Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Episode 11

Time: Next day, Morning

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club Room 202

Harmony sat astride Tucker with him buried deeply inside of her.  Her legs were wrapped around his waist as he sat up against the head board. The sheets were tangled around their lower bodies.  Her hands were resting on his shoulders anchoring her to him.  He had one arm wrapped around her waist and the other squeezing and lifting her breast while rubbing the nipple with his thumb.

They had worn themselves out last night.  Tucker had awakened her to make love to her again 3 times.  And each time had been more earth shattering than the last.  Now there love making was leisurely. Unhurried.  Between kisses and conversation she would periodically slide up and down on him sending shivers through her body and his.

“hhhmm, so what are your plans today?” he said softly as she slid up and down on him.

“Brunch with the Winters and then church.” She panted kissing him softly.  She didn’t think that he would like that answer but he didn’t seem at all fazed by it.

“Sounds like fun. I guess I am not invited,” he said in a husky voice bending his head and taking her nipple into his mouth to suck on it lightly while still lifting and squeezing the other.

“mmmmm,” she moaned as she slid up and down on him again. “Baby, I am not sure that it would go over well.”

He released her breast and wrapped both arms around her waist. He looked her in the eyes and said, “We’re together now. Everyone is just going to have to accept it.”

She slid up and down him again. “Mmmm, that may take some time baby.”

He tightened his hold on her waist to hold her steady and pushed himself further inside her by rotating his hips. “Aaaahh,” she screamed lightly. 

“You’re mine now. I don’t care what anyone thinks,” he growled. The look of possessivenes in his eyes gave her pause. 

Tucker was not going to let them ease people into the idea of them being together, she realized. It was futile to fight it. She needed to preserve her energy to take on battles she could win. This was not one. She knew in her head that she shouldn’t like him being demanding and possessive.  She shouldn’t bask in it.  But her heart and body said differently.   

Bracing her forehead against his, she wrapped both arms around his neck as she slid up and down again. “I am yours. Don’t ever doubt it,” she said breathing hard.

“Okay,” he said then kissing her slowly on the lips.  He left her lips and to trail his lightly over her cheek to suck on the side of her neck.  She hoped that she didn’t have any passion marks. “So, move in with me,” he finished.

When she gave an inch, he took a mile.  He seemed to always be eons ahead of her in what he wanted as opposed to what she was ready to give.

“Tucker -,” she began but was cut off when he grabbed her forearms and leaned her back until she was lying flat on her back in the bed with her legs  wide. “Eeeh,” she squealed in surprise.

He then kneeled on all fours atop her with his hands next to her head.  “So you are back to calling me Tucker again huh?”

“Well I told you it depended on my mood and the time of day,” she said laughing.

“So you won’t be moving in with me I take it,” he asked seriously while moving one of his hands between her spread legs and rubbing his finger up and down her opened folds.

“Mmmm,” she moaned. “No. I am not shacking up with you.” And certainly not in a house and bed that he lived and made love to another woman in.

“Why not,” he said as he rubbed her clitoris with his thumb.  His voice was very close to whining.  Which is something she never thought to hear Tucker do.

“Honestly, I like my independence,” she sighed.  It was true.  She was enjoying her life for the first time in years. She wasn’t ready to let it go.

“I don’t like that word Songbird,” he warned as he bent and licked her lips while exerting more pressure with his thumb rubbing her clitoris.

“Aaaaah,” she screamed lightly. “Okay baby, I won’t use the word anymore.  But that won’t make it less true. This is all happening so fast.  I want to slow it down just a little bit. Catch our breath. Date first.”

He bent his head and kissed her deeply.  His tongue tangling with hers. “Okay.  Fine. I’ll allow it.  For now. But you will only see me.  No one else.  Right?”

She chuckled to herself. Tucker sounded a little insecure and unsure of her. She couldn’t imagine why being that she had been in love with him for 24 years and he knew it.  She should be the one insecure.  But oddly enough, she wasn’t.  She could feel that Tucker was sincere in wanting her.

“Right,” he asked again inserting a finger in her and moving it in and out slowly.  

“Do you know how long I have waited to be here with you?  To have you love me back. You are all I have ever wanted.  This is all I have ever wanted. There is no way that I would throw it all away on some other guy.  I only want you baby.”

“Good,” he said with an impish grin. “Because you are going to get a lot of me.”   He removed his hand from between her legs and smacked the side of her thigh. “Now come on,” he said as he sat up beside her on the bed leaning back, bracing himself on his hands with his legs straight out.   He looked down at himself fully aroused still and back at her. “Let’s finish your ride. I wouldn’t want you to be late for worship service because of me.”  He winked and her stomach muscles clinched.

Harmony thought that Tucker was the sexiest man she had ever known.  And he was all hers.

She climbed on top facing away from him.   She was on her knees with them spread wide.  She leaned forward and braced her hands on either side of his legs.  She felt him position himself at her opening as she sank down slowly.

“mmm hum,” he said. “You feel so good.”

She clenched her muscles around him as she began to move up and down in a steady rhythm. 

“Mmmm,” she moaned as she felt him lightly rub her butt.

“Do you know how exquisite you look,” he asked in a husky voice rubbing the tips of his fingers slowly up her spine and then back down causing her to vibrate around him.

She looked back at him over her shoulder.  When he finally looked up from her body to her face, she smirked.  She knew fully well what she was doing when she chose to turn this way.

“Oh, I see. I guess you know what I like huh,” he said breathing hard as he looked away from her face to watch her body move up and down.

“Mmm, I do,” she said as she moved faster.  She began to clench and unclench her muscles around him on every stroke.

“Aaahhhh,” he screamed. “I see you do.”

He began to move with her. On every down stroke he rose to meet her. Three minutes later she felt her stomach muscles tighten at the beginnings of her orgasm.

“Aaaaaahhhh,” she screamed as she came around him.

“I love you,” he said as his body stiffened and she knew that he had come too.  After the last wave of her orgasm faded away, she looked over her shoulder at him again and smiled.

“Mmm,” he said shaking his head slowly from side to side. “You’re just so damned luscious.” He smacked her butt cheek lightly with his hand then squeezed it.  “You better get out of this bed right now and get dressed.  Or I will keep you here all day,” he continued as she rose from him and lay down in the bed.  He got up from the bed and went into the bathroom. 

“That wouldn’t be such a bad thing now would it,” she teased as she continued to lay in the bed. She heard the toilet flush before he walked back out.

“Are you offering sweetheart,” he asked as he lay down on his back and pulled her towards him.

“No.  Not really,” she said jokingly as she lay her head on his chest and partially covered his body with her own.  She would love nothing more than to stay with Tucker all day.  But she had other commitments.  She didn’t want to make a habit of neglecting her friendships, relationships, nor job.  She had learned that these were things that had to be nurtured to survive and grow. 

“You are such a tease. Oddly enough, I like it. So, you won’t move in with me.  But at least, will you spend the night with me tonight?”

“Baby, you’re going to need a new bed if you want me to stay overnight,” she said.  And she meant that.  She knew she would feel totally uncomfortable.

“A new bed?”

“I hope you don’t expect to make love to me in a bed that you have repeatedly made love to another woman.  Certainly not,” she said lifting her head up off his chest to look into his eyes.

“Hey hey,” he said rolling her over on her back to lie atop of her. “You are the only woman I have ever made love too. I thought I had made that clear.”

“Okay then.  Had sex with.”  Made love to.  Had sex with. In her mind it was all the same. It was still him sharing with someone else what should have been hers.

“I tell you what. How about we go out after you leave church and pick out a brand new king size bed for my place. Huh,” he said smiling.

