Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know I am taking too long with updates and for that I apologize. Its gotta be super annoying. cause with any Sci-fi you can get confused if you aren't kept up to date. Believe me I know....one of my fave writers takes about a year to five to get her book out. Anyways I just want to say thank you for all the reviews, the super mean alot to me. Also I want to say that this story is hard...not in a sense of writing but in a sense of just how much personal this is to me. I mean this story does mean so much to me because all my characters have something that is a part of me. It could be my flaws, what I admire, or maybe what I am striving to be as a human. This story is about slow love under circumstances that couldn't be helped. I think that is what love is all about. Finding that happiness within what life has dealt you and grasping it with your hands, hoping it doesn't fade. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Carla slowly came awake as she felt the carriage come to a stop, sleep still clouding her vision as she tried to focus.  Looking across from her she finally realized that she had dozed off while in the carriage with the Junirki prince.  Letting out a squeak of surprise she curled back into her seat.  The Junirki’s eyes opened quickly, the noise startling him.  Slowly he stretched as he sat up, “Good we have arrived, give me a moment to gather my thoughts and we will depart.” Reaching into his pocket he took out a small bottle and shook it into his palm.  A small capsule came out, and Vita quickly downed the pill.  Reaching over he pushed open the door and called out, “Kavitak, Seaya assist my mate,” Vita said as he stepped down to the ground.


    Carla’s eyes widened as she was helped to the ground, a massive square surrounded by what seemed liked randomly placed buildings on three sides.  Every building was different like someone had taken ideas from all over Earth and what she could only assume was alien design and thrown it all together.  There was even a log cabin sitting in the shadow of what looked like a copy of the empire state building.  Vita noticed her staring at the disparate buildings surrounding them.  “When we came to this planet we lived on the transport ships until we had established a base, so all of our people built their homes to there own designs,” he said as he walked towards one of the many winding streets twisting through the city.  Carla shook her head as she reached up to pinch her cheek.

“Nope not dreaming” the human girl sighed in defeat.  It was going to be a long day, she thought.

 

“Hurry up,” Kavitak snapped, while Seaya grabbed her wrist and drug her toward where Vita stood waiting.  Seaya bowed slightly as he let go of Carla’s wrist, letting the prince place Carla’s hand on his elbow.

 

“Come on the shop we need to go too is only about a block away,” Vita said, as he started walking.  Carla gulped slightly, but was grateful that she wasn't shaking from the fear she felt.  Chancing a glance toward the Junirki prince, shifting her eyes quickly toward the ground when they caught his.  “Okay lets be off then.” Vita commanded, as he began to walk.  Carla on occasion would try to steal a glance at his face trying to gage his mood better.  Carla could tell that his pace was slower than usual, from when she had been in his presence before.  Was he trying to put her at ease by walking to a pace that matched her, she wondered.  She shook her head, snapping herself out of that delusional thought.  His words from earlier ringing back into her ears, ‘You are our breeding stock bitch’.  An with those words she turned away from him and kept her head straight on their destination, as she let her anger and resentment lead her deep into thoughts of the past five years. She failed to notice the Junirki prince who kept looking down to her with what some might call concern. Vita tugged her closer to his side snapping Carla out of her trance like state and turning her head to look at the alien.  “We are here,” he stated.

 

Carla turned her attention to the rather large building that stood before them.  There wasn’t anything too distinctive about the building other than it was massive. The building stood at ground level with large windows near the top.  Adjusting her glasses she cocked a brow in thought.  “What is this place” she asked, her eyes still lingering on the entrance.

 

“It is what you might call back on Earth, a flea-market,” replied the prince.  Many Satos and Junirkis were going in and out of the building.  Then to Carla’s surprise a young blue haired looking Junirki female stepped out into her view. The human’s mouth opened and closed then opened again, as the thought of actually seeing one of the female aliens.  Her inner rage came out as righteous anger took over her rational thoughts.  

 

“What the...you have got to be kidding me.  You do have females...” she said in an accusing tone, turning to glare at Vita.  The Junirki prince scowled down at her, but before he could explain the stupid human continued to rant on.  “You don’t fucking need me! Hell yeah! Hurry up and pick one of them,” she all but cheered, a wide grin on her face.  Though usually she would be afraid to even look the dark blue haired Junirki in the eye, but her anger was fueling her courage to glare at the alien that held her life in his hands.

 

Vita glared down to the ignorant female that stood before him.  Her eyes had narrowed and were shooting daggers at him.  He felt her anger and resentment bash as his mind like waves on the beach.  “Aza hasn’t told you much has he? Of course there are still some Junirki females, just as there are some unmutated Satos.  An before you even ask why we came, it is because there weren't enough females to go around.  Our numbers have dwindled down exponentially and the invasion was a way for us to bring our numbers back up quickly.  Also the invasion was able to supply us with many females since your world ratio consisted of more females,” snapped Vita growing tired of her attitude.  The human female said nothing for a moment, before she licked her lips nervously.

