Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Steamy things ahead, beware. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Jasper,” I called, once I climbed to the second landing. By the open door, he was done in the house’s bathroom, but it seemed vacant. “Jasper…” I called again.

“The back room,” he answered and I followed his voice. I reached the doorway to see Jasper submersed in paisley and polyester from the bedroom’s window treatment. He was clad in his fighting clothes, ready to hit the road; Jasper stood out from the obnoxious yellow hued wallpaper. At my silence, he glanced over and surveyed my summer dress. “Are you going to stay in that?” he smiled.

“Yes, I going for the distressed damsel look,” I joked.

He laughed, and offered a hand toward me. “Come here.” I obeyed and stepped into his hug. Arms around his waist and head on his shoulder, we turned back to the view of the backyard and beyond. “Jasper,”

“Yes…?”

“Do you think things will ever feel normal again?” His head shifted, to allow a kiss against my forehead. I moved closer into his embrace and warmth.  The soldier couldn’t offer me comfort in familiarity.

“Like before the war?” he asked.

“No, I don’t think that’s possible, but maybe like this.” He chuckled with understanding and squeezed me tighter.

“Like us staying in this house, hiding out in the basement?” He laughed and I poked him in retaliation. “Hey, I’m not saying it’s a silly idea,” he explained. Both arms wrapped around my waist and he moved behind me. “I would love to stay here, plant some vegetables, clean this place up, do the works, but that’s not in our future.”

“We can’t run forever,” I responded seldom, turned from the view to gaze at him. His soft hazel eyes captured me in a heated expression. My fingers moved up his arm to slide around his neck. I played with the little curls at the base, and smiled when chills spread through his body. Jasper tightened his hold on my waist and took a step forward. My back hit the window, and his hands lowered to my thigh. “Uhh…” I moaned as he lifted me and slid closer. “Jasper?”

“Mmhmm…” his attention was on the fastest way to slide my underwear off.

“I don’t want to run anymore…” I whispered, like a timid child. He paused, eyes met mine.

“Not forever…I’ll make sure you don’t have to run forever.” He stepped closer, left no room for air. A deep moan escaped my lips as the burn of carnage returned. “You believe me, right?”

I nodded slowly, with full confidence in his reassurance. I believed in him, had no doubt in our trust. Satisfied with my answer, Jasper’s lips came down on mine in a sweet embrace. However, the sensuality of the moment soon turned to thirst.

My arms tightened around his lean shoulders, fingers gripped his hair for more, as his tongue battled mine. His hips danced a fast jig between my legs; my thighs tightened to keep him in the right spots. “Oh…god,” I gasped when Jasper mouth left mine and fell along my collarbone. Two hands gripped my butt and slid me higher along the glass.

“I need you so bad…” he begged, his ministrations gained strength. He crossed my legs around his back, swiftly unbuttoned my dress and suckled on my exposed breast. I arched into him, my own arms abandoning their previous job to capture the hem of his shirt.

“Lose it…” I ordered and he moved apart long enough to lift his t-shirt above his head and on to the floor. I dropped my legs to get to the zipper of his pants. My fingers reached beneath the waistband in seconds and produced him, hot and weeping. “Shit,” he cursed, his palms flat at the sides of my head, while his hips moved frantically in the palm of my hand.

“Please…” I cried, when he was soaked and my insides were on fire. We were beyond foreplay, past the point of slow, I needed him now. Wanton and ready, I jumped into his arms and  was speared. “Ahh…” Wide mouth and head against the window, I breathed harshly through the sudden pain. In the midst of our desires, we forgot how long we’ve been apart. Jasper gritted back his intended thrust and allowed me to become reacquainted with him. Instead, succulent lips came back to my mouth, and hungrily I accepted. Gradually, he began to work in and out. In and out, while my body sucked him tightly. With a few hisses left on my lips, Jasper picked up the pace.

Back and forth, he pummeled my core, made it weep for more. My hands never found their way back to his neck; instead they grabbed at his fleshy ass and encouraged him to go deeper. He cursed at the pinch on my fingers and bit down on my lower lip. The slight pain was enough to have me whimper and tremble. I was on the verge… “Deeper…please…” I begged, whispered repeatedly even though he was giving all that we both could handle.

“Oh fuck…” he cursed one last time, before I felt his heat stretch and my eyes rolled. Within, he pushed all the way, kissed my cervix, and took me over.

Euphoria had never felt so good than this moment. Even as the first orgasm settled, another rose quickly from his constant thrusts. My convulsions matched his rhythm and sent him to heaven’s gate. With the last powerful plunge, his right hand moved between us, quickly, pulled him out and flipped me over. “Yes…” he growled as the orgasm sent his seed over my ample cheeks and his head on my shoulder. With every shot of his searing juice, aftershocks took hold and left me limp.

