  Probably not since she seemed to be openly flirting with him.

“Neil Winters,” a man said as he stood and reached across the table to offer his hand.

“Nice to meet you,” he said in reply.  The man appeared just as rigid as Tucker had made him out to be.  He couldn’t believe that this seemingly passionless man was married to Sophia.  She had so much spirit. He was surprised that he hadn’t stamped it out yet. He saw no one else around that could possibly be the cousin that Tucker detested.  If Neil was any indication, he was fairly certain he was right about those two. They had better sense than to mess around with Tucker’s lady while she worked for them and her being Devon’s mother.

 

Chance was having a great time talking to Roxy at another table.  Devon seemed so focused on his mother that he hadn’t even given her another thought. His careless behavior was Chance’s gain.

“I just got back in town today,” she said smiling.

“So did I. Originally, I was supposed to re-enlist but that didn’t happen due to medical reasons.”

“Oh, really.  Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am fine.  It was because I donated part of my liver to my brother.”

“That’s noble.  Especially sense it cost you your place in the military.”

“But I don’t regret it”. And he didn’t.  There was no way his mother could take the death of his brother after she had just found him again. “Besides, this gives me a chance to start something new. I will be working with my grandmother as her right hand at Chancellor.”

“Something else we have in common.  I have a new job too.  I will be working as the Vice President of Product Merchandising and Development at Fenmore's.”

“Sounds exciting. Besides, Lauren is great.  I admit to being biased, she is my aunt.” They both looked in Lauren’s direction.  When she noticed them, she acknowledged them with a smile and a wave.

“Yeah, it is exciting, but not as exciting as the term “right hand”.  What does that mean anyway? Will you be the enforcer? The strong arm.  Either way, I am sure you will be excellent at it,” she said laughing.

He smiled at her having faith in him.  Of course, she didn’t really know and was only joking but he appreciated it all the same. “I’m not sure what it means. I don’t start until Monday.  But when I do, you will be the first to know.”

He noticed her looking in the direction of the kids with the clowns. This wasn’t the first time she had done so.

“Would you like to go see what the kids are doing with the clowns,” he asked with a smile.  He could tell that Roxy was special, not many beautiful fashionable women would want to willingly spend time with the clown and the kids at a birthday party.  Well, at least none he knew.

She looked back at Devon who only had eyes for his mother. “Yes. That would be fun.”

“Okay,” he said rising from his seat. He reached for her hand to help her up. “Let’s go,” he said as he placed his hand at the small of her back to usher her past him.

 

 

Harmony saw Roxy walk off with Chance and nudged Devon’s knee with her own.  When he looked at her she gestured with her head in their direction. Devon looked at them and smiled at her.

“Roxy is very friendly.  She never meets a stranger,” he said proudly.

That might be so but Roxy had just come back in town, Devon should be the one with her.  Instead he was glued to her side. “Yeah.  But she just got back into town.  Surely she wants to spend time with you.”

Just as she said that Abby sat down right next to Devon.

“She’s okay. Besides, we will go out to eat later tonight.  Maybe go out to a club or two.”

“Oh, you are going out tonight?  Which club? I will meet you there,” Abby said eagerly looking at Devon.  There was no mistaken the interest in her eyes.

Was her son always this clueless when it came to women? He surely didn’t get that from Neil. And most definitely not from Tucker. 

“Probably Level 3,” he told Abby.

“I am sure Roxy does not want to go out to a club tonight. Maybe you should stay in.  Order take out. Oh. And Candles and flowers,” she told Devon.

“Roxy is not the romantic type,” Devon said.

Harmony heard Tucker laugh at the comment.

“What is that supposed to mean,” Devon said leaning forward looking at Tucker. He was still whispering but she could tell that he was upset.

“All women are the romantic type.  That’s all,” Tucker said in his usual tone.

“Well you are the one to know right. You know exactly how to suck a woman in.  Get her to care about you so that you can sleep with her then abandon her.  No thanks.  I’d rather not play that game,” Devon said irritated.

