Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

hey here's another update and Celeste has found herself walking down memory lane. Enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


It wasn’t the swinging that jarred me from unconsciousness, but more of the ticking which came every so often, followed by a constant flow of water. With a strong gasp, my eyes opened suddenly to notice the world was upside down. Russet walls contoured at odd angles, while muddy drips rained from the ceiling. Cutout holes littered the floor, where a downward river flowed with such force that the spray left me drenched. My feet hung from a shackle and double rope knot combination which seemed too difficult for the average civilian to master on their spare time.

I was stripped of my clothes, left with nothing but a pair of briefs and a tank top. Muscles rippled underneath my skin; thighs and stomach which had much to pinch was now taut and chiseled. Maybe I could pull myself up, I thought. I curved backwards and then swung forward at the waist. First swing provided enough momentum for me to bend forward and touch my shins on the way up. I unfolded faster to build more speed. My arms reached higher and latched on to the rope. Quickly, I followed the rope to its attachment point. A metal, corroded hook was embedded in the stone ceiling, but its sharp tip left enough space for the rope to come off. At this point, I began to swing wildly.

Each time I came up, the rope inched closer and closer to the end of the curve. Just a little more force, and it would slip off. Fully, I extended my body and swung as arms reached out for anything to push off. Fingertips grazed the ceiling and at my highest point, I shoved myself forward.

With the finesse of cutting butter with a hot knife, the rope slide along the surface of the hook through to the very end. That’s when I prepared for landing. Knees bend with legs still together, I fell several feet through the misty air and landed on the rough ground. Immediately, bare toes slid underneath me and I went tumbling downward, in direct line of a hole. “Fuck,” I screamed, as arms curled up, cradled my head for a nasty impact, and my heels dug into the slick surface.

“Got ya,” the words came fast as a huge shadow blocked out skylights in the muddy ceiling, and sculpted arms gripped the rope that trailed behind me. A scream escaped me as my whole body spun 180 degrees; now my head aimed at the opening. The stranger pulled against gravity, his feet gripped the only dry spot in the cave, but he managed to stop the deathly inertia.

Harsh breathes and chills added discomfort to my position, as fresh water sprays threatened to drown me. That’s when I felt the first tug. “Ahh,” I moaned as flesh scraped along rock, threatened to expose blood.

“I got you,” the deep voice announced. Its familiarity warmed me instantly, and I dared a look, but he was nothing but a heavy silhouette amongst the stone. I lay bundled as he brought me closer to safety, but I was clueless to what would happen after that.

With a rock secured in my hand, I wrapped my fist tightly and waited for his arms to pick me up. However, that never came. Instead the man stopped, dropped the thick rope and backed away. “Where are you going?” I called as eyes opened to his retreatment.

“I am not a guard, lady,” he yelled over the roar of the water.

“…but you can’t leave me here tied up. I’ll slide again.”


“Then I suggest you stay still.” He stopped underneath a skylight, which illuminated his body from head to toe. Broad shoulders led to arms rippled with muscles and fists big enough to crush a man’s skill with little effort. Through a wet, dirty tank, perfectly sculpted pecs and abs emerged and led to a pair of cargo shorts that stopped at the knees. I followed impressive calves to his sandal clad feet, and marveled at the man. Under my inspection, he cleared his throat and my eyes climbed his body to his face and froze.

Stormy gray eyes radiated amongst ebony features and tanned skin, with a nose so straight even sculptors couldn’t emulate. My breath hitched as the similarities aligned within my head. “Henri?” I called out, this time he was the one out of breath.

***


“Whisper that name around here and you will get yourself killed.” The man uttered, nor agreed or declined my words. He turned to walk away, but I couldn’t let him slip into nonexistence.

“I know who you are, I know of your importance,” I whispered and watched as he froze, spun around and raced back to me. By the look of danger in his eyes, I tried to upright myself, but nature wouldn’t allow it. He crossed the distance fast and squatted right in front of me; his head cocked to the side.

“You don’t know anything.” Eyes squinted toward me as my blood froze, but I wouldn’t let him walk away.

