Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So um...sorry it's so late. An I know everything is going to slow, but believe me I am trying! Anyways thank you all for your reviews, they really help and make me press on. So without further delay, as always please tell me what you think!. Thanks again! Have a happy thanksgiving.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The water’s soothing warmth, surrounded Carla’s body like a security blanket.  She soaked contentedly at the moment in the large jacuzzi tub, as if she didn't have a care in the world.  You would never have known that just moments ago she was busy giving a very rude and hostile alien a verbal smack down.  Along with an actual physical one right to his cheek.  Carla fumed with all the anger she could muster in her being. “Damn bastard.” she grumbled, bringing her hands up to lather soap on her arms. Thoughts of righteous anger consuming her. What the hell is his problem? Does he think just because he is a prince he can do whatever the heck he pleases!?, she thought sourly. The memory of how hurt the prince was when she slapped him, playing in her mind.

 

When Carla finally realized that she had been placed on the floor of the ridiculously huge pristine bathroom, her mind had suddenly snapped.  A fire that had steadily been growing was about to be unleashed upon the unsuspecting victim that was her tormentor.  “Who the hell do you think you are?” she screamed at the Sato prince’s back.  Her body shooting up to take a defensive stance.  Carla’s blood started to boil well beyond a point of no return, as the alien just ignored her and filled up the large bath tub that could fit five people side by side.  “Damnit! You turn around right now! I am talking to you.” the human shouted once more.  Her breath heaving in dramatic gasps, she felt completely out of her element.  Never in her life being this angry, she felt empowered and yet horrified.  Aza turned to look at her with an amused smile on his face.  Carla was taken back by his expression finding it almost sweet that he could smile at her, yet doing nothing but pissing her off even more. The human woman wanted nothing more than to wipe that damn smirk off his face. So without even thinking about it she marched over and stood before him.  “What are you complaining about now idiot?” the prince said with mirth.  Aza didn’t say anything but his smile only grew, as if he was teasing her.  Well she had enough and was going to show him. Today right at that moment she was going to take a stand.  So with all her might she brought her hand up and slapped the arrogant prince right across his cheek.  She watched as his eyes widen in surprise and her hand trembled, as she brought it down to her side.  “I am so sick of these games and your attitude.  I have a name you jerk so use it from now on.  My name is Carla. C-A-R-L-A!” she spelled out.  She was in a mild state of shock herself.  Carla had never hit anyone on purpose and with such force.  So she was in a state of loss, as Aza brought up his hand to touch his cheek.  He looked lost and vulnerable which curved Carla’s anger down to mild irritation.  Before Carla could even mutter a word, the prince turned and marched out the bathroom leaving her alone.

 

She felt the need to apologize, but she knew she was in the right. I mean there's only so much verbal abuse and harassment a girl can take.  Still though you didn’t have to slap him to prove your point her mind interjected.  “Oh shut up.” she grumbled at herself.  Great now I am losing my mind.  Carla shook her head to clear her thoughts. Her eyes narrowing at the wall as she vowed silently to herself.  From this day forth I am going to change and make a stand.  I am not going to be some weak little girl anymore.  It was time to grow up, but yet it would be easier said than done.  She never had a reason to grow up so much, but circumstances were forcing her to change and adapt to the situation at hand.  Still though no one has to deal with a moody temperamental prince, nor does anyone have to deal with a psychotic bipolar prince, whose personality is either one extreme or another.  A sigh escaped her, at the depressing thoughts. So instead of dwelling she simply closed her eyes and cleared her mind.

 

The Sato prince rubbed his sore cheek, as he winced slightly in pain.  He was still shocked by how hard Carla had hit him when her mind had finally caught up to her.  Aza was deeply confused by her reaction.  He had merely treated her the same as he had always treated her.  He even started treating her better than when they had first met, at least that is what he thought.  He was still stunned by her aggression towards him, but also found it rather interesting to see her starting to grow a backbone it seemed.  As much as her assault had pained him, the Sato couldn’t help but give a slight smile.  The human was certainly full of surprise. Aza sighed and dismissed anymore thoughts of the vexing human.  He had wandered around aimlessly after the incident with Carla and now could focus clearly at where he was.  Aza eyed the large wooden doors in surprise, as he realized where he had finally ended up.  He stood outside of Vita’s study, he knew he needed to tell the Junirki prince of the new circumstances, but he hesitated.  Aza didn’t know what exactly Vita would do.  Maybe everyone already knew except for him, after all his family wasn’t particularly close.  So maybe he was making a big deal out of nothing.  However if Vita didn’t know, then the prince could say the Sato were withholding information.  Causing friction which could lead to the disintegration of the treaty, and could cause another war to brew.  If that was the case where would that leave everyone.  Where would that leave his idiotic human?  Would she die in the war he brought about? Could he even protect her?  Aza paused in his thoughts, the realization that he was starting to more than tolerate or even like.  Still though he refused to let the word love enter his mind.  However he could admit that as much as he tried to deny it, he knew in his heart that he had feelings for her.  So now that he stood at the door of truth, should he simply ignore all like his family assumed he would, or should he risk starting another war?  The choice stood before him at this very moment, turn back and risk being assassinated later on.  Or should he sacrifice a frail peace for his own survival.  Aza’s eyes hardened, and with a trembling hand he opened the door and stepped into Vita’s study.