My eyes met the sunshine, and the dream continued. My attention and energy spent while vibrations coursed through me, I let my eyes lower. I scanned the endless golden fields of grain, swept over the willowy hay barrels that lined the start of the backyard and landed on…Michael.

Blue scotching eyes, as clear as the sun’s rays, met mine. Tight jawed and narrow eyes, I gasped at the rawness of his emotions. Jealousy, anger, and hint of intrigue, had his gaze glued to this window, and I knew he witnessed it all.

Jasper was the one to pull me away the man’s fiery trance. He used the dress to wipe off the evidence from my skin, and bridal style, carried me to the bed. Sore and fatigue, I laid across the surface and he wiped me clean and did the same to himself. He replaced my dress with a shirt and pants, and then he clothed. Exhaustion had me in and out of consciousness, but I didn’t slip fully away until the door was locked and barricaded, a gun was in my hand, and Jasper laid beside me with his rifle. However, even with the weapons, I felt content to face the end at that moment.

***

By time the food was laid out on a table and ready, Jasper and I were up from an hour nap, bathed, and clothed. While Jasper put back on his blacks, I opted for pair of stretch skinny jeans, brown knee high lace-up shit kickers, and a ribbed long sleeve shirt. Though we carried all our belongings, once in a while, we raided a home in search of new clothes for the season. Our last raid was a Mansion somewhere in North Carolina. Michael added more layers too; a steel colored knit top, heather gray cargo pants and a black mulit-pocket jacket.

I was the first to sit at the bench, Michael sat across from me, and Jasper joined last. I shied away from any eye contact with Michael and opted to look at Jasper instead; it wasn’t hard. His tan skin glowed in the sunlight and black curly hair glistened from his wash. He was made to model, even with the hard times, he still had great looks. Michael, on the other hand, was pure man and oozed sex appeal. Sculpted cheekbones, piercing eyes, and full berry stained lips complimented his sun kissed tan; his short beard alone would have most women panties soaked.  Silently, I admired them both, pretended that their conversation entertained me.  

“So, Buchanan, where are you traveling after this?” Jasper asked through a mouthful of food.

“Don’t know and call me Michael,” composed as ever, I snuck a glance, only to receive an intense stare. My eyes dropped back to my plate, thankful that my blush was hidden. Then he asked where we were going.

 “We have friends waiting for us in Georgia, a whole bunch of them.” Jasper lied.

“It should take us about another week to reach it,” I added for emphasis. Our friends were long gone, and if anyone of them made it to the cabin, they were no longer our friends. However, we still carried the directions, never changed plans, and by the states we crossed, Jasper led us toward it. I still prepared the apology speech we’ll recite to my friend’s parents.

“We’ll be there in three days,” Jasper corrected. Shocked, I looked at the crazed man and shook my head no.

“Impossible; unless you run at top speed and come across no Zs,” Michael voiced, also as shocked as I.

“Impossible for you, we’ve done it before. We have food, supplies, and caught up on sleep.” Jasper put down his piece of meat and returned Michael’s challenging gaze. “Of course, you can take what we can’t carry, and then we’ll split ways.”

There was a tense moment between the men, unspoken words transferred, and I had a feeling there would be no peaceful solution. Michael was the first to break it and stood from the table. “You can split whatever rations you want, but I’m going with her.”

“What?” I gasped.

“Excuse me?” Jasper snapped.

Michael started to clean up, like he said nothing out of the ordinary. However, Jasper and I nearly fell over our seats.  We never took anyone in; it was a first that he even camped out with us and now he wants to follow me.

“What the hell, Celeste?” Jasper turned to me, suspiciously, and my hands shot up in defense.

“I don’t know what he’s talking about,” I answered honestly and shot Michael a glare. He accepted it without any retort and continued packing away the food. “What the hell, dude?” I yelled and stood.

“I owe her my life,” his matter of fact tone threw me for loops.

“Michael, it’s cool,” I intercepted Jasper’s response. “You found the garbage room and sliced that Z in the basement. We’re even,” I said, tried to be nonchalant but I never experienced such devotion before.

“Celeste,” Jasper pinned me with a look of deception, and rose from the table, his chest out and nostrils flared. “Well, we’re supposed to be a team,” he turned back to Michael, “and before you think you can just join us, we need to talk first. Maybe, you forgot how it is working with someone since you’ve been all alone.”

At Jasper’s words, Michael’s face twisted into sudden anger before he masked it away. He approached the table, right across from Jasper and stared him down. “You don’t know what it feels like to be in a team. You’re so blinded by what you think that you can’t even see a good opportunity in front of you.”