Suddenly, I grabbed onto him and kicked forward, brought him to his knees. Shock paralyzed him, and in turn I took advantage. I punched out with the rock in hand and managed to connect with his jaw. I repeated the offense twice, before he recovered fast enough, to grip my arm and slid me underneath him. He snatched both wrists in one fist and threw them above my head; his body sat on top of my chest, secured me in place, or so he thought. I writhed under him, as words flew through my mouth. “…your brother…the cove…she changed me…your DNA… I’m pregnant and we need you…,” I blabbered through fresh hot tears and all the hysteria soon took over and I just cried.

Henri looked down at me in confusion for seconds, and I didn’t care. He was the missing piece, but also the confirmation that all of this was real. That Karen’s plan was real, and Michael’s words were solidified and the hard part was just beginning.

After several seconds, a click echoed through the cave and Henri’s face sharpened. He looked behind his shoulder as a man of equal build approached. “What the hell are you doing here,” he snarled at Henri, who took a deep breath and looked down at me.

With eyes connected, indecision shone on his face. “Please,” I whispered not sure what I asked for, but all the more begged for his help.

Instead, I got this, “She managed to get out of the hook and almost went through the drain holes.”

“Why were you here in the first place? You’re a boiler man,” the man spat condescendingly. Henri’s jaw clenched at the description of his position and now I understood why he was covered in dirt.

“They ordered me to check the rain fall, not be the caregiver of wanderers,” he snapped back but lightened his hold on me. I watched as he got to his feet, a bruise appeared from my punches, and he spat out blood. “She’s all yours, but be careful…” he stopped to look at me and what transpired behind his eyes left me confused. I opened my mouth to call to him, but he turned away and uttered words I didn’t want anyone to know. “…she’s pregnant.”

“All the more reason to let her drown; we have enough mouths to feed.”

I watched in silence as Henri walked away, disappeared around a corner and left me. I studied the new comer as his eyes scanned my body with lust and he took a step to move forward. “I will kill you if you touch me.”

“Oh, really? And what makes you think you can take me on?” he slurred out with a malicious smile across his face. “Sweetheart, you ain’t one pound over 150 and I’m reaching three hundred, pure muscle.”

I smiled through my disgust as he roughly picked me up and I noticed we were the same height. Perfect. “Ever heard of the saying, the bigger you are, the harder you’ll fall, well hang on,” I warned and threw my head right into his forehead. The crack was resounding and he backed away dazed and in pain. “Fucking bitch,” he yelled and looked up at me while fresh blood oozed down his face and my hunger spiked.

I didn’t have a moment to recover before she took over, pushed me from the forefront, and licked her lips. No, I urged from within as my body moved forward, every bit the predator she was created to be. No, I ordered and an image of Michael flashed before our eyes. An image that reminded us both what dangers would happen if we weren’t smart. My head turned toward the drain hole, as if saying we could dump the body, but I was repulsed by it. Animal blood, I recently accepted but humans…no fucking way.

“No,” the words slipped past my lips as I took control over my body and pushed her down where she belonged. Hunger pains spread, but I  stomached them before it got us both killed.

“No, what?” the man stuttered, almost fearful. I listened closely, concentrated past the crashing water and to the thumping from the stranger. His heartbeat raced and I became all too aware that he probably witnessed my transition; I knew it was subtle but still there.

“Point the way out of here?” I ordered and watched as the meathead pointed behind him. I walkeD, caught him within my fingers and kept him from moving. “If you tell a soul what you just saw, I’ll hunt you down and cut you open, starting with this.” My left hand gripped around the small lump between his thighs and squeezed. “Understood?”

He nodded through the pain, and I didn’t wait for words. Instead I sent a knee high and connected with his pelvis. “Just a little warning.”

Fingers let him sent to the ground, as I pulled a sharp knife from his belt and sliced through the corded rope. Keys came next and the shackle dropped with a heavy clump. Legs free, I followed his direction and continued straight until the lights were further apart and the cave turned into a tunnel. Several openings on each side, painted a picture of a maze and wondered how far under the ground we were. Panic began to set in as memories from the cove came forth. Muddy walls turned into grey sheetrock and I pictured a hall full of doctors at the end. Footstep became harder, my legs turned into logs as I ordered myself to continue. However I didn’t go far before I was met with her.

 

Like a glowing angel, this gray haired woman in all white, stood with a raised arm and a pistol at the end of her fist. “Impressive,” was the only words that left her lips before she pulled the trigger. 






Chapter End Notes:

Hey, thanks for reading and reviews!!!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.