Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I was asked when  I first did the story, who I thought of as the characters, but when I began to look, I couldn't really picture the face of the people, so I never looked at it again. I will leave it up to my audience; whom do see as these characters for yourself? The next chapter as promised. Enjoy! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


›[

                The seedy look of Sally’s former place of employment had her wondering why she worked there for as long as she had.  Maneuvering her way to the dressing room, she was greeted by some of the girls and shunned by others. Upon reaching the dressing room, Sally knocked before entering. Tracy, the girl she was specifically there to see, immediately came to her.    

                “This stuff looks nice,” Sally said as she looked around the dress.  

                “Yes, Roger thinks if he changes the décor people won’t remember they’re in a strip club and he’ll get more business. But we had to fight him to get some work done in here; that cheap ass. That idiot really expected us to get dressed in the dark. You’re lucky you no longer have to deal with his shit. I can’t wait to finish school and be done with this shit also. I want to put this part of my life behind me for good.” They both laughed. “Anyway, enough of me complaining, are you finished with school? I haven’t seen you around lately.”              

“I’m finished will all my classes. I’m just waiting to do my internship.”

                “You’re going to get it Sally. You’re way too smart not to. So anything new in your life? Are you seeing anyone?”

                Sally hesitated. She didn’t know what to call what was happening between her and Storm. “No…just hanging out mostly. Trying not to be such a homebody.” Both girls laughed. “So what I can I help you with today?”

                “Oh, yeah…thanks again. I’m having trouble with this bio stuff. The cell processes are giving me a hard time but the Kreb cycle is the one that is really screwing with me.”

                Sally laughed, “Yes that one definitely will. Okay tell me what you understand?”

                After about thirty minute of reviewing some material, Sally left the dressing room. She was on her way out the back after sneaking to the front to tell the bartender hello when she saw Officer Eastman coming out of one of the side rooms. The girl that followed him out looked incoherent and disheveled. Sally was turning away from him to run to the door when he lounged and caught her arm, dragging her back to him forcefully. He turned her immediately and pushed her back against the wall. The girl looked at him shocked before he shouted at her to leave them.

                “Fancy seeing you here bitch, you’re right where you belong and we’re gonna get to know each other better.”

                “Get off me you piece of shit, NOW!”

                Eastman pushed her into the wall harder causing her to wince in pain. His hand was at her throat trying to cut off her air supply but Sally kept twisting and turning trying to free her other hand which was trapped between their bodies.

                “You smell so good…I can’t wait to fuck you,” Eastman said.

He moved his hand from her throat to grab her jaw. Sally turned her face and pushed herself into the wall more as he came closed. The small space which was created was all she needed to pull her hand free and grab a fist full of his hair. She yanked his head back so fast and forcefully she almost snapped his neck.

Eastman stumbled back and almost fell but caught himself. He glared at her, angry and upset and she knew he was going to hurt her. Just as he took a step towards her and she reached for her phone to call for help, her phone rang. Storm had taken up the habit of calling her at least twice a day since he’d been away and she answered the call immediately.

“Hey there, where are you?” he asked hearing the noise in the background.

“Where are you…at home?” she said looking at Eastman. “Good I’ll be there in about ten minutes. If I’m not there by then, call the cops.”

“Home…call the…Sally where are you? SALLY? Where are you?” Storm yelled. “Dammit answer me.”

“I’m leaving now…right now. Ten minutes,” she said as she backed out of the club with Eastman looking at her but not saying a word.

He was seething, she could tell, the anger and hatred radiating off his body in waves of heat. He stood still, not moving as his eyes narrowed to slits. She reached the door and fumbled behind her for the knob.

“Sally stay where you are…hold on…do not get off the phone,” Storm ordered as he conference the call with Mike.

“Hey man…” Mike said answering the call.

“She’s in danger. Get her Mike, now…GET HER!”

“Storm, who, who’s in danger?”

“Sally are you there? Sally answer me,” Storm said.

“Yeah, I’m here but I have to get off to ride. I’ll be home soon. Mike, I’m gonna…”

“Sally are you okay? Are you hurt?”

“No not really. He just pushed me…”
                “What?” Storm yelled, “He put his hands on you? Mike…”

“Storm, please let me handle this. Sally you know the IHOP on University?”

“Yeah…”

“Get there in ten minutes. Don’t stop for anyone including cops. I’ll take care of it. Just get there and keep the phone on…I want to hear anything that happens to you. Storm, don’t disconnect the call. I want you on with her the entire time.”

“I will…just get her, please.”

“Sally…”

“Storm I have put my helmet on to ride…he’s still inside…hold on.”

When she got to the IHOP, Sally looked around the parking lot for a few minutes just to make sure she wasn’t followed. Mike showed up a few minutes later.

“Okay young lady, tell me everything.”

“It’s nothing. I’m not going back there again so there’s nothing to tell. I went to see a friend that’s all.”

