Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay sorry that it took so long and unfortunately it may be even longer. We had move into our new apartment only for that night to get robbed at gunpoint. So it may be a little bit longer before I start posting regularly. So I apologize for the delay. Anyways thank you for all who have been reading and for your comments they really have helped me keep going.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


There was no music playing, deafening silence filled the room, as they slowly walked down the aisle toward the awaiting life-bonder and prince Vita.  Carla cleared her throat and tried to focus on breathing calmly.  She didn’t want to screw up and invoke the wrath of not only the advisor but the prince as well.  Nor was she too fond of embarrassing herself in front of the whole planet, if Ruasu was to be believed and everyone was watching.  The human woman felt herself tense up, when they reached where Vita stood with the life-binder.  She only had a chance to glance at the life-binder, an older looking Junirki with golden eyes and short violet hair wearing dark blue and silver robes.   Aza gently guided Carla down to a kneeling position, before the life-binder and Vita.  She tried to will her frantically beating heart to slow, and to stop the visible shivers that shook her to the core.  Carla kept her gaze glued to the ground before her. She felt Aza’s presence beside her, as he slid his hand on top of hers.  A small smile was on his lips, but it looked like it was forced, as if he wanted to be anywhere else.  She couldn’t help herself but wonder why his mood’s kept changing.  Not too long ago he seemed very interested in trying to appease her, and learn about her. Now it seemed as if Vita wanted nothing more to do with her. Stupid bipolar freak, Carla thought to herself, as Vita helped her to her feet to stand between the princes’. It was starting the end of her life was finally crashing before her eyes.



The ride back to the palace was tense, no one daring to say anything.  Except for the ominous vibe that Carla kept sending both the princes, as she glared at them.  Aza didn’t pay her any mind.  She was told from the start that she was going to be their bondmate, and it was her fault for trying to ignore reality.  Still he felt slightly guilty for causing her distress, but now was not the time to dwell on his growing feelings.  Now it was time to concentrate on the task at hand.  Vita had told him to be on his guard and to not go anywhere without him or Ruasu, but before the ceremony took place a letter had been given to Aza.  The letter was from his tsuki asking him to slip away from the reception and if he refused then something unfortunate would happen to his father.  At first when he had read it, he couldn’t believe it.  Why would the king think he would risk his life for his father.  The very man who used to show him kindness when he was young only to stop one day with no indication why.  Aza suspected that his tsuki would try something while they were here.  He wasn’t scared to die but the torture of a slow death, which he was sure that his family would do in order to get more satisfaction out of his demise.  The Sato prince simply had crumpled the letter and threw it in the trash.  He had decided then and there not to care if his father lived or died, besides his king seemed to favor his chosen mate.   Well that was what he had thought but when the ceremony started and he was walking up the aisle with Carla gripping his elbow like a lifeline.  Aza couldn’t help but notice that his tsuki sat near the front with some of his war generals, and his father was absent.  He tried to block out the uneasy feeling that was growing in the pit of his stomach, but with each second it only seem to grow, consuming his every thought.  The silver haired Sato was snapped out of his thoughts by the driver calling out that they had arrived back at the palace.  Aza watched as Vita got out and held out his hand to Carla. Leaving him to follow behind them.  Vita stopped and waited for him to walk to the other side of Carla.  Aza took Carla’s other arm as they walked back through the palace.  Keeping his emotional turmoil inside, acting as if he didn’t care what was happening.  



As they approached the ballroom the music and murmuring grew louder.  The room became silent as they were announced.  All eyes turning to them, polite clapping coming from the crowd.  Aza felt Carla’s grip tighten on his arm, only turning his eyes to glance at her before they descended down the stairs.  “Aza.  Remember what we had talked about.  I will be having to circle the room and talk with some of the other nobles.  So stay where you can be seen by either me or Ruasu,” Vita commanded, not even bothering to turn and look at him.  Aza didn’t reply but turned his head, resisting the urge to click his tongue at him.


“Understood sir,” was his only reply.  When they reached the bottom the bondmates soon found themselves surrounded by nobles, all spouting nonsense about wishing them a good bonding or how lucky they were to have one another.  A Junirki came out of nowhere breaking through the crowd around the royals.  


"Can we get some footage of you and the princess dancing."  The Junirki spoke, holding up his holo cam.


