Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is a fanfiction with the K-Pop singer/rapper T.O.P from the group Big Bang





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The ringing of her cell phone was what woke her up. Vanessa grabbed the offending item off her night table with every intention of tossing it across the room. The ringtone  penetrated her sleep-idle brain before she could follow through with her plan. Sliding the flashing green arrow to the right, she mumbled her greeting.

    “Oppa, I was sleeping,” she whined.

    “And hello to you too, wifey.” the deliciously husky voice whispered back.

    “Sorry. I’m really tired. I had so much to do yesterday and I barely got any sleep last night.”

    “I know. I’ll make sure you get plenty of sleep when you get home.”

    She became a bit more alert at his statement. Today was a very important day in their relationship. After a year of not seeing each other, She was finally moving to South Korea. She was both elated and terrified at the same time. She had been to Korea before and she sort of knew what to expect but that did little to calm her fears. She was leaving so much behind and she didn’t know if she had to strenght to do it.

    “Is everything ready for your flight,” Seunghyun’s voice brought her back from her reveries.

    “Ummm...Everything is all set. I packed the rest of my clothes last night...which remind me, did you get any of my stuff yet?”

    “Ne, they arrived yesterday. I took the liberty of unpacking your clothes. You’re going to have to go through the rest of it and decide where to put them.”

    “Kamsahamnida, Oppa.”

    His chuckle caused her to laugh as well.

    “I can’t wait to see you,” he said.

    “Me, too. It’s been forever since we saw each other.”

    “What do you mean? I just saw you last night?” he teased.

    “Skyping doesn’t count. I want to hug and kiss you in person.”

    “Me, too.”

    She cast a quick look at her alarm clock, and almost fell out of bed. It was almost ten o’clock.

    “I have to go. I’m having a farewell lunch with my friends in an hour.  God, I can’t believe I overslept. Sorry Seunghyun,” she rambled on.

    “Don’t worry too much about it. I have to get to bed anyways.”

    She didn’t realized until now how tired he sounded. Her poor baby.

    “Oppa, are you alright? You sound exhausted.”

    “I’m alright. I just had a really long day at the studio today.”

    “I’m sorry. Go to bed then. I’ll call you before my flight, okay?”

    “Promise?”

    “I promise. I love you.”

    “Love you, you.”

    She hung up the phone and got out of bed. She looked around the room and sighed in sadness. This room has been her room since the day she was born and this was the first time she was living it knowing she would never come back. She had known for over a year that this day would come and she believed that she was ready for it. She wanted to be in Korea with Seunghyun but she wanted to stay here with her family and friends almost as much. She knew she could come visit anytime and call as much as she wanted but it wouldn’t the same as being here. Her mother wouldn’t be down the hall when she was having one of those life crisis. Her friends wouldn’t be a phone call away when she didn’t know what to do with her friday night. She was going to miss them terribly but she’d find a way to make the separation bearable.

    She went into her adjoining bathroom to get clean up. She bunned up her hair as to not get it wet. She brushed her teeth before she jumped into the shower. She scrubbed herself thoroughly before rinsing and getting out.

Vanessa Leighton Choi sat in front of her dresser and just stared at herself. She didn’t look as happy as she thought she would be at this moment. She wasn’t looking forward to having lunch with her friends and wished she could skipped on it. She knew she couldn’t though. It’d be awhile before she can see them again. She applied on her skincare products before she put on a light makeup. She put on her favorite jade chandelier earrings and her diamond open-heart necklace. A pair of dark blue jeans and and white dress shirt completed her outfit.  Lastly, she slipped on her wedding rings. They managed to bring a smile to her face. Looking at them reminded her of what was waiting for her at the end her journey.

“Honey, I’ll be home soon.” She whispered.

*****

 

Between lunch with her friends, a quick shower with a change of clothes, the crying fest with her mother, and tearful goodbye to her father, Vanessa made it to airport with just enough time to check in before boarding the plane. Once she sat in her seat in first class, she breathed a sigh of relief. The day had been crazy but she wouldn’t have changed a thing. She got through it and with the support she had back home, she knew she’d be okay once she get to Korea. Relaxing further in her seat, she understood why Seunghyun had insisted that she flew first class.

“Wifey, you’re going to be on a plane for almost sixteen hours. You want to be comfortable.” He had said. Back then, she thought he was being ridiculous but she was glad she had listened. She planned on sleeping as much as she could and when she was awake, she had her iPad to keep her company. Keeping her promise, she dialed Seunghyun’s phone. She hoped she had enough time to talk to him before take-off. He answered on the third ring.

“Hi,” she said.

“Hello, Wifey.”

“Are you feeling better, Oppa?”

“Yeah. I got plenty of sleep last night.”

“I’m glad. I worry about you, you know.”

“I know. You’re going to take better care of me when you get home, right?”

She laughed.

“When does your plane leave.”

“Soon. I just boarded it.”

“Alright. Be safe and I’ll see you soon.”

“I will. I love you.”

“I love you, too, wifey.”

She smiled as she hang up the phone. Now that she had come so far, she couldn’t wait to see him.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think. Depending on the response I get, I might add some more chapters and tell the story in a series of oneshots.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.