Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Episode 4 

Time: Next day, Mid morning

 Location:  Neil Winters’ Apartment

Neil was dressed in his favorite black suit and power tie.  Today was his first official day as CEO and owner of Bell Communications. It took everything in him to remain professional and not show too much excitement.  Everyone knew first impressions were lasting impressions.  He could not afford to appear new to his title of owner.  Part of being CEO is looking like you belong in your position.  He wanted his employees to trust his abilities.  Power, he had discovered, is all about carriage.  And sitting at the right hand of Victor Newman all those years allowed him to learn from the master.

He dialed Harmony to make sure that Chris’ flight was on time.   He was counting on her to ensure that his President was at their first all hands meeting with their employees. 

“Harmony”

“Hi Neil”

“Where are you?  Are things going according to schedule?”

“Yes, I am sitting in the backseat of the car waiting for the driver to locate Chris in the airport. We are right on time.  I expect us to arrive at the office about an hour before the meeting” Harmony said.

“Alright.  Alright.  That’s what I want to hear.  I really appreciate you doing this. “

“It’s no problem.  I just hope everything is okay with Sophia.”

“She didn’t come home last night.  I called her but she never answered.”

“You should just give her some time.  She was blindsided last night. She had no clue that she would have been asked to choose between you and Tucker.”

“I wasn’t asking her to choose between me and Tucker” Neil scoffed.  “And that shouldn’t even be a choice.  I am her husband.”

“And Tucker, in her mind, is her father.  Imagine if Lily had a man who wanted her to choose between you too.”

“mmmm.  I am sure she will be home soon.  She has Moses to think about. Yeah. So see you soon.”

“Bye” she said with a dry tone.

Neil had heard Harmony.  He would try to be more understanding of Sophia and the position she was in.  But as far as he was concerned, Tucker had told Sophia what he thought about her in his living will.

As Neil picked up his coat to leave the front door opened.  Sophia walked in carrying Moses in his car seat.  They stared at each other.  Both waiting for the other to apologize.

“I am glad that you are back.  I missed you last night” Neil said.

He could see Sophia physically exhaled like she had been holding her breath. “I missed you too Neil,” she said.

“Good.” He walked up to her and kissed her on the lips. 

“You like nice.  Where are you headed” she asked as she sat the baby carrier down.

“We have our first all hands meeting this morning to announce the change of guard”

“Oh”, she said as she rolled her eyes watching Neil squat down to take Moses out of his carrier. 

“Are you still upset about this.”

“Yes Neil. I am. I am your wife and I had no idea that you were going to do this.  I feel like if you had told me I might have eliminated the issues we will have at McCall because of it.”

“Sweety.  In business.  You keep certain things close to your vest until they are a done deal. Some things are on a need to know basis.”

“I know that Neil.  But as your wife you didn’t think that I deserved to know.”

“Things happened so fast that I didn’t even think about it.  If it makes it any better, the former owner did not want to sell to McCall. He thought that the company was too big and he didn’t like Tucker’s image.”

“What do you mean, he doesn’t like Tucker’s image?”

“The guy was a family man and Tucker is not.”

“Tucker is married to Ashley now.  And if you are talking about Devon. Whose fault is that?”

‘It’s Tucker’s fault.  He was a womanizer that slept with so many women he didn’t know where to start looking for Devon.  In my opinion he let both Devon and Harmony down.  I won’t let that happen again.  I will make sure that they both are taken care of.”

“And how do you plan on doing that?” she spat out.

“Harmony was my first official hire.  She is the personal assistant to the President. My cousin Chris by the way.  He is due in town right now.”

“I see.”

“Okay. Well I have to get going.  I’ll see you later” he said as he laid Moses in her arms, kissed her on the cheek, and walked out the door.

 

Location: Genoa City Airport

Christopher Winters located his luggage and walked toward the man holding the sign with his name.  He had to admit that he was excited about this new venture.  He and Neil side by side making things happen.

“I’m Chris he said.”

“Chris, my name is Tom and I will be your personal driver.  The car is waiting outside.  Let me help you with your luggage” the driver said as he took charge of pushing the trolley.

He had decided to pack his essential clothes to bring with him.  His other belongings were being packed and shipped by a moving company.  He wasn’t sure about the weather here yet so he might need to go shopping.  He could tell just by standing in the airport that Wisconsin had a totally different climate than Florida.