"It would be my pleasure. Come along Carla," Vita said, grabbing her hand and leading her to the dance floor.  Aza watched with mild amusement at the scene.  Remembering just how bad of a dancer Carla was, made him almost feel sorry for Vita.  Though that quickly disappeared when his and Vita's eyes met.  The look he gave Aza was one of expected obedience.  The Junirki's words coming back to him, 'stay where you can be seen'.  He didn't know why, but an order such as that hadn't bothered him before, now he felt the strongest urge to disobey.  The thought alone caused Aza to pause, was he really considering tgoing to see his father.  It was surely a trap, that much he could gather but surely his family wasn't so stupid.  So why would he be so straightforward and demand to see him, using such an unreliable method.  That itself was what really bothered him.  By chance Aza looked across the room one of the few Sato's that were there stood near a large maroon curtain.  His silver hair was tied into a low ponytail, his jade eyes staring at him, beckoning to him across the hall.  The Sato smirked before he turned and slipped behind the curtain, his hand slowly disappearing behind the curtain.  A finger wagging for him to follow.  Aza surveyed the room with a critical eye, no one was looking at him, all eyes were on the royal couple.  If he was going to go now was his chance. He gave a final glance to the waltzing couple before he slipped away. Following the enigmatic Sato through the curtain.



Aza found himself walking down a narrow corridor to where the strange Sato was waiting.  "You showed up.  How sweet," he sneered, turning to head down the hall.  A moment passed before either of them spoke.  The slight Sato speaking in a conceding tone once more. "You are very well trained.  A lot of us doubted you would show.  Why even your father said you wouldn't.  Won't he be shocked to see that his little boy is such an obedient sheep."  The prince said nothing because he couldn't argue with the logic of him coming to his impending doom for someone who seemed to not even care that he existed.  But he did care at one point in your life, his conscious reminded him.  Thoughts of past acts of parental guidance came floating to his mind.  He remembered the one and only gift he was given on his birthday.  It was a small orange and white kittori cub.  Aza had been awed by the small creature that his father held out to him.  "Here he is my emperor," The cyan Sato said, causing Aza to snap back into the present. They stood in what appeared to be an abandoned study, if you could even call it that.  The walls were bare and the only furniture in the room was a desk and a chair.  Aza's father sat behind the desk, a smirk on his face.


"I see you showed up.  I don't know if I should be proud for once or pity you for being so soft," the king jeered at the sight of how uncomfortable his son was in his presence.  "Yana, bring Jinja here.  After all this is such a happy occasion.  Our family is together on such a joyous occasion."  He laughed, but there was no joy behind it. Before Aza could speak, the Sato named Yana came in pushing Jinja in front of him. Yana bowed before he left, shutting the door behind him.  The Sato prince looked where his father stood, his hands tied in front of him, a look of surprise on his face.  


“Aza, you are looking well.  Why did you come?” Jinja said cooly, quickly masking the shock that he felt.


“Oh don’t you know..he came to see you.  Though I don’t know why he would.  It was a longshot at best, after all you did abandon him.” Lajin sneered.


“Be quiet Lajin,” snapped the snow haired Sato.  Aza paused looking quickly to his father. In all his life he had never heard his father so much as utter a single complaint or disagreement with his tsuki.  


“Why, don’t you think it’s time the boy knew everything.  Aza remember the time you asked me why your life was spared?” he turned looking at Aza.  The Sato prince nodded his head, truly curious as to what was going on.


“Shut up!” screamed Jinja, panic starting to cloud his gaze.  “Well I did spare it on a whim, but that was only because one of our mightiest soldiers got on his hands and knees and begged.  Letting himself be subjected to anything and everything as long as your were allowed to live,” the emperor laughed.  Truly enjoying how his once proud mate was shaking with anger and embarrassment.  “Please let him live.  Please I will do anything you say my emperor.  I will be your slave and will never disobey you, just let me keep this one child.  Let me raise him until his seventh year, then I will let you do whatever you want.” He taunted, mimicking Jinja’s voice as he stood up from where he sat behind the desk and slowly approached his stunned son.  “So  because he begged so nicely, all the while weeping openly in front of me.  His tears caused me such great pleasure that I simply couldn’t refuse his request, so your life was spared.  Oh and how I loved watching Jinja shower you with his guidance and attention.  Where you confused as to why he stopped?  Remember the Kittori cub he gave you.  He wanted you to have someone to be with you openly, since he no longer could show you that same attention.  It really was a sweet idea so I allowed you to keep him.  Do you remember what happened to your precious little pet,” Lajin paused.  He now stood directly in front of Aza, whose eyes were wide with surprise.