“That sounds like a plan,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him deeply on the lips.  As she kissed him she could feel him getting aroused. 

“So do you have time for one more round before you go,” he asked rocking his hips to rub himself against her opening.

“For you baby, I will make the time,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. She was surprised that Tucker was ready again after they had just made love.  She hadn’t expected Tucker to have such a high sex drive. She wondered if he would always be like this or if it was just the novelty of it being their first time together again.

“I love you,” he said as he began to slowly push inside of her. 

“Baby wait.  We need protection.  I am not on birth control. Remember?”

He kissed her as he pushed further. “I remember.  I just don’t want to wear it,” he said as he kissed her again.

“No sweetheart. No. We need it,” she said resting her hands on his shoulders. There was a time in her life where she was irresponsible.  But that time was no longer.

“I’ll pull out. I won’t come inside of you Songbird. I promise. I just don’t want anything between us.”

“Tucker, we are both too old to have this conversation,” she said with conviction staring into his eyes. He stopped and stared back.  They lay that way having a silent battle of wills for several heartbeats.

 “Damn,” he said as he pulled out and got another condom from the drawer. He stood by the bed and put it on. “I don’t want to wear these forever you know,” he said with a smile.  She assumed it was to ease the sting of his demands.  But she understood where he was coming from so she wasn’t angry.

“You won’t have to baby.  I will make an appointment tomorrow for birth control.”

He lay back down between her legs and pushed all the way inside of her with one stroke.

“Mmmmm,” she moaned. 

“Birth Control? Hhmmm,” he said thoughtfully. “We need to discuss that. But right now I want to hear you sing my name.” he said kissing her neck.

 

 

Location: Devon Winters’ House

Devon had been calling and texting Roxy all night.  She was supposed to come with him to Sunday brunch with his family like she always did when she was in town.  He had told the men in the family about Roxy, but he didn’t want to have to tell the women.  His mother, Aunt Olivia, Sophia nor Lily would understand the problem.  They would take her side.  He just knew it.  The last thing he needed was for the women of his family to tell Roxy she was right.  He dialed her number again in hopes that this would be the time she answered.  To his amazement, it was.

“Roxanne,” he said attempting to keep the annoyance from his voice. 

“Devon,” she said dryly.

“So it’s like that huh?  You ignore all my calls and texts.”

“I was tired.  I didn’t feel like talking.”

“You could have at least texted me back.  You don’t know. Something terrible could have happened to me.” 

“Well, I figured you were okay.  Being that if you weren’t, you wouldn’t have been capable of calling me or texting repeatedly.”

“I may have had an emergency or something. I might have needed you.”

“Your father is Neil Winters.  I am sure that he would come running if ever you needed anything.”

“Well he couldn’t have given me this,” he said lowering his voice so she would know what the “this”  was to which he was referring.

“Whatever Devon. What is it that you want,” she said irritated.

He had never known Roxy to act this hard with him.  Not even when he had cheated on her.  That had been the worse feeling. Knowing that he had hurt her like that. He still didn’t understand why that had happened.  Roxy was the only woman he had ever been in love with.  The only woman he wanted to ever be in love with.

“Baby. Come on.”

“What,” she asked pretending not to understand him.

“Well are you coming to brunch today.  My family will be expecting you and would be really disappointed if you didn’t show.” He knew he was wrong to bring up his family as an emotional blackmail.  But he wanted to see her today and he thought that this brunch was his only chance.

“Sure. I will be there,” she said sighing.

“Great.  I will come pick you up.”

“Let me ask you this. Did you go out clubbing last night?”

“I texted you and called you all night and would have come running if you had even hinted that you wanted to see me.”

“Answer the question Devon?”

“Yes.”

“Why am I not surprised? No thank you. I will meet you there,” she said and hung up the phone.

Well, she was more upset about this than he thought.  But there was one thing he knew for sure was that Roxanne loved him.  And he loved her.  It wasn’t that he didn’t want to marry her.  He did. She was the only woman that he wanted. The only woman that he wanted to be the mother of his children.  He knew he had reacted badly last night.  He had been shocked. But it wasn’t just shock.  He admitted to himself that he had some fear of divorce.  He remembered how lost Lily had been when they met. The things that she had gone through. He didn’t want his children to go through that.  He just wanted to do it right so that it would be forever. 

 

Location: Neil Winters’ Apartment

Sophia rang Neil’s door bell and waited for him to answer.  He was supposed to pick her up but she needed to attempt to get a DNA sample as soon as possible so she decided to pretend that she had gotten her signals crossed.  Neil opened the door and smiled.

 “Hey,” she said.

“Hey you.  I thought that I was going to pick you up today,” he said taking Moses’ carrier from her hand.

“Oh were you,” she smiled. “I must have gotten that confused.” She hoped that she didn’t sound as nervous as she felt.

“Okay well come on in. Let me just finish dressing and we will be ready to go.”

“Okay.  Let me just reapply my make up too. “

“Why,” he said looking at her. “You look beautiful.  Your make up is perfect, as usual.”

“Thank you.  But I still want to check it,” she said.  She couldn’t stop herself as she giggled nervously.

“Okay. Well Moses and I will be in the bedroom.”

“Okay.” She said as she went into the bathroom and closed the door.

There was no mistaken the toothbrushes or getting his mixed up with anyone else’s because there was only one left in the bathroom now. She took a plastic back out of her purse and turned it inside out.  She put her hand inside the plastic, picked up the toothbrush, turned it outside in, and zipped it up.  She put it in the inside compartment of her purse and zipped it up.  She reapplied her makeup and walked out to sit on the couch in the living room to wait on Neil.

He came out fully dressed with Moses in the carrier.

“Oh, I hate to tell you this.  But I mistakenly knocked the toothbrush container off the sink.  Your toothbrush fell in the toilet.  I threw it away,” she smiled genuinely because the lie just rolled off her tongue.

“Okay.  No problem.  I have done that a time or two myself. So let’s head out.  We have to pick up Lily,” he said as he picked up a bag.  She wondered about what was in it but decided not to ask.  She just didn’t care enough.

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Nina was sitting in the living room enjoying having her son back.  And he didn’t seem as upset as she thought he would be.

“So Chancey, how do you really feel about being back for good,” she asked.

“You know mom.  At first I was hurt.  But now I am really excited.  I can’t wait to start work at Chancellor.”

“So is it just the job that has you excited or is it a certain beautiful girl.  You know the one that you met yesterday,” she said teasingly.

She saw Chance blush.  So it did have something to do with Roxanne.

“She was beautiful.  Wasn’t she?”

“Yes.  But let me remind you that she is also Devon’s girlfriend.  They have been dating for like 3 or 4 years now.  They seem devoted to each other.”

“He didn’t seem all that devoted to me.”

“Well he had some other things going on too.”

“If I had a woman like that there is no way I would let anything take my focus from her.”

Chance had a woman like that in Chloe but he had lost sight by cheating on her with someone else.  He had made some mistakes but she wouldn’t list them for him.  He knew his flaws. And she hoped he had learned his lesson with what happened.  “Just be cautious because I would really hate to see you get hurt again or hurt anyone else.”

“Mom, let’s not talk about this.  I just met her yesterday.”

“Okay.  I will let it go. Just a heads up though.  I am sure she will be at church with the Winters as she is every Sunday that she is in town.”

“Thanks.”

 

Location: Paul Williams’ Apartment

Ashley was at a loss for words with Paul.  He still seemed so angry. She was sitting on a corner of the couch with him lying across it with his head in her lap. He still hadn’t contacted Rickey’s grandparents.

“Paulie, you still need to contact Rickey’s grandparents and let them know what has happened,” she said running her hand through his hair.

