Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So here is the next chapter. I'm about halfway done with that one so be on the lookout. Haha....so anyways I just want to thank all the reviewers and readers. All your words and comments really help me to keep going. So again I thank you for taking your time.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


When dinner was over Aza returned to his room where Ruasu joined him.  “I am here to instruct you on the ceremony my lord.”  Aza sighed and barely noticed Ruasa droning on about the different things he would need to do, instead wondering why Carla had gotten mad at him. Aza replayed the scene of Carla stomping out of the room in his mind. He could still feel the chill of the cold sticky wine on his face.  The Sato knew he had dealt a low blow to her pride by his off handed comment.  What plagued him the most was that he actually felt guilty for saying it.  He hadn't felt this way since he was a child.  The Sato prince shook his head from side to side and bit the corner of his mouth.  Trying to shake the feelings of remorse for his words and actions.  Sighing loudly, as he brought his hands up to run through his hair.  He was anxious about the proceedings that would be taking place the next day, he had no idea how things would be afterwards.  Would he be safe from his parents or would they still dare to try and have him killed? Difficult questions along with the hurt look of the one person he felt he could be at ease with ran through his mind.  Looking out the window and seeing the way the sky looked, he knew that dawn would be approaching soon.  Better get some sleep he mumbled, and went over to the couch that was in his room and laid down. For now he would just let himself surrender to darkness and hope to not awaken anytime soon.



Carla was awoken in the early morning to a loud knock. “Oh...Princess...It’s time to get up.” Saka cried out in a sing song voice.  Groaning she grabbed the edges of her blankets wrapping herself up tightly.  She could have seriously slept for several more hours, but Saka grabbed the covers and ripped them off her.  “We have a busy day ahead of us.We need to start getting ready for the the upcoming bonding ceremony.”  The Sato said in a hurried manner, as he placed Carla’s glasses in her hand.  That statement reached her brain finally and she sat up giving a dumbfounded look to the attendant. Saka sighed before he placed her food in front of her and turned to leave.  Yelling for her to hurry up and eat while he goes and gets her bath started. Last night wasn't a dream, I'm really getting married.  The reality of her situation had kicked in, as much as she tried to deny or pretend it wasn't happening. Her heart started beating wildly in her chest, adrenaline rushing through her body.  Letting instinct take over, it was time her mind kept repeating. It was time to decided fight or flight.  A second passed that felt like an eternity, as she threw the covers off of her and took off towards the door.  She had made her choice, she would fly.


The door wasn’t locked and Carla found it easy enough to leave the wing that she was supposed to share with her soon to be spouses.  “No!  All this is against my will,” she reminded herself.  Hugging herself tightly as she leaned against a wall in the corridor.  Adrenaline coursing through her, all she could think about was getting away.  It didn’t matter that she had no clue where she was going or what to do, all she knew was that she had to run.  That was all that her brain was telling her to do.  She survived the destruction of her world, her parents getting killed, and even getting enslaved by aliens.  She knew she would get through this somehow.  Carla turned another corner, not even noticing that she was being followed from the shadows.


Saka tailed the human closely, finding her panic to be so pathetic it was cute.  The Sato watched as she looked frantically around.  The sound of loud footsteps could be heard down the corridor to her right.  Guards must be coming just when we were having fun, mused Saka to himself.  He watched with glee when the anxious woman finally made her choice and quickly ducked into a room that had been left open.  Saka pressed at the communicator that was at the base of his throat.  “Sir I have a report.  You were right in your assumption that she would run.  Honestly I can’t comprehend why she would since she doesnt know anything about this world, or if she can even get out of here alive.  Not the brightest decisions, but I haven’t met a human yet who has sound judgements,” Saka said with a grin.  


“I see.  Well I know that we should eliminate the source of our problems but unfortunately that is not to be the case.  I have just received word from one of my sources that the Sato king will be making his move tonight after the bonding ceremony.  He wants to make certain that Aza is eliminated as soon as possible.  He will probably try to have him taken to a secluded place where a hired assassin will be waiting in hiding.”  Ruasu stopped and cleared his throat.


