Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please forgive me that this chapter is late. Seriously I hate the flu it derails everything whenever you get sick. I am still not feeling 100% but I wanted to get this chapter out. So now my whole plans for the week got shot, but enough of my rambling. As always review and tell me what you think. Thanks for all your support!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Tripping over her feet again as she was dragged down the hallway by her new bodyguards that acted more like jailor’s, she cried out and sank to the ground in sheer frustration.  Why wouldn't they tell her what was going on moving to new apartments shouldn't be so frantic.  Looking over at Aza she was confused by the grim look on his face, she had never seen this much emotion showing and it was really scary.  Hearing swift footsteps approaching from behind her she felt her heart leap into her throat as Vita’s voice rang out behind her.  “What is going on here and why is my mate on the ground!”

“I apologize my lord, but she has been very uncooperative and has fallen to the ground several times,” the guard sank to the ground fearing repercussions.  

“Thats not true you were going to fast, I couldn't keep up,” Carla snapped.  Taking a deep breath so she could ask for an explanation she was stopped cold when Vita scooped her up into his arms and turned to the Guards.

“Since the simple task of escorting my mates to our new quarters was too much for you, you are dismissed report yourself to Ruasa as soon as we arrive at our quarters.”  Turning dismissively away from them he swiftly strode down the hallways soon arriving at a set of large double doors, placing Carla back on her feet gently  he pushed open the doors revealing a large living area with a hallway leading away in the back of the room.  “These will be our new quarters, this is the common area I have had rooms prepared for you Carla your’s will be the first doors down the hallway Aza’s is next and mine is at the end of the hallway.  Off to the right is our shared bedroom and a shared bathroom as well.”  Striding across the room he took a seat on one of the couches and gazed at his future mates, waiting for them to take everything in.

Carla walked into the room looking about nervously not sure what Vita would think was appropriate for a living room.  She was surprised at how ordinary it was, ‘where are all the torture devices,’ she thought while she stared at the beige carpeting and leather sectional couch.  There was a large television and shelf filled with a bunch of movies and board games like he had seen a living room in a movie and copied it.  Vita’s words finally came through to her as she finished her examination of the room.  “ What we have to sleep in the same bed!?”

“Of course, I do understand that we all have separate needs and interests but I do feel that we need to spend more time together to solidify our bond.  So our meals as well as our beds will be shared from here on out,” Vita stated.  “I will not have this become a problem and I fully expect both of you to come willingly when I summon you.  Other than that you are both free to pursue your own interests, if you need anything that is not already provided please come to me and I will have it arranged.”  Standing up swiftly he grabbed her hands and pulled them towards the hallway.  “I am very proud of the arrangements I had made for your individual quarters,” he said as he almost dragged them down the hallway.  Stopping at the first door he pulled Carla against him as he opened up the doorway and pulled them inside.

‘oh my gosh!’ Carla thought as the doorway opened to reveal a room straight out of her imagination.  Looking around the room she couldn't believe she was on an alien planet because it was like everything she had ever wanted before the invasion had been transported into one place.  The room was a huge circle with large bookshelves and couches around the edges filled with different things from earth.“It’s wonderful,” was all she could say as she ran her hands across the rows of books and videos she had always wanted.

“I know the colors are very jarring but I had Ruasa and Kavitak question a large number of earth woman about the design of the room and also the furnishings to include and apparently girls of your age are obsessed with anything pink or purple.” he said with resignation.

Pulling herself away from all the reminders of home scattered around the room she picked up a stuffed penguin as she turned back to the door where Vita was waiting. Even if the colors were something she wouldn’t pick in a million years, it was still wonderful to be in a room filled with things that she could be familiar with. Then that led her to the thoughts of why is he doing all this?   ‘He is so confusing is he actually trying to get on my good side, He must actually be crazy to do all this.  He’s got to be up to something he already owns me afterall he doesn't have to win my affection.  Who am I kidding this is wonderful even if its still a cage at least I can finally finish watching all these movies before he murders me.’  Smiling at Vita she said, “I love it, it’s just like being home again.”  Which startled Aza and Vita both since she was usually so brash about anything that had to do with her.