“Devon, that was totally uncalled for. And it was disrespectful,” Harmony said dismayed over Devon’s overreaction.

“It’s the truth. Right,” Devon said as he stood and walked over in the direction of Roxy.

Abby watched Devon leave. Her disappointment was evident.   She hoped Devon didn’t get  himself in trouble with Abby. 

“I am so sorry Mick,” Harmony said as she placed her hand on Tucker’s thigh closest to her. He covered her hand with his own and smiled.

“You’re just as sweet as ever you know that.  Don’t apologize for Devon.  He is a grown man. Besides, he was only stuck to you because he knows.”

“Knows? Knows what,” she asked.

“Knows that I want you. And that I am willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen,” he said as he rubbed his fingers over her hand on his thigh.

She blushed because Devon was right.  Tucker definitely knew how to talk a girl out of her panties.  Because regardless of what she had told him last night and herself every night since they had come face to face again, her panties were ready to fly off. She looked across the table to see John watching them with a knowing smile. 

 

Kevin walked into the tent on a clear mission.  He would apologize to Chloe for not going through with the wedding.  If he was so inclined, he knew he could blame it on Angelina’s drama.  Or her father’s threats.  But deep down he knew he was lying.  He didn’t marry Chloe because he knew that she didn’t love him like she should.  At first it didn’t bother him so much. He felt he could love her enough for both of them. But then, the more time he spent around Angelina and saw how she really had deep feelings for him.  The more he realized that he wanted more from Chloe than she could give.  He wasn’t currently in love with Angie, but she loved him.  This was more than what he could say for Chloe. 

He saw them over near the kids and the clowns so he headed in that direction. 

“Oh uh uh,” he heard Tammy say and knew he was in for it.  Of all the times for Tammy to be back, this was not it. She would only make this harder for him.

When she said they all turned to watch his approach.  When he got a few feet away, Billy stepped up to meet him with a punch to the face.

“How dare you show up here after hurting Chloe?  At my little girl’s party no less. You classless chipmunk bastard.”

Kevin was bent over holding his bleeding nose so he couldn’t reply just yet.

He heard Kay walk up behind him and say, “Billy.  This is not the time or the place. You’re scaring the kids. Take this outside if you must hash it out.”  She must have entered the tent behind him.

“Oh yeah. Take him outside and hash it out Billy,” Tammy said as Chloe remained quiet.

“I came to see Chloe.  I wanted to talk to her and no else,” Kevin said after finally getting his bearings.

“Okay, I will talk to him. Let’s go Kevin.”

“Billy, stay here. I will come with you Chloe.  I won’t interfere.  I will just be there if you need me,” Chance said.

“Okay”

Chance then turned to Roxy and said, “Roxanne, I won’t be long okay.”

“Have you forgotten? She’s not here with you bro. She’s here with me,” Devon said challengingly.

“Oh really.  Could have fooled me, cause I thought you were here with your mother,” Chance said with a smile and followed Chloe out.

Tamara laughed as she looked at Devon’s face turning red with anger and said, “What an exciting party.”

 

Chloe would allow Kevin to say his piece and send him on his way.  When they stood outside the tent she turned and said, “Speak.”

“First I just want to say how sorry I am about how things went down.  Angelina lied about her ex-boyfriend wanting to kill me.  She said that your life and Delia’s was in danger. And that Carmine could hurt you.  But it was all a set up.  Once I found this out, her father did too and assumed that we were lovers.  So he tried to kill me for that.  We were on the run for some time and then we made it to her father’s private island to hide out.  The only thing that kept me alive was the fact that I married her.”

Chloe realized at that moment that Kevin was an idiot.  She didn’t care to here anymore of the story.  The knowledge that Kevin had married Angelina had her feeling nothing.  She knew that this all happened for the best.  The one bad thing in all of this was that she would miss Kevin’s friendship. After all that had happened, there was no way she trusted him.  Thusly, they couldn’t be friends. 