He watched the driver open the door for him to get in.  As he looked down he noticed a beautiful pair of brown legs.  His eyes traveled from them over the woman’s body to her face as he sat inside the car.  She was very pretty.  He saw her reach out her hand and say, “Hello, I’m Harmony”.

“Chris.” He said as he shook her hand.  “Nice to meet you Harmony.  I hope you are up for the challenge. I can be quite demanding”.  

She gave a soft laugh in response and he saw the deepest dimples he had ever seen. “My goodness.  What was Neil thinking putting me in the way of such temptation” he said aloud. So this was Devon’s biological mother.  Now he knew his cousin was somewhat stuck up, but who would turn down this woman if she offered herself up for a feast.  He knew one thing, she had better never “drop trou” in front of him the way she had done Neil a few years back.  He would have his fill and ask questions later. 

She laughed even louder. “You’ll survive and rise above it, I’m sure” she said as she looked him boldly in the eye.

“Beauty and wit. That is a deadly combination.”  He knew exactly why someone like Tucker McCall would want Harmony.  She wasn’t simpering or weak.  It made him curious as to why she would turn to drugs.  But that was a discussion for another day.  Today was business.

“Very. So watch your step” She said. He liked her already.

“I’ll do that.  But even if I forget, I am sure that Neil and his precious baby boy will do it for me”.  She only nodded in response. “Now tell me Dimples.  What is on the agenda for today.”

She began the rundown the day.

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Dr. Nathan Winters sat in the medical library stumped at what was causing Ricky’s condition.  Right now they were treating his symptoms but didn’t know how to cure him.  When he started his shift this morning he had noticed Ashley McCall curled up in Paul’s lap in the waiting room.  They looked very intimate.  He wondered if they were seeing each other. As far as he knew, Ashley was still married to Tucker and they hadn’t separated.

Ricky’s symptoms had become more pronounced. Although he hadn’t had any more seizures, he had a high fever, jaundice, and bruised skin

He had found a rare disease that he thought might be a diagnosis.  He needed to send more test to the lab. Nate was almost 100% sure that Ricky had developed TTP.  The fatality rate was at 80%.  He needed to start treatment right away.

 

Location:  The office of Restless Style

Phyllis Newman sat on the couch waiting on Billy Abbot to make his appearance.  She had been fired by him when he bought the magazine from her ex husband Nick Newman a month or so ago.  But she wanted her job back. There might be many things she regretted in her life and many things she screwed up, but one thing was for sure.  She was good at being editor of Restless Style.  Damn good.  So she was here.  Ready to plead her case. 

She looked up as she heard a brash voice say, “look alive people.  What we got today.  What we got.  This is a gossip rag.  It needs gossip to survive.”

He noticed her and narrowed his eyes. “What are you doing here Phyllis, I could have sworn I fired you” He said.

“You did but I have some dirt and you need dirt. “

“Not from you” he said as he grabbed her arm and began to hall her to the elevator. “Security” he yelled.

“He knew damn well there was no security here” she thought. If ever she got her hands close enough to his neck, he’d be a dead man.  All this attitude because she dared to want to raise her grandchild herself.  Billy didn’t deserve Lucy after he bought her on the black market like he was at the co-op purchasing a 50 pound heifer.  He could just spare her his indignation.  “But it’s good gossip.  Hear me out” she said out loud.

“okay what is it”

“Now you know I have informants in every restaurant in this city.  Come on.  You just never know.  You know.  You just never know.  But anyway, one was at the Colonnade room last night and there was plenty to see and here.”

“Just get to the point Phyllis.”

“Okay well.”  “Harmony” She raised her hands to do air quotes. “And Tucker were very intimate in the common dining room.  Word is that the chemistry was so electric that folks thought that he would throw her on the bar and have his way with her.  He was very touchy feely.  Then Devon showed up and whisked her away.   He was not happy to see them together”

“Hhhmm that’s interesting.  What else?” Billy said as he rubbed his jaw.  Tucker better not be cheating on his sister.

“Apparently, they were all there because the Winters had a family dinner where Neil announced that he bought some company that McCall had planned to buy.  Sophia, Neil’s wife, was livid.  She stormed out.  There is some bad blood boiling there.  Let me run it down for you.  I think this will be juicy.”

