Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This was intended to be a one shot but I said what the hell and I'm posting it in different chapters so it doesn't drag as long. Enjoy. 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


May 2013

 

SCREECH!!! She slammed onto the brakes of the 200. She pressed her back against the driver's as her arms stiffened between her and the steering wheel. “Misty, why am I doing this again?” she asked the passenger and childhood friend on the opposite side of her convertible. Stopping in the middle of the street without warning made Misty smear her lipstick as she was applying it in car. Frustrated with her dear friend, Misty huffed and responded, “Because this is our ten year high school reunion and we want to see what everyone has been up to. Nicole, what is the problem?”

 

Nicole just shook her head in silence and tried to focus her attention back on the road as she placed her foot back on the accelerator. She sighed as she thought about what lead up to this point. Her beautiful friend Misty whipped her long black ponytail back and rolled her eyes as she began to wipe the lipstick off her cheek. Nicole felt bad about the random stop in the road but things in her life weren't where she expected them to be. She thought back about her failed marriage. She used to long for the day she could show off her loving, powerful, intelligent lawyer husband. Well that was until she found him in bed with his latest female client. Unbelievable.

 

Yet here she was, in her white Chrysler 200, pulling up in front of Carver High in North Hollywood. A place she was worried about coming back to. Misty's eyes lit up when she saw their old stomping grounds. Nicole however didn't have the same initial response. “Wow. Looks like these cheap bastards went all out for this thing.” Misty said, referring to the valet drivers that were waiting for each attendee as they arrived. Nicole was a bit impressed. Stepping out of the car and passing her keys off to the red vest-wearing young man. She pulled the skirt down on violet Herve Ledger bandage dress. It would be really embarrassing to let anyone here catch a glimpse of her panties.

 

Walking into there old gym, it was decorated much better than their senior prom had been all those years ago. Yet another memory she didn't want to think about. The Beastie Boys as blaring through the speakers and she looked over the dance floor was covered with people getting down. She wasn't mad at 'em. She and Misty glanced around the massive room looking to see if there was anyone they recognized right away. There were a few but not any that they were close with. Making their way over to the bar set up on the against the back bleachers, Nicole noticed that just about all the people that were in student government with her were now posted up near it. She wasn't very surprised. She scooted in with them and said her hellos, exchanged hugs, asked the 'What are you up to now' questions that everyone seemed to be passing around. Misty nudged her as Nicole sipped on her drink. “Isn't that Lynn Yoshito?” Nicole nodded looking over in Lynn's direction. Yeah it was her. She was the one that beat her for student body president their senior year. She was still just as pretty as she was when they graduated. Not that Nicole was jealous or anything she just always put head to head with her. There were constantly in competition with one another. Nicole took a sip of her drink as she looked over to see Lynn chatting up with several men that she believed used to be on the basketball team.

 

She was hoping Lynn wouldn't notice her or Misty. But it was as if she could hear her thoughts, the petite Chinese beauty squeaked and ran as fast as she could on her heels over to Nicole. “Nicky?! Is that you?!” Oh great. Nicole sighed, “Hi Lynn.” The shorter raven haired woman immediately wrapped her arms around, squeezing her tightly. “I thought that was you. How have you been?” Lynn asked stepping away. She looked over to see if Misty would bail her out if things got awkward between her and Lynn and Misty was gone. Traitor.

 

 

 

“Good. I've been good.” She answered.

 

Lynn smiled. “That's great. I'm glad your holding up well after your divorce. I honestly don't know what I would do if David and I split.” Nicole rolled her eyes and sipped her drink when she wasn't looking. “Word travels fast around here I guess.” Nicole stated.

 

But what she said registered, David? She didn't marry Rich? She heard Lynn married right out of school. But she had assumed it was to Rich Machima, her then high school sweetheart. So she had to ask. “Hey Lynn. Have you heard from Rich? You guys were thick as thieves in school.”

 

“Oh please.” She scoffed. “You and Rich were thick as thieves in school. We were always off and on.” Yeah, mainly because of you stupid bitch. Nicole thought to herself as Lynn went on. “We went our separate ways in '04. I haven't spoken with him since.”

 

“We weren't really that close, Lynn. He was my lab partner. We were on Student Council together. That's about all.”

 

Lynn giggled. “Could have fooled me. He talked about you all the time.” A shorter Asian man approached them. He rapped his hands around Lynn's waist and gave her a kiss on cheek, causing Lynn to giggle once more. “Oh honey. This is Nicole. She was my VP in the student body council.” David reached over and shook Nicole's hand.

 

“I hate to be a buzzkill guys but I gotta go look for my best friend. She seems to wandered off on her own.” Nicole said. “But it nice meeting you. Good seeing you Lynn.”

 

Lynn nodded as she and her husband scooted over to the bar. Nicole looked over to the dance floor and sure enough there was Misty shaking her ass. She'd been on floor grinding on Reggie Hayes, her ex. Nicole slowly shook her head, not really shocked all. Misty had been telling her at the hotel that she hoped that at least one out of her five ex-boyfriends still looked good. Nicole snickered at her friend up to her old antics.

 

“Little Nicky Brown. “ She heard a husky voice behind her. Nicole's heart nearly jumped out of chest when she heard it. Her chest grew tight and her breathing quickened. She turned on her heels and looked up to see Richard Machima about 4 feet in front of her. Damn he looked good! His light bronze skin had cleared up tremendously, he'd grown his hair out from the buzz cut she remembered. He stood before her in a dark gray Alexander McQueen dress suit with a matching dark gray tie, black leather shoes, he looked expensive. He looked yummy. Nicole managed to speak. “Richie Machima. I wasn't expecting to see you here.”

 

He put his hands in his pockets. “Wow. You look really good.” He said unable to take his eyes off of her. She wanted to blush but she couldn't help but remember there last encounter. That memory made her resist the urge to hug him. She smirked. “Thanks. So do you.”

 

There was a bit of awkward silence between the two. Nicole broke it, “Well it was great seeing you.” She turned back on her heels and headed for the gym exit.

 

“Nicole wait...” He called out chasing behind her.






Chapter End Notes:

Thoughts? I hope to have this updated tonight. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.