Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my first attempt at a werewolf fiction so please be gentle. Also, this is my first posting on this website since I removed my stuff along time ago. Please be gentle and comments and criticism are welcomed but please remember I have feelings too. Thank you and I hope you enjoy.




Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you enjoy comments are welcomed and so is criticism. Be gentle.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter I

"Magdalena, Sweetness, are you listening?" Rose, my private tutor asked as she quickly scribbled some math equations on the chalkboard that rested on the wall in front of my small desk. Rolling my eyes at the math equation I quickly worked the problems out in my head then in a quiet voice said the answers. This had been my routine for the past thirteen years.

‘An Alpha's daughter should never be loud spoken or rude when speaking', I quietly reminded myself with a slight roll of the eye as I waited for Rose to finish writing the rest of the problems on the chalkboard. Sometimes I just wished I was not Ezra's daughter. Silently working the more difficult problem on the clean sheet of writing tablet I quickly checked my answers once I was finished, finally allowing my mind to wonder to some moments of freedom. Just as I got ready to reveal my answer I heard loud yelling and the next thing I knew my father was in the room with a growl on his face. For him to come into this room it was always unnerving for me because of the relationship we had.

"Daddy?" I asked as I watched him go toward his desk that also rested in the study. Usually in the study it was just Rose and I because Daddy hardly ever choose to use his desk in here being that, he had a huge conference room where he would speak to his Betas so, there was no need to use the desk here unless he needed to check some of the old documents that contained our history in them. I sort of liked it better when it was just Rose and I because a small part of me loved the quiet and the lack of watchful eyes. After all, I had been placed on a pedestal since birth because it was a gift for an Alpha to be blessed with a daughter for him to cherish then give them away. In other words, I am just a pawn to be used in a game of chess to help advance my father's domain.

"Maggie, continue your studies, and button your collar like you're supposed to" he barked at me as his temper began to lessen some but, not enough that he could begin speaking normally. Whenever Daddy got anger his wolf would always be sitting right at the surface of his human form so it was easy to understand his crudeness to me. Most people couldn't handle having their wolf so close to the surface without it starting the change but with him being an Alpha it wasn't that hard for him to rein in.

Sighing loudly I buttoned the collar of my shirt wishing I was like everyone else. My father believed in the old traditions so he made it a mandate that I was never allowed to have my neck bare or any of my legs shown until my mate said it was okay. I know, a little harsh right? The Funny thing was all other body parts where pretty much fair game. But, when you're the only daughter of an Alpha as powerful as my father it's hard not understand the reasons behind his rules.

Daddy continued to fumble with his notes and archives when my, oldest brother Paul came in and started speaking to him about some issue that the Omegas in the clan had. Just as Paul finished relaying the information my other older brother Colin came in and started adding information with my last brother Kevin hot on his heels about some map that needed to be updated.

Paul, Colin, and Kevin were my older brothers. Paul and Colin were fraternal twins while, Kevin was my older twin by two days. My brothers all have been blessed with the Alpha gene so they are bigger than most of the wolves in our pack. All of them had hard massive muscles with strong football player builds. They all look alike with Paul have curly hair that sat on top of his head in soft tight ringlets. While Colin had a simple brush cut that he kept waves in then, Kevin also had a set of dreads similar to mine that he kept at the an inch or two under his pectoral muscles.

Since all of my brothers were older than me they have this weird need to protect me from all danger. Now, it normal for males to have a certain protection over their female members because you give away your daughters and keep your sons in most packs. But, I think I am just a special case cause I'm  the only daughter of one of the most powerful Alpha's to live so, a lot of people are looking for a chance to create an alliance with Daddy through a mating with me. Lucky me, right?

"Maggie, you almost finish, Sweetness?" my mother's heavy Caribbean accent coated my ears as she asked her question. I glanced at her before handing my paper over to Rose. Mommy was so beautiful she had a honey complexion that highlighted her sparkling green eyes making her look more exotic than was possible for most weres. She was quite slender with her weight being evenly disturbed making her a perfect hourglass. Her hair was the only thing that was similar to mine, we both had small dreads that reached waist-length but Mommy always wore her up allowing her neck to be exposed to all so that they could see the mark that their Alpha had left on her neck.

"Mommy, I am. Did you need something?" I asked with a formalness that was just a show for my father who refused to allow me to relax even at home. He believed that practice made perfect, I beg to differ though.