“I tell you what.  If you can bring me a story worth reporting.  I will let you report it. But nothing about the personal relationships between Tucker and Harmony.  Ashley is my sister in case you have forgotten and Harmony still works here if only part time, in case you didn’t know.”

 

Location:  Office of McCall Unlimited

Tucker sat in his office reading the financial analysis on Bell Communications that Sophia had prepared yesterday.  He thought that the numbers were good enough to provide services to outside companies.  He wouldn’t have to increase his head count that much to make it happen either.  Sophia was still a little upset that he had missed the meeting.  He would do it all over again just for the opportunity to share a meal with Harmony.  He felt the same way today that he did yesterday. Probably more so now that he knew about Ashley and Paul.  He was a modern man.  Both he and Ashley could see other people.

He wondered what Harmony would think of that.  Would she be willing to see him knowing he was married to Ashley?  He doubted it.  From the way she handled her pregnancy with Devon, she had too much pride to be any man’s mistress.  And even if she did agree, he knew that his son would balk at it.  Devon  seemed disgusted with him last night.  And all he had done was touch Harmony.  He could only guess at his reaction if he actually slept with her.  He had to remind himself that Devon had been raised by Neil.  His sense of right and wrong was a carbon copy of the “righteous one”. No. He would not pursue Harmony.  No matter how much her body called out to him.  He would be a good boy.  But that didn’t mean that they couldn’t be friends.

He had woken up this morning  to find that Ashley had not come home.  He called her but she didn’t answer.  He guessed she was somewhere wrapped in the arms of her lover.  It would have been nice to get a courtesy call to keep him from worrying though.  He looked up as he heard footsteps.

“Soph.  Good morning”

“Tucker, we have a problem” she said. “Bell Communications is no longer on the market”

“Now where’d you here a thing like that. I was under the impression that the owner-“

“Bell has new owners now.”

“What.   Who? I am sure we could convince them to sell”

“I doubt it.  It’s Neil and his cousins”

“Neil?”

“Yes, Neil. And if you had heard him talking about family and legacy last night, you would know that there is no chance in hell he would sell it.”

“Soph.  Everything is for sell.  You just gotta find the right price.  Neil has always seemed a reasonable man”

“Reasonable? Neil?”

“Well we’ll see.”

 

Location:  Office of Bell Communications

“Should we change the name,” Neil asked his cousin Chris as he looked out the window in his penthouse office in the Bell Communications building.

“I don’t think so. Right now, we need stability to maintain our customer base. Bell is a recognizable name and we want to instill confidence in our customers.  Let’s keep it for now.”

“I agree.  I think that the all hands went well.  I have one issue though.”

“What’s that” Chris asked.

“ I am not comfortable with our System Architect living all the way in LA.  I think I want him in house so that we can keep a closer eye on him.  Right now, we have no real clue what he is working on.  I would hate for him to have some advancement in technology and sell it to someone else because we don’t have it here.  Granted, we own it.  But possession is 9/10ths of the law.”

“I agree.  By the time we finish that battle in court, technology would have caught up and surpassed us.”  Chris looked towards Harmony. “Dimples, can you set up a teleconference with me and the guy this afternoon.  I want to tell him the good news.  He’s moving.”

Neil narrowed his eyes at the nickname.  He would have to remind Chris that Harmony was Devon’s mother and as such was off limits. 

“Okay,” harmony said.

“Can you also notify the media that there will be a press conference in lobby at 12 with the new owners.”

“Okay.  Anything else?” she asked. 

“That’s it. Thanks.”

She stood and left.  Neil was impressed with Harmony. She was very competent and good at her job.  Chris had no complaints.  He hoped that was because he appreciated Harmony’s work ethic and not because she had beautiful legs.  From the way Chris watched her walk out, he had a sinking feeling it was the latter. “Chris” he yelled.

“Cous.”

“Let me remind you that Harmony is Devon’s mother. She has just gotten her life on track and wants to focus on Devon and her sobriety.  Don’t mess it up for her. I want my son happy. And her having a relapse would devastate him” Neil said.