    Vita sat slumped at his desk head in his hand as if one of the headaches he was plagued with was coming on.  Hearing the door open he turned to berate whoever had invaded his privacy, seeing that it was Aza he leaned back in his chair with a sigh confused that he would approach him without  being summoned, “ Hello Aza I was just thinking of you,” he said while rising to his feet.

    “ I have some pressing information that I felt couldn't wait General,” Aza said as he closed the door behind him and took a seat in one of the chairs beside the desk.

“I suppose it must have been something dire if it could force you to enter my presence of your own accord,” Vita said sardonically as he flopped back down into his chair.  “ Well lets have it then, I am very busy after all.”

 

“Well as you know I have just come back from the Sato settlement were  I saw my tsuki and my little brother.”  Leaning back in his chair Aza waited to see if Vita knew about his younger brother, or if the information would be as much of a surprise to him.


    “I am fully aware that,” Vita stopped mid sentence as what Aza had said sunk in, quitely he turned to look into Aza’s eyes.  “Was the child normal?”

    “If you are asking if he can bear children then yes he is.” Aza said hurt at being reminded of his own deficiencies.  “ Which of course means he would be highly preferable as the heir over me, but with me alive that is an issue.”

    “That Bastard!”  Vita yelled as he turned and swept the papers from his desk chest heaving in anger.  “I will have him killed for withholding this from me.  This could throw us into another war that we cannot afford.”  Turning to Aza realization dawned on him at the import of these events on his future mate.  “I understand now why you came to me,  the danger this puts you in is astounding, so for the time being I must ask you to confine yourself to the palace.” the Junirki prince paused, bring his hand up to brush his bangs from his eyes. He sighed once more before he started to speak again.  “Our bonding ceremony will be taking place within the week.  However since this news had been brought to my attention I will see if we can speed it up.  I will also be assigning you bodyguards.  Now please head to Carla’s room and wait for me to summon you two. Also Aza please tell a servant to have Ruasu summoned to my study.”  Vita said hastily. Aza bowed, before he quickly exited the Junirki’s study.

Vita pace back and forth behind his desk, his body seething with anger.  He snapped his head to the door when it opened.  His eyes narrowing at Ruasu in obvious anger.  Ruasu bowed at the waist, not saying anything.  Vita nodded his head in acknowledgement at him.  The violet haired Junirki’s face gave nothing away, as he sat down on the large leather seat that was near the window.  Vita sat down at his desk, silently as well.  Making sure that his mind was shielded.  “Aza came to see me,” he said casually.  Ruasu’s eyes widened in surprise.  

 

“He came to you of his own accord?”  Ruasu asked.  Vita simply nodded, before he continued to speak

 

“Yes he wanted to tell me of his trip from the Sato settlement.” the prince said in a serious tone.  “Do you know what he told me?” he asked, not bothering to wait for a reply from his chief of security and advisor.  “Well let me tell you what he said.  The Sato prince, heir to the Sato throne, had just seen his and I quote ‘father and little brother’. An before you even ask the little brother is a normal healthy Sato child.”  Vita growled the last part out, finding saying those words left a bitter taste in his mouth.  The prince watched as Ruasu blinked several times, before his eyes narrowed.

 

“I see,” the advisor said, his voice monotone.  

 

“I presume you knew nothing of this?” the prince went on to ask.  Ruasu shook his head, his fist clenching.

 

“Of course I had no knowledge of this. Otherwise I would have brought it to your immediate attention.”  Vita nodded his head, before his hand shot up to grip his head in pain.  The prince stood and began to pace once more, deciding that Ruasu had no prior knowledge.  After all Ruasu had been his advisor and confidant for years.  So Vita was sure that Ruasu would never betray his trust, or put his mates in danger.  Still though this situation was a problem and they needed to decided what to do with this new information.  Aza could be killed at anytime, and the planet plunged into another war. Those thoughts only fueled the already blazing anger that was in Vita’s soul.  “I can not believe that backstabbing old bastard.  Spouting on about corporation and becoming a united planet for a greater good.  This could lead to another war and we could end up not only completely wiping ourselves out but also dragging along another planet,” yelled  Vita. His head was pounding, as if his mind was ready to explode.  Vita growled and brought his hands up to grip his head in pain.