“I know.  I just don’t want to call them and tell them that another one of their loved one’s died on my watch. First Isabella and now Rickey.”

“Sweetheart, you can’t blame yourself for this. Neither was your fault.”

“I know that.  But I still feel responsible.  Like I wasn’t attentive enough to him. I still want to know how someone young and healthy dies from pneumonia.”

“What are you suggesting?”

“I am suggesting that the hospital may be at fault.  And I won’t rest until I know what happened to him.  And why he had to die.”

“Paul.  I am not sure that anyone is to blame.” Ashley was well aware that Nate was the attending physician for Rickey.  If Paul wanted to place blame it would surely fall on him. 

“I disagree. Something had to have gone wrong.  I want to know.  This may prevent someone else from going through what I am going through right now.”

“Sometimes Paul, things just happens.  And it is no one’s fault.  I totally understand wanting to know what happened.  But I don’t want to see you so consumed with this that you lose yourself in the process.  I, better than most, know what that feels like.”

“I know you do.  We will just wait and see what comes out of the review board. I know it is customary procedure to have one.  I think I will call Olivia and ask her when can I expect to hear the result of it.”

“Why don’t I ask her about it?  Take some of the load off of you.  Now let’s get dressed for church.  We need God’s grace right now.” 

 

Time: Same day, Mid-Morning

Location: Genoa City Athletic Club Dining Room

Neil looked down the table at his family and his heart swelled with pride.  To his immediate right were Devon then Roxy, Maddy, Olivia, Harmony, and Justin.  To his immediate left was Lily, then Charlie, Nathan, Moses, and Sophia. Chris was seated at the other end of the table.   Everyone looked happy and healthy.  Especially Harmony, who seemed to be glowing from within. The exception  was Devon and Roxy.  She spent most of her time feeding and playing with Maddy. Which wasn’t unusual as she would always take responsibility for one of the twins to ease Lily’s burden whenever she was around. They had become great friends over the years.  But what was unusual is that she was pointedly ignoring Devon.  It was obvious that he needed some help.  Luckily he had a surprise that he thought might do that.

He stood and everyone looked towards the end of the table at him.  He lifted the bag he had brought earlier and sat it on the table on front of him.

“Everyone, you just don’t know how it does my heart good to see us all here.  No matter what has transpired during the week, we are always able to pull it together on Sunday.  The Lord’s day,” Neil said.

“Neil, you have become just as much a sap as Justin here.  What happened to you man,” Chris asked with a laugh.

“Oh, he’s always been this way. At least as long as I have known him,” said Olivia. Followed by laughter from all.

“Okay. No long winded melancholy speech then,” Neil said with a smile. “However, I did bring gifts”. 

“Yay, gifts from my daddy. My favorite thing,” Lily said as she lightly clapped her hands.

Neil pulled out a stack of medium sized flat jewelry boxes.

“You have always been such a daddy’s girl,” Devon said in mock irritation.  Lily smirked at him.

“Okay, I have one for all the ladies,” he said as he passed the jewelry boxes down the table except for one.  “And this one’s for Roxy.  You know we love you and you are already a part of this family,” he said to her with a smile. 

“Thank you,” Roxy said smiling.  He could tell that she was surprised.

Neil winked at Devon and laid the box in front of him.  He could have easily place it before her himself but he wanted to help Devon score some points.  Devon picked up the box with his left hand and put his right hand around Roxy’s chair. He leaned in and held the box out for her.  She took it and smiled at him.

“Open it,” Devon whispered.  She opened it and gasped as did the other women at the table.

It was a platinum chain with a pendent in the shape of a script W.  The pendent was made of small sapphires with diamonds around the edge and was about an inch in diameter.

Neil heard thank you’s from all the women as Lily stood and hugged him. “Thank you,” she said.

“You’re welcome baby girl,” he said as she sat down. 

He then turned back to Devon and Roxy.  She ran her finger over the pendant.  “It’s beautiful,” she said.

“Would you like me to put it on for you,” Devon asked.

“Yes, thank you.”

Devon removed the necklace from its’ case and stood behind Roxy’s chair.  She lifted her hair as he put the necklace around her neck and fastened the clasp.  Then he sat back down.  

“You’re beautiful,” Devon said placing his arms back around Roxy’s chair and rubbing his fingers over the pendant that lay flat against her breast bone.

“Thank you,” she said as they stared into each other’s eyes.

Neil felt like he had done his job.  Now it was up to Devon to make sure that Roxy continued to feel like she was a part of this family whether they got married now or sometime in the distant future.

“So the ladies get gifts but not me,” Nathan said with a laugh. “I’m hurt.”

“Well nephew it just so happens I also have something for you too.”

“Now that’s what I am talking about,” Nate said rubbing his hands together.

Neil once again went into his bag and pulled out smaller boxes and passed them around.

The boxes contained cuff links and a matching tie pin.  Both were platinum surrounding black onyx.  Inside the onyx was a smaller replica of the sapphire and diamond pendant on the women’s necklace.

“Cousin, I see your tastes have improved dramatically. Thanks,” Chris said.

There were thank you’s from all the men at the table. 

“Uhm, although this is quite beautiful and I thank you for it.  Need I remind you that I am a Barber,” Justin said.

“I know you think that this stands for Winters.  But it doesn’t.  The W is for WinterCorp. The umbrella company that will house Bell Communications and every other business we acquire.  It’s the name of our empire.”

“Well, in that case.  I am honored,” Justin said.

Chris leaned back in his chair.  Neil caught his eye and knew that he approved.  Bell Communications was just the beginning of what he had in store.

 

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Kay and the rest of the occupants of the house were having breakfast with the exception of Harmony.  She was aware that Harmony didn’t come home at all last night.  She assumed that she was with Tucker.  She was a little disappointed in Harmony at the idea.  When she first came to town, she thought that Harmony could handle Tucker.  Not let him run over her the way he did Ashley and everyone else in his pursuit of what he wanted.  But it seemed that Harmony was giving in to Tucker way to easily.  She didn’t like it at all.  Tucker needed to be reined in and taught a lesson.   She had backed up off him and Devon in the last couple of weeks.  But now, since Harmony was a disappointment, she figured she would have to get back in the fight.

“Uh oh, Billy strikes again,” Chloe said.

“Don’t tell me that it is about the Winters,” Jill said.

“Not the Winters per say.”

“Then who?  What is it this time,” Esther asked.

“Tucker and Harmony. It appears they are in the living room here.  They may be embracing. Then not.  One can’t really tell from the picture.  It was obviously taken from the window.  It seems either or the other of them has become a hit with the paparazzi,” Chloe said casually.

“Poor Harmony.  She’s going to be devastated that Billy has done this again,” Nina said.

“So he has done this before,” Chance asked.

“Well they scooped that Tucker and Ashley was divorcing at the same time that Neil Winters and his cousin bought Bell Communications.  Tucker really-,“ Chloe cut herself off. “You know what Chance.  I will explain all this to you on the way to the church.”

“Okay,” he said.

“Katherine, you haven’t said anything. I was wondering what you are thinking,” Jill said looking at Nina who smiled knowingly.

“Well, I must say that I am disappointed in Harmony.  I thought she was made of stronger stuff than to succumb to Tucker’s advances so soon,” Kay said.

“Maybe she has ulterior motives, like I said,” Jill stated.

“Oh please Jill.  You think everyone is a villain and no one has altruistic reason for doing anything,” Nina said.

“That’s because they are and they generally don’t,” Jill shot back.

“Maybe that’s because you don’t,” said Esther.

