Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Let me apologize in advance for the text, it seems to be doing something weird. Sorry it is so short and sorry I've been gone so long. Hopefully I will be able to pick up the pace soon. Anyways thank you for all your support. Please review and tell me what you think. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Carla had thought that they could start fresh, and maybe get along, but it was impossible.    The apprehensive look that was on Kavitak’s face was soon replaced by a hard look, a snarl escaping from his pursed lips.  “Do you honestly think I will fall for that!  You despicable creature!” Kavitak yelled as his hand came up to tightly grip her shoulders.  Feeling her body begin to shake in fear she tried to shrink away from his grasp but he simply gripped her tighter.  “I detest your kind, but I’ve grown to loathe you even more than your pitiful excuse for a race.”  Carla tried to speak but the words froze in her throat.  “Do you finally understand human.  I hate you and all of your race.  I will never accept you or any of your kind.  Your race is inferior to us!”   Kavitak screamed as he lifted her into the air and flung her into the bookshelves across the room.  A yelp escaped her, as her world was consumed by pain and confusion.  Why does it always seem to turn out this way, was her last thought as Kavitak began to walk towards her.



Aza held up the manga he had found hidden among the many other volumes he had.  “March on Earth” he said  grinning to himself.  Remembering how much she had enjoyed the series on their trip here.  Deciding it would be a good enough reason to check in on her he grabbed a few others he thought she would enjoy and walked to her room.  Stopping at her door he took a deep breath.  He was nervous but would never admit it to anyone not even himself.  The Sato had no idea what he was doing, the strange female through the door was a complete mystery to him and he had no idea how to figure her out. Still standing at the door pondering over his own hesitancy, when a high pitched scream rent the air.  Throwing the door open, his eyes seeing red at the sight of Kavitak screaming and throwing Carla into the bookshelf against the wall.  No sound escaped him, as he flew across the room and tackled the attendant to the ground.  His fangs bared and eyes narrowed in anger, he began punching the Junirki in the face.  When Aza raised his hand for another punch, Kavitak bucked his hips throwing him to the side.  The Sato quickly got to his feet turning to face Kavitak.  Both of the enraged aliens eyed each other, waiting for the other to react.  Carla’s moan broke Aza’s attention, looking down to the human woman who had slid down to the floor.  Fear that his mate had been injured froze him in his tracks giving Kavitak just enough time to throw him to the ground.  Aza headbutted him, making him let go and stagger back.


“What is going on?” an icy tone cut through the tense air, causing all eyes to turn and see the scrutinizing gaze of Ruasu.  Aza glared but said nothing instead turning his gaze back on his opponent, who now paid him no mind.  Kavitak’s head hung low in embarrassment and shame.


“My apologies sir. I have forgotten my place, and in my anger have caused harm to our princes chosen,” the attendant said through tight lips his anger still showing.


“I see,” Ruasu said, taking in the sight of a groaning Carla holding her head as she looked through tear streaked eyes towards them, and the disheveled look of the prince and servant.  The adviser gave an exasperated sigh, before he pointed to Kavitak.  “You will come with me for your punishment.  His majesty will surely hear about this lack of restraint for a person of your station.  Aza place Carla on the couch.  I will summon a human physician to come and inspect her,” his violet eyes looking to each of them as he spoke.  Turning to leave, never looking back to see if the attendant had followed.



Kavitak swiftly walked down  the hallways towards his office. Decided to take the time and reach out with his mind to briefly touch the attendants own thoughts. The violet haired Junirki wasn’t surprised to find that Kavitak’s defense’s were weak against his prying.  Ruasa skimmed along his surface thoughts, finding it amusing that he was damning both the Sato prince and human woman together.  Increasing his pace they swiftly came to the end of the hallway that contained his office and suite. He threw open the door, moving aside to let Kavitak come in and followed swiftly behind him locking the door behind him.Sitting down at his desk he gestured for kavitak to sit.  Once the servant sat before him, he began to speak.  “Are you simple minded!” Ruasu screamed, letting his anger show for a moment before swiftly pushing it back down.  “ You have been a servant of the royal household your entire life so I know that you understand that I have every right to have you killed for what you have done.  However given my mood, I am giving you the chance to explain, I will still punish you for it but if you speak the truth and tell me the reasons for this assault, I will consider whether your life is forfeit.  Speak your heart, do you not approve of what has been happening?” the advisor asked, adopting the same emotionless gaze he always wore.  


