Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Episode 3

 

 Time: Same day as previous episode, Evening

 

 

Location: Ricky Williams’ Apartment

Ashley, along with Paul, had searched Ricky’s apartment for any medication or doctor’s papers that would give them some inclination as to what was happening with Ricky. They had called the hospital to inquire about his progress while they frantically looked.  Of course Abby was not at all in control and Devon had to relay the messages. No surprises there.  Ashley loved her daughter but she was very spoiled and really could not be counted on.  She had thought that she was becoming more responsible after she had taken some of Ashley’s business meetings for Jabot during her honeymoon.  Obviously not.  Devon, on the other hand, was very dependable.  He had been raised by Neil who was one of Ashley’s good friends so it was expected.  She had dated Neil briefly before her marriage to Tucker but he ended things under the guise of wanting to concentrate on his children.  She wasn’t so sure she bought that but she went along with it because it had saved her from having to confess that she had cheated on him by sleeping with Tucker. 

 So far Ricky was stable and had not had any more seizures.  However, the blood work had showed that he was low on platelets and they were attempting to replace those.  He had been tested for meningitis.  The results had not come in yet.   She felt it time to give up looking here and head back to the hospital.

“Paul, I don’t think we will find anything.  Let’s just head back”

“I think you’re right”, he said on a sigh. “We have looked for hours and found nothing.  Maybe we should”

She could see the wary, haunted look in his eyes and wanted to take it away.  Paul was a really good man.  When they were together he was always attentive to her.  Even Neil was not as in tuned with her as he was because he was always running off to take care of his adult kids.  She tried not to resent it but sometimes it did bother her.  And Tucker, he is always so focused on business that he barely knows whether she was there or not. 

“Hey, hey” she said looking into his eyes as she cupped his cheek with one hand and pushed his hair out of his eye with the other. “Don’t blame yourself.”

“Tell me how not to” he said with a trembling smile.

“You are a good man and a good father.  I know better than anyone that you can’t control your children.  And you won’t ever know everything about them.”  She said with a quirked brow.

“Abby is a handful isn’t she” he said as he covered her hand on his cheek with her own.  He then placed his free arm around her waist and pulled her to his body.  “Thank you for being here for me.  I don’t know what I would do without your sanity around.  You are always rational.”

Ashley felt her heart flutter.  Not many people considered her rational or sane.  She sometimes had episodes where she was confused about certain things.  The idea that someone like Paul would consider her an asset to have around based on her having all her faculties was the ultimate compliment to her. ‘Thank you” she said as she continued to look into his sad eyes.

She felt herself getting aroused.  He was looking at her with such longing and desire.  It was the way he always looked at her if she thought about it. She raised on her toes and kissed him softly on the lips.  She told herself it was just for comfort but she knew it was more.

He pulled back and searched her face. “Ashley?” he questioned. “Is this a good idea?”

At this point she didn’t care whether it was a good idea or not. She closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss him but before she reached him she felt his lip meet hers.  He framed her face with his hands to keep her steady.  His kiss was hard and demanding.  She opened her mother and he plunged his tongue inside.  She always loved the feel of it.  It was rough and smooth all at the same time. He then took his hands from her face to place one on each butt cheek just at the curve to her thigh.  She tilted forward and it was all the encouragement he needed.  He lifted her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

He carried her to the bed.  Once there he lay her down and fell on top of her never breaking contact with her lips.  Never taking his tongue from her mouth. With Paul she had never had to guess about what she meant to him.  She could see it in his eyes and feel it in every kiss. He reached down to pull her dress up above her hips exposing her panties. 

He stopped kissing her to stare into her eyes.  He laid his fore head against hers, reached down between her legs and slid her panties to the side.  He slid one finger all the way into. She almost blushed from the knowledge that she was dripping wet.  She wondered what he thought until she saw him smile.   “Are you sure” he said.

“Does it feel like I am unsure Paul”. 

He then took his hand from her panties and freed himself from his pants and underwear.  He placed himself at her opening and pushed the tip inside.  She noticed his eyes harden right before they closed. “Ashley, I am going to ask you again” he said as he pulled out and pushed the tip back in.  “You know what this means to me.” He once again pulled out of her and slightly flexed his hips to push the tip back in. “And you know what I will expect when we finish and walk out this door.” He pulled out again.  Opened his eyes to stare into hers. “Are you sure?”

She knew clearly what Paul was practically demanding of her if she allowed them to continue.  She wanted him so bad at that moment she would have agreed to anything. “Yes Paul.  A thousand times.  Yes” she said breathlessly. She wrapped her legs around his waist and lifted her lower body off the bed to meet his first full thrust.

