Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Jack and Nancy decided to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary by having a goodbye party. It was ten year ago that they celebrated the milestone and for this milestone, they decided to take a cruise. When Salina received her invitation, she asked Brad to cater the event as her gift to them for their kindness towards her. She had gone to see them when she returned and told them about her inheritance but not the amount. Both had been very happy for her and over joyed when she told them about Katie, Paul and Rhonda and her finally cutting ties with Rhonda.

Kevin, Mike and Tricks gathered together when Storm finally showed up. Tricks was also very happy when he heard that Rhonda was finally behind bars and was also celebrating Salina’s final break with her. Salina had told him about her inheritance but like Jack and Nancy, she didn’t tell him the amount. He was happy for her and was surprised when she paid off the loan on his garage. She also purchased new equipment for the business and when he refused she walked away. They had not spoken since but they weren’t angry with each other.

Tricks greeted Storm first when over to where they stood.

“Hey man, thanks so much for what you did for Sal,” Tricks said as he shook Storm’s hand.

“I really didn’t do anything. It was all Mike,” replied Storm who didn’t know what Salina had told him.

“Mike said it was you but either way, I thank the both of you man. You really looked out for her and I’m happy. Those bitches are finally where they belong, behind bars and I hope they stay there for a very long time.”  

“Oh they’ll be,” Mike confirmed.

“Hey man have you seen Sal?” asked Tricks. “She keeps saying she’s busy with the internship.”

Storm and Mike looked at each other before Storm replied. “Yes, she’s been busy with that but…”

“But what, what’s going on? Did you two break up?” Tricks asked.

“I’ll be right back,” Mike said feeling it best to let Storm handle the logistics of his relationship privately.  

“Look Tricks, we’re not exactly together anymore…” began Storm.

“What you just used her and now you’re moving on?” Trick said becoming annoyed.

Storm sighed, “No, she has to figure somethings out for herself.”

“What’s that suppose to mean? Sal is good girl man, and she’s smart as hell…”

“I know Tricks but I have to give her the space she needs. I have to because I care about her. She needs this time to know what she wants to do next.”

Tricks silently looked at the expression on Storm’s face. “You care about her, don’t you?”

“Yes, I do and I want to be in a relationship with her but she can’t right now and I understand that.”

“Don’t hurt her man, she’s a good woman.”

“Yes, don’t hurt her,” Nancy said injecting.

“Hello there and congratulations,” Storm said kissing her on the cheek. “Thirty years is a long time and I’m sure they haven’t been easy but you two make it look that way.”  

“Thank you young man and you’re right, it wasn’t easy but worth it.” Nancy paused before continuing. “ We all care about her. She’s a wonderful girl”

“Yes, I know. She’s going to be fine; don’t worry. I’m going to excuse myself and go tell your husband congrats,” Storm said as he quickly moved away.

It was almost thirty minutes later when Storm took a break from the festivities and went to stand by the rail. All night he looked for Salina to make an appearance but to no avail. Yet for some unknown reason he felt her presence near. He wondered if she was hiding but there was nowhere to hide really. He was about to make his excuses to leave when he saw the lone body sitting on the bench on the beach. The silhouette reminded him of Salina but it wasn’t until she turned her head to the side that her profile confirmed it was her.  Quickly he made his way to her, wondering if something was wrong why she didn’t come to the party and greet everyone.

 

œ&

Salina knew she needed to go to the party and at least congratulate Jack and Nancy on their anniversary. She had paid for the cruise and the catering because she felt it was the least she could do for all the time they stood by her side. Also when she told them about her inheritance, they seemed genuinely happy for her. However, she felt a bit lonely going to the party by herself. Actually it seemed she couldn’t stop thinking about the guy who was with Chun on that day. He was at Ian’s and she felt he knew more about what happened to her, only now she didn’t know if she really wanted to know.

She heard footsteps on the sand and turned immediately to see Storm walking slowly towards her. She became a bit more apprehensive since he was one of the people she wanted to avoid which was why she hadn’t gone up. When she arrived, she saw him at the rail.

“Hi,” he said.

She looked up at him. “Hi,” she replied.

“May I sit with you?”

“Your choice,” she replied listlessly. Salina looked everywhere except at him.

“You didn’t come up. Everyone’s there. Tricks was asking for you.”

“I’ll go up shortly,” she replied in the same tone.  

After a few minutes of silence, “Are you okay?”

“Yes, fine.” She tried to smile but it was in vain.

After a few more minutes of silence, “You and Mitch no longer speak?”

“No,” she whispered.

“Mind if I ask why?”

“It’s just better this way,” she whispered helplessly.  

“Why are you shutting yourself away like this?” he asked softly but with concern.