"Come, Sweetness I wish to have tea with you," she said reaching her hand for my darker hand. I quickly got out of my chair and walked behind her all the way to the private sitting room in her quarters where tea and snacks sat waiting for us. Mommy never discussed private business in the open, it was just how she was raised.

Taking a seat on the pillows circling the table I waited for her to give me permission to speak my mind freely before I began to relax some. With a simple head nod, I smiled and relaxed.  "We are having tea....in the private area....this must be important. What is it? I think I might burst from anticipation" I questioned as I pulled the hair bow from the crown of my head allowing my hair to fall down over my shoulders. Finally some relaxation after having to keep my future Luna mask on, which, I personally thought I mastered quite well.

"I...believe it is time for me to have the talk with you" she responded fixing the skirt of her dress as she poured the tea. So many thoughts began to flash in my head. What talk could she possibly be talking about? I already knew all of the information needed for me to complete my education thanks to Rose and now I needed to have a talk? I looked up from my hair and began to really focus on Mommy.

"About?"

"Sweetness, your full moon is coming" she stated as she quickly took a bite out of the small sandwich that rested in her hand. She did know I was some little baby, I already knew how that worked so there wasn't really anything to say.

"Okay...I'm turning 18.... So what the point? I already had the birds and bee talk so...." I stated as I played with the sugar floating in my cup. The sugar in my cup was clearly more interesting and this conversation looked like it was taking a turn for the worst if you asked me.

"It's more that you need to think about" she began causing my own green eyes to slightly squint at the vague explanation. Mommy always spoken in riddles to relax me so that I was so caught up in the words I had a hard time focusing on the meaning of the words.

"Mommy, can we just get this over with. Just rip off the bandage. I'm not some delicate little flower than can't take hearing the true. Just tell me so I'm not wondering for the rest of the night" I said losing much of the sweetness Mommy found so endearing about me.

"Well, since you're the only daughter of Ezra, Daddy has decided that there is going to be a tournament for you hand in mating. It will began this Friday but we will be expecting our first guest tonight. All of these wolves completing are in line to be Alpha in their home territories so, you will be sitting in the position you where groomed for, it's just you will not be allowed to find your Soul Mate like your brothers" she explained pulling me into her lap. Mommy was easily able to pull me into her lap because unlike her I only stood at five feet and two inches instead of the normal height of five feet and six inches because my mother's family had mated with a line of small wolves when my grandfather fell in love with my grandmother.

Who was Ezra to decide that he was just going to give me away? Better yet decide who I was going to mate with. I still believed in finding your soul mate that the Moon Goddess designated for me. I didn't want so random male to have me.

"That not fair, I don't get to go to school like other wolves my age. I barely even know anyone my age other than Kevin and Patty. I have to basically wear a collar if not a turtle neck and always have to have my stupid legs covered when it is in our nature to be wild and free. And now you're telling me I cannot even stay here with my family? This not fair to me, I have been the perfect daughter and have done everything you have asked and now because Ezra had one daughter, I am to be punished for being her? No...I don't want a fucking mate and I don't want to a trophy to be placed on a shelf" I said pushing at Mommy's hand, mad that she wasn't even trying to fight for my rights. Who was Daddy to tell me that I was going to be forced into a mating? He probably is going to let so dumb wolf come and use me as a baby machine or a sex toy while said wolf is allowed to go out and enjoy life.

A bitter tear dripped from my left eye as I listen to Mommy sing a lullaby in French. I shivered as I tried to hold back the rest of the tears that threatened to spill from my emerald colored eyes. Mommy was never the type to disobey Daddy because she was raised in a strict pack with her father as the Alpha so she learned her place through harsh punishment. I wished sometimes she just spoke her mind instead of allowing my father run all over her. It wasn't right that I had to be born a girl and forced to be merely a piece of forbidden fruit, I never asked to be born into this life of being place on a pedestal that was never to be reached.

I relaxed some in Mommy's firm hold as she continued to sing the beloved tune. It is funny how your whole life can change in a matter of seconds. I was just doing my lesson about to call my best friend, Patty over to have some girl time now I was being forced to have suitors like this was the Dark Ages.

I guess being me was always a challenge since I didn't look like the standard wolf being that I was the only a little bigger than the size of a regular wolves unlike, most werewolves who were almost double the size if not a little more depending on their genetic makeup and/or status in the pack. And then my shape was something else. I had more of a pear or actually a spoon shape instead of the perfect hourglass that was traditionally that most beautiful body shape according to tradition.

