Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Went through and made a few changes. Nothing major, just a few things here and there to make it flow better.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

“You tell all the boys "No"

Makes you feel good, yeah.

I know you're out of my league

But that won't scare me away, oh, no”

 

It was Thursday again.

 

Angela sat on the edge of her seat as anticipation gnawed ate her gut. Work was dragging on painfully and she couldn’t wait to get home. For the last 2 months she’d been receiving short letters every Thursday. They always started with the lyrics of a song and they were signed “You don’t know me yet but I have always loved you. H.”

 

At first the random letters scared her. Halving a secret admire was not a good thing in this day and age and to make matters worse the way she received the letters was no joking matter. They were always left on her coffee table in the foyer of her locked house. Her first reaction was to change all the locks but that didn’t slow him in the least. After a few failed attempts at keeping him out of her home she had started to anticipate the arrival of the letters. In recent years the course of her life was moving along a very boring track but this brought a spark of mystery back in her life.

 

Tuesdays and Thursday quickly became her favourite days of the week. She got up in the morning and went through her entire day for the sole purpose of reaching home and reading his written word. She was sure she and ‘H’ had never met before but he understood her like no one else did. His need to be accepted was expressed in the words he wrote and most of his sentiments mirrored hers. Before she knew it her entire life revolved around him and his letters.

 

Another game she enjoyed playing was catch me if you can. In essence she gave herself one try a week to see if she could catch him in the act of delivering the letters. Her first attempt was to install cameras all over her home and property. That was a complete failure, they would go blank for exactly 10mins and then letters would be waiting on the table. Since the cameras were unable to catch him in the act she had hired body guards. When she came home that evening they were out cold and her letter was waiting for her. In that letter there had been a last hand addition.

 

“You've carried on so long,

You couldn't stop if you tried it.

You've built your wall so high

That no one could climb it,

But I'm gonna try.”

 

………..

 

P.s nice try but you will have to do better than that to catch me, only you can do it. H

 

When all else failed she’d taken to leaving work at unpredictable hours and racing home in an attempt to catch him. She was never successful. The letter was always waiting on her. It was as if he knew her every move even before she decided to make it.

 

“Angela…..Angela,” called a voice that could make the deaf weep. The annoying voice of her boss broke through the cloudy veil of her musings.

 

“Yes Mrs Burns,” she asked unable to keep a note of disgust out of her voice. Dragon Burns always tried to keep her at work late, especially since she realised how much it meant for her to reach home early on Tuesdays and Thursdays. “Is there something I can do for you?”

 

“Since you’re not busy at the moment, could you possibly stop wasting company time and deliver these to accounting.” Even though her statement was phrased as a question, Dragon Burns voice told a different story.

 

“I would be delighted to,” she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she snatched the documents form her boss, who had the audacity to wear a smug self-satisfied smile.

 

“Would you let me see beneath your beautiful?

Would you let me see beneath your perfect?

Take it off now, girl, take it off now, girl

I wanna see inside

Would you let me see beneath your beautiful tonight?”

 

As she walked to accounting office she remembered her favourite letter and with the memory came a wave of anxiety. Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth feat Emeli Sandé was one of her favourite songs and it was the only song he used more than once. The song itself was a duet with on part sung by the male, the other sung by the female and the last part was sung by both together. She had a feeling that it would soon be time for their duet and while the exchange of letters was fun. Meeting him was a different story entirely.

 

Yes, she also left letter. It had taken her awhile but she had started leaving her own letters in response to his. At first she used random song lyrics mimicking the format of his letters. He would open the letters but he always left them on the table. Then she wrote one letter where she wrote the lyrics to Beneath Your Beautiful, it was the first letter he ever took with him. Subsequently she wrote three other letters.

 

1.“You let all the girls go

Makes you feel good, don't it?

Behind your Broadway show

I heard a boy say, "Please, don't hurt me"

 

2.” You've carried on so long

You couldn't stop if you tried it.

You've built your wall so high

That no one could climb it.

But I'm gonna try”

 

3. “Would you let me see beneath your beautiful?

Would you let me see beneath your perfect?