“Well damn. You had to bring Precious into it.”  Precious was Chris’ nickname for Devon. The way Neil and Dru had hovered and cooed over Devon at his adoption, one would have thought he was a new born baby.  Thusly, Precious was short for Precious Baby Boy.  Truth be told, he loved Devon just as much and had done his fair share of cooing as well.  He was ecstatic that Devon was now using the name Winters.  Since Chris had no children of his own, Devon and Lily were his by surrogate.  His sister Eve had chosen Nate as her favorite.

“To hit the point home” Neil said.

“Well you had me at hello” Chris said sarcastically. “Fine. Harmony is off limits.  But I can look though certainly.  I have caught you doing your fair share.”

“I can still appreciate a fine woman when I see one” said Neil sheepishly.

“I just want to know how you walked away from all that when she offered herself to you way back when”

“Three words: Dru. Was. Crazy” Neil said, pausing after each word.

Chris laughed out loud and said “She was always too much woman for you. Had you whipped”. 

“Hater”

“So will the kids be at the press conference as planned?” Chris asked.

“Yes. Everyone.  They understand the image we want to project.”

“So how do you think McCall will take the news that we now own Bell” Chris said.

“If Sophia’s reaction is any indication, he will take it hard” Neil said as he smiled at his cousin.  He couldn’t help himself.  Part of him relished winning out over Tucker.  

 

Time: Same day, Lunch time

 

Location:  McCall Residence

Ashley was in her bedroom and had just finished packing her last bag when she heard her husband’s voice behind say “Going somewhere?”

She had hoped to skip this entire scene but now that it was upon her she couldn’t help thinking it was for the best.  She wasn’t a coward. Tucker had been a loyal husband to her  by putting up with Abby.  So he deserved to hear this from her mouth and not her attorney, Michael Baldwin.

“Tucker,” she began.  “I think we should divorce.”

“Divorce? Isn’t this kind of sudden?” He said blandly. 

“No.  Not really.  I haven’t been happy with how things are between us in a while now.”

“Well you never voiced your concerns to me.  You have packed your bags and I still do not know what they are” Tucker stated. 

“I just feel that something is missing you know.  I sometimes wonder why you married me?  It’s like I am just there. Like the couch.  You rarely notice me unless I force you too” She stated.

“So you feel neglected” he said.  She wondered how to answer that question.  It wasn’t so much as neglect as it was uninspiring. “I understand that in marriages there are periods where you crave something new or different.  I am a man after all.”

“What are you saying Tucker?” she said.  She really could not get over how calm Tucker was being that he had found her ready to leave him.

“Many couples have open relationships nowadays.  Craving attention from someone new is no reason to end our partnership.  I think we have both been good for each other and we can continue to do so.”

“Are you saying that you wouldn’t mind me seeing someone else? Sleeping with someone else?” she asked astonished.

“I am not some knuckle dragging cave man.  I am not the possessive or jealous type” he said.

Ashley scoffed at that.  She knew how jealous Tucker was of Neil with respect to Devon.  For him to stand before her a newlywed and tell her that she could have a boyfriend was all the proof she needed.  He didn’t really care about her.  He surely didn’t love her.  At least not like she wanted. She had seen the jealousy in Paul’s eyes every time she and Tucker had crossed paths with him when they were out around town together.  No, she had made the right decision.  

At that moment, the two men she had hired to collect her things came into the room for her bags.  When they left she turned to Tucker and said, “I am sorry Tucker, but I want more from a relationship.  I want to be the entire world to the man I am with –“

He interrupted her. “Ash, when we first got together,  I explained to you how I rolled.  You agreed.  Now you’re telling me that you don’t want to do this anymore.  I really just don’t see this little dalliance with Paul as anything to walk away from our marriage over.”

Ashley was shocked.  He knew about Paul. “It’s not about Paul”.

“No. It’s not.  It’s about you refusing to or unable to fulfill your role” he said calmly.

“Tucker, my mind is made up.  You will be hearing from my lawyer” she said angered. How dare he insinuate that she was inadequate.

“Well darling, we shouldn’t drag this out.  I can have the divorce papers drawn up and sent to you tomorrow.” 

“What about the waiting period?” Tucker’s easy acceptance of this had her a little nervous.  She wasn’t happy with him and she wanted to be with Paul but she wasn’t quite ready to give up her new lifestyle. She wondered if Paul would accept her while still married to Tucker.  She doubted it.  He actually cared enough to want her all to himself.  Something she couldn’t say for Tucker.