“Ladies, enough with the bickering.  I can’t enjoy my breakfast over here,” Murphy said.

“Well, I think her motives are true with Devon and Anna.  They are even true with Tucker I think. If she wanted his money Jill, she could have had it long ago.  No, she obviously loved him,” Kay said.

“And from the look on her face in this photo, she still does,” Chloe said.

“Well, I am not sure that this relationship is in her best interest.  I do not trust Tucker to treat her right,” Kay said.

Jill and Nina looked at each other and smiled.

 

Location: Paul Williams’ Apartment

Paul knew that he couldn’t put it off much longer.  He needed to just make the call and get it over with.  He was sure that they would want to bring him home for a service.  He dialed their number.

“Hola,” a female voice said.  He recognized it as Ricky’s grandmother.

“Mrs. Brana. This is Paul,” he said.

“Paul. How are you?”

“I’m not doing that well.”

“What is going on?”

“It’s Rickey.  He became sick last week.  And although we had every hope that he would be fine.  Something happened at the hospital and he didn’t make it,” Pauls said beginning to cry.

“Paul.  Are you telling me that my baby died?”

“Yes ma’am.”  As much as it pained him to say this out loud.  It was true.

“Oh no,” she said as she begin to cry. He could here Mr Brana in the background asking her what was wrong and her incoherently try to tell him.

“Hello.”

“Sir.”

“Paul. What happened?  Is it our boy Rickey.”

“Yes sir.  He got sick and he died.”

He too began to cry as well.

“Do they know what happened,” Mr Brana asked through his sobs.

“Apparently, he had pneumonia.  But it just seems odd to me.  I vow to you, I will find out what happened to our boy.”  And he would if it was the last thing he did.

“I don’t know what to say,” Mr. Brana said.  “I am at a lost.  There are no words.”

“Well, I know that you would want to bring him home to rest beside his mother.  I will make arrangements for that. “

“Thanks Paul.”

 

 

Time: Same day, Noon

Location:  Genoa City Episcopal Church

Nathan walked towards the entrance of the church.  It seemed that everyone he knew was here today.  Maybe it had something to do with the death of Rickey Williams.  One dying so young always seemed to have an effect on the people that are left behind.  Sometimes positive.  Sometimes negative.  But it seemed that facing mortality always brought people closer to God. 

He noticed Devon standing on the side walk holding Roxy’s hand.  They were talking to someone who appeared to be Roxy’s sister.  Surely he was mistaken because Devon would have told him if Tammy was back in town.  Devon knew that he had a crush on her.  The closer he got to them, the more excited he became.  It was Tamara. 

She smiled as she noticed him approaching.   And just like that, his worries disappeared. 

“Hi Nathan,” she said in her usual sexy voice as she opened her arms in anticipation of his embrace.

“Tamara,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face in her hair. It smelled the way it always did.  Like roses.  “I didn’t know you were in town.”

“Yes,” she said stepping back out of his arms.  “I have been here a few days. How are you?”

“A few days,” Nate thought. He would strangle his cousin when he got him alone.  Devon knew he had a thing for Tammy and had been trying to get with her since they met a few months after Devon started dating Roxy.

“Good,” he said aloud. “I would ask you but it is obvious how you are.  You look absolutely stunning.  As usual.”  He heard Devon snicker. “So how long are you in town for?”

“Oh, I have moved back. Got a job and everything. So you and the rest of these folks will be seeing a lot more of me.  I am not sure either you or the town will be able to handle me,” she said saucily.

“I am not sure about the town, but I am more than capable of handling you,” he said.

“Okay,” Roxy said laughing. “I see the game has started already. Before it goes any further and embarrasses me, let me remind you that we are on church grounds.”

“You’re right. We had better go in and pray for my soul.  It’s just something about Nathan that makes me want to sin,” she said winking at him. “Rox, can I talk to you before the service begins.”

“Sure,” Roxy said as the women walked off towards the church.

When they were out of hearing range, Nate turned to Devon annoyed.  “I can’t believe that you didn’t tell me that Tamara Davis was back in town.  You know she is my dream girl.”

Devon began laughing. “Well, I was going to tell you last night but it slipped my mind while I was trying to get in touch with Roxy.  I still blame you for our latest problem you know.”

“Like I said, you don’t listen Devon.  But she seems okay now.  She was holding your hand when I walked up,” Nate said.

“It’s the necklace.  She loves it.  I am going to have to do something special for my dad to thank him.  Maybe I should have asked his advice afterall.”

“Yeah.  Probably.  That was a smooth move. But let me tell you, this won’t hold her off longer than a few days.  Do you want to know what I think?”

“No. But I know you are going to tell me anyway.”

“Marry her now Devon.  She is a great woman. You don’t want to lose her to someone else.  Have another man living your life. Believe me there are plenty of men out there who are willing to give her what she wants.  And right now.”

“Don’t you think I know that? I want to marry Roxy.  That was always my plan. I am just not stable enough right now.”

“Make yourself ready. It’s not hard.”

“Easy for you to say.  You have gone to medical school.  Your dream career is established.”

“Cous, I am going to give you fair warning.  Tammy is back in town.  I fully expect to catch that little flirt this time.  And when I do, it will be for keeps.  Roxy’s going to feel like crap if Tammy gets engaged before her and she has been dating you for three years.”

“What the hell?  Are you saying that you are in love with Tamara Davis and plan on marrying her sometime soon?”

“No, I am not in love with her. But I do plan on marrying her though.” Nate knew that didn’t sound right.  But after witnessing what his dad has just gone through, he just felt like he didn’t want to be bothered with the sentiment. He just wasn’t one for love.  He thought it was overrated.

“Not computing doctor,” Devon said looking at him like he had sprouted a second and third head.

“I know a good woman when I see one.  She is perfect for me.  She is a social butterfly and having someone like that on my arm would do wonders for my career.  By the way, she’s fine.  I want her.”

“I cannot believe you are choosing a wife in such a cold blooded way.  You better hope that she never finds out.  But I am not so sure that she will agree anyway.  She has always been hard to get.”

“Yes.  But she is older and wiser now.  Trust me.  My chances have gone up every year that she hasn’t met anyone else.”

“I can’t believe you,” Devon said astonished. “ Anyway, let’s go inside before the service starts.”

 

Olivia walked towards the entrance of the church alongside Harmony. 

“You seem so happy this morning Harmony.  Care to share,” she asked.  She figured it had something to do with Tucker.  She wouldn’t begrudge Harmony being with Tucker.  Ashley had decided to leave him.  So he should find someone else too.

“It’s Tucker,” Harmony said with a smile.

“Of course it’s Tucker. What happened?”

“Okay, it’s just between you and me for right now.  But last night, he told me that he loved me and we are together.”

“By together you mean?”  She just wanted clarification.

“We are seeing each other exclusively.”

“I know you love Tucker.  It’s written all over you.  But I just want you to be careful with him.  He can be very attentive.  Make you feel like the only woman in the world.  But he can also be callous and ruthless.”  Olivia hated telling Harmony this but she felt that she needed to know.

“In business, yes,” Harmony said slowly.

“No sweety.  I mean in general.  Look at the way he has treated Kay.  Just be careful.  I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

At the moment Jack walked up.

“Ladies, it’s nice to see you this morning.  Olivia, can I speak to you for a second.”

“Okay, I think I will just head on inside,” Harmony said as she walked off.  Olivia braced herself for another round of Jack’s flirting.

“Jack.  What do you need?”

“Weren’t you supposed to call me back?”

“I’m sorry, I totally forgot.”

“Don’t worry.  You can make it up to me by allowing me to take you dinner tomorrow night.  I have some things I want to talk to you at length about.  And this is not the time.”

