Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm so tired......I stayed up late into the night writing this. Insperation struck I guess. Anyways please review and tell me what you think. An as always THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEWS AND FOR READING!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    Carla glared at the Junirk, who was supposed to be helping her get ready for this so called ‘ball'.  They had been arguing for the last fifteen minutes about whether or not she was going to wear her glasses.  She was, that was the end of the discussion.  “Look you... I am all down for you putting me in this disney princess get up and covering me with makeup.  I also admit it was nice to get my hair done after all these years.  However I will not willingly go into a place without my glasses,” she stated.  Turning her attention back to the full length mirror she stared at her reflection and she had to admit she looked good.  Her midnight curls had been combed, oiled, and then twisted into an intricate design on top of her head.  The only problem she had was the dress that resembled something from the disney movie ‘Sleeping Beauty’.  The dress was a light powder blue with silver and white trim that hugged her shoulders.  It had a plunging neckline that showed way more cleavage than she wanted to, and tapered down into a corset like fit around her waist.  The bottom flowing silkenly down to her ankles hugging her hips tightly.  The attendants didn’t pay any mind to her when she asked for a dress that wasn't so revealing.  The golden haired Junirk’s snarky comment being that those are what she was here for. So why would they hide hips that were ‘obviously’ made for pushing out babies.  Then he added salt to the wound as he signaled for the Sato to tighten the ties on Carla’s dress in the back.  She could barely breathe, let alone walk in the four inch white heels they slipped onto her feet.  She wasn’t too fond of the makeup that they put on her face, but she was grateful that it was light.  The only thing they did was outline her eyes in silver eyeliner and skillfully blended white and cerulean blue eyeshadow on to her lids.  A clear coat of lip gloss finishing off her look, making her plump lips shine.

    "I will admit though, you are cute in a childish way, but you still aren’t a real beauty to behold, but that's all we can do for now.  Though I do hope the prince will bring you back so we can do something more proper,” the Junirk commented as they both studied her for a moment.  Carla sighed softly, she had just been insulted again as if she wasn't even there.  “We have about an hour before you are to be introduced.  So we need to go over some things.  We are going to be your handlers and teachers when you are not with the princes," the golden haired Junirk stopped a moment, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought something over.  He then pointed to the cyan haired Sato with the pale lavender eyes.  "That Sato over there is named Seaya. An my name is Kavitk,” his golden eyes lit up as he spoke.

    "My name is Starshine Carla Johnson.  Please call me Carla,” she mumbled, her hand outstretched in a polite gesture.  Kavitk looked to the hand then to her, his eyes rolling in a dramatic gesture.

    "I don’t understand what they see in you.  I suppose your body is ideally made for procreation, though your brains and appearance seem to be lacking.  I do hope the children take more after the fathers rather than the mother," Kavitk said through a bored tone.  Okay she was really getting sick of being insulted by everyone as she snorted in disgust.

    “Look here pal!  If you want to trade places with me, you can be my guest.  I mean here I look like some sacrificial disney princess going to a freakin ball.  Who the hell has balls anymore anyways?” she ranted.  She started becoming furious with their whole condescending attitude. The two aliens looked to one another, shrugging their shoulders at her outburst.

    “Well as of the moment earth culture is very popular among our people.  Before we even started the invasion, we sent scouts out to every part of the globe to try and learn as much as we could about the different cultures and history.  Prince Vita just so happens to like the idea of grand balls and a more modified dress of the 1700s,"  the Sato said as if it was common knowledge.

    “Oh...” was all that she could muster.

    "Now if you will please shut up. We are going to lead you to the main entrance where you will wait behind the curtain to be called.  Once called you are to proceeded down to where the princes will be waiting to escort you to the front of the room.  They then will introduce you.  Once the introduction is over, you just smile and wave like you are happy to be chosen for this honor.  Do you think you can remember all that?” Kavitk said in an amused tone.

    “Um...I hope so.” Carla replied.

    “Well I hope so too. I would hate for prince Aza to be displeased.  Wouldn’t you?” the golden haired Junirk said with a smirk.  Carla nodded her head in forced enthusiasm.


    Carla couldn't say that she recalled all the twists and turns that they took to reach the entrance to the ball.  Her body seemed to have been moving on its own as her mind blanked from anxiety and fear.  "Relax. An don't blow it," Seaya said, causing Carla to snap back into reality.  Glancing around in aww at her surroundings, the massive hallway that led to the ball was a gorgeous lavender color.  A massive chandelier hung from the ceiling, again Carla couldn't spot any artwork on the wall, the only decoration being a golden carpet with bronze trim.  "An now announcing miss Starshine Carla Johnson!" a loud voice boomed.  Carla froze shaking her head as she took a step back away from the gold curtain that hid her from sight.  She felt a light shove from behind causing her body to fall forward through the curtain into the blinding light.