“There are ways around that”

“Have them sent to my lawyer, Michael Baldwin.”  Ashley said and walked out before she changed her mind.

 

Location: Crimson Lights

Michael Baldwin sat with his best friend Phyllis Newman having a cup coffee.  He had listened to her go on and on about how unfair it was that she was fired from Restless Style.  Michael loved Phyllis but he had understood why Billy had fired her.  He saw her as the sole reason why he and his wife Victoria were not currently raising Lucy.  However, in typical Billy fashion, he had excluded his own decision to buy Lucy on the black market as a reason.

“So now I have to prove myself to get my job.  Me.  Prove myself.  How lowering is that?”

“Well Phyllis, you do –“

He was cut off by his ringing phone. He looked at the caller ID and saw Ashley Abbot’s name. He held up a hand to Phyllis , “Excuse me, I have to take this.”

“Ashley, how are you?”  he said.

She explained that she and Tucker were getting a divorce and that Tucker had promised papers to be delivered to him by tomorrow. She also asked about the waiting period.

“Well there is a waiting period on divorce in Wisconsin but if Tucker says he can make yours happen, I trust that.  He is a powerful man with deep pockets.  I’ll contact you when they arrive.  There shouldn’t be any problems since you two had a prenup. Okay.  Bye”

Michael then turned back to Phyllis and said “where were we? Yes, we were on you having to prove yourself.  Just don’t do anything stupid to earn you more enemies in this town.”

“I won’t. I won’t.  Trust me.” She said as she rose and walked out the door.

 

Location:  Lobby of Bell Communications

Neil stood at the podium with his family behind him on the raised platform. He had never been more proud in his life. He had been fielding questions for about 15 minutes.

“Last question,” he said as he looked down at his list of media networks trying to decide who to give it to when a name popped out at him. “Phyllis Newman, Restless Style Magazine”

“Thank you”, she said. “You wife works for McCall Unlimited.  I noticed her absence here.  Word on the street is that Tucker McCall had a bid on the table for Bell.  Do you expect some sort of retaliation from McCall Unlimited?”

“Tucker McCall is a businessman.  I am sure this is not the first time that he has not acquired a company that he has targeted. No I do not expect any retaliation”.  Neil noticed movement to his right side and looked up to find that Tucker had entered the room. When everyone else noticed Tucker, the whispering became louder.  He knew Tucker well enough to know that he wouldn’t put on a show for the press. “Thank you.  That is all” Neil said as he walked off the dais with his family in tow.  He heard a couple of reporters shouting questions at Tucker as they walked away but he did not hear his reply.

Location:  Office of Bell Communications

Chris sat in the conference room with Neil preparing to have the conference call with their System Architect, John Jacobs.  .  Right now he had all the real power.  They needed him to remain stable.  They were discussing possible incentives that they could use to bribe the man to move to Wisconsin, when he heard a knock on the door. 

“Come in” Neil stated.

“Sir, Tucker McCall is in your office and wants to see you” Neil’s secretary stated.  She had been the previous CEO’s as well.  Keeping her on as well as other support personnel was a part of his strategy to promote stability.

“Sure Sherry.  Bring him in here.”

“Okay sir.” Chris looked at Neil silently asking with his eyes if he knew what Tucker would want.  Neil shrugged his shoulders in response.  “He didn’t know either” Chris thought.  However, he could almost guess. 

Neil had been only mildly annoyed that Tucker had interrupted their press conference.  But Chris had been livid.  It took everything in him to smile for the cameras as they took photos with the family.  In his opinion, Tucker showing up was his way of attempting to steal their moment.  Plus, it made people speculate.  Everyone knew that Tucker was the master of hostile takeovers.  And once he acquired the company, he would usually dismantle it and sell off business units or keep the more profitable ones for himself.  The last thing that they needed right now was people fearing a raid from McCall Unlimited.  Moments later Tucker walked in.

“Neil.  Congratulations” he said as he shook Neil’s hand. 

Then he looked at Chris. “Tucker, this is my cousin Christopher Winters.  He’s Bells new president” Neil said as they shook hands.

“Tucker,  take a seat” Chris said. “To what do we owe the honor.”  Tucker sat down in a chair on the other side of the table, crossed his legs, and steepled his fingers under his chin.