“I am so pleased that you appreciate this, now if we can move on I am growing weary and would like to retire shortly,” grasping the doorframe as he turned to leave the room he felt the all too familiar stirrings of another headache coming on.  Taking their hands once again he led them to Aza’s rooms and pushed the doors open more forcefully.  “I used the same basic layout as Carlas quarters since you both seem to share many interests,” he said a bitter edge creeping into his cheerful tone.  Carla cocked her head to the side at Vita’s tone, but didn’t comment on it. She knew when to keep her mouth shut, sometimes and this was one of them.  She looked into Aza’s room which as Vita had said was basically the same layout as hers, except his room was dark blue. The bookshelf’s consisted of nothing but books and in the far right was a little nook that held a built in desk. A chair was tucked in under the desk and piles of more books were on top. Carla’s eyes popped at the site of all the books, she had no idea that Aza liked to read that much. She would have to ask him about that later she thought. Turning to look at the Sato prince who had quietly walked past her and Vita to look at his new surroundings. A small smile was on his lips as he looked at all the books. He looked to relaxed and at peace within the walls that would be his new home. Was he happy, she wanted to ask him. Still though she kept her tongue not wanting to ruin the mood, he was in such a grim mood only moments before that in all honesty she didn’t have to heart to disturb him. Averting her eyes from the serene looking scene she turned towards Vita. His gaze was intense and brows furrowed in concentration, as he looked on towards the Sato prince in almost a worried sense. That expression caught her off guard, he looked so nervous. Then as if struck by lighting it dawned on her, Vita wanted their approval. The Junirki prince turned to look at her, his eyes widening in embarrassment. Though as quick as his flustered look came, it was quickly replaced with one of confusion. “Is there something on my face?”, he asked. Carla shook her head, a small laugh escaping her. She was finding this whole situation a little overwhelming, but all she could do at the moment was laugh.

    "Are you alright?” they both asked in union, causing the human woman to be consumed in a fit of giggles. Her hands came out waving, as tears formed at the corner of her eyes.

    "I’m good. I’m good!” she bellowed out, her breath finally settling. “The rooms are wonderful wouldn’t you agree Aza.” she beamed, turning to look from one confused alien to the other. Since he put all the effort into making the rooms for them, the least she could do is show her appreciation. An also she really wasn’t interested in upsetting him at that particular moment. She watched as Vita smiled at her, a look of pride crossing his face. While poor Aza simply nodded really unsure how he should react to the situation. “Can we see your room now?” Carla went on to ask. The Junirki frowned, his head shaking quickly from side to side.

    "No you may not see my room at this moment. Now if you'll excuse me I have some business to attend too. We will be having our first evening meal together tonight. Kavitak will be coming shortly to help you two get dressed and to escort you both to our dining chambers.” Vita said quickly, turning to leave his two bewildered mates behind.

    “Okay that was weird.” Carla said turning to give Aza a quizzical look. The Sato prince just shrugged and turned to head towards one of the book shelfs. Plucking a book off the shelf he went and sat down on the couch. Looking towards Carla he patted the cushion next to him. Carla cocked a brow at him, but decided not to say anything. Walking over she sat down next to him. She gasped softly, when Aza placed his arms around her shoulders and brought her in close. Okay this is new, she thought. Deciding not to fight against it and just let him hold her, as he started to read the book out loud to her. At least he was keeping his word and trying.


    Vita turned to lock the door that was to be his room. It was against his nature to make such a hasty retreat but he just wasn’t ready to let them into his private life. If he was being honest with himself he was a bit hesitant to show even his mates his likes and dislikes. Would they make fun of him or would they come to not respect him, kept running through his mind. He gave a quick once over at the sanctuary he had built for himself. The walls were a soft cream color that had various colorful framed artwork on it. In the corner was a large oak desk, with a desk chair tucked under it. One wall had a fifty inch television, with a spacious leather couch in front of it. On the far side of the room was a large black bookshelf that was filled with movies. Most of the movies being romantic comedies or comedies.The pounding that was in his head was starting to grow worse as his anxiety started to grow. He had to calm down soon became his motto, moving over to the desk that had his suppressants on it. Quickly shaking one into his hand, he down it without even a glass of water. The pill feeling dry as he forced it down his throat. Vita was so tired and his mind was so weary that all he could do is drag himself over to the couch.  He grabbed the remote and plopped down onto the couch. Switching the tv on and starting the movie from where he had last left off, he let himself simply relax.


