Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


2 months later
It has been 2 months since Janice's move from Winlock to Hollywood and hasn't been all it's cracked up to be. The first couple of weeks of Janice's stay in Hollywood was great, she booked a couple of gigs at local clubs here and there. But the more gigs she booked the more money she needed. She had spent half of the money her mother had given her on a cheap, rundown motel, which was infested with prostitues, junkies, and among other things. So to make money now she works at Hollywood Records, a music store. It wasn't the best job in the world, but it kept a roof over her head and food in her belly.

Being in Hollywood wasn't so bad though, considering that she made a friend. On her first day on the job she met Betty Smith. Her real name is Elizabeth, but she pefers everyone to call Betty. Betty was a known wild child, partying and sleeping with upcoming rockstars, and going home with random strangers. Betty was one of those friends who your parents warned you about but you just couldn't stay away from.

"Hey, girly!" Betty cheerfully greeted Janice.

"Your late."

"So, what the big deal?" Betty asked while sitting on the counter nonchantly.

"The big deal is that Bruce came by here."

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him that you were out getting us something to eat."

Betty place her hand over her chest and sighed in mock relief,"Thanks, Jan, I owe you one."

"No problem. What were or whom, might I ask, you doing?" Janice asked, flipping through the pages of her Rolling Stones Magazine.

A smile spread across Betty's face,"Well, if you must know, it was a rich CEO."

Janice looked at her friend shook her head. She was going to tell Betty, how crazy she was but was interrupted by the door's bell ringing, signaling a customer. Janice turn her head towards the door and saw it was a guy. A very good-looking guy.

"Axl!" Betty jumped off of the counter and ran into the guy, Axl's arms. Janice looked Axl over, he stood at the height of 5 foot 9 with a slim body shape with big red hair and bright green eyes.

"Hey, Betty. Did you finish passing out the flyers?"

"I sure did." Betty told him flashing him a charming smile.

"Thanks. Umm, who's your friend?" Axl asked looking pass Betty to look at Janice. Betty followed the direction of his eye. She smiled when she realized he was checking out Janice. Betty grabbed Axl's hand and pulled him into Janice's direction.

"Janice come from behind the counter. I have someone for you to meet."

Janice closed her magazine and walk from behind the counter and made her way over towards the two.

"Janice this is Axl. Axl this is Janice."

Axl put his hand out for Janice to shake. Janice put her hand in his and gave it a firm shake. After a while of holding her hand, Axl let Janice's hand go and slipped his hands in his pockets.

"Are you guys going to the show later on tonight?" Axl asked looking directly at Janice.

A confused look covered Janice's face,"What show?"

Betty looked at Janice and rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Axl,"Of course we're going. We wouldn't miss it for the world, right Jan?"

"Um, sure." Janice's voice gave off a hint of confusion.

Axl shook his head and chuckled at them,"I'll see guys later." With that said he walked out of the store.
As he disappeared out of the store, Betty punched Janice in the arm.

"Ow, what the hell was that for?" Janice asked, rubbing her arm.

"That was for you acting stupid infront of your meal ticket."

"Meal Ticket? What are you talking about?"

"Let me put it to you this way. You have a beautiful voice Janice, that voice of yours will take straight to the top. That is if your involved with the right people. Guys like Axl are the right people. He's wants to be a rockstar, he wants to be somebody just like you. And if you hang out with him and make friends, then maybe he can help you out."

"Axl isn't my type and besides he doesn't even interested."

"For one, you don't have a type. Second, he couldn't keep his freaking eyes off of you. I'm not gonna lie, I got jealous." Betty stated trying to make a point.

"Okay, so what if he's interested. I'm not going to use him. I wanna go to the top my way, not being some groupie holding onto an upcoming rockstar's coat tails."
Betty put her hands up and gave in,"Alright, do it your own way. But don't say I didn't try to help you. So you are going to the show tonight?"

"I don't know."

"Ugh, I don't understand you Janice. One minute you say you want to be notice, but you don't take the steps to get there. You have to go to the shows."
Janice sighed and shook her head.

Betty pouted and gave Janice a puppy-dog look,"Please, Jan."

Janice rolled her eyes,"Okay, just this once."

Betty squealed and ran over to Janice and hugged her,"Thank you! Now that you agreed you have to let me doll you up. I can't have you going out looking like a hippie."

As night fell, Janice and Betty had gotten ready for Axl's gig with his band Guns N' Roses at a club, called The Whiskey a Go-Go. As they walked through the doors of the club they were greeted with cat-calls from both sober and drunk men. Janice didn't blame them, the clothes she and Betty were wearing were beyond revealing. Betty dressed Janice in a mid-thigh length, black, short corset mini-dress with lipstick red stilettos. Her hair was fixed in big curls. She looked super sexy but it wasn't Janice's style.