“Gentleman, I know you must be aware by now that McCall had been in negotiations with the former owner to buy Bell.  We’re still interested.  The question to you is what is your asking price?”

This was Chris’ first time meeting Tucker McCall.  He didn’t often meet people more arrogant than himself but he couldn’t help but think that he had just met his equal.  And he didn’t like it.  He looked at Neil who sat quietly with his arms folded.  He knew that Neil wanted him to handle this. Chris understood why.  Neil and Sophia had already gone two rounds about this acquisition and didn’t really want to give Tucker anything to take back to Sophia to force another.  And then this was Devon’s biological father.  Chris, however, didn’t have the same skin in the game.  But he did wonder about something though. He picked up the phone and dialed Harmony. “Dimples”, he said, “can you meet me in conference room 25A.  I need you to take notes.”

They all sat in silence for the few minutes it took harmony to make it to the conference room. Chris made sure to watch Tucker when she walked in.  He saw a twitch of his lips but nothing more. He pulled out the chair for Harmony and said towards Tucker, “My personal assistant, Harmony”.  As she sat down he smiled at her and turned once again towards Tucker. “Her beauty is only rivaled by her competence” he said as he placed a hand on her upper back.  Tucker’s eyes hardened at that. “Have you two met?”

Harmony looked at Neil who slightly shook his head to keep her quiet. 

Chris noticed Tucker had watched Harmony from the moment she walked in.  He seemed unable to pull his eyes away.  Still staring he said, “I am aware of who she is. We have known each other for” he paused for a moment then finished with “some time now. I didn’t know that she worked here though”.  He raised an eyebrow at Harmony in question. 

“Yes,” she said abruptly.  “It happened very quickly. No one really knows yet”.  Granted, Chris had not known Harmony very long, but from what he knew it was not like her to explain unnecessarily.  He wondered why she felt the need to do so to Tucker.  From the sound of her voice she was attempting to pacify him.  Was he upset?  Chris could not see any visual signs.

Tucker squinted his eyes a fraction and said, “I see”.  He then looked back at Chris.  “So back to my earlier question. What would it take?”

“We are not for sale. And we don’t plan to sale in the foreseeable future.”

Tucker said as he stood, “Then I guess there is nothing else to discuss today.  I do think you should think about it first.  Can you have your assistant escort me out of the building. I wouldn’t want to get lost.” He said with a friendly smile. “Interesting indeed” Chris thought.  He was sure he had just found Tucker’s weakness.  He wanted Harmony. Chris wanted her too.  But if she was off limits to him then he surely wouldn’t let Tucker’s married ass have her.  Hell would freeze over first.  Chris looked down and saw Harmony looking into Tucker’s eyes. She put her hand on the table in preparation to push back and rise.  Chris, standing behind her chair laid his right hand on her shoulder to keep her seated.  He then looked at Tucker as he lifted his index finger and slid it down her neck.  Tucker’s eyes narrowed.

“Sorry Tucker.  I need Dimples for this next meeting.  Let me call Sherry.”  He picked up the phone dialed a number and said “Sherry, can you escort Mr McCall out the building” then hung up the phone. Sherry came in a few seconds later.  Tucker took another long look at Harmony before he walked out the door.

Chris felt jubilant.  He hadn’t had that much fun in a long time.

“Now let’s make this call” Neil said as Harmony dialed John’s number. 

 

Time: Same day, Evening

Location:  The office of Restless Style

Billy had given her the go ahead to write the story about Tucker losing Bell Communications to Neil.  This wouldn’t be that big of news to readers if Restless Style hadn’t broken the news of Neil’s adopted son being Tucker’s biological son.  She knew bad blood when she saw it.  And Neil and Tucker definitely had a rivalry brewing.  She would have to really work her sources to ensure that no drama passed her by.

She knew that Billy said no personal stuff should be reported but that was the juiciest part of the story. Phyllis had noticed the looks of admiration that Harmony had given Tucker as she left with the Winters family as Tucker fielded questions from the press.  She wanted him.  And who could blame her.  Tucker McCall was sexy and powerful.  He owned a room when he walked in it.  She had always thought that he was way too cool for the likes of Ashley and wondered what he saw in her.  And now she knew that Ashley and Tucker were divorcing.  She would take her chances with this.  If the blog received a lot of hits, Billy wouldn’t be so upset.  He knew how this game was played.  She was confident that he would accept it.