“PLEASE DON’T TELL HIM ANYTHING ELSE,” Jinja screamed trying desperately to get out of his bonds.  The emperor paid him no mind, and instead brought his fist up to Aza’s face.  Punching the shocked Sato as hard as he could.  Aza fell to the floor, blood dripping out of the corner of his mouth, narrowing his eyes before he growled,


“Yes I remember.  Father killed him on my fourteenth birthday.”  He spat, the rage he felt from all the years of neglect coming to the surface.  


“Hmm what is this?  Are you starting to become disobedient again, but no matter.  Now hold still this will only hurt for a second.” Lajin grinned, bringing out a dagger and unsheathing it.


“No don’t do it.” his father  screamed, but before his tsuki could bring it down to end his life, Aza kneed the emperor in the stomach.  Lajin stumbled back giving Aza enough time to scramble to his feet.  His tsuki snarled, baring his fangs at his son.


“Don’t make this harder than it has to be.  Just die already, my patience for you has run out.” Lajin screamed, but never got the chance to advance before Jinja came over and rammed into his side.  Lajin fell over with Jinja on top of him.  The dagger had flown out of his hand and across the room.


“Run Aza.” yelled his father, before he was pushed off of Lajin.  Aza saw his tsuki look for the knife spotting it near the desk.Both of them dove for it, but Lajin grabbed the knife before his son.  He pointed it at Aza smirking in triumph.  Aza didn't back down though.  He bared his fangs in defiance at the man who had tormented him his entire life.  He wasn't going to die without a fight.  So with one last effort he rushed his father, slipping to the side.  That action caught the emperor by surprise, giving Aza enough of an upper hand.  The prince knocked the dagger out of the emperor's hand, clattering to the ground next to Jinja.  Lajin punched Aza only to have the blow returned.  Strike, block, and strike the fight seemed to go on forever.  Neither party giving in to the other.  Aza was finally swept off his feet from a low kick to his ankles.  Losing his breath from the force of his landing on the hard floor.  Hands wrapped around his throat, cutting off his air.


"That was quite a fight. Now since you are going to die I could do you one kindness and say that you put up a decent fight."  Lajin laughed applying more pressure.  Aza tried to remove the hands from around his throat, but he was losing his concentration.  Breathing was becoming harder, and his eyes wouldn't focus.  He hated that laugh, and when it changed to a gurgling cry, and the hands that grasped his throat slipped free, Aza gasped for air.  Taking in huge gulps, as he looked over to the emperor's body that was bleeding out next to him. He looked over to his father who had dropped the bloody dagger to the floor.  Jinja stared at his wide eyed son with a regretful smile.  The white haired Sato bent down to his level and just looked into his eyes for a moment.  Jinja then leaned close to his ears and whispered,


"Well done my son," before he hit him hard in the back of the head.  Knocking the Sato prince out cold and catching him in his arms.  The consort of the once proud Sato king was so tired, but soon he could sleep for all eternity.



Jinja laid his son gently on the floor, glancing up towards the door.  It was slightly cracked but otherwise no movement was detected from it.  "I know you are there.  Show yourself now," The white haired Sato said wearily.


"Ohhh. So scary." Saka said, pushing the door open.


"You sure took your time. What if Aza was killed because of your carelessness." Snapped Jinja to the grinning Sato.


"Aww, don't be like that.  After all this is all because you asked me too.  Besides he still lives and the emperor is dead.  So all’s well that ends well or so I heard." The cyan haired Sato stepped over to the dead Sato emperor and nudged him.  A giddy smile on his face, as he kept poking at the corpse.  "I wonder if it ever occurred to him that you were the real spy for the Junirki advisor.  All the while passively doing the emperor's bidding, only to turn around and tell me his plans.  One thing did puzzle me along with everyone else.  Why did you never tell me about your last heir.  What was his name, Tala I think it was.  Why did you never tell that information?" Saka asked curiously.  Jinja stared at his son taking in his fill of his features, before turning a cold gaze to his murdered mate.


"Tala isn't mine.  Our emperor found another to impregnate and after the child was born.  I was ordered to kill and dispose of the body.  It was okay since I had lost mine a month early so I could care for him as if it was mine.  Though he didn’t think I knew that he had our last offspring poisoned since he had turned out to be just like Aza.  Also I was under constant surveillance to the point that I was only allowed to associate with certain attendants," Jinja growled bitterly.