 

“Then where are the other humans?” she asked softly.  Vita was taken aback by her question, instead of answering her he simply bent low and whispered,

 

“I do not answer to you.”  Standing up he let her arm go, watching it fall to her side before he turned to the two attendants who had been anxiously watching.  “Take her to get her clothes and anything else she might need.  I will be gone for two hours or so, make sure to meet up at this entrance in three if I have not found you,“ Vita said, before he turned and walked past the small crowd that had gathered around the royal couple.

 

She watched Vita disappear farther down the street until he turned a corner.  When he wasn’t in her sight anymore, causing her to try an swallow an invisible lump that formed in her throat. She was starting to wish for him to come back, at least she knew his motives. Turning to look into the scowling alien faces, her own feelings shifting from anger to uncertainty.  Feeling a hand placed upon her shoulder, Carla turned to look into golden eyes that had narrowed in agitation.  Oh god I am screwed.  Vita come back! He can’t kill me if you're here, she silently screamed to herself.  Though she didn’t speak any of that out loud only letting out a nervous laugh. “Come on.  We need to do as we are commanded.”  Kavitak turned as he spoke, expecting her to follow.  Seaya grabbed her wrist as she dragged the human toward the entrance.

 

“Am I in trouble?” she whispered. Seaya stopped and turned to look at her, a wide smile on his face as he said,

 

“Of course” in a happy tone.  Carla groaned as Seaya grabbed her hand again and continued on towards the ‘flea market’.

 

The flea market was noisy and crowded, much like markets or malls back on Earth. Instead of tables there were small booth like shops that three people could fit in.  She felt nervous as Kavitak and Seaya dragged her down past many booths.  Seaya kept a tight grip on her, his grip bruising her skin. Still though she was grateful for the pain, it helped keep her mind of the heated glares and indifferent looks from the other aliens as most parted for them to pass. Stopping in front of a booth that had a small sign that said ‘Yaze’s Designs’.  Kavitak stepped into the booth and started speaking in a foreign language.  Carla glanced over to Seaya who just smiled ambiguously.  The human girl blinked, inwardly wishing that she could read him even just a little bit.  Quickly turning her head away from the cyan haired Sato, to the loud argument that was taking place in the small booth.  The Sato next to her sighed, letting Carla’s wrist go he stepped into the booth with the other two and tried to intervene.  Carla was stunned that he would leave her alone, mind you he was only a couple of feet away. Did she dare to try and leave? Where would she go, and also wouldn’t she get in trouble for doing so.  Kavitak would probably kill her and Seaya would only smile as he handed that golden haired lunatic attendant the tools to do so. An if the two attendants didn’t kill her then of course her soon to be mate will surely find a way to make her life hell or do her in.  So yet she asked herself once more, did she dare? Slowly so as to not draw suspicion to herself Carla inched back and let the massive wave of aliens hide her decent into its depths.

 

Vita growled low in his throat, his hand coming up to brush dark blue bangs from his golden eyes.  He had taken a short walk to try and cool down from the darkening rage that nipped at the corners of his mind.  He was angry that she would push him onto another like that and humiliated that she did it in front of so many of his people.  Maybe Ruasu was right, he grumbled to himself in irritation. He looked at the market's entrance before he took a deep calming breath and entered.  Most Junirki royalty or nobles wouldn’t usually come to such a place without guards, but ever since the treaty most grudges and customs had been put on hold for the moment.  The Junirki and Sato were now starting to become stable and the prince hoped that with his upcoming bonding ceremony he and all three races would find away to coexist. Some of the remaining nobles and even some Sato wanted to go back to how they used to do things back on Fitiri, but the Junirki prince knew that if he allowed that then they would find themselves back in the same war.  An this time there would be no way to save them from their foolish blunder.  He knew that there were some humans that resisted, but soon all those that opposed would be weeded out.  The Satork Empire would eventually enter into a peaceful coexisting age. So wrapped up in the thoughts of the future that Vita didn’t notice when he had arrived at the tailor shop that he liked to order clothes from. A angry looking Junirki and annoyed looking Sato stood arguing in front of the clothes shop. Though what really caught Vita’s attention was not the fact of both of their distressed looks, but the fact that there was a human absent among the duo. Quickening his pace so that he stood in front of the bickering pair.  “Kavitak....Seaya....Where is my mate?” he breathed out, his tone calm though he felt anything but.  The two attendants turned toward the composed voice.  Both eyes widening, as cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Kavitak opened his mouth to speak, but Seaya beat him to it

 

“My liege.  It is my blunder, I had taken my eyes off of her but a moment to assist Kavita with the arrangement of the princess’s clothes.  I thought that she wouldn’t be foolish enough to run off in unknown territory,” the cyan haired Sato said in a meek tone.  Vita glared at Seaya, the earlier anger he felt resurfacing almost threatening to consume his mind.  He banished those dark thoughts before they could completely take hold of his being. Turning to look at the attendents,

 

“The fault is mine as well. I had left her without my guidance and though I felt her anxiety I had chosen to ignore it.  I did not think my mate such a fool to go running off without knowledge of her whereabouts,” Vita replied in a monotone voice.  Kavitak and Seaya bowed slightly.

 

“No your highness.  It was our mistake for not watching your chosen more closely.” Kavitak apologized softly.  Vita turned from the duo, and simply commanded

 

“We must find her before she gets into some serious trouble.”  He hurried, quickly leaving the two to go search for his troublesome mate.