Phyllis logged onto the Restless Style blog and began to write:

A Double Whammy for Tucker McCall

Not only did Tucker McCall lose Bell Communications to the Winters family today, but he also lost his wife.  That’s right folks.  Tucker and Ashley McCall are divorcing. The reasons for said divorce are unknown at this time but rest assured we will find out.  However, it may have something to do with the public display Tucker put on for diners at the Colonnade Room last night.  The sexual tension between Tucker and Harmony Hamilton was palpable. Harmony was seen today standing with the Winters family at the press conference where the official announcement of the purchase of Bell was made.  It was noticed that Sophia Dupree Winters, McCall’s right hand, was not in attendance.  However ladies and gentleman, Tucker McCall did crash the show.  We think that there is some bad blood boiling between Tucker and Neil Winters, new CEO/Owner of Bell. Let’s not forget that we broke the story that Devon Hamilton Winters, adopted son of Neil, is the biological son of Harmony and Tucker.  One can only surmise that this story will entertain in weeks to come.

 

Location: Paul Williams Residence

Paul sat on his couch thinking about Ashley.  They had not mentioned the agreement they made yesterday nor had they spoken again after they left the hospital.  The doctors thought that Rickey had TTP whish was a rare blood disease.  The survival rate was not good so it was hard for him to keep a positive outlook especially without Ashley at his side.  He had secretly loved her for years and was thrilled a few years ago when he had finally gotten a chance to be with her.  But she had thrown it all away over Tom Fisher.  Some guy who wasn’t fit to shine her shoes.  He knew he should he angry with her but he just couldn’t be.  And he couldn’t shake this hold she had on him.  He should have never made love to her yesterday.  Living without her was bearable. But now that they had been intimate again, he didn’t know how he would survive losing her and possibly Ricky.   He had lost Heather too in a way as she moved away from town.  There was no way that Ashley would leave Tucker for him.  He is the kind of guy that Ashley had always wanted.  Never mind that there were times when Paul had seen her them together and noticed that the light in her beautiful eyes did not shine the way he had become used to.  He was interrupted from his thoughts by a knock on the door.  He rose from the chair, walked to the door, and opened.  He was shocked to see Ashley standing there with several large pieces of luggage.

“I made you a promise” she said with a shaky smile.  His heart almost leaped from his chest it beat so fast.

“Are you sure?”

She didn’t answer but walked inside and kissed him on the lips.  It was a kiss of homecoming. They both felt it. “Oh ye of little faith. Get my bags” she said as she brushed past him.

 

 

Location:  Chancellor Mansion

Harmony descended the stairs wondering who would be here visiting her.  Maybe it was Devon.  He had been really sweet with her lately.  He had escorted her at the press conference today.  Her heart swelled at how he held his arm out for her to place her hand in the crook of his arm,  while he carried Moses in the other.  She also remembered how he had done the same last night too. She blushed thinking about how he rescued her from Tucker’s web.  Web was an apt description because she certainly had felt like a trapped fly.  The man was irresistible back in the day but she had been able to tell him no.  Now she felt totally powerless against his magnetism.  When he had touched her skin, she had heard a humming in her ears and a throbbing between her legs.  She had to close her eyes to gain some sort of equilibrium. If he was single she would have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with him by now she was sure.  Probably even offered herself up as the desert.  Honestly, it had been so long since she had been with a man she didn’t know whether it was him or whether it was just her body in heat.  Either way, she wanted him.  But she would not lower herself again.  She just couldn’t allow it.  Her sobriety and the respect of her children were on the line this time.

She rounded the corner to the living room and froze.  Tucker was standing with his arms behind his back facing the fireplace.  “Tucker?”

He turned slowly and walked towards her.  He stopped just inches away from her. He was so close she had to tilt her head back to maintain eye contact. She was sure that if she took a full breath her breast would touch his chest. She could tell at first glance that he was upset. His posture and his glassy eyes gave it away.  His eyes always shined when he was upset.  He inclined his head closer to her face. 

“So you refuse my job offer but take one from Neil?  What happened to wanting to do this on your own?” he asked. 

“I see what you are implying but it wasn’t like that.”

“Then how was it.  Explain to me how you came to be working as a personal assistant to Christopher Winters” he demanded in a low tone.

