Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's my take on the prompt. 500 words exactly. Woo Woo! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Letisha was so late; her alarm clock had broken somehow in the middle of the night. Mr. Swedleson was going to fire her for sure. Weaving her way through the busy sidewalk, she was just a few blocks away from her office. BAM! She ran right into a strange man standing a block away from her building. “So sorry.” She said as the older, handsome man helped her to her feet.

 

“You are the one.” He said. The tall stranger with dirty blonde hair gazed into her eyes. Letisha arched a dark brown eyebrow. “I'm sorry?” He took her hand as he reached into this blazer pocket. “Letisha Daniels. 40 years old. You grew up in the Outer Banks of North Carolina; you graduated UNC Wilmington many years ago. Your parents divorced and split you and your brother up.”

 

The curly haired woman pulled her hand away. “How do you know all of that?” He simply chuckled and stuck his hand out, holding a small red velvet box. A ring box?, she thought as he took her hand once more and placed into her palm.

 

“A mutual friend asked me to give this to you.” He said. Letisha was confused, what mutual friend?. He looked into her eyes and continued, “I have to warn you. What's in this box is very powerful. Life changing. It has the power to jump back into the past. I was told to trust that you wouldn't open it once it was in your possession. Please take care of this for me Letisha.”

 

She blinked as he pressed the box to her chest. She whispered, “Who are you?” The handsome gentleman began to walk away, placing a hand on her shoulder, he whispered back as she looked ahead of her. “Just call me destiny.” With that he turned the corner and carried on. Letisha was a bit spooked. However she reminded herself she was still running late to work and made a dash down the block for her office building.

 

Once she entered the building she ran past the crowd of gentleman exiting the elevator, catching the it just in time to take it up to the 16th floor. She thought about what the handsome stranger said to her. Time traveling? Yeah right. But her curiosity was stirring. What exactly was in this box? She sighed. She couldn't believe she was about to do this but... She opened the small box and gasped at it's contents. This is Mrs. Steven's ring?! She thought she lost it 20 years ago, only a year after Carmine had given it to her. That's when the elevator started shaking. She screamed as the car rocked violently and lights flashed rapidly. She screamed just before she blacked out.

 

----

 

 

Letisha finally came to. Opening her eyes she was in her old dorm room at UNC. She panicked and ran into what was then the bathroom. OH MY GOD... I'm 19 again...






Chapter End Notes:

So what y'all think? 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.