“You should get back to the party,” she suggested.

Storm looked out at the ocean and closed his eyes and thought about what he was about to say. “I left…”

“I know why you left. It’s fine.”

“Do you really? Because I don’t think you do.”

“I do…”

“Tell me why you think I left,” he asked softly.

“It doesn’t matter. Nothing can change what happened, who I am.”

“What do you mean it doesn’t matter Salina? What do you mean who you are?”

“Just leave it…”

“No! What did you mean?”

“Storm you didn’t want to hear what I had to say anytime that weekend, so what does it matter now?” she snapped.

Storm closed his eyes as he remembered how many times she tried to speak with him but each time he would stop her by kissing her and they ended up making love again. Eventually she gave up trying.  

“I didn’t want you to give me an explanation as to why you had to survive. I just wanted to be with you, without the barriers.”

She began to cry. He reached for her but she stopped him. “No, please don’t.” she wiped her tears. ‘I knew everything would change once I inherited but I got caught up in the lies and the fantasy.” She continued to look away from him. “I just wanted to believe that even if it was a fantasy and only once in my life, someone actually cared about me as a person and not the money. That I was a living breathing person.” She turned to look at him for the first time. “I’m so sorry I lied to you but I didn’t know what else to do, and when I tried to break it off with you, I missed you even more. I’m so sorry I dragged you into this. It was never my intension to hurt you.”

He pulled her into his arms and held her strongly when she tried to pull away. “I never pretended with you. You are cared about, more than you know. You just have to accept it.”

After her sobs quieted, he released his tight hold but still kept his arms around her. “I’m still damaged goods.”

“What do you mean?”

Salina got up from the bench and walked to the shore. The waves crashed so gently they hardly made a sound. “I was about six when my father sat me down and told me never to trust Ian that he was evil and he was sorry he brought him into my life.” She looked out at the ocean as she remembered. “My nanny left a few minutes before Ian showed up. I wasn’t feeling well so I went to my room to lie down. I must have dozed because I didn’t hear the shot that killed the gardener. He didn’t have to die. Ian didn’t have to kill him. When Ian woke me up I didn’t know who he was until he told me and when I tried to run, that was the first time he hit me. He asked for June was but I told him she would be gone for a few hours because I asked to be myself. He left my room and went to look around the house and that’s when I wrote a note and handed it to a boy playing nearby my window. I told him to find June and tell her not to come back. Ian took me away.” She stopped speaking. After a few minutes she said, “I need to speak with the guy that was with Chun at the meeting.”

It was not what Storm was expecting her say. “Why?” he asked surprised.

“He was there, at Ian’s place. When Ian took me there, he was there. I need to know what happened to me.”

Storm got up and went to her. She was holding herself and he turned her around to face him. “What do you mean what happened to you.”

She looked up at him with sad weary eyes, “I need to ask you something and please and I’m begging you to be completely honest with me.”

“Yes, of course,” Storm replied as dread began to seize his heart.  

Salina swallowed hard and took a deep breath. “The…the,” she took another deep breath, “the first time we…we were together, I…I wasn’t a virgin was I?”

Storm figured out what she was trying to find out, “Yes…yes, you were. Why do you ask?”

“Please don’t lie to me. There…there was no barrier, no hymen was there?”

“Just because there was no hymen doesn’t mean you weren’t a virgin. I’m the only man who’s every made love to you unless you were with someone else while you were with me.”

“That can’t be…”

“That guy isn’t going to tell you the truth. He’s going to want you to pay him and he’s only going to lie to you because that way he can keep you in the past and that’s going to make you weak.”

“He knows…”

“I know what happened to you.” She looked at him sharply. “I read the report and Dara also told me. You were a virgin. I know. I’m the man who made love to you. I’m the man who felt every unrehearsed touch and kiss from you.  I want to be the only man who touches you.”

“I grabbed the lamp and threw it at him. It hit him and that’s when he hit me in the stomach. I remembered hearing my ribs break from the kick. Then he picked me up and threw me on the bed. He hit me across the face then ripped my clothes off. I reached up and scratched him. He grabbed by arm and twisted it. I heard when it broke then he hit me again and that’s the last thing I remember. I woke up in the hospital. I remember the pain, then I was out again.” She looked up at him, “I just want to know what happened, what he did to me.”

He pulled her into his arms. She was in so much pain and seeing her like this made what he had to do easy. “Henry saved you. He beat you badly yes and you almost died but you didn’t. You lived. You survived. He didn’t get the chance to hurt you any further.” He held her at arms length and searched her face. She was struggling to believe what he said. “Can you trust me Salina? You survived. You are safe. It’s in your past now. Ian can’t hurt you anymore.”

“No you’re lying. More happened to me. I have the scar…”

“What scar?”

