Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Second Chapter. I added some back ground story. Thanks for all the reviews. I wasn't expecting so many. Definitely motivated me to write this chapter.

Thanks to Qsmommy05 for the idea of including some background story as a flashback.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Wifey 2: The First Night...

 

Relaxing in her first class seat, Vanessa made herself comfortable. There was little she could do but be patient. She wasn’t feeling sleepy yet and didn’t want to use her iPad just to have to turn it off once the plane started taking off. She remembered the last time she had been on airplane to Korea. She had been so giddy and excited. They had their second wedding then. The first one was unconventional to say the least since it had been only them, the justice of the peace and his wife present.

    She remembered the first time she laid eyes on him. He had been as gorgeous as ever. That day she had been dragged to Boston by her friends despite her protests. She had ditched them as soon as she was able and in doing so ended up running into him on Boylston St.

 

***Flashback***

Vanessa was having a bad day and being on Boylston St with a bazillion people around was not helping her mood. She hated being in Boston in the summer months. People were crawling around like cockroaches. Her friends had dragged her to see a local band that were playing in the commons. She had voiced her protest and no one had listened. As soon as she had been able to get away, she ran. Going back home to Quincy was out of the question. Since she had been moping around her room, her mother had joined forces with her friends to get out of the house.

“I could always go to Cambridge. I haven’t seen Sarah in a while.”

Her  mind made up, She started toward the green line to take her to Cleveland Circle. She hadn’t been paying attention to where she was going until she bumped into someone.

“Sorry,” the stranger said.

Her apology died on her lips. She knew that face. There weren’t many people on the planet that had those facial features and she had seen it plastered enough time on Sarah’s walls that she could pick it out anywhere.

“Oh, My god. You’re umhh...” his hand muffled the rest of her sentence.

“Don’t say it,” he said and she nodded.

“What on her earth are you doing here?”she asked.

“I’m on vacation.” he said.

“In Boston? With that many people around?”

“What’s wrong with Boston. And it’s easier to hide in plain sight.”

“Good point. But still,” she said.

She eyed him up and down. From the pictures he had seen of him, he had dressed down. A lot down. He wore a simple gray BC t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and black converses. His base cap was a little askew, probably from bumping into her.

“You’re not going to scream, are you?” he asked wearily.

She shook her head. Her evening was looking up already.

“I won’t scream...”

“But?”

“Can you spend the rest of the day with me?”

“What? Why?”

“Why not.You said you were on vacation, right?”

“Yeah.”

She could hear the reluctance a mile away.

“Then what better way to see Boston then a free guided tour by a true bostonian.”

“You’re not going to kidnap me and tie me in your basement, are you?”

“What?” she balked.

He still look  incredulous.

“I promise it’s not going to be a bad scene out of Misery. I just want to hang out with you. My Korean friend Sarah never shuts up about you...oh, my god Sarah. She’s never going to believe this. You have to meet her.”

She started pulling on his arm. He pulled back, stopping her from dragging.

“Wait a minute. I didn’t agree to go anywhere with you.”

She stopped, fold her arms under her breasts and gave a look.

“I will scream bloody murder. There’s band playing in the commons. The press is bound to be there.”

“Are you serious?”

She batted her lashes and smiled coyly.

“Just for today.”

“Honestly? You don’t even know me.”

“That’s why we’re hanging out. I wanna know why the girls go nuts and wanna drop their panties when you’re around.”

He choked.

“They’re just excited,” he mumbled.

The blush on his cheek was endearing.

“So shall we go? Seu-ng-hyun Op-pa?”

    He blushed harder and allowed her to pull him along with her.

He ended up spending the rest of the day with her as well as the rest of his vacation. Somewhere along the way, they fell in love with each other. Choi Seunghyun was completely different from T.O.P.  Seunghyun was more reserve than his charismatic and extroverted counterpart. He was gentle, loving and a bit of push over but she had a feel that that side was reserved for those closest to him only. Plus, he shared her love of all things chocolate. She found an instant connection to him. It’s as if she knew him all her life.

He kissed her on the third night, made love to her on the fifth, and married her on the seventh; three hours before he boarded a plane to South Korea.

Her parents had been furious when she told them what she did. They grilled her for hours before they finally relented. The deed was done and there was little that could be done about it now. They might have been upset but she knew they were more disappointed that they hadn’t been a part of her special day. She was their only child and she knew her father had always wanted to walk her down the aisle and give her away to her husband. She knew how much her mother would have love to help planned her wedding day. She had selfishly taken that opportunity from them both. As much as regretted that, she didn’t regret marrying him. Even if she knew him for a week, she loved him. She truly believed in her heart that they were meant for each other. And someway, somehow, she will make their marriage work.

****End of flashback***

 

She ended up sleeping for ten of her fifteen-plus-hour flight. She blamed it on all the things she had to do in the past few days leading to her flight. Not that she was complaining. Being on a airplane was boring enough and she was grateful that she slept for so long. The remainder of her flight, she spent it catching up on her favorite TV shows and finishing the last chapter of the Hobbit. By the time the plane landed, She was feeling pretty good. Her husband was waiting and she could hardly wait to be in his arms again.

    Going through checkout was a breeze since she only had her carry-on bag. SHe had mailed all her clothes and anything else that she wanted with her to Korea last week and Seunghyun had already received them. She was looking forward to decorating their house. It was a brand new one. He purchased it a month a ago as a wedding gift for them. Since she hadn’t been able to be there with the selection process, he had flooded her email with picture and videos of different houses.

    The house they had both decided on was beautiful. It was very modern but still possessed some architectural features that she loved. It looked very spacious and the kitchen was just to die for. For a girl who had wanted to be a chef when she was little, she had immediately fallen in love with it. Today was the first time she would set foot in there. She only hoped that with time, it would come to feel like the home she just left behind.

    Having been in this airport before, she had no trouble navigating her way out. She didn’t expect him to be inside the airport. She knew how crazy his fans could get but seeing him standing there and holding this enormous bouquet of pink roses and white orchids warmed her heart.

    “Hello, Wifey. Did you miss me?”

    She jumped in his arms and wrapped hers around his neck.

    “You don’t know the half of it,” she said.

    He hugged her tighter and she knew that he had missed her just as much as she missed him. Letting go of him, she stood back and let her eyes feast on him. It’s been a year since they’ve laid eyes on each other.

    “Wifey, I think you got sexier since I last saw you.”

    She laughed.

    “I could say the same for you,” she said.

    “By all mean, don’t hold back on my account.”

    Her laughter dissolved into tears and she hugged him again, hiding her face in his neck.

    “I’ve missed you so much, Oppa.”

    “Me too, Yobo.”

    He held her until she calmed down. He wiped her tears before kissing her. They were in public, so they keep it chaste.

    “I thought I was going to meet you outside,” she said.

    “I couldn’t wait to see you.”

    She smiled.

    “You know if your fans knew you were here, they’d cause quite the commotion. Not to mention, beat me off with a stick for stealing their Seunghyun Oppa.”

    “They’re not that crazy. They can get a little too overzealous but they mean well.”

    “I can’t fault them. You’re quite loveable.”

    “Oh? Am I?”

    “Oh, yeah. I married you, didn’t I? After knowing you for only a week.”

    He smirked. He gave her another quick kiss before grabbing her small suitcase. He handed her the bouquet before lacing his freed hand with hers.

    “Let’s go home, Wifey.”

    She loved the sound of that.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. Please continue to support me.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.