 

 

 

 Location:  Home of Bill Spencer Jr in LA

 

Katie Logan Spencer had arrived home early from work set up a surprise for her husband.  She was busy unpacking food that she had purchased to a romantic dinner when her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and smiled as she said “hi baby”.

“Hey beautiful” her husband Bill said. “Where are  you?”

“I am at home preparing a surprise for you.”

“Hm. That sounds promising” she could hear the smile in his voice.

“I hope so.”

“Well.  We have a party to plan. “
“What sort of party?”

“A going away party for Justin.  He’s moving to the end of nowhere to help with a family business.  We’ve got to do it big for my boy. Dollar Bill style.”  Katie’s heart dropped when she heard the news.

“Oh okay.”

“Alright. Let’s do it this weekend because he will be leaving very soon.”

“When did he make this decision?” She wondered if her sister Donna knew.  They had recently gotten a divorce to the surprise of everyone.  Neither Donna nor Justin had revealed the reason for their split.

“It happened today.”

“Okay. Well let me start the planning.”

“Sure thing.  I’ll be home early tonight since I know there is a private party waiting for me.”

“You’d better”

Katie hung up the phone and immediately called Donna.

“Hey Katie” she heard her sister say.

“Donna, have you spoken to Justin lately.”

“No I have not.” She heard the panic her sister was trying to mask. “Is he okay? Is Marcus okay”

“Oh no sweety, nothing like that. It’s just that Bill just told me that we were going to throw a going away party for Justin.  He’s moving.  Soon.  Like within the next couple of days.”

“What”.  Katie could hear the disappointment in Donna’s voice.  Donna and Justin had gotten married the early part of last year.  It appeared to be the completion of a beautiful love story.  They had dated in high school.  Justin had gotten a scholarship and left for college.  After he left, Donna refused his calls and never answered his letters. They had lost touch.  Well unbeknownst to everyone except their aunt, mother, and father, Donna had gotten pregnant and given birth to a son, Marcus, whom she gave up for adoption. A few years ago Marcus has sought Donna out.  And a year later, Justin had moved to LA and found his ex-girlfriend reunited with her son.  He was surprised to find them and disappointed that Donna hadn’t told him she was pregnant.  But he didn’t seem angry.  He still seemed so in love with Donna and was happy about Marcus.

“Yes. Moving.  I am telling you because I know what it feels like to be the last to know.  Now you know.  But Donna, I know you still love Justin.”

“Katie”, she said hesitantly.

“Well you do.  If you still want him? Do something.  Time is running out.”

“He may not want me”

“Ha.” She scoffed, “Donna, you don’t really believe that.”

“I don’t know what to believe anymore.”

“Tell me what happened between you too.”

“I can’t talk about this.  I have to go” Donna said on a choked sob.

“okay sweety.  Call me if you want to talk”.  She heard Donna hang up the phone.

Katie wished she knew what was keeping Donna and Justin apart.  But if Donna wasn’t willing to fight for her family then there was nothing she could do except plan a going away part.

 

 Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Harmony sat in her room thinking about her attire for tonight.  Although the day had started shaky with that confrontation with Tucker, it seemed to end well. 

 She had spoken with Chris Winters and gotten all the information she needed to book his flight, a chauffeured driven car, and a room at the GCAC.  They agreed that she should meet him at the airport so that she could escort him around until he was familiar with the city.  He said he needed her to be at his side whenever she could.  Because of that she knew she would need different clothes to look more professional.  She had gone to a consignment shop and bought quite a few things.  

Now she was about to meet Neil and the rest of his family to celebrate the purchase of Bell Communications. She was flattered that Neil had invited her. When things like this happened to her it made her daily struggle to stay clean and sober worth it.  This is what she was working for.

Her son had finally come around.  They weren’t completely reconciled but she had hope that it would happen.  Now, things would be perfect if only she could stay out of Tucker’s orbit. She often thought about Anna but she didn’t want to disrupt her life.  Tyra and been a good mother to her and Harmony did not want to come between them.  She decided to let Anna come to her of her own volition.

Looking in her closet, she decided on a gold dress she had bought earlier that day.  The sleeves were three quarter length with a low cut rounded bodice.  The bottom was pencil shaped and the hem stopped in the middle of her calf. She slipped on her black pumps and decided to carry her black clutch purse.  She applied light make up and fluffed her curls.  She felt good about her appearance.

 Now if only she could avoid Tucker.  Their little confrontation this morning served as her warning. She was weakening towards him. He hadn’t really changed much over the years. He was still gorgeous and funny. And she still felt such a strong pull towards him.  It really hurt her pride that she was the only one that felt it.  Well this time around she would not give in to it.  She would resist.  All she had to do was focus on doing the right thing every day.  She had her son and this new job opportunity to look forward too.  And if she continued to stay on the right track, maybe Anna would want to be a part of her life.

 Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Paul walked into the hospital hoping things had changed for Ricky. With Ashley at his side, he knew he could do anything.  He knew anything was possible with her. He noticed Abby and Devon still sitting in the waiting room. 

“Abby.  Devon.  Have you heard anything?”

“No. We haven’t.”

“Okay. Thanks for waiting.  We didn’t find anything. But you guys have been here all day.  Why don’t you go home and get some rest.”

“Are you sure?  I don’t mind staying” Devon said.  Paul had always thought Devon was a good kid. When he had first come to live with Dru and Neil, most people had written him off as a lost cause.  But Paul had known he was just distrustful and hurt.  Anyone who had gone through what Devon had would feel the same way.  If Neil and Dru hadn’t taken Devon in, he had been prepared to do so himself. 

“No go ahead.”

“Okay. I will call to check on you guys and see if you need anything. I’ll also take Abby home”.

“Okay.  Drive safe.” Ashley said as she hugged Abby. “She whispered in ear “I’m proud of you.”

 

 

 

 Location:  Neil Winters’ Apartment

Neil had spoken to every member of his family in town and everyone had agreed to come. He couldn’t wait to make his announcement.  He packed up Moses and headed out the door.  This was going to be a night to remember.

 

Location:  Spencer Publications in LA

Donna peeked into Justin’s office trying not to be noticed.  He was busy working as usual.  When they were married he oftentimes worked very late but she didn’t mind because she knew that he would be coming home to her.  He was so beautiful.  He was everything that she had ever wanted in a man.  Smart, sexy, gentlemanly, and attentive. He was perfect.  And he had wanted her.  In high, she couldn’t believe her luck when he singled her out for his attention.  She knew that he was shy so she took it upon herself to ask him out.  She knew he would say yes just as she knew he had wanted her.  He claimed to have forgiven her for lying about Marcus.  But she wasn’t buying that.  When they were married, he had made unreasonable demands.  It’s not like she didn’t want another baby. His baby.  She did.  But she was afraid that he would realize that he was still angry and walk away.  She would not subject a child to having parents that hated each other.  Well, she could never hate him no matter what he did.  She noticed him look up at her abruptly.  He obviously had felt her stare because she hadn’t made a sound.

“Donna”, he said surprised as he slowly stood up behind his desk.

“Hi Justin.”

She watched as he came around his desk headed in her direction.  “How have you been?” he asked as he continued walking towards her never dropping his eyes.

“Good. And you?” she said as he stopped in front of her and reached out his hand to pull her to his body.  Obviously he remembered the new boundaries of their relationship because he stopped before he touched her and lowered his hands. 

“I am great” he smiled but she noticed that it didn’t reach his eyes. He must be really upset about something if he is allowing that to show.

They stood silently staring into each other’s eyes. She felt like she was going to break down crying.  She had never loved a man the way she loved Justin.  He was her first everything.  “I shouldn’t have come” she said turning to leave.

 Before she could turn fully towards the door she felt a hand grip her bare arm. She looked down at his hand and back into his eyes.  The feel was electric. She wondered if he felt the same pull that she did. “No.  You came for a reason.  Tell me why you came.”

Her mouth was dry.  She didn’t think that she could speak.  She heard a foreign voice and realized it was coming from her. “Is it true?”

“Yes. I decided to leave town.”

 Oh my god she thought. He was leaving her.  Her husband was leaving her. “Why?”

“My cousin-in-law has offered me part ownership of a company. It’s time I seek that out.”

“I don’t disagree but…are you not happy here?” Justin had always been hard to read.  That is what made him so good at his job.  He had the best poker face of anyone she knew.

“Of course I am happy Donna. But this is about a legacy for my son and granddaughter.  I don’t want their only inheritance to come from Eric Forrester.”  She turned her face away as if she had been slapped.  In a way she had been. She knew it though.  He was still angry.  He threw that she allowed Eric to adopt Marcus in her face every chance he could get.  When Marcus had finally found her, she was married to Eric Forrester.  Eric had wanted to adopt Marcus to make them a family.  Right before the papers were signed, Justin had come to town.  He wanted to adoption stopped but she didn’t have the heart to tell Eric or Marcus no.

“I understand” She said aloud.  The divorce was obviously for the best then. At least it was already final.

“Do you?”

“Yes” she said fighting tears.  Or at least she thought she understood.  She turned and walked out as fast as she could. She wouldn’t look back because she didn’t want him to see the tears on her cheeks.  Part of her hoped he would chase her.  But this was Justin.  He had too much pride to do that. When the elevator closed and started to descend she realized that she was right.