“The king probably won't take the chance of Aza creating a heir.  Leaving his other son to inherit the throne.  He would be fulfilling his promise of marriage but removing the heir.  Also since it happened here at the capital and under Vita’s care the king could declare retribution which could lead to another war.  Something that the king knows Vita has been trying to avoid,” Ruasu spoke in a thoughtful tone.


“I see,” the Sato whispered.  “What are your orders now? Do you want me to kill her, so the bonding can be between the princes as planned.”  He watched Carla peek out of the room, before she stepped into the corridor.  The Sato was curious as the human just stood there and leaned against the wall.  


“Unfortunately we can’t kill her yet.  Since the prince’s decision to take her as their bearer, the human has been given fertility drugs.  An according to the data tonight she will be ovulating, Lord Vita plans to impregnate her as quickly as possible.  Vita is starting to become attached to her and through her it seems we might have an easy way to control either prince.“


“I see so you want me to capture her and bring her back kicking and screaming.  This will be fun,” the Sato chuckled.


“Affirmative. But do not use much force.  She has to be in top shape for tonight,” Ruasu said, before the communicator cut off.  Saka sighed, before his eyes caught movement out of the corner of his eye.  The human was coming back.  The cyan haired Sato grinned, at least his prey was running toward him. All he had to do was lie in wait.


“There you are princess,” he said, when Carla turned the corner. Letting out a scream that could wake the dead.  When she realized who it was standing in front of her, another set of panic came in.


“Okay...I have a good explanation for why I’m not in the bedroom.”  She paused, before she blurted out the first thing that came to mind.  “I wanted to go pick flowers for the wedding,” she yelped.  Saka gave her a knowing smile, “Oh really.  I am glad to see that you have come to your senses.  I know that you aren't stupid enough to try and escape.  Even if you escaped the capital and ran into the jungle, who knows what’s out there,” the Sato rambled on in a nonchalant voice.  His hand wrapped around Carla’s wrist, as he pulled her back toward her doom. “Yeah....I mean who could be stupid enough to run without thinking about that,” Carla said nervously trying to hide the shaking in her voice.  


“Your right princess.  Only an idiot would do that.”  The Sato turned to grin, his eyes shining in a mischievous way.  He knows, was the only thing going through Carla’s head. Looking down at his hand clutching her wrist, she was that stupid.  She had almost ran, but once she stopped and actually thought about her situation she knew that her best chance of survival was to stay where she was.  Still though she didn’t think she would be caught this quickly.  “Okay princess lets get started we have a lot of work to do,” while hauling her into the bathroom and shutting the door behind them.


It took several hours but finally all the primping and preening was done.  She stood before the mirror amazed at her own reflection.  Her hair had been curled on top of her head in a messy updo, small white flowers woven in for decoration.  The dress she wore was a white, off the shoulder that hugged her pinched waist and flared out at her knees, with a ring of silver flowers embroidered around the base.  She had low heeled strappy sandals that laced up to her calves. Her makeup was light with only silver eyeshadow that faded white on her lids, and glossy red lipstick.  Carla twirled around coming to a stop facing Saka with a silly grin on her face.  “Not bad.  Your actually quite pretty when you pick the grass out of your teeth princess,” saka said sarcastically, as he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room.  


“We have to hurry princess its almost time.  Now the ceremony is going to take place in about an hour in the grand ballroom.  You are so lucky that the prince has decided to include some earth customs along with our own,” the attendant rambled.  All the while Carla’s body shook from fear with each step she took toward her destiny.  Shuffling along behind Saka in a daze, she was snapped back into reality when her face collided with Saka’s back.  They had come to a room she hadnt been to before.  It looked like a large study with several bookcases covering all the walls.  A large wooden desk was in the middle, and behind that desk sitting in a chair was the advisor she had met not too long ago.  What was going on she wondered? The way he was staring at her was starting to creep her out.  ”Sir. I have brought the lovely bride to be,” the attendant said with a respectful bow.  Ruasu stood and walked over to where the human woman stood. She took a step back, finding his piercing gaze and stoney expression to cause fear race up and down her spine.


“It is good to see you doing so well," he said in a flat tone.


