Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am so sorry for the long wait. My muse is dying so I have been trying to revive it.....and honestly I went on a huge nerd kick. I hope you like this chapter. This dream....(cause the story is based of a dream I had) is becoming more than I imagined which is awesome! Thank you guys so much for the feedback and comments. Also I am going to warn you. There isn’t much talking in this chapter, so the paragraphs might seemed squish. So I apologize in advance. To me it made no sense where I broke it up. So without further interruption, please enjoy the story.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Ruasu paced back and forth in his quarters, the assassination had the whole palace on pins and needles, though the tension didn't bother him as much as the aftermath.  It wasn't the fact that the Junirk prince was ruthless enough to kill his own father, it was a necessary act. Not even the fact that Ruasu had played a part in the plot, no what disturbed the violet haired Junirk was the prince's actions after the deed was done.  Vita's eyes glistened with unshed tears, as his hands clasped tightly to his would be mates hands.  To most it would have appeared that he was at a loss, though Ruasu could see that Vita's hands were clenched so tight that the human was wincing slightly  The advisor and long time friend could see that he held their hands not out of political duty, but out of necessity.  Vita was seeking comfort from his mates by clasping their hands.  When Ruasu realized that, his eyes widened as his mind tried to come up with a reason behind this sudden inclusion of the human into his inner circle.  He could understand him holding the Sato princes hand, Vita had always sought his affection.  Yet the human was only there out of necessity, so why was he seeking her touch as well?  That was what baffled him.  Ruasu stopped at his desk and picked up the manilla envelope he had just received from the team of scientists that the prince had put together two years ago.



Captain Ruasu,

Our latest findings on the plague that is affecting our people show that there are various stages and degrees involved.  The infected start to slowly lose a distinct personality, developing what we are calling an alter ego.  Though the humans have had more experience with this type of neurological disorder than us.  The books that we have acquired from earth have been very beneficial to our research.  What humans call Distinctive Identity Disorder, seems to be the closest comparison we have come to for the changes in our mental state.  The human’s definition of Dissociative Identity Disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct personality states that continually shift control over the person's behavior. With dissociative identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. This seems to indicate each personality creating its own distinct memories and eventually dividing older memories between themselves.  The "alters" or different identities each have his or her own postures, gestures, and distinctive ways of talking.  Sometimes the alters are imaginary people or animals. As each personality reveals itself and controls the individuals' behavior and thoughts, which we are calling,  "switching."  Switching can take seconds to days.  When under hypnosis, the person's different "alters" or identities may be very responsive to the therapist's requests. However though that is the definition, it really depends upon the stages if this is true.  In various experiments with the infected, they have shown signs of another personality but do not recall the events that took place.  While some maintain that it is their own thoughts, but remain delusional about the actual ideas from which it came.  The beginning stages of the disease are usually not noticeable to most, however those who know the infected best stated that they sense a strange aura.  Almost as if the victim is off from their normal behavior.  Usually the victim starts to become obsessed with an idea or person who symbolizes that idea.  Depending on the will of the Junirk and the mental strength the disease can either take months or years to become fully noticeable.  The victim's desires and personality traits also plays a key role into how the alter ego will manifest.  The alter ego seems to be based on their subconscious taking control to fulfil the desires of said infected.

 

Ruasu placed the report down his head spinning from all the information.  The report didn't tell him nearly enough, they were beginning to figure out what was happening, but not why or how to stop it.  He had a growing suspicion that the prince was starting to show signs of the disease.  It was a dangerous thought not only for him, but for the kingdom as well.  Heaven help us, he thought, as he slowly stood to make his way towards his bed.  Maybe some sleep would help clear his head.

 

Vita looked down at the small red and blue pills in his hand, feeling a migraine coming on he ordered a servant to bring him a suppressant.  His people had come to appreciate the drug, finding that if they mixed the earth drug acetaminophen with some of their own it created a compound that suppressed their growing mental abilities.  With one gulp he managed to choke the pills down, a disgusting aftertaste making his mouth feel dry.  He knew the human would still be awake even at this late hour because of her own foolish paranoia.  Vita turned on his holo computer, typing the pass code to access the security cameras he placed in both his mates room.  He focused on camera two as the human female came into view. She sat on the floor with what looked like books strewn about her feet. There was no doubt in Vita's mind that the books were Aza's doing since he rarely spent time with her to know what she might like. Vita tilted his head to the side, the painful throbbing in his head receding. The human wasn’t beautiful, and surely not as gifted as many others of her species.  Still though there was something he couldn’t ignore about her.  He wanted to consume the warmth that made up her aura.  When he would watch Aza and her interact it drove something into his chest, a deep desire he couldn’t ignore.  He desired the affection of Aza more than anything but now something was driving him to desire the human as well.  

