Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And here it is. The first chapter.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter 1

 

After Emma was discharged from the hospital, I felt like I was walking on egg shelves. The situation was quite awkward at home, and I felt like a burden. Emilienne still wasn’t over the shock of her mom being in hospital, whereas Darcy was a bit calmer and less hostile towards me.

Emma was in her own world. She avoided me, and tried to talk to me only if it was strictly necessary. It was so bad that I found myself multiple times debating whether I should just move out and leave her on her own as it seemed that I wasn’t wanted anyway.

Emma didn’t trust me anymore, and she didn’t believe I loved her. My main goal was to restore that confidence in me and in my love for her; however, it was easier said than done.

I didn’t realise how badly I’d damaged Emma’s spirit until I saw how fragile she looked in that cold hospital room. I broke her heart, made her feel like she was being used and crushed her self esteem. Emma was just a shell of who she used to be and that pained me greatly.

Emma was broken and I could see that she was moving towards depression. And that is why I suggested that we went to therapy together, not only to rebuild her confidence but also to repair our broken friendship.

I didn’t expect the feeling of rejection I experienced when she said so in front of the therapist.

Sometimes I sat down and thought that I ruined everything and that I had no chance. However, I tried to be optimistic as possible. Maybe I was under the illusion that things would get as they used to be but I needed to reassure myself.

I needed to believe in what we had and could have. I had to show her that I believed in us.

“Emma?” I inquired cautiously. She was in the kitchen, staring at her cup of tea. She didn’t answer. She just was lost in her thoughts, sometimes dangerous. “Emma?” I called her again.

She looked up, shocked. “Yes, George?” she spoke timidly.

I stopped myself from sighing. Emma had never been timid before.

“I was thinking that we could go out with the kids this Saturday?”

“Sure.” She gave me a small smile. “What would we do?”

“I don’t know. We should ask the kids.” I answered her.

“Okay.” She stated simply before going back to her cup of tea for a few seconds. She turned and looked at me. “I have a few things to do for work. I’ll be in the studio.” And she left me there.

Seeing her like this tore me apart. I deserved the pain. However, she didn’t.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Please review and let me know what you think.
Best,
Adi Milano.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.