"Thanks." Carla said lamely, not sure as to the reason she was here.


"You're probably wondering why you are here.  Well I am simply here to tell you how the ceremony will proceed from beginning to end.  Now Prince Vita will be standing at the end of the alter.  Aza will escort you down the aisle until you reach him.  Then you will both bow down before him until he reaches out and helps each one of you to stand.  Then you will turn to look at the life-binder and that is when the ceremony will start. The life binder will speak the words of submission and then we will be adding the Sato’s tradition of mingling of the blood ...then...” Ruasu was interrupted by Carla’s squeal of outrage.


“What! You're going to cut me,” she yelled as she started to back away. “Nevermind I think I will go work in the fields.”  Both aliens looked at each other with a look of indifference. The advisor let out a sigh and looked her squarely in the eyes.


“You fail to see this situation, even though you have been told time and time again.  I will only say this once so you had better listen carefully.  You will not do anything to embarrass his highness nor will you shame our kingdom by acting as you please.  Be grateful that you are about to become someone of value instead of a lowly slave.  An if you fail to fulfill your duties...well I can certainly say that there are worse things than death,” Ruasu growled out, starting to lose his patience.  Carla opened and closed her mouth, her eyes wide.  Really she knew she shouldn’t have been this surprised that she was being threatened, but at times even her own stupidity came as a shock.  “Now if we will please have no more interruptions. As I was saying all three of you will cut your palms, than you and Aza will place your cut palms into Vita’s hand signaling your commitment to one another. After that the Junirki custom of the groom placing the promise collars on his chosen.  Yes what is it.” Ruasu snapped irritated that he was once again forced to stop his discussion.


“What is a promise collar? Is it like a collar like you would put on a dog?” she asked.


“In a way it is like what you would put on a pet.  In Junirki culture the husband has all the power.  The collar is usually different according to the taste and needs of the couple but it is like what you humans would refer to as a ‘wedding ring’.  By accepting it you are pledging to submit yourself to your bondmate and remain loyal to him.  Even if it is against your will, the collar signifies that you are already spoken for, and will allow you greater freedom once there is visible evidence of your status.  Now be quiet and let me finish.  Once the collars are on you and Aza, apparently we are going to be doing a custom from your home planet.” The advisor said in a matter of fact tone.  Carla gave the Junirki a puzzled look, not sure what custom he could mean.  Ruasu sighed and the Sato’s grinned widened before he spoke.  “I know join you as man and wife and you may kiss the bride,” Saka sang out in mockery.  Carla was seriously starting to think that there was a screw loose within that particular Sato’s head or maybe she was just trapped on a planet filled with sadists and she was supposed to fill the masochist role. “Yes that is it. In other words you have to kiss both your new bondmates in front of the entire kingdom.  The ceremony is going to be broadcast so even if you don’t want too, you had better just do it.  You will kiss the prince first then Aza, and afterward all three of you will turn and head down the aisle.  That is when a small gathering of important guests will take place back at the grand ballroom.  Do you understand all that you're supposed to do?” Ruasu demanded.  Carla barely had a chance to nod before he ordered her to speak.  She snapped a barely audible ‘yes’ as Saka grabbed her hand to lead her out of the room.


The ride to the temple was too short for Carla’s taste, before she knew it they had arrived. She didn’t have time to admire the romantically styled temple before she was ushered into the building itself.  The human woman could hear the quiet murmurs behind the large wooden doors. Breath, just breath she kept chanting in her head.  She felt a slight tap on her shoulder, looking over to see Aza’s silver eyes boring into her own.  They hadn’t spoken since the night before and now Carla was feeling self conscious.  “Are you ready? Its about to start,” he said softly, offering his elbow.  The human woman stared at his arm, the strong urge to run starting to consume her.  The silver haired Sato sighed before he gently grabbed her hand and placed it on his elbow.  She took a deep breath and clenched Aza’s arm.  Straightening her back and holding her head high.  She never expected the words that came out of Aza’s mouth, as the doors started to open.  “I’m sorry,” he whispered, and then they walked forward through the open door.  All the while Carla’s mind was in a daze at his apology, a soft smile transfixing her.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.