“Sure.  I always have time for dinner with an old friend.”

“Okay.  How about 7?  I’ll pick you up.”

“Okay.  Sounds like a date.”

“Yes, it is a date.   Have I told you how beautiful you look today?”

“You are such a flirt Jack.”

“But that doesn’t mean that I don’t mean it.”

“Hhmm. “

“Don’t think too hard on it doctor.  Now, let’s go in,” he said hold out his arm.  She slipped her hand through as they walked off.

 

 

Roxy was standing in the vestibule of the church speaking with her sister and waiting for Devon and Nate. 

 “Did you get a chance to talk to Devon about the reason you moved back,” Tammy asked.

“Yes.  And he said that he wasn’t ready.”  And from what Roxy could tell, he may not be ready for another 15 years if he was waiting on his music career to take off.

“Well, I am not surprised.”

“Neither am I.  Isn’t that sad?”

“Yes, it is. That’s a beautiful necklace chickadee,” Tammy said in awe. “I haven’t seen it before. Did Devon give it to you?”

“Yes.  Well, really his dad but who’s taking score.” 

“Huh.  You’re confusing me.”

“Devon’s dad gave all the women in the family a necklace like this.  He included me.” Roxanne knew what that meant.  Devon’s family accepted her as one of them.

“Wow girl.  I guess you really are in there. That family loves you.  But they always have. It shows their wisdom.”

“I guess that’s true,” Roxy said laughing.

“The necklace is nice and all but don’t lose sight of what you want.  The symbol of it is not lost on me.  But don’t let it be a replacement for that wedding ring.”

“You really know how to rain on a party, you know that Tam.” 

“Hey, someone has to keep you focused.  I would hate for you to waste anymore good child bearing years on Devon Winters.” 

“Are you calling out my biological clock?  You are older than me Tammy.  And all you have ever really wanted was a job as editor of a magazine and a family.”

“Yes, but I haven’t been dating the same guy for over 3 years.”

Roxy couldn’t even argue with that. When her sister was right, she was right. Before she could tell her so Chance walked in with his mother.

“Ladies, good morning,” he said.

“Good morning,” she and Tamara said in unison.

“I am not sure you met yesterday, but this is my mother, Nina Webster.  Mom, these are the amazing Davis sisters.  Tamara and Roxanne.”

“Ah yes.  I didn’t get a chance to meet Tamara, but I remember Roxanne here.  The beautiful fresh face that made my son forsake his mother without a backwards glance,” she said with a laugh.

“See, if I had known that you wanted him, I would have never agreed to be his partner.  I think that mothers should always come first,” Roxy said jokingly.

“Smart girl.  Chance, I like this one.”

“I like her too,” he said with a smile.

“Okay, well I will head on in and get a seat while you catch up,” Nina said.

“So are you ready for your new job tomorrow,” Roxy said. “Have you been working out your right hand?”

“Yes.  What about you?”

“I don’t need a strong right hand for my position,” she said. 

“I am sure your strengths lie elsewhere,” he said looking down at her body then back up to her face. “ So how about lunch tomorrow to discuss our first morning as executives.  Somehow, I think that you will be much better at this than me.  I am sure I will need some pointers.”

“I doubt if you will need any instruction from me. But the lunch sounds good.”

“Okay. Eve’s Bistro at 12,” he said. 

“Okay, see you then.”

“Enjoy the services ladies,” he said as he walked off.

Both she and Tammy watched him until the doors to the sanctuary closed.

“Uhm. Rox. Did you just make a date with that fine Phillip Chancellor IV.”

“What girl? No.  That is not a date.”

“Seems like one to me. You know he was engaged to Chloe.  Cheated on my girl.  Be careful.”

“Nah. It wasn’t a date. Where is Devon and Nate.  Or as you call him, Nathan.  Why do you flirt with him so when you know it won’t go further than that?”

“What makes you think that it won’t go further?”

“You two have been doing this dance for a while now and nothing ever comes of it.”

“Well, there is a reason for that.”

“Because you are not really interested.”

“What? Surely you don’t believe that. Nathan is a doctor. A surgeon, no less. He’s very sexy.  He’s a gentleman. He’s dependable. He’s kind and attentive. He’s generous. He’s trustworthy. He’s also well raised.  He’s funny. Oh yeah, did I mention he is a doctor,” she said laughing. “Besides, I look damn good on his muscled arm.”

“So what’s the problem then?  He obviously likes you.”

“I know that.  It’s just that he was here and I was in New York and not wanting to be here.  I don’t like long distance relationships.  But since I am here now, I might as well give him what he has been after for so long.”

“Uh oh,” Roxy said laughing.

“Yes ma’am.  I am about to rock the good doctors world.”

 

Location: Tucker McCall’s House

In light of the conversation that he and Harmony had this morning about taking their relationship slowly, he still wanted to be prepared. So he sat with Neil Lane, a jewelry designer from California, looking at possible rings.

“So Lane, what do you have for me,” Tucker said standing up.

“These are all one of a kind hand crafted pieces from my latest collection,” he said opening up a portable jewelry case.

Tucker looked at the rings.  He picked up a few and held them up.

 “So what do you think,” Neil said.

“Well, they are all beautiful. Definitely worthy of being worn by my wife. But I don’t know. I am just not getting the feeling that either one of them is for her.”

“What’s the problem?”

“These are all so shiny and new. I don’t think that they represent what I feel for her.  My love for her is not new,” he said thoughtfully.  And it wasn’t.  Although he had just allowed himself to claim it.  To acknowledge it for what it had been.  And what it still was.  “My love is not shiny and it’s not perfect. It’s weathered and worn.  It has been painful for both of us.  More so her than me.  I want something that indicates that. Something that says I recognize what she has been through.  That I see what loving me has cost her. That I see her. It should at least be older than our son.”

“Ah, I see,” Neil said.  “I have something else. It’s is an antique piece.  I was saving it for my personal collection.  But I think it would be better served by you.” He said as he lifted off the velvet section and pulled out small bag with a ring box.  He opened it up and gave it to Tucker.  

 

Tucker gasped as he said, “this is it.  This is the one.  It will look spectacular on her finger.”

“You’re in love.  I am sure no matter what you buy, you would think it looked spectacular on her finger.”

Tucker could only laugh.

“Just so you know.  The setting is titanium.  Hand crafted. That is a flawless yellow diamond. I suggest you get it ensured.”

“I will.  Thank you. “

“No, my friend.  Thank you.”

 

Location:  Genoa City Episcopal Church

Harmony sat in the pew at church listening to the guest pastor, Joel Olsteen, speak about forgiveness.  When she realized what the sermon was about, all she could think about was her children and Tucker.  She had been given forgiveness by all three.  She didn’t think she deserved it but she would accept it for the gift it was and be thankful.  She zoned back in as the pastor was finishing up.

“When you’ve been hurt or offended, sometimes it’s tempting to hold on to unforgiveness. But we have to remember, when people wrong us, our battle is not against flesh and blood. In other words, that person who hurt you is not the real enemy. The Bible says that your adversary is the devil, and he knows that if you don’t forgive, then your prayers won’t be effective. Unforgiveness puts up a barrier in your life to the power of God. In fact, if we don’t forgive others, we can’t be forgiven by God. But when you choose forgiveness, you open the door for God’s healing power to flow through your life. Disarm the enemy in your life today by choosing forgiveness. Bless those who curse you and pray for those who wrong you. Look at what Jesus did—when He was betrayed, beaten, mocked, and disrespected, He chose forgiveness. As you follow His example, you will open the door for God to move in your life, and you’ll live in victory in every area of your life!  Let us stand,” he said.

