Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Glory

 

 

 David James Gandy

 

 Glory's Mother: Rose

 

 

 




Author's Chapter Notes:

Dear Ladies of the chamber,

I know some of you are awaiting updates for other stories but I will be honest with you and from the bottom of my heart, I will not update these until the muse is back. I cannot and will not sit down and try to bang out something that does not feel natural for me. I'm sorry for those who may see this new story and think, she wont finish this. At the rate my muse is running with this I will do my best to update and update this story. These two have been on my mind for a while.Again I am sorry for those of you waiting updates for other stories. Who knows, one day you'll see it get updated but for now.

 

Enjoy David and Glory.

xoxo.BL




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The camera flashes threw Glory off beat as she walked down the street. She helplessly tried shielding her face with her bag, muscling through crowds of photographers who were throwing a million and one questions at her. Running up the stairs the stairs to her brownstone, she slammed the door shut to her dorm and looked at the picture of her within People magainze. You could clearly tell it was her with the world's most handsome and highest paid male model of the moment David Gandy. 

 

Glory slid down to the ground with her back against the door and shook her head at the images inside the magazine. Her and David sharing a drink. Him placing his hand on her back as he whispered something in her ear. 

 

'Oh my God,' Glory kept thinking as she read the title. "Gandy's New Love?"

 

Her body temperature dropped by the minute because she knew exactly what would happen. Her mother would call and ask her why she was in a bar, flirting with a man who clearly looked older, all the while in a tight leopard body con dress. Completely contrary to everything everyone at her church knew her as.

 

Battling with her identity and what she wanted/believed in her life, Glory decided to lead a double life. While with her mother she only wore skirts, no make up, no earrings, and especially nothing too tight. But when she went out and about with her friends and especially post graduation, she had sexified her closet. Buying her first pair of jeans at 20, without her mothers knowledge, Glory could see her reputation and credibility crumbling before her. No longer the innocent church singer. The facade was up.

 

What she had done in the dark had finally come to light.

 

She didn't have the strength to move from her floor and felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. It was her friend Verna, she was not in the mood to entertain stupidity. She ignored it and felt her phone vibrate again. Everyone was calling her but she knew she would have to be a big girl and confront her mother.

 

Dialing her mothers number she waited as it rang and it rang. She heard someone knock on her door and quickly got up to see who it was.

 

Her mother.

~

 

David stared at the magazine article and smiled remembering Glory's scent of coconut. She was warm, kind, and hilarious. As far as he could remember. They had ran into one another while he went to grab a drink at a lounge before he retired for the night when she walked in with her friends, dancing the night away.

 

Immediately feeling attracted to her, David found himself gravitating till he bought her a drink and she was sweet enough to even allow himself to introduce himself. She had told him, 'I only know your name, but not because you wanted me to know you personally. Because it's your job. So tell me your name if you want me to personally know you." David was taken back her statement but it was at that moment that the lustful desires to have her began to arise. 

 

Ultimately after his advances, she denied him stating that she was waiting till marriage. He respected it and they both left without an exchange of numbers or anything. He continued on with his life and he was sure that she would also.

 

But now with this article in front of him he was brought back to the fateful night in New York a few weeks ago. He didn't only feel a sexual arousal around her, he was captivated by her when she spoke. She was petite but also a dangerously curvaceous woman that was seen through her dress. David wondered why she wore something that left nothing to imagination when he was satisfied enough with the smile on her face. Everything else was just a bonus for him. 

 

He knew she must have had some insecurities. Although she had put on a strong front in front of him, David knew, she obviously didn't think she was as beautiful as he saw her to be. But he couldn't and wouldn't engage or even entertain the thought of a date with her. She was far too sensitive for it. The type to get attached probably. Which would not work with his hectic schedule of flights every other day. Now here she was, plastered all over a magazine. Because of him. 

 

"Find me her number," David told his assistant and put on his jacket, "I already have a flight to New York tonight anyways. Might as well pay her a reconciling visit."

 

"David, we don't need crowd control. It'll die down. Besides people are seeing this as just  a night escapade. You're seen as an equal opportunist. Black women, white women. Whatever. Nothing that serious," his assistant said typing away on her laptop reading some of the articles bloggers were beginning to write.

 

"Excuse me," David sounded disgusted fixing his jacket, "This innocent girl is going to be eaten to shreds by the media and you want me to just stand by and let it happen? Get her number, then you're fired."

 

He walked out the door before his PR Agent called him in a frantic. David effortlessly answered the phone and managed a smile to the paparazzi asking him if he was on the phone with the new lady in his life.

 

"I knew you'd call eventually," David said driving off in his Maserati to his apartment.

 

"David. What am I supposed to release? Is she something serious?"

 

David walked around his apartment and began to throw things into his suitcase when he suddenly stopped, "Why wouldn't she be?"

 

"I just didn't think you liked...." his PR treaded carefully.

 

"I met her one night and we clicked. Nothing more. No sex. Nothing," he ranted like a grocery check list.

 

"So, you aren't dating." His PR said making note of his following statement. 

 

"No, I am single at the moment." 

 

And with that David went to Heathrow Airport and boarded his flight to New York.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.