 

 Location:  McCall Unlimited Offices

Sophia had finally finished that financial analysis that she had promised Tucker.  She knew that he didn’t expect it today but she enjoyed the work she did.  She didn’t have to rush home to be with Moses because he was with Neil, who was currently unemployed.  He had been talking about owning his own company for a while now.  She wondered if it was dreaming out loud or if he would really go for it.  She hoped so. He was too smart to toil away for someone else and never seeing any real return.  She knew he was jaded after working for Newman Enterprises so long and always being pushed aside for anyone named Newman when opportunities for growth had occurred.  But then he had gotten a chance at the top working for Chancellor Industries.  Things were going well and he didn’t have to worry about some family member wanting the spot either.  The only Chancellor that would possibly get the job was Phillip Chancellor IV.  But he had shunned the family business for what he considered his calling as a soldier in the US Army and then as a detective for the Genoa City Police Department. And then it came out that Tucker was Devon’s biological father and Katherine had known but didn’t tell anyone.  Since Neil was Neil and put his children above all else,  he resigned as a show of solidarity with Devon.  It was noble but it didn’t fulfill him.  She knew he was miserable sitting at home.  He felt a man’s job was to provide.  Although he would never hurt for money and didn’t really have to work anymore, he didn’t feel right not working.

“Tucker” she said as she walked into his office. “I have those numbers we discussed earlier.”

“Soph, I didn’t expect that today”.

“I know.  But I wanted to get it to you so you could see what we stand to lose”

“Are you still chastising me?”

“Yes.  What is going on with you lately?  Is it Devon?  If it is, I thought we discussed that –“

He held up his hand to silence her. “No, it’s not Devon.”

“Then what is it?”  She knew something was going on with him.  She wondered why he just wouldn’t tell her.

“It’s more like Devon’s mother” he said.

“Harmony.  What did she do? Did she ask you for some money? Did she steal from you?” Sophia remembered the story Neil had told her about the last time Harmony had come to town.  She was wondering whether she needed to have a talk with this Harmony woman.

Tucker laughed. “No, I tried to offer her money and she didn’t take it remember.  I also offered her a job and she didn’t take that either.  I am just intrigued by her and what makes her tick.”

“She is probably playing games with you. Trying to draw you in. I don’t trust her at all.” Sophia hoped that Tucker was not stupid enough to risk losing a woman like Ashley for a tryst or two with Harmony. He liked to indulge himself.  There wasn’t much of anything or anyone that he wanted that he didn’t get. 

“I don’t think so.”

“Listen to me. Forget about her and focus on your son.”

“mmm” he said noncommittally. “How about some dinner then”

“Oh I am meeting Neil at the private dining room at the Colonnade.”

“I’m impressed.  I see Neil is on his job.  Keeping you happy.” Sophia knew that Tucker was jealous of Neil and his position in Devon’s life.

She only smiled at the question because she didn’t know how to answer that.  Neil was very attentive to her needs. He was very respectful of her and her position as his wife.   But she was more content than happy.  She knew what it was like to be happy and in love and this was falling somewhat short.  She wondered where Malcolm was now. Probably in some exotic place never giving her a single thought.

“Alright.  I’ll drive you.  I am meeting James and his grandson there for dinner.  I had hoped that Ashley could join us but I haven’t been able to contact her”.

“Okay thanks.  I need to stop by my office on the way”

“Come on.  Let’s roll”. 

 

 Location:  Parking lot of the Colonnade Room

As she struggled to get the twin stroller out of the trunk of her car with a crying Maddy on her hip, Lily regretted not allowing her dad to pick her. “Why was this thing so bulky” she thought when she saw a hand reaching for it and a voice say “Let me help you”. Maddy immediately stopped crying, intrigued by the deep voice.

“thank you. Thank you” she said relieved.

As the nice man took out the stroller and opened it for her Lily noticed how handsome he was.  He had caramel colored skin, high cheek bones, and full lips.  He was tall.  “It was just something about tall men” she thought to herself.

“Here you go” he said as he sat the stroller upright. “Ready for transport”.

“Thanks again.  You do that very well.  Do you have any kids?”

“No.  But I have a little brother.  He is 4 now.”

“What’s with these old parents having babies.  I have a younger brother too.  He is about 2 months old now.  But the twins are mine”

“Twins? I only see one. ” He looked down and smiled at Maddy who smiled back.

“Charlie is such a guy.  He went to sleep on the way here and has not woken up yet.  He’s inside the car.”

“Charlie huh?  And what is the princess’s name?”

“Maddy.”

“Hi Maddy”.  Lily looked at him as he spoke to Maddy.  He was really good with kids. “I know the kids’ name but I don’t know their mom’s name?” Lily wondered whether he was flirting with her.