As she stood, Harmony felt light headed. Her knees began to buckle as she passed out.

 

Time: Same day, Afternoon

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Sophia had accompanied the family to hospital after Harmony had fainted at church.  She had not come too yet.  Everyone was frantic with worry.  Although she was not a fan of harmony’s herself, she was also worried.  She didn’t want anything to happen to her.  Devon was almost inconsolable with worry.  But Neil and Chris were doing their best to make him think positive.

“Precious. Relax. Think positive,” Chris said.

“I am trying. I really am. I just got my mom back, I can’t lose her again.  After losing Dru, I never thought I would have a mother again.  But now-“

“Son.  No one knows how you feel better than I do.  But this is not like Dru. That was different.  Just breathe,” Neil said as he held Devon’s face in both his hands.

“Okay. Okay,” Devon said.

She figured no one had told Tucker about what was going on.  She knew he would want to be here for Devon so she decided to go outside to call him.

“I am just going to step outside and check on Moses,” she said as she walked out. She did want to check on Moses.  They had elected not to bring him to church today.  He was at Lily’s with Charlie and Maddie.

She dialed Tucker’s number.

“Hey Soph,” he said. He sounded so happy.

“Hey Tucker.  I don’t know if anyone told you or not. But Harmony is at the hospital. She fainted at church.”

“What? Is she okay? How is she doing? Do they know what’s wrong? Tell me something.  Tell me something Soph,” Tucker said frantically.

“Tucker calm down. Calm down.  We haven’t heard anything yet.” He seemed very upset.  She was surprised.  She expected him to be worried about Devon.  But he didn’t even mention him at all.

“Devon is kind of losing it.”

“Okay.  Okay. I need to come there. I am on my way. Bye.” He hung up before she could respond.

“That was interesting,” she thought.  They really needed to have a talk.

She dialed the sitter’s number to check on Moses. 

 

Neil was just as nervous as Devon.  He was trying to stay calm for his son when the doctor walked in.

“Ms. Hamilton has woken up but she is still kind of groggy. She said that she had been working two jobs and hadn’t gotten much sleep.  She is just exhausted. She will be fine with a little rest.”

“See son.  She’s fine,” Neil said embracing Devon.

“Thank God,” Devon said. “Can I see her?”

“Yes. For a little while. But you are her son, right?”

“Yes, I am,” Devon said proudly.  Neil was touched.  Harmony had worked hard for that tone from Devon.  He was happy that she had earned it.  He just wished she was standing here to hear it.

“Okay.  Do you know whether she is pregnant?”

Neil was shocked. He looked at Devon who also appeared just as shocked.

“I don’t think so,” Neil said for Devon. “Why do you ask? Do you suspect that?”  If she was, Neil would deal with Tucker.  Because from the way they both looked in her room yesterday, he just knew he was the father.

“No.  We were just wondering.  There is some medication we wanted to give her right now but we needed to be sure that she wasn’t pregnant beforehand. But don’t worry. We will just do an ultrasound. She’s groggy so we didn’t trust her answer when she said no.”

“Oh okay,” Devon said.  “Can I see her now?”

“Sure come with me.”

                                                           

Lily was happy that Harmony was okay.  She knew that Devon really couldn’t take losing her.  Besides, she liked Harmony.  She liked having her around. She reminded her somewhat of Dru when she was bouncing around having fun.  And Lily still missed her mother so much.  Since Harmony was okay she figured she would go home to relieve the baby sitter who had agreed to keep the kids on short notice so they could come to the hospital. She sounded worn out when she had spoken to her.

“Hey guys, I think that I need to go home and let the baby sitter go now that we know Harmony is okay.  She seemed sort of stressed out when we spoke.”  

“I think I will pick Moses up too,” Sophia said.

“Well, I can’t leave Devon here,” Neil said.

“No problem.  I will take everyone home,” Justin said. “I’ll drop them off and come back.”

“Thanks Justin.”

“No thanks needed.  This gives me time to catch up with Lily.”

 

Chris walked into Harmony’s hospital room. She lay in the bed with her eyes closed.  Her breathing was even so he thought that she might be asleep.  He wouldn’t disturb her.  He just wanted to sit by her side for a while.  When he sat down in the chair, she opened her eyes.  When she saw that it was him, she smiled.

“Hey boss,” she said.

“Hey you.  You had me worried earlier.”

“I am so sorry.  I don’t know what happened.”

“I do. The doctors said that you were exhausted.”

“Well, I have been feeling tired a lot lately.”

“And why didn’t you tell me that you were working another job?”  He had been furious when he found out.  There was no need for her to work two jobs.  He didn’t know him but Billy Abbot was obviously a disloyal selfish asshole.  She had been doing him a favor that was detrimental to her health and he had thrown her to the wolves on his website.  Chris would make sure that he was punished for that.

“Well, I didn’t think it was a big deal.  It was only temporary until I found a replacement.  And I did.  So I won’t be doing that anymore.”

“That’s good.   But also, I think we should cut back on your responsibilities to me.”  He had been keeping her occupied in hopes that she wouldn’t have time for McCall.  But it seemed that his plan had holes in it.  She had fallen through on and into his trap anyway.

“No, don’t do that.  I love my job.  I love working with you every day.”

“That’s great.  And I think you do a wonderful job.  I just think that I shouldn’t put so many demands on your time.  You are obviously bending over backwards to meet them.  And I dare say, meet those being put on you from other people too.” 

“Other people?”

“Oh, you know who I am talking about.  There are new pictures of you two up on the Restless Style website.  You were embracing it seems.  Then another where you were holding hands. It was at night,” he said questioningly.

“Billy.  I am not surprised he would continue doing this.”

“I am not of fan of his,” he continued. “I don’t trust him. But I want you to be happy.  You deserve some happiness in life.  Precious told me that he gave you two the green light.  And it is obviously what you want.  So I won’t keep you tied to me.  I have a car and a driver.   And I do know my way around the important parts of the city.  So I won’t need you to accompany me anymore.”

“Oh Chris.  I don’t mind.  I like your company.”

“Hhmm, I am sure you do.  But it seems you like the company of someone else more.”

“That’s not true.”

“Really,” he asked with a smile.  Because although she protested, he had never seen that particular look on her face in those pictures. 

“It’s different that’s all.  You and I are friends,” she said reaching out to grab hold of his hand.

And there it was.  The dreaded “friend” word that no man wanted to hear from an attractive woman.  He didn’t know why he felt hurt.  He knew that he could never date her anyway.  Neil had been right. It was never a good idea.  This way, at least they could remain friends. 

“I know.  Which is why I am releasing you from some of your Chris duties. So, we no longer need to have breakfast together every morning either.   Justin will be sharing Sherri until he hires his own assistant.”

“One fainting spell and a girl is being treated as weak,” she said teasingly.

“Weak?  You?  Nah.  Not in the same category at all.”

“Thanks.  I really needed to hear that.”

“So tell me.  Are you in love with him?”

“Yes,” she said. 

“And does he feel the same way?”

“He says he does.”

“But you don’t believe him.”

“Actually I do.  I’m just not sure that I believe that we can move past all the pain of the past.  That’s all.”

“Well, time will tell. But, if he ever mistreats you.  Let me know.  I’ll make sure that punishment is meted out.”

She laughed.

 

 

Roxy was at the hospital supporting Devon.  She had been there all afternoon with the rest of the family.  Harmony was doing fine now and everyone felt relieved.   Everyone else had left besides Devon, Chris, Neil, and Nate.  Olivia had started her shift at the hospital.  And Sophia and Lily had gone to get their kids.  Justin had driven them.  And Nate was currently looking out the window at the skyline.  Something seemed to be bothering him.  For the first time since he had met her sister, he had not asked Roxy once about her.