“The one…the one above my…the one on my…my lower abdomen. What else happened to me?” she asked in anguish.

Storm realized he had to tell her something, some part of the truth. “You had internal bleeding. They had to operate to repair some of the damage and stop the bleeding.” Storm pulled her to him again. “He can’t hurt you anymore. It’s over. You’re safe.”

She cried silently as she wrapped her arms round him and laid her head on his chest. Storm rested his chin on top of her head and released the breath he was holding. She believed him and as far as he was concerned, he didn’t lie to her. He was the only man who had ever made love to her and she was safe.

 

œ&

After Storm dried her tears, they went to the party holding hands.  

“There you both are,” Nancy exclaimed as she went over to Salina and gave her a hug. Jack followed also.

“You didn’t have to do this,” Jack said as he kissed her on the cheek.

“Yes, I did. It was my way of saying thanks for everything,” Salina replied looking at him.

“There you are. I was wondering if I was going to see you tonight,” said Tricks coming over with his girlfriend.

“I just had to resolve some things,” Salina said looking up at Storm.

He looked at her and smiled.

“Are we going to talk about the money you spent on my shop?” Tricks asked.

“No. You deserve it. You’ve always looked out for me and when I finally told you, you didn’t get angry or upset, you listened and for that I’m grateful. I’ve always wanted to do this for you. I didn’t give it to buy you, I gave it with love.”

“You were always a kind person Sal. It runs in your family.”

“Thank you.” Salina smiled and Storm pulled her to his side.

When Salina had told Tricks about her inheritance and paid off the loan for the shop, he confessed to her that he knew about the inheritance but not the amount. His mother had known her father and when Henry came to her about having Salina stay with them, she had willing said yes. Salina’s father had been very kind to her and it was her way of returning his kindness. Tricks also confessed that it was why he was so adamantly against Rhonda. Knowing that she would try and steal as much of her inheritance as possible, he did everything he could to keep the two of them a part.

After the party was over, Storm walked Salina to the car that was waiting for her.  

“So you no longer drive yourself?” he asked.

“Yes and no. Apparently there is no trust of Churn so this is another precaution I have to live with for now.”

“I agree. I don’t trust him either.” After a few moments, “What are you doing for the holiday?”

“I’m going to see June. It’s been too long. I miss her.”

Storm saw how she smiled and worried. “You’re going to be fine and so will she. You’re safe now.”

Salina smiled up at him. They reached her car and the driver opened the door.

“What are your plans?”

“I have a new niece I’m going to spend time with.”

“Yes, she is beautiful.”

“That she is.” Storm sighed knowing their conversation was at an end but didn’t want to part. “Have a safe flight.”

“I will. Thank you for everything. I truly appreciate it.”

“Always,” replied Storm as he watched as she got into the car.

He was almost at his car when he heard his name. “Storm! Storm!” He turned to see Salina running to him. When she reached him, she looked up at him and without saying a word, pulled his head down to her’s as she stood on her toes and kissed him passionately. Storm wrapped his arms around her tightly and kissed her back just as fiercely.

When they parted, Storm whispered against her lips, “Come back to me Salina Carter.”

She smiled brightly, “Okay,” she said breathlessly. “Have a very Merry Christmas.”

“Seeing you smile like that just made it a very Merry Christmas.”

Storm watched as she returned to her car.

 

&&&

“Is she still sleeping?” Storm asked of Lily.

Ayasha turned and handed him the plate of fruits. “Yes, but she should be up shortly if want to wait.”

“She’s the main reason I’m here.”

“You’re not here to see me anymore,” Ayasha asked in mocked jealousy.

“No. You have gotten my attention for too many years. It’s time for a new woman to get my attention.”

“Speaking of new woman, are you moving on from Salina?”

“No, she and I are almost back together…” Storm deliberately let the sentence trail.

“Really! How? Wow! That’s wonderful!” Ayasha exclaimed.

Storm smiled knowing that Ayasha was truly happy. “Yes, really. How? We talked and yes, it is wonderful.”

“Where is she now?”

“Visiting her nanny.”

“When will she be back?”

“That I don’t know but at the very least, early next year. She has to finish her internship.”

“Isn’t that a long time?”

“She hasn’t seen her in a while. She’s family. She needs this time with her.”

“You’re being very understanding.”

“Salina has been through some difficult couple of years. She needs understanding right now. Furthermore, just like I’m here to see the new beauty of my life, she’s there to see the only family she has left. I have to be understanding.” Ayasha smiled brightly. “What? What are you thinking or better yet, plotting?” Storm asked warily.

“I’m not plotting anything. I was thinking that I like seeing this side of you. It reminds me a lot of dad.”

 

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.