    Aza hated doing anything that involved being on display.  He hated having to get dressed up in his best tunic and breeches, when he would much rather be wearing the jeans he got from earth.  Aza sighed and looked down to the white tunic and black trousers he wore.  A gold sash belt his only accessory wrapped around his waist.  He knew that Vita’s was similar except that his sash was silver.  Aza turned his attention to the announcer at the top of the stairs, his silver eyes looking to we're the clumsy human stumbled out from behind the curtain.  A hush fell over the crowd, as they all turned their attention to the human who stood at the top of the staircase.  A helpless look upon her face as she looked at the crowd in fear.  Aza felt Vita come and stand beside him, grabbing his hand to place it on the inside of his elbow.  A soft "Come along my love," whispered in his ear as Vita led them through the crowd, stopping at the bottom of the staircase.  Aza let his hand fall as he waited for Vita to go up the stairs slightly hand outstretched, beckoning for Carla to come down towards them.  He watched as Carla took a deep breath and slowly make her descent, placing her trembling hand into Vita’s.  The couple made their way down towards Aza, who turned towards the crowd, grabbing her other hand once they made it next to them.  Then slowly and carefully they walked together, the crowd parting in front of them.  Going up the small flight of stairs onto the stage and stopping in the center.  Aza glanced at Carla’s face for a moment, his heart thudding loudly in his chest at the sight of her doll like appearance.  She was pretty, no he was lying to himself, he found her breathtaking.  Her dark brown eyes darting around the crowd nervously as Vita began his speech.  Shaking his head he turned his attention back to the festivities.  Never once noticing that his hand had snaked out and grasped her hand tightly.

    "Welcome all.  I would like to thank you for taking the time to come to our engagement ball. As most of you know prince Aza and I are engaged to be bonded in a month’s time, and we would like for you all to meet the human who will bear our children.  Miss Starshine Carla Johnson," Vita said proudly, as he pulled Carla forward.  "I have also called this ball not only to announce our engagement formally, or to meet the human who will be the future mother of our children.  No, I have come to announce that this bonding ceremony will be a triad, with our third being the human known as Carla!" Vita boomed.  A collective gasp was heard from the crowd, and even Aza looked a bit surprise by the announcement.  He knew that she would be a bearer, which is no better than a second class citizen in their culture.  Aza was completely surprised by his choice to form a triad, and had completely thrown him off. A triad with the human? It hasn’t been done, to most of the Junirk that would be like giving there property rights.  Aza narrowed his eyes in suspicion, was this his plan all along or is there more to it then that, he wondered.  Clearing his throat as the hum of conversation died down Vita continued, "I know triads are only formed in desperate circumstances.  Such as a concubine being able to produce heirs, but the actual betrothed is barren.  So from here on out Carla shall be prince Aza and I's courtesan." Stepping back he led Carla back to Aza, nodding his head in a dismissal, Vita turned and left the stage.  Aza sighed as he grabbed Carla’s hand and led her into the awaiting crowd.  A murmur of congratulations coming from various Junirks’ and Satos’ alike.  A dark green haired Sato came up to them with a holo camera, a bright smile on his pale face as he spoke.

    “Congratulations your highness.  My name is Dura, prince Vita asked me to come and get pictures for the vid screen.  So may we take a couple of pictures of you dancing with your soon to be human bond-mate?” Aza sighed, and gave a weary nod, turning in the direction of the dance floor.  Couples were already dancing to a fast paced tango mixed with an old Junirk tune.  Placing Carla’s hands on his shoulders, sliding his down to rest comfortably on her hips, he was surprised to feel how tense her body was under his hands, as he tried to lead them in the dance.  Though it wasn’t really a surprise when he found that her stiff movements and two left feet indicating that she was not a great dancer.  A hiss escaping his lips as she stepped on his feet for the third time. “Idiot.  Even I know  know how to waltz, and it's not even from my planet," Aza growled low, so that she would be the only one to hear his words.

    "This idiot...wait I’m not an idiot.  When you jerks started the invasion I was only fifteen.  What fifteen year old knows how to waltz?” she replied in a low annoyed tone.  Aza watched as she grinned, her eyes darting down a quick second before he felt the heel of her shoe step on his foot.  A smug woops being all that she said.  The silver haired Sato growled low, he knew that was no accident that time, and the feigned innocence was all the clarification he needed.  This means war, he thought darkly.  Silver eyes glancing down to where her feet were, before he moved his to try and step on her left foot.  He wasn’t expecting for her to move her foot at the last second, his foot meeting the ground.  Carla grinned at him and all of the tension and fear of the past few weeks seemed to fall away as they began to move in time with each other.


