Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 17 Pt.2

Angelo's POV

 

There are times when I dislike being a Spanish dude - Christmas being one of them.

Relatives from all over the planet who I never even knew existed show up unannounced at my uncle's door with their whole family and I wasn't just talking about a mum, dad and maybe two children - no. It was more like a mum, dad and a dozen children (most who were infants) with maybe a friend or two to tag along, ready to eat free food. My uncle the ever welcoming host was always happy to accommodate since his house was probably large enough to contain the population of the Caribbean.

What took the piss about being in a house full of Latinos who were supposedly your 'relatives', was that you couldn't even hit on any of the girls, in case they ended up being some distant, third cousin relative shit. And I was not on that incest mess.

My mother had told me to place some more slices of turrons, on the serving platters after telling me she was going off to do something - she did tell me what but I didn't really pay attention to what she said as usual. I took a slice from the platter, just to make sure that that the cake had the right texture and quality to be eaten by others and with a mouth full of honey almond goodness I left the kitchen area to play waiter to the five thousand.

"Mi Dios Angelo, you're so big now!"

No shit Sherlock. I forced on a charming smile at the plump, butter-skinned lady in front of me who supposedly thought a twenty-one year old guy like me would be as tall as one of Santa's Little Helpers. I was about to make my swift exit but that definitely did not happen when her chubby hands wrapped around my free one.

"Paloma, venir! Look at Henriquez son!"

Within seconds I had attracted a crowd of menopausal women, who couldn't resist keeping their hands of off me. This was nothing out of the ordinary. I mean shit, one must be deaf, dumb and blind to not take a second look at my awesome face. Usually I'd be pretty cool about being centre of attention but I just wasn't feeling it in that moment, yet I had to keep up the pretence because after all it was Christmas and sharing is caring.

I seriously needed an escape plan, my arms were aching from carrying the silver platter, but I was squashed in the centre by thick Spanish women, forcing me to stay put. And when I say thick, I mean Big Mama thick.

Out of nowhere, someone pushed against my sides, nearly toppling the platter over but I managed to balance it in record time. I looked to my side to see a tall, pretty young girl with a head full of wavy, black hair and without warning bright flashes of light were blinding my eyesight momentarily.

"Smile at the camera...oh mi Dios, you and Maria make such a lovely couple, don't you say Angelo?"

Not this shit again, I thought. I was tired with women trying to pair me off with their daughters and seeing me as their 'future son-in-law', when in reality that would never happen. The girl, Maria, had casually draped her arm round my torso rather tightly, getting way, way too comfortable with me.

Wishing I was anywhere but there, I distracted myself looking at the hordes of people littered around my uncle's house before catching sight of my mum in the foyer talking to a black family of four. Intrigued by the possible new discovery of my bloodline, I was even more than desperate to get out of the tribe of women gathered around me and the one flirting with my arm.

Right then, I spotted Robinho walking my direction so I focused my gaze on him until he made eye contact with me. When he did, I made a subtle sign to get him to come over He already knew what to do.

"Jello, mum's looking for you."

"I'm sorry ladies, but I'm going to have to go," I said as smoothly as possible adding a drop of disappointment in my voice.

That shit worked like magic. The women looked heartbroken that I was no longer gracing them with my presence but with Robinho there, they were compensated and immediately the cheek-squeezing and butt-pinching commenced. I must say my brother handled the attention rather well - I had taught him good.

It had become a thing between my brother and I, especially when it came to large family events like that. He knew the game plan; when the attention got too much, my brother would come in to save the day and later on I would compensate him.

Now that I was free, I stared at the turrons for a moment figuring I would just walk over and ask the family if they wanted a slice- pretty simple but workable. Straightening myself up, I strode over to my mum, but as I was bringing the platter of the traditional cakes forward I became briefly paralysed by who I saw.

"Oh, this is Angelo my eldest son. Angelo, this is Mrs. Carter and her husband. She was the nurse that attended to me for my burns yesterday at the hospital and I decided to invite her over to have Christmas with us. It was a surprise when I found out that Luciana over here and Bobby are her - Angelo, are you okay?"

I was not okay.

Shifting uncomfortably, I throated out, "I'm fine."

God knows I tried hard (maybe not hard enough) not to be swayed away by my lustful thoughts when my eyes laid on her voluptuous curves highlighted by the sexy purple dress she was wearing.

I let my gaze slowly wander to her neck where I could see her toffee skin sheeted with light perspiration and I continued my journey upwards with my eyes to see her chewing nervously on those full, bowed-shaped lips of hers. What I wanted to see most were her eyes but she made it a point to look away like I was not standing in front of her near damn embarrassing myself at the evidence of how much I wanted her.

"Mr. Henriquez...nice to meet you."

The firm handshake and the subtle hard glare I got from Mr. Carter pulled me out of whatever shit Luciana had managed to pull me into. Of course no father would be happy at witnessing some guy eye-humping his daughter, which I admit was not a smart move on my part but for once my lower body part had the reigns.