 

Vita growled low in his chest, as the human stretched her hands high above her head.  She was trying to stay awake, but seemed to be failing as she slouched even more at the book that sat in her lap.  Though it had only been a day since his father's death, he could still remember the warmth of both her hand and Aza's in his own.  Their combined warmth was comforting as he gave his rushed speech to all the occupants at the ball.  He had no real regrets for killing his father.  He knew that he had killed his father but the actual memory of the event was hazy, only his father's surprised and anguished face as the life faded from his eyes remained clear to him.  Vita snapped out of his wandering thoughts, the human's slight movement to lay down on the floor causing him to come crashing back into reality.  Surely she won't just go to sleep right their, thought the Junirk with slight amusement.  When the human began snoring loudly on the floor he leaned back from his chair with a sigh, the foolishness of this creature amazed him but he couldn't help but wonder at his fascination over her.  Pushing himself up he decided to go to her in person to further explore the strange feelings coursing through him.

 

It only took moments for the blue haired Junirk to be at the female’s door.  The guard that stood by saluted to him, as he spoke  “My prince do you wish to enter?” the guard asked.  The prince nodded his head silently as the guard turned the key and stepped aside letting the prince enter the room.  Vita looked to the still figure on the floor, sleeping deeply with her arms wrapped around a stack of books.  Softly closing the door behind him, he simply watched from his spot across the room.  Slowly stepping closer, his footsteps light as he approached the female.  Still she slept on not heedful of her surroundings her face slack with a peaceful expression upon it. Vita sighed as he carefully scooped her up and carried her towards the bed.  Laying her down he let his mind wonder, she exuded warmth a real sense of humanity that was present only on earth and in his mothers eyes.  That thought caused Vita to pause and look at the female that laid in front of him.  She reminded him of his mother, a rarity among the Junirk race his mother expected nothing but gave everything in return.  An when she was killed he felt a deep sorrow that shouldn't have been present piercing deeply into his very existence.  After all women were nothing more than tools to be used and abused.  That is what had been drilled into his head, but yet he couldn’t take it into his heart.  Vita knew that their was something wrong with him, his planet didn't exude warmth or kindness but yet when he watched the video feed from the scouts of earth they showed him what his people lacked.  Both the Sato and Junirk had no real family structure, the Sato focused on earning the right for what you have.  While the Junirk had a more feudal style of inheritance.  Neither saw a reason for bonds except out of convenience or alliances.  So Vita had a desire to end all the pain and to obtain something warm.  He wasn’t sure but something in his mind kept telling him to keep striving.  All Vita could remember was that one instant when Aza had laughed softly and carefree.  In that instant since his mother died he was able to feel more than contempt for the life he lived.  Vita shook his head, trying to rid his mind of melancholy thoughts.  His mind though eased of pain would not stray from his racing thoughts.  He was jealous of the way she could be so open and warm.  An when he saw Aza changing from his usual cold indifference to something real, more alive and aware of himself then he could ever hope to bring out.  It made him want to attain her, consume her very warmth in hope of bringing that laugh once more.  Still he wanted her now, the way she can easily put herself out there and not regard herself as anything more than what she was. The Junirk prince realized that the human that he wanted to include in his life was nothing more than an awkward, clueless little girl in a woman’s body.


Vita scowled as he placed his hand to his head, it was starting to ache the pounding beginning to come on so strongly that he could feel the veins in his forehead pulsing. The suppressant must be wearing off he thought before he glanced about the room.  He needed to take her shopping, and since Aza wasn't going to be at the palace for the next two days he supposed he should.  Maybe even try to get to know her better. The Junirk scoffed at the idea of getting to know her, the pounding in his head growing more aggressive.  Vita scrunched up his nose in distaste, their was nothing he wanted from her, but in the back of his mind he heard a faint chuckle.  A soft malice filled voice whispering into his mind, you keep telling yourself that,  we know what you really desire.  He glared at her sleeping form once more, before he stood and left her to her dreams.






Chapter End Notes:

I hope this wasn't to hard to follow. Please review and tell me what you think.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.