Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The joke's on you.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 3

"Well, d'ya kill him?", Sasha asked Michonne referring to Governor, as she and Maggie entered her cell.

"Nope. Lost his trail.", Michonne answered.

"Too bad.", Sasha said.

"Yeah, too bad.", Michonne returned sounding disappointed.

"So, did you get my things?", Sasha asked without hesitation.

"Yeah, I got it.", Michonne replied and proceeded to root around inside her knap sack. She found the requested make up kit and bottle of perfume and handed them to Sasha. As instructed, she went to a Victoria's Secret store and got said items.

"Make-up, perfume. Hmm. Got a hot date?" , Michonne asked sarcastically.

"Wouldn't you want to know.", Sasha threw back.

Fatigue was just starting to sneak up on Michonne. She was feeling a bit worn out after bouncing around in the sun on the back of a horse all day. The only thing she could think of was to hit the showers and take an early snooze.

"Hey, you didn't forget me, now did ya?", Maggie asked as she sat down on Sasha's small bed .

"Red lingerie, how could I forget.", Michonne replied and handed her a small box of red lace underwear.

"It's not like you and Glenn need it, but, hey, it ain't my bidnez", Michonne quipped.

Sasha and Maggie silently looked at each other and busted out laughing. Michonne didn't quite understand what was going on.

"Um, what's so funny?", Michonne asked feeling something was amiss.

"Honey child, these are for you.", Sasha handed her back the perfume and the make-up. Maggie too handed her back the lingerie.

"Come again?", Michonne asked feeling brain tired and confused.

"Don't think you have us fooled. We see you looking at Rick. You're practically droolin' everytime you do a butt check.", Sasha said.

"A what check? Shit! Was I that obvious?", Michonne said blushing and finally conceeding. Her cheeks grew hot from shear embarassment.

"And when you ain't lookin', he gives you a good up and down too, you know, like this...", Maggie added while imitating Rick checking Michonne out.

"'specially when you ain't lookin'. One time, when you were done talking with him, I saw him watch you walk away.", Sasha said.

"Really?", Michonne replied almost in disbelief.

"Oh yeah, ever since you came. Girl, we all see the two of you. You two always going off some place else jibber-jabberin' and God knows what else.", Sasha teased.

"But all me and Rick ever talk about is bidnez, I mean, business.", Michonne said in her defense.

"You're into his eyes and butt aren't ya? Hmm, hmm. Ya always gazin' into his eyes an' when he turn and walk away, you stare at his butt.", Sasha continued.

"That's some serious butt checkin' if ever I've seen one.", Maggie said.

"Michonne, you're makin' him crazy. Everytime you go off and don't come back for days, he gets quiet. I mean, real quiet. For the past week, he's been missin' meals. He hasn't eaten dinner with the rest of us for two nights in a row and he'd been skipping breakfast too. Haven't you noticed he's lost weight?", Maggie asked.

Michonne nodded and said, "Yeah, he does look slimmer than before I left."

"Yeah girl, he been missing you bad.", Sasha said shaking her head from side to side with a serious look upon her face.

Michonne didn't say anything else. She just folded her arms infront of her. She wasn't sure what to feel. She thought that it was one thing that he liked her but it is another he was making himself disapppear in the process. She wondered what would've happened had she stayed away for two weeks or even a month.

"Carol and Hershel said they were gonna gave him a talk today and tell him to stop pussy footin' around. When they do, and I know they will, I think he's gonna do somethin' tonight. Maybe even stop by your cell. So you'd better be prepared, if you know what I mean." Maggie added with a wink.

"Hershel is in on this too?", Michonne asked, surprised.

"Haven't you been listening to us. Everybody knows.", Sasha said.

"Girl, it is time you march your ass to the shower room and git yo'self all dolled up. Pronto!", Sasha ordered.

"Now?", Michonne asked a bit perplexed.

"Yeah! Now!", both Sasha and Maggie exclaimed.

With that, Michonne left Sasha's cell and headed down the hall towards the shower room.

Once they were satisfied that she was well out of their sight,

Sasha said, "Hey, nice one about Rick missing meals.", and gave Maggie a high-five.

"I nearly gave myself away when I saw the look of guilt on her face.", Maggie said.

"Man, I nearly bust out laughing when you said it all straight faced and shit. Nice goin' girl.", Sasha said smiling.

"Good thing Carol made sure to give Rick nothing but extra-large T-shirts to wear this week.", Maggie added.

"Yeah. Poor fool had no clue what's going on.", Sasha laughed.

"So far, everything is going as planned. The rest is in their hands now.", Maggie said smiling.

As Michonne made her way to the shower room, she replayed the conversation she just had with the girls in her head. She felt like such a fool having discovered that everyone knew all this time. She scolded herself for being so transparent. She might as well be walking around with a LOSER sign stamped to her forehead like a clumsy, socially inept teenager in the movies. She thought, So much for keeping my feelings in check. But besides all of that, she was flattered that he was checking her out too. Could the girls be right? Is he going to come by my cell tonight? Michonne asked herself. "Come what may", she said, "Good thing I grabbed my favorite Victoria's Secret body wash today. If Apple-Pomergranate doesn't work, I don't know what will.".

XxxXx

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.