Take it off now, boy, take it off now, boy

I wanna see inside

Would you let me see beneath your beautiful tonight, oh”

 

She had run out of lyrics and he had run out of lyrics. It was time for their duet. Together.

 

Tonight they would finally meet…or so she hoped…maybe. In his letters he always talked about his fear of her not accepting him. He said that he used song lyrics because his own words might scare her and that they truly did not reflect what he wanted to say to her.

 

His longest letter was written on the first Tuesday of the second month. It incorporated all the lyrics of the song When You Look Me in the Eyes by The Jonas Brothers. 

 

“If the heart is always searching,

Can you ever find a home?

I've been looking for that someone,

I'll never make it on my own

Dreams can't take the place of loving you,

There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true.”

 

I have dreamt of holding you in my arms. You are the dream I have over and over again. Where I am pain and misery are abundant. There is always war or a fight of one kind or another. My family is influential so I am speared the harsh truths of such a world. Yet still I yearn for the peace of a home. A home in your arms.

 

“When you look me in the eyes,

And tell me that you love me.

Everything's alright,

When you're right here by my side.

When you look me in the eyes,

I catch a glimpse of heaven.

I find my paradise,

When you look me in the eyes.”

 

If you should ever look in my eyes, will it be out of love or fear. Will the woman who writes me sweet letter still exist if you actually meet me?  I have seen into your soul, I have looked in your eyes before. It was only for a moment and you were too young to remember. We weren’t friends, I was moving away but I knew you were my paradise and that someday you would be in my life. I have never thought of heaven, but if there was such a place, I imagine you would belong in such a place. Your beauty is my heaven.

 

“How long will I be waiting

To be with you again?

Gonna tell you that I love you,

In the best way that I can.

I can't take a day without you here,

You're the light that makes my darkness disappear.”

 

I have waited what seems like centuries to meet you. Ever since our first meeting I have waited to see you again. To talk to you, to laugh with you, to hold your hand and most of all to have you smile at me. If I had a moment such as this I would profess my love for you. It might not be in a way you appreciate or understand but it is the only way I know and it is the best I can do, even though I will try to be better so that I can become someone worthy of you. You are the light and I am the darkness. I will corrupt you, and I will hold you close.

 

“When you look me in the eyes,

And tell me that you love me.

Everything's alright,

When you're right here by my side.”

“When you look me in the eyes,

I catch a glimpse of heaven.

I find my paradise,

When you look me in the eyes.”

 

If the words I Love You should ever pass your lips in reference to me, I could easily die happy. If you stood beside me, I would be your support and you would be mine. Everything in the worlds would be alright. We would have our own world, our own little slice of heaven. If you asked for anything it would be yours because you are my paradise.

 

“More and more I start to realize,

I can reach my tomorrow,

I can hold my head up high,

And it's all because you're by my side.”

 

“When you look me in the eyes,

And tell me that you love me.

Everything's alright,

When you're right here by my side.

When I hold you in my arms,

I know that it's forever.

I just gotta let you know,

I never wanna let you go.”

 

We can have forever, should you choose to be mine even if it is only in a moment of weakness im not sure I can find the strength to let you go. No…I am sure I would never let you go. You would be my queen; I would forever look forward to tomorrow because I knew you would be by my side.

 

“When you look me in the eyes.

And tell me that you love me.

Everything's alright,

When you're right here by my side.

When you look me in the eyes,

I catch a glimpse of heaven.

I find my paradise,

When you look me in the eyes.

Oh”

 

I love you, now and forever. H.

 

His letters always raised more questions than they answered. His use of words made the meaning so vague and he hinted at things that made her wonder. Who was he really?

 

At first she loved the idea of him, a guy so truly devoted to her that he understood everything about her. Then she had started to develop feelings for the glimpses of his true self that he rarely let her see. At the moment she was totally in love with the idea of him and she hoped against all hope that he didn’t have two heads or worse was a woman because she wasn’t sure she could turn him away even if he was a monster.

 

Angela realised that she hadn’t moved a step in quite a while. Whenever she thought about “H” she lost track of time. She forgot everything but him and because of that she was late delivering Dragon Lady’s documents and no doubt would be kept back later for her negligence. She didn’t want to keep him waiting. Not since she was so eager to meet him.

