Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Whew... been a while family! I been alternating between Transcendence and this story for a while now... both are dear to my heart. I have missed y'all so so much! A lof of life events have happened recently! I moved back from AZ to my home state of OH and into a apartment with some family! Looking for employment and everything was stressful but PRAISE BE TO GOD I got onee ahaha. I ain't forgot about publishing Accordance and Transcendence y'all don't worry! I will be letting y'all know how that goes, money is just SUPER DUPER tight right now. Love you all and I hope you all enjoy the updates I have for you! Transcendence updates are in the process! God bless and love you! 

P.S- I have started making moodboards for my stories, to provide more aesthetic and inspiration for a particular chapter or story! Check them out and let me know what you think! For those that follow my tumblr, I post them there. If not, I will provide the link here! 

http://sunrayyellowhalo.tumblr.com/tagged/torukia

http://sunrayyellowhalo.tumblr.com/tagged/accordance

D&L <3




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Xaen?” There in the deep tall grass she sat, legs crossed. Sunlight adorned her smooth  brown skin and the long full dreads caressed her back until they became one with the earth. At the sound of his voice, she turned, blinking. His heart ached and he desperately desired to touch her. 


    “Yes? What concerns you?” A small dab of paint pressed against her cheek, the startling white color enhancing her skin with intensity. 


    “Nothing baby. I just wondered what you were up to.” 


    “I am preparing myself.” He smiled and finally allowed himself to join her in the grasses. 


    “Preparing for what?” She looked up at him as he gently skimmed a small shoulder. 


    “War.” His fingers paused. 


    “War?” 


    “Gael, sit…” At once his legs dropped and he eyed her, gaze growing intense as he looked at her reflection in a small handheld mirror. 


    “It is a tradition of my people…to always be prepared.” She reached down and dipped her fingers into the white paste. 


    “We are a warrior people. Much like yours. It runs in our blood…we are one and the same.” She turned to him and gently smeared the paste across his cheek. 


    “Xaen…” She said nothing but began to spread the color across her skin until her entire face was covered. 


    “There will come a time when I will paint my face again…and in that time I will fight to the death for you and for the unborn child that lives in my womb.” She looked at herself in the mirror. 


    “As your husband I will protect you Xaen. Whatever the cost.” She turned to face him and smiled, caressing the paint stained cheek of his. 


    “I believe and trust you dear husband.” He smiled in return and lifted her palm to his lips. 


    “For now the only war that exists presently is in my stomach.” He grinned against her and enclosed his arms around her bare body. 


    “Ah, you are hungry hm? Poor little one.” She pouted. 


    “Don’t jest. I need to eat….baby is hungry too.” He laughed and slid hands to her growing belly. 


    “By all means then we should get inside.” She kissed him playfully and lifted to run towards their abode. 


    “Turn this into a game must you?” Laughter traveled through his veins like liquid and he caught her by the waist, lifting her into his arms as he carried her into the house.  


    “For once could you not let me get far?” Smirking, he pressed his forehead against hers. 


    “I’ll never allow that.”


 


***


    Sweat soaked him from head to toe. Fingers tightly gripping the furs beneath him, he swallowed hard. It had been a little while since he’d dreamt of her. With his focus on the refugee points and the people therein, his energy had been stretched and pulled every which way. Pushing wet hair back from his face, he took a deep breath. He remembered that day as if it had happened yesterday. The last tendrils of the old way had permeated in the air before their move to the unsuspecting hell that awaited them. It was a moment of peace. Now the war his young wife had spoken of had come into fruition. Now, he was preparing for a war unlike anything he’d ever imagined. Slowly he stood and went to his face bowl, looking at himself in the mirror. The youth was gone from his face, instead hard grit looked back. He was not old by any means but long gone were the days of the flowers and water and sun. 


    “Faie.” Sighing deeply, he turned to face Avery who peeked in through the flap. 


    “What is it?” At his bare body, Avery dropped his eyes. 


    “We need you to come to the square. Txeis has made the first attack.” His blood grew cold. A month had passed since the revolt had started. The group of men had left the checkpoint, intent on retrieving their women. However, as he had suspected it didn’t go as planned. They had barely infiltrated the prison. Though a good admirable fight had ensued, more than half of the men were captured and labelled as treasonous traitors. A public trial had been broadcast and there his comrades had all been executed. Though they were pressured to reveal their whereabouts, not one surrendered. The measly few that had escaped became reclusive and talk of a rounding spree began to strike fear in the hearts of the people.