“Yeah, well, it seems like I saw a good opportunity when I locked you up in the bathroom. That’s how I was able to play ‘weekend shopping’ in the market,” Jasper spat.

“Well let’s see how your opportunity will help you when I don’t have a gaping hole in my side,” Michael challenged and suddenly Jasper’s hunting knife stabbed the wooden table.

“BOYS!” I screamed, and immediately ran to Jasper’s side. “Cut it. Michael, thank you for your devotion, but Jasper and I should talk about this. We’ve never had anyone join us, and were not saying we won’t let you, but it’s smart to consider our options. Jasper inside now!” I ordered, like the strict mother he needed. With that I moved from the table and picked up my bow and arrow, and…

“Look out!” This time when I toward the house, it wasn’t a flying vegetable but a woman…an undead woman, with one hanging and black oozed down her mouth. Immediately, I aimed for her, but underestimated how close she was. Pulling the arrow away from the bow, I stabbed it right through her missing eye socket and watched her drop like a fly.

“Celeste, to the right!” I spun to my right and saw a nasty bastard, with chattering teeth and flesh dripping from his jaw. When I launched the arrow this time, it hit him straight in the head. Then another Z came from behind him.

“Where are they coming from?” I yelled and moved backwards.

“To the cellar,” Jasper ordered and three of us fought our way to the doorway. Michael was the last to enter, beating the shit out of this fat fucker and severing another’s head when he closed the door.

In seconds, time raced as we grabbed our belongings and weapons.  Jasper handled his machete and rifle, and climbed the basement stairs, by time I picked up my bag, gun, and knife.

“Go now.” Michael pushed me up the steps first, while he pulled up the rear again.  

“Holy shit…” Jasper cursed from the kitchen window and I glanced to see ten of those shitters banging at the cellar door. “Where the fuck did they come from?”

“It doesn’t matter. We need to get out of here.” Michael spat out.

“The front door,” I suggested and didn’t wait for them to race through the house. As soon as I reached the front, I unlocked the door and wrenched it open. Heavy breaths echoed behind me as we shot down the porch and across the field. As we put distance between us and the house, more Zs were spotted in the distance from the town center and suddenly I was taken down. A heavy body lay across me and Jasper’s face, to the right of mine.

“Fuck, shit… Are you still bleeding dude?” Jasper whispered harshly.

“No. I stopped bleeding a day ago.”

“Are you Celeste?”

“No. I swear.” The small amount I spotted couldn’t have triggered them. “It must have been the smoke from the food.”

Michael rolled off me, and immediately, came the sound of a zipper.  He shuffled through his duffel filled with weapons and produced something small and round. “As soon as I let this go, run for the woods. Do you understand?” he ordered military style. About a hundred feet in front of us was the tree line and with the cover of the grenade, we should make it. I nodded and figured Jasper did the same, because the man began to count. “On the count of three, one…two…three!”

Sophisticated weapons were never exposed before the war, but now days, most people had some military grade around. Most of the time, they were guns; a few had bombs, but mostly homemade.  So I underestimated the strength behind the small object. As soon as Michael threw the bomb, we jumped up and ran with all the energy we could muster. However, seconds later, a sound one would think came from jet engine, sent us flying into the trees from sheer force.

Thrown, my body hit into a tree and with a heavy thump, I landed on my side. Every bone in my body exploded with pain and bit my lip to keep from screaming. Through gasps, I rolled onto my back and looked in the sky at the array of colors ignited from the blast.

My head too heavy to lift and my hearing fucked, I feared solidarity. I turned from side to side, looked out for the guys or Z’s and came up empty. Fuck, I had to move. That explosion was sure to bring more of the undead.

Cursing, I struggled to my feet, dazed with an urge to vomit. “Jasper…Michael…” I whimpered, but I couldn’t tell how loud. I moved a couple of feet and rested against a tree. This time I made a sparrow bird call and slumped down while the noise echoed.  And then I heard it, twice.

Someone shuffled behind me, and swiftly, I swung my knife its neck. With the blade against warm flesh, I looked into the pale blue eyes of Michael.  Slowly, his left hand wrapped around my knife hand and removed it from his jugular; his eyes still on me.  Another addition appeared, and Jasper walked with a limp.

Another explosion blasted into the sky, sent his jumping, but the tree provided cover.

“Alright, fine. You’re with us…for now.” Jasper addressed the other man, and then looked back toward the woods. “Georgia, here we come.”

“However, let’s find a car to hijack first.” Michael added and I realized his common sense was a better asset to Jasper and I than his weapons.

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading another chapter, everyone.  I hope you enjoyed it, and can't wait to bring you more action, now that the gang is on the move. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.