“Oh I am sorry.”  Lily placed Maddy in the stroller and extended her hand. “My name is Lily”. 

“Hi Lily. I’m Trevor”

“Thanks again Trevor. Well I better get inside before my dad comes out looking for me.”

“okay. Well I am headed that way.  Let me help you with your bags.”
“Bags” she asked confused. 

“You have twins.  I know that you must have at least one diaper bag”

Trevor was really very sociable. He seemed like the kind of guy who never met a stranger.  She knew that she should be more cautious.  Especially with Cane’s family still out there.   But he had such an honest face.  Who was she fooling.  He had a handsome face. She laughed inwardly. “Thanks.  It’s in the trunk.  I’ll just get Charlie out of the car.”

 

 

 Location:  Inside the private dining room at the Colonnade Room

Olivia sat at the table in the private dining room at the Colonnade Room with her son Nate and her brother in law Neil.  Well Neil was currently her ex brother in law since her sister Dru had died and he had remarried.  She had also been married to Neil’s brother Malcolm who had adopted her son Nate. They had arrived about the same time as he had.  He was currently waiting on everyone else to make his announcement and wouldn’t tell them anything until everyone arrived. 

She and Nate had worked the same shift at the hospital.  She was the current Chief of Staff and he was an attending physician.  She was so proud of Nate.  His biological father, Nathan Hasting, had been hit by a car when Nate was about 3 years old.  So, Malcolm was the only father he had ever really known.  Although he never said anything to anyone in the family because Malcolm was a touchy subject, she knew that Nate spoke to him every day. 

“I wonder what is taking Lily so long” Neil said.  “she called from the parking lot. That was 15 minutes ago”. He had always been a hovering father.  Lily having children of her own had not changed that.

“Lily has two babies to get out of the car.  That takes time” she informed Neil.

“Well if she is not in here in a few more minutes I am going to go outside to check on her” Nate said. 

Olivia smiled at them.  The Winters men, whether by nature or nurture, were very protective of the women in their lives. 

At that moment, Lily walked in pushing a stroller with a very tall and very attractive man walking behind her carrying the twins diaper bag.

Neil and Nate both stood then noticed the man.  Neil scowled as Nate smiled.  “Hey Trev”, Nate said reaching out his hand.  Trevor shook it and said “Nate, what’s up?” Lily looked from Nate to Trevor and said with slight confusion, “You two know each other?”

Nate glared at Trevor, pointed from one to other and said, “you two know each other?”

“We do now. We just met in the parking lot and he rescued me from an uncooperative stroller.”

“Oh okay.  Trevor and I went to college together.  We’re frat brothers actually.”

Lily looked at Trevor and said teasingly acting as if she was impressed, “Oh, a frat boy”.

Olivia notices this interaction between Lily and Trevor with quiet glee.  They all felt that it was time for Lily to move on. No one felt that the liar Cane was worth any mourning.

“Hey Aunt Liv” Lily said as she approached her. “Hey sweety” she said to Lily before she reached down to pick up Maddy from the stroller.  Lily bent down to pick up Charlie.

“Trev, this is my mom and my uncle Neil” Nate introduced.

“Nice to meet you” Olivia said as he smiled at her.  “Yes, this Trevor is very fine indeed” she thought.

Neil reached out his hand as Trevor took it in a firm and sure hand shake “Likewise” Neil said.

“Nice to meet you too sir”.  Olivia looked at Neil and could tell that he was impressed.

“So Trevor, what do you do here in Genoa City?” Neil asked.

“I am a police detective”.  She could tell by the look in Neil’s face he was disappointed.

“Police work huh?  That’s sort of a dangerous career choice isn’t it?” Neil asked.

“It could be for some, I suppose.  But I have an MBA and most of my work focuses on white collar crimes.  You know.  Things like fraud and money laundering.” Olivia could tell by the light in Neil’s eyes that his interest was piqued.  The young man had just moved up a notch or two on Neil’s suitability ladder.

“Well, I just wanted to deliver your precious cargo safely.  I am meeting my grandfather and his friend here. So I’d better go”.  Olivia noticed that Lily looked a little disappointed but she quickly masked it with a smile.

Everyone waved as he looked to Lily.

“Well thanks again.  From here on out you will be forever known as my knight”.  Lily said with a warm smile.

“My lady” he nodded his head and left.

Olivia walked towards the other side of the table headed to one of the high chairs made available for the twins.  Lily followed her.  When they were far enough away from Neil and Nate she said in a whisper “were you flirting with him?”

 Lily narrowed her eyes “I was not”.

“Well he was quite handsome and tall.  You should have.”  Lily just rolled her eyes as the buckled the twins in.