 

“Your highness are you alright?” asked a curious Ruasu.  The prince didn’t say anything, before he lifted his head and turned to Ruasu his golden eyes holding what some would say was worry, before they hardened.  

 

“My mate is in danger, we are going to need to speed up the bonding ceremony.  I want the preparations done by the day after tomorrow.  Do you understand?” the prince asked in a deadly tone, his voice carrying the promise of death for any who did not obey.  Ruasu nodded his head.  Knowing that now was not the time to argue with the prince when it came to the safety of what the prince considered his.

 

“I will see that it is done your highness, but what shall we do about this new development. If it is brought to the attention of the Sato king that we know about his other heir, he will surely send someone to kill Aza.” the advisor said thoughtful.  Vita sat down at his desk, his once angry demeanor taking on a deathly calm.  Then out of nowhere the prince started to chuckle softly, that slowly grew into a demented laugh. Than as quickly as the laugh came, it was gone replaced again by small chuckles once more.

 

“Why, my dear advisor we continue on with the plan as normal.” Vita said nonchalantly.

 

“But your highness will surely be suspected of the death of the king.  I mean it will look suspicious for such a rush ceremony and then the king killed right after.  We could get away with it  being a week away, but you pushing it forward without giving everyone a reason.  Will surely raise some eyebrows.” Ruasu pointed out, hoping to reason with him.

 

“They wouldn’t dare accuse me out in the open, because now we know of their bargaining chip.  After all they can rant and rave all they want, but at the end of the day they are in no position to start another war just as we are.  So lets call their bluff. Besides with the king gone, the rest will fall in line.  I will not let any harm come to my family, nor will I let all that we have worked for be destroyed before it has even had a chance to be fully built.  You are dismissed oh and also have my mates moved to our newly constructed shared rooms.  I want bodyguards placed around the clock until the situation is neutralized.” the prince said.  Ruasu got up and bowed, turning to leave.  “Oh and Ruasu.  As for the child, we will let it live for now, but later if the child becomes a problem or wishes to do any harm to Aza.  Please do not hesitate to have him killed in the most painful way possible.” Vita said with a small twisted smile, his eyes hardening. Ruasu nodded before he said a softly,

 

“It will be as you have commanded it your highness.” the advisor said, before he left the prince to his thoughts.

 

Carla glared at her one and only tormentor who sat only four feet away on the floor.  He had his back turned to her, and body slightly hunched as he sat and read the manga that laid out before him.  When Aza had come back to the room, he didn’t even acknowledge her or say anything.  Instead the alien simply went over to a big stack of novels and manga.  Picking up a random one he simply turned his back to her and flopped to the floor.  An there he sat an hour or so later, still reading that same manga.  Obviously ignoring me.  Like I can’t see through your ruse, she thought hotly.  At first the silence was bearable, even with the tension that hung in the air, but now the quiet was starting to get to Carla.  She was going to go insane.  “Okay that is it!” screamed a very irritated Carla.


    “This is what you wanted is it not?”, looking at her over his shoulder he continued, “ I only know how to treat people two ways, since you didn't like the way I was before I’m going to treat you the way I treat the General.”  Rolling back onto his stomach he started thumbing through the manga aimlessly.

    “Your such a jerk!, you have no idea why I was upset, I just want to be treated like a person. You know maybe call me by my actual name instead of some insult.”  She yelled and jerked the manga out of his hands and threw it across the room.  Standing up silently Aza walked to the manga and checked to see if it was damaged, sighing he placed it back on the pile and went to sit down next to Carla. “ I am a living person.  What is up with this damn planet and all you messed up aliens?  Do you guys need help from Dr. phil.  God wait if I am asking for Dr. Phil’s help I must be messed up in the head?”  Carla screamed as she pulled at her hair in frustration. Feeling as if she had completely lost her mind.  Sighing she turned toward Aza, his face showing uncertainty of her actions.  Carla stared at him, seeing just how much he had changed since their paths had first crossed. The once demonic alien that was her warden now look like a lost man at sea. He was actually quite cute, her mind came to realize. A jerk nonetheless, but at least now it seemed he was trying to be a little bit more caring of her needs.

    “Idiot,” he said as he put his hand against her face and pushed her back onto the bed, smiling the entire time at her antics.  “Carla, I can’t make any promises. However I can try to be... more understanding, but I have never had the need to develop any sort of social skills.  In the future if you have a problem with my actions towards you please advise me of my mistakes and I will attempt to correct them.” Aza said as he stood and walked towards the bed and flopped down onto it.  Turning towards her, he cocked his head to the side “and by the way we are moving into our shared apartments with Aza later today so you may want to send for someone to make you a little more presentable,”. Carla was stunned and simply stared in shock. He had actually said her name and was smiling at her. A real smile, and not one of sadistic pleasure or amusement. Just a smile, as if he was happy to be talking to her. She nodded her head still completely dazed, while she felt her heart quickening in her chest.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.