“Okay.  Thanks for telling me,” she said.

“But that’s not all.”

“Oh yes it is.  I’m done with you,” she said as she patted his chest and walked back into the tent with Chance at her heels.

“Are you okay,” he said.

“I am better than okay,” she said with a smile.  And she was.  She felt great. She had just dodged a bullet in not marrying Kevin. 

“Good girl,” Chance said with a wink.

 

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Rickey woke up wondering why he didn’t feel any pain in his chest or that tube down his throat. Actually, he wasn’t at the hospital at all. He seemed to be in the garden behind his grandparents’ house. It was such a beautiful day.  The sun was shining and it was so warm.

“Rickey”

He turned towards the voice to see his mother standing behind him.

“Mommy,” he said in an uncertain voice.  He didn’t have any memories of his mother.  He recognized her from pictures around the house.  She was just as beautiful in person as she was in those pictures. 

“Yes, it’s mommy.  I came to get you son.  It’s time to go.”

“Go where?”

“Home baby. Home,” she said as she reached out her hand for his.

He clasped his hand with hers.  They walked hand in hand as they disappeared into the shrubbery.

 

 

Location:  Tent on the grounds of the Chancellor Mansion

Kay was glad that Kevin was back in town.   And glad that he had come by to talk with Chloe.  But this was surely not the right time.  She was happy that she could diffuse the situation.  Chloe seemed happier when she came back in.  Her step seemed lighter.  Maybe they had worked it out that quickly and gotten back together.  She would spend some time later with Chloe and find out just what happened.  Right now, she was watching her son fawn all over Harmony.  She decided that she wouldn’t say anything right now.  She would wait and see how it turned out. Give Tucker a Chance to show her that he was deserving of Harmony.  Besides, she knew that Jill and Nina were expecting her to not like them together.  To talk Harmony against Tucker.  And she didn’t want to give them the satisfaction of being right. So she would wait.  But the minute he screwed it up she would jump in.  And she expected him to screw up because he was just a distrusting bitter human being.  She noticed Phyllis watching them too.

“So I guess you are only here to see what gossip you can find out and put it in Restless Style.”

“No, I am here because Summer was invited.”

“Oh yes, Summer. But I see you didn’t bring Lucy.”

“Well, I know it can be difficult letting go of a child.  I didn’t want to make it harder on Victoria than it already is.”

“How noble of you. Yet this could have been avoided if you had just left things alone.”

“Listen, I don’t want to discuss this.  It’s over and done with.  I had to do what I had to do for my family.  If this were Neil, no one would have a thing to say.”

“Yes dear.  But you are a far cry from Neil.”

“What do you want me to say? I will not apologize for protecting my family.”

“Calm down Phyllis,” Lauren said.

“Yes do calm down dear.” Kay said.

“Calm down. Calm down. I just don’t get why people are all on me about protecting my family, when Sharon over there is trotting around town with the man who kidnapped her daughter. But oh, that’s right.  She gets the benefit of the doubt. She gets forgiveness. But not me.”

“Stop playing the martyr. It does not become you.” Kay said with a laugh. “Now if you would excuse me.”

She walked over to the table and stopped beside Harmony.

“Harmony, are you enjoying yourself.”

“I am.  Thank you,” Harmony said with a smile.

“And I would ask Tucker, but if the broad smile on his face is any indication, then assuredly he is too.”

“That’s right I am,” Tucker said scowling.

“Interesting.  I never took you for the kiddie party type.  There must be another reason why you seem so happy. “

“Oh please old woman.  Stop harassing the party guests,” Jill said annoyed.

“Yes, Jill.  I see you sitting there. I would ask you if you are enjoying yourself but I am sure the answer is no since you are almost incapable of embracing any happiness.  Now, I am feeling a bit tired.  I think I am going to lie down for a while.  Good day.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.