    “Where was the camp?”


    “In Daawil.” He cursed lowly under his breath and went to grab his pants. Daawil was far enough away to possibly relocate the people to another checkpoint but the move itself was risky. Txeis had been silent long enough to give an illusion of peace and comfortability. Those who had believed in it were nothing but fools. 


    “Where is Zachiel?” 


     “He’s on his way.” He tightened his jaw.


    “When he gets here, tell him I need to speak with him. For now, we need to gather the camp together. Daawil is still quite close. We need to explore our options.”


    “We need to be gathering as many arms as we can. They are sure to be on their way here.” 


    “Agreed. But only Zachiel can command this group, not you or I.” Avery ran shaky fingers through his hair. 


    “It wasn’t supposed to happen like this. Those fuckers waste no time.” 


    “Do not fret Av. When they come, we will be ready for them.” The man sighed and smirked lightly, only something he would do in a situation like this. 


    “Now I’m glad I didn’t go…my life and my effort would have been wasted.” He responded not. 


    “Now I have more time to think on how I’m going to get Ty back.”


    “Indeed.” 


    “Let me ask you a question.”


    “Anything.” 


    “Are you prepared to die?” He faced him and looked him dead in the eye. 


    “Only when I have claimed Xaen as my own again will I allow death to take me. I will not die here. ” 


    “Yeah..”


    “And you? Will you allow this place to be your resting place?” Avery scoffed, crossing his arms. 


    “Hell no. I got a wife that needs me. She’ll be the only one worthy to take my life.” He nodded, a small smirk coming to his face. Avery had grown in the years they’d been acquainted. He was very proud of him for remaining true. 


    “There has been no one to put them in their place.” 


    “Yeah. It’s high fucking time.”


    “Zachiel and I will meet and come up with a plan.”


    “Whatever you decide, I’ll back you. It’s your call.” He pat his shoulder. 


    “Let’s go.” The ground where he stood would not cry out with the blood of innocent people any longer. Not while he still had breath in his lungs.


 


***


 


    Eyelids fluttered closed as the syringe slid past the barrier of skin. The fluid within traveled up into my bloodstream and I felt tears well up in my eyes as light passed over my lids. Yet again I was being put under this torture. A voice ran across my senses. 


    “Xaen, I am going to ask you a series of questions. I want you to answer honestly.” The tears that formed slid down my cheeks but when my eyes opened, fire blazed within the depths. 


    “Your repetition will not work on me. I have already told you I don’t know.”


    “You’ve never seen or heard of a woman called Jesrya?” My body trembled as the drug hit me with full force and I gasped, my cheeks soon growing wet. 


    “N-no. I’ve never heard of her.”


    “Did you ever hear of a resistance set to happen within the prison walls?” 


    “No.” The voice belonged to a man I’d grown to despise. He leaned forward, breath fanning hot against my cheek. 


    “I have sources that tell me they located you talking with these fugitives. Alia and Chaye Forrester. Mnhanna Graiyel. Jesyra Adama of Zor. Have you no knowledge of them?” The liquidity soon turned to warm tendrils that traveled up and down the nerves in my body. I knew they would turn to flame. 


    “I have no knowledge.” The man studied my every move, every twitch, every breath. 


    “Very well. I trust then that no reaction shall come to you when you view their execution.” Before I could utter anything else, the flame shot across my skin and I screamed as it seemed the very skin that covered me began to melt. 


    “Take her back to her cell.” I was powerless to the pain and it enveloped me until I felt black washed over me.


 


***


 


 


 


    “Xaen.” Saliva dripped down the side of my mouth and my eyes couldn’t see anything but darkness. 


    “Xaen.” My fingers twitched against my pillow and I forced my eyes shut. That voice… no…surely in my current state I was being subject to delusions.


    “Will you surrender?” So warm, the voice of my past traveled across my skin like the morning sun and I shuddered, trying to reply…Delusion or not…I wanted…needed him. My reply came in the form of low muffled groans. Inside I screamed for him, at war with my body. 


    “You’re not the Xaen I know. Has she died? Where has she gone?”I’m here…Gael…I’m here. I wanted to scream.Tears fell fresh down my cheeks. Lifting my eyes, I grew still as my vision finally returned. He stood so close and yet so far away from me, looking just as he always had…his hair once again long and rebellious. 