“Why…why did you have to see your ‘friend’ there?”

“She was working and she needed help with bio and I’m not exactly in school at this time so I went there to help her out and see a few people who were nice to me.”

“What’s the name of the place?”

“No…”

“No?”

“No…I’m not telling you.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re gonna go there asking questions and he’s not the only cop who goes there so no. I’m not telling you.”

“Fine tell me what’s been happening and from the beginning.”

“There’s nothing to tell Mike. It’s done…”

“Do I need to tell Tricks about what happened tonight?”

“No. He doesn’t know I was working there.”

“Yes, he does.”

“No he…”

“He knows. He told me he was happy you quit. Tricks knows more than you think but I don’t think he knows about the stalking so I’m wondering if I should enlighten him?”

“How do you know about that?”

“Storm told me.” And before she could ask, “The night he met you at Jack’s he heard you tell the bird, the parrot?” At her shocked expression he continued, “Yes, he heard what you said to the parrot and has been concerned about you since. Now tell me what happened now…every detail.”

“You’re being an asshole.” Sally looked out the window knowing she would have to tell Mike something to keep him quiet. She didn’t want Tricks knowing anything about what was going on. “Fine, it began a few months ago. He came into the club and with his friends and I was serving drinks because the regular waitress couldn’t make it…”

“Did you use to strip?”

“No, not every girl who works in a strip club is a stripper.”

“Sally, I wasn’t implying anything but most girls who work in a strip club are strippers.”

“Yeah, I know, but I wasn’t. I only cleaned tables. I didn’t get tipped like the rest of the girls. I got paid to clean the tables. That’s what I wanted. I was inconspicuous until he decided that he was going to grab me.”

“Come again?”

“I had to fill in for one of the waitress and I was clearing off tables and delivering drinks when he grabbed me and spilled the drinks all over me and himself and I got pissed and shoved him off me. I didn’t want him or anyone touching me and when he grabbed me again, I told him to fuck off. And then Roger fired me because I wouldn’t waitress or strip. I only went back to help out a friend who’s having problem with bio. She’s got one day to study for the test and it won’t happen again. I swear I’ll never go by there again. I swear.”

“Sally you have to report it to internal affairs.”

“No, I can’t…there’s no need for that.”

“Why not? Why are you so adamant about not reporting this guy? Did something else happen? Tell me Sally. I can’t help you if you don’t tell me everything.”

“Nothing, this is the last time he’s going to have contact with me. If it happens again, I’ll report it, I will. Now I’m hungry and I’m gonna go home.”

“No, you’re gonna get something to eat and then you’re coming home with me.”

“No I don’t need…”

“I said you’re coming home with me.” Mike looked around for the waitress and signaled her to come over. Suddenly his phone rang. He had forgotten about Storm.

“Hey man, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry I heard everything. We have to talk.”

“Yeah, I agree. She’s fine.”

“Good keep her close.”

“I will.” Mike handed the phone to Sally.

They were on their way to Mike’s apartment. Mike had followed Sally home to pack an overnight bag for her stay with him for the next day or so. While she was in her apartment getting her things he went outside to look around and speak with Storm and watch for anything suspicious.

“Where is she?” Storm asked as soon as he answered Mike’s call.

“She’s inside getting some stuff to spend the night.”

“Where? My place?”

“No. She’s gonna stay with me tonight at least.”

“Why? She can go to my place. It’s safe. The house is armed.”

“She’s gonna be fine. She’s safe but we need to talk about something else.”

“What?”

“She still doesn’t want to report him.  She doesn’t want to give up any information on the club…nothing.”

“Nothing?”

“Nothing…something else has her scared. She’s hiding more than what we think and I don’t know where to begin to find out.”

“We have to find out what it is Mike.”

“I agree. I have to go. Later.”

 

›[

 “Hello. Have dinner with me tonight,” Storm asked Sally as soon as she answered the phone. He arrived not too long ago and his first call was to his assistant telling her to expect him in the office shortly and the second was to Sally.

“I can’t, I’m working,” Sally replied.

“You don’t normally work on a Wednesday.”

“I do every now and then but I changed my schedule this week.”

“Oh…why?”

“I wanted the weekend off.”

Storm smiled. She’d accepted his invitation for the weekend. “So do I take it then that you’re taking me up on my offer to come away with me for the weekend?”

“You’re not planning on killing me are you?”

Storm burst out laughing. “Not the type of death I had in mind for you or me.” He began laughing again and when he stopped, he asked, “So am I going to see you tomorrow night then? Come over after work tonight.”

“No. I can’t. I have some things I need to get done tomorrow and I’m working tomorrow night. Hey, hold on a sec please.”

“Sure.”

“Hey Paul,” Sally said to her neighbor who just came into her apartment.