    Everything had been going good, ever since Vita had disappeared.  Aza had read to her which in turn had made her pass out like a baby.  Only to be shaken awake by the one who had help pacify her into slumber.  “Hey. Kavitk’s here to help you get dressed,” Aza said through his hand, while trying to stifle a yawn. That bit of news caused Carla’s foggy mind to quickly clear up, as she glanced over to the door.  Her brown eyes meeting his glaring golden gaze.

    “If you will please come with me. We can prepare for tonight’s dinner,” Kavitk said through tight lips. Turning to head out of the room. Carla was hesitant to go but with a reluctant sigh she pushed herself off the couch and quietly followed the Junirki out the room. She felt her heart thumping loudly in her chest, as she stepped into her new room where Kavitk was taking a light blue dress off of a traveling wardrobe. She shut the door and cleared her throat, unsure of what she should do or say. So instead she went to the other side of the room, before she decided to finally speak.

    "So....um....I haven’t see you in a while. How have you been?” the human woman asked in an awkward tone. Wishing that she had kept her mouth shut when the Junirki’s ears dropped and he turned to snarl at her.

     “I don’t think that is any of your concern human. Do you know that because of your idiocy that Seaya was gravely injured.” Kavitk spat. Stepping towards her, his hands clenched tightly into fists. “I knew your species was stupid and selfish, though the prince says that your kind is not. However from your actions and the results they brought about upon me and Seaya prove otherwise.  The princes can always find another bitch.”  Carla tried to shrink away from the enraged Junirki, but her back had hit the bookshelf so now she was stuck.  

     “Look...I am sorry okay. I didn’t know what would happen.  I just...I just wanted to be away from all of you.” she spoke truthfully, trying to muster up all the courage she could.  She was truly sorry for what had happened to Seaya but she wasn't going to let Kavitk try and intimidate her. She was starting to get sick of being pushed around.  “Now you look here dammit.  I am very sorry for what happened to Seaya! I would never wish that upon anyone, and I told Vita that it was my fault and not his. I am not some stupid child who needs to be watched over and if you think about it of course I would try to run for it! I am trapped on a planet with a bunch of condescending jerks who seemed to skip some years in their own mental development.  Unable to Express their own damn feelings beyond arrogance or anger.”  Carla heaved out, a feeling of pride washing over her. She had finally said what she had been wanting to say to the rude attendant since she had met him. Soon though that pride was replaced by fear as she felt her back hit the bookshelf. Sending pain racing up and down her spine.

    “How dare you! How dare you say such things you, pitiful excuse of a species. An to think his highness wants to actually make you his mate instead of just the little submissive bitch you ought to be, it makes me sick. Your kind doesn’t deserve citizenship, since none of you have even learned what your place is yet. Your selfish actions could have gotten him killed. You could have killed him!” the blond Junirki growled out, before released her. His fist clenching and unclenching at his side. Carla looked to the visibly shaking Kavitk with not only anger for him hurting her, but also some sympathy. The Junirki was scared of losing someone he considered important to him, and needed someone to be mad at. Though now she thought about it, his anger was really misplaced. No matter, she would extend her hand out and try to offer an olive branch of peace. After all it wouldn’t hurt to get more people on her side and honesty has started paying off so far. So maybe she could afford to be honest with her feelings with the angry attendant.  Letting out a soft sigh, before she brought her hand out to take his own.

    “I’m sorry. Please believe me. I have been wanting to say that to Seaya and ask for his forgiveness. This place is just so new and different and I am all alone in this place. I am scared and also you two haven’t been the most helpful or compassionate beings I have been around. So maybe we can try to understand each other and get along, because it looks like we are going to be stuck with each other for awhile.” the human woman said with a soft smile. Kavitk looked to the dark skin human who had seemed to have changed right before his eyes. Like most of his people, he found her race nothing more than a necessary tool to be used. Instead of exploiting his moment of weakness she simply shrugged it off as a natural occurrence. Clumsy and dim witted she could be, but there was something there that just grabbed your attention. Kavitk wasn’t sure if all humans were like this or maybe she was just a special case. Maybe this is what the prince was talking about when he said that we could learn something from this conquered race. Now though he could maybe see why the princes were starting to find her and even her race somewhat appealing.






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.