 

Her legs started moving. Faster and faster they went, till she realised she was running. She needed to go now; she wanted to be at home…when he finally came to see her in person.

 

*******

 

 

“See beneath, see beneath,

I...

Tonight

I...”

 

When she got home from work her whole house was dark. It waited ominously at the top of the hill. She’d never seen her warm cosy house look so foreboding, especially since she had an automatic porch light that should have been on long before now.

 

As she started to speculate as to what had happened the light blinked on, cutting through the darkness.

 

He was here. Every fibre in her body knew. She parked her car and approached the house with caution. No matter how much she dreamed of him and how much she had made him into her knight in shining armour he could still be an axe wielding murder, though she sincerely prayed to the heavens that, that wasn’t the case.

 

Tonight would be their first meeting, or the first she knew about. It was where they would test if their voices truly worked well together. Excitement and fear had her fingers trembling. It took her minutes to get into her home instead of the mere seconds the task usually required.

 

As she opened the door, she realised the extent of the darkness that stretch from within. It felt as if it were pulling her in. She wasn’t sure if it was anxieties that were powering her irrational fear of the darkness or if it was really a living entity, like it seemed at the moment.

 

She took a deep calming breath and stepped inside. The porch light went out as soon as she crossed the thresh hold and the door swung close with an ominous thud. She jumped five feet in the air and turned in circles trying to find a light source. It was then that she noticed the dim light in the library was come on.

 

Curiosity got the better of her. Moving slowly, she cautiously approached. The pale beam of light barely broke the pitch black night and so moved carefully so as not to trip. She tried to make as little noise as she could.

 

Rounding the corner she prepared to meet her future. Whatever it was.

 

She stepped into the room glad he had chosen it; it was one of her favourite rooms in the house. The towering bookshelves gave her a small measure of comfort. Looking around she strained to see. Her preliminary search made her relax slightly as she saw nothing out of the ordinary. Then her brain processed information she had previously over looked or perhaps not noticed. She stepped further into the room and was startled to realise she was not alone.

 

Sitting in her favourite winged back antique chair was a person. On closer inspection the top of their head was visible over the back of the chair but in the darkness she’d managed to overlook that detail because their hair was so black it blended into the dark room.

 

“I'm gonna climb on top your ivory tower

I'll hold your hand and then we'll jump right out

We'll be falling, falling but that's OK

'Cause I'll be right here

I just wanna know”

                                                                                          

As she stared at the unmoving head her natural instinct was to run but doubted she could get away if he decided to give chase. Squaring her shoulder and stiffening her spine she went closer. “Hello?” she called into the darkness. Her voice broke slightly betraying her fear.

 

As her voice rang out all the lights came on, efficiently dispelling the darkness. The sudden light made her closing her eyes quickly. When she opened them the man was no longer sitting with his back to her, he stood facing her, and what a man he was.

 

Not only was he huge, he was magnificent.

 

“Hello,” he said tentatively.

 

His deep voice sent shivers down her spine and his look stunned her into silence. She drank him in, her eyes devouring the very sight of him.

 

 The man in front of her stood at least 6ft 7”, if his size wasn’t enough to intimidate you the way he dressed would have the bravest men running for the hills.

 

She appraised him, starting from his feet she moved her way up.

 

He wore biker boots that reached him mid-calf, the boots sported 12 skull buckles each. Past the boots was a pair of black jeans that rested at his hip, secured there by a skull and cross bones belt and chain thing. He wore a normal black t-shirt but over it was a leather jacket trimmed with spikes, crosses and skulls.

 

His hands were in his pocket and thus hidden from her view but she doubted she would have spent much time looking at them. Instead her eyes gravitated towards his neck. A tattoo was inked onto his skin. The words “Hell Rider” was forever marked into his skin in what appeared to be blood.

“Bloody Hell,” she said out loud without realising it. Swallowing she lifted her gaze from his neck and to his face. Half of her wished she hadn’t, the other half praised the heavens. He was an Adonis, all chiselled jaw bone, dark eyebrows, midnight black hair and sexy lips. Then she saw his eyes.