    Dura snickered as he watched the royal couple try to what looked like outdance one another.  Then he blinked slowly, his mind becoming awestruck as the once ridiculous couple’s dance turned into something truly magical.  They were starting to move together, all outside distraction falling away.  The human laughed, as prince Aza led them to the left, causing their feet to cross only to come back straight once more.  Aza grinned as he threw her out of his arms, her body spinning out.  The Sato prince pulled her back towards him, his other hand clasping hers tightly.  Dura smiled, as he brought the halo camera up, inspecting the pictures.  His hopes that he had gotten that one shot, and once he confirmed that he did, he turned his attention back to the couple who had the crowd mesmerized as they continued to dance.


    Vita growled as he looked to where his two bond mates danced contentedly in each others arms.  Shaking his head slowly to shake away his darker thoughts.  He turned towards Ruasu who was looking over towards the approaching Junirk king.  The king’s icy blue eyes looking to Vita with hard determination and cold fury.  Vita and Ruasu bowed to the king once he stood before them, The king nodded his head in acknowledgement, turning his attention to Ruasu he dismissed him with a gesture.  Ruasa turned to bow to Vita, before he left without saying a word.  Vita gave a pleasant smile to his father before he spoke.  "Good evening father.  You are looking well, considering you have been bedstricken the last couple of days.”

    "Yes,  Thank you my son.  Though I am concerned about that announcement you foolishly made.  Why was I not informed of this decision?” the king said with thinly veiled rage.  Vita sighed of softly,

    “Father this is hardly the place for us to discuss this.  How about you meet me somewhere more private, say the gardens behind the palace?”  The king nodding his head, turned to leave for the gardens.  Never once noticing a darkly grinning Vita following closely behind.

    Vita led the king to a secluded alcove, that was off the main trails around the palace grounds.  The secluded spot was a small grove around a pond, with long pink weeping willow like trees hiding them from sight.  “So what is it you want to ask of me father?” Vita asked casually.

    "Some Junirk nobles are rather disturbed about that announcement you made.  Its bad enough that you are going to have to bond yourself to that dirty Sato, but to use one of our oldest laws to accomplish it is just too much," the Junirk king said barely containing his disgust.  Vita growled low, slowly counting to ten so as to help gain his composure.  He had to keep up this ruse a little while longer.

    "I see, so that is what this is all about.  Some nobles are afraid of change and are starting to grow unsettled because of everything that has taken place.  Well rest assured that their fears will be alleviated soon enough.”  King Larsa smiled coming over to clap Vita on the back.

    “I’m glad you are starting to see things my way."  The king was about to continue when he felt a sharp pain in his stomach.  Looking down he saw a dagger being shoved into his abdomen.  Turning to look up into Vita’s glee filled eyes.

    “Oh no you misunderstand me father.  I am going to alleviate their fears by killing them ever so slowly.  You see I know about your plan to start another war, I also know about the emperors plan to do the same.  You two don’t wish to become one great kingdom, instead you want to rule over a pile of corpses.  Afraid of giving up your power?  Oh don’t worry I will continue your work of building a new empire," the Junirk prince said in a dark tone.  Pulling out the dagger he brought it up to the king’s throat,  “Also father I love my mates and only wish I could punish you more for the cruel words you said.  They are going to be the family that you took away from me when you killed my mother right before my eyes.  So... goodbye dear father," Vita laughed,  ripping the dagger across the kings throat.  Pleasure and pride flowing through his being, as he watched his father fall to the grass gargling and choking on his own blood.  Admiring his work for one more second, before throwing the dagger into the pond, and walked back to the ball whistling darkly.

    Ruasu was waiting for him at the garden’s entrance.  Vita just nodded his head to him, as Ruasu walked to where the king’s body would be laying.  He wrinkled his nose in distaste, as he bent down to where the king lay dead.  Closing his eyes before he snapped them open, running towards the ball at a fast pace, screaming “THE KING IS DEAD! GUARDS! GUARDS! COME QUICK! SOMEONE HAS MURDERED THE KING.” Ruasu’s violet eyes were filled with panic as he ran into the grand ballroom. “The king had been murdered! Guards come quick!” he said once more, running out with the guards right on his heels. “Wait! What about my father!?! Father!” cried a grief stricken prince following in pursuit.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.