Ruasu knew that Kavitak like the rest of his people held other species in low regard, but his aggression seemed to stem from the incident that occurred to his fellow servant. Interesting, it seemed that progress was being made into integrating his people with the Sato and vice versa.  Now with the humans thrown into the mix, the Sato and Junirki had come together in a hostile truce.  An if Ruasu let the prince bring the humans into their fold along equal terms then surely those frail bonds would break and a new war begin.  Both sides may not get a second chance at this new life, so for now the humans need to remain in their chains of servitude until they no longer served a purpose. Still Ruasu needed to make sure that he came out on the winning side. He just needed to make sure the odds were in his desired party’s favor. The Junirki advisor needed a pawn that he could place within his enemy’s keep.  A pawn that could be disposed of easily if necessary but could still gain his foe’s confidence.  An then when the moment was right he would strike and crush all those that stood in his way.  First things first though he had to get the fool that sat before him, to trust him.  “You still haven’t answered me. I have already given you my word that I wouldn’t reprimand you for speaking freely.  Now I ask you again.  Do you not approve of the path our king has decided to walk down?” he repeated again.  His tone warning the other who sat before him.  The advisor watched with amusement as the Junirki clenched and unclenched his hand.


“Since I am allowed to speak freely my lord.  I will say this, no I am not satisfied.  How can I be satisfied with the turn of events.  My father fought as a foot soldier in the last battle, he died before the truce.  He was always telling me how proud he was to be serving his kingdom. How we need to eradicate those barbarians.  We would be doing them a favor and erasing them from existence.  I believed those words and I still do.” Kavitak stopped turning his head from the man who held his life in his hands. Turning his head back, eyes narrowed he spoke once more. “I still believe in my fathers words, that we are the superior race.  But I do not think that we should remove them instead we need to be above them and guide them.  Show them their place, for both races.  I have no love for the Sato but the humans are even worse.  To think that our prince wants to see them as our equals.  They couldn’t even defend themselves, and so that just proves that they are beneath us.  For if something can be conquered then they are to be forgotten.” Kavitak said point blank, as if what he said was decreed from god himself.


“What about the Sato that is always with you?” asked Ruasu with mild interest.  He knew that the servant wasn’t being truthful, or maybe was just avoiding the truth all together.  Either way he had to keep coaxing and push the servant into thinking the way he needed him too.  The Junirki flushed and averted his eyes from Ruasu, a moment passing before he looked to him once more.


"He is a special case. His person isn't like the rest of his barbaric race.  If I had to describe him I couldn’t.  So until I know how he should be treated I will simply keep him by my side until I reach a conclusion.  As for the humans none that I have come across have any redeeming qualities to even consider them to be our servants.  An to think I  have to take orders from that idiotic human, as our queen. Travesty! What is our prince thinking.  For her to bear his and the Sato prince’s offspring is one thing, but he actually wants to put her on equal standing. This can only lead to disaster and most of our people find this idea more than unbearable.  My lord I am afraid that some of the nobles will take drastic measures against our prince.” Kavitak said as if Ruasu didn’t already know the situation.