 

Carla kept her head down as she turned a corner.  She had been trying to find the exit, while maintaining a low profile, but was getting nowhere fast.  Glancing up to see the entrance of the market, her inward self doing a small dance of joy at seeing the exit.  Only a couple more feet she whispered to herself.   Stopping in her tracks at the sight of a pissed off looking Vita and two equally angry looking attendants from hell. Turning to quickly lose herself in a approaching crowded, she ducked her head even lower. She saw a small hallway between two booths off to the right, that seemed to have less people coming or going through it.  Maybe its another way out, she thought happily.  Weaving her way over toward the small hall, she stole a short glance over her shoulder and carefully slipped down the hall.  The hall itself wasn’t long, and so Carla quickly found herself in what had to be considered a food venders. All sorts of carts and smells invaded her senses as she took in the sight of the colorfully decorated carts. The human girl glanced around until her eyes caught sight of a blond boy who she presumed was human. He sat at one of the many benches, slowly shoving what looked like a hotdog into his mouth. At least that is what she hoped, as her stomach growled from hunger.  Shaking her head to snap herself out of her sidetracked thoughts.  Before she could rush over there and tackle what she hope was her fellow man, her brain decided to toss out a disheartening tidbit that stopped her in her tracks. Most of the aliens she had encountered had either odd hair or eye color, so in order to tell she would have to get closer. Biting her lip in indecision before she took a carefully took a step forward.  Upon reaching closer she could now see that the boy wore a black collar around his neck, that held some small weird box on the front. His simple black shirt and brown pants tucked into dark brown boots made Carla think of some fantasy game characters she used to play. His hair was tied back at the nape of his neck, with long bangs that framed his face.  The ebony skinned human grinned slightly, he was really cute.  Carla was caught of guard when his hazel eyes met her mahogany ones. Oh god I am in trouble, was her panicked thought as they made eye contact.  Wait a second her mind interrupted her inward panic attack, she had never seen any of the aliens have brown eyes or even hazel. So maybe he was human? The boy patted the seat next to him, indicating that she was invited to sit. Carla obeyed the silent command and sat down next to the stranger.  The boy didn’t turn to her or even look at her as he spoke.

 

“Its kinda rare to see another human at the market. I mean I got captured right at the beginning of the war and was sold to be basically slave labor to my master.  So I haven’t seen many other humans around.  My owner is  here shopping, I don’t know why he insists on taking me, when he just makes me sit in the food court.  Oh yeah by the way what is your name?” he asked.  Carla’s eyes widened in surprise.  She wasn’t expecting him to start talking like they were old friends catching up.  Though if she thought about it too hard maybe he was rambling because he was lonely for human companionship.  She shook her head to snap herself out of her confused state as she said,

 

“My name is Starshine Carla Johnson.”  Turning to look at the boy, he turned his gaze toward her eyes narrowing them into dagger slits.

 

“I know that name.  Your are supposed to be those aliens mate,” he growled out.  Carla was stunned that he knew who she was, but before she could say anything the boy started to shake in visible anger.  “So how does it feel to be a princess.  I see you don’t have to wear a slave color like I do, must be nice to not have to worry about rations or fearing punishment. Though now that I think of it I should feel sorry for you.  After all to these aliens the women are nothing more than breeding stock to be bought and traded.  I wonder how long you will last your highness,” he said bitterly.  His words were like a cold bucket of water being poured on Carla’s heart, as tears started to well up in her eyes.  Turning away from him as she tried to will herself not to cry.  Blinking once more, her head turning towards him. She stretched out her hand and said the only thing she could think of,

 

“I am sorry.”  She paused for a moment before she continued on in a trembling voice.  “I am so sorry. It must be hard to bear such a heavy burden. You must be sad and lonely.  I know it is, because even though you say I am a princess I sure as hell don’t feel like one.  They treat me like dirt, insult me and talk down like I am some three year old in need of a good lecture.” Carla said growling near the end.  Silent tears started to run down her face, then all the emotions she had tried to suppress were starting to get to her. “You have no right to assume anything about me.  Just like I have no right to assume that I understand what you have been through.  Still though can we just please be happy and take comfort in the fact that we are seeing another human after so long,” Carla stated sadly, her hand moving towards his.  Her tears were falling harder as she tried to keep her sobs quiet.  The boy was quiet as his hazel eyes  looked down towards her hand on the bench.  He let his hand grip hers tightly in what he hoped was a comforting gesture.


“I am sorry.  I shouldn’t have placed my anger on you.  I am just a temperamental type of guy.  By the way my name is Tyler Robert Gale.  You have a lovely name.” Tyler whispered. The human girl chuckled softly, her tears decreasing.  A warm feeling started to grow in her chest, her head turning to give Tyler a small friendly smile.  He returned her smile with one of his own. Carla turned head back down to the ground and said nothing more as she kept grabbing his hand like a lifeline. Among the sea of uncertainty and unfriendly people, It was so good to find some illusion that she could call a comfort of home.






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. Please review and tell me what you think.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.