Mommy finally stop singing, allowing me to sit in my own thoughts as she brushed my hair away from my forehead. "So, you go get ready, yes?" she asked causing me to squint my eyes at her as if she was stupid. Instead of answering her I simply ripped myself out of her grip and made my way to my room.

Quickly slamming my door I was shocked to see Kevin laying against my bed with his hands behind his head as he watched me through his hazel eyes with a lazy smile on his face. "Good meeting?" he asked as he staying resting on my pure white comforter with lace as the design of the bedding.

"No, you ass wipe" I snared as I quickly went over to my closet to find something that might be appropriate for this sort of event.

"Oh, such a smart mouth for Ezra, the Great's daughter" he mocked as he turn the television to some fighting thing. I rolled my eyes completely annoyed with him. Kev and I had a love-hate relationship so we had a hard time getting along when I started feeling moody.

"Shut the fuck up," I said as I pulled a simple green A-line dress that was mid-thigh in length out of the closet. I then went over to my dresser and pulled a part of footed black tights that completely covered my legs from the naked eye.

"Oh, baby sister. Stop being mean I just came to check on you, Sweetness" He said mocking Mommy's accent cause a small smile to come to my lips. He was always silly when he knew I was in a bad mood. I went over to the bathroom that was en-suite and changed into the dress.

As I glanced at my face I was trying to see what about me was so special. I glanced at my edges that been smoothed with some gel then at my almond shaped eyes that had a heavy cat eye detail from my black eyeliner. Then I went on to look at my beauty mark by my left eye which caused my eyes to go to my lips painted a soft pink that certainly complimented my milk chocolate complexion.  Letting out a snort I heard my brother talking to someone I never heard of before.

Placing my feet in my close toed platform heels which were a patent leather black material, I walked back out of the bathroom. I was surprise to see a male standing near my bed laugh at my brother's stupid joke.

The male standing near the bed was tall, matching my brother's height a six feet and three inches. His hair was a black with a blue tint to it, his hair was wavy sitting on his shoulders. He was not bulky like my brothers instead he had more of a swimmer's build with strong lean muscles that seemed to have a strength unseen. His eyes where so blue they made me freeze in my spot as his intense eyes looking me over. His face had a nice shadow of stubble that cover his hard square jaw. The male was wearing black slacks that where tailor perfectly for his body and a blue shirt that held what I assumed to be his pack's crest on it.

"Mad, you listening, man?" Kevin asked as he tried to get the guys attention since it seemed that this "Mad" and I were locked in a staring contest. His eyes would not move but he allowed a predator's smile to come over his mouth exposing his canines slightly as he took in the view of my body and his eyes quickly slipped back over the thick gold collar I had covering my naked neck since my dress had no collar on it to cover me.

"Kev, who is this?" he asked taking a couple of step towards me. I stood still completely as he inhaled deeply as if he was drinking me to have my scent.

"Dude, that's my sister. Sweetness, go to the living room, Patty is waiting on you", Kevin said with a slight growl as he got off the bed to step between Mad and I. I quickly walked around them seeing that would be no room to reason with Kevin with his wolf so close to the surface.

Walking down the hall I could hear Kevin talking with the guy making me curious. I started to turn around until I saw Patty walking towards me in a black dress that hugged her body to well. Patty was from Daddy‘s best friend's pack. Patty's father was also an Alpha but he already had her mate picked out so she was allowed to show as much skin as much as she wanted.

"Patty, what are you doing?" I asked confused about what was going on. She smiled as she looked around me then focused back on me.

"My cousin, Maddox, he was supposed to be talking to Kevin but he never came back" she said still looking at my bedroom door.

"Oh what does he look like?" I asked trying to put all of the pieces back together. So the wolf in my room must be Maddox. Now, I was going to figure out what was going on.

"Black hair, blue eyes, tall, smart mouth, stubble" she said shrugging her shoulders. I knew she was trying to be vague for a reason. Everything that Patty did was for a reason.

"Why is he here?" I asked fixing my bun, as I listened to the men laugh in my bedroom, I let some of the tension out of my posture. I thought they would be at each other's throat from the way Kevin was acting when he told me to leave.

"Oh, Mad is here for you... he is competing for you hand", she said laughing a little. Patty always seemed to find random stupid stuff funny. Patty never knew how to take anything serious, sense her life for the most part was already decided for her making it impossible for her understand that importance of what she just told me.

Closing my eyes I just smiled now knowing that the games had indeed started. So Maddox though he would have me? Well, he had another thing coming.






Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.