 

 Location:  Inside the private dining room at the Colonnade Room       

Sophia walked inside the private dining area with Tucker behind her.  He said that he just wanted to pay his respects to her family, but she knew he just wanted to see if he could talk to Devon for a few minutes.  She really felt bad for Tucker with the Devon situation.  Devon appeared to be on decent terms with Harmony but was still shunning Tucker. She had started so many times to plead Tucker’s case with Devon.  She didn’t think he was being fair at all.

“Hey all” Sophia said.

“Hey Momma” Neil said as her rose to meet her and kissed her softly on the lips.

Everyone then turned to stare at Tucker.

“Hello. Since I knew you all were back here I just wanted to come a pay my respects.  Enjoy your dinner” he said as he walked out.

Sophia looked at Neil and said “now what’s the news worthy of such fanfare”

“You’re just gonna have to wait to hear it.  We are missing two more people”

“Two more?” she said confused.  Looking around the only other person that wasn’t here was Devon.

“Yeah.  Devon and Harmony.”

“Harmony?” Lily and Sophia said in unison.

“Yes. Harmony.  This is a night for family and Harmony is family”

Sophia found herself getting angry.  How could Neil consider Harmony family but treat Tucker, someone that helped raise her, like a pariah?  So wanted to point out his double standards but she didn’t want to do it with an audience.  She would bide her time.

“How do you think Devon will take that?” Lily said

“Lily, you know better than anyone else in this world how much Devon loves Harmony.  His whole life he has prayed for her to get clean and live a whole life.  I think that she is sincere and is ready to do that.  I will give Harmony what I wanted others to give me when I as battling alcohol.  I will not hold her past against her and make her answer for it every day.” He looked around the table. “And you shouldn’t either. It is hard enough for her as is without that.  Besides, I think our taking this approach will help push Devon on to totally being free of that demon.”

“Well what about Tucker?” Sophia said. She just couldn’t take it any longer. These people were so ready to forgive Harmony but hadn’t given Tucker a thought.

“Sophia. That is not remotely the same thing” Olivia said.

“Why not?  Harmony is his mother but Tucker is his father.”  She said before she realized the implications.

“I am Devon’s father. I will always be Devon’s father.  The only one that he has ever known or had” Neil said slowly and calmly to Sophia. 

Sophia looked down at her empty plate.  How could she possibly argue with that logic?  She still didn’t think it right but Neil was the only father Devon had ever had but he did know Harmony as his mother all his life even if he did also have Dru. Once again, she decided to table the discussion for another time.

 

 Location:   Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Ashley sat in the waiting room holding Paul’s hand.  She had checked her voicemail earlier and realized that she had missed a call from Tucker. She was so confused. She knew that being with Paul this afternoon had created a bond between the two that she didn’t want broken.  But could she really divorce Tucker.  She wanted Paul and she knew Paul wanted her.  Paul hadn’t made anymore demands since the one’s he made before he made love her.  He hadn’t even brought the subject of them up.  She didn’t know whether it was because he was worried or whether he felt that there was nothing else to say on the subject.

Rickey had stabilized and she had been trying to convince Paul to let her take him home to get some rest and some food but he had refused.  She was about to try again when she heard her phone ring.  She picked it up and looked at the caller ID.  It was Tucker.  She didn’t want to talk to him right now so she slipped it back in her purse unanswered.  She couldn’t leave Paul and she didn’t feel like explaining to Tucker why she wouldn’t.  She wasn’t even sure he would request an explanation.  He stopped asking for those a few months after they started dating.  She was beginning to think he just wasn’t the jealous type.

“Paul” she said. “let’s go home. He’s stable. You need something to eat and some rest or you won’t do him any good tomorrow”

“You’re right. But I want to wait until at least 12 to see if his condition changes. You can go. You don’t have to stay.”

She couldn’t tell whether he was serious or testing her either way her answer was the same.  “You silly boy. I’m not leaving you hear alone” she said before she leaned in to kiss him softly on the lips.

 

 Location:   General dining area at the Colonnade Room

Tucker sat with his friend James and James’ grandson Trevor. He made sure he was facing the door because he expected Devon to come in at any time.  But it wasn’t Devon that came in, it was her.  “Damn” he thought.  Just when he had managed to not think about Harmony for 20 minutes at a time, she shows up and resets his clock.  She looked radiant.  She wore a gold dress that fit her perfectly.  She hadn’t noticed him yet because she had dropped her keys and was looking at the maître d as he picked them up and handed them to her.  Tucker noticed that their fingers touched.  He was a little envious. Why did it seem that everyone but him got to touch that smooth skin? He didn’t care whether it was casual.  All that mattered is that people were touching her all the time and he had not done so once.  Well obviously he had since they shared a child but he didn’t remember that.  When she smiled her thank you at the man, his heart skipped a beat.