The abrupt time change seemed to be catching up with her because she felt herself getting tired. She had her first day at Fenmore’s tomorrow and she wanted to be well rested.  She figured she had better leave now before she would be too tired to drive herself home. Especially since she didn’t want Devon to have to leave his mom here to do it.  Harmony needed him here.

“Sweetheart,” she said as she stood up and walked towards Devon who was standing near the entrance of the waiting room talking to Neil.

“Hey Foxy,” he said.  “Thanks for staying and supporting me,” he said wrapping his arms around her waist and hugging her as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She had missed being in his arms when she was gone.

“Anytime,” she said leaning back with a smile looking into his eyes.  And she meant that. She loved Devon.  There wasn’t much she wouldn’t do for him.  And she was sure that he knew it.

“But I know you are tired.  You must be,” he said. Then he lowered his voice and finished with, “And I still have not gotten my “I’m home daddy” goodies.”

Her stomach fluttered.  She looked at Neil to see if he had heard.

Neil smiled slyly at her and she looked down. She could feel herself blushing.

“I think I am going to go check out that view with Nate and give you two love birds some privacy,” he said walking away.

When he turned his back on them, Devon slide his right hand from her waist to rest on her butt.  He used it to pull her closer to him so that her body was pressed to him from chest to thigh.

“I missed you,” he said in a whisper while squeezing her butt.  Her inner walls clenched involuntarily along with it.

“I missed you too,” she said kissing him softly on the lips.

“You are so beautiful. Do you know that?”

“Actually, I do,” she said tilting her head to the side with a pout.

He raised his hand from her waist and ran the pads of his fingers across her lips. “Sexy too. So, if I come by your house when they release my mom, will I get my goodies,” he asked.

The feel of his fingers on her lips reminded her of the feel of his fingers on her other set of lips.  She felt them swelling in anticipation of her man’s homecoming.  She thought that they both needed something to hold them over until they could fully be together.

“Well, you might not make it.  There’s no telling what time your mom will be released. How about you walk me to the car and I will give you a sample,” she said with a wink. She saw the look of surprise on his face as she pulled out of his embrace and walked out the waiting room. 

She heard him say, “I’ll be back. Gonna walk Roxy to the car.”

 

Tucker was frantic as he raced into the emergency room.  He almost stopped a nurse and asked for his Songbird but thought better of it.  They probably wouldn’t tell him anything because he was not family. “At least not yet,” he thought.  The ring he was carrying in his inside coat pocket was a symbol of that changing.  He hoped sooner rather than later.  He figured that the Devon would still be here.  And of course, Neil and his annoying cousin too.  So he decided to check out the waiting room.  He heard voices and what they were saying stopped him in his tracks.

“Harmony pregnant,” he heard a voice say in shock.  “Imagine that,” he finished with a laugh.

“I know right. I think everyone in the room almost fainted when the doctor said that,” Neil said with a smile.

Tucker couldn’t hear anything said after that.  Their voices were completely drowned out by the intense pressure in his head. His entire face felt like it was on fire and his ears hurt.  He couldn’t believe it.  His Songbird was pregnant.  And it wasn’t by him. She had lied to him.  She said that she had been celibate for years. And like a fool he believed her. 

He stumbled away from the waiting room door before he could be seen.  He felt like he would pass out from lack of oxygen because he couldn’t breathe.  He needed to find her. He needed to see for himself whether this was true.  He knew it had to be true.   Neil would not have said it if it were not.

His chest hurt.  He lifted his hand subconsciously to rub it as he held himself upright by leaning against the wall.  He had only gotten a few steps from the waiting room door when someone noticed him.

“Sir, are you alright,” the nurse asked.

“No,” he screamed in his head but said, “Yes, I am just looking for a patient. My would be fiancée.”

“Oh, maybe I can help you.”

“Her name is Yolanda Hamilton.”

The nurse pointed towards a door and walked off.

Tucker slowly walked towards the door and looked through the window.  What he saw made his chest hurt even more.  Harmony was lying in bed.  She looked even more beautiful than when she left him this morning.  But she was smiling at Winters who sat by her bed.  She was holding his hand as it lay beside her.   The look on his face said it all.  This bastard really did care for Harmony.  And his gut said that he was the one whose baby she was carrying.  Tucker felt like it should have been his baby. Then it hit him.  She had made love to him all night while she carried another man’s baby in her body.  Tucker felt dirty. He felt violated.  But most of all, he felt hurt.

He pushed the door open and walked in.  She looked up directly into his face.  Her smiled broadened as her eyes got brighter.  He once again felt ten feet tall.  How dare she make him feel like this when it wasn’t true?  When it was just an illusion.

“Don’t you dare look at me like that,” he said in a low tone.

“What,” she asked confused as she raised her eyebrows.

“Like you love me.  Because it is clear you don’t. You are such a liar. I don’t know why I ever trusted you.  I should have known better,” he said as his voice rose higher on each syllable.

“McCall,” Chris said on a growl as he began to rise from his chair. “You have clearly lost your mind if you-“

Harmony reached out her hand to stay him. He looked at her and sat back down. “She even has him on a leash,” Tucker thought.  

“No Chris. Tucker obviously has something he wants to say. Let’s hear him out. Go ahead,” she said never breaking eye contact with Tucker.

Couldn’t she see that he didn’t want to finish.  That he didn’t want to have this conversation.

“So what were you doing, huh?  Reeling me in so that you could walk away from me.  Hurt me. Break my heart. Or were you planning on passing the kid off as mine.  Is Devon even mine?  I should have known to never trust a groupie.  You are all the same.”

He knew he was hurting her.  He could see the tears forming in her eyes. And his heart broke even more because he hated seeing her cry.  Even now, knowing that she had betrayed his trust, he still wanted to protect her.  To be with her.  He still loved her.  The knowledge ate at his pride.

“You know what.  I should have stayed with Ashley,” he said as he noticed her lips tremble and tears fall from the corner of her eyes. “At least she –“ 

“Shut the hell up and get the hell out,” Chris interrupted rising from his chair.

“My pleasure,” Tucker said as he walked out of the room without looking back at Harmony.  He didn’t stop until he reached his car.  The driver opened the door and he got in.  When he was seated, he pulled the ring box out of his coat pocket and opened it up.  “A love that is weathered and worn,” he scoffed as he closed the box.  Tucker would not allow himself being made a fool of by Christopher Winters go unchecked.  He had destroyed Tucker’s life.  Taken his future.  Therefore, Tucker decided, he would destroy his in return.

 

 

Devon heart had skipped a beat when Roxy had suggested that he walk her to the car.  He hadn’t had sex in in two weeks.  It felt like an eternity. When they arrived at the car she opened the back door and got in.  He followed her inside.  When he closed the door she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him sensually on the lips. They were in the far corner of the parking deck. Although it was still light outside, it was darker there.  They wouldn’t be seen.

He took her arms from around his neck as he leaned into one corner facing her. 

“Open your shirt for me please,” he asked.

She smiled and unbuttoned it so that it hang open but was still inside her skirt.

“Lay back,” he said breathing hard as she lay down on her back on the seat.  He reached down and put both feet in his lap.  He took off one shoe then the other. He pushed her skirt up her hips then grabbed the waist band of her red lace panties and pulled them off.  He held them up to look at them. 

“You know I love these,” he said as he dropped them to the floor.

“I know,” she said with a smile. 

He bent her legs at the knee and spread them wide. When he did so, he could smell her special smell.  It was just for him.  He knew that no one but himself had ever smelled it.  He had been Roxy’s one and only. 

