Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm back baby! (Okay always wanted to say that). So now that my nonsense is done I just wanted to say THANK YOU, for all the kind words. I am very sorry I haven't posted in awhile but I'm trying to find a permanent job right now, so things are kind of hectic. So now I'm done with my rants. As always please review and tell me what you think. Bye, bye.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The awkward silence was infuriating, Carla’s face flushed as she took another drink of her wine trying to drown the feelings of unease rising within her.  The meal was barely halfway through and no one had said a word beyond polite small talk.  Looking around the table at Aza and Vita intently ignoring each other the tension from the earlier event causing even greater tension between them.  Even if both of them are emotionally disturbed beyond reason, this silence is just too painful to watch and endure, she thought.  Letting out an exasperated sigh, she took another sip of her wine and let her mind wander back hours ago when the new attendant had woken her up to get her ready for this disaster.


Carla felt someone shaking her gently, stirring her from the blissful slumber that had consumed her.  “Hey.  Its time to get up and get ready.  Your name is Carla right?” asked a voice she didn’t recognize, causing the human to sit up.  Her hand fumbling for her glasses on the nightstand.  She hardly had a chance to shove her glasses on before she was pulled onto her feet.  Stumbling a little before she caught her balance, staring at the hand that held hers in slight confusion.  “You humans are so funny,” A mischievous voice rung out, causing Carla to look at the person in confusion.  Iris’s of ocean blue bore into her wide brown eyes.  “Oh my...do you not talk?” the alien asked, causing Carla to snap out of her daze.  She looked over to the heart shaped face of what appeared to be a young Sato.  His cyan hair was tied up in a high ponytail and his blue eyes held a mischievous glint to them.  A smirk of amusement was on his lips.  A shiver of fear ran through her as realization dawned on her that he looked just like Seeya.   She snatched her hand  away and started to back away from the alien.


“Um...how about you leave me the clothes and I get dressed myself,” she stammered out.  A feeling of unease creeping up her spine.  The alien had the same ambiguous smile, shaking his head.  


“I’m sorry princess, but I have been assigned to be your new attendent.  My name is Saka and I am pleased to be be meeting the bearer of our future heirs.  If you don’t mind me saying but we really must be getting started your highness.  We have a lot of work to do.”  With that said, Saka latched onto her wrist once more and pulled her over towards a rolling wardrobe.   Humming softly to himself he examined the dresses in the wardrobe.  Carla stood nervously, swaying from one foot to the other.  What should she say?  He looked so much like Seeya. Maybe they were brothers?  


“I just know that this is going to make me suffer in someway. Oh god why do you enjoy seeing how close to death I can get,” she mumbled to herself, refusing to look at the alien that stood before her.


“Okay how about this green one? I think it will suit you the best? It looks like it might be a little tight, but the power of a corset can cure anything,” the Sato said in an all too sweet tone. Carla snapped her head up at his words.  Seeing the smile and his twinkling eyes caused all the alarms in her head to go off.  He is just like Seeya!  That jerk is going to make sure I suffer in some form.  That thought caused her to hang her head low in defeat.  Until she felt herself being shaken once more.  “So princess,” he said the words sweetly.  “Lets make you look decent!” and with that declaration her spirits sank even more.  She really hated that word ‘princess.’



When she was first shown to their dining quarters she was surprised by how small the table was.  Expecting a massive room with a table you could barely see the other side of, the four person set up was horrifyingly intimate.  She was the first to arrive and so was seated in the middle.  So now, here she was an hour later with two aliens who would have an easier time killing someone then making conversation.  Of course she had every reason to be uncomfortable with the deafening silence. The scraping of fork against plates had finally driven her off the deep end. She just couldn't take the tension building between them.


The two aliens heads snapped to attention as Carla stood up slamming her hands on the table.  "Okay enough is enough.  I may have to sit here and play house, but if I have to pretend to like being carried across the galaxy to push out little heirs for your empire you could at least make it pleasant!"  A dumbfounded look came over her as she lost her momentum and tried to desperately save face.  “Cant you guys even talk about the damn weather."  Carla said throwing up her hands in a dramatic gesture, letting her butt hit her seat once more.  She crossed her arms over her chest in a childish manner, but at the moment she didn't care.


"What was that about...idi..." Aza stopped, remembering that he wasn’t alone.


“You were about to call me a name!” snapped Carla.  Aza said no more but instead turned his attention back to his plate.  The agitated woman was about to say more until an eerily calm voice reached her ears.  It sounded more like a mountain lion purring out the words instead of a voice speaking.  She turned to look at Vita, his face had a twisted smile on his lips. Carla’s blood ran cold as his golden eyes glared at her.  A crazed look was in them, that sent warning bells off in her head.  


“What is the matter? Are you not satisfied?” Vita purred out.  “Well I guess this is a bit dull, but in all honesty I thought you might appreciate a dinner together with your new family?” he chuckled softly.  Before his eyes hardened and he reached out and grabbed her wrist, causing her to flinch.


“Ouch.”she breathed out, trying desperately to break his steel like grip on her.  His hold tightened making Carla let out a whimper of pain.  Vita released his grip and shook his head.  Quickly sliding back from the table, his expression had changed to a look of fear and confusion.   The Junirki prince stared at Carla with a strange look, before he turned and made a hasty retreat.  Not even bothering to say a word to the bewildered guests he had just left.