 

They were red. Drag me to hell red.

 

Fear rooted her to the spot. She wanted to run, her ears started to ring as panic set in. He took a step towards her and then stopped.

 

“I shouldn’t have come. I should have left thing the way they were and remain faceless. At least then you wouldn’t be afraid of me.” His voice that had been tentative before was now cold and devoid of emotion.

 

“Maybe if you sat down you wouldn’t scare me so much,” she squeaked out and if you didn’t look like you were dressed for a midnight sacrifice I might relax, she thought to herself.

 

He immediately sank to the floor, crossing his legs as he went. “Is this better,” he asked, his voice holding a hopeful note.

 

Angela took a deep and calming breath. “You don’t have to sit on the floor,” she said, her voice slightly stronger than when she spoke before.

 

A sardonic smile touched his lips. “You are about to fall over. When you sit down in a chair, I will tower over you if I am sitting in a chair as well. I don’t want you to fear me, sitting on the floor is a small price to pay if it means your heart will stop racing.”

 

She didn’t want to sit. It would make her vulnerable it was impossible to run if she was sitting. She couldn’t tear her eyes from his gaze as he sat silently staring at her. He had a tender look in his eyes and if she wasn’t so frightened she might have responded to it.

 

“I will go...” he said, attempting to rise from the floor.

 

She didn’t know what forces came over her but panic at the thought of him leaving flooded her body and blocked her usually rational brain. “Wait!!! Don’t go”

 

“I must,” was his forceful reply. “You’re about to have a heart attack, I have waited a long time for you. What are a few more years, I will stay away until you can accept me.” His voice was deep and the context of his words escaped her. Looking at him he couldn’t be much older than 25, even though the look in his eyes belonged to a much older soul.

 

“It’s not that I want you to leave per say, it more that you intimidating as hell and the way you dress scares the crap out of me. It’s like you’re going to chain me up and drag me to hell to torture me.” Being subtle was not her strong suit and in times of great stress she tended to say whatever was on the top of her mind. Dread settled in her stomach as she realised what she had said to him. She opened her mouth to apologize when she was cut off by a deep laugh.

 

He was now doubled over at the waist and leaned at an odd angle. Making his once harsh features seem slightly childish. This was particularly interesting because he was half sitting half standing. It would have been absolutely hilarious if she could risk laughing.

 

“I want to drag you to hell but torturing you is the last thing I want to do. What I have in mind is more along the lines of tying you to my bed and loving you slowly.” In the space of two seconds he had gone from doubled over in laughter to seducing her…and creeping her out.

 

“Telling me you want to drag me to hell is not winning you any brownie points and I’m going to ignore the rest of it because I can’t deal with it right now.” She had somehow managed to up root her legs and she trudged over to a chair, she collapsed into it with a relieved sigh.

 

She now sat directly in front of him. For some reason the fear she felt was receding into a corner of her mind where she could inspect it at another time.

 

She sat directly in front of him and took the opportunity to inspect him. The eyes that she could have sworn glowed red were now a silver colour that looked like liquid mercury. Staring into his eyes produced a similar effect to drowning and more specifically sinking. If eyes were the windows to the soul then his was a fucking encyclopaedia. His soul was reflected there, she just had no clue how to read or interpret it.

 

“You’re not afraid anymore…”

 

Even though he posed his words as a question, to her ears it sounded like a statement. “I’m too exhausted to be afraid.” She was weary, she didn’t know if she could trust him, yet she felt completely safe with him.

 

“I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad. I don’t want you to be afraid but at the same time I don’t want you to be so emotionally drained. Is there anything I can get you?” he asked. His voice was laced with concern and what she swore sounded like love or at the very least genuine affection.

 

“I’m alright. We got off on the wrong foot. Let’s start over from the beginning.” Her voice was calm and she was sure it masked what her cunning mind was up to.

 

He smiled a toothy smile that reminded her of a panther stalking its prey. At the moment her smile seemed like a stupid joke that was more likely to annoy him than anything else.

 

She stared right into his eyes and she gathered her courage. She would not be intimidated in her own home. “What the FUCK are you doing in my house and how did you get in?”

