Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the long update. I hope you ladies enjoy this chapter!

The next story I'll be working on is Start Over and that will be a 3 CHAPTER UPDATE. 

stories/2209/images/Michail_House.jpg

Michail House 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


There’s just too much that time cannot erase


*          *          *


 


The neighborhood breathed old money. Miniature palaces aligned the street in their own little kingdoms, each one grand and magnificent from the other. A testament of the grand air they must have had in their heyday.


The air of the blue bloods was very intimidating to say the least. Yet, it gave me a clear picture of the source of my curiosity.


I was glad that Michail lived comfortably and that he had a source of financial support. The reassurance washed over me in waves snatching those horrid scenarios of him in some asylum being abused or worst wondering around town unsafely.


Absentmindedly, I started to compare the distance from my neighborhood to his. Even though I was driving, I could see that it was an easy two miles walk for him to get from here to mine.


Which brought on another combustion of questions that needed to be answered. And the closer I was to the house the more I felt like bursting.


Finally approaching my destination, I checked the crumble paper that I had written the address on to the numbers that settled above the grand front door.


The numbers matched.


Turning the ignition off I took the time to stare at the house before me.


The house wasn’t gaudy the simplicity of the design was beautiful then most of the homes that aligned the street. And where each house held an air of intimidation this house held the contradicting air of sadness and warmth.


Flipping the sun visor down to check for any mishaps. I didn’t want their first impression of me to be muddy.


Despite the little incident with Michail’s letters and that I resembled their deceased friend.


I wanted to be personable in their presence.


Inhaling deeply I gather my courage and stepped out of my car taking the first of many steps to this new path that I found myself on.


*          *          *


The interior of the house was the perfect reflection of the outside. It was open and warm holding a powerful air of simplicity that gave it a class all by it’s self.


Glancing over the parlor I quickly turned to my host. Sara seat in the chair with all the grace and pose that seem to belong to another era.


And I seat there self-consciously at my own self, so subtly I straighten myself in my seat in a small attempt to have somewhat of her pose.


It was silent between us as we took our tea that went on for several minutes.


To run away from the sudden awkwardness that seem to hover over us I turn my eyes to the ceiling taking in the beautiful molding.


Allowing myself to take in as much of this house beauty since this might be the last time I’ll ever come close to something so perfect.


“The house been in our family for several generations,” the interruption from the gentle voice of my host broke my gaze and brought me back down to reality.


I turn to her with a subtly smile, for finally being caught in my admiration of her home.


“It’s a beautiful house… the simplicity makes it a rare gem,” I guess she approved of my statement, for she gave me a smile that was warm and made her eyes twinkle.


“You didn’t come to admire the house,” I looked at her as she smiled at me with knowledge of my real reason that I really came to see.


“Will your brother be joining us?”


A soft sigh came from her lips that were so immaculate that I wouldn’t have known she had done such an action.


“His doctor advised that he shouldn’t partake in your visit after his little break down.”


It was like a slap to the face.


I couldn’t help but feel angrier towards my stupid curiosity and myself. How dense could I honestly be not thinking that at the very sight of me would cause him to have another episode.


“I’m-I’m completely sorry, I wasn’t thinking-“ and once again Sara cut me off.


“Don’t apologies Zenobia, I know my brother better than that doctor of his,” she said with a subtly roll of her eyes.


“Michail understands your not Maxine…so he won’t have another episode.”


I smiled at that with a little sense of hope that he might show. But once again I had wished to big, for in the next few seconds Sara spoke.


“But Michail chooses not to see you.”


I seat there dumbfound.


The thought that he might not want to see me never cross my mind. I seat there lost in my emotions of feeling like a compete fool.


The sound of glass being set down brought me back to the issue at hand.


Sara who was the quality of pose throughout the visit was truly showing me herself in front of my eyes.


Eyes downcast and hands tightly clasped together as if in prayer was showing the sign of how old this situation was truly making her.


“Like I’ve told you over the phone…my brother haven’t dealt with Maxine’s death. He was diagnosis with clinical depression a year after her death.”


I couldn’t say anything. There were no words to say. It was the confirmation to some of my theories and speculations.


She continued.


“I don’t know how my brother saw you or found out your place of residence…but seeing you caused something to trigger in his head with him comparing you with Maxine. And whatever emotion he felt at the minute believing that she was you caused him to snap.”


She lifted her head and once again was a woman of pose and grace than a woman that had the entire world on her shoulders.


“What I do know, was when I picked him up from the percent he caught sight of you and he felt immensely ashamed of his behavior. And he wished for me to convey his apologies.”


I nodded my head.


*          *          *


“I’m sorry that you’ve didn’t get the chance to speak with my brother.”


“That’s alright-“ I stopped in midsentence when I caught on the sound of music-correction a piano.


The house was one of those houses where you could hear what’s going on in the other rooms.


I didn’t know the piece that was being played, but it held a haunting sweetness to it that took over my senses sending me somewhere else.


I stood there in the foyer lost within myself by the bittersweet sound upstairs.


“That’s Michail,” came the soft interruption of Sara as she too looked in the direction that I stared.


“Doesn’t he play so beautifully?”


“Very much so,” I didn’t stop myself from saying.


“I think next time you visit he’ll play something more enchanting.”


I turn to look at her. I had thought that she wouldn’t want me to visit again seeing how her brother didn’t wish to be in my presence. A soft smile came to her lips as she turns to look at me.


“This house barely gets any company and I think it would be nice to have tea with someone.”


“Will next Friday do well for you?”


“I’ll make sure Lillian make chi tea for us.”


I agree with her as I turn one last time to take in the sound that the mysterious Michail was resonating.


I left the house with high hopes of a new friendship with Sara and the enchanting music that was Michail. 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.