“Well, we have a fine one there” said James gesturing towards Harmony with his head.

“No. I have a fine one there.  That is my son’s mother.” Tucker said rising to meet her.

He stared at her as he approached.  She finally saw him and he noticed that her eyes rounded when she did so. She stopped and waited for him to make the finals steps to stand in front of her.

“Tucker”

“So I am Tucker now.  This morning I was Mick.”

 She smiled.  “Triumph” he thought.

“Well your name changes depending on the time of day and my mood.”

“I see. So are you here alone?  Would you like to join us?
“Us?” she asked.  Hope sprang up when she didn’t automatically say no like she did when he had offered to share breakfast with her this morning.

“Yes” he gestured towards the table. “I am with a friend and his grandson?”

“I’m sorry.  I can’t. I am meeting Neil in the private dining room”.  He tried his best not to let it show on his face,   but Tucker’s blood boiled.  So Harmony was invited to a family dinner but he was not.  That didn’t bother him so much.  But what had him seething with veiled anger was that she accepted the invitation because she considered Neil as family.  But she wouldn’t even have breakfast with him. 

“I see”.  He wondered if he looked as angry as he felt.  He could tell by the look in her eyes that she knew something was amiss.

“But if not for that I would have loved to join you” she said in her best placating voice followed by a smile.   So she was aware of his feelings.  He found that interesting.  Not many people could read him.  Ashley surely had never learned to do so or had never tried.

Her making the effort to assuage his hurt feelings softened him.

“Oh really” he said. Noticing the skin exposed by the neckline of her dress.  Her collar bones looked so delicate.   “Well how about lunch tomorrow?”

“Oh I’m sorry.  I can’t” she responded.

“Can’t or won’t” he asked softly.

“Can’t.  I have a previous engagement”. 

He wondered if this previous engagement was a date.  Date or not the end result was the same.  This person was just someone else to possibly touch her.  Someone else other than him to know what her skin felt like beneath their fingers.  He deserved to know what her skin felt like. 

“A previous engagement?” he asked in a raspy voice as he reached his hand out to touch her.  With his hand flat, he used the pads of his middle and index finger to touch her shoulder covered with the golden material of her dress.  He lightly and slowly slid it along her collarbone.  He watched his fingers as they moved from the material of the dress until they touched her uncovered skin.  It was even softer than he imagined.

He was losing his grip. He knew that the restaurant was full of people.  But he ceased hearing them when he decided to reward himself with the feel of her skin.  He wondered if she felt as out of control has he did? He looked into her eyes for a reaction. She closed them.  He didn’t know whether she did it to hide her reaction or whether it was involuntary.  He looked back at his fingers as they continued along the bone to the end and settled between them at the base of her neck. He pressed lightly into her neck and could feel her pulse race under his fingers. He was shocked to find that it beat to the same rhythm as his own.  Looking at the contrast in their skin tones was erotic.  His arousal was getting to the point past caring about consequences. He knew that Harmony was aroused too.  Powerfully so because he thought he could smell it.

“A previous engagement?” he asked again.  He noticed her lips trembling. “Is it a date?” he asked in a harsher tone.

 The thought of Harmony on a date with another man had Tucker’s mind racing to come up with some way to stop it.  He didn’t want her going out with anyone.  His knowledge of women made him wise enough not to voice it though.  

She opened her eyes as he slowly lifted his fingers to touch her lips.

“Tucker” she said. “It’s –“

“Tucker? Mom?” He heard before he could make contact. It took some effort but he looked away from her lips to see his son glaring at him. He lowered his hand to his side.

He saw Harmony smile guiltily as she looked towards Devon, “Hi baby.”

 “Devon” Tucker said.  “How are you?”

 “Fine” Devon said to Tucker.  Then he looked towards his mother. “Mom, I am sure everyone is waiting on us.”

“I am sure you’re right” Harmony said.  He held out his arm and she slipped her hand through.

“By the way Tucker, your wife is at the hospital with her friend whose son is in intensive care.  Shouldn’t you be with her?” Devon said as they walked off.

So it was safe to assume that Devon had felt the sexual tension between himself and Harmony. He was sure that everyone in the restaurant had felt it.  It wasn’t his intention to put on a show. He just had forgotten himself. He wasn’t a total bastard. He did feel some guilt about it.  He didn’t want to embarrass Ashley nor shame Harmony.  But he would do it all over again if it meant that he could feel Harmony’s beautiful skin.  Now that he knew what it felt like to touch her skin, he wanted to taste it.

