Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Again please don't steal.




Author's Chapter Notes:

I dont own anyone or anything famous mentioned in this story. I simply own Aaliyah white and her clan.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

            This is it Aaliyah! This is your fresh start.... New clothes, attitude, city, state, and most importantly confidence! So in the words of RuPaul, "don't fuck it up." Just take a deep breath and don't be nervous. There's no reason to be nervous.
     "Move it!"
     I jumped, the rude pedestrian knocking me out of my stupor. I scoffed. Well then! 
     Shaking my head, I walked out of the vert famous LAX with my luggage in tow. Thus, triggering a certain Miley Cyrus song in my head. 
     Moving from Columbus, Ohio to Glendale, Cali is the biggest, riskiest thing I have ever done. To say all of my friends and family were shocked and doubtful is to say the least. They all think I can't do it and that I will be back in boring Columbus in less than a year. They say i'm too "sheltered", or "spoiled", or "uncommited". Well, I don't think so! Ok, so, maybe i'm a little sheltered or just maybe, maybe i'm a little spoiled but uncommited i'm not. It's safe to say that i left more determined to prove them oh so wrong! 
     Hailing a cab, "where to," taxi man "Bob" asks me while putting my lugggage in the trunk. I call every stranger "Bob" and "Bobett".
     "East L.A. Thank you."
     "No problem ma'am. The drive should be 'bout fourty-five minutes depending on traffic."
     Giving a distress looked, i take to the back seat while he in the driver's. He chuckles.
     "It won't be that bad ma'am. At least not with me."
     I smile," well taxi man, let's hope your right."
     Taking off to the desired destination "Bob" starts engaging in a one-sided conversation while i succumb into my thoughts on why i'm going make in my new life as a Californian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "And we are here ma'am. That'll be $54.60, that's tip included," Bob spoke pulling me out of my thoughts.
     Throwing him a "you have four heads and there's words coming out of your nose" look, he grinned. What the hell did you tip yourself? $30 freakin' dollars? I begrudgingly pulled out $60. Waiting for my cherished change i look out the window taking in my surroundings. 
     "Your change ma'am, $5.40."
      You bet your sweet ass my change! 
     "Thank you," grabbing my change and exiting the car. "Bob" was already out getting my luggage from the trunk.
     "Here you are and have a nice day."
     "Thanks you too!"
     Once again studying my surroundings, appreciating the beauty in everything; the palm trees, cute little suburb houses, various cars, young and careless children playing, and feeling that California sun on my skin. It feels so good to finally be here. I'm this much closer to proving them wrong. 
     Feeling good about myself, i unlocked the front door to my rented house and grabbed most of my luggage entering. Bringing in the rest of my stuff I shut the door, lock it, and pulled out my iPhone 4.
     Turning it on, I see that I have four missed calls and a billion and one text messages. All from my mother and father. Rolling my eyes, I dialed my moms' number fulfilling my promise to call her when made it.
     "Are you safe? Are you ok? Do you need me to come out there? Are you hurt? Don't talk to strangers! My baby!" This is exactly why I didn't call when I landed. I groaned.
     "Mom! I am fine! I'm in my house, I just got here and just turned on my phone. I'm fine, i'm not hurt or unsafe. My neighborhood is pretty nice and quiet. Full of kids. You know this. I'm just waiting for the movers so i can sleep on my nice comfy bed. Relax." 
     "You're right," she sighs, "i'm just being a worry wart. You're just so far away and I can get to you fast enough if something happens to you. I would feel so crush and terrible. You're the first of my six kids to move so far away. I almost think you can actually make it."
     I smacked my lips. Really mom?       
     Annoyance creeping in, "look mom i'm fine i'll talk to you later. I gotta call dad and respond to all of the texts i got and wait for the movers. They should be here soon."
     "But you just called. Who knows when you'll call again."
     I sighed in annoyance, "Mom don't be so dramatic. I'll call everyday. I'm a big girl you don't have to worry. I can take care of myself." 
     "What do you mean "don't be so overdramatic?" You are all the way across the U.S. not just 15 minutes away" 
     "Mom, you were just saying that I couldn't make it a year and mow you're crying i'm too far! Mom i gotta go, movers are here." I fibbed. Eager to get off the phone with my mother knowing that if i don't soon i would end this call with an argument.
     "Ok sweetie. I love you and make sure to call everyday."
     "Mhmm and i will. Tell my brothers and sisters I love and 
miss them." I heard her sniffle before hanging up. 
     I rolled my eyes, "such a drama queen."
     I dialed my dad.
     "Hello," his baritone voice rang through the phone.
     "Hey daddy, I made it. I'm in Cali!"
     "Are you enjoying so far? I can't believe you're so far."
     "I know! But yes I am enjoying it but don't worry Ohio has a special place in my heart."
    "That's glad to hear. Did you call your mother yet?"
    "Yeah I called and she was being her usual drama queen self. I don't see how you used to put up with her for 12 years."
     "Now Aaliyah, don't talk about your mother. She loves you."
     "Yeah well. Tell everybody I said hey and i love them. I wanna rest before the movers come." Suddenly feeling very drained. Must be the long flights.
    "Ok LeeLee, i love you an don't forget to call."
     "I love you too and i will."
     "Bye."
     I hung up. I miss my family already. I contemplate calling best friends Cody and Jasmine. I'm really tired and I definitely want to rest before the movers come. I'll just sent a quick text.

[To:Cody,Jasmine]
    Hey! I made it! Im in my cute little house. I can't wait till you visit! I'll call you when im all situated and slept. Love you!! 😘😘😘😘

     I peeked at the time. 4:12 p.m. I set my alarm for 5:30 and slipped into
Dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Knock! Knock! Knock!
     I was awaken by knocking on the door. I checked the time, 5:00. I sigh still feeling tired getting up to answer the door.
     I opened the door ti find the movers. 
     "Hello Miss White, I hope we didn't disturb you."
     Oh no, I was just sleeping. No biggie. 
     Shut up!
     I smiled, "no, no. So just put the boxes where they're labeled. Thanks."
    Mover #1 nodded and shouted orders.
     I moved out of their way so they can get done quicker. 
     An hour later the movers are done and i'm left with all of these unpacked boxes. Guess I better get to it.

__________________________
Sooooo, how did you guys like it??? Thoughts??? Negative and positive! This is my first so....... idk what the word is but..... anyhoo i won't harp about comments and what not but feel free to do whatever fits. Besides repot or something. Then i would be prrrety pissed. Lol. Toodleloo!!!

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.