Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you guys enjoy the prequel. It was really fun re-imagining Aaliyah as a girl, barely out of her teens.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 Twenty-year-old Aaliyah Wyndham walked into the terminal at Atlanta International and took the only empty seat in her section, feeling conspicuous among the tall, tan and blonde crowd that had seemed so ubiquitous in her area of the airport. Not that they were all blonde. The woman who had been seated to her left was a brunette with enviably thick, long and wavy hair, while the bored looking man to her right had short, spiky and extremely straight black hair, and wore sunglasses. Aaliyah examined his perfect features as he lay back against the headrest, unmoving. High cheekbones, a strong chin and blemish free skin were the least of his gifts, from what she could tell of his physique through the simple T-shirt and jeans he wore. She couldn't help thinking that somewhere, a gifted surgeon must be really proud of his work. After all, nature simply did not create features that perfect.

 

She sighed, a slight crease of concentration appeared between her eyes, as she couldn't help feeling as though she should know him. How Aaliyah had managed to be crammed into the same section as these unnaturally good looking people she would never know. The top of her head was even with the guy's armpits, for heaven's sake. She literally felt like a child sitting between her chaperones. Maybe God thought she had too much confidence, and needed to be taken down a peg or two, she speculated to herself, amused at her own expense. Aaliyah then made the mistake of making a joke with the woman on her other side by asking whether they all belonged to the same modeling agency.

 

"Yeah. How'd you know?" the other woman had asked, introducing herself as Melanie.

 

"Oh, just a lucky guess," Aaliyah had returned, looking sheepishly up at the seemingly friendly young woman whom she had secretly dubbed Amazon Barbie. Wow! Melanie was freakishly tall and good looking, as were her fellow models. It turned out that they were on the last leg of their journey from an international shoot with some big name photographer she'd never heard of, for a clothing line she could barely pronounce. They had also been booked for some work domestically. Like Aaliyah, the group was catching a connecting flight in Atlanta, with the intention of winging it to the coast so they could finally make it home.

 

Aaliyah shared that she was a student, heading to L.A. to visit family and friends for the summer while she worked an internship with a talent agency.

 

"Really? Which one?" asked their suddenly wide awake companion.

 

"Tyler, Reynolds," she returned.

 

His eyebrows immediately shot into his hairline proving, Aaliyah thought mean spiritedly, that at least his forehead was botox free.

 

"That's a good firm. You need to take full advantage of your experience there," he advised seriously.

 

"Why do you say that?" she asked, curious about his level of intensity.

 

"Listen, you must have some serious juice to even get your resume looked at for that internship, let alone land the gig. It doesn't matter who you know. If you screw up there, they can't save you. You are done in this industry. Don't. Screw. Up." he ordered in that gravelly voice.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Duh Duh Duuuuuun!!!!! Who was that masked, I mean sunglassed man? Who does he think he is, ordering Aaliyah around? Well, we'll just have to see about that in next chapter!

 

If you have already read Amended Hearts, please be sure to support it on Amazon. I really could use your help through comments and suggestions on how I might improve my product.

http://www.amazon.com/Amended-Hearts-Chiming-Noelle-Vonham-ebook/dp/B00J1AO7UO/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395128962&sr=1-1&keywords=amended+hearts    

 






Chapter End Notes:

If you are enjoying this story, please support Amended Hearts on Amazon.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Amended-Hearts-Chiming-Noelle-Vonham-ebook/dp/B00J1AO7UO/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395128962&sr=1-1&keywords=amended+hearts    







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.