"I see.  You would think that he would be more careful.  After all you are his consort because he was the one who originally couldn’t give birth.  When you finally told us the truth that you were the one to have given birth to all the heirs of our kingdom, I was more than shocked.  To think that our race had mutated well beyond repair.”  Saka said in a sing song voice.  “More like he was a coward who wanted to save face. He was the emperor yet he was unable to conceive.  An unheard of offence of the highest order would be perceived by our people.  We have always gone by what the tsuki’s blood line is.  And when he wasn’t able to concieve with his chosen partners, and the pressure was on him to produce an heir.  I just happened to have been at the wrong place and time when he decided to fake it.  By getting a soldier pregnant and deciding that he would chose this soldier as his one and only consort.  To keep his chosen mate close to him so he could monitor his mate’s ever move.”  Jinja said with a parting glance at his dead mate and then turning to face his son.  


“Even if he deserved it for his deceit. You still killed our emperor. You are a traitor and the kingdom won’t take too kindly of that.  They will want you dead, are you okay with that?  To go so far as to die for the offspring of someone you hated?  You are going to be nothing more than a scapegoat.  Your name and honor will be destroyed.  This plan could go either way, with either the kingdom accepting Aza or deepening their hatred,” his brother said without emotion.  Pulling a syringe from his pouch.  


“Our people’s honor died a long time ago.  Lets get this over with.  The people need stability now, unlike our fool of a ruler who wanted to start another war over petty differences.  Maybe we can move forward towards a new future,” Jinja said flatly.


“I see.  So compassionate, I never understood why though.  To me it seems illogical for you to behave in such a selfless manner.  Maybe I will as well when it comes time for me to have offspring.  Do you think?” his brother asked, moving to stand behind Jinja.  The white haired Sato shrugged his shoulders.


“Who knows.  In all honesty I have no compassion for anyone.  I am just giving my son the upper hand.  I had done him a grave injustice by not offering parental guidance and letting his father do as he pleased.” Jinja said, as he felt a prick in the back of his neck.  Staggering forward, his body was growing hot and starting to hurt all over.  A hand came and wrapped around his waist to help steady him.  The consort groaned in pain, when he felt the piercing of the dagger on his left side.  


“The poison will take about three minutes to numb you and about five to kill you.  You’ll die long before you bleed out though.  So don’t worry about it and just rest.  For now it is all over.”  Saka said letting his brother fall to the floor with a thud.


“A..z...a,” Jinja wheezed out with his last breath.  The Sato assassin looked down to his brother then to the unconscious prince that lay only feet from his dead parents.  If anyone was to ask why he did all this he could only reply casually that it sounded like fun, but really he only wanted to repay the debt that he owed his brother for caring for him when their parents had died in battle.  Still he didn’t understand why his brother needed to go so far as to come up with this elaborate plan.  


“Oh well no point in dwelling on it.  Eh Jinja!” he chuckled out loud.  After all he had a job to do now, and that was to make his nephew a hero in the eyes of the kingdom.  Saka hummed softly as he placed the dagger in Aza’s hand.  Ripping his shirt in various places, and smearing blood on his clothes and face.  “Well now that is done.  I guess it’s time to slip out of here and execute the rest of the plan.  I wonder if Ruasu will find this amusing.” Saka said to himself, before he turned to leave.  All the while humming the same haunting tune.



Aza slowly came back to consciousness.  His mind swimming through the murky blackness that was his thoughts.  When he forced his eyes to open he was greeted by blurry vision.  Breathing in and out slowly as he sat up, the dagger slipping out of his hands.  Aza set his gaze toward we're the dagger lay next to him.  Looking around, taking in the sight of his dead parents.  All that had transpired ran through his head, as he tried to figure out what had happened.  The door opened causing Aza to squint at the intruder, his eyes widening when he saw Vita and his advisor come through the door.  Golden eyes met silver, and a hand was outstretched to Aza.  The Sato prince looked around the room once more before he sighed and took the hand in his.  Letting Vita help him stand to his feet.

 

"I told you to stay where you can be seen.  Come on Carla is waiting for us in our room." The prince said letting the exhausted Sato lean on him.  Aza nodded his head but said nothing in response.  He was just too tired right now, and he really just wanted to be with the people who didn't want to kill him.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.