Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 13


Eight missed calls. Six voicemails.

Rolling my eyes, I pressed the 'Call,' button, not really in the mood to hear the bull-talk that was waiting for me from the other end of the phone but the desire to get it over as quickly as possible had overwhelmed me.

"Took your sweet time to answer your phone -- you like the fact that such a handsome papi like myself is at your beck and call like a good little bitch, huh?"

That was to be expected.

I didn't even bother replying to his typical vain-like monologues, instead I set my phone on loudspeaker, before dropping it onto the space next to me on my bed as I resumed munching through a large bag of cheese puffs.

My rather loud crunching noises gave me away, "It seems to me that you have got your mouth occupied."

Orange flakes flew out of my nose as an accidental snort came out of my mouth.

"You have a dirty mind, Carter."

"You provoked it, Henriquez."

"Oh, so I provoke your dirty thoughts?"

Not wanting him to get the wrong ideas, because I obviously didn't have 'dirty thoughts' concerning him, I swiftly changed the subject, "Do you have to be so conceited?"

"When you look like me, it's very hard not to be."

"Of course."

"Glad we're on the same page."

I just wanted to shove a bamboo stick up his arrogant asshole, honestly. The sour mood I was in was not helping matters. After realising that the silly excuse of a car was not moving anywhere, my mum went back in the house to sleep off her night shift. That left me stuck in disappointment at not being able to get things in order in preparation for my dad's arrival.

My mum's change of attitude had my dad's homecoming written all over it. Even though she didn't appear excited at her husband being released as her daughter I could see it, she just wasn't really the type to put her emotions on display.

"You still there?" I heard Buttbag's voice ask, disconnecting me from my thoughts.

"Unfortunately," I replied as I threw back some more cheese puffs into my starving mouth.

"It's okay to be jealous, baby. "

"Don't call me 'baby'," I said refusing to let his stupid sexy voice get to me (even though it already had)."

"Babe, there's a thing of mine that would love to occupy your mouth."

He must have been crazy if he thought I would willingly let the conversation carry on. Out of court settlement or not, I pressed the 'End Call' button on my phone, cutting his laughter short. It was all just a big fancy tease game to him and there was no way I was going to play dumb stupid, no matter how much heat he generated in me.

I got up from my bed, going downstairs into the kitchen in search of some ice cream to help cool myself down.

After grabbing the strawberry-flavoured ice cream, I trudged back up the stairs into my room. Sitting back down on my bed I picked a single puff before dunking it into the cold slickness. The sight of the light-pink cream coating the bent shaped cheesy goodness was just too gorgeous for words and when I popped it into my mouth I was in pure nirvana - until my phone wouldn't stop vibrating.

"Angelo I am not in the mood for one of your stupid games. You think you're hot, fine, go tell it to someone who fucking cares, like a modelling agency or some shit. If nothing of value comes out of your mouth in the next three seconds I'm going to hang up."

"Chica, this is Angelo's mother speaking."

Shit. Shit...and double shit.

I couldn't say anything and for a second or two there was silence until Sara broke out in a loud laugh that somehow sort of removed the awkwardness of the situation.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Henriquez I thought it was Angelo -- I just erm - he was just -"

"Don't worry chica, I know how that boy can get and be rest assured that I'm going to have some words with him."

"I'm sorry again, Mrs. Henriquez."

"Oh don't worry about it. Men always knows how to press the wrong buttons to make us women act loco."

Overly glad that she was not at all upset with me, I finally could breath in and out.

"I'm just calling to make sure everything is fine, because you seemed to be in quite of a hurry when you left the supermarket."

Admitting to her that my dad was coming out of jail would not exactly leave the best of impressions and that's why I made up a lie of my mum needing me to do 'something'.

"Ah I see", she said unconvinced but said nothing of it, "when I told Angelo about you running off he wouldn't stop calling your phone every 10 seconds, I'm sure you must have like a thousand missed calls-"

"And that's the last time you use my phone again mum", I could hear Angelo's voice as he disrupted his mum from finishing her sentence.

Ignoring her son, I heard her ask, "What is this I hear of you sexually harassing this girl?"

And queue in Round Two: Sara The Spanish Phoenix versus. Angelo The Overly- Conceited Buttbag.

I must admit my lips curled into a smile as my insides warmed at the thought that Angelo had a pinch of concern for me. It's a nice feeling knowing that someone is looking out for you - a man, looking out for his woman.

Before those ridiculous thoughts made a home in my mind and bullied me into believing that Angelo cared for me in ways I wouldn't mind him caring for me, I snapped myself out of it.

I would NOT think too much into it. It was just an act of kindness. Nothing more.

I left my phone back on the bed as I resumed eating my cheese puff and strawberry ice cream concoction whilst tuning into the entertainment on the other end of the phone.

Finally after what felt forever and a life time and Sara having won the argument by default (because she was bad ass like that) I heard her ask, "Chica, you said your car wasn't working didn't you?"

I nearly choked on the cheese curls, as I wondered how she could have possibly known? I momentarily looked around a room, nervously trying to see if there were some secret cameras or supernatural shit going on, but found none out the norm. Sara was most definitely sent from heaven.

"Sara I don't -"

"When we were back at the massage place and you said that your car wasn't working and you weren't going to get it fixed till next week", said Sara's voice more firmly, with a hint of desperation, giving me no choice to play along, as I realised she was up to something.

Not remembering a time when I mentioned anything about my car I said, "Yeah sure."

Sara was those type of people that held so much authority in their voice and with just one word they could have anything wrapped around their finger.

Happy that I had agreed with her, she carried on, "Well Angelo over here just told me how he has nothing important to do with his time right now and how he would be more than happy to be your chauffeur. I'm sure you have some Christmas shopping to do, dontchyachica? "

Oh how I loved this woman.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.