“You smell ready.  Let me see if you feel ready.” With one finger he rubbed her folds.  She was dripping wet. “Damn, my goodies are wet.”

He inserted a finger inside of her and her muscles clamped down on it.  He withdrew it slowly.

“Mmmm,” she moaned.

He lifted the finger to his mouth and sucked her juices off.

“You taste ready too. What I wouldn’t give to be inside you right now.  Do you have any condoms?”

“No,” she gasped. “I’m sorry sweetheart.”

“That’s okay.”  There were other things they could do. And they had done many back in the day before they had actually made love.

He took off his suit coat and threw it on the front seat. His tie followed. He rolled up shirt sleeve and looked at Roxy.  He had been so afraid when his mother had fainted at church.  He thought about all the years they missed in the past.  And all the years that they would possibly miss in the future.  And then it dawned on him.  Life was too short to try to live it according to some plan or schedule.  He had to take the life he wanted now.  And there was never any doubt.  He wanted a life with Roxy.  He couldn’t imagine his life without her.  He prayed that he never had too.

“I love you Foxy,” he said.

“I love you too,” she said with a broad smile.  And that smile nearly took his breath away.  He wanted to keep her smiling like this.  He hated the look on her face last night when they discussed getting married.  She deserved to be happy.  And from this point on he would make sure that she was. Her happiness would be his number one priority.

 

Roxy lay back on the seat watching Devon remove his coat and tie trying to figure out why he had such a thoughtful look at a time like this.  And even with that he was handsome.  Over the last year or so, his body had changed.  He had put on muscle.  It was no longer that of a kid.  And neither was his sexual appetite.  He had become so demanding. She had enjoyed being with him before.  But now, it was way more exciting.  And her body let her know it whenever he touched her.  She couldn’t get enough.

“You look absolutely ravishing laying here spread open for me,” he said.

“Now, let’s see if I can get my goodies to come for me.”  She knew that would be easy.  She was already on the precipice just listening to his voice say such naughty things to her.

He reached up and spread her shirt wide to reveal her breast in her bra.  He pulled the right cup down and rubbed the nipple with his thumb.

“Oh baby,” she gasped.

He used his other hand to part her folds to slide his middle finger in her.  She clamped down around it again.

He began rubbing her clitoris lightly with his thumb.

“Oohhh,” she moaned as she felt her muscles contract.

He leaned forward and licked her nipple as he rubbed her clitoris faster.

“Oh Devon, that feels so good,” she said. He seemed to be in tune with her body and knew exactly what she needed to get her there.

He took her nipple in his mouth at the same time he pressed more firmly on her clitoris.  Her back arched as she came hard.  Wave after wave shook her body as Devon continued to lightly rub her clitoris drawing out her pleasure.

“Oh, I see my goodies were definitely ready.”

It took her a few minutes to calm down.

“I love you baby,” she said when she was able to speak. “So tell me what I can do for you.”

“Let me just hold you for a few minutes before you go.  That’s enough for me,” he said as she sat up.  He wrapped his arms around her as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“Are you sure baby?” She found that interesting.  Devon had never turned down sex before.

“Yes. I missed you when you were gone. You know that. And I am so glad that you won’t be traveling like that anymore.  I don’t want us to be apart for extended periods of time again. I love you far more than you will ever know,” he said kissing the top of her head.

Roxy knew Devon loved her.  Maybe she was being a little unreasonable with the marriage issue.  But how long should she wait. She knew that if she waited too much longer her resentment would grow.  Then neither one of them would be happy. And it wasn’t fair to Devon to force him to do something he wasn’t ready for. She sighed and closed her eyes enjoying the feel of being held by her man.

 

Harmony could hear herself crying as she watched Chris stare at the door after Tucker left.  After a few seconds he turned around and walked back towards the bed.  She knew she looked broken as she lay there with tears streaking down her face as her chest rose and fell rapidly from trying to contain her emotions.  But as much as she tried, she couldn’t get control of herself. He sat on the bed next to her and pulled her into his arms.  She buried her face into his chest.

“Let go Dimples.  Don’t hold back,” he said. 

And then she began to sob. Tucker had used similar words with her last night as they made love.  She knew giving in to him so soon was a mistake.  They hadn’t really resolved anything from the past.  And from the way he had come in spewing venom, he still held a grudge.  Maybe he didn’t even really love her. Maybe she wasn’t worth loving. No, she would not go down that train of thought. It would only land her back into the throes of her addiction.  And she wouldn’t sink back there for any one.  Not even Tucker McCall.  Especially not Tucker McCall.

She pulled herself together and pushed off of Chris’ chest.

“I’m fine,” she said.

“No you are not.  It’s okay to be hurt.  It’s okay to cry. As long as we leave it at that and don’t try to numb ourselves with alcohol or drugs.  We’re fine,” he said smiling at her while rubbing his hand up and down her back.  She noted that it was very comforting but there was nothing at all sexual about it.

“So when you say we, I assume you mean me,” she said laughing.

“Okay. You then. What happened here?  It seems that Tucker thinks that you are pregnant. And not by him.”

“He assumes wrong. I am not pregnant.”

“Well, why does he think that?  Do you know?”

“I have no idea.  None. But you know what.  It doesn’t matter.  I guess he doesn’t really love me huh.”  And it was a horrible feeling.  She felt like her life had just been snatched away. Again.  But this time it was worse.  This time he had claimed to actually be in love with her before he walked away. 

“Why do you say that,” he asked confused.

“Look at the horrible things he said to me.  That’s not how you treat someone you love.” She hadn’t had much love in her life but she knew that was true. 

“Let me tell you something about men.  Only one who was deeply in love would expend that kind of energy. Which is the only reason that I didn’t follow him outside and commit murder.  See, who says that I am not sympathetic,” he said.

She laughed at that.  She knew he was trying to make her feel better.  And it was working.

“Why didn’t you tell him the truth?  Why listen to that garbage from him?”

“I guess I wanted to hear what he would say. See what he really thinks of me.”

“That’s not what he thinks of you.  He was clearly in pain.  And in true human form, he had to spread that pain around.  Here’s what I think.  You still feel guilty about him and Devon.  And you were punishing yourself.  It’s time to let that go, Dimples.  It’s over and done with.  You have suffered enough.“

She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.  He smiled as he continued to hold her and rub her back soothingly.  Chris was such a sweet guy.  In business he was ruthless, but with those he cared about he was really kind.  He may say things out of turn and call people on their crap, but he was also a guy you wanted in your corner. 

“I think you have him in a very tight grip. It couldn’t have happened to a worse bastard I suppose. I mean, you really couldn’t have chosen worse if you tried.  But it’s your choice and I respect it. The question is what do you want to do about it.”

“Do?  Nothing. Okay. So he loves me.  But look how easily he has walked away.  It’s what he did when I was pregnant.  I can’t deal with that again. He didn’t even ask me first.”

“Tucker has not walked away from you.  Even if he wanted to, I don’t think he is capable. Pregnant by someone else or not.  Trust me, he ain’t going anywhere.” 

Harmony had heard all Chris had said.  Deep down, she knew he was right. She did feel like Tucker loved her.  She just wasn’t willing to gamble her new life on him.  Because no matter what Tucker had said last night, his actions just now proved that he was still a gamble. However, she didn’t want this situation between them to affect his relationship with Devon.

“Chris, promise me you won’t tell Devon about what happened with Tucker.  I don’t want to come between them anymore.”

“Okay. He won’t find out from me.”

“Thank you. And please don’t tell Neil.”

“I will only tell Neil if I have too.”












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.