"I believe we've met before," said Mrs. Carter no doubt recalling back the time I came to her house with the police.

I wasn't a total asshole and I did feel bad when I had seen Bobby crying for Luciana when her mum had said that he couldn't go with her to the police station. I had justified my actions by insisting Luciana had brought it on herself by not providing me her car insurance details. When it came to my cars I did not joke.

Trying to ease off on the tension I chuckled lightly. "I believe we have. Merry Christmas, Mrs. Carter."

"Sara, your boy here is...something else."

"Having two boys is hard work," responded my mum laughing which everyone joined in and I couldn't help but feel some type of way about that - if anything, I had been a ray of sunshine in my mother's life.

"Bobby, Rob is right over there," I said to Bobby as an attempt to take control of the situation again.

"Mum, can I go over to Robinho?"

Mrs. Carter having said yes, he raced off to my brother who looking from where I was, was still being tortured by those women.

One down. Two to go.

Conveniently, Uncle Eduardo passed our little group and within two minutes of my mum introducing each person my uncle's flawless hospitality was able to sway away Mr. Carter.

Two down. One to go.

"Maya, I really want to show you...something," she said passing a mischievous glance at Luciana and I, "let's leave these kids alone."

Not even waiting for Mrs. Carter's response, my mother dragged her away into the crowd, leaving me and Luciana alone - at last.

I stood in front of her thinking she would finally acknowledge my presence instead she started stalking off into an unknown direction. Before she could walk any further I grasped her wrist and she stumbled onto my chest. Using the tip of my fingers I lifted her chin up until I could see those chocolate-dipped eyes of hers.

I leaned forward until she could hear my breath in her ears. "Was you just going to walk away without wishing me a Merry Christmas?"

Her breath hitched, I chuckled quietly- she was feeling something and she was fighting against it. I pulled her back against my chest when she tried to walk away again.

"Let me go, people are watching."

The irritation was loud in my voice."So?"

"I need you to stop playing your games with me."

"What games?" I asked confused.

"This game of you...me. Stop it", she said finally looking at me properly.

Not even bothering to reply to her protests to let her go and beyond pissed I passed the damn silver platter down to a random guest and with a strong grip on Luciana she had no choice but to follow me up the stairs.

"Where are you taking me to Angelo?"

"Somewhere you can properly explain to me the shit you've just accused me of."

Pushing the door open to a vacant guest room I led Luciana inside before closing the door and sitting on the king sized bed. Looking back at her annoyed face I asked as calmly as I could, "Explain to me about this game."

"I don't have time for this, I'm leaving Angelo."

"Not until you tell me what I want to know."

"Are you threatening me?" she asked eyes wide in shock.

"Do you want to leave?"

"You are threatening me", a bitter laugh escaped her, "unbelievable."

From where I sat I had the perfect view of her standing in the middle of the room in every way perfect and every way pissed at me. It was obvious, I got off on getting on her nerves.

"It's all a big game to you, pick on the low esteem girl, she's an easy target. You know all the right words to say to make her feel good about herself and then at the unexpected moment you'll break her down and make her feel like she's worth less than shit."

I was dumbfounded.

"Very clever. Pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. I saw you with that girl earlier on and she had her arms around you. From where I stood you two looked pretty comfortable around each other. I bet you say the same shit to her and all the other countless girls you like to play with when you're bored."

To vexed to say shit, I marched over to where she stood, grabbing her I slammed our bodies against the wall. Before I could second guess anything my lips smashed against her soft ones. Her soft whimpers and moans, nearly drove my mind to insanity. My hands having a life of their own ended up slowly massaging the soft flesh of her ass.

Knowing that if I did not stop any sooner, it would be harder to stop later, I slowly unlatched my lips from hers. Our short gasps of air mingled together and for brief seconds I watched her partly closed eyes, still revelling in the moment. They looked so dark and vulnerable and shiny with lust.

"Did that seem like a game to you?"

Before she could answer the door to the room opened and without warning I felt the force of Luciana's hands push me away.

"Kids if you're in here, dinner's r-Oh Dios Mio, I didn't realise you two would be...I'-I'll just go now," said my mother still standing at the doorway looking back and forth between Luciana and I.

It was one of those moments where I had to be careful not to curse out my mother, and I actually had to close my eyes and count to ten knowing that Luciana was flying out the room at that moment and I had let her go.

A bright smile covered my mother's face as Luciana rushed past her muttering an apology. I knew the second she left my mother would want to relieve what was on her mind, things that I necessarily did not want to hear or admit to myself because I was simply in no mood for it.

"Mamá , no ahora", I said going back to sit on the bed.

Thankful that she didn't push and respecting my need to be alone, with effort she restrained herself from saying anything further and closed the door, leaving me in the dimness of the room.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.