    “G-Gael….” He smiled in the soft loving way I remembered. 


    “Ah, there you are my love.” His gaze grew sad as he looked over me. 


    “It seems you’ve allowed them to get inside your head and control you…finally.” He sighed heavily. 


    “Will you surrender?” My fingers reached out, body paralyzed. At least my fingers could move… if only I could get to him… touch him… 


    “Remember you are a woman of Zor. Fight for your life and fight for your freedom.” My fingers froze as suddenly he was gone. Unsuccessful, my now tired fingers fell against the sheets and I groaned. Without warning I wept. Alia. Chaye. Jesrya…even elder Sofia and Mnhanna…All this blood soon to spill.  I gripped the sheets and forced myself to lift. Gael…my love…his spirit was still so connected to mine…even after all this time. He was right as usual. When the time came, I would wage war. All these women whose blood would be sacrificed…I never forget them.… And I would recompense their sacrifice. At all costs.


 


 


***


 


 


 


    “They’ve been killed. All of them.” 


    “I heard.”


    “I just left one of the checkpoints not too long after they were attacked. Had I stayed I would have been offed.”


    “That was their objective.” Finally, Zachiel had returned from an alliance meeting with two other checkpoints in the surrounding region. Once he had returned, he had immediately sought after him. With the news given from Avery and now this revelation… it seemed that doom was impending. 


    “My men were quiet until the end. They kept silent.” The weary man went to a small cabinet and poured some alcohol into two glasses. His hand shook dangerously.


    “I’m sure you’ve also heard about what happened to the women.” He safely retrieved the the extended glass and brought it to his lips, inhaling the contents. 


    “Indeed.”


    “I was certain that it would work… we’d planned this for months.”


    “Do you regret the decision?” 


    “I don’t know…”


    “The sacrifice of your men is to be respected greatly Zachiel. They will be remembered for eternity.”


    “Yeah…”


    “With all due respect, however, you have no time to grieve right now. We are faced with a more serious issue.”


    “I am aware of that.” The large man in front of him seemed to crumble little by little. 


    “I don’t know what to do Faie. A part of me wants to take my people and run. But another part of me wants to fight.” 


    “What do you think is best for your people?” Zachiel sighed. 


    “Run. Get them somewhere safe.” 


    “Alright then. Let’s do it.” 


    “Okay.”


    “I’ll get my team together and we’ll go from there. If we are going to do this, we need to be fast.” 


    “My sentiment exactly. Grab your guys Faie. It’s gonna be a long night.” 


    “Acknowledged.”As he left out of the tent, he exhaled deeply. He’d made up his mind. Once the camp was moved to a safe place, he’d go get Xaen. It was high time he made a move. 


 


*** 


    “Jesyra Adama of Zor, have you anything to say?” The woman stood in front of a crowd, face set in stone. Blood had dried on her lip and the skin surrounding her eye was black and bruised. But her eyes glowed with fire. At the sight, my chest swelled with the strangest pride. In this moment, death looking her dead in the eyes, she was unafraid. Her face might as well have been painted, a warrior in battle. Lips cracked, she opened her mouth. 


    “Don’t give up the fight. We are stronger than these devils.” In our sweet language her voice was strong and unwavering. 


    “Do you admit your crimes?”


    “The only crime I’ve committed is fighting for my right to live.”


    “Do you accept your penalty which is death?” She kept her eyes straight ahead, looking at nothing in particular. 


    “If dying for my freedom is the cost, I shall gladly accept.” The crowd was still. 


    “This woman has committed high treason. Therefore, she and all other coconspirators are sentenced to death.” Without warning, a blazer struck her through the chest, bringing a war cry from her, the last she’d ever make. 


    “Long live Zor! Long live free-” With one clean cut, her head was severed from her body and members of the crows screamed and moaned. Chills traveled throughout my entire body and tears welled up in my eyes.  Her blood screamed for vengeance the minute it hit the ground and  mine itched to give it to her. My heart sank into my feet. Pain traveled throughout my body. Txeis had to pay for this. They had to be disposed of like the animals they were. As Alia and Chaye Forrester were being brought up next, my knees threatened to give out. I would be strong. For them. I had to be.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.