“I see.  So are you with them or against them and please do not insult me by lying.  I will know if you are.” Ruasu said in a serious tone.  This was a test to see where his loyalty lay, and also to see if he could be an acceptable pawn.  He had already opened his mind and had found a weak spot in the other’s defenses so he could easily extract the truth, but for right now he only lightly skimmed his thoughts.  Letting the other feel his presence, the surprise on the attendant face was more than enough to let Ruasu know that the other could feel his presence. That comment caused the advisor to grin inward, though his outer appearance seemed to be neutral. All in all Ruasu was more than pleased, because he didn’t have to do much to get the attendant to conform to the way he needed him too.  Watching with an intense glint in his eyes, as Kavitak closed his eyes and then opened them.  Fixing his golden gaze on Ruasu as he answered,


"I am loyal to my prince," The attendant said with confidence.  Ruasu nodded finding his answer acceptable and now he could move on to the next stage of his plan.


"That is good to hear.  Now listen well for I will only say this once.  I am prince Vita’s advisor and confident.  Everything I do, I do for his best interest.  Even if he doesn’t agree with what I have done.  So will you undertake a mission of vital importance.  I do not guarantee your safety nor do I care if you live or die, but know this.  I will know if you have betrayed me and when I catch you.  I will make you wished you had died quickly.  If I deem your mission a success then you will be greatly rewarded for your participation.  Also let me be clear as to how generous I am being. For if his highness should find out about your little talk with the bearer of his future offspring, then I won’t really need to tell you what will happen now do I?” Ruasu asked an eyebrow raised in question.  Kavitak nodded, but dared not give a verbal answer. “Excellent it seems we have come to understand one another.  Go and pack what you consider essential. Take nothing more, and tell no one of our talk or what you are doing.  Make sure that you are not seen and come back here. I will be waiting to give you further instructions.” Ruasu waved his hand in dismissal, which the attendant quickly obliged and was soon gone.  The violet haired Junirki gave a soft sigh, getting up to leave the room as well.  I better go and get a doctor he mused to himself, shutting the door behind him.



Carla awoke with a splitting headache and her whole backaching.  The pain making her cringe as she sat up from the plush bed she had been placed in.  Everything was a blur, when it dawned on her that she didn’t have her glasses on.  “Are you alright?” a voice asked, startling Carla.  She turned towards the fuzzy figure that was slowly approaching her.  The figure’s large hand shot out and grabbed her small one, placing her glasses in her hand.  She put on her glasses and looked over to the stranger.  His face portrayed nothing, as she stared into his dark red eyes.  Like the darkest of reds, two clear rubies staring at her intently.


“I am alright, my head just hurts. Um....thank you for giving me my glasses,” she said softly startled by his beauty.  Though if she was to think about it almost all the aliens she had direct contact with were either cute or gorgeous.  To be honest she was starting to get sick of it.


“You are welcome.  My name is Ruasu I am his highness’s advisor.  The doctor said you should be alright, just take the medicine on the nightstand and all shall be well.  Let me also tell you how sorry I am that this had happened to you.  The servant has been dealt with so you needn't worry about him anymore.  I have arranged for a new one to come and help you get dressed for tonights dinner.”  he said all the while never letting his gaze waver from hers.  Carla shook her head, letting out a breath she didn’t even know she was holding.  She was relieved that she wouldn’t be seeing Kavitak anymore, but a curious part of her wondered what had happened to him.  If it is anything like what had happened to Seaya then she could at least pray for someone to take mercy on him.  The servant from hell may have deserved it but for her to hope for him to be tortured was like asking the Karma gods to kill her, because it was obvious she had to have pissed off someone in a previous life. “If you will excuse me now. The other attendant will be with you shortly and then after that you are to be escorted to join his majesty and prince Aza.  In the meantime remember to take your medicine and  try to rest until it is time to get ready.” his blank tone snapping her back to reality from her inner rantings.


“Oh okay and thanks again.”  Carla replied softly, but the aliens back was already toward her and heading out the door.  She paid him no more mind as she thought that was a bit of a rude gesture, and instead grabbed the pills and water left for her.  “Well bottoms up” the earth woman said aloud and downed the pills and water.  Placing the glass back on the nightstand, she let herself snuggle back down into the covers and close her eyes.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Let me apologize in advance for the text, it seems to be doing something weird.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.