Harmony had been very respectful of Tucker feelings since she got back to town.  She really wanted them to get along and because of it had been sensitive to Tucker’s moods.  But she wasn’t his wife or child.  She didn’t have to explain herself to him.

“Tucker, I want us to get along but I don’t really have to explain myself to you” she said.

Although Tucker could be quite intimidating when angry, she refused to back down.  After a few moments, he seemed to relax somewhat.  “I agree” he said.  “You don’t”

“Thank you”

“I still would like to know why”.  Tucker could be relentless when he wanted something. She saw that had not changed.

“For Devon. Neil asked me to help him build a legacy  for his children.   How could I say no to that?”  She smiled. Whatever she said has pushed him right back to that angry place again.

“You don’t seem to have a problem saying no to me”

“It’s not as easy I make it appear” she said with a smile once again attempting to diffuse the tension.

“Hhhmm. When you said you wanted us to get along, I thought that you meant you wanted to be friends and get to know each other.”

“I do”

“Then have breakfast with me tomorrow?” he said.

“I can’t” she said with a pleading look in her eyes.

“Are we back to that?  Can’t or won’t”, he asked.  She just didn’t understand why he was pushing so hard for them to spend time together.

“Can’t.  I am meeting Chris in the morning for breakfast.  Our routine is to have breakfast every morning and go over the – “

“Your pushing me.”  If she was, she wasn’t doing it on purpose she thought. She gave him a confused innocent look. “It would be in everyone’s best interest if you did not use Christopher Winters as a shield”

 “That’s not what I am –“

“Oh, it isn’t?  You sat in that meeting and allowed him to put his hand all over you.”  She saw him look at her breast. 

She noticed that her nipples were starting to tingle.  Only Tucker could get her aroused with a glance. “Hands all over  –“  She began as he continued to stare at her breast. He interrupted her before she could finish. 

 “Now you will be eating breakfast with him every day.”  Finally lifting his eyes back to hers he continued. “Let me explain this to you.  I don’t like losing. I want to be amicable about Bell. I have offered to buy it instead of just taking it. Mostly for Devon’s sake.  But I buy and sell men like the cousin Winters on a daily basis and if you allow Winters to taunt me again, I will crush him.”

She couldn’t believe Tucker was threatening her. He was taking her kindness for a weakness.  And if she didn’t know better she would think that he was jealous. 

“Let me explain this to you.  I do not respond to threats very well. Now if you want to go out together then let’s just come up with an amicable time.  But I promise you I won’t be forced into something I don’t want to do. You got that.”

“Understood” he said with a smile.  He appeared amused.  Maybe he wasn’t used to people standing up to him. “So what is a good time for you?”

“How about Dinner tomorrow” she said. Tucker smiled triumphantly as he glanced  back down at her cleavage.

“Perfect” he said in a very low tone.  She didn’t know whether he was talking about the time or her breast but it didn’t really matter.  She was  totally aroused.  He lifted his hand and cupped her cheek.  “Just perfect” he said.

She opened her mouth to respond with a quick come back but her brain apparently wasn’t working because she could think of nothing to say.  All her energy seemed to be headed to her clitoris because besides Tucker’s hand, it was the only think she could feel.

He lowered his eyes to her mouth. She felt the pad of his thumb rub slowly across her upper lip then her bottom lip pulling it down at the corner.  She was stunned by the desire in his eyes.  She couldn’t believe that Mick actually wanted her after all she had done. She could tell he wanted to kiss her. It was a heady feeling.  But dangerous.  She lifted both hands to his chest to push him away. 

“You’re married Mick. Stop. Please” She knew she sounded pathetic at the moment. Begging him to stop as opposed to demanding him to do so. 

He leaned closer to whisper in her ear so she had to rest her hand on his shoulders. His hand stilled cupped her face. Her breasts were pressed against his chest. The friction was making her even wetter than she already was.  The smell of  his cologne.  His body heat surrounding her. It was hypnotizing. “Ashley and I are divorcing.  I expect it to be final before our date tomorrow night.”   

Her mind was racing on what this could mean.  “I’m sorry.”

He dropped his hand and stepped back. “At this moment, I’m not sorry at all.  I’d better go.  See you tomorrow.’ He said as he brushed past her and walked out.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.