 

From the look on his face it was evident that he was not expecting her question. His face contorted into a confused look, then it went blank and three seconds later he was rolling on the floor.

 

She couldn’t figure him out. He dressed like a serial killer but acted like a high school boy.

 

“There are no doors that can keep me out, I am the night and the night is me. Second of all…you know why I’m here.” His answer was clean cut and bland. No humour leaked into his voice. It was strange considering how he had been rolling on the floor laughing at the same time he was talking.

 

“What a relief,” she said sarcastically. “At least your back to being your usual cryptic self.” Her words only served to amuse him more. His laugh intensified and his voice deepened. At the rate he was going she was starting to worry that there might be something wrong with him.

 

Just as she was about to call an ambulance he sobered up. “I have waited so long for you. You bring colour, joy and life back to me.” His voice was soft and serious. The words were delivered in a brisk manner but it sent shivers down her spine just the same. He had a way with words, pure, simple and elegant. He always managed to say the right thing.

 

“You make it sound like you were dead,” she said. Her voice trembled and broke again but this time for an entirely different way.

 

“In a way, I was. Life had become so mundane and boring. I was simply moving through it

without actually living and then there you were. Life became vibrant and exciting.” He added no embellishment to his words. It was the simple truth and he delivered it with a shy confidence that had the stone walls around her heart crumbling.

 

She knew exactly what he was talking about. His words describe her life. What was more shocking was that she didn’t know at what point she’d stopped living. Not until she had started to receive his letters. It was at that point that she realised that her life was mundane and all her youthful passion was gone. That was also the point at which she had started to anticipate his letters.

 

Taking a deep breath she stood up. Moving over to him slowly, she paused then stood before him. His eyes were watchful, he searched her every movement for an indicator of what would happen next.

 

Now that she was closer to him she could smell him. He smelt like fire and roasted chest nuts. A natural male muskiness wafted off of his skin and ensnared her senses. Without conscious decision she did what she had wanted to do since she got his first letter.

 

She threw herself at him and hugged him tight.

 

He was completely unprepared for her assault. His body jerked on impact and they began to tumble backwards. He hugged her body to his, pulling her with him as he fell. His body connected with the floor and she felt the impact in her own, which was so closely moulded to his.

 

She started to rise but his arms tightened around her, effectively imprisoning her. “Sorry,” she whispered quietly, afraid to breathe and break the moment. “That had to hurt,” she continued.

 

“It’s worth it.” was his simple reply. She waited for him to say more but nothing else was forth coming.

 

She was content to lie in his arms, so she just burrowed closer. His body was like a walking oven. His high temperature just added to her comfortable euphoric feeling. “Can I ask you a question?” she asked tentatively, afraid to disrupt there tentative relationship.

 

“Anything!” was his quick reply.

 

“What’s with all the black, crosses, skulls and crossbones?”  She felt his laugh more than she heard it. The deep rumbling sound caused his whole body to shake. It was so intense she felt the vibrations at the centre of her own body.

 

“It’s a family thing. We are thought to be a pretty rebellious bunch and we thought it was only fitting that we dress the part.” His voice indicated that there was more to it than he was letting on but she didn’t know him well enough to pry. Even though she was currently lying on top of him…

 

“Your parents approve of this look?” she asked incredulously.

 

“Approve?” he asked, his dark brow shooting sky wards. “My dad is worse than me and I refuse to be seen with my mom in public. Let’s not even go down the road of my grandparents.” Even though his voice sounded exasperated, there was a fond smile on his face that told her what he really thought about his family.

 

Then his words hit her. A giggle escaped as she tried to picture his family. His grandparents dressed in leather had her letting out a full body laugh.

 

“So…you plan to tell me your name?” her voice held a curiosity that only a kitten could match.

 

“Well…I want to but I’m not sure how you’re going to take the news…I don’t want to freak you out again.” His voice was small. She hadn’t thought that would be possible.

 

“Come on! How bad could it be?” she asked playfully.

 

He winced and the involuntary action had her becoming really serious. He took a deep breath and sat them up. “My name is Ian Jonathan Hades the third.”

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.