“Hey doll, where have you been? I’ve been trying to introduce you to my new lover for the longest…”

“Been busy but I did stop by the other day and if it’s the same person, cute. I need to ask you for a favour. Can you please watch my apartment for the weekend? I was trying to find Rhonda but she’s not answering my calls?”

“Who’d she jet off with this time?”

“Don’t know and quite frankly, don’t care. Would it be a bother?”

“You know nothing for you is a bother but where are you going?”

“Someone invited me on a trip for the weekend and I want to go.”

“Really…I’m intrigued. Do tell.”

“No. I’m not saying anymore.”
                “Sally I want details.”

“Thank you and good bye.”

“Okay, I’ll catch up with you later.”

“Later…thanks again. I appreciate it.” Back on the phone with Storm, “Are you still there?”

“Yeah…who was that?”
                “That was my very kind neighbor Paul. He’s going to watch my apartment while I’m gone.”

“That’s great. So about coming over tonight?”

Sally laughed.

›[

Storm was sitting behind his desk looking over some files when Ayasha walked in. Looking up he smiled happily as she seemed to be glowing. Being married suited her nicely he thought to himself and once again that tiny bit of jealously that she had found her soul mate. He couldn’t have been happier for anyone one else the way he was for her.

“Sweetheart, when did you get back?” Storm asked coming around to see her.

“About two days ago but you were out of town. You didn’t tell me.”

“I left a message on your voicemail at home.”

“Oh haven’t check that one as of yet.”

“And you’ve been back for two days now? What have you been doing?”

Ayasha laughed and placed the lunch she brought for them both on the table in his office. “I’ve been busy unpacking and stuff. I also had to clear up some billing issues for the decoration for the wedding.”

“What issue? Send those bills to me. I want the accountant to make sure everyone is paid immediately.”

“No need to worry. I’ve taken care of everything.”

“How, you’re not paying for the wedding. I am.”

“No…I’ll pay for it. I have enough…”

“Ayasha, as your only male relative and the head of this family, I will take care of you wedding expenses. It is my responsibility. Get all the bills sent over to the accountant today if you can and make sure I have everything you’ve charged on your Amex also.” 

“Storm, I’ve already sent the bills for the American Express over to him. I was waiting for the corrections for the decorations before forwarding it to him to have it paid from my money.

“Well do you don’t have to take it out of your money because I have money for your wedding…”

“How much?”

“Not that you need to know the exact amount but a few million. And even if you exceeded what I had planned, I would still be able to cover it.”

“Yes, I am fully aware of that. You have done well with the accounts. But enough about my wedding, I want to hear about you and a certain young lady. And let me say, I like her.”

“Who are you talking about?”

“Don’t play coy with me; Sally, that’s who I’m talking about. Do I need to ask what happened after that kiss?”

“Aren’t you hungry? I thought you came here to have lunch with me?”

“Yes, I did but that’s not going to stop me from asking you questions or being annoying until I get the answers. So what is the nature of your relationship with Sally now?”

“You’re married now I’m no longer your concern.” Storm took a large bite of his salad.

“You’re my bother. You’ll always be my concern. I promised Dad I would always take care of you and I intend to keep my promise until the day I die and I’m not planning on dying soon. I can’t anyway, I’m pregnant. So I have to live a litt…”

“Wait, wait a minute. Did you just say you’re pregnant?”

“Yes, I did. You’re going to be an uncle. Surprise!” Ayasha took a bite of her salad and smiled at the shocked look on his face.

Storm got up and pulled her into a hug. “I’m so happy for you sweetheart. Wow! Dad would have been so happy to be a grandfather. Wow! I’m gonna be an uncle. Uncle Storm.”

Ayasha laughed, “I’m happy because you are going to have diaper duties.”

“Come on sis, that’s why you have nannies. I’m gonna be too busy being the cool Uncle to do diapers.”

“Really? That’s your reason? Eat your salad.”

After a few minutes of them eating in silence, Ayasha broke the silence. “So what is happening between you and Sally.”

“We’re getting to know each other…wait a minute, how do you know you’re pregnant already if you just got back from your honeymoon? Ayasha, were you pregnant before?”

Ayasha looked away before looking back at Storm. “Yes, I was pregnant before I got married. Collin didn’t know and I wanted to surprise him on our honeymoon.”
                “Yeah, I’m sure he was surprised, wife and baby all at the same time.”

“He doesn’t mind. He’s happy Storm. Are you still happy for me?”

“Silly question Ayasha, of course I am. I can’t wait to meet my nephew.”

“It could be a girl.”

“Maybe but no matter what it is, I’ll love them with all my heart.”

“Yeah I know you will. Now don’t change the subject again. What’s going on between you and Sally and just for the record, I think you two make a beautiful couple.”

“You think so huh?”

“Yes, I do, now tell me.”

 

“We’re going away for the weekend.” And Storm braced himself for the teasing he knew was coming, especially after seeing the smile that lit Ayasha’s face. 






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful Easter! 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.