As he walked backed towards his table, he decided that he should go check on Ashley and her friend at the hospital.  Regardless of how much he wished otherwise at the moment, he was still Ashley’s husband.  At least he now knew where she had been all day. 

 

 Location:   Inside the private dining room at the Colonnade Room

Nate sat to the right of Neil waiting for this announcement.  He could tell that his uncle was excited by the smile he had been wearing all night.  He couldn’t concentrate himself as he had Ricky Williams in the ER.  Nate had no clue what was going on with Ricky.  And he felt a special responsibility for this patient since his biological father and Ricky’s father had been best friends.  He didn’t know Ricky very well but he knew Paul. Paul had been to as many events of Nate’s life as his uncle Neil.  He came to all birthdays, graduations, and many of his football games.  He wanted to make sure that Paul did not lose his son. He was deep in thought trying to come up with a diagnosis when his he saw his uncle stand up.

“Today is a big day for our family.  I have spent years working for others. No matter how hard I worked, I always knew that I would be pushed aside for someone with the right last name.  A name that wasn’t Winters. But from this day forward, Winters is the right name.  Winters is the name.  Because it is no longer just the name of someone who works for someone else.  It is the name of someone who people work for.  Yes, this morning my dream came true.  The Winters will leave a legacy for our children.”  He turned to Devon and said “For Devon, my first born son, who has music in his blood” he looked towards Harmony and raised his glass in salute. “For Lily, my beautiful daughter” He looked at Lily then at Nate “And Nathan, my nephew who has chosen medicine. For Maddy, Charlie, and Moses.   Today I purchased Bell Communication. I plan to make it even more success that it already is”

Olivia stood, walked to Neil, and hugged him tightly. “I am so proud of you. I know how much this means to you”

As everyone else clapped and congratulated Neil.  Nate noticed that Sophia had not moved.  Nor did she seem happy.  He saw Neil look in her direction waiting for a response.

“Neil” she said, “Tucker already had a deal with the owner to purchase Bell.  It was a big part of our long term strategy for McCall.  I wish you had said something about your plans this morning.  That way I could have told you so that you could look for another company.”

“I don’t care about McCall Unlimited’s strategy. This is about my family.”

“Well Tucker is my family too”

“Sophia, I know you love Tucker.  But I see you in the same position at McCall that I was in at Newman.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” she said with an angry look. Nate knew that look.   Sophia was ready to go off.  This family dinner was getting entertaining. 

“It means that you have been loyal to Tucker all your life.  And when he was in his coma.  What did he do? Hhmm.  What did he do?  He listed Katherine Chancellor, a woman he hated, as his power of attorney.  You and your father were probably the closest to real family that Tucker has ever had. But he overlooked you.  Now I know you love Tucker like family.  But he does not feel the same way about you that you do about him.  He does not give you the same loyalty. I understand how you feel.  I know better than anyone that blood does not make a family.  But Tucker obviously thinks differently.  He does not have the same values as you.  The sooner you realize this, the better off you will be, “Neil finished with steely eyes and a deceptively low tone.

Nate noticed that when he finished, everyone was staring at Sophia.  He almost felt sorry for her but he couldn’t.  This was the same woman who had made a fool of his father.  She had cheated on him and forced him out of town.  He didn’t hold a grudge against her or anything but it made it hard for him to have any sympathy for her.

Sophia stood up and collected her things. “It’s nice to know that you think I am a fool Neil.”

“I don’t think that you are a fool.  I just think that you have misplaced loyalties.”


“If you think I will abandon Tucker, you are sadly mistaken” she said.  “He is the closest thing I have to a father. That will never change”

“I don’t think it should change.  I just think you need to understand your place there.” Nate knew that was a bad choice of words.  His uncle had a tendency to say whatever he meant without considering the consequences.  If he were talking to Nate’s aunt Drucilla, that statement would have earned him a slap.

“My place? I will show you my place” she said as she picked up Moses in his car seat, grabbed his diaper bag, and walked out.

 

 Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Tucker walked into the emergency room.   He didn’t see Ashley so he thought to look in the waiting area.  Oddly, there weren’t many people there so it took him a split second to locate the couple in the corner.  They were asleep. The man was sitting in a chair with a woman curled into his lap.  Her head was resting on his chest with her hands around his neck.  One of the man’s arms was around the woman’s waist securing the blanket that covered them both.  His other hand was buried intimately in her long blonde hair. Tucker knew lovers when he saw them.  And these two were obviously lovers in every sense of the word. He didn’t want to disturb their rest so he turned to leave the hospital.

He was an open minded man. Tucker understood better than anyone that monogamy was a difficult state.   Over the past few weeks, his neck had become chafed raw from it. It was nice to know when the rules of the game changed. And from the look of his wife on Paul’s lap, they obviously had.

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.