Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the first time I am sharing my work so i hope ou guys enjoy. I would love to know what you think and how I can improve 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Braxton Cavanaugh fiddled with his thumbs as he patiently waited for Oliver Monroe to return to the living room. He was planning to ask for his daughter's hand, but from the way Oliver had to excuse himself just made Braxton aware that the man already knew.

Braxton looked around his girlfriend's childhood home. The place was covered with pictures of Janelle, frames filled with her as a little girl. He smiled looking at all the different frames. There was one of her in a Cinderella dress with a tilted crown on top of her head. She gave the camera a big grin, with her two front teeth missing. Her arms were holding her grey and white husky. Hunter, he thought. She still had Hunter but he was ten times the size he was back then.

The one next to it was of her and her dad; she looked terrified at what he assumed to be her first bike ride. She rode on a bright pink bike down the street; her dad was behind her holding the bike. He had big smile on his face.

He laughed at the next one of her with a pillow in her hand and jumping on the bed. Her hair was everywhere as she was in mid-jump as the picture was taken. Her face was red with laughter looking at not the camera, but the person behind it.

He leaned over closer to one of the picture and saw Janelle and hunter running through a sprinkler in her bathing suit. The thing that Braxton made this one his favorite picture was the grin she was wearing and all over her lips was orange, he chuckled as he saw the Popsicle stick in her hand.

The last one on the shelf was a picture of her in her cap and gown with her father in next to her. She was standing on her tip toes as she gave him a kiss. And he had tears in his eyes holding tightly onto to her. Braxton could see why he the man never really seemed to like him. Now he could see what it really meant for him to be there.

 "Isn't she something?" He was surprised when he heard a voice from the doorway.

Braxton nodded his head "Yeah, she's quite a women."

He turned around to look the man in the eyes. but Oliver was staring at the pictures behind him. he could see him wishing he could rewind to the days when she was playing Cinderella, riding her first bike, jumping on the bed with no care in the world, all those members could be seen in the man's eye.

Braxton saw tears build up in his eyes as he looked toward him. He didn't blame him; he knew this was going to be tough on him.

Braxton knew that Janelle always thought of him as her Prince Charming, but it was only today that he realized that she would always be the little girl in the Cinderella dress.

"You'd better take care of her, son." He said, tears long gone were replaced with stern look. 

"I sure will." Braxton smiled and nodded his head smiling.

"Janelle, can you come out here!"

Janelle came in to the room.

"Yes Dad?" Janelle asked as she walked towards them. Her smile soon fell when she saw him.

"Braxton, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came here to talk to your dad." He said.

"About what?" She looked back and forth between them.

Braxton didn't answer he just gave her smile.

"You want to go for a walk?" Braxton asked casually waking up to her.

"Sure, is everything okay?"

Braxton didn't answer her; he just took her hand and went towards the door.

But Janelle stopped the before they could get there. She let go of his hand and went back to her father. She gave him a hug and whispered something in his ear that made him hug her tighter. That's when Braxton understood that it might take a while for Oliver to accept the fact that he would be marrying his baby girl because after all she would always be his little angel, the apple of his eye, the princess to his knight. Braxton understood that he would always see Janelle as his one and only little girl. But he also understood that to Oliver Monroe, Braxton would always be the man that stole Cinderella.






Chapter End Notes:

Hope you guys liked it. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.