Vita slammed his bedroom door behind him.  Walking over to his desk he sat down behind it. Laying his head down on the desk, bringing his hands to cover his head. His thoughts were in disarray, and his head was throbbing.  The Junirki prince was trying to grasp what had just taken place at dinner.  All he could recall was that he couldn’t feel or hear Carla’s mind like he usually could.  It was as if she was immune to his mental probing, like the Sato.  That in turn started to anger him, then he heard a low voice whispering ‘let me out, I will find out what why her mind is closed to us.’ A familiar darkness was starting to seep into his consciousness, a sinister voice filling his head.  “Always so unsure, and dishonest.” the voice tsked, before it chuckled.  Vita shot up from the desk and looked about the room in alarm.  Finding nothing out of place, but still feeling on edge he sat down once more.

 

“I’m just tired,” he mumbled to himself trying to ease his nerves.


If only that were true,” the voice hummed in his head.  “Do not screw with me. I am the person who protects your desires, who goes forward without hesitation or fear.  The one who will protect you.  I am the only one who can give you what you want most.  I Am the you who you really and truly are.” the dark voice said. Vita shook his head trying to rid himself of the words that kept echoing in his ears.


“Stop it!” he mumbled feeling weakness wash threw him.


Sorry” the voice laughed before it continued.  “but its too late to stop now.  Why don’t you just lay your head down and go to sleep.”  The Junirki’s head was pounding even more.  Like a sledge hammer trying to break through a brick wall.  Boom, Boom, boom went the inside of his head.  His hands shaking as he pulled open a drawer and reached for the bottle that he kept the suppressants in.  Vita grabbed the bottle only to drop it onto the floor.  He reached down to pick it up again, but felt his world go dark.  As the pounding soon turned into an explosion in his head, and he fell to the floor.  Moments passed before Vita calmly stood up and dusted himself off.  The Junirki walked over to the hanging mirror on the opposite side of the wall and looked at himself.  He gave a sadistic grin that never reached his cold and calculating eyes.  “Much better.” Vita said darkly.  He tapped the side of his head with his pointer figure and grinned even wider. The action causing him to look deranged and unstable.  “Why don’t you just sleep for a while and let me take care of things, After all you have a big day tomorrow.”  The Junirki prince laughed at his reflection, before he turned and headed towards the door.



Carla stretched her hands high above her head, and yawned loudly.  She was mentally drained from the ordeals that had taken place.  When Vita had grabbed her wrist she was terrified that he was going to hurt her. The terror was quickly replaced with confusion as the once dark look was replaced with confusion and dread.  Reminding Carla of a pitiful dog, with his wide eyed look.  She grunted and shook her head, mumbling about how he had no right to look like that.  However after he left everything went downhill from there, from Aza getting mad at her for asking him what was the matter with Vita.  She could still hear his disinterested voice in her ears.  His words coming back to slap her in the face as they did the first time.  “We only have to obey what he says, and why would you care after all he has done to you.”  The Sato had said in a nonchalant voice, causing Carla to grab her wine glass and throw the contents on him.  Before she stood up and stomped over to the door and banged on it.  The human woman turned her head to glare at Aza who now had a look of awe on his face.  


“The same could be said for you and your whole damn lot,” she yelled.  Saka then appeared from behind the door and grabbed her hand.  His face brimming with amusement, as he led her back to their shared bedroom.  



So here she was now in her pajamas awaiting for Saka to come back after he was summoned by Ruasu.  She got into the oversized bed and sighed once more, a knock reaching her ear.  Saka appeared and briskly walked over to where she sat on the bed.


“I have been informed to tell you that the princes will be out late and have instructed me to apologize on their behalf.  Also prince Vita has instructed me to inform you that tomorrow night will be your wedding so he wants you to get plenty of rest,” the Sato said in a cheery voice.


“What?” Carla’s head snapped to look toward the Sato in surprise.  “Are you kidding me! It’s too soon don’t you think?  Go get Vita and Aza right now!  I object, isn’t the bride the one who gets to set the date?” she screamed.  Saka tilted his head to the side at her outburst.


“You forget already the reason the date was pushed forward.  I can understand how nervous you are, but please try to be reasonable.  Until the ceremony is completed, Prince Aza’s life will be in danger.  I suppose your’s is too, and even though we have more human woman the princes don't seem to want you replaced yet,” he said.


“I am being reasonable, you lot are just crazy,” the human woman retorted.  Saka didn’t reply but instead patted her head, like a mother trying to sooth her angry child.  Carla slapped his hand away, ready to say more but never getting the chance.  Saka gave her a courteous smile before he bowed and left, completely brushing her off.  He opened the door and turned to look at her.


“A word of advice princess.  Remember you can always be replaced,” the cyan haired Sato said with a smile.  Turning to finally leave the human woman alone with her thoughts.  Tears started to prick at the corner of Carla’s eyes, as she brought her hands up to her mouth to cover her frustrated scream.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

My poor, poor baby girl! Okay folks here is were the real drama begins......with splash of comedy. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.