Janice and Betty ventured further into the club and found Axl and his band sitting in a booth. They were surrounded by tons of girls and drinks. The guys were too busy self-indulging that they didn't even notice the Betty and Janice were even there. That was until Betty cleared her throat, with caused Axl and his band heads to snap up.
Axl told a girl that was sitting on his lap to get up, as she got up, Axl made his way over to Betty and grabbed her by her hair and kissed her. Janice stood there confused and was wondering if they were dating or not. The girl that was sitting on his lap seem to think so, because she stormed off. Axl watched her go and shrugged his shoulders and sat down Betty on his lap.

"I told you, we would come." Betty told Axl, planting kiss all over his neck.

"Yeah, you did. Betty, why don't you introduce your friend to the band." Axl suggested to Betty, who continued to kiss his neck.

"Oh, yeah, sorry Jan. Janice this is Steven, Slash, Izzy, and Duff. Guys this is Janice, a star on the rise." The guys smiled at Janice and said hi to her. She in return did the same.

"What do you mean a star on the rise?" Axl asked Betty, who smirked.

"Well, my friend Janice here has a voice." Betty turn her eyes on Janice who giving look that read shut up. Betty just simply smiled at her.
"Is that right?" Axl asked Janice, who didn't even chance to answer, because Betty answered for her.

"She sure does."

"I would like to hear it sometime."

"Okay." That was the first word that Janice has uttered all night. For the next couple of hours, everyone chilled an mingled, Janice finally came out of quiet shell thanks to Betty and a couple of drinks. Guns N' Roses were call up to perform, as the band set up, Janice and Betty talked.

"Are you and Axl dating?" Janice finally asked, the question has been plaguing her all night.

"No." Betty simply said.

"What are you guys then?"

"Our relationship is a 'you scratch my back and I scratch yours', type of thing."

"Oh."

"Why you like him or something?" Betty asked turning to look at her.

"No. Why?" Janice asked Betty, who studied her for awhile before shrugging her shoulder.

"No reason." Betty flipped her hair over shoulder and turned her attention to the stage. Janice followed suit as the band begin to play. As soon as Axl opened his mouth, Janice immediately fell in love. He had undeniable musical talent, his voice was strong and unique. Janice looked over at Betty, who was cheering her head off. Janice smiled and did the same, which cause Axl to wink at her. Janice smile grew wider and she began to blush.
5 songs later the band left the stage leaving a satisfied and pumped crowd. Everyone sat down a near by table, chatting about the band's performance. Not even a couple minutes off stage and the guys were swamped with groupies, who pushed Betty and Janice off to the side.

"Where are we going after this?" Janice asked

"How about a party, back at our place?" Slash asked and everyone agreed.

"Now the fun really begans." Betty said as she and Janice followed the guys out door.

As the party started, so did the drugs, drinking, and sex. It was a wild party to say the least. Girls flashing random guys, guys slamdancing eachother, and much more. It was crazy and Janice was right in the middle of it. Janice looked around the room and realized she stood out. Not clothes wise, but personality wise. It was like everyone was more advanced than she was.Betty was in the corner of the room talking to Axl, when Janice approached them.

"Betty, I think I'm going to go home."

"What, no! I mean you can't leave."

"I'm sorry, Betty, but I feel out of place."
Betty was going to say something, but Axl stopped her.

"Betty, I got this.", Axl turned his attention towards Janice. He smile at her and grabbed her hand. Together they weaved the tightly packed crowd and made their way to the kitchen. Janice watched as he poured three shots glasses of Jack Daniels. Axl slid two of the shot glasses her way.

"Here drink this. It'll loosen you up."
Janice looked down at the two glass and shook her head.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm not old enough." Janice stated naviely

Axl chuckled and smiled at her, he leaned in towards her and said,"Noboby, ever follows the rules around her."

Janice blushed, she couldn't help it, Axl had the most sexiest smile ever and it didn't help that he was an absolute charmer. Janice looked down at the two glasses and picked up one glass up. She put the glass to her lips, threw her head back and let the hot liquior fill her throat. She picked up the other and did the same. As she did this, Axl watched her. In his eyes she was different. She was an innocent, naive, and kind girl who wanted to become famous. Girls like her would breakdown under the pressure and the demands of the music business.

"How do you feel?" Axl asked.

"Fine."

Axl grabbed her hand,"Come on lets dance."

Axl and Janice squeezed their way through the crowd and found a spot out in the room to dance. Before Janice noticed she and Axl had danced all night. When song ended they stopped and looked around the room to see it was a total mess. Janice could tell it was really late. She looked around the room for Betty and saw she laying in the corner with Steven, they were passed out drunk.

"I see your friend pre-occupied with my drummer. It doesn't look like she'll be waking up anytime soon. You can crash here if you want?"

Janice smiled,"Thanks."

"No problem. You can take the room on the right."
Janice turned on her heels and made her way down the hallway and into the bedroom. She walked over towards the nightstand and turned on the lamp. Janice look around the room and was suprised it was clean. Satistfied with the way the room looked, she turned